Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio. While it's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 2: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas, terrible person, He's the worst.
Speaker 2: And Matt money Smith the pipes, the pipes, the pie. Don't miss an episode. We're with you. Yeah, follow the petros in Money Show.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakas and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: My advice is to try not to inhabit another soul. You have your own. Cragging everybody, and welcome back Petro sand Money. You're home a back to back World Series champion LA Dodgers doing our Dodger Dude Diligence to high d We talked to Brandon Gomes, Dodger VP and GM in the very first hour.
Speaker 2: Gomer or Towny Gomes as I like to call him.
Speaker 3: I don't think he likes that one, but that's what he is. You could just see it in him. You can see that Towny.
Speaker 2: He left the town a long time. Yeah, town never left him.
Speaker 3: David Masse will join us at the end of this hour. We still have an F one report. We still have slee Wah joining us. Alan Sleewah to talk some Lakers in our third hour because worthy's not enough. We need some later in the week Laker analysis. We talked to Don McClain yesterday. Matt is off with the Chargers, Tim Kats is here, Ronnie Fossio is here, and don't forget Next Thursday, we're live at the BJS in West Colvina from three to seven, the final Petro Send Money Show remote of twenty twenty five. We're gonna empty out our office. We're gonna empty out the Pumpkins sculpting DVD stash we have. We've got tickets, We've got gift cards, We've got a Westinghouse HDTV Bjay's drinking food specials, including happy hour specials. Don't miss that show, our final show of the year. Always great camaraderie unless there's not and people are screaming at us and swearing at us.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for the six o'clock hour when it really gets off the rails, you know, a happy hour just ends. People are really filling themselves. Everybody's an enjoyous mood because it's the Holland Nats.
Speaker 3: Off the wagon. Maybe we can get him to drink a little bit and really act the full. Yeah, we can tuck him away in his car and we'll do the final hour of the show. No, no, he'll he'll make it through all four, don't you think.
Speaker 2: No if he starts at three by six o'clock and when the fun facts are that fun faculty. Did you know it only takes four drinks? No, come on, he's gonna be fine.
Speaker 3: Everything's gonna be great, and we're gonna be out there with everything that BJ's has to offer right off the ten. It's always a great time. So don't miss that show. All right, it is time for the word of the day.
Speaker 2: His words, the word of the day. Today's word of the day is congratulations.
Speaker 3: Look, we have a lot of bad stories out there. We got Sharon Moore with the butter knife. We've got all the craziness in college football. Along with Sharon Moore and the butter knife, we have Lebron leaking out information to Rich Paul that they got to make the team better. For Lebron the same stupid Marri go round. We go around every single year. There's a lot of stuff. We've got NFL players having their chest puncture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, their lungs popped like a balloon. Unreal.
Speaker 3: So this is actually positive news. With a population problem, we need more people. And a big thank you to Hailey Steinfeld from Tarzana and from Fireball, California, not the high school in the Compton area, but Fireball, California near Fresno. Josh Allen, They're gonna have a baby. Husband and wife. Steinfeld and Alan are expecting their first child together. Steinfeld announced the news today in her weekly She puts out a weekly newsletter, which is kind of annoying. You think that's cool. I mean, my kids school puts out a weekly newsletter at the convent. Would you be happy if your wife did it. I don't understand what you need to update people on on a weekly baby see. The post features a video of her showing off her baby bump in various embraces with Josh Allen, which where he's on his knees, kissing her stomach, her bare stomach, and holding on to her hips. That's in the latest newsletter. She's listed twenty nine moments she loved this year in light of turning twenty nine. Oh, I was gonna ask you why twenty Thursday yesterday. She saved her best moment for last, with her baby news at the bottom.
Speaker 2: So I feel like I have a pretty busy schedule eighteen college football games Dodgers. I mean, I don't stop working. I don't think I could count twenty nine things that I would list that I was grateful for or happy about or want to mention about this year. Well, it's a five or six. You're not a young lover when you're young and in love, you know, I mean twenty nine, that's a lot. She was linked to him in mid twenty twenty three. They were married only six months after getting engaged in a beautiful ceremony earlier this year. Congratulations to the two lovers. An attractive woman, a handsome man. They must be lovers, and they're much, let me say this, much less offensive than Taylor Swift and Travis Kelson. So not out there that I in your face thrown it down, you know all the time. Look at us, look at us.
Speaker 3: They're not upsetting, and neither is justin Herbert and Madison Beer, who may or may not be dating. I believe they are dating.
Speaker 2: I was just looking up where she went to high school, because I don't remember where Steinfeld homeschooled for high school. Yeah, she was.
Speaker 3: She was in that movie when she was really young and nominated for Best Actress and all that best Supporting Actress and true grit. I believe with Jeff Bridges. Yes, that was her big movie.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I'm not stupid, Just like everybody says, here's my number. Number of the days, number of the day. It's a great story. Congratulations to both of them.
Speaker 3: Congratulate to the young lovers, right Like, here's something positive for once.
Speaker 2: I'd love to know the twenty eight other things that happened in her life this year.
Speaker 3: Well, she went to the Josh Allen Jersey Retirement at Wyoming when they lost.
Speaker 2: To Awesome twenty seven. More Thanata cannot wait to read the rest of the list. Number of the Day is fifty five. Dodgers pitcher Yoshinobu Yamamoto announced today as one of Vogue's fifty five Best Dressed People of twenty twenty five. Wow, he joins, and it's.
Speaker 3: You know, I hears that He's a little bit of an undercovered lithario that Yoshi Yamamoto. I mean, it's not just Hailey Steinfelder and Josh Allen.
Speaker 2: That he joins a list that includes this year in twenty twenty five Bad Bunny, Gee Dragon, Hailey Bieber, Justin Bieber's wife. Sports Wise, only two guys on the list Shay Gildris, Alexander apparently his tunnel walks Sega phenomenal in the NBA.
Speaker 3: That's when they start blowing the whistle void. He's in the tunnel, get into the line.
Speaker 2: And Yamamoto of the Dodgers the other athlete. Now they list what is he known for? In case you don't know who he is clinching the Dodgers World Series win wearing a Cofax ask wearing a custom blue sapphire laden tennis necklace. Off the field, wields a formidable bag collection that includes everything from a Dodger blue and white Hermes.
Speaker 4: Burke Burkin ermez Ermez Burkin Birken bag to a black is it Chanelle Schanale, Yeah, flap so a Hermez So.
Speaker 2: He's like a chick. He loves his bags. Burkins are for chicks. No, they have male ones too. Their bags like satchels.
Speaker 3: A Burken bag is specifically designed by the MS people for what's her name, Jane Burkin, who was a model.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you can use it as like, you know, put your club in there with your fleets.
Speaker 3: I don't want to see my pitcher walking around with a Burkett.
Speaker 2: Well, he's got a Dodger blue and white Hermes Burkin and black Chanelle flap. Best outfit of twenty twenty five for Yoshinobu Yamamodo, one of Vogue's fifty five Best Dressed People at twenty twenty five. His white double breasted jacket with black lapel details and black trousers on the runway and red carpet at the All Star Game this year in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: It looks like a ship captain. He's got a black ascot. It looks like he works at a below deck Mediterranean.
Speaker 2: And David Yeerman finishes offered on.
Speaker 3: Oh, David Yeerman aris decratic, aristocratic.
Speaker 2: There you Polish. While the it does have a Polish affair, aristocracy, there's no doubt. While the amazing Marcella Tabiese honored his Japanese heritage and went over the fashion set with this red carpet All Star Game attire. He looks kind of like Steve ce Sue here. Pretty fashionable. I guess I mean to make vogues worldwide fifty five best dressed people in twenty twenty five, and I've heard he slung it around a little bit. He's been linked to some Timothy Charmlaye women who Timothy shaw Mack. There you go, that guy, Haley Bieber. Yeah, bad Bunny's on the cover. All right, enough GE Dragons done enough. We don't even know who G Dragon is. Who doesn't know who G Dragons? That's who doesn't. Congratulations Yoshi Yamamoto, well deserved. The guy's very fashionable. I heard he's slinging that poots. By the way, speaking of fashionable, our buddy, Miguel Rojas, where's the necklace? The Van Cleef and arpels that? Apparently My wife and daughters are like that guy. That is awesome. They love that thing.
Speaker 3: G Dragon is the stage name of Kwan Gee Young. Yeah, your wife and daughters like that because it's for chicks. Rojas is wearing a chicks necklace. That's very fashionable. That's what people like South Korean singer, rapper, producer and entrepreneur known as the King of K Pop.
Speaker 2: That's a g Dragon, g Dragon, Rihanna, Bad Bunny, Hayley, Bieber, Okay and Yoshim Congratulations. Congratulations to Yoshi Fashionable and dominating on the mound. This is the song of the day.
Speaker 5: Super Furry Animals are a band from Cardiff, Wales with our song of the day called The Gift That Keeps Giving because tis the season of giving and the Petros and Money Show is live on your audio listening device, providing you with a gift that keeps giving in the form of four full hours of great sports talk on this frog Man Friday, spreading some holiday year as we navigate the choppy waters into the final hot Stove Dodger Talk program of the week with our good friend David Vasse, who's a great Dodger insider, has loads of information that he's can't wait to share with you.
Speaker 2: He'ser Friedman and he's got Edwin Diak. Yeah.
Speaker 5: All four shows this week have been fantastic, so tune in at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: By the way, two words for those getting after me on Twitter for mispronouncing these fashion air mez save it. I don't care, all right, just take it easy one. Yes, I'm mispronounced.
Speaker 3: Going to make a big deal about a guy carrying a bunch of chicks bags. It's not that flattering. Anybody can carry those. I don't see us walking around with. We walk in here like high school kids with backpacks.
Speaker 2: So people would criticize that. What are we supposed to do?
Speaker 3: Were supposed to have a briefcase, Like I'm a lawyer, I do sports talk radio.
Speaker 2: That would be kind of cool. That would be terrible.
Speaker 3: Put him on the desk, no what everybody would hate me? Messenger's bag. I used to one over the shoulder. That's a game that there's nothing wrong with that. Oh I used to have one of those.
Speaker 2: I liked it. It's not as gay as caring a burking around. It's very fashionable. I know you're right, you're right. A lot of the rappers of g WAG.
Speaker 3: Look, look, I came up in a day where the rappers wore dickies, g Dragon. I came up in a day where the rappers wore dickies and Ben Davis and Kings and Raiders hats. They weren't dressed up in tight pants walking runways like a bunch of freaking weirdos. Okay, I grew up there was a separation at church and state, and they didn't do songs with Miley Cyrus or j Low, bunch of Wheenies, ge Dragon, bunch of Donkey Deese. Make sure as hell weren't like, Hey, look at this awesome Korean rapper. If you weren't a black guy, you couldn't rap. And now it's just like it's wide open.
Speaker 2: Now I don't like it.
Speaker 1: College Whipnet, We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast, a preset on the iHeartRadio wip using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto road Trip all summer with LA Sports.
Speaker 2: Yeah, believe it or not, I did get a degree from UCLA. Wasn't an English made Sorry it's Shalla May Sorry history major. Not an English major still, and I said, please excuse me. I butchered a lot of those names from the Yoshiyamamoto fashion Less Top fifty five Dress People by Vogue Magazine. Welcome back, Petro, Some Money show, Matt money Smith is not here today. Another free travel trip to Kansas City with the Chargers as a will be in Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday ten am kickoff on KFI AM six's forty big game for the Chargers Rams at home on Sunday. We got Clippers on Monday night. Yay, And don't forget next Thursday final Petros Some Money remote of twenty twenty five. We're emptying out the PMS office plus all the prizes you can imagine. All Right, it is time for the college football Whipper Round.
Speaker 3: Besides the La Bows circling the drain tomorrow night, and we'll have more on that later. There's only one game of note this weekend. The Kates already brought up a one hundred and twenty sixth edition of America's Game, the Army av Game, being played in BALTIMRT, covered in a dusting of Old Bay. We'll have a final hour fun fact on the Army Navy game.
Speaker 2: I tweeted out a picture at Petro Some Money of the three different food items.
Speaker 3: No pick here, just respect for the players, coaches, pleabs, cadets, all the alumps. Last week's picks were a dreadful three and four. I'm now barely above water on the season forty eight and forty seven. A week from now, we will pick the four first round college football playoff games and maybe some random other bowls. But right now we'll whip it around a little bit.
Speaker 1: Back.
Speaker 3: First of all the important stuff, Michigan prosecutors charged former Michigan football coach Romeron Moore with felony home invasion and two misdemeanors stalking and breaking and entering. Moore's bond was set at twenty five g's. He appeared via video conference from County jail. White jepsuit. This has been in the works for a long time, that this guy's been trying to destroy his life, though, so it didn't all just collapse in one day. But the proceeding was held in an ann Arbor District court. While laying out the evidence of today's hearing, the prosecutor said More had been fired for cause Monday afternoon for an inappropriate relationship with a staff member. I think we can all agree that that's the case. The prosecutor continued that Moore went into the home of the woman who he'd had a relationship with, grabbed knives out of the kitchen drawer, and made threats, maybe some shears. According to the prosecutor, he said, I'm gonna kill myself. I'm gonna make you watch. My blood is on your hands.
Speaker 2: This is a sad scene.
Speaker 3: All well, that is something that the big Lebowski said, or in the big her blood is on your hand. The woman involved Farmer, Michigan football staffer, thirty one year old paid Shiver or Shiver Shiver Shiver was not at the courthouse.
Speaker 2: You asking me. I mispronounced like names and her name was not Hermie, and her name was not used.
Speaker 3: Besides the twenty five grand, the judge added More will continue all mental health treatment and wear a GPS tracker on his ankle.
Speaker 2: He was released on twenty five thousand dollars bonds.
Speaker 3: It would be a lot easier keeping track ahead football coaches if they wore the GPS tracker on their ankle. That would be pretty cool. Plus, the judge ordered More to avoid any contact with the victim. Yeah, I'll probably stay away from her.
Speaker 2: Leave her loan.
Speaker 3: Now, this story is not rare, but the public nature of it is one of the wildest I've come across college football for the last I don't know thirty years. Se Miho Tanteanyos College Athletics is like any other workplace in America. The doctor's sleeping with a nurse, the chef is sleeping with the waitress or the sioux chef, and sometimes the golfer is sleeping with the caddy. In this case, the coach was involved with the football team office worker, which is not rare, and according to stories posted over the last forty eight hours, he had applied a massive pay raise for her in recent months.
Speaker 2: Maybe she deserved it. Maybe she was really methodical in her work every day. I bet she was.
Speaker 3: I bet she had methods to woo the man away from his wife. They're both at fault, both at fault. Michigan is a state university. Everybody works at the school has plenty of ethics in the workplace courses that includes sexual harassment training and the challenges of inter office romance. We hope as a show that the young lady can feel safe again, and let's hope she can regain some level of normalcy and anonymity. If so desired, maybe she'll become a star like Monica Lewinski, who knows and first and foremost for Sharon Moore, I don't want to say that his life is ruined forever. He's thirty nine. He obviously needs help professionally and guidance from his family, friends, and inner circle.
Speaker 2: Has he made bail yet? Yes?
Speaker 3: And regardless of his marital status, he has three daughters to raise him care for. People have come back from worse problems, Oh, for sure, look at the straw dog from Crenshaw.
Speaker 2: Fuck. So, like, how everybody now, Oh, I've known about this for a love. Oh, I've known about this for three months. Oh, I've been sitting on this for you know, two weeks. How did everybody know this? Apparently it must have been widespread knowledge.
Speaker 3: Out everybody seems to have known about this, but you and I right as somebody everybody was like, yeah, I heard that.
Speaker 2: Would did they get him yet?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 2: He's like what?
Speaker 3: And the wife or apparently the only ones that did know this? Like I did a Michigan State game. I did a Western Michigan game. You were in the freaking state two weeks.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Anything going on about Michigan. How's with a bunch of guys that work in Michigan Ohio state? Did anybody tell me me?
Speaker 2: Me? Me me? Not mine Bob Chesney flack.
Speaker 3: Bob Chesney is safely on board at UCLA, although he will coach at least one more game for James Madison next Saturday in Eugene, Oregon, where rain is in the ten day forecast. Oh no, well, Chesney is the future of UCLA football. A ghost of Bruins past missed his opportunity today. Rick Neuheisel, whose name was circulating all week as a possible candidate for the Washington State opening, and he handled it well on the Softy and Dick Show the other day, saying that they had a conversation, but not really a serious one. He didn't say but he'd probably want it written in blood that Jerry would be the coach in waiting like Kyle Whittingham who just stepped down in Morgan scally, the coach in waiting is going to step in the fur or Utah dB and longtime decordinator there. So Rick new Heisel is not going to be the coach at Wazoo. They went and hired Kirby Moore. Why would he want that job just so Jerry want it? Is just so Jerry could be the OC. I mean stay in New York in that beautiful studio, a hunger, you know, break down games for three hours on side.
Speaker 2: And a lot of energy. He's got a lot of hunger.
Speaker 3: I mean, it couldn't be the worst thing that they would do to your serious XEM show every day calling the pms twice a year. My advice was to hire a hot coordinator, and they did in Kellen Moore's brother. Coach Moore's son, Kirby Moore, who's the heck of a guy, came across him when he was first calling place for Jay Kner at Fresno State.
Speaker 2: What happens to a guy like Jerry new Eiel that he'll get another job. He's a good coach, great record, Fine, these guys travel around.
Speaker 3: Jerry is blessed to have been at UCLA for that long over some different regimes.
Speaker 2: You have to see Bob Jesney make a spot for him. Maybe tight ends coaching.
Speaker 3: You don't want a guy who's the son of a former UCLA head coach on your staff like a narc.
Speaker 2: You don't need it. He's from the East Coast, clean slate, clean slate. They're bringing in the GM from Florida State to be the GM of UCLA football, though so that's good. Guy knows to bring some talent and spend a little money. Well, don't trust me for inside information. Apparently everybody knew about Sharon Moore but me, And that's your college football whipper. We'll have more on the LA Bowl as the show goes on. Hey, guys, anything new, what's happening? Nope, No, Petro's nothing you need to know.
Speaker 3: Alichak fired his offensive coordinator. Sure, Moore, mistress, No, you don't say.
Speaker 2: Oh for real? We all well, if he beats Ohio State, they're gonna let him stay for really? Oh my god? Fuck an idiot? I do well.
Speaker 3: I always feel like an idiot, but I feel especially stupid this week. We'll be right back with more. David best Say will join us next. It's Petas somebody on a f f II seventy LA Sports Your home Rogers, Brandon Golbs is on Today, Edwin Diaz and Andrew Friedman with the latest on his relationship with the Lakers with David Vassy Tonight at seven o'clock on Dodger.
Speaker 2: Talk Man, wow Man freaked out.
Speaker 1: Hello, PMS listener, did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA sports podcasts. There's Rogan and Roddey. That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of record, Clipper Talk Without a Muskle, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app, Petros and.
Speaker 2: Money Show Ham five to seventy LA Sports on this frog Man Friday. As we get ready for Dodger Talk tonight. It's December yet there's a lot of Dodger news from the winter meetings and when Diaz signing officially today David essay, we'll have the new Dodger closer joining him tonight between seven and eight pm. Also taking your phone calls at eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy. Don't forget for the holidays. You got a cater, your party, your next corporate event, wedding, private party, delicious, gourmet Wagoo, slaughters, fries, shakes, pies, Bert's Burgers and our friend Ryan will be more than happy to take care of you. Book now at Bert's Burgers oc dot com. Time for David Massey. Oh somebody who was barbecuing said, oh Lord Jesus is Afar on the stove Talk and then the smoke gap me I got brug By.
Speaker 3: This press conference really kind of snuck up on us. Edwin dis signed a three year deal with the Dodgers. We've been reporting that for a few days, but we didn't know about the presser. Thank goodness, we ran it live on NI seventy La Sports. David Vasse was there. I don't know if he stopped at ricks or just drove by it and took a picture for me and Alesia night, but David vass was there. He's got Eddie Diaz for tonight's Dodger Talk. Dodger Talk making a triumphant return this week on the iHeartRadio app and AM five seventy much to the joy and jubilation and celebration of Dodger fans everywhere. Friedman was there today. Gomes Eddie Diaz and all the hoopla that comes with the Dodgers and the signings in the hot stove. David vas Spectrum Sportsnet MLB Network, one of the most famous baseball reporters that's living today, joins us on your Southern California Toyota Dealer Celebrity Hotline.
Speaker 6: Hello Dave, Hey guys. Yeah, driving back from Dodgers Stadium, a little bit of a delayed press conference, but we got it done. Edwin Diaz, you know, when he first got to the big leagues didn't speak a lot of English, and he has worked to be able to be bilingual. I thought he did an outstanding job at that press conference today, and you're gonna hear him one on one with us. Like you mentioned on Dodger Talk, and Andrew Friedman is going to join us and he will even we even get into what his role is with the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Can you give us a little preview day?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: I just did nothing else. You can't go a little deeper, no, Drily.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll just say this, Dodger fans don't have anything to worry about as far as Andrews Treatman choosing one or the other. He's very capable in sharing information with the Lakers now that Mark Walter owns both teams.
Speaker 2: David, what's the sense you got from Diez as as far as being a Dodger now being welcome to the Dodger of nation as he was earlier today.
Speaker 6: Well, the biggest thing is that he said it was kind of easy for him to choose the Dodgers, and they're a winning organization, and I can I've already seen on social media New York outlets picking that up as and perceiving it as a slap in the face to the Mets that they are not that. But the Mets want to be the Dodgers. And this goes back to the inception of the Mets organization. They have always wanted to be the Dodgers. Their colors when they were brought into Major League Baseball are a mixture of Dodger blue and Giants orange. Their owner was a Dodger fan. Their stadium has a rotunda that replicates Abits Field, so they are striving for what the Dodgers have. And the one separator is the Dodgers have been able to build this foundation through their farm system and then supplement it now with the influx of payroll might with players like Edwin Diaz, and there's a huge gap. And I actually believe it's an insult to even say the Mets are on the Dodgers level. They're not, and Edwin Diaz saw that, and certainly the Dodgers took advantage of the fact the Mets went out and gave Devin Williams a big contract, and Edwin Diaz, talking to people close to him, felt a little disrespected, and the Dodgers seized on that.
Speaker 2: David, you mentioned the New York media, and I was just kind of skimming through some of their comments the last forty eight hours, and of course sour grapes are saying he's done with he's got nothing left. Look at his you know, he can't spend the ball anymore like he used to before his injury. You know, he's thirty one. I look at the other side of it. Yeah, he's only thirty one. He had a one sixty three er last year. It pitched in sixty two games. Durability is not an issue. Edwin Diaz still has a lot left in the tank.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it's only a three year contract, and he's at the top of his game, like you mentioned. And you know what stood out to me talking to Andrew about this after the press conference is the fact that, yes, Edwin Diaz is one of the premier closer in the game right now. But what really impressed the Dodgers was his willingness to pitch in other innings if that's what it took to win, because there's a lot of closers that only want to pitch the ninth inning or getting out in the eighth inning for four or five out, say, But Edwin Diaz showed last year that, hey, if they need me in the fourth inning in a do or die situation, I'm going to be there for the Mets. And that really stood out to Andrew Friedman that he was willing to do to take the ball whenever the Mets needed it, even if it wasn't the ninth inning.
Speaker 3: Dave, the World Baseball Classic stuff has come out. I know if it was up to you, none of these Dodger players would be involved.
Speaker 2: But they are.
Speaker 3: They are statesmen, kvevahapom. They love Japan, their countrymen to uh first and foremost, to the land of the Rising Sun. So what is your reaction and what do you think the Dodgers' reaction is. We're gonna ask Goms about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there seems to be a little uncertainty about whether or not Roki Sasaki is actually going to pitch. We first heard he was, now we're hearing that he won't. So I'll be interested to hear what Gomes had to say. But you know, Yamamoto. Obviously this this means a lot to those Japanese players. But I'll just say this, It's fine if Otani wants to be part of Team Japan, but he shouldn't pitch an inny. I think hitting should suffice. I feel like he is doing his due duty to his country by just being a hitter. He doesn't need to pitch. And as far as Yamamoto goes, you know, teams do have a say and they do kind of lay out an outline for these World Baseball Classic managers about what the limits are for their pitchers. And if I'm the Dodgers, I'm saying, hey, Yamamoto's pitching once, pick when and when he does, let's pitch. He's only going five innings.
Speaker 2: David, what was the talk before and after and even during the press conference about Pingolore? Well, yeah, Pingolore's news about Trek Scuoble and his insistence since Monday that this thing is close to getting done.
Speaker 6: Well, it's the same reaction that you guys have had all week. Nobody's taken it seriously and they are laughing, and they might laugh in his face.
Speaker 2: No was he there? Was he there, Dave?
Speaker 6: He was not there. He may he may still be in Florida because from what I've been told from sources that are very familiar with what's going on with Trek Scooble, they are not even sure the Tigers are willing to trade Schooble. That seems to still not have been settled in the Tigers organization. Have they been talking to teams including the Dodgers, Yes they have, but they're there has been no indication that yes, they're willing to pull the trigger. So the report by ping Aling that it's imminent and it's close and they're working on an extension and it just needs to be approved by the Tigers owner is completely false. Now Scooble. Scooble may get traded, and he even may get traded to the Dodgers, but nothing is close to happening today as was reported by him four days ago.
Speaker 3: But what about Pingolaura's got a little heat on him though, right like you've got to do a little victory lap.
Speaker 6: No, my understanding is, uh, he doesn't care if it doesn't work out, that's not his gig. He'll still have KTLA five. He's not an insider.
Speaker 2: Are the are the beat rider? This is the same guy.
Speaker 6: This is the same guy on Live TV in twenty eighteen said that he was super close to Carlos Gonzalez and he grabbed another player who he thought was Carlos Gonzalez and he got clowned on live TV. This is the same guy that I remember that certain outlets are giving credibility to.
Speaker 2: They don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping a ling. There was ping pan that was a gymnastics star. You see.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, Scooble. Look, from what I understand, I reported this on MLB Network. The Tigers are asking for the same type of return that the Nationals got from the Padres for two years of control of Juan Soto. Schooble is a one year rental. And the Dodgers are always going to be there, ready for the rebound, if you will, on a big time pitcher like this. They are in the mix. They have talked to the Tigers. But I mean, the flippancy of that report is just sorry, it's not It's not close to happening in the next twenty four hours. I can I assure you of that.
Speaker 3: The Great David Vase, Ladies and gentlemen, he'll be back with Edwin Diaz and Andrew Friedman and an update on Freeman's Laker status during Dodger Talk from seven to eight. You can get some Laker news on Dodger Talk Now with the Great David Vase. Nobody better, Thanks Dave.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys, and we'll be right back with the F one report.
Speaker 3: F one Report, then some Laker news from Slee Wall and some LA Bowl news.
Speaker 2: La You belong to Me