Speaker 1: They define a movement the com I'm just kidding. Now they're bringing it back to life. My Chemical Romance is coming to target Field on August twenty fourth with special guests Sleeter Kenny. The full details now and your tickets today AKFA dot com cyber Calendar.
Speaker 2: Sleeter Kenny.
Speaker 3: It's Slater Slater like Albert Clifford Slater.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Slater n that's right. Yep.
Speaker 2: Have you seen them hogs?
Speaker 4: I have not seen them, no, but I know a little bit of their music. It's really good.
Speaker 2: Would you you want to go to go.
Speaker 4: When I was a young boy.
Speaker 5: I'd like to see My Chemical Romance. Yeah, dude, that'd be pretty cool.
Speaker 4: I'm hoping I could talk my my children into going with me because that for both of them, that record was a huge part of their childhood at different times. It's crazy Green Day and My Chemical Romance were the only two bands that really were big for both Abigail and Alex. It's it's I would love for that to be a thing. Well be that record?
Speaker 2: Can you can be the third third Wheel with me and Gianna?
Speaker 4: I love it? Let's go.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean sorry, I was just I thought somebody else was going to start talking.
Speaker 4: There having a moment.
Speaker 5: I was watching you no, no, no, hey, I I love ONR moments.
Speaker 2: I like watching your extending as much as you like. You know, he didn't like watching him work.
Speaker 1: You're talking about Hawk and I was just going to say the cop in Colorado, that's true too.
Speaker 3: That was like last week when Bill Garon was here and he mentioned that Kelly, the gal that runs the elevator in Saint Paul, was basically like, hey, you're not gonna you know, you're not going to get any and was like, oh, well, we'll see when he's when it comes to initials. And as soon as he said, uh uh, you know hey Kelly from the elevator.
Speaker 2: Pairs like, oh yeah, yeah, I know Kelly.
Speaker 3: It's like, well, yeah, you spent most of your career here with her going up and down the elevator.
Speaker 5: And it was more enthusiasm because he's such a sweet hei.
Speaker 6: Kelly is awesome.
Speaker 1: Yes, the thing was Kelly, she's, as you said, amazing, She's a wonderful woman.
Speaker 2: She's great.
Speaker 1: She asked me when Bill was going to be on. Yes, last week I said seven forty five. She goes, oh, Cale tune in then, and I'm like, oh boy, oh.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's okay. We'll take it.
Speaker 2: But she's so sweet. I wouldn't want to soil her. So she hates the show. It on twice a week.
Speaker 5: Oh that's It's funny how you can get those unintentional backhanded compliments. I guess, yes, sir, Yeah, I can't wait to listen when he's.
Speaker 2: On seven five. All right, let's do the news.
Speaker 1: This is Camp News with Chris Hockey, presented by the twenty twenty six IIA Jeff World Junior Championship.
Speaker 4: That's right, thank you, looking forward to that, right.
Speaker 1: Zacho single game tickets on sale now World Juniors m N two six.
Speaker 4: That kind well done, well thank you. I'm sure you guys have seen it. But in case you missed it, the twelfth album from Taylor Swift Pop last night, Wow, The Life of a show Girl was Now, what's the.
Speaker 2: Over under on how many albums she puts out?
Speaker 4: I don't know, that's a cool question, question.
Speaker 2: Fifteen kicking them out.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go see the movie tonight with the kiddo. She wants to see it. She's still swiftye at her.
Speaker 2: Still super young musicians it might be great man.
Speaker 3: You know what's interesting, though, Christopher, I can as the music industry continues to evolve, there are only a handful of people on the planet. I think that can pull off what she's pulling off in terms of there are no singles yet. Yeah right, it's not like she released a single three months ago to kind of ramp up for the album.
Speaker 2: That was never a thing.
Speaker 3: You can't do that, right, twenty thirty years ago, you had to release a singles if not too, to get the world excited to buy your CD or cassette or whatever back in the day. Now it's just like, hey, I'm I'm gonna release an album in October thirty, Okay, cool, what's the first song? Just wait to the third. Not even releasing a single, name a song on the new album.
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's unbelievable and pulling out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it is something. We'll see how it does.
Speaker 2: And that's assembling.
Speaker 4: We'll hear all about it. And did you guys hear a rumor that she turned down the Super Bowl halftimes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because she doesn't want to do it for free. Yeah right, I still will stand by. I don't think there's an upside for her to do it. I think you're correct. She has no reason. She's at the top of the pile. You only go down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when she gets to the point where she releases a record in the power of Morning Show, doesn't mention in the news, and then she needs to do that happen.
Speaker 2: You are well said, well said. How can she go down?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 2: Okay, calm down. Well no, I'm just saying, like, how, I like, how could it hurt her?
Speaker 3: I'm disappointed if it's if it's a disaster like when national anthem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she would kill it. She's knocking out of the park. Yeah, but it's not worth the risk for what's the risk? Oh, she goes down, the fans will love her. She could like slaughter a puppy on stage during it, and her friends with still fans will love her.
Speaker 2: We're talking about we're talking about the rest of.
Speaker 5: The Yes, she has she ever done it before? No, what I mean, it's little. She's to the point if she feels like.
Speaker 2: It always has always.
Speaker 5: I mean maybe it's been a goal.
Speaker 2: Maybe it hasn't been a goal. That's what I mean.
Speaker 4: She just might.
Speaker 3: Because it's like she is risking something. I didn't say she turned it down because she's risking something.
Speaker 4: I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It sounds like she's turning it down because she doesn't want to do it for free.
Speaker 3: I'm saying I don't think it's worth it for her because there's nowhere to go but up unless she wants to do it. I don't think you are sorry. There's no way to go but down. I don't think there's a higher peak for her to get to. Now, most people don't like the halftime show, right, Like, it's almost always, except for Prince like, universally panned. It's hard to nail it even if you're tailor, so the expectations would be abnormally and probably unfairly cry and it's tough to beat that. The only way you're going to do that is the Swifties are going to lose their minds and say she crushed it, and everybody else, just like bad Bunny is going to experience in a couple of months, we're all going to nitpick it and find out what we hated about it and move on with our lives.
Speaker 5: And that's and and especially like yeah, like the time, effort, money it takes to go into that, she's not interested and she doesn't need the exposure.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, correct, But either way we'll see.
Speaker 4: But do you remember when we were over here broadcasting and the halftime show was young Blood. I remember that.
Speaker 3: I do remember because it was basically there was like no reaction to him. Yeah yeah, yeah, no, he's a huge deal.
Speaker 4: And he brought that up last night and he was like and Corey was like, who the hell is that?
Speaker 3: And it was and he it was literally he was losing his mind on stage right, full energy, completely like quote went for it, and the crowd was just sitting on their hands, like when is it over?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know, the crowd wasn't booing, but it was just staring at him like is this almost over?
Speaker 1: It was like full Evermont Street, where like there's a farmer out there. Everybody's just kind of walking by nothing. Well said, yeah, yeah, I forgot that was him.
Speaker 2: He tried, the crowd didn't care.
Speaker 4: And if you guys remember the day before that, Abby and I saw him and Halsey at a comic book store in London.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, it's pretty cool man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty neat, move, pretty neat. Almost half of American state groceries are becoming harder to afford compared a year ago. In a new Harris Acxios Vibes pull, forty seven percent of respond to say groceries are harder to afford, compared to thirty four percent who said it's about the same. So there you go. There's that.
Speaker 3: Do you guys have because I know my answer, That's why I'm asking this. Do you guys have one product that you notice the price on more than any other thing that you buy?
Speaker 2: What's a good question.
Speaker 3: Mine's not even close because it's the one that I see change the most dramatically from I would say every couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, bacon or egg bacon at Costco.
Speaker 3: When I see the price of bacon at Costco, I'm like, jeez, it's back up to seventeen ninety nine. And then when it's like eleven nine, and now I'm like, hey, it's going the right way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: My My whole vibe on whether or not groceries are expensive one hundred percent indicated by the price of basic bacon at Costco. That's the old because everything else kind of blends together, but for whatever reason, that's the one that always stands out to me.
Speaker 2: You guys have them like that are closer to that eggs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, well I don't Nikki does the shopping shocking. Uh and uh, the one thing I can say is the one she's been complaining about the most eggs.
Speaker 2: Eggs Okay, costco, I.
Speaker 5: Was saying the same thing that. Besides, that's literally but that's yeah, the only thing I pay attention.
Speaker 4: I have a hard time affording hairspray these days.
Speaker 2: Lucky you same, yeah, yeah right right us yeah, correct, that movie looks terrible. Oh loves that movie hair Spray.
Speaker 4: It looks good.
Speaker 2: I'm with it. Looks awful.
Speaker 4: Organs National Guard troops in Portland could draw a special appearance of the World Naked Bike Ride organizers are playing an emergency ride in spot deployment of National Guard in Portland. Thousands of unclothed cyclists have been known to take part in rides in the Rose City in the past. They've been there to protest fossil fuels and such things. But uh, the emergency World Naked Bike Ride will be announced soon for all of you who like to ride naked.
Speaker 3: So my guess is this is one of those bits where it's it sounds good on paper, but it's probably like what eighty five percent, dudes, fifteen percent goals? Right, I mean it's called you said, it's called the naked bike ride in Portland.
Speaker 4: Naked.
Speaker 5: That's exactly right, Yeah, that is that's literally just sounds extremely uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know, speak for yourself. I think wife the seed off after you're done. Yeah, well don't seed. Maybe you're into that groady if you even have us. I've heard Portland's lovely. I've not been to Oregon before.
Speaker 5: Portland is yes, I've been there, and you play there, well yeah, I played first Seattle in the Western Hockey League in Portland was our main rival.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a really cool town.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Portland what Portland winter Hawks and they had the knockoff Chicago Blackhawks, so.
Speaker 2: They had great union and what were you doing, Settle, It'll be Chris in a few months.
Speaker 5: Seattle Thunderbirds Winter Rock Thunderbirds like kind of Seahawks ish colors and our logo like we the this wasn't like that third Jersey thing was kind of coming cool in the NHL, So our logo was like literally like the two can sam but Seattle Seahawks colors. It was actually was it was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Eat right now, old school like varsity leather Portland winter Hawks coat eight hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 2: You should buy you should buy it for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah right now.
Speaker 3: You know you could do is you could take that money you won from that horse race and buy it.
Speaker 1: Oh, coy, pick up the tab.
Speaker 2: It was a sure thing. Yeah, here comes the rams. So was my ar in Wisconsin. If we find video of that, that would be all awesome. Well maybe it'll be on bad beats with looking at the horse told picking Is.
Speaker 6: That is it?
Speaker 2: Pimlico? Is that the one that's in Baltimore? That sounds right? But that wasn't because they're they're under construction right now. I look that up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I came to some other drop for Yeah, how has this not been on top ten?
Speaker 2: I sent the link to you for that sweet coat.
Speaker 4: Thank you for that. I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: According to a new study, the overall functioning of the human brain reaches its peak between fifty five and sixty years old.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, what come on?
Speaker 6: What true?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So boy, I know some forms of intelligence build until the sixties, but others begin fading as early as your twenty yep.
Speaker 2: Hi, yeah, yep.
Speaker 4: The overall function of the human brain reaches his peak between the age fifty five and sixty, but not everything follows the same trajectory. Fluid intelligence, including reasoning, memory, memory Spanish should say memory Spanish memory span, and processing speed tends the peak in the early twenties. Crystallized intelligence, which is the accumulation of knowledge and experience, continues to build for decades. Sure personality traits also mature and increased throughout early adulthood before lettling off later in life. Moral reasoning doesn't happen in the United States of America. And flexibility the ability to shift smoothly between tasks and strategies when circumstances change, and cognitive empathy the ability to get over I should say the ability to get what others are thinking. Both fade with age.
Speaker 3: So you guys, you guys, from time to time at the ages that we all now are, except for Zachary's that still hanging under you, hanging out, but he smokes a lot of weed. But for the rest of us. But for the rest of us, I remember, you know, late teens, early twenties. If something extremely complex was presented to me, whether it was in life or in school, I remember my brain going like all right, like and then you can feel yourself do the beautiful mind thing. You're like, I'm trying to piece this all the game. I can see this. I don't understand that, but can I put this over here? Like you can see the wheel spinning in your own mind now at forty five, the second I know like, oh man, this is going to be a workload, my brain shuts off.
Speaker 2: After about two seconds, I'm like, nah, that train has passed me by. Like I immediately check.
Speaker 3: Out, like not interested unless it's poker related, correct, And I just move on because I know twenty years ago I could have started and been engaged and tried to figure out what the hell you're talking about. At this point, it is in one ear and out the other, and I am moving out.
Speaker 6: What if that's.
Speaker 2: Always been that way for you, that's how you felt since about kindergarten? Yeah, primary colors?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm at the answer. I'm at the age where when buddies asked to me like, hey, can you help me move?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, yeah, sure, what do you need like two hundred bucks? You're like I ain't doing it? Yeah, no way, Thank you, Chad, yep, is that right? Chad hired overs instead of asking.
Speaker 1: Us once you reach a certain age. Beer isn't a form of pact? Give me American currency? Yeah, please do the word, I'll send you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Two men in a in a moving trouble.
Speaker 1: Well, he said that he got some college honk movers, but none of them are and.
Speaker 2: You showed up and put lawn chairs in the front yard.
Speaker 1: Well that's I was going to him blood I did. Apparently they weren't honks at all.
Speaker 4: Oh, false advertising.
Speaker 2: So just working guys and aren't good looking. Way to judge guns, that's their fault.
Speaker 3: Could you imagine if you had like a you know, one seventy i Q though, and everything that was thrown at you, you're like processing processing.
Speaker 2: Instead, it's just like a god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just want to follow a plot of a TV show and go to bed.
Speaker 2: Right, it's not even severn. You're like, what's going on here?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Anything higher than that and I'm checking out.
Speaker 4: It's one of the great things about doing a show with so many different people on it is whenever a math problem comes up, I just wait for one of you guys to do it.
Speaker 6: Fair.
Speaker 2: I wait for Zach and sauce to do it. Yeah, that's half way.
Speaker 4: I have the fun Yep, you're laugh at them like I knew the answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, correct. Then half the time you go, thank god you didn't ask me.
Speaker 2: That's right, White Bear Mass.
Speaker 4: There you go. That's the news, guys.
Speaker 2: That was the news. Sweet.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll come back, we'll do sports. Marnie should be joining us in a second. We'll sneak in Adam feelin in the next like twenty five minutes or so, and then about seven forty we'll check in from England with KOC with his press conference.
Speaker 2: That's where Chris is.
Speaker 3: Of course, the Vikings take on the Browns eight thirty Sunday, right here on the fan.
Speaker 2: More of the Power Trip Money Show after this.
Speaker 4: Time.
Speaker 7: Now for the Vikings Report, presented by Hive, the official grocery partner of the Minnesota Vikings linebacker Jonathan Grenard. It joins the Power Trip next. Thanks to Ivy.
Speaker 1: Comedian Kelsey Cook is bringing an eye to laughs to the Fitzgerald Leader this Saturday. We have your tickets to go to the show. Be caller eleven right now to win a pair of tickets to the Late show this Saturday. One hundred three twos are fifty three twenty six. Good luck, it's tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be badass sausage time for sports.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, man, you said, we have a semi breaking Vikings news as well, so let's let's fire that up.
Speaker 7: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip presented by All Around your Timber Tech deck building contractor.
Speaker 1: So Kevin Stefanski spoke to the media and one of the names that popped up on their injury report on Wednesday was cornerback Greg Newsom, their best corner. He said, it's ay, we'll see if he plays on Sunday, that would be a big loss for the Bears, Brows browns. Excuse me, Yeah, what's his name again? Tell me Greg Newsom. He's their best corner. So great, they might be down the start time decision. Yeah, they might be down a starting corner back.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, we'll take all the help we need because we're decimated by injury. So it's only fair that they are. Yeah, well said, that's right.
Speaker 1: We'll get to it probably here in what twenty minutes, Hogs when the head coach speaks, but he'll get an updated injury report. But the vikings Battle of the Browns on Sunday eight to thirty. Pre game at six thirty am. Your Vikings are four and a half point favorites Hogs.
Speaker 2: Daddy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm looking forward to the game.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: It's a fun same. It's gonna be loud, it's going to be great atmosphere, as it always is. I love to see which jerseys people are wearing and watch everybody kind of celebrate when we kick a field goal. But when we get down to the battle on the field. I know I'm a positive guy by nature, but I still feel pretty good about it, specifically because we're going to be playing a rookie cornerback and Brian Fores is our defensive coordinator. That's the bottom line.
Speaker 1: Week five started with a wild game between the Rams and Niners. The decimated forty nine Ers held on to win twenty six twenty three, and O T I turn it off at halftime.
Speaker 2: So here's your Rams forty nine Ers report from court.
Speaker 3: The short of it is, despite the great start by the Niners and the huge lead, the Rams mostly dominated quarters two through four, and with a minute to go in regulation, they had the ball within the I don't know I don't know, think it was like the three or four yard line, and they handed it off to Kirian Williams and he fumbled on the one. So if he gets in the end zone, the Rams probably win the game.
Speaker 2: But instead they ended up getting.
Speaker 3: The ball back in regulation after three timeouts and kicked the field goal to tie it to send it to overtime, and then honestly blew it late in overtime as well because they had fourth in inches from the eleven. So instead of going for the tie, because McVay wasn't interested in the tie, they called the really basic, boring run and the Niners stuff the hell out of it.
Speaker 1: And like I said earlier, it's because they don't want Stafford in a tush push because of his old.
Speaker 3: Man back man, which is a good call, brill so and Sean mcvayz already said this morning he doesn't in any way regret going for it.
Speaker 2: He just hates the actual play call that you call. And I think that's the right decision.
Speaker 3: Is if you kick the field goal there, you're tied with about three minutes to go in overtime, which basically means the Niners are either going to win or do everything they can to make sure you don't get the ball back. So they are bottoming out at a tie, but going for the win. So mcveigh's basically, Sam, I'm not putting that team in that spot where they have all the leverage. We're going to take our own fade into our own hands. We're on the eleven, let's go for it. So I love the call, but it was the most standard, boring run play, and.
Speaker 5: The Niners were all over and they stuff, and like you said, Stafford's got a bad back, so obviously he's not going to do the tush pusher.
Speaker 2: He's not going to take it himself.
Speaker 5: Well, San Francisco knows that too, So yeah, you got to hide something you can't just because that's exactly what they're expecting, right, They're going to make sure just the simple handoff isn't going to work.
Speaker 1: The injury decimated forty nine. Ers are four and one born one man, and they have no one, no one. The Rams are three and two. Hogs Daddy. The Gophers battle the o iiO State on Saturday at six thirty. The pregame will be at four thirty right here on this station. The Gophers are three and one, Ohio State is four to OZHO when the Gophers are a twenty three and a half point underdog.
Speaker 4: I still think that's too many points. And I'm glad that we made that bet. I think I'm gonna be one hundred dollars Richard. But you know it's a bad sign when the Fargo Flash is having a hard time giving you a positive update.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all bit decided you should have heard him off the air.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean most he was more aggressive off the air, but he's like this team is a machine. He's like, she's gonna be so hard to stop them. So it's one of those how are we going to keep up with them? And then their defense is shutting almost everybody out right five and a half points a game. So even though Drake Lindsay looks like he has something and we finally have a quarterback, no offense to Brozeman, because that was just one year, we get three or four years out of Lindsay looks like he's gonna sling it. But Flash was like, I don't know if anybody can move the ball on this defense.
Speaker 1: And like I said yesterday, he set off the air that the Ohio State defense on third and six, longer has given up one first down. Fun that's unbelievable. Let's see here baseball. Yesterday, the Tigers beat the Guardian six y three. They will move on. The Cubs beat My Dad's three to one, and the Yankees blank the Red Sox four to oh. They will all play on Saturday, and that will start with the Cubs at the Brewers at one eight, then the Yankees at the Blue Jays at three to eight, Dodgers at Phillies, and then the Tigers will go all the way to Seattle and battle the ninety win Mariner.
Speaker 2: Hey, let me, can I go back to football for a second.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna ask a really dumb question, but I'm just curious to see if anybody goes the other way. You can only have one team win this weekend, the Gophers of the Vikings.
Speaker 2: Which one?
Speaker 6: And why?
Speaker 2: Oh it's the Vikings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I go Gophers to beat the number one team in the country is twenty three and a half point underdog any other opponent. I'd much rather have the Gophers stun the world and knock off Number one than the Vikings beat the Browns. I know that the Vikings are a much bigger deal, but that that would be gigantic if you can take out number.
Speaker 2: One, especially on prime time.
Speaker 3: See, I thought it was going to be unanimous that it was the Gophers. That's why I'm glad I asked because it was split.
Speaker 4: You know, I would love that. Don't get me wrong, I love college football. I love the Gophers. But that is a that would be like something catastrophic happened and we won somehow. Weirdly, every game matters so much in the NFL. We need this win very very badly.
Speaker 2: Vikings, Yeah, well, I'm on board with the Bikes. Crazy can bounce.
Speaker 1: I think the Vikings can bounce back from that a loss this weekend, I don't think. I think the Gophers would have their program completely changed by win.
Speaker 3: The game changer if you can knock off number one, especially if Drake Lindsay is the reason, right, if he like it's his true coming out party, he throws for four hundred yards and you take on the number one team and now all eyes are on Drake Lindsay for the next three years.
Speaker 2: That would be.
Speaker 1: Especially when the guy who says they're going to win every game thinks they're going to get rolled.
Speaker 2: Over, right, So the all time optimist. It's proven wrong.
Speaker 4: Good well, Corey Sauce. Like my grandpa always said, why don't we go down the hill and beat both.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, your grandpa, Jack, I'm called for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's weird. Good morning morning? Is it a cemon? Cinnamon roll? Florida state?
Speaker 8: Half of a plain white?
Speaker 2: Long time? Where'd you get that from? Brought donuts? Oh? You brought donuts? Yeah, she's sweet dots.
Speaker 8: It's my birthday tomorrow, but mostly I wanted donuts.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday tomorrow.
Speaker 5: And you know what, since we're on that subject, Good morning, mom, and happy birthday.
Speaker 2: Love you very very very much, Mama, Happy birthday, birthday.
Speaker 4: And you know what, while we're at it, my mommy's birthday is tomorrow, So happy birthday back in Indiana. Who's listening out there? Yep, the same day as Marts baby, that's right.
Speaker 2: Birthday hogs mom, wohy birthday hugs yeady. Yeah. A lot of birthdays, yeah, there are.
Speaker 8: It's almost like every day someone has one, it's weird.
Speaker 4: But not every date is Marny or my mommy? Yeah, my mom or your mommy?
Speaker 2: All right, mom's in a mess.
Speaker 4: I'd love a donut. But I'd love to go to break just in case we have we come back, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Feeling maybe in a second KOC press conference shortly.
Speaker 2: Marnie is here. This is the Power to Monty chow On the Fan.
Speaker 1: Country's Outlaw is coming to Minneapolis. Do not miss Eric Church Live a Grand Casino Arena February seventh, that she brings the fire and you don't want to miss it. Tickets are on sale now. The full detail said KFE dot com keyword calendar.
Speaker 3: All right, but forty minutes or so from now we play initials. We're getting close to game six hundred. Couple games away from that, we're at one hundred thousand, five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: For the jackpot. That's going to be sweet.
Speaker 3: Alicia Lewis from Caro eleven's on our way and she's gonna take on Sauce and Marnie and Parish Chris is in England. The coach is about to speak pretty surely. We're going to try to track down Adam Feeling. What's going on with Vikes and Browns. Just a couple of days away, it's.
Speaker 7: Time for Vikings us on. The Power Trip presented by.
Speaker 2: Joe exists Marnie Chris Chris, Marni, Hi, Hi, buddy. How's your trip going.
Speaker 4: It's going great, so course, so good. A great day.
Speaker 8: Yesterday, wonderful. How's your laundry situation?
Speaker 4: They had laundry Force Tuesday, and so I got some clean drawers and I got some clean T shirts. I'm doing pretty well. A little low on the sock situation, but hey, no big dying.
Speaker 8: Okay, that's a really nice I'm offering, because that can be a real challenge. I've been on long road trips and you're just on your own to figure it out. So that's awesome that they offered laundry. And I'm glad you're having a good trip. And I can't wait to see me there.
Speaker 3: He's more concerned about the lack of five hour energies across England.
Speaker 2: He can't find him.
Speaker 4: I don't know how they live over here.
Speaker 6: I hope the.
Speaker 2: Four hours at a time apparently, aren't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, So if I say a little talking a little slower than normal.
Speaker 2: And getting an Australian sun, I don't know what that was. I don't know what that was there.
Speaker 4: I was nailing my Irish accent. Yes, you're trying to do an English accent, but I was nailing an Irish accent. It's pretty crazy. But you want me to talk like this? Yeah, because I can do it like this all day long. People think I'm really from Ireland.
Speaker 2: So why don't you beat English or British and you talk to Irish?
Speaker 9: Chris go should do that for day hawk day, not even an effort of an accents.
Speaker 1: That's a big head, thank you. That's not just American English. You said English, that's the language I speak barely. Okay, yeah, all right. What's it looking like over there? Anybody walking up? Anybody getting ready? What's the deal?
Speaker 4: I've been told now dealing's looking more like seven fifty ish, So we got about ten minutes and I am not seeing anybody gathering for the coach. So we're just gonna play it by year man. You know, it's gonna We're gonna wait for them to make their way over here. It's raining pretty good right now, so they're gonna be damp when they walk in, so they may need to be toweling off before they walk over. So you know, as soon as.
Speaker 1: Poss he's said on the practice field, oh.
Speaker 2: I actually was, Actually he is really. Of course he is now working him back in yea life.
Speaker 3: It's live feeds, so just in case something happens, it doesn't get blurred out.
Speaker 6: Whoop.
Speaker 2: See. No, he's focusing on work for us.
Speaker 3: How many times do you think Zach watched the video of Max Brosmer going on the London Eye.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, all of them just trying to find T. J. Hawkinson. That's that's funny. Get back on that ride. Yeah, I think it's kind of hot there.
Speaker 4: That's cool to start with that hat and work your way down.
Speaker 2: We're doing your monologue. Yeah, I don't know where you heard all that in your head?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Live on Twitter? Remember, yeah, you walked it all right.
Speaker 3: Since we're gonna do kind of Vikings news when feeling get turned the second Marins, what's new with you?
Speaker 2: What do you got your birthdays tomorrow? You brought us donuts.
Speaker 3: I love that birthday donuts for us, So congratulations to us.
Speaker 2: That was very nice. Thanks.
Speaker 8: I'm going to see Kelsey Cook the six thirty show tomorrow. I heard her call in yesterday talking about that getting rear ended on the way to a Vikings game and she got a mild concussion and I can't imagine getting ready to tape at Netflix special navigating all of that. So I'm sure there's a lot going on, but very much looking forward to that and hanging out. Otherwise, we get, you know, surgery recovery for Grady. That's interesting. He really can't do a whole lot on his own. The worst part, what was that?
Speaker 2: Can you remind us who that is? My son?
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 6: That makes your mind?
Speaker 5: It remind him from a guy that took up got a lot of surgeries.
Speaker 2: That's the worst part.
Speaker 5: The recovery is literally straight up boring.
Speaker 2: No, I'm getting it a prayer. You're getting a firm prepared parent. But I.
Speaker 3: Definitely sounds like you said, I'm getting him a PERM like you are going to gift girder just to recover, getting him crazy hair.
Speaker 5: I'm getting him prepared. That's just it sucks. That's the worst thing about a surgery. It's just the recovery is boring.
Speaker 2: Just sitting still. I broke my leg when I was fifteen. Hashtag of hashtag perms for Grady support.
Speaker 8: There's there's a gofund me as being established.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I try and say something nice on this show, you just might misspeak.
Speaker 3: Marty if you win initials today, instead of giving haircuts for a year thanks to great clips, just give Grady a perm for an entire year.
Speaker 2: If you went for free.
Speaker 4: It's gonna go well with that eighty six.
Speaker 5: I think you can rocket, see yeah, hockey grease, I think he can rocket.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just gonna get it. He's gonna drive around looking great. Perm man Camaro, He's gonna look great.
Speaker 2: Can you just smell that solution? Whether it was your grandma or he.
Speaker 8: Walked into a salon as a kid and women were getting perms, smell.
Speaker 5: So like, you know, the the hockey hair back back in the day was just the mullets and everything. So you gotta so. My brother had like the long wave in the front and then he got the back permed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's tell you what.
Speaker 2: I would make fun of that. But I also I ct that exact hair.
Speaker 8: I specifically grew out the back so that I could permit.
Speaker 2: And I did, and then I feathered the front. Chris Money was rocking the same haircut. Chris, can you relate to that? You smelled a lot of grandmothers.
Speaker 4: I have, I have. I love the smell I do. It's just a you know, it's like a weird combination of hard candy, right, Aquinette hair Spray love It, oil of Ole, of course, Alberto v O five and uh strangely apricots and sea breeze.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 3: I don't know why why everybody's so anti hard candy. You don't have to be old. I've liked hard candy since I was about six, right, like were there's originals f Yeah, those are amazing. Yeah, quite same, great grape and green apple, Jolly Rangers for Life, watermelon A plus.
Speaker 2: Have a bowl of them, put them out. Yeah, I'll have four or five and.
Speaker 8: You'll get it'll be left out a little bit so it gets a little soft, and you'll you'll have a piece of the wrapper in your mouth that had stuck to the candy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Perfect. He looked for me to also.
Speaker 8: Since you asked Corey this morning for the first time, I'm trying my my iced coffee a little trick.
Speaker 2: I got this.
Speaker 8: I got an ice coffee yesterday and on Amazon, I bought a ice cube holder, like a rubbery smaller smaller medding, meaning half the slots still big sized cubes.
Speaker 2: You got pulled around and got a triple double.
Speaker 8: And because this coffee, which happens to be a vanilla sweet cream cold brew from Starbucks is awesome but expensive, so I get it with light ice.
Speaker 2: I scooped it.
Speaker 8: Out when I got home, the ice, and then poured some of my coffee into the ice cube container into the freezer.
Speaker 2: The coffee goes in the fridge.
Speaker 8: And now this morning, I put those ice cubes, which are now vanilla sweet cream cold brew into See what you're saying, Gaffy, because you get that ice Americano from Caribou from from John Bonas every Tuesday, and the ice melts and waters down your coffee a little bit and you can't even really see these.
Speaker 2: But this is perfection. I see what you're saying here. I like that. I love the strategy. Interesting, what a hack, And if.
Speaker 8: I play it right, I hack mis honestly will last me two days. So if I'm at home, it goes back in the fat well. It's a Venti.
Speaker 2: It's like a soap recycler. Chris's recycling coffee. Why don't you just buy a smaller size? You get a freshman America, let her do what she wants and get like double the size for one dollar more. Just not all of us playing in the NHL.
Speaker 1: Mark, Well, just wait till Wednesday and Parish'll bring you a free one.
Speaker 2: Or wake up earlier you would have got my text.
Speaker 8: Yeah, get get your text.
Speaker 2: I just okay. I mean I'm on a budget budget, so I'm here too early.
Speaker 5: For a coffee for you, But then you're going to use that one for two days. Two hours is too early, but two days is good enough for that one.
Speaker 2: It's correct.
Speaker 4: Oh, you got a groove on anyway, Martin's got on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got donuts, I got coffee. Yeah, high fiving Parish. Yep, what was the name? Leave money for hookers and blalls.
Speaker 4: Missota Vikings Cleveland Browns go head to head in the first London game of the year on Sunday. The Purple were in Dublin last week. As you guys might remember, they fell too and two with a twenty four to twenty one loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Vikings will start Carson went to quarterback for the third week in rows. JJ McCarthy continues to recover from an ankle injury, but again the word on the street is that he's slowly being worked back into the lineup. On the field Meanwhile, the one of three Browns lost to the Lions thirty four to ten and Week four. Cleveland made a change of quarterback earlier this week, taking the keys to the offense from veteran Joe Flacco and handing them over to rookie Dylan Gabriel. Minnesota has never lost a game in the United Kingdom.
Speaker 2: Sweet, keep it that way.
Speaker 3: Let's road Dylan, how do we how do we end up being the road team in Germany or Australia in the next couple of years?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: Because our home turf? You know, the territories? Howeverybody gets a territory in London?
Speaker 2: Is one of ours? Is it the Rams that have Australia? Correct?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know who the Germany teams are. But still, how do we get on their schedule and be the road team for one of those Germany or Australia games?
Speaker 4: What about Rio? Did you guys hear they're doing three games Rio?
Speaker 1: Three?
Speaker 6: That's right?
Speaker 2: And on that one too?
Speaker 4: She dances on the sound great song, thank you?
Speaker 3: Can we have a game in like Vancouver too, something a little closer but new.
Speaker 2: Let's change it.
Speaker 5: As much as many times I've been there, I love Vancouver. It's absolutely gorgeous, gorgeous.
Speaker 4: How do we have a game at the super Bowl? That would be cool?
Speaker 2: That would be lost. I changed my answer. We'll talk. Don't hold your breath.
Speaker 3: Hey, no, no, I don't mean about the Vikings. I just think that's a good piece of advice in general and life.
Speaker 2: That's one of the best pieces of advices. You can get breath.
Speaker 5: Just wait so long as you can hold your breath, Pearl janest breathe.
Speaker 1: That's a good question because every once in a while underwater, like right here, sitting how long could you do it? Every once in a while on Instagram they'll do those bits for like it'll show you, like how long if you hold your breath, how good your lungs are?
Speaker 2: I can do it pretty decently. Long. Give me a number. Take a guess. Fifteen seconds.
Speaker 3: All right, here's a sixty second timer. Ready, tell me when it started. Get close and washed and see if he's cheating.
Speaker 4: A lot of breath from sitting up.
Speaker 2: Yep, tell me when you're ready, he broath. Let's see how long you can hold your.
Speaker 3: Breaths anything, and tell me when and if. By the way, if Adam Thielen sits down in the middle of your breath holding, Do not quit, keep going.
Speaker 2: We're gonna make him wait, okay you ready hold on? Tell me when.
Speaker 3: He's getting mentally ready, and then I'm gonna hit the old stop Watch on my phone here too, ready go, that's the most focused he's ever been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for anything, that's a weird look, Chris. By the way, if this works right, our plan has been completed. It looks like he's just doing the show. That's not how Dane. I might have screwed it up.
Speaker 4: Sorry, hey, Adam, feeling what's up meets also seeing how long it can hold his breath right now? Oh boy, yeah, it's happening as we speaking.
Speaker 6: Are you guys trying to make him laugh?
Speaker 4: No? No, no, well you can't do that. I'm gonna see it.
Speaker 2: Oh that was thirty six.
Speaker 5: Than I thought he was gonna get because if anyone was listening, Adham, I bet you would have love to listen to his breathing routine going into it, because he had He's nice, yeah, long slow, deep breaths going, and then he's like, all right, go, yeah.
Speaker 2: He got winded from city. Now where was the long deep breaths? You literally gave yourself no chance.
Speaker 4: Right off the.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess this is what we are, and you guys go over seas and we just are sitting back here and holding our breath and timing it.
Speaker 2: We have nothing else to talk about.
Speaker 6: I was I was about to say, are you guys okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Do we need to send someone over there?
Speaker 4: You got here?
Speaker 6: What you did?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That was they were.
Speaker 4: So how are you feeling? How are you man?
Speaker 6: Good? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Great, it's uh I'm ready to get back back home. Yeah, but uh no, it's good. Get to go down to the city after this, so go see my wife, which will be nice.
Speaker 4: Oh that's cool. Great. Yeah, I was wondering if you were going to go intown to do that. So a little rainy out there today, but practice is over for the day. Are you guys done for the day?
Speaker 6: Done for the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah? How's it going out there?
Speaker 6: It's good. Yeah, we got some good work.
Speaker 10: And I think it's a little bit different than the past where you just have like one day and just and you're like completely out of it from the travel and all that. So being on the time here and having a few days here has been really good and had some really great practices. Feels a little wet today, a little slick. Yet we'll be playing on turf.
Speaker 6: On Sunday, so that's good.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, guys back there, please feel free.
Speaker 3: Adam, how different is it with Carson now compared to two weeks ago?
Speaker 6: Yeah, totally different.
Speaker 10: You can tell that he's comfortable with the offense, he's not thinking, and then he kind of knows what to expect from us as receivers or skill position.
Speaker 6: So yeah, a lot of comfort there.
Speaker 10: I think the coaches have a lot of comfort in him, so they're able to put a little bit more on his plate. So yeah, it's been a really good week of practice, just to continue our prep and get ready for a big game on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Adam, how have you, as one of the leaders and all the other leaders rallied this team with all the injuries you have.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think it comes down to just not talking about it, but going and doing it on the field, right. I think the best leaders don't really have to give raw Russ, you just you know, obviously, every once in a while that's needed, but for the most part, it's like you just got to go out there and do it. You know, you got to go bust your tail and practice. You got to make every rep count and people start to follow that and see that and understand that that's what it takes to play at a high level, especially consistently.
Speaker 4: And I heard this morning. I'm sorry, go ahead, Marty, go ahead, please.
Speaker 8: I was going to ask a question of Adam being a professional athlete and how important routine is daily routine to athletes And when you're in another country and you're staying in hotels and cities that you're a little unfamiliar with. Man, maybe the food is different, and maybe the shows on TV that you'd like to follow asleep to are different. What kinds of things have you found that you've tried to do to keep your routine in a couple of cities that are maybe a little bit different for your routine.
Speaker 10: Yeah, a very very very out of routine right now. So you just kind of find a way to make it work and take advantage of whatever resources you have here. You know, obviously back home, especially in the NFL, right like, we're not used to being on the road for multiple days, especially during the prep week or the week of prep.
Speaker 6: So yeah, it's it's it's a lot different.
Speaker 10: You kind of you kind of know when you're back home, like, hey, this day, I get a massage. You know, this day, I get in early, and I get in the tubs and I and I go in the training room and and here you just don't have those resources, so you just take advantage of it. You know, we're we're here in a hotel all together. So instead of being at home, you got you have time. You know, family's not here, so you have time to go down to the training room at six seven at night. You got time to go into the sauna at the at the pool area and and getting the pool, getting the sauna.
Speaker 6: Take advantage of those times.
Speaker 10: So, uh, you're definitely completely out of routine, completely out of what the normal week looks like.
Speaker 6: But you got to find a way to take advantage of it.
Speaker 4: Again, Adam Dylan's our guests. So we were sitting here this morning and got breaking news from Adam Schefter. The cornerback Greg Newsome might not be playing for Cleveland this weekend. Obviously that's a big loss for them. Have you guys found that out as a team yet? Did you know that when you sat down.
Speaker 6: No breaking news to me, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Breaking news to you? What does that tell you what does that does? How does that feels that matter to you at all?
Speaker 10: Yeah, So it's the funny thing is in the NFL, it's like I feel like that's a bigger deal for the coaches than it is for us. You know, obviously a great football player, So but I think what happens when guys you know get out, you know, especially late in the in the week, I think their kind of game plan sometimes changes, maybe more cover two or maybe different coverages than you would probably would have seen if he's out there. So more of a coach thing than us at the end of the day, Like whoever's lined up over there over you like, you gotta find a way to beat him, right uh, And you know, you try to study these guys and kind of know what they're gonna throw at you. So maybe some unscouted looks by a backup corner whoever that may be, where you.
Speaker 6: Don't really know what you're gonna get out of them.
Speaker 10: But for the most part, you know that you can kind of see the tendencies of the entire cornerback room by what their coach to do. Are they a soft shoot guy, are they more physical at the line? Are they more comfortable being off and you kind of have tendencies of the entire group.
Speaker 6: So you try to go off.
Speaker 1: That, hey, Adam with the offensive line issues, not that they're issues with you. Guys have injuries and it'll be kind of all hands on deck to slow down. Miles Garrett, what does that do for you? Have you kind of been Are you gonna be one that will chip him when you go off the off the line?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I like you said, it's all hands on deck.
Speaker 10: You gotta do what you had to do to make sure that we're still being able to push the ball down the field in this league. In this league, you can't be one dimensional or or you can't be in the passing game one dimensional by saying like, oh, we're only gonna throw a quick game and we're only gonna throw these five yard routes. Because they know that too. They know that there's injuries up front. They know that we're gonna try to get the ball out of our hands. So when you say all hands on deck, it's like, yeah, I might have to chip, I might have to stay in protection a little bit longer to help out o those guys. And again, it's it's a lot of us doing different things to help that. But when you got a pass rusher like Miles Garrett, you do whatever it takes to make sure that we can push that ball down the field.
Speaker 4: Anybody, no, cool, I'm looking at your helmet so it's obviously rainy outside. You've got you're wearing the the visor. Do you wear those during the games?
Speaker 6: I do? Yeah?
Speaker 4: How do you keep? How do you see through that? I mean, look at the moisture on there.
Speaker 6: Oh, well you.
Speaker 4: Didn't have a show wiper.
Speaker 6: You can't mess up the swag.
Speaker 4: Correct, it's a good look.
Speaker 10: You know, you don't look good, you don't feel good, and you don't play good.
Speaker 2: Amen, right, you know, yeah, well you look good?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hope you feel good.
Speaker 2: Man. That just shook your hands down.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: How did he you guys know him?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We don't claim no no, no, no no.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't claim him either.
Speaker 4: Don't worry, Adam. Good luck, man, appreciate the time. Thank you for rushing over here and talking to Yeah. Absolutely good to talk to you. And good luck on Sunday. And let's get this win man.
Speaker 1: We don't get it absolutely there, right, thanks, appreciate it man.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Adam Feland of the Minnesota Vikings in England with Christopher Hockey. What a great dude. Yeah he's the best. Yeah, good dude. All right, we'll come.
Speaker 4: Back and she's going up to the podium.
Speaker 2: Oh, there he is.
Speaker 4: As we speak. I'll go listen, tell you what he says.
Speaker 2: It all right, yep.
Speaker 3: Alicia Lewis is in the building. She's going to play initials in about fifteen twenty minutes. Mark Parrish is here, Marney Gellner is here, Chris is still live in England. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the Fan.