Speaker 1: All right, it's Mojoe in the morning show. So I realize, being a not a college graduate, that I wish I could go back to college.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna explain to you why.
Speaker 1: This past weekend, I went back to Arizona, to Tucson where I once lived, and I stayed on campus at a hotel that was on the college campus there at the University of Arizona, and I realized as I was walking around, if it wouldn't look weird, I would retire from radio and I would go back to college and try to be like a lawyer or something. Because the girls and the parties were like unbelievable.
Speaker 2: It was crazy.
Speaker 1: First off, if you're if your kid's going to college and they're going to go out of state, you know, and they're not gonna pay you don't you know, you're your kid's not going to be paying you know, because of money and stuff like that. You're not gonna pay in state tuition, which is definitely a difference, because I only got one out of three that gave me in state tuition. The rest of them were all out of state situition. Let me just say this to you, why would you choose to go out of state to go to a school in a cold climate, like I would sow if I was a kid getting ready to go to college, I'd go to Alabama, like one of those SEC schools or around state.
Speaker 2: Tuition is cheaper than is it. Ye'll give you all sorts of money.
Speaker 1: But if your kids looking at going to school, trust me, I just was there. Go to Arizona, the University of Arizona. I have never in my life ever seen a better college campus, and my kids have gone to many colleges. Luke's going to Michigan State right now. It's a nice place, but the place looks like it looks like a prison.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You walk around Michigan State unless it's spring or fall, it's a prison, for God's sakes. University of Arizona palm trees, the place had. They had Starbucks and Chipotle and Chick fil A's on campus, Like it was like, I'm like, this is like literally.
Speaker 4: The one of my friends went there and she would always post between classes. She was like tanning by a pool, Like this is crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me tell you the wile And so we hung out.
Speaker 1: So shout out again to John Jay and Rich and shout out to John Jay and his wife Blake for letting us, Joe and I hang out and crash with their son, who is really an amazing kid. There's something about you know, all twenty year olds are very similar, but this kid was not like a normal twenty year old. He's He's on par with my son, Luke. I think Luke is really special, but John Jay's no. I think he's like no, I think I think. I think Luke is. Luke is not the most book smart, but he's the most personality smart. Like he's got a pep. He's got he he will be successful in his life. He doesn't make a difference what he's gonna be. He's gonna do well. And that's exactly how John Jay's son is. This kid was just so outgoing and fun and I got to see see if I have this text that he sent me, which I thought was really really cool. So I had said to him, I go, hey, you his name is Dutch, by the way, which is like the coolest name because they're Dutch. They're you know, John Jay's uh, John Jay's Mexican and his uh, his mom is Dutch, so they named him Dutch believe or not yeah, yeah, oh yeah, his abuelo, his actually his uncle. His uncle is the mayor of like a town in Mexico.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, never knew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is funny, So Dutch, So Dutch goes, Yo, Mojo, come back anytime that you want to. You and Joe are so great. By the way, if you want, I'll send you all the applications. Because I said to him, my goal, are there any like forty year olds, like or fifty year olds that like come back to school? Dutch says to me, He goes, I had a forty five year old in one of my class that did a project for him. He had a forty five year old dude that went back to college and did the did they got teamed up in a project. And here's Dutch, who's a freshman, he's like, what nineteen or something like that, got teamed up with a forty.
Speaker 2: Five year old forty five drum street like a magic.
Speaker 5: Sister just did this. She did My youngest sister just did this. She went back to school just just to get like like a very specialized degree, and most of her classes were online, but at the end she had to go in person and do like the exams and stuff, and it was out of state, and she's like, Shannon, it was me and like twenty year old. My sister's in her mid thirties, so it's not that crazy, but she's like it it felt like, you know, the age difference was decades, Like she felt so out of place.
Speaker 4: There was an older man in one of my classes in college, and I felt so bad for him because it's like he didn't know how to do school like everyone else. Like we were on our laptops like taking notes now and then, and he was just scribbling everything on his paper, like everything now, and.
Speaker 2: I was like, you don't need to do that.
Speaker 1: I went to the bookstore and by the way, if you're if you had a class with an older person, you have to tell us, like what that was, Like, I want to know eight four to four Mojo Live. I went to the bookstore and right in the start of the bookstore they had the U of A and it's the I think the company is called Jan Sport. It's the backpack company Jan Sport backpacks. I wanted to buy one and walk on campus.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I wanted to strap it.
Speaker 1: I would probably won strap it because wow, I'd have to really open it wide, did to strap it, and plus if I two strapped it, they probably think I was a homeless guy on campus or something like that. But I but I was like seeing all these kids like walking around. They had, you know, what they had on at their school because of weather.
Speaker 2: So nice.
Speaker 1: They have a bike area where they have you can like put your bikes and stuff, but it's all like nicely put into like a little corral and then the bike repair free on campus repair for your bicycles. Like in one particular area, they had like a student activity center that I walked into. I walked in this student activity center. It was nicer than the Lifetime Fitness on Telegraph Road and Bloomfill the Hills.
Speaker 2: Beautiful.
Speaker 1: If you're a college kid, you don't pay for it. You're on campus, you don't pay for it. I'd be hanging out there all day. When I was at UH. I think I was at Wayne Sayter. Maybe I was at WC three and took a class there or something like that.
Speaker 6: But it was an African American studies class and one of our first classes. I remember the teacher was a smaller class and he was like, you know, we get to know everybody. It's that type of atmosphere. Tell me, like your name and what year you are, and I'm like freshman peoples are going around. It was an older lady who said in the front she was like in the beginning tomorrow and after everybody's going around, you know, freshman sophomore.
Speaker 1: She was like forever learner. It was really cool. Hold on a second here, Matt, what's up is Mojo in the morning?
Speaker 3: Hey Mojo, real question is from this weekend? Did the tarps come off? Did you wear the right shirt?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, no, you ready for this?
Speaker 1: It was red? The color was red. I actually yeah, I did not take the shirt off. I did not go shirtless, although there were some kids there that were like shirtless with their you know, chest painted and they were all like dressed up. But I was kind of happy with it. You can go see the pictures on the on the Instagram. But I lucked out on that and I actually what I ended up doing was I wore a white polo. So I bought a white polo that said U of A on it. At the bookstore they had Lululemon as one of their things was kind of cool as comfortable, and then I bought a red quartership to put on the top of it.
Speaker 2: What's up, Jasmine? How you doing good?
Speaker 8: Are you?
Speaker 9: First time.
Speaker 6: Jazz?
Speaker 4: So college, we had this older lady that you could tell she she.
Speaker 9: Was the best friend of everyone.
Speaker 4: She didn't have that experience probably growing up, it seemed like, and everyone.
Speaker 9: Absolutely loved her.
Speaker 4: She was she was probably my favorite person to ever do projects with and everything like that.
Speaker 7: She was.
Speaker 8: She was awesome.
Speaker 2: It was pretty wild to see.
Speaker 1: There were some older people that were walking around and at first I thought they were professors. And then I'm like, they're not dressed like nice enough to be a professor, you know what I mean, Like they were they were.
Speaker 2: In shorts and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: And I'm looking going, I wonder if these guys went back to school, like it would be kind of honestly, you met. I never I never got to go to like a really traditional college. I went to a broadcasting school, you know. I went to like, you know, Columbia College in Chicago. Basically it was like a city school, like you know, I don't know, uh, like an arts It was no, it was it was it was like three steps up from that. It was like a CCS.
Speaker 2: That's a real college.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you don't have an atmosphere. You don't have a basketball team, a football team, don't you don't have all the stuff. Like we went, Joe and I went to this bar called gentle Men's and it's the it's the bar, it's the bar. It was the it was the bar on campus that all the kids go to before and after games. And so no, no, no, it's a regular bar, but he might as well have been with the way people were dressed. The last time I had been in that bar was when I hosted an event there and Joey was home with his momot circle. We were sitting there drinking, and you know the funny thing is nobody carded us when we walked.
Speaker 2: Into these places let's call it gentleman's, gentle men's. No, not gentlemen, gentlemen's, gentle gentle ben, gentle men's. We walked.
Speaker 1: It's like legendary. And then Dirt Bags went to this place called dirt Bags that I hadn't been.
Speaker 2: Gentle ben.
Speaker 1: Joe actually called me Epstein when I was walking around pointing out the girls.
Speaker 5: I'm like, looking kind of fond of you, but it's going to be gentle that's it.
Speaker 2: That's on the phone with us right now, Rainy. What's up Rainy?
Speaker 9: Hey the first time?
Speaker 7: Long time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, first off, I've been listening to you guys since I was like in fifth grade.
Speaker 8: We love that.
Speaker 7: I was calling. Is that.
Speaker 9: I went to the University of Kentucky Communications Majors. Yeah, I was a communications majors. So I had a lot of classes that were like group projects and like public speaking, and there was always at least like one older person, and a lot of time I was grouped up with them in like small groups, and they were always my favorite people to be grouped up with because like when you're like when they're like older, they're not scared to talk, and nobody like in their twenties or like my age, wanted to ever like talk. So they were always my favorite to be grouped up with.
Speaker 2: They do the work.
Speaker 1: And if they don't get a good grade, they can say it's age discrimination, ageism.
Speaker 2: What's going on, Thomas? How you doing?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 8: What's going on? Guys? So I went back to school to finish up and get my high school diploma in twenty nineteen. Crazy high school year that was chasing skirts and stuff.
Speaker 7: And yeah, not taking it seriously or whatever, but be.
Speaker 8: My high school valedictorian. She was part of my class graduating class for sixty nine years old.
Speaker 1: Come on, oh my gosh, when really sixty nine year old woman went back to high school to go get.
Speaker 2: Her education then was italictorian. Wow, that's incredible. Was she also the prom queen too?
Speaker 8: I asked if she wanted to go into the prom? She's she said.
Speaker 1: No, that would be amazing, by the way, to take like an old person to prom.
Speaker 2: That was a classmate. What's up? How you doing, Collin?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 2: So fantastic? What's up?
Speaker 3: I actually teach to college and rural northwest Ohio. I've had students raging from like fourteen to like seventy three.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yeah, the fourteen year old. I'm a little iffy, if you know. I don't want my fourteen year old kid in a class. But as seventy something is person, Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Don't come out, you know whenever. Like, I've got people that are out there because they're bored. I've got people that retired.
Speaker 7: It's going to come back.
Speaker 1: I mean, do you ever see do you ever see the seventy three year old inviting the kids over to go drink at their house.
Speaker 3: No, but I've seen a forty six year old do that with a twenty one year old.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: We just had that on the second date updates, just a couple of minutes ago. So that's crazy. Well, thank you for the call. I appreciate it.
Speaker 8: God.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again, keV, I have to give you a shout out in this one. The in game experience at u of A in No Offense. It's d Wayne Chavez who d Wayne is on the air and Tucson. He was actually our boss Channon when we were syndicated there. He's he's good. He ain't Kevin, though. Kevin is so good on the mic in game. I appreciate It's amazing. So, uh, Valerie says, I'm old and I went back to school.
Speaker 2: How old, Valerie?
Speaker 7: I went back at age fifty two?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 2: What do you What did you study?
Speaker 7: I'm a mecca bio technology.
Speaker 2: Oh my god? What period?
Speaker 1: Yeah, i'd be doing communications. Wow.
Speaker 7: I was in community college. Okay, good, it's something my experiment and I told my teacher I can make you do it if he can, So I dichected his experiments, grew his cultures back up and made it work, and I told the students, I'm not your teacher. I'm a student, just like you're leaving me alone.
Speaker 2: Wow, what do you What did you go back to school for? Like, what do you do now that you wanted to do?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 7: I'm probably retired that I have a degree in my chronology and that job ended some years ago. It's like, okay, how can I add on to this? I like working with RNA. It's like, I can do this. But it was the first time they had that course for degrees off of.
Speaker 2: You say you worked with RNA. Give Lydia your phone number.
Speaker 5: I need a tutor for Lucy because I can't help her with her homework. I'm not kidding. And that's what she's learning about. That's very inspiring that that is so great. I think I would like to go back to school.
Speaker 2: You go, uh, probably like I'm retired now.
Speaker 7: Sometime of think what do I want to do now?
Speaker 2: Hey, Valerie, quick question for you.
Speaker 1: If the teacher gives you a bad grade, can you send them to their room?
Speaker 7: Would that be nice? She was about in his thirties.
Speaker 2: Did you call him sonny? Sonny?
Speaker 7: I didn't, but every so often it's like it's like I'm not your mom.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, Valerie. You were an inspira. We love you. Thank you for calling.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'll call you when I get the next degree.
Speaker 1: Valerie, my reasoning of going back to school is how much fun and partying I can do.
Speaker 2: You're actually doing it for good. This is crazy.