Speaker 1: Bonus Bucks is back on KFA N nine chances for do you win one thousand dollars every weekday, that's every hour from nine a mfl five pm. To learn more and enter the keywords at KFE dot com. Bonus Bucks is presented by big deck dot com.
Speaker 2: You got that right, Welcome back back at morning show. Thomas is over there and now Ben Lieber as well, both of them in the main studio. I serious conversation, really.
Speaker 3: Ben, do you want to wait thirty six minutes to Vikings News? You want to just rip the band aid off and say what you said when you walked in.
Speaker 4: No, I think we should just talk about it now, because yeah, I get you going.
Speaker 5: I Straatenich.
Speaker 4: You guys got me going because it was it was on my mind. It was a yesterday when it kind of went more newsy and headliney, and then you guys brought it up, and I heard the excitement from everybody in the room. I don't was there one person that disagreed. No, We're all yeah, yeah, yeah, So let's just go for it.
Speaker 6: You'd be all in on Baker, you guys.
Speaker 4: You guys know how I feel about Baker. And then then I'm watching the Quarterback Series and I just said how likable is he just end up liking him more.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just this weird obsession with him. That's health.
Speaker 5: And think of this.
Speaker 3: If Kyler takes off, great, If JJ resurrects his career, great, But if they both fail, then we just figure out a way to get him over here. Trade, beg borrowbe whatever it takes.
Speaker 4: Well, don't you think with his brief stint in Los Angeles with McVeigh and had him been like just a taste of what maybe Koc can do. You know, that's when you watch the Quarterback Series, he basically is like I needed I need that little pit stop to like find the fun in football again. And then he goes off and goes to Tampa. So I'm hoping that maybe he looks at that and says like, oh, I can do the same thing with Koc in Minnesota, with that organization, with their weapons and all that stuff. Yeah, I'm gonna go there.
Speaker 3: The market would be massive, though, right, You'd have to fight off a lot of other teams that are desperate for quarterbacks. And again, if they tag him, then what are you gonna have to trade to get him out of there, so they let him go.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but something fun to talk about. Maybe it go south.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and who knows, I mean, maybe they have maybe they have an amazing season. Maybe they they start hot and stay hot, and maybe they're a playoff team and maybe they're pushing for the super Bowl. If that's the case. And I think that he just signs this franchise tag.
Speaker 5: What made you love him like so much? In college?
Speaker 7: Remember you were the guy that you that was like your best call ever?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was Baker. I don't know. This just sounds.
Speaker 5: Simple.
Speaker 4: I guess because at the time I was doing I was doing a lot of college football, and I was doing a lot of Big twelve. Did you go to his games? And I didn't call one of his games? I guess I just end up watching a lot of his film.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 4: And then so I started to push back at a lot of the critics saying that while he's just a scrambling quarterback and he's just like a gimmick guy, and I and I was looking at his game film saying like, I disagree one to eighty. I think that he's actually a really good quarterback, and I think that he actually does play within a system and he's not just a system guy that you can see him literally going through the reads and trying to break down defenses and you know, obviously not to the level of what he's probably doing now at the NFL level, but for a quarterback level where he was an ast quote unquote system and all this other stuff, and they're like, well, it's easy, it's kind of air raid and I'm like, yeah, but I feel like they're doing more with him, okay, And then I would hear when you're doing interviews and all this other stuff like just how much of a dog he is and how much loves him. Yeah, And then I said, well, I feel like he's just got he just oozes natural leadership instincts. And then you kind of couple that with like potential of what he can be doing and when he's playing playing quarterback NFL. So I don't know, I think it just in that draft class, I'm like, I think that he's the best quarterback.
Speaker 6: Yep, that's that is I opinion.
Speaker 7: I just remember like he got a lot of Johnny comparisons because it was close to Johnny time.
Speaker 4: Well, I I know, and I think that's part of the narrative that I pushed back on because I thought that was just a lazy take.
Speaker 8: Very I just thought that it was like, Okay, you have a running Yeah, you have a two white running quarterbacks that are stature wise similar and got the party guy vibe do him Yeah, And don't get it wrong, Baker had a little bit of red flags to him.
Speaker 4: I think that persona in that energy that he carries all the time. Clearly when you're eighteen, nineteen, twenty years old in college and you're drinking and doing stuff. I mean, the video of him running away from the cops is actually quite funny. Oh my god, I can't break his hip hop, break his faaus on the retaining wall. Yeah, and that was with you guys when he when he grabbed his crotch. I think it was against the Jayhawks Kansas against Kansas, I'm like, who cares, he's.
Speaker 5: A dog, he's a college football.
Speaker 6: They were, they were intentionally getting under his skin.
Speaker 5: Remember, they didn't the little kids didn't shake his hands. The little kids didn't hand.
Speaker 6: They told the kids not to shake.
Speaker 4: Obviously the players didn't shake his hand, but they were trying to get under his skin, and he.
Speaker 6: Just he took it personal any way.
Speaker 4: I yeah, and then he went off, he's a dog that was just so stupid by Kansas because they were not a good football.
Speaker 9: Yeah, terrible, Okay, what.
Speaker 10: The hawk.
Speaker 5: Jaw?
Speaker 4: Anyway, guess Baker, that's great.
Speaker 5: I was a cabin Benny.
Speaker 11: You know, you know, I like I like how when I was or I was listening earlier, you're like, I'm sorry, guys, I this all over the place.
Speaker 4: You recognize it, but you're still leaning into it. I think it's great, thank you.
Speaker 5: It's just one of those days. I don't know. I just the guy.
Speaker 3: Asks a lot of questions. Most people just wait for their turn to talk. Tommy wants to ask about other people, and I appreciate that. There's more about other people's flats on his own.
Speaker 7: Didn't you have a feature in like a magazine about your place or something?
Speaker 6: We did?
Speaker 9: I've got a copy of it summer.
Speaker 5: What is the magazine called hawks?
Speaker 9: Sluts and.
Speaker 6: Sluts?
Speaker 9: And I don't remember. Helped me out what is it?
Speaker 6: I think it was a Sluts and Butts?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't describe.
Speaker 5: Said you check a lot of it. They just checked out. Don't you guys have a name for it like my little cabin or something.
Speaker 6: My little pony. No, don't you have any Once you a little closer so we can get.
Speaker 5: UGent. Friend, the cabin's good?
Speaker 3: Is that your Is that your idea in November for the power trip is that you two just make out on the Vegas trip?
Speaker 12: Well, I mean two more Weshes and a cigarette, I'd be good.
Speaker 5: No, No, I gotta go to the reason I bring up the cabin.
Speaker 7: Right, all right, I think sure you guys don't winterize it. It's good for the year. It's yeah, it's four seasons.
Speaker 4: Okay, what if we did like a winter not inviting you to my cabin.
Speaker 2: I know, hear me out here, hear me out they're gonna be that lucky for you, brother, hear me out.
Speaker 5: Here, hear me out here. Yeah, you two get snown in.
Speaker 12: No, we all were like, we all were like like comfies, like sweatshirts or like pajamas, and we all go up to Benny's little old cabin in the winter and we have like a New Year's Eve party or like a Christmas party.
Speaker 6: You know what they do. You know what they do on our lake. You know what they do in our lake.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, I think it is always over Super Bowl weekend, which it doesn't really matter because I guess it's on Saturday and not Sunday night. They have probably the largest largest ice fishing contest in the Really, it's massive.
Speaker 6: A lot of people go, a lot of people go.
Speaker 4: They have tense band music, food, I don't know, hundreds and hundreds of ice houses out there.
Speaker 12: Dude's galore, dudes galore, that's great for them.
Speaker 6: Lots of flannel.
Speaker 5: Not looking for those dudes. I would just be more focused on, like the fifteen hours going up there and having a little party, little shindig. We'll get together. You know what, if I had a New Year's party, it'd be fun. You're a party thesaurus.
Speaker 12: But if we did, if we did a New Year's Eve party, because we're all kind of getting to that old era now where like it's not fun going out and we all.
Speaker 5: Just go to a cabin, I think it'd be really fun. It's a power trap, you guys. It would be fun. You know, that'd be fun.
Speaker 3: We could all party up at a cabin, a homestead of dwelling, ye, a little little cabin.
Speaker 7: But a good thing about Benny's We won't all have to sleep there. It's close enough to get an uber home. It truly, is it?
Speaker 13: Truly?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 4: I think finding a group of ubers.
Speaker 5: You said we wouldn't all have to see Yeah, I did throw myself in that cat.
Speaker 14: Outwas bell.
Speaker 10: I really can't stay.
Speaker 3: We want Tommy's going to turn Ben's cabin into misery and break Ben's legs.
Speaker 7: I can't leave, you know, that'd be fun though, if we did go up there, it would be fun.
Speaker 5: That'd be really fun. I would love it.
Speaker 4: We focus on, let's focus on trying to get together here in the Twin Cities, as we've been trying to do for a how many years?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 7: I mean we are going to be together that now we can talk about it in Vegas. We are going to be together at least for a night, you know, well, all of us will be there for a night or two together, right.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, Because Ben and Chris are the short time because they have to leave for the vikings in Mexico City. But you guys are going to be there or whatever close to forty eight hours. The rest of us are going to be there, like seventy two plus.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that'll be right.
Speaker 5: At least so fun. Yeah. Have you been to Hogs in Heifer's Score? Oh is that your cabin? No, it's a bar downtown. It's the best bar in that are.
Speaker 10: Have you been to the new one?
Speaker 5: No, I have not. I have only been to the old one.
Speaker 10: Because that's that's what I'm worried about. I hope they keep that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was only it was cash only bar, one of those places.
Speaker 1: The bartenders insult you. They're all hot. Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 6: Are you there for the Hogs or the Heifers?
Speaker 5: Either way? Combo platter. Then we'll take a direct flight to QS. We'll call it today. Let's do the news.
Speaker 2: My friends at the Saint Paul Saints, Saints Baseball dot com, Saints Baseball dot com, and they'll be back on the fourth of August to play Louisville seven or seven. Start your weekend off of the bang Hsie.
Speaker 3: Speaking of the Saints, this is kind of a spoiler for sausa sports segment.
Speaker 6: Next.
Speaker 3: You know, the Twins lost Yes City to the Royals and Randy Dobneck was on the mound for the Royls. Remember Randy, Oh yeah, right, dude, so he hadn't won a baseball game in five years, hadn't registered a win in the majors since twenty twenty one. I had forgotten that most of the last four plus years had been with the Saints.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just you know, very short stints.
Speaker 3: With the Twins and then he would get sent back then, but the vast majority of his time the last four years with the Saint Paul Saints. Then he beat the Twins yesterday. Good for him, that's a good fea.
Speaker 6: He looked like Cy Young yesterday.
Speaker 5: Did he go off?
Speaker 14: Yeah, he went gave up no runs, no runs, that's pressure hit struck out for when sevent I don't know, it's pretty good, long time.
Speaker 5: Don't know him personally at all. Happy for him. Yeah, good dude, Yeah, that's really cool. I think he's from here, right. Is he a Minnesota guy?
Speaker 6: I think so? Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hell no, really, I didn't know that. I think, yeah, hey, while you look at up their court, do we know what.
Speaker 6: What is a nice in Pennsylvania? What's a baseball player make? Really? If you're just if you're just in Triple A Saints.
Speaker 5: I looked as I went to Saints game the other night, I looked this.
Speaker 6: Up, So do you care to share with the class?
Speaker 5: I saw a number, a pretty low number.
Speaker 4: Because these really kind of like crazy careers where they bounce up and down the minor leagues and then they finally, after you know, a dozen years, ended up.
Speaker 6: Making the major leagues.
Speaker 4: Like, obviously it's enough to sustain yourself, but it can't be that much.
Speaker 5: So is my cousin Molly.
Speaker 7: She married a pitcher who bounced back and forth and played like the Saints.
Speaker 5: And then when you get up you get.
Speaker 7: MLB minimum the moment you get up there, so then you go back and then you go back to triple A pay so you bounce back and forth.
Speaker 5: But the exact numbers is I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, you.
Speaker 7: See a lot of crazy stuff online, not even.
Speaker 5: Saying that stuff, but like.
Speaker 7: So I can't answer the question, but I know you get rookie minimum or league minimum when you go to MLB whenever.
Speaker 6: You get pulled up.
Speaker 8: But that's not like a per game, right, but like if you're up there for a game even or an inning, you.
Speaker 6: Get to two weeks, right, got you? Yep?
Speaker 7: All right, chs Fields still got it.
Speaker 5: It's so good, That's what sheese and a dog ata sweethe This is a fun new game.
Speaker 3: You know, sometimes during Sauces sports second, I'll just wait to see how long it takes Sauce to remember that it's his turn to keep talking. Now, it's kind of fun if we just enjoyed the silence for a couple of seconds. It's what will Tommy transition to? And I don't mean like that, I mean from a broadcast perspective. You know what what is next in your mind?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 5: Can you transition to the news about six minutes ago? Yeah, yeah, no, I'm you guys. Today it was just I don't know. I have a lot of caffeine. I'm really happy today. This is the season.
Speaker 7: We're less than a month away from college game day, which is fantastic.
Speaker 12: Had six shots of espresso, six shots of espresso, and then went and worked out, then had approtein shake and now I'm on this is my second energy.
Speaker 6: Where you worked out today?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 3: It up?
Speaker 5: Three oh five? Maybe day Canon? What what just happened? For days? I am all for all my old dogs down.
Speaker 10: There another box checked.
Speaker 5: Yes, no, those are all my old teammates from day Kens.
Speaker 3: So wait a minute, though, so much like I told you, earlier, like when my alarm goes off, I'm listening to Ben Maller and in the shower, within like thirty to sixty seconds, I'm not wasting any time.
Speaker 6: I'm up and going, yeah.
Speaker 5: How fast in your day to these six shots go in?
Speaker 7: Well that's the thing, right, So this morning I felt like I was like when you beat the alarm and you turn alarm off before it goes on, I'm.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, today's I got up.
Speaker 7: I get up and Norman and I go into my other room and the six shots are sitting there.
Speaker 5: So the six.
Speaker 3: Shots the night before, room temperature, room temperature, and so six shots and then the rest of.
Speaker 7: The cups filled with normal coffee just to fill it up like an ultimate depth charge.
Speaker 5: So you take that gol, chug it and we're talking.
Speaker 4: So we're hopefully I didn't step on that. So we're talking, your alarm goes off and you're chugging this espresso.
Speaker 5: Yeah how much? Don't look at my phone, right, so it's put on.
Speaker 6: See we're talking like less than five minutes.
Speaker 5: After pee and then from the pee.
Speaker 7: To there, yeah, less than two minutes, because then I changed into my workout outfit and then Norman and I do my prayers and meditate for about forty minutes, get to the gym by four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've done more today than Sauce has done all week.
Speaker 5: Like that's insane. How packed your morning is? Yeah, it's good. It's very efficient. We get wrong, man, Yeah, you don't. You're you're not wasting a lot of time. It's fun, it's good, it's great.
Speaker 4: How do you not fall back asleep when you're meditating for forty minutes?
Speaker 7: That's kind of the good thing, though, you actually feel the caffeine and hit your body. It's insane, like, well, you had six shots because like Norman and I are like, you know, going by.
Speaker 9: The way everybody that's his dog.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so Norman's and were doing the meditation and then by the end of it, like you're ready to go.
Speaker 5: I'd highly recommend it to everyone. He's into the morning.
Speaker 2: I can ask a highly inappropriate question, but I would only ask you, Yeah, how many times you cleaned the pipes this morning?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: Zero? I'll tell you off air.
Speaker 6: Why, oh what?
Speaker 9: You might as well just tell us.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, you guys will say I probably when I leave, but he'll be here tomorrow.
Speaker 5: It's going to lead my sports stories.
Speaker 7: No, so yeah, then then go flare up, then go work out and then getting the sound of by five, work the shower, shave.
Speaker 5: And then come here.
Speaker 6: You say, work the shower, No.
Speaker 5: Workout the shower shave.
Speaker 6: Get here.
Speaker 5: Don't you shave top to bottom? On Fridays Mars a big day. So I really got to wake up extra early tomorrow because I'm coming in here at seven.
Speaker 7: Thirty, So I got a fresh I'll look like dolphin boy coming in a box?
Speaker 5: Does that?
Speaker 9: Because of your blowhole?
Speaker 5: Who we call my uncle Jeff.
Speaker 7: He goes by chief Chief or a dolphin boy because I don't know.
Speaker 6: Chief.
Speaker 5: We call him that because he thinks he's like he owns the room. And dolphin boy because he shaves his head topped it down, top down. My eyebrows and everything, eyebrows and everything he.
Speaker 7: Does not no, not eyebrows, but like he shaves what I don't know. We call him dolphin boys probably, I mean we call him dolphin boy.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 6: To round this out, what time you go to bed last night?
Speaker 5: I was in bed.
Speaker 7: We had to watch the House of Dragon last night, so we got in bed at seven.
Speaker 6: I was sleeping by about eight thirty.
Speaker 7: Wow, yeah, so I got my seven hours.
Speaker 5: No wonder you can get up? So yeah, well yes, I said, dinner made. We were watching it on TV trays. You guys got TV trayce.
Speaker 6: That's cute. No, I do love that though. It's great.
Speaker 5: I got home at five. She's waiting for me. Norman at the door. It's the best.
Speaker 9: It's the best again, Norman is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Norman leaves them.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I good to see a normous Yeah. I actually I had a big FaceTime meeting last night.
Speaker 7: My friends all we had I am I'm there officiant, so we had to go over there const.
Speaker 6: When is that I'm marrying them?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 6: Two weeks. M a little nervous for that.
Speaker 5: No, I've done. I did Eddie and Cam.
Speaker 10: Yep and cry.
Speaker 12: I hugged Eddy a little extra tight that day.
Speaker 5: I told you guys this because like when I didn't came.
Speaker 7: When I introduced them at Cowboy Jack's, we walked up with a cherry bomb and then instead of like lighting a candle or anything, we made a cherry bomb before they got married up at alter It's pretty cool, and we all took a cherry bomb together and then I cried a little tear when I walked down there.
Speaker 10: Does anyone besides me have any problem getting we.
Speaker 5: Happy New Year? I ejected my own officiating that day.
Speaker 9: Don't do it, don't do it.
Speaker 5: That's great my level, great song.
Speaker 10: Great song.
Speaker 3: That was the news Sports after this uh More with Ben Lieber and Dolphin Boy, after this Trim morning show on the fan.
Speaker 6: Hi, it's Martie Gallner here for Mini Leaf. You know, I'm not typically a morning person, but.
Speaker 1: It shows to the Ledge Amphitheater this year. John mullenniy will be there in a few weeks on August twenty second. Black Label Society on September twenty fifth. At the complete details on all of our upcoming shows on the concert page. I can't feed that.
Speaker 2: Concure calendar August fifteen, thirty eight Special Man, Come.
Speaker 5: On now, what time will that be?
Speaker 2: I don't even We probably going like a seven seven thiry, but it's gonna be great. Please the ledge Amphitheater. Come on down, man, get there early. Watch the opening band. It's gonna be fun. Three Especial Rocks. Hold on loosely, baby, you know, just start darting yourself.
Speaker 5: My god, you can't.
Speaker 9: Say that I think. I know it's clean. I'm not sure I know what it means.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, I try to learn from you.
Speaker 9: Let's see what happens.
Speaker 15: Tell me minus home coming here with the clipboarder drew up a play for real, he did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a play that invented the triangle.
Speaker 14: Literally said something that got Zach to take his hat off and say a few words.
Speaker 9: He did say a prayer of some Yeah, Vegas is gonna be fun.
Speaker 5: Vegas is gonna be all time.
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 5: I cannot wait.
Speaker 9: But okay, we ran for one of us. You right for sports?
Speaker 10: Yeah? Yeah, yeah?
Speaker 6: Do it?
Speaker 9: Hold On's wrong.
Speaker 2: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, brought to you my circa Sports Circa dot com.
Speaker 14: This was announced about forty minutes ago, but the Minnesota Timberwolves and dizone launch a new direct to fans streaming uh. The Minnesota Timberwolves announced a new local media rights agreement with the Zone, naming the Global Sports Entertainment Platform as the franchises new exclusive home for timber Wolves basketball across its local broadcast.
Speaker 9: Here is that how you say it?
Speaker 5: Youz yeah?
Speaker 10: Is it really?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 5: Zach?
Speaker 1: Are your thoughts Yeah, the Zone was the company that could have potentially saved fandual Sports Network, but the deal fell apart, so ironically the Wolves end up there anyway. Yeah, it's gonna be an interesting it'd be interesting to see how they with their approaches. But it's the Wolves, and I think I don't know some other NBA teams that they'll be handling the productions of and but hey, that's uh, that's that's the future man streaming baby. But I think that I'm sure he'll still be on TV somewhere here here and.
Speaker 5: There so every once in a while, right, not all.
Speaker 14: I think it's said at the bottom of the story there will be fifteen like free games, how much for scripture subscription?
Speaker 5: Did you say no, I don't see it here on this story.
Speaker 15: I am that's seeing the I think it depends because the Zone has multiple there's like box thing. It started as a big thing for a big hub for boxing and combat sports, and they also have like La Liga, Premier League and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: FanDuel last year, do you know Maxi or Bally you mean the cost of it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think it was nineteen nine a month or something like that.
Speaker 14: But do you think Zacho, like one of the cable companies that have it.
Speaker 10: I'm sure, Well that's that's the thing.
Speaker 1: I'm reading this right now and obviously these are all new new details, but I'm not seeing anything about uh, it's its own thing.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, it's like it's like its own app and kind of thing.
Speaker 1: I think like care Levin or one of the local TV stations will have like some games on the actual TV, but that's not listed in here at all.
Speaker 2: It's interesting because I think it sounds like Flow Racing, which used to be just racing announce Flow and they have all these different sports. But the snowcross is live all day long on Flow Racing. You can watch it on your computer or even on your TV on Flow, but the actual show, it's show is on CBS Sports Network, so you get the full day of competition on Flow if you buy that subscription. So I wonder if it'll be like piece rate like that, certain things you can see in different spots, and maybe that is the future for you know, sports that are in the NFL.
Speaker 5: Well, said Zacho. Macklin.
Speaker 14: Celebrini signed a five year, ninety four million dollar extension, making him the highest paid player in the NHL.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's the real deal. The Sharks. By low on them, I mean the even low.
Speaker 1: At this point, they're going to be a force to be reckoned with, and maclin is the main reason for that. He did some damage of the wild last year and there was not a lot of laughter at Grand Casino or in the arena when he had the fuck. I think he might even scored like an overtime winner if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 10: So good for him.
Speaker 1: Highest paid player the Caps rising NHL is getting more money. And yeah, these numbers that are obviously I mean tiny in like NBA in NFL and even MLB numbers, but this is huge for hockey and it's good to see.
Speaker 9: Good for him.
Speaker 10: The twin years old man kenty.
Speaker 14: The Twins lost four nothing to the Royals with Randy Dobnik on the mound. He got his first win in five years. He went seven scattered, four hits, no runs, struck out four. Joe Ryan went six scattered, eight hits, gave up four runs. Your twins are fifty four and fifty five. They battle the Royals today at twelve forty. Bailey over goes for your twins.
Speaker 5: What is that?
Speaker 6: I like that sound? Keep it going.
Speaker 7: Oh sounds like an old man sipping coffee.
Speaker 9: That's exactly what is right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like one of Sauce's dramatic SIPs after it makes a great point.
Speaker 6: When do I make a great point? It's kind of like that game you played what ten years ago? Like, what's that sound? Remember that Sauce you can to.
Speaker 4: Do like a bit and you like would just roll a pencil around and say, let's that sounds.
Speaker 5: I don't remember that at all.
Speaker 6: Great bit.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I don't think it lasted very long.
Speaker 5: Any Why did you start on the Power Trip on?
Speaker 3: Was all?
Speaker 6: I don't know. I saw let's see break it down?
Speaker 4: Got done playing in twenty eleven, pretty much jumped on these airwaves, not the Power Trip per se in twenty twelve, I don't know, maybe twenty fourteen, fifteen.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we saw at the same time around somewhere in there somewhere, Yeah, because you were on original initials.
Speaker 4: Yes, right, there's many Well yeah, yeah, I was on Fridays.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that was like thirteen ish years ago, so that's at least twenty and thirteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, that's when.
Speaker 7: That's when Aja, that's when you made the AJA game and then yeah, we all.
Speaker 5: Don't think I wasn't there together.
Speaker 4: I don't think I was there for the original a J game, No, but I think I was there when the initial started.
Speaker 5: Spring of twenty thirteen. I think we figured it out. Sure sure, sure.
Speaker 3: I got I agree, m Tommy, you got big boy job, Sure do, cor sure do.
Speaker 5: Thanks for today, Sorry, but no, it's good. It was good.
Speaker 9: It was great.
Speaker 6: It should take.
Speaker 5: It was enlightening, it really was. It was fun today. I felt really, you know, it felt fun today. It was fun.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's like today.
Speaker 2: It was like when uh here his name cousin Eddie's talking about his dog. Yeah, and said sometimes you just gotta let him finish.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's how I felt.
Speaker 2: During the news segment, I was like, if I talk, he's gonna stop, and I don't want him to stop. At one point, Ben goes like this and goes, it's probably the largest ice fishing event in Minnesota.
Speaker 16: And you go a lot of people come a little things like that. They actually drop off that every nobody.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, that's great. You are a great interviewer. What the character Chris Farley does life? That's great?
Speaker 12: Oh, I love you guys, you're the best.
Speaker 5: Go on, yeah, Huks, you cannot say that.
Speaker 6: I gotta tell you off air. Okay, I'm not sure what I mean.
Speaker 3: So you'll be here at seven twenty nine, right one minute before Julius.
Speaker 5: Someone's got letterate love you guys.
Speaker 3: News is next.
Speaker 10: From the one.
Speaker 2: All right here again, we got some uh, we got some Vikings audio from yesterday.
Speaker 9: We got a lot to get.
Speaker 2: To because there's real Vikings news on the pouch of morning show and we have Viking legend.
Speaker 9: Bye, buddy, love you.
Speaker 2: You careful driving, you know, don't stay.
Speaker 9: I'm not saying it.
Speaker 5: Why can't he say it? Bye?
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 7: It's time for Vikings US on the Power Trip, presented by Red.
Speaker 5: Do you guys notice this is like.
Speaker 3: A I don't know if this is just a Vikings thing or if it's an NFL thing. Did you guys see all of the the videos from practice yesterday with like, yeah, exactly, so it would be like a play from last year's Vikings training camp, but you captioned it like Kyler Murray to Justin Jefferson for a six and then there's all these fans in the stand that it's like, well, it's not even open to the public. But then it's just trolling and everybody's like, God, we're gonna be great this year, and they's just they try to see how many people they can get to bite on a clip from twelve months ago.
Speaker 5: I saw everywhere.
Speaker 2: That that and JJ got in a fight and they had they created it.
Speaker 14: So they were fighting and somebody, a couple of people are like, is this real.
Speaker 6: I'm like, no, they don't put pads on till Monday.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so this is crazy.
Speaker 10: So I did.
Speaker 4: I did a radio hit for a Cleveland station yesterday and the guy.
Speaker 5: Asked me about that about one of the players.
Speaker 6: What you're talking about?
Speaker 4: He goes, Man, He's like, you know, everybody's still intrigued about this quarterback situation with the Vikings, and he's like, in first play training camp, deep bomb to Jordan Natison.
Speaker 6: He's like, that's gonna go.
Speaker 4: I go, well, you know, I was like, I I go, look, I'm not one hundred percent on this, but I think that's a fake video. And he's like, wait, what fans aren't allowed to be there until Saturday. It was like, at least the waste to my understanding, I go, I don't think the fans are allowed until Saturday. That's the first practice that's open to the public. So I go, I think that's a fake video. He's like, oh man, that's the worst.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: He just you can just hear it through.
Speaker 4: The through the speakers like he was so disappointed.
Speaker 9: Yes, that's you gotta be careful, man, you gotta be careful. You just do bit. Yeah, we're gonna do a new bit.
Speaker 2: You're ready, Sure, we're gonna it's It's a quarterback Battle, is what it is.
Speaker 13: Quarterback Battle Press Conference Edition.
Speaker 6: I'd love it. Thank we think of the imaging. Yeah, so far you like it so far?
Speaker 2: Okay, good, I'm gonna play you a quarterback Battle Press Conferences and you're gonna tell me who won the question.
Speaker 6: You're ready, okay, sir.
Speaker 2: This is JJ and then Kyler talking about the quarterback Battle.
Speaker 17: You know, studying the best and learning from the best. They were always competing with themselves every day. There's no ceiling they're putting on themselves. It's always a constant look myself in the mirror at the.
Speaker 6: End of each day and did I get better?
Speaker 17: And just focus on what you can control, how you can improve, and just you know, when you're done with it, looking back.
Speaker 6: And seeing where you're where you're at, to.
Speaker 18: Focus on what, you know, the long term vision of it. I'm really just focused on the process, and that's day to day, uh, coming out here today with this walk through and then practice later, trying to put my best foot forward, you know, and then prove to the coaches and the guys what I'm capable of.
Speaker 13: Quarterback Battle Press Conference Edition.
Speaker 9: Who won the best?
Speaker 10: I love it.
Speaker 6: They basically said the same thing.
Speaker 4: They they both said the same thing, and it sounded like both of it was pretty genuine. Even though there's some mixed in cliches there. I feel like there's a little bit more introspection and there's a little bit more of a unique answer with jj.
Speaker 9: On that oneh So one goes to jajon. Sure, there's three of them, so there's three wide, there's three Yeah, sorry, sorry, there's.
Speaker 13: Three Quarterback Battle Press Conference Edition.
Speaker 10: Here.
Speaker 9: On the excitement of camp.
Speaker 17: Beyond excited. You know, there's so much potential losing in that locker room and to be able to be out here with these guys every single day and individually all of us work on our craft to be a collectively better unit.
Speaker 6: It's the most fun.
Speaker 1: In the world.
Speaker 17: The best time of the year.
Speaker 18: What's the best time of the year, the best on the year of grass is green, sun is out, the trees is a beautiful, beautiful scenery. Just getting to touch the field, to get with the guys, get to play the game that I love to play.
Speaker 13: Best time of the year Quarterback Battle Press Conference Edition?
Speaker 5: Who won it?
Speaker 6: That literally was the same.
Speaker 5: Let's let's create a rubber match.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go with Kyler on that.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay. What have you been working on to get ready for camp?
Speaker 17: Improving my craft every which way, improving my relationships with the guys in the locker room, every single conversation I have, every interaction be fully present, and at the end of the day, it's just being fully present in every single moment and optimizing each moment.
Speaker 18: Any chance I could get to going over scripts, going over playbooks every day every day for the last six weeks, and then obviously, you know, workouts and stuff, going out there and implementing what we've done.
Speaker 6: I'm just trying to familiarize us.
Speaker 18: Get them more, get more familiar with the verbiage and the foot work and all that stuff.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm gonna go with Kyler on that one. You know, he was he was focused.
Speaker 4: His improvement is focused more on the football part of it and the quarterbacking part of it. And uh Jay jas is making sure he's been a great leader.
Speaker 5: So he did value into both.
Speaker 13: He won the first ever first ever one press conference edition.
Speaker 5: I loved it.
Speaker 6: Thanks.
Speaker 3: You know, you're opening sounds a little you're opening of the segmentor sounds a little bit like Kyler Murray talking.
Speaker 9: He's more battle.
Speaker 3: He's got the Patrick Mahomes factor. That voice does not match that face. No, that's not what I would guess at all. Well, man, what a voice?
Speaker 9: What a voice?
Speaker 2: You know how Rophy Ben you retweeted it yesterday but a feeling obviously now yeah speak television debut. That breakdown was way in the weeds with him and Orlovsky. But I really enjoyed that.
Speaker 6: I did too.
Speaker 13: That's pretty cool man. The different routes stuff.
Speaker 9: Have you seen it yet, Corey?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: I mean you guys got to watch It's it would be hard, I think to communicate it to be good on the radio because they're pointing at things and showing you routes and stuff like that. But that was a layer of depth to breaking down the NFL that I don't ever get to see if it's.
Speaker 4: Pretty cool, you know what I was really impressed with. I mean a lot of it was really really good. I was really impressed with Adam Thielen walking into that studio up up there on the big board with probably the best person to illustrate and tellustrate football plays and real time in a concise way. I don't know if anybody other than Dani or Lopsky has done it better. And he just was like boom right there, match for match, like on pace with him, he was He was knowledgeable, educational, concise, all kind of like bantering back and forth with one of the best to do it on TV. I was like, man, this is his first time that I've seen him do this. This is impressive. I mean, outside of just like what he was saying from the x's and o's, I just thought, like the way he handled himself on set was awesome.
Speaker 3: His breakdown Your City with Pa Adam feeling about like the production and the prep and stuff that goes into an ESPN broadcast, It was pretty cool talking about basically how you're running through the show and giving your takes and then the production team can find clips and graphics that matchup with what you're going to say, and they're talking and anyway, it just sounds like Adam's going through training camp for broadcasters and trying to figure it out because he's excited about it.
Speaker 2: I'll play a little bit of the school if you guys want this is well, you're here the very beginning of Adam feeling on NFL life context there.
Speaker 4: But I'm curious what specifically does koc look for when it comes to a QB.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I think it's important to know what Kaos's looking for in a quarterback. He wants to run the entire offense at the line of scrimmage, and so what I don't think people understand is it doesn't mean that they're calling the plays line of scrimmage. He wants to be able to Basically, most teams have like one through ten in there maybe two minute offense. Well, this offense, they have one through fifty and it's a normal offense on the line of scrimmage. So he wants to be able to get to line of scrimmage, see the defense call the play and be pretty complex So what that means for the quarterback is not only do you have to know all these fifty plays, but you also have to know what every receiver's doing because receivers, like I said before, we're not very smart. So sometimes we're like forty nine, Shoot, what's forty nine?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 19: And the quarterbacks guys say, hey, you got the post.
Speaker 5: Route right right, the rhyme and the reason behind it all.
Speaker 19: And so you got to know a lot and there's a lot going through your head and it's quick.
Speaker 3: I think there's a huge intellectual tax that you're talking about the shifts and the motions.
Speaker 5: One not big part of this offense.
Speaker 4: Is what quarterback do we truly believe he's going to get Justin Jefferson the ball?
Speaker 5: So I'm going to play two clips.
Speaker 2: It gets pretty in the wee turn and you got to be able to see what they're about to talk about. I would encourage anybody who's interested in what it takes to play quarterback in this league.
Speaker 9: To watch this.
Speaker 2: It is amazingly complicated and no wonder a rookie had a hard time observing it in one season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think the other layer to that is it gives you a little bit of insight on what the coaches look for as they're putting together a game plan. So they talk about where Justin Jefferson was on one particular week, and then you follow up on the next week and it's like, Okay, so we showed this last week. Now we have a defender that's going to be sitting in this area of the defense, that's maybe going to take that route away, So why don't we move justin to this spot over here have him run a different route. And it's just there's just so much nuance that goes into each and every week. And I mean even from there's a lot more complexity to offense and defense. I mean, we had it pretty easy on defense, you know, all things considered, but even a lot of our stuff would change. You would implement a defense in training camp, well, you'd implement it really in the off season. You'd rep at a thousand times, you rep at a thousand times in the preseason, and then you get to the regular season, like, hey, you remember that blitz that we've been running two thousand times. Guess what we're going to change it. We're going to change it just for this one week, and then we're going to see what happens next week, and then next week there might be another little tweak to that same blitz that you have like foundationally just conditioned in your mind, and you're like, oh, yeah, I got to remember, like instead of doing this that we've been doing for the last five months now, we've got to change it just for this one team. And then you might revert back to that basic blitz in the original blitz two weeks later.
Speaker 6: And so there is and.
Speaker 4: Then you multiply that by all the other coverages and all the other blitzes, and then you magnify that with the offense, which just has a thicker playbook in general. So it's a lot to remember. It's a lot to try to parse out in just a short.
Speaker 6: Amount of time.
Speaker 4: And you know, going back to this battle of the quarterback battle, all those shifts and all those just adjustments and all those like you know, tied in trading and changing the strength on offense and all the movement that we have on our offense. That's not really what Arizona did two years ago when Kyler had this really really good season with Drew Petsen. In that offense, they might shift, a guy, might motion a guy down from far out by the sideline. They might motion him in just a little bit. There wasn't a ton of movement to that offense. So like he's got a really steep learning curve. If KOC wants to run his true offense.
Speaker 9: Well, that's a lot, man, It's a lot. There's a lot going on, is it. I mean?
Speaker 2: And I didn't get this idea. I'm wondering though, was Adam insinuating maybe it's a little too complicated.
Speaker 5: M No.
Speaker 6: I just think that there's a high expectation. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't have any problem with any coach having a high expectation and trying to bring everybody up to that level, right, because then you figure out who who can who can make it, and who can be there for you. I mean, we've already seen it with with Kirk and Sam. So you don't tell me it can't be done, you know. So you just have to get up to that level somehow, some way.
Speaker 9: Man, I just don't.
Speaker 2: There's so much going on that has way more to do with your brain than just how strong you are. It's it's I mean, it's obvious, but it's even more obvious now. Pretty cool and I just watched Aaron Rodgers. We're talking about Aaron Rodgers brother being on TV every talking about college football, and he did this great illustration of the Ohio State quarterback looking at the first safety in the second safety, but he didn't look at the linebacker, and because of that, he threw an interception. And they were in three different parts of the field. And we're talking about a college football quarterback, not even an NFL quarterback. There's just so much going on cerebrally on every play.
Speaker 4: Well, and then you get then you get a factor in the fact that we on defense make mistakes too in real time, So you might you might look at the safeties and you might think to yourself, oh, this is let's just say this is cover too. I see what the corners. Corners are clouded, they're rolled down on the wide receiver. This is a classic cover two look. I can see the Mike linebacker sort of like inching his way back to play that deep, deep hole.
Speaker 6: And then at the at the snap of.
Speaker 4: The ball, you might get a guy that has the wrong he makes the wrong read, and then where you think a guy supposed to be, he's not there. So then then you have to readjust again in real time, like, okay, well, if that guy's just going to leave that hole open instead of throwing this shot over here, I have this guy that's wide open that I didn't expect to be wide open, and I see color and no defenders, I should.
Speaker 6: Throw that ball.
Speaker 4: That's really hard to see when you're dropping back, and then you also have to feel the pressure and the rush you know, coming you know, from a four man rusher potentially a fireman rush at the same time.
Speaker 6: So it's I.
Speaker 4: Don't know how they do it, honestly, guys. That's why quarterbacks they should make all the money in the world. They get hit, then they have to bounce back up. Their brain has to be, you know, in lockstep with the offense and the defense and make quick decisions and then also be supremely accurate throwing the football.
Speaker 2: It's also why it is concerning that they're splitting first team reps, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think, yeah, I don't know if it's concerning, but again, it's it's just another wrinkle to this challenge.
Speaker 6: Yeah, is and I think.
Speaker 4: Based on what we saw from Theeland's breakdown and or Lotty's breakdown and then what we heard from Kyler at the end of camp, just saying, Hey, it's it's hard.
Speaker 6: It's hard to split reps. I've never had to do that before.
Speaker 4: And it's you know, because I think he was talking about his two interception day and seven on seven and you know, if he knows how complex the offense is, and he knows he's only going to get fifty percent of the reps, he knows how important it is for every rep account for him to actually see those reps over and over and over again, especially against b Flow's defense, I can understand why there was like a hint of frustration there.
Speaker 9: Well, so, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 6: Say Wilson.
Speaker 5: Well, well said, I just love.
Speaker 2: Football man so much. It's not just meave heads running into each other. But there's that too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's that too. I'm so excited.
Speaker 4: I think I'm planning to go there Saturday the afternoon practice.
Speaker 6: So that'll be fun. It must be like ninety something and sunny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, yeah, I wouldn't you know, for you, I maybe a stay inside.
Speaker 3: I wasn't going to. But I like your thinking there. I like taking your advice.
Speaker 5: You're a take that considers you're right.
Speaker 6: You're right, Yeah, you are correct.
Speaker 3: Oh, speaking of Wilson, how about the scene in the audis the Odyssey It felt it felt so much like a castaway when he was on the raft. Yeah, like this is Castaway Part two, almost identical last night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a billion out of ten.
Speaker 6: It's amazing.
Speaker 5: But like I said to open the show.
Speaker 3: I'm just convinced it would be good maybe even still maybe still close to great at home. Yeah, but it's not the same. But I just can't imagine it's ever going to be the same. And seeing it in the theater. Ben, you got to see it in a theater.
Speaker 6: It's to figure out when I can go.
Speaker 9: It's so good, we'll be long, we'll be on planes a lot to.
Speaker 6: You, you know, No, no, no, no, I want to see it in the Imax theater.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's not just about the size of the screen. It is truly about how loud the scenes are and how it shocks you and scares you, and not not in terms of horror movie, but just like sometimes the sound is startling and that's part of the scene, right, Like I don't want to give it any away, but there are multiple moments where the noise is part of the vibe, especially like the the Trojan Horse scene.
Speaker 5: It's just there's so much noise that you feel like you're in it. It's outstanding. It's immersive.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: That guy, Christopher Nolan.
Speaker 9: He's good.
Speaker 6: It's unbelievable. Man. It's almost like he knows what he's doing at this.
Speaker 9: Man, he's got to figure it out well sudden, Yep.
Speaker 2: Let's hope one of our quarterbacks has got to figure it out.
Speaker 5: Well, sudden. I said that, well you did, You said it? Well? Well so well, now that's that's where no.
Speaker 3: One could have dropped the ball if you would have had Odysseus just holding a volleyball. This guy's manny dam come on, yeah, god, I.
Speaker 5: Grand five in a second. Headlines later, This.
Speaker 6: Is the Power Row Morning Show on the Fan.
Speaker 5: From the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 6: This report is sponsored by Dean's Home Services.
Speaker 4: The heaviest delay remains on six point four West Bounce