Speaker 1: It's Mojo in the Morning show.
Speaker 2: Has anybody ever slept text like, we're in the middle of the night. They were sleeping and they didn't realize until they looked at their phone the next morning that they were texting.
Speaker 1: So, what's going on, Shannon?
Speaker 3: So the I've been been having so much trouble sleeping lately, and I think I'm in a phase of just my anxieties kind of out of control, and so I wake up constantly throughout the night. So the night before last Wes was like, why don't you take a melotonin? And because as soon as I laid down, I'm like, I already know. I can feel my heart racing, my mind was going a thousand miles a minute. And He's like, take a melotonin and that way, at least you'll sleep until you're alarm at three forty five.
Speaker 4: I'm like, okay, So I did.
Speaker 3: And when I woke up yesterday morning before I came into the studio, he was like, how did you sleep? Did you sleep through the night, And I'm like, yes, I did not wake up one time.
Speaker 4: It was glorious.
Speaker 3: I felt great when I came in yesterday until my babysitter sent me this frantic text during the show, and she was like, oh my god, I missed all of your messages. I'm so so sorry. And I'm like, what in the heck is she talking about. At twelve thirteen am, I started texting her, Oh really, all of this random stuff about the kids and their schedule. Some of it right, some of it not. And I'm like, I had no idea that I was up and texting.
Speaker 1: It's scary.
Speaker 4: At twelve thirteen am.
Speaker 1: Longer text or short like short texts.
Speaker 3: All of the above, several texts yeah, and actually like very coherent, I used emojis, wow, very very me style, but just none of this she really needed to know.
Speaker 2: And Wes didn't notice you on your phone at all. He didn't see like the light next to him all the sleep.
Speaker 4: He was out, Yeah, he was out.
Speaker 1: Look. I got a text from Shannon too. You did not I did.
Speaker 5: It starts with don't tell when but and then you can imagine the rest.
Speaker 3: But as I need some of yours, as she said it like showing me that I had been texting her, I'm like, thank god, she's the only person that's crazy.
Speaker 5: Could you exactly could you imagine texting somebody who like you want to say things to that you know if you did it would be a bad situation, but then you actually sent it, that would be in we all got them people.
Speaker 2: My luck is trust me. I would text back somebody that wants to get together and I would I would text the sales department that I'd go on another sales call to.
Speaker 1: Wow that. So has anybody ever done this?
Speaker 2: Is anybody ever texts slept text?
Speaker 5: I don't think I've ever sleep text, but there have been moments like it happened yesterday where in my mind I know I want to text somebody something or I want to text them back, and I think I'm just doing so much, and then I grab my phone to do it, and then I look down and I've already done it. So I've been I've had what I got texted girl yesterday. I forgot what I text her, but in my mind I wanted to send it, but don't remember actually sending everything. Okay with your content, I don't, to be honest with you, I don't know. I know it's scaredly sometime.
Speaker 2: Shehandon brought up somebody yesterday off the air about how it bothers her when she can't remember the name of something or a word.
Speaker 4: Or something I remember yesterday I was trying to think of legend.
Speaker 2: But when I forget things like what you just did and that, I'm like, oh god, here it like I'm going to autopilot conduc I've left.
Speaker 1: Shopped so that on Amazon, adding stuff to my car and not like I don't know. I wake up the next day totally forget about it, and then I packages that my.
Speaker 2: My buddy, our show buddy Johnny Dare used to sleep shop all the time or slept I don't even know what it would be, sleep shop, sleptop shop, sleep shop, you know. But he would do it all the time and then randomly and it's funny because he would buy weird stuff to begin with, randomly, like a bear costume would show up, no joke, it would be thought, yeah, like it was kind of crazy the things that would would come through. I am one of those people when I am sleeping, I think something happened. When I wake up and this is the deal, Like I think, is is that a dream that happened or is that really what happened? And I used to sleep eat all the time, so I would get up and go.
Speaker 1: No, I swear. You know what. I wish I could say the a whole word right now on the air, because that's you. I'll say this. You're a jag off, all right. So I would.
Speaker 2: Think, oh my god, I feel like I ate something like that, and you'd feel like whatever, And then you go to the kitchen and there would be the leftover pizza box sitting out on the counter, and it's like, I know that.
Speaker 1: That's what I ended up eating a thing. You of course don't.
Speaker 3: Thing that I because my friend, you know, my friends Andrea and Randy. And Randy used to sleep eat all the time too. And Andrea is like she loves speaking and cooking, so there was always stuff out on the counter that she had made, and she would have to find places to hide it because he would call into the kitchen and just like ravage the place.
Speaker 5: So you say, you you wake up, you go downstairs. If you have like if you don't live on one level, you go downstairs, you go to the kitchen, and you're able to physically make food even though you're sleep.
Speaker 2: It was not necessarily I was making it. I was eating whatever that was there, you know what I mean, on the counter, you had pizza boxes out there. I mean, I don't know Randy's thing, and I know Randy was that he would make things right.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, whatever she had made out, he would eat, but he would eat like all of.
Speaker 1: It, and then go to bed or you stay in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: No, and then go back to bed. And she would wake up in the morning for work and go.
Speaker 1: What the heck happened? What's up, Megan? How you doing? Hey?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 1: Are fantastic? What's going on with you?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 8: I actually I have narc lepsy.
Speaker 1: It's pretty mild.
Speaker 9: I just I don't like fall asleep at will. I just am tired a lot.
Speaker 8: But I do this all the time, my sleep.
Speaker 9: Text I talk in my sleep.
Speaker 8: Occasionally I'll sleep walk. Some of the stuff I've done is pretty wild.
Speaker 2: Tell me about the sleep texting. What was the extent of the texting? If you remember any of the stories.
Speaker 9: I you know, a lot of it.
Speaker 8: A lot of it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 9: It almost seems like drunk texting. So the next morning I'll wake up and I'll be like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And some of my friends used to call me in the middle of the night or text me because they knew that I would be in some sort of trance or state and I would respond.
Speaker 1: But it wouldn't make any sense.
Speaker 8: So it was like.
Speaker 2: Almost like a a gibberish. Yeah, just a bunch of gibbers. That's that is so wild. The sleep walking is a is a crazy one too. You have to be careful of that. When I was younger, like when I was like twelve, I used to sleep walk, and my brothers and sisters say it was like the weirdest thing ever. I would just be walking around and they could tell that I was I was asleep because of how un alert I was.
Speaker 1: See, yeah, I would have thought you were possessed. You would.
Speaker 5: You would.
Speaker 1: You would have thought I was going right to the refrigerator.
Speaker 10: Demon.
Speaker 1: Hey, by the way, Megan, he's fat shaming me. Why I just don't believe I don't.
Speaker 2: Text here here says something interesting and I never knew this, but it says too for he said. I read an article one time that melatonin doesn't work for people with a d D and ADHD, which is probably the reason why it doesn't work with me, because when you said that you took melatonin, Melatonin for me is like taking a Lowden's cough drop to stop your call.
Speaker 4: Really, it's just can iron out I take it?
Speaker 2: You are heroin I I have to take Like I like I need a xanax or something like that, like I need a heavy stuff.
Speaker 1: A horse tricky. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Another another texture here says can't call because I'm driving, But then how are you texting? Is that can't call because I'm driving? And I actually have a great story to tell you about sleep texting?
Speaker 1: Well, then pull.
Speaker 2: Over, use the same voice feature and call yeah voice called, just say hey, call Mojo in the morning, or call the phone number eight four four six six five six five four eight eight four four Mojo live.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: To us, it's got to be.
Speaker 5: Weird to be the partner of Randy or to beat Chelsea, like to be the partner of the person who sleep walks, because if I'm in the bed and.
Speaker 1: Like, what's the freak up?
Speaker 5: But like, what's the first time that that happens? If you don't communicate that to your partner, like hey, I'll sleep walk, and then the next night you just randomly wake up and they're like walking around You're trying to get the attention.
Speaker 1: And how about sleep secks.
Speaker 2: There's many people that have no clue which is kind of scary that they actually are you making that?
Speaker 1: No, that's a that's a look. Yeah.
Speaker 2: People who will be so incoherent sleeping wise, not realizing they had sex with their partner that that night, which is scary because honestly, I'd be like, Okay, hold on a second, like I'm telling you you were that, you know, wanting to do it. Yeah, hold on a second. Let me grab a couple of colins here. I just switched over my phone thing. Ah, what's going on?
Speaker 1: How you doing? Is this Julie Hi? Yes? What did your brother.
Speaker 8: When?
Speaker 7: When we were kids, My brother used to get up in the middle of the night and walk around and peeing everybody's shoes. And one night, because he used to stay with me, I was laying in my chair and I heard a zipper.
Speaker 1: I look, I'm like, if you pee on me, I'm going to kill you. Oh my god. And he goes, oh, oh, I'm not going to.
Speaker 10: Pin on you.
Speaker 7: He walked in and peed in my closet instead.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. That's crazy. Yeah, that would be that would happen. Get a sleep, I would have to like check all my clothes or look in my shoes just to make sure that there was.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 11: I had three little dogs at the time, so I bought this ultra violet light that you run along, so I want to make sure mail dogs and I'm peeing some of this stuff the spray well, I'm running this light and.
Speaker 8: All of a sudden, it goes three feet up the wall.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yeah, there's no way your dog's going three feet up the wall.
Speaker 7: No. I told my brother I'm going You're gonna be bush in my walls.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he says, He says, Well, the dogs pee on the wall.
Speaker 8: He says, ain't no different. I'm like, oh, get the.
Speaker 1: Hell on here.
Speaker 2: Julie, thanks for the call, appreciate it. Take care of yourself. What's going on, Caitlin, how you doing?
Speaker 10: Good morning, I'm a first time caller.
Speaker 1: Thank you for calling. Finally, what's going on?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 10: I have a story about my uncle who's really bad with sleep walking. He was apparently chasing a bowl of gravy in his dream, and my aunt found him. He walked down his long driveway and up his neighbor's driveway and was on the ground trying to get this bowl of gravy out from underneath his neighbor's car.
Speaker 4: That sounds like he was doing drugs. Don't have much for dreamed.
Speaker 6: Night swear he doesn't do that. He wakes my aunt up all the time in the middle of the night, swearing there's spiders on her and he's picking in her hair, and he just is crazy when he goes to sleep.
Speaker 2: I guess is he taking ambient Because if that's the case, I think that.
Speaker 1: We got an answer.
Speaker 10: No, No, he's not.
Speaker 2: Yes, that sounds like an ambient high. What's going on? Bbrey?
Speaker 8: Hey, what's up, guys? So I have a scary story and it's just I'm just sharing it, as you know, a first time. So my daughter who's now four, when she was two and a half, bedtimes eight thirty nine o'clock, you know, And I got a text from my neighbor at like midnight. Okay, something's weird. Sure enough, my daughter at two and a half was sleepwalking, got out the front door and was sitting on her porch meowing like cat.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 8: She had her blanket and one slipper on and she was sleepwalking. So of course I'm terrified, can't sleep now for weeks. Made a doctor's appointment, and she's sure enough, his early stages of sleep apnea at four years old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's I know.
Speaker 8: Literally, Then the neighbors like, do you have a cat? No? She looks outside and there's my daughter sitting on her porch sleeping like a cat.
Speaker 2: Have you had to do the sleep study thing with her?
Speaker 8: I have. It's very, very weird because then it's like they're you're watching your daughter go through this like machines hooked up to them and I never had one done. So as I'm sitting there with her, they're like, I think you need to get tested too, because you're very anxious. I'm like, well, hello, you have my daughter.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 2: The ladies, the ladies that like Laurie and everybody were at U of M, were telling me how tough that is for parents they to sleep in a chair right next to their daughter in bed or son in bed. Thank you for the call. I appreciate it. Now here's the call we've been waiting for. Initial Brie voice, disguise, what's going on? Brie, Hi, what's happening.
Speaker 1: That much?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 12: My fiance he doesn't believe it, but he always tries to have sex while he's sleeping.
Speaker 1: He wait, and he doesn't believe it. Like you say something to him in the morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so like what does he do?
Speaker 12: He like tries like touching on me and he just has no clue what's going on.
Speaker 1: And do you usually push him off of you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wow, So you think he's having like a sexual dream or something and he's thinking about it, and that's what's going on.
Speaker 12: Maybe he doesn't even recall ever having dreams or anything.
Speaker 5: That's next time he does it. Allow him to go the full length and just see if he's better.
Speaker 1: What are you friends? What if he's better? What if sleep him is better than alive him? Yeah? Oh my god? Yeah? What kind of guy is he in bed? Is he a good guy in bed?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh that you should not have said it that way.
Speaker 1: He could do better. I do hate it.