Speaker 1: Keeping the magic alive.
Speaker 2: My Heart Radio is here to bring the joy to your busy days with commercial free Christmas stations like iHeart Christmas, four dozens of playlists so you can pick and match your holiday vibe. Open your free iHeart app and search Holiday to explore stations, playlists and more.
Speaker 3: Money Money Monday Time to jack ub your financial like you. This is the Bloomberg Market Minute on seven hundred Wlway.
Speaker 4: We say good morning to the Pride of the Ohio University, Dan Schwartzman from our Bloomberg newsroom in New York City. Danny, the next generation weight loss drugs apparently are better than the ones that are out there right now, and they're a whole pile of people using them.
Speaker 5: This sounds amazing, but Eli Lilly's next generational BC shot exceeded expectations tom as it helped patients lose almost a quarter of their body weight and more than sixty two percent reduction in knee pain. According to Lily, some patients lost so much weight they decided to drop out of the trial. Patients on the highest dose of the drug, which is called retro truetide, lost more than twenty three percent of their body weight in sixty eight weeks. The obesity drug market is expected to hit one hundred billion dollars by two thousand and thirty.
Speaker 4: So appressive, not a surprise. Meanwhile, open ai in some legal trouble.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they and its investor Microsoft sued over a Connecticut murder suicide. It's the latest case to blame the chat GBT chatbot for dangerous psychological manipulation of users. The case of Aldly, fifty six year old man. He had been conversing for months with the chatbot over his fear that he was under surveillance and people are trying to kill him, and the man ended up killing himself and his eighty three year old mother, whose estate filed the lawsuit against open ai in Microsoft.
Speaker 1: All right, in, Dan Schwartzman, are futures this morning? All right?
Speaker 5: They're mixed now, So that's some good news that now currently is up at ten to one percent, NASZAK is down four ten to one percent, SMP is down a quarter of one percent from Bloomberg. Dan Schwartzman on News Radio seven hundred WL W.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go.
Speaker 4: It is eight eleven on your Thursday morning, and welcome to the Morning Show. You're on seven hundred WLW you know, every single year, and I don't know Evan Andrews from Montgomery in how long you guys have been doing this part of his whole since he favorite thing come together. First off, good morning, good morning, uh nineteen minute talking to you for the last ten minutes, so I should have said it on the air.
Speaker 6: That's all right, good morning an always great seeing you man, good being here. So nineteen ninety four was the first year I shipped ribs and barbecue sauce. And you can imagine back then the internet was in its infancy. If he had a website, there were no PDFs, there was no online credit card authorizations. It was on the phone, but it was. It was a lot of fun. It was an inspiration from a friend of mine in Cleveland Christmas in ninety three. He called up and said, can you send me ten slabs of ribs? Absolutely, we had a company called Peak Kg's. They were the ones that handled it for us. They would pick up the ribs and from that point I had no idea what would happen to him. About three months go by, he calls up and said, man, the ribs were great, but I thought we were best friends. I said, what do you mean he goes It was five hundred and fifty dollars, I said, for what he goes for the ten slabs of ribs. I got the receipt. They charged him like three hundred and ten dollars for packaging and freight and everything else to go to Cleveland. I think I would have driven it to him for about fifty bucks. But that was the inspiration.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 6: The light bulb went off and I said, I think we can do this in Cincinnati's an interesting town. We've got cooler manufacturers. We have a dry ice company just up the road in Vandelia, just outside of Dayton. Everything you need is right here corrugated. So this town's pretty vertically integrated. It's not like you have to go to Chicago to get coolers. So talk to the folks. Put it all together. In April of ninety four, we were in business ship and ribs and barbecue sauce.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of cure, and I mean, I would think that this goes on year round naturally, because there are people year round that would love to have Montgomery ins, ribs, sauce, whatever the case may be. But how much of your business now is in that part of the business, I'd say.
Speaker 1: It's almost twenty five percent.
Speaker 6: An it's about twenty five percent of the business year round. It's an amazing, amazing business. It's pretty it's pretty great to be honest with you. You know, we do the work. We have greaters. We've got Skyline, We've got Lo Rosa's, Pine Club Steaks, Jeff Ruby Steaks, all the Cincinnati locals, the Cincinnati Favorites. That's why it's called Sincy Favorites. And you know, you put them all together, and we're one of the only companies that can put it all together. You want a little bit of this, you want a little bit of that, not a problem, We do it. How did you get the other companies involved? Pretty simple? They kind of saw like, how did you do this? You know, I called Mike and Mark Lerosa, you call Buddy, you call the folks the Skyline. I brought them all in for lunch at the end and I said, Okay, here's my idea, and they all basically said, have at it. As long as you do all the work, we're with you. We're with you, just like Willie says, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: Win or win, so you know, it worked out great.
Speaker 6: We've been doing it, like I said, over thirty years and it's wonderful. It's a great relationship with all of our friends.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I look at some of the things that you can go. You talked about four Slabs and Montgomery and Ribs, a pint of Greater's Black Raspberry Chip, Greater's Chocolate Chip, Greater's Mint chocolate Chip. You can get a twenty ounce bottle of Montgomery and barbecue sauce. There are other vendors that are a part of this entire thing. You talked about some of them Skyline, Jeff Ruby's Pine Club, Glear's Get Up, all that kind of thing. And look, you know, another view was starting to say, you know, interesting town Cincinnati in many ways, and one of the ways is we love our food here.
Speaker 1: We do. We do. And so if somebody's out of town, you know, they're missing it. This is like the perfect holiday get for somebody. It is, it really is. And people they really miss home.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and there are so many displaced Cincinnatians all around the United States. Plus we have a lot of visitors that come in to Cincinnati from Pocter and Gamble to visit to work, whatever it may be, and they come to the end, they go to graters. They get glears getta from somewhere. I don't know how they get it, but they love it and they have to have it. Another one is the old Virginia Bakery Schneckin.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 6: The Buskin family owns the recipe to that. They still make Virginia Bakery Schneckin. We distribute it. I don't know how many thousands of loads of Schnekin will send out this month, but it's a lot and it's great. They go all over the country. We have people in Florida. They'll get twenty four Schnekin and keep them in their freezer. They have enough to get through till maybe springtime. They love it, you know.
Speaker 4: But before I ask you, where people can place their order and send this off for the holidays and still get there in time for the holidays, right, you know, there's got to be And I don't know if you can even put it into words, but I ask you about the way people feel about their hometown. Since he favorites, but specifically to Montgomery in Man, the impact that you guys have made on so many people, whether they still live here and come in the restaurants, or they move out of town and they can't get enough of it. I mean, it really does say a lot about the product and the service you guys have done for all these many decades.
Speaker 6: Well, it's not just Montgomery and it's not just the family. You look at the other businesses. You to look at the Greater family, you look at the LaRosa family, you look at the folks with Skyline. Everybody kind of stays in their lane and they do what they do well. They do what they do best. They have a high integrity in ingreed and how they do business. And I think customers can always count on to know that Montgomery in is never going to change their recipe.
Speaker 1: The quality is always going to be the best.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: You know, Greater's ice cream is always going to be made a certain way. All all these companies they're high integrity and they can they can count on it, and that's what we deliver. You can go to Sincy Favorites, that's all one word since A C I N C Y favorites dot com. Now can you mix and match these things depending on what it is you want? Sure, you just just put in there. You can go into the basket. You can have two slabs of ribs you can add. I gotta tell you, if you want to get the best, get our baked beans, get our mac and cheese. Add it all in there. You can get all of this in there. You want to get a bonbondery opera cream cake thrown in. You want to get a pumpkin pie or an apple pie from Servats, or a carrot cake. I've had yogurt, for God's sakes, and you're talking about all these goods. It's all on there. Everything is there. You can mix and match. We pack everything to order. None of this is pre packed. None of it's in the freezer. You go to some of these other national companies, they've been putting their steak boxes in the freezer for six months, yep. And they just have one or two different items they can pick and pull. We do all of ours to order. Everything is pulled out to order. In fact, I got a head down to Queen City Sausage. After this, we got to get more hot links. There's at there's a run on hot links this holiday season. So that's what we do well.
Speaker 4: The total value package is one hundred and ninety nine ninety nine and again, as Evan Andrews just mentioned, you can pick and mix and match however you want to do it. If you want ice cream, you want pizza, you want Montgomery and Ribs, you want their black beans, their macaroni into whatever it is, their sauces. You can can build how you want it to be sent to someone you love. And what a great gift idea for the holidays. I mean, it just checks so many boxes and it's great stuff. I can't thank you for your time this morning, my friend. Oh, it's great to be here. Thanks for having us. Good to see it, buddy, see you sincey favorites dot Com jump on right now because you just heard Evan. I mean, this stuff is going fast, and you gotta get it to whoever it is you're sending it to buy Christmas. They can eat it on Christmas Day. Chuck, what's happening out there? My friend Evan just told me he drove down from right around you know, the Harper's Point area that seventy one looks so bad coming south that he took Montgomery Road and it still took him over a half hour to get here to Kenwood.
Speaker 1: That's not a bad move. He made the work.
Speaker 7: He might have made the right choice, but it's nothing compared to what we're going to see in twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: There's no doubt about that.
Speaker 7: From the u SEE Health Traffic Center, you see how you'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at ucehealth dot com that traffic on southbound seventy one has ease just a bit since he made his commute. It's slow now from just below Fifer until you get past the lateral southbound seventy five. Heaviest in and out of lockw On a northbound seventy five break rights out of Erlinger into the cutt and again through Saint Bernard, passed the broken down before the lateral up to Town Street. The latest accident is on seven forty seven at Princeton Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred wlw our.
Speaker 4: WCPO nine First Warning four cast presented by Cameron Harden. Not bad out there right now, we're at thirty two degrees and getting up to thirty four.
Speaker 1: But tonight lookout.
Speaker 4: Winter weather advisory in effect starting at seven anywhere from two to five inches and on the higher end that is closer to Cincinnati. The two inches is well north up beyond Butler County Warren County, but five inches more than likely right around the greater Cincinnati area. Tomorrow we're up to thirty five twenty eight Tomorrow night, another inch or two perhaps more on Saturday. And boy, you talked about cold air man. We get up Sunday morning. The temperature is expected to be one degree with a high of eighteen on Sunday. But think about this, on Thursday, it's going to be fifty four eight twenty seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: This report is sponsored by Continental Roof Company, Best Products, best Price.
Speaker 6: The first time Continental roof Company understands the value of family and community.
Speaker 1: It's money time.
Speaker 3: This is the Boomberg Money Minute on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: According to the Office of Personnel Management, the total number of federal employees who left their jobs this year will total around three hundred and seventeen thousand. In the most detailed official accounting to date, the office says that the overwhelming majority of those departures were voluntary, with approximately twenty four thousand people being let go involuntarily. American Airlines expects a strong start to next year after taking a quote substantial hit from the recent government shutdown that forced airlines to cut some capacity and deterred people from traveling during a busy vacation period. Americans CEO says bookings for the first quarter of twenty twenty six looks strong. After the Federal Reserve cut interest rates and expressed optimism about the economy, Bitcoin fell by as much as three point two percent to briefly dip back below ninety thousand dollars in Asia trading. Bitcoin hasn't diured a week's long sell off that began in early October after hitting an all time high of over one hundred and twenty six thousand dollars, which has now wiped out about nineteen billion dollars in levered bets from Bloomberg. Dan Schwartzman on news radio seven hundred wlw.
Speaker 8: Ah.
Speaker 4: Yes, when you hear that music, you know it's Thursday at eight thirty eight.
Speaker 1: Now, truth be told.
Speaker 4: I had already told Michelle that we had a conflict today, and then all of a sudden, the conflict disappeared. So I just messaged her about ten minutes ago, and I said, Michelle, any chance you could still come on and here she is.
Speaker 1: Thank you, good morning, good morning. How are you today?
Speaker 8: I'm great, Thank you well.
Speaker 4: Thank you for your flexibility. And you can find at Hey Michelle number one, that's with two l's number one, Hey Michelle one, at Instagram and on Facebook just hey Michelle. All right, let's talk about the weekend. This is about the time of year where all the holiday stuff starts up.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: We're not going to break it into categories, because it was too much to ask you on ten minutes notice to do that. But let's talk about some of the things, and a couple of them right off the top of my head here is. You have one of my all time favorites. Is this weekend the thirty sixth annual rain Dog Parade.
Speaker 8: Yes, I love this.
Speaker 9: Yes, it's in Mouth Adams and it'll be Saturday. It's gonna be a little bit chilly, so bundle up. Registration is still going on. You can do it even that day at twelve thirty. The parade starts at two o'clock and I'm going to be a judge, so I'm super excited.
Speaker 4: This is the first year I am not the Grand Marshal of the parade in many many many years because of my basketball schedule. So I am sorry. I will miss you up there on Saturday.
Speaker 8: That would have been fun.
Speaker 9: Also this weekend is Santa Con, which is you know, more than ten thousand people hit the streets to go to the bars. But there is a you can pay ten dollars to be part of this, which is great because it goes to the Cure Starts Now, which is.
Speaker 8: Such a great organization.
Speaker 9: So Saturday noon to midnight you'll see all kinds of festive people wandering the streets of the area.
Speaker 1: So yes, yes, that will be.
Speaker 9: There is the Light Up the Forest and that's at the Nature Center in Milford and they worked with Blink on this and they have eliminated light displays, photo areas, shopping and all kinds of things. And this is Thursday through Sunday the weekends of December and that is ticketed. We have Perfect North is now open because of this weather. The bonus of this cold weather is Perfect North can open and they are probably very happy is happening. And they also do have a drive through light display daily six to ten.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's nice.
Speaker 4: One thing that I kind of blew pass was the Polar Express.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, we did drive. Yeah, so family the Polar Express. This is great.
Speaker 9: This is Santa and El's are on the train. This is in Lebanon and you can take the train ride and this is great. And this goes on through the twenty third. Such a fun It looks so cute. Just exect the book Polar Express and I think kids get the little bell and everything.
Speaker 8: So that's a good tradition to start.
Speaker 1: That is a great tradition.
Speaker 9: There is the gen and Jewelry Show for a non holiday thing at the Charonville Convention Center and this is Friday, Saturday and Sunday and they have crystals and jewelry and all the things.
Speaker 8: So maybe get shopping get items there.
Speaker 9: There is the Holiday Pops and the Grammy Grammy nominated Cody Fry will join the Pops and they'll be dancing. This is Friday seven point thirty and eleven o'clock and seven thirty Saturday day two o'clock and seven thirty Sunday two o'clock and seven o'clock at Music Hall and you can also live stream that on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Well that's that's very cool.
Speaker 9: I know, I thought that was I thought that was kind of neat Oh, there's a magical Christmas like a circus la and the dance are at the.
Speaker 8: You know, State Holiday.
Speaker 1: I don't know how they do.
Speaker 9: It makes me nervous really the whole time that is Friday night seven o'clock get Air and off Cyclones are playing Kalamazoo Wings Friday at seven thirty. Oh, the Masters of Mike at the hard Rock So this is Sunday at seven o'clock. This is Slick Rick and Big Daddy Caine and Arrested Development. So you know, all the old rappers kind of guys hitting really hitting it.
Speaker 1: Up at hard Rock Wow on a Sunday night.
Speaker 4: No less, there must be a lot of people that are figuring they're all for work on Monday.
Speaker 8: Maybe you know it's holiday times. All days are fair game, that's right. Of course.
Speaker 9: We have the Bengals and Ravens Sunday at one o'clock Block party at the Banks. Oh, there's a holiday market at Hotel Comington, which is such a pretty hotel, over twenty vendors Sunday eleven to three. And then they're also doing Santa brunches on Saturdays.
Speaker 8: If you go to the shopping.
Speaker 9: Thing, they're also doing you donate a toy, you get a ticket in a.
Speaker 8: Raffle for high end rare bourbons. So that is really cool.
Speaker 1: Now is that who you said?
Speaker 8: It?
Speaker 4: The Hotel Covington, so all that stuff is inside.
Speaker 1: Yep, okay, good, So there you go.
Speaker 4: Keep that in mind because Sunday, I know we're talking about being very cold, so you can still get over to the holiday market at the Hotel Covington Sunday eleven in the morning until three in the afternoon.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, we're trying to stay warm. Oh Saint pracis thereic church and o TR does this every year. I just think it's so cool. They have a live.
Speaker 8: Nativity scene which is so neat.
Speaker 9: But inside they also have an international Christmas Displays, so Christmas displays from all over the world and that's really cool.
Speaker 8: And that church has so much history.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there's Preservation Tall Jazz Band and that's a Creole Christmas. That's tonight at the taff Theater at seven thirty. Okay, okay, So I'm going to the opening of the soft opening of this. This is called the Flight Club and there are some all over different cities, but I cannot wait to check it out.
Speaker 8: This is a upscale, dark place.
Speaker 4: Yes, and this is in the old correct me if I'm wrong. This is in the old Sacks building, right yep?
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, yeah, yes, or sALS are just opening their new restaurant right in there. I cannot wait to check this out to my and Arnold, you know, our oldest bar in the city. They're getting into the festive bar scenes. So they've decorated a little bit and they have some holiday drinks. So a great place to put on your list.
Speaker 8: It is such a cozy place to go.
Speaker 1: I think, oh, with no doubt, been around forever.
Speaker 8: I know, ye forever, oldest bar.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well I don't mean it rupt real quick.
Speaker 4: I want to circle back to this flight club thing for a second, because when you know, when a lot of people I think they hear new, upscale kind of bar, that really doesn't mean anything more. Then it's a nice place. It's not like spill beer on your shoes kind of joint. But at the same time, you don't have to get all dulled up to go to that thing on Friday night in the regular opening, right.
Speaker 8: Not at all, Not at all.
Speaker 9: No, it just means that it's just you know, I think it's like a higher end dart situation, maybe more electronic is what I think is something you know, that's what I have in my mind. And it has good bar food and drinks. So it's just like a you know, an up a notch from the normal dart.
Speaker 1: Right right, I got you.
Speaker 4: But I'm I get invited to that thing over there, and and I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it tonight, and because I really want to check that place out.
Speaker 1: It looks really cool.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes you should come. Yes, it would be fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, definitely.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 9: So at the Shiks is doing every Christmas story ever told, and I see this almost every year.
Speaker 8: It is hilarious.
Speaker 9: They mash up every holiday classic on stage and they it is really funny and there's a lot of improv going on. You can tell because they are laughing just as hard as we are sometimes. But that's always a good one to see it. Since he shakes and otr.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's cool. That's cool. Hey, by the way, you sent me the video.
Speaker 4: Did you get that from somebody else or did you actually go to the Raisins.
Speaker 8: I didn't go.
Speaker 9: My friend had it, and I'm like, I have to send this to Tom because you got to see I wanted you see some of your band.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was so bummed that i'd get a chance to get down there. Is my first weekend off since August, and I did not get a chance to get over there. But man, that video you sent me. That was a video from Fear is never boring. You sent the entire song so.
Speaker 8: Good, so good. It was so good, and they sound just like they used to. I mean they were great.
Speaker 4: They sounded great, and all the people in the crowd, they knew every word to the song.
Speaker 8: Oh for sure.
Speaker 4: It was so cool. I can't thank you enough for that video. All right, So it is on your agenda this so starting. I know you're starting tonight. You mentioned you're going over to the grand opening, this soft opening, I should say, of the Flight Club. What else you got going on this weekend for you?
Speaker 9: Like, I'll have it tonight and tomorrow I do a brunch with a little gift giving for for Saint Vincent de Paul, and then I have just some festivities with friends tomorrow night Saturday, doing the shopping thing around town, trying to catch up, gets up a little behind, maybe wrap some kiffs and what else am I doing? Oh, I can't even remember all my things going to the Bengals game.
Speaker 1: So I am oh boy.
Speaker 8: For many reasons. Uh, maybe doubting that decision.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean they're talking about we had we had Cameron harden on and he said, for the people that are going down there to tailgate, and they're a ton of them, it's not even going to be fifteen degrees the tailgate.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's going to be This is going to be crazy Saturday. I'll be the reindeer. That's what I'll be doing Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the raindow. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, dress up as Santa or missus clause and go out to Santa Con Well.
Speaker 9: I do that every year just because I live downtown, so you feel like you just walk around with it. So I do have a lot of outfits and things, so I might make an appearance.
Speaker 4: Okay, Hey, listen, I cannot thank you enough by the way, you posted that picture of you and I here at the iHeart Holiday party last week and a lot of great responses. We thank all the people who did so people can follow you because you update this list and I threw this on you at the last minute because you didn't think we were doing this today, so thank you for that. But you update that thing regularly, so on Instagram it's hey Michelle with two l's the number one, Hey Michelle one on Instagram and then just hey Michelle on Facebook.
Speaker 8: Yes exactly, Okay.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks, I owe you great, I owe you one, big time, big time. All right, hope you have a great weekend, are you too? It is eight fifty one and the roads have been crazy out here this morning, Chuck.
Speaker 1: Are we making some headway? Very much?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think it's just a taste of what we're going to have a little bit later. We got that right from the UCE Health Traffic Center. You see health. You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal, makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at ucehealth dot com. Cruise are working to clear an accident that's on Bypass four at the East one twenty nine ramp. Everything else, I'm starting to see quite a bit of improvement, especially on southbound seventy one. No longer a delay through blue Ash who will slow down a bit out of Kenwood down the hill to the lateral northbound four to seventy one has cleared. The heaviest traffic on northbound seventy five is Buttermilk to Dixie and southbound seventy five through Lachland. Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred wallw all.
Speaker 4: Right our WCPO nine first Warning four cast, and really that is the story in the Tri State today, tonight, will be again tomorrow and right on through the weekend.
Speaker 1: Right hour dry.
Speaker 4: We're getting up to thirty four degrees today, all right, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Tonight.
Speaker 4: A winter whether advisory begins starting at seven, So get to where you got to go. Hopefully that means getting home and just honker down, build a fire, watch a little tube. We're expecting anywhere from two to five inches. And if you didn't hear Cameron Harden earlier, for those of you in the northern part of the Tri State, say you know north Butler, Warren up towards Dayton, you're probably only looking at two inches of snow. For those south like us right here in Kenwood, we're looking at five inches of snow. Snow will be out of here by tomorrow morning, but the after effects will be very much with us. So whether it's school, if the kids have school work, if you got to go give yourself some time. HI have thirty five tomorrow, windshill colder than that, so the snow will not melt Friday night down to twenty eight and then Saturday it's going to be our coldest stretch so far of this late fall early winter Arctic air rolls. In Saturday, We're looking at another two inches of snow anywhere from one to two and are high on Sunday may not even hit twenty degrees. In fact, overnight Saturday night and overnight Sunday night we will be in these single digits. And that doesn't even include the windshill. So this is a weather front that is bringing just incredibly cold weather. So please be careful, take care of your pets. We urge you if you can go to an animal shelter and give a dog or cat a chance, you'll be glad you did. I promise you. I promise you. Sloane coming up right around the band aid F four. We thank Danny Gleeson for his outstanding work as our producer. I'm Tom Breddeman and this is the nation's station seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Land of Illusion Christmas Glow
Speaker 9: Experience the midwest's largest Christmas village,