Speaker 1: For the back to back world champions of baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this is because they can. They printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue. It's not fair are making plans again.
Speaker 4: It's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: This is Brongo Casino Dodgers on DAC.
Speaker 3: You have to fight off being satisfied.
Speaker 1: Your pre game. Look at the back to back world champion Dodgers. Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers Tample cats.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 6: Everybody welcome in, Tom Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Sunday ninth.
Speaker 7: You're a world.
Speaker 6: Champion, back to back champion. Los Angeles Dodgers close out the twenty twenty six portion of the preseason with a three game freeway series against the Anaheim Angels. Tonight, Tyler Glass now on the mound and his final tune up of the spring. First pitch from the Big A is coming up at six oh five. Coming up over the next hour here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts. Big decision made today as far as who will start at second base this year.
Speaker 3: More on that coming up.
Speaker 6: We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup David Vasagos one on one with Santiago Espinal, one of the Dodgers bench players who proves to be big. Here in twenty twenty six, we got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, Kirsten Watson will join us from Sports Net LA. In just a few minutes, we will head out to the Kalpit Motors broadcast booth and here from Tim Neverett and Rick Monday. Well, the Dodgers are reloaded and ready to defend their World Series championship. When you have one of the best lineups in baseball already, the future superstars already there, how can you get better? Well, you go out and sign one of the top free agents on the market. Out field their cots.
Speaker 2: These swingson drives the town of right field side dupe.
Speaker 8: That is con that's a home run.
Speaker 7: Kirk Tucker is second of the spring.
Speaker 6: Kyle Tucker, a Gold Glove outfielder who can hit for power, takes over and right field for the Dodgers this year, meeting to Oscar Hernandez moves over to love field and he Piez, who had a solid spring getting three forty one with the home run, three doubles at a triple anchor center field for the Dodgers this year.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers infield.
Speaker 6: With a pair of future Hall of famers and Mookie Betts and Freddie Freeman. Bets coming off a gold Glove season to shortstop Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 3: He is healthy this spring and already in mid season.
Speaker 2: Fourm hey Freddie rips this one high indep to right center.
Speaker 7: Fan Gone his first home run in the spring.
Speaker 6: Three nothing Dodgers Freddie Freeman with a home run at Campbell back rants. That's the top tier play the game, brought to you by Arco quality, top tier gas for less. He drove in ten runs the spring, hit four nineteen in the Cactus League mat. It's Monsey prime for a big twenty twenty six at third base, while second base, well, it's gonna be a couple of different options. Alex Frielan's gonna make the opening day roster. More on that coming up. He'll go with Miguel Rojas at second base. Haysan Kim gets sent to TRIPLEA Oklahoma City, Will Smith behind the plate, already having played in the World Baseball Classic. The Dodgers' pitching staff no longer has number twenty two and it Clayton Kershaw retired, but Yoshinobu Yamamoto now anchoring a Dodgers' rotation that features Show Hey O Toddi, Tyler Glass now who pitches tonight, Blake Snell, Roki Sasaki imag Shean has earned a spot in the rotation after a really good spring. The Dodgers' bullpen now has a lockdown closer in it, and Edwin Diaz, the right hander signed a free agent deal after twenty eight saves a year ago in New York with the Mets.
Speaker 3: So the twenty six man roster pretty much set.
Speaker 6: Dave Roberts breaking camp at Campbell Back Ranch at Arizona yesterday. The Dodgers now with three exhibition games left before opening day tonight, Game one or the Freeway Series again the Angels in Anaheim. Tyler Glass now gets to start it with more. We head out to the Gallopin Motors Broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Guys, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Tim.
Speaker 2: Good to hear from you again as we get set for baseball here tonight Freeway Series style from the Big A in Anaheim, the Dodgers and the Angels. First of three straight, the next two at Dodger Stadium. Tyler Glays now one and zero. George Klassan he is one and one for the Angels. And the big news today was the fact that the Dodgers decided on who that extra infielder is going to be, and it is not hissan Kim, it is Alex Freeland.
Speaker 8: Dave Roberts just a short.
Speaker 2: Time ago saying that he has been pleased and the organization has been pleased with the quality of at bat from Freeland, and that may have made the difference. Even though hissan Kim has a nine game spring training hitting streak, sometimes he doesn't control the strike zone very well. And they want him to go to Triple A and play every day either at second, short or center field.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 9: Think that the swing has got to get worked out. I think also even before the swing pitch selection and that seemed to not be there all the time. So yeah, that's good. He's got the good foundation of everything else. He's got the lateral movement at second base or its shortstop doesn't really matter, so I'm also play in center field, so there's some versatility on that end of it, but needs a little bit more polishing. I think it's going to work out well for him and obviously the Dodgers hoping it works out very well for them as well.
Speaker 2: And the lineup tonight could be the one we see on opening Day. The question is will Alex Freeland start as a left handed batter against the right hander Zach Gallon of Arizona or will Miguel Rojas get rewarded and get the start on opening up?
Speaker 9: And something we talk about during the game, not only tonight, but the next couple of games there'll be a Dodger stadium. What is Dave Roberts's lineup going to be and will it vary when there is a right handed pitcher or a left handed pitcher. And here's why I bring that up, because you have tonight again what we have seen o toany the designated hitter, he'll leave it off, then Kyle Tucker two lefties in a row, followed by Mookie Betts. Then the fourth spot is Freddie Freeman. So that's three out of four left handed batters, and then you go Will Smith, Max Muntzi, Lefty Ti Oscar. Her name is Andy PAHs, and then Alex Friedland. You and I were talking the way down from Los Angeles here to Orange County today. That's a very formidable lineup. And I think if you're batting in the middle of this Dodger lineup, even towards the end of the lineup, you're going to have a great number of bats this year with runners possibly on baits.
Speaker 2: Well, the least important thing we can tell you is the fact that the Dodgers won the Cactus League by a half game.
Speaker 5: Over the Giants. When's the parade?
Speaker 2: There isn't one, Okay, David. It was pointed out to Dave Roberts a short time ago. He just sort of laughed it off. He said, Wow, that's.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, I thought they had us sort I'll tell you this.
Speaker 9: As I was driving from Glendale, Arizona yesterday after the game, I was waving the entire time on Interstate ten all the way to LA.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you are. We're all happy to be back in southern California. The first of three games in the Freeway Series the Dodgers and the Angels. It is George Clausan pitching against Tyler Glasnow. Glasnows look very good this spring, and we'll see how many pitches he gets to in this one tonight. Angels sixteen and fourteen, the Dodgers nineteen eighteen and one after their tie with the A's yesterday afternoon. Stand by, we'll have more to come from the Big A mee time we send it back to Tim Kates.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, guys. Off and running here, so counting down to first pitch.
Speaker 6: Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shakey's Pizza Parlor.
Speaker 3: What are your Shaky's Pizza.
Speaker 6: Chicken and mojos right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. Get more on Hayesung Kim and getting sent to Triple A Oklahoma City. Alex Freeland will get the nod at second base along with mcguil Rojas to start the season. We'll check it with David Vess. He's got all the information. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But up next your Tani rewind it, We'll visit with sports and at Las Kirsten wantson. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Angels the Freeway Series for the Big A and Anaheim on this warm Sunday evening. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kazislee. Back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and Angels the start of the Freeways Series, exhibition style home opener season open for the Dodgers on Thursday against the Diamondbacks. Tyler glass Now and George Class in the pitching matchup tonight, first pitch trem Anaheim coming up at six foot five.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewide the two one Now Old Tony lights it up.
Speaker 10: It is good, Old Tony oars to Yodova is on time.
Speaker 5: Show.
Speaker 6: Hey Otani playing for Team Japan in the World Baseball Classic with the Grand Slam. In the opening game against Chinese Taipei. Otani played in four games. He was six for thirteen with a double, three home runs, seven runs, batted in and walked five times Japan, though lost to Venezuela in the quarterfinals of the WBC.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: Hey Kirson out joint such with the Big Game, brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today your car could be picked up tomorrow that easy. Donate now with Cars for Kids dot orgitet's cars.
Speaker 5: With a K.
Speaker 3: First off, Hello, Kirston, How you doing?
Speaker 11: Longtime news? Yeah, I guess it's so good to hear your face.
Speaker 5: Can you believe it?
Speaker 11: Twenty twenty six, Here we come.
Speaker 3: I mean it feels like yesterday.
Speaker 6: We're talking before Game seven of the World Series. They beat the Blue Jay. The off seasons coming gone. We've enjoyed you during the spring on Sports and n LA and the sible here on the Dodgers audio and network.
Speaker 3: But here we are. It's the Freeway Series.
Speaker 6: But first of three at a big league seeing against the Angels, and one of the big storylines all spring. Kerson has been second base. And now we got some clarity. Yeah, we finally do. And so of course when it came to that the big question. It was kind of a I don't want to say one against the other, but it was Alex Freeland or is it going to be Hassan Kim. Of course, you know, for Hassan he was away from the team playing for team Career in the World Baseball Classics, so we didn't see him for about let's say two weeks. Alex was there, of course, getting lots of playing time, and the decision came today, so they optioned Haysan Kim optioned him to triple a OKC. That means that Alex Freeland is going to making his first opening day roster. Of course, we saw him debut last year and with that time, you know, a lot of times they want to give runway to young players. He was able to kind of get in. We know he can play different parts of the diamond, but for this year, the plan is for him to be playing second base. He's going to be a true platooning situation, so it's going to be him against righty's and then Miguel Rojas against lefties. So that's what things are really going to look like.
Speaker 11: But for Alex Failer, I think if you look at the numbers of this spring, he was only batting one sixteens on paper, not the best of springs, but even Dave Roberts as well as Alex have said that the numbers didn't show what he was able to achieve during spring training he felt. He said, he made a few mechanical changes to his batting stands, he was able to just be better when it comes to pitch selection, really getting back to his true self, the guy he was in TRIPAA, and so Davis said, you know, they feel like he's done everything he could do in the minors, and now this is his opportunity to really show what he's got and really getting a balanced playing time. So we'll see kind of how it looks like. But when it comes to his on Kim, they also told him that, you know, continue to be confident. He did have an excellent spring for the time that he was with the organization, and it's really just continuing to understand the utility player he can be. So that's going to be playing every day, whether it's going to be at second, whether it's maybe at short, playing in center field, allowing him to do just that.
Speaker 6: Tyler Glass now gets the final tune up before his first start of the regular season comes next week and for Tyler Glass now, but a nice little spring for him.
Speaker 11: Oh it's been an excellent spring for Tyler Glass now. For him, he just how he talks about how his body is feeling, the confidence you see on the mount. I was talking to a few of the pitching coaches and he was just they were saying that, you know, they saw the biggest difference in Tyler right before the postseason. If you remember, coming into the season last year, he made a lot of mechanical changes trying to kind of change just how he was using his upper half compared to his legs, and so Kate obviously there was a bit of a back pain, some things like that of injury here and there. So for him, he has really understood what is best for him. He has his cues and so now he comes in he feels excellent. He was able just to kind of carry over what he did in October into the off season and now into this spring. So the plan for him tonight is just to continue building up. But they can get ninety pitches, that would be great. But there everyone's for what Tyler Glass now can really do this year. I mean, as long as he stays healthy, the stuff is playing just excellent, and even Dave said this is the best that he has looked, the best they have seen of him since he's been in this organization.
Speaker 3: Ready or not, here we go.
Speaker 6: The Freeway Series is here and right before we know it, Opening Day coming up on Thursday.
Speaker 3: Great to hear your boys, Karrisen. We'll check in with you after the game. Still the come here.
Speaker 6: I'm Marongo Cauzino Dodgers on Deck. Will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vesego's one on one with Santiago Espinal. But up next, we got an injury report and we'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts. Get his pregame thoughts leading up to Game one of the Freeway Series Dodgers and Angels.
Speaker 3: First pitch of six so five.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kats and this is the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 6: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. In tussle leads up to first pitch. It's the Dodgers and the Angels, the Freeway Series, Morongo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for good times. Tyler Glass now on the mountain, first pitch coming up, S six oh five.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 6: Pretended by UCLA Healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Well, Tommy Edmond's going to start the season on the IL, recovering from off season ankle surgery. Blake Snell will start twenty twenty six on the IL, slow playing his way back from a short left throwing shoulder. Brock Stewart on the IL, working his way back from off season at shoulder surgery. Bruce dark Graderol Slow getting going this spring with a sore right shoulder. He's been banged up for the better part of the last two seasons. Keiy Hernandez on the sixty day IL. He's looking at mid season return after having an off season elbow surgery on his non throwing arm. All right, let's head back out to the Big A and check in with the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 5: Anything else for DA.
Speaker 12: Questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe can.
Speaker 1: You talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 13: It was a very probably the toughest decision of the spring. There's there's no doubt that hay Song at some point is going to come help us out. I think the driver as far as the outset, was given hay Song an opportunity to play every day, play all over the diamond. He's gonna play some short, some center, some second base there whereas here he just wouldn't have the runway to do that, to play more frequently. I think with Alex it's just what he's done in Triple A already.
Speaker 5: He's really played well there.
Speaker 13: There's really nothing left for him to prove there, and so I think for us to give him a little bit and runway to see what we got in him, give him an opportunity to play here for us it gets right handed pitching, and so just kind of see where it goes. But again, it's really not an in Diamond on hay Song at all. And like I said, we think the world to him as a player, as a teammate and expecting him to help.
Speaker 5: Us at some point.
Speaker 11: Yeah, with Haysong and being that utility player, I mean, do you just feel like there's just more value if he can play at different parts of the diamond.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know, he's an excellent elite second basement, but to continue to get at bats, the versatility piece, the opportunity to do that, he wouldn't be really getting that here ow.
Speaker 6: G factor in the spring results for Alec Freeland where the surface numbers were now very good.
Speaker 13: You know, I think that. I think for me with Alex, I think I think the bad quality has been fine. He just hasn't finished off. He hadn't hasn't finished off the at bats. So I think that for us, I've always said I don't evaluate completely through spring with spring training, but yeah, Haysong, you know it was abbreviated, but he had a nice spring. But it's a small sample and Alex played a lot, didn't have a great spring, but played great defensively. And I still think that, you know, in talking to the front office, we felt that with what he's done before in the past at Triple A, giving him this opportunity and see where it leads.
Speaker 6: All Right, there's manager Dave Roberts talking about Alex Freelan making the opening day roster. Hayes On Kim optioned to Triple A Oklahoma City. More on that coming up with David Bassey as we continue here on Marago Casino Dodgers on Deck. Still coming up, We're gonna hear from Santiago Espinal as well.
Speaker 3: We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Angels the Freeway Series on this Sunday night. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Angels, the Freeways Series. Tyler Glass now on the mount First pitch coming up at six oh five. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Alpato Gore May in a can.
Speaker 3: Coming up. We'll dive deeper to the pitching matchup, but.
Speaker 1: First joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger inside there, David Bassi DV.
Speaker 3: We just heard from the manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: But a lot of people still scratching their heads as far as they hates on Kim versus Alex frielan battle at second base and Freeland gonna be on this opening day roster.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there's a couple of layers to all this. I can remember back in twenty seventeen spring training where Chris Taylor and Key k Hernandez were not Chris Taylor and Key k Hernandez, yet they were fighting for like here, the final roster spot, and Chris Taylor had an unbelievable spring training which led to an unbelievable season, and the Dodgers sent Chris Taylor down and had Key k Hernandez on the roster because there's a bigger plan in place. Just like during the regular season, the Dodgers match up, map out matchups and who they believe is going to fit it better for that stretch of time, or if they're trying to get a guy more at bats in the minor leagues, And that's what I'm gathering is the case here with Kim versus Freeland in particular, the Dodgers want him to play a lot of center field in Oklahoma City and get his swing back in rhythm, which got out of rhythm when he went to.
Speaker 8: The World Baseball Classic.
Speaker 4: And obviously the results were not with what Alex Freeland would want during spring training or the Dodgers, but he believes that he had an underlying good spring training.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I mean, you could definitely look at spring training and look at the stats and say, yeah, he had a terrible spring training. But in my eyes, I worked on certain things and I achieved certain goals. So I mean, I feel comfortable with how spring training went. Obviously it wasn't my to my standards or anything like that, but there's there's good in there. It's not just looking at a batting average and saying, oh, it is a terrible.
Speaker 4: Spring Yeah, Freeland had a great chase percentage. He took a lot of walks, and he will be playing against right handed pitching and hitting ninth, and you want to get on base no matter which way it is. And so far, the quality of at bats the Dodgers saw from Freeland convinced them that he deserved the opportunity to get this runway. While Tommy Edmonds on the il to begin the year.
Speaker 6: David is brought to you by Ford and it's four Truck Month and now is the best time to get a Ford truck. Hurry in because Ford Truck Month happens only once a year. Go to your Southern California four dealers today. The Dodgers had a special guest in the clubhouse earlier DV.
Speaker 4: That's right too, Albert, former Dodger and angel, Albert Poolholz was in the Dodger clubhouse and went to visit with Dave Roberts was in the coaches room. He was wearing his World Baseball Classic hat and yes we did embrace the t O Albert hugs still in full effect him.
Speaker 8: So it was great to see Albert out here.
Speaker 4: And we were watching Dino Ebel's son Brady taking his at bats against the A's in a future showcase game out in Arizona. So just awesome to be a fly on the wall hearing Albert Pools and the Dodger coaches talk baseball.
Speaker 5: No doubt about it.
Speaker 6: David Gray Stuff will check back you with you in just a couple of minutes. Still to come here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We dive deeper into this pitching matchup up next, So you're Dodgers magical moment yep, it's back Dodgers and Angels the Freeway Series exhibition style from the Big A on this Sunday night.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at six oh five.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kass the back to back World Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers, Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Angels.
Speaker 6: The Freeway Series tonight the Big A and Anaheim. Then it'll move up the five Freeway Tomorrow night and Tuesday night when show Hey o'tani scheds to get his final tune up of the exhibition season.
Speaker 3: Tyler Glass now on the mountain tonight. First pitch coming up?
Speaker 5: So far.
Speaker 2: Without a hot dog?
Speaker 8: Who wants a hot Dog?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawfy hot Dogs.
Speaker 6: We go back to October of last year, Game four of the NLDS Dodgers and the Phillies. Dodgers a two to one series leading the best of five. The Phillies had a one o lead in Game four. Late behind a strong pitching performance from Christopher fas Sanchez, the Dodgers tied it through in the bottom of the ninth after loading the bases.
Speaker 3: The game went to extra innings.
Speaker 6: In the bottom of the eleven, the Dodgers loaded the bases with two outs. Ryan Kirkering on the mound facing Eddie Paz.
Speaker 7: Heart rates through the roof the oh one pitch.
Speaker 3: Paz grounds it back to Kirkery.
Speaker 7: He can't find it. He throws home.
Speaker 10: It's d ten scores and the Dodgers are going to the championship.
Speaker 7: The fire works.
Speaker 10: Golf in center field.
Speaker 7: The Dodgers celebrate your first base on a ground ball back to the pitcher.
Speaker 10: MD Potz somehow gets the job done, Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Winning on a walk off throwing their from Oryan Kirkran high Sung came scored from third, and the Dodgers beat the Phillies and eleven innings to win Game four of the NLDS, eliminate the Phillies, and of course they go on to beat the Brewers in the NLCS and then beat the Blue Jays in seven games to win the twenty twenty five World Series. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 3: Hofey hot Dogs, local and so great.
Speaker 6: So when we con tit you here on Moroco Casino, Dodgers on deck, we will check back you Rick Monday, as we're leading up to first pitch on this Sunday Dodgers and Angels from the Big A and Anaheim.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim kas Is the to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Angels the Freeway Series Game one of this three games.
Speaker 3: Set before the start of the regular season.
Speaker 6: Tyler Glass now George Clawson the pitching matchup tied. Now for the Verizon startup as we are thirty minutes away from the start of the game. Now at Verizon you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit the Verizon store today.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Bassey, Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Rick, you survived Arizona. You and Tim Neverett the iron Man of Spring Training.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: By the way, unless you bring a note from home, we want to know exactly where you went.
Speaker 4: I feel like you're tracking me more than my own family. You want to know every step I take.
Speaker 9: Well, because we miss you. That's the reason why. And I know you were going a couple of different times, so it worked out. You know, Tim and I talked about this a couple of days ago. I think overall the spring trending, I said, if you're going to give the Dodgers a score, I would put an a because I think from a fundamental standpoint, that's to me, that's the biggest thing.
Speaker 5: You get guys in shape.
Speaker 9: They come to shape to begin with, but then learn how to do the fundamentals all over again. And I'm talking about the cutoffs, the relays, knowing what to do with the baseball before it's hit to you. We didn't see that many rundowns. We saw two that I recall off hand. They were run very successfully, did not chase a lot of pitches. From a hitting standpoint, they drew a lot of walks. And I think if we looked at the last number of years, the Dodgers' success has been selective hitters selected by pitching, selecting good pitches in different situations in a ball game.
Speaker 5: So and then you look at the pitching.
Speaker 9: Fortunately, knock on would everybody kind of progress those who are coming off of injuries, and except for Blake Stelle, everyone has been really been in there and participating in somewhat in a rotation or at least in a routine.
Speaker 4: Rick, when you come out of Arizona and you get ready for the season already, there's some questions about the Dodgers and how they're going to navigate this season with so many thirty something players. How do they navigate that to be ready for October?
Speaker 9: Well, the only real question position wise was who's going to be the starting second basement on opening Day. Still don't have the absolute answer on that. We get a little bit closer because today Hasan Kem was reassigned, So that leaves the door open for the Dodgers to understand what's going to be taking place. And tonight at second base it'll be a Freeland against the start. He'll ban in the nine spot. The rest of the lineup, I mean, we're looking at probably the opening day lineup, including maybe the position in the lineup except for Freeland of at ninth, play second and base.
Speaker 4: Kyle Tucker's in there. The Dodgers are expecting him not just to hit home runs, but to get on base. Would have been your first impressions of Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 5: He's a solid player.
Speaker 9: I'm not that concerned about hitting a home runs, and I hope he doesn't feel the pressure that he has to hit home runs, get on base, utilizes base running skills, which includes speed and knowing how and when to run. And if you look at this lineup, I mean, if you're batting David Basse in the four, five and six spot, maybe even the seventh spot as well, in this Dodger lineup, you're going to get a great number of advasserd thrunners in scoring position. You've got a tany tonight batting in the leadoff spot, the designated hitter Kyle Tucker starting in right field. He's batting in the number two spot. Mookie Betts has now moved to the number three spot, more responsibilities there. Then you've got Freeman will Smith, Max Munsey, ti Oskar Hernanez, who, by the way, ti Oscar Hernanez and my estimation, has had himself a good spring. He looks much more comfortable in left field, and Max Munsey and my estimation, I think overall had one of the better springs that we have seen defensively, and I think it's the result of all the hard work he put in last year and he really improved in the skill levels right there. He's made in the Arizona portion, some terrific plays.
Speaker 8: Maybe also being a little lighter on his feet.
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, that does brought that up to him. Rick, Yeah, he agreed. You're a little lighter on your feet too. Of course your reason is a little bit different. You have to sprint out of the way of some of these guys because you're really irritating that.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 8: Otani almost sent me with a heavy promost.
Speaker 5: In midseason form. David.
Speaker 8: Thanks, Rick, I've been waiting for this day for a long time.
Speaker 5: Well, then you had a boring winner.
Speaker 8: We'll check back in with you and Tim never See.
Speaker 5: David.
Speaker 8: Hey, great to see you too, Rick. Tim, we'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 6: DV still to come here on Morongo Becauseino Dodgers on deck. We'll get you a preview of this pitching mad shop. Rickle be back with Tim Nevertt. We'll get you the keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight for Santiago Espinal one of the newer Dodgers Dodgers Angels Freeway Series.
Speaker 3: First pitch is six oh five. I'm Tim Katz.
Speaker 6: This is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Leading up to Dodgers at Angels on the Sunday Nights. Tyler Glass now George Clawson. The pitching matchup in Game one of the Freeways Series. First pitch coming up at six oh five. Dodgers Baseball, brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shakey's dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers are back in California, first night of the exhibition Freeways Series here in Anaheim, and we're joined by a man that came to camp with a minor league contract and performed and earned his way onto the Dodgers opening day roster. And that's former All Star Santiago. Espinal Santiago, thanks for the time and congratulations.
Speaker 15: Thank you, thank you guys for the opportunity. Thank God first and you know, excited to be here.
Speaker 4: Obviously you knew you were good enough to make this roster, but now that it's official, now that it's here, when you look back on your spring, how did you do it?
Speaker 15: I mean, just being prepared, you know, being prepared mentally ready. And also you know, that's why I work in the off season as well. You know, I came to a winning organization who back to back championship. But you know, my questions that I ask myself every day is how can I add to the championship team, you know, and that's what I've been doing. How can I do it offensively? Defensively? You know, I played multiple position. I can do a lot of things with the bat too as well. So that's what we're here for.
Speaker 4: That's another part of this equation. It's not like you're joining a team that finished fourth place. You're joining the team that's went back to back championships. Obviously they believe you're a championship player too.
Speaker 15: Yeah, you know, and I appreciate that too as well, you know, But you know, job is not done.
Speaker 12: You know, spring training just in the past.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 15: Now, I just gotta keep doing my thing, being consistent everything that I do, you know, defensively, and offensively, so we're ready for it.
Speaker 4: You obviously are aware of the situation. You're not going to play every day. How do you stay ready now to be able to contribute?
Speaker 15: You know, I've been five almost six years in the big leagues. You know, I've been doing it for a long time, I feel, and you know, all I can do is control whatever I can control. Make sure that I'm prepared whenever my name is called, make sure my name is called when my name is called.
Speaker 12: Being prepared, and that's all it is, just being prepared.
Speaker 4: The big guy just ran by show hal Tani. What's it been like to get to experience being on the same side as him.
Speaker 12: It's been cool.
Speaker 15: You know, I face him a love, I play against him a law so you know, being on the same team, I'll be able to watch the homers, you know, all the loud noises and stuff like that.
Speaker 12: So it's been cool.
Speaker 4: Is it something different to see what his personality's like because he has a good sense of humor?
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, yeah, I mean it's different. Also, it's different the way he prepares. He barely have time for himself, you know, So there's something something that you can pick up, So you know, from one of the best players in the game, maybe the best players in the game.
Speaker 12: You know, he's the best player in the gay.
Speaker 15: So what I see his routine, the way he prepares, he doesn't even have time, you know.
Speaker 12: So as you can see, he was just out there throwing. Now he's going inside.
Speaker 15: He probably gonna go ahead, and then by the time he's done, he probably gotta hear a little and then.
Speaker 12: Ready for the game, you know. So that's his daily, you know.
Speaker 15: And I and I and I thought myself and I was asking myself, I'm like, how did he do it?
Speaker 12: You know, how did he do it? But he does it every day and it's it's crazy.
Speaker 4: Santiago our guest before you go, you're a proud Dominican. Did you see the big future Hall of Famer in the clubhouse today?
Speaker 15: I saw him, but I didn't want to bother him too. So it was a cool moment though that I met him when I was a rookie. I think it was back in twenty twenty or twenty twenty one, that's when I met him when he was with the Cardinals again. And U you know, being seeing him in the locker room to us where it was pretty cool.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, that's the one and only Albert Poolholes. So people still can't believe that I gave Teo Albert a hug because he was giving all the Dodgers hugs that year. So I said, hey, big home run, I think I'm going to give him a hug too on TV. And to this day, I get Theo Albert hug every time we see each other.
Speaker 15: That's cool, man, that's good, especially from a legend like that Hall of Fame and then, uh, you know, great guy, and uh you know those hugs probably have a lot of hits and a lot of homers on it, so that's cool.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, thank you for the time, and I can't wait to see the Taosky Hernandez Sunflower seats coming your way.
Speaker 8: All year long.
Speaker 12: Well yeah, let's do it. Thank you.
Speaker 10: There we go.
Speaker 4: Santiago Espinal has been our guest Tim. He's gonna be a big part of this Dodger team. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot of dv at Dodger fans get to know him.
Speaker 6: Santiago Espinal, you can play multiple positions and it give me a big factor for this Dodgers team. Certainly, while Keikey Hernandez is out lead, you have to first pitch on this Sunday. It's the Freeway Series Dodgers and the Angels. First pitch coming up at six to SOHO five up next. So we'll dive deeper in this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim katz is the back to back world champion Dodgers audio.
Speaker 1: Know this is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunts the game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and Angels on this Sunday night. Spill teams back in Southern California, INDI Can Cactus League play three game exhibition series before the season opener on Thursday for the Dodgers out at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 3: First pitch tonight the Big A coming up at six oh five.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 6: Brought to you by your Toyota dealers. We make it easy. George Classon on the mound for the Halos, twenty four year old right hander, six round pick of the Phillies in twenty twenty three out of the University of Minnesota. Angels acquired him in twenty twenty four in a deal. He's one of the Angels' top five pitching prospects. Fastball, upper nineties, curveball, really good slider. Spent a majority of last season in Double A, making twenty four starts. He made one start in Triple A late in September, making his fifth appearance here this spring. His fourth start, eleven and two third innings, five runs, nine hits, ten strikeouts and five walks. Tyler Glass now on the mound for the Dodgers, thirty two year old right hander going into his eleventh season in the Big Leagues, his third with the Dodgers, Hoping to build on last year where hemain eighteen starts during the regular season, then six appearances in October, making his final tune up of the spring. Three starts, ten and two third innings, five runs, six hits, fifteen strikeouts and just two walks and Angels, we are fifteen minutes away from first pitch in the Big A. Keys of the Game. Our next I Tim Katz's the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season law.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and Angels on this warm Sunday evening the start of the Freeway Series. Exhibition style teams will start the regular season on Thursday. Dodgers at home against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Tyler glass Now and George Class in the pitching matchup tonight. Getting ready for the start of the game with a Sapporo start Great moments, Start with Sapporo, whatever your taste preference.
Speaker 3: Soporo has you cover with a variety.
Speaker 6: Of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Soaporo, good with sushi, great with baseball? All right, Before first pitch, we head back out to the booth one final time.
Speaker 2: Tim and Rick, guys, Thanks again, Tim. The pitching matchup tonight, Tyler glass Now, He's one to zero with a four to two two ERA so far this spring and tonight the plan is six innings or ninety pitches. It would be the deepest he could go, depending on how the game goes, But the Dodger staff has said that mechanically and physically, this is the best that Tydler Glasnow has looked in quite some time.
Speaker 5: And they need him to be healthy.
Speaker 9: Just eighteen starts during the regular season, so I'm in the postseason as well. But for Glassdow low batting average against. I mean, lefties last year hit a buck eighty two and the right handers hit just one seventy three. So here's the guy in mainstay in this lineup, in the rotation, and hopefully he's going to stay healthy and have quite a few starts during this championship season.
Speaker 2: As far as pitching goes tonight, we'll see who comes in and back. But you know, the things have been shortened up as far as the bullpen is concerned, and I think most of the questions have been answered as far as guys coming in after the starters.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and Dave has been able to get them in mid inning as well if runners are on base, be able to do that. One area that the Dodgers' pitching staff has not really been I think spot on so far this spring, negating some of the running games of other teams and have not really allowed their catchers to have great opportunities to throw runners out.
Speaker 2: Show Hey, Otani will be the first batter of the ball game tonight, as the Dodgers visit the Angels. The next two games are at Dodgers Stadium and Tomorrow night Roki Sasaki expecting to pitch against left hander Reed Detmer's Otani. It's possible he could pitch Tuesday. We don't know right now for sure, but he could pitch the final game of the Freeway Series at Dodgers Stadium. Meantime, tonight we'll see Tyler Glas now against George Clausa. Stand by lineups and first pitch coming up.
Speaker 6: Tim all right, Dodgers and Angels back home in Southern California Tomorrow and Tuesday, the Freeway Series heads up through all the traffic the five to Dodgers Stadium for the final two games of this three game set day off Wednesday. Then it all starts for you all on Thursday with the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks. First things first, the Freeway Series out the glass, now on the mound, Dodgers and Angels. When we come back, Tim Kates, and this is the back to back world champion Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Onto that work.