Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth fifth.
Speaker 1: This is world Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Here we go again.
Speaker 4: We get ready running back to.
Speaker 1: Get in on the show called eight six six eight seven two five seven, and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get short podcasts. And now your host, here's Tim Kakes.
Speaker 3: Oh good night to be a Dodger fan.
Speaker 5: As they come back and beat the Phillies in Philadelphia by a final of nine to five. The Dodgers scored nine runs on eleven hits, a couple of home runs, a triple, couple of doubles, and on a night with showy Otani hit the ball hard but nothing to show for it, oh for four with a walk. It was an intentional walk that O'tani received.
Speaker 3: But the Dodgers get a three hit night.
Speaker 5: From Freddie Freeman, a three hit night from Tommy Edmon and daal And rushing in the nine spot homers and had a two run double as the Dodgers come back and win it nine to five to take two to three at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia. John haman are good friend at the MLB Network put it out there earlier tonight, and I think Hayman does a really good job covering baseball as a whole. Of course, he was here in southern California for a long time covering baseball and does it nationally now for the New York Post, California Post and MLB Network.
Speaker 3: He tweeted out an hour.
Speaker 5: Ago or so, going at John Hayman on X there's an obvious gap between the Dodgers and Brewers and everyone else. Twenty eight teams have significant work to do. That's from John Hayman of the MLB Network, and I think he put it perfectly. The cream rises to the top, and right now you are seeing hands and shoulders above everybody else. The Milwaukee Brewers and the Los Angeles Dodgers are the two best teams in Major League Baseball, hands down, and I fully expect these two teams, if it lines up the way it should be, to be playing in the NLCS for the right to go to the World Series. Because the way these two teams are built. We'll see what they do with the trade line deadline in Milwaukee certainly have been a lot of talk about what the Dodgers may or may not do at the August third trade deadline. We can get into that as well, and I'm sure we'll be talking about it in the next couple of weeks leading up to the trade deadline on that Monday, August third. But these two teams are only to get better, and I know as a Dodger fan, this team is tremendously going to get better with the additions of Edwin Diaz, Key k Hernandez coming back from injuries, Tyler Glass now at some point, Blake Snell at some point, and hopefully on the horizon down the road before this season is over, Will Smith can get healthy and get right and come back and help this team.
Speaker 3: So again, you talk about.
Speaker 5: A team that's got injuries that when they come back, is probably better than any trade that you can make in.
Speaker 3: Baseball outside of terrek'schooble.
Speaker 5: I will go toe to toe argue with anybody who wants to argue that right now, outside of Trek's scooble, there's not a player in baseball that is better than a Blake Snell, a Tyler Glass, now, Will Smith and Edwin Diaz at their positions and even off the bench at Key Hernandez. If you're looking for a bat off the bench and a guy who can play multiple positions than those guys I just mentioned, you can go out the trade deadline right now and try to find guys to fill those needs. But they're not going to be there outside of terror Schooble, because you're gonna get these guys back at different points here in the next two months from their injuries, and looks like Edwin Diaz Keiky Hernandez could be the first two up on the next homestand when the Dodgers come back next Tuesday. And then down the road, Blake Snell, who's made one appearance in Triple A's gonna make a second one coming up even behind him, Tyler Glass now who's trending in the right direction, and let's hope cross that Will Smith can get right and get back and help out this Dodgers team eight six six nine eight seven two five to seventy. In his absence, Dalton Rushing has played good and tonight, Dalton Rushing provided the Pop with a home run, his eleventh of the season, and then a two run double to give the Dodgers the lead in the fifth as he goes two for four, three ribies, a home run in the ninth spot.
Speaker 3: Just unbelievable.
Speaker 5: What he did tonight along with Tommy Edmonton, the eight to nine hitters a combined five for nine with a double, a triple, a home run, and drove in six of the Dodgers' nine runs tonight and they're winning over the Phillies. Max Munsey with a milestone night. He hit a home run tonight, two run shot in the sixth inning, number two hundred and twenty nine as a Dodger, passing Ron Say and now only trailing Eric Carrows as the all time LA Dodgers home run leader. That is pretty amazing. And you look at the franchise list for the LA Dodgers and where he now falls. He is now fifth all time, Duke Snyder, Gil Hodges, Eric Carrolls, Roy Campanella top four.
Speaker 3: Max Munsey now number.
Speaker 5: Five on the all time Dodgers home run lists, and he is trailing Roy Campanella, who's at two hundred and forty two in his Hall of Fame career.
Speaker 3: Wasn't a math major. I'm gonna do it real quick that carried the one that's a three, that's.
Speaker 5: Thirteen home runs away from Tyne Roy Campanell. He can get there, You kidding me? Absolutely, Max Munsey can get there.
Speaker 3: It's gonna take.
Speaker 5: A little streak and a little hot hitting, but he can get there this year with thirteen home run shive of Tyan Roy Campanella.
Speaker 3: But at Milestone Night you heard from him on.
Speaker 5: The Club Out Show with David Vasse on the field and Colin, you and I were talking about it during the break.
Speaker 3: Is he the greatest Dodger third basement of all time? Max Munsey?
Speaker 5: I mean, he's now second all time home run hitter in La Dodger history, passing Ron Say number five all time in Dodger franchise history. Is he the greatest Dodger third baseman of all time? And we were thinking about it during the break, And if you want to weigh in eight six, six, nine, eight, seven, two, five seventy, you can make a case it's not gonna last, but you can make a case for Max Munsey. I think when it's all said and done, when he decides to hang him up, he could be the greatest Dodger third basement of all time. But Ron Say, what he did for as long as he did in a Dodger uniform is pretty remarkable. And I know Max Mounsey just passed him on the home run list for all time Dodger LA Dodger home runs, but still pretty remarkable. The career that Ron Say had as a member of the Dodgers two sixty four average, three to fifty nine on base percentage, six time All Star. I mean, the guy was unreal and you could I mean right there along with Mike Schmidt, George Brett for his era of great third basemen should be in the Hall of Fame. By the way, then where just Justin Turner fit in at the conversation, Let's not forget old Red turn two for what he did in a Dodger uniform, multiple time All Star, helped bring a World Series championship back, help get the Dodgers over the hump of getting back to a World Series in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 3: You think about his story and with the Dodgers were able to unlock with.
Speaker 5: Him and becoming a real revelation in twenty fourteen, the way he did taking back over the third base spot with the Dodgers, I mean that home run in against the Cubs in the NLCS.
Speaker 3: I mean, you.
Speaker 5: Talk about one of the club Dodger third basement of all time. Justin Turner's right there as well. Adrian Beltray. Certainly we remember him for what he did in Seattle, what he did in Boston. He went on to have a Hall of Fame career, no.
Speaker 3: Doubt about it. But what he did with the Dodgers is pretty amazing.
Speaker 5: In fact, you know, he in twenty two thousand and four drove in over one hundred and twenty runs, forty eight home runs, hit three thirty four, finished second the.
Speaker 3: MVP voting that year.
Speaker 5: I mean that was a contract year for him, by the way, And you can make a case that Beltray only had good years in contract years.
Speaker 3: That's what some say.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: Pedro Guerrero at third base as a four time All Star three h nine average, a guy who could hit for power, hit three twenty and nineteen eighty five before blowing out his knee in spring training in nineteen eighty six, came back in eighty seven, hit over three hundred. You know, had the power, hitting thirty plus home runs three times.
Speaker 3: I mean, the.
Speaker 5: List of Dodger great third basemens it's it's not lengthy, but it is certainly pretty impressive when you think about it, with Beltray, Turner, Munsey, Pedro Guerrero, Ron say, pretty impressive, guys. And that's in the last fifty plus years of Dodger baseball eight six, six.
Speaker 3: Nine, eight seven, two, five seventy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've had some good ones play at Dodgers Stadium. We's had some really good ones. And again, Max Munsey, when it's all said and done, could go down as the greatest Dodger third basement of all time. But as Colin he brought up during the break, when you look at what he did before he took over a third base, he was the second baseman for the Dodgers. He played first base until the Dodgers went out and got Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 3: Max Munsey was the everyday.
Speaker 5: First baseman for the Dodgers until Freddie Freeman got here, and then he went over to third base and since then twenty twenty two, eighty star or eighty four games at third base, twenty twenty three, one hundred and twenty four games at third base, twenty twenty four, seventy two games at third base. He was banged up twenty twenty five, ninety seven games at third base, and already this year ninety four games at third base.
Speaker 3: He has developed.
Speaker 5: In to a really good third baseman offensively and defensively. Great play tonight going to the third base foul line and then making a one handed or a one headed stop turn throws and one hops at to Freddie Freeman for a.
Speaker 3: Putout at first base.
Speaker 5: He has developed into a really good third baseman after playing first base and second base for the most part of his early part of his career.
Speaker 3: Then you get to Ron say, you get to Justin Turner.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's a pretty impressive little list there at the top five great Dodger third baseman, and you gotta put Max Monts in that list. But I don't think he is the greatest of all time. Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy Dodgers Baseball brought to by Midello Medello the mark of a final. We'll take a quick time out, we'll come back, we'll hear from Eric Lower, and we'll get to your phone calls.
Speaker 3: How about Eric Lower?
Speaker 5: What he has been in a Dodger uniform now four to oh as a Dodger starter, He was one in five and the Toronto Blue Jays gave.
Speaker 3: Up on him, traded him away.
Speaker 5: Dodgers took him, tinkered with him, and look at him now four and oh is. A Dodger left hander, gets the win tonight, pitching into the sixth inning, gets some run support thanks to Dalton rushing, Max Monty, Tommy Edmon, and the Dodgers beat the Phillies nine to five, eight six, six, nine eighty seven two five seventy. More of your phone calls coming up, and we'll hear from Eric Lawer when we return. Dodgers now sixty five and thirty eight, best record in baseball, best road record in baseball as well, after taking two or three in Philly, beating the Phillis tonight nine to five, right here on N five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: AM five seventy LA Sports. Be anywhere at any time, and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talks. Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: We're streaming online. We stream every game too.
Speaker 1: Come find me back to Dodger Talk on AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 3: Max Muncie.
Speaker 4: First pitch, Monsey flies the ball left center field.
Speaker 1: This one's back and it is out of here.
Speaker 4: Max Monsey with his third go ahead homer of the road trip, and this one number two twenty nine as a Dodger that pushes them past the Penguin.
Speaker 5: Congratulations to Max Monty with the two run home run is twentieth of this season. As Nelly mentioned, number two twenty nine, as in La Dodger passing Ron saying now number two on the LA Dodgers home run list only trillion Eric Carrows and number five overall on the Dodgers franchise home run list. Daniels Juelis presents the home run Forecast for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniel Jelier's gift cards. Just visit Anti seventy LA sports dot com with keyword home run into your name and could win.
Speaker 3: Daniels Jewelers own the.
Speaker 5: Dream, Mark and Seami Valley is on Dodger Talk here after the Dodgers beat the Phillies nine to five.
Speaker 1: How you doing, Mark good?
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm doing fantastic?
Speaker 5: Max Muncie the greatest Dodger third basement of all time?
Speaker 3: Where does he fall? Into the place.
Speaker 7: Do you think, Mark, God, he's got to be at least at least tied.
Speaker 3: For number one, okay with Ron, Say.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm thinking that. I'm thinking that. And on a personal note, what a great fantasy day for me having Freddie, Tommy and Max on my team, but also Max hitting that home run. You want to do some math for me? How many how many behind Harros is he now?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: Carrols is sitting at two hundred and seventy home runs, two hundred and seventy home runs, and he's sitting now at two hundred and twenty nine home runs. I wasn't a math major at UCLA, Marks, that's forty one.
Speaker 7: Okay, So two seasons maybe next season If.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that, I don't think maybe two and a half.
Speaker 5: Maybe we're looking at twenty twenty. Let's hope there's a season next year. Let's say twenty twenty eight is when he gets there.
Speaker 3: I mean, who knows.
Speaker 5: If they go on to run of the postseason and he hits four or five, maybe six in the postseason this October, he could get there at the end of twenty twenty seven, Mark, I appreciate the phone call. Thanks, for checking in. Yeah, I don't know, man, I don't want to forget about Justin Turner as one of the great Dodger third bases. I love old Red turn two. I don't want to get into recency bias. And you know, I know Beltray was great. I was at a lot of those Dodger games during Beltray's era. I also remember the down years Adrian Beltray had and then all of a sudden twenty and forty had breakout season and became a free agent and left with the Seattle I remember that it wasn't all glorious times every single year. Justin Turner was mister consistent ever since he got here in twenty fourteen. It was a Dodger put him over the hump in twenty seventeen, getting him back to the World Series, A leader honor off the field, And I know the numbers are what the numbers are, and we look at that and that's a big part of the rankings.
Speaker 3: But I like Justin Turner what.
Speaker 5: He does off the field, so that's gonna boost him up in my books. But you know what he did to get the Dodgers championships, to be a consistent bat, to be a guy you can rely on for a big hit when you need it.
Speaker 3: Not just home runs.
Speaker 5: He played a really good third base as well, just a team leader, clubhouse leader. I'm not gonna leave. I'm not gonna leave my guy Red Turn two out of the equation.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: I think there's an argument, certainly that Max Munsey could be two or three on the list. I'm gonna go ahead and put him in Red Turn too. Justin Turner kind of neck and neck. That's number one is on say in my mind number two and three. I'm gonna say two A, two B. I'm gonna say Justin Turner and Max Munsey. Munsey could surpass him when it's all said and done, no doubt about it.
Speaker 3: I think Adrian Beltra right there.
Speaker 5: But again, Adrian Beltray's overall body of work, you gotta include Seattle, you gotta include Boston, you gotta include what he did in Texas as well. That's what makes him the Hall of Famer. He started it in LA with the Dodgers, and we certainly love him for that.
Speaker 3: But did he go into the Hall of Fame as a Dodger? Did he?
Speaker 7: Did?
Speaker 1: He?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: For that reason, he's not top three eight six, six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy. My guy Blake checking in here on Dodger talking from Colorado. Blake, good evening to you, sir. What do you think, Blake? Is Max Munsey the greatest Dodger third baseman ever?
Speaker 8: I so, because we haven't had this for a long time. I mean you can argue with so high.
Speaker 5: Time well, Dodger third basement. What do you think as far as third base? You know we got Justin Turner who was right before Max Muncie. You know there was a year's that was just third basement after third baseman. The you know, Miguel Rojas was playing third base for the Dodgers at one point. Uh, you go back to when Tim and Wallach was wearing a Dodger uniform. I mean there was a run of a lot of Dodger third basements until Justin Turner put put his name there for for a good run in a Dodger uniform.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Blake?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Tommy take says.
Speaker 7: Is on a wall.
Speaker 8: Moncie and Tommy are doing amazing. Do you see Dodgers doing anything with Kyle Tucky? He seems to be really struggling.
Speaker 5: Well, Kyle Tucker is uh, if you're gonna, if you're gonna set the bar what he's being paid. Certainly he has not reached that level and what he should be doing offensively zero for three night did an RBI sack fly tonight to drive in a run, a big insurance run for the Dodgers in the eighth inning before your guy Tommy Imon had the basis clearing triple. But I still got confidence that Kyle Tucker will turn things around.
Speaker 3: I know the numbers aren't great.
Speaker 5: Certainly, the production is not what a sixty million dollars a year player should be doing. But I got confidence in him, Blake, I got confidence in the guy. Wait, what do you think about the Dodgers going back to New York for a three game set against the Mets?
Speaker 3: What a roach? Ip, it's been so farther Ford too.
Speaker 8: Yeah, hopefully sweep the Mets because they're not doing so well New York.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, the New York Mets are struggling. All right, Blake, we'll talk to you in a couple of days. I'm back on Sunday. Okay, okay, alright, sounds good, my guy, Blake and Colorado. The Mets are forty three and sixty on this season, currently seventeen games back in the NL East. They have lost four of their They've lost six of their last ten, and you think, okay, that's all right. They're in the wildcard race, right I mean, the New York Mets gotta be right there. As far as not winning the division because Atlanta's running away with it, no they're not. They're not even sniffing the wildcard race right now. They're ten and a half games back. The New York Mets are struggling now.
Speaker 3: They had a.
Speaker 5: Tough go before the All Star Break and after the All Star Break as far as who was on their schedule. They had to play four games against the Braves, they ran into the hottest team in baseball, the Boston Red Sox. They had the Phills for three and now they just finished off a three game series in Milwaukee against the Brewers. So they get some of baseball's better teams before the All Star Break and now after the All Star break, and now they're going to run into the Dodgers for a three game series over the weekend.
Speaker 3: So I'm not feeling.
Speaker 5: Sorry for the New York Mets, just looking at their schedule. They didn't have a very easy run leading into the All Star break, and it certainly has been a struggle bus since since the All Star break for the New York Mets, who are again seventeen games back last place in the NL East and ten and a half games back in the NL wild card race. Well, you talk about a guy who hasn't struggled since we're putting on a Dodger uniform, and that's Eric Lauer.
Speaker 3: Guy was one in.
Speaker 5: Five given up on by the Toronto Blue Jays after he was one of their better starters last year. Helped him get to the World Series and face the Dodgers. The Dodgers acquire him, tinker with him, get him back to where he was doing things right and feeling good at mechanically, and he is four and zero now as a Dodger. Got some run support tonight after giving up a two run home run to Alec Bowman, the first pitched into the sixth inning, gets the win, and afterwards caught up with the media in Philadelphia.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was definitely a little slow to start forming, but I mean my main goal was just to you know, be in the zone, really command the zone as well as I can. Being off for so long. But yeah, I felt like I was able to lock it in after that and you know, put together a few good innings and you know, keep the team minute to win.
Speaker 6: Damn.
Speaker 9: Roberts told us that you have very much killed him that when you were on the mound the team wins.
Speaker 3: That conversation like and how did you tell him that?
Speaker 7: Shoot?
Speaker 3: When was that?
Speaker 9: That was?
Speaker 3: That was? That was when?
Speaker 9: That was when we were discussing the opener that we used the one time, and I just I just mentioned to him. I was like, listen, we're four and oh when I start the game. So but no, I think it was more of a joke than anything. I think it was. It was more so just you know, like, let's keep this thing rolling. Like things are going well. You know, we're scoring runs, throwing the ball well, so making great defensive plays, and you know we're just playing good baseball. So uh, you know, just keep that going.
Speaker 2: Are there any cues that you used tonight that you've learned since being here to stay stay regroup kind of? And what are the cues that you've been helped with since getting here.
Speaker 9: I don't know if it's anything new. Necessarily, I've been working with a mental skills coach for a few years now, and you know, my main focus every pitch is just to execute the pitch. You know, control what I can control, you know, let the defense work behind me, and just make sure I'm putting everything into each pitch. And so it's it's nice to not you know, dwell on you know, a homer or something something that doesn't go my way, because ultimately, I can't control anything outside of how the ball leaves my hand. And you know, as long as I do that to the best of my ability, every time should theoretically, by baseball numbers, should work out for me. But it doesn't always. So you got to you gotta have a short memory on those and move forward and try to execute the next one.
Speaker 5: All right, there's Eric Lauer. This is a veteran. You can hear it in his voice, and you can hear the confidence he is pitching with right now and certainly and having the defense behind him and the offense that the Dodgers bring every single night. In tonight again, six hits mean, excuse me, five hits, six runs driven in by the eight to nine hitters of this Dodgers team, a night in which Mookie Betts goes oh for three with the strikeout, Kyle Tucker goes over three with the strikeout, and show Hel Tani goes over fourth an intentional walk. The Dodgers still get nine runs on eleven hits and it comes from behind win to beat the Phillies nine to five.
Speaker 3: Pretty darn impressive.
Speaker 5: Gil in Laguna Beach, man, I think the Sunsets really are brutal right now, down Laguna Beach.
Speaker 6: How you doing, Gil, Hey, hey, damn, how are you, buddy? Yeah, a couple of couple of thing. No disrespect to any other third baseman, but uh, you know, for some reason, we don't get our third baseman. Monthcy. He's not getting much asteck for hitting a homer before before at Rohause homer. How can we forget he's he's mister clutch in playoffs and regular seasons so far he's mister clutch. And uh, I think he's the best ever Dodger third basement based on his clutch hitting and what he did in the World Series. And he says, fine, he's one of the three people who got us, Vince smith Us and Muncy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, he hit that home run. They're making a four to three game, no doubt about it.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, before his him hitting home run, there was no ro House or Smith's.
Speaker 5: Right, that is correct. Well, what about all the great moments from Justin Turner? Justin Turner provided so many great memories and moments in a Dodger uniform. For what he got here, to the World Series championships, to the World Series in the bubble where they wouldn't let him celebrate with the team.
Speaker 3: Justin Turner, let's not forget about a rechard.
Speaker 6: That was so sad, That was so sad. But he didn't play with us that long. How many years people do with the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: I mean he was with the Dodgers since twenty fourteen, and Justin Turner was here until you know, twenty and twenty two is his last year.
Speaker 3: So he had a good rule. Twenty fourteen he.
Speaker 6: Was great too. Yeah, he was great too. Hey, second, and don't mean to make you laugh or anything. We still have a Canforda in.
Speaker 3: Center field, Michael Conforto.
Speaker 6: He's still in a center field. But the only difference is a salary.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 5: Oh, Kyle Tucker, I got it right, Yeah, I gotcha.
Speaker 3: They for the phone call. I got you.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, Confordo is not Kyle Tucker. Yeah, Michael Conforto signed that one year deal and wasn't not great last year for the Dodgers. But Kyle Tucker signed an even bigger deal for the Dodgers and has not lived up certainly to what the contract says he should be doing based on his pay. But certainly we got confidence in Kyle Tucker that he can turn things around, you know.
Speaker 3: And the numbers aren't gonna.
Speaker 5: I mean, you're not gonna look at Kyle Tucker's numbers at the end of the year and go, yep, he earned it.
Speaker 3: Sixty million dollars, that's right. Yeah, I feel like it was.
Speaker 5: Money well spent and every penny he earned with the fifty home runs and three hundred average and four forty on base, No, not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: But the best you can happen.
Speaker 5: Hope for him right now is to continue to play good defense and right field and figure it out offensively wherever they put him in the lineup. And how about tonight mix it up the lineup again with Tommy Edmond hitting eighth, Kyle Tucker hitting six, Tasker Hernandez hitting seventh.
Speaker 3: I mean they.
Speaker 5: Continue to shift the lineup around to find some sweet spots and to get guys back on track offensively. And Tommy Edmond, I don't care where you put him. And if Steven Nelson had the nugget, he has hit every spot in the lineup.
Speaker 3: Has set clean up this season.
Speaker 5: I mean, what else do you need the guy to do to tick out the trash, you know, do the laundry after the game. He's doing everything right now for this Dodger team.
Speaker 3: Since coming back.
Speaker 5: He goes three for four bases, clearing triple hitting three sixty on this season since coming back and now played in what twenty nine games? It's getting just over now ninety at bats. I mean, stay hot, Tommy Edmund. Is he Anaheim? Let's make you their final call the night here on Dodge Talk?
Speaker 3: Is he? Hi, Tim?
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm doing great?
Speaker 9: Is he?
Speaker 3: They just took two or three in Philadelphia?
Speaker 5: They get show heyl Tani throwing a bullpen session tonight thirty one pitches before the game left me maybe feeling better.
Speaker 3: Else he wouldn't be pitching, certainly, So things are going good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well you know what they have said that, and I tend to agree with him. I think they are just waking. They just maybe the Dodger this one, or maybe so he just wants to work on his arms because you know, it take it takes these like a month, you know, when he does come back, you know, just get ready and they really can afford that. So anyway, well, I'm worry right now. So but and seriously, I'm worvy. I just got that worried right now. Yeah, I don't know why. I don't know. I just got with but but we listen, know, I'll take two ours three. You know you can win. You can win. You can't sweep baby game. So it's hot to sweep.
Speaker 3: Do we like to see it?
Speaker 8: But I don't know. I'm I've been having bad dream about this team the next couple nights and the Yeah, let's.
Speaker 5: Change those bad dreams into good dreams. Dizzy, I appreciate it. We'll check in with you. There goes Izzy and Anaheim. Yeah, I don't think you should be worried right now. They have the best road record in baseball as we speak. Right now, they have the best record in baseball. Uh, They've got an eleven and a half game lead in the division. And yes they're closer. Uh, Edwin Diaz is coming back next home stand, Keithy Hernandez is scheduled probably to come back next homestand Blake Snell is going to make a second rehab start coming up in the next couple of days. Tyler Glass now Will Smith the next round of guys to follow after that coming back from injuries. I think it's pretty good to be a Dodger right now. While all of these other teams are trying to figure out their fourth and fifth starters, trying to find another at bat, trying to find another position player, trying to find a reliever, going to the trade market, going to overpay the trade deadline to get an arm, get a bat, get a different guy off the bench. They're all going to overpay. It is a seller's market right now. There are more buyers and sellers, so the price is gonna go up. And with that being said, the Dodgers technically don't have to do anything at the trade deadline because they got four guys coming back from injuries that it's almost like getting four trades at the deadline at this time of this season. And oh yeah again, best record in baseball eleven and a half game lead, best road record, in baseball and show hey Otani on on top of all that, hasn't pitched in two weeks through a bullpen session today, thirty one pitch is gonna throw again over the weekend.
Speaker 3: He is not in the rotation.
Speaker 5: All that being said, still pretty good to be a Dodger, all right, Thanks to Colin Ye. Thanks to all you for being a part of the show. Thank you for listening, thank you for podcasting.
Speaker 3: You know what day off tomorrow for.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers is a head to Washington, DC to meet the President and to go to the White House. We'll have a special off night Dodger Talk tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Night on Thursday night.
Speaker 5: Well, the very latest is David Masse heads to the White House with the team.
Speaker 3: We'll get a reaction from there.
Speaker 5: We'll also get you a farm report, as we were just a couple of weeks away from the trade deadline and they've shuffled around the top prospects in baseball overall rankings one through hundred, and the Dodgers have a ton of them in the top one hundred rankings.
Speaker 3: We'll get into that your phone calls, and then.
Speaker 5: Dodgers back at it on Friday at Cityfield in New York for.
Speaker 3: The beginning of a three game series against the Mets.
Speaker 5: Rookie Sasaki Shamanaya the pitching matchup on Friday, Morongos Casino, Dodgers on deck at three, first pitch and four to ten.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being a part of the show. Thank you for listening. We know you got a lot of options out there.
Speaker 5: There was this beautiful sunset out here in southern California.
Speaker 3: Go enjoy it before the sky gets dark. Thanks everybody. Song shot play