Speaker 1: It's one on one point three.
Speaker 2: Kt w B.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to let you know I got wordl in four today, I got connections in no wrong guesses, and I haven't gotten to strands yet, so it's been a pretty good morning so far. And let you know about that.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Well, I keep telling you that you should do Spottle, which is just like a knowing things about musical artists kind of wordles sort.
Speaker 3: Of thing you should and I keep forgetting yes.
Speaker 4: And then I found another one called bandle bandle, where they give you like the drums first of a song, and then you can see if you can guess the song. And then they give you like an organ, and then you can see if you can guess the song.
Speaker 3: And then like that bass fun, and.
Speaker 1: Then they can see if you can guess the song.
Speaker 3: Oh that'd be fun. Are you serious? I'm gonna look it up right now.
Speaker 4: Bottle and bandle in dtail that you should add to your little rock scandal to one I like.
Speaker 1: It's called sudoku.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's it about.
Speaker 1: There's a bunch of numbers, a bunch of different boxes.
Speaker 2: You can't have the same number in the same box, or else you lose yeah, it's pretty great.
Speaker 1: I never understood read game. Oh I am so good at it.
Speaker 3: I'm not good with numbers. Okay, here's bandal so this is going to give me the drums and bass part first.
Speaker 1: Apparently drums first. Yeah, well that's drums and can you guess it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, so then you can skip that one. The next one it.
Speaker 3: Adds on Okay, so I can do synth. Yeah, okay, let's see synth.
Speaker 1: Let me yeah, try it out. Oh I know it.
Speaker 3: Oh, it doesn't seem to I don't know how to make it. Play the synth.
Speaker 1: I know how to do it. I think I know it from that first part.
Speaker 3: Go ahead and guess what do you think it is?
Speaker 1: Well, I can't think of the name of though. That's the problem. Or you don't know it. Okay, so then you hit skip and then it adds synth. That doesn't help.
Speaker 3: This is it's not it's not fast enough.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we don't know it yet. No, okay, well skip Now it'll be with the brass. Ensemble sounds the same. I know what it is, I do, I do know what it?
Speaker 1: Okay, what is it? Oh?
Speaker 3: Wait, there's the brass.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to say it isn't it? Rumor has it?
Speaker 4: Oh, let's find out rumor. I'm typing it out? Rumor has it?
Speaker 1: Adele? Did it work?
Speaker 5: Did it go?
Speaker 3: We're playing a game called Bandle, which is kind of like wordle, kind of Bailey discovered this. I never heard of it before, but it's I mean, this is a great radio game. It is. We'll never have to work on the show again. We'll just play Bandle all morning.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it works or not, because I don't know how to use this phone.
Speaker 2: We'll listen to the beginning again and then think of rumor, has it?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: Add some more stuff to it, adds more layers?
Speaker 1: Well, then do are we sure we want to do that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: I don't care. I don't care whether we get a ride or not. I just want to play around with it.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, all right, right, all right? So then skip, we'll add the voice cover.
Speaker 7: Like me.
Speaker 1: Don't you freak like me? Because it's not reminded from the horn. And I was like, what is that called?
Speaker 4: Don't shut here we go pussy cat dolls? Don't you got it?
Speaker 1: Boom?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 1: Anyway, that's Bandle.
Speaker 3: That's a cool game. Brik this down. We're gonna play this every day on the show. I don't know the legality of stealing their content. That people have been stealing our content forever, so I don't care. Here's the song.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, here is okay?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are we about to get into the little hottest sweating in.
Speaker 3: Ladies.
Speaker 1: Let's know that drum beat makes sense?
Speaker 3: Now let's go back and can we just listen to the drum beat here?
Speaker 1: So I'm not sure if you can just let me.
Speaker 3: Just see if we can here.
Speaker 1: Oh no, but I mean.
Speaker 3: That drum beat is so common that is that that could be millions of different songs. Write that down, Jenny, We're gonna play. We're gonna play that more often, Vandal. Thank you, Bailey, you finally earn your keep. It's been two and a half, almost three, almost a year and a half. You finally were worth the higher. Thank you very much. I got a birthday shout out a good dude. It's very important. It's a big one five the big fifteenth birthday today, Vanessa, Happy fifteen birthday. Hope you have a great day. Pass all your finals, kick A and Florida this week in soccer, and have an unforgettable year ahead. Mom, Dad and the family love you so much, so shout out Vanessa. Share birthday with Zay, who is thirty three years old today, and today is National Clean off your Desk Day and it's also kiss a Ginger Day today, so you know, little Carson, my body Carson, he's a ginger. No, he's back in la Okay. As Harry about that. There, there's a big discussion and we're not we're not sure we even agree on this one. But this song came up the other day and we said, well, wait a second, what are they actually saying in there? And what song are we talking about? We're talking about this yeah, And we said, well, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 9: Walked to and say, yeah, can you guess what song I'm singing. I just said yeah, and you were like no, and I was like it's Pony And you all looked at me like I was crazy. You were like, that's not what they're saying.
Speaker 3: No, I agree with you. To me, it does say yeah, But I've never really thought that much about it.
Speaker 1: I think it sounds like, you know, a musical verb. It's not like a like a word.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Why why why?
Speaker 9: It says he's saying yeah, well of course he is stop it and then started over so we can or just him not because there's like a wah kind of with it, a wah and what.
Speaker 1: Is not in yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get an idea pipe it so we can listen to it again.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm listening yeh see yeah yeah, no, there's.
Speaker 3: A by.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: So this is like mid nineties technology you used to be able to. I mean, was it was new you could say a word into a synth and then play it as a note on a keyboard. So obviously he was like, you know, said the word yeah, and then he went way down to the far left side of the keyboard and played it with you know the lower tones don't.
Speaker 1: Look don't know no wow.
Speaker 9: Wow yeah yeah, And that's what you say when you're usually getting it on like the song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'd be cool if we had a keyboard in here and we could do that.
Speaker 9: It's kind of like that thing that Bruno Mars has in twenty four K Magic right where he's that thing.
Speaker 4: Right, that's one of those things that's auto tune.
Speaker 3: I think that's auto tune.
Speaker 9: I thought that was one of that you put it in your mouth kind of like a kazoo and you're playing the keys while talking.
Speaker 3: Actually, because that actually makes a sound into your mouth, and then you shape the words with the sound that's put in your mouth.
Speaker 1: I already got text messages coming in at five thirty nine to two.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 1: Let's say, definitely saying yeah.
Speaker 3: I think so, yeah, Jenny or UFFI quiet on this one.
Speaker 2: No, I just I don't have I was researching if there are actual lyrics to it and if they say anything before it jumps in with I'm just a batcheler and nothing says anything, and then I also want to like the karaoke versions of the song on YouTube, and it doesn't say anything until it hits I'm just a bachelor.
Speaker 1: Well, here's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna play it on YouTube and you could there's a feature on YouTube you could slow down the song, So give me a second slow down.
Speaker 3: Do we want to slow it down.
Speaker 9: To enunciate if he's saying wow, yeah, uh.
Speaker 1: This is the music video that's awful.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, can you speed it up? Because they will be like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, can you speed it up more than that?
Speaker 9: After that, it goes to the regular okay.
Speaker 3: Text message somebody said, actually it is a burp. Timbaland produced it and said, it's a burp.
Speaker 1: Why would you put a a song about love making? It's a music burp. That's why there's a button that's disgusting. Other songs have musical burps in them. You don't know. I'm asking because why why is that a thing? Musical bur Right?
Speaker 3: We got to take a break. You guys continue to debate this off the air. We'll come back in a moment. What is coming up on the show? There's his says Penny it. What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Well, we were going to talk about something I experienced this weekend for this.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's true. This is a cultural shift that Jenny experienced for the first time. But we'll talk about that. Also, giving away Conan Gray tickets coming up in a second stay right here, Wild tickets. Also on the way coming back one hour commercial for uh this is how High? Hey, it's Kati He would you be on the Dave Ryan Show. Bless you. Bailey's back from a fabulous weekend. We've been moving all weekend and I want to tell you, I mean, just the stuff that I've been Can I tell you the one of the hardest things to throw away was a high chair that my dad made back in the fifties for my sisters. All of us kids used this wooden high chair. He made it himself. I've used it with Carson a little bit with the young girls, Allison's girls a little bit, just to say we did. But it's unsafe. It's not. It's it's not till the rickety. It was not. It's kind of like when parents used to carry a baby in their arms in the car. It's that era, Like there's no safety features in this high chair at all. And so Susan's like, well, you got to throw it away. We're never going to use it. It's kind of rickety. And so I threw it in the We got a bagster and I threw it away. Actually I had, oh you know what the bagster is me, and it's like it's like, that's good questions. It's a kind of like a rented dumpster. So you go down to the Ace hardware store and you buy this bag. It's a giant bag. You unfold it. It's the size of a pool table or bigger, and it's about two feet high and you throw crap in there. They come by and then they pick it up with a crane and they take it to the landfill because if there's not there's there's not enough stuff in landfills. And my and it's a landfill, so it's our job to fill it again, exactly right. So so I threw it I had I couldn't do it. I couldn't throw my dad's old seventy year old high chair into the bagster. So I had Susan do it. But it's sad No I had Susan do it. I couldn't do it, And then I would walk by it throwing other things in. There's like by high chair you served us.
Speaker 4: Well, I feel like you have a little booth at a like an antique shop with all the crap that you've been finding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say, you need to start documenting some of this stuff and posting it because it's interesting.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you I found so many things. One of them was a game that I found that I made in the nineteen nineties, and it was a game that I invented where you would draw a card and the card would have a picture of a head on it, and then you would reach into a bag that had like a sealed entry way, so you couldn't peek in it, and you had to feel for the head that was shaped that way, that had this hat or this nose or these ears. And I built it with like little wood projects and photos and it was like a cool little prototype, but I didn't know how to manufacture or market a board A game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's it called? I don't want to play that game?
Speaker 3: Right, So I threw it away and there's a picture of it, and Susan's like, that's adorable. Don't throw that away. I'm like, what am I going to do with it? I'm going to give you one piece of advice if you have something, because we run across things that were like this meant something to somebody, but we don't know why. Like there's an old rolltop desk and this is my last story and one to Boria. An old rolltop desk I had my dad had since I was a baby, and inside it were keepsakes of his and some was like a fork and a knife and a spoon that you could tell was very old, very very old. It might have been brought to Montana in a covered wagon when he was a kid. I don't know, but because I didn't know. I threw it away because if you don't know the story behind something, it doesn't mean anything to you. So my thing is, if you are a mom or a dad and you have an heirloom and you want your kids to know what it is, label it or tell them the story like, oh, this sugar bowl was from your grandma Ernestine, and Ernestine brought this on a covered wagon over the Oregon Trail. Because if you don't tell them, they'll look at this sugar bowl when you're dead and they'll be like, I know it, Man's something, but I don't know the story. Pitching the trash right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, someone texted in saying, man, oh man, Dave, I wish your stories on Instagram. You should put this on your stories on Instagram. More things that you found, like antiques and the high chair, because those would be really cool to see.
Speaker 9: Jenny good idea. Do you still have a lot of stuff or did you throw out the bulk? Like could you still start the series?
Speaker 3: Not really, No, we threw and we were merciless. Im merciless.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, but at the same.
Speaker 3: Time it felt good to get rid of some of the stuff.
Speaker 2: Sure, well, it's the big bag still sitting out in front of your house. It is get out there.
Speaker 3: Today, fish the high chair out of the bag.
Speaker 1: So if you don't want to have Susan do it.
Speaker 3: Good idea. All right. Jenny ran into something this weekend that I think we're all going to win counter eventually.
Speaker 2: So we talked about how the penny was going away like a handful of months ago, and I actually experienced it at Starbucks the other day because my total was like seven or three. I was paying in cash, and so she had to give me ninety seven cents back. And as she's going through the changes, you go, oh, actually we don't do pennies anymore. So here you go, here's like a dollar back. And I was like, wow, actually you know what, she gave me ninety five cents back. She give me a dollar, which was fine. But I also realized now that I think about it, that the other day something else I had was like six oh two and they gave me just a dollar back total. And so I think a lot of people, cashiers and stuff don't have the penny anymore because we're getting rid of it, which is how it's like in a lot of countries, like if you go to different countries they just have it more even numbers. They don't deal with something as small as a penny difference. But I just thought that that was so interesting because it's something we obviously had our entire life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now we do not have pennies.
Speaker 9: Do you think that they're going to start changing cash registers instead of saying like six oh three or four oh seven to just round, because that's hard for if you you know, you ever worked with the cash which just there are like retail, that's gonna be hard for the two when they have to count the money at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: That's what I was thinking too, because my Pigley Wiggly registered needed to be on every day or I'd get in trouble. So now I'm like, how are they gonna deal with that in places like that, like a I feel like a coffee has a little bit different, but a grocery store, that's kind of surprising to me.
Speaker 4: I wonder if they keep pennies, like if they have you know, like one hundred pennies just like behind the counter to even out at the end of the night, but that they don't like entertain it with customers, you know, like they don't include it with customers. Yeah, maybe, but they have it so that they can balance the register.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you think about billions of transactions a day with pennies not included, there's going to be money gained or money lost or is it all a wash in the end if you're rounding up and rounding down, and businesses will always round up, don't you think. I mean if you if you go to you know, cub and you buy butter for three dollars and ninety seven cents, it's going to be rounded up, don't you think, Yeah, you have to. I think in business they always round up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, I don't Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean someone said that where they went, they always round down.
Speaker 1: I experienced this month ago.
Speaker 2: My first thought was that they need to start changing the prices to reflect that.
Speaker 1: That is true.
Speaker 2: It's like we should just be having even prices then, so that people don't start you know, there's gonna be peopleball out there arguing over a few pennies, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: So just to negate all of that for the employees and the customers, just make the money, make the prices even, hmmm, so.
Speaker 3: Nothing would be three dollars in ninety seven cents. Anymore, it would be four dollars.
Speaker 1: Correct or three dollars in ninety five cents, depending.
Speaker 3: On Okay, exactly right, Yeah, okay, interesting to see how it all shakes out. But yeah, the penny is going away. What do you do? I mean, you still have pennies in a big jar, a big bucket under your you know, in your closet or whatever.
Speaker 9: Remember the penny machine, No, that you would go When I was a kid, you would keep a bunch of coins and then one day you'd go to a penny machine. They used to have them at banks. Now I think they'd have them in like a cub where you drop all the money in I believe, so, yeah.
Speaker 1: Count it and give it to you in cash.
Speaker 4: One time I did that though, I had like the giantess jar full of coins, threw it into that thing and it gave me like four dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah you kidding me. I don't think of Wells Fargo. You used to be able to take like, you know, if you had like a can of coins or whatever, you take it down to Wells Fargo and they would accept it and give you cash for it. They don't do that anymore. I'm almost positive Wells Fargo does not do that anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, it's like a coinster coin coinstar there.
Speaker 4: I think you have to pay like the coin star. It will be like we're going to charge you a dollar for doing this. Okay, well, I mean okay, sure, four dollars. They're providing a service, so they're gonna make some money. Yeah, all right, let's do Dave's Dirt on KDWB. Cover the Golden Globes and some other things.
Speaker 2: Give away some tickets before we get into dirt. Yeah, we've got Conin Gray tickets.
Speaker 3: Conan Gray Target Center February nineteenth. And you want another way to win, go to the contest page KDWB dot com slash contests and you can enter there. Little secret tip nobody entered the tholes online, so go you have a much better chance to listen online to put it online katiewdb dot com slash contest. But you can call in now. We'll grab an enthusiastic caller, not caller number ten, because caller number ten might not know Conan. Conan Gray is still kind of like up and coming, so there'll be some people. I don't know who that is.
Speaker 9: No, he's so cool though. He just did our jingle Ball. This is the first stop on his tour, so I know a lot of people are like so excited. And he's really good friends with the Livia Rodrigo. So pop stars are friends with pop stars. You know, they know how to make good music. Call if you want to go and we'll set you up. Six five one nine kd W B Royan Show one on one point three kd WB Golden Gloves were on last night.
Speaker 3: I did not watch any of I've watched the first part with Nicky Glazer. Uh So here's a little clip of Nicki Glazer and some of her monologue. This is one of my favorite jokes about Kevin Hart and The Rock Here we go, Kevin Hart.
Speaker 10: Is here The Rocks plus one half love you Kevin. Kevin is obviously nominated for his hilarious stand up special tonight.
Speaker 5: I love you so much, Kevin.
Speaker 10: You're so funny and you and the Rock together are like my favorite comedy duo. I just you're like a Steve Martin and Martin short but for like people under fifty IQ, you know what I mean, Like IQ too, Jumang next level was it.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, gosh, hearing that audio playback, I feel like they added in a more laughter, because when I watched it live, it did not.
Speaker 1: Feel like that.
Speaker 3: But they call it sweetening because celebrities are jaded and burnout and they don't laugh. They don't laugh, but they want to make it sound. It's like watching a sitcom with a laugh track, or Saturday Night Live is the worst. If you listen to the laughter on Saturday Night Live. They have been using the same canned laughter since the seventies. Every laugh sounds just about the same.
Speaker 1: And I love that guy that goes ooo. That's my favorite guy.
Speaker 2: CBS Mornings Go anchor Gail King had been rumored to be leaving the network at the end of her contract, which is coming up in May, but instead she's staying on after.
Speaker 1: Agreeing a fifty percent pay cut.
Speaker 2: Now she is making ten million dollars a year, but that is now five million for her.
Speaker 1: Which is I mean, that's quite a jump.
Speaker 2: But she must love her job enough to take that pig of a pay cut.
Speaker 3: Holy still five million dollars though, I mean, where else is Gael King going to go to make five million dollars?
Speaker 1: That's crazy though.
Speaker 4: Also on the Golden Globes, it was the first time that they have given the award for Best Podcast, and Amy Poehler won for good Hang and I would just like to put it out there for the Golden Globes for next year. The Minnesota Goodbye is a really great podcast that you can listen to, starring the folks that are on this show. It's after the show podcast where we can really say whatever we want that we don't get two on the show, and you should listen to at the Minnesota Goodbye.
Speaker 2: It's on the iHeartRadio app acceptance speech was pretty funny because she was like, man, they're like they don't always get it right, but when they get it right, it's good.
Speaker 1: Like she actually won.
Speaker 2: Yeah Like she was honestly one of the funniest of all the acceptance speeches.
Speaker 3: There was a clip and I wish we had it. Mcaulay Culkin, who had not been to the Golden Globes in thirty five years. I do have this, Do you have it? Ok now? Ok?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 5: Thanks guys, it's been thirty five years since I've been to the Globes.
Speaker 1: Thanks for welcoming back.
Speaker 5: That's really nice seeing you guys, all right, onto the script. I know it's weird to see me outside the holiday season, but I shockingly, I do exist all year round, I promise you. Tonight, I'm here to present the award for Best Screenplay Motion Picture, which actually makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I've been reading screenplays basically since I learned to read, so.
Speaker 1: A good script is the basis of it all.
Speaker 5: None of us would be here tonight without the ideas the writer's craft on the page. Here's for Best Screenplay Motion Picture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so iconic McCauley.
Speaker 3: That is cool. And you got to figure that everybody there loves mccaullay culkin because it's he's been a part of everybody's life since nineteen ninety.
Speaker 1: It's America's sweethearts.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean yeah, when Home Alone first came out, And it's kind of a shame that his career never really, you know, blew up. But that's what happens with a lot of child stars.
Speaker 1: Isn't it crazy.
Speaker 9: He's married to Brenda Song the Grand Play London Tipton, I know, I know, sweet Life azacting, Cody Nuts, Dolly Parton's getting ready to turn eighty, but she unfortunately cannot attend her own birthday party.
Speaker 11: Well, hey, that Grand Old Opry family, I just wanted to say how much it means to me that you're all coming together again this year to celebrate my big old birthday with some of my songs. Some of my favorite memories happened right here on stage at the Grand Old Opery, and I wish I could be there in person, but I'll be sending you all my love for sure, so you have the best not.
Speaker 1: Ever, So no real reason, but I hope she's doing okay.
Speaker 3: I watched the Priscilla Presley movie on Netflix. It was like number one or number two over the weekend on Netflix, and it was really good. The reason I'm bringing this up there's a Dolly parton tie and I'll get to it in a second. But Elvis was a jerk?
Speaker 1: Is that the one where Jacob Elordi plays Elvis?
Speaker 3: I think so, I think so, Yeah, I think so yeah, And he's in it's authorized by Priscilla Presley herself. Yeah, so you know that it's like probably pretty.
Speaker 1: Accurate from her point of view, only true.
Speaker 3: But he was, if there's any truth to it, he was a controlling a hole, not a nice person to Priscilla at all, and he would run off to do movies with like Anne Margaret or whatever, and he would be sleeping with Anne Margaret. And then Priscilla was back home all by herself in Graceland at the mansion, and she wasn't allowed to have any friends over because you know, we don't let filth in the mansion. So at the end, she leaves him, and as she leaves him, they played the Dolly Parton version of I Will Always Love You, And I haven't heard that song from her in years, and it's just such a different vibe than the Whitney Houston one, which is more majestic, right, and not as sentimental.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do like the Dolly Parton version one. I think that one's lovely.
Speaker 3: It is, it's like it's sad, whereas you listen to the Whitney Houston one, it's majestic and beautiful, but it's not emotional. Does that make sense.
Speaker 4: It's definitely a different a different message almost both of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, Yeah, that is the dirt on kdble Ub Winter Wild tickets coming up. I'm only here for the Wild tickets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna give those away. In like five ish minutes. But would you have someone on the phone that we need to talk to first?
Speaker 3: Oh god, what now? No, I'm kidding. Who's on the phone?
Speaker 1: We got Hillary is on the phone with something that she's dealing with with her love.
Speaker 3: Oh oh I've heard about this. Hi Hillary? Oh sorry, keep you waiting. What's what's going on? Tell me the story with Yon new with your new man.
Speaker 6: Okay, here goes. I've been dating this guy and he called me from the toilet like every other day.
Speaker 1: Okay, he doesn't even mention it.
Speaker 6: It's not like a joke or anything.
Speaker 3: He's on Now I want to make sure I understand this. He's on face time on the toilet. So not just a phone call, because you wouldn't know, right, but if he's on face time on the toilet, you look in the background and you see that, I don't know the toilet tank. So he's on face time calling you from the toilet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, that is exactly the deal. The first time he did it, I asked, I asked him, are you on the toilet? And then he was just like oh yeah, and then like there was a little grunge and then he just kept talking like everything was.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh my gosh, like it's no big deal.
Speaker 4: That's an interesting like correlation where he's like, well, okay, it's potty time. So now I'm gonna call my girlfriend because I'm sitting down and thinking about it.
Speaker 1: So I guess I'll call her right now every day.
Speaker 3: Well, wouldn't you. I mean, I wouldn't even take a regular phone call. If I was on the toilet and Bailey called, I'd be like, mm, she can wait five minutes. Yeah, you know, just would not much less initiate a face time call.
Speaker 1: And I guess if it was like if Susan.
Speaker 3: Called me and I was on the toilet, I would answer just to be funny, because that's a that's a funny bit. That's comedy. It's a funny bit. Are you on the toilet? Yeah, that's but you're still in the impression, the phase where you're trying to impress each other, and this is not impressive.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's not even technically my boyfriend yet, and he clearly does not think it's sounding of a deal. While I would never that is disgusting and very personal and like, I just don't need to hear the plot.
Speaker 3: During that moment, so so what do you I mean, are you are you just venting? Or do you want advice? Because I don't even know what to tell you except to say, can you not?
Speaker 12: Should I just ask?
Speaker 6: Should I just ask him not to FaceTime me while I was on a toilet, like I don't want to vent him, like I guess I'm god he feels comfortable with me.
Speaker 1: But should I just tell him.
Speaker 4: Not to gosh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of those guys that has no boundaries. He's going to stand too close to you. He's going to breathe bad breath on you. He's going to fart in your presence in the car and go, well, it's natural. What am I supposed to do? Hold it in?
Speaker 1: Going to walk around nude? And you're gonna be like, context, this isn't it, This isn't now. I think I've said this before.
Speaker 9: I'll pick up a phone call on the toilet, But you gotta be quick with that mute button, like whenever you.
Speaker 1: Got to do a little pushing. Okay, but face time, like why are you trying so hard?
Speaker 3: Other than that, do you like the guy?
Speaker 6: I mean, he's really cute and he's he's great, his great hair, I do great hair.
Speaker 3: Just ask him. I mean simple as that. If he is a good guy and respectful of you and your wishes, then just be like, you know, what, can you do me a favor? Robert whatever his name is? Can you not and maybe make it funny? Can you not facetimeing from the toilet because I don't want to see you pooping? No, I don't want to see you that. I want nothing to do with that. Can you just get done, wash your hands and then face time the mystery alive and Robert keep the mystery alive? Robert and kind keep it kind of funny. I think if you approach it funny, then Robert will be okay. And if he doesn't, then you've learned something about Robert.
Speaker 5: True.
Speaker 1: Next time he facetimes, you don't answer and then text like are you on the toilet? Finish?
Speaker 3: And then yeah, all right, love your phone calls. Thank you Hillary. If you have something weird going on, of course we want to hear about it because we love that stuff. Send an email to Ryan Show at KDWB dot com. Wait a second, do we have wild tickets stands away right now? Wild tickets? All right, let's do it. How's the game gonna work with the girl, Jenny.
Speaker 2: We are or we I am going to tell a very intricate and detailed story. You need to listen to this full story, and then I'm going to ask one question from it and if you get it right, you're winning the tickets.
Speaker 3: Okay, tickets for Winnipeg Jets and the Wild Thursday at Grand Casino Arena. So the Jets, not the game tonight versus the Devils. You're going to the game tonight, vunt? Aren't you?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 1: I am versus the Devils. I'm going on Thursday?
Speaker 3: Are you really?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 1: Wow. Also, you before you call, you have to hear the story. Yes, do not call, just hold a lot.
Speaker 2: If you're calling right now, you need to hang up and you need to listen to this story because it spent.
Speaker 1: A lot of time on it. Okay, all right, here we go.
Speaker 2: Bailey j Hess was having a regular day when she opened her email afternoon and saw she was invited to be a seat filler at the Golden Globes Saturday morning. She hopped on a ten point fifteen flight to the lax. A driver named Callaway picked her up from the airport and in the backseat he offered an array of goodies nerds, gummy clusters, peanut butter, aminets, pickle flavored chips, water, and pample moose lacroix.
Speaker 1: Bailey had one of each.
Speaker 2: He dropped her off at the Beverly Hilton, where Bailey found herself living it up by doing what you do in all hotel rooms, jumping down the bed in your underwear. She spent the day taking in all the wonderful amenities, the pool, the spa, the hot bartender that served a stiff botkatonic, and then the day had arrived, Bailey spent four hours getting ready in her hotel room. She took one last look in the mirror and said, paart, why cause I gotta And then she walked her little happy button to the Golden Globe. She arrived at three point thirty pm in her gorgeous pink and red polka dot gown with dramatic sleeves, and she walked into the ballroom. As she walked into the ballroom, she accidentally bumped into Michael B.
Speaker 1: Jordan.
Speaker 2: Apologized to him immediately, but he said no need to apologize. Then he took a step away and turned around and said, nice dress. It would look better on my floor and then disappeared, disappeared into the sea of celebrities. Bailey spent the rest of the night replaying that moment in her head and didn't even care when she had to fill a seat next to Martin Short because she was to focus on planning her future wedding with Michael B.
Speaker 1: Jordan and the rest of the night was a blur.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: I will ask a test question right now to you guys.
Speaker 1: Got it, David? What was the driver's name? That is correct? Bailey?
Speaker 7: Name?
Speaker 1: One of the snacks you ate in the back of his car?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: The pample Moose?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: The drink. Pample Moose is the flavor. I'll give it to youse lcro And all right.
Speaker 2: The question that you need to be able to answer right now in order to win the tickets is I need to know what was the color of Bailey's gown?
Speaker 1: Okay, the color I think I got.
Speaker 2: It is a very Bailey like material. But what is the color? I need the color of it in order to get it correct.
Speaker 3: And you got to call with the answer six five one? Is that the answer?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: Oh? I wrote it down.
Speaker 2: Half of it right. Two colors. I'll give you that much. There's two colors and you had half of it?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: Okay, call if you got the director because it was my fantasy and brain were on cameras.
Speaker 3: All right, you guys one, all right, let me grab some phones here. Hello, Katie w B Hi, I turn your radio down. What's your name? Okay? Alyssa, Alyssa, yep? What color?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 3: Two colors? Was Bailey's gown at this fantasy Golden Globe.
Speaker 13: Ceremony, Red and shame?
Speaker 1: That is correct?
Speaker 3: Wow, give her another one to see how she did.
Speaker 2: Let's see what a time was Bailey's flight when she left on Saturday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, job. You see.
Speaker 4: You would say like, oh, it's kind of easy, but like every turn there'd be more to the story, and then there'd be more to the story.
Speaker 1: And I thought, oh, I'm never gonna remember all this stuff?
Speaker 3: Is Bailey? Who is Bailey planning her wedding to?
Speaker 1: I can't wait for it?
Speaker 3: Bailey did what in her underpants in the hotel room? Alyssa, You're amazing. Congratulations, enjoy the Wild and the Jets game coming up on Thursday. Thank you, you're welcome. Well, tickets for that all this week and maybe even another pair later on this morning. I'm still working on that, still trying to pull some strings. It is, KATIEB. I injured myself two weeks ago when I was carrying boxes and tripped over other boxes, landed on my left pinky finger and ring finger and bent it out of shape so bad. The pinky finger was like horribly mangled. And I pulled and I twisted and squeezed it and I felt it slide back into shape. It still hurts to this day. I went to Twin Cities ORTHOPEDICX the other day. Doctor Moser shout out. He said, it's fine, he said, rub some dirt on it and you'll be just fine. But Jenny also accident prone.
Speaker 1: So stupid.
Speaker 2: So I was going into my basement and there's not a light switch at the top of the stairs. It's only at the bottom, so the light to go into the basement doesn't get turned on until you're in the basement. So I'm mosying down there. All of a sudden, my foot hits something, I fly up into the air. My butt hits the last three stairs. Oh, and I slide down the last three and I land so hard on my arm. And I would like you guys to look at this bruise on.
Speaker 1: My arm right here.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's nay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, So I got not only rug burn from sliding down the stairs, but the biggest bruise on my fore arm.
Speaker 3: Here's what it looks like. It's the size of the head of a golf club driver. Yeah, that's how big it is. If you take a golf club driver in part of the shaft, that's what it looks like on your arm.
Speaker 1: It looks like the milky way. Oh. In my shock, I'm like, what the hell just happened.
Speaker 2: It's because the person I'm seeing just got me this like intense foam roller and I've thrown it down the stairs because that's where all my weights and.
Speaker 1: Stuff are and I totally forgot about that. But it landed on one of the final stairs.
Speaker 2: So as I'm hitting one of the last stairs, I hit the phone roller instead.
Speaker 1: No, just go up in the air. I land on my butt and then my arm hits the rest of the stairs going down.
Speaker 2: But it is super swollen. It's really bruised, and yeah, it's bad. I'm honestly shocked it didn't get worse. It might still get worse, I know it might, but yeah, so that was like the dumbest injury I've done in a while, because I mean, it wasn't It wasn't like I was paying attention.
Speaker 3: But so here's what I want to hear. I want to hear your story. We're gonna get play a game called er or not. You tell us what you did, and we're gonna guess whether you went to the er for it or not. Jenny did not go to this. I did not go to the er for mine. But let me hear your story about I don't know. You were sledding and you got to the bottom of the hill and you hit a tree and you busted your lip wide open. It was pouring blood all over the snow. Did you go to the er or not. We'll listen to your story and we'll guess, and if we guess incorrectly, there'll be a little something extra in your paycheck this week. It is a little prize for you. Can't tell you what it is, but hope you know I'm kidding. We have no control over your paycheck whatsoever. Six five, one, nine, eight nine, k eb tell us your er story and we'll guess your injury story, and we'll guess whether you went to the emergency room or not? Bailey, have you ever been at the emergency room?
Speaker 4: I have, indeed, because one time I did walk into one of my hand weights that was just sitting on the floor and I walked right into it and broke a bone. Not just a toe because I've broken toes before, but broke a bone in my foot. And I thought, this hurts more than breaking toes because I've broken four toes in my life.
Speaker 1: And no, it was my foot. So I did go to the r for that one.
Speaker 3: Okay, what did you do a woman like.
Speaker 1: I walked into a weight?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Were you working out?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: No, I wasn't all right? What's your story? Call me six y five one nine eight nine KDWB. If you somebody says post a photo of Jenny's Bruce, did you put one online?
Speaker 2: I can, I do, But that was actually before it like developed more so, there is one on my blog on Dave ryanshow dot com if you want to see it.
Speaker 1: But I can post one on my story and on the Dave Ryan story. So yeah, see what it looks like. It looks pretty gnarly.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me grab a phone call here. We'll just go play for fun. Let's see what we got here at sixty five one kwb er or not? Katelyn, Hi, Kitlyn, good morning. Tell me your story. We'll guess whether you went to the emergency room or not.
Speaker 12: So I was along the lines of Jenny's. But I was at the top of my stairs and not one hundred percent sure what happened. But I was at the top one second, and the next second I was completely at the bottom on the landing and crawling my way back up the stairs.
Speaker 3: After that, what did you heart?
Speaker 1: My butt?
Speaker 3: Your but I'm going to say, but I'm going to say, no emergency room visit. I'm going to say, now, just like an embarrassment, shame and a bruise? Did you go to the emergency room?
Speaker 12: I did because I could not stand Neil Stitch Paine and I was also I left this part.
Speaker 6: Out, but I was five and a half months pregnant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, thank you, Caitlin. Let's go to Emily. Emily, tell me your story. Well, guess whether you went to the emergency room. I am Hi.
Speaker 13: So when I was about two or three, me and my brother still took baths together, and when I was getting out of the bathtub, he pulled my leg and my chin hit the side.
Speaker 1: Of the bathtub.
Speaker 3: Oh, blood, bruise, teeth, knocked out anything.
Speaker 13: I don't know what you're telling me to give it away.
Speaker 1: I think she went to the e er.
Speaker 3: She's three, Yeah, I say she knocked out a couple of teeth and cut her lippulp and yeah, yeah, yeah, we're gonna say er er.
Speaker 12: I did go to the R.
Speaker 13: I actually got like ten stitches underneath my chin.
Speaker 1: Do you still remember that? Because it was so long ago, if you're only three, do you still remember that?
Speaker 13: I don't remember it, but I can see the scar underneath my chin from the incident.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, thank you very much. Let's go to Francisco. Tell me your story. We'll guess Francisco whether you went to the er or not.
Speaker 8: Yes, Hi, good morning everybody. So I used to work in a kitchen and we were prepping for the dinner rush, and we were all running back and forth between the line and the back of the prep cook And when I was coming through the door, the table got bumped where the knife were, and uh, the knife was gonna fall on somebody that was coming through. So I grabbed the knife and I grabbed it so hard that you can see my knuckle bone on one of my y.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna guess you just rubbed some dirt on it, wrapped the kitchen towel around it, and got on with your day. No, you went to the emergency room.
Speaker 8: Yes, you know what, Dave, you had it there the first time.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I just wrapped it in a bunch of paper towels, put tape around it, and I kept cooking.
Speaker 3: Wow, amazing, amazing, You're you're my hero. Did you later, did you wish that you got to the er, like it didn't quite heal right or anything?
Speaker 8: No, Unfortunately, anybody that's listening that's worked in a kitchen, you know that you get hurt, you get burns, you get cut, you just wrap it up and yep, open, stop bleeding, and you keep cooking.
Speaker 1: That's so true.
Speaker 2: My dad was a chef for like forty two years. He came home with injuries all the time, never went to the er.
Speaker 3: Really. Yeah, that's amazing. Wow, Francisco, thank you very much. Have a wonderful day. Let's do one more than we're gonna move on with our lives, or we get some time grace. We're playing an emergency room or not. It's a new board game available at Games by James. Tell me your story, Well, guess whether you went to the er Grace.
Speaker 7: When I was eleven years old, they worked at a horse ranch and the trainer that was teaching us how to ride the horses found an old bab gun that he did not know was loaded, and he kept pumping it up and he ate it at my foot and he shot and there was a bullet in it and went through the boot into my foot.
Speaker 1: Ooh gosh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you pumped those pump pump, pump, pump pum, and you can pump them up to like ten twelve times, and then it gets really hard to pump, so you can, you know you can, and then then you fire it at your friend's foot. I'm gonna say, yeah, you had to get that thing unimbedded from your foot. Emergency room, Bailey.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say emergency room as well, because that's a firearm, even though it's a b beat gun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, general emergency room, absolutely, Grace.
Speaker 7: Yes, I did go to the emergency room. But twist to the story, he was afraid to tell my parents and convinced me to say that I did it to myself. So he didn't tell them, and they did not remove the bullet because I was a child. My mom's tild it's no, just leave it in there.
Speaker 6: So it's still in there now, still in there now.
Speaker 7: Because it went into the bone perfectly and the bone grew around it.
Speaker 1: Cool but cool cool, like does it pick it up at TSA when you walk through ebb Uh.
Speaker 6: It hasn't had that be a problem.
Speaker 7: But when it gets cold, I can feel it, and I've gone into the doctor and they say they could cut the bone open and take it out, and I'm just too afraid.
Speaker 6: To do all that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's a great story. Wow, thank you, Grace. Have a good day. All right, one more, it's Amber emergency room or not Amber. Let's hear your story. We will guess then whether you went to the emergency room. High Amber.
Speaker 12: Hi, I'm okay.
Speaker 13: When I was about twelve years old or so, I was roller.
Speaker 7: Bleeding down the hill and I did an uneven part of the sidewalk and I fell and I knocked myself unconscious and I knocked out three teeth in.
Speaker 3: The front and yeah, okay, that's yeah, emergency room involving teeth and unconscious. I'm gonna say yes, you did go to the er, Jenny, how.
Speaker 2: Old did you say?
Speaker 6: You were?
Speaker 3: About twelve?
Speaker 2: No, I'm going to say no because well teeth, so yeah, I would say no. And you just went to the dentist eventually or whatever, orthodontist whoever you need to go.
Speaker 12: To, that would be correct.
Speaker 1: I did not go to the emergency room. Wow, she's Louise.
Speaker 7: My grandmother nurse, and my mom worked in the healthcare, so they kind of just monitored me all night.
Speaker 12: And I did not go to.
Speaker 7: School for about a week and a half, two weeks until I was able to get into the emergency tyst.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I went.
Speaker 3: When I go to school with no teeth, yeah, how embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: I love it when you go in though, and they're like, well, we can't do anything, and you're like cool, I guess I'll just go home then and then get a bill for eight hundred dollars exactly.
Speaker 1: Thanks Amber, have a great day, Thank you, bye bye.