Speaker 1: Here we are seven o three parts of Morning Show past the thousands in the studio. Hi, Perry, how are you, buddy?
Speaker 2: I'm wonderful hawk. How are you doing?
Speaker 3: Brother?
Speaker 4: Pretty goot mess known out there yet, is it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Good? Nice morning?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, good good good.
Speaker 1: Lots off on the show. They're still talking over there. We'll get right back into main stadia in just a moment here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's filling up.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I can tell no mars today.
Speaker 3: No, she's under the weather. Yeah. So some dudes are gonna win initials today.
Speaker 2: Thank God, it's.
Speaker 4: Gonna happen that way. Anyway, good guys, we'll see.
Speaker 2: They'd be great with it, would be we feel good she's here?
Speaker 1: Or everybody said over there, everybody said, Jeff is good?
Speaker 2: Good set on Parish.
Speaker 3: Were you you were never mister hockey were you?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: No, I was hockey as correct, but I know somebody that was.
Speaker 3: Yes, he was mister hockey minister. What's up, Jeff? How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing fantastic. Nice to meet you. That's John Kriesel.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you guys know we should a little bit great you guys are you guys are working together in the next week or so on some level.
Speaker 1: We are.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Northland is the official vodka of Hockey Day Minnesota in Hastings. So if you're on site and you're drinking a vodka, it is ours, so soak it in, enjoy it. Very tasty. So yeah, there Hockey Day Minnesota. If you haven't been down there, is amazing. We're down there the other day and the just seeing all of the work in progress.
Speaker 2: The complex, oh spectacular.
Speaker 6: Yeah, these guys did an amazing job down the United Heroes League tay for all these guys.
Speaker 8: It is beautifully, beautifully set up. It's looking fantastic, that's all. Shanehudella your buddy.
Speaker 2: You too, man, he has the saw you work in the other day.
Speaker 8: I'm just putting I like starting the fires and put them out at night. But we've had a tremendous support from the community the last couple of weeks. Here there's people out all hours of the day trying to get the final things in and I was to increase that. I mean, they were out there a couple of days ago. It's already changed so much right now. So we're super excited as a community to have people down there.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: So Hockey Day now is like a week in change, right, it's been aggressive. It's not even close to a day anymore. But it kicks off tomorrow and it goes through when.
Speaker 2: Till the following Saturday, Saturday, actual Hockey Day.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So Shane had a good point. He's like, listen, we have this great venue down here. We're putting a lot of money into the infrastructure, the tents, the bleachers, you know. To only have three or four days, it's it's kind of a waste. So I think eight was a bit aggressive, but we're gonna make it happen.
Speaker 2: It's just that it's that special.
Speaker 8: I think we try to invite as many communities as we can, and I think they're really going to enjoy.
Speaker 2: But we're ready to kick off tomorrow morning.
Speaker 3: Mark, you know, Jeff, Jeff you know, yeah, yeah, sure, you're nice to meet you Jeff again again.
Speaker 2: So when did you guys meet for the first time? Oh? Boy, years ago?
Speaker 6: Probably, you know, usually usually, especially when it's the older guys me and the younger guys. I'm the older guy. Uh, it's like it's the it's at the like the summer camp. Like Brian Ltton used to have like Octagon summer camp where the NHL is would get together and be getting ready or staying in shape, getting ready for the following season, and then you'd invite like the top the top talent left from colleges or d one or whatever. So I would put money on it would have been in one of those skates.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think so that was always a big eye opener for the college or high school kids that they invite in there.
Speaker 2: You're just kind of staring at these guys.
Speaker 8: And we were laughing at a little event the other night for the Hockey Hall of Fame that you know, favorite players growing up. Obviously guys like perrying them. But everybody's answer was Mike Crowley just right across the board.
Speaker 2: And he actually texted.
Speaker 8: Me last night saying that he can't play in the alumni game, but they said, I'll save him a seat if he wants to show.
Speaker 2: Up, marking guy. I am playing.
Speaker 6: I am dustuff. I'm gonna have to get those skates sharp, but they're gonna be so sore yesterday.
Speaker 2: Or at a wrist shot, I was a rach shot. I did not dare go for a slap shot. I like my wrist. I didn't want to break it.
Speaker 3: I'm a little ignorant when it comes to high school hockey. What other notables have we had from Hastings outside of yourself?
Speaker 8: Quite a few, actually, most recent ones. Derek step On wait for the Rangers, a couple other teams. Taylor Chorney was a Hastings guy. Then you go back a little bit longer as Dean Talifis he played for the North Stars. John Gruden, I think he's a coach at Toronto Marley's right now. So we've had a handful for a small town. I think when I grew up it was maybe fifteen thousand. I think they're at twenty two thousand now. But yeah, it's kind of one of those things where, you know, even when I was growing up, we stuck with our high school team, didn't really transfer go to the US program, so we had a lot of really really good teams and players back then.
Speaker 4: Do you play any other sports?
Speaker 8: I played baseball. I had a great time playing baseball. That was kind of one of my decisions too. I think I was invited to the one of the first few years of the National Development program out there in ann Arbor, and I said, wow, we've got a pretty good baseball team, so stuck that one out. Never won state terma in hockey, but we wanted in baseball, so I guess that was kind of nice.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: I asked specifically because I love that little high school football stadium you guys.
Speaker 4: Have in Hastings right there.
Speaker 5: Man, that's sweet when you.
Speaker 1: Turn left there by the dun Brothers and you go towards you know, not that I've been there a few times, but man, that is a cool little high school football staium.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, yeah, you're thinking of the beer Stuberrier right there. I'm sure.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we were just talking the hallway. A lot of people probably thought Hockey Day would be there in the little Bowl, but you know, it worked out well to have it at UHL seventy two acres. We got a lot of space down there, so parking should be all set. We got Treasure Island and doing shuttles. We got local establishments in Hastings doing the same thing. So I think it's going to be a great event for everyone.
Speaker 3: So, Jeff, I'm looking at your Wikipedia page. Oh boy, no, this is a I think this is a cool thing. This is one of those things that, like you know, everybody lives their own life. I'm sure you had some pros and cons to this, but it looks like your NHL career ends. And listen to this, like four year run, this is so cool, though you played for these are I can't pronounce anything that first one, right, okay, So that's in Sweden. So you start playing in Sweden. Then you go to Russia.
Speaker 8: You're never going to pronounce that. Now, how do you say that one at Nephtahimik.
Speaker 2: You don't want to you don't want to go there.
Speaker 5: Then you go to this Slovakia.
Speaker 3: How do you say that team brought Lava? That's okay, that's a one. I've pretty big city, correct. Then you go to the Swiss League, right yep?
Speaker 8: A little boring there for me. So then I went back to Radislava another year.
Speaker 4: Man, that last one seems bothersome.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's not the last one.
Speaker 5: Grant Fear is a former hockey goalie.
Speaker 2: It's not like how Sauce called Matt la.
Speaker 3: So Sweden, Russia, Slovakia, Switzerland.
Speaker 5: That's crazy. So all right, let's go back to what I kind of alluded to. How how much is it? Like?
Speaker 3: All right, this sucks I'm not in the tell anymore, but you're traveling the world and you're still getting to play the game you love.
Speaker 2: That's that's got to be pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Still. It was.
Speaker 2: It was a great experience my first year in Sweden.
Speaker 8: A lot of North American guys hockey was good, had a really good season there. And then obviously, if you're doing that, the KHL and Russia is going to be calling, so it was kind of a no brainer. I actually loved playing in Russia, and the two Broadest Lava teams that I was on were in the KHL at that time too, So basically three years over in the Russian League, which I mean, as much as people have horror stories about it, you're you're going to find them.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of them.
Speaker 8: But I really enjoyed my time there, So it was neat. But you know, we had young kids at the time. Finally got to the age where I probably could have still played a couple of years, but I was just done. I was sick of being away. They were in school, so I just went home and kind of helped the wife a little bit for a few years, and then she told me to get a job, and I don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: Well, how's the pay in Russia or Sweden or so season?
Speaker 8: If you don't mind asking seasons the same, it's it just starts about a month earlier. So that's kind of hard when you're when you're living here in the summer and you got to take off early at the best time of the year.
Speaker 5: It's not fun.
Speaker 8: Russian training camps are brutal. They just don't really trust the guys to get in shape by themselves, so it's a bit.
Speaker 2: It's a bit of a grind there for a while, you know, hockey player.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is it basically like the montage from Ivan Drago and Rocky for Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean there's no NHLPA or anything where they're going to say it's three hour days.
Speaker 2: And you can go home. It's you can go home when they tell you.
Speaker 3: So, which what'd you like the best? Out of those the foreign leagues? Which one did you have the most fun?
Speaker 5: In?
Speaker 2: KHL?
Speaker 8: I think is the best one. Swedish is really defensive hockey. Swiss is wide open. A lot of kind of selfish players in that league, and that's not how I play.
Speaker 2: I'm more of a passer.
Speaker 3: You're older, I got what what did you think about guys that just basically posted up around the net and just hacked at it and never passed Harryson Radio.
Speaker 2: Thank you, that's the best.
Speaker 1: We just read a story I think was last week about the Hirshey Bears. Were you ever there when they did that throw the bears on the ice thing?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The old Teddy Bear? Yeah, yeah, I played.
Speaker 5: There two years.
Speaker 2: Isn't that forever? It's God, it's probably been about fifteen twenty years now.
Speaker 5: It's cool.
Speaker 8: I mean, it just exploded though. And then there were some games where I think I've read sometimes where it would go to overtime even and then they were worried about people just throwing them on whenever they wanted in overtime. So it's a really cool thing.
Speaker 9: Her.
Speaker 8: She's a great town. I loved it there. Like I said, two years spent and just great people. I got to do that. I got to be there for that once day for there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh, and I had no idea what was going on or it was going to happen, and I was unfortunately on the ice when it happened, standing around center ice, and next thing was getting buried in Teddy Bears.
Speaker 2: It's like takes like thirty minutes.
Speaker 6: I mean everybody brings multiple ye yeah, and that.
Speaker 2: Even to.
Speaker 4: A children's hospital or something. Is that right?
Speaker 2: For good?
Speaker 5: It is? Yeah yah yah.
Speaker 8: Either give them really cool or Ronald McDonald house there does a great job too, so cool.
Speaker 3: It's a cool community, by the way, full circle for a lot of us. Do you have any idea how many myself included people fell in love with this radio station because of Pa and Debay's love of Golden Gopher.
Speaker 5: Hawkeye like twenty five years ago.
Speaker 3: And I'm not I was never a huge hockey fan growing up, and I wasn't even a Gopher hockey fan when it was gigantic, But I loved their enthusiasm so much that I seemed to care about a team that I didn't care about beforehand.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, man, radio seems fun.
Speaker 3: So you were on those teams that like had the Twin Cities on the edge of their seats.
Speaker 5: What was that like?
Speaker 3: And did you feel the kfan presence and the specifically the Pa and Debay presence all the way back then and all that momentum like.
Speaker 2: They were part of the team. I feel like they were always there.
Speaker 5: It was great.
Speaker 8: What Perry and a lot of the guys did for Saint Cloud and turned that program around. That was never going to be me. I think I always knew where I was going to go play hockey. Love the Gopher stuff sitting over here too right now. But it was special, Like we had a really good group of guys. Doug wu recruited me. You came in and it kind of took over that program for a while. I feel like, Doug good So maybe you weren't going to go there. You were too good. So you were saying, so Doug will get an eye for talent. You were saying, yeah, of course to go there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but man, what a wild ride right like that was That was the Golden Age. Obviously we've seen glimpses of it since then, but man, that was a really sweet window that you were a part of.
Speaker 8: It was you had great leadership there though, you know, Johnny Poole, Jordan Leopold, had a bunch of great players.
Speaker 4: Those names.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was legends, Man, they were legends. They really were coming in.
Speaker 8: I remember being recruited by Gunzol too. He was like the Frozen four is here at the Excel Center. Wouldn't you'll be a junior and I'm thinking, okay, whatever, not a big deal.
Speaker 2: Sure enough, we make it there. It was just kind of a wild ride.
Speaker 8: Then I ended up leaving for my senior year, turned pro and then you get a guy like Tommy Evanna come in and just takeover my lord.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hockey Day Minnesota twenty twenty six starts tomorrow to the twentieth anniversary.
Speaker 7: The website sorry to cut you off first HOCKEYDAYMN dot com because all the questions about logistics and parking and all of that can be answered on there.
Speaker 5: And then some tickets on there.
Speaker 2: No, it's tickets.
Speaker 8: Tickets, yep, volunteer shifts. Whatever you want to find is on that website.
Speaker 7: And you'll get to see the grounds of United Heroes League and what Houdela and others have have really grown as an awesome charitable organization. And then when you enter, you will go through the Northland Hockey or the Northland Vodka tent and if you donate to United Heroes League, we'll give a bottle of Northland and uh Mark Parish will sign it. So yeah, yeah, Mark and I are going to be out there a lot next week.
Speaker 5: People.
Speaker 4: He does have to sign your bottle if you don't want to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, I come running at you with the markert understand, I mean all the best.
Speaker 1: No, I'm looking at the map right now, which is right on hockey day and come and there's plenty of sparks to spots to park all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 8: Yeah, right, there is. And Hastings has been such a great community with us. Across the street there's the Pillow parking lot that's met council land. So we'll have some issues probably tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be full, you know, the next Friday and Saturday, but all throughout the week.
Speaker 2: I don't think parking will be an issue for us at all.
Speaker 8: Which shuttles to shuttles from Treasure Island? Do garrels in town? Probably the Confluence Hotel and Pub fifty five, So just check down those yet blocking down area. Downtown area is you know, we're really trying to make a comeback the last ten years or so it has.
Speaker 2: It'll be great.
Speaker 8: It'll be great for people to see the community now, it's awesome.
Speaker 6: It's a sneaky cool downtown, such a cool small towns, such a you come across the bridge over the yeah, it's such.
Speaker 1: A there's an old building, this now a restaurant, hotel. Yeah, Confluence, Yeah yeah. They will be featuring North of Vodka.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's everywhere.
Speaker 5: It's awesome and I do want to mention too.
Speaker 9: We try to get this Stone Neck and White Bear a few years ago, but it fell apart. But luckily you guys were able to get it done. The Iowa Wild, which is the the farm club for the Minnesota Wild, they're playing a game next Friday and five o'clock out there. We're going to actually join the game in progress on KF and Parker Fox and I will be on the call.
Speaker 5: Six o'clock Fox.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, I I'm doing the game with Ben Gis listen on TV.
Speaker 5: So I.
Speaker 3: Abandon sorry, No of this makes sense.
Speaker 2: It's cool that they're coming to play, though.
Speaker 8: We had to make a lot of ring renovations just to.
Speaker 2: Just to host them. But I think it'll be worth it.
Speaker 8: I think, you know, Iowa and Milwaukee guys are super excited. Obviously they'll have to get right on the bus after the game and play the old back to backer in Milwaukee, but all their families are coming, so it'll be it'll be a fun day.
Speaker 4: You guys got music every day every day, and that's super right. Good for Gary, great band. I'll come great music man.
Speaker 8: Yep, that's all Alicia's are well. She works at u h L. She wanted to take this one over and we let her run with it. She was probably regretting it about a month ago. But it's getting there. It's done once again. Hockey Date dot com.
Speaker 5: Jeff.
Speaker 3: Also, this is narrow casting. But your neighbors with Lonnie, Oh yeah, do you have dirt? Because I got a lot, powers, I got a lot.
Speaker 4: You want a couple, you.
Speaker 8: Go on a couple of spring breaks together, you get you get dirt.
Speaker 3: Now we're talking Oh geez, not just neighborhood dirt break dirt.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, boy, all right.
Speaker 2: He's already got to listen to everything. He says.
Speaker 3: All right, dude, awesome meeting you. Thanks for coming in man.
Speaker 5: Jeff's tay.
Speaker 7: That's appreciate it. You got a roll, yes, sir, go to my website. John Crissel dot com book me for a speech this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank these guys that you can put me on there too.
Speaker 7: That's right. You can get through to my wife, who is his booking agent.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, and Jeff specifically you where can people see you over the next week down in Hastings.
Speaker 5: What what are you going to be a part of them? Where can people see you?
Speaker 2: I'll be wandering around aimlessly probably. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I'm trying to get some sleep once a while, but I'll be there all day every day. I'm kind of greeting the high school teams when they come in. Awesome, helping out as much as I can. I have to get behind the borrow, I'll do it and just let me know. I'll find somewhere to go.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 3: Nice meaning man. All right, thanks Save John Krazil. More with Mark Parrish after this Andrew Depaula. In about twenty five minutes or so, we'll play Initials an hour from now with Andrew de Paula of the Minnesota Vikings All Pro Depot, as they like to call him down there at TCO. More of the Power Trip after this on the Fan. All right, welcome back to the Powers your morning show. It's Friday. That was Jeff Tafe.
Speaker 5: What cool dude, man, Nice Scott, very cool guy. Yeah, great, nice guy.
Speaker 1: You're so right by the way about the ban BA. I think I know all those names. Yeah, I didn't watch them, right, No, right, I hadn't idea and I just said to Jeff even during the commercial break, I'm like.
Speaker 3: There weren't there were days I wouldn't watch your game, but if I found out that you won, I couldn't wait for Pa and Debay the next day.
Speaker 5: I was like, God, I can't wait to see what they say.
Speaker 4: You lose are epathetic moves?
Speaker 5: Oh man, I just.
Speaker 3: Like I got to get an internship there those that seems like super fun.
Speaker 5: And it was almost all Pa and de Bay go.
Speaker 3: For hockey related yeah, nuts, no offense to go for hockey. It's a sport that I normally don't even I don't give two bleeps about GAT, but I just rode the enthusiasm wave.
Speaker 6: I thought it was so fun. It would just be a part of it. And sorry and no offense. That's where I started. I was getting When I was playing for the Wild, I would go on with Pa and Dobay weekly.
Speaker 2: Was it really yeah?
Speaker 5: Is that right? Well?
Speaker 4: I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that either.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 4: I was listening.
Speaker 3: At that point, I was sure I was probably doing the sledgeon Lake show in the morning show, and it was napping during that probably, so I missed that whole parish Piana Bay Era.
Speaker 2: Sorry we're actually.
Speaker 4: Playing then, not much. But yeah, now that's cool, super cool. Yeah weird, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, weird. So you've been on the station a long time, then a long time.
Speaker 1: You just say something about enthusiasm, doesn't it like if you're excited enough about something, you can convince people to be excited about it.
Speaker 3: Like Jim Jones, same pian debay with Gopher Hockey and Jim Jones with kool Aid.
Speaker 4: Exactly the same thing for me. But yeah, I get your point.
Speaker 5: I was drinking to go for kool aid back in the day.
Speaker 2: It's an analogy. Yeah, it grew up by Jim Jones, Sure it is.
Speaker 4: I mean we weren't buddies.
Speaker 5: He lived like a mile from where you grew up. They were pen pals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it wasn't far. It wasn't far. And now I'm with you and my proposition.
Speaker 1: To get the future home er you know, home of Jim Jones sign put up as you enter town has failed three times in a row.
Speaker 5: Now, what if it's sponsored by kool Aid?
Speaker 4: I could do that. You know that is one of the misnumbers.
Speaker 5: It wasn't flavor. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tough break for Flavor eight.
Speaker 1: Do you do you think it's true that any publicity is a good publicity.
Speaker 4: I mean, I bet it kind of is.
Speaker 5: Oh, it definitely helped Kool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying that it kind of helped him even though it wasn't really the best advertising. No, but if it makes poison taste good, imagine if it doesn't have poison in it.
Speaker 3: Right, that's a marketing that was like watching Don Draper work.
Speaker 2: That was really good.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, you want to see how Don Draper works.
Speaker 5: Watch this.
Speaker 4: I can't wait.
Speaker 5: Master.
Speaker 1: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, presented by All Around your Timber Tech deck building contractor b Minnesota.
Speaker 5: Wild got run over yesterday by the Jet six to two year Wilder winless and five A six.
Speaker 4: Mark.
Speaker 5: They battle the red Hot Sabers tomorrow at eleven thirty am.
Speaker 6: Yes, it was a little bit of a tough end to the home stand here, which and it was unfortunate.
Speaker 4: See Mark hold on.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, how dare you?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hockey Minute with Mark Parrish, brought to you by our friends at Saint plom State Go Husky. Yes, it was.
Speaker 6: It was a really, really really good start. The boys came out flying. It was a I think shots for ten oh first twelve, thirteen minutes. They were absolutely running Winnipeg out of the building.
Speaker 2: And the NHL is crazy.
Speaker 6: You can't give teams opportunities like a two men advantage. All of a sudden, things flip that one goal. Winnipeg finds some momentum. Jonathan tays is an amazing face off man and they end up scoring that goal where the two goals ten seconds apart late in the first and Winnipeg just took it from there. It really is it. It was the boys were flying. I had all the best intentions. They really really look good. Things just didn't happen to go their way. Some great play by the Winnipeg Jets, not necessarily anything against the Wild and the game turned and at that point Winnipeg was playing with house money and just kept going. Boys left to just turn the page and move on, to move on to Buffalo. That's all you can do. There's games like that. There's just nothing you can do that blow up in your face.
Speaker 2: You move on.
Speaker 3: Eleven hours ago, Sauce tweet. I agree, it's over for the wild hideous.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of games left, but oh a lot of game I was hot.
Speaker 3: Mike responded on Twitter, he said, what's over? They just came back from a very long road tour. Calm down, butter Cup. Yeah, they were a tour in the nation. Oh, he didn't call you, but it was a world tour. Then something called Richard Cranium responded with trash state trash professional teams?
Speaker 5: Is that your burner account? Chris Farley in a Vikings, Jersey I think something called well Jeff said to you. Thanks Jacques Lemaire.
Speaker 2: That's genius, that's all.
Speaker 5: Oh and then wow somebody responded with I did not watch, but I have some opinions on your super emo knee jerk approach to sports. Hell.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you must have been so miserable after Game five and eighty seven and ninety one.
Speaker 5: No, I agree, I.
Speaker 4: Bet you were.
Speaker 3: You would have been if you were older, you would have said it's over for the Twins, hideous?
Speaker 5: What kind of Actually, let's skip to your father. He wasn't a bit like this is like this? His whole life was he WTF your fault?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: That's what? This guy wrote about me. What blocked and reported.
Speaker 4: Was that you Corey, you wouldn't talk about your dad? Was he?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Fight? Yeah, you're going to fight.
Speaker 2: That sounded like you when after Larry Lambert to me, don't do that. Yeah, somebody just blocked and reported me.
Speaker 5: The Wolves battle the Rockets tonight at eight thirty. Your Wolves are twenty seven and fourteen. The Wolves will be without Aunt again tonight. The Rockets are three and a half point favorites.
Speaker 4: Be without Ant again.
Speaker 2: The Rockets are favored.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because even though they just played Oklahoma City last night and the Wolves are red hot even without Ant. Interesting you want action, let me double check again.
Speaker 4: Here's a crazy thing about basketball.
Speaker 2: This seems weird.
Speaker 4: I just don't like it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I have a question. Pall your hands up. Can Perish and hockey? Name three former Houston Rockets?
Speaker 2: What side are you on? No, I'll gamble a canny act that they can. I bet they can.
Speaker 5: You think so? Yep?
Speaker 3: I think enough to gamble a caniact that they can get it. And I think I can know. I think I can guess the exact.
Speaker 2: Three. How about four? No, the number is three?
Speaker 5: All right? I mean all right, we're.
Speaker 2: Betting a cane act all time, Houston Rockets.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna write down my three that I think they're gonna get, and let's see if they're the same.
Speaker 5: Three. This one, this one and this one. These are the three I think they're gonna get.
Speaker 2: All right, two we're not going to say anything, so they say final answer.
Speaker 4: I bet they are. I have Hakeem ye and James Harden.
Speaker 11: Oh, I was thinking, is Charles Barkley? I don't think so, did IoT? He played for the Suns. He was greater than the Sun's bead. Right, what's that again? The Barkley didn't have a beard. He has your hair. What about Clyde bred Clyde the Clive. Okay, so maybe maybe I had one.
Speaker 4: Clyde the Glive. That could be.
Speaker 1: But there's a there's another tall guy.
Speaker 2: Oh what about that? Yao, ming.
Speaker 4: You got it? I think you're right.
Speaker 2: I think I am too.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: That's our three.
Speaker 2: So who are the three? Yoo, Main, Keem.
Speaker 4: And James Harden Harden chicken boom.
Speaker 3: The first three you named the first year I wrote down Charles Barkley, A Keem Elijah and James Harden.
Speaker 5: You switched and with but I'll take it.
Speaker 4: Look it up.
Speaker 5: That Canniac on the bowl.
Speaker 4: I don't remember being there. Was he there with a quem no because he never won a championship?
Speaker 3: Barkley was there? When was Barkley there? Was it right after? Was either right after they won?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I was there either way.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you went went with Yao because Yeao was the Hall of Famer that I just wouldn't have expected you would have remembered.
Speaker 10: He was there from ninety six to two thousand.
Speaker 2: Together. We are NBA.
Speaker 5: That was good man, that was very good.
Speaker 2: We are impressive.
Speaker 3: So power trop bets can tell me what the count is. That's got to be eight nine ten range.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's high.
Speaker 3: A lot of canny X coming my way. Well done, Corey, Well done you guys. That was like not even close. You weren't even I mean the closest you got to being wrong was Clive, which is double wrong. But okay, Clive Saus what else? Oh no not, Please don't fall on your porch.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers signed the best available free agent, Kyle Tucker, to a four year, two hundred and forty million dollars deal.
Speaker 6: Baseball Money sixty million dollars a year. The money, Baby money loves to rub it in too. I got a text from all the highest paid contracts by MLB, and my lord, those boys get paid.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that you guys know that name. I don't know that name. He's making sixty million dollars a year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was a Chicago Cup. I think he plays in the Yes, he is. He's an outstanding baseball player. But yeah, now, I mean that's what I mean. He's a he's an all star. I don't know how big of a superstar he is, but that's the money they're making an MLB right now.
Speaker 2: It's like a dollar an hour. Mom, Dad, Come on, I was playing that sport too.
Speaker 4: You and Taife for both Major League Baseball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you both picked the wrong sport to.
Speaker 4: Beat each other up, and your head's hurt.
Speaker 5: Up.
Speaker 3: You guys picked the wrong sport. I picked basketball. What was I thinking?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You were way off, miss Waiting a mile whoop.
Speaker 3: See I'm not a racist either, but I'm a five to eleven white guy. I picked the wrong sports and I wasn't very good. That didn't help either.
Speaker 2: John Stockton, Nope, man, that was the dream. Can I be John?
Speaker 5: Stockton.
Speaker 2: The answer was no.
Speaker 1: So I was watching I was at our social in Rodgers last night and the NBA was playing a basketball game in Germany.
Speaker 4: Did you know that was that last night? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Anyway, they had two guys from Germany that did like the opening ceremonies.
Speaker 4: Dirk was the first one. Do you know who the other one was? I could.
Speaker 1: I sat there for a longest time trying to figure out who we was. So they finally fightched the name up.
Speaker 3: There another German, another German, Debt Left Shrimps, And I was like, the only reason I know that name is because the way that guy used to say his.
Speaker 1: Name, Debt Left Shrimp. Yeah, what was that dude's name? He died, Bill Walton?
Speaker 3: Bill Walton, Debt Left was on a funny episode of Parks and rec Ones as himself.
Speaker 4: Oh was he really really? Debt Left Shrimp, Debt Left?
Speaker 5: What a name? Yeah? What a not a lot of Debt left swrunning around now?
Speaker 4: Didn't know he was from Germany. Apparently he was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, growing up, I was just trying to be the next Debt Left Shrimp and didn't know I was going to top out at five eleven.
Speaker 2: Six that's a huge something or other.
Speaker 4: There, you got bretted shramp, debt, left shrimp.
Speaker 3: Well played Vikings news in a second and then in the next like ten or so minutes, Andrew Apaula, the all pro long snapper of the Minnesota Vikings, will be here. He's playing Initials at eight fifteen against Sauce Hawk and Parish. And one of you listeners gets a crack at one hundred and seven.
Speaker 5: Five hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Wow, yeah, I know, And that's a lot of money during the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union Initials Jackpot that's later right here on the fan.
Speaker 12: Human celebrating their twentieth anniversary five Finger Death Punch takes over Mystic Lake Amphitheater August eighteen with special guest Toddy Jinkson EVA Underfire tickets go and sell at ten am. All all the details now at campeon dot com.
Speaker 4: That's so crazy. Thank you, dude.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 1: So last night, Corey, So I've been I've had an issue with my neck for the longest time. I just, uh, I get these lumps in my neck, you know, like people do.
Speaker 4: Right. What I'm is called Corey, and that's called meat.
Speaker 5: Sage.
Speaker 1: Sure Hi Hi Hi Hi, and it bothers me all the time. And so I've been thinking about buying one of those neck massagers. And I went to best Buy last night and tried one on, like put it on and almost bought.
Speaker 4: It and nothing. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: And I left and this morning Paris brought in my Christmas President he's had since Christmas and it's a neck massager like the one I was about to buy last night.
Speaker 2: How crazy is that? And you're gonna love it, dude, absolutely, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 6: I've I've got that same thing with the concussions and the neck issues and everything, and I need to loosen that up. I haven't named my lumps because I don't want to send my children.
Speaker 5: Yeah, lady Lumps.
Speaker 2: So thank you, buddy, Absolutely love you, buddy. Mary Christy.
Speaker 3: Remember the song Lump by Presidents of the United States of America Slammer that song just a great point.
Speaker 2: Yes, my five was a great song.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I saw Presidency in the United States of America at First Avenue and it was badass.
Speaker 4: Didn't it open for weer other way around?
Speaker 3: No separate show. But again that was That's when we went on this random month or so ago about how ticket prices across the country are just astronomical. On how do kids afford these these days? I would go to the website and basically see who's playing first ave Oh, presidents in the United States.
Speaker 2: Oh that's twelve bucks. I know, lumps, let's go watch them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, it would be like twelve bucks. I would like.
Speaker 3: Last second, I would just go buy a ticket at the door, and I remember going, man, the door tickets are four dollars more. I wish I would have bought the's online. This is sixteen bucks a piece. Now oh man, Now I can't afford a shirt because the shirts are eight bucks. Oh god. Presidents, I don't know. That's a good question. I haven't heard anything out of them in a long long time.
Speaker 4: But no, they seen the country.
Speaker 2: They were a fun band.
Speaker 4: That's fun.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: They had a song called dune Buggy that was kind of dumb but fun.
Speaker 4: It does seem like they were just having a good exactly.
Speaker 5: They don't think they took themselves too seriously, yeah, man, which.
Speaker 4: Is crazy because everybody else at that time was yep, you know.
Speaker 3: Well, you call yourself the presidents of the United States of America I don't think you're taking yourself too seriously.
Speaker 2: Probably not.
Speaker 1: Why not they stopped like Viking site? Okay, think a right COVID. Do you know Corey off top of your head? How much over the cap the Vikings are protected to be?
Speaker 5: The cap is a myth.
Speaker 3: You can sign whoever you want to whatever you want, But for now they have to act like they're like thirty five or forty million over forty six forty six okay over the cap.
Speaker 1: I figure that includes the rollover surplus from twenty twenty five. A sizeable increase to the salary cap would right that number. Minos said also has plenty of levers to pull cutting veterans like Javon Hargrave and Ryan Kelly, which I would say Ryan probably will retire.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I'm guessing right.
Speaker 5: I would think so.
Speaker 1: And Javon I wouldn't be surprised if they cut him. That would create nearly twenty million dollars in cap space.
Speaker 3: Rudolph is definitely a target or not Rudolph, what's his name? It is definitely a target of YEP, cap space saving.
Speaker 4: Rudolph was a target of the snow monster.
Speaker 2: Sure they bounced.
Speaker 4: What was his name, Bumble Bumble Bounce.
Speaker 1: The Vikings will also discuss running back Aaron Jones and tied in TJ.
Speaker 4: Hopkinson. This according to The Athletic.
Speaker 1: By the way, their contracts will require restructures or releases.
Speaker 4: I hope Aaron can be restructured. I love that guy.
Speaker 2: Everybody does.
Speaker 4: Guy's the best.
Speaker 1: Extending right tackle Brian O'Neil could lower the cap number even further. The Vikings can also push back money for core players like Justin Jefferson, with confidence that his.
Speaker 4: Production will continue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of things to do, but we do have to have some money because we.
Speaker 4: Need some players. Yeah, line and a quarterback. To be honest with you, Yeah right, there's.
Speaker 5: Already rumors floating around about Aaron Rodgers again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the name's already popping up.
Speaker 4: Let's do it. I tried to tell you last time. You guys wouldn't listen to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I was on that side. I think so. It's not like it.
Speaker 2: He said he was just quoting super Troopers. Yeah, great film.
Speaker 4: He didn't put us in the movie. Again, they got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's dead to me, Wow he died. No, he's just dead to me.
Speaker 3: Oh all we want to do is be movie stars, and the guy won't help us out.
Speaker 4: Got dumel, He won't put me in a movie? What is wrong with my face?
Speaker 5: It's handsome?
Speaker 4: Just put my a word in. I don't know.
Speaker 3: So Matt Damon was talking to us to about haven't heard that he has a good Was this Stern or Conan? I don't remember which one, it doesn't matter. He was talking about how during the adjustment bureau, Saw says, that's the one that you were bringing up. My man, memory's bad. I don't know if I don't even know. Maybe we talked about this or maybe this will go on my head.
Speaker 5: I just now, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Like the line, the reality blurs between did I talk to my dad about this? Did I talk to you guys about this? Was his onf air. No, it wasn't the scuttle. But when during the adjustment Bureau, Emily Blunt and him are in some scene and there's a throwaway actor that's playing at Matre D and Matt Damon was talking about when you are an extra or a throwaway actor, a day player, that that's your shot, whether you have a line or not, Like your job is to maximize your three seconds of screen time, right, that's your job. And Matt says he remembers those days and respects those people for doing their best. So he says, they do this scene with matre D and Emily Blunt and him walk away and they both go, god, dang, that guy was super good, Like what was the deal with that guy?
Speaker 2: Like? That guy was really good.
Speaker 3: That scene ends up getting cut because it just didn't matter, right, that matreat that was just a throwaway, no big deal, ended up being Pedro Pascal.
Speaker 4: Are you kidding?
Speaker 2: They both just were like, man, this guy can act, like what is this? But again he just had a throwaway.
Speaker 4: That guy's great, By the way, it's incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're talking about before this. How do we get here?
Speaker 5: Is now? I completely lost my cap space?
Speaker 4: No, yeah, but I brought up something that was a non sequitur.
Speaker 5: And now I lost it because it was sixty seconds ago.
Speaker 4: And I'm never going to bring one of us members anything.
Speaker 3: I freaking hate anybody. How do we get to this? You remember anyone?
Speaker 5: Man? Brain pills and.
Speaker 2: I've been taking them. I don't think they work my memory, and he found in your job, I don't remember.
Speaker 5: I don't do you remember how we got here.
Speaker 4: You might have to rewind the tape like we got to review.
Speaker 5: It, rewind the.
Speaker 2: Challenge.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be worse.
Speaker 3: What if we rewind the tape and I still can't remember where we were going with this?
Speaker 4: We remind the tape and it's terrible.
Speaker 2: Radio Quick it definitely was.
Speaker 5: Where are we at right now?
Speaker 3: I don't even know right now? Serious question for you doctors out there. What are there supplements we, as a power to one in show should be taking for brain health? Are there brain health supplements or pills or powders the brain on the top of your head? Are we missing something like? Should we be just doing shots of fish oil?
Speaker 2: What should we be doing?
Speaker 6: You know, we'll forget to take Yeah, called I've got qualitia.
Speaker 1: You might want to quit scratch ye some brain supplement the way you've been itching?
Speaker 5: What you find something called n eu r I v ava nariva. Yeah, that's for your brain?
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, yeah, I don't know. I'll talk to doctor Stephen Meade.
Speaker 5: Is he still with us? We retired?
Speaker 4: What retired?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: What the hell are we talking about?
Speaker 5: How the hell did I Why would I.
Speaker 1: Bring up just a rando Okay, we were talking about the Vikings and.
Speaker 4: The cap space.
Speaker 2: We're not going to get there. No, I'm still it's like a missing link.
Speaker 5: Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I said, I said I wanted him, and he said he thought he was on there.
Speaker 2: He said some of the super Troopers.
Speaker 4: Super Troopers.
Speaker 3: Because the point was okay, yes, exactly what came up with it. So the point was is we need to be Pedro Pascal.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 3: We still hands. He's got to put us into a movie. We don't need a speaking part. Our aura will just ooze through. And then the super Troopers crew, that Broken Lizard guys would be.
Speaker 5: Like, and dang, I can act.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, And then five years later people are going to you know who that matre d was in super Troopers three? That was Corey freaking Cove. That kid could act killed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I anymore?
Speaker 2: Serial killer?
Speaker 5: He was an unbelievable actor in super Troopers three.
Speaker 4: How come we haven't heard of that?
Speaker 5: By the way, what's that like?
Speaker 1: Remember like a give me a serial killer? Not Jeffrey Dahmers, Ted Bundy, Ted Bundy. He was an extra in Team Wolf. You know, I mean, how come that's never happened.
Speaker 5: Well, there was that guy in the dating show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh that's true, that is true, That is true.
Speaker 5: What was his name Hawk, Larry Reynolds, Yeah, Larry Reynolds.
Speaker 3: So Eric Stohansky, Josh Ummel, all those guys that know us, Nix Wardson Sports. If you're putting together a movie, we know we have no act. What do you were not that is going to be one of the like the guys on the poster. Yeah, we want to be the matreat that ends up being Pedro Pascal. Just give us a chance to exude aura. Yeah, right out of our nariva.
Speaker 5: Whoa. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I had mine removed?
Speaker 5: Oh really?
Speaker 2: Was that an easy procedure?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that happened to birth. I didn't have a choice.
Speaker 5: Oh man, sorry, buddy, it's okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've been listened to this book called Supercommunicators and talks about people like Pedro who when when they're in the room, it's like they're just different and you don't know why, And it wasn't like they were trained that way. They just they have some kind of aura that some of us don't have. Those are super communicating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't have that.
Speaker 4: You know who does a Pa has that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, PA's got the vibe.
Speaker 1: He's the boxy Yeah, yeah, he may be the only one of us.
Speaker 4: Parker has a little of that, but he's six'.
Speaker 3: Ten, yeah it's some people are just based on. Stature, alone get your. ATTENTION i feel like most times WHEN i walk into a, room instead of.
Speaker 5: Like, dang that dude's, here it's more, like, oh, good you know WHAT i, mean that's. Me that's WHAT i can't believe he's. Here i'm.
Speaker 2: Not, YEAH i Guess i'm not looking for That. Aura i'm just trying to stay alone below me. Alone you're doing a great Job i'm.
Speaker 5: Doing i'm.
Speaker 2: DOING i just Said i'm trying to stay.
Speaker 1: Alone you did say, That, yeah, yeah, Yeah i'm just saying that's it's my.
Speaker 2: Place so what do you feel like you project when you walk into a?
Speaker 1: Room cholesterol a giant, head Shadowy zachary to stay, alone, Man, Zachary, yes, sir could you go.
Speaker 5: Grab our Guy andrew apologe.
Speaker 4: DOWNSTAIRS i have a question for. HIM i can't.
Speaker 1: Wait i've been waiting to ask him for the longest, time AND i wanted to save it for the, year But i'm going to tell, you, guys they're a prediction because he's not listening right. NOW i guarantee you, no it's wrong things. Say BUT i bet. THIS i was made a career of being a long snapper and maybe the best in the. LEAGUE i bet there was a point in his high school football career where they were, like does anybody know how to long?
Speaker 4: Snap he's, Like i'll try.
Speaker 1: It, Yeah and now he's in THE nfl butterfly effects.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see he is the Pedro pascal of the. Message he was just giving a chance and he exuded. Aura and now look where he is now he's friends With Matt damon And Emily. Blunt, yeah it's good to be depot.
Speaker 1: BECAUSE i had the similar experience and it happened to me in eighth grade and it ruined my life BECAUSE i spent the rest of my high school career being the long.
Speaker 4: Snapper and it was the worst part of playing.
Speaker 2: High school chasing.
Speaker 4: It it was The it was the most NERVOUS i.
Speaker 1: WAS i hated LIKE i ran harder WHEN i was a running back BECAUSE i didn't want to have to punt BECAUSE i was worried about having to.
Speaker 2: Snap the dam oh you were. Alignment did you ever try long?
Speaker 5: Snapping?
Speaker 10: No and you were a, tackle not a guard correct or a. CENTER i, Played, yeah, YEAH i couldn't. Fall he couldn't long snap a golf ball squad, yeah oh, yeah. Jeez i'm just trying to be alone man. Again yeah, no, well, yeah alone.
Speaker 5: Again everybody's posting these pictures of twenty. SIXTEEN i just want to post a picture of a.
Speaker 3: BOON i think if you posted a picture of twenty, sixteen it would.
Speaker 5: Look like the abyss From Stranger?
Speaker 4: Things who's?
Speaker 5: That the mind flavor is your only? Friend how do you? Spill? Abyss don't worry about, it.
Speaker 3: Baby Andrew depaula is a all pro long snapper for The Minnesota. Vikings he'll be here in a second and we'll play in issues with him in like twenty, minutes and one of you get to crack.
Speaker 2: At one hundred and, seven five hundred. Dollars this is the power to you' won'ting to win the fan