Speaker 1: Ojo on the morning show, keV, I want to get into your topic. I was a little late with this. I know there's parents that are driving kids to school probably still. But Josiah's homework assignment. First off, Josiah's your place right now, are back with my He's at school right now. He's also come up today once he gets off though. Okay, what's the homework assigny?
Speaker 2: So Josiah has a book that the entire class has been reading. I think it's something with a girl named Malayle, and it is an autobiography of a young woman who I believe was from South Asia and she grew up in a time where women didn't necessarily get education, Like they weren't going to school. It wasn't something that was I don't want to say legal at that time, but something like that. And she grew up and she fought for women's rights, she fought for girls to be in the classroom. And it's an amazing story. Do you know all this stuff because he's been telling you exactly. Yes, I'm not reading the book, but I'm engaged in what he's doing. In want understanding, and he wanted me to review his homework. So the homework assignment is these boxes, like seven or eight boxes where you have to discuss characteristics of Malayle and what defines her based on these characteristics. And Josiah is doing all of this stuff. I'm like, I get it. This is really cool. And then the other side of the homework, the teacher asks for Josiah. She asks for Josiah to then list his characteristics and what makes him who he is. And his first thing is like, I'm a creative individual. He lists all these things. I'm an artist, list all these things, and at the bottom he says, and I'm a son. And then in his box he's like, you know, I'm a son and I was had the blessing of being birth to a wonderful family. He's like, I have a home, I have food, I have water. Thank god, I wasn't aborted.
Speaker 3: To write that. I'm not gonna tell him to take it out. It's truth.
Speaker 4: Did this, But did you say why did you include that party?
Speaker 3: Because he's thankful, I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: He lists a bunch of impressive things, and I was like, I get it.
Speaker 1: Can I get it? Did he turn that in today? Then to the teacher, Oh gosh, he said, you know what he needs to do. Then he needs to wear He needs to wear the shirt that says thank God, my mom didn't swallow me.
Speaker 3: You gotta get that shirt. Christ I'm gonna get.
Speaker 1: One school religious Just wait, what was this shirt?
Speaker 3: It wasn't a shirt. What was the thing that Smith wore the school was? It was the socks?
Speaker 4: One said little and the other said effort.
Speaker 1: Do you think what are the odds that the teacher dresses that or just leaves it, just leave it?
Speaker 2: I think it's I think it's amazing. Yeah, I think it's amazing. He's like, man, it's insane that I'm someone's kid, not including God. That's for another time. My parents had me. My mother went through all that pain just for me to exist. I'm a son that has received love, food, water, clothes, and a home, not just a physical home, but welcoming me into the home of our family, and for not aboarding me.
Speaker 3: That's aware. But can I say, can I say and this is this is interesting?
Speaker 1: I think that that's awesome because I really do. First off, I do think that as a kid, you probably Josiah has always been way older than he he is age wise, number wise, He's always he's very smart kid. But I think that's such a wonderful thing that he's that, you know, gracious that he's got these great parents and he's got a great life.
Speaker 2: I could only imagine the things that teachers have to read, but that teachers have to deal with, because I kids write crazy things on assignments, even if it goes beyond what the assignment is asking for. I wish I could see that teacher's face when she reads it. Eight four form O Joe Live eight for four six six five six by four eight.
Speaker 3: What's up? Anna?
Speaker 5: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 6: It's me and my son Rex.
Speaker 7: This is the first time a long time.
Speaker 3: What a cool name? Yeah, what's going on? Anna? Until your fifty?
Speaker 7: So he just wanted to let you know, Hey, baby, aren't you really really glad about something? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh, Rex is a kid, a little kid. What are you glad about Rex? Glad that you're glad that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can say it, Yes, you can say it.
Speaker 1: That I wasn't afforded, Like, yeah, that is a wonderful thing.
Speaker 8: Me too, me too, if this eleventh birthday if that, Yeah, he.
Speaker 7: Was like, I'm so glad that that didn't happen. So I get to be eleven.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's well, you know what that is something to be thankful for. Absolutely, Uh and Rex, have a great day. Have a great day at school, Buddy, make your teacher blush. Go tell her to why we all get like uncomfortable? But you're a kid saying it. I mean you reading Josiah's words, you know, didn't make me as uncomfortable as hear. You know, it's funny with teachers. The teachers always deal with I always feel the truth because uh, kids always speak the truth, you know what I mean, Like they say, they from the mouths of babes, they say. And I know that there are kids that go to school and they probably know way too much about what their parents are going through or things that there.
Speaker 3: You know, moms are having to deal with whatever.
Speaker 4: Twe too, honest.
Speaker 1: But can I tell you that that's the beauty of teachers, is that you get to be the person that has to dissect that and then try to digest it what's going on?
Speaker 5: LEXI here, if you could be so proud of yourself that Josiah is so proud of how you guys, I'm just thought of how you raised them for him to be so self aware and thankful for that, because the only thing my kid had me.
Speaker 9: Questioned and he brought an assignment home was it said like something like, what was the worst part of your week? And it literally says waking up to come to school and your week he said, coming home to play video games and go to sleep. But what are you doing Dallas? He was like, little I don't want to hear all you guys. Yeah, because he has sisters, He's like, I want to hear the girls yell at the worst part. I'm like, I'm so sorry about that.
Speaker 4: I feel your pain. Smith brought home a paper last week and he was supposed to write a short story about his favorite time of day at school, like the favorite thing that he did at school, write a story, draw picture. keV saw this, he literally just wrote the word dismissal and that was it.
Speaker 3: That was so embarrassed Jackie, what's up?
Speaker 8: True?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 7: So I this was a few years ago. My son is now twelve. So right about this time that he was four, we were watching The Fox and the Hound, the lit old nineties. Yeah, he very randomly one day was like, Mom, I'm so glad that you never left me in the woods, and that I'll never leave you in the woods that scene where the old woman left pods the fox in the woods by it.
Speaker 9: But that was really cute.
Speaker 3: No, that is cute. That is really good.
Speaker 1: By the way, just tell all your kids, and this is for Smith and Josiah and all those guys, that at the end of school, you know how all the kids get to they we would get those certificates like it was basically they had like it looked like a thing that you could frame and hang it up in school, and every kid got one. Every kid got one in school for something. Mine was for good lunch room behavior. That was that was mine. Every kid got honor Society, perfect attendance, the physical fitness test.
Speaker 3: You couldn't misbehave you are busy, stuff.
Speaker 1: In your face was pretty much my life, right, Monica. As a funny one for us, Monica, what did your son do?
Speaker 6: Hi? He had to draw a picture of what I do every day, and I'm a hairdresser, and apparently he thinks sweeping is.
Speaker 3: All I do.
Speaker 6: So I was holding a pole and it looked like it was pretty much money on the floor, but it was supposed to be hair, so I looked like a stripper. Pretty much and the question the teacher just put a question mark in saying what do you do? So it was so embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, teacher or female.
Speaker 6: It was a female teacher. So I think that's why she was comfortable enough to ask me.
Speaker 1: And I mean, you gotta do you gotta frame that like that has to be framed.
Speaker 6: Will never forget, never forget that one.
Speaker 1: And keV, you need to frame that. Uh just yeah, you're right, keysy, Yes, what's going on?
Speaker 10: So my daughter in preschool they had a questionnaire that said what are you doing this summer? She said, I'm going to the seaman pool instead of swimming pool. They said, you're not wronged.
Speaker 3: It's a public pool. Yeah, that is so good. Thank you for the call. That was a great That was a great topic.