Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 5: It's not fair are making plans again.
Speaker 6: It's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 7: Now your pregame host of the World champion La Dodgers tam Cats.
Speaker 3: Happy School Day, and welcome to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck on this Tuesday, August the fourth, as you're back to back World Series champion Dodgers are in Chicago to take on the Cubbies. Dodgers sixty nine and forty four on this season, first place atop the NL West, but their lead is not the single digit. It's just nine games up in the NL West. Dodgers struggling a little bit right now, losers of four and after dropping the series opener in Chicago last night, Dodgers back at it tonight with Trek Scouble on the mound in his Dodgers' debut first pitch from Ridley Field. He is coming up at five to oh five coming up over the next hour here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on det We got a lot to get to. You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. That's coming up in forty five minutes. David Vase checks in.
Speaker 5: Of course.
Speaker 3: Throughout the hour, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Trek Scooble on the mound for the first time wearing Dodger blue. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Charlie Stanner will stop by Shortley. Kirsten Watson will visit with the sports and at LA Reporter. In just a few minutes, we will check in with Tim Neverett and Rick Monday out at the gallopin Ford Broadcast Booth. Well, last night, the Dodgers got into a game of home run derby with the Cubs and came up shorts. Justin Robleski got the starts and the Dodgers, well, they give him some instant offense. The first two batters of the game against Matthew Boyd would reach that brought up Tommy Edmund two.
Speaker 6: On and no out.
Speaker 2: Dodgers trying to strike early against the coachs and Edmund does hits it deep till I failed way back and gone first ball swinging Tommy Edmund his third hole none of the season. A three run shot and the Dodgers jump ball over boy.
Speaker 3: And it's three nothing Tommy Edmund, how about that? A three run shot Dodgers a three to nothing lead. Three batters into the game. You felt like the Dodgers were going to be cruising the rest of the way.
Speaker 5: Up with three to nothing lead.
Speaker 3: However, Justin Robleski, two batters into the bottom of the first gave up a two run home run to Suzuki.
Speaker 5: Just like that, it was three to two.
Speaker 3: Then a two run home running the second, the Cubbies took a four to three lead. Then a two run home run in the third as the Cubbies extended their lead up to six to three. The Dodgers would answer back with an RBI single from Alfonso in the fourth. They made it a six to four game. They were starting to chip away until Michael Bush, former DoD homer to left center field in the fifth as the Cubbies took a seven to four lead. Four home runs given up by Jess Robleski, who went four and a third gave up seven runs, seven hits, walked three, gave up the four home runs through ninety one pitches put the Dodgers in a hole seven to four going to the sixth anyone, ta Oscar Hernandez made a little dent into that lead.
Speaker 2: Then to the show, Tony get thrown out trying to tag from first to second. Now Tioscar swings hits a high drive dupay fit.
Speaker 1: It is over the bleachers and.
Speaker 2: On the Waveland Avenue, a home run for Taoscar Hernandez, his eleventh of the season. It is now a seven to five game as tay Oscar hit that ball four hundred and forty.
Speaker 5: Three feet over everything.
Speaker 3: Tai Oscar Hernandez with an absolute bomb to lof center field, Dodgers cut the lead. It was set seven five Cubbies when the wheels fell off in the bottom of the six They walk with the bases loaded on an overturn strike three call made it eight to five, and then Michael Bush a single to right an air two runs scored. It was a ten to five Cubs lead. They go on to win by that thame final score. Matthew Boyd gets to win. Justin Robleski tagged with the loss, he falls to eleven and three. On this season, the two teams combined for six home runs, four hit by the Cubbies, two hit by the Dodgers. Unfortunately, the Dodgers on the wrong end of it. They fall to sixty nine and forty four. Don't look now, but the Dodgers have dropped four in a row and they've given up thirty runs during that stretch. Tonight they look to get back on track with Terrek Scooble on the mound and his Dodgers debut First bitchm Ridleyfield is coming up in five oh five and with more, Let's head out to the galpin Ford broadcast with as we welcome in Timp Neffett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys, Tim, thank you very much, bright blue skies, over Lake, Michigan and the North side of Chicago. Here in the Friendly Confines once again Wrigley Field, as the Dodgers take on the Chicago Cubs in Game two of this three game series. The Dodgers start that night nine games up on the Arizona Diamondbacks. The Diamondbacks have trimmed the lead with the help of the Dodgers. The Dodgers since July third are eleven and thirteen. Coincidentally, that was the last time Otani pitched in a ballgame. But the Dodgers sixty nine and forty four, have lost a season high time four straight, looking to snap that skid tonight against the Cubs, who are sixty four and forty nine, and the man they'll be relying on tonight, making his Dodger debut and his Wrigley Field debuts. Never pitched here, Trek scouble his numbers in the American League with Detroit seven and five in a two seven nine ERA. He will go against right hander Javier assad who is six and one with an earned run average of three point seven five Scooble. The big story here tonight and the other story The Dodgers have exchanged catchers k Robinson, dfaid Eliezer Alfonso sent back to Triple A and on the active roster tonight Ben Rodvett and Hunter Fidusia, with rot Vett getting the start.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not wasting any time at all. The Doctors need some better catching receiving the ball, and it wouldn't help a great deal to not be able to carry some lumber back to the dugout on that end. Up it's gonna be signing, no question about it with scooball but it comes down to the brass tacks. As you mentioned, the lead now just nine games, first time since June has been single digit lead in the Western Division of the National League. And a strange game last night because three batters into the game the Dodgers had a three to zhing lead, only to lose it by a score at ten to five. And speaking of scores, the Dodgers now they have given up too many runs, losing four in a row. They've been outscored thirty runs to fifteen.
Speaker 2: And you look at the Dodger pitching and the numbers are good overall. However, you mentioned thirty runs in the last four games, including ten last night. Something's got to change there.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And another thing that has to change too is that the balls ran out of the ballpark last night, two of them by the Cubs, two of them also by the Dodgers. But if you look at this Dodger ball club, interesting numbers have stumbled across and not then long ago. You have the last sixteen games since the All Star break, the Dodgers have allowed twenty nine home runs. My goodness.
Speaker 2: For last night as a result of Justin Robluski's pitching, and that's two starts in a row. First time in Dodger history Los Angeles or Brooklyn that a pitcher has allowed four home runs in a game twice in a season, and for Roblusky it's happened back to back. So we expect some different things tonight with Trek Scouoble making his Dodger debut. New in the lineup for the Cubs Tyron Taylor, the former Met. He is now in the lineup for the Cubs after the trading deadline, and he'll make his Cub debut in this ball game tonight. A couple of quick thanks. Tyler Glasnow pitched today in a We Have game with Ontario, went two scoreless innings through another inning in the bullpen. Blake Snell is pitching in Triple A tonight against Salt Lake, the Angels top team. You say, Kakuchi is his mom opponent in that one. He's also rehabbing, So it's two pitchers tonight that are rehabbing, and we may see Blake Snell back as soon as next week. Dodgers and Cubs game two Dodgers looking to get back in the win.
Speaker 6: Call him Tim.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you guys, as we can. You down the first pitch on this Tuesday. Dodger fans, what's your plans for dinner? Okay, your game day meal on it? Shaky's Pizza Parlor sounds good? What are your Shaky's Pizza Chicken to Mojo's right now at Shakey's dot Com. Coming up before first pitch, we're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. David Vets say checks in of course, latest injury news. You got your Dodgers' magical moment, Charlie steinder b By. We'll hear from Kirsten Watson and you're Otani rewind. Next, it's all coming up as we leads up to Dodgers and Cubs from Wrigley Field to Chicago. Happy school day, everybody. Trek Scooble on the mount making his Dodgers debut. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio know what.
Speaker 1: This is?
Speaker 7: Wrongo Casino Dodgers hunting the game.
Speaker 1: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: D's the Dodgers and the Cubs from Ridley Field in Chicago. Trek Scooble on the mount making his Dodgers debut.
Speaker 5: First pitch set for five oh five.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewy.
Speaker 2: To two pitch from Boyd and O'tani. It lifts it into shallow right field over the head of Nico Hoyer can't get it. It drops in for a hit, a well placed single by Otani, and here is two for two.
Speaker 3: Show hey Otani, couple of base knocks last night. He goes two for four now heading two ninety four on this season. A three ninety eight on beast percentage in the lead off spot for the Dodgers. Also scored one of their five runs. Unfortunately, the early three nothing Dodgers was gone in the second Indian Dodger's fall to the Cubbies ten to five.
Speaker 7: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston, Watson.
Speaker 3: And Kirrison now joins us from bringing they Field brought to buy cars for kids. The easiest way to get rid of that whole car. Donate it today, your car could be picked up tomorrow. Donating now Cars for Kids dot org. That's cars with a.
Speaker 5: K Happy schoobl Day. Kirston as he makes his Dodger debut can you believe it? It's funny. I was laughing.
Speaker 8: This is the day we have all been waiting for. I mean since Saturday when it became a real possibility. But honestly, I think kind of like coming into this season, we knew he was going to be a free agent and potential. What happened with the Tigers this year if he didn't sign an extension, there was conversation that there was going to be a chance that he could be dealt, And now we are living the reality. Trek Spoobill is a Dodger. He's putting on his uniform as we speak. He's going to be taking that mound here shortly. And it's kind of funny. I was talking to some of the coaches earlier and Connor McGinnis, one of the pitching assistants and pitching coaches, he was telling me, you did you realize Cresh And yesterday Tarek he came out onto the field. He was doing his warm up and kind of getting a workout in, and he happened to come out with his sleeves cut off. He's a lefty, a similar routine to someone we know very well in Clayton Kershaw and so Connor was like, it's almost like we were seeing the passing of the baton in real time. So obviously that's a very special comparison. And for Terrek, he said that this is going to be his first time pitching here at Riley Field and he's just looking forward to, you know, kind of getting this one out the way.
Speaker 5: He came here to this organization.
Speaker 8: He is a winner very much. So he's a competitor at the highest of levels, and so he wants to be a part of what this team has in mind and going for a three peete and so it starts today for him, just in his journey in Dodger Blue, and so everyone's.
Speaker 6: Very excited about it.
Speaker 8: I have to say there's an energy here.
Speaker 3: No doubt, and behind the plate's gonna be a familiar face, but a new face of this twenty twenty six Dodger team.
Speaker 8: It's funny we've got Ben work fed back. We've got Ben as well as Hunter Fidusha, and these are two guys that are very familiar when it comes to the organization. For Hunter was with the organization for a long time, about seven years before he was dealt the trade deadline last year. Ironically, enough for Ben Rohtvett who came over and stepped in and in a position where it's very similar to this year he came over. There was an injury to Will Smith dealing with that minor hand fraction slash like deep bone bruise, and then you had Dalton Rushing who took the foul ball off of his leg and ended up being on crutches and had to go on to the IL for a sort stent. So this is a situation in which now Ben Wrtvett has stepped back in. And if you remember the first game that he caught when he was with the Dodgers, it was nearly that no hitter in Baltimore. That was an unfortunate ending.
Speaker 5: You don't have to go back to that one.
Speaker 8: But for Yoshinobu, he was excellent, and so Dave Roberts was saying to decide to pair him with Trek Skuble in this one. He just know he felt very confident with what he saw Ben, how he stepped in last year for this team and just the experience that he's had. He yes, maybe this year didn't spend time in the big leagues, but he is a big league catcher. So he has the utmost confidence. So a lot of today was obviously a lot of smiles and seeing a lot of familiar faces, but also seeing everyone, especially on the pitching side, and just that battery truly being locked in and getting ready for this game tonight.
Speaker 3: Can I wait getting closer to first pitch, Kirsten. We appreciate it. We'll check out with you after the game. Still to come. Here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this great pitching matchup. David Vasa will go one on one with the manager, Dave Roberts. But up next an injury report and we'll hear from Eric Lauer Who's gonna be with this Dodgers team the remainder of the season. It's the Dodgers and the Cubs from Wrigley Field in Chicago. Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 7: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: On your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on these Tuesday as we leaves up to first pitch from Chicago Dodgers and Cubs, Morongo Casino Resort and Spa a grand slam for a good times first pitch coming up at five oh five.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Reports.
Speaker 3: It by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. How about some positive news here, Tyler Glass now to shut out innings and a minor league rehab start for the Ontario Tower Buzzers today. Blake Snell making his final rehab appearance tonight for Triple A Oklahoma City.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Eric Lauer in their absence, has been fantastic since coming over in a trade from the Toronto Blue Jays. Eight starts, nine appearances, five and zero with the two ninety six, and the Dodgers didn't trade him at the trade deadline.
Speaker 6: All right. I gave Alex Call the opportunity to roast me earlier today for you know, getting a little too emotional close to trade deadline. And here you are. Eric Lawer is still in a Dodger uniform. So I'm handing the mic to you. Do your work. If you want to roast me, you have the mic.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, here take it.
Speaker 6: Could I usually don't let people hold the mic, but you.
Speaker 5: Can't touch that.
Speaker 9: I can hold the mic. I get to be the guy that talks into the micro Now, all right.
Speaker 10: You didn't know I did a talk shot.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 9: I only knew that you had a mic.
Speaker 5: That was all I knew.
Speaker 9: He gave it to me, he said, I get to I get to have it.
Speaker 6: I've never let rohaushold the mike.
Speaker 1: You want to hold it?
Speaker 11: You want to take a chance, No, I get another one.
Speaker 10: Go ahead.
Speaker 6: Do you want you want to roast me for repeating the fake news that was out there about you being traded.
Speaker 1: No, I can't.
Speaker 9: I mean, I can't be too mad at you for it because it was out there. It was kind of like everybody saw it.
Speaker 12: Everybody knew it.
Speaker 9: It was kind of a real thing. So I mean, I can't be too I can't roast you too bad for it. You were just going off what you saw, and that's what everybody does.
Speaker 5: So I'm sorry.
Speaker 9: I don't have I don't have much to roast you on.
Speaker 6: You're a lot nicer than Alex call. He iced me out for three days.
Speaker 9: I got no I got no reason not to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Thank you. Give back the microphone.
Speaker 3: All right, there's Eric Lauer with David Say. When we continue here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll check in with DV as we leads up to first pitch. Dodgers and Cubs. Terrek Scooble makes his Dodgers debut at five oh five.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim Kates. It's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deach on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Cubs, Trek Scouble, Javier A Sad The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball is brought to you my Alpato born in La Made for your game day. All Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to your table.
Speaker 5: Al Poto Gourmet and a can.
Speaker 7: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David all Right.
Speaker 3: DV here about forty minutes away from first pitch. Tarrek Scooble MA it his Dodger debut.
Speaker 5: What's he like on a game day?
Speaker 6: Well, here in Chicago at the Wrigley Field visiting clubhouse. They did do renovations. It is a little bit more spacious than what the original clubhouse was, but still not a lot of room in there. So when I walked into the clubhouse when the media was allowed in, Trek Scoobel was doing his stretching, warming up his back and doing some arm exercises as well for his shoulder, and I asked Max Munsei something that I was really curious about, is Schoolball as intense as Kershaw was on start day? Because obviously he's at the top of his game back to backside Young Award winner. Munsey told me emphatically, not even close. You can talk to school Ball. You can look him in the eye. You don't have to tiptoe around. A lot more relaxed of a start day routine for school Bowl than it was for Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 3: David is brought to you by a Ford summer sales event. Don't wait hurrying now for the best offers of the year. Go to buy Ford now dot com or you're Southern California Ford Dealer for more information. Ford Official vehicle of Major League Baseball. All Right, the Dodgers have a couple of new catchers, well, new catchers, but really old Dodger catchers, and they're back.
Speaker 5: We'rening Dodger blue.
Speaker 6: Yeah, ben Wartfitt is still doing the grounding. And when he put his shoes and socks back on and was done with the yoga, we had a big embrace. You know when they talk about hug watch. There was some hug watch going on when those two catchers came out, and Ben Wartfitt was excited to be back. But you know, the one thing he said to me, it's so weird, so weird to be back. And also he said, can you believe that me and Hunter Fiducca were treated for each other? I said, yeah, Ben, I'm really aware of that. You know, I'm aware that you were traded for each other and now you're actually teammates. And that's the same thing Hunter Fiducia said to me when we saw each other. He said, yeah, you know, we were traded for each other. We're kind of linked with each other, but we've never met each other before today. So they are the two catchers. Alisira Alfonso and Chuckie Robinson no longer on the active rosters, so rourtfit catches today. Hunter Fiducia earlier this afternoon went out to catch Roki Sasaki's bullpen session. So you would have to imagine that Fiduca may be in line to catch Roki on Friday in Arizona.
Speaker 5: Dave, real quick. People still buzzing about that ta Oscar home run.
Speaker 6: Yeah, including Taoscar himself. I was trying to bait him to get him upset. I said, hey, I think the wind was blown out. He's like, no, okay, yeah, sure it was. And Tanner Scott asked him how far did that home run go? On to Waveland Avenue last night and the sixth inning Taoscar Hernandez without hesitation, four hundred and forty three feet. He knew the exact distance of his home run last night.
Speaker 3: It was a pretty impressive home run. Out about it all right, David. We'll check back you with you just a little bit.
Speaker 7: Dan.
Speaker 3: It's gonna go one on one with the manager, Dave Roberts here on school bl Days. We lead you up to first pitch from Chicago. Up nextra Dodgers magical moment.
Speaker 5: Don't you go anywhere? I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo, Cassino Dodgers, Hunting.
Speaker 1: On your Home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and come from Wrigley Field in Chicago Twentieth Century Studios. The Dog Stars legendary director Ridley Scott returns with a gripping post apocalyptic thriller starring Jacob Lordie, Josh Brolin, Margaret Qualley, and Guy Pierce. The Dog Stars only in theaters and Imax. August twenty eighth, Hit your tickets.
Speaker 5: Now, what dog.
Speaker 6: Without a hot dog? Who wants a hot dog?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment.
Speaker 7: It's Magical presented by Hawfey Hot Tails.
Speaker 3: Dodgers in Cubbies brings back so many memories. How about twenty seventeen the National Championship Series. It was Game two at the Ravine Dodgers in Cubbies tied at one going to the bottom half of the ninth inning as the Dodgers Yassie Old Puigue will get a lead off walk. Three batters later, Chris Taylor walked as well.
Speaker 5: That brought up Justin Turner.
Speaker 13: Turner in the postseason with the Dodgers is twelve for seventeen during the regular season, three walk off hits Turner for the football, the Turner Field.
Speaker 14: It's way back at the wall. Three run, walk off home run for Justin Turner. The Dodgers are up two games to none and they are going crazy.
Speaker 3: Justin Turner made Dodgers Stadium shake with a walk off home run to give the Dodgers a win and came to the twenty seventeen n LCS and to give him a two to oh series lead. This Hofey magical moment brought to by Hofey hot Dogs, Haffey Soakow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hoffy hot Dogs, local and so great. Will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with the voice you just heard, Charlie Steiner. He leads up the first pitch from Wrigleyfield, Dodgers and Cubs. I'm Tim Kats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio.
Speaker 7: Nowhork, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deech.
Speaker 1: On your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 3: Hits the Dodgers and the Cubs. Trek Scooball on the mount making his Dodgers' debut. Time now for the Verson startup as we are thirty minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years, so you could save big. Visit your So Cal Verizon store Today we welcome in Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 12: All right, Tim, is game one hundred and fourteen. These are forty nine games left. The Dodgers now with the second best record in the National League, half a game behind Milwaukee and only a game and a half in front of Atlanta. Having said that, the Dodgers, at sixty nine and forty four, have a nine game lead on Arizona and eleven over San Diego. The Cubs come in in second place in the National League Central, five and a half behind the Brewers at sixty four up and forty nine down. But the story coming into today's game as the Dodgers look to avoid a five game losing streak, is the first appearance for Tarrek Scoobel on the Hill or the Dodgers and boys they ever need him.
Speaker 10: Today.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a big story and there's no infan and butts about it. And for a schoobl he brings in I think a lot of anticipation of what is going to happen. But regardless of how well he pitches, the Dodgers have to hit the ball better. They have to run the bases better. And for Dave Roberts after that loss last night, where they have now lost four in a row, as you mentioned, they've been outscored at that time thirty runs to fifteen, and Roberts said, and I quote, we just can't find a way to limit damage, end of quote. And hopefully that's going to be end of the struggles. In no better time than tonight to start that new trend.
Speaker 12: School Ball has given up eight earned runs in his last six starts combined, the record of four and one in the area of one ninety five.
Speaker 5: Another interesting note about schoobl.
Speaker 12: There's two forty six er since the beginning of twenty twenty three among the best with pitchers with fifty or more starts false games at two point fifty one, then Blake Snell at six, then shohey Otani had two sixty five, and Yoshinova Yamamoto two seventy. So three of the five best ers in the National League are Dodgers. Now they've got to get up their job done. As you mentioned, they're gonna start hitting and fielding too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and what's the story with the Justin Robleski, who was you know four and a third last night gave up another four home run game. That's back to back games. That's eight home runs in the last two outings. And for Rubleski, I mean the last ten and a third innings, given up twelve runs, fourteen hits, and eight of those fourteen have been hit out of the ballpark. And last night the problem was he kept throwing the bone in the middle part of the plate and it kept getting whacked.
Speaker 12: Actually, you go two full starts where they weren't very full. In his last two starts in ERF ten forty five batting average against three eighteen and in ten at a third he has walked three, he struck out eleven. As you mentioned, he eat home runs his last two starts. But apparently he is going to start again on Sunday and then who knows what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we'll find out. You look at Blake Snell, he's not far from rejoining the ball club. The other part, too, is that I got a phone call that Tyler Glasnell pitched a couple of innings a very early game, ten am game in rancho today and got through that one pretty well. So that's another step up. But meanwhile, the Doctor Charlie is we've been watching and talking about they had to play better baseball. I mean, they were outplayed in the series against the Boston Red Sox before coming on this road trip, and they were certainly out played last night. And if you're looking at the Cubs, what gets overlooked from the Cubs. They're one of the truly outstanding defensive teams and they were flashing the gloves last night with good leather.
Speaker 12: And they made a bevy of moves before the deadline, picking up Clay Holmes, Tyrone Taylor, Ryan, Zephyr John and Brax and Garrett. Not to mention, of course, Kevin Gosman, who is their new ace, and he's supposed to pitch this weekend, probably on Sunday for the Cubbies. And so that's a team on the rise and the Dodgers still looking.
Speaker 1: To regain their sea legs.
Speaker 12: So it's going to be Tarrek Schooble making this Dodger debut seven and five on the year two seventy five era when he was in Detroit. Avier Asada is going for the Cubbies lineups in the first pitch coming up in just a bit, Tim, all.
Speaker 5: Right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Baseball is brought to by Uniclo Field, the Dodgers Stadium. Visit unicloded dot Com. Slash us still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. Before first pitch, We'll get you a previous pitching matchup. I'll also get to the keys of the game. But up next the manager Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Cobs. Happy school day, everybody. I'm Tim Kason's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on tap on, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers in Cubbies Trek Scouebel. It is Dodger's debut Baseball brought to by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner the Dodgers Audio broadcast.
Speaker 5: When is Game nine? It's group Night, Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 7: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 6: This is high and tight It's Schooble Day in Chicago. Trek Scooble getting set to make his Dodger debut, and we're in the manager's office for the manager's meeting presented by Downy hun Day with Dave Roberts. Dave, thanks a lot for the time, and how excited are you for today?
Speaker 15: I am. I'm excited like all Dodger fans, and obviously coming off losing four in a row, you know, to have a guy like Terrek take the mound and be our stopper, that's what we're looking for. And you know, this is what I just learned is this is his first time pitching at Wrigley Field, So I think it's gonna be something special for him, not only just to don the Dodger uniform, but to also pitch on Wrigley Field.
Speaker 10: So it's gonna be an exciting one.
Speaker 6: On Sunday Night Baseball, it was not a game. You had just removed Emma sheehan from the game, but when you got back to the dugout, he was waiting for you. What's been the interactions like so far with Dave Roberts and Trek Skouoble.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that was quite the juxtaposition.
Speaker 15: You know, you're giving up homers and you're not feeling good about the game, but then you turn around then you see Trek Scooble, So that certainly put a smile on my face, and you know, we were starting to build slowly. I think that him getting into town early to do his Day three lift, to meet the guys in the dugout, spent a couple of days with them, and then get on the player plane, I think was great for his kind of assimilation with the guys, and I think for me just little chats here there and obviously gearing up for today, so you sort of leave him alone. But he is a lot more talkative and present than you know other starting pitchers. Not name Clayton Kershall, named Clayton Kershall, but no, he's great, excited to be here. But I think for me, he just wants to get this first one out of the way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's funny. I just asked Max Munsey if Scooble is Krushaw like on start day. He said he couldn't be from the further of Kershaw.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 15: And that's the funny thing is that even Clayton admitted that he's like and you guys are gonna love him. Doc, You're gonna love him. And he's more normal on his start days than I was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was worried to look at Kershaw on the eye. So I've been traumatized. I don't look at anybody in the eye on start day.
Speaker 10: No, I hear. You never know.
Speaker 15: And these starters it's once every five six days, and so they get this adrenaline, this emotion, this focus and get pretty irritable. And you know, Clayton was one of those guys that I remember playing with Kevin Brown when I played with the Dodge, and he was that way where you just you know, you want to get that kind of five foot radius and stand clear.
Speaker 6: It's interesting how certain guys get ready for start days that are really good pictures, like Yamamoto, like a Schoobal. You've seen so many. Like you said, is there at a certain point in time. I'm a switch that flips before the game begins.
Speaker 15: It does, But I think that some guys it starts, you know, right when they get into the parking lot, you know, at the ballpark, and it's that intensity, and some guys it's a slower burn as you lead up to the game. When they get their stretch, they start playing catch. And I think the thing is, though, is that it's just got to be natural and organic, because what happens is that if you try to manufacture that focus, that intensity too early, that expends energy. And that's something that I have seen with young pitchers that you got to be who you are.
Speaker 10: You can't have it too contrived.
Speaker 15: There's certainly got to be a level of focus, but I think that you got to be mindful of expending too much energy.
Speaker 6: Dave can't wait for first pitch Trek Scouoble taking the Mount tonight at Wrigley Field. Thanks as always for the time.
Speaker 10: Thanks Dave Love it can't wait till next week.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, baby, Dave Roberts has been our guest. And don't forget we're in the thickest summer. And if you don't have a medical emergency, it's a risk. Be ready with an urging care kit, say forty five dollars at checkout with code blue at urgincarekit dot com slash blue. We'll send it back to you, Tim.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 3: They sat Dave and David leading up to first pitch. It's the Dodgers and Cubby's up next, We're gonna dive deeper into this pitching matchup from the North side of Chicago.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio, Nework.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: HiT's the Dodgers and Cobs, Game two of this three game set from Wrigley Field in Chicago.
Speaker 5: First pitch come up at five O five.
Speaker 7: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 5: Brought to you by your Toyota Dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 3: Javier Asad on the match six and one with the three seventy five e twenty nine year old right hender in his fifth season on the big leagues, making his tenth start, nineteenth appearance. He's pitched out of the bullpen, but up and down from triple A last time out four and the thirds, one run, six hits, six strikeouts and a no decision against the Cardinals. He's got a one to fifty ero ray over his last five appearances. That's three earned runs over eighteen innings. He has made two career appearances one start against the Dodgers, a thirteen to fifty era. He faced the Dodgers in relief on April twenty fifth this season at Dodgers Stadium. Allowed six runs on two hits with two strikeouts, and his lone career start in twenty twenty three at Wrigley Field, he recorded in no decision. It's Trek scooble Day makes his Dodgers' debut. The twenty nine year old left hander, acquired Sunday at the trade deadline, makes his major Dodger debut after making his major league debut in twenty twenty back to back Cy Young Award winner twenty twenty four to twenty twenty five. His first start with the Dodgers, twentieth overall this year. Last start with the Tigers game last Wednesday in Detroit, six and two third innings, three runs, four hits, six strikeouts and a no decision. He's making his first career start at Wrigley Feel. He's owns a one to one record against the Cubes with a four to twelve rray. Trek Schouble makes his Dodger debut. Dodgers and Cubs were fifteen minutes away from first pitch.
Speaker 5: Keys to the game. Next. I'm Tim Kates at the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio.
Speaker 7: Know this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap.
Speaker 1: On your home for the Blue all Season log.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Cubbies. Trek Scuoble makes.
Speaker 5: His Dodgers' debut.
Speaker 3: Because we get you ready for the start of the game with the SUPPORTO start great moment, Start with Sapporo Beer.
Speaker 5: Whatever your taste preference.
Speaker 3: Soporo has you cover with the ridy, crisp and refreshing Loggers including light and non alcoholic beer.
Speaker 5: Soaporo, good with sushi, Great with baseball.
Speaker 3: Back out to the booth one final time, Tim Neverettrick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 2: Tim, thanks very much. We're counting you down to the first pitch tonight at Wrigley Field. The Dodgers and the Cubs and all eyes on Trek's Schooble. And you know it's a big day when the dugout is completely full. During the manager's presser yesterday, Trek scoopbel met the press that room was full. They had to get a special room to accommodate everybody. It's a big deal tonight, not only is on local television, but it's being picked up on national television.
Speaker 10: Two.
Speaker 2: What do you think of Trek Skuble on the mound for the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Well, you're looking at a two time signing Young Award winner in the American League. I would just tell Trek Scooble hein just be yourself. I mean, he's never pitched here at Wrigley Field. Doesn't matter. You make good pitches, it's gonna work. But the last six starts he's allowed just eight runs eight earn runs totaled, and that's over thirty seven innings. I mentioned earlier the Dodgers the last sixteen games had allowed twenty nine home runs. Well for scoobl he has not allowed a home run over his last four starts.
Speaker 2: Scooble has a two point four to six ERA since the start of twenty three, which is the best among pitchers with fifty or more starts in that span. Paul Schemes with the Pirates second at two fifty one, but the rest of the top five Blake Snell, Shohei Otani, and Yoshinobu Yamamoto. So the Dodgers have four of the top five ERA guys since twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Three, Javier Assad on the mountain for Chicago. The Dodgers need to figure out how to jump on that fast ball. Throws it a lot, and since well, really the month of July five games, three of those starts, Ason has an ERA in just one point five and giving up just two home runs over those five games.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Cubs coming up from Wrigleyfield.
Speaker 3: Tim all right, we'll keep an eye on what happens over in the desert tonight as the Diamondbacks play hosts of the San Diego Padres. Don't look now, but Arizona is only nine games back in the division they've won six of their last ten. Padres only eleven games back in the Western Division of the National League, as they have won eight of their last ten. So the Dodgers need to get back on the winning track.
Speaker 5: Snap this four game losey streak.
Speaker 3: No better guy to have on the mound than Trek Scoogle making his Dodgers' debut. Dodgers Cubbies, this has been Morogo Casino. Dodgers on deck on your back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network