Speaker 1: Catch every tournament upset and every highlight with cafean at hot House, join Justin, Guard, Meat, Sauce, and Parker for Bracket Bash watch parties this Thursday, tipping off at eleven am, two pm, and five pm. You can catch college hoops on the big screens and prizes flowing all day, including sixty five inch televisions. Get all the details at cafe dot com Qubrecounter. We'll see at hot House at Mystic Lake Thursday and Friday. Gonna be a wonderful couple of days at college.
Speaker 2: Oops, can't wait.
Speaker 3: Instead of sixty five inch television, why don't they give away like ten thirty inch televisions?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: You know people love the five inch TVs and I guess yes, I got one in my pocket.
Speaker 3: Kind of well, if you like me, you got plenty room in there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, all right, let's do the news.
Speaker 3: We'll do the news.
Speaker 1: Call this.
Speaker 2: News Chris Hockey.
Speaker 3: Oh no, brought you by the Chris Hockey Band into luth next Wednesday and Saint Michael next Thursday.
Speaker 2: What time will that be?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Price seven or seven thirty.
Speaker 2: Get your tickets that came up organically.
Speaker 3: Okay, well it's a sponsor.
Speaker 2: Corps, Yeah, corps.
Speaker 3: Sorry, did you well, you didn't hear this? Did you hear about this?
Speaker 4: Did a nerth quake just come through our whole house? Shook?
Speaker 2: And we thought that something hit like the roof of the grocery store. It was just a really loud bang.
Speaker 1: And I just hear a giant thud, and then it persisted for like ten seconds, and I'm just sitting there like, does this the end? Times it sound like a bowling ball dropped on the floor above me.
Speaker 2: It was pretty loud.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a meteor exploding above northeast Ohio.
Speaker 2: Can you play sound might again?
Speaker 4: Did a nerth quake just come through our whole house? Shook?
Speaker 3: Yob, Yes, our whole house shook.
Speaker 2: I don't know why that made me laugh.
Speaker 1: Both times it sounds like he or she is acting. I can't even tell which gender it is.
Speaker 3: I thought she said, gosh, does she say yes?
Speaker 2: Do it again?
Speaker 4: Did an earthquake just come through our whole house? Shook?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yes.
Speaker 3: Anyway, it was a meteor and exploded way up in the air. And here's an explanation from a smart guy.
Speaker 6: What you're really seeing is not an explosion. That's you know, up in the clouds. It's miles higher than that. We're talking ten miles high or more so, way above where air planes fly, right at the top of the atmosphere, so it's visible from a very long distance. The sonic boom will just keep.
Speaker 2: Going until it loses energy.
Speaker 6: So this is something that hit the atmosphere going, you know, fifty times the speed of sound broke up, caused that fireball and that boom when it broke up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was thinking after I heard about this and saw the footage and all that stuff, Obviously NASA and stuff knew this was going to happen, but they didn't tell us, right, And I guess, right, don't you expect they knew this thing was coming close to the earth. I mean, it's pretty big. It's not enormous, but it's big enough for it to create a sonic boom in our atmosphere. I wonder like, if when the end of times does come, y'all that you're excited that they won't tell us and that's probably better.
Speaker 1: That's a uh, that's a good question. What's like that movie? What was it called Don't Look Up?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, right with Leo. Yeah, never saw it. But it's all right, isn't the whole point of it? Like they're screaming on TV like no, like the world's gonna end, like we're all toast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but nobody believes them. That's a gi justt of it.
Speaker 3: That sounds right to me. That that rings a bell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, doesn't sound like they knew about this one, no kidding, how would they not know? But the telescopes no more. Yeah, science, this one wasn't big enough to care about. And well, so the problem is, obviously, meteors hit the Earth every.
Speaker 2: Day, and most of them we don't know.
Speaker 1: Most of them are not even close to big enough to do this, I think, And like they know the asteroids and stuff like that, but meteors are a little tougher to track. Plus they're going as fast as they are going.
Speaker 3: And so okay, I guess I mean that makes sense. I'm sure, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I hope that the bigger asteroids and stuff that they know about it, and then they can give us a heads up and Bruce Willis can go save our asses.
Speaker 2: But do you think they would tell us if it was over? That's a would you want to know? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Great question? I think it would leak out well in today's day and age.
Speaker 2: It would.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Adam Schefter would probably have it. Yeah, it would be. We will find out about the end of times via at Adam Schefter on yeah or Pelasero. He's kind of connect did hello, Sarah's playing initials on Friday?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 1: He'll be here two days from almost exactly right now.
Speaker 3: We'll look at there.
Speaker 2: He's the best.
Speaker 3: All right, Relax, he is.
Speaker 2: He's very good at what he does.
Speaker 1: Okay, calm down, come on, shut off. He's not bringing you to the draft. No, I could get my own point. Why don't you I'd rather watch it on TV?
Speaker 3: Yes, yell.
Speaker 2: An opportunity to go last year, and I said no, you should be financially irresponsible and.
Speaker 1: Wait time out, time out by not going to the draft, I am being financially responsible.
Speaker 2: No, financially, I want you to be more financially. I want you. I want to live vicariously through you, and you did once. I've spent way too much money in a pair of shoes. That's a good point. That was fun. You were hammered, I was loaded. I brought a glass.
Speaker 3: You got away from a restaurant you did.
Speaker 2: I'm so confused.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the hell's going on.
Speaker 1: Hit me in the face, supper mil baby. Yeah, got myself a scorpion a big.
Speaker 3: Gas glass, you know, did you rock like a hurricane?
Speaker 2: I did? And then he left with it, and then I didn't think of my head.
Speaker 1: I got the uber and I was like, oh, this probably should have stayed at the table.
Speaker 2: And somebody didn't. So it was in the news.
Speaker 1: Didn't somebody just get the bitten by a scorpion in Vegas? Like within the last week. They're scorpion but Vegas? Haass?
Speaker 2: I thought. I just saw that on Twitter.
Speaker 1: Silver Seven's Hotel in Las Vegas, months after a similar incident.
Speaker 2: So where the hell is Silver Seven's?
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know that. I've not heard of that one.
Speaker 1: It's in uh Paradise, It's which is the strip? Yeah, so it is east of It's on Flamingo Road. Uh yeah, So Flamingo Road where like between the Cromwell and the Horseshoe. Yeah, you just keep going east. It's a it's a it's it's it's the one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know where is y Yes, across the street from there?
Speaker 1: Okay, by the way, is the Cromwell now officially vander Pump.
Speaker 2: It's going to be. I don't think it's there.
Speaker 1: They're taking reservations now at as the but they haven't swapped names yet. Oh I didn't vander Pump Lisa vander Pump you would?
Speaker 3: Well, sure, but isn't that a person?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, she's great. You like her? Yeah?
Speaker 1: She was on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills for a while. They kicked her off for some reason. Then she started her own show. Then she did vander Pump Rules, which the last three seasons are the most stage thing that's ever been on TV.
Speaker 2: But you like her still?
Speaker 1: But I like her? Yeah, she's great hat show. She's very kind to animals and takes a lot. Will she be kind to gamblers?
Speaker 2: I mean, for a frog? You should google her. He's going to google the casino before he googles her.
Speaker 1: So as of Monday, guess can only book rooms at the Crowdwell through Saturday. All other dates of the remainder that you are currently unavailable because of reconstruction or just what are they doing remodeling the thing that happened after Civil War reconstruction?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, vander Pump wins scorched earth.
Speaker 1: Jeez, I listened too many audiobooks, sauce, yes, sir, please don't. Oh no, no, no, explain the concept of scorched earth?
Speaker 2: Oh, thank god? Isn't scorched earth?
Speaker 1: Like the concept of it would be as you're so mad that you're gonna go like you're so pissed, like you're going to like everything around. That's the modern usage, I mean, like the historic phrase or the historic concept scorched earth. I don't know, assume like a mom, isn't that scorched earth? You're gonna bomb everybody. I was looking at your report card for history. It says ends, oh, yeah, needs improvement. I need improvement on a lot of things in my life. Corlis, I think you're doing great. You're a medical marvel like Ross Keller. I appreciate that. I don't know what that means, but you're a medical marvel. Well, thank you. What is the scorch earth?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What is it? You're a history buff? Right?
Speaker 1: What do you think it means? What's your best guess? From like a war perspective?
Speaker 2: No? Is it a guns of blazons?
Speaker 3: Kind of? I mean talk about it kind of? Yeah, I mean kind of.
Speaker 2: Just set everything on fire.
Speaker 3: You just say, we're gonna kill everybody.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna leave essentially nothing. We're gonna literally set the world on fire so you don't have anything left.
Speaker 3: We are going to salt the earth, so not only ever're gonna kill all of you, nobody will ever be able to grow anything here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna We're literally gonna scorch the earth with We're gonna burn everything so there's nothing to have when the assault of the earth comes from no, no, that comes from kindness. I wish you guys would just decompose and become the salt of the earth.
Speaker 2: What oh Rosie? All right, any more.
Speaker 3: News, but it's seven breaking.
Speaker 2: Come back to Sauce.
Speaker 1: You'll do sports when we come back. There's a ton of sports to talk about. Tons tons after this power to want. I want to be at the next Big Game concert. Oh my god, Yes, yes, we're giving away tickets the Wild Santana, the Doobie Brothers, Chris Stapleton and play more and today Kiva dot Comcory Contest.
Speaker 3: Oh hey guys, yes, sir, this is probably ridiculous sports though.
Speaker 2: That's what we do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, time for Fan five and all the Times. Is it possible that Anthony Edwards, you're familiar, they call him man plays basketball?
Speaker 1: YEP.
Speaker 3: I mean I think we know that he's a big deal, and I keep hearing that he's the next Michael Jordan, the next face of the of the league. Is it possible that being in Minnesota on the Minnesota Timberwolves is holding him back?
Speaker 2: No? No, because he's holding himself back.
Speaker 3: Okay, interesting, that's my name, Okay, So what is holding him back? And the reason I asked that question is I just watched a promo for the Obama Foundation that is nothing but President Obama and Anthony Edwards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the one on one bit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then he ends it by going like this, we are going to be opening the Obama Presidential Center this summer to all visitors, even Anthony Edwards.
Speaker 3: So President Obama singles out one person in his bit to have a rivalry with, and it's Anthony Edwards.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: I don't get the feeling that Anthony Edwards is Michael Jordan, or is Kobe Bryant even And what you just said is that the answer does he not want to be the face of the NBA or is something holding is the fact that he hasn't won a championship yet, what is it?
Speaker 2: I mean, that doesn't help. That doesn't help. I think Ant.
Speaker 1: Is the face of regular season Timberwolves basketball. Well said he might be the reason why we're awesome and frustrating at the same time, because I truly believe when we get to the postseason and it's going to flip the switch. We've seen it now two years in a row. When that flip is switched. He's drawn comparisons to Jordan's. Even if it's ridiculous, you could still say that's that two years ago we had that conversation like is he the next Michael Jordan's because.
Speaker 2: Had that conversation right, because he moves like Jordan.
Speaker 1: There were some shots from the postseason two years ago that looked like it was like he's just got the same vibe, and then last year that wasn't quite the case. But still I think playoff Ant is a world class Hall of Fame player. Regular season Ant doesn't like defense, so or he gets up depending on what team they're playing. Yes, if they're playing the Magic on a Tuesday, he has known.
Speaker 2: And he might mail it in.
Speaker 3: Back to my original question, you don't think that I mean, would he be a global superstar if he were on the Lakers?
Speaker 2: Well, yes, but I think he is. Oh, he definitely superstar.
Speaker 3: Definitely, Sorry, would he be? I don't know. Maybe I'm doing it, maybe I'm wrong, maybe my perception is wrong. I just don't think he is what everybody thinks he should be. No, that's not I'm not trying. I'm not trying to take a shot at him. And maybe I should be taking a shot at him. I just the the the possibilities seem to be much much bigger than the reality for him. Am I wrong about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean I don't know, because again, now you could argue, like the biggest players in the world Wemby's in San Antonio, right, the Jokers in Denver, Gas and SGA's and OKC right, the Greek freaks in Milwaukee. So sure, Lebron and Luca are in LA.
Speaker 3: At those people you just mentioned are Lebron.
Speaker 2: No, But but if you if you said who are the.
Speaker 1: Five best players in the NBA, it's basically the guys I just named, and mostly they're in the Midwest. Yep so, and and even though Rosie, like six months ago, City wouldn't trade for him. The face of the NBA for the next ten to fifteen years is Wemby. So Ant is a Hall of Fame player. Let's hope he finds a way to thread the needle and find a title for the Wolves at some point. But I don't think the Wolves are holding him back. I think the only person when you're that good, when you're as good as Aunt is, the only person that I think can truly motivate.
Speaker 2: You more is yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, you got to want it more than you wanted it the previous year. And not to go too hardcore basketball on it, but I think after this season they're going to kind of break up this band and try a different version.
Speaker 2: Of it centered around an centered around.
Speaker 1: Ant with somebody like another guard that can score they need because they don't the point guard is such a disaster. When they get into these games against these teams like Oklahoma City, they and they just basically triple team Ant. You don't know what you got in Julius. Every night, Rudy is a liability unless you throw the ball above his head, and sometimes he's a liability. But that Jayden is more of you know, Jaden's Jaden. But and they don't. The point guard situation is a disaster if they if they had traded or gotten somebody like a Yannis who was healthy, they would be a force. I think of what I just said, right, let's go back to those teams. I just listen outside of the Greek freak in Milwaukee, and their season is whatever Wemby in the West, Joker West, SGA in the West, Luca because Lebron's on the brink of retirement West. The best thing that could possibly happen to Ant is not getting traded to a different team, is just having.
Speaker 2: The NBA move the Wolves to the East.
Speaker 1: And they would probably always they would always be a favorite to be the number one seed if they were in the East.
Speaker 2: I mean there's Boston, yeah, but still but still though yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Boston with a healthy Brown and Tatum is always going to be a handful.
Speaker 2: And the this is serious NBA talk.
Speaker 1: The President Obama thing goes back to win the I think it was the Olympic team and he was talking to somebody, an Ant walked up and they he Obama made some joke about how this kid thinks he's the truth, and he's like, look me up. I am was that Anthony Edwards is himself around everybody, it doesn't matter who it is, and he was just he's very kind. I still think if you if you wipe the rosters cleaned and had a draft, it's one hundred percent unanimous. Wemby's the first pick. Yeah right, Sga is probably second with age holds the Joker? Now is he pushing thirty? I held Joker?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How old is he?
Speaker 3: Seventy? Joki is seventy seven and is played quickly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, olds the Joker? I'll say, what going on with John saph.
Speaker 1: I?
Speaker 2: Remember you tell me you're the truth? Yeah, there's fandamn true.
Speaker 3: Well I'll see right now, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joker just turned thirty one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you could argue, even though you could argue jokers better, would you rather have Joker at thirty one or Ant at what twenty four?
Speaker 2: I'd rather have Ant? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is he motivated?
Speaker 1: Like we said, if they played the Lakers and the Spurs every night, he'd score forty points. But they when they run into these teams, when they play like tonight, if he was playing and they played the Utah Jazz, they're ball. It's the motivation factor. None of them are they just don't. They don't get up for these games against bad teams, but a Sunday Mattine game against Denver Oklahoma City, they get up for that. And that's why, as Corey said, he's lights out in the playoffs. He's highly motivated in the playoffs. It's most likely the only NBA game on and he brings it every time he carried them to the Western Conference Finals two years in a row.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, let's this is.
Speaker 1: This was off air yesterday, but let's bring it up on airon see if the four of us want to get in on this. We talked basketball, No, yeah, but we talked about this concept.
Speaker 2: Chris.
Speaker 1: I was watching Jeopardy last week and there was a guy on Jeopardy that has a lifelong bet with his friends, and I think is kind of interesting that maybe the power to a warning Joe could adopt. Okay, and let's take out Vikings, Wild, Twins, and Wolves because we would all want to see them win titles.
Speaker 2: Correct, well, not all of them. You wouldn't want to see the Twins win. I didn't say that, you did. What team would you not want to see winning? That group? All of them? Just checking.
Speaker 1: So you know, how when Ken Jennings or Alex Trebek back in the day has the little round where they each they ask the contestants to tell a cute little thirty second story, and it's like, get back to the game, let's go, yeah, come on, And most of the time it's like it's just nerd story after your herds, But once in a while, I'm like, hey, that was interesting. So this guy's story was he had a draft with his buddies and they all had to pick I think it was one team in every sport that was never going to win a title, and then if that team wins, you have to pay all of your friends every time that team wins.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 1: His joke was he picked the Houston Astros when they were absolute ass and now of course they what have they won two titles or two or three to at least, So essentially you're picking teams and then anti sweating them for the rest of your lives. So we could do it where it's until the power trip ends and whatever, fifteen years, twenty years or two years.
Speaker 2: If we say the wrong word, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But the joke would be, so we would each pick one team from every League, and so like, let's say I take the Washington Wizards, who were just historically awful, and it looks like they're never going to win everything anything. But then five years from now they hit this monster number one pick and two years later they're in the NBA Finals and we're sweating that. I have to pay you each if they win the title, so you anti sweat them for the rest of your life. I think that's kind of fun. If you guys are interested, I'm totally in. So I mean we would each draft one NFL team, one NBA team, one Major League Baseball team, and one hockey team and just anti sweat them every year.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I'll do it. I think it's fun. Let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, who in football would you just be?
Speaker 1: Like, man, they just don't I mean Cleveland, Cleveland would be in the mix, Arizona would be in the mix.
Speaker 2: The Jets, Titans, if you Jets Titans.
Speaker 1: I would do Buffalo, just because I feel like they're cursed, like if you got like, if you don't get odds, you have to sweat them. So I would never want the Bills because Josh Allen's good enough to get it. But there's those off the top of there's four or five teams already. That's like, I don't think in the next twenty years they're going to do it, but maybe they do. NBA, you'd have like the Wizards, you'd have like the Hornets, even though they're playing well, uh yeah, maybe the Magic even even with a Paula ben Carro. It's like, are they going to win the title?
Speaker 2: Though? No, exactly.
Speaker 1: The Pelicans, it was the number one overall pick the toughest Pelicans are in the mix, which would be hockey. They're very tough because I think it's Apollo. The Anaheim Ducks were supposed to be terrible again and now they're leading the Pacific Division. So instead of like our parish versus the non parish teams where every year I just would anti sweat those eight, it would be on a yearly basis, you're just anti sweating your own four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm in. That might be fun.
Speaker 1: He's not texted me, but I will speak for Tommy. He's in as well. Can we pick the Gophers? So but now we have to talk how many people do we want in the bet? Because the more you have, by definition, the more likely is that one of them wins every year. Yeah, because even if you take the bottom seven, once in a while somebody from the bottom pops up and does it. Yeah, not super tough. Like this guy said he took the Astros when it looked like they had no chance.
Speaker 2: Obviously they didn't win.
Speaker 1: But that's what kind of happened with the Patriots right where. And they didn't have enough jerseys in the NFC or THEFC champion and Chip because they was a fanatics didn't have enough jerseys ready because they didn't think they're going to win.
Speaker 2: So this is fun. I like this, let's payout year after the year. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like think if you pick the Spurs and then they win the lottery and get Wemby and you're like, man, I might be screwed for the next twenty years.
Speaker 2: I might pay out a ton.
Speaker 1: Every NBA Draft lottery would be theoretically an edge of your seat.
Speaker 2: You'd be like, please, Sauce has the Wizards. You know we need hit.
Speaker 1: You could you could really truly anti sweat other people's success.
Speaker 3: Is there an angle where we can do this specifically for Minnesota teams?
Speaker 2: I mean you could include them, No.
Speaker 3: I mean only Minnesota teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So if it were just the four of us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like we each had to pick one team that will never win a title from the Twins.
Speaker 2: I mean, the first pick is the Twins.
Speaker 1: That's the problem, I think is that it's just the way we would do it. If you do it all four sports, yeah, you could make it pretty fair. If the four of us, whoever gets the Vikings, even though they've never won it, I would say, is such a favorite over the Twins. The Wild is a giant favorite over the Twins. The Wolves right now, massive favorite over the Twins. It just wouldn't be balanced. The Yeah, a little league team is a massive favorite. If you could only have one of the four though, for the rest of the time, I would take.
Speaker 2: The Wild first.
Speaker 1: Maybe no, especially if they had Austin Matthews to win one to win one, oh yeah, yeah, you'd probably take the Wild because in the NFL you have to have a quarterback. In the NBA you have to have a star, and we do. But with the with hockey's randomness, I love the Wild though, but I think that I mean the Wolves back to back Western Conference finals.
Speaker 2: I'm talking forever though not right now. Right now.
Speaker 1: The window is the Wilds for sure. Yeah, even slightly ahead of the Wolves as long as the Wild but as long as you have Aunt, you have a shot for sure.
Speaker 2: Right now, the Twins, I know, going to you go through.
Speaker 1: Dallas and Colorado, which they absolutely can.
Speaker 2: I agree. It's a weird way to trail.
Speaker 1: That's a hell of a start to a playoff run where the Wolves have the traditional route easier than they got to get through Wemby and an SGA and Denver. I would say right now, likelihood of a title in the Twin Cities for the foreseeable future. It goes wild one Wolves, two Vikings, three Twins a distant fourth.
Speaker 2: I think the Saints might win a world series for the Twins.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, are they eligible?
Speaker 1: Anybody disagree with that order though? No Wild, Wolves, Vikes Twins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's correct.
Speaker 3: Somebody wins something for God's.
Speaker 1: Win something man, for God's sakes. There's two more sports than we get back. We actually have Vikings news we do because we technically have one and a half new Vikings.
Speaker 3: We got a guy from Denmark maybe oh wait, his last name is Denmark.
Speaker 2: Oh brilliant, and we lost to Viking. Not to death, just a free agency.
Speaker 1: What really matters is a King's news is in about three minutes after this. On the fan, you frame Party of three. Hey, hey, it's a Wild Wednesday.
Speaker 2: By the way, we have tickets to.
Speaker 1: Wild Versus Talks on April second. You can use the iHeartRadio app to send a talkback to als who scores first for the Wild when they take on Chicago tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: All the details of kafae dot com cure contest. Hey Hawk, Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Howard upset UMBC last night in the beginning of March.
Speaker 3: Back completely blew my bracket.
Speaker 2: Man, Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Well, now the Core versus four is Core versus three because you lost UMBC.
Speaker 2: I don't know why you picked them.
Speaker 3: That was I had a tip from the drink cart lady.
Speaker 2: Yeah you would you know that happens? Yeah, you're out. One team in the hasn't even started yet.
Speaker 3: I know, well it started from me, Bud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, I kept texting you during that last Yet you don't want any one Core versus four?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. You don't want to scratch that itch? I go enough, it's just a scratch that it is? What are you dealing with? Poison? Okay?
Speaker 1: It's I would rather not find out. Then, I thought you said, would brawsers find out? Or is that just my mind turning everything into brassers got a.
Speaker 2: Lot of what he's got lepers browsers.
Speaker 1: Power trip bets suggested we call that be We just talked about power Trip Purgatory.
Speaker 2: Wow, not a bad name.
Speaker 1: It would kind of be perfect to have four of us because there's four major sports. We could spin a wheel in like draft one through four in each like we'd all get one overall pick first overall pick in each sport.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, we'd get second and one, third and one and fourth and one, so that would even be balanced.
Speaker 2: Good idea.
Speaker 1: Just the sport would be randomized in which order we would get. We can discuss later. I said, we just do it. How much per title? How much do you pay out per title? Again, assuming that this might take years to pay out, it might take a long time to pay out twenty.
Speaker 2: Three, It might take twenty three. That's not enough.
Speaker 1: Twenty What about a five bucks a person?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think that's enough.
Speaker 1: Because let's say we wait seven years and then the Wizards win the NBA title, and then I owe each of you one hundred. I paid Gorg two hundred on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Did he make it one hundred? Yeah, a good point. Anyway, let's talk about it later. Let's do sports.
Speaker 1: It's time for Yeah, presented by Series. All Right, we have a new punter. His name is Johnny Hecker. If you remember, Ryan Wright went to the New Orleans Saints, he went to college.
Speaker 2: I think it's two lane, so he's kind of going home, even though it's not where he grew up. But anyway, good for him.
Speaker 1: So Ryan writes a New Orleans Saint and Johnny Hecker signed it.
Speaker 5: Now, Johnny Hecker in the game the pot. Now gotta be careful with Johnny Pecker. But john all right, three two, you gotta be all right, three two. You gotta be careful with Johnny Hecker because he likes to pass.
Speaker 1: So Johnny Pecker was with the Rams when Koc was there, and also Vikings special teams coordinator Matt Daniels was also in LA and so they both obviously were like this, this guy still got it. We both know Johnny Hecker, we both trust Johnny Hecker. So I'm assuming they both signed offense. And that's a good answer.
Speaker 2: And he can pass as PA.
Speaker 1: So Gootny Becker, who would you rather see pass this year? Kyler Murray, JJ McCarthy or Johnny Hecker. You mean it's like pass the football, not pass away. Yes, rank them one, two and three to throw the football on a consistent basis, not just one time. Kyler Murray, that's one, Johnny Pecker, that's two. McCarthy, Zach another way around McCarthy one, yeah, Hecker two, Murray three. I mean probably we'll put Maria up two. So we have a new punter, and again we also then have a new holder. So Depaula is back.
Speaker 2: He re signed. He's an all Pro, he's all Pro, all all pros.
Speaker 1: Then Johnny Hecker and world record. We also signed some dude I've never heard of to an offer sheet. Yeah, some giant dude from the Bills that can apparently play left and right tackle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, played all seventeen games for him last year.
Speaker 6: Core.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he switches back and forth between left and right tackle. But they put a one of those agreements on him where they can match any offer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, it is transition tag. No, it's just an offer sheet, so it's us a restricted free.
Speaker 1: So but the the post that I read was something like, if if the Vikings get him, we don't have to give up draft compensation. You know a lot of those a lot of those offer sheets are like, if you match this, then you have to give us a third round. No, I guess there's no draft compensation, so I don't understand. I guess they just have right of first refusal.
Speaker 3: That is exactly right, Yep, I just read the article just now. That's exactly A twenty seven year old dude played two eighteen on the right side of tackle ninety four of snaps, I should say on the left side, so he's played both sides and you could always use that kind of depth. He's a big dude, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's sweet.
Speaker 3: You guys think we'll go with Blake Brandell at center, Nick, he'll end up being our starting center this year.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, you still got a little bit of free agency, and you still have the draft, and obviously post June one cuts and things like that. But if the season started today, I think I think that's the answer.
Speaker 2: We'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: Center out of Auburn named Connor Low He's a guy that they might take in the second or third round, so he might be their starter, but as of now, as you just said, if they were going to play a game tomorrow, he would be Brandell would be their center. We mentioned it earlier, but the Vikings lost a player in free agency because ty Chandler went to the Saints twenty seven years old fifth rounder in twenty twenty two. He was the last remaining draft pick from the twenty twenty two class. Now, every single one of them is no longer with the Vikings.
Speaker 2: About half of them are out of the league.
Speaker 1: But he was the last one because Jalen Naylor went to Vegas about a week or so ago. And how ty Chandler goes to these Saints. No forty career games with the Vikes, one hundred and eighty one carries, three rushing touchdowns. All of them came in the year twenty twenty three. Last year he played in just three games seventeen carries forty seven yards.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, you know, before they traded for Jordan Mason, and when ty Chandler was hurt, like it looked like it was going to be for a second maybe Aaron Jones and ty Chandler is the backup.
Speaker 2: But yeah, seemed like.
Speaker 1: Jordan Mason was a pretty obvious upgrade. Yeah, which, as we've talked about, I don't think the two that they have with Aaron Jones and Mason would keep them from taking a running back in the top one hundred of the draft picks that they have, I think they have three picks in the top one hundred eighteen. No, they have four eighteen forty eight. Their third round pick in the ninety seven only if she's five to three. Was it eighteen one? I think it's eighteen forty eight, keep talking, I don't know the third one and then ninety seven. So eighteen forty eighty and ninety seven. Yeah, Chris, wasn't that the gall in Denver?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I luckily had a measuring tape with me.
Speaker 1: Oh, the police jotted it down just for her.
Speaker 2: Is there her records?
Speaker 3: I'd like staying, get the hell out of here.
Speaker 2: What are you doing? He was so disappointed.
Speaker 3: He was, Hey, can I change the subject immensely, but stay in sports for a moment.
Speaker 2: Sure was basically for Vikings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys, how often do you guys like read articles in the paper. You're like, either I'm very confused and having a stroke or they wrote this completely incorrectly.
Speaker 2: Oh once in a while, Yeah, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just read a headline and read the story and I was like that what. Minnesota snowboarder Mike Schultz wins bronze medal in his latest Paralympic race. Para Olympic race. I know Mike Schultz. Mike Schultz is one of our snow cross racers. He's a genius. He's great, he's fantastic, he was one of our best. He lost his leg in a terrible accident. He said, you know what, I'm not done. He started building his own prosthetic legs and they've worked so well that.
Speaker 2: Bad people used them all over the world.
Speaker 3: Right, he makes his own business right out of Saint claud Brilliant dude, great guy.
Speaker 2: Good for him.
Speaker 3: He just won a bronze medal in snowboarding in the Paralympics. And when I read it, I was like, that must be a misprint. They must have had some sort of snowmobile thing, and they know he learned anow to snowboard and just won the bronze medal in the Paralympics.
Speaker 2: Good for him. How about that? Yeah, I didn't even know you were doing that.
Speaker 3: Mike congratulations, that's huge.
Speaker 2: Talk about somebody who took it.
Speaker 3: I mean, he broke his legs so badly they had to amputate the son of a bit.
Speaker 1: So like the Teddy Bridgewater's scared. Yeah, you break it so bad. Well even almost just said she was on the brink of getting it amputated after Italy.
Speaker 5: Jeez.
Speaker 3: He won his fourth Paralympic medal on Friday, March thirteenth. Good for him, and now he's going to retire. How about that forty four year old dude out of Saint Cloud committing FOURIG snowboarding. That's a good point.
Speaker 1: It'd be badass if they weren't. If he did it in multiple sports, it'd be even crazier.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And if I mean if that was his fourth one in snowboarding and I didn't know he did snowboarding, I'm even more embarrassed. But I mean TSA said ninety five percent of the top Paralympic lower limbs snowboard athlete to Biodept Products, which is his company only crap man, how about that?
Speaker 2: Good for him?
Speaker 3: So anyway, there you go. I'm one of us out of Saint Cloud. Great dude, man, and congratulations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go sauce.
Speaker 1: That guy's got one leg and he's a better athlete than you. Yeah, correct, he has one and he's a better athlete than you. That is very true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, right, Why don't you try it snowboarding? Sure? I did a couple of times. Try it again. It's hard.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised you weren't good at you got those big old calves on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was snowboard I was good at for a while. I was good at skiing. I love skiing, you do, yeah, but I I have these huge legs, so the snowboard boots. Yeah, sometimes done fish top heavy. I'm very top heavy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like you start snowboarding down a mountain and gravity takes hold of that head of your yeah, and it's over over for everybody below you.
Speaker 1: It's a good point, though, What a waste of a couple of awesome calves. Like you should pull a rickshaw?
Speaker 2: What? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You really should. You might want to get out of here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you get, if you want me to, If you get fired today, and I don't think that you're going to it's not it's not zero percent. We know it's not zero I hope if you get if you with cause because you still have an hour to say an unbelievable word that gets you fired, or just keep performing like this Jesus needs improvement. But in the next hour, if you get fired, go home first, and you should google twin cities rickshaw in this weather exactly, in this climate, all climates.
Speaker 2: Who would I, I mean, what are you? Would you live for? Some people? Would you let me take you from where you lived here?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't let you take me from here to the bottom floor of.
Speaker 1: This building, like for example, look sauce, you know at nine o'clock when we're done. Costco sometimes is an absolute madhouse. Yeah, right in that parking lot. Every Costco parking lot is is a it's a torny.
Speaker 2: It's the last Friday. It was a disaster and a half.
Speaker 1: So if if you get fired today and tomorrow I need to make a Costco run. You pick me up in a rickshaw by Contminal Diamond and bike me over essentially straight to the front door of Costco and then rick shaw me back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd slipped you at ten.
Speaker 3: With that, dude.
Speaker 2: That's like, yeah, I give you ten for your time and effort.
Speaker 3: If you're going to do this as a career, and I suggest you do change your name legally to Rickshaw and then and then be Rickshaw's Rickshaws.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm surprised that character correct Rickshaw and he has wheels and he pulls people.
Speaker 2: Call me Colonel Shaw. Rick, Come on, I can't do that, Rick. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the author Sports News, the w n b A and the players Union have reached an agreement on a transformational new CBA. That just happened last night apparently, well technically early Wednesday morning.
Speaker 2: So now are we on pace to not lose games? Is that the case?
Speaker 3: I think a couple. I mean, you can't win every one of them. I guess you could could pretty good. Yeah, still need to be finalized over the next few weeks as lawyers on both sides work on the new CBA, and they want to take as long as possible because you know, hourly, a term sheet should be done in the next day or two.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 3: I guess they've reached an agreement. That everybody didn't like.
Speaker 1: The commissioner, that everybody hated. I don't know, that's a good question. A good question wasn't the hot rumor that she was going to be out? I think after the CBA. Did she get fired weeks ago and we already forgot that I knew. I don't think so. I think I think we watched that we might have Kathy Engelbert. Yeah, hu, all your hands up the w NBA commissioner.
Speaker 3: That's offensive.
Speaker 1: Would you would you drive her around in a rickshaw? If she ever visited the Twin Cities?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Come on?
Speaker 2: Rick answered the question, yeah, probably.
Speaker 3: Do you know they expanded the league by two teams?
Speaker 2: What are the two team names?
Speaker 3: Toronto and Portland?
Speaker 2: What are their team names?
Speaker 3: I am going to get fired if I tell you what came to mind.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it. I don't want you fired, Thank you.
Speaker 3: I ain't got those calves you've got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're pretty nice.
Speaker 3: Listen to this. Teams will need to negotiate with with the more than eighty percent of players who are free agents this offseason. Eighty percent of their players are free agents.
Speaker 2: It's like Martin's said a week or so ago.
Speaker 1: They a lot of them were smart enough to say, I'm not signing a new deal until I know what the new CBA looks like. Yeah, right, because they didn't want to sign a long, longer contract and then waste a bunch of money for a couple of years.
Speaker 2: They did this the smart thing. Yeah, stay free agents. Yeah that's right, get the maximum amount of money. Why not?
Speaker 1: And if you need to ride to the stadium, just don't use ober By the way, she's still the ball, she's still the commissioner. Yeah, because she makes a statement. I bet my tongue she makes a statement in this article. Oh I thought they threw her out. No, I thought they did too.
Speaker 2: Like, but this doesn't help things on that front of it.
Speaker 1: She successfully negotiated the CBA without losing any games, right yeah.
Speaker 3: Oops, Well she's not going to need your rickshaw service to the airport, mind stand down?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Toronto Tempo and the Portland Fire.
Speaker 1: See the Toronto Temple would be the name of your rickshaw company in Toronto. Because you're gonna bust ass like Fred Flenstone. You're gonna move, but those cats you got to move.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you a question, when have I ever busted my ass? Porch?
Speaker 3: That's exactly right.
Speaker 2: Well, we have audio, Yeah, we sure do.
Speaker 3: Hurt. Do you want to hear the audio of it again?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Just come through.
Speaker 2: That was Jeff Lambord. Kelly Lambert. Yeah, that was Tyler, No guy going what the hell just happened?
Speaker 1: That second voice honestly sounds like the creepy dude from Family Guy.
Speaker 4: Did an quake just come through our whole house? Shook?
Speaker 2: And that something like, yeah, jeez, there you go, man.
Speaker 1: Man on the stream interviews you can do on a Rick show.
Speaker 2: Yeah I could, Oh, jackpot there is all right?
Speaker 1: Why do I keep saying Front Page Sports? It's Fan five, you know, it's like sports stories and stuff. We'll do that when we get back. Then headlines between now at nine o'clock, then nine and noon takes over. This is the power Trip Morning Show on the Fan