Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 2: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair. Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 6: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, and welcome to Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Friday, August twenty first, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: Hope you're well as your world.
Speaker 2: Champion Los Angeles Dodgers are back home at the Ravine seventy seven and fifty one on the year. After a three game sweep of the Rockies in Denver, the Dodgers return home with some momentum as they welcome in the Pittsburgh Pirates to a three game weekend set. As Yoshinobu Yamamoto gets the start first pitch from Uniclow Field, that Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here. On Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We are gonna get the pregame thoughts of the manager Dave Roberts. That's coming up in twenty minutes. What's his thoughts on this Dodgers team having played better baseball now after the last time they were at the Ravine. Later we'll preview this pitching matchup. David vas Sei checks in throughout the hour. He's gonna go one on one with former Dodger Chase Utley. We got your Dodgers magical moment. We'll visit with Kirsten Watson. We got your Otani rewind We got all of that coming up as we lead up to first pitch. Also gonna check in with Charlie steiner Rick Monday out of the galpin Ford broadcast booth. Well, Dodgers were off yesterday before that Wednesday, they wrapped up their series in Colorado going for the sweep. Roki Sasaki was on the mound, had traffic on the base pass for the five Indians. He was out there, gave up two runs on seven hits while striking out six, but the Dodgers offense gave him an instant lead. About the second inning, Key k Hernandez an RBI single, Dodgers up one to nothing. Then in the fourth, Mookie Betts home run number sixteen on this season, solo shot Dodgers a two to nothing lead. Later in the fourth, key K Hernandez at it again.
Speaker 7: PK with an RBI base hit.
Speaker 5: Scored Bets in the second.
Speaker 3: In it one on one out stretch pitch and Kei k hits a high fly ball to left and deep.
Speaker 5: This ball headed back toward the wall. Fiend at the wall, he looks up, it's gone. It's a two run home run.
Speaker 3: Ke K Hernandez and the Dodgers lead at four to nothing by towering fly ball the left. The ki K home run number two on the season, and he has driven in three of the four Dodger runs.
Speaker 2: Tonight, key K Hernandez goes deep, two run shot, Dodgers cruising with a four to nothing lead. However, in the fourth, runner is on when the ball was hit to left field, te Oscar Hernandez didn't get a good route on the baseball actually got past him for a two run double, and all of a sudden, the Dodgers lead was forwarded two. Then in the seventh inning, Alex Vesia on in relief. The Dodgers up forwarded two. Vessie comes in and with two outs a walk. The next batter, Mickey moniac two run home run comes back to bite him as the Dodgers find themselves all tied up with the Rockies AD four. Neither team would score in the eighth. Jack Tryer pitched the bottom of the inning. Kyle Hurt got the ninth. Dodgers and Rockies went to extra innings in Denver. In the top of the tenth, Freddie Freeman sack fly scored Andy Piz Dodgers at five to four lead, but with a runner at second base, Mookie Betts with a huge insurance.
Speaker 3: Run the Rockies with a left hander Bernardino.
Speaker 7: He's up now.
Speaker 3: The pitch to Bets line drive center field base hit. Ty Oscar touches third. He's coming to the plate pro from Carrig too late. RBI base hit. Tay Oscar scores and the Dodgers lead at six to four.
Speaker 2: Tay Oscar Hernandez comes in to score on the Mookie Bets RBI single. That is the top tier play of the game, brought to by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less. So the Dodgers re took the lead in the top of the tenth with a two spot. The bottom of the tenth went to Tanner Scott. Yes, the same Tanner Scott who pitched twenty seven pitches the night before in a save against the Rockies. He had talked to Dave Roberts during batting practice said he's good to go. So Dave Roberts went back to Tanner Scott for back to back outings and he put up a one, two three bottom half of the tenth inning.
Speaker 4: Nobody Across took eight pitches.
Speaker 2: That was it from Tanner Scott as the Dodgers get the win in Denverse, six to four over the Rockies.
Speaker 4: Kyle Hurt to the win.
Speaker 2: Tanner Scott gets the save, as eighteenth of this season. As the Dodgers win it in ten innings. They get the three games sweep, their ninth series sweep this year. They are now four to zero and extra inning games. They're nine games up in the division over San Diego as they return home now for the start of a brief three game homestand against the Pittsburgh Pirates. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound in the series opener first pitch is seven to ten, and with more we head out to the galloping Ford broadcast booth as we.
Speaker 4: Say hello to Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday. Guys.
Speaker 8: All right, Tim, the Dodgers are back home. They had dropped off their drag cleaning over the weekend. They've got the Pirates here and then they hit the road again.
Speaker 1: Game one, twenty.
Speaker 5: Nine for the Dodgers.
Speaker 8: Thirty four games remained in the regular season, thirty seven days. This afternoon, Brewers beat the Braves two to one, and so in the race for the best record in the National League, all the home field ramifications of the postseason, Brews to to won over the Braves, and so the Dodgers find themselves tonight two and a half behind Milwaukee and two games in front of the Atlanta Braids. Well, a three game sweep in Colorado, mope, not unexpected, not unexpected.
Speaker 9: But I think the biggest takeaway that I got in talking to the Dave Roberts also the fact the offense was really running on more of the cylinders than what he has seen.
Speaker 7: You know, the month the buckets is not in that kind.
Speaker 9: Eight and ten is their record after the Dodgers coming off of that series. Yes, you have expectations to beat the Rockies, although some very close games up in that high altitude. But the Dodgers need to improve Charlie at home because if we look at him the last sixteen games they played at home, you figure what's going to be comfortable with. They've lost ten of the last sixteen year And.
Speaker 8: So the Dodgers find themselves comfortably in front in the division race, well in front of both San Diego and Arizona. And the Pirates are an interesting team now O'Neil Cruz is back. They still are on the outside looking in for a possible wildcard spot. But they've been a better team this year, although they have had struggles in the month of August.
Speaker 9: Tell you what, and they get overlooked because you look at the Dodgers batting average, team average second best in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 7: Who's third the Pittsburgh.
Speaker 9: Pirates that catches a lot of people also runs per game, the Dodgers are fifth in Major League Baseball. Who's in front of them the Pittsburgh Pirates fourth in baseball?
Speaker 8: And who has the most hits in Major League Baseball? The Pittsburgh Pirates one hundred and thirty six.
Speaker 5: Who the thunk?
Speaker 9: Yeah, and they're hungry. I mean, they're embarking up on their longest road trip of the season, nine games, and they've got a chance to knock on the door and maybe close a little bit of a gam But you know they're gonna be facing some teams that are pretty darn good on this road trip and hoping that they can continue to hit the ball put the ball into play. The question is the difference. The Dodgers are tightened up a few things. Their base running has been much much better. If we look at the last ten days, it was a problem there for a while. They have done a lot of things much much better in the last ten games that they played.
Speaker 8: Tonight's pitching matchup, Ya'm a moto for the Dodgers twelve up, seven down, a two sixty er, Bubba Chandler six and eight and a four to twenty three er. But he has won each of his last three starts against the Brewers, the Mets, and the Red Sox, and so he's no pushover those last three starts a two sixteen ra So this should be a fairly interesting game tonight, the first of three, and the Dodgers hit the road again, Tien.
Speaker 1: That's it for now.
Speaker 2: Talk to you a little bit later on a right thank you. Charlie's been counting down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get that game day meal on. It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot com.
Speaker 4: Sounds good for dinner if you ask me.
Speaker 2: Coming up here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 4: You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 2: David vet Day is gonna check out the very latest, including update on Will Smith, who was.
Speaker 4: Very active on the field just a couple of hours ago.
Speaker 2: We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup, got Shotani Ree Ryan and Kirsten Watson when we come back. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Pirates on Luca Doncha's Bobblehead night at the Ravine. Enjoy at first pitch at seven ten, I'm Tim Kates. It's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Saw do you know.
Speaker 6: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers hunting on.
Speaker 1: Your home for La Dodgers baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers empirates started at three game cent Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Bubba Chandler. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at sevent ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewid Well.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers won on Wednesday night and extra innings. What it was the night was shohl Tani had a quiet night at the plate. He was zero for four but did get on via a walk, now hitting two ninety one on this season at three to eighty eight on base percentage, but the Dodgers still managed to pull out of six to four victory in ten innings.
Speaker 6: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey Carson now joins us on this Friday, brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of that old car. Donate today your car could be picked up tomorrow. Donate now at carsfokids dot org. That's Cars with the k Dodgers back home at Uniclow Field at Dodgers Stadium and hopefully Kirston they packed those offensive bags with them back from Denver.
Speaker 10: That is you know, that is the big hope, Tim, and you look at what the Dodgers did in that Brewer Series. So right before they went on the road to Colorado, they were only averaging two and a half runs per game. Then that they get to Colorado and they were immediately able to get back on track. Had twenty four runs in the series on thirty five hits. We saw the long ball, we saw extra base hits where they were excellent with runners in scoring position, really just continuing to pass the baton, and we were able to see a collective of guys get going. It wasn't just the top of the order or the bottom of the order. Ultimately it was one through nine. So the hope now coming back to Dodger Stadium or unique to feel at Dodger Stadium, the hope is that they can maintain that. And Dave Roberts was saying that he actually feels really good with what he saw in Colorado. It wasn't just you know, playing to the elements and the altitude and letting the ball fly. He was really pleased with the contact he saw from the hitters, the quality of at bats, the decreased swing rate and the swing and miss so he actually felt like they were taking they were picking better pitches to try to make contact with picking up on mistakes and putting themselves in really good counts, because that was the issue heading into it. They were getting behind in the count and ultimately kind of either striking out or not being able to get that walk. So he feels really good as to where the group is at heading into this series against the Pirates.
Speaker 2: And the Dodgers back home where it's not been a good place for Kyle Tucker this year. But he's hoping also to build off of what he's done the last couple of games in Denver and bring that back as well.
Speaker 10: Yeah, a couple knocks when he was in Denver, and he actually came on the field today and took batting practice. We've seen when guys do this. You know, there are some guys who don't prefer to come on the field for batting practice, like to do work in the cage. Perfect examples of that are show Hey Otani, Freddie Freeman. But when they do come on the field, that's when you know that they're looking to feel something specific. For Kyle Tucker, he was more of I just wanted to kind of get a different look, try something different, So we came out here this afternoon, did two rounds of batting practice, and when we spoke to him right after, he said he was feeling pretty good with the swing when he was in Denver, but looking for that continuing to look for that consistency and trying to work on things that he did in batting practice, because there were some swings that looked really good. I was actually talking to no Mark Garcia Para just as to what he was seeing, and he was saying that he liked some of the backspin. He's saw how he was using the entire field, and so Kyle was sharing that the focus for him right now is making that swing repetitive and finding ways to recreate those results and that swing. So he's hoping to bring it into the game tonight. I'm hoping he goes like three for four tonight and then maybe we'll see him on the field all the time, and that could be fine. Not to completely switch up his routine, but just trying to find ways to maybe not salvage the season, but recognize that there's still so much more to come in the most important games are to come, and he wants to be ready and in the best position for those.
Speaker 2: No better time to get hot than right now. If you Kyle Talker here still, we appreciate it. Well, check out with you after the game is still to come.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. David bat Sagos one on one with Chase Utley. But up next a injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts Dodgers Empires on this Friday night, first pitch of seven ten. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Marogo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues here on this Friday nights. Dodgers and the Pirates start of a three game set. Dodgers off yesterday after a three game sweep in Colorado. Morogo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for good times. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound for the blue. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodger injury report.
Speaker 2: Presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. And when Diaz on the il with the neck inflammation. He is with the team back at Uniclow Field the Dodger Stadium. Adult rushing on the IL at the elbow injury. Blake trying it on the IL with the right elbow inflammation. He has gone through a couple of minor league rehab stints pitching and inning with Ontario. Will Smith on the IL with the neck inflammation. More on that with David Vassa coming up, as he was very busy today out at the stadium. Will climb on the il with bone chips and his elbows as he feels better.
Speaker 4: He started to throw again.
Speaker 2: Tyler Glass now on the I L but he is set to come off the injured. Listen to Dodgers hit the road in Atlanta coming up later on early next week.
Speaker 4: All right, let's head back out to the stadium.
Speaker 2: Let's get the pregame thoughts of the Dodgers kipper.
Speaker 11: Questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 7: Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 12: The dugouts with Dave Roberts See, it was a good day for Will taking at bats. He'll catch a couple of bullpens today. He'll do a couple more lives and then don't expect him to go with us too on the road, but expect him to continue to build up and then you know, you know, hopefully that first week of September, you know he's active. So I don't know how many rehab games he's going to take. But obviously with that you can work in the dhing. But he still needs to get his legs back under him before we feel confident that he can, you know, take down a major league game and feel good coming out of it.
Speaker 5: I know he's talked.
Speaker 6: About being paid free, but we didn't.
Speaker 10: Have conversations with Teddy's what tells you that this is a thing of the past.
Speaker 6: You guys are in a position where you don't have to really.
Speaker 4: Think about it once those from our.
Speaker 12: Games stay here. Yeah, I mean, I believe what he says, and he's very in tune with his body. But at the end of the day is there's not much of the calendar left and he's going to play in the postseason. So I think it's also helpful knowing that there's no other alternative, so he's going to prepare his mind and body to get ready to go.
Speaker 2: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts, so we'll continue here on WRONGO because you know, Dodger's on deck, and when we come back, we will check in with David Veza more on Will Smith, Kyle Tucker changing up things sometimes that's a good thing to do. James the Mojo plus Emmitt Shean back to Oka. See all that coming up with Tim and Vaz. Say when we returned Dodgers and the Pirates first pitch at seven to ten, I'm Tim Kates's your back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and Pirates starting.
Speaker 2: A three game weekend series. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the Mount. Dodgers Baseball is brought to by al Poto, born in La Made for your game day. El Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, salsas and hot sauces right to your plant every single time. L Poto, Gourmee and a can.
Speaker 6: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger Insider.
Speaker 2: Right DV When things aren't going right, you gotta change things up, and in the case of Kyle Tucker, a little change of the routine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, before we get to Kyle Tucker's routine, Oral Herschheiser is in the booth. He is calling this series on sports Net LA, and he obviously is super excited about Sunday because we know what that is, bump day for snell Zilla.
Speaker 2: Right, Oral, I've never seen a bigger love affair than you and snell Zilla.
Speaker 5: Wow, there's a great level affair between LA and Oral Herscheiser. And it's still going on right now.
Speaker 11: But your wife, Jealous.
Speaker 5: Sometimes sometimes get those late night phone calls.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Kyle Tucker did change up his routine today. He took batting practice on the field for only the second time this season. The last time he did that was all the way back in May. And also, something that Kyle Tucker does on the first game of every series is go out to right field and shag batting practice. But from what I've been told, Tucker plans on doing that now before every night game the Dodgers play on the home or road. And I did talk to JT. Wakins and Rob van Zoyek about Kyle Tucker coming out here and taking BP on the field with the rest of the team for basically the first time this year, and it just comes down to a group consensus between him and the hitting coaches. Let's change the routine, try to change the look, try to change the daily routine, because obviously things have not gone his way this season, and they especially have not gone his way at Dodgers Stadium. So we'll see what happens. And also, I guess there's an organic social media groundswell of giving Tucker a standing ovation when he comes to the plate in his first at bat, so we'll see if that happens too.
Speaker 2: No, Dut David is brought to you by a Ford summer sales event. Don't wait, hurry in right now for the best offers of the year. Going to buy for now dot Com or you're Southern California Fort Dealers for more information.
Speaker 4: Ford Official Vehicle of Ange League Baseball.
Speaker 2: Imma Shea was back up in Colorado and now he's back down to Oklahoma City.
Speaker 5: Dave, Yeah, the Dodgers gave Emma she and a lot of you know, a big runway to be able to try to figure things out this year. It's been a struggle for him since spring training and the reason why they called him up was to have some length out of the bullpen in cors Field. You know, things can go sideways there. But he's been sent back down and I had a chance to catch up with Emmett before we left Denver, and he seemed to be having a good spirit and understanding that being in Oklahoma City can help get his season back on track.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I feel like that's the only way to look at is, you know, getting work in, and I felt like it was it was valuable to get some time down there and away from everything, to work on things and get back to being you know who I know I can be out there, So yeah, I felt good about it.
Speaker 5: Emmett was raving about Oklahoma City's triple A pitching coach Dave Anderson, not the stop that played with her Scheizer, but a really good pitching coach. And he's already made strides with Sheehans. So hopefully in September we'll see Emmett again, no.
Speaker 2: Doubt, David great stuff will appreciate We'll check in with you in just a little bit. Dave is gonna go one on one with Chase Oddley, former Dodger and Philly Great now working in the front office. Coming up here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper this pitching matchup as well.
Speaker 4: But up next your Dodgers Magical Moment. Don't You Go Anywhere? Dodgers and Pirates first pitch of seven ten.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Wrongo Cassino Dodgers hunting.
Speaker 1: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Pittsburgh Pirates. Luca Donchers, bobblehead Nights Looking good word, Lakers Home Jersey, dribbled to Basketball looking great for the first forty thou attendance tonight out at the game. Yeah, I'm a Moto Bubba Chandler of the pitching matchup in the series opener. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 5: About hot dog who wants a hot con.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment. Pitch Magical Present by Hawpey Hottails.
Speaker 2: Well Pittsburgh in Town. We go back to May thirty first, twenty fourteen, twelve years ago. Dodgers and Pirates, a day in which Handy Ramirez and the Dodgers made the Pirates walk the plank.
Speaker 7: One ball and those strikes are there.
Speaker 5: He goes, pitches a fly ball to center field, EMP.
Speaker 14: Deep, it's way back at the wal mccutching lill chump, and it's gone. Handley Ramirez three for three, four runs batted in, eight home runs on the year, thirty one runs batted in, and the Dodgers lead eight to one.
Speaker 2: Handley Ramirez having yourself a day four for four, two home runs, five ribbis, four runs scored. Young Jenry Yu earned the win, allowing to he runs over six innings back in twenty fourteen, as the Dodgers on that day beat the.
Speaker 4: Pirates twelve to two.
Speaker 2: This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hofey hot Dogs, Hoffee Soaku's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 4: Hofey hot Dogs, Local and so great.
Speaker 2: Well, when we continue here on Dodgers on DEV we'll check back in with Rick Monday also coming up. In about ten minutes, we'll hear from Chase Utley type deep from this pitching matchup that's all coming up as we lead up to Dodgers and Pirates. I'm Tim Katis is the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tape on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Pittsburgh Pirates, Yoshinovo Yamamoto, Bubba Chandler.
Speaker 4: The pitching matchup of the series opener.
Speaker 2: We'll dip deeper and then the pitching numbers between these two guys coming up in just a little bit time. Now for the Verizon startup, as we are thirty five minutes.
Speaker 4: Away from the start of the game.
Speaker 2: Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your so Calvverizon store today.
Speaker 6: And now joined by David Basse. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Rick.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers are part of an unusual schedule three games in Denver and now three games at Dodgers Stadium before they go to the East Coast.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and may have delivered a message Judge David, because they get tired of you over the you know, by the way, caught a little bit of your your off day, Dodger talk last night, just no game, Dodger, just no game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's no off.
Speaker 5: Day for me, No no for you know, hey, Rick, you must have been on your way to that pump charity dinner last night.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you what. That was a fabulous event.
Speaker 9: The Dodgers were honored, you know, Dave Roberts and some of the Dodgers that had, you know, big, big moments in the World Series. That first of all, fundraiser, Magic Johnson got up and part of the fundraiser right, and he auctioned off two things. Magic Johnson in eight minutes raised a half a million dollars in donations and one of the first that he offered was a game of horse against Magic Johnson. Magic said, look, no longer one on one, have a game of horse. And for those maybe not familiar, do you make a shot and it goes in basketball, your opponent has to make that shot or he's given a letter you spell out first. One of the yells out, the spells out horse, you lose. So it was a game of horse against Magic Johnson and France.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, and maybe on the.
Speaker 5: Yacht is he going to take you to France? Is that part of the back of that part.
Speaker 9: I don't know, but two folks both both went ahead and bid for that. So and then there was another one where he would spend an hour at your at your business or like, there's going to be a decision either an hour at your business and talking to all your employees or whatever you wanted to do on that end of it.
Speaker 7: Or have a barbecue at his house.
Speaker 5: Oh, come on, I wish I was there. I would have bid on that.
Speaker 9: Well. I don't think you would have let you bid on there because I think security would keep you at least two blocks away.
Speaker 5: That's true. But man, but it was.
Speaker 7: A wonderful, wonderful evening.
Speaker 9: The Dodgers were very well represented, and it's nice to see, you know, raised for cancer research on that end of it, and a lot of the Dodgors were involved, all the organizations were involved. It was amazing how many former players. I'm not talking about just Dodger players but basketball. I mean, you look at the.
Speaker 7: Sugar Ray Leonard was there.
Speaker 9: Just amazing the list of people in all sports and it was just a lovely evening.
Speaker 5: I thought it was great to see some former major league players that were dominant in their day, Eric Davis, Darryl Stop, Gary Schaffield, those guys were out there too. Did you have a chance to talk to any of these fools?
Speaker 9: All the way were on stage, and then the Dave Roberts got up and accepted the Pill Lifetime Achievement Award on behalf of the Dodgers and the players that were there also to support. There was a red carpet of walk down with photographers on top of that. I saw Dave before tonight's ball game. I said, hey, one heck of a nice speech that he gave on behalf of the Dodgers and really kind of outlined what it took to win last year and the mindset now in trying to get back to the World Series again. It's not going to be easy. By any strengthed imagination. If it was going to be easy, every team would do it. That just does not happen. And the Dodgers come on. Obviously they have a lead, sizeable lead in the Western Division. But as we well know, postseason can be a totally different animal. And the question is between now and then. This is game number one hundred and twenty nine. Almost eighty percent of the season has gone. Now who's going to be healthy going into the postseason. I'm talking about which team is going to be healthy, which team will be on a roll?
Speaker 7: Right now? The Dodgers are on a roll.
Speaker 9: Yes, they won games against teams they should win games against. But the way that they have won that is the sweep BLUs series in Denver, for example. We saw a different energy level of this ball club even before they left to go on the road trips. So hopefully that's going to be a positive sign. And Dave Roberts has talked about it, and we'll see what's going to happen. But the things lead up to a very positive situation. And by the way, do not take the Pittsburgh Pirates for granted. The Dodgers, for example, it's talking on the pregame show. Second in baseball in batting average, who's third the Pittsburgh Pirates. That surprises a lot of people. Also, in run scored, they're up there.
Speaker 5: There you go, something you may not have known.
Speaker 7: Thanks Rick, That's why they're listening.
Speaker 5: We'll learn more during the nine ay of affair and.
Speaker 7: I'll listen to you on the postgame Dodger Talk as well. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Tonight's a game night. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: Tim, all right, they flawed DV Thank you Bo.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball person about Uniclo Field of Dodger Stadium. Visit uniclow dot com, slash us Leading up to first pitch, Dodgers and the Pirates up next, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Plus we're gonna hear Chase Utley next when we return. Dodgers and Pirates Luca Donchitz Bobblehead Night about that first.
Speaker 4: Pitch of seven ten. I'm Tim Kas's back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, this.
Speaker 6: Is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Pirates squaring off Ushinobu Yamamoto, Bubba Chandler. The pitching matchup on this Friday night is the Dodgers back home for a three game series. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast course. But it's game night, It's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 6: And now what will likely be vassa fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearments is high and tucked.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers are back for a short three game series, and it's always great to see a guy that belongs in cooper'stown. One day. Right now though, he's helping Andrew Freeman and the Dodgers out, and that's the great Chase Lee, thanks a lot for the time. Appreciate it, I.
Speaker 11: Say, it's always a pleasure to talk with you.
Speaker 5: Hey, I love your Gucci sunglasses. Do you wear those in Philly?
Speaker 11: These are my These are actually my wife's glasses. I lost my shades. No way, Yeah, what do you think I think? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, those are unisex right there.
Speaker 11: I feel clearly, I hope.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 5: Hey, uh, I haven't talked to you since she came back from Philly and inducted into the Phillies Hall of Fame. What was that experience like to be back with guys that obviously you respect and they respect.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was. It was a great weekend a few weeks ago. Yeah, it was great to see some old teammates and old coaches, just some old friends in general. You know, I spent the majority of my career in Philly. I don't know eighty percent of my career. I played in Philadelphia and love loved every second of it. We want to World championship, so it's yes, it was great to be back.
Speaker 5: I remember the first day you joined the Dodgers. We were in Houston when the trade happened and you showed up for the first time. How much of that team culture did you bring to that Dodger team.
Speaker 11: Well, I tried to do I try to do my thing. I don't know how much. I feel like there were some young players on a team that definitely matured over the time that I was there. Hopefully I had a little little bit to do with it, but I guess you'd have to ask them.
Speaker 5: Do you still keep in contact with any of those guys a little bit?
Speaker 11: Not as much as I'd like to. I mean, we all kind of go separate ways now we all have families living all over the country. But definitely when I when I see them, there's there's some good conversations that we had.
Speaker 5: You obviously are close to the situation or closer to the situation with the twenty six Dodgers. Can you describe to us what it's like at this stage, back to back champions, you know, going through August and trying to find a way to get that motivation for the stretch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is.
Speaker 11: This is the time of year where it starts to matter a little bit, a little bit more. Obviously, the Dodgers are playing some pretty good baseball, but from what I've seen the work that they're putting it in, they're trying to continue to improve. As long as Possum is here massaging people, that's all that really matters.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how many massages did you get or did you stay away from the trainer?
Speaker 11: I stayed away from I try to stay away from the trans room as much as possible, but I do check in with Possum occasionally.
Speaker 5: Hey, is the dog days of August a real thing?
Speaker 11: It is a real thing. I mean it's hot, it's great hitting weather, but the season is a grind and it takes some experience to figure out how to maneuver during this time of year. Obviously, September you can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but this is that time you've got to dig down deep and figure out a way to win.
Speaker 5: You were behind the cage today, Kyle Tucker only for the second time this year taking batting practice out on the field. How much have you paid attention to what's going on with him and what is him coming out taking BP and changing his routine do for him?
Speaker 11: Well, I mean, as a hitter, hitting it is tough, especially at the major league level. So uh yeah, the fact that he's changing it up a bit, you can get him right back on track. Baseball is a funny game. Sometimes you feel like you're doing everything in the right way and you don't get any any results. Sometimes you just have to switch it up a bit.
Speaker 5: Did you ever have anything like that where you got out of your routine you were so routine oriented, or did you feel like just sticking to your process was the best way.
Speaker 11: Yeah, for the most part, I stuck to my process. But there are iterations throughout the course of my career that I would change a little bit, whether I saw someone else doing it or it was just a thought process in my mind. And you play with little things throughout the course of the air to try to fine tune it all and as you develop, as you get older and gain a little bit more experience, and you'd hopefully find a routine that works for you.
Speaker 5: Do you feel like at this stage of the season he's starting to get more comfortable being in new surroundings. What do you think it is with his transition thirteen in three years.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm listening to Tuck is a really talented player, and he's put He's on a team with other really talented players. So for me, it's just a matter of time and until he clicks and carries his team.
Speaker 5: Chase Uttley is our guest as we get ready for first pitch between the Dodgers and Pirates. I mentioned at the beginning of this conversation you belong in Cooperstown. When you were on the podium back in Philly, you know their pseudo Hall of Fame. How much do you pay attention to what people say as far as your place in baseball history.
Speaker 11: You can not pay attention at this point. Obviously, I'm excited and humbled with the fact that I'm part of the conversation, which is great. Now I'm definitely following it a little bit closer than I used to follow it as a player, but just you know, again, being being part of that conversation is is excited.
Speaker 5: Did you know how much of an impact you had on teammates throughout your career and how much people appreciated the way you played.
Speaker 11: Occasionally you talk to some guys that express, you know, how things went while while I while I was around, and I enjoyed it. I enjoyed that process. I enjoyed trying to leave guys in the right direction. You know, I think it's important at times to have a guy that's been around the block a few times, that's been good, it's been bad, that's gonna been all around to kind of learn from their experience.
Speaker 5: You're still obviously in good playing shape. I know towards the end it took a lot to put the body together. As Krushaw calls his body a carcass. Do you ever get the itch to come out and uh, maybe give it one more run? Or is that gone?
Speaker 11: You know, that is gone. I left it all on the field, and I'll keep it, keep it that way.
Speaker 5: Some body parts are out there still right. Probably thanks a lot for the time, looking good as always in your wife's sunglasses. And nobody can ever compete with the silver Fox.
Speaker 11: Love it say thanks for having me on, But there he goes.
Speaker 5: Chase Suttley has been our guest and he'll receive a gift card to the Capitol Grill and Burbank and upscale relaxed spot with a great bar and great stay. You never know, Chase Suttley with those sunglasses may show up. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks to lot DV, Thanks to Chase Utley as well. As we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and the Pirates. Where we come back, We're gonna dive deeper to this pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: Don't you go anywhere.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim kass the back to back of World Series Champion Dodgers audio note.
Speaker 6: Well, this is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunted on.
Speaker 1: Your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and the Pirates coming up. It's the first of three this weekend. Is the Dodgers back home for a brief three game homestand after a sweep in Colorado. First pitch coming up at seven, ten and.
Speaker 6: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Brought to you buy your Toyota dealers. We make it easy. Bubba Chandler on the mound for the Pirates. Six and eight with a four to twenty three eras a twenty three year old right hander, third round pick of the Pirates back in twenty twenty one on a high school. He was drafted as a two way player, but he gave that up after two years.
Speaker 4: In the minor leagues.
Speaker 2: They want him just to concentrate on pitching, and then he skyrocketed to the big leagues. Now in his second full season, Fastball Slider changed up occasional sweeper, making his twenty four start his twenty fifth appearance last time out five innings, two runs, four hits, five strikeouts in a win over the Red Sox. In fact, in the month of August, Bubba Chandler's three to zero with a two sixteen RA with wins with the Red Sox, the Mets, and the Brewers not bad. He won a nine to seven decision after allowing three runs over four innings of relief. And his only appearance against the Dodgers that was last September at PNC Park, Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound for the Dodgers. He is twelve and seven with the two sixty ERA. The twenty eight year old right hander Yeah just turned twenty eighth this last week, making his twenty third start amongst National League leaders in ERA, where he's top five, WHIP where he is second innings pitch, top ten opponents batting that rich second in the National League with a one eighty seven batting average against opponent's ops second in the National League, and he's top ten and wins.
Speaker 4: As well, with twelve.
Speaker 2: Last time out Yoshinobu Yamamoto six innings, one run, four hits, nine strikeouts that was in a victory over the Milwaukee Brewers. Well, if you go back to one of his starts and throw it out, the July eleventh one against Arizona, yama Yo Yamamoto has got a one sixty one ERA in thirteen starts. Again, if you throw that bat outing against Arizona, he is zero to one after he gave up three runs one earn over five innings doing his only start against Pittsburgh that came to last April at Dodgers Stadium, Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Bubba Chandler. The pitching matchup Dodgers and the Pirates. As we are fifteen minutes away from first pitch, keys to the game. Our next I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers.
Speaker 6: On the night, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers.
Speaker 12: On tap.
Speaker 6: On your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Pirates getting ready to square off. Dodgers winners of three in a row after the sweep in Denver, Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Bubba Chandler the pitching match if you mentioned the Chandler's three and oh here the month of August with an era around two, first pitch coming up at seven to ten. The Dodgers start the night nine games up in the NL West over the San Diego Padres, ten games up over the Arizona Diamondbacks. Meanwhile, Pittsburgh comes in. They are currently sitting in fourth place in the NL Central, seventeen games back in the division is they are trying to fight for a wildcard spot, but they're five and a half games back with about five teams ahead of them in the wild card standings. Dodgers trying to pad their lead even more over the other teams in the division, including San Diego who's got a two to nothing lead over the Twins down at Petco Park. That games in the second inning, Arizona taking on Cincinnati over in the desert. That one in the bottom of the first and the Diamonbacks have already jumped out to a one nothing lead over the Reds. As it gets you ready for this started game with Saporo start, great moment, start of Sapporo beer. Yep, whatever your taste preference, Sapporo has you covered with the variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including lights and non alcoholic beer.
Speaker 4: Sapporo good with sushi, greats with baseball.
Speaker 2: It's head back out to the booth one final time before first pitch.
Speaker 4: Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 8: All right, tim first of three with the Pirates, and tonight it's gonna be Yamamoto going for the Dodgers against Bubba Chandler. Yamamoto has been one of the elite pitchers in this game.
Speaker 7: Ever since he's gotten here.
Speaker 8: On the season twelve and seven, a two sixty RA. If you go back to the middle of May, he had one clunker of a start against Arizona. Set that one aside his RA in his last thirteen starts.
Speaker 7: It's just one sixty one.
Speaker 9: Charlie I used the term a lot about giving your ball club a chance to win. That's exactly what Yamamoto does. And since the All Star Break, you look at the five Star ands, he's three and one with an ERA of just one point eight two, and he comes equipped if he gets ahead in the count. I mean, it's a little batting average to begin with for the season, just one eighty six, but when he gets ahead in the count of hitters, it's just a one forty two average. So if you're a hitter, which one of the six pitches you're going to see at any given time.
Speaker 8: Baba Chandler goes for the Pirates tonight on the season six and eight of four and a quarter er, But since the All Star Break, he's three and zero and five starts in an ERA of two and a third.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's won each of his last three starts, and that's against Milwaukee, the New York Mets, and the Boston Red Sox, and his ERA is barely about two in that period of time, and a little banning average against like Yamamoto, if he gets ahead in the count, it's below a two hundred batning average against. For Chandler, he was a victorious in four innings of relief the Dodgers saw him last year, and the Dodgers trying to pick up another victory here tonight in game number one hundred and twenty nine.
Speaker 8: And so the Dodgers get ready for the first of three with the Pirates, then once again hit the row, but sitting pretty with a sizeable lead in the National League Western Division nine in front of San Diego lineups and first pitch coming up.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Charlie, don't forget after this game it is over. David Vassides got you covered with all the postgame reaction highlights and of course Dodger talk as well. First of three Dodgers and the Pirates on Luca Doncic's bobblehead night, looking good in the Laker uniform, chibbling that basketball as Dodger fans making their way into the ravine. We'll have first pitch when we come back. And enjoined everybody, Dodgers and Pirates. This has been Wrongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, on your back to back World Series champion Dodgers, all your network