Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 3: This is world Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 1: Here we go again, Vigo running.
Speaker 3: Back to get in on the show called eight six six, not eighty seven, two five seven, and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get short podcasts.
Speaker 2: Here's your host, David Vasselas. Welcome the Dodger Talk. David vasse live at Corusfield with you until ten o'clock tonight here on AM five to seventy LA Sports. We have phone lines open at eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy after the Dodgers defeat the Rockies tonight eleven to five, and a very short trip to Denver three games and back to LA for a three game homestand against the Pirates this weekend, and then back out on the road for the Dodgers as they will head to Detroit and Atlanta. By the way, speaking of Detroit, are very own. Kenley Jansen, who is the all time saves leader in Dodger history, notched his four hundred and ninety second save tonight, throwing only eight pitches in the ninth inning of a Tigers win, and the Tigers don't look now without Trek Scoobel are very much in the mix for the Al Central and also a wildcard spot. The Tigers are just four and a half games back of the White Sox, but that's neither here or there. This is Dodger Talk. David Vasse with you until ten o'clock after my guy, Blake Snell had another second, had another successful start. Now has what twelve innings in twelve strikeouts, eleven strikeouts to start the year. I would say that's more than what people expected out of Blake Snell. Especially. You could say whatever you want about how bad the Rockies are, and he'll be the first one to admit, Yeah, this lineup is not murderer's row. But his second start, coming off the il at coursefield, that's never easy, and he made it look easy. The only inning where he didn't look easy was in that third inning when he started to get cute. He walked the bases loaded, a sacrifice fly scored the only run scored against him. But outside of that, he was phenomenal and he got good defense behind him. In the sixth inning, Tommy Edman and Mookie Beds made great plays behind him, and the Dodger offense for the first time since July second, scored double digit runs. It was a twelve seven win over the Padres at Dodger Stadium on July second. The Dodgers Tonight's score eleven runs, eleven to five. It was led by Max Munsey, who had the first big hit to really open this game up with a three run home run in the third inning. It was a four hundred and sixty one foot shot, the longest home run hit by a Dodger this season. Freddie Freeman three hits with two doubles, Otani two home runs tonight. So look, I know it was disappointing against the Brewers and Logan Henderson yesterday and Misarowski the day before, but this is exactly what the Dodgers needed to see the ball go over the fence put up eleven runs, even if it was against one of the worst teams in baseball. Let's head downstairs right now, toy here for manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 1: Collectively, I liked everything. That's that's that's who we are, you know, that's what we've been searching for for quite some time. And today I thought, you know, the bat that really kind of encapsulates you know who we are is the munthet back gets behind note two on some splits down below. Then he got that back into the count checking off those pitches and then spoiled it to two pitch inside fastball, and then Homer's on the next pitch, and so you know, I think it just goes to your earn good pitches. And today, you know, you can look at our swing percentage. I guarantee it was much lower than it has been the last six weeks. Our end zone swing rate was up. So all that stuff, you know, lined up to the output tonight, and so that's what we're capable of. And now it's just about stacking those.
Speaker 4: And then you also had Blake who was able to get things going early.
Speaker 1: What were you seeing from him? Just how he managed himself.
Speaker 5: Yes, a little bit of traffic there and that third inning, but ultimately.
Speaker 1: How he was able to be efficient. For the most part, he did a really nice job. I think outside of that third inning, he was outstanding. In the third inning, I thought he was a little bit too fine, and you know, the three walks in a row and then limited damage, which is great. But then Reset started to use his change up a little bit more and you know a lot of bad swing and you know, for him to be able to get through six here was fantastic and you know, put our bullpen in a good spot, you know, for the next two games.
Speaker 3: I've been six weeks since you guys have scored this many runs in a game.
Speaker 6: Is this the kind of game that even on just like one night and then help you guys get out of this rut that you've been in as an offense.
Speaker 1: I think so. I think it's kind of gets to, you know, what makes you good as an offense, and that's what makes us good, you know, earning pitches, winning counts, spoiling pitches, those kind of things. And yeah, I mean we know this guy Tomorrow Feldner. We've seen him a lot, and so it's kind of going to be the same formula and if we can do that, then we'll be successful.
Speaker 2: All right. There's manager Dave Roberts on sports net LA, happy with the quality of at bats and a great point. With Munsey's three run home run, he was down O two and that was vintage Muncie getting back into the count, forcing the pitcher to throw a fastball, which he did and Munsey did not miss it. And the Dodgers beat the Rockies tonight eleven to five. Yeah, and also the Dodgers should do some damage tomorrow against Ryan Feltner as well. And even better news for the Dodgers, Paul Skeens was lined up to pitch against them this weekend, but he was pushed back to Wednesday. His start was supposed to be yesterday. Skeens will start on Wednesday for the Pirates, which means the Dodgers will not see Paul Skeens at Dodgers Stadium. By the way, with the win tonight and the Padres losing against the Mets, the Dodgers have an eight game lead over the Padres a nine game lead over the Arizona Diamondbacks. Eight six six two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Evan, who is at Course Field tonight. Hi, Evan, thanks for calling in after taking the road trip.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, what's up? DV live here in Colorado. Always try to get out to a game when the Dodgers are in town, and tonight I wanted to start off with a quick story about my experience the night before getting into a little talk about some of the players.
Speaker 2: If that's all right, Yeah, what kind of story you got?
Speaker 7: Okay, So, top of the sixth inning, I'm sitting there left center in those home run seats. Show Hey, HiT's his first time run. I'm there with his with my dad, my brother, and our friend. The ball goes right next to my dad's head, his friend. They both dodge get out of the way of the ball. They could have caught a show. Hey, O, tawny home run. Now, I understand that from the perspective of a fan. You know, that's a lot of pressure. My question is it's not so great when it's your right field or dropping balls like that. And I'm wondering if you think that at this point.
Speaker 8: Kyle Tucker's in.
Speaker 2: His head Oh, without a doubt. You were at the game tonight. But Eric Carris was on the call on sports Net LA and he said exactly that it's psychological. Now, I mean, he is in headspin right now, and that's the only way to explain it, because there's no other way to explain this type of season. The plays we've seen in right field the last two days. Tonight the sun was down and Tucker acted like he lost it in the sun when he dropped that ball, and tonight zero for five. So yeah, you know, I actually like the suggestion Eric Carro sad on the air tonight that maybe Kyle Tucker has a sore back and needs to go on the il. Maybe he heads to Arizona. I had another former Dodger text me and say he doesn't need to be in Arizona. He needs to go to the Colorado River get away from baseball for a couple of days to clear his mind because it certainly is mental. There's no other explanation now, and I'm not gonna pile on him at this point. I kind of feel bad for him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, definitely, I think that makes sense. TV kind of reminds me of, you know, when Dennis Rodman needed to go take a break from the balls and go to Vegas.
Speaker 2: Hey, should I take Tucker to Vegas? Maybe I should be the guy to take Tucker to Vegas TV.
Speaker 7: I like the sound of that. I like the sound of that.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll we'll meet the team in UH in Detroit next week. How about that? Me and Tucker in Vegas for a week. All right, haven't got a run. Thank you for the phone call. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy. David in Pasadena was watching sports at LA tonight. Hi, David, Hey TV.
Speaker 8: How you doing tonight?
Speaker 2: Man doing great. I'm happy that Dodgers scored eleven runs tonight.
Speaker 8: It was great to see an offensive eruption. It was great for the team and great for the fans. It's the last caller. You touched on what I was calling about. But I can segue real quick. I was thinking about what Eric Carro said. I was watching TV. Heard what he said, you know, regarding Tucker going maybe to Arizona.
Speaker 2: But you like my idea of me taking into Vegas instead.
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah, you guys would have well, you know, he could certainly afford to cover your tab.
Speaker 2: Right, Hey, that's what I'm thinking. He Hey, he buys all Fly. All right, he buys all Fly. We'll go together.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it'd be a great trip for you guys. Maybe you could shake him up a little bit and get him to relax, because you know, I feel bad for him too. You know, I was I was gonna call you yesterday. I was kind of really upset about the blase attitude. He's very beige in his demeanor. He's not colorful. I wish he was like rushing. I wish he had a little more fire. But you know, David, I.
Speaker 2: Want you, I want you to finish your comment, but I'm just gonna stop you really quick because I was watching him when he came back to the dugout after he dropped that fly ball, and I've never seen him do this before. He was angry at himself. He fired his hat and his glove into the dugout right as he was reaching the steps. So he was showing some fire, and we've seen him break bats when he pops up. But I think it goes back to everything that I said, and what Eric Harros was alluding to is that it's mental now. He's so frustrated he doesn't know how to get out of his own way.
Speaker 1: Understand.
Speaker 8: Okay, can I ask you what your thoughts are on Diaz tonight and the last in the ninth But are we concerned about Dias at this point?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, we are concerned because you know, Jack Harris from the California Post tweeted out a great visual that everything that Dave Roberts has been describing and that I've been trying to explain. This guy had surgery three months ago and his arm slot is lower than it has been in the last couple of years. So he's working to get that back, and until he does, his slider is not going to be vintage Edwin Diaz. So that's the reason why Dave Roberts put him out there. I thought tonight was a way better situation than a safe situation to have him try to continue to find that arm slot.
Speaker 8: I understand that makes a lot of sense. So it was a good It was a dating was one, and it was a good chance for him to get out there and shake off more rust.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I like that situation a lot better than bringing him in in a one run game in a safe situation with him trying to work all that out. Got to run, David, thank you for the phone call. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. I did have a chance to catch up with Kyle Tucker earlier today because yesterday we did not have a chance to speak to him after uh an Oh for home stand and dropping that fly ball in the ninth inning, and then tonight Oh for five drops another fly ball, routine fly ball. So this is what Kyle Tucker had to say about the struggles at home compared to him being a pretty decent player at home.
Speaker 9: I mean, I don't really know. I mean, if I knew, I'd probably have figured out about it. But that's just kind of how it's gone. So, I mean, I don't monitor my home road splits, you know, I just try and go up and play. But I mean, obviously they're not great.
Speaker 1: So thanks.
Speaker 9: I don't know what the reason or anything is. It's just kind of how it is, so thanks. So I knew I'd obviously changed something, but she's got to keep keep playing, whether it's the first team or tenth year with the same team. I mean, I think it'd be freshering regardless. But I mean, it's not like I'm frustrated just because I'm playing at home or anything, whether it's on the road or at home, or people frustrating just not pubbling the team win games. So it just kind of happened to be. How how how it spend, you know, that's just kind of how it's gone. So it's not like I try harder on the road than I do at home. You know, it's not the case. I mean, I just this is just kind of how it's checking out.
Speaker 2: All right. There's Kyle Tucker before the game, and obviously a disappointing first season with the Dodgers, but there is the postseason, and I'm gonna say this. We're gonna take a time out here on Dodger Talk when we come back. We have two lines open at eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy. We're gonna get into the Dodgers' corner outfield spots and what the Dodgers can do to see how they can improve the production there because Tucker obviously has had a horrendous season, especially at home, and Tioscar Hernandez has had a below Taoscar Hernandez type of year. So I'm gonna share with you my idea to see what the Dodgers can do to improve their outfield production. And we'll take more of your phone calls. As the Dodgers defeat the Rockies eleven to five on five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 5: Dodger fans, this is Blake Snow. You're listening to the home of the back to back world champion Dodgers on AM five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 4: Three to two pitch payoff is swing on in hammer deep right failed Maxwell swinging a shover hammer in a mile high suty a three run shot follow what up oh As tonally upper tech in right field. Monthly home run number twenty five Hamila Dodgers have opened it up. It is five to nothing.
Speaker 2: Max Monsey with the longest home run of the year for the Dodgers four hundred and sixty one feet that came in the third inning as the Dodgers blow out the Rockies tonight eleven to five. Oh Tawi went deep twice as well for the Dodgers and Daniels Jewelers Very happy tonight to present the home run forecast for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jeweler's gift card visit AM five to seventy LA sports dot Com used the keyword home run and to your name you could win. Daniels Jewelers own the dream eight six six, nine to eight seven two five seventy. Nobody wants to give my guy snel Zilla any love. Back to back starts coming off the IL throwing six innings tonight, he allowed one earn run in his first start back against the Royals at Dodgers Stadium. Six innings, three hits, one earn run, and oh, by the way, in his first start he had ten strikeouts. So in his first two starts back, he's thrown twelve innings, allowed two earned runs, and has fifteen strikeouts. By the way the second start here at Corsefield, I don't care how weak this Rockies lineup is. It's never quote easy or a soft landing to pitch at Corsefield. And I would argue since the trade deadline, the best lefty the Dodgers have had on the mound is not Trek Scuoble. It's Blake SNeW Snell has out pitched Schooble since he's come off the IL. I liked what I saw from Schooble last night, but come on, he's outpitched him in his first two starts back. All right, here's my idea for the Dodgers. You may not realize this, but Taoscar Hernandez has had a very average year by Taoscar Hernandez standards, and especially below standard for him against right handed pitching. Two thirty seven against righties this year, and he's only slugging three seventy three, and he's only getting on base at a two ninety three clip. I'm not saying that this is for the postseason, but I do believe the Dodgers have got to find out what their options are to see how they can get better production against right handed pitching in their corner outfield spots. So how do they do that? All we hear about is how great these young outfielders are at Tulsa and at Triple A Oklahoma City. My idea would be in September, when the rosters do expand, the Dodgers should call up JDP Josuay de Paula and platoon him with Taoscar Hernandez in left field. Because JDP against right handers at Double A, his OPS is a thousand, and he has twenty one of his twenty two home runs against right handed pitchers. Yeah, he only has one against the lefty and he's hitting three nineteen against righties. Why wouldn't you see what you got with Depaula and platoon him with Taoscar Hernandez. As Dave Roberts said a couple of weeks ago, we're now in August. This is who you are this year. And don't get me wrong, I'm the biggest Taoscar Hernandez believer out there. I do believe he's going to be big in October again. But in September, why not see what you got with JDP, your top outfield prospect who is super uber talented as a hitter. And I know people have said the defense is not major league standard, but have we really seen good defense in right field or left field this year? Tao's been better than Tucker, but not by a lot, I mean, and he's not dropping fly balls like we've seen the last two days. And I even wouldn't be opposed on certain nights to have te Oskar Hernandez in right field and JDP and left field in September. I'm not saying that's what it should be in October, but find out what you got. He's yours, he's in the organization, JDP, jose Way de Paula. I would give him an opportunity and see what the defense looks like. If it's as horrendous as some say, then okay, you know what you got this year. But it also gives him an opportunity to be around this team, these veterans and know what it takes to be a major league player. It's not just about hitting. And look, the Dodgers have stressed that Jason Hayward has been at Tulsa Double A a couple of different times. He's been there the last week, not just for Depaula, but for Mike Serota and all the Dodger outfielders there. So I would say, hey, let's see what you got. And I'm sure Jason Hayward, like he did when he was in the major leagues, was given some tough love to JDP. Why not ta Oscar Hernandez is hitting two thirty seven, Kyle Tucker is having a nightmare of a season that right now he can't get out of his own way of Why not? That's my question? Why not? Eight six six seven, two five seventy is the phone number? Dodgers beat the Rockies tonight, eleven to five. Let's go out to Ensino Grant. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing good?
Speaker 6: Hey DV, Nice to finally talk to you. I listened to the show almost every day on the podcast, so thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 2: Thank you, No problem.
Speaker 6: I mean, well, I think the uh, the Rockies really showed up on the schedule with the perfect time for us. You know, it's been a couple of weeks of just as a Dodger fan being a little underwhelmed and a little bummed out every time you watch the games. And tonight was fine, kind of a game where you can really feel good about the offense, feel good. It's like, oh, we're back. And then all of a sudden, Kyle Tucker and Diaz kind of just put a stink on the game, you know, sort of spoiled the feel good feeling, and it was sort of by the end of the ninth it's like, geez, You're watching Tanner Scott.
Speaker 8: Warm up and you're like, what is going on here?
Speaker 6: So, I mean, my my question, like, it seems like Diaz really needs to figure something out, and you're close to the team. I was just wondering if you could do something easy, which is just to tell him to please ditch that Mets colored glove.
Speaker 1: He keeps wearing.
Speaker 6: I mean, that would be just a first steps here rinsing a little stink off of his season.
Speaker 10: Could you do that for us?
Speaker 8: TV?
Speaker 2: Uh? Sure, Grant. I don't know if that's the issue, but I understand what you're saying. But I'm sure he feels comfortable with that glove. All right, Grant, thank you for the phone call. Eight six six seven two five seventy. Look, I don't know why Diaz takes away from the loss tonight because the Dodgers had such a big lead. I know it's still concerning. He's given up runs, given up traffic. But this is the situation you want him in. You want him in that type of situation where he has a large margin for error to see whether or not he can continue to work his way out of this issue with his arm slot and be better. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to paramount David. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing David?
Speaker 10: And I'm doing good?
Speaker 11: David?
Speaker 10: How are you doing? I hope you're doing well. So two things right? Sound like everyone else. But when does the noise to everyone get to deep arbag in regards to making hardest decisions Tuck girl for five, especially when ab where he green light three too for the pop out drop ball. Yeah, there maybe cries for a host way Depaula to be caught up. I'm with you there. I would like to see where that develops and goes, but I would see that. I don't want to see why you would put the kid in a situation like that. I don't necessarily see that happening. He could use the rest of the season to develop up.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Like I think he has to earn his way here, and I don't know what he has shown Andrew Freeman and the people down in the minor leagues. I'm sure Andrew Freeman will get a great report from Jason Hayward, but defense is effort and care factor. Maybe he's bored down there because he's dominating Tulsa. I don't know if it would change being here, but I have heard the defense has gotten better. All I'm saying is, I know the Dodgers scored eleven runs tonight, but for the last six weeks there's been no spark. It's been flat. Why not have a guy like that, who is super talented as a hitter, get an opportunity to see if he can spark something in this order and be another threat. If it doesn't work out, or if he's showing a lack of care factor for defense, then no harm, no foul. You send him back to the minors and teach him a lesson that it does matter.
Speaker 10: I concur with that, especially with the Oscar with his defense, and of course Kyle Tucker is below average defense currently the season, it continues to become enigma. So I do see where that comes to the factors. And I got one more thing, David, as far as again you want to take nothing away from Snaw even Vessia, look at Van Phillips. The course field effected and really take effect to them tonight. However, it does take effect for Edwin Diaz. I would say this, David, I am what they call the modern.
Speaker 2: I didn't blame coursefield for Edwin Diaz having issues tonight. I just said that his surgery three months ago is still a work in progress coming back and pitching in major league games. I never blamed course field.
Speaker 10: No, I understand that it's just got the modern thing. That what people say with that. But one last thing, nobody here, no one said no, of course not, but that seems to be rid of recurring thing. As far as the course field effect, I'm sure you've heard of that as well. But can we please have Edwin Diaz stop untucking? Is sure after each game that he closes, especially where he barely makes it out of live o, sir, but take some flight in that Dodger blue.
Speaker 2: All right, David, thank you for the phone call. I mean, come on, you guys are really really reaching. That's gonna upset you and untucked his jersey, uh coming off the field. I mean, I I don't know what to say to that. I don't think that's the biggest issue concerning the Dodgers or Edwin Diaz. Tonight's game brought to you by Modello Modelo the mark of a Fighter. Look, I agree the Dodger uniform and the Yankee uniform are the two most special uniforms in baseball, so I agree with you treat it with respect. But I'm sure he was frustrated and uh, you know, just was wanting to untuck his jersey. I don't see an issue with that. Let's go out to North Hollywood, Sergio Untucket after the game was over. Hi, Sergio, I hope, I hope you didn't have issue with that.
Speaker 11: I had no issue with with that at all. I mean, that's uh, that's okay. I like your idea about bringing in their kid and let's try him out and left field while we have time to see what he's got In the meantime, my suggestion is having Andy Payaz out there in center be like the Kelly Leak and just cover left field and also right field, so that way he could just have everything in his area, because Andy's the best, and you know we need him as he's playing terrific center field to make up for the you know, the situation.
Speaker 2: See, Okay, if you're going to deliver a sarcastic phone call like that, you just got to get to it, just with the punchline right away. You don't draw it out right on.
Speaker 11: But you know, it's a great win. I love what munths he's doing. I mean, incredible, four hundred and sixty one feet. I mean that guy really just got us grounded for this win today and made it five don nothing, and you know, go Dodgers. This was just a great win. But we just can't take Muncy for granted either. He's just like an MVP on the team and he along with Otani and Freddie, I mean, wow, those three and Mookie's starting to come around too, so you know we're starting to gel, you know, and it's a long season. But I like your idea. I like your idea. Let's bring in the kid. Let's see if you could add a little bit of a of energy from the youth side of things.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, I don't think there's any downside to it. You find out what you got. I don't believe he'll embarrass himself offensively. I mean, he's really talented offensively. And look, I never would have suggested this if what we're seeing in right field and left field aren't staring us in the face. Ta Oscar Hernandez against right handed pitching, and he even will admit this has not been very good against right handed pitching. He's only hitting two thirty seven against right he's and slugging three seventy three. The majority of pitchers you're going to see are right handers. I know the Dodgers on the last homestand saw a lot of lefties. He didn't do much against them either. So look, I'm just it's it's glaring right now what we're seeing offensively from both right field and left field. I'm not going to compare Kyle Tucker to ta Oscar Hernandez because ta Oscar Hernandez at least has been somewhat average. Tucker, especially at home, as we know, has not been and I even said this two weeks ago before every everybody started to, you know, clamor to the fact that Tucker has not performed at home. He's not the only one. If you look at a lot of Dodgers home and road splits, you'll see a lot of guys perform a lot better on the road than at Dodgers Stadium. For whatever reason. The one guy that has done more damage at home than on road is Andy Pa has and tonight Andy Pa has had three hits in an RBI. But for whatever reason, you go to Munsey, Freddy Freeman, Mookie Betts. All these guys are better on the road. But it's a huge drop off for Kyle Tucker playing on the road and playing at home. And right now, wherever he's playing, it's not looking good. He's oh for his last twenty five after going or for his last twenty four after going oh for five tonight, and look, this is a night where the Dodgers beat the Rockies eleven to five, and everybody is now piling on Kyle Tucker. Like I said earlier, I'm not piling on him, but I feel like at some point you have to make a decision whether or not he needs to have more than just one day off. Maybe he needs the next two games off here at Corsfield to get away from it, because, as Eric Carro said on the Dodgers television broadcast, it's in his head now, it's psychological. And Carros went as far to say that, hey, maybe he's got a sore back. Maybe he needs two weeks off Arizona to try to reset. So you know, those are the type of things that are being said, and it's hard to argue with it at this point. It's not physical, it's not a hitting mechanical adjustment. It's a mental thing. So Kyle Tucker has got to figure it out for himself how to reset, how to get his mind to a place where today is the start of my season and I'm not sure we've seen that yet. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Culver City. Greg, you're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Greg?
Speaker 10: Hey, David good?
Speaker 3: So so far we've got Edwin Diaz, his glove, his jersey. I don't have any other complaints that you can go voice to him tonight calling about Blake Snell in chaoscar So, Blake Snell. I think last year everybody felt when Yamamoto's on the mound, that was the game. If there was a two game, three game, or seven game losing, he'd be the stopper. I think we found the new one. I love that he went six innings at cors. I think if you get five strong innings it's a good start. Six is amazing. And to have that big of a lead and stay locked in tells you he's ready to go right. And I'm looking at him as potentially the opening game starter of a seven game series at this point, like he's been that locked in. So you're right, we've got to give you a year home run Trott for that. But the guy who's thank you for.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. It's not about being right, it's about trusting the person and knowing what they're about and respecting he has two cy youngs, and respecting what he did for the Dodgers in October last year. And now he says he's healthier than he has been in three years, and you're seeing that with the curveball as good as it is. But I'm glad you appreciate snell Zilla Now, Greg, I would go Yamaham Snell two and Scooble three.
Speaker 3: And by the way, we're over here, we have this luxury of riches with an eight game lead. Right, nobody's acting or no one's bringing up the fact that both the d Backs lost. The player didn't even show up to play the game today in their locker room, so they got bigger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he.
Speaker 3: Got paid and this is what they get. But speaking of players who are paid, right, uh, I'm not jumping on tyle attackers back. I look at him as the same way I looked at Michael Conforta last year.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: We took an experiment. It's not paying off. But we're lucky and fortunate. We have ownership that could absorb this, right, we have the roster that could absorb a hit like this. But the guy who should be sending him an edible arrangement, a flower arrangement, taking him on a trip at the end of the season is Tasker Hernandez because he has been m I a po w all season and nobody is looking at left field because we're so concerned with what's happening, right, And I could not agree more that Jose d Poula or maybe even start platooning those two in right field because I know that was Tao's native position, and maybe letting Keik and Edmund rotate in left field. I know Edmond's plugging second base right now, but man and I just know that there's no way we're going into a five game or seven game series with Milwaukee with both of those guys playing like this in that lineup when we have Kecha Hanani is on the bench and hopefully he gets this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you. I'm with you, Greg. If JDP doesn't get called up, I'm with you. I think you start playtuning Edmund and Tao and left field and get more reps for Mickey Row and Keik at second base.
Speaker 3: We need gamers, and we need guys that show up.
Speaker 8: And it's like, and I know you get it right, and a lot.
Speaker 3: Of callers here get emotional win loss in between right and I got their own battle. But it's like, Hey, I just want a guy who's going to go to the plate and give me a competitive at that three times and if he gets up four times, we're probably winning that game if we're getting that down low in the batting order. So everyone take a chill pill and then the last thing I didn't get thrown for Tanna Scott. I was a guy who had the pitchforks and or the torches and pitchforks. Last year for him fourteen appearances, one and run and he doesn't like guys on eight.
Speaker 8: Get shot.
Speaker 2: You stayed on a little too long. Greg. We got the Tanner Scott love and we appreciate you self reporting from a year ago. Look, Tanner did not have a good year, but that's the life of a reliever and the life of every baseball player. I learned this from Dodgers in the past that told me every year is unique and nothing more than a volatile bullpen. To remind you of that, all right, I just want to remind you, by the way, the Dodgers now eight games ahead of the Padres, nine ahead of the Diamondbacks. If the Dodgers go five hundred the rest of the way, they'll finish with ninety three wins. The Padres, who have been very hot lately, would need to go twenty seven and nine to pass them. Arizona, who got a no show from catl Marte, would have to go twenty eight and eight to pass them. But it's not about the Division. I think we all understand that it's about trying to get one of those top two seas, trying to get a bye because, as Dave Roberts reminded us again today, the Dodgers are a wildcard team despite being a division winner, and the Braves lost tonight. The Dodgers win, so again they are tied in the lost callum. And look, we talked about the tie breakers season series. With the Brewers going Milwaukee's way yesterday, that three game series in Atlanta is going to be very important for the Dodgers and Braves to see who can get an edge in being the number two seed in the National League. Eight six, six, nine, seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Silver Lake. Allen, you're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 12: Allen, Hi, David, it's first call this year, but you know you anticipated my call.
Speaker 13: You know, I've seen teams loose leads like this.
Speaker 12: You know, I think about the Red Sox and the Yankees all the way back in the seventies. You know that the Dodgers are act like they're playing with house money and they're not, and just throwing Daz out there and letting his gives continue to play and just say, well, we have these pitchers, we have Freeman and Otani.
Speaker 13: This is not for sure, it's not even for sure. They haven't clinched a playoff.
Speaker 12: Spot even yet.
Speaker 13: And I know it's crazy, but teams in this position have not made the playoffs.
Speaker 2: And I did you just hear what I said with the dog If the Dodgers went five hundred, the Padres and Diamondbacks would have to do something they've never done before and go on a run like they've never gone before. So you actually think the Dodgers are going to blow this lead. And tonight tonight the Dodgers had the lead to bring in Edwin Diaz, so they were bringing him in in the most ideal of situation. If you would have called tonight and the Dodgers had a one run lead and DS pitched the way he did tonight, then you would have more ground to stand on tonight.
Speaker 13: Of course, it's great, Corsefield will be. But have the Dodgers been playing five hundred?
Speaker 2: Oh well, the point is they had a large lead. They had a nine run lead in the ninth inning. And yes he didn't pitch grade, but he still needs to come back from being out for three months after arm surgery, and there's no better way to do it than in a blowout game. Would you rather have him pitching a game like this tonight or a game like we saw at Dodgers Dating where he blew the first game of the series to the Brewers. If he doesn't blow that game, the Dodgers have a split. And you want to talk about urgency, that's not managing with a lot of urgency that first game because everybody wanted to put it on the players yesterday. But how about you know that game meaning something the first night of that four game series. You would have had a lot more ground to stand on with your argument that night than you do tonight.
Speaker 13: I'm not Look, it's I'm not only calling about tonight. I'm calling about that. Dave Roberts convinced me last year the way the Dodgers won the World Series, that the way they came together, it justified his entire year of managing, right he he he. The players know that he believes in them, and miracles are gonna happen, and they happened. So but that doesn't mean that Dave Roberts is a perfect manager and maybe the same thing's gonna happen this year. They're gonna come together and miracles are gonna happen. But fine, they want tonight. I'm not just calling about tonight. I'm calling about those other games.
Speaker 8: I don't like it.
Speaker 13: And Okay, maybe Diaz is gonna, you know, figure something out. But does he look to you really like he's gonna figure something out.
Speaker 2: No, and you're calling all they kind of they kind of need him to figure it out. If he could figure it out, it's a huge weapon in their bullpen. They don't have a high leverage right handed reliever right now, so I think they need to know what they have with him. And and the Dodgers are not blowing this lead Allan. If they do, I'll walk back from San Francisco on the last day of the regular season.
Speaker 13: Now, Dave, you're gonna buy me pizza at Quarter Sheets Pizza because last year you made fun of me. Is a hipster telling you where to eat pizza, And I hope you've tried it near the stadium. The place is fantastic anyway, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Alan, I still have not I go to Lasorda's near the stadium. Thank you for the phone call Alan, all right, that'll do it for ussan Dodger talk. The Dodgers won tonight. I know you couldn't tell by the calls, but the Dodgers one tonight behind a solid performance from Blake Snell, who won his first game of the year six innings, one to earn run. Tomorrow, Eric Lower will be on the mount for the Dodgers. Ryan Feltner will be on the mount for the Rockies. He's five and six with an ERA of five point fifty nine. Our coverage begins at four point thirty, first pitch at five forty with Rick Monday and Tim Neverett live from Corus Field. That'll do it for us tonight. Thanks to calling ye back our Burbank Studios Dwayne McDonald out here in Denver, and thanks to you for listening. In case you missed any of the show or our pregame conversation with Evan Phillips, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app once again. The final score tonight the Dodgers defeat the Rockies eleven to five. Have a great rest of your night. See it em so bad, it's