Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: While it's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros papade Gus terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith the pip the Pipe.
Speaker 3: Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the petros In Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: Here's a personalized baseball card. Oh, here's a four pack at IPA.
Speaker 2: And a lottery ticket that lost.
Speaker 4: I mean I put a lot of effort into that beer, Matt and Petros.
Speaker 2: I'm not the one clapping back.
Speaker 4: I mean I had to go look for it. There's a meaning behind it.
Speaker 3: It's local.
Speaker 4: It's the burbank, right, it's San Fernando Valley. It's mammoth with a fish on it. Got a knockle theme there.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: We all like a nice coalsh man.
Speaker 4: Not all of us can go to our sister's yoga place and just get sweatshirts off the rack.
Speaker 2: Whoa, Now that's a shot.
Speaker 3: I purchased those with my discount? Oh with what with my discount?
Speaker 2: What kind of discount you get there?
Speaker 3: The sweatshirts? Damn, that's how much we mean to you. Fifty fifteen? Oh fifteen?
Speaker 2: Okay, I thought you said fifty. I'm gonna say, damn, that's a mark up. Now we'll pull the ass out of your ears.
Speaker 3: The heart of another is a dark forest, always, no matter how close it has been to one's own. My heart is a dark forest. Now.
Speaker 2: Now that you witness the exchange between Colin, you and Tim kats gong me, you just means somebody more.
Speaker 3: It's like the sec between Colin and Kate's. It means more.
Speaker 2: They have a special It just means more. We are your homes. Speaking of Colin and Timo, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers, they rode that.
Speaker 3: Roller coaster back to back, belly to belly.
Speaker 2: Right, we remind you that while we have the NFL Triple Header on Christmas Day starting at ten am, Cowboys, Commanders, Lions, Vikings, Broncos Chiefs, let's get two Saturday we have got a standalone NFL Chargers the Texans one thirty pm kick, huge playoff implications. The Texans still trying to punch their ticket into the postseason. The Chargers, with a win, will set up a showdown with the Broncos Week eighteen in Denver that will decide the AFC West a home playoff game, and perhaps even the one seed that's on KFI right that is on KFI AM six forty. Still some tickets available, by the way at chargers dot com slash tickets for that game between the Chargers and Texans Saturday, one thirty pm. Chargers going for their fifth straight win.
Speaker 3: And you could podcast our show while we're gone on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone. We're going to be gone for like we're going to come back on like the third or the fourth or something fifth January fifth.
Speaker 2: Yes, the New Year's Day is on a Thursday.
Speaker 3: So we're not coming back until January fifth.
Speaker 2: I'll be fresh off a trip to Denver, perhaps a Sunday night football game. If in fact the AFC West is in the balance, you're really riding the lightnings Ay eleven and four man. There's a lot of Chargers schedule talk. Justin Herbert playing at an incredibly high level, yet no one's acknowledging it.
Speaker 3: When will they acknowledge?
Speaker 2: When will they acknowledge it? In the national meeting?
Speaker 3: When will you stop charging us for vegan milk? When will you stop charging us more.
Speaker 2: For vegan Milt turns out twenty twenty five, mister Cromwell.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe people are finally going to start showing love to Justin Herbert, after all the things you've said, dog, after all the great things you've done.
Speaker 2: Listen, I am but a weak voice.
Speaker 3: You're like Shawcer. You're just a bard. I'm and you do your and you do your poems and you sing your song.
Speaker 2: And guess who listens Nobody. Yeah, you opened that yapra yours and the Irish Times is picking it up.
Speaker 3: Well, Matt, you're right on a South Bend trip. I've really got the South Bend folks behind me. You have really made a mark. Mayor Pete sending me a car.
Speaker 2: Mayor Pete all over it man.
Speaker 4: The Irish Tribune, by the way, has a really cool graphic of you with the microphone when you were a sideline guy for USC football. Now they really went into the archive.
Speaker 3: No, No, that's a picture of me at a Dodger event when the Dodgers bought when the Gougenheim Group bought the Dodge.
Speaker 2: I was when Bill Plashki attacked Magic Johnson for the Frank McCort parking lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a photo of that.
Speaker 4: Oh is that the press conference you guys didn't want to do from the field and our boss said.
Speaker 3: The field is your desk. Yeah, We're like, why can't we get say, we sit down so we can like a show. No, you're just gonna walk and talk. The field is your office, three hour show, walk and talk for three hours. My man, is there anywhere we can sit? No, like a card table anything?
Speaker 2: No, I mean it's like being a realtor. That photo is like fifteen years old and they got it of you, like, Wow, look at how young and athletic he looks.
Speaker 3: I was. I don't think I looked a younger athletic in that photo. Man, Not that I look better now, but it's not really like I'm I don't know why you're laughing so hard with your big swollen arm. You don't like the picture there? Young?
Speaker 2: Yes, but that's before I got my mole removed, right, So there's that. Yeah, now I can see the uh the outfield wall? Is that the outfield wall of the Dodgers in the background?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 4: The repeat and the seats there?
Speaker 3: The irish trappy, the awful announcing used an even worse Fox picture of me, and my face is really fat in that one. See you see he couldn't even hold it. He couldn't even hold how fat my face is? Have you, buddy, she go do some.
Speaker 4: Curls internet ads like fifteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. When you blow something up from your Twitter page, it makes your face so big.
Speaker 2: Oh god, Just.
Speaker 3: Because Kate's and call and shave each other's bellies, it doesn't make them gay. Thank you for the text, sir, You're right, it doesn't make them beat all right, Matt, I got the word of the day. His words the word of the day. I missed this, And we have not talked hockey basically all year, and I don't anticipate us talking hockey anytime soon.
Speaker 2: They stuck fuck?
Speaker 3: Did you just say they suck? Puck?
Speaker 2: Thanks for talking puck? Oh, thanks for talking.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Usually, if we talk hockey, if we talk hawk very polarizing. Every once in a while somebody texts in and says, like Pat, i's a love for talking punk. Now, when we talk about hockey less than we talk about anything, we talk about hockey less than we talk about darts. Darts has really taken over on When we used to have the Kings, we would have Luke Robataie on from time to time, and.
Speaker 3: Then then eventually we turned our back on that a little bit to a certain degree. But I have a ducks story, Matt. The ducks gave away. And I don't know how many people go to Ducks games. I don't think a lot. At the last Ducks game, in honor of the holidays, the ducks give away. And I can really get behind this. It's like a babble, but it's not. It's a nut quacker.
Speaker 2: So instead of the nutcracker, it's.
Speaker 3: The duck with the duck helmet, and it's a nutcracker, but it's a nutquacker. And look at the beak, not a cracker.
Speaker 2: The beak is what cracks the nut.
Speaker 3: Why are you playing bro him? Is that the ducks?
Speaker 4: Then they say, right, all right.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry that started it. And it's brought to you by UCI Health. So it says you see I health on the bottom. But we can all get behind the eaters. The nut quacker is pretty great.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And there was a time kids, when you go to your Grandma's for Christmas Eve for Christmas Day and there would be a bowl of uncracked nuts that you would pull a nice walnut out of. Oh yeah, there's a reason they say crack some nuts.
Speaker 3: Chestnuts roasting on enough bump and fire jack cross nipping at chapoos some.
Speaker 2: That's that's the Colin tim Cats story.
Speaker 4: You can find some of these on eBay. By the way, already, what are they selling them for? We got one for forty in the box, got one fifty in the box. No, not enough, too much, one hundred dollars. This one has no box.
Speaker 3: Too much ten bucks for a nut quacker? Or why wouldn't Chris or the equivalent of Chris for the Dundas send it up crackers? Yeah, send up a nut quacker. I mean, Kate, you were like all over the ducks nuts for a minute there when you're yeah, you're like Petrol Stay won eight straight, weren't players?
Speaker 2: And this guy's twenty two and he's got fifty goals in two games. Where's your nut quacker. Yeah, I'm not sure collins Mouth, Yeah, exactly right. Guys are just out of control. Out listen, man, we're not the ones that made a custom card with his face on there and his sad.
Speaker 3: Why did you make such a nice gift for him?
Speaker 4: Because he deserves it.
Speaker 3: You're right, he is a thankless or.
Speaker 2: He none of us got him a gift.
Speaker 3: He does a thankless job and loves everybody. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look at that. He comes in with personal gift for you guys and walks out with nothing except something for me.
Speaker 3: I got him something I did. Yes, did you get him in and out gift card?
Speaker 2: Perhaps? And casadors polomas.
Speaker 3: No, he didn't drink. Drink.
Speaker 2: Just try it, Colin, Come on.
Speaker 3: Man, take a sip.
Speaker 2: Try it, man, just try it.
Speaker 3: Hey, bend over, look over there.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 3: Drop something on the floor.
Speaker 4: If I didn't know any better, you were jealous, he was a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've said it. I've said it out loud, obvious what it was, very upset.
Speaker 2: You got him the same gift you got Ronnie, the same gift you got me, And you got Colin this super special the.
Speaker 3: Car and drink. All these gifts.
Speaker 2: And by the way, Hey, you gave business to Burbank Sports Cards, who treat you like crap?
Speaker 3: Yeah, why don't Why don't you go somewhere where they treat you like the great Dodger broadcaster that you are.
Speaker 4: Because Burbank Sports Cards is the number one hobby shop in America.
Speaker 2: Well, but they don't care about you.
Speaker 4: This is true.
Speaker 2: You should go to the number two hobby shop in America and in Burbank and they might treat you better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all the other burd Bank businesses you go to, Don Kucko's, the Infrared Sauna place. Those places love you and they treat you with respects shooting range, that's right. Yeah, they give you extra targets, extramo.
Speaker 4: Extra targets is always a good thing, right.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kate, don't forget about Western Tire, tim Western Soul.
Speaker 4: Ronnie banks Ha dried down Victory once in a while, buddy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even I knew that, and I live out of town.
Speaker 2: Donut Prince, Oh, I get a donut out of divorce.
Speaker 3: Touch your wife's fat ass? Right, all right, it is time for the number of the day.
Speaker 1: Here's my number.
Speaker 2: Well, sticking a donut, Prince. That's a mom and pop and I guarantee they ain't gonna loose business on Christmas Day. You want to wake up and get donuts for the family. The Donut Prince is going to be open. Who's behind the counter calling? Yee?
Speaker 3: Shirtless with nipple cliffs Christmas Day?
Speaker 2: You know's in the kitchen?
Speaker 3: Hello, pantless kates with an apron on it? Nothing else? Yeah? Hello?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: What will be open on Christmas Day? If you've been disappointed by the spread.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've noticed there's a lot of like Instagram feeds and stuff to tell you what time. Yeah, these are all the places that are open.
Speaker 2: You go to the family spot and maybe they didn't make enough Christmas ham or you don't like Christmas ham.
Speaker 3: These Chinese people know nothing of Christmas. There's a lot of those places.
Speaker 2: Arby's open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. So meet, we have the meats, Tim kates colin Yee, I gotta find it Arby's. So first we see that sweet meat burger king Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Speaker 3: That's because the king picks the ball off and runs.
Speaker 2: That's a real whopper. You got in your pants there after I gave you that personalized card. Chick fil A closed on Christmas Day.
Speaker 3: Obviously, that's importan.
Speaker 2: Chipotle open Christmas Eve, not open Christmas Day. You're not building that bowl Christmas Day. Domino's yes both Christmas Eve, Christmas Day duncan varies by location. Check with your local dunkin Donuts.
Speaker 3: Guys, let's just listen to the radio and I heard that you might not be opening McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Yes, open both days. Panda Express, of course, I mean, come on, of course it's Pan Express. I mean, of course they're open on Christmas Day. Shake Chat Christmas Eve only Starbucks. Confirm with your local spot.
Speaker 3: But chances are heard of the radio you got might not be open.
Speaker 2: Subway, Oh yeah, they're going to be open. Get that foot long two.
Speaker 3: That's just so sad. Can you imagine building sandwiches for people on Christmas as a sandwich artist?
Speaker 2: Taco Bell closed Christmas Day? No case of rito for you, Wendy's Yes, open for both. Get that chili, spill it on Collin's chest. Oh stop, that's just you're wrong. Come on, that's im poor taste as your what is open? What is not Christmas Day? Because your family screwed you, you didn't get enough to eat, or you're a lonely person could be that too, like eleanor Rigby. If that's the case, Matt sending you to pant Express to see your Chinese friends.
Speaker 3: What about Del Taco?
Speaker 4: Did you say that one?
Speaker 2: Unfortunately we do not own our lost Yeah, check the local.
Speaker 3: Matt's going to be beyond the counter as a soda jerk at our Del Taco.
Speaker 2: Would you like a Del Taco? This Joey buzz is going to buy us Del Joe buy it for us, Ronnie.
Speaker 1: This is the song of the day.
Speaker 6: Today's song of the Day is called a Holiday for Strings, a whimsical instrumental tune composed and performed by David Rose and his orchestra. Because the Petros and Money Show's got that holiday spirit. As we make our way through the Tuesday afternoon before Christmas Eve, where the final live radio show of the year is underway with great Sports Talk wrapping up twenty twenty five with a nice shiny bow, as we make way for the NBA and Clippers basketball. It'll be a Christmas miracle if they win to in a row, and Adam Oslin will have that countdown show ready to go.
Speaker 2: At six point thirty, Mary Christney's Merry Christmas.
Speaker 3: There's somebody who's going to be at the Rby's all alone, ripping napkins. Oh cassilieves they couldn't make it. Cheo in a row.
Speaker 2: It's a Clippers aren't playing on Christmas.
Speaker 3: They're not that not one of the marquee NBA teams.
Speaker 2: Plan who would have guessed?
Speaker 3: Not me? We'll be back with more Petro send money on this two ed Mono Tuesday, last show of the year.
Speaker 2: Should the Irish Times be tuned into the next segment.
Speaker 3: Tune in Tokyo. I might say a little side. You know, I don't even care anymore.
Speaker 1: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple car Play or Android Auto road Trip all summer with LA Sports that.
Speaker 2: Tro Say Money and five to seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Triple header on Christmas Day of the NFL Cowboys, Commanders, Lions, Vikings, Broncos Chiefs Saturday one thirty pm twelve thirty pm pre game on Katy The Chargers and the Texans will do battle in a standalone game. Still some tickets available for that at Chargers dotdown Slash Tickets. And again that is Chargers Texans one thirty pm Saturday on KFI AM six forty the triple header this Thursday, Christmas Day. Right here am five s.
Speaker 3: All right, we do have Michelle you in the very next segment about some schedule changes at Santa a Nita For you horseheads. We'll get more into the state of hate in the five o'clock hour. There'll be some Charger washing.
Speaker 2: I got something I want to say. I hope the Irish Times will pick up on it.
Speaker 3: I always do the last dance of the season. Only this year somebody told me I couldn't. But I'm gonna do my kind of dancing with a great partner, Miss Baby Houseman. All right, we will call this the flip top story.
Speaker 2: I just look yeah, I will look you up story circle in the Midwest right now, with the Irish Times.
Speaker 3: I've really gotten a lot of people in the Midwest behind me, and some people that carry water for USC very upset with you, like they generally are. And that's okay. I have said my piece about USC Notre Dame. I've said my piece about USC Notre Dame months ago. I've said it again throughout the season. You can check it all. It's all pretty well documented on the am I seventy or the Petros and Money, Instagram or Twitter. Very disappointed about the USC Notre Dame rivalry actually going away with no guarantee that it will ever return, and if it does, it will be no sooner than twenty thirty. Actually, actually, it's very hard. Actually now, I don't say this lightly because you know me, you're here with me all the time. I really don't care about much and don't really have an emotional reaction to most things other than just trying to have fun. I don't care in the world of great sports talk. I don't care if Harrison Ford killed his wife or not. I don't care. However, I don't I don't think USC football is anywhere near what football is supposed to be or should be. If they're not playing Notre Dame every single year. To me, you might as well start putting names on the back of the jerseys where the dumbass purple and pink cleats, where bumblebee striped socks do the alt uniform thing, do a blackout. Stop playing at the coliseum, start playing at BEMO.
Speaker 2: That'd be kind of cool. Just get rid of everything, very intimate.
Speaker 3: This it's over. The identity of USC football was the fact that they played Notre Dame every single year. It's what set USC apart from the other West Coast blue blood so to speak, like Oregon or Washington. It's what made USC relevant to the entire country of college football. And No, going to Notre Dame in the odd years in October is not the same as playing in the eighteen team Big Ten of twenty twenty five. It's not the same. They've got nothing to do with each other. USC looks scared. I don't care what the negotiation said. They got involved in the fervor negotiations both schools, and they both completely and totally forgot what their job is. And if you're at UCLA or USC, or you're a Notre Dame, it's your job to make sure the right stays. You are a steward of the rivalry. There is no more important game, not a college football playoff, first round, second round, whatever, more important than USC versus Notre Dame. In an ever changing college football playoff landscape and a sliding scale between USC Notre Dame. As far as who needs who more who cares. Neither team is the same without the other on its schedule. But I will say this Notre Dame schedule BYU immediately. They'll probably get a better game year in and year out from BYU than they're getting from USC right now. And everybody's saying, well, USC's too scared to play us, if they're Notre Dame fans or whatever, the Irish Tribune people or the Shealey Press, what they're saying is true. USC is too soft and too scared to play Notre Dame. Their reasoning is, well, it's too late in the year. Okay, we're in the midst of the Big ten schedule. We have to travel to the East Coast or the Central time Zone repeatedly, so fair that we have to go back there again. The bar is high at USC. What sets you apart as the USC football program the fact that you play Notre Dame every year. I'll forgive the fact that USC blew up the Pac twelve. I've been very understanding of why that happened. I watched the Pac twelve bleed out and ruin its chances while everybody else printed money in the big ten in the SEC. We watched that happen, We saw what Larry Scott did. I understood why USC did what they did to save their brand, But what brand is there if you're not going to play Notre Dame every year? It's sad and it's an absolute travesty. And I do not say this lightly. I am disgusted at the fact that it's absolutely a disgusting travesty that they could not figure this out, that this has played itself out for over a year in public. And who controls USC? They obviously don't have very good leadership. We talked yesterday and went through the timeline of how leadership has corroded. So who controls USC donors? Where are the effing donors to sit here and say, well, this is not okay. I'm not going to stroke a check Kenny Dillingham style stroke it if you don't do what you're supposed to do and keep the identity of USC football intact.
Speaker 2: Best Notre Dame replaced it with byu USC is going to replace it.
Speaker 3: With what they're going to replace it. Arkansas State, Sacramento State, Arkansas State, UNLV is probably too good to play Citadel. If the Citadel wants to come out from Virginia, I'm sure US he'd be happy to pay.
Speaker 2: Them Southwest Missouri State.
Speaker 3: But you're right, Simo, they might start with the US. He's never played an FCS school. They might as well start that too. Honestly, get rid of the uniform tradition. Stop playing the song. It's not USC football anymore. This is the worst thing that could have ever happened to USC football. This is an absolute identity killer. I don't care about modern seismic shifts in college football. USC Notre Dame was supposed to transcend that. The fact that Notre Dame played US every year legitimized USC in the global world of college football, back before teams traveled by playing. This is an absolute and total abortion of what we're supposed to be celebrating. If you're interested or support USC football, you can twist yourself into kirkhurb Street and Colin Cowherd mental pretzel and come up with the reasoning why this happened or that happened. And in the negotiation this happened, and they wanted to play early, they wanted to play late. It should have never gotten to this point. It was up to both universities to make sure this didn't ever end, and it's over with no guarantee that it's ever going to come back, and if it does, Lincoln Riley, Jen Cohen, Bavaqua, who knows if any of these still people will still be involved. So the one thing I'm leaving everybody with in regards to this story is I'm disgusted. It's a disgusting thing, and I generally don't care about anything, but this is very upsetting. As upsetting maybe even to see that Tim Kates put a lot more thought into his gift for Colin Yee than he did for any of the rest of us.
Speaker 2: I didn't think that was disgusting. I thought that was encouraging.
Speaker 3: I'm saying I'm more disgusted by this than I was that. But in the moment, if you had like a close up shot on my face when when Kate's and Colin were exchanging those gifts, you might have had a close up on my face and I was like, like just dumbfounded, looking on like stand not amazed, stand not amazed, and yet I was amazed.
Speaker 2: Similar reaction to usc Notre Dame actually canceling even more.
Speaker 3: I'm even more disgusted, not so much to where I won't eat or drink, but disgusted that you will drink more. Maybe I might have a couple drinks and read that Irish trip. Look at those handsome pictures of myself.
Speaker 2: Check out the comments underneath the coffee, white.
Speaker 3: Face and body. That is my signature. We'll be back with Michelle. You talk some horses, latest on the horse world.
Speaker 1: Hello PMS listener. Did you know Am five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA sports podcasts.
Speaker 3: There's Rogan and Rondee. That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of record, Clipper Talk Without a Musk, follow us all and many more.
Speaker 1: Just go to Am five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: That throw some money in five to seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Going to Clipper Basketball tonight. It is our final show of the year. We are off until January fifth. I believe it is that we will return, but pee Normally this time of year, you get excited. You got the holidays, maybe you get a little bit of time off of work.
Speaker 3: I know a family that goes every year to opening Day at Santa Anita.
Speaker 2: Every single year. Was gonna be Friday. You follow her thoughtful family very well. It's bonding parents, children, grandparents. Racing is back at Santa Anita Pee starting this Sunday, Sunday. Yes, opening day was scheduled for Friday, Atmospheric River. But the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune in rain, it's already here, but it's really headed here tonight.
Speaker 3: You get to get rocked. Due to the weather here in Southern California, opening day has been postponed and pushed back to Sunday, December twenty eighth, when the Kate's family and the Cads girls, Oh, they'll go to church, march into Santa Anita and they'll go to San Ania. Bloody Mary's for the girls and their boyfriends. Joining us now to explain this, Michelle You on air, host, reporter and analyst in Santa Anita. If Michelle You wasn't there, Santa Anita couldn't race at Michelle You on as she's on your Southern California Toyota neither celebrity hotline. There's a lot going on at opening day. We're just pushing it back because you don't want to stand out there in the rain with a racing form over your head getting soggy.
Speaker 2: This dollar hot dog is delicious, it's also getting sause.
Speaker 3: My bloody Mary's getting watered down. Doug O'Neills tequila's half water.
Speaker 2: And he took it back.
Speaker 3: He gave it to us. Michelle. You take the bottle, Michelle, how are you?
Speaker 5: I was so good. I love how Cerebrial this show is. I mean, we're gonna quote Hamlet right off the bat. I love it.
Speaker 3: That's me.
Speaker 2: You just wanted to acknowledge that you knew it was Hamlet. Michelle. We could have done that for you. You know, yes, you do, well, you truly you did.
Speaker 3: You've truly faced a sea of difficulties here at Michelle with the scheduling. Tell us how much does this rock back the U holiday and what you have planned in the world of horses and horse teeth?
Speaker 5: You know, I mean, it certainly is unfortunate we can't open on our traditional boxing day, but I think it's great that we were able to plan this out early so everyone has advanced warning. You know, weekends are always super for the races regardless, and I think if it means massive field sizes for these fantastic grated stake that we have on tap, and you know, that's going to be way better to have people out there in beautiful sunshining with fast and firm conditions like we're used to in California. So overall, it's not that big of a deal because we knew in advance. It's not like a last minute swing. So I think it's still going to be fun. We're gonna know.
Speaker 3: About the atmospheric river.
Speaker 2: Unless she watches the Weather channel, I.
Speaker 3: Think everybody at plays pretty close tension.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got to really changed.
Speaker 5: It doesn't rain that much, right, true, it's just crazy every now and I didn't really have the craft beer Vestival. There's going to be live music, there's going to be food vendors, We're gonna have the Winter Fund Zone. I mean, there's so much stuff going on. It's better that we moved it and we have it on a beautiful day than on a cold, wet, rainy day.
Speaker 2: All right, So, if in fact you have been monitoring the weather, Michelle, you know that they are forecasting potentially the most rain we have ever got into the LA area so bad half inches over three days? Are you telling me that's impressive? Rain on you lawyers, You tell me you're telling me that on Sunday, December twenty eighth. When you get things rolling, I'm not looking out for mutters. That's going to be fast and firm, and we're just we're going right back to what we're used to. We're used to watching.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll say, maybe not firm, although our turf cot can handle a significant amount of water, so we might be a little less than firm and leaning towards a touch of good. But overall, I think it's going to be super fair as far as the main track goes, though, I mean I anticipate that being pretty close to fast because we know we're going to go ahead and seal the racetrack. You know they were they allowed workers today to have all these people work their forces beforehand. So the training track will be open the next couple of days, which we have an all weather training track, but the main track is going to be sealed, so that's going to protect the layer underneath from the weather, and then once it's done raining, we'll open that up and then we'll have a nice, beautiful fast racetracks for you know, this fantastic. But seven of the first eight days of uh, you know the meat, we're gonna be racing. So that is awesome sauce.
Speaker 3: Awesome sauce. Indeed, Michelle, you is our guest. Racing is back at San Anita on Sunday. They pushed it back because of the weather. Michelle, how close is the relationship between the horse types and the trainers and the groundskeepers and the people there and the drainage experts and are they constantly in communication? Are they constantly blaming each other for each other's problems.
Speaker 5: Well, we can't blame anybody, right, I think that we love we love distributing blame group. There's a nice little group of people that get to chat with our track maintenance and let them know, you know, any thought and feelings. Overall, we've got a pretty chrich protocol in place for what to do when weather comes around. And you know, we've got great guys on the ground too that are talking to the writers, were talking to the jockeys, we're you know, talking to the trainers. So everybody is in constant communication with what they think is best for the racetracks. So we can keep everything super safe and super fun and so there's no there's no blame or hate that goes around. There's nothing you can do with the weather. All we can do is be proactive about it. And I don't think that we should, you know, let it just diminish the fact that we're going to have super great racing. We're gonna have the calendar giveaways. I know we're like.
Speaker 3: To us here my days. Don't pass love that calend.
Speaker 2: Some of those phillies really get me worked up, you know, get those get off there.
Speaker 3: Hey, there's different calendar, guys.
Speaker 5: That's been all right.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm looking at the schedule for Sunday, Michelle U Gates open at nine, First Post at eleven, free general parking, buy online and save ten dollars, walk ups twenty and I see stakes races and under the stakes races. Yeah, Lebrea Steaks presented by Don Julio. Will you go find Doug? Will will you go find who brought us our uh just Doug O'Neill, right, the bro Yeah, Doug O'Neill brought us to Don Julio, our quarterback, Douga and then he took it away from us. Will you go find Doug O'Neill so he can pour you a shot of Don Julio and then take that tequila away.
Speaker 5: What if I find him and I'll look at the tequila. But you couldn't pay me to take a shot at tequila.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. Crown Crown and diet coke.
Speaker 5: Yees see regular coke, regular coke.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I believe never though, Cheesburger.
Speaker 3: Michelle, you at, Michelle, you on ax. Remember the racing is pushing.
Speaker 1: Michelle, Michelle, forget the otherwise.
Speaker 5: You get a nice sports reporter from Buffalo, New York.
Speaker 3: Lovely lady?
Speaker 2: Is that right out there?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 2: You have the Buffalo bills playing great. I thought you were a chest into horses. Okay, we'll be back. We'll get you a stool. We'll be back the great Michelle. You ladies and gentlemen, that's the racist.
Speaker 3: Yes, we'll see you Sunday, sat the Kate's family in a miss boxing day and Matt's a horse. How about that.
Speaker 5: Just make sure you come on New Year's Day for a two dollars, two dollars day two.
Speaker 2: On my two dollars. Thank you, Michelle, Thank you, guys.
Speaker 5: Merry Christmas, Merry
Speaker 3: Christmas, Christmas to you and your love show, and we'll be back with Marga Great Sports Talk on amphis sports talk