Speaker 1: Wrapping up another Christmas wish. I'm not crying.
Speaker 2: You're crying my ball at that one.
Speaker 1: Some of those are very very moving. I would say, if you have a Christmas wish, whether it is really moving, or whether it is not or practical or whatever, it is, love to hear from you.
Speaker 3: Send those in.
Speaker 1: Go to katiewb dot com slash wish. I don't want you to run out of time, and I get give you a couple of tips here, just a couple of tips on your wish. If you hear about Christmas wish and you go, oh my gosh, I know exactly who needs it, that's your person. If you go, hmmm, well the Johnson's lost their pet peacock a couple of years ago, maybe I could write, well, that's not a good one. Yeah, And I'm being a little bit silly, as you know. But if somebody comes to mind immediately, that's your person. If you really have to go, God, who do I know? Then that person probably doesn't need that kind of help. Cannot nominate yourself, and we're getting a ridiculous amount of no people who they're good hearted people, they just don't understand. You cannot nominate yourself and if they've done a giant GoFundMe, then we can't do that either. And if they live far far away, I would say more than a fifty mile radius, then we just we got to be respectful to Brandon from college muscle movers because he's give up early. We can't have him drive all the way to Sandstone. I don't know Sandstone might be I haven't measured it, but I'm sure it's probably a little bit far. Other than that, if there's a financial need, and that is the big key, not just a sad situation, because you know, let's say Bailey got hit by a racehorse. Bailey wandered on the track at Canterburian died in a racehorse collision. It would be sad, but is there a financial need. No, you don't have kids or a family to provide for.
Speaker 4: My mom would be sad.
Speaker 3: Well, she'd be sad, but you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's kind of wandering on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: So think about if there is a financial need, then those are some of the qualifiers. And like I said, we're not like saying, look at here's all the ground rules. I just want to be respectful to you in your time because I don't want you to write a Christmas wish and then have us go well, there's no that's not going to happen. So but if there is something and you know somebody and if you know, it's like love. You guys, when you know, you know when you're in love, you know when you have somebody that's a wish, perfect perfect wish, you know, send those in to KWB dot com slash wish.
Speaker 3: Vant. You want to stir the pot?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, break babe, Okay, hang on, Oh it's sinister, it's vaunt stirs the pot.
Speaker 3: What's up? Vant?
Speaker 5: I usually don't take a dessert or wine or something when I go to somebody's house for the first time.
Speaker 4: I just don't What do you mean, take dessert?
Speaker 2: You know, like just something?
Speaker 5: You know how Usually the protocol is when you go to somebody's house, you bring like a not a housewarming gift. If they invite you to a party, you bring something. I don't.
Speaker 4: I handed ah ah, you at least.
Speaker 2: Offer why though, if you invited me over, I.
Speaker 6: Mean it depends Okay, you're right, it depends on the situation. But you do reach a certain age where you know that the host is putting in so much work, so you do offer no matter what, even though you know the host is probably gonna be like, no, don't bring anything.
Speaker 5: I got see And if you say that, then that's almost always the case. You're gonna be modest. You're gonna say no, it's okay, you don't have to bring anything. Why am I gonna waste my time trying to bring something.
Speaker 6: I'm not modest anymore. If I need help, I say, yeah, bring me some cookies.
Speaker 1: Why just a gesture. It's kind of like sending a thank you card and you don't have to. But if you show up with a bottle of wine or a fruitcake, bring a fruitcake?
Speaker 3: Why then?
Speaker 1: Because it's just a way of saying, Hey, I'm a gracious guest, you're a gracious host.
Speaker 7: Why don't you just buy, like, go out buy like a box of wine and then not a box, you know, like twelve wines and then that's your host gift wine box that you just pull out of there every so often.
Speaker 5: Like I said, I just don't feel if you need to bring something, sure, but I'm just not gonna go assume like I'm not gonna go out.
Speaker 2: Of my way and be like, oh, let me go get this. There's people that have allergies. What if I get somebody that you are loaded to?
Speaker 6: So, do you have something coming up? Because I know you're heading home to Jersey for some family stuff. Do you have something coming up that you're invited to that you're not going to bring something.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to plan a friends giving with some friends from college, but I'm not I'm showing up empty handed.
Speaker 2: If it does happen, you can't shup.
Speaker 4: A friends giving is the number one thing where everyone contributes.
Speaker 5: To IGS and that's a specific friends giving, right, that's specific. So if you ask me to bring something, I will, But I'm not just going to assume I have to bring something.
Speaker 8: That's not on me to assume anything. I'm assuming if your disagree when it's a friends giving. I think it's just kind of standard American protocol and probably parts of Hungary also, where when you go to a get together you just bring something because it's kind of like taking your shoes off when you go in the front door.
Speaker 1: It's just expected. Can you walk around on their carpet with your dirty shoes on?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are they going to say anything? Probably not? But you just do. You just bring along some deviled eggs or fruitcake.
Speaker 5: Jenny, when you went to Carson's graduation party at Dave's house, did you bring something?
Speaker 6: Well, that's a present. Yeah, that is the purpose of a graduation party. You don't have to bring it.
Speaker 2: Example.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was gonna say, you don't have to bring something. If someone is hosting a birthday party, a graduation party, yes, that is all expected that the host is going to be like the one providing and everything. When I hosted a big Bernie Man party, I didn't ask anyone. I did ask like close friends if they wanted to bake something, they could bring something. But I didn't ask anyone to bring anything, and we had like fifty people at that. So it just depends. Like there are certain parties that yes, you are responsible as a host to take care of everything. But I do think that like if you're just having a friends over for some wine one night, you should offer, like, hey, let me pick up some cheese and sausage for a charcuit.
Speaker 3: I bring anything. Oh no, you don't need to bring anything.
Speaker 1: They'll always say that we're gonna go to my friend Debbie and her husband Joe's party last weekend. We didn't go because it was just like too far. We were retired. But I said, well, what do you want us to bring anything? Well, of course your answer was no, you don't need to bring anything, but if you do, maybe some cookies or a snack or you know.
Speaker 2: Something straight up and say can you bring X, y Z.
Speaker 1: Because that's considered. Oh, it's all about etiquette. Yeah, it's like asking for a birthday present. When you come to Carson's graduation, make sure you bring a present. It's unspoken. Yeah, here's a good example.
Speaker 5: A couple times and our boss Rich invites us to over to you know, see his horses, or he had a Halloween party or something. I didn't show up with anything because I didn't know that was expectation.
Speaker 2: Because then do you look at me read if I don't know.
Speaker 3: Something, I think that you can.
Speaker 1: But there's certain parties you just I think as you get older, you get a vibe for whether you are expected to bring something. So like the neighborhoods are having like a little get together, Like everybody on the block is invited to come over to the cook's house for a little Christmasy thing. Well, yeah, you bring something, you bring your you know, your favorite to stewed tomatoes. I always bring stewed tomatoes, always a crowd favorite, y y. Yeah, and there's always plenty left for me to take.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's the reason I don't want to ask anybody to bring anything, because I don't want to you stuck responsible for your your cabbage broccoli soup.
Speaker 7: I just think like, if somebody is hosting you for a long while, that you should bring something.
Speaker 2: Period.
Speaker 4: It's like a it's a it's your appreciative.
Speaker 7: So you're like, hey, thank you so much for planning this big, huge party. I brought stewed potatoes, stewed.
Speaker 3: Tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, deliciousato. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I hosted a cocktail party a few years ago, and so everyone's responsible of creating their own cocktail. So you were responsible for that and you knew that, but nobody really offered to bring anything else. And I kind of was like, Eh, it is my party, so I'm not going to ask anyone. And so I provided a bunch of food and then everyone like showed up with food anyways without even like offering, Yeah, well not we have too much food. I wish you guys would have come me because I made a huge arcuterie board of that barely got touch.
Speaker 1: We did Thanksgiving to my house in Colorado last year, and my sister Vivian brought two pumpkin pies. Well, we had already bought pumpkin pies and apple pies. We didn't need them. I think we pretended that we were going to save and when we threw them away because we didn't want to send them home with her.
Speaker 4: You didn't buy someone in the face. That's what I.
Speaker 1: Would have did, not with the pumpkin pie. No, that's only beenana cream, Jenny, get it straight. So no, no, no, no, no no. But I think yeah, you just you know, you get a feel for whether you should bring something. And it's kind of like dressing up. It's always better to assume that you should dress up than to wish you dressed.
Speaker 4: That's a lesson I need to learn.
Speaker 7: Like yesterday, I'm never dressed appropriately for anything.
Speaker 1: You know, dress Bailey dresses like she just got kicked off of a bus for being I don't know, go ahead, ugly, ugly, No, you look like you just got done cleaning out the garage. You always every day when Bailey dress it comes in, she always looks like she just got done cleaning out the garage cold out.
Speaker 6: I know one of my cu closer she always looks like that. Sometimes she looks like Miss Frizzle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's one.
Speaker 6: There's two versions of Bailey we get. It's either Miss Frizzle or.
Speaker 3: Just thank you. That is sponsers the pot.
Speaker 1: I'm Katie WB We're gonna do Dave Zert coming up in just a moment, you.
Speaker 4: Save my hard from the.
Speaker 1: Oh so cool that that big eras Tour Taylor Swift thing is coming out on Friday on Disney Plus, and it's like, I think gonna be six parts, but the first two episodes coming on Friday, So get yourself some popcorn, sit down on the couch, order some door Dash, and then watch Taylor Swift because that is got to me, seriously, it looks so cool because I'm not even that big of a Taylor Swift fan, but to watch the behind the scenes and under the stage and the rehearsals, that's impressive.
Speaker 3: That's amazing.
Speaker 4: I love anything that's behind the scenes, honestly, it's so cool.
Speaker 6: And I've heard some swifties be like got a big wake in ahead, and I was like, what's going on? They're like, well, the Talk You series comes out on Friday, and I was like.
Speaker 2: Oh my bad for Birthday's like tomorrow too, Right.
Speaker 4: It's Saturday. No, it's the thirteenth, so I think that's Saturday.
Speaker 3: How old is Taylor Swift gonna be?
Speaker 4: Maybe? Yep, thirty six? Thirty six.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's a little younger than I thought. I thought she's like thirty eight or thirty nine. Okay, do you think she'll have a baby with Travis?
Speaker 9: See?
Speaker 6: I think that that's why she's doing as much as she's doing right now, and Travis is trying to like kind of wrap up his football career because I think she's trying to get a lot in before they like get married and then like probably will have kids.
Speaker 4: I think that she'll for sure have kids.
Speaker 5: She seems the type I hope she does at name of something dumb, like what celebrities do these days, because it's a trend for celebrities to just name their kids like Nazerie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, oh gosh.
Speaker 3: That's a beautiful name. Write it down.
Speaker 1: Jenny Kelsey very very quick, Dave's dirt on Katie WB. Just a couple of things to pass along because we have got a jet here in a couple of seconds.
Speaker 3: I made a mistake a little while ago.
Speaker 1: The quarterback who's going to play for the Indianapolis Colts this weekend is forty four years old and he's got ten kids and one grand kid. And I said that he'd only played one year in the NFL. I guess he'd been playing for a long time, so correcting that. But it's still pretty cool that a forty four year old grandpa and father at ten is going to start for the Colts this coming week.
Speaker 7: He must have had his first kid really young, really young, probably so.
Speaker 6: Lady Gaga had a concert in Australia and the infamous pajama man, who is the one who tries to get on stage with people, he kind of attacked Ariana Grande at a red carpet event recently.
Speaker 4: He was in the floor.
Speaker 6: Seats and he got kicked out before the concert even started because fans noticed him and alerted the people, so they were like, nope, get him out of here.
Speaker 7: There's still help for you. Jane Seymour, who is about to turn seventy five. She was a former Bond Girl medicine woman. She says she is still very sexually active at age seventy five. Seventy five, baby, I don't care. I want to be sleeping. I want to be napping. I want to be playing Sadoku.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 6: I want to be drinking coffee in the morning. That's all I care about.
Speaker 5: And Wade Williams, attorney, says that her guardianship is expected to end by the end of this year, which is good.
Speaker 9: There are guardianship attorneys and we're watching and waiting. They have a short way by years then she'll be out of guardianship. No guardianship should feel like a sentence, and honestly, Wendy's does.
Speaker 1: And that is the Dirk brought to you by six P one two Injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law. Drive safe roads look fine from here. Just give yourself a little extra time and we will see you back here tomorrow. For yes, we're doing War of the Roses and another Christmas wish tomorrow morning on KDWB