Speaker 1: This is the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by TOF. Sheldon Roundtable Show live from Longnecks and Wilder, presented by Postman Law. Brought to you in part by Honda East and Honda East Power Equipment Dealer. Skyline Chile Feeling good, It's Skyline time.
Speaker 2: R and L Carriers.
Speaker 1: Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider, your tri state Chevy Dealers, Chevrolet the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for the past nine years. Chevrolet Together, Let's drive Postman Law Injured Call eight four four Postman Others Promised Postman delivers and by Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon five one three five one three toph On seven hundred WLW the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 3: There, let's keep it moving our second hour tonight, We're hanging at it Longnecks in rich Wood on Lance Pcalister. Rocky's out tonight. He's on a cyb and he has an Espaame Trags kind enough to step in for him. In the first hour. His duties are done, so he's enjoying a burger and fries hanging out. We've got UC football conversation to get to later on in this hour, some high school football with Greg Shoemaker of tray Statefootball dot Com the high School Football Tonight Show, and then Dan Klaskins has the Fantasy Football for you coming up at seven point fifty. This is a treat on a night of phill Ins. Chad Brendle sent me a text this morning. He says, Hey, my daughter's got a volleyball match and he is the PA voice of Simon Kenton Volleyball for his daughter. And I said, absolutely, totally understand. He said, how about Keegan? I said, I'd love to talk with Keegan nickoson so Lo and behold from Bearcat Journal dot com. We welcome in, said Keegan Nicholson.
Speaker 2: How are you. I'm doing excellent And anytime I can fill in for Chad is awesome, And you should tell him how he feels about But you should ask him how he feels about being the PA announcer for his daughter's volleyball team. I think it's probably his favorite job that he has. That is awesome, That is outstanding.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get into you see football big win over Iowa State number fourteen last week they won four straight big one coming up at Nippert Saturday against UCUP. Let's start first with this tag team of running backs they have, because man, you watched Tawie Walker and you watch Evan Pryor. They combined for two hundred on Saturday. What a dynamic duo that gives you all facets? Did you be looking for the run game?
Speaker 2: It really was the perfect microcosm of that Yin and Yang kind of situation because you start the game with I think it was a thirty thirty five yeard touchdown on a counter to Evan Pryor where he just ran all over. He just explosively right through the middle of the offense. And then Tawie Walker, I think he's number fourteen's legal guardian on Iowa State now for strutting him twice. And when we were talking with some offensive linemen on Tuesday, they said it was a good truck and they've never seen someone's feet come up in the air after getting hit, and that was one of the most impressive part about it. And yeah, it's a great piece of the offense, and there's so many levels of that offense that are working so well right now. But having those two running backs, especially in this scheme that emphasizes his own run and wants to establish the run. It sets the entire offense up for some success.
Speaker 3: And as it's been said many times over the years, it all starts upfront that offensive line opening up holes and protecting Brendan Sorosby. And I don't know if people fully understand this in a city where we're always talking offensive line play and Bengals quarterbacks getting hit. Brendon Soorsby has been sacked one single time the entire season, which is hard to fathom and pretty damn impressive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the one time he was sacked, it was kind of a throwaway play where it was a boot to the right and the offensive linement of the last and Kansas just called the perfect play and had a free runner at the quarterback. And I think he's on then actually hit period twice the entire season, and they were both against Kansas. And I think this team's ability to be really good in pass protection and really good and run blocking is kind of the most impressive thing. And Chad had brought it up multiple times. Usually you either get like really powerful, really strong run blockers that aren't that good and past pro because they're not finesse enough, or you get or it gets the inverse, and this team has both, and it's it's really Nick Cardwell who he teaches violence at the point of attack. That's his big thing. Whether it's pass protection or it's run blocking, he wants his guys to be violent. They hit on Evan Tangasol, who was a true freshman in twenty twenty three. He developed into a good left guard. They hit on Tarantio, who's the right guard. They hit on Joe Potton, who is the left aqua to South Dakota, who's probably going to be an NFL draft pick after next season, and it's all working out. DeAndre Biefer is probably the guy that's had the roughest season, But how rough can the season be when you've only allowed one SAT as an entire offensive line. So I think the entire group is performing really, really well.
Speaker 3: Keegan nickoson check it in tonight from Bearcat Journal Bearcat Journal dot com, talking you see football. Let me ask you a non x's and o's question about this team, and I'd be interested in your observation because mine from afar is that in a world of nil and portal and turnover chemistry and pieces fitting can be difficult to come by. But man, every week when I'm driving home listening to the Scott Saderfield Show and I hear the players that are on the show, or I hear them in interviews, you do that seems like collectively a group that fits together. And I don't want to sound corny, but they enjoy being together. Is there something to that with this team?
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, And I think Tawie Walker he said it himself on Tuesday at the radio show. If someone ask them, like, Hey, what's the biggest differences or what are some similarities between here and Wisconsin? And obviously it's a Cincinnati thing, he's trying to poke at them and say, hey, Luke Fickle was your head coach? What's different now? And he said, plainly, he said, there is more belief and heart in this team, and it starts from the top up, from the top down. With the leaders like to say that and about having so much success here, I think he really really has to mean it and have the proof to be able to back it up because it's a very very bold plane. And I think one of those leaders is Brendan Storzy, who looks I love this dude's game. How he runs the ball, how he throws the ball. I love how he plays. He looks like he's having fun, but he's genuinely just a really really good dude. Like he's a really really good human being that you would just want to sit down and have a conversation with. And the most impressive thing about him to me is after that last PCU game last year and they go five and seven, lose five straight, he was very very quick to commit to coming back after the game. He could have said, you know, I want to keep my options open. I'm gonna talk with my agent and my parents and we'll see what happens. Because there were some schools coming after him. But he wants to win at Cincinnati. He wants to win for Scott Sadderfield, and that kind of leadership and that commitment kind of trickled down throughout the entire team on both sides of the ball.
Speaker 3: That may be the answer to my next question, but I'll ask it anyway. They beat Arizona State last year to get to five and two. I remember doing the topic, you know, has UC turned the corner? Are you buying into Scott's seta They proceeded to not win another game the rest of the year. What is different about this addition to lead people to believe this is a legitimate turnaround. Is it more than what you just said about how well they played together and have been put together.
Speaker 2: The biggest thing for me, and it's really really plain, is their wide receivers are faster and when you have a quarterback like Brendan Sourby, when you have three wide receivers who can stretch the field, it opens up so much to the playbook for Scott Sadderfield, who's that offensive mind and the guy that wants to call the plays. Last year they had good wide receivers. Tony Johnson got a big payday to go to Miami. Jamoynes made the Bengals roster. Xavier Henderson was there one and he had some link and a little bit of speed. But what they were finding is that teams are just keen in on Joe Royer and then like daring the receivers to try to get open, and it just wasn't working in the last half of the season. So now that you have Cyrus Allen, and now that you have Caleb Goodie, who are all guys that have had multiple explicive plays. He saw the goodie posts that he had opened against Iowa State. He was actually opened three times on the play and you only hit him once. He could have had three touchdowns and maybe two hundred yards receiving on that day. But it's really really plain. I think the offensive line is obviously really good thing and that you have so much turnover him if they're still good. But if I had to point to the number one reason be different, it's that they have some burners on the outside and a really really good quarterbacks. He's taken that year two jump to give him the ball.
Speaker 3: What do you see fans need to know about UCF for Saturday?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a great question. The quarterback situation. Then, Tavan Jackson is their number one guy. I think Jakari Brown started the season as their number one that Tavin Jackson quickly came in. They are both kind of questionable right now. So Cam Sancher I think played the majority of the game for against Kansas last week. Tavin Jackson, that's up an injury. I think Jafari Brown is kind of expected to be back. Tavian Jackson is more of an actual question mark. But if Tavin Jackson plays. I would expect to see a very very motivated Brendan Sowarsby because while those who are really close and they're great friends. From the time of Indiana, Tavin Jackson beat Stares me out in the quarterback competition before that twenty twenty three season here of Tom Allen in Indiana, so I'm expecting to seast worthy one of the maybe put up three hundred, three hundred fifty yards. There's a lot of speed on this UCF team. I think Scott Saderfield pointed it out that look, if if you're recruiting guys from Florida, they're fast, like it's all over the state. The guys from Florida are fast, their dns and their defensive tackles are even twitchy. So I'm looking forward to seeing the battle up front for this uc offensive line going at the four man front, a lot of talented edge rushers, and then they've got speed all over the field. So it should be a pretty good game. I think if you can throw on them, it should be over. And if you can if you can protect Brendan Soorzi keeping away from turnovers, UC should have no issue coming out with a deciding when.
Speaker 3: I believe this is current information from what I saw Chad tweet earlier today. Currently, this is the last day of a chance to get sixty percent off a full year at Bearcat Journal. Bearcat journal dot com. Tell everybody about the thing that you guys are pumping out great contact content. Tell them what they can find at Bearcat Journal dot com at.
Speaker 2: All you have going on. Yeah, the big visitor list was just posted. I think it's thirty nine names that are on the on the website for VIP subscribers. We've got previews, our previews of UCF. We talked to people who covered UCF and get previews for them. I'm going to have a really good offensive line story up tomorrow tomorrow morning, and a ton of post game content will also be coming. So you know we cover Cincinnati the best out of anyone in the market. I'll put my name on that, I'll put my reputation on it. And please please buy your subscription to Chad campaign more because that's the number one reason why we need to do this. That is fantastic.
Speaker 3: You are the man. I really appreciate you filling in. I hope we can talk again later on.
Speaker 2: In the season. Absolutely, Lance, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thanksgiging, take care,