Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on A five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while Friends the longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 2: No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 1: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed. This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadacres terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 1: We're with you, Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: And Whittier where the girls are prettier.
Speaker 3: We'll do a virtual gong you.
Speaker 4: Petronel A Sports Live Everywhere and live on the field at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 3: Spectacular first hour.
Speaker 2: Third segment.
Speaker 5: We've been down here three more than I wanted to be down here. But I like standing next to this guy with the stunner shades. Its sting done, sweet stunner shands.
Speaker 3: Make our presence felt.
Speaker 4: Let it be known that as you're home of the defending World Series champion Dodgers, this is the place to be. Game four to nine, an opportunity to punch their ticket to the World Series for the second consecutive year. You'll hear it from the Galpin Motors broadcast booth five thirty eight PM, not five o eight, a five thirty eight PM start, So we're going till four thirty. Tim kateson Dodgers on Deck will take it from there. If you missed last hour, you're gonna want to podcast that had an opportunity to talk to the man of the Hour last night. Tyler glasnow joined us Brian Anderson with a quick cameo as he's calling the games for TBS David Basse breaking down everything from yesterday and what we can expect to see tonight.
Speaker 3: And I feel like I'm still missing one. Now here he comes right now.
Speaker 5: We had Brian Anderson, We talked to Brian, we talked to Wan right, we talked to David Vase right, and we talked to Tyler Glass now. But joining us right now the architect El Presidente de Baseball Operations, the one.
Speaker 2: And only the King of Tulane.
Speaker 5: The only wishes he went there when they had an on campus football stadium because he wasn't gonna get on the street car down all the way down Saint Charles and go to the super Dome.
Speaker 6: They did serve mixed drinks, so that was nice.
Speaker 5: They tried hard to get us kids over to Lake Ponta train. The one and only Andrew Friedman the absolute tip of the top of the iceberg of decision making when it comes to Dodgers Baseball, and man, do they look good? But we got to ask you, did you plan on this having all four of the big pitchers going? I mean, how much of that is just good fortune? And how much of that is it a little bit of both? Because man, do you guys look good right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I mean, coming in, we knew our pitching was going to be a strength for to play out the way it has exceeded even what we could have imagined.
Speaker 6: They have been incredible.
Speaker 7: Now backing up obviously was the hope, and it takes having a lot of talent, but it also takes a good fortune. Those things when they're combined, really good things happen.
Speaker 4: When you signed Blake Snell this offseason, and I don't know if there's a bigger Blake Snell cheerleader than David Vasse and as no, there's not.
Speaker 3: As he's been affiliation.
Speaker 2: It's hard to like him.
Speaker 6: Man's naturally you want to disagree with day want.
Speaker 4: To go, but like kind of what he's done, I mean, we haven't seen it before, Like what he's done at least since nineteen fifty six, the start that he had going through eight ings, but sort of what what was it that kind of drew you to Blake Snell based on his resume and kind of what he had up to that point in his career because we haven't seen him do this.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I've known Blake since he's eighteen years old and to see the maturation from eighteen to twenty four to twenty eight to thirty and seeing that and getting a really good sense of where he is at talk to him whenever we'd play San Diego and then San Francisco.
Speaker 6: It took that next step for him.
Speaker 7: And he's a guy that you look back historically and you could question his command, but then when you really watch it wasn't command. He's really hard to hit, and so when you're hard to hit, he end up throwing more pitches and you know, guys are fouling stuff off. But he didn't really buy into the importance of getting ahead and flooding the zone with his elite stuff. And last year in San Francisco, he got on a run where things seemingly kind of click for him. When we met with him, how much he wants to pitch in October, how much he had kind of matured and grown.
Speaker 6: As a pitcher, as a person.
Speaker 7: You know, he was number one for us in terms of bringing into the fold and what we thought he could help us do going forward.
Speaker 5: Rookie Batts is playing a brand of shortstop that is gold Glove level. Everybody's all riled up about it. I'm sure it doesn't surprise you, But what does it say about this guy? I mean that he condet in a playoff game. What a wild thing to watch.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not enough is made of it.
Speaker 7: It is incredible what he has been able to do. He is one of one with the ability.
Speaker 6: To do that. And you know, I think.
Speaker 7: Without knowing Muki, I would have been skeptical just because it's never been done one of one. Knowing Mookie and seeing the confidence he had, knowing how when he puts his mind to something, it will happen, and so knowing how committed he was to it made it an easy bet to make.
Speaker 4: Easy, sort of easy hard, the decision to have Roki be a closer and kind of how many people are involved when you decide to do something like that and what led you to that path, because my gosh, does it look incredible?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean obviously crazy arm talent gets off to.
Speaker 6: Kind of an uneven start.
Speaker 7: Delivery was out of whack a little bit, stuff was down, ends up missing a long chunk of time, and so at that point our starters were rolling. He has made a few rehab outings where stuff still hadn't quite come back. Delivery hadn't quite clicked for him, and at that time, it's like, Okay, we're gonna have to have a really productive offseason to get him ready for.
Speaker 6: The season next year. And then he went down.
Speaker 7: To Arizona and with our pitching coordinator Rob Hill, had kind of a breakthrough moment and then solidified with him watching some video next outing in Triple A, it was like, oh my god, that's really good, Like he's kind of back to that twenty twenty three because even twenty twenty four wasn't quite peak Rokie, so it was back to those twenty twenty three levels.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 7: At that time our starting pitching was in such a good place.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 7: Hey, the only way to really the pathway to impact us in October is in the bullpen. If you don't want to do it, we totally understand you've never done it, takes them getting used to there's some risk with it, but that is the pathway, and we feel like you can really help us. Said, don't want you to answer, now, go think about it.
Speaker 6: So he did. Next day he's like, I'm in.
Speaker 7: So it's like, okay, go do two relief outings and Okac, we'll bring you up, get you a couple before the end of the year, and we'll all see where it is. There's no promises, we'll see where it is. And obviously it's been incredible.
Speaker 2: Incredible stuff, no doubt.
Speaker 5: Andrew Friedman, our guest on the Petrol said money Show show hal Taani the most watched every moment is scrutinized, hit a triple last night, gonna pitch tonight. What do you expect from him as the postseason continues. I mean, here's a guy that seems to handle this incredible amount of pressure pretty gracefully.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I can't even imagine just balancing hitting, pitching, the pressure that comes from every angle with him, but he handles it so gracefully. As you said, I expect him to shove on the mountain to night. I think he will be in a really good spot to pitch well and offensively. Every You've seen it now with the Phillies and the Birds, their whole game plan is how to game plan against show Heck. So it's a rity matchup. There's an open base, Let's put him on. He's coming up. Let's bring a lefty in who cares about the tax we have to pay. After that, and they've executed some pitches. Now he wants to do more, and so at times we'll kind of speed up on him and he'll chase a little bit because he's pressing, but everything is orbiting around.
Speaker 6: How do we control show Heck.
Speaker 4: I know you're you're too humble to kind of take this way. I think a lot of Dodger fans would.
Speaker 2: Like what he's failed. He's like Frank Lloyd, right, look at it.
Speaker 3: I'll position it like this.
Speaker 4: I feel as though it discounts what so many of the players on this roster do, what the guys that have come through the farm system have done. That the narrative becomes this is this mega money chug or not, and that's why they're here, and that's the only reason they're here, and that's why we have to question whether or not it's good for baseball. I would assume it's not frustrating for you personally, even though Joe Maddens hold us are the greatest scout he's ever been around, and that does take a shot at your ability to scout these players. But I would imagine it's frustrating for this roster and how it's constructed and what it's constructive of. It's not just a bunch of guys making a whole grip of cash.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it really is a lazy narrative. I get it at surface level. It's easy to pull on that thread, but it discounts these guys so much because you watch us play other teams, and you watch our stars out here early on their knees, taking ground balls, doing extra work.
Speaker 6: You see the other team stars they're never out here.
Speaker 7: So this is about having the right people and the way they prepare and how much they want to win and give back to these incredible fans.
Speaker 6: So it is a disservice.
Speaker 7: To them because the way they play the game, how they prepare, regardless of how much they make or don't make. These guys are wired the right way and they care.
Speaker 5: And it's all because of Freedman Live and Oh Henry's The Friedman Show on South Carrollton. After the season, we love you and congratulations on all your success. You're absolutely awesome. Thanks, thank you for meeting with us. Thank you the great Andrew Friedman. And I don't know, Matt, I think that's it. I'd like to go back upstairs now and drink my meat. The Petros and Money Show on a five seventy rollings we goward with every single guest we could have ever wanted. John Hayman repping Pat Fitzgerald, North with Steve Schner and Darnell Autrey. Today this beautiful Northwestern Long Sleep. You know, Northwestern doing what they did in ninety five. I don't I think Indiana's beating it now, Hayman, I think no way, nor cats. John Haymen a great actor. A lot of people don't know that with Charlton Heston, he went to school in Northwestern. They studied together in the acting department. We'll be back with more Pets Money on AM five seventy LA Sports are your home. I'm the Dodgers. What a fruitful trip down to I told you it was gonna be great down here.
Speaker 2: I've told you.
Speaker 1: Hello, PMS listener, Did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA Sports podcasts. There's Rogan and Rodney, that one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of record, Clipper Talk without a Musk, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app. We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto road.
Speaker 4: Trip all summer with LA Sports. Petro saying money in five to seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Back and our suite the safety and security of the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: I told you nothing good was that going to happen if we went down there? What a night. We only got.
Speaker 5: Andrew Friedman, Tyler glass Now and David Vasse and we talked to Nomar and Stark, and we talked to Wan and Brenner and baped On cameo.
Speaker 2: John Hayman talked about Northwestern football.
Speaker 3: Bob Nightingale with a nod of the head and his tope suit.
Speaker 2: We had a great time down there because Matt and Kate's went down.
Speaker 5: So the social media, Matt, there'll be a bunch of stuff up on the AMI seventy Instagram. Very very fruitful trip. We still have some football to talk, we still have some dishes to wash. Here on the Petro said Money Show, we are on an extra half hour today, it's only a two and a half hour show. The incense, Yeah, and then we have the incense from the place next door, Sweet next Door, trying to create good juju. And we also have that mixed with the smell of our seven thousand dollars plate, the chili of chili and chicken wings, which do not come cheap, like you could literally be eating it. Versize with Marie Antoinette. Adjusted for today's inflation, and this stuff is more expensive. It really is an amazing thing. But that's neither here nor there, Matt. This is something you're involved in. It's time for the word of the day.
Speaker 1: His words the word of the day.
Speaker 5: Today's word of the day is Axe ALS Cornhole Beach Fest. There is a big event going on down in beautiful Redondo Beach on Saturday Tomorrow. It's at the Seaside Lagoon in Redondo Beach, which is right by where they do the Beach Life Fest. It's ten am to six pm and it is a community beach festival to raise awareness for als to acts ALS Lou Garrig's disease. Founded by former Cal and La Rams player Eric Stevens. Eric Stevens is a great fullback from cal whose older brother is one of the great tight ends ever in the Tennessee Titans organization and they're both Peninsula High a lumps where I went to high school. As well as one hundred team cornhole tournament, there's prizes. There's live music all day featuring Tomorrow's Bad Seeds and our friend moy Brett Bolinger of Pepper, a favorite band of the Petrosen Money Show and an up and coming young musician known on the coasts, especially Preston Smith who has played a few Petrosen Money events. Because of a loose affiliation that we have with very loose affiliation some other bands as well. They got food and drinks, local favorites like My Guy, Mickey, Mickey's Delhi and Hermosa Beach right down the street, beer and winegarden, silent and live auctions, amazing prizes, travel packages and experiences up for grabs. It's right in the same area that they do beach Life. It is called ax Als Cornhole Beach Fest. Thirty dollars to get in and that gets you a sandwich from Mickey's Deligs, chips and a drink and all proceeds are going to benefit, of course, the ax Als Foundation helping families battle als and funding vital research, tickets and info at Axaxe because Eric is a firefighter along with being a fullback. Axe A l s Dot Org, the great Stevens family, wonderful people and Mickey Mantz, who I know quite well. They're putting this together and Matt, you'll be there on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Preston's play I think one thirty one four. I think she was on one forty five. Brett's gonna go on at two thirty thirty bucks man, I mean, we just did a show. Brett's been so cool to to press and they've become fast friends, and we just did a show with them. They're gonna play the Great Park in Irvine.
Speaker 3: Later that night.
Speaker 4: I would assume tickets for that show are probably seventy five hundred bucks, so you're gonna get to see Brett for thirty bucks, along with Tomorrow's Bad teas, which and you get a sandwich and the money's going to a great cause.
Speaker 5: Whenever I see Tomorrow's Bad scenes and I walk in the room and Moist sees me, the band switches and they immediately go into playing Clandestino. It's like when Dieter plays the Sea lab Beautiful here at Dodgers Stadium. They're wonderful people, So get on out and there for a great cause. AXA lx s dot org ax als dot or get over to the Seaside Lagoon and it's right by the California Surf Club, which I'm a board member, so not quite the John.
Speaker 3: You would be there, but you're doubling up on it.
Speaker 5: I have football games to call, unfortunately, but Matt, it's time of the number.
Speaker 1: Here's my number, well number the day is four.
Speaker 4: Forgot about the Thursday night or last night, but with sure, watching that amazing By the way, how about old Flakito dude, right forty and forty one year old quarterbacks out there. Somebody said multiple times, I think I'm either eight nine or eight and ten. Maybe the money bucket Twitter can help me out with that. It's one of those two. But here we go. Every window London game great one after the disaster. There was Jets Broncos last week. The Jets nine completions and nine sacks, a thirteen to twelve mess that we exported across the Atlantic. The Blokes, though, well, this week they get a good one four and two Rams four and two, Jaguars, no Pooka and Akua. But this is where signing DeVante Adams comes in, still a number one while he and Stafford haven't quite clicked yet. When Stafford's got pook out there, the chemistry they have is just too good for Devonte to make up any ground. But this I believe will be his coming out party. Jags O line is leaky. Lawrence got hammered last week by Seattle seven sacks, only put up twelve points. Seahawks defense probably better than the Rams, but you still got a heck of a front for the Rams.
Speaker 3: Fourth in the league. In sacks.
Speaker 4: I think they'll do some damage. So I'll lay the two and a half points. Take the Rams. Who I don't understand this. They spent the week practicing at Camden Yards.
Speaker 5: You got a problem with that, Matt. You didn't want to see cal Ripkin out there doing his thing?
Speaker 3: Why not just take it all the way to London?
Speaker 4: Like, what if you're going to spend five nights in a hotel in Baltimore before you fly over to London. Why not just fly over to London and just do it over there with a little bit less money to stay here in the Baltimore. Yeah, that's true. The NFL used to pay for these things and now they don't. Kind of interesting the way that works.
Speaker 2: How about that? All right?
Speaker 4: So I will lay the two and a half fan take the Rams. Early window A couple here, I like, I'll take the Bears. They're starting to hum. Ben Johnson is what Caleb Williams needed. Twelve hundred yards passing Coward agree to're just two picks? He is cut down on the sacks. He's got a ninety eight QB rating, two rushing touchdowns. Rollma Doonza looking like that number one receiver They drafted in the top ten two years ago. He's got five touchdowns, eighteen first downs and no surprise, Ben Johnson's brilliance and the running game has finally started to click with DeAndre Swift. After a zero and two start and being humiliated by the Lions, they have won three straight nail biers for sure, not with Nile from one direction. Oh I hear he can really set an edge blockfield goal to beat the Raiders game field goal.
Speaker 3: He's more of a rush on sure thrashing into the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: I'm a football analyst. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: That's okay to me. I opened that door for you.
Speaker 2: To walk through the edge center for that defense.
Speaker 4: Williams hasn't just been along for the right. He's been driving the bus. Saints are a little plucky, hung in there versus the Pats last week, but the Bears defense now hitting its stride a bit as well. So in Chicago outdoors, rain rain is in the forecast forty to fifty degrees. I will take the team that is used to that sort of weather, not the one that plays in the Dome. Laid the four and a half Bears over the Saints. Afternoon window wrote dog going to take the Commanders getting one and a half in Dallas. Cowboys offense one of the best in the league, defense one of the worst district coming off a pretty brutal loss to Chicago, self inflicted to a pick in the red zone, three fumbles, including one at their own thirty that led to a touchdown, and a field goal kicks.
Speaker 2: It's worse than people thought they would be or better. What's the deal?
Speaker 4: I think they're right about where because they won eleven one score games last year. I think so it's kind of you always build that into your projection, like, well, that's probably not going to happen again. But Jaydan Daniels looks like he's getting healthy, and when he's healthy we certainly saw what he's able to do last year going to the NFC Championship game. So after all of that issues on their own side, I figure they'll clean that up. They could have picked up a first down and iced the game. Instead, they fumbled and that led to the game winning drive from Williams and the Bears. Cowboys defense is not doing much of that at all. They gave up thirty to the Panthers twenty two to the Jets, which is like seventy to any other team, forty to the Packers, thirty one to the Bears, thirty seven to the Giants. So I'll take Jad and Daniels to do enough to get a tight win against his mom and his mom who yeah it is mine.
Speaker 2: She wore a tank top at the other game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so far when they play it was all gunned.
Speaker 2: Up, mattch She was like the uss Iowa.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: She was in high high leather.
Speaker 5: Boots, like d'Artagnan, short skirt and like a custom made Daniels jersey that was form fitting Sunday Nights, they say, Matt, John Lee Hooker said it best, big legs, tight skirt.
Speaker 2: About to drop me out of my mind. Tell me about.
Speaker 4: Sunday Falcons forty nine Ers Primetime Levi's I hate the idea of betting the Falcons, but the forty nine ers.
Speaker 3: Are beat to hell.
Speaker 2: But they got kittle back.
Speaker 4: They did get kittle back. Matt Jones has been playing some great football.
Speaker 2: Did you see that?
Speaker 3: You're a football right there?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Harry Styles sept that edge man.
Speaker 4: Falcon's coming off two good wins Washington and a thrashing of the Bills. They busted up Josh Allen for two interceptions two fumbles.
Speaker 3: Buffalo only put up fourteen points.
Speaker 4: Jon was huge, one seventy on the ground, sixty eight eight through the air. After a disaster against Carolina two weeks ago could have nuked the season for.
Speaker 3: Michael Pennix or a wake up call.
Speaker 4: It was the latter, since then five hundred and sixty three passing yards and three touchdowns. Last week, the Bucks didn't have Bucky Irving and still rushed for one hundred and four and two touchdowns on four yards per gary against the forty nine ers. But I hate this game, so I'm not gonna bet it. Instead, I'm gonna take another one in the early window. Give me the Patriots minus six and a half in Tennessee Mike rabel revenge game after getting fired from there, Drake May looks like a pro bowler.
Speaker 3: Titans just canned their head coach.
Speaker 4: Their number one pick is struggling, they can't convert third downs, they can't stop the pass. They're zero and ten against the spread in their last ten home games. So I'm gonna take New England minus six and a half.
Speaker 2: All right, Duna Moss and the Moss and the Moss it's a.
Speaker 4: Ton of the New England minus six and a half, Chicago minus six and a half, the Rams minus two and a half, and the Commander's getting a point and a half.
Speaker 2: Song today, this is the song of the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The song of the day is kiss Me Deadly by Leeda Ford.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, went to a party last Saturday night.
Speaker 1: I didn't get laid.
Speaker 2: I got in a fight. But I know I like dancing with you, and I know what you like dancing with you.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 5: Couldn't could have been a better choice, Katie, God bless you.
Speaker 3: What did you Friday?
Speaker 5: With the college football whipper around Black? I bet some money continues live from the Vince Kelly Suite on seventy LA Sports Game four of the Dodgers versus the Brewers. They can close it out tonight and drink that Kirkland brand champagne.
Speaker 2: Hello, PMS listener.
Speaker 1: Did you know Am five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA Sports pod There's Rogan and Ronde, that one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vassei, the Dodger Podcast of Record, Clipper Talk with Ada Musk, follow us all, and many more. Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 4: App live at Dodger Stadium, home of the World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers up three to nothing in this NLCS against the Milwaukee Brewers, after knocking off the Phillies three games to one, after knocking off the.
Speaker 3: Reds two games to none.
Speaker 4: It has been an eight and one run here in the postseason thus far, watching the Mariners and Blue Jays right now, Seattle up on nothing in the second Regardless of how long or how short these series go. The World Series will start one week Friday today.
Speaker 5: Which means Monday we will have Monday Night Football, Tuesday full show, Wednesday Clipper game. Thursday the Chargers are playing, so it's a full show, and then Friday will be Game one of the World Series. If you're assuming the Dodgers are going to get through this.
Speaker 3: Which we are well per David Bessey in our first hops.
Speaker 2: Some are David Vess hasn't been wrong yet.
Speaker 5: It is time to open the college football whip around twelve playoff spots available then college football's current format, and seeing how easy Kurt Signetti has taken Indiana from the bottom of the barrel to a top five team in a season and a half is crazy, and because of that, we'll have a coaching carousel spinning out of control in mid October. The high profile firings began at UCLA, Oklahoma State, Virginia Tech in September, and it's continued at Arkansas, Oregon State, and Penn State this month. Because of the massive Penn State opportunity. Indiana went ahead when we were here yesterday had extended Kurt Signetti's deal. Firings and contract maneuverings used to happen in late November and early December, but now the schools are hungry to get a taste of the new playoffs and an old salty dog like Signetti has become the hottest coach in the country literally overnight. Just the latest example of supply and demand. The supply of playoff spots jumped from four to twelve, and all of a sudden, the demand for those eight extra playoff spots was overwhelming. Every year Bama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State, Michigan or LSU, they had a big grip on those four spots. But you're bumping up the twelve teams with nil and the transfer portal available it's a free for all for the cesers booth ball. Fifteen percent of the rest of the people come here, printed people have jobs. A year and a half into the new playoff format, every school feels like they're just a couple moves away from being in the mix. Last week's picks were four and three. We're twenty three and sixteen overall. Without further ado, let's get to this week's picks. In the college football. With North Carolina two and three at California four and two, ACC showedout seven night on ESPN, I know what I'll be watching, Bears favored by ten and a half, I'm expecting the Goldensos the Osos de Lotto to deliver an ass kicking in Memorial Stadium. The Bill Belichick coach Tar Heels are row and three against power for programs including UCF who I just saw who boat raced them. The Heels have lost at least by a margin of twenty five points in those three games. I'm looking for a big game from Cal's freshman cornerback Jaron Socapore Polo Telly Soga Polo Telly Socapolle means you're welcome in Greek.
Speaker 2: The Bears cover ten and a half point wa.
Speaker 5: Georgia Tech is six and oh number twelve at Duke four and two nine on Spen Blue Devils one and a half point faves. I believe the undefeated Yellow Jackets will meet their match in Durham. Georgia Tech is hot, but they narrowly escape thirty to twenty nine in overtime. And their last road game against the fighting Jake Dickerts in Wake Forest, Duke brings a lot more file power than the Deeks. I got the Duchies minus a point and a half. Little acc flavor for you, you like that, man, that's in honor of your I believe the.
Speaker 2: Duke will win.
Speaker 5: It's a little lot a little flavor for your when you paddled out in South Carolina.
Speaker 3: That's right, little Foley Beach there.
Speaker 5: Washington is five and one at the Big House Michigan four and two, nine am on Fox. The Wolverines are favored by six and a half points. It is hard to believe that neither of these teams is ranked. The Huskies bounce back from their Ohio State loss by systematically dismantling.
Speaker 2: Rutgers last Friday.
Speaker 5: Michigan freshman quarterback Bryce Underwood was underwhelming against USC Thank you. The sixty chance of rain will not FaZe Washington.
Speaker 2: Give me the dogs, Give me the goal. I want the goat. I want to go.
Speaker 1: Let go.
Speaker 2: I want the goal. Do not be alarmed. Do not be alarmed. I'm a leperclown expert good to that in a moment. Give me the Dogs plus six and a half.
Speaker 4: I would just like Brady Quinn and uh Dan Orlovsky to get into a fight over Underwood again on Twitter.
Speaker 3: That was one of the better ones of the season.
Speaker 2: I missed that.
Speaker 4: I believe last year said that Underwood right after the first two games was one of the most unknown, underrated quarterbacks in college football and not talked about nearly enough. And really Brady's response was, Hey, Grock the AI on Twitter, Yes, is what's his first name?
Speaker 2: Bryce Underwood? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is Brice Underwood considered unknown and underrated? And it came back with no, Brice Underwood was the number one ranked quarterback recruit in the nation.
Speaker 5: It's got the biggest nil check in as a freshman in the whole country.
Speaker 3: That was his response to Orlowski. Yeah, Brady Quinn and he was underwhelming.
Speaker 5: Clack number seven Texas Tech six and zero at Arizona State four and two. This is the Tortilla Game, Oh Tortilla Bowl, one o'clock on Fox. Red Raiders favored by seven and a half. They made the biggest leap have the Red Raiders in national expectations from last season to this season, and they made a big jump by paying for new players in the transfer portal.
Speaker 1: It turns out that works.
Speaker 5: It did this time. Yeah, but you just asked an am over the last thirty years if it was Jimbo Fisher. But the Red Raiders cornerback Baron Morton got knocked out of last week's game against Kansas with a right ankle injury.
Speaker 2: Yeh a lot.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, Asus triggerman Sam Levin didn't drans for last week's loss, but Levin is listed as probable for this game. But we saw John Mattier come back maybe a little too early and not be able to perform very well in the Red River rivalry with that upgraded roster. The closest game in Texas Tech has played this year is twenty four point went over Utah. I'm taking the top Raiders minus the seven and a half blah bluck Black.
Speaker 2: Cuts up on the Plants in West Texas.
Speaker 5: Number twenty three, Utah five and one at number fifteen, Utah b Yu The Holy War five o'clock on Fox, make.
Speaker 1: Way for by.
Speaker 5: Say Hey, it's by you, Hey, what's the day? B Yu and Utah the Big twelve again The Holy War will be locked in as an annual rivalry game.
Speaker 3: Helps with tramp over.
Speaker 2: The last decade.
Speaker 5: You know you'll rather go down to Provo than playing a Morgantown, right, and you know something they want to do every year. Over the last decade, there were five years that the rivalry game wasn't played, and it's a travesty tomorrow. I think Utah's defense will stifle BYU freshman quarterback, our friend Baron Bachmeier forty seven, forty seven so good, he's awesome, He's fun to watch. Yom, but the Utes cover the three and a half points spread. E Yu might win, but the youths will come. Maryland is four and two at UCLA two and four four o'clock on FS one.
Speaker 2: I'll be on after that.
Speaker 3: Stretched to be a love to be a bruin.
Speaker 2: Bruins are favored by three and a half.
Speaker 5: I want my wife to jump and straddle me wrong, grabbed me by our legs at the end of the game, Jerry Neuheisel, Sir, Will the Bruins success continue against the Terrapins after reaching four and zero?
Speaker 2: The Terps have.
Speaker 5: Been in position in position to win the last two games versus Washington and Nebraska. When the Turps are in a position to win a game, they call that terrafin station.
Speaker 1: That's right, go ahead, only to blow both.
Speaker 2: Games down to strack. Oh yeah, you see.
Speaker 5: LA's follow up performance last week at Michigan State was spectacular. But I'm taking the Turps plus three and a half points in the close game.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am no.
Speaker 5: Shout out to Tim Kates on Dodger pregame a five seventy LA Sports up on the big screens. Shout out to Brian Blackmore and Brian Long, the brain trust, Dave Weis of the Show, and Dave Weize, who looks more tired than even Tim Kats.
Speaker 2: I mean, I thought I had butthhole eyes. Wow, look at you.
Speaker 3: Mix in some clinique.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, why don't you get one of those frozen things and sleep with those?
Speaker 3: You know, it looks like corpse con.
Speaker 2: Halloween's not for another couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: Beetlejuice guards you two kates.
Speaker 3: You're taking it by the way.
Speaker 5: Uh, David has got picture of Martinez for the pregame show.
Speaker 3: Look at that.
Speaker 5: I saw it.
Speaker 3: I saw him work all he worked in.
Speaker 5: Number twenty USC the biggest game, the most important game in the history of the world. Five and one, last beating ever versus number thirteen.
Speaker 2: This could be the last time. This could be the last time, could be the last time. I don't know.
Speaker 5: The USC's five and one versus number thirteen, Notre Dame four and two?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but who are those two losses to? Well?
Speaker 5: Talking about Miami and ain't tough three teams? They talk about it all right? Four point thirty on NBC with punk Ass Matt Castle. The Irish are favored by nine and a half points. You know Castle's got a podcast with Bobby Jumping Bones. Bobby Bones. Yeah, Bobby Bones does a po podcast with Backcastle.
Speaker 3: I bet it's on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: You just need to listen to this, Bobby Bones.
Speaker 2: Is it listenable?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 4: What he's doing with sports is what I want you guys to do with country news on all right. I like he's gonna cross. He's gonna cross promote himself. Guys, I'm trying to open these doors for you. I'm gonna high five everybody when they walk into this week. But all you do is pee in my face when I open the door instead of walk through it and take the money.
Speaker 5: Matt I had my say on Wednesday about how ridiculous us He is for slow playing the contract renewal of the USC Notre Dame rivalry. It makes me sick, but I will stick to the game today. USC is catching Notre Dame at a bad time, while us he opened twenty twenty five with meaningless victories over Missouri State and Georgia Southern. The Irish started this year with mail binding losses to Miami and A and M. As you mentioned, they're still they but out of necessity. Because of that, the Notre Dame team is a rabid pack of chunkyard dogs. The Irish are good and they're in a must win situation the rest of the way.
Speaker 2: Losing is not enough.
Speaker 5: USC was impressive against Michigan against the most underrated and unknown cornerback in the history of mankind, according to stan Roski, but the Trojans lost their top two running backs to injury during the victory. There's a fifty chance of rain at a kickoff on Saturday. The rain percentage increases throughout the game. I think USC still has some to prove on the road, and I'm taking Notre Dame minus nine and a half. Wow, although in the USC Notre Dame week. Aside from my football analyst life, I do watch the original version of the Fleetwood Mac Tusk video which was shot right here at Dodger Stadium on the field with Fleetwood Mac when They're Young and the USC Trojan Spirit, Detroit Marching Band and doctor Art Bartner, and it's pretty freaking sweet beautiful. Last week's off the menu prop went a ride. I thought the Dodgers would lose game Corgans the Phillies. I'm glad I was wrong. This week, I'm predicting another power for head coach will be fired. There's a prop for that. Well, there's not always a prop for my prop, okay, but I'm predicting that another power for coach will be fired by Monday.
Speaker 2: Who's it gonna.
Speaker 1: Be, Who's it gonna be?
Speaker 5: Who is it gonna be? Could be our friend Jonathan Smith. I hope it's not.
Speaker 3: Ah, Thanks, you're tough.
Speaker 5: And East Lancy, I've got an FS one Mountain West doubleheader on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Twelve thirty pm.
Speaker 5: We got boy is he hosting undefeated UNLV? That'll be great? And then Dan Helly and I will have lunch at the Apple Pan about a mile away from.
Speaker 3: The Fox Lot.
Speaker 5: Catch your breath, quality forever, reset, Cleanse the palate, and that at six forty five, our nightcap is Nevada at and improved New Mexico team. What in New Mexico and U and LV have in common other than they're both at the Mountain West and they both wear red. They both beat UCLA this year. Oh yes, let's reset the pins. What's the prop that some power for coach is gonna get fired on you? I thought you were going to name which one. No, I'm like, I got the Christy, you got to figure it out. I thought you'd appreciate that. A literary, literary man, I'm offended by that.
Speaker 3: I know a lot of people work.
Speaker 5: My favorites this week count Duke, Utah, Texas, tech A, Notre Dame All minus the points and my dogs Washington, Maryland plus the point that's fruit in Little Squagos everybody enjoy the games, and we'll get right.
Speaker 2: Down to the baseball.
Speaker 5: In the next segment, Man as the Petress and Money Show continues from beautiful Dodger Stadium right on the cusp of Game four of the NLCS.
Speaker 3: It's about time he does get back to the baseball.
Speaker 5: You know who's coming here tonight to the suite, Steve Endorm, even more famous, the guy that created the Simpsons.
Speaker 2: Matt Grinning.
Speaker 3: Matt Granning's coming into suite.
Speaker 2: Matt Greenning is going to be here.
Speaker 1: Who told you that little bird in this.
Speaker 2: Suite right here?
Speaker 1: That's incredible. His name is the b I P s No, it's a deek.
Speaker 5: And guess what I'm like Britney Murphy in that movie. Oh, he's freely. We miss you. Thanks for listening. We'll be right back with another twenty minutes. Catch us some money.
Speaker 1: That