Speaker 1: I love that song. That is probably my new favorite song right now. That is Sabrina Carpenter tears on Kdubleu being gonna shout out to Jumpstart Adventure Park down in Chan happening. Grand opening is coming up. But they're not paying me to say this. I just thought, you know, it's part of the community. Welcome a new business business, jump Start Adventure Park to Chan Happening. It is the newest and most exciting destination for family fun.
Speaker 2: You guys kind of adults jump around because that's my new thing is that this winter I want all of us to go to like an adventure park where there's jumping and jumping.
Speaker 1: I believe it's more geared two kids, but I will say that is the grand opening coming up. Just look it up there on Lake Drive East over by like Stock and Barrel and you know where it is. The first two hundred guest in line to purchase an all day adventure pass get a pass for.
Speaker 3: Free for six months.
Speaker 1: Whoa door opening ten am this Saturday. We got nothing else to do, so shout out to you Jumpstart Adventure Park. Here's what they got neon race slides, neon rope course, vertical climbing walls, extreme air courts, zip line, toddler zone, and then this like you know, birthday parties and stuff like that. It says team building activities, so I'm gonna guess that probably does include adults. So yeah, that's kind that's right. So that is going on. I got one thousand dollars to give to you more good news. One on one point three, KDWB and Goodwill want to help you win one thousand dollars and qualify for a VIP trip to our iHeartRadio jingle Ball. Just enter this nationwide keyword on KDWB dot com.
Speaker 3: Green. That's green.
Speaker 1: Enter it now at KDWB dot com. Okay, the keywordgreen. Go to KWB dot com. You could win one thousand dollars and also be in the drawing for a trip to New York City to hang out of their jingle Ball. I mean, their jingle Ball is going to be a huge, big, huge concert. You go shopping at Macy's. You go to the About Time Times Square.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the Rocketeller Center, the big Park.
Speaker 3: What's the park called there, Central Park? That's right.
Speaker 2: There's a cool restaurant there called Ellen Startus Diner where all of the weight stuff sing Broadway show tunes?
Speaker 4: Do you want to go there? So bad?
Speaker 5: Everyone knows about that place? I feel like it's pretty a big staple in New York.
Speaker 3: I ever heard of it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 1: Alison and I we were so lame we went to was probably God, I'm twenty fifteen years ago and we're like.
Speaker 3: Oh, Man, Times Square, here we are. Where do you want to go eat?
Speaker 1: I think we went to Joe's crab Shack or somewhere like a gen there. Yeah, like Bubba Gump or somewhere like that. It's like, man, is the best dining in America? And we went to Joe's crab Shack.
Speaker 4: Now you can rely on it. You know what it is?
Speaker 3: I yues so I guess. So anyway, use that keyword.
Speaker 1: The keyword is green, and we'd love to get you one thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Are you ready? Jenny's been unreadit.
Speaker 5: We're talking about psychological cheat codes you can use in the social situations that work every time. First one is being comfortable in Silence is power, especially in like a negotiation or a complaint. So for some reason, when you stay quiet, people will break ooh see what I did there? I didn't say anything. Just now I'm barely broke already. Oh yeah, well, I feel like it's part.
Speaker 3: Of my joh. I try to think so too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's part of your job. So I'm happy for the reaction, Thank you very so much. Also, we all know someone who talks way too loud. When you are talking to them, speak in a lower volume because it makes them a little aware that they're talking way too loud.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 4: I also do the opposite of that.
Speaker 2: If I'm in an improv show and I know that, like someone's not talking loud enough, I'll go up to them, like in a scene and be like, hey, buddy, how's it going like to give them a subtle sign that they need to talk louder.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it's both ways, both ways. Okay.
Speaker 5: Another one is remember what someone said to you the last time you saw them. If you saw them a month ago and you remember something that they were going to be doing, bring that up.
Speaker 4: How how are you supposed to remember that? That's my thing? No, I don't remember anything.
Speaker 5: For instance, these women came up to me at Boo Bash and now this is Boo Bash in like an hour later, I saw them at the beginning, and they told me that they drove here from Rochester and they live over there. And then they came up to me later and I was talking about them and I was like, how you guys getting home tonight? Don't you have to go back to Rochester? And they're like, you remembered that, and I was like, I mean that was like an hour ago. Don't give me too much credit, but yeah, yeah, So anyways, those little moments do mean a lot, I think, all right. Another one is if someone doesn't like you, give them a genuine compliment, but the keyword is genuine. So like say I don't like Dave, but he got a super hot new haircut, and I'm like, Dave, that is such a nice hairt woh genuine yeah, And you said something nice and that will make that person think about it, like all day long and probably start being nicer to you.
Speaker 4: Oh maybe they're not that bad of a person. I'm start using that one.
Speaker 5: Another one is remember that everyone has an invisible tag around their neck that says, what make me feel important, So just think about that. You want to make everyone else feel important around you, just like you want to feel important.
Speaker 1: I've heard somewhere it's nice to be important, but it's so important to be nice. I always like that one. It's like, okay, it's nice to be Oh, we're a big shot radio DJ on a big radio station. We don't carry that war off real quick, didn't it, Dailey?
Speaker 4: I don't even know like who I am anymore.
Speaker 3: Off real quick?
Speaker 4: Just regular.
Speaker 1: But it's important to be nice, yeah, because people remember how they make you feel, how.
Speaker 3: You made him feel. Right.
Speaker 5: And one last one I'll do is when someone gives you a compliment, resist the urge to like compliment them back or brush it off, like, yes, thank you, I really appreciate you saying that, because I don't know why. We're all just it's a mixture probably of imposter syndrome and uncomfortableness because you weren't expecting that. But like, at the same time, someone's giving you a compliment for a reason, say that, like just accept it, right.
Speaker 4: I'll be honest.
Speaker 5: I do get a lot of compliments on my hair quite often, and I just say thank you. I don't go, oh, I love your hair too, right, you know, I just say, oh, thank you.
Speaker 2: I always think if I give someone a compliment and they turn around and give me a compliment back that it's disingenuous, and they just still obligated to give me a compliment because I hate them.
Speaker 4: That's true, because you're wondering like, oh did they only say that? Because there you go.
Speaker 5: One last thing you could do is, if you do love your coworkers, bring them some Celsias drinks and you can buy them right now at Holiday station stores because there's two for five dollars and they have a new Sprits vibe that's bright, refreshing and made to match your energy.
Speaker 4: Check that out. We'll love you. Psychological cheat code. Wow Holiday, Thank.
Speaker 1: You, Jenny. All Right, we're coming back in a second. On KDWB. We have more cat side tickets coming up in probably twenty ish minutes or so. I love how excited people get when we give them Catsite tickets because these are the fans, these are the one. This is not Tim and you know Oak Park Height. This is somebody who's like.
Speaker 3: I want to take my daughter, my girlfriend, my.
Speaker 1: Sister and I are going. So we'll get your Cassi tickets in twenty minutes. Hang on, if you're a big fan, don't miss it. It's coming up on KDWB. It is about or about ten minutes away from your CASSI tickets, So hang on for that. On Katiel Tob we love playing games and there are different generations that work on the show.
Speaker 3: And listen to the show.
Speaker 1: We're gonna play one called mind the Gap, as in Generation Gap, and then I will answer questions about a certain generation. Vant will try to answer questions about another generation and we'll see how you do as well.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're starting with Von today. Vant.
Speaker 5: What African American actress became the first to win a Best Actress oscar for her work in two thousand and one's Monster.
Speaker 6: Ball two thousand and one. Octavia Spencer. No, Angela Bassett. No, I don't know who is it?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: I sure do? Halle Berry?
Speaker 6: Yes, good job, all right?
Speaker 5: David Geez an American con created for the US fourst Service. This character had a song, books and advertising spots.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Smokey the Bear or Smoky Bear.
Speaker 4: Smokey Bear.
Speaker 1: He was huge when I was a little kid, and we used to sing a little Smoky the Bear song which I'm not going to no, Smoky the Bear, Smoky the Bear, Helen and a ground and sniff in the air and it had about he is sure he is to shouts Smokey the bear, I like your hair.
Speaker 4: My favorite part was the I don't remember the.
Speaker 3: Worst exactly, but he was very popular back in the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, all right, BoNT.
Speaker 5: After September eleventh, multiple letters were mailed to US senators and members of the media containing this deadly substance Jenny.
Speaker 7: You know I was I turned one month old day after nine eleven.
Speaker 2: Half.
Speaker 5: I know, but this is a big thing. We had threats of this in our school. We'd have to like go out of the school and stuff, like a fire drill.
Speaker 6: Do you repeat it one more time?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: After September eleventh, multiple letters were mailed to US senators and members of the media hanging this deadly substance cyanide.
Speaker 6: I don't know, okay, I mean it's.
Speaker 4: The answer.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Anthrax.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, look at you very good.
Speaker 4: I just remember we had to do like school drills.
Speaker 5: But also like they thought it was real, you know how, like chocolate's kind of powdery when it's old.
Speaker 2: Kids would always say it's anthrax. They're like, that's the anthrax. You can't eat that piece of chocolate.
Speaker 3: Good bit, Good bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, Daved the name the famous acting duo considered one of the greatest on screen pairings who thrilled the audiences in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and The Sting.
Speaker 3: Uh Drake and Josh on Deck? Is that what it was called?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I know it's Paul Newman and Robert Redford.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good, okay, I always like drinking.
Speaker 5: But there's what product was often featured in the faux commercials during WREN and Stimpy?
Speaker 6: What about say it again about Ryan?
Speaker 5: What product was often featured in the faux commercials during ren and Stimpy? A?
Speaker 6: I know this one. I know this one it was? I don't know it?
Speaker 4: No, yeah, I don't know either, Dave.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm familiar with ren and Stimpy.
Speaker 1: It says log Log They did a commercial for Log. Yes, they did a jingle for Log.
Speaker 4: Okay. I was like, I don't remember that at all, but like a tree like floating in a river log.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm all right, Okay, this one's for Dave. What Country music star and television personality released one hundred albums in his career Cool That included charts tapping songs like Tennessee stud and make the world go away.
Speaker 3: The world go away?
Speaker 4: Shoulders same, make the.
Speaker 3: Go away, shout out Mamarano, Slim Whitman.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna say you probably don't know. I mean, I've got cover?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 4: Donnie Osmond?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Oh, well, then mine was a cover that I was singing. Eddie Arnold. Oh, okay, Eddie Arnold, all right?
Speaker 5: Vont Julia Roberts famously forgot to thank this person in her Oscar acceptance speech for Aaron Brockovich.
Speaker 6: The guy that the person in the movie.
Speaker 7: Don't I don't know, Jenny, I hate this game because I never know anything.
Speaker 4: You literally are pretty much right.
Speaker 6: Oh, the guy that started it?
Speaker 5: Then well, she stars as Aaron brock her co star.
Speaker 4: No, I don't know. Okay, then you're not going there.
Speaker 3: I don't use your logic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know the answer, but logically, deducing as a member of MENSA, the answer is Aaron Brockavich.
Speaker 5: Tract you thank the person her movie was about, Okay. Dave what Baltimore Colts quarterback was named the NFL's MVP in nineteen fifty nine, sixty four, and sixty seven.
Speaker 4: Johnny Unitis, Yeah, how'd you know.
Speaker 1: That he was a legendary. We called this hotel room one time years ago, back in like the eighties, and we woke him up. We used to do a bit called celebrity wake up call, and you would never be able to do it now, but people would call from a hotel and say, yeah, guess what this big star is staying at our hotel and we would call and be like, yeah, can you ring ring a ring?
Speaker 3: Like I don't know.
Speaker 1: We called Al Michaels, who does like Monday night football, and we're like, hey, Al, good morning, how are you. It's a celebrity wake up call. And one of them we called was Johnny Unitas.
Speaker 4: That's so funny, all right?
Speaker 5: Start here, avant t bos Left's Eye and Chili comprised what popular hip hop group?
Speaker 7: Oh Jenny, finally give me something I know that is the legendary TLC.
Speaker 4: Good job on, so legendary? All right?
Speaker 5: Last one for Dave here what nineteen sixty four Disney animated movie included famous band leaders Phil Harris and Louis or Lewis Prima singing the Bare Necessities I want to be like yes.
Speaker 7: Simple forget about yeah man, I meanies that's mother, Nick.
Speaker 4: I don't know the rest. Sorry, I don't be hanging Thank you.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you.
Speaker 4: All right, there you go, mind the gap job.
Speaker 1: Well, if you think I'm not going to play bare necessities, you long could not be more wrong. One of the greatest Disney songs of all time, and of course.
Speaker 8: They'll come to you.
Speaker 1: Look, Okay, that's probably so good one that we should do the greatest Disney songs ever from different Disney movies and that would probably get does Disney Pixar count.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know how much you love when somebody loved me.
Speaker 3: Don't get crying.
Speaker 4: Here we are.
Speaker 1: Oh no, write that down, Jenny. I think that could be a fun bit, all right. I know we've probably done it before now that I think about it. Bood, we don't care. We've done War of the Roses before two and that certainly as it stopped.
Speaker 5: Does hot topics and breaking news every hour on Dayster on Katie w B.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a fun story.
Speaker 1: It's that time of the year when you're seeing Christmas ads and like Honda will use like you know, half.
Speaker 3: Behind to Day hat Behind to.
Speaker 1: Day's Audi is using a Christmas sellout song step aside jingle bells Audi has cars to sell.
Speaker 3: Sir host Quadri clean Racing.
Speaker 1: Wonderful time of the year into a song about holiday party guests hanging out in the kitchen.
Speaker 4: Is the season for hosting pig.
Speaker 1: And there are some stolen Holidays songs used for commercials.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this morning on the Hot Ones podcast, their guest is Glenn Powell. He's doing a lot of press right now because he's going to be in this weekend's movie, The Running Man. He's also hosting SNL. Let's hope that he does a little bit better than his friend Sidney Sweeney's movie of Christy with this new movie coming out.
Speaker 2: I saw that his actual dog is in the movie with him in The Running Man, which is cute. So we're giving out Cat's Eye tickets very shortly here. But I just brand new information the K Pop store that's in the Mall of America, it's opening soon ish. They are hosting a Cat's Eye pop up before the Kat's Eye concert this weekend. So K Pop Nara or Nara, It's going to be a two day pop up at the Mall of America this weekend on November fourteenth and fifteenth. In the Huntington Bank Rotunda if you want some, you know, k pop Katsie Goodness cool, which is nice at the Mall of America. Goodness Goodness. There's a new doc about Eddie Murphy on Netflix. I'm gonna go home and finish watching. It's called Being Eddie. Literally him and you're just going through his life.
Speaker 7: And I love seeing the testimonies from other big actors and comedians like Tracy Morgan, Dave Chappelle, Jerry Seinfeld, truly just telling us that Eddie Murphy is and was in his prime, one of a kind.
Speaker 6: It's called Being Eddie on Netflix.
Speaker 3: I would love to watch that one.
Speaker 1: Dolly Parton is talking about her legacy and turning eighty years old. She's doing great for eighty, but I think she had some health problems in the last couple of months.
Speaker 3: And she was like, you know what, I'm fine.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about me, because didn't her assistant imply that she was dead.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't like to.
Speaker 5: Sting her friend, but yeah, someone was like, I'm praying for Dolly.
Speaker 4: I don't try to.
Speaker 8: Be anything different than who I am, and try to be who I am.
Speaker 4: And I've always said the one.
Speaker 8: Thing you could say about me is I'm a very professional Dolly Parton. I don't try to tell other people how to do, how to be. I just hope that everything I've done it will lashed and that we'll do some good.
Speaker 1: I got one last story that I thought was worth passing along. It's not really celebrity garbage, dirt stuff. It is basically one in six parents believe their kid is destined for sports stardom. One in six Is that a lot? That is a lot, because think of like that means of every girl on the girls basketball team, every hockey player on the high school hockey team. One in six of their parents think that they're going to go on to play for the Gophers, to play for Penn State, to play for Ohio State, and then have a career as a sports athlete. Sure, and they say seventeen percent of parents believe their kid is going to become a professional athlete. Two thirds believe their kid is going to be above average, and the belief results in serious investments in time and money. Parents spend about eight hours a week and three hundred and thirteen dollars each year on equipment alone, and some shelling out well over five hundred dollars. All this activity leads to burnout, as coaches report the play players burning out three times a year from physical exhaustion and growing pressure. We luckily never had that burden in my family. We are not an athletic sort of a family. Alison played volleyball for Chaska go Hawks, Carson played Little league baseball, but we never had that pressure in our family. Yeah, but I know that some families is like, yeah, you're gonna get on the ice at four thirty in the morning. Yeah, Kathleen, you're gonna get out there and you're gonna play for the Gophers one day, you're gonna play for the Frost or whatever, B B.
Speaker 3: And then Kathleen is like A maybe she does. I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's like when people say like, oh, you have to monetize all of your hobbies and like hustle, hustle, hustle.
Speaker 4: And I feel the.
Speaker 2: Same way about this, like why do we have to make it into like, Hey, you're gonna play this sport so that you can go pro.
Speaker 4: Can't they just play the sport for the love of the sports.
Speaker 1: I think nearly all parents feel that way. Yeah, but I think that if you we never had a problem like in little League or Allison with a parent who is like screaming at the coach to put their daughter in Moro.
Speaker 3: Come on, she's a star. Put her in more often her.
Speaker 1: Screaming at the ref Yeah, in a basketball game, like a fourteen year old referee gets screamed at.
Speaker 3: So I mean I.
Speaker 5: Made me cry like every day of basketball practice in eighth grade when he was my coach. Every day he like would pick on me, and I would leave that practice crying.
Speaker 4: That's wis or you were trying. He wasn't. No, I was trying, Trust me. I always tried in sports.
Speaker 5: I like love sports, but no, and same with soccer, which was the sport I was the best at. He always had a critique. I would have like a pretty good game, and he'd always have a critique afterwards. And I remember sitting in the car one time, and I was probably only in like fifth or sixth grade, and I looked at him and I go, can you just like say what I did nice?
Speaker 4: For one? Oh?
Speaker 5: I was like so sick of it, and like it's not like my dad was some all star athlete. Yeah right, that man was drinking beer in high school Okay, he was not.
Speaker 4: He was into sports sort of, but not.
Speaker 3: Really as a parent.
Speaker 1: It's it's I guess it would be easy to kind of get into that mindset like, hey, they're really good. But I think the thing is like, for every kid that's really real good, there's another kid that's outstandingly good, and those are the ones who go play for the Frost or play for the Links, or play for the Vikings or the Gophers or whatever.
Speaker 3: You are.
Speaker 1: So here on this show probably the least athletic morning show Matt side of Jenny. Jenny, she didn't play organized sports. She just goes to the gym a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's an athlete.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm athletic too.
Speaker 1: I've got twenty one inch biceps and a lot of people don't right to go about.
Speaker 5: The kickball championships I've won. I am very athletic as well.
Speaker 4: Thank you. But we do need to give away Cat's Eye tickets.
Speaker 1: Ah right, all right, Cat's Eye tickets right now, let's get you into the show at the Armory in two days. It is Saturday night, and we just kind of have a rule on the show, and it seems to work pretty well.
Speaker 3: We don't take holder number.
Speaker 1: Ten on tickets like this, we just give them to somebody who's really excited. So if you're calling right now six five one nine eight nine KTWDB, there are no rules.
Speaker 3: We'll just answer the phone.
Speaker 1: If you sound like you're enthusiastic and you know who Kat's Eye is, we'll give you the tickets, simple as that.
Speaker 3: But if you answered the phone and you're like, is this the current?
Speaker 6: Are you guys giving away.
Speaker 1: Bob Dylan, and then it's like, no, we're gonna pass. But if you get it, call me out, we'll get you. We'd be happy to set you up with that. All right, Tomorrow's Friday. We will see you here on Katie WGB. If you missed War of the Roses, go back and check it out. You can listen to the show anytime on your own schedule on the iHeartRadio app. War of the Roses and the increasingly popular Minnesota Goodbye Go check that out too on the iHeart app