Speaker 1: Weather continuing.
Speaker 2: Christmas Week is upon us sterling in rolling till six check after that, and those sax men playing some hopes at Georgetown later on. Right here on seven hundred WLW, I you doing It's sterling update from Brady Hopkins and news about twenty three minutes away.
Speaker 1: Sean McMahon keeping me in line.
Speaker 2: Later on, we'll talk to a guy who knows a little something about therapy and living better and controlling our emotions, and apparently cursing and screaming can be a benefit, probably not publicly, that'll get you locked up stared at her. Otherwise perhaps medicated in some fashion, but we'll pick his brain in a bit. I want to start with something that is top of mind. You just heard Brady mention it in the news, which is the change in the law when it comes to legal weed and so forth. And you're free to sound off on it, whether you're happy about the changes or against them. Certainly a lot of people in business of it. But I have a funny, strange, weird story. A buddy of mine out walking his dog yesterday and apparently still dealing with problems of it today, and he tells me he's got a problem with the dog, and it stinks and it's a major issue. Initially, he thought, when he was in an area park, let's just say that when the dog was out and about, he had apparently off the lead, which I guess you can do. I can't trust my dog that way except in my yard. But he had been in the wooded area and apparently nearby there are some houses, and apparently he regularly smells people smoking the weed, the ganja, the kind whatever, the icky sticky, the marijuana, the cannabis. There are so many names, and he didn't think much of it. And then his dog, rummaging through the wooded area and in and around the park space, gets to him, and apparently it was not the weed. It was a skunk or skunks, I don't know, maybe protecting it's dan out and about. I was pretty sure skunk's hibernated. I don't know much about them. I've only encountered one up close that my dog found has been a couple of years ago, and there was no sharing of the stink, as they do I guess, to protect themselves into a ward off danger. But now he's been navigating the get rid of the skunk smell on the dog, which I told him, which I have been told previously, that like a tomato juice or V eight juice or something like that may somehow get rid of some of that smell if you don't have a neutralizer or some other type. But I thought it was funny that he was so conditioned and used to smelling the weed smoke that he just assumed that it was people nearby smoking out rather than his dog encountering a skunk. But he found out the hard way that the skunks don't hibernate, which now I know, and is navigating the cleanliness issue. I'm wondering, are things better or worse in the midst of all of the shopping out and about a lot of people in a lot of places, I do smell it a lot. I know a lot of people complain about that being a problem. One of the reasons that I think there was an effort to maybe tighten up some of the legislation of it, but doing it in public and all the stuff that sort of goes along with that, some common sense stuff. When it comes to handling yourself behind the wheel of a vehicle, it's common sense, really. I mean, if it's something that alters your sensibility, and to get you high or drunk, for one of a better way to describe it, then you know you probably ought to get a ride rather than getting behind the wheel of a car. Five point three seven nine eight hundred the big one. I'm just wondering how prolific is the smell of it when you're out and about right now, in the midst of your holily shopping, gathering things for people that you love and carry about, or maybe just on the road trying to get to Grandma's house or wherever it is that you have to go on this Christmas week. I know a lot of people heading off on vacation and so forth this weekend and certainly this coming week as well. But I found it interesting because he was complaining. He's all about, like I am, the idea of people to be free to handle their business appropriately as long as you're not bothering anybody else, which seems to be a fairly common sense, sort of libertarian conservative mindset. But the idea of tightening up legislation and access points to some of the cannabis products certainly brings a little of that attention to many others that are out there. Five three seven four nine, seven, eight hundred, the big one, your chance to get interactive. It's a strange time. I know people that are in the business of getting out and about and gathering, like shopping, personal shopping for people and.
Speaker 1: Enjoying.
Speaker 2: I guess this season of finding a big pick up sort of last minute gift giving, that sort of goes along with that. And they have said a little bit a delivery obviously home delivery aside from that, but with a personal shopper scenario. Apparently he's picked up two for certain people, which is kind of nice and kind of a different vibe. That sort of goes along with that overall other stuff in the news too. I talked about this last night and it got a little weird. Sean McMahon, who's producing, certainly knows that intimately at this point, since he was screening phone calls in the news that all the Epstein files, at least some of them, I should say, they were all supposed to be released as of midnight twelve oh one today, late last night, not going to happen. Not all out there still redacted, and a lot of people sort of dissatisfied with what has been shared with those apparently involved with Epstein in some fashion, either going to the island, hanging out, traveling, socializing, whether it's former President Clinton current President Trump. Of course, we know that nothing insidious has been involved with him, they say, but apparently missing in a lot of these documents generally and some people eyes and a whole other bunch of notables from Michael Jackson, which I thought was wild Ferguson, one of the so called royals, I think by marriage certainly her brother in law or whatever found himself in trouble and lost some of whatever shine. That is a part of that, with the British royal family and a lot of others.
Speaker 1: A part of that.
Speaker 2: What I find interesting is the attitude some people have, and it came out last night and I don't know where this comes in, that it was downplayed and acted in many cases, that people didn't think it's that big of a deal, and that these are consenting women and children effectively a part of what was in the news, and a part of this going back even to the nineties with some of the complaints that took forever to have any retribution, investigation and positive outcome with Epstein being locked up. Maxwell of course, now in the country of prison after sharing more information with the Department of Justice. But a lot of people want some type of justice, some type of retribution for all these victims, and of course the redaction is supposed to be to protect them, but a lot of people are questioning what actually is in there and what the point of this is at this point in time. And you just heard in the news about a sex trafficking and abuse issue in and around the Try State in dealing with that. So I'm wondering, one, are you happy with how this is progressing? Is this nothing to you? Does it not matter at all? Because it's a very uncomfortable thought. But holiday time, maybe even more so as people are getting together. The idea of people being victimized power, authority control. It happens a lot of times with runaways. You may see a lot of that in the news and people go, well, you know, they put themselves in that situation or whatever. But talking about eleven to eighteen year olds, eleven to seventeen year olds, they're not in a position to make that choice for themselves. Most people wouldn't think, generally if it was your daughter or your sister, or you know, in the past, maybe your mother or whatever, your aunt, someone you care about, wife, girlfriend, or otherwise suffering through that indignity and that abuse. I think it's a client kind of clear. One of the other things that has come up as well, the age of consent in some places sixteen previously fourteen in some states, where someone could say, yeah, okay, they could get married in the thought with that one, that's kind of creepy and strange. But generations ago, of course, we didn't live as long. If you made forty or forty five, you were aged, you were old, and we pumped out a lot more kids because they didn't all survive and you needed help. But the days of fourteen year olds being married generally, certainly hopefully in the past, and certainly even arguably sixteen year olds. But the idea that they could be hoisted up, transported across state lines to a foreign land, an island, or otherwise and traded and abused sadly not surprising. But the level of attention initially shown to this to where we are now is what I find to be very very bewildering. In some fashion, people are very vocal about it, and it seemed to be very much a partisan issue in some cases, and I don't want this to play into politics, but this is about individuals and their well being and vindication for the abuse that dealt with and hopefully some type of penalties. But I guess if there's no evidence, specifically in the time window between the initial holding of documents and investigation and the talk of it being shared and the talk of it in part to be a part of what really garnered some votes and being a very serious issue, some of that has died down some. So I'm just wondering, as a mother, as a father, just as a person, are you happy with what we're seeing with the release of these documents. Do you see there being any type of real, legitimate justice associated with this or is this all nothing? And you know these women now, but girls at the time, children in many cases who suffered through this. The indignity of it, the marginalizing of it, and somehow the finger of blame like it must be their fault that they were in this circumstance is challenging, I think overall. So I want to know what you think, the good, the bad, the ugly of it. It's your chance to speak your mind. We'll see if the truth comes out any more than it is. I guess from the beginning of time, there has been a use and abuse of other individuals by those that are stronger or in positions of power and authority of means or otherwise, whether it's a sex trade or slavery, or or whatever else that goes along with it. Five one, three, seven, four, nine hundred The Big One. It's Stirling on a Saturday afternoon. Let's get Rick and Dallas first, and your chance to speak your mind on the Big One as well.
Speaker 1: Rick, how are you? How's everything?
Speaker 3: Oh? Fine? Thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, Merry Christmas. It's been a while. What's on your mind?
Speaker 3: I'm going to tabman on your your subject there? Yeah, but what you trying to change the subject. But I'll talk talk about that.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: The military have a huge problem in that area, especially in the upper rights, especially in the Air force.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, I mean as far as.
Speaker 5: Talib me.
Speaker 3: So they kind of stuff, okay, you fall in and so forth, and it's covered up.
Speaker 1: That doesn't sound good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's covered up, especially the upper rights, because I mean, let's say you got some people that come out of the academy, come out of the set of the academies that get caught or they're gonna be protected. I mean, there's no doubt about it. I mean, they're gonna be covered up. Uh, and you're gonna go right under up the rank too.
Speaker 2: Do you think that this is the release of this information as we see it, or more and more of it's coming out these photos or whatever? I mean, are we gonna really get to the bottom of it. Are they gonna really see some type of justice for their paying their suffering and what they've had to endure or is this just all politics and show?
Speaker 3: Well right now, it's just politics. So and it may come more to the service because you know how that goes as soon as uh if this is the flavor of the week right now, where it's gonna be talked about a lot, and it's not gonna change anything. Uh, I mean, you're still gonna have a lot of folks being protected. I mean, look at the politics was going on in the White House. Yeah, you know, there's gonna be a lot of protection there.
Speaker 2: It's interesting the way it plays out. Yeah, it's challenging. Well, so you're not optimistic at all about this? I got you, Rick, Now, I appreciate the comment. I hope you do have a great holiday, Christmas time, New Years, And I know in the growing.
Speaker 3: Up it was all a lot of It's not just in upper levels.
Speaker 1: It said your old backyard. Oh of course it is. Yeah, you hear about it all the time. It's just to the news.
Speaker 2: You'll hear an update about a local situation like this here coming up in about nine minutes with the Brady Hopkins. But I mean you hear about people know that I'm from the hotel motel to hotel here or whatever else all the time, kids who have run away or otherwise.
Speaker 3: And I was exposed to just working on on a silly gas station job.
Speaker 1: The owner was the biggest one.
Speaker 3: He was chatting to unless people on that job, and this was like this happened, you know, fifty years ago, right, so then you can and escape. I guess it's always been there. Where you go back to the town, the scene, it will go out on me, and you know, it's.
Speaker 2: A it's a human conditioned thing. I suppose it sort of goes along with that.
Speaker 6: Rick.
Speaker 2: Good to talk to you, man, I think you're right. Tom seven hundred w W was sterling, what's going.
Speaker 6: On all right?
Speaker 4: So I'm good to listen to you. I go back to your dayton O higher days.
Speaker 1: Appreciate old Wazoo and Tu for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, I agree with the last gentleman in large extent. I don't think you're going to see the people who are actually responsible for this happening suffering any repercussions that all. At most maybe the young ladies the women now who are the victims will will see some kind of justice in terms of money, even though that's not going to take care of the situation for them. But I just think too many people, and it's not political in that it's one party and not another. There are people from all walks of very wealthy life in the United States and other places that are involved in this, and those people are going to be protected. There's no way they're not going to be protected.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you're a means you can certainly, you know, provide a buffer and a motivation for other people to obviously do what they can to insulate you. And that's that's unfortunate, right, And.
Speaker 4: It's a very difficult pill for Americans and people from England where I grew up learning to swallow. There are people who simply aren't going to suffer the consequences because of their their wealth and their influence, and as long as people who are in one party are going to claim it's the residue of the other party and vice versa, it's never going to be taken care of. And I think it's a shame.
Speaker 1: I do too. It's a human condition issue.
Speaker 2: I think to a great extent too, Tom, I appreciate the comment, Thanks for listening in the kind words. Five point three seven hundred The Big One. Lots of other stuff to get to, but I figured we had to sort of mention this. I'd like to hear from women on it. So if you're out in about five one, three seven four nine, seven eight hundred the Big One, the iHeart Radio app, if you're streaming there or they don't have the ability to hold on long click on that microphone, you can leave a message there or at Sterling Radio on x as well. Three third report coming up. Shaw McMahon producing Brady Hopkins has news and the power Ball is up to a billion and a half dollars. We'll talk on that in a bit. I guess you got to be in it to win into the very low dollar, not quite as big. Mega millions too is out there, so I guess this would handle some holiday gift giving some Christmas time and otherwise hang out Sterling Saturday Afternoon, seven hundred WLW. You know, the off air conversations are sometimes meatier than what's on the air. How you're doing at Sterling's Saturday afternoon, Christmas Week in full effect, people hitting the road, hitting the stores, buying locally, helping the economy, hopefully having a great day. Glad you're along about twenty minutes away from your four o'clock report later. You know, the language is important, and all those words that when you were a kid you may have been like me if you said them when you shouldn't have set him. I immediately think of a Christmas story and the kid in the you have to wash your mouth out with soap kit or whatever deal. I flashed back to those times. But apparently there's research that says that that, as well as maybe scream therapy and stuff, could be a benefit to you. Maybe if you're dealing with traffic and people driving around confused and not, you know, paying attention to what they're doing, you might be feeling that right now behind the wheel. I'll get an expert on the healthy living coming up after five o'clock on that other stuff to get to as well. Been talking about Epstein's files. We'll get layer in some other stuff. I don't want to dwell on that too much, but Ryan's been holding the longest. We'll get to him in room for you five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred, the big one. And then I want to also try something else, the all fair conversation I'm talking about, and I've done this with friends in the past. I think we can do this on the radio two. If you could see any historical figure or figures in a fight, in a boxing match of some type, who would you want to see and who would you pick the win? And the reason I bring that up right here and right now is Jake Paul getting knocked out as the crowd booed at what was a laugh of a fight against Anthony Joshua, who, by the way, is a real prime of his life kind of boxer handling his business. And if the numbers are right, the share of the payoff of this, and I've seen two numbers, and who knows how legitimate they are. The Tyson fight, which was sad and I was all about Mike Tyson, hopefully you beaten down Jake Paul, but it didn't happen. They got like twenty million dollars I think is what he got for that. Supposedly, one report says somewhere in the neighborhood of splitting one hundred and eighty four million dollars US between these guys, Jake Paul and Anthony Joshua. Another number I saw was two hundred and sixty seven million, which I can't even process the possibility of that being legit. I don't know what you would do with that kind of money. Then there's the power Ball tonight, which we'll touch on a bit later as well. Five one, three, seven hundred, the Big One, historical figures going toe to toe, throwing down. If you could see and pick a matchup, who would it be your chance to get interactive?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: Ryan Richard and others coming up? Ryan, I appreciate you holding. How are you westerling on the Big One?
Speaker 6: Good man?
Speaker 1: I I'm well, I have no complaints. It's a beautiful day.
Speaker 7: It is a beautiful day.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 7: The last car you're you're expert whoever you had talking basically, you know, made the clear points that you know, wealth and power basically control everything, even the laws. So Epstein wasn't ever held accountable the first time he got off with being labeled to sex defender and wants allowed to continue. He should have been under you know, watch from then and then recently, you know, Trump's personal lawyer, ex personal lawyer visits his right hand person in prison, and now she's now and less secure prison and when asked if potentially pardoning her, he said, it's not off the table. So, I mean, it just shows you where in the country we're headed. We're letting people off the hook. He just parted El Chappa, who murdered thousands of people and smuggled billions of dollars with a drugs in or country for decades. It's just all hell's broken lifts.
Speaker 2: So if you're a family member or one of these victims who, by the way, in the release of some of the stuff that is not entire entirely done, I mean it wasn't even but not even half they say, apparently they didn't actually fully redact all of these victims even so, I mean, it seems really haphazard in almost like anything and everything they could do to not do it, even though that was an element of what was, you know, behind a lot of people going to the ballot box. It's it's kind of sad and bewildering. I think, really, I think.
Speaker 8: That should have been done years ago when it was made evidence that it was, that it was available. The fact that it's been kept behind lock and key and now been redacted and obviously not redacted properly to protect the victims.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, this whole thing that, I mean, it's it's a it's a pretty you know, it's a bad job all the way around on everybody's part. He's handled this from the first time he was ever caught touching a child. He should have never stopt.
Speaker 9: The white a day.
Speaker 2: Again, I don't disagree with it, Ryan, I want to switch this a little bit. I know this is not why you call it, but going to ask because we were talking off to hear about it, and for some reason it just makes me laugh and feel good.
Speaker 1: And I'm all about that right now.
Speaker 2: So, if you could pick any historical figures to face off in the square circle or otherwise and throw down in some type of fight, who would you pick?
Speaker 1: And why?
Speaker 7: Ooh uh, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Producing said Teddy Rose about and I don't think he cared, you don't. I don't think he cared who he fought. He just thought he'd like to see Teddy Rose about fight, which I think is kind of hilarious too. Gengis Kahan and General Saden Ooh and what type of fight and hand to hands, hand to hand that'd be good? Yeah, that that'd be a pay per view. I would pay to see that, Yeah, I know, I definitely would.
Speaker 7: That's the man himself. And then you got the wild and crazy Mongolian. You know that's going to death.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: There's a whole lot of carnage in the history, at least in part of both of those, one for good and one for I don't even know what historically, Ryan, I appreciate the call that thanks for being a part of the show.
Speaker 7: Have a good holiday man.
Speaker 2: You too, take care of yourself. Happy New Year, Christmas, Kwanta, Hanka, whatever you embrace. I hope it's a good one. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred, the Big One. Always good to talk to our friend Richard from Dayton, some call him Dick. What's going on? If you could have historical figures throwing down face to face in a bad Royale if you will, or some type of no holds barred deal.
Speaker 1: Who would you pay?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 9: Well, you know, Sean more or less said, I think what may be back to Roosevelt, you know, and who.
Speaker 2: Would Roosevelt be facing off against Alexander the Great?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I would enter the Great.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I'm glad I answered that for you. All right, Okay, anything else?
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, merry Christmas survey and hope to you know, maybe see you this year. Sometime we'll get together.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 2: There you go. We're out and about. Maybe we'll see a Redsfest or something that's coming up pretty fast. It's been a while since.
Speaker 9: Always a pleasure, sir, you're a great man.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, Richard. I appreciate the call man. Thanks for being a part of the show. Five point three seven four nine seven eight hundred. The Big One alex says his namesake, Alexander the Great, Uh would be strong and he doesn't care. This is wrong? He said, what about Jesus. Jesus was a pacifist, right. Jesus was was not about like fighting. It was it was turning the other cheek and try to live, right. I think that would be kind of wrong. But you would maybe have hell fire and brimstone, and bad things might happen to you down the line. I think the only thing he fought was the taxpayer tables in the temple, right, that's true.
Speaker 1: Flip flip the tables in the temple. That's true, that's correct, it did that. I guess he won that.
Speaker 2: Fight then, right, exactly right, and then the fight for all of us in some fashion too. So yeah, that's a pretty serious thing. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred the big one, Alex, thanks, I appreciate that as well, and Shaun McMahon chime in in as well. That would be kind of wild historical figures going at it. And I remember after the movie Fight Club came out, which is still, by the way, a great watch. In the book by Chuck Polanik is tremendous as well, But this was a fairly common conversation and I think it may have actually been a part of that there. But that's when my buddies and I started really thinking about that kind of scenario. Except I wasn't necessarily trying to fight any historical figure. I was just seeing facing off one historical figure against another. I thought that would be fantastic. I wouldn't even mind mixing like time and place in circumstance. If you could be like doctor Who and you know, and go from one time to another. If you could say Mike Tyson fighting Muhammad Ali in his prime. But I mean that's but those are fighters and it's a different kind of scenario. But how awesome would that be? I mean, seriously, if I won three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand, eight hundred, the Big One, your chance to get interactive on this? I think I think it'd be pretty good. Another one here, Alice, not Alex, but Alice uh in Westchester said what about the late great Andre the Giant? But no no one to fight Andre? I think that would be fantastic. He was a super sized human being. I got fortunate enough when I was working at her arena as a teenager, working as basically an usher for some of those wrestling shows and even the TV tapings where he was around. I didn't really talk to him other than a nod and he sort of like mumbled something. But he was huge, and just to why in real life scenario hard hard to imagine anybody really beating him in his prime and in health getting around and so forth. But yeah, Alice, thanks, I think that's pretty good. And now this gets wrong, and all of a sudden at Sterling Radio on X you start seeing some weirdness here.
Speaker 1: This is bizarre.
Speaker 2: And I so Stephen Hawking, and I assume before his health problems, I don't know how how that would go if he would run you over in the chair or something along those lines.
Speaker 1: Again not giving me.
Speaker 2: His opponent, but just saying that they'd like to see Stephen Hawking like fighting somebody, which would be interesting. I mean, if if he was able bodied and get into it, that'd be fine. Or I mean, I can tell you from my days at Wright State in the tunnels in the winter, especially people trying to get to class in a chair. Otherwise get out of the way. Everybody's trying to get where they have to go, So I mean there's no question, uh you know, in a chair, out of a chair. People do what they have to do to get through life and handle themselves. So I mean, I think, all things being equal, that would be pretty good. I like that five point three seven four nine eight hundred, the big One facing off against anyone historical figures. Who would you like to see to Clifton and Corey was Sterling on seven hundred double ULW do you have two opponents or just one? It seems like everybody who's messaging just has one.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. If I wasn't clear, they couldn't think of somebody else to go at it. I don't know. We've we've got the Burger King, oh versus Ronald McDonald.
Speaker 2: Oh, that would be awesome, yeah, because you see you'd see the clown and then the King going at it, and the King those ads they ran for a while where he'd show up and he had almost like the Joker face kind of scenario mask.
Speaker 1: That was very intimidating to me.
Speaker 5: I think Granma McDonald has a couple, uh, somebody who had sat the Hamburglar would help them out.
Speaker 7: Grimace would help them out.
Speaker 1: It goes sideways that, Yeah, I could totally see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see people like throwing in like you know, dust from the side of the ring or otherwise. It could get nasty really fast. But I find it, I find it heart of I can't imagine Ronald McDonald actually not fighting fair, but I could certainly see the Hamburglar otherwise or Grimace could just get in and sort of hug everybody out and bring the lupo.
Speaker 5: I also had, uh if you remember Alf the alien?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, versus.
Speaker 2: Versus ET that would be strong, yeah, because you're mixing extraterrestrial lives that ended up on big screens and little screens on planet Earth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Corey, that's tremendous man. Thank you.
Speaker 2: That right there made my day. Have a great holiday. That's tremendous. Et And now facing off, and I know Alf is streaming someplace right now, somewhere in one of my TVs. You flip on the guide that comes with the TV and there's like a whole channel. I think it's just out twenty four to seven, which is impressive. Mike, at your turn with Sterling on the big one. Any historical figures going at it? Who would you like to see face off?
Speaker 3: All right, let's go with mister t vers Kimbo Swice.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's another.
Speaker 8: That'd be a burtal one.
Speaker 1: It really would.
Speaker 2: That's another level kind of scenario now, you mean like a real like boxing match or like anything.
Speaker 1: Goes straight up or knuckle let's go. I'm for that, Mike. I like it, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could see that you know, one of those scenarios like golden gloves or whatever else. I remember being a part of those things too, And I didn't fight. I just like watched. It's always nice to Florence and Todd was sterling on the big one. Hey, man, historical fighting figures or figures that we'd like to see fight like rock 'em sock them robots. There's a callback? What do you have, Tod? Hey, Todd, are you there once?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hey man, if your turn, buddy. I'm sorry, I don't know if you heard me. I was earn for a minute.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, Hey, how about h David Ross versus Sammy Hagar.
Speaker 10: You got David Lee.
Speaker 8: Rosso's a third degree black belt and you got Sammy Hagar, who's a former boxer. So you got Van Halen, the greatest band of all time versus Van Hagar, a soci band.
Speaker 2: For a while, I loved them both. I mean, they're different animals literally and figuratively. But I think here's the question, though, you talking about in their prime as the two guys now though in their mid to late seventies.
Speaker 9: They're prime.
Speaker 7: They're prime, all right, Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: I think they came really close to that when they toured together. They did that Sam and Dave tour maybe what fifteen years ago or so.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Yeah, they didn't get along too well on that tour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great, great show, but yeah, it seemed like there were some still lingering hostilities, which I don't know why they you know, they would not like each other.
Speaker 1: But what are you gonna do? Todd?
Speaker 2: That's tremendous, Thank you man. That that that's fantastic. I like both of those. Sam and Dave facing off to Loveland and Jeff was sterling on the big one arcle figures big small now later anytime getting it on.
Speaker 1: Who would you like to see fight?
Speaker 7: How about Emmanuel Lewis Webster and Arnold from different strokes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that would be good. I mean they're both in the same weight class, I would think at the time, and obviously as long as Gary Coleman was healthy, because I know he had kidney issues and so forth, I think that'd be a great matchup.
Speaker 1: That'd be nice. That's that.
Speaker 8: I was gonna say, Sammy and Dave and I got stolen from me, so I had to come up with something really quick.
Speaker 1: But that's all right.
Speaker 2: Both of those are strong either way, and see you talk about pay per view, I think that would have been better than last night's match, although I think I was seeing Jake Paul to get a beat down was kind of a validating in some fashion. Why did I enjoy that? The just the idea? But I haven't seen the replay just highlights. Why is it that I somehow enjoyed the fact that Jake Paul got knocked out? That's not right?
Speaker 10: Is it?
Speaker 8: We all enjoyed that idea?
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's not just me. Is it a sickness or is it a healthy thing?
Speaker 5: That's just a natural feeling?
Speaker 2: All right, all right, Jeff, I appreciate it, Rob, Mike, others. Coming up a bit late straight away, Bradley Brady Hopkins has news your four o'clock reports straight away, Lots more to do to Saturday, Sterling, Where the Who they play tomorrow in Miami where it'll be summertime. You'll hear it here on the Big One and the X Men get it on at Georgetown here later too, seven hundred WLW afternoon, Glad you're along the Nation station seven hundred WLW. I'm Sterling. Sean McMahon over on the others, he's I have a window into the hallway, and he's over somewhere. I don't I got to walk to find him. And he's produced and keeping us on time and in line hopefully. And you've got Brady Hopkins with news coming up about twenty one minutes or so, and in the distance Chick Ludwig and to Xavier basketball all that, and then Bengals tomorrow basketball, Bearcats in action tomorrow too. It's all happening in a big powerball jackpot, super big money.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you do with it.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I would do with it, but it's out there and apparently still up for grabs, and I want to let me just update this and make sure I have the right number. It is still estimated at one hundred and fifty well, I'm sorry, one billion and a half dollars. That is a billion and five hundred million US dollars cash cash value would be six hundred and eighty nine million, three one hundred thousand dollars if you didn't take the annuity. It's a six hours, forty eight minutes, forty five seconds from now for the drawing, so I guess you got to be in it to win it. That would cover holiday costs, that would cover vacation. That would I would have to work really hard to spend all that money, and I would be helping a whole lot of people along the way. But if I could keep my identity hidden to keep the leeches and the sucubus away, because you know that of the would work like termites. They'd be out there looking to cash in as well. So if you hopefully you get some luck with that and maybe cash in mega millions last night apparently did not have a winner either, and Jackpot now has estimated at a hundred mil for that and the next one on that is Tuesday. That'll cover gifts and taxes, probably a forty five and a half million dollar cash option. I would I would even be able to handle a living on that probably. I mean, you know, I've been told I am cheap. I prefer to use the term frugal. But that's just me a good bit of ground to cover. But it sort of seems to be sort of some fun and it was sort of an off the cuff kind of beginning thinking about that Jake Paul fight last night and how he got knocked out.
Speaker 1: Finally, yes, that's exactly right.
Speaker 2: And for some reason, and I find I'm not the only one, but I feel wrong and somehow celebrating and being happy that he got beaten and knocked out by Anthony Joshua. Whether they shared the money or otherwise, good for them that fight down in Miami last night. Bengals in action tomorrow in Miami. Maybe they'll find a way to put it together and whin. They got a rookie quarterback that they're going to face it and we'll see how it goes. They looked lifeless offensively, and the defense has been suspect most of the season. But that's tomorrow here on the Big One. And you know, I'm born a Bengals fan. You can't help it. It's just you hope. You just hope, and we live better through lowered expectations, right, I mean, this is just sort of how that plays out. Five point three seven four nine seven eight hundred, the Big One. We were talking about that fight, and then I started thinking, and it's a conversation that I think a lot of people have, which is a historical figures fighting or fighting historical figures. I'm not trying to fight if I don't have to. I mean, I don't I don't like to get hurt, but you know what I mean, It's just one of those things. But I like to see some other people throw down on occasion. So I'm wondering what historical figures you would like to see face off in. Some of these have been great. And let me my screen went dark here, let's see here. Just had a new message on this guy by the name Ea skellem him or something like that on X said mister Rogers and Bob Ross, And you know, thinking about that, both of them are no longer with us, but clearly I think that would have been a fantastic fight. You had Bob Ross with that white man fro and you had mister Rogers, who, of course, being sort of a minister and a guy, was great helping kids. And I was a big mister Rogers fan as a kid coming up watching him on like CET and stuff. And I have to say, at some point, though, you get to a certain age and then it was like the he kind of creeped me out. And then I said that, and people acted like I was talking bad about the Lord above or something.
Speaker 1: For a while They're like, how dare you?
Speaker 2: And then I came back around to appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Just you get to a.
Speaker 2: Certain agent, it was on to the next thing, you know, maybe for the Electric Company or Zoom or Sesame Street, or maybe just out in the world and so on. And before we get to these calls, I got Dave and Rob and Greg and Nelson.
Speaker 1: I think it's first when we get to it.
Speaker 2: Here in just a second in room for you one three, seven four nine, seven thousand, eight hundred, the big one. You can talk back on the iHeartRadio app as well. Get yourself a chance to get interactive too. And this is a bit of a call back in time. But if you're someone from the tri State, the Miami Valley, Cincinnati, Dayton, Florence, I mean defending the footprint pretty large actually. And this is wild Max on the West Side, which I don't know if that means Pryce Hill or where that means, but either way, on the West side, Max says the cool Ghul, which was a guy who used being like gold. You remember if you don't, I know Sean mac Mans like dude that was Troublink, just search it on YouTube. And doctor Creep who did the shock theater in Dayton, and I'm thinking about that that would be tremendous. The cool Ghul back in the day, and the late great Troy Hobart, which was doctor Creep. I think that that would be fantastic. So thank you Max your chance to get an interactive as well, Nelson, and then Dave and Greg and Rob in room for you. And I'd like to hear from some ladies, because I know ladies like the fights too. Sometimes they like to fight and throw down themselves. You got historical figures you think would be good on a bill at some point facing off?
Speaker 10: Maybe?
Speaker 5: Sure, I think that we're missing if we're going back in history. I think John Wayne versus Joseph Stalin, who actually didn't like each other. In fact, Stalin wanted him dead. He could have fought him. We probably wouldn't even have had worried about the Cold War.
Speaker 1: That would have been good if the Duke could have handled that.
Speaker 2: So wait a minute, So did they meet or was just they he commented outwardly about Stalin in historical issues and so forth.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing right, yeah, they didn't.
Speaker 5: I don't think that I didn't renew of them to meet, but I know that for one another. And actually Stalin I think had a contract on John Wayne's life. He wanted him dead.
Speaker 2: Wow, So I didn't know that. Now I'm learning something today. See this is good. My mom told me if I learned one thing a day, I could shut it down. So I feel like, I feel like this is it. You've You've been very helpful on that. So and they could a cross paths, right, I mean what Stalin lived until the early fifties and John Wayne was around certainly before that. In doing it so that that would Yeah, I paid I pay to see that historical figure. I mean he could have changed the path.
Speaker 5: That would be bigger than Jake Paul and Mike Tyson. I think imagine the pay per view on that.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, for sure. Yeah, people be coughing up Rubles and us all over. It'd be amazing. Nelson, I appreciate the call man that's strong to Dayton and Dave was Sterling on the big one historical figures throwing down to fight.
Speaker 1: Who do you like, hey, Sterling?
Speaker 5: I was thinking myself maybe Bruce Lee versus Steven Seagal.
Speaker 2: Oh Yeah, well, like Bruce Lee was the greatest. I like, there's something about Segal that that has been great. But I just and I know Tom Segura talked about this too, and it's true that that thing I used to love watching. I think it's still streaming someplace where he was like a deputy sheriff or something, walking right right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, that'd be huge. Who do you think would win that?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: I gotta go with the little guy, Bruce Lee. I just think he would. I think he'd put a whooping on him.
Speaker 2: It would be like a human version of Mortal Kombat to be huge, and I love Mortal Kombat. That's Dave. Thank you man. That that's that's awesome. I love it. To Hamilton and Rob was sterling on the big one. What do you have?
Speaker 6: Hey? Rob?
Speaker 1: Rob? Once twice? Are you there?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hey, it's your turn. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: I was worried about you. That's silence in between. I know I made you wait a while.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: So I thought he had recorded it?
Speaker 5: My bad?
Speaker 1: No, okay, so listen, I got I got Napoleon.
Speaker 2: I'm going back in time a little bit, and I had Joe Biden Napoleon Bonaparte and Joe Biden now prime or the aged Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: Buddy.
Speaker 2: I said I'm just wondering, you want like Joe Biden in is prime? Or do you do you think Napoleon? It's hard not hear me. Hello, I don't know. I think we lost him. I think you got to be fair. I think you want both men in their prime. And Napoleon was sort of like a short guy. You had a little hence the Napoleon Complex kind of scenario. But I think that'd be a good battle.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I don't know about him specifically fighting, but he certainly led people into the fight.
Speaker 1: That'd be all right.
Speaker 2: Five one three, seven, four seven eight hundred, The big one up north, the Michigan and Greg and then Jobie and Steve. Five one three, seven, four nine, seven thousand, eight hundred, the big one, historical figures squaring off to battle. Who would you like to see get out of Greg?
Speaker 6: Hey Sterling, mister positive, you gotta change my mind, Okay, in your mind? Who are the two biggest individual music itimes of all time? I'm a twin, so I'm gonna choose my favorite.
Speaker 2: Do you think are the two biggest individual That's tough because there are so many genres I mean to say. I mean, you know, Beethoven or bach would arguably be because of what they were.
Speaker 1: Doing when they did it. You say, Cory twentieth century. No, yeah, you go first.
Speaker 6: Who do you think? I don't know, this is the biggest mean, yes, okay, this is what he did real quick. Sexual revolution, censorship, youth culture brought black music to the mainstream. Who is it the best looking person to ever walk the earth? Easily in its prime nineteen sixty eight? No one better looking? Ali would tell you. Many people that met him said he was the best looking white man they had ever seen. Who am I thinking of? Tell me Elvis? Yeah, the king, yes, and versus the king of pop, Michael Joseph Jackson.
Speaker 2: That would be that would be interesting, didn't How do you pick Elvis in his prime or the fat Elvis?
Speaker 6: And it's because he was eighth degree black thought, even though he really was and he was maybe first, But it's Elvis all the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's tough.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I don't know how well Michael Jackson could handle himself.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, he can moon walk away, but I I don't know. I think that would that would That's not a good That's like different weight classes and everything. It's very challenging, but I find it somehow like Gawker, like I would slow down to watch if it was the side of the road.
Speaker 6: Very good, Sterling, You're fantastic. Everybody, go for your dreams.
Speaker 1: There you go, Greg, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: To eating Steve seven hundred wulw.
Speaker 1: What's going on, Steve? How are you?
Speaker 6: Hey? I'm good man.
Speaker 10: How are you doing that?
Speaker 1: I'm doing all right.
Speaker 2: Who do you have as far as like historical figures fighting?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 8: Man, I got I got the fight of the century for you here, man.
Speaker 1: Okay, Barney versus Miss Peggy, Oh that's tough. Yeah. Barney creeped me out a little bit.
Speaker 8: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 2: And Miss Piggy I thought could hurt me later on as a kid, I didn't think of her the same way as I did later on.
Speaker 8: And uh, well that's why that's why I picked her over Barney.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no question, so I think, yeah, maybe she could go for like the knees or the legs. Barney did have like legs and lower appendages.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, he did any kind of yeah everything else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is different than what what was it Henrietta or something that was in the New Zoo review was it remember the New Zoo Review or something like that, and I think it was Henrietta.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't I don't know. Maybe I don't call it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Maybe I had too many blunt head from Steve. I appreciate the call me and thank you. I don't know, I got to obscure there. I didn't mean to do it to College Hall and Joby, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Hey? And yes that was on the New Zoo Review, Henrietta.
Speaker 2: I'm glad I wasn't, like, you know, like I had someone who was older reach out to me a while back and asked me if I remember Ding Dong School, which I'd never heard of, but my mother did.
Speaker 1: So Again, it's a generational thing, I suppose. What what do you have? As far as historical figures getting added?
Speaker 9: I always flipped the coin here just for a second, give Martha Washington against that Adams.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, first ladies in battle. See, that's that's a whole other that's a whole other layer. We could get to Joby, thank you. I mean that could get really sinister in a whole lot of ways. And I do like the women fighting. I mean, I mean there's a fine line. And where are the women on this? Why no women calling? Are not fans of the fight? Or is it too much blood sport? I feel like maybe there's something wrong. Uh, it's difficult. Tip city, tip a canoe there, Rob, what do you know? What do you have as far as historical figures battling it out?
Speaker 9: I've got a good one.
Speaker 7: It's Stayton versus Cincinnati, and it's Phil donah Hu versus Jerry Springer.
Speaker 1: Oh. I love both those guys. They were great me to.
Speaker 3: Them.
Speaker 2: I think Phil Donahu seems like he would be tough though, and I don't mean any disrespect to the late great Jerry Springer, but I think Phil Donna, who looked like he could kick some ass back in.
Speaker 6: The day, I thought so too.
Speaker 7: But you gotta remember Jerry Springer's got bodyguards.
Speaker 2: Well oh so okay, So so the bodyguards they'd hop in the ring. That's more of a wrestling like pro like WWE kind of the scenario where they're going to get in there with the chair or something and go at it. That that's next level. So I appreciate that. I had to think about that a little bit.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. Rob, Charles, what's happening? You're with Sterling on the big one.
Speaker 5: So hey, guy Martin Luther King Junior versus Hornswoggle.
Speaker 2: Hornswoggle helped me out with boy he's a little le on ww oh, the little man. I think I think MLK would handle him, even though he was a pacifist and did great things for for humanity. I think it's necessary, but I mean, you know, what do you think?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think that's his greatest weakness. That guy's going to climb up his leg and gouge.
Speaker 2: His That would be unfortunate, Charles. I don't even want to imagine that. I feel dirty and wrong about that just all the way around fundamentally. But it was somehow also gawker like, and I'd kind of like to see it. But I think MLK Junior was certainly next level and a lot of other ways. Straight Away, your four point thirty report will talk on issues of yelling and cursing for health. Who knew it could be a benefit. That's after five, a whole lot of other ground to cover as well. Appreciate you being here on a Saturday afternoon. Sterling X men in action tonight. That is a Xavier at Georgetown in a big East matchup right here on seven hundred WLW Well Saturday afternoon, sun starting to drop, and soon the solstice will be upon us and the days will start getting longer minute by minute, a minute here, a minute there, couple here, couple there, and it gives me hope when the days start getting longer as we turn the winter, and hopefully we can get closer to Red's opening day and warm weather and optimism. Speaking of optimism, one point five billion dollar power ball drawing tonight. I'm not a commercial for it, but I am fixated on it as many people are. And I went to get gas the other night and the line because I went in, I was like, I want to get like a candy bar or something, you know, And I turned around and was like nope, because the line was ridiculous with people trying to get in on the big lotto kind of like giveaway deal, and a billion and a half dollars is enough to get people's attention. I would think six hundred and eighty nine million, three hundred thousand is the cash out before taxes instead of taking the billion and a half annuity. If you're into that and still to know small potatoes one hundred million dollars in the Mega millions which drew last night apparently had no winners at least no big winners forty five and a half million. The cash option there, you know, and it leads me to something else, and I got Rob here holding on. We can still allow a sort of weaving in of conversation of everything we've covered so far, including historical figures fighting, because some of these has been just unbelievably entertaining, and enjoy it. But for me personally, and it's not often sometimes, you know, sometimes the show is about me, and I'm enjoying it, and I'm still fixated on mister Rogers and Bob Ross in the throwdown, and then and then you know, he was talking about doctor h Creep into the cool goal I think is tremendous. Rob Proby was about to get him five point three seven four nine seven eight hundred, the big one. Here's the thing that I'm curious about because of the lotto thing. And you hear these tragic stories of people who win big, big sums of money and within you know, three years, five years, somehow they're in some cases worse off financially than they were before they hit the jackpot, which to me outside looking in never having to to navigate life in such a challenging, stressful way when it comes to being able to live, uh and so forth. I mean, I don't live on that kind of money now. I would think it'd be pretty easy generally if you could keep it on the down low.
Speaker 1: But this is the question that I have.
Speaker 2: I think we can have some fun because most of us know someone maybe they didn't win the lottery, but maybe why unusual or unexpected, let's say, an unexpected way people find themselves to becoming fat with cash, wealthy, uh, in ways that were unexpected.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering what that might be.
Speaker 2: Some people are like I bought some of that bitcoin, or I bought some of that other cryptocurrency stuff and things have worked out well for me. Or you know, Jed clamp that or whatever else in the Beverly hillbill is you know, they found oil in the backyard or whatever it was, and the next thing you know, they go west to soak up California life and everything else. If you whether it's you or someone you know, I'm wondering what the most strange or unusual, maybe not even strange but just surprising way unexpected windfall of cash money that you know that they it came into having enormous wealth or at least a way to live more comfortably. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred the big one. You can talk back on the iHeartRadio app by clicking the microphone. I'm also on x not the party drug from the nineties as far as I know, but the social media site that used to be known as Twitter. At Stirling Radio. You can get interactive there as well. I've heard the case. I know someone by way of another friend that ended up in a weird situation where their family was somehow had acquired something that was defective or something and someone was hurt but not majorly, and as a result of a settlement, they got an enormous sum of money and it helped them out tremendously. Obviously, it was something fairly innocuous and I can't even remember what it was. It was something relatively small. It was sort of like a speed bump in life. But apparently it was a class action thing and they got some stacks of cash.
Speaker 1: That's unexpected.
Speaker 2: I mean, hopefully no one has to suffer through something ugly and miserable and endure something painful to be able to get some cash. But there are unexpected or strange ways to get into it. I know that one of the classic stories of all in the other direction with that is I think it was the person who may have, while employed by the company who did the post it notes supposedly right, ended up not doing very well financially. But of course the post it notes are everywhere. I mean, you know what it is when I say it, and everybody's gotten their hands on at least a couple of those little packs of notes, whether it's at the office or taken from the office. A lot of people like to take office applies or otherwise. And that's sort of that weird scenario. You come up with some great idea by accident or what have you, but you're employed by somebody else and they're paying you to do this research, this development or come up with this idea, so technically it's whoever employs you that has the ownership of said thing. And that's one of those where you kind of go, maybe I'll quit my job. I think this is a great idea. Maybe I'll just hold this a quiet on the download for a little bit. See if you can cash in. But you know, that's that's one of those things. How much money was made on that?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 2: How how brutal would that be to be living with that on your shoulders to think if I had just waited, or if I come up with it on my own away from the job, or something along those lines. But that would be sort of unexpected. There are a number of things probably in the world in relation to that, But the lottery that's also unexpected, right. I mean, you may know that it's a big jackpot. You may you know, decide to get into an office pool or something, or maybe you know, just as on a flyer, decide if you're out and about to may as well to billion and a half dollars once it hurt, to throw down a little bit of cash, and then you may find yourself, you know, in some big, big winnings, which wouldn't necessarily be all that bad of a scenario. That would be unexpected because the odds of winning one of these jackpots, and they're more difficult now than they were, But the jackpots are heavier and meteor which brings more people to the table to try to get in and on the action. But statistically, they say, you could leave the house and get hit by lightning, shake it off, be like, I feel pretty good, and then go on about your day and then get out of the car. You know, if you're parking outside or something whatever, walking back to your car. Let's just say you get hit by lightning again twice in the same day. Feel good about it. You're like, I don't feel too bad. I think I'm lucky today, and then you go home. There's a better chance of that happening than winning the Mega millions or the power ball. And you know, if you're in it, great, good for you. But it would be unexpected to be able to have that type of windfall in that type of scenario. So have you or do you know someone who's come in in an unexpected way into some wealth, some big money five point three seven four nine seven eight hundred, the big One, your chance to get interactive. Now, now, this is a disturbing story and it didn't end well for the people involved. And they thought they would in what I consider to be an extremely unexpected way to generate some revenue. And I'm all about new revenue streams, non traditional revenue streams. I mean, who isn't right, I mean, another way to make some money in a Channel nine. This story it's a national news story, but there's a lot of other reports on this as well, and this is disturbing. Associated Press has it as well. A medical school manager of the morgue at Harvard, the Harvard Medical School morgue manager in Boston, Massachusetts, has been sentenced to eight years hard time because the manager of the morgue stole and sold body parts of individuals who had donated their remains to science. Now this wasn't they took their eyes or this, that or the other thing and they found some new cure or helping somebody else by giving a donation to your organs.
Speaker 1: This is, you know, your kudaf.
Speaker 2: And I thought about this, whether it's the University of Cincinnati or where I went to school at Wright State. I mean, you know, once I'm dead, I figure, I don't need my bag of bones anymore. Take mine to help those in need when it comes to you know, transplant and so forth. And then the future doctors and scientists could poke around and maybe find something that could help those that are still here or whatever.
Speaker 1: But this is not that.
Speaker 2: This is a morg manager and the morg manager's wife, who also was sentenced to it. It looks like I think a little more than a year away also because what they did was they sold the pieces in parts to people. There's a whole black market. I'm guessing this is dark web. I don't know where else you would find individuals who would be interested, but there are some sick people out there. They apparently packaged up and shipped in exchange for money, people's hands, their skin, which I don't know what that means exactly if they peeled off sections of skin, if they were going to use it for upholstery or the Historically, people have used skin for a lot of things, book covers, and we know the Nazis did a lot of nasty stuff with it in experimentation, putting it in stuff like lampshades or whatever else, which is just inconceivable and disgusting. But apparently people like to collect things like brains and faces, which I don't understand how. I mean, if you're not selling the whole head, you're just getting the face. Does that mean they peeled I know this is disgusting. I'm sorry, but this is the news. This happened. This is an unusual way to find one self, you know, making money. I would imagine selling these parts. And what I'd also like to know is at what point and how is it. Did someone come to the morgue manager and say, hey, listen, I was wondering, do you have any extra faces around. I was looking for a left hand. I'm gonna build a Frankenstein type monster and I'm sure to hand and maybe a brain. And they were like, you know, I don't know. I'll get back to you on that. And they were like, well, these people donated their bodies. We don't need them anymore. We are going to end up cremating them anyway, which is what I want done. I mean, after they've poked and prodded and gotten any use out of me. After that, what do I care? I'm dead, So I figure they can just toss my ashes, you know, on a nice country club golf course someplace that wouldn't allow me there anyway, or wish that I didn't show up because I'm not very good at the golf, but I enjoy it.
Speaker 1: And go from there.
Speaker 2: Or did they go out and say, hey, by the way, we have cadavers if you'd like to get a piece or a part to have the house, and what do you do with it? If you get a hand, do you do You put it in a jar and soak it in some formaldehyde or other fluids and stuff and put it on like the the mantlepiece like above your you're a fireplace, or I mean is that in your vault? And then you have special friends over and you go, hey, man, you want to see something scary. Guess what I got? And you know, I don't know what do you have? And you're thinking, I don't know what is this going to be? You know, And then they go, I've got this skin and some hands and a brain and a jar and a face, and it's very it's just bizarre, and thankfully they're going to do some time away as a result of it. It's odd. I can't I mean, I don't know what you would do with these parts. I don't know why you would want them. I don't think it's legal to have them usually, and certainly it's not legal for these people who have done that, reaching the trust of the people that gave themselves to you know, for science.
Speaker 1: It's just insane. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: But apparently there's an interest that would be an unexpected way to find yourself to some wealth is by selling some pieces and parts and.
Speaker 1: Well this is nice here. Let me get this message real quick.
Speaker 2: So another Alex. I don't think it's the same Alex from earlier, and I don't think it's our Alex Egan who produces shows here and does some other stuff. Alex says, you get together and have like a hands party. You could have mixed max hands. I think is how that reads? Yeah, clapping hands into that and the other I get? What would you do with that? I mean, is there is there something on like Reddit or sub stack where it's just like people talking about pieces and parts of persons and bodies and everything else that goes with that. I mean, you've got to be in a special place and it leads me to these stories that come up. But usually there's one or two a year. I think it was last year, if I'm not mistaken, there was a story. It was either Boulder, Colorado or somewhere suburban Denver where there were people that had taken and had tens like dozens of bodies in various states of decay and creamanes that they had never done what they said they were going to do with and the people they were finding them here and there and then shut them down. I mean, you have one job to do, which is disposed of the remains of these people who have paid for you to do that, and they failed to do it and follow through. I mean, and that happens about once a year you hear of some place around the country and they just have them accumulating. I don't know if they have a mental break, if they get depressed and can't. I mean, I would love to understand how in court proceedings are questioning when they have someone in that situation and they ask them, so, why how is it that this started? I mean, you got backed up, you took in too many, you couldn't keep up with the workflow. What it would AI help you sort of navigate this and deal with this, But I don't think there's an AI solution to that. It's very odd, it's very strange, and it's very uncomfortable. And I apologize I took you to that place, but don't blame me. It's this then news and we're trying to make sense of it on a Saturday afternoon, Sterling seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: The other side of.
Speaker 2: That, Paul Foulfer, he is a healthy living expert's going to join us.
Speaker 1: We'll talk on swearing for health.
Speaker 2: Yeah, apparently throwing down like the F bomb and ran, which we're not gonna do on the air, by the way, We're not going to talk dirty talk. But apparently occursing is somehow a release of good endorphins in stress, and it's apparently good for you, almost like scream therapy or something along those lines. So better than saying like the you know, darn it or dang it or whatever else. Apparently going further across the line of what might have gotten soap put in your mouth as a kid.
Speaker 1: Is healthful.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have expected that, but we'll find out what the details on it.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: If you're cruising around looking for a parking space at Kenwood Town Center or somewhere else, or motoring along and trying to deal with what looks to be fairly heavy flow traffic into this Christmas week in trying to get someplace or what have you, and being frustrated with people not signaling or cutting you off or otherwise, and you're like let it out and just you know, you try to keep it clean. You got kids in the back seat, say listen this. If I don't do this is bad for me, might give me stressed, could give me a heart attack. You got to let it out. But again, it's situational time and place right not in front of the kids, probably not at church or the temple, whatever it is. I mean, you got to try to keep it clean. Not probably on the radio either for that matter, or at least after ten o'clock podcast. A whole nother story. But that's a whole nother deal. And if you think about it, it does kind of make sense. I mean, if you're working with power tools or a hammer and you miss the nail, catch your thumb or whatever else want, it hurts like all get out, and then you probably have occasionally some words that slip out. Even kids do it, whether it's situational and learn behavior by observing grown ups who say explicit things in a moment of passion or or heated emotion or what have you in anger, what have you in that time and space. Kids will do the same thing when they don't know you're around as a grown up, or sometimes even in front of a grown ups and it'll just fall out of their head. Apparently it's healthy, and we'll get the nuts and bolts of that coming up in about ten minutes to give or take, which I just I find this interesting as I'll get out, because you know, it was Razors like, you don't talk that way and you got to be polite. You gotta do whatever. Sometimes letting it out, apparently is what you need to do. It's like gas if you got to go, you tell you to keep it in, which you're try not to do it in bad places, but it's.
Speaker 1: Bad for you.
Speaker 2: You do it in a car and people are trapped with you, it might be bad for them too. I guess you have to pick your spots. I know Brady Hopkins is like really talking flatulence and I have to follow this. Yes you do, it's just the way it goes. Your five o'clock report straight away. Paul full for talking about screaming and therapy in bad language for health, because you know, we're just trying to make sense of the world we're living in. Also a Movies speak with Kevin Carr conversation I had with him talking about the Avatar, the new one, as well as some other stuff as well. It always gets weird with Kevin, so we'll talk with him a little bit later as well. Hang out time for news now where the Musketeers play the Georgetown Hoyas tonight in the Big East matchup where the Bengals at one o'clock do it up in Miami. If you care, have you lost caring? I still care. I don't want to care, but I do. It's the way it goes. You know, your hooday fan for life, It's the way it is. Home of the best Bengals coverage on a Saturday Sterling News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati, and how people think about different things.
Speaker 1: So this is sort of.
Speaker 2: Like a non scientific poll when we get together and have a dialogue and communicate. Here on a Saturday afternoon, Sterling and I came across one that I found to be just tremendous and somehow validating, because I think most of us probably already know this. The American psychologists published a profanity research study effectively and to Kill University in England as well, studying swearing and how we release tension in stress and apparently by a dirty talk, f bombs or otherwise, which we don't want to do on the radio, of course, is somehow a benefit to our productivity. It can apparently also help our strength and apparently also help clear our mind and reduce stress, which kind of makes some sense in some fashion. Overall, screen therapy in a different way is a part of that too. A healthy living expert by the name of Paul Fulford is kind enough to give us some time the website sinoser I believe c y n os r e dot com.
Speaker 1: Paul.
Speaker 2: Welcome to seven hundred WLW with Sterling. I hope I got that right. Welcome to the big One.
Speaker 1: How are you good?
Speaker 10: I'm doing well. Thank you for having me Sterling.
Speaker 1: How interesting is this? And believable is it?
Speaker 2: I mean, without anything but anecdotal experience, I can tell you that whether you know, kick your shin or stub your toe, or step on kids legos in the middle of the night that they didn't put away, or something along those lines, there are things that will fall out of our mouths to just viscerally effective in that painful moment that somehow helps us get through that. And apparently there's some science behind it. Does this make sense to you?
Speaker 11: Yes, and like you said, in real world application, I've experienced it, but also the data supports it.
Speaker 10: Right, you let in with talking about the study.
Speaker 11: And the study was two different experiments done by one hundred and ninety two people, right, so it's a fairly significant range of people.
Speaker 10: And they did it.
Speaker 11: By using basically a chair push up, supporting their body weight with their arms. In every two seconds, they basically had them repeat either a swear word or a neutral word, and the word group held themselves up significantly longer in both experiments.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Paul Fullford a healthy living extrat with sterling on the big one. So it also gives you somehow a burst of strength. Now that's got to be psychological, because you could substitute it. The only reason these words are called swear words and thought to be unacceptable, inappropriate and mixed company or whatever else it is is because we've assigned them to somehow be naughty or wrong or dirty.
Speaker 11: Right, yes, But also there's like sort of a subconscious or like a visceral response, you know when you do that. It has to do with you know, hormone release and different things. It's like a lot of failure. Isn't your muscles exploding, it's your brain saying this is unpleasant, let's stop. Right, Swearing appears to change that relationship with discomfort. It's like your brain here's the word and goes, oh, we're in a world wood situation, right, and I can keep pushing forward.
Speaker 10: I mean, somebody.
Speaker 11: Who's shown this in real world and in their books is David Goggins. I mean, the ability to push past things mentally is tremendous, and this is sort of like a tool along the way.
Speaker 2: It's an interesting thing. I mean, I just think about tennis and obviously getting a lot of attentions have been professional women tennis players, but dudes will do it too. You hear them, Ah, you know, is there looking to you know, swat that ball back to the other side of the net and get ahead and it grabs you. I mean you go to wow, how does that happen so effectively? It's not just the exertion, but it's also something that helps get over that hump in some fashion too. That's a crazy thing. Do you think this has been something over time? Have we evolved or is this something you believe that maybe has been there from the very beginning, even for the non vocal or at least nonverbal like a Neanderthal or something like that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I definitely think it's chrol magnet.
Speaker 11: It's definitely something that's in our psyche, and it is that, you know, it doesn't have to be vocal for you to have that self talk, right, it doesn't have to be some thing that is present verbally exteriorly to still get that same internal self talk. I mean, self talk is just as important as outward talk.
Speaker 2: So in other words, the same thing would be if you're like, I suck, I can't get this done. Why does this feel so heavy? You're self defeating yourself because your self talk is basically saying that you've already failed.
Speaker 10: Correct, you know.
Speaker 11: And I have a good friend of mine who's a professional golf coach, Sean Foley, and we actually talked about this on a podcast where you know, does His thought was like, do I believe that overtly positive affirmations always helps?
Speaker 10: He said he doesn't.
Speaker 11: But does he believe that negative self talk and beating yourself up impacts somebody?
Speaker 10: He does, right, So it is.
Speaker 11: It's it's interesting, you know, comparing it to this study. You know, people people have given up or quit, you know, and in hindsight, it's something that once they get past it or they get pushed through it. They're like, you know, I could have probably pushed through that, and if you just have little tools like this. There's so many little tools, but this, this study is very interesting where it allows you to say, Okay, you know, I'm not going to let myself fail. I'm going to keep pushing through and if this little word helps. Like again you mentioned stepping on that stepping on the lego, We've all done that, right, Or hit yourself on the shin in the middle of the night when you're trying to go to the bathroom. Sometimes just getting that swear word out helps get out that whole piece. Now, you don't want to all of a sudden turn into Joe Pesci and Goodfellas because then you get numb, right, And so it's strategic at the same time.
Speaker 2: So in other words of Paul Fulford, by the way, Healthy Living Expert, we're stirling on the big one talking about using a bad language arguably or other types of language to help us get through when we need more strength or you know, emotional thought or otherwise in the same respect with this, is there something that could go the other direction that would maybe aside from the negative self talk just in general, other like bits of dialogue in our head, aside from the exploit of like explosion or the grunting that sort of goes with that, because the grunt may not necessarily be you know, dirty words or whatever. But it's interesting the assignment of the offensive nature of the language somehow is a greater benefit than some other type of word. That's wild, it.
Speaker 11: Is, And I think it has to do with with anything that you associate, you know, either consciously or subconsciously in your mind with that same category of word.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 11: I mean, if you swear all day at traffic, your nervous system can habititate that, right, it can be habitual, and that has less punch when you actually need it, So you really do want to save it like a tool, not a lifestyle. And you know, secondarily this this isn't training. It's just like a micro edge, right it if if your sleep is trash and your nutrition is chaos, you know, cursing is not going.
Speaker 2: To give you a comeback story, right if you're doing everything else wrong, just going around phil flymm and foul words is not going to necessarily get you over the hump.
Speaker 1: I love that, you know.
Speaker 2: One of the other things here and we mentioned the grunting, and according to this other study apparently also they say that the grunting for in the tennis racket increases power nineteen to twenty six percent, which is crazy. And it also apparently increases your grip strength which helps benefit too, which is crazy.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have.
Speaker 2: I mean, they've obviously put science behind it to give it some actual number of these type of studies. In doing what you do, what surprises you the most when it comes to helping someone find whatever that self dialogue or that activity or thought process to be able to help someone sort of get to the next level in any capacity in our lives.
Speaker 11: Well, you know, I think it's when you look at it for its best use case, which is those short, intense efforts where quitting is mental as much as much as it is physical.
Speaker 10: It's really so so.
Speaker 11: Incredible how it is on the mental aspect, right, that final rep on a lift, the last twenty seconds of a plank, you know, wall sits sprint intervals, the last push up a hill. You know, it's it's not going to turn that whole two hour cardio session into like the Rocky four training movie montage, right, but it's that last ten thirty second don't quit moment. That's where it shines, right. It's like a fourth quarter tool, so to speak.
Speaker 10: And you know red zone two minute drill.
Speaker 11: You know, these are things that athletes do on a regular basis, and it's you know, when you've trained and you've done things, it should become muscle memory and if you need that little bit of extra. This is where I find it's so interesting that you know the moment your body says no and you do something else to break that pattern.
Speaker 10: It's all about.
Speaker 11: Breaking patterns and that's what I feel like the most interesting part.
Speaker 2: Is with it talking to Paul Fulford, Healthy Living Expert. The website is see why nos Uri sinosher dot com.
Speaker 3: Is that correct?
Speaker 11: Yes, sinus sure Leutronic Actually there has been a merger, so it's even even more crazy. Consonants and vowels together, but sign no sure like you spelled, and then Leutronic l U t r o nic dot com.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: Now you mentioned the desensitization by over using certain training techniques or what have you. So there is an idea of moderation which sort of is the key to I think in a lot of things in life, just in general overall, Right, why do you think there is a health benefit to this, Because one of the things that they talk about is there is a benefit to swearing. I know, if it's a decompression issue, stress, anxiety, whatever else that gets deep too.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it in what they measured with the mindset is you know, they time the performance and then ask the question about mental state, you know, the confidence distraction, the positive emotion, even how funny people might have found it, right, and they looked at it, and you hear this with athletes all the time, talking about flow that in the zone feeling, and they were especially interested in the uninhibited nature of where people were less likely to hold themselves back. Right, you know, it's this is one of those things where again it's not you can be desensitized over using it, but it was one of those things where it even helped people get into that flow state, which was again another thing that I thought was incredibly interesting.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Uh, what do you think the worst thing someone can do to affect their performance, aside from not preparing perhaps, uh and getting their dutch in a row that fashion? But I mean, is it the self talk? Is it the self loathing? Maybe I'm too much in my head at this point. But in these type of situations, because there seems to be such a benefit that maybe marginal in some cases where there is a next level kind of thing, you could go the other direction as well.
Speaker 11: You can, And mindset is so important. I mean, discipline more than anything else, I think is the key. But you know, I do a lot with with peptides and pushing you know, pushing human performance outside of traditional healthcare where it's still it's still science and medicine. And before you know, you put anybody on a regime, you know, whether it's HRT TRT peptides, there are three things that you really need to know. It's what somebody's baseline are, you know, even after getting their blood work is like what is their nutrition like? What is their sleep like? And what is their relative level of activity? All three of those things can massively impact your hormonal levels that if you just get those things corrected, mental state, physicality, all of those things can be corrected.
Speaker 10: Without even having to do any kind of medical interventions.
Speaker 11: So, you know, I think a lot of times somebody's mental capacity and ability to push through things has to do with those things. If they're you know, it's garbage in, garbage out. They talk about that in the technology world all the time. Bad data gives you bad data, right, So it's our bodies, you know, are are our We have a human operating system the same way a computer does, and if you're feeding it bad inputs, you're going to get bad outputs.
Speaker 2: We don't want the bad output. You want a good input to get you a good output. It's all about the input and the output.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: And that's what the talk is about AI in a big way right now too, of course, is you know, it's going to change everything and will help workflows, and it's already a great benefit in a lot of ways and in the way people are living and learning and everything else and how business is done. But again, if you're letting it, you know, gather information that is subpar, and it's going to redigest that and disperse that information that's also questionable in suspect that that's not a good benefit for anybody in the long run.
Speaker 10: Oh one hundred percent.
Speaker 11: And you know I've spoken on this on a different topic before, and you know it use AI as a tool currently still right, It's it's not to diagnose, it's to get better questions to ask your physician or your provider. Right, it's not these are my symptoms. Oh my gosh, I've got cancer, right, like you know, is.
Speaker 2: A dangerous place for most of us because all roads lead to cancer and death.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, I'm doomed. Why you even try? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 11: But it's like, okay, these are the symptoms, you know, what should I be looking at or what are some better questions I can ask my provider in order to better understand this? Right, It's it's you know, we're still not I mean again, it's not that we can't.
Speaker 10: We're not going to get to a place as quickly as this is growing.
Speaker 11: I mean, I think AI is moving faster than Moore's law, which is, you know, basically every twelve to eighteen months, get chips, get half the size and twice as fast.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 11: I mean, AI's is moving tremendously, and I think it's a great tool, you know, but it is still a tool at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's that's the thing. I guess.
Speaker 2: It's making sure that you have the right tools in the toolbox and know when and how to use those. And that's whether you're you know, putting you know, something up a shelf or you know, at the house or something else along those lines.
Speaker 1: It seems pretty basic.
Speaker 2: H I'm wondering, Uh, what I haven't asked that you think is relevant to this, because I know enough to know, I don't know enough, you know, I would.
Speaker 11: Say, you know, really, there's there's there are some down downsides to it. Like we said about the desensitizing, you know, I would say that the biggest thing that I would say is a takeaway from it is that, you know, we kind of learned here that basically a well timed f bomb sometimes that word is a is like a free calorie, neutral drug free way to squeeze out a little extra performance, you know, at you know, and keep that edge and just keep just you know, we we obviously can't. We don't want the the the seven hundred and the iHeartRadio lawyers doing burpies in the hallway with us, you know, getting cursed word happy up here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: I don't need to be on you know, an exit ramp off seventy one, begging for change after things have done sideways, So thank you, I shouldn't have to hit the dump button on myself or the guest So that's a good idea.
Speaker 11: I appreciate it, right, I think that I think that that's really the takeaway, right is that? And you know and again to not I love research myself, like you mentioned, and you know, one of the things that Matthew McConaughey talks about in his book green Lights is something that I implemented where anytime I would get frustrated or I'm angry and that you know, I would normally go to anger. And when you think about it, it's just talk about this in the book, and I know we're getting short on time, but it's you know, when you have a reaction to something, it's a chemical reaction in your body.
Speaker 10: How we choose to react to it is what is exterior.
Speaker 11: Looked at as positive or negative? Right, if you go to anger versus something else. So one of the things I got from that book was anytime I get to a situation where I get frustrated or angry, I have forced myself to just laugh, and even if it's a fake laugh.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 11: And what I've found over time, you know, in conditioning, is that the things that irritate me don't irritate me as much now because I've learned to reassociate that chemical reaction to my body with laughter versus anger.
Speaker 1: You've rewired that, Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there's something to be said for that.
Speaker 1: There certainly is.
Speaker 2: And we all are still motivated by the very basic things from the beginning of time as we know it, which is pleasure and pain, and that rewiring is a part of that motivation too. That's great information. I appreciate it. We'll have you back at some point. Paul Fulford, healthy Living Expert again. It's sinosrelutronic dot com. You can find out more.
Speaker 1: Thank you man. I hope you have a.
Speaker 2: Great holiday season, Christmas, Honika, kwansa whatever you embrace New Year and all. And we'll try this again sometime.
Speaker 10: Soon you as well. Thank you again.
Speaker 2: Take care of yourself your five thirty reports straight away. Kevin Carr on the other side, we're talking movies, yeah right here, seven hundred WW.
Speaker 12: Is it true Tom Brennanman was the bass player in a punk band called Mush Potato. That is mostly not true. Is it true that Tom Brenneman can speak to dolphins but chooses not too because of their attitude? Sounds possible, but not true. Is it true that listening to Tom Brennan and makes your morning better. That one is true.
Speaker 2: Please join me in the morning for the latest news, weather, traffic, sports, at a truck load more.
Speaker 1: To get your day started right.
Speaker 12: Tom Brennaman Monday morning at five am on seven hundred WLW buy
Speaker 2: A New twenty twenty five four f one fifty at Queen City Ford and get ten thousand dollars off MSRPUS