Speaker 1: Good evening and welcome to the nightcat on seven hundred w l W Gary Jeff Walker on this Monday night, sitting down check it in a ride I hope you will take with us right up till midnight tonight.
Speaker 2: Fantastic weekend for me. I mean, for one, while blue Hairs were marching all over the country to supplement their Social Security checks by getting paid by the Soros family to participate in the No Kings marches around the country, I was having the No Commies sit in at huddles and we had a bunch of people with their MAGA hats on and Trump shirts. I had my Gulf of America shirt. It was really, really fantastic, and nobody was paid to be In fact, they paid to be there by buying drinks. Hello to Jack and Dana from New Richmond, Al from Cleaves and the scores of others who joined us. On Saturday afternoon, while people were standing up being an annoyance to everyone in blocking traffic and all the rest of the things that the No Kings crowd does, we were having a good time watching football and man, what a great football Saturday it was. What a great football weekend it was for me? Anyway, my Vandy Commodores advanced to six and one, just like the UC Bearcats advancing to six and one on this college football season, and there are hints and rumors and allegations of possibly playoff action playoffs for both those teams, which I root for, the Bearcats and the Commodoores. And then yesterday in the NFL, my Kansas City Chiefs took down the Lowly Raiders thirty one to nothing, the first time that Andy Reid has pitched a shutout as a coach in the NFL. During the regular season. Patrick Mahomes, my mahomie was on full display. We'll talk about all that little later on with the wild Man Dennis Wildman Walker. Also on tonight's show, Jeff Dornick from a company called Pickaxe. It's a social media company, and we're going to be talking about the dangers, the real threats posed to all of us by AI and what Bill Gates and Elon musk Haven plan for the planet and it doesn't include a lot of us as human beings. John Lott from the Crime Prevention Research Center in Washington, d C. With the latest data on what's going on around the country, no matter whether you're listening to Democrats or Republicans or President Trump. They've got the actual numbers on crime and what's working and what's not. At twelve thirty, Peter Lumage, who is a first generation American from Albania, a country of communism, and we'll be exploring why communism, i e. Socialism never works. It didn't in his home country and it won't hear in America. Manelli Derek Shaani and I've been taking pronunciation lessons all day long trying to learn this name. He is a senior science advisor at the CO two Coalition in Washington, d C. With again, actual numbers and data when it comes to the climate and what you ought to know. And of course, in just a few moments, we will have for you. Megan Thompson. Who is Megan Thompson. She's the CEO of a group called Dress for Success, a nonprofit here locally, and when I met her last week, she actually was a custer of mine, a customer of mine at the bar. When I met her, I thought, what a classy lady. Number one and number two. I love the idea of trying to help women get back on their feet after any situation. Human trafficking, or from bad economic past or whatever, get back up on their feet and become an active participant in a great capitalist free market that is the United States of America. We'll talk to Megan Thompson in just a moment as we continue on this Monday night cap on seven hundred WLW. As I mentioned at the top of the show, our first guest tonight is something that.
Speaker 3: Happened truly by accident.
Speaker 2: I was doing my day job, my side hustle bartending last week and incomes one of the most elegant people I've ever had inside that bar, for sure, a stunning who I wound up having a conversation with and found her to be even more charming as the conversation continued. She was there as a customer as I was d slinging drinks for Hillbillies and others, and she decided on something she was in between going to a meeting, wanted to have a little beverage. There's nothing wrong with that, and she gave me your card and I asked what she did, and she said, I'm the CEO of Dress for Success, the president and CEO. I said, I've heard of that, So Dress for Success Cincinnati's president and CEO of that organization, which I think is a fantastic nonprofit, is with us to start to show tonight. Megan Thompson, Hello and welcome to the nightcap on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: How are you.
Speaker 4: I am doing wonderful and thank you so much for having me and for that lovely introduction. I'm over here blessing out myself.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, but you you said, I don't know what's dressed like this.
Speaker 3: I just came from a photo shoot. But I'd tell you what.
Speaker 2: You made an impression on everybody that was in the bar, including me, and then we started talking, and that was only enhanced. The impression was only enhanced by our conversation. So explain to me real quickly what Dress for Success Cincinnati does and how you got started doing it.
Speaker 4: Absolutely so, Dress for Success Cincinnati is a nonprofit organization that focuses on helping women reach financial self sufficiency and we do that by providing professional attire in a network of support. So what that looks like simply is any woman, it does not matter what her zip code is, what her age is, her race, any of that stuff, It does not matter. She comes through our doors and she can sign up for any of us our services. The unique thing about us is there's no actual starting point, and that if a woman wants to come and start in our styling services where she receives professional attire, we start with her there. If she wants to start in our career center, where we're offering that further network of support in terms of one on one coaching, job placement, career search, resume building, mock interviews, then she can start there. She can do all things at once, she can come once. We're extremely flexible because we're all about meeting women where they are, you know, and.
Speaker 2: Not just for women's sake, Megan, but there are many especially gen z right now, who have no idea how to introduce themselves to the world of twenty twenty five in business, have no ideas. Many many times they just weren't equipped or educated in this social skills or the things that it takes to actually succeed, which obviously you had a pass for you knew and how did you come to be a part of this and what's your background?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you so much for asking, because you're exactly right in today's society, especially here in Cincinnati and the Greater Cincinnati area. Everything is about relationships. And we've heard it for years. It's not about what you know, it's who you know. And then for a while we said, no, you have to know what you know. And I think it's starting to trend back to the who you know. And the reason this is so important to your point is that when you meet someone new, and obviously I don't meet a stranger, and when you meet someone new, how do you make that lasting impression to build connections? So two people walk into a bar, in this case, one person walks into a bar, and now here we are. It's so important that when we are talking with people, we know how to one hold a conversation, how to listen, and how to respond. And I have seen these things make or break some people on job interviews. And I came up from I'm the daughter of an immigrant mother, proudly first gen American on her side. She came to this country from Costa Rica when she was in her college years, attended college here, married my father, who is a Southern man, and so I was raised with no excuses, you know, lend respect and shake people's hands. I'm a millennial. When I used to call my friend's house, I would say, hi, mister or missus so, and so, how's your day going. That's excellent, it's Maddie home. And you have to learn how to have these conversations, and those tools are missing and absence from our society.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: Then you asked a little bit about my path I actually started my career. I have my master's degree in public administration as well as the master of American Government. And as you can tell from me talking, I've always wanted to be in a role that allows me to use my voice, and so I wanted to go into law.
Speaker 6: WHOA Megan twenty two thousand and eight.
Speaker 3: Yes, you dropped out just for a moment. You said you graduated where.
Speaker 4: I graduated in two thousand and eight, right during the recession, from Elon University, and so I felt my options were extremely limited, and I went into banking. And my entire career I've been in banking, but always in spaces where I can use my voice and speak to others, and I learned through that being able to connect with people from all different backgrounds people. Most recently I was in wealth management and that's where I came to Dress for Success Cincinnati from and you realize that people acqui or wealth from all different ways, and people lose wealth in all different ways. And so again here at Dress for Success Cincinnati, we want to help women find economic self sufficiency. And one of the ways to do that is ensuring you are confident and competent with who you are and you're able to present that to others. So that's what we're really doing here.
Speaker 3: That's a wonderful, wonderful concept.
Speaker 2: And I just I love the fact that you are actually making significant positive changes in these women's lives. You know what, you came up during the recession and times were kind of dicey in two thousand and eight, as we all remember, But you know what, we just got through with this COVID period where there was total isolation, and there are a lot of people that may come to you who don't even know how to look someone in the eye when they're addressing them, and because of the socialization isolation and the fact that their whole lives were all of a sudden put on hold online and there was no person to person interaction.
Speaker 3: Is that part of what you're trying to do with these folks, do.
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: And it's not just that a lot of the women that we're working with. Look eighty nine percent of the women that we serve our women who are below the poverty line. In addition to that, women we serve comes from all different referral sources. They can, like I mentioned at the top of the hour, women can come into our center just from word of mouth or because they know someone. But we also receive referrals from places like her Cincinnati or River City Correctional And so we have women who are overcoming unimaginable circumstances from being sex trafficked, to being abused, being in relationship ships that have not been the best, or been in really terrible situations. Maybe they're overcoming incarceration, and they come here not just because we provide a place of hope and accountability and resources, but also we help for store dignity. You mentioned not even knowing how to look someone in the eye. Sometimes the women we serve don't believe that they're worth looking someone in the eye, or that they're valuable enough for.
Speaker 3: Them to be seen.
Speaker 4: And so reshifting that mindset to help women know that they matter and they're worth in investing in. And we know studies and statistics show that when women are successful, communities are successful, children are successful, there's less crime rates. And so we know crime, for example, in Cincinnati, has been an explosion when we invest back into women. We know that all of these things have a benefit just by connection. So children are being educated better because moms can stay home and help them and pick them up after school, and they have safer environments, and they have healthier meals which leads to better behavior outcomes and more food security, which means that there's less crime in our streets. And all of these things are related.
Speaker 3: Have you got connections I'm certain you do with the business community here and helping placement for these women after they've gone through your programs.
Speaker 4: So that's another wonderful thing about the city of Cincinnati and also Northern Kentucky. When I met you, I was coming from an event with the Cincinnati Regional Chamber, and that is one organization that offers plenty of events for people to get connected and build their skill set and business acumen. But it's also a great place to meet other nonprofits and business owners, as is the Northern Kentucky Chamber. There's business owners from the Northern Kentucky Chamber who have donated their services to Dress for Success Cincinnati to help women get headshots to ensure that they're being styled in a way that matches their body type, and even what's called color matching. So are the colors you where? Do they actually reflect well on your skin tone and help you to be welcomed well into a room. There's a crazy science behind it. And even connecting again with places like Bethany House, her Cincinnati shelter House. There's the Life Learning Center we are over at. We have two satellite locations, one in Loveland and one in Covington, and the care Center is in Loveland and the Life Learning Center in Covington. And these are opportunities for us again partner with other organizations and utilize our resources to not compete in trying to serve the same population with the same thing over and over. But how can we really create a continuum of care so when women leave us, they know the next step and they know they're going to be handled well there and vice versa.
Speaker 2: Well, Megan Thompson, A pleasure to meet you originally a pleasure to talk to you tonight and let everybody know if they want to find out more about Dress for success Cincinnati. They can go to the website dfs Sincy. That's dfs CI Ncy dot org. And if you know any ladies that are trying to get a foothold on life and improve their lot and uh be a part, a productive part of society and be successful, maybe this is a direction you should send him in d fs CI Ncy dot org. Again is the website, and Megan, thank you so much. Hope to see at the bar again sometime.
Speaker 4: Thank you our plan.
Speaker 6: It's a pleasure, all right.
Speaker 3: I'll make sure that I have vermouth and olives. I promise I appreciate it, no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: Jeff Dornick from Pickaxe, a social media server you may not have heard of, but you may be hearing a lot about here in the next coming months. Will be up right after News, which is next on seven hundred WLW. How is social media impacting our lives? And we'll impact our lives automation. What are Bill Gates and Elon Musk's plan for humanity other than maybe to eliminate us? Famous quotes by Bill Gates along the way years ago he said, I think the Earth's population really should be about five hundred million we've got to find a way to get there. All the other nonsense that you've heard, and is it all just fear mongering or do we really have something to fear from AI and social media in the digital age. A guy that's our guest next is the CEO and founder of Pickax, a groundbreaking social media platform built on two uncompromising principles, freedom of speech and freedom of reach. His newest book is called Following the Leader, and we welcome him now. Jeff Dornick, thanks for coming on the Nightcap tonight on seven other WLW. How are you doing really well?
Speaker 5: Thanks for me. I've been looking forward to chat with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too when I found out you were available. This is right down my alley of stuff I want to expose and talk about because so many people have questions on our future and how technology plays a role. And you know, for decades, I know this is true, that we've been sold that technology is our savior, that innovation is progress.
Speaker 3: And it's so funny, Jeff.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: The more I look at what some people call progress, I find very regressive and very anti human, and you may find the same thing.
Speaker 3: But tell me again.
Speaker 2: About pickacts first, and then about how you're trying to maybe bridge that gap between technology and humanity.
Speaker 3: Tell me about pick as, Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So with Pickax, it's a social media platform that we've that we've developed, been building it up for a couple of years now, and we uh the web versions out right now. We're dropping the iOS and android app here in the next couple of weeks. And you know, the whole idea is just how can we have the most human centered social media platform on the on the planet.
Speaker 5: And so everything we do is from.
Speaker 7: The from the perspective of how do we help human content creators. How do we help you know, writers, journalists, rumble, live streamers, you know, you know, people with podcasts.
Speaker 5: How do we help them all?
Speaker 7: Because what's happening on these you know, mainstream social media platforms is that they're they're leaning very heavily into artificial intelligence, and they're leaning very heavily into algorithms and Elon must just the other day just just announce that they're going to now essentially make it to where you're following, so the number of people that follow you has no bearing on your ability to be seen. Now it's just all going to be based on AI and the algorithm. So now your your job, essentially, according to Elon, is to write content that the algorithm likes, that the AI likes, and then the AI will decide whether your content gets seen as opposed to you being able to build your own community, build your own audience and all that. So with Pickaxe, what we're doing is we're just we're making it to where you can build an actually your own audience, and you can have direct access to your own audience. We're not going to get in the way, we're not going to get in the middle. And then we're just developing a whole bunch of features that helped you amplify that. And the way that I've set up our business model is that we only whin we only we only generate revenue as a platform when we help our human content creators to actually thrive and succeed. So it's just a completely different outlook on social media. It's kind of like we're taking it back to the way that social media was intended to be, which is social.
Speaker 5: So that's what we're trying to do at pickax Fantastic.
Speaker 2: Now, let me ask you this I've been told by other people in the know, is that soon there will be no human generated contact or I'm sorry, there'll be no human generated content on the Internet at all, because AI is now just regurgitating AI. And the problem with AI not only the algorithms and writing to what it likes according based on the algorithms, but AI has been known to hallucinate and just entirely make things up. You find that that's true.
Speaker 5: No, it's definitely, it's definitely true.
Speaker 7: And also to you know, we also have to remember the AI is only as good as the as the database that it pulls information from it, and only as good as the bias that the programmer programs into it. But it's interesting too because Mark Zuckerberg is investing I think it's sixty five billion dollars into developing artificial intelligence specifically for the purpose of creating AI generated content creators. And their in game is to actually turn humans on Facebook and Instagram into consumers only, and that they would then use AI to be the content creators. And then that way guys like Zuckerberg could say, oh, yeah, we're a free speech platform. Well yeah, because you control the speech that's on there, and you control the creators that are on there, and then which makes it easier for you to sell advertising and promote whatever narratives you want to promote and all that. So and also too, then they won't have to do any kind of revenue share with their content creators that are on their platform. So that's that's where they're going. And I think that you know, when we look at what's happening on all these tech platforms, and you know, they're using us the people, in order to fuel their AI, which in their mind is going to replace us. For example, a lot of people don't realize this, but recently Elon Must sold X essentially to himself, but X is now owned by Xai, So xai owns x Y because X is the database that they're pulling all the information from. So all of our tweets, all of our posts on X are going in order to build up the artificial intelligence that is going to replace us as the content creators like make it make sense, well.
Speaker 2: Not only replace us on the internet in social media, but replace all of what What is the danger of AI completely taking over the technology, completely taking over and rendering millions upon millions of human jobs obsolete.
Speaker 3: Are we at that point yet?
Speaker 2: Is it going to happen within the next decade, or are there too many problems with AI that it will fall under its own.
Speaker 5: Weight now all. So, there's a couple of things.
Speaker 7: One I think is that you know, as I'm listening to a lot of people in the tech world, and they're all saying that that they're considered that there's an AI bubble, which I kind.
Speaker 5: Of agree with, and I kind of disagree with that.
Speaker 7: I agree that there's an AI bubble in the sense that I think that they're investing way too much money into it, that some of these companies are not going to be able to generate enough revenue based upon their hundreds of billions of dollars of investment, and so a lot of the big tech companies that we see are either going to go out of business or restructure or something along those lines. However, also you listen to a lot of these guys that are developing the AI, they see AI is replacing not just one hundred million jobs, fifty million jobs, one hundred like they're talking about replacing all human jobs. So there's no need for humans to be in the workforce. And this is leading to, you know, conversations about you universal basic income or as Sam Altman is actually proposing that instead of you having ubi from the government, that you would have what they call a dividend coming from these tech companies that would pay you to basically not work.
Speaker 5: And so basically now.
Speaker 7: Instead of there being a universal basic skin come from the government, where okay, if the government, you know, violates your constitutional rights.
Speaker 5: You could, you know, take it to court and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 7: But if you have a private entity that you rely upon for your revenue, and all of a sudden they say, well, yeah, well, we don't like what you talk about, we don't like your focus, we don't like what you're spending your money on, so we're going to cut you off. They don't have a constitutional responsibility to protect your free speech rights or your First Amendment rights or anything along those lines, where as the government would. So now basically that these tech companies, if it goes as planned, are going to have more power over your life, and they can actually implement the censorship that we've been opposed to for so long in a way that the government never could. This is far more dangerous if this continues down the trajectory that we're head, than anything that the government could ever do.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like the digital I D that the UN has proposed. It would control every aspect of your life through technology and through this digital so called digital ID. It's kind of like the digital dollar and everything. Uh, you not being able to have any control over your buying power over things that you want to buy, or maybe, as you said, being cut off completely because they don't like your social credit score i e.
Speaker 3: Communist China, right right.
Speaker 7: Well, and and that's where it's it's it's an interesting conversation, especially about the digital ID and uh and you know, digital currency and all that, because I think, you know, there's obviously there's a push, especially in the European countries to to make it, you know, by the force of law. We're seeing this the United Kingdom and some of some of these other places. There's there's been conversations about happening here in the United States. And what I've actually been been fear, I guess you could say, is I don't think that that would actually hold up, you know, under under you know, courts and Supreme Court and all that kind of stuff, because it would be widely unconstitutional. However, what would happen if all of a sudden, let's say, a company like x or open ai or one of these artificial intelligence companies comes in and says, hey.
Speaker 5: You know that's fine. You don't legally have to according to the United States government, but.
Speaker 7: On our platform, you have to have a digital ID, and you have to have and we're going to implement a social credit score, which they're already doing. They're actually ranking you on X right now, zero to ninety nine. And then based upon that credit score, that social credit score will depend on how likely you're to be seen within their algorithms and in the new speed and trending and all that kind of stuff. So imagine that now you know, Elon's already talking about developing his own currency. Let's say let's say that they require you to have some sort of digital ID in order to be a part of their ecosystem. And as they continue to expand, then maybe more companies begins to adopt this new technology and ID and social credit score and all that to where again they're bypassing the government.
Speaker 5: Where there'd be a lot of legal hoops in order to implement it, to where now.
Speaker 7: It would be a quote unquote voluntary opt opt in digital ID or social credit score, central bank digital currency, the whole deal to where to where they could actually get away with doing the mass censorship and having complete control over your life. So unless we create some sort of alternative ecosystem that's completely separated from AI, we're all kind of screwed because what legal recourse do you have if a private company violates your constitutional rights? We don't have any because that's only there in order to prevent the federal government from violating rights, not necessarily a private company.
Speaker 2: Have you received any pushback on pickax from these other giants and how do you protect yourself against because they have a lot of money and a lot of power, Chef.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we haven't as of yet.
Speaker 7: And again just because we're technically under pre right now, so we've got to get web burden out now actually going to be dropping soon.
Speaker 5: But I'm fully prepared for there being some sort.
Speaker 7: Of pushback blowback you know at tax things like that, and so we're taking a variety of precautions, everything from you know, servers and having backups to where if one server takes us down, we can just flip a switch and instantaneously be back up live. So you know, we're we're going into everything with our eyes wide open. Knowing that there's that there's going to be pushed back because we're going against the grain, we're going against the system, and we're creating a space that is very centered on human beings and ultimately trying to create an alternative ecosystem to where, you know, if all this kind of stuff comes to pass, as as I've been predicting that there will be a human centered space that that you know, we're not living in the Pixar movie Wally like like like Elon must says, we're going to end up being but we're actually going to be able to have you know, human to human connection and in community and creativity and all that kind of stuff. So I know there will be pushed b and we have certain things in place in order to bypass that as much as possible.
Speaker 2: Good because they believe me, if you start making waves with Pickaxe, you know that those ripples will finally be noticed by the people you've been talking about and the powers that be in the tech world, and they will either try and swallow you up or or neuter you somehow and keep you from you know, disrupting.
Speaker 3: Their evil plans. Tell me about following the leader the book.
Speaker 7: So yeah, So that's a that's a book that I've been I've been working on a writing and should be able to get it all wrapped up and finished soon.
Speaker 5: But the whole idea.
Speaker 7: So in one of my first books that I put together, it was a group book project, and I brought together a bunch of pastors and theologians and all that talking about different issues facing the church.
Speaker 5: And one of the chapters that I wrote.
Speaker 7: In that book was about the evangelical cult of personality and how a lot of these magatures pastors within Christianity almost set up their own mini cult within the Christian ecosystem to where you completely rely upon them for all of your theological training and teaching, and whatever they say goes, and you're kind of taught not to question them, and just well they're the most trained experts in their fields, so you have to just believe them, and then you follow them. And then they end up use and abuse their people in order to build up their wealth. They've set up all sorts of different, you know, kinds of nonprofits all over the place that they're bringing in.
Speaker 5: They're just raking in the money, all that kind.
Speaker 7: Of stuff, and they have ultimate control and power and all that, and when I looked at a lot of them, I realize a lot of them are using certain cult tactics in order to manipulate their base into you know, essentially playing follow the leader. Well then I started seeing, well, this isn't just happening within the church, this is happening within the political sphere. This is happening within mainstream society as well. So I started researching them. That's really what led into following the Leader. And as I was researching this, I realized, well, you know, you take this back to scientology, and you've this back to Jim Jones and Charles Manson and a lot of these different cults. It's all the same tactics that are being used. And so then I started researching the cults and looking into and looking into all of that, and you know, things like MK ultra and brainwashing and all that, and you realize, well, there's a lot of the same tactics there. And then a lot of these leaders have direct ties with an intelligence agency of some kind, and you're like, what's going on here?
Speaker 5: So you know, as I'm looking.
Speaker 7: At this, it makes perfect sense that I think a lot of these cults, going way back, we're kind of testing grounds in order in order for to see how do you get normal everyday people coming off the street to either come in and believe something insane, do some sort of atrocious thing that you would never that no human being would do, like Charles Manson going around and just mass murdering people and all, how did they do that? So I started looking at this and it was like, you know, you start with a basic lie, you build upon that, you build upon that, you build upon that until you believe something absolutely insane. And we saw that happen with COVID. We see that happening today in politics, we see that happening Trump, We see.
Speaker 5: That happening everywhere.
Speaker 7: And so my theory that a posit in the book is basically that you have the intelligence agencies or some kind of power that's involved that use the cult as testing grounds and then now they're playing out these tactics on a mass scale. And then the question is are have you been taken in by some sort of cult tactic? And that can happen on the left, it can happen on the right. And so the thing is do we self reflect, take a look at our lives and figure out what do I believe, not just what do I believe?
Speaker 5: But why do I believe it?
Speaker 7: Am I just a parent that's repeating what somebody else said? Or do I actually know that it's true? So that's really the whole theory behind the book.
Speaker 2: I guess you could say, well, as a believing Christian, I know that Jesus Christ is my sales savior. No man is my savior, whether it be a president or a congressman or an evangelical preacher with a large following. You know, you can go through the litany of names, which we don't need to do. Everybody knows what we're talking about, I think. But my my issue is that these cult like tactics, are these basic cults that are predicated on the lie uh you know that you've got to follow this one human being, this man uh to uh to find your path to salvation. Is that it turns people off of real scripturally based Christianity, you know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, absolutely, And I think I think it also that one of the one of the problems is is that a lot of times in the in this these kind of like cult mindsets, whether you're talking about within Christianity or within politics, they they really try to persuade you not to question anything and and not to not to actually, you know, do your own research and figure it out and all that. And I think that that's that's that's one of the really big things that I really want to encourage people to is break away from this mentality of you're not supposed to question, like question everything, because because the truth, if you are a true secret of the truth, you read the Bible, you know from in the political sphere, obviously, you read the Constitution, you read the Founding documents, you go through all that. The truth is there, you go find it. But you also have to be humble enough to realize that maybe I miss something, maybe I'm wrong. And so for me, I have a lot of conversations with a lot of people from a lot of different perspectives, and I go into everything believing what I believe one hundred percent, but I'm also open to the idea that possibly the other person I have an argument where I need to go back and I need to look at what I believe and say, Okay, did my belief hold up the scrutiny or do I need to maybe reconsider something, tweet something, change something.
Speaker 2: Jeff we're out of time, but I appreciate yours. Pickaxe is this new human based social media that Jeff Dornick and his group have launched. And you know, we'll check back in and see when you're up and running. Jeff, Okay, sounds good. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: It's the Nightcap and it continues right after news on seven hunderd WLW. As we continue on this Monday Nightcap on seven one hundrel a guy that's been on the program many times and he's been gracious enough to come back on with us tonight. He is the man at the d man at the Crime Prevention Research Center CPRC.
Speaker 3: His name is John Lott.
Speaker 2: When it comes to the real stats on crime, we're talking about it a lot in the news and the recent so called surgeon crime.
Speaker 3: What are the root causes behind it? What do the stats actually say?
Speaker 2: There's no better expert than our guest, John Lott, Doctor Lott, it's great to have you back on the show.
Speaker 8: How are you doing great, great to talk to you, Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 2: Just drop something in real clear politics here? What do stats really say about the crime surge? So can we just get a thumbnail first of the overview of what that says. What do the stats do say about the crime surge in America today?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 8: But I think with over the last four years, we've seen a huge percentage increase in violent crime, about a fifty nine percent increase over four years, which is unprecedented for that large of a percentage increase. And it basically comes down to this. There are two measures that we have of crime. We have crimes report to police and then we have total crimes. And what people need to realize is that only about forty percent of violent crimes get report to police and only about thirty percent of property crimes get reported to police. And in the past, prior to COVID, the number of crimes reported to police and the total amount of crime.
Speaker 6: Tended to go up and down together.
Speaker 8: But since COVID, there's been a real huge disconnect. What we've seen a little drop in an overall reported crime, we've actually seen this huge, unprecedented increase in total crime.
Speaker 6: This's occurred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you mentioned in this Real Clear Politics article that during the presidential debate between Donald Trump and Kamala Harris, President Trump now President Trump, said violent crime was rising. The ABC moderator said, President Trump, as you know, the FBI says overall violent crime is coming down in this country. Was the FBI cook in the books or is it just this the fact that it's the crimes are not being reported.
Speaker 3: John.
Speaker 8: Right, Well, I think it's the crimes just aren't being reported, and there's simple reasons for that. One of the biggest reasons is whether or not people report crimes to the police depends in part on whether or not people think that the criminals are going to be and punished. And one thing that we've seen over the last few years has been a huge drop in the rate that criminals are arrested and punished for crime. It's gone down like by almost half of what it was beforehand. And it's also become more difficult for people to report crimes in many parts of the country. You know, six seven years ago, if you had had a violent crime occur and you called up the police, they would send out a police car. Well, now if you call it nine to one one, what they'll go and they'll say is they'll ask you first, is the criminals still there committing the crime? And if you say no, which is virtually always the case, that you know the crimes already occurred, the criminals left the scene. They'll say, well, you can come down to the police station and wait in line, and uh, you know, you can get a police report filled out. A lot of people may not understand that just simply calling up nine to one one doesn't result in a police report. Will only get a police report when a police officer actually goes and fills out the report that's there. And so you know, it's it's not too difficult to understand. I guess that if if you make it more costly, more time consuming for people to go and report a crime, you're going to have at least some people who are going to say, look, it's just not worth my time to go and do that, and so those crimes will go unreported.
Speaker 2: The National Crime Victimization Survey that your reference in this article a pretty steep contrast between President Trump's first term and Joe Biden's term in office as president. As you mentioned, the fifty nine percent surge, with rape and sexual assault up sixty seven percent, robbery of thirty eight percent, an aggravated assault of sixty two two. That's like twenty twenty through twenty twenty four. As you said post COVID the first term of President Trump. That same NCVS data showed that between twenty seventeen and twenty twenty, violent crime fell fifteen percent, including a six percent drop in robbery, a twenty four percent decline, and aggravated assault, rape and sexual assault rose slightly. The increase was less than ten percent over what occurred in Joe Biden's term. So what was happening differently in President Trump's first term that didn't happen during Biden It maybe is not related to COVID from what you're seeing.
Speaker 8: Well, I think I think under Biden, the big problem that you have is that they just made it a lot less risky for criminals to go on commit crime. I mean, look at DC for example, in Washington, d C. It's the US attorney who's responsible for prosecuting crimes by adults, the US attorney that you had there under the Biden administration. In twenty twenty two, he refused to prosecute sixty seven percent of the arrests that occurred during that time. In twenty twenty three, he refused to prosecute still fifty six percent of the arrests that occurred there. As a huge percentage of arrest that just won't result in prosecutions. Obviously under somebody like Judge Dean Pirot right now, she's had much more aggressive you know, if you're arrested, she's going to prosecute you for your crime. And you know, during the first Trump term, only about thirty percent of arrests were not prosecuted. So you know, it was still higher than Piero, but it was a lot less than was occurring under the Biden administration. And you know, it's just kind of a lot of the resources in the federal government, like with regard to the FBI, they were not being used to go after what you and I might regard as violent criminals. They would go and record license plates at school board meetings, or go and infiltrate you know, Catholic church meetings, or you know, a huge amount of effort and time dealing with January sixth, even people that had no violent actions that were taken. You know, the the on average, the person the people who engaged in any violence on January sixth spent at least forty two months in prison. But there are lots of people who ended up spending you know, being investigated and spending substantial time in prison who engaged in absolutely no violence at all, you know, basically trespassing type things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Paradi.
Speaker 8: Right well, and there was a huge amount of resources spent on that. So, you know, under Trump, whether it was the first term or even more so now, they're going you know, they're going after criminals.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you talking to John Lott from the Crime Prevention Research Center about the crime surge that we've been living through the last four years or so, which President Trump has been talking about and not only in the debate before in the campaign, but he's been actively trying to do something about it, obviously, and he's getting a lot of pushback about that from around the country for various reasons, but they're mostly political in anything that Trump does must be stopped immediately, even if it's right. We see that all over the place, John, But what about what he did with the Federal District of Columbia, And you mentioned the criminals knowing they're going to be prosecuted is the main thing that's the deterrent to actually bring the crime rate down, and I believe that as well. But what do you think about the President's plan to install federal troops to augment local police departments around the country. Is that going to be an effective tool if he's allowed to do it?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean, they've already been doing this in Memphis. There seems to be a substantial drop that they're seeing in crime already there. Obviously they had huge drops in violent crime, like an eighty five drop in carjackings.
Speaker 6: In Washington, d C.
Speaker 8: When they moved Himand you know, it's a combination of things. In Memphis and d C. They've moved federal law enforcement agents like the FBI, ATF and others into the area there. They've also moved to National Guard. So you know it's in d C about thirteen hundred patrol officers, no more than four hundred are on duty at any point in time. The change that Trump made essentially doubled the number of boots that you had on the ground at any point in time. And you know, they had huge increases in arrests, made it much more difficult for criminals to commit crime. What's riskier, and they've been prosecuting them. Now they're still problems. The District Columbia is responsible for prosecuting juvenile crime. You just had that situation where the young doage individual, the government efficiency expert you know, nicknamed Big Balls, he had been savagely beaten and attacked by ten juveniles. The judge released them, initially didn't require that they had to spend time in jail, and now this last week she just decided that they would get no jail time, that they would just get probation for the savage AGGBT assault that they engaged in.
Speaker 6: You know, so.
Speaker 8: You still have problems in DC and things that they completely control in terms like the punishment for juveniles. But you know, there there's still been some change in all the violent adult criminals that they've taken off the street. You know, they're still off the street. They're still going to be not committing crime for some period of time, So there'll still be some benefits even when the federal law enforcement has moved away from there. But you know, it's Trump has done things across the board. It's not just higher rest rates, higher conviction rates, longer prison sentences, but they've also made it easier for victims to be able to go and defend themselves, which also makes it riskier for criminals to makes it riskier for criminals to commit crimes. So, for example, it had been taking six to eight months or more for people to get their concealed carry permit in Washington, d C. The Trump administration put pressure on the DC government and they've sped it up now to get your permit within two weeks. You know, all those things matter.
Speaker 2: Well, do you have a you take a lot of good stock and the Bureau of Justice Statistics National Crime Victimization Survey, which you know before twenty twenty, the FBI Statistics and the Bureau of Statistics, as you point out in this article in real clear politics, they kind of moved side by side in tandem. But then they are totally different now as far as reported crime from the FBI and then from the survey of two hundred and forty thousand people living in the United States asking whether they were crime victims, the two are moving in opposite directions or have been. Do you see a lot of validity into that particular survey because there are so many people interviewed.
Speaker 8: No, I mean they survey two hundred and forty thousand people, so I mean it's really a huge survey. I mean, it's kind of always been the gold standard for crime statistics and The reason is that we know that most violent crimes and most property crimes aren't report to police. And you know, if you're going to ask people, what about most do you care about what's happened to total crime or you care about the number of crimes that reports police. I mean, obviously both matter in some sense in terms of policy and what.
Speaker 6: You want to do.
Speaker 8: But you know what affects the quality of people's lives is what happens to total crime?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, you can find the actual stats and the information because they do a phenomenal job of compiling it all at Crimeresearch dot org. It's the CPRC, the Crime Prevention Research Center. It's founder, president John Lott with us. I always love having you on. I love getting the real scoop on stuff that is being bandied about like a political football in the media all the time. John, and you were great for setting the record straight. So thank you again for coming on with us.
Speaker 8: Well, thanks so much, Jeff, I greatly appreciate you having me on.
Speaker 2: You bet, John Lott from the CPRC. Tonight on the Nightcap, plentymore show left to go, and we'll get to it in due time. Hang on, Opportunity tonight to talk to John Doctor John Brady. We've had him on before. He's a forensic psychologist, he is an author and he has a new book coming out called Breakdown, and it's getting inside the criminal mind. We talk about the Sir Hans Sir Han assassination of RFK. We talk about Luigi Mangioni up to date and how it references with the an alliance with the Charlie Kirkshooter in his expertise, Doctor Brady, welcome back to the Nightcap. It's good to have you on again. When is the book going to be available?
Speaker 9: First, Dary, it's my pleasure. WLW is my favorite station. Reminds me of WLS in Chicago that I grew up listening.
Speaker 5: To, So I really appreciate the.
Speaker 2: You know what, that's something we have, that's something we have in common, doctor Brady, because when I was a kid. When I was a kid, we lived in the West Burbs of Chicago and they're in Chicago Land, and I grew up listening to eighty nine WLS when it was the premiere Boss Jock top forty radio station in the country. And that's exactly where I got bit by the broadcasting bug. Was being seven years old and listening to WLS on my transistor radio in nineteen sixty six, sixty seven. So I am right there with you.
Speaker 9: That's exactly right, because I grew up in Joliet, uh huh, Illinois.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we were. We were in Naperville and Downers Grove, Oh.
Speaker 9: Right up the road. I mean I used to run track against Naperville. I mean, what what a great little town that is. You know, I still have relatives, my nieces and nephews live in Naperville, and that's just a wonderful, wonderful area.
Speaker 5: So we have we have that in common.
Speaker 9: W LS listening to that station on my transistor radio also, so you know it was that little our RCA radio that we had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had. I had a nine volt to operate a GE transistor right up against my ear. Anyway, Doctor Brady, U, this is this is old Home Week for us. But for the benefit for the edification of the audience, what we're going to talk about the psychological DNA and the cold case analysis of who killed Robert F. Kennedy, And you're talking about breakdown as it relates to modern day assassins or people that are looked at as assassins. Did they act alone and all Lee Lee Harvey Oswald. You know, there were so many things in the RFK case back in the summer of nineteen sixty eight that did not really add up to Sir Han Surhan?
Speaker 3: Is that true?
Speaker 6: That's right?
Speaker 9: I mean, I mean I worked on that case peripherally with the chief psychiatrist, doctor Bernard Diamond. He was my advisor in the Schruel Criminology at UC Berkeley, and he more or less orchestrated the psychiatric defense on behalf of Sir Hand. But as you say, Gary, there were a lot of misnomers.
Speaker 5: There were a lot of issues with that trial.
Speaker 9: The defense kind of drifted into a position where nobody knew exactly where they were going. The doctors had information that were at cross purposes with the primary defense of Sir Hand, which was a diminished capacity the defense that was not a complete psychiatric defense, but it was a partial defense to show that he wasn't one hundred percent responsible for his behavior at the time of the assassination of RFK. The testimony presented by many of the witnesses just counteracted where doctor Diamond wanted to go with his defense and left it very confusing to the jury that kind of just threw up their hands and said, this is all just psychobabble, we don't understand it, and we're going to convict.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right.
Speaker 2: So Lee Harvey Oswald is another obviously interesting character as it plays into assassins or alleged assassins of famous political leaders in this country or famous people in this country. And we never got the chance to really psychologically examine Lee Harvey Oswald, did we.
Speaker 5: See that?
Speaker 9: That's that's good point, Gary, That's probably the point in my book Breakdown, where I compare the mental status of Lee Harvey Oswald with Sir Hand.
Speaker 5: Sir Hand.
Speaker 9: What I found is that lots of people have commented over the years, including forensic psychologists and psychiatrists, concerning their individual psycho pathologies. There's been no real side by side comparison of their of their developmental behaviors.
Speaker 5: And how they got to.
Speaker 9: A particular stage where they took up firearms and wanted to kill the Kennedy brothers. In this book, I go back historically, and as you say, there hasn't been much really done in terms of an analysis or no comparison of these two individuals. So I trace it all the way back to probably about age twelve, where both of these people experienced severe psychological traumas. With Lee Harvey Oswalt, he was placed in a New York guidance center. He was evaluated by a psychiatrist, a psychologist, and a social worker, and the reports that came out concerning his behavior at the time suggested that he had violent potential, violent tendencies, was alienated, was cut off, in the strange.
Speaker 5: From other people.
Speaker 9: His psychological testing at that particular time, particularly using some psychological projective techniques, also showed that he was cut off. He was alien He was a strange from society. He was a strange from his domineering, pretty much crazy mother, Margaret Rete Oswald, who had a tremendous negative impact on his life. When you compare that then to let's look at Sirhan at age twelve, he was embroiled in the same kind of conflict that was going on in Gaza today. So there's a parallel between what happened was Sirhan's developmental years at age twelve, still living in East Palestine East Jerusalem that was later annexed as Jordan, but he saw a terrible violence. He saw people being killed, his brother was killed. He saw body parts, people blown up on the street, He saw people who.
Speaker 5: Were who were dismembered.
Speaker 9: He had tremendous psychological pressures at the same stage, same age as Lee Harvey Oswald did.
Speaker 2: Well, it's kind of no wonder that the so called Palestinian people, whomever they may be, the Arabs that call themselves Palestinian, wind up with that kind of a history, wind up electing terrorists as people to protect and to lead them. It's no big surprise, is it.
Speaker 5: It's some big surprise.
Speaker 9: And the interesting the interesting point, Gary, is that as you look back me history repeats itself. It was the same exact situation happening in Gaza after that October seventh invasion and murder of the Jewish kids at the Rock festival. It was the same kind of pathology that Sirhan faced with belligerents during the time of the occupation of the British, turning it over to NATO to become a separate country, which it did in nineteen forty seven. So there are absolute similarities between what's happening today, what happened then, and the Palestinian government franchise pretty much has remained the same as a terrorist organization devoted to Mayhem, especially.
Speaker 5: Against the Jewish population.
Speaker 9: Sirhan couldn't avoid to be indoctrinated into this ideology of hating Jews.
Speaker 5: This substream of.
Speaker 9: Thought permeated his entire behavior and was well reflected in what we talked about before, which was the trial. During the trial, several of the doctors were Jewish, including doctor Diamond, and Sir Hand continually impaled belittled the jewishness of these doctors that were actually.
Speaker 5: Trying to help him.
Speaker 10: He wanted to to to to not deal with Jewish doctors. He kept he kept calling them, you know, against him, that they were anti Palestinian.
Speaker 5: None of this was true. The team of doctors that.
Speaker 9: Were Jewish of Jewish religion wanted to help him, but because of his hatred that was engendered when he was still in Palestine, really worked at variants with his own self interest to present a defense that might reduce the charges against him to second degree murder that would allowed him to get get parole rather than convicted of first degree murder where he was sentenced to death.
Speaker 3: All right, let's flash ahead to Luigi Mangioti and the Have you found any similar patterns in his development?
Speaker 9: Luigi Mangione I call an ideology tourist. There are so many of these people floating around in society, particularly on the on the dark pages of the Internet, who are looking for causes to tie their existence to or to justify their existence. Mangione was this kind of person, as evidenced by his own manifesto, where he was anti capitalistic, He was anti American, anti healthcare obviously, so his main focus was a destruction of the US healthcare system because he felt it was a a top down system that that militated against poor people denying claims. Even on three of the bullet casings he wrote words of denied delay and deposed meaning denied UH coverage for healthcare delay services, and then in the end deposed people or take them to court to reject their their medical claims. So his his ideology kind of blinded him and sent him into this this.
Speaker 5: Separate mind state where he thought that he was the.
Speaker 9: Important, most important person in the world to be able to change things his Interestingly enough, another person that I that I talk about in my book is Ted Kazinsky, the unibomber ted Kazinsky became Mangione's hero. He he recommended he recommended reading Kazinsky's book on the Anti Society, Anti Capitalistic Society, written.
Speaker 5: Thirty years before.
Speaker 9: So his ideology kind of sprang from from the Unibomber's ideology that was kind of nihilistic to overthrow the certain factions of the country, certain factions of the government. And Mangioni picked up on this during a reading session when he was in exile in in in Hawaii where he hooked up with a commune before he committed this particular crime.
Speaker 2: Oh, you know, and the Charlie kirkshooter, would you would you regard him as another one of these ideological tourists.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think there that with Robinson, there's a similar kind of vein of thought where he was looking for a a way to justify the kind of behavior that he was about to engage in against Charlie Kirk. There's so many factors to that Robinson case, the transsexual issue with the boyfriend, with actually what Charlie Kirk was saying at the time that he was assassinated concerning transgenderism, is probably no coincidence that this is when he fired the fatal shot that killed Charlie Kirk.
Speaker 5: So he was.
Speaker 9: Another kind of lost soul drifting out there looking for some kind of meaning. And there are literally thousands of these people who become addicted to the Internet who seek some sort of existential meaning through the Internet and as an outlet that they want to justify their behavior as being the person who's capable of taking measures into their own hands to change society. So Robinson probably had a naive belief system that by by shooting Charlie Kirk that he was actually going to change something in society, whereas in the end he just becomes a murderer, just like Luigi Mangioni did, although Manngione probably a lot more ahead in terms of IQ points orchestrated and wrote about his belief system in his manifesto that the defense attorney now in New York is trying to preclude from being used as as evidence against him.
Speaker 2: Right, Doctor Brady, I tell people all the time, I'm so glad that I've had this career in radio, so I don't feel isolated and go shoot people.
Speaker 3: I have an outlet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well you.
Speaker 9: Can also you can also talk to me, you know, I'll talk.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that, doctor John Brady. The book is Breakdown Inside the Mind of a Killer, a forensic psychologist that we are proud to have on the program.
Speaker 3: Again. Thank you, doctor Brady.
Speaker 5: And you can get that at Trying Day.
Speaker 9: Publishers are any Day or Barnes and Noble or of course on Amazon or from my website, doctor John C.
Speaker 5: Brady.
Speaker 2: And the title the title, the title is Breakdown. That's right, all right, thank you, doctor. We got to move along, but I appreciate your time certainly, Sir.
Speaker 5: Gary, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: You got it.
Speaker 5: I hope to talk to you again soon.
Speaker 2: Okay, more Nightcap ahead in just moments. Hang on Nightcap on this Monday evening. It's seven hundred ULW Garry Jeff our little interview show we do on Monday and Tuesday nights when the Reds aren't playing baseball, and thankfully they're not so I can work and bring you fantastic guests like our next one. He is a senior science advisor at the CO two Coalition. And if you listen to this program at all over the years, you know that CO two Coalition is based in Washington, DC area. Greg Wrightstone put that together initially and today we have many Derek Shani who is again the senior Science Advisor, And the thing about the CO two coalition is that they just put together actual facts and data and they try and educate the public on what's really going on with the climate or not going on with the climate. No matter what you're told in numerous mainstream sources elsewhere, the fear mongering that has gone on, the false data, the wrong computer models, and all of that monoly. Derek Shauna is a guy who actually, Derek Shawnee is a guy who actually puts together real science based models and data to tell the public what's really going on. So it's great to have you here, and thanks for being on the show. How are you.
Speaker 6: To be great? And it's a pleasure to be here.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me all right, fantastic.
Speaker 2: So, as a senior science advisor, we've been told over and over again the lie that most scientists agree that man made caused, fossil fueled climate change is going to kill the planet and kill us. All the actual evidence is that the Earth is greening, we're not substantially warmer than we were, and that a man made causes as far as affecting the climate are magnificant or to the point of insignificant insignificance. But yet the push is still on by these globalists and people who want the redistribution of Western wealth to support their claim. First and foremost, Bnali, No, science is not Consensus's let's get that out of the way first. There's no consensus that that man made cause global warming is going to be the downfall of it's all in the planet because consensus is not science.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 11: That's also Michael crichteny thanously said, if it's science, it isn't consensus, and if it's consensus, it isn't science.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, what have you found in your most recent research? Is there any new information that the CO two coalition has put together to try and convince people that they need to be paying attention to the truth and not all of the hype and the yelling and the noise it's coming from the other side.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So, in our latest newsletter for the CO two correlition, we expose the fear mongering surrounding the coral reefs, especially the Great Barrier Reef, and the alleged effect that global warming is having on the coral reef ecosystems on the planet.
Speaker 6: So in particular, one.
Speaker 11: Of the main talking points of the climate alarmist mafia is that the Great Barrier Reef or coral reefs globally are suffering and dying off as a result of the increased planetary temperatures, allegedly due to the rising concentration of CO two in the atmosphere calls by also allegedly or caused by us actually, but in fact, if we look at the latest measurement data of coral cover for the Great Barrier Reef, we find that actually in twenty twenty five the coral cover is the highest. It's still in a record high amounts in this forty year period. It's higher than it was in nineteen eighty five, and it's higher than it was anywhere between nineteen eighty five and around two thousand twenty one or so, And so in the past four years it's in the record high in a forty year time span.
Speaker 2: But doesn't this happen over and over again in the history of our planet. Is that there are natural cycles, There are solar cycles, and there is there are periods of warming, there are periods.
Speaker 3: Of great cooling, and we have very little effect.
Speaker 2: I mean, what are the numbers that say human caused climate change is a significant contributor to what our temperatures are and what the Earth does. It seems to me like things like the Great Barrier Reef that you just referenced, which is now a record high in production, is that this is a cycle that has occurred over time, over and over and over again.
Speaker 6: Right, that's absolutely correct.
Speaker 11: And in fact, you see that in the temperature in this coral reef cover data records from going forty years back.
Speaker 6: You see that it fluctuates.
Speaker 11: It oscillates around different values, and now it so happens that it's gone up.
Speaker 6: And there's a certain reason for that.
Speaker 11: A good reason for that because corals actually like warmer weather. They thrive in higher temperatures. They grow faster and higher temperatures, and that's also what we see in the Great Barrier Reef. The warmer areas of the Great Barrier Reef, an area of around one hundred and thirty thousand square miles. The growth rates are faster in the warmer areas and slower in.
Speaker 6: The colder areas. And the temperature.
Speaker 11: Of the planet of planet Earth indeed does vary on its own, independently of what humans are doing, and there's no evidence that the warming over the past forty five or fifty years, or even two hundred years has anything to do with the or anything any thing meaningful to do with the amount of CO two that we are putting into the atmosphere through the burden of fossil fuels. There are many other factors that dominate control over planetary temperatures of Earth, mainly water, vapor clouds, the amount of heat that's put the positives into the atmosphere from various ocean cycles like Almino and other ocean cycle processes. All of these factors play a much much larger role in controlling or regulating or changing the temperatures of the planet then we do through burning fossil fields.
Speaker 2: We keep hearing from all these loud, shrill voices around us that are promoting this man made climate change, that hurricanes and tornadoes and weather is becoming more and more extreme.
Speaker 3: What does the actual data show on that.
Speaker 11: The actual data shows that to the extent that we have data on this, from say satellite records, or from counts or measures of the intensity of hurricanes. Going back one hundred years, we find that the data actually shows that there's been no real discernible change in hurricanes or tornadoes, or tropical storms or anything like that. And this is even admitted, by the way, by the National Ocean and Atmospheric Administration during the Vibing Administration on their own website, they do a detailed study of how hurricane number and intensity has changed going back one hundred plus years, and they conclude that there is no evidence of any increase in hurricane activity or in the hurricane intensity over this time.
Speaker 2: Spin we're talking to Minelli Derek Shawnee from the CO two Coalition. Now, I've heard in previous discussions with doctor Wrightstone and others that we actually have a period of greening going on across the globe, that crop production is up in many cases, and that the planet is becoming greener. Which I don't see that as I don't see that as something that bodes ill for the ecosystem or the Earth, do you, guys, I mean, what have you found.
Speaker 3: Out about that?
Speaker 11: Indeed the planet has been greening. The amount of vegetation, plant life, trees, globally, cover of vegetation has been going up substantially over the past forty plus years as measured by satellites and even NASA amidst this, that this has been happening, and that predominantly this is because humans are increasing the concentration of CO two in the atmosphere.
Speaker 6: Through the burning of fossil fields.
Speaker 11: More vegetation, more plant life means there's more food that can be grown. There's more farmable land on the planet. Places that couldn't be farmed before now can be. They can produce agriculture there, And in general, there's nothing wrong with having a greener planet.
Speaker 6: It's actually a good thing.
Speaker 11: There's no reason to think that that produces any sort of harm to human well being or for that matter, to animal well being. If anything, it helps the animals too, because they have a plenty more food to eat.
Speaker 2: But isn't it also true that the warming that has been occurring, say during the last two hundred years or whatever, has been very gradual and not drastic. Some of their computer modeling, and I say there, I'm talking about the other side of this issue, has told them that we'd have a three point five person I don't know, I don't know the exact numbers on it, but they projected the temperatures to be warming much more than they have been, and their predictions have always been wrong because they're based on bad computer modeling.
Speaker 3: What have you guys found for your own.
Speaker 11: Data, Well, we've found the very same thing. That the computer models overwhelmingly do not correctly describe past changes in global temperature, and nor do they predict future changes in global temperature accurately at all. And a big part of the reason for this is because these models they assume that, in addition to carbon dioxide warming the planet, they assume that water in the atmosphere significantly enhances the warming from CO two in the atmosphere. And when we compare that assumption and the predictions of these models to data from satellite measurements of the temperature of the lower atmosphere, from weather balloon measurements is the temperature of the lower atmosphere, and other data sets, we find that the actual rate of warming is much slower than what these models predict.
Speaker 6: And these models, also, by.
Speaker 11: The way, don't even accurately model or account for the influence of internal variations of the climate, like due to ocean cycles that I mentioned earlier, nor nor.
Speaker 6: The influence of water in the atmosphere.
Speaker 11: So these models are essentially scientifically, I would say, useless for the purpose of explaining temperature changes globally or even predicting temperature changes globally.
Speaker 6: Well, exactly how science should be done.
Speaker 2: No, there's a difference between science and actual facts that you can document and predictions that aren't based in science. And it doesn't relate to your work, the CO two coalition. But it's the same thing. I remember post COVID what Fauci said. He said about the about the six foot rule. Well, you know, after they were preaching it was science. It was science. You had to have six feet of separation to stay safe from the virus. When they said, Brian, he said later, that's just something we kind of decided on. We just kind of made it up and put it out there as science. It's the same thing in many cases with these climate mafia people, is it not.
Speaker 6: It's exactly the same thing.
Speaker 11: For example, this IPCCUN proclamation that we have to avoid one more degree celsius of warming or two more degrees celsius of warming otherwise something catastrophically bad will happen to the human race. That's completely made up. In the same way that the Fauci six foot separation thing is it has no scientific basis whatsoever, and yet it's a complete application for political purposes to scare the public into accepting all of these drastic totalitarian controls on our economies, on our lives, and so on.
Speaker 2: Well, there's someone who's been involved with science all their lives, which I'm assuming you have, you know that science is not consensus, like we talked about earlier. And you also know that whoever's paying for the study will get the results that they want with sometimes very shoddy information and data to back it up.
Speaker 6: Right, That's exactly right.
Speaker 11: And in the case of climate science, it became heavily politicized in the nineteen eighties by Al Gore, the Democrats and activists. Climate scientists like James Hansen and even Carl Sagan is guilty of contributing to this, and ever since it became politicized government funding for climate science research as long as it promotes the narrative that man made CO two emissions are causing catastrophic global warming. As long as the research supports that narrative, they get tons of funding, millions and millions of dollars in government funding. So when you have a politicized science like this. Of course, much of the science is going to say a lot of this propaganda, and it's not going to be about searching for the truth. It's going to be about saying what the ex saying the narrative that is going to lead to more funding and the thay, that's what we've been seeing for the last forty something years.
Speaker 2: Sure, it's all about the Benny's all about the Benjamins. And well, I really appreciate your time. Again, if people want to find out more, You've got several great learning resources I know at the CO two Coalition. Tell folks where they might find out more information in your latest data and finding because science is changing all the time and we discover new things almost every day. To say something is set the science is set is a misnomer as well. So if you would please, mister Derek Shannie, give us a give us a hint on where we can find out more.
Speaker 11: I would encourage everyone to visit our website CO two Coalition dot org so COO number two Coalition all one word dot org, and there you can find information about our organization, information about myself, information about the founders, the Board of directors and also all of our scientific and non scientific publications.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Of course, welcome feedback from your audience.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, and I encourage everyone to go. It's a wonderful website and there's so much real information there. Man, Alie, Derek, Shaanne, thank you so much. And I hope it didn't mangle your name to.
Speaker 6: Ben, not at all. Thank you.
Speaker 3: It was my pleasure, all right, sir. Take care.
Speaker 2: It is a nightcap and we will finish off with the with the wild Man coming up in just a few minutes. Hang on, and I think we're about ready to light the candle and I'll let him blow. It's it's time to finish this nightcap with the wild Man. Wild Man, Walker is back for another bite at the apple if he's done chewing his bacon.
Speaker 3: Wild Man, what's going on?
Speaker 12: Man, I'm just chilling.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 12: You know, I'm happy about the UC Bearcats. I'm happy about the Bengals. With that big win over the Steelers, all is good.
Speaker 2: So I mean, yeah that let's let's dissect that big win over the Steelers. Now five days, hence we've had plenty of time to hear all the other pundits talk about what went on or what didn't go on in the game and how Joe Flacca is now going to lead the Bengals to the Super Bowl. I've heard enough of that nonsense. But what what happened right? And what are the Bengals still need to work on?
Speaker 3: Wild Man?
Speaker 12: What happened right? They were able to run the ball, you know, and anybody knows anything about football, it's elementary. Do you run the football sets up the past. The offensive line has done a good job in the last two games opening up holes for Chase Brown, so that's a good thing. They had a record day. I mean, they were like dead last in the NFL and rushing.
Speaker 6: But I believe they had over one.
Speaker 12: Hundred plus yards in that game. And then also protected Joe Flacco, who gets the ball out quick. And hey, when you got a guy like Jamar Chase and you got a guy like t Higgins, get th ou of those guys and they can't cover both of them, you know, at the same time they try.
Speaker 3: That's why you have.
Speaker 12: Jose of this, and you got a fans you to throw those guys, and then Joe Flacco was smart enough to do that, and you just mentioned about Joe Flacco leading the Bengals to the Super Bowl, and I've read a bunch of nonsense to a Joe and you still got the talking heads and they have no idea what a turftow injury is about. Joe Burrow could be back in the summer. Joe Burrow is not going to take one snap of the rest of the way. It's not going to happen. It's not going to happen. That injury is too severe. That's why Dion Sanders had to retire. But let's say Joe Flacco gets us to the playoffs. You ride Joe Flacco. Go back and look at the history of Earl Morrile, who led the Baltimore Coltch to the NFL championship before they played the Jets.
Speaker 5: He replaced Johnny.
Speaker 12: Unitas and he also did the same thing in Miami in seventy two, replacing Bob Greasy and getting into the playoffs, and then he put Greasey.
Speaker 6: In, who was healthy.
Speaker 12: I mean, Johnny U was pretty much a shell of themself. So Joe Flacco is more than capable, but it takes a whole team to do it, you know, do what we hope they can do. Now, what's the band side. Ben will still have a hard problem tackling and also stopping to run. I mean they still have a hard time stopping the run. And there's some of their tackling is like, oh my god. Do they teach these guys how to tackle in high school? Do they teach him at Pop Warner? I mean, they get to the NFL, you should learn how to tackle. I'll go back to the old thing that Pete Rose used to say. If I have to teach you how to bunt, then you don't belong in the major leagues. And that's the why I look at it this way. You should know how to tackle.
Speaker 2: I agree, you know, And that is one of the most frustrating things about watching the Cincinnati Bengals over the last well gosh, as long as I can remember, they've had a hard problem getting guys who can wrap a guy up and bring him down. And there are a lot of powerful backs that the Bengals have played and will play the rest of the season. You mentioned the running game last Thursday night. The Bengals went from two point seven yards to carry I think to six point one in that game, which enabled Joe Flacco to do those chunk play passes and Lamar Chase, I mean, Jamar Chase look had broke a Bengals record sixteen receptions. No Bengals receiver has ever had sixteen receptions in a game.
Speaker 12: And I run, I run out of words, Gary Jeff for Jamar Chase. How great that guy is? I mean we may be looking, but the greatest Bengal ever. I mean, there's an argument there down the road here and there, but right now, Jamar Chase, it's unreal the stuff that he can do. And you know, not only does he catch the passes, but he breaks the tackles. And once he breaks that tackle, if you don't get him down the first time, he's gone.
Speaker 2: And plus because he is so good and directs so much that the other team's focus on him, it opens up.
Speaker 3: The drawer for t Higgins.
Speaker 2: T Higgins and Josevac and Fant and anybody else who's you know, able to catch a ball. For the Bengals that you know what, they have lots of room to move if everybody is going to focus on Number one the whole game.
Speaker 12: Now, I'll be honest with you. I'll be honest with you. You know that man went back and forth, and it was it was really a game the ages, I mean people people that went to the game, after people.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 12: It was when money Back went to kick the field goal.
Speaker 3: I really didn't want to.
Speaker 12: Watch because I remember last year he missed a couple of them and it cost us the game. But he was so far this year he's really been, he's been.
Speaker 3: He's been back a wild man.
Speaker 2: It was one of those moments where you see the guy with a hand over his face and he just opens up his fingers a little bit so I can peek out of one eye to say God please, you know.
Speaker 12: And then of course, and then Rogers at the end, because knowing has reputation, you know in Hail Mary games. He gets enough time to flink in seventy yards and the ball's sailing and you're thinking, oh no, and our guys are smart enough. I think it was Jordan that got him and knock the ball down. Don't try to catch it, knock it down.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I mean it was a storybook kind of ending, and the wide out at Bay Corps and the whole thing very very raucous. The crowd was into it. I'm at home, I'm into it. Uh And Obviously the Bengals were into it enough to beat a division rival. You know what they haven't They haven't lost a game in the Division two and oh in the Vision. Now they got the Jets coming to town and they absolutely stink oh and seven. I don't know how long they'll stay with their head coach there. You can't look past the Jets because you know the old saying on any given Sunday. But the Bengals are going to be well rested, and now they're going to stick it to the Jets.
Speaker 12: And then you bring the Bears in here. The Bears are not too bad and they can beat the Bears. They go into the bye week with a three game winning streak and I a lot of people will be really happy around here.
Speaker 3: So do Thursday game turn you around on the Bengals season?
Speaker 12: No, not yet, No, no, because there's still there's still some there's still some problems there, consistency, especially, you know, I want to see the old line just continue to do what they did, whatever they've done to correct things, Uh, continue to go. They put a new player in there, and you know you mentioned about tax and they took Brett out of there, out of the lineup. And set him on the bench because this tackle, he couldn't tackle me.
Speaker 3: Well, you're a lot slower than you used to be, wild Man.
Speaker 12: But still he still can't tackle me. He's terrible at tackling, terrible. And I was I wasn't surprised that Taylor Bread was on the sidelines.
Speaker 2: It's hard to get your hands around the wild Man and his scooter. You got to give him that. That's right, that's right, all right. So that being said, you have these two games you talked about. The Bengals are at home, they're playing the Jets, They're playing the Bears, and if they won both, if they won both games, they're above five hundred. Now when a lot of people like me gave up on the season completely.
Speaker 12: Because yes, five and four and going into the bye week, and then the next game after that is the uh is that Pittsburgh And the game after that is back home against New England and who are who are very good team with a coach that knows how to do things. But let's not put the car before the horse. Let's win this game on Sunday. There's no doubt, there is no doubt in my mind, the Bengals will beat the chests, whether they cover, who knows. I don't bet the Bengals. I refuse to bet the Bengals because when I do, I get burned every time. But the Bengals will beat the Chats on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Do you think do you think that the coach of the Dolphins will still be with Miami when they face the Bengals later this season?
Speaker 12: Daniel, Yeah, that's the four hundred and fifty thousand dollars question. That guy looks like a homeless guy the way he dresses. People talk about me and me my T shirt and shorts.
Speaker 6: That guy, you don't have them go coaching.
Speaker 12: He looks like he's homeless.
Speaker 2: I mean, Belichick used to wear the hoodie and won Super Bowls, So you can't really base yourself on how the coach dresses. But and that's the other problem the Bengals have. Zach Taylor is still the head coach, so you know.
Speaker 12: Well, and the game said, Zach Taylor just needs you know, just don't try to get cute. Just continue to coach way he's been coaching. And don't try to get too cute, because I mean to start getting r too cute, get too cute, you end up losing, just you know, just go with what's getting you there, don't you know, don't deviate, don't change horses in midstream. You've heard that line before and that you know and that that applies to a lot of things in life. But you know, to stay with what you got, man, you know, stay with what you got.
Speaker 2: What you got there is Showy O Tani, the new Reggie Jackson, the new mister October wild Man.
Speaker 12: Oh well, Shoe Atani is you know, is in a world of his own. But I'm really heat right now. I don't know if he's the best player in baseball because he doesn't play a position. Okay, he's a designated hitter and he's a picture now and man, he doesn't play a position. And I've heard people say, well, he's the greatest player ever when he when he retires with a lifetime battan average above three forty two, the you come call me, okay, because that's Babe Bruce lifetime battan average three forty two, seven hundred and fourteen home runs, fifteen World Series home runs. I mean, guys, save the game.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 12: You know, there's an old black Sparky Anderson. And to ask me about Thurmont Months and a Johnny Bench. He said, don't embarrassed, sermon monson trying to compare him to Johnny Bench. And this is the same thing, to embarrass uh Shoani trying to compare him to Babe Us is the police, the police wild man.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing that I've always thought, and it drives me nuts every every time somebody puts these superlatives on players, any player from any era, they're the best ever there. The goat is that in every era the game is is different. It's it's it's similar, but it's different. There are different challenges, there are different factors that go into determining who's who's really good.
Speaker 3: At any one given time.
Speaker 2: I mean, did you ever imagine that the major league average, major league batting average would be accepted at like two four and.
Speaker 12: That's I think it's more like two sixty. But still that's pathetic, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: So you know, it's like the comparisons with Lebron James and Michael Jordan. Michael Jordan is still the goat. He's still the greatest of all time. You and I were talking about this, uh before tonight, and here's the thing. This is a it's nothing to diminish Lebron James. You know, he'd be he'd be a good sixth or seventh man on my my team of all time NBA Greats. But he's not going to surpass Michael. He's not going to surpass Mike, Magic Johnson or Larry Bird. You know, there's Kobe Bryant, There's Shack I mean, Will Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, I mean, come on, yeah, Oscar Robertson. Lebron James is Jarry West. Lebron James is this generation's goat, but he's not the He's not the greatest of all time. And the reason, the reason that Michael Jordan will always be better than Lebron James in my mind, is because he truly made the players around him better better every single from Scottie Pippen to Dennis Rodman.
Speaker 3: To think, think yeah, think about this, Think about the centers.
Speaker 2: Think about the centers that Michael Jordan won NBA Championships.
Speaker 5: Win.
Speaker 2: Bill Cartwright was playing on one knee and it was Arthritick. Will Purdue couldn't walk and Chew Gum as a sophomore at Vanderbilt became uh a seven time NBA championship winner because he or or five times. He won with the Spurs too. But he had a great cast there. But but Michael Jordan made every player around him better, And I can't say that about Lebron James on select teams that Lebron was on.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 12: Who's your all time who's your all time starting five in the NBA? Do you have an all time starting five?
Speaker 2: Two MJ's Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, I've got maybe it's a toss up between Wilt and Kareem at center. It just is I got Shaq coming off the bench at the at the center position. And I'm I might have Lebron in the lineup to start, but he might be coming off the bench. Kobe Bryant definitely, uh and uh Oscar Robertson you've got to put maybe you put Oscar in as the coach.
Speaker 12: Well, you got your two bars and you got your center. Who's your two forwards?
Speaker 3: It's an excellent question. I'm talking about Larry Bird.
Speaker 12: I think Burt's gotta be in there, no doubt.
Speaker 2: You know, and and maybe I don't know, maybe Carl Malone and and not not Jimmy Kimmel dressed up as Curl Malone, the actual, the actual Caarl Malone. All right, real quick, I want to get in my plugs for my teams. Wild Man, my banner, my Bannerbilt Commodore six and one, Diego Pavia is a dark horse Heisman candidate and should be the UC bear catser six and one in the Scott Centerfield era, and they're contending for a chance now to be mentioned with all the other teams in the Power conferences who have a shot at the playoffs.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 12: Well, do you see is now ranked twenty one in the AP pole.
Speaker 6: Like you said, there's six and one.
Speaker 12: They won six straight games. Had they played Nebraska here they'd be seven andero. But that was that was a money grab. And they are Bowl eligible and here come the Baylor Bears this Saturday homecoming. The Bearcats will be waiting for him and they should be a seven in one right now. Everything is looking great for the Scott Saderfield those situation because a lot of people were down on him, and I I met, I was one of the guys kind of down on him. But he's got he's got the players. Now, he's got some really good players in that team, and Brandon Staresby has really been playing lights out at quarterback and says where it starts, no doubt, Well, in that game, how about in that game that one hundred yard intercepts a school record?
Speaker 6: Have you on that?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah, I was watching. I saw it.
Speaker 2: I saw it, And you need to watch my Vanderbilt commodoors because they're gonna just make you see diego pobbya play wild Man in your eyes. You're gonna bug right out of your head because the guy's phenomenal.
Speaker 3: He's a game.
Speaker 12: He gave your friend and mine, Brian Kelly, a case of the goo because they just beating that last too.
Speaker 3: I know I loved every second of it. Watched it at the bar, of course.
Speaker 12: Ohio State Paul ver rise wiscon saying Luke Fickle a case of the goo.
Speaker 6: And Luke Fickle, I.
Speaker 12: Know he's on that, he's on the h he's on and I he really is up there. I know the fans have really soured on him, and you know whatever, Well, he made his bet and took his money and ran. I mean, Florida fired their coach. Colorado State fired their coach.
Speaker 6: A couple of days.
Speaker 12: Yesterday, I mean I Dart for getting rid of coaches left and right.
Speaker 3: Wild Man.
Speaker 2: In the words of Ario Speedwagon, it's time for me to fly. Thanks for being a part of the show tonight.
Speaker 12: I loved Rio Speedwag and interviewed Kevin cronin many years ago, Big friendly man, he was
Speaker 2: All right the wild on the nightcap on seven hundred WLW back to wrap up in a moment