Speaker 1: Right back with Eddie and Rocky and Mark. I've seen this woman on Facebook on her seen her reels. She is a singer, songwriter and just kind of in her spare time. She has deemed to write a Bengals song pretty much every week after the Bengals games.
Speaker 2: And they're they're thematic right like there they fit the theme. The song fits the theme of what may or may not have happened.
Speaker 1: Generally in the style of another artist, Yes.
Speaker 3: Nother lnder or hearts the seasons over. Often they're still drying and only so much can be expected.
Speaker 2: Is the same old thing with the third cube.
Speaker 3: It's been said, it's been said, walls up.
Speaker 1: And we have her with us right now. From a dry Ridge to your radio? Is that our friend Sammy Riggs? Sammy, welcome to the program. Hello, So was Sammy? Singer songwriter Dry Ridge? Explain your story because you just want a songwriting award in Nashville? Is that correct?
Speaker 4: So it's Nashville, Indiana?
Speaker 1: But yes, well, hey, Nashville's Naville. That's it. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 4: So yeah, So I grew up.
Speaker 3: In Northern Kentucky. I've been playing music since I was really young, and I mean I've always been a songwriter, but I feel like I've really honed in on the craft probably over the last five years or so. And I definitely have always used humor to relate to people, and so.
Speaker 4: With the Bengals songs, it was.
Speaker 3: Just kind of a way to recap what has happened during games during the season, and I kind of started doing it a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: Very nice. So are all the songs you write or perform are they themed around sports or local events that that are things that are happening in the world, or what.
Speaker 3: Every I write about everything? So I have original music on Spotify. Those are obviously more serious songs. So I mean, really, if you're friends with a songwriter, anything can be turned into a song. So you have to be careful what you do and say, yeah, you might end up in a song.
Speaker 2: It's like, Taylor Sweat, try you write a song about you?
Speaker 3: Now, I mean pretty much. Taylor and I are very close in age. So when she was, you know, coming into the picture, I was still in high school and so I actually had a lot of animosity towards her when I was younger. I think it was a lot of jealousy of like man, she's doing what I want to be doing. But now obviously, like I have so much respect for her. But yeah, I just really enjoy just writing and I always want to make people.
Speaker 4: Laugh if I can.
Speaker 2: You know, right now in your career doing this, can you recall or take us back to a moment when you had one hit big right or like got a lot of attention, you know, because like music business is tough. You can do this for a long time and kind of go unnoticed, but do your call one that really got a lot of play and kind of got you a little recognition.
Speaker 3: I mean, honestly, up until now, the Bengals stuff has probably gotten me more recognition than anything, just because you know, the algorithm and people seeing things through the years.
Speaker 4: Just being a local and you know, playing throughout the area.
Speaker 3: I've I've had people following me for a while just from like singing in bars and restaurants and things like that. But I feel like up until now I've kind of been and part of it too, is just the grind of like getting myself out there more, getting my original music out there more. So I feel like over the past year or two that's kind of it's it's just all taking off more. But I think also because I've been focusing on that more.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've been Samy Rigazar guest and now are do you find the It sounds like you just started doing this for fun writing the Bengals song the Bengals songs. Are you feeling pressure now that after every game people are going, Okay, when's the net? What's summarize my feeling of the song? Is this one going to be Guns n' Roses latest Laws or what explain?
Speaker 3: I definitely feel a lot more pressure now. When I first started doing it. I mean, obviously I started doing it because it was fun and I was just being silly, but I mean there was a lot of nervousness of like, is anyone going to.
Speaker 4: Care about this?
Speaker 3: And so when I started doing it a couple of years ago, there would be weeks where I didn't do a song because I'm like, I don't really know if anybodybody really cares about this, And then I would have people say, man, I was looking forward to your song. So then I started realizing that people were kind of paying attention, and I was like, Okay, well, if you really care about this, I guess I'll just keep trying to do it. And this season is probably the first season I've really really felt the pressure of like, okay, I got to put.
Speaker 4: Out a song and it's not even I mean, okay.
Speaker 3: So the Thursday night game wide Out with the Steelers, that was an eight o'clock game. I have work the next day, and I had people like where's your song?
Speaker 1: Where the song?
Speaker 3: And the guys I have a day job, Okay, I don't, just this is not what I do for a living. So they had to wait until, you know, after five o'clock on Friday to hear my you know, recap of that game. So, I mean, I'm watching the game and I'm trying to think of songs, and I'm like, can.
Speaker 4: I write this?
Speaker 3: And I mean on Sunday, I wrote my song in the fourth quarter of the game.
Speaker 4: Pretty much.
Speaker 1: Oh, the story was already told.
Speaker 4: I was told.
Speaker 3: But you know with the Cardiac Cats, okay, the which game? Was it? A couple of games before that, I thought we were going to win the.
Speaker 1: Jets game probably, yeah, the Jets game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I wrote a whole song about winning and then had to.
Speaker 4: Throw it all away.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's you know, there was many writers that write columns about the Bengals had had the same thing happened. So now, any plans of adopting this to UH Reds games, you know, there's only one hundred and sixty two of them, so you know, Cutch quick turnaround, bang those out like four, four or five a week, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't. I mean, I follow the Reds, but I'm I don't know as much about baseball as I do about football, So that's my only that would be the difficult part for me there. But I mean, even with the football stuff, I have moments where I'm like, I mean, you're never going to satisfy everyone's thought in a song. And so even with you know, the songs that I'm posting, I'll have commentary on and of like, well, the defense actually did good this game, but the offense and it's like, okay, I.
Speaker 4: Know, but like notoriously, our defense sucks. So that's what I'm capitalizing on.
Speaker 3: Some people are very literal about it, and they want.
Speaker 4: Me to be very detailed, and it's like, okay, well I can only do so much in ninety seconds.
Speaker 1: No, if you gotten any feedback from many of the players at all, just curious about that.
Speaker 3: No, But I wish I did. I was hoping that when when I wrote the Hallelujah song about Joe Burrow, I was like, maybe he'll see it because I asked him, you know, if you ever want to collab because he plays piano.
Speaker 4: Now let me know.
Speaker 2: Every big maybe you know what, maybe least reach a little less high, maybe give find I don't know, if.
Speaker 1: I've got to get the long snappers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some of them will start slow, might embrace that a little big it. I don't know, no offan or something or Chase Brown. Chase Brown is having a good year running back. You might want to collab and get a little little pub, little mileage for himself. It'll be good.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: And I will tell you that I wrote a song today about the Spitgate scandal, so I will be posting that tonight about Chase.
Speaker 1: I saw your post the other day on Facebook and you said I will be spitting out a song in a little bit nice. That's great. Yeah, what what is this? What is this in the style of or is this a Sammi original?
Speaker 4: It's not a semi original.
Speaker 2: It's fisha boozy okay, taboozy, yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: And I'm pretty I'm pretty proud of myself for this one.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, that'll be posted on Facebook and it's reels and so you're on Instagram, Facebook, I assume both, Yeah and TikTok.
Speaker 3: But I'll probably I'll probably get home after this and record it and post it sometime this evening.
Speaker 2: All right, And if folks want to want to check this out, where do they go? How do they follow you or check your stuff out?
Speaker 3: If you go to Sammyriigs dot com, it's S A M, I, R I G G S dot com. All of my handles are there. It'll take you to my Spotify, my Facebook, my Instagram, and my TikTok as well.
Speaker 1: Now do you play out a lot, Sammy?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I do.
Speaker 3: I I probably play at least three or four shows a month. I've definitely pivoted to doing more original music, so I have. My next show is going to be on Black Friday at South Kate House Revival, and that is going to be all original music. So myself, my friend Keayleen Talent, and my friends Chelsea and.
Speaker 4: Zack of by SALLYA.
Speaker 3: Gold.
Speaker 4: It's just going to.
Speaker 3: Be a showcase of all the songs that we've written. Nothing about the Bengals though.
Speaker 1: Very cool with that, Sammy, well will let you go, good luck and keep up the good war.
Speaker 3: Kid, Thank you very much for having me have a great night.
Speaker 2: Thanks Sammy.
Speaker 1: Her name is Sammy Riggs. She's from dry Ridge and uh yeah, see, I'm like she's saying she's jealous of Taylor Swift. Well, I'm jealous of people who can do stuff like that. I tried to learn how to play guitar. Dude, I couldn't strum a chord.
Speaker 2: I we know I played. Did I tell you I played drunes for the band gun Middle Gray No, No, okay, well let me tell you all about it.
Speaker 1: They were a metal, kind of a fair metal hair metal. But we're kind of all over the map.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't like to know.
Speaker 1: I don't like to talk about these things.
Speaker 5: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think Gun Metal Grade did a whole lot of James Taylor tunes.
Speaker 5: No, we didn't do that.
Speaker 2: We were all over the map, but we played very loud, very average.
Speaker 1: How long did the did the band last?
Speaker 2: It's about you know, three years? Well, you know, and that's not we played twenty five shows a year or anything. But you know, of course about two and a half years. We played maybe twelve, played a couple of festivals, played a played a barn party.
Speaker 1: Kind of it was it. I get the impression. It was kind of spinal tappy.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: We were we were decent, you know, we we were good. I mean that you guys, you know, didn't get long and.
Speaker 2: We looked there was there was some some you know.
Speaker 1: There's always the guy. The lead singer generally is the guy. I'll tell you this.
Speaker 2: Our our main argument and was always our our lead singer, Ben Wilson, w my best friends in the world, great guy, good singer. He would always want to play like, you know, b sides off of Motley Cruz, like original first bootleg tape. Right, I'm like, do you gotta play? We gotta play stuff people know, you know what I mean, Right, and but and you got to play a few songs that are obscure. But there's there would be a couple of people in the art like we played Firewoman by the Cult, and you know that's not like a super well known song, but there were a couple of people in the audience are probably.
Speaker 1: Like, hell, yeah, that was a fire Woman.
Speaker 2: Good job we.
Speaker 1: Killed that song.
Speaker 2: By the way, but uh, you know, but then sometimes you would want to play again. Just some some.
Speaker 1: Stuff no one knew. I mean, we're not talented enough to carry that. Just see Boyman back there with the headband on, the shirt shirt, the sass T shirt.
Speaker 2: I'll do our first show are that it was that we used to call black Sheet was a public house of ben Cheviot. Our speakers caught fire. We were running so much amperage. These like like small speakers. I'm looking at the back of it and it's like glowing hot. I'm like, oh man, final ten, this is a problem.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: With that, we take in with traffic and weather of what's going on.
Speaker 5: From the UC Health Traffic Center. Are you one of thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes? Give personalized education to treatment options from the experts at you see health earn more, you see health dot com. Seventy four East pawn at two seventy five, But a twelve minute delay with a left lane blocked, crash here and sow downs back to dry Fork are construction delays. Seventy five southbound Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood Lateral, taking fifteen minute to trip now down from by that area from Glendale, Milford through that area. I should say we do have the sow down sign seventy five Mitchell de Paddick up to about a fifteen minute tri up and a half hour delay. Two seventy five mass Etler to love on Madeira. I'm Rick Schremp Produce Radio seven hundred double d Wellwed.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight, little of rain early than cloudy overnight, the little forty four tomorrow clouds in the high of fifty. It is forty three now. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Willy gives me hope, and these days we can all use some hope.
Speaker 1: Willy is here for you, no matter how lousy my day is.
Speaker 2: I know I can count on Willy to turn things around here to soothe your fears.
Speaker 1: I wish I could find a man just like Willie, like the great American that I am. He uses lots of big words. I use lots of big words too. It's almost like we're twins.
Speaker 5: All you have to do is listen to me the great America, Dear Cunningham tomorrow at twelve noon on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by chumboo casino dot com.
Speaker 2: Hey's Ryan Seacrest here, and if you're looking for some serious fun head overtic