Speaker 1: It's Mojo in the morning show.
Speaker 2: It's funny because we send our topics to each other of what's going on, and uh, I am looking at our topics, you know, last night, right before I was going to get ready to go to bed, And as I was getting ready to go to bed and I'm looking at our topics, I realized I started having nightmares seeing a picture of Shannon with what looks like like a butcher knife or something. And I was like looking at this thing, going, oh my god, this is crazy. I've never seen like, uh, like a crazy uh Shannon picture side.
Speaker 1: Meat, but you do it.
Speaker 2: That's what it is in that picture. What is Explain to me why? And I read the topic, so I get I'm going to let you do the setup on this thing. But explain to me why you picked that particular knife as a threatening knife, because.
Speaker 3: It's the biggest one that I have. Okay, that's why.
Speaker 2: Explain why you had a picture took a picture of yourself with a meat cleaver.
Speaker 4: So well, when your parents are older and in the dating scene, on the dating scene.
Speaker 3: It's a really wild thing.
Speaker 4: And that is the case for my sisters and I right now, because my mom is on the dating scene on the apps, I guess you could say. And so the other night she was out and I actually didn't even know that she was on a date. My sister did, and we have a group chat, and so my sister, Jacqueline, had asked my mom to send her a location, because you want to kind of keep track of them and know who they're with and what they're doing, and you know, it's it's definitely gives you a little bit of anxiety. The tables have definitely turned when you have a parent that's dating. But we don't know these guys. We don't know anything about them. Neither really does she. So she didn't respond, and I said to my sister, like, we're all texting in the group chat as my mom is on her date and not responding. But I said to my sister do we know anything about this person? And my sister was like, no, we only know his name. I won't say his real name. We'll just call him Bob for the sake of this topic.
Speaker 1: That's a good guy name for a guy that Bob.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bob seventy from I don't know where this guy is from, Berkeley, Bob from Berkeley.
Speaker 3: But I'm like, you know, we don't.
Speaker 4: We don't need another Nancy Guthrie situation here where Mom just all of a sudden disappears. So my sister and I were talking about this, and I'm like, Mom, if you don't send your location, I'm going to start calling you NonStop, and we all do not want that to happen, because you know.
Speaker 3: I will actually do it.
Speaker 4: Well, then I got the idea of and I don't know why I thought about this, but I took a picture with the meat cleaver and I sent it into the group chat and I said, Mom, please show Bob from Berkeley this and it said don't f with our family, Bob, And it was me holding the meat clever because I wouldn't f with our family if I were you.
Speaker 1: Do you think your mom showed it to Bob from Berkeley.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: She then texted me on the side when she got home and she was like, I'm home safe.
Speaker 3: I'm dying laughing. She like, you're cracking me up.
Speaker 2: But I don't think that Bob from Berkeley would have seen that because of you know, that would probably end that date. It would probably be the last time Bob from Berkeley and your mom would be hanging out.
Speaker 3: With each other, or he would think, Wow, her family has a great sense of humor.
Speaker 4: Well, but I'm going to be in my best behavior with these crazy girls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which, by the way, you did do kind of like kind of crazy pic Like it was not just the thing, but I was looking at what do you mean it didn't look like a normal Shannon Instagram photo that I will see of you.
Speaker 3: Well, the scary thing is that was a very normal That was.
Speaker 4: A very normal photo. So I guess I'm just not because I wasn't trying to make any sort of face. The eyes kind of looked a little, a little glaring to me.
Speaker 5: I had to play into the role.
Speaker 1: It was a sinister smirk.
Speaker 3: It is a really scary thing.
Speaker 4: By the way, anybody who's listening who has a parent that's dating and they're a little bit older, you know, you have to kind of remind them all of the rules again of because my mom hasn't done this for you know, a long time of Yeah, don't give anybody your address right off the bat, like.
Speaker 3: Don't don't do this, don't do that, don't it's.
Speaker 5: And old people get preyed on just as much as young people.
Speaker 3: I worry about that. Yeah, with her.
Speaker 2: I wonder since the Savannah Guthrie thing where her mother was kidnapped, I wonder how many of those that you know, your mom's not to eighty though, right, she's not.
Speaker 3: No, she's going to turn seventy in a few weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I wonder how many of that generation that is out there is now more worried about things when they start hearing about missing eighty year olds.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, as a child of as her daughter. My sister and I actually just talked about this the other day with the ring cam, and we were like, mom doesn't even have a ring cam. We need to make sure that she has a ring cam on the front, you know, front side and back doors of her house.
Speaker 2: That's just a social thing, Yeah, because that was the Savannah's issue. Savannah made thirty two thousand or thirty two million dollars in a contract and she didn't buy her mom a subscription to her nest cam.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I feel like it's two levels of old people in this world. Either you got the old people that I've been through everything nothing matters, you know, I'll go and I go where you got the old people? That watch the news all day and they worried about everything. Yeah, do you though, which one do you think? In this case?
Speaker 1: This would be I don't know, Shanton Mama.
Speaker 4: My mom does not watch the news. She watches Real Housewives all day.
Speaker 1: So that's even.
Speaker 2: Worse though, if you're a Real Housewives mom, because then it's like you're going out there in your dating style is a little interesting.
Speaker 1: You're like the Real Housewives? Is your mom old school?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Did Bob from Berkeley come pick her up?
Speaker 3: I know nothing, I know nothing.
Speaker 4: Actually I didn't even catch up with her afterwards about this particular date, so.
Speaker 3: I need to get the details from her.
Speaker 6: Your mom got a blade? She got a blade on her a little over?
Speaker 3: Maybe I just.
Speaker 4: I have one of those birdies in my you know, in my person.
Speaker 3: I should give her one of those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get her a little stun guns. Let's ask that question to the listeners. What is the best protective device for a seventy year old mother to go out with. Should it be the old fashioned you know, squirt them with mace? Or should it be she gets the uh? I don't know Chinese stars, because I feel like.
Speaker 6: You gotta be careful because you spread a seventy year old man with mace, he might not bounce back as quickly as a younger man.
Speaker 3: Berkeley could be fifty for all I know, she could be going younger.
Speaker 1: Very true.
Speaker 3: You know again I didn't have all the details.
Speaker 1: Does she like older guys or younger man?
Speaker 4: I think she has her her age range set to ten years below, ten years older, But there's I could never see my mom going out with an eighty year old guy.
Speaker 5: Ten years older.
Speaker 1: So you don't have much left at eighties.
Speaker 4: I mean these days you might inherit it. He might have two decades.
Speaker 1: What about if she went ten years younger? Though? How would you how would that make you feel?
Speaker 3: Like Zeeril?
Speaker 1: Could you picture her dating Jeff Saqua?
Speaker 3: I can't picture anybody dating Jess a picture?
Speaker 1: So could you picture yourself calling Jeff Saqua dad?
Speaker 3: No? I love him, but no.
Speaker 2: I talked to him a lot, you know, because you know Jeff is he spends the winters down in Florida. Yes, and he told me that the dating apps in Palm Beach are ridiculous. Like he said to me, he goes, I'm telling you it's unbelievable how beautiful the women are he's definitely not ten years younger.
Speaker 4: Probably, Yeah, and that is not the case for the Metro Detroit area. For men around Gauge, unfortunately, they are. They all look like if Morrison's going to talk about him on datelines in a few months.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jalen, what's going on? It's Joe in the morning. Hi, Well some guys, Good morning, morning, morning, morning.
Speaker 1: What's happening?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I was just saying, uh, thinking about this every body of the movie, Uh, Matete, it's like San Sete.
Speaker 1: You know, Shannon taking a picture with a machete. Is that the dude Mexico?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, it's a Matete movie, the guy with the big machetes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh yeah, he's in everything.
Speaker 1: I love that. Yeah, that'd be crazy. You can Matti, but Matete sounds way cooler cold.
Speaker 2: You imagine if Shannon and her sisters walked into the restaurant with a bunch of uh.
Speaker 1: Would what's going on? Rob High?
Speaker 7: Hey, how are you good?
Speaker 1: Buddy? What's going on?
Speaker 4: Not much?
Speaker 7: You were looking for some suggestions on how to protect people? Yes, yeah, I was thinking that she could use the rabbit vibrator, uh or pleasure?
Speaker 1: So could you imagine about my mom here.
Speaker 3: Okay, no.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine though, that your mom has Mason her purse and she goes to reach for it pulls out the rabbits.
Speaker 1: That would be That would be crazy.
Speaker 2: Hold on, Mike thinks that you should get your mom something to protect her.
Speaker 1: What is that, Mike?
Speaker 7: I think she should have a life alert.
Speaker 4: You know, you die before she wore a life alert.
Speaker 2: You know what though, that actually wouldn't be a bad thing to have, though you because now they come really nice. They come as necklaces that don't look they look like really nice jewelry.
Speaker 1: Do they Yeah, they have life alert?
Speaker 5: Look at them?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, Because that was one of the rumors. I don't know if you realize this during the whole Savannah Guthrie thing. One of the rumors was when she got her pacemaker.
Speaker 6: This does not look nice, Mojo, that they were going to get her mom a life alert and they wish that they would have business men they could have gotten it first.
Speaker 5: When he fell down, Harpers.
Speaker 1: It looked like our parking little being on a rope. Well, it doesn't look nice at us. It's like a garage opener.
Speaker 2: The one that I the one that I saw when they were showing it on one of the news channels.
Speaker 1: They showed it.
Speaker 2: It looked like it was actually a necklace and it was just a button that you pushed that you wore around your neck. Remember the life alert, Oh I've fallen? How many dates a week do you or a month? Has your would your mom be going on? I know you said that it was just new, but.
Speaker 4: It's new, so she's she's had a coffee date. And then Bob from Berkeley that coffee.
Speaker 1: Dates like good dates, like I know they are.
Speaker 3: I mean, in my mind, perfect coffee date for first, what if it.
Speaker 5: Doesn't go good that they're not tied down to like dinner and a movie or something, figure out real quick. It's in the daylight hours.
Speaker 2: I feel like a coffee date is easier though, to just go it wasn't that great, Like it wasn't as exciting.
Speaker 4: See you read went for coffee and ended up staying for almost three hours.
Speaker 5: Yeah, then you can keep it going. No, you want to go here, next, you want to get lunch, you want to do this.
Speaker 2: I just feel like, honestly, there's not enough effort in a coffee date, especially if you're somebody that's in your seventies dating.
Speaker 1: What's going on, Patty? How you doing?
Speaker 3: Hey? Good morning?
Speaker 7: Hey.
Speaker 2: I would just say I think I might need.
Speaker 3: To go home and change my depense. O, well she has she doesn't.
Speaker 1: Mom has controls, Yes she does.
Speaker 3: She's a very young seven days.
Speaker 6: You say that when you don't want to see the person again, that's yes, that's the I gotta go.
Speaker 2: It's got to be weird to see your parent dating, Like, that's got to be kind of uh, you know, I know you're excited for it, but also it's kind of got to be a little bit weird.
Speaker 4: Well, it's it's not weird, to be honest, it's just nerve wrecking. And even the other night, I thought, should I make her share my sister and I share our location just for safety purposes? And I'm like, should I tell her that she has to share her location with us? I feel like that's a slight invasion of privacy, But also you worry, you know.
Speaker 2: I would think that you guys already would be sharing location and we don't. Yeah, because to me, I would do that now, like I'm telling you this whole thing with Savannah Guthrie's mom, I completely changed my feelings on any like. If my parents were still alive, they would be living in my house. I wouldn't even allow them to live by themselves because I'd be so worried about them.