Speaker 1: You're listening to k p I AM six forty the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio. A f. Will is back and he's stuffing his face with something.
Speaker 2: I have no idea, but hey, that's Will.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: He's not even paying attention.
Speaker 1: I mean he's literally he's eating like a from a trough. Okay, handle on the news with Amy Neil and me. He's also snorting. I think, well he's eating. Okay, go ahead and.
Speaker 2: Now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 1: Yup. It certainly is good morning everybody. Tuesday morning, October fourteen. You bet you it's Taco Tuesday. You don't haven't had tacos in a while on Tuesday? But oh, the President is back in Washington, d C. I mean, he only spent a few hours in Tel Aviv and a few hours in Cairo.
Speaker 2: Just got right back on his airplane.
Speaker 1: I mean, can you imagine spending that much time in an airplane?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's brutal, isn't it. Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has a full bedroom and a bathroom aboard. The plane is basically a big hotel room. So it's not bad to go that way anyway, good morning, Cono.
Speaker 3: Good morning Bill.
Speaker 4: And also it's sorry I then to cut you off at your show. But is my wife's birthday, so I have to say happy birthday to my life.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, all right, how old is she?
Speaker 3: She's in her strong thirties.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, how old are you?
Speaker 4: Kno, also in my strong thirties. I'm thirty six, but on Saturday, I'm thirty seven. Oh okay, so your age appropriate? Yes, not like you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was about to say unlike certain people that we know. Okay, Neil, good morning. Yes, yes, that was good. That was good will, welcome back. You are not eating What a miracle that is?
Speaker 3: Oh, good morning.
Speaker 2: I had no idea.
Speaker 1: Apparently I was being Yeah you were stuff in your face, so oh you were.
Speaker 5: Beating totally normal, Thank you. He has issues because his parents hated him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's probably not just my parents either. I mean, let's go through the list, and we only have a four hour, three hour show.
Speaker 3: They passed that down to the rest of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true, and good morning.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: Okay, and Amy, good morning of course, wearing Dodger blue of course, of course, good morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, Amy. Do you view the Dodgers as your team.
Speaker 6: Yes, they belong to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me point something out and people go, oh, our team has won.
Speaker 2: You know it really isn't your team.
Speaker 1: What because you and you see you pay big money to go to the games. If it was your team, you wouldn't pay. See how that works. If I own something, I do not pay to attend. I charge people to attend. I just wanted to point that out. My team Cape Verde, wherever they hell, cape Verdi is just got into the World Cup and that entire the entire arena.
Speaker 2: Exploded because it's their team.
Speaker 1: Of course, people spent their life savings to get into the game, but it's their team.
Speaker 2: So just saying, okay, they.
Speaker 1: Two of the peace, well the not so much peace, but the agreement, the ceasefire in Israel and Gaza, particularly in Gaza, and the live hostages were returned. There's twenty six who are deceased, and the bodies have to come back so the family can act, its families can bury their loved ones because the bodies were held this hostage a bunch of cockroaches.
Speaker 2: Haba says, regarding that.
Speaker 1: And we're hearing now that it may take weeks to return those bodies, and so DNA has to be done to determine whether or not those are the people, and a lot of them, well or Hamas says, a lot of them are under the rubble because a lot of people died.
Speaker 2: Sixty seven thousand people died and.
Speaker 1: There were targets that we now know that hit. Obviously Hamas fighters who are holding on to hostages. Okay, I just asked Anne if it was raining in Burbank and the answer is yes.
Speaker 2: Is it coming down pretty hard?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's coming down really hard here.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm in Orange County. It has not yet come down. I just went outside nothing and Anne was saying that her dog this morning had to poop at one thirty am and had to go outside. Was not happy about it. I've got a couple and they're not going to be happy about it. And it is for those of you that have dogs, you know what I'm talking about. It is disgusting picking up dog poop in the rain and.
Speaker 3: Why it's all nice and warm. I bet no, it's not.
Speaker 1: And I feel really bad for Lindsey who is going to be picking it up.
Speaker 6: You didn't hire somebody to do that. I know you can pay people to do that.
Speaker 1: I know you can, well not one o'clock in the morning, and well it can sit there until the morning. Why would I hire people? Oh, come on, what a message is? Why would I hire people when I have lindsay, because I'll tell you something. It is our dog poop, and so we deal with it, much like a baseball team.
Speaker 2: When it is.
Speaker 1: Yours, you deal with it. How's that for an analogy? Dog poop Dodgers you have? I like that analogy and you can't do that.
Speaker 5: Yes, anything with dog poop and the Dodgers, I know, poop, elevator or anything you could get. There's no I don't know which people do.
Speaker 1: Get a butt butler, Yeah, put it they I'll tell you what they do. They put it into Anne's yard. That's what we do. Okay there, Yeah, it doesn't matter. All right, guys, We've got a rainy day and a lot of news to share.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. It's time for Handle on.
Speaker 1: The News with Amy Neil and me lead story. We were talking about the rain flash flood flood watches being issued for most of southern California. The storm has hit in many places, has not yet come down to Orange County, but it will. And we've got the flash flood warning coming from the National Weather Service, which happens to have one person left working there, so who's very, very busy the janitor. Yeah, areas burned by wildfires previous wildfires are the highest risk, of course, of flooding. And it's virtually every county in southern California and Big Bear Neil. There's going to be big rains. Do you know yet if it's going to be snows?
Speaker 5: It doesn't look like it from what I've seen, but and I keep, you know, we've got cameras and everything up there.
Speaker 6: But what's the elevation in Big Bear?
Speaker 3: It's about six eighty I think.
Speaker 6: Thou eighty. So the forecast yesterday at least sixty eight it was saying that they were expecting snow down to about six thousand feet. Oh so you might get some Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's pretty Yeah. They just found a leak in the roof too, so I'm thrilled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good in this rain. All right, we're going to deal with that most of the day. How long is this storm going to sit over southern California?
Speaker 2: And is it moving quickly or is it just parked it's going.
Speaker 6: To move out by tonight. The heaviest of the rains expected this afternoon. And you mentioned the flash flood advisors. There are a few evacuation orders in Palisades, but they're going door to door and alerting those people. Most most people are under warnings in the burn scar areas.
Speaker 1: What do you mean the Pacific Palisades, they're going door to door with their repd is going.
Speaker 6: There's like a hundred homes that are under evacuation order because of the threat of mudslife.
Speaker 1: Yes, because I was just pointing out it's really a waste of time to knock on empty lots and to try to get people off the lots.
Speaker 6: I'm guessing it's in the homes that didn't burn.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, all right, thank you that you imagine nine months or so after everything burned and you're one hundred houses left, and now you've got to evacuate for water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I say hello to you, Will. I think I did, didn't I all right?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: That's that is how important Will.
Speaker 3: Is than me so much.
Speaker 1: I say hello, and thirty seconds later I forget.
Speaker 3: Remember I'm not stuffing my face today that you pointed.
Speaker 2: Out, Oh you know, you're right. I know you're right. Okay, moving on.
Speaker 3: You're particularly distracted this morning.
Speaker 6: You know, I am the dog poop in the backyard.
Speaker 2: It's not mine.
Speaker 5: This is like your thirteenth topic today and we're like thirteen minutes in.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Can't you train the dog to use the toilet?
Speaker 2: I gotta be honest. I saw this coming before the show started.
Speaker 3: To talk to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, moving on, Yeah, on.
Speaker 6: To phase two. President Trump and other world leaders have signed the first phase of the Gaza ceasefire agreement during a summit in Egypt, after the Israeli hostages were released. Palestinian prisoners and detainees were also released. To the tune of about two thous so, President Trump, Egypt's president El Csi qatars Emir, and Turkey's President Erduwan put their signatures on the document that sealed the first phase of the ceasefire deal. They say, Trump says, we achieved what everybody said was impossible. At long last, we have peace in the Middle East.
Speaker 1: Well, I think there are some caveats, one of them disarming Hamas.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's going to disarm.
Speaker 1: It's already moved in as soon as the Israelis moved out, the Israeli Defense forces moved out. They now are about fifty percent of Gaza occupying Gaza.
Speaker 2: Militarily, they were at almost one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: As they move out, Hamas moves in and they are executing people. And there were groups that were helping Israel fight Hamas. And I don't think Hamas is going to give up their webs. And so then the next step is what does Israel do?
Speaker 2: Does Israel go back in and attack?
Speaker 1: And Toyaho says that there's still a threat, an existential threat to Israel's existence.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Well, no, on.
Speaker 5: That note, two former presidents came out with proper class and Biden and Clinton came out and congratulated Trump specifically gave him praise for the achievement of the ceasefire and the returning of the hostages. Rightly so, but also classy, and as far as President Trump was concerned, he said that it was very nice. Actually right, he did.
Speaker 1: Clinton, he thanked specifically, he thanked Joe Biden, the worst president in the history of the United States, for the kind words.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's he's an.
Speaker 2: Yes he is.
Speaker 6: Well, apparently the blame game is not going to play for the TFA. Several major US airports are refusing to play a video given to them by Secretary of Homeland Security Christy Noam. The video is intended to play in security lines, and Noome says it's TSA's top priority to make sure you have the most pleasant and efficient airport experiences possible while we keep you safe. That all sounds great, right, Then she goes on to say, however, Democrats in Congress refuse to fund the federal government. Because of this, many of our operations are impacted and most of our TSA employees are working without pay.
Speaker 2: That is astounding.
Speaker 1: I have never heard of an informational video that tells people, hey, we've got some delays, thank you for your cooperation. Without that said, and by the way, it's the Democrat's fault or it's the Republican's fault. I've everything is politicized, I will tell you is politicized.
Speaker 3: Astounding isn't even the word.
Speaker 5: It is just it is mind boggling that we've gotten to that point.
Speaker 3: I want them to say, oh yeah.
Speaker 5: And also the crappy leg room Democrats, thanks Obama. It's like everything is going to be yeah, no more no more free sodas, no more peanuts, thanks Democrats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's just crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, and another story going along those lines, Neil, this is a Pentagon story.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, wait, so multiple multiple news outlets, uh say this is very similar say that they won't sign the new Pentagon rules on access. And this is, you know, not just the ones you might think. You've got news organization organizations like the New York Times, you got the AP, even the conservative Newsmax television network said that they're not going to sign the Defense departments new document on new press rules that they're kind of strange. So you've got Defense Secretary Pete Haigseth saying that they've got to sign this thing that allows the Pentagon to pull their passes. They have limited access unless they are guided with kind of a tour guide.
Speaker 3: And so journalists are saying, no, this is we're journalists.
Speaker 5: We are here to observe, not under you know, the guidance of you, but what we need to observe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and rightly, so beyond that, Pet's Headvenk said that you don't write anything that I have not, okayed, Yeah you can't, I mean I can't. Well not right about but he's he's saying to the Pentagon employees and the press office, you clear everything with me, now, you know.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's fine for your own people, you just can't say it to the press.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, it's a little bit of a tip for when it comes to port fees. The US and China are charging each other additional port fees that move everything from holiday toys to crude oil, making the High Seas a key front in the trade war between the world's two largest economies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, back and forth doesn't stop one hundred percent tariffs new tariffs on China as of a couple of days ago. China turns around, does the same thing back every day.
Speaker 2: It's different.
Speaker 1: We're your favorite dish is moo googai tariff now, and China is reducing its output of rare earth, which we need desperately for cell phones and evs and all kinds of electronics. And so we'll see how it plays out. Both sides wanted to reassure traders and investors because these terriffs back and forth are going to royal the world economy, not just ours and theirs.
Speaker 5: All right, Immigrants rights groups are thrilled about this, This new bill that Newsome signed. It's controversial in a lot of ways, but it basically allows relatives to care for kids if parents are deported. Their relative's part is sort of in quotes because some people feel that it's so loose that it could actually endanger children, and the others say, no, they need protection if their parents are taken away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's the.
Speaker 2: Alternative for those people that are against this?
Speaker 1: I understand they just have to tighten it up, but I don't know what that means. If you have kids who no longer have parents in the country, and let's say the kids are minors and the parents elect to keep them in the United States, or even worse, the parents are deported overnight, they're picked up and they don't even have a chance to contact their kids.
Speaker 2: It's or family members.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't the law allowed family members to take the place of parents, And that's what this is about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but social work normally would do that. So I'm wondering why this is in addition to Yeah, let me ask.
Speaker 2: You, and this is what we should ask Tracy.
Speaker 1: Does is the social work backlog so overwhelming that you've got kids that are in limbo?
Speaker 2: And what happens and I don't know the answer.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't know. I'm not going to wake her up.
Speaker 1: White not.
Speaker 3: I fear my wife. She's a Latina.
Speaker 2: She is, and you're a Latino.
Speaker 3: Yes, believe it or not.
Speaker 6: Musk says, I think it's a good idea. He wants the troops deployed to San Francisco. He and Salesforces CEO Marc Benioff have called for federal troops to be sent to San Francisco. Musk grow on x it's really the only solution at this point. Nothing has or will work. And it's in response to a Voice of San Francisco's survey that says about eighty percent of San Francisco wants federal intervention because of drug dealers. They say that fentanyl scourge has gotten out of control and they need federal intervention to fix it.
Speaker 2: Makes sense. I'm going to do a story. Well I'm not going.
Speaker 4: To do it.
Speaker 2: I was going to do it.
Speaker 1: The wave of retirements and how it's everything has just changed, and so what we have to do is militarize every city.
Speaker 2: And that's scary as hell. Well, yeah, if.
Speaker 5: It speaks to how far we've gone let things slide into the abyss, the sister in law. This is a weird story. A former Senator Mitt Romney, her name's Carrie Elizabeth Romney found dead near a Santa Clarita shopping mall on Friday. And they don't know exactly that the cause of death. They're investigating all this. But she's sixty four years old and she either fell or jumped, they say, from a five story parking structure.
Speaker 1: And I'm assuming that they don't have witnesses or they have a video security video, and it's pretty easy to tell if someone takes a swine dive or is pushed.
Speaker 3: But they have to do toxic college tests.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, she's only sixty four years old and lives in Valencia, which is local.
Speaker 2: Completely.
Speaker 6: Guess what's costing you more these days? Coffee, burgers, burritos, what else is there? And guess what prices are going to go up? Even more? Restaurant groups say they might have to raise prices by thirty percent justice stay profitable amid rising costs. A new survey shows nearly half of restaurant operators say they plan to increase menu prices if inflation, tariffs, and labor costs continue to climb.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: White House just released a statement saying, we have to figure out how Joe Biden is responsible for all of these price hikes.
Speaker 5: Maybe they're going to put those on the kiosks now like they're trying to do the TSA. Notice this, this burger is brought to you by the Biden administration.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now my question is, legitimately is how is this going to affect the mid terms?
Speaker 2: Because people vote with their wallets. It's that simple.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump's primary win was based not so much on immigration, but on inflation.
Speaker 2: That was the majority. I think that or the issue that caused the win.
Speaker 5: You don't think immigration was at the forefront for his No, I think inflation was more important.
Speaker 6: Well, inflation was huge, Yeah, I mean I think Trump hasn't brought it back down. No, the crisis went up.
Speaker 1: Yeah they did, No, they did. No, there's no question that under Biden. I mean, we hit nine percent inflation, which is just astronomical.
Speaker 2: But we were on the downside. But it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: It was already baked in, and so Biden got the blame no matter what, like Obama got the blame for this horrific economy. He inherited and he inherited it. And that's right, thanks Obama. Damn it, no question about it, all right.
Speaker 5: The Tennessee plant explosion just a horrible story. The investigation continues to go on fatal blast, and it looks like they are have so much to go through. It's going to take more and more time to figure out what exactly happened. And this Tennessee facility specialized in making military explosions. Sixteen people were killed in this mass what they call a mass detonation, so very very significant. You've got a bunch of experts involved, and seismic readings hundreds of miles away from this one explosion, so you can imagine how concussive and insane it was.
Speaker 6: Inequality is out. Govinor Newsom assigned legislation to study inequalities in youth sports. Republicans are most likely going to fire back on this. They say the measures intended to support transgender athletes. It's assembly built seven forty nine. It creates a commission to examine whether a new State Border Department is needed to improve acts to sports regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, income, or geographic location. And CENTI Minority leader Brian Jones, a Republican from Santie, zeroed in on that term gender identity. So we shall.
Speaker 5: See California the incarcerated firefighters. We hear a lot about. They go out and put themselves at risk for US. Monday, gab Newsom signed legislation to boost their pay. So these are state prisoners. They battle California wildfires. The Assembly bill is two forty seven, and looking at this is to push the their wage up because right now it's at about sixteen to fifteen hours something like that.
Speaker 6: Which is well, that's the that's the state wage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're at what seven twenty five or something an hour.
Speaker 6: No, they get about a buck an hour right now. This would raise it to seven twenty five an hour.
Speaker 3: Geez man, they can cono. You should take advantage of that.
Speaker 6: Buddy, twenty five an hour. Baby, I've been looking. Yeah, So here's tell me what you think about this. This is just what I think about this. I think that the inmates get a lot of benefits from doing this. Yes, they put their lives at risk, but they also get credit for like they for every time day they work, they get time off their sentence. They still get all their housing paid for. I don't think they.
Speaker 7: Should be getting They shouldn't get like room and board, but they get all of that paper. Yeah, the gray bar, hotel, hots and a cot exactly.
Speaker 6: But I don't think they should be get getting the regular minimum way because they're getting benefit out of this, because it also is good for them because when they get out, it gives them a skill and hopefully they can get a job in the workforce once they are not incarcerated any longer. They're getting a lot of benefit out of it.
Speaker 3: But that's above and beyond working in the kitchen or the mess hall.
Speaker 6: To me, that's yeah, but you come out with a life skill. You could go on and be a firefighter.
Speaker 3: H I don't think seven bucks or whatever is that big of a jump.
Speaker 5: I think if we took care of all the people on death row, we could save that money that we're paying yearly and.
Speaker 3: Put it into people like this.
Speaker 5: I'm all four the people that are willing to do something that actually do an act. The rest of them garbage disposal.
Speaker 3: I'm fine with.
Speaker 6: A Remnants of a typhoon have hit Alaska. Not SAME's sort of weird, kind of far north. More than thirty people had to be rescued and three people are still missing in western Alaska after the remnants of Typhoon Long brought hurricane force winds and flooding strong enough to sweep away entire homes in coastal communities. Rescue aircraft had to be sent to Alaskan villages of Kipnuk and QUIGGILLANOK, where there were reports of people possibly unaccounted for. They have received reports that people's homes have floated away. People may have been in those homes.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's pretty scary.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as we look at just a basic rain out here, we're all excited about all right, this one's for Kno. Taylor Swift. She's given fans behind the scenes. Look record breaking tour. Look at his face, he's so giddy. He's excited. Yeah, but yeah, Disney Plus is going to air this six part docu series on the Aris Tour, the end of an era, given fans behind the scenes, Look all those inner workings, sold out stadiums. You got to imagine. It's pretty impressive what they do to put.
Speaker 3: On that show. You know.
Speaker 6: Plus it's Taylor Swift. I mean, come on, and I saw your text.
Speaker 3: Is that what you're showing me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh, no, buddies, his bubble guts, his little tummy.
Speaker 3: That's all right, and we'll be back with us at seven.
Speaker 6: I want my MTV. Maybe people just aren't saying that anymore. Because MTV is shutting down music channels in the UK, fans are wondering if the US might be next. The iconic music TV channel closing five stations, including MTV Music, MTV Eighties, MTV Nineties Club, MTV and MTV Live. They're going to go dark at the end of the year.
Speaker 3: They stopped playing music.
Speaker 6: There's that. That's kind of the It's not really music television anymore. Although I would imagine isn't like MTV Eighties. Doesn't that play like a classic?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That stuff I would imagine.
Speaker 5: But when was the last time you watched MTV or heard anything about it?
Speaker 6: Uh, it's been years years already.
Speaker 5: Hand I'll be back when we return. This is KFI heard everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.