Speaker 1: I love that song. It's KATWB on the day of Ryan Show. It's warming up. It's going to be like what thirty degrees.
Speaker 2: Today, thirty second sadly higher than that, but mccloudy sun doesn't want to come and say hello.
Speaker 1: The good news is there's no like crazy lows for the next ten or twelve days. It's going to be in the thirties and forties, mostly thirties. But we'll take that for this time in February. Yeah, not too burn.
Speaker 3: Keep it going to melt.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited that, like all the caked on ice and snow off the streets is going to melt a little bit, keeping the nature.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I heard yesterday that it is like if something winter is done now, it's like there's a term for it. It's not. It's not it's not as psychological as it's a scientific term. No, it's like as it goes from like you know, like middle of November until now. And some meteorologists locally said something on Instagram yesterday like the worst days of winter as far as light deprivation are over now.
Speaker 3: All the darkest days are over.
Speaker 1: So I think what that means is maybe we're getting like maybe twelve hours of light a day rather than three hours of light to day.
Speaker 3: Not exactly sure.
Speaker 4: There's there's a run club that I've gone to one time, so I do say I'm a part of it, but I've only been once. But they recently posted yesterday how they think by March twelfth they'll be back back in action. Because I think dusk is until six thirty starting March twelfth, so that means it does.
Speaker 3: Know that sounds right down, So we always.
Speaker 4: Would run at like six thirty or actually no, sorry, the dusk is at like seven, we'd start the run at six thirty.
Speaker 1: Anyway, days are getting longer. That's good. Also, you're getting richer. You're getting richer because you're about to play this game to win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Now your chance at one thousand.
Speaker 1: Dollars just to enter this nationwide keyword on our website.
Speaker 3: Friend, that's friend.
Speaker 1: KDWB dot com. Hey, go play the game for one thous dollars. Going to spend it on a friend of Mine's in Mexico right now, and so maybe a trip to Mexico for spring break. Spring break is coming up. I don't know how much a trip to Mexico is maybe a trip just down to Key West. I don't know how much that is either, but one thousand dollars will go a long way to your spring break trip. So you can sit there and go, wow, that'd be nice, or you can be smart about it and actually play the game. Go to KDWB dot com. A little box is going to pop up. You type in the keyword friend, and you're good to go. Make sure you answer your phone within an hour or so from an unknown number, because that's probably us calling to say you won the thousand dollars. Are we going to talk about the thing with with with Katie Camp?
Speaker 3: We most certainly can.
Speaker 1: Now this is so interesting. We brought this up yesterday and I found it so interesting that I said, we got to talk about this again for people who don't listen early that listen to the nine o'clock hour, because Bailey is dating this guy and you're like, you don't know, like the deep things like do you want to have kids? How many kids do you want to have? What religion are you? And so your friend Katie Cap is seeing a guy. Yep, she's dated him a few times, maybe a few months. Yeah, and they've had all the conversations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they made it a point so like that, once they decided to be exclusive, she was like, okay, we're going through this list and she found, you know, somebody who was totally on the same page as her with like also answering these questions. And yesterday when we brought them up, we got a lot of response. Some people were like, no, no, you need to learn that stuff organically, and other people were like, no, ask those questions right away. Don't waste your time learning them organically because that might take forever if ever. So the list of questions are as follows. It is a long list, but I'll get through them point.
Speaker 3: But it's also it's on your Instagram, I believe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's on my It should still be on my Instagram stories, and we posted it on the Dave Ryan Show Instagram stories as well. Do you have a mental timeline of when you want to be married by Am I someone you genuinely want to be with or am I just fitting into that timeline? Do you want kids? How many kids? What if those kids can't biologically be yours? What if you could never have children that are biologically yours? What if those children were never of infant age. How much money do you make?
Speaker 3: Do you Now?
Speaker 1: That's an interesting one, Yeah, because that seems so it's none of your business how much money you make? Like, yeah, I mean I guess it's like, okay, I think you can get an idea of how much money somebody makes by the way they what they do, the way they present themselves honestly, the way they carry themselves, maybe the way they dress, maybe the car they drive. Yeah, I mean sometimes that can be misleading. I know some freak ass people who drive a really nice.
Speaker 2: Car, and I think the reasoning is so like, you don't have to use context clues to find out the answer to any of these. You just ask, So, how much money do you make? Do you receive an annual raise? If yes, what was that raise last year? How much do you have in savings? Do you have separate accoun set up for retirement? If yes, what is your annual contraby? I would find that so intrusive if somebody said, how much do you have in savings? I got two hundred thousand dollars. But that's none of your business. See, But if you're looking for for like a future with this person, I think it is something that you.
Speaker 1: Would want to know you no question, you'd want to know it, right, but would you ask it?
Speaker 2: And I that's that's where I think, like this is you know, wow, what a what a concept that Katie Cav's asking these questions because I think we've been raised to the point where we're like, well, you can't answer those questions. Those are intrusive questions, But like why why are those If I'm looking to have a future with you, shouldn't I know the answer to these questions?
Speaker 3: And maybe we can suit you know soon though that's the question.
Speaker 1: Let's say you're on date number two and you like this guy and it's like, Okay, he's fun whatever, Yeah, is it any of your business? Of course you want to know how much he makes right, But on date number.
Speaker 3: Two, Yeah, date two seems early to me.
Speaker 2: And some people were texting and saying like, hey, I asked all of these message or questions on date one. But like I'm looking at it right now where I've been dating regular guy for three months and I don't know the answered a lot of these questions, and I feel like I could know the answer to a lot of.
Speaker 3: I can ask your question, sure, how much do you think he makes Oh, I know that one. Actually you do? How much do you think he's got in savings? I don't know.
Speaker 2: See, that's why I don't like.
Speaker 3: I don't want to guess.
Speaker 2: I don't want to assume or you try to use context clues.
Speaker 3: I just want him to tell me.
Speaker 2: Okay, granted, some of these if even if I had to answer these, I would have to look up some of this stuff I don't know off the top of my head.
Speaker 3: Well, it's gonna say vice versa.
Speaker 5: Would you be comfortable answering those back at this point like today if he asked you both those questions how much you make and how much you haven't savings?
Speaker 2: Because what if I'm more downtrodden than he wants? So, I mean I should have to know that. The rest of these questions are do you have any debt? If so, how much and from what? What is your plan for paying that down? What is interest on that debt? Have you ever lived alone? Have you ever lived with a girlfriend? When was your last relationship? And then Jenny added this one, when did you or how did your last relationship end?
Speaker 3: How long was that last relationship? And long term?
Speaker 2: Do you see yourself still living in the city or moving somewhere else, potentially the suburbs.
Speaker 3: What religion are you? Is it important that your children be the same religion as you? What are your three biggest fears in life? And what does a meaningful life look like to you. I really get both sides of this.
Speaker 1: I get like, yes, you want to know all of these, but I also get it's none ya. It's none ya business early in the relationship, of course, but then it feels like a job interview, like do they check all the boxes? And I think love isn't about checking boxes because you could meet a guy who's got thirty two dollars in his savings account, right No. Four to oh one k, but you could still love him because he's just such a wonderful person. I've dated enough broke people to know that to me, unless they're just stupid broke, like still spending money, Yeah, when they But if you're broken you're going down to donate plasma because you need the extra money, that's not so broke. It's if you're broke and now you took out another credit card under your sister's name because you can't get another one, and you just bought five thousand dollars worth of jet skis. That's that's dumb broke, exactly, dumb broke.
Speaker 2: So I feel I understand like wanting to know the answer to these questions and asking them, like there's probably even more questions that you could ask that Like we've been told don't ask questions like that because that's personal information. But if you're in a personal relationship with this person, that stuff should matter.
Speaker 1: It's true. But I think that most people who are in a long term relationship would agree there was no real surprises after a certain amount of time. Oh yeah, okay, because so go.
Speaker 5: Ahead, I was gonna say, I don't know how soon it was after me and Alyssa got together, like we were talking, that we had those discussions, But yeah, there were no surprises. I think just because we were around each other, so you could do the context clues.
Speaker 3: I know, you don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: It's true, and you knew Alyssa was not a you know, a gambling problem, a violence problem, not a thief, not embezzling.
Speaker 3: You know, well that one, right, you don't know.
Speaker 1: But I think that most people don't ask false questions, and they do just fine. But it sure would be nice to know those questions. Yeah, yeah, I gotta give you a birthday shout out. Lauren has been listening since she was thirteen. She is now thirty three today. Happy Lauren, appreciate that one. And let us know, what would you do if you were on a date? Third date was some new person and they said, Hey, you know what we got to talk about? Do you want to talk about some of the serious issues?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Like what what.
Speaker 1: Religion are you? How important is that to you? How many kids do you want to have? How much money do you make? What would your reaction be. I'm going to guess before you answered any of them, you would agree to have.
Speaker 2: That conversation and you might not even ask them or answer them all. At the same time, maybe you have, you know, one conversation where all you're going to do is talk about the money once and then you'll have a different conversation on another day.
Speaker 3: Where all you talk about is the kids one.
Speaker 2: And I think too like talking it out because like some of these, like the kid questions that I talked about, I feel like I have an answer to those, but maybe talking it out with someone else would help clarify those answers for me, and then you kind of, you know, go back and forth and you can learn about your partner, but then also learn about yourself as well.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't see a problem with any of them. In my humble, I see a big problem with the whole process. And that's just me because I think dating is about discovering them, not it's like you're dating a bot, you know what I mean. It's like or an AI person. Oh, I want you to be all of these things. And what if they lie to you? What if you ask this guy, well, how much you have in your four O one K? I got one hundred fifty thousand dollars? Well that's pretty good. What if he is b R O O K E broke? Yeah, so and they's lying to you about it.
Speaker 3: He would be broke even if you didn't.
Speaker 2: Ask the question, though, but you would know it. Yeah, and you're okay with that. I mean someone texted in. Is your friend that asked these questions still with that person? Yes, she is, and they're like committed for now.
Speaker 3: I mean no, it's very interesting. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things we all want to know. It's like you want to ask the boss are you ever going to give me a raise? You want to know the answer, yes, but you're probably not going to get the answer right.
Speaker 2: But like why see what I mean though, like we've been told not to ask the questions that we really want the answers.
Speaker 5: To right and not morally. I mean, it's morally wrong, but it's not wrong. It's a legitimate question, Like why can't I know the answer to this question? Because like I will just live my life being like, well, I hope you know.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say.
Speaker 4: I think if you're uncomfortable asking these questions is because you're uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: What the answer is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would be so fine being asked any single one of those questions because I'm very comfortable with where my life is at this point. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I disagree with that though, only like with the Rays example, Like the only reason I'm not afraid to find out the answer, it's just people have been you know. The notion is that you're not supposed to ask a boss about a raise or certain things like.
Speaker 2: That, Or you're not supposed to ask your partner about how much they have in their four oh one K if they have a four oh one K, you're not supposed to do that, Well.
Speaker 3: Why not, because it's personal information.
Speaker 1: I don't It's like, if you're going to be my friend, now, that's not a good example because I'm not relying on you for anything.
Speaker 3: You're just my friend. I don't care how much you have in your four oh one.
Speaker 2: K, but you are relying on your partner to be true, you know, there for you.
Speaker 1: And I think you gather those things and that's part of the process of falling in love because if on date number two they don't check the boxes, you're eliminating them from a potential wonderful romance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I don't want to have to teach them how to contribute to a four oh one K at this point in my life. That means that that is my answer, Like, I'm not going to fall in love with that person because they are not doing the things that I think are important at this point in life.
Speaker 3: Even if they're a great person and check every other wild.
Speaker 4: Yes, absolutely, I'm never going to be with someone who would ever need to rely on me for any kind of financial help. That's just like how I am. And other people might disagree with that, but that's how I am.
Speaker 3: With that said, I would love an assistant to do all of those things for me. That'd be great. What to do?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: Just like be in charge of my finances and make sure they're all in the right place. You should hire one.
Speaker 1: I should, but you can't afford, nope, to handle finances that you no longer have because you hired an assistant.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Really, wrap it up the Dave Ryan Show with some dirt. And when we say dirt, we mean like showbiz things and this is like not a fun showbiz story. Savannah Guthrie's mother still missing. No suspects, no leads, no information that at least they're revealing. She was on TV last night basically pleading with the people who took her to please contact us. What a horrific moment in your life where you're saying please to the people who took your mother to please contact us.
Speaker 3: Horrible, couldn't even imagine.
Speaker 4: I'm excited for tomorrow morning because Taylor Swift releases Opa Light as the second single from her The Life of a Showgirl album, and the music video will drop at eight AM, which I am stoked about because I love her music videos and the last one everyone did the trendy and dance to the favor of Ophelia, so I feel like there's going to be another one from this one. But Opa Light was my favorite song when I first listened to that album.
Speaker 5: So, and it's only dropping on Spotify and Apple Music and I read YouTube it drops on Sunday, but I read somewhares because they're not counting YouTube streams on the charts anymore.
Speaker 3: So that's why she's like, oh, these interesting. That is interesting. I don't know if that's the reason, but it's a good theory.
Speaker 2: The Winter Olympics are here and there are new measures in place the Winter Olympics. After a crotch and larging scandal rock the ski jumping world at the twenty twenty five World Championship, the Norwegian team got caught adding extra fabric to the suits worn by their top two male athletes, which created more surface area so the athletes could catch more air, glide longer and farther, and add several more feet to each jump. So the Olympics says, like, no, dog, you're not going to do that, So they made tamper proof microchips in each suit and three D scanning technology to be used to measure the space between their legs so that they won't do that.
Speaker 1: They're also not allowed to flap anymore. So they were you know, they jump and they yeah, they would flat. Yeah, they're not allowed to do that anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: A bomber slew of new Super Bowl commercials that have come out. George Clooney did one for grub Hub, just Jason Kelce and David Blaine did one for YouTube TV. It's just so crazy that we're talking about this Before the super Bowl. Part of the hype was to sit there and watch them during halftime.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I refuse to read what all of them are about. I don't want to either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some of them like will pop up on my feet and I'll be like, well, I guess I'm watching this one now. But I want to see them when they air. That's when I want to see him, because, honestly, that's what I watched the Super Bowl for halftime show with the commercials.
Speaker 1: And the best commercials usually air in the first quarter of the Super Bowl, and by the time you get to the third quarter and one team is usually blowing out the other team, people aren't watching like they were, so that's when you get the one for like, you know, like some lame insurance company or something like that.
Speaker 3: Hope it's not a blowout though.
Speaker 2: I hope it's at least like they get a little bit, then they get a little bit.
Speaker 3: Well, that would be a good idea. Yeah, a good game.
Speaker 1: I think the Seahawks are favored. One of the players and the Seahawks went to school here in town. Really yeah, somebody texted me a little while ago. Metropolitan Center. No, no, they went to east Ridge and Woodbury east Ridge.
Speaker 3: His name is ty Ocata. They've got a great speech team at east Ridge. That's great ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and he graduated I don't know, probably five is.
Speaker 3: Years ago, twenty seventeen. And yeah, so, uh, Kyle, no time. I'm sorry. Ty Okata plays for the Seahawks. That's cool.
Speaker 1: All right, that's it. We're done. We are so done. You in done. Have a great day. We'll see you tomorrow on kd w B.