Speaker 1: Good morning, ladies, gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: This Beaverville.
Speaker 3: Come wo man. I woke up yesterday morning with a spring of my start leader. Please, I could never know what the day was Usporida. Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one.
Speaker 2: We just grabbed every key demogram.
Speaker 1: Super duper.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 4: Waight a go ned Okay, yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 1: Side sweet feet us on your side. You here the sistance under sad.
Speaker 3: In you Astray Hi Power Tip Morning.
Speaker 5: Show, Wednesday, November nineteenth, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: I'm Corey Cove.
Speaker 5: There's Paul, Meet Sauce Lambert, There's Zachary Halverson. No Chris today. I think we've upgraded from Chris to Julia Daniels.
Speaker 3: Hi Julia Hi guys Hi.
Speaker 2: Julia, Julia, Paul, Paul, Julia, Hi, Hi, Julia, Zach, Zach Julia, Good morning.
Speaker 6: Good morning, right and early, well no early, not so bright yet, mister.
Speaker 3: Coming in this early.
Speaker 5: You know, it's not like I heard cuts guests to check right. This is just because you think it's fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's gonna be a good time. It's gonna be a long day for me, but I.
Speaker 3: Think it's worth it. Ooh man, for my expectations.
Speaker 5: We get paid in those days. I'm not sure it's worth it. Yeah, today will be fun.
Speaker 3: Yea day will be fun? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Uh, you know, like Abbot always says, how do you guys not.
Speaker 3: Know who's going to be on your show? Like?
Speaker 5: Why don't you text everybody? Why don't you know? I'm not even sure. I think Parker Fox later, I think Audre Martin later.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Yeah, we know parishes, he's gone. I know that.
Speaker 5: That's why we asked Julia. Yeah, I think he's in Florida. Sure, Yeah, I don't know the rest of the day, who knows?
Speaker 3: I assume Parker at seven? Sure, I don't know. I don't know. How do you guys not know? We don't care? One of the fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah if they show up, great, If they don't want to move on, yeah, right, we'll just wing it anyways. Yeah, we're winging it anyway.
Speaker 3: Sure. Yeah, why would we not? Right? You know what I mean? Yeah? Man, why would we not?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Julia, what's new with you? Well? Not a whole lot.
Speaker 6: It sounds like, you know, I mean after the Vikings loss this week. It's like, okay, yeah, I think we're all.
Speaker 3: In the same boat.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah probably. Yeah, it's frustrating. I mean it's gonna yeah, yeah, it's frustrating.
Speaker 6: We will still do our coverage as per usual of Vikings, but yeah, you got it.
Speaker 5: There's still always the number one story in town. Although I have I have a jealousy question for you.
Speaker 3: You're in the.
Speaker 5: Sports department, right, yes, now, we love Alicia Lewis, Yes, okay, we're pro Alicia on this show.
Speaker 3: She's going to the Olympics. I know she's covering curling and stuff. How come you don't get to go to the Olympics. Well, that's a management question. I I don't get to say.
Speaker 8: And who they picked they sent the morning anchor, Yeah, who we love fans, Yes, love Alicia.
Speaker 5: But she's out in South Dakota covering I think of South Dakota cal And now she's going to Italy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty a deal.
Speaker 6: We're like stretched thin right now as it is covering Vikings and Wolves and things. So I don't know if you guys have seen, but Wolves has been on care Fridays and then they are on this Friday as well, so it's a lot and there was no time, I mean this week for us, any of us in sports department to get out to South Dakota. So I don't know with the scheduling thing, I don't know. No one consulted me about who's going to the Olympics. I don't know if it was a big upset. But how about the end of an era shoosters squad out?
Speaker 3: I didn't know that. Yeah, yep, oh.
Speaker 5: No, those are our guys. Are those are rosies guys? You know he Rosi owes them a dinner at Manny's.
Speaker 3: He does, yes.
Speaker 5: From the time they won the gold medal, he said he would pay for their dinner at Manny's. I'm sure he's done it by now, right. That was like, yeah, seven years ago. So he took him to Manny's and bottom dinner, right, that was the bet. Yes, if you win gold, I'll buy you dinner at Manny's.
Speaker 3: Well he doesn't have to. They're not going to make it. No, they won Oh they won gold, they won it. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: The first time when we met him before they went to the Olympics and won the gold, he said, if you win the gold medal.
Speaker 2: I'll buy you guys dinner twenty eighteen. That was a long time I got that in passing.
Speaker 9: Maybe is he said it on the air seriously on the air he said that he would.
Speaker 5: Yes, and then that's the night. But went on to Manny, Yes, we were all there for it, right. No, Mark Parrish did. Oh well, he's paid perish back by now. He wants this bit to end, right. That is incorrect. He didn't pay perish back. He did seven years ago. Eight years ago. So if you recall, that was the night he claimed he didn't know dinner was that Manny's that night?
Speaker 3: Pull your hands up.
Speaker 2: You can see the Coco Studios from the Many's uh front door, fair point, Zachary.
Speaker 9: I just it's a lot of people to get together, right, you know, there's the hardest, different schedules and everything. But those guys live up north, right, But you were able to get everybody together.
Speaker 3: Everybody was there.
Speaker 9: Everybody they were there, yes, a block away from where he was.
Speaker 5: And he didn't not only did he not show up, didn't pay the bill. No, everything you guys are saying, you're accurate. Uh, he didn't plan to have to pay Oh yeah, that's else. We planned it and made it very clear to him that the dinner was that night.
Speaker 3: He said he never got the text and he was told he told us that he wasn't sure. It was that he was too busy. So that was seven years ago.
Speaker 5: And like you said, he could have seven years ago just paid Parish back and said thanks for picking up the tab.
Speaker 3: That was a bet, a bets.
Speaker 2: You, and we always do this when we run this weekly bit is he could have specifically this.
Speaker 5: Week when Schuster Squad is now officially out of the easily.
Speaker 2: He just said, Parrish, I'm not paying for Corey, I'm not paying for Hawk, I'm not paying for Sauce, and I'm not paying for Lawyer.
Speaker 3: Just the team just was the bet.
Speaker 5: It wasn't you have to pick up the tab for the whole table, which Parish did. It was just pick up the tab for the team, which was five guys, right because it was the four in the alternate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this is five guys. Yeah, paid for five guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and no, not five guys like burgers and fries pay for five guys to go to Manni's. Yeah, and then not that big of a deal. Maybe the most epic state fair T shirt out of it?
Speaker 5: Yep, uh, the Manny's bill T with the actual itinerary, not the itinerary itemized thank you on a T shirt.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you should see it. Oh yeah, to troll the hell out of it with Mark Parrish's legitimate signature on it when he signed.
Speaker 3: For the tab.
Speaker 5: Let me let me go forward. How do you feel about gambling in general? Pro gambling, anti gambling or indifferent? Indifferent in different So my wife and I argue about this all the time. And Sauce is the best example because whenever we make a bet on the show and Sauce loses.
Speaker 3: To me, which lately he's losing to no one.
Speaker 5: But back in the day, if he would lose a bet to me, I would say to my wife, yeah, I won whatever sauces me two hundred bucks, and she'd go, you're not gonna make him pay, are you?
Speaker 3: I go the F I'm not what a bet is a bet? Yeah? A bet is your word?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You know this isn't you know medieval times where if you're you know, your word was life and death. It's but you know, gentlemen's gambling here, gentlemen's word.
Speaker 3: It's like if I'd make a bet.
Speaker 5: You have to pay up, correct, So you know, I don't know a little character flaw.
Speaker 3: If you make a bet and don't pay I understand. No, I agree.
Speaker 5: So we've held it over them for seven straight years, yeah, if not longer.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think it was twenty eighteen. I think, wow, can you believe that's seven years ago?
Speaker 3: I know. Yeah, time is bitch. Yeh's not good, no, real greasy. So anyway, tough break for Shuster.
Speaker 5: I don't know if they were favored to go back though, if his team was favored to go back, just because of all the experience, they were the favorite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they we're technically upset by it.
Speaker 5: Okay, Team Casper, I think, right, Yeah, what a cool name.
Speaker 6: Six Olympics though, how crazy? For sure, the run has been that's twenty four years of Olympics.
Speaker 2: And they were freaking stars, like they stole those Olympics. Yeah, and when we had them on before the before they left. To be totally honest, it was.
Speaker 5: Just whatever, these guys are just curlers, who gives a rats ass? Let's just send them on their way. They're local is guys, best of luck fellas. And then they stole the hearts of the entire country, and everybody was on the edge of their seats and we were watching it live and we didn't quite understand the strategy, but every shot we were absolutely on pins and needles, were like, this is super fun.
Speaker 3: It was and they were always very nice.
Speaker 5: Obviously that was never in question, even when we're like, who are these guys? They were very nice from day one. Easy squad to cheer for. So end of an era shout out to John Schuster. Man is everybody that's been on his team's.
Speaker 3: Beauty of the Olympics. You just have these random sports, then you just fall in love with the people. Do you cover a little man? I'm putting you in a tough spot here?
Speaker 5: Do you cover sports? Not necessarily the pro teams here are dore you ever at like Orino lacrosse and you're like, what am.
Speaker 3: I doing with my life?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I don't cover lacrosse.
Speaker 6: Really.
Speaker 3: The prep stuff that we really.
Speaker 6: Focus on is hockey, football, basketball, Okay, And to be honest, hockey and basketball here are so insane that it's like I'm covering kids that are like gonna be playing D one basketball. Do you one hockey? I mean the hockey is truly like about as good as it gets when it comes to high school high.
Speaker 3: School hockey's awesome.
Speaker 6: No, I mean like is, to be completely honest with you, guys, is camera work my favorite thing on the planet Earth.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 6: I don't like love carrying a camera around and going to shoot my own stuff, because it's not something that I think that I'm particularly good at. And I like the on air stuff and going and doing the interviews and talking to people, and that's kind.
Speaker 3: Of my bread and butter of the job.
Speaker 6: But I will say, like covering high school stuff here, is it too too bad?
Speaker 3: Not too bad? Yeah?
Speaker 6: And honestly, you get to know the kids and the coaches too, and so that makes it one hundred percent worth it as well because you get to talk to them and see them all the time.
Speaker 2: You know, we can't tell all the time too, because we have super super super fun jobs.
Speaker 5: But obviously there's things I hate about this job. Everybody hates something about their jobs. So you know, I just was curious because you have a cool job too.
Speaker 3: It's fun.
Speaker 5: It might have you have awkward hours like we do. Yes, that's probably the downside. It probably cuts into your social life and seeing friends and hanging out with people stuff like that, especially since you're still young. But there's got to be a time or two where you're like, what am I doing? Why doing this?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 3: The worst the word.
Speaker 6: Not to hate on anybody, but the worst part of it all for me, because some people love this part, is when I do an interview and then I have to go back, and we call it like tracking. You go back and you have to pull all of your sound bites and write them out so that you can write your script for the story. And that it's just like tedious work. Sitting there re listening to an interview over and over again and writing the time cues down for each sound bite. That's a job that's got to be replaced by AI can get.
Speaker 3: At some point. Yeah, come on, come on care, come on care. But that's the part that I'm sitting.
Speaker 6: I just put it off and put it off because I love when the story's finished, or helping the photographer that I'm working with, you know, looking at the and talking about the different creative ways you can do things. But it's the first part of can you do an interview of going back and listening and you have to put in like twenty seven semi colon OH one, colon oh five through twenty seven. Oh you know, it's like, what sitting there typing all that out is?
Speaker 5: Do you know I'm a journalism major and I'm not quite sure how to properly use a semi colon?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 5: No, Well, I've also been out of school for twenty three years. I probably knew twenty three years ago, but now I have no.
Speaker 6: Idea how colon that I'm talking about though, is just how it's in our editing system. I don't actually have to use this and I colon my photographer would know like what I'm talking.
Speaker 3: Why you're supposed to put it in there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: It interesting. Hey, since we're just kind of go around the room here, since this first segment is just you know whatever, we have no plan, right, uh, random ass kissing. When you made your Initials debut, we're like, god, dang, Julia almost won. Julia can play a little bit. So we were pleasantly surprised, like, hey, well look at this, we got a player here. I think you're better at password than you are at initial Yeah, like you can play.
Speaker 6: You're a good password player. I think word games are just my thing. Thank you, I appreciate that it's a good password player.
Speaker 3: I think I always tell everybody.
Speaker 6: I think it's because I played catchphrase for a long time with my best friend's family growing up, which I don't know.
Speaker 3: Do you guys know what that is? You core?
Speaker 5: I've never played it, but I've seen it on these shelves a thousand times.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's like this little device that's like potato shaped and you it has a word on it, and every other person's on you send a circle.
Speaker 3: That person's on a team.
Speaker 6: So there's two teams and it's like charades, but it's with a word. It's password basically, and you sit there and you try and get your team to be able to guess what the word is.
Speaker 3: Then you pass it off and then whoever alarm goes off on that. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, So I played that for a long time, so I think that that has something to do with it. I'll just love games. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm watching Wheel last night and si on Mansen calls me name drop. CI calls me at like six forty. I answered, and I go, this better be good. I'm watching Wheel and he goes, I'll make it quick. About a minute and a half later, he had made his point, said what he needed to say, and I go, all right, cool, see you like I gotta go Wheel?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay John Kriesel who comes in here on Fridays, they love it. Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 5: If I'm home, if I'm not doing which is almost always, if I'm not doing something else, if it's six thirty, my internal clock goes off.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, what's I feel like something?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it's Wheel, and I run upstairs, run upstairs for the old Wheel. So yeah, he called me at like six forty, and I wanted to kill everybody, but he made it quick.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think I've only missed like a half a puzzle, you know what I'm saying. I get that though.
Speaker 5: You could pause it, yeah, but I gotta keep everything on schedule.
Speaker 2: I gotta keep moving, you know. He lie fast forward through the commercial.
Speaker 3: Definitely could like people are going to do in about fifteen seconds on.
Speaker 5: This show, by the way, And also, of course I have all of them DVR, and I could just go back.
Speaker 3: And watch it.
Speaker 2: But I'm trying to watch it live, you know. I'm trying to multitask. I'm getting stuff done. I'm watching Wheel.
Speaker 3: It's not the same if it's not live. I know.
Speaker 9: Plus, you got that Wheel of Fortune burner Twitter account that you'd like to interact with others, and are you Oh yeah, I wish.
Speaker 6: That's the thing that a lot of celebrities are owning up to, that they have these burner accounts.
Speaker 3: No. Yeah, well he's not gonna tell us.
Speaker 2: If he does.
Speaker 3: I don't have burner accounts, but I do.
Speaker 5: I do have access to the power Trip account, my own account, and the Initials account. So I have various people that I follow on each of the three. But I'm not trolling on any of the three yet checking in.
Speaker 3: Right, which ones do you have me blocked on? I don't even know. I don't have you blocked on any of them.
Speaker 5: I have a lot of people here muted on some of them because I don't need to see those tweets three times?
Speaker 3: Right, got it?
Speaker 5: Because I'm checking all three accounts. So and in fact, that's caught a lot of heat Julie over the years because somebody be like, you don't even follow me on Twitter, Like, yeah, I do, And then I realized, well, on one of the accounts, I don't, but the other one I do. I see your stuff, don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: When you get a follow request or something. I don't think I have my Twitter follow notifications on someone.
Speaker 3: People tell me that they followed me. I've never had. Okay, I don't think you told me that you did, because early on it would email you. You'd get an email every time somebody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just wish I had found Instagram a lot earlier. It's so much better than Twitter. It's so much better, so much more positive the stuff you want. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Man is very funnier.
Speaker 6: Yea.
Speaker 2: Twitter's very very positive. How was it not again? I saw the fun Why do you follow the cesspool again? You only see the speech every time we have this argument every time you say just hit the you know, the following, not the for you.
Speaker 3: Never do the for you.
Speaker 2: I'm always for you to see what's going on.
Speaker 3: That's the cesspool pool, stay in the shallow end. I'm always on the for you. And then if you do, you linger.
Speaker 6: If you linger on like a movie trainer, You're going to see that something about that movie for the next three weeks.
Speaker 3: I said that about Instagram.
Speaker 5: It's you click on one adult in a diaper video and all of.
Speaker 2: A sudden, that's all you're seeing is grown people wearing diapers, and I'm like, I didn't want this.
Speaker 3: I just clicked on one.
Speaker 6: Mine's all like, AI, what kind of bed would you sleep in if you were born in January February March, And it's like a nice cube bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, No one is sleeping in any of them. The honeybed looks hearth, but it's like all these different it's like and you're like, no one would lay down in a honey bed.
Speaker 3: You'd be so.
Speaker 2: Sticky and grown like hot love a bed.
Speaker 5: The algorithm thinks Julia is pretty boring and thinks everybody here is an absolute pervert. Ye oh yeah, shocker. Let's just give her bed recommendations.
Speaker 3: More of the Power Trip Morning Show. Julia Daniels from Carol Love And is here.
Speaker 5: This is the Powertip Morning Show on the fan.
Speaker 9: Kfam and the Vikings are teaming up for Toys for Tots. Join us live at Shields and Even Prairie on Tuesday, December second, from five thirty am until six thirty pm for annual broadcast presented by Unreal Brand Toys, Spread Some Joy and for one of the first fifty donors each show you scory sweet Kfan Unreal Winter Beanie details at KFA dot com. Slash Toys, Yeah, a couple cool things in the next couple of weeks, so Toys for.
Speaker 5: Tots December second at Shields Right, Yeah, that's what does Zachary just mentioned. And then a week and a half from now our twenty fourth birthday at the Mall of America seven to nine. So you can come see the Powertrap multiple times in the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'll be great. That Friday show is super fun.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: And again I mentioned we only have one year left before we're out of the row zone. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And somebody on Twitter was like, well, he left like almost a year ago, so you guys really only had twenty three years with him. I'm like, you're missing the point. I'm not talking about him beyond the show twenty five years. I'm saying in a year he's unwilling to date us. Yeah, he doesn't care anymore. He's also regulacy during the holiday season. Oh, schedule filled up. Yeah, well that happens.
Speaker 3: He's real busy planning in the holidays.
Speaker 2: Hmmm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hawk's going today. We mentioned that we didn't even ask him where he was going. He's like, I'm gonna take Wednes daff for like, okay, yeah, no idea where he is.
Speaker 3: He'll be back tomorrow though.
Speaker 2: He's doing a speech at like eight thirty or something.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's doing that dunkers bit. What the hell's dunkers? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've never been invited for obvious reasons. I look like hell, and I don't think they want me part of their little club. And I've ripped half the people that go true, like almost all of them. So Pj's there, I think, So who else do the pole ads go? I would assume, yeah, Dunkers. It's like, uh, it's like the Minnesota Illuminati. I think sports Illuminati with dots and sports.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Roycey.
Speaker 2: I think Barrero is a dunker there. I don't know, clubhouse or something, isn't it. I think it's not like the Minneapolis club used to be out of town Minneapolis.
Speaker 3: It's a really good I'm scared.
Speaker 2: I love so do. I just like doing his voice. I love I'm very pro roysy. I just like, but it's just like my a CDC impression.
Speaker 5: I can only do it for about two minutes and my voice is going to be shot for about three weeks.
Speaker 3: I don't know how he talks like that constantly. He cracks me up. He's hilarious. He's so funny. Yeah, he's the best.
Speaker 2: Is he'll call me, Like one time he wrote a story being Fleck and he called me and he goes, I can't do the voice. But he's like, hey, do you care if I put your name in this? And I'm like no. He's like, all right, I'll call you back.
Speaker 5: He's very dark, star like, but yeah, And it was basically just, uh, you said what I don't know, something about disappointed in the program. He just referenced me in it, about how you're the voice of the people I doubts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you represent a lot of people.
Speaker 5: Hey, if you ever went to Dunkers or got invited to Dunkers and you were asked to give some kind of a speech, because I think there is some kind of a speech involved, right, don't be able to talk at Dunkers.
Speaker 3: I think so. I think girls, he's done it like a thousand the club. I don't think it. I think sell it.
Speaker 2: I think like the donut Dunkers. That's how I always thought it was, but.
Speaker 6: I asked it's during the eight in the morning.
Speaker 2: I think it's like a breakfast. I think it's at the Minneapolis Club.
Speaker 5: So let's let's say whoever runs it calls Dunkers, there you go, calls Paul meets os Lambert and says we want you to come by and.
Speaker 2: Wow, speech, speech, what do you talk about?
Speaker 3: I'd probably say, Hey, it's an honor to be here.
Speaker 2: A lot of those people that right when I start talking that I've ripped and probably get up and leave, and I deserve that, And i'd go thank you for including me in your club. I hope I don't have to like sacrifice anybody.
Speaker 5: But if it's like an eyes wide shut thing where you guys are all technically going to get it on, but you'll all wear masks. But that's all dudes, Well, you don't know's We don't know who's behind the masks.
Speaker 2: Oh, Rosie ain't going. If there's ladies, Oh there's ladies too. Don't you see the movie Stanley kubrick Man, Nicole Kidman, Tom Cruise. Come on, I think that's the movie that got him killed. Oh no, because there's too many secrets. Ope got Stanley Kubrick killed. Yeah, Stanley Kubrick's also the guy that directed the moon landing.
Speaker 3: Man, you're into some weird stuff. I'm not. I get it all from Randy. This is why you're not invited to Dunkers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got details on that go ahead.
Speaker 9: So you have to be obviously nominated by a memo a current member of the Twin Cities Dunkers.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm never getting in.
Speaker 9: It's a sports oriented organization and our speakers are generally from the sports world. The initiation fee is six hundred dollars and then what do you get, dude, five hundred dollars a year after for what their.
Speaker 2: First picture on it is. One of the first pictures is Rosie is Rosie.
Speaker 9: Our meetings are at Interlocking Country Club and dinah Oo at seven am, and by Dunker rules will always end not later than eight thirty am, so.
Speaker 5: Everybody can get to their nine o'clock jobs, because a lot of those guys are working nine to or.
Speaker 3: A lot of them at nine o'clock tea times. Is it all dudes?
Speaker 2: Uh No, it's Smith's male or female female.
Speaker 9: The next speakers you're you're getting only allowed to go if you're a member. But on December one, Lu and Nannie and Bob Moscow.
Speaker 5: Ao Sauce, if they invited you, would you pay the six hundred and be a member? It's five hundred a year or two. Well, here's the thing. I like being included. I'm free included in a club.
Speaker 2: If I was asked to be a member of the Dunkers, I would probably just put it on my guy Jake's tab at Interlocking and he paid for it. No, I'd probably pay for youah news, I'd want to be included.
Speaker 3: I like being included.
Speaker 9: Well, nomination does not automatically result in membership. There's a vote. Membership is limited to three hundred and fifty. New members are accepted as openings occur. Fifty nominees is always longer than the openings that are available to be filled.
Speaker 3: PA has spoken there, all right, So but here what if Zach.
Speaker 5: If everything Zach said is accurate and I believe him because he's reading left right top to bottom, there's three hundred and fifty people tops, you have to wait for somebody to not or die.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the other ven you can get asked. Here's the other thing.
Speaker 2: It's at interlock in which A A lot of the pole AADs are at interlock.
Speaker 5: In, so they're not they're not voting you in I have zero shot. Yep, No, So Pj's there, the pole lads are there. Ben Stiller probably is there. Yeah, Ben still oh Man.
Speaker 9: Well see one of the things that it says, though, because he likes me, you have to you know, including your full name, employer title, all that community slash sports involvement.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you do with the I mean sports?
Speaker 2: You're you're young, cafan, you're in the sports world. The what do you do with the community.
Speaker 5: Oh, maybe you can just play more than six here's some examples saw us.
Speaker 2: What about MLB the show? Does that count? That's in your house?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 9: Joe Smith, he is the president of the Helpful Seniors Council.
Speaker 3: He probably hates me.
Speaker 5: He's a volunteer at Meals on Wheels. I get lunch with my dad. He's eighty seven. Does that count? My dad's seventy five? Text him? Yeah, we talked to old people.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's a member of the Boys Club of Minneapolis. No comment. Good for Joe Smith. I think that's might be just an example, but yeah, good luck with that. I mean, Julia, you were in the sports world. How come you've never been asked.
Speaker 3: I've never even heard of this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Same, it's a lot of dudes. I don't think I'm a lady.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't think I heard it until until Rosie used to skip out on our stone because he would say, I'm speaking at Dunkers next week, so I'm not going to be here on on Wednesday or whatever. We're like, okay, whatever that means. And I always just thought it was donuts. Never asked. Yeah, it's a little interesting, like all right, cool, whatever, bring us donuts next time.
Speaker 3: It's like service League. Oh are there donuts? Or we just keep do we keep hammering? Oh?
Speaker 9: No, there's donuts, and they're better a bunch of stuff there. Every year there's a head coach that I think determines the who the speeches are. So Bob Hagen was one many years. I think he's a member twenty thirteen. He was a head coach of the twenty thirteen or the sixty fifth season of Twin Cities Dunkers.
Speaker 5: All right, well, Hagan kicks ass. I'll have to ask him how this thing works. Bill Roberts'll Textagan later and just give me all the Rosy Dunkers stories.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and there are, Yeah, there's plenty of women who are head coaches here.
Speaker 2: My guy John Randall spoke there. If he's a member there, he'll vote for me. He loves me.
Speaker 3: You don't make John Randall pay six hundred dollars to get in. You just let him do whatever he wants. Yeah. Yeah, he's cooler than anybody in that club anyway.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm surprised Rosie wasn't a head coach. At one point, Pat Miles.
Speaker 6: Was okay, so they're just they're named the head coach, right, because I was.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, yeah, Hagen was the head coach of the Inxs fan club.
Speaker 7: Yeah, interesting, interesting, all right.
Speaker 9: Position of the Dunkers head coach is a member that presides at all meetings and is responsible for scheduling speakers only twice and Dunker's history is a member serve served two tours as head coach, of course, was Dave Saint Peter and Jerry Brocker.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the first game voting for me.
Speaker 2: Ross has spoken there one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight times.
Speaker 3: What about what I don't know?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, that is my next question, Like, what's the speech about no idea.
Speaker 3: There's some huge names that have spoken at Yeah. I was looking at the speakers.
Speaker 2: I was like, wow, well like Joe Censer, Paul Tagliabu, ri ip Yep, Robert Smith, Robert Smith. I'm already in the so Terry Steinbach, George Steinbrenner spoke there twice. I'm going to get killed when I leave because I'm not supposed to be the sports illuminati in Minneapolis. I don't available.
Speaker 3: Wally Zerbiak, you are in the s's.
Speaker 9: I got quick summary of Mark Rosen's speech.
Speaker 3: Oh you do.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm twenty nineteen. Audio how to get out of your bed?
Speaker 3: Do you have any audio of it? Uh? Yeah, hear me actually taking time to lok. I just send it to you, see if you can play it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: The quote head coach bit right, you're the head coach of dunkers and you can serve two terms, and this is there anything like oh good for me?
Speaker 3: Right? HOA in my neighborhood, right, and.
Speaker 5: So like working on an HOA board sounds like an absolute freaking nightmare. Yeah, Because if you care about your neighborhood and you want to make sure everything's up on the up, and up.
Speaker 2: It's like, I totally get it. Somebody has to do it, but you've got to care so much. But I don't care enough. Yeah, I don't care at all. Let alone enough?
Speaker 3: Why would you? Right?
Speaker 2: Like, I don't want to go for a Karen, Yeah, yeah, I don't want to go to meetings. I don't want to argue with other people I don't know in the neighborhood.
Speaker 3: You don't want to at your house.
Speaker 5: I don't want to leave my house for fun, let alone for bookkeeping or arguing. All right, I'm leaving the house for what three reasons? Poker warstrip and target Ye Strip Club. Here's a little sniffet.
Speaker 3: Hanging out on the maternity ward. Why did he say? I don't know why he said that. Oh he was there for the birth of Carly's that's a true story. Man.
Speaker 2: We're really leaning in hard on Rosie this morning. Let's give the guy a break.
Speaker 5: He's at the Dunkers right now waiting to speak front Page Sports after this Power Trip Money show on the.
Speaker 3: Fan the Fan.
Speaker 9: It's a wild Wednesday here on kf and and we're taking her talkbacks for tickets all day long. He's talkback feature in the iHeart where you have to tell us who you think is the most important player currently on the roster. Send us your talkbacks now five pm for your chance to score tickets tonight's game against the Carolina Hurricanes. Full infot KFA dot com keyword contests. We can do a game take a giveaway for a game tonight because game doesn't.
Speaker 3: Start for another fifteen hours, about.
Speaker 5: Eight to fifty five, right, brutal puck drop about eight fifty five tonight. That's insane? How much for that ten to twenty sports hit? Right, Julie, That ain't happen, and that game is not even going to be over. Here's an update. Yeah, I mean it's going to be closed over, but it ain't gonna be over.
Speaker 9: First intermission update by that point. Yeah, all right, let's do front PAIGD Sports. Let's learn that's not all right.
Speaker 2: We're the last time now for Front Page Sports presented by Holiday Station Stores.
Speaker 5: Holiday station Stores, you can get Celsius at Holiday that's all the time, but for a limited time two for five bucks. Mix and match any flavors you want. Who cares, how obscure or random you want to go, that's your choice. Drink whatever you want, But there's a whole bunch of varieties of celsius. Again, don't know what the flural is yet. CLI right, it's gotta be a ci either way. At least get two two for five for a limited time with our friends at holiday, Thanks Holiday. I have a whole bunch of sports in my notes today, but none of them are super pressing, like they're all on the zero to ten scale. These are all like fours. You know, we don't have like a giant like to be talked about. Okay, well, so I was picking number one through one through twelve three. Gopher football is at Northwestern on Saturday at Wrigley Field though at eleven am right here on the FAM Gophers are six and four zero and four on the road. Wow, what an accomplishment Northwestern. You're never going to dunkers. Northwestern is five and five, three and four in the Big Ten. On DraftKings, Northwestern is a three and a half point favorite. The over under is forty and a half. That seems a little low, but will see if you like the money line. The Gophers are just straight up plus one fifty Northwestern minus one eighty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Gophers should win. Uh, it's gonna be. I think there'll be a lot of people from Minnesota that are going. I think Tommy's going. Uh so it should be a fun environment to play. You've been there, right, You've been a regular Oh yeah, oh you haven't.
Speaker 3: No, I've never been either. Oh it's outstanding, I mean looks cool. My sister in law lives in the area. It's sweet. I don't like baseball, but I love Rookie of the Year. Oh yeah, so does my sister. She loves that. Sure. What does she call it again? Wookies ear? Wookies ears, Juliet, have you been You have not been a regular field.
Speaker 6: I've never been to Chicago once. Oh yeah, well that was a few weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Damn. It must have been just fun related. It wasn't for sports, wasn't it. No, it was just for fun. Okay, I was gonna say because we just played the Bears. It was the Bears few months ago. It was a bye wee.
Speaker 2: Tommy's favorite week of the season. That's most weeks for him. What did you do in Chicago?
Speaker 6: One of my best friends works at ABC Chicago, so went with one.
Speaker 3: Of my best you know, Shay, you guys met Shay. Yeah, we met her at the State Fair.
Speaker 6: So Shae and I went to Chicago and visited my friend Jess and basically we just hung out, ate really good.
Speaker 3: Food, and watched a lot of football a whole weekend.
Speaker 5: I have not been in Chicago since I've been an adult. I was there a billion times when I was a kid because my dad was born and grew up in Chicago, so my grandparents were in Chicago.
Speaker 3: Spent a lot of time there from zero to twelve. Do you yeah, go on? Didn't you once get on a flight where you went to New York and your family went to Miami. Didn't that happen? You want?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: And then you had to go to your aunt and uncle's house was being renovated. I mean, all of that sounds vaguely familiar, but I really should go.
Speaker 5: I drove through Chicago this year to get to Michigan, but I'd never stopped Chicago's back.
Speaker 3: That's what everybody says. I know it's the murder capital of the US, but what.
Speaker 2: City isn't at this point, Yeah, go to You gotta.
Speaker 3: Go to Wrigley at least once. Yeah, he'd love it. Who when you're a old man.
Speaker 5: Like it he's been there probably a million times. I doubt he's been there in sixty five plus years though. So nine I got U laid off. Oh my god, great time here, Oh the best and U but a great bit.
Speaker 2: That was like three months later the Twins were playing the Cubs in Wrigley and I was hammered.
Speaker 3: That's severance is going to a lot of a lot of booze.
Speaker 2: And uh I was there and Tim Hyde, Barb and guards he were all there as well, No kidding, Yeah, what a party.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Julia pick at number one through twelve eight? What good timing for you? The college football playoff rankings are out. Let's go through this. I have a lot of questions for you about this. Actually a number one one of Ohio State that shocks No.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 2: Number two continues to be Indiana, number three, Texas A and M. What an unbelievable game that was number four Georgia number five, Texas Tech number six, Old Miss.
Speaker 3: What was Texas A and M down? Was it all like? Was that the thirty one to three or something?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it came back and three. Yeah, yeah it was that half was thirty one something like that?
Speaker 5: Texas Tech five, Old Miss six Oregon, who just beat the Gophers badly is seventh, Oklahoma eight, Notre Dame nine, Alabama ten. That's Julia's squad BYU eleven in Utah twelve. Calin de Boor of Alabama early in the year was already having rumors thrown at him that people wanted him out of Alabama.
Speaker 3: That's typical Alabama. Yeah, right, and then all.
Speaker 5: They did after that was just win and win pretty convincingly, and then they stumbled what last week and they dropped to ten.
Speaker 3: But how do you feel about your squad?
Speaker 5: And also how do you like when you cheer for Minnesota sports teams, the Wolves, the Wild, the Twins, and the Viking specifically, we're none of us are the Evil Empire because we've historically been losers. When you cheer for the Alabama Crimson Tide, or the New York Yankees, or the Los Angeles Lakers or the Dallas Cowboys, most people are like, well, you're cheering for the Evil Empire? Is it kind of fun to be the villain?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 3: It's so much fun, is it really?
Speaker 6: So? The part that's not fun is because I'm from Arkansas, so I grew up an Arkansas fan. Unfortunately it was horrible, which is one of the reasons how I went to Alabama because I tell everybody I had to go be a winner somewhere because I grew up an Arkansas fan and a Cowboys fan, and not during Cowboys fun times, during all bad stuff that's been going on, and so I went to Alabama. The only bad part is when we would like losing the Iron Bowl or something, and my hometown friends, I don't really keep up with them when text, and they'd be like, oh, roll Tide, you guys love Auburn. I'm like, you go to Arkansas, like you, what are you? Why are you talking to me at all? That's that's the part where I would get like really irritated. But for the most part, yeah, I'm just like, okay.
Speaker 5: Right, the oil brat, Yes, the rest of us get very lucky if we go anywhere, you guys have no margin for error without getting ripped.
Speaker 3: You have to dominate or you get ripped. Well, and that's like, I don't know.
Speaker 6: If you guys saw Mac Jones talking a few weeks ago in one of his pressers, he was like, yeah, it's just like the NFL is harder for me because I remember being like really mad in college when we wouldn't win by a huge margin.
Speaker 5: You know, and that's how yeah, yeah, how about already? You know, Cooper Flagg's already mentioned like he's not used to losing. He didn't lose essentially. I don't know if he lost at all in high school. I don't know how many games he lost in high school. But yeah, they barely lost to Duke. And now he's going like, I don't know what this is. Right at four and eleven start or.
Speaker 6: Whatever was for JJ McCarthy to say something similar to I mean, they kind of asked him about it.
Speaker 2: But as you just referenced forty five minutes ago, it's a sensitive time around here for JJ McCarthy fans, specifically Zach Halverson, because the dream is already up and running, and if the dream ends way before he wants it to end, which for him is about the next twenty years, Yep, it's going to be hard around here because I thought Zach had you know, the yellow brick road from here until about twenty forty five.
Speaker 3: Now it might be over by twenty twenty seven. We'll see yeah, or TBD.
Speaker 2: January twenty twenty six, we live in a black and white world.
Speaker 5: Yes, ladies and gentlemen, and most of the time it's just gray. And I think, tell me, if you guys think this, this is a good sports take. Sure you like sports takes.
Speaker 3: I love him so like.
Speaker 5: I think if you hooked every Vikings fan up to a lot of detector tests and said, does JJ have it?
Speaker 3: Like is this the guy?
Speaker 5: And your three options were he absolutely is the guy, I'm not quite sure he's the guy, or he definitely is not the guy. Right, If those are your three options, I think if you hooked up almost every Vikings fan to a lot of detective tests, I think most people would say I'm not quite sure he's the guy.
Speaker 3: Right, They'd be in the middle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But let's say that option was completely eliminated and you had to say, I'm betting my house he's like a Hall of Fame level quarterback or at least a potential Pro Bowl quarterback or bust and you had to be right. You go all in on he's got it and I believe it, or I would heavily bet that he does not have it. If you have to pick one of the two extremes, which which how about you personally, and then the masses, because right now the masses are leaning heavily towards this isn't going to work. This is Ponder two point zero.
Speaker 3: I just I don't think.
Speaker 2: You, like I have a strong opinion on it, because go on, I'd like to be knee jerk about it, and I like posting that picture a ponder and then the second he rebounded, I posted a picture at Tom Brady. But I just think you can't be one hundred percent sure when you can lead the team down the field like he did and look like an all Pro. Yeah, the clutch change, the clutch chief.
Speaker 5: That's what we talked about on Monday while you were gone, is you have to give him that even if you're like, man, what is wrong with him? He does have that like winning vibe to him. He just can't do it for sixty yet. If he can do it for the full game, he'd be an all pro. Right, he But there's moments where like the maybe the mechanics aren't there, maybe there's still some a little bit of like knee issue, but like when he doesn't have it, it's not good.
Speaker 3: So he's got it. You're in good show. So again you have the right to change. And again, the world is great.
Speaker 5: But I'm asking you on November nineteenth at six twenty in the morning to be black or white. If you had to be right, do you go all in on him being good or a bus.
Speaker 3: Good question? Thanks, I think you have to see it if you're going to bet your old house on it. Ye well said, see, so yeah, actually is logic.
Speaker 5: It's not there yet. If you had to be right, I would lean towards bust as well. Yeah, I think the answers in the middle.
Speaker 3: But again.
Speaker 2: No, no, but he started five games, sure, and we can all throw out stats that Aikman did this and Peyton Manning did that, But the truth is, so did JP Los. Sure there's a name. What did JaMarcus Russell do? Right?
Speaker 3: He probably sucked in his first five too.
Speaker 2: So it's almost like when you when you reference that he's going to be good or he's going to be bad, you're saying that things are.
Speaker 3: Possible because it's not. It's not always doom. You know, it's not always the end.
Speaker 2: Right that you don't lead the team down the field when you have to your tight end drops the football. You got to make a fourth down. He completes that pass. But some of the misses are you don't get booed at home if you're electric all the time, Right, we just got to see it. But Zacho has brought up a couple of times nobody thought they'd win in Detroit and they went in there and won. Right, no one is going to pick them to beat Green Bay. Nobody maybe Zach, Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 3: But there's been enough glimmer of halp with this kid, and he's made some high level elite And I say kid because he's very young still, he's what twenty two, Yeah, on twenty three. I don't like when you refer to him as a kid though. I'm in my sports talk voice.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, he's not on a list yet, but he's he's shown enough glimmers of hope that the knee jerk, the negativity that we just is you want to talk about Twitter, My god, how just evil it was on Sunday.
Speaker 3: It's like, I get it.
Speaker 9: There's a lot of frustration, but also there's a lot of good to come out of that as well. And if he can develop this year Zach a good campaign and just keep getting better. I just there's so many examples. Yes, there are ones, but there are plenty of good ones where you let a kid develop.
Speaker 8: We you have to.
Speaker 9: You know, we did this constant, like, whether whether it was Kirk or Sam or whoever, this constant like picking up a quarterback later in their career, and we talked about that might be a better route moving forward. But if you're gonna draft a quarterback and you want to talk about how you want to develop him, and he's been in the system for a couple of years now, there's growing pains that are necessary.
Speaker 3: Let's get through this year.
Speaker 9: I get it, it sucks, but we still have plenty of time of JJ's prime and Justin Jefferson will be a good player for many years to come.
Speaker 2: Let's just give it a second. Please, just sost your hands up. If we had a Russell Wilson type backup, do you think they would have benched him, like even a healthy Carson wentz.
Speaker 3: Yeah on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, this past Sunday or this upcoming Sunday. No past Sunday. You're gonna let the kid play, you have to, I would, yeah, Otherwise, what's the point, what's the point?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Correct, Although Zachary's.
Speaker 2: Got a nice little backup playing because he likes Brosemer too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a fan.
Speaker 2: I'm a fan of.
Speaker 3: How can you not be Well, that's the kid can sling it. Yeah, you got to saversify your assets.
Speaker 5: When you were sitting in Circa on Sunday, Yes, sir, did they have I assume since all the games were going, they didn't have the audio of the Vikings game. No, they did that for maybe five to ten minutes at halftime. Okay, the game because because Brady, because Brady multiple times during the game said what you've been saying for weeks, which is like McCarthy has to learn to take the fastball off.
Speaker 3: That it can't be the fastball every time. Once in a while. It has to be, but it can't be every throw.
Speaker 2: Brady's first game, I think he said, you don't have to hit driver every time. You got to hit all all the clubs in your bag.
Speaker 3: You have to hit.
Speaker 5: But I know he's a Michigan guy and he's defending his guy, but he said that can be learned. He's like, they got to teach him to take the fastball off. He likes throwing the fast he really does. We like doing what really matters.
Speaker 3: That'll be next. I'll go through some scores and some stats.
Speaker 5: We'll react to that, and then saucill change your life with something else that has nothing to do with sports. Julia Daniels is here from Caroleven. This is the Power Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 3: I'm the fan. It's the Black Friday tradition.
Speaker 9: You will not want to miss the Power Trip Morning Show live at Mall of America. We got the Initials game, we got laughs, money to be given away, your chance to secure holiday cared.
Speaker 3: You just want to read it course, hogs Daddy'll be there. Yeah.
Speaker 5: The short of it is is a week from this Friday at Mall of America seven to nine normal Power Trip Power Trim Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Marnie Gellner will be there.
Speaker 5: Mark Parrish will be there, does the show seven to nine and celebrate our twenty fourth birthday, one year left in the row Zone. But at eight fifteen's on Black Friday, the four of you who normally play Initials will draw names from the crowd and pair you up with a representative. You'll represent somebody from the crowd and if you win, your room wins one thousand dollars and then the other three just for being drawn get two hundred and fifty bucks, so that's pretty cool. Sweet, and then just somebody in the crowd also will get randomly drawn and win two hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: So if you want some shopping money, come on down and watch the Power to you morning Ton, you have a shot to win.
Speaker 3: That's grease.
Speaker 5: And of course, also the jackpot this Friday is one hundred and four thousand dollars, so if it doesn't go off this Friday, that on Black Friday it'll be one hundred and four thousand, five hundred dollars. That's nuts. Yeah, that's insane. I really wanted to go off. Now that it's six figures. Yeah, when it was in the nineties, all of us were kind of secretly and sometimes on the A'll being like, man, I just don't want it to go off until it gets to one hundred k.
Speaker 3: Now that it's hit one hundred k, let's go. Yeah, somebody just freaking say it. Let's do it. Yeah, man, let's get it all.
Speaker 5: Let's give some money away and start the clock back at zero or technically five hundred dollars. What really matters is scores and stats around the world. The sports in between sauce changes your life with something else ready, Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: Steelers quarterback Aaron Rodgers does not need surgery on his wrist. According to Mike Tomlin and the Pittsburgh Steelers, he does have a fracture on his non throwing wrist, and he's not even necessarily out of this week's game.
Speaker 3: His status is unclear.
Speaker 5: It'll be determined later in the week, but Mike Tomlin did not rule him out for Sunday versus Chicago. He said, it basically comes down to pain and how are they going to stabilize it?
Speaker 3: How functional can he be?
Speaker 5: It's his non throwing wrists, But they're going to figure it out and he might not even miss any time.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 2: How about this for a stat, Julia, you just mentioned you were recently in Chicago. Aaron Rodgers and the Pittsburgh Steelers take on the Bears on Sunday.
Speaker 5: In Aaron Rodgers' career, this will if he plays, this would be game thirty. He has played the Bears twenty nine times in his career. How many of those twenty nine, Julia will start with you, how many of those twenty nine has Aaron Rodgers won?
Speaker 3: M I'm gonna go.
Speaker 5: Twenty s twenty four, nailed it, twenty four kids, good Man, twenty four and five all time against the Bears.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, that's why he owns the Bears. Sure does.
Speaker 2: What really matters, though, is this, thank you. Hot water can turn into ice faster than cold water.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's something I learned in middle school, and I remember, and I totally understood why that happens.
Speaker 3: And now if you gave me a million dollars, I couldn't guess. I never learned this, but I grew up at Arkansas. Yeah, isn't that like the worst school in America? What else?
Speaker 6: I think we were forty ninth when I was there, but I think Oklahoma's forty ninth.
Speaker 5: Now, now, do you feel educational gaps in your own life? Are you're like, I wish, well, you just said I wish it would have learned that in science. But do you feel like, give me what does Arkansas struggle with when it comes to schools the most reading, math, science, all of the above, all.
Speaker 3: Of the above. Really? Yeah? I mean, well, here's what I'll say. Do you know all twenty six letters? Yes? I do, fantastic I know, but that's thanks to my mom. I I will say we had some Teach for America teachers that came in when I was in high school.
Speaker 6: You guys know what that is no Teach for America. They are really talented teachers that go out to underdeveloped places in high schools and things like that, and they actually teach the kids what they're supposed to know. So all my AP classes, I did pass a few AP tests in high school, and my AP classes a lot of them were top I Teach for America teachers. So in high school I finally started to learn some stuff.
Speaker 3: Catch up. Yeah, everything was a breeze before that. I was like, Wow, this is everybody's so worried about school all the time.
Speaker 2: Got straight a's, you're like a sophomore, You're like, adding is easy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I got to AP CALCU and I was like what, yeah, interesting?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Sauce didn't take a backpack to senior year in high school. Look where he is?
Speaker 3: Nice? Yep. I was there to have lunch and talk to the ladies. That was it. I like it, Yeah, no backpack? Yeah yeah, I wasn't there to learn.
Speaker 6: I did take AP physics what and uh, Mike, Mike Corlis not in high school.
Speaker 3: I took physics in college a bit two hears I was twenty five years ago. I don't remember a thing about it. My physics teacher was on Jeopardy three times. Yeah, twice, so she's a smart lady. I did grow up with.
Speaker 2: My nephew's an astrophysicist Penn State. He's a savants. Your hands up, Julia's physics teacher? Would hawk you said it was a female?
Speaker 3: Yes? Then yes, that was the only French horn as well? Oh yeah?
Speaker 2: Would I mean yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: He would? Okay, is it my turn? No idea?
Speaker 5: The Wolves host Washington night at seven o'clock. They were one of the worst teams in the NBA at one and twelve. Again, the Pacers somehow are worse unless they played last night. But as of yesterday or one and thirteen, I didn't see if the Pacers played.
Speaker 3: I think you guys all know this actually hand on.
Speaker 5: I know Sauce knows this and Zach knows this because we talked about this yesterday.
Speaker 3: But Julie, I'm gonna put you in the corner. I'm gonna test you.
Speaker 5: Okay, you said, Hey, the Wolves are on care eleven once in a while, right, yes, the Wolves are nine and five. What is their record this year against teams with winning records? Teams with winning records?
Speaker 3: What is the world? Five?
Speaker 6: Mm?
Speaker 3: I don't know what their record is against two and four? Zachary guesses two and four. I feel like they've played a lot of bad teams. They have played a lot of bad teams. I don't. I don't know what the record is versus winning teams. Sauce, aren't they winless? They are?
Speaker 5: Oh in five yep. All nine wins have come against teams with losing records. They are oh and two against the Nuggets, oh and two against the Lakers, and oh and one against the Knicks.
Speaker 3: That's the five teams they've played. Remember when the Wolves would lose to the losing teams exactly then beat the winning one. Yeah, now it's you rather have.
Speaker 5: Now we're dominating the bad teams, blowing them out by like forty, like the Jazz. We're dominating the bad teams, struggling against the the good ones. So oh and two against Denver, oh and two against the Lakers, oh and one against cat in the Knicks.
Speaker 3: But what really matters is this planetpusses sweat milk. What what what kelk? This what Keemp's milk? Kemp's milk? And they lay eggs? I guess would you? But they're a mammal, right, aren't they a mammal? Yeah? The mammal I think the only mammal that lay eggs. Yeah? Whoa yes, hawkwood sweat milk.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The Vikings are at green Bay Sunday at noon. Right here on the fan, You're home from Minnesota Vikings football. The Vikings are four and six, green Bay is six three and one on DraftKings. The Packers are six and a half point favorites. The over under is forty and a half, which uh boomom bommmm yeah, the same over under as the Gopher Northwestern game forty and a half. What game do you like the over and more? Gophers Northwestern or Vikings Packers?
Speaker 3: Vikings Packers? Same? Is it a fun when we agree? Yeah? It is fun. Not super often it really matters, though. Is this bees can fly higher than Mount Everest?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've talked about that one in the past, Remember this one? What?
Speaker 3: How do they breathe up there? Yeah? How do they not freeze to death? Correct?
Speaker 2: Too?
Speaker 3: How long is a bees lifespan? Good?
Speaker 2: Question before you look it up along with you guess yes first and then look it up.
Speaker 3: I'll about like a month, Yeah, that would be my guest. I'm gonna give it four months. I'll say a year. We'll give it summertime.
Speaker 5: It would suck to be a queen bee and have a life span less than a year. Once you want to just have a reign of terror. You're like, you're the queen. They live for three months, Who cares? It better be thirty nine years if you're the queen. Everybody else dies after three months. A bees lifespan. A queen bee can live for one to five years. Worker bees live for about six weeks in the summer.
Speaker 3: Right, so I kind of had it right. You have the queen bees five years. Worker bees are six weeks. They worn't their asses awful? The queen's doing nothing weeks? Dude. But isn't that proof that if you really, really, really really.
Speaker 2: Work hard, you're gonna die young?
Speaker 5: Anyway, it's better to be It's better to be lazy and be the queen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean always is the queen is the queen, the one that lays all the eggs.
Speaker 2: I don't have no idea the mom of all of them. I don't know, No, I don't Maybe what do I look like an apiuristic? So yeah, because like, isn't that her job? Badies, like the rest of the worker bees are going to be bad too.
Speaker 3: I've seen some b videos on YouTube. Right, it's very fascinating.
Speaker 5: Oh great, now we're talking about it so much that it's gonna be on my Instagram, that it's going to be a queen bee like you know adult films watching. It's on your girl algorithm too, I promise.
Speaker 3: You that hole and then eventually going into to score. Take a deep breath of what really matters after this. Julia Daniels from Caralevin is here. This is the power to a morning Joe on the Fan.
Speaker 9: Join Kfans Corey called this Friday at B fifty twos in Lake Pille for Cours Light Hockey Night drop by starting at six o'clock to catch Minnesota, take on Pittsburgh and joy ice cold course light specials, and play trivia for your chance to win great prizes, including sweet tickets to a game in January. You get the full details now atkfan dot com. Just make the keyword calendar.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 5: More of what really matters scores and stats around the world of sports. Also change your life with something else.
Speaker 3: Sauce.
Speaker 5: You'll love this because we are not ESPN Radio. No, but I have two separate Lebron stories. God you want Option Air Option b B. Lebron made his season debut last night with the Los Angeles Lakers. So this is officially a league record twenty third season, right, extending the record twenty three seasons now for Lebron. He's played last night eleven points, twelve assists, three rebounds.
Speaker 3: He played thirty minutes.
Speaker 5: The Lakers scored a season high end points one forty to one twenty six over the Jazz forty years old.
Speaker 3: He missed the first fourteen games.
Speaker 5: Because of sciatica, which is that nerve issue that's affected his lower back.
Speaker 3: But he's back.
Speaker 2: Oh my little scene, Bear's got us sciatica.
Speaker 3: That's too bad. What really matters is this? I wonder if any of you know the answer to this.
Speaker 2: Captain Crunch's full name is Captain Crunch. No, he has a last name, realized, his last name is Crunch. He has two names.
Speaker 3: What is his first name? Start?
Speaker 5: So it's just captain and then his first name and then his last name. No, there's two names in between, captain and Crunch. What is it guessable at all?
Speaker 2: James Earl, It's Horatio Magellan and the Magellan part makes sense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's the Horatio reference? Is that some kind of explorer that I'm not familiar with. I thought you could radio No. I thought he would be a well initials thing. Yeah, so no, Like if you rang in and said Captain Crunch, I would say no. If Marny, if Marni said Captain Crunch, I would get Nelson.
Speaker 3: If Marti rang in and said Horatio Sands, you'd go I love Horatio Sands like I takes ass. That is an initials game answer. Nelson is a famous British naval officer, all right, so that's probably it. So a couple of captains well Ratio Magellan.
Speaker 6: Crunch's famous for the Napoleonic horse.
Speaker 9: He captains, a ship called the Guppy. Was born on Crunch Island, a magical island in the Sea of milklo Temp's Milk, with talking, crazy creatures and a mountain which horses, Mount crunch More made out of cap'n crunch cereal.
Speaker 3: I don't know why you'd leave, right, man, cap'n Crunch, whales. What's something they have ever eaten? Crunch? It's pretty good, Peters, but crunch peanut butter crunch is good. There's like eighty versions.
Speaker 5: So the Timberwolves mascot Crunch was named after Nesley Crunch.
Speaker 3: Yes, there was a sponsorship back in the day.
Speaker 10: Was there not?
Speaker 5: I would have I would I would assume I imagining that in my head or is that just the obvious answer? I think you're correct because if that's the same, especially after it's been in the freezer for like six days. But if that sponsorship has ended, Yeah, can we stuck around?
Speaker 3: Can we transition?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 3: Can we transition?
Speaker 5: And then call Crunch the mascot Horatio Magellan Crunch Captain Crunch?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Have you guys ever seen the jobs posted of mascot handlers on mascot handlers?
Speaker 10: They all have handlers, yeah, because they so I had a bit hmm for I think it was like T Mobile or something like a year or two ago at the Mall of America.
Speaker 3: And there they have to be reeled in. They're huge deals. Yeah, like they are. They have like their own people, yeah, a few hands like oh yeah, and we had to wait for him and he was great. They're they're great at what they do, but yeah.
Speaker 6: They I just remember one time I was at an event that it was a reading event that Rudy Cat. I don't remember who else was there, but it was out of elementary school and all these kids are sitting in this gym and they're filling the entire gym, and you know, it's a school gym, has a few basketball hoops, and Crunch like pulls himself on top of the rim and he's standing on top of the rim. There's like children underneath him, and I'm like, if.
Speaker 3: This goes poorly, no, he gets the physics. He took physics and saw, yeah, he gets it. He's from one of those fancy teachers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one of those teachers teaching America or whatever the hell they were called.
Speaker 3: I won't bory with the whole story, Julie, because it's not that great, but you know.
Speaker 5: There's a human in there, right, And I learned that firsthand in my twenties because I got immediately friend zoned by the Timberwolves dancers. But I used to hang out with them a lot. I used to go to like thirty games a year, so I was friends with them. So we went downtown and the guy who was Crunch at the time, great dude, yep.
Speaker 3: We left the bar at.
Speaker 2: Bar clothes and there were some gentlemen given the Timberwolves dancers a little too much lip, if you will, wouldn't quite get out of their safe space.
Speaker 3: And I watched the human version of Crunch matrix.
Speaker 5: This dude two hand pushed to his chest and that I've never seen a guy fly farther from a push than Crunch launching, launching this guy into a snowbank. And then a fight broke out, and like the bouncers from across the street had to come over and break it up. And of course I was like, come up me, girls, I'll save you. Of course, to Mont, I'm not fighting, like get over here, get behind me, and then let's just run.
Speaker 3: And you screamed and ran and yeah, like a.
Speaker 2: Crunch will save us, Horatio Magellan, Crunch will save us at exactly was like a gymnast.
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, he just launched this dude. It was awesome, awesome. Yeah, there was some shootings afterwards. Crunch didn't shoot anybody, No, it felt like slow motion though, it just just you know, the full like flying backwards feet almost like horizontal with the ground. Just awesome, man, greasy. Yeah, you gotta be really athletic to be a lot of those.
Speaker 3: Do you have to do all that gymnastics stuff in that huge costume?
Speaker 5: Can't be easy? No, yeah, what if John Roethlisberger was ever a mass ads brother?
Speaker 3: Is it my turn? Yeah? All right, Lebron James story number two, Just for sauce. What do you think of this? Saucy Saucerson.
Speaker 5: Lebron James says he is closing the door on the possibility of playing in the twenty twenty eight Olympics. When asked about if he's gonna play in twenty eight, he said, you already know my answer.
Speaker 3: I'll be watching it. Oh.
Speaker 5: He will be forty three during the twenty twenty eight Olympics, So he claims it ain't happening. That's what he says. You know, things can change, just Lebron, he claims it's not happening. However, Steph Curry will only be forty by the twenty twenty eight Olympics. He's not completely shutting the door. He just says it's unlikely and quote, I highly doubt it. So Curry saying bet the house that I won't be there. But it's not one hundred percent Lebron's claiming he's going to be at home watching it.
Speaker 2: Man, that would mean in twenty twenty eight, Ant will be a starter on the Oh, there's no doubt. Yeah, yeah, Yeah, that's that's prime Ant too.
Speaker 3: I mean already you could argue he should have been a starter. Yeah last time.
Speaker 5: Although I didn't need him, they wanted without him. That's cool, and Steph and Lebron were two of the big reasons why they won. Yeah, but what really matters is this ant don't have what.
Speaker 3: The brain? Nope, I'm gonna go ears, no eyes, no parts, no brains, no genitals, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Ants don't have souls. No, ants don't have a stomach, no internal something internal or external. They don't have lungs. They don't have Yes, they don't they don't have lungs.
Speaker 3: Any other guests is Rosie the beaver Mark grow guess jenital They don't have lungs? What reprotector? Enough, let's go to dunkers. Yeah, did not know lungs? How about that?
Speaker 5: But how I don't Hello, police say that around two hundred thousand dollars in property was stolen from the home of Brown's quarterback Shuduur Sanders during the Browns game on Sunday. Three suspects and gloves and masks broke into his house. There's security footage on his camera. I hope you guys didn't read this, Julie. I'm a big fan of the movie Point Break.
Speaker 2: I wanted to rob Banks since I was eleven years old because I saw it's not Patrick Swayzee.
Speaker 3: Do it your heist.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want to be a part of the heist, specifically Banks, but whatever, I'll rob whatever I want.
Speaker 3: Whether it's the Louver or a bank, I don't care. Yeah, they really step it up.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 5: These guys though, broke into the home of Shuduur Sanders while he was gone, with a trend we've seen over the last handful of years of athletes homes getting can into all they're on the road, plane sports.
Speaker 3: And everybody knows where they are. They were in and out of the house in How long?
Speaker 5: How long were the suspects in Shador Sanders's home to seal two hundred K worth of property?
Speaker 3: Three minutes?
Speaker 2: Three minutes, Zachary, I'm gonna go five five minutes, ninety seconds, ninety seconds. Right, even if he's gone, you should assume this is an athlete's home. He's got to have a security system, right.
Speaker 3: They can't do that, right, We.
Speaker 5: Got to get in and out because who knows how fast the police are going to respond. In fact, a good Heights team would know exactly the police response time. Yeah, and I would argue, maybe set up a distraction, like start a fire on the other side of town. Just an idea answer the answers. Twelve minutes they were in and out. Twelve minutes. That's that's longer than I would want to be in an athlete home without thinking that the police are going to be notified by some security measure of some kind.
Speaker 3: But twelve minutes in and out, geez, I wonder what they took two hundred I mean, I'm just thinking, like, you take.
Speaker 5: One watch and it's two hundred though, I gotta be jewelry, right, watches exactly?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're not taking like a.
Speaker 5: Restoration hardware couch that's worth nine grand, right, you don't have time for that, right, that's a long project. No, it's got to be a grab and go. Yeah, man, what really matters, though, Is this the surface of the sun is around blank degrees? Fahrenhem, I mean this is this number is so astronomical. I can't even I don't even know where to start.
Speaker 2: A million ga Jillia. No, it's not as astronomical as you think.
Speaker 3: I bet it's something like it's the very definition of astronomical. Yeah, well said I gain.
Speaker 5: I feel like whatever number we say is going to be So it's okay, I'm just five. That's I was in the four thousand range. But now I don't feel like that's enough. But I'll say forty two hundred. I'll stick with my original two thousand degrees them, she said, five, five, ten thousand degrees. Our guess wasn't bad. No, in the big scheme of things, It's not like we guessed one point six million degrees.
Speaker 3: We were in the thousands. That's the right, Gillian kajillion? Right? Was that right?
Speaker 5: Would you rather eat a deep fried mushroom or have part of the sun touch your arm?
Speaker 3: Deep fried mustroom, deep fried mushroom? It would burn your They won't do it.
Speaker 2: Corey Saity'd rather have a lit cigarette put on him than eat a deep fried mushroom.
Speaker 3: You never had one, never need any of that. You don't like mushrooms? Oh man, we haven't talked enough to We don't have enough time to go. You've never had a piece of pizza. Name of food, I probably have never had it. Believer, you're like a chicken and fries kind of guy.
Speaker 5: Mark, I'm not like a chicken tenders and fries kind of guy. I am a chicken tenders and fries.
Speaker 3: There's so much in the world.
Speaker 5: Try you want to watch me projectile vomit like freaking Kerman on The Conan Show.
Speaker 3: And sure, somebody does. Name of food, but I name of food.
Speaker 5: There's a ninety eight percent chance I've never had to throw up stuff?
Speaker 3: You have bad gag reflex?
Speaker 2: What about the books, ma'am Rosie, Like I'm talking the most common Like I've never had a hamburger, never.
Speaker 3: Had a hot talk, never had a piece of pizza. Never, So you just like threw up over all these things or what?
Speaker 5: Yeah, my childhood was pretty rough from a perspective, A plus childhood perfect was a bad cook. No, the opposite. My sister's completely normal. She's like a normal person.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 5: And my daughter's a freak too. She's she's ninety five percent like me. Oh yeah, it's genetic.
Speaker 3: I bet you don't get blame for that.
Speaker 8: Nope, Patress, ever my fault. I'm the complete opposite. I don't try anything I wish. I obviously wish I could do that. You only live once. It'd be super nice to be able to try everything and travel and not have.
Speaker 2: To worry about food. But Nope, that is not the way it is, Bummer. And for the people that are like, well, want to just tough it out, why you just do it? My body does not give me the choice.
Speaker 5: Anybody that's ever seen me try, I will get I go stark white, whiter than this and this is which is as white as a gainst.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and see.
Speaker 5: I will almost throw up before I even try the food that I'm thinking about trying. It's like I can already feel the vomit starting to bubble up. It's a psychological food. Yeah, yeah, it's called ar FID. When I was younger, they didn't have a name for it. They just said this kid's a free k girl out of it. Now that my daughter's going through it, they just now they have a name for it. When I was ten years old.
Speaker 3: They didn't.
Speaker 2: They just thought it was like extreme picky eating. Now there's a name for it.
Speaker 3: So what do you eat every day?
Speaker 5: But Mark, I just do another speech at Dunkers Man. We'll do the news in a second, more with Julia Daniels. We think Parker later, we think Adre later, who knows? Text have it and tell you Tell Chad if you're gonna be on the show later, Audre and Parker.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Parker is here.
Speaker 5: We'll still text Chad, text him Yeah, he likes human interaction. This is the power Trip Morning Show on the Fan.