Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can. They print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue. It's not fair are making plans again.
Speaker 5: It's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers the Damn Catshi, everybody.
Speaker 4: And good morning.
Speaker 6: Welcome in to Molroano Casino Dodgers on deck on this Sunday, July the twenty six as your back to back roll series champion Los Angeles Dodgers wrap up.
Speaker 4: A long nine game, ten.
Speaker 6: Day road trip post All Star Break and Cityfield in Queens, New York is. They wrap up this three game set with a chance to go for the sweep of the Mets. Dodgers sixty seven and thirty on the season, first place atop the NL West. They now have a twelve game lead in the division going into play today. Emmitt Shean on the mount in this final game before the Dodgers head home. First pitch from City Field is coming up at ten forty. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. Coming up in about twenty minutes, we'll preview this pitching matchup David Vasego's one on one with Dodger reliever Jack Dreyer. We got your Dodger magical moment coming up. Shortly, we'll visit with Sports in LA's Kirsten Watson, and in just a few minutes we will check in at the Galloping Forward broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and Jose Moto, who are on the call today. Well, last night, Yamamoto wasn't his sharpest, but still good enough for the Dodgers to get the win.
Speaker 4: In Queens.
Speaker 6: Yoshinobo Yamamoto a complete game, four hitter last time out against the Yankees. Well, he wasn't sharp though last night, but navigating his way through traffic on the base pass, Yamamoto win six innings, allowed just one run on five hits while walking three and striking out five along the way. The Dodgers offense meanwhile, got after metstarter Nolan McClain in the third.
Speaker 4: Kyle Tucker the first with the bomb.
Speaker 7: So he snapped a lot of streaks last night. Now he's trying to build a streak tonight. McLean's too two. Tucker tags it in the air, deep down the right field line.
Speaker 8: It is off the pole and gone.
Speaker 4: Kyle Tucker is alive in New York.
Speaker 7: Browns the basis for a second straight game and gives the Dodgers oh one nothing lead.
Speaker 6: Kyle Tucker or this ninth home run of the season. Second straight game, he goes deep. Dodgers a one nothing lead, and they weren't done. Two batters later, adult rushing a single to love show e Otani, then a field their choice, rushing safe on a throwing air, he advances a third on the play. The next batter and he pot has grounded into a field. There's choice. Dodgers a two to nothing lead. Next batter, Freddie Freeman single to right. Pajez would score later on a pass ball, so some sloppy Mets defense. Dodgers take advantage of that, scoring two more runs as the Dodgers take a three to nothing lead. In the fifth, Dodgers again get after Mets starter Nolan McClay and to Oscar Hernandez a leadoff double.
Speaker 4: Three batters later, with two down, Andy Pajes.
Speaker 7: So Hernandez still camped out on second, so it's up to Andy Pajes.
Speaker 4: First pitch shoots.
Speaker 7: One down the first baseline and that gets the job done. Hernandez scores without a throw, a two out RBI single for Pajz to make it four nothing.
Speaker 9: That is going home. Play with an idea and with a plan. Not trying to pull the baseball, not trying to destroy the baseball, just good situational hitting. Get your base hitting in the RBI. Now two for Paez.
Speaker 6: Here tonight, RBI single for Pajes, as Jose mentioned, his second RBI of the night, number sixty nine on this season.
Speaker 4: Dodgers a four to nothing lead. Yuh, you know what, you have a mode.
Speaker 6: Meanwhile, put it up Zeros until the bottom of the fifth when he gave up an RBI single to Boba Schet, but that was it. Dodgers a four to one lead. Alex Vesi got the seventh. He put up a zero. Gardo Enriquez got the eighth. Had some control issues. Two runners charged to Enriquez after Tyrone Taylor's pinch hit two run double off Tanner, Scott brock Stewart got the ninth, struck out the pair ballgame over. Dodgers hang on him beat the Mets last night four to three. Yamamoto is eleventh win of this season. Brock Stewart his first save. Freddie Freeman had another three to ninth hit, his third in a row. Dodgers with the win now sixty seven and thirty eight on this season. They've won four in a row and our six and two on this road trip. With the chance to sweep the Mets out a city field and end this road trip on a winning note with a happy flight home, Emmett Sheean gets the ball in this series finale, first pitch coming up at ten forty. With more we head out to the Galloping four broadcast. But as we say good morning to Steven Nelson and Jose Mode, guys.
Speaker 7: Here we go TC at long last, the final game and day of a long couple of weeks for the Dodgers nine game road trip out of the break. But Jose, as you know, for the staff and several players, they had to go to Philadelphia for the All Star breaks, so they've been living out of a suitcase for going on three weeks.
Speaker 9: Well, welcome to the big leagues. Especially if you have success, you get the invitation, you get to visit different cities. You come out of the All Star Break to you know, to a challenging schedule considering how you played going into the All Star break being sub by Arizona. Then you see the Yankee, you see the Phillies, you know, challenge your environments and they've stepped up in a big way. But we talk about the staff and Dave robertson all the planning going on. It's just remarkable how the routines can never stop in baseball. And with Dino and Creage, Wordward obviously Rob Belskuoy and Aaron Bates, they understand and really can just pin down what guys are doing, no matter where they're at, no matter what the schedule says. And so far, you know, with they six and two record, you know, the average overall has not been greater two forty three. Here one thing that really Stephen catches my eye. We met a score im position. The dollars have it this trip two twenty eight. But the on basi ben and scoring position three fifty one. So the Batana's being passed, guys are allowing innings to get extended. That's what we're seeing with low production numbers. Wise, they're winning games.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're giving themselves opportunities consistently, they're just not cashing in at the level that they want or expect. But even still, they are.
Speaker 10: Darned.
Speaker 4: You're perfect on this road trip.
Speaker 7: They've won all three series, have a chance to sweep today. And I mean, I think if you would have told the Dodgers after the final game against Arizona at home before the break, hey, you're gonna go four and two between the Bronx and Philly, then when the first two in New York, I think they would take whatever happens today.
Speaker 9: Yeah, take whatever happens today. Mark Pryor is running a nice way a run.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 9: What they're doing on the starting staff is remarkable. Two nine to sixty ROA throughout the trip, forty percent round balls. Guys are being taken care of by guys catching the ball in the infield. And on top of that, remember some of the questioning was what's happened with the sloppy play going into the first game at Yankee Stadium, and all of a sudden they've come in a two hours so far won by monthsly one by Pie's in the up above the relievers to win on the road and to win one run games overall, the relievers have done again and they're averaging ten k's per nine within one eighty average again.
Speaker 7: So that's how you went on the road, and that relief course is going to get stronger next week the plan anyway, with Edwin Diaz being activated off the injured list, but that's in the future. In the near present is Emmitt Sheen against Freddy Perrault to the former Brewers. Having the worst year arguably of his career in his first season with the Mets, he starts for New York. Emmit Sheean a bit of a hometown game. We'll talk about that as the day moves along, and we joined a little bit later. Tim Jose, we'll give you a key, all.
Speaker 4: Right, thank you, Nelly.
Speaker 6: I's been counting down at first pitch Dodger fans. No perfect time than right, And now to think about what you're doing for lunch. Shaky's Vizza Parlor. What are your Shakies Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's at shakysant dot com. Coming up here on Wrongo because you know, Dodgers on deck. David Vesiego's high and tight with Jack Dryer, we'll hear from the Dodger manager. The latest injury news is the Dodgers are getting healthy at just the right time. We got your Dodgers magical moment coming up. We'll break down this pitching matchup. But up next your Otani Rewine and well is it with Sports in LA's Kirsten Watson. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Mets on this Sunday morning from City Field in Queens.
Speaker 4: New York.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim kats Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: Well, this is Wrongo Cassino Dodgers hunting on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Mets one final time from Cityfield. I mean she and Freddie prawl to the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at ten forty.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewind Well show.
Speaker 6: He Otani last night, oh for five, hit the ball hard, but nothing to show for it. Now hitting two on the season as the Dodgers beat the Mets four to three.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston, Watson.
Speaker 6: And Keirson now joins us from Cityfield in New York. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of that old car. Donate today, a car could be picked up Tomorrow's that easy. Donate now at Carsfrokids dot org. That's cars with a kay. Here we are nine games in ten days, three different cities, including a fourth stop in Washington, d C. And the Dodgers threw it all curious and I know, I'm they're happy to get home after this game.
Speaker 4: But they can leave with the sweep at City Field.
Speaker 11: They sure can, and they can live on a very high note, not only just with how they performed here at City Field, but how they've performed this entire road trip, taking two of three against the Yankees, two with three against the Phillies. There's a lot of talk of when you come out of the All Star break, similar to what we saw going into the All Star break when they were swept by the Diamondbacks, there can be a slight falloff just kind of getting back into routines. Had a few days off, you kind of got a little in the middle of the season, So we can go one of two ways. It can be a slow kind of build up back in or you can come.
Speaker 4: In and get rolling.
Speaker 11: And the Dodgers, in best case scenario, have come back off of the All Star break and they have been rolling as much as you can say that. There's still a few things are working through, looking to get a little bit more consistency from the offense. We've had games on this road trip in which it's been a two run game or then it's been an outbreak, so you kind of want to see a little bit more leveling of that, and guys are working through a few things.
Speaker 1: But ultimately, the.
Speaker 11: Starting pitching has been excellent. If you look at just in this series, it's like a one three eight era for the starting pitcher. So the hope is that Emmitchien can build off of that and pitching can be contagious. But as a whole I was talking to Dino Evil actually this afternoon and he was saying that there's so much positive coming out of this road trip. Yes, guys are exhausted. Yes, everyone is very much ready to be getting on that flight heading back to Los Angeles, especially those who had the All Star Game in Philly as well. Think of course the coaching staff plus what five players were in the game. So they're very much ready to be back in their homes in Los Angeles. But they feel very happy as to how they've performed on this road trip, been picking up hopefully a series sweep today, a season sweep over the Mets, and then just ultimately an extremely positive road trip.
Speaker 6: You mentioned the starting pitching and how good it's been on this road trip. Damn she gets to start this afternoon. He's one of those guys who give up a lot of runs in Philadelphia. They lost the game to Christopher Sanchez and the Phillies on that night.
Speaker 4: I know he's anxious to come out and put up a good doubt in he is.
Speaker 11: And you know what, even Dave Roberts when he was talking about em that she and this this year, you know, there have been ups and downs. He's also some and I had mentioned it with the offense, where the guys are looking for that consistency at the plate. He's someone who's looking for that as well. There were times he felt like, you know, his timing was off with his mechanics as he was coming down the mound. He then brought back his glove tap and you know the results are there sometimes other time. What really hurt him in that Phillies outing was the beginning the long ball. So the hope is that you know, you often hear how hitting is contagious in this sport, and you see the passing of the baton, but there is something to the pitching side of that as well, and the pitching can be contagious. And so the hope is, you know, Emma is a competitor and he wants to perform to the level that we've been seeing. I mean, obviously Rokie was excellent on Friday. Then you have Yoshiobu, who heyes had to grind through his work yesterday, but still a really really like always with Yoshi, even guess to grind, it's still an excellent outing. So the hope is that for Emmett that he can really just build off of those two would have a solid one for himself as well.
Speaker 6: No doubt, Let's get a win, get back home for this Dodgers, Steve Kirsten, we will talk to you after the game.
Speaker 4: So they come here.
Speaker 6: I'm wrong because you know Dodgers on deck will dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David Vette goes one on wall with Jack Dryer, Dodger reliever, but up next to the latest injury report, and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. It's all coming up as we lead it up to Dodgers and the Mets, first pitch at ten forty. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is my Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 6: Morono Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Sunday morning as we lead you up to first pitch from Queens, New York. It's the Dodgers and Mets one final time Morongo Casino Resort and Spa, a grand Slam for good times.
Speaker 4: Immit Sheen on the mound. First pitch coming up at ten forty, it's.
Speaker 1: The LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 6: Presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tyler Glass now through the hitters a couple of days ago. He is trending in the right direction. Next step is to throw a sim game. Blake Snell on the sixty day IL. He has pitched in one rehab appearance going into inning and in a third last Saturday. He is scheduled to go a couple of days from now on Wednesday, and when Diaz on the IL, he'll come off that IL coming up on this next homestand on Wednesday. And Keiki Hernandez scheduled to come off the IL with the left oblique injury also on this homestand he is looking like a Tuesday return in that first game against Seattle. All right, let's head back out to New York and check out with the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 10: Questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 8: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 12: The dugouts with Dave Roberts, you know, with Emmett, it's sort of a you know, trying to figure out the consistency and why it hasn't been consistent consistent. There's been moments of brilliance and dominance, and then there's been, you know, some innings that have you scratching your head. It's not from preparation, from care, from work, but certainly with what we've done on the starting side, I do think that he wants to.
Speaker 10: Keep that momentum going.
Speaker 12: But I think for me as I expect there to be some really good innings today and some really good throws, and then it's just kind of, you know, the two innings, the two at bats where it's just not right.
Speaker 10: Hopefully we can eliminate those.
Speaker 5: Jad told me JD Martinez he's been out here with the Mets. He told me last year that he met up with Mooki like three or four different times to try to help him get back on track.
Speaker 8: Do you feel like Mooki's missed that?
Speaker 10: I think so.
Speaker 12: You know, JD and Mooki have a very good relationship, and JD really spoke his language and Mooki responded so obviously not to have him around, I think that, you know, probably hasn't helped him, but you know, it is what it is. But yeah, JD was very impactful for Muki's square.
Speaker 5: It felt like he was turning the corner two ninety ops to over eight hundred in June.
Speaker 8: Why has it fallen off so much in July?
Speaker 12: That's a great question. I don't know the answer. You know, hit a ball hard last night. I think that the swings have been better in the last couple of weeks. But again, yeah, you're you're still it just hasn't been consistent. But I will say overall player, the defense has been really good and hopefully he.
Speaker 10: Can kind of, you know, get hot at some point.
Speaker 5: Are you kind of feeling the same thing that you felt this time last year where you're just hoping that it can click at the right time as you get closer to the end of the season.
Speaker 10: A little bit of that, But I think for me, it's they think with Mookie MOOKI is a very.
Speaker 12: Emotions on your sleeve type of guy, and I think for me is just be up the mind to help us win baseball games.
Speaker 10: And that's what he did last year. And I think that, you know, the more clarity he gets.
Speaker 12: With that, and it takes away the kind of pressure of the expectation on the offensive side. So playing great defense, we're winning a lot of baseball games. And I'm still going to bet on the on the offense, you know, going forward.
Speaker 6: All right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts talking with the media just a few minutes ago. When we continue here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on day we'll talk with David Vess. Leads up to first pitch on this Sunday Morning Dodgers and Mets. I'm Tim Kates as the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Hat and Dodgers and Mets on this Sunday morning image, she and Freddy Perrault to the pitching matchup, final game of this three game series, final game of this long road trip Dodgers Baseball brought to my Alpato born in La. Made for your game day. El Pato brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to your table.
Speaker 4: El Pato Gourmet and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 8: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bass.
Speaker 6: All right, DV heard you talking to Dave Robins there about Mookie Betts.
Speaker 4: How much do you think he's missing?
Speaker 1: JD.
Speaker 4: Martinez is his personal hitting hitting coach.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 5: JD when he was with the Red Sox, was a big voice for Mookie Bets. For whatever reason, they connect and Mookie really seems to get some hitting cues from JD. Martinez, and then that was part of the equation when the Dodgers signed JD. Martinez in twenty twenty three to not only be their DH but also to be a great sounding board for Mookie Bets.
Speaker 9: And during spring.
Speaker 5: Training I had JD Martinez on Dodger Talk and asked him about those hitting meetings that he had in Tampa last September, and he actually surprised us that they did it more than once.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 13: I mean me and Muk go way back, so you know, for him, I definitely.
Speaker 14: Made the exception of coming out and going out there and spending a weekend with them.
Speaker 13: And you know, trying to get him back on track. I did it there and then I did in La too.
Speaker 8: What do you help him with?
Speaker 10: How?
Speaker 8: Why does JD Martinez connect with him so much?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 13: I mean, I think we both a lot of trust.
Speaker 14: Try to me, he you know, he values my opinion on everything, and from there it was kind of one of those things.
Speaker 13: Where we just we work well together, and I don't know, I feel.
Speaker 14: Like I just have a really good understanding of his swing and his mind, you know, Mooki's Mookey's you know, unbelievable, unbelievable talent, as everybody knows. He's just sometimes this game is just derails you sometimes and you need someone.
Speaker 13: To, you know, lock it back in. Robert was that guy for me. You know, every time I would get derailed, Robert would kind of guide me back in and it was a lot of trust that I put into him, and it always kind of works. Sometimes you just got to turn your brain off and what's some one else think for you? Because you just get in your own way.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So last year it was JD.
Speaker 5: Martinez that helped Mookie Bets do all that in September and go into the postseason with a better mind frame. Now he works for the Mets tim so that would be a little bit frowned upon by Steve Cohen. And right now, Mookie Bets, could you who's JD Martinez? Because he's only hitting a buck ninety in the month of July with an OPS under seven hundred.
Speaker 6: That is something he needs to bring up here as we hit the end of July. David is brought to you by a Ford Summer Sales event. Don't wait hurrying now for the best Offers of the Year for the official vehicle of Major League Baseball. Blake Snell has already thrown one rehab game in Tripa, Oklahoma City.
Speaker 4: David, what's the plan now moving forward?
Speaker 5: He's actually thrown two two and on Wednesday will be his third. He's gonna throw four innings. And Dave Roberts again today left the door open that this could possibly be the last rehab start for Blake Snell before he returns to the rotation. The reason why Dave Roberts is leaving the door open there has been reports that the Dodgers are considering flipping Eric Lauer to try to bolster their minor league infield pitching catching depth, and there are teams that are looking for starting pitching, so the Dodgers could do that. And if they did trade a pitcher like Lower, they would need somebody to fill that spot in this six man rotation, and Snell obviously would do that.
Speaker 4: David, what right now?
Speaker 6: I mean, the Dodgers post All Star break are on fire, and this is a road trip that we all look kind of looked at before the All Star Break.
Speaker 4: Is what's going to happen this?
Speaker 6: You know, can go south, they can go on a big run here and really separate themselves in the division. And they've really done that. They've really separated themselves still in the division. And this road trip has been phenomenal.
Speaker 12: Well.
Speaker 5: I think they sent a message to everybody that was thinking they were going to let down after getting such a big lead and the way things went into the All Star break, and they obviously have sent a message that they are not going to let down. This was a tough travel road trip, especially for the guys that were part of the All Star team, and there were a few of them, so those guys have been on road for two weeks. See think about it started at Yankee Stadium and they had to play a double ahead. They win that series. They go to Philadelphia, then to Washington, d c. And then back here to New York and win the first two games and not let down against the Mets. I can't say enough about what they've done on this road trip. And they're looking at the sweep today, no doubt.
Speaker 6: All right, Dave, we'll check back in with you in just a little bit. Still, they come here at Margot Casino, Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from Jack Dreyer will dive deeper to this pitching matchup. But up next your Dodgers Magical Moment. It's the Dodgers and Mets from Queens, New York. I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 4: This is the back to back of World Series champion Dodgers Audio Networks.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's a Dodgers and the Mets on this Sunday morning.
Speaker 6: The image she and Freddy Perrault to the pitching matchup, final game of this three game series, final game of.
Speaker 4: This road trip is the Dodgers already five and two.
Speaker 6: It was stops in New York, Philadelphia, and now in New York again against the Mets. First pitch coming up at ten four.
Speaker 15: I go hereg who wants a hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment, Ditch Magical Magical procession by Hawfy Hot Jobs.
Speaker 4: Well, the Dodgers taking on the Mets.
Speaker 6: We go back to June thirtieth, nineteen sixty two, in front of a crowd of twenty nine thousand, seven hundred and ninety seven at Dodger Stadium, the Dodgers beat the Mets five to nothing.
Speaker 4: A day in which Sandy Kofax through his first.
Speaker 2: Career no no go bank size and the pitch bastball, a big bouncer down the wheels.
Speaker 4: He as most of all right ho he.
Speaker 2: All of the Dodgers are out the mob, so Banks halfway between third and Hall fairly with his arms around Sandy pushing him guard to dog, other Dodgers leaping over the knot of players to just sucking him. The Razers shaking his hand. Dwayne Anderson is out there to put that value, the left arm in a windbreaker, and a shower of blue pillows down on the field. Sandy kobank bitch is a no hitter. More of the Dodgers the first Dodder no hitters and Sal Magley turned it in in nineteen fifty six, and the first dodd you're left handed, I bet your no hitter since way back in nineteen hundred and eight.
Speaker 16: And he is now walking for a.
Speaker 2: Long place, and the crowd get an n us standing ovation.
Speaker 6: Sandy Cofax finished the game with thirteen strikeouts, watched five batters. It was the first no hitter by a Dodger leftender, as the Great Vince Scully said, since nineteen oh eight in the Great nap Rucker who threw it back in nineteen oh eight to the first no hitter in the franchise history then since nineteen fifty six. By the way, he had immaculate inning in the first inning of that game. He needed just nine pitches to strike out the first three batters of that no hitter back in nineteen sixty two. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hoffey Hot Haffe Soakcows local treasure for nearly one hundred years Offfey Hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here, I'm wrongco Casino Dodgers on dep We'll check back in with Jose Mota. So we lead you up to Dodgers and Mets on this Sunday. I'm Tim Katson is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the blue all season.
Speaker 6: Lost Dodgers and Mets on this Sunday morning. Emma Sheen and Freddie Parato the pitching Man jump. It's time for the Rizon to startup, as we're thirty four minutes away from the start of the game. Now Verizon you can lock in that low price for three years, so you can save big. Visit your so Cal for Verizon store. Today we head back out to City Field. Jose Mota, David Vessy.
Speaker 5: Guys, All right, Jose, we talked about it earlier, this road trip for the Dodgers. Some other teams, a lot of other teams would have wilted and maybe you know, only won two or three games so far, but the Dodgers are looking a sweep and have only lost two games.
Speaker 9: So far in this road trip. Talk about a complete goal around. When it comes down to what can I count on this time to win ball games. They've met two errors so far this trip. One was in the first game and then that was pies in a month Sea. But they they're catching the baseball again. The whether it's supposed to positioning brilliant once again. And to win one room ball games, which they're the best there is winning one room ball against twenty and thirteen. You gotta have clean defense and the believers on the road need to do their job. So to me, the biggest point is the fact that the Dodgers are not destroying the baseball. But in this trip they found a lot more ways to know that we can win this game, even by vary who closes a game like yesterday in brox Stewart.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because he was looking at bringing in Tanner Scott for a four out save. He gives up two runs in the eighth inning and then brock Stewart has to face a switch hitting Francisco Lindor and Stuart's known for being one of the best against right hander.
Speaker 9: He's been so good against right hander. His stuff is playing so well. I've talked to a couple of scouts the last time during this trip and they're like, he's a new guy. I mean, there's no doubt. Whatever is a victeam last year with his arm and then this year with that bold spur. It was not allowing him to land cleanly, but Dave, you see like the explosiveness through the through the zone on his pitches, and then you see the torque on the mound with the slope being used, and he hides the ball very well by the way too. You know in ninety three from him is a couple of guys have told me it's like ninety seven because it's on you so quick. And then he has this lane with a fastball in a lefties and that's why I think it was a good matchup for Lindor where it cuts in naturally as a four seamer, but then he's got a nasty sweeper that breaks in from the same lane.
Speaker 10: So I'm so glad that.
Speaker 9: You know, as you go through the season and the ups and downs at the EBB and the floor of the seasons, some answers come to you just by necessity and by the fact that you're not even looking for the brock store right now has played himself into a bigger role because he's shooting against you know, big part of the lineup right now.
Speaker 5: And let's be honest, he has spent the last couple of years in Minnesota. The games did not mean a lot, not in full stadiums. What does last night tell Dave Roberts as far as trusting brock Stewart possibly in a high leverage spot in the postseason, thinking the sixth inning, I wanted to be out of the way. I wanted to be thinking seven, eight, nine. Now it could be a matchup guy. It could be that perhaps the lineup says, how about Tenner Scott for the eighth because there's a couple of lefties, you know, the case of the Phillies.
Speaker 9: And brock Sword. Later now you have the confidence to do that. And I love when stories like this come up to me because if you look at all the charts and all the graphics and the analytics and stuff like that, it's about getting ounts.
Speaker 17: It's not about it's not about whiff for it's not about any of the other stuff. It's about getting outs no matter what. If it's contact, they could be weak contact because later in games, obviously more things are prone to happen on the defensive side. But if you can get outs and stay in the zone and keep the guys involved and keep the game moving, nothing about that light design all right.
Speaker 5: On the flip side for the Dodger offfense, show, hal Tani has not hit a home run on this road trip, and the Dodgers still have only lost two games, and they've been able to score runs using small ball Becsey. On the surface, though with runners in scoring position it doesn't seem that great, but it feels.
Speaker 9: A lot better than what the numbers show. You still with show with show hal Tani, and I think you know on the hitting side, even though it's sounding like it's just as smooth as possible, it's not as easy as possible. Well, they encouraged me yesterday is the fact that he hit two balls the other way with some authority, And to me, that's sitting back and waiting for the ball to get there. But we've seen a lot of wailing type of swings where it still gets base hits and doubles, but it's not where he wants to be. So for show hair things, sitting back sometimes taking a two striking coach early in account's important you talk about the home runs. This trip has shown this Dodger ball club offensively. That is not about the home runs. They're gonna get there because according to you, phase the stadiums, how you feel, and all those kinds of thing. But there's a time too when day the balls is gonna start flying again because you hit ors have a better idea how they're be in pitchsuit. The balls are traveling a little bit more now in the heat, but you got to make sure they get yourself in good position. But the home run, the slugging will not disappear from those ball club want to say.
Speaker 5: Think about this, who the Dodgers have beaten on this road trip, Garrett Cole, Cam Schlittler, Nolan McClain last night, and also Zach Wheeler. I mean that is impressive. The Dodgers have won games against those starters.
Speaker 9: Zach Wheeler right now is a little chat because he's like two losses against the Dodgers, five home runs and two audience, how do I do that? But you have a good point. The one thing they do is going through their order the first time, second time, third time. That the second time, when you watch that pattern is where things start to change because they become a little bit more patient.
Speaker 5: How many more hits for Freddy today? He has six in the first two games. Got a couple more?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 9: I see a couple walks where Freddy Peralta is a little while, so I think Freddy's going to say, better be in the zone. I'm taking my walks.
Speaker 5: All right, Great job, serious, Jose. We'll look forward to Chuck. Yeah, of course, we'll look forward to checking back in with you and Steven a little bit later. But for now we'll send it back to Burbank and Tim Kates.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, guys.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball presented by Uniclo Field at Dodgers stadium. Visit Uniclo dot com slash us still the coming here. I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup with Im and Sheen on the mound. Nelly and Jose will be back with the keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight with Dodger reliever Jack and Dryer. Dodgers Mets first pitch at ten forty. I'm Tim Kates is back to back World Series champion Dodgers.
Speaker 4: All your network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Clean you up to Dodgers and Mets on this Sunday morning, the final game of the series, final game of the road trip. Immacheen on the Mount Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast.
Speaker 4: When it's game day, it's grouped and shakeyas.
Speaker 3: Dot com and now what will likely be vess a fielding insults from.
Speaker 1: A Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 15: This this high end.
Speaker 5: Tugged the Dodgers are wrapping up this nine game road trip as they get set for first pitch against the Mets, and we're joined right now by one of my favorite Dodger relievers. In fact, I kind of identify I've gravitated towards the bullpen this year, There's no doubt about it. Jack Dryer is our guest. Jack, thanks a lot for the time, appreciate.
Speaker 16: It absolutely, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 5: What's these ten days been like for you and the rest of the relievers that started at Yankee Stadium and ending up now in City Field.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean, coming off of the All Star break, you know, it's been a while since some of us have been home now, so I'm just excited to continue playing, playing good baseball and then wrap up the long road trip and get back to La Jack.
Speaker 5: Over the years, I've heard baseball teams say road trips like this on the East Coast really brings the team closer together.
Speaker 8: Has happened with the Dodgers?
Speaker 5: I mean, you guys are a close knit group to begin with, but has this solidified all that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Absolutely, I think. Yeah, like you said, we're already very close as a team. But you know, this much time on the road gives you plenty of opportunity to go explore the city together, you know, try different foods, you know, whatever it is. So it's definitely fun to be able to spend some time away from the field with the guys.
Speaker 10: Jack.
Speaker 5: This season, it's been an interesting one because last year it never felt like you had major speed bumps in your rookie season.
Speaker 8: This year, how did you get through the speed bumps?
Speaker 16: You know, it's continuing to harp on the things that I talked about last year, which is, you know, focus on what you can control. You know, in the big leagues there's a lot of noise going on, whether or it's social media or things you see online, whatever it is, and so just focusing on what you can control and putting your head down and just stacking one day at a time, that's all you can do.
Speaker 5: When you would have tough outings, where would you go?
Speaker 8: How would you deal with it?
Speaker 12: When?
Speaker 8: When would you be able to get your mind clear?
Speaker 16: Yeah, you know, it's being able to lean on different people.
Speaker 4: So first and foremost my wife.
Speaker 16: Being able to go to her and you know, kind of talk about something other than baseball is very helpful. But then you know, the coaching staff, teammates, review sessions about the outing and then looking forward to the next out and coming up. Just all of those things are really important, and so that goes back to, you know, showing how close the team is because you can have those conversations with pretty much anybody that you want to.
Speaker 8: What was it besides the mental part of the game.
Speaker 5: Did you make a significant adjustment to your mechanics?
Speaker 8: Because I'm not a pitching.
Speaker 5: Coach, but I could just tell you, and I've told the listeners that you starting to look like Jag Dryer again.
Speaker 16: Yeah, you know, it's kind of a boring answer, but I really think like the answer is in the details of the mental preparation. And so, you know, the lowest hanging fruit for improvement, I think is always going to be the mental game. Whether it's a mechanical shift or a pitch selection shift or you know, anything it is, it all goes back to your mentality and your conviction, and so just continuing to get better at that and you know, ensuring that I'm convicted every time I go out on the mound because I have the best defense in the world behind me, great catchers calling games like there's there's nowhere I'd rather be playing.
Speaker 5: Jack Dryer is our guest in front of first pitch between the Dodgers and Mets.
Speaker 8: The first day here at City Field.
Speaker 5: We talked to Will Klein, who talked to Clayton Kershaw at the White House, and Kershaw asked him, why are you throwing sidearm now, which means that his arm slot was lower. Did pitching coach Kershaw give you any sort of observational advice?
Speaker 16: Well, first of all, I was very happy to see him, and you know, gave each other a hug, and he just said, hey man, you're throwing kind of hard now.
Speaker 4: And so I took that as a compliment.
Speaker 10: But again it's just, you know, I.
Speaker 16: Think he is the you know, kind of the blueprint for how you should handle your preparation, and he did it better than anybody for eighteen years, you know. Just continuing to handle your preparation and good things will happen in the game.
Speaker 5: So does that mean you're throwing harder than you were last year or does it mean you're throwing harder than you were earlier this season?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 16: Both, I've thrown harder than I've ever thrown in my entire life this year, So just continuing the trend in the right direction.
Speaker 5: All right, Jack, I know you guys like to keep it close to the vest. We'll leave it right there. Thanks a lot for the time. Always great to catch up with you.
Speaker 8: Thank you for having me there.
Speaker 5: He goes, Jack Dryer has been our guest, and he'll receive a gift card to Javier's. That's right, he's gonna live the good life. Javier's fine Mexican dining. Maybe even take Alex Friedland with him when he goes to Hobviers in Pasadena, Newport Beach or Irvine.
Speaker 8: We'll send it back to you in the studio, Tim.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks a lot of DV.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's gonna have a nice little dinner out the court to see of David Vasse As we leads up to first pitch Dodgers and Mets. First pitch from Queen's coming up at ten forty. But up next we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kas's back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio.
Speaker 3: Now, this is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunt on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers at Mets one final time from Queen's first pitch coming up at ten forty and.
Speaker 3: Now before the Dodgers hit the Dineck, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: Brought to you by here Toyota Dealers. We making it easy.
Speaker 6: Freddie Peralta on the mound for the Mets, five and nine with a five O one ERA, thirty year old right handed of the Dominican Republic, ninth season in the Big Leagues, eight with the Brewers. Came over in trade from Milwaukee this past offseason. Fastball, change up, curveball slider. Making his twenty second start of this season last time out five and a third inning, seven runs, eight hits, a couple of home runs, six strikeouts, and a loss to his former team. He is zero and three with the seven to thirty six ERRA in the month of July. Over his last eleven starts, opponents are batting three fifty three against with runners in the scoring position. Through his first ten start, he held opponents to a seventy batting average with runners in scoring positions, so teams starting to figure him out. He'll make his ninth career start against the Dodgers. Through his eight career starts against LA four and two at the three twenty nine ERA, forty strikeouts and a one to eighty eight opponents batting average.
Speaker 4: Emmett Sheen goes for the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Four and seven with a five thirteen ERA twenty six year old right hander in his fourth season down in the Big leagues. Fastball, slider, change up, curveball. He's got the stuff, There's no doubt about that. It's his control that has been an issue. A lot of pitch counts going deep. Making his nineteen start this year last time out five and thirty eighty and six runs, eight hits, six strikeouts, and a loss to Christopher Sanchez and the Phillies. He hasn't completed six innings in his starts since June first against Arizona. This is his first time facing the New York Mets. Emmett Shean Freddy Peralta Dodgers Mets for fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Keys of the game are next. I'm Tim Kates at the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio that what.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and Mets on this Sunday, final game of this road trip, final game of this series, Dodgers going for the season sweep over New York. I mean she and Freddy Perault to the pitching matchup, getting ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo Start Great Moments. Start with Saporo Beer, whatever your taste preference to Poro has you cover with the variety of crispin refreshing loggers including light and non alcoholic beers. Good with sushi, Great with baseball before first pitch, Back out to the booth, Steven Nelson, Jose Mota Guys.
Speaker 7: Series finale here at City Field. Freddy PEARLTA for the Mets and Emmett She and for the Dodgers. It's already been a successful road trip out of the Break Coast a motive, but for them to get a sweep today and make it the happiest of flights back to Los Angeles, well, they're gonna be really happy anyway because they get to go home finally. But what's the key to win today?
Speaker 9: At shean following up on what Sosaki has done this series and what you have Amoto has done this series yeah, Mamoto's line looks better than the way he pitched. But guess what, he's a star pitcher who understands how to get out of jams. So to me, in terms of performance in production, the way he's gonna get better production is pitch down in the zone, have that rope as they call it in the spring training, and you know the cords out of the bullpen below the knees, because then when you pitch upstairs, Steven, you're gonna be way more effective. The home run ball has been one issue against she and I think hopefully because he has so many people around here today, he's not gonna try to overthrow or overdo it or overproduce it. But trust your ability. But mechanically he needs to be clean, straight line in the path towards home play. But mainly go out there and pitch down and the zone. Why not keep those infielders busy as.
Speaker 7: We talked about, and he's gonna try and put on a show. Obviously didn't have a great last outing in Philadelphia. But Northeast kid, you know, born in New York, grew up in Darien, Connecticut, not too far so he's gonna have a host of family and friends here in attendance. He grew up coming to games at both stadiums in New York, but told me that City Field was actually more enjoyable for him to attend, and now he finally.
Speaker 9: Gets to pitch here.
Speaker 1: That works.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think that she and family does as well. Jose motup, all right, that's gonna do it.
Speaker 9: For the booth.
Speaker 7: First pitch momentarily Freddy Peralta against show heyl Tony to kick off this finale.
Speaker 4: Tim back to you, all right, thanks a lot, guys, Dodgers.
Speaker 6: After the game, gonna get on a flight home and be back in LA for the first time in a weeks. Certainly gonna feel good, but well, phill even sweeter with a win and a sweep of the Mets. I'll be back with the postgame show and this thing is all over, including highlights and Dodger talk as well. Enjoy it, Dodgers and Mets one final time.
Speaker 4: From Queens, New York. First pitch when we return, I'm Tim Gates.
Speaker 6: This has been Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.