Speaker 1: Imagine of the hobdays. D Ryan Christmas Wish. Wow.
Speaker 2: Here we are back again Christmas Wish on KDWB. We've been doing this for I think we're in year number thirty three Wow of Christmas Wish and we've raised millions of dollars over the years. We've given out millions of dollars and I haven't kept track of the year. Don't don't quote me on that, but I'm going to guess it's probably right up around a million dollars or more if you add it all up. And thanks to the generosity of everybody who helps out. There are people who don't even get plugs on the radio. They'll be like, hey, I work over here. We're gonna send you guys this. We're gonna help out with this because people just want to find somebody to help. It's like we want to want and do good, and here's your opportunity to do good. We're gonna do something right now on KTWB. But first we had to check in with our boy Brandon. Is he on the top line over here? Yes, Brandon?
Speaker 1: Is that you.
Speaker 2: Look who's back in action with College Muscle Movers. How how have you been Brandon? In the last twelve months.
Speaker 1: Can't blame overall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, new family members, new pet, powerball win, anything like that.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll just great for overhaul thing vib already. So oh Brandon, you are the best.
Speaker 2: Thanks for helping us out College Muscle Movers helps us with the delivery of the Christmas wish.
Speaker 1: Yes, and we're we're doing something a little bit different.
Speaker 2: We've actually got the wish e on the phone right now.
Speaker 1: Page. Are you with me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm here a page.
Speaker 2: It's Dave Ryan over at KTWB. We called you a minute ago and said, hey, can we put you on the radio.
Speaker 1: Well what for?
Speaker 2: And we said, we'll tell you when we get you on the radio. Have you got a few minutes, page, Yeah, okay, good. I got an email from your friend Carrie. Who is Carrie to you?
Speaker 4: Cherrie is my uh that is my aunt, your aunt Carrie.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So she wrote in and she told us why you might be a good recipient for Christmas wish, And she wrote the following letter. If you got a minute, I'm going to read this to you page okay. Of course I am nominating Page for a special Christmas wish because she is an extraordinary eighteen year old who's carried a lifetime of responsibility on her shoulders with a heart full of love. When I hired her three months ago as a shift manager, she immediately showed a rare mix of leadership, maturity, and genuine compassion. She lifted her team up, took pride in her work, and always stepped into help without hesitation. As I got to know her more, she opened up about the role she played at home, picking her younger siblings up from school, cooking for them, helping her mom, bringing them to doctor appointments, doing whatever she could.
Speaker 1: To help out.
Speaker 2: Page has always been the kind of person who gives and gives, and gives quietly, humbly, without expecting anything in return. The day before her world shattered, Page and her mother were excitedly planning Christmas presents for the kids and looking forward to Thinks Giving. They were full of hope, talking about how special the holidays would be. The very next day, while Paige was at work cleaning and preparing the store for the dinner rush with her usual positive spirit, she received the call that changed her life forever. I washed her break into pieces in front of me, her whole world collapsing in seconds, Yet even in her pain. The very first words out of her mouth were about her siblings. Do the kids know? Are they okay? Her instinct was still to protect them before herself. She rushed to the hospital, only to be told that she was the one who had to speak for her mother, make the arrangements, and face the unimaginable reality of losing the person she relied on most. Beneath her brave face is a young woman who is tired, scared, and grieving deeply. You remember that phone call? Yes, what was the news? When you answered the phone? What was the news?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Id called my grandfather and Kee I heard, Hey, my mom's in the hospital. What happened? Is she okay? And the first thing he told me was she collapsed, said that she was rushed to the hospital and she was on.
Speaker 1: It just kind of out of the blue. Yeah, So she had seemed reasonably healthy and then just gone, Yeah, she.
Speaker 4: Was a little sick.
Speaker 5: But like in the letter, it said, just the night before we were talking, she was fine, she was laughing, and then I got the call at work. It was random, it was unexpected.
Speaker 2: The letter goes on to say, since that heartbreaking moment, Paige just carried responsibilities no teenager should ever have to face alone. She is planning her mother's services while stepping into the role of primary caregiver for your four younger sil blings, two of whom are autistic, fighting through overwhelming grief, financial strain, and the fear of the unknown. When did mom pass?
Speaker 5: She pass on? Excuse me Friday the twenty first, So.
Speaker 2: Just just ten days ago, So a week ago Friday. Yes, she is trying to hold her family together with nothing but her strength or love and determination. Granting Paige and siblings of Christmas wish would bring a ray of hope into the darkest time of her life and remind Paige that she is not alone, that her strength has not gone unnoticed, and that she deserves comfort, support and a moment of peace. And that is from caring. So are you familiar at all, Paige with Katie WB's Christmas Wish?
Speaker 5: Not at all known?
Speaker 2: Some people are, some people aren't. Christmas Wish is something we do every year for thirty This is the thirty third year. I believe where we find somebody who threw no fault of their own, is just going through something really tough. Sometimes it's financial, sometimes it's just heartbreaking. Sometimes they just need some good news. What's that shaboozy song?
Speaker 3: Good news? Just need some good news, some good news.
Speaker 2: We've got some good news for you. We've got we've got some things for your family that we've got Canaan who is four, Cash who is nine, Chase who is his twin, also nine, Carmen who is twelve, and then there's you that I get all the names right. Yes, we have things for you guys, just to kind of brighten the spirit a little bit and help out a little bit financially. Let's start off with Canaan. Canaan is four years old. So we got them some cool stuff. We got them a pair of light up Spider Man sneakers because kids love those things. Yes, so we got them some cool clothes, some different squish mellows. Kids love squish mellows because they're squishy.
Speaker 1: They're squishy, love squish mellows. Lie, we got we got a bed full of these things. It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 2: We got a mini places based ball pit and an iPad so he can watch whatever he wants to watch.
Speaker 1: What you watching? Bluey Paw Patrol.
Speaker 5: At the moment, it's toy story in Majanah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great choice.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now remember we're talking to an eighteen year old who is now taking care of all these people, all these kids. Cash is a twin for Cash we've got he's nine. We got him, this says, a Nintendo sixty with Super Smash Brothers and Mario Kart. I don't know what a Nintendo sixty is. I think they might mean a switch. I think I don't know what a Nintendo sixty is, but we don't think. Well, maybe Nintendo sixty four is twenty five year old, so I'm sure we didn't get you one of those.
Speaker 1: They probably they probably typed it up wrong.
Speaker 2: Nintendo girl, you're getting a Nintendo for cash, two para Nikes, some clothes, and a race car track with toy cars included, because we heard he's into that stuff. Uh. For Chase, who is his twin, also nine years old. Where are the kids right now?
Speaker 1: Anywhere? They they're with you?
Speaker 5: Not at the moment. They are still in bed.
Speaker 4: Okay, one of them are with their grandfathers.
Speaker 2: Okay, gotcha. For Chase, you'r the twin. We got them a fifty dollars Rollblocks gift card and a new bike. And some clothes and some sneakers. Carmen is your twelve year old, right, Yes, Carmen, We've got Nike sneakers, the five trendy lounge wear outfits. We got a Fuzzy Fuzzy pink blanket and a twelve days of Kylie Cosmetics Advent calendar. Twelve days of Kylie. Okay. For Chase and Carmen both wanted to PlayStation, so you're you're gonna get a PlayStation five with games, So that's pretty dope.
Speaker 1: That's wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, And for you, we got you some stuff too, because you've got so much on your plate right now. We got some sneakers, we got some clothes. We got a black, boneless slim couch delivered by Amazon and comforter set from Amazon that'll be coming. And then for the family holiday, Station Storre has heard about you guys, we got one hundred and one dollar gas station gift card. Broadway Pizza is giving everybody with a Christmas wish this year a one hundred dollars Broadway Pizza gift card.
Speaker 3: Broadway.
Speaker 2: You've got five and including you is at five hungry mouths to feed. We're gonna give you a three hundred dollars cub Foods gift card. We got a bunch of other fun stuff. Toilet paper you never have enough toilet paper now, toothbrushes, toothpasse, loofahs, just some fun stuff including a cookie making kit, just to help out and make your Christmas a little bit, a little.
Speaker 1: Bit easier, if I can use that word.
Speaker 2: But I think one of the things is to let you know that so many people are rooting for you, and so many people are pulling for you, and just want you to know that you're loved, appreciated and cared for and not alone and not alone, right.
Speaker 4: Thank you. I've definitely had a lot of support at this. My mom was a very My mom was really out there who once told her she was the life of the party. A lot of new faces came around, which was really nice, even if it was just for a nice little here's our condolences.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I know that you're still The grieving process is a long and hard process, and it comes in waves. Sometimes you're doing okay and other times you're just you're destroyed, and it comes in waves. And I can't imagine losing your mom when you're eighteen years old. And what you're going through and what you're the struggles that you will face, you know, in the years ahead, struggles and joys. It's not all going to be struggles. There'll be a lot of joys in there too. But we wanted to help you out. And there's a guy near your front door. He's from College Muscle Movers. His name is Brandon, and he's going to come in and all of the deliverables he's gotten for you, from the gift cards to the toys, he's going to bring him to your door.
Speaker 4: Okay, Page, Okay, I think I see him. We really appreciated.
Speaker 5: Kids are of course bummed, and I feel like this is going to make things turn around a little bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes I like to say, no hill goes up forever. So here's a plateau for you, maybe a little bit of a downhill for you. So enjoy as much as you can your Christmas and your holidays and all of the things that are coming with your Christmas wish.
Speaker 1: All right, Page, of.
Speaker 4: Course, thank you guys so much. We really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, And that is our first Christmas wish on.
Speaker 2: Katie WB text message regarding the first Christmas wish of the season.
Speaker 1: That family is so deserving.
Speaker 2: Those children really needed this and I'm sobbing on December first, thank you for always doing this, Dave Ryan Show and crew. I wish I could hug that sweet girl something fierce love that one. Thanks for all the text messages, more Christmas wishes every day right up until Christmas, at least one a day. We're going to take a break and when we come back, here's something we're hanging around for Disney on Eyes. Your kids will wet themselves when they discovered they're going to go to Disney on ice.
Speaker 7: You think that's what's gonna probably gonna happen, We'll be excited.
Speaker 2: Well maybe we'll do that coming up next on KDWB one on one point three KDWB. I just got a text message from a friend of mine who lives in Arizona and it's fifty degrees and they sent the burr blue face cold emoji.
Speaker 3: I hear it shot up. What is that like the coldest that gets in Arizona.
Speaker 2: And it can get very cold, and especially northern Arizona, but they're in like Fountain Hills.
Speaker 1: It's five here in the Twin Cities.
Speaker 6: Five. I don't want to hear it.
Speaker 3: When I left the house it was ten and then by the time I got here and dropped to five, or maybe my car got more used to the frigid, So I don't want to hear nothing. Don't excite it though, because this is my third winter in Minnesota. I pray that this is my first real Minnesota winter because the past two have been like mid It got.
Speaker 2: Cold real fast. Yeah, a week ago today it was fifty and we were all like, this is crazy, what a great winter this is going to be.
Speaker 1: No, we were wrong.
Speaker 7: There was a prediction, not like the farm Farmer's almanac, it was something else. I said that it was It's going to be a cold and snowy winter. Is what we were here around the country. Right, Yes, So I think that this is what we're getting, which I'm excited because I feel like last year Christmas didn't feel like Christmas because it was brown, it was warm, it just like we hadn't had barely any snow.
Speaker 6: So I'm pumped that we already have all the snow on the ground.
Speaker 2: They were making the snow like crazy. We drolled by buck Hill last night, probably right after dark, and they had all of their snowmaking equipment going. It was like a blizzard on the hill. It's kind of cool to look at all lit up and everything.
Speaker 7: So they opened on Saturday already. Yeah, I think they opened.
Speaker 2: I think they will open somewhere here. What it says, I'll look for it later. So kissing, why do we love to kiss? Science has not quite figured out why we loved kiss, but we do. But there's a new study that says the first didn't kiss, didn't happen between humans, and it may have actually taken place up to twenty one million years ago, long before we were even here. Researchers dug into the evolutionary history of kissing and found out it probably started among ancient primates. They looked at modern age like chimpanzees who kissed today, and trace that trait back through their family tree. I don't know how they did this, but they said kissing probably evolved in our primate ancestors and even showed up in Neanderthals. Not only that, but researchers also say they think that humans and Neanderthals may have kissed. Scientists are sure why kissing evolved, but they say it's not just a human thing. And plenty of other animals like to smooch too. Why do we like to kiss, Jenny? Why do we like to kiss?
Speaker 7: I think it's like a feeling of connection with someone. But then it also makes yelt tingly and press your body sometimes, you know.
Speaker 1: You know, when you think about it.
Speaker 2: It's a real weird thing because you're like touching very intimate body parts and swapping spit and it's a weird thing, but but it is. It's like there's something that we just love about it so much.
Speaker 3: You want to have a spit swaping partner everybody.
Speaker 6: I like, well to an extent.
Speaker 7: But Okay, I already know the answer for this for Dave, because it's Dave and he's been married for five million years. But Vaughn, do you kiss Alissa every time you see her? Like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, we like coming home from home.
Speaker 6: And she's sitting on the couch, you go and you kiss her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for the most part. Sometimes she'll be like, hey, you didn't kiss me before you left for work this morning. Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Dave, when's the last time you smooched with Susan?
Speaker 2: With Susan, he looked, Susan. Yeah, while it's been a while, yeah, what about anybody else? Well, that was yesterday at the bus station. What's his name, Brandon?
Speaker 3: It does sound kind of hot to the phone, I said, he's got muscles.
Speaker 2: Well, no, it's not that guy. But no, he said to me, buy me a cup of coffee, I'll give you a kiss. I'm like, okay, deal, Wait, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I am a cup of coffee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jenny, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Curious because I feel like every relationship is different.
Speaker 1: But oh it's totally different.
Speaker 7: Yes, I definitely know that, like at some point in a relationship, a lot of times you like stop kissing people, like after you've seen each other for like twenty years and you've seen each other at your worse. I don't think bomb Melissa will. They'll definitely always be smooching. I can already tell with you guys, but.
Speaker 3: Why because I'm very uh, insecure is not the word, but mushy.
Speaker 7: I would say, Yes, you're mushy, and you're romantic. I love my girl, yeah okay, And Dave is Dave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the you know what. You get married and after a while it's like do you want to kiss?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: God, go brush your teeth, all right, we'll be back. We're not going anywhere, but we're gonna do Dave's Dirt coming up in a few minutes. On Katie WB. A couple of things going on. First of all, a big celebrity had a brain scan for some reason. They had an MRI and the doctor said the brain is not fully functioning. Who and do you believe it? And why do they have a brain scan. We'll cover all this on Dave's Dirt next on Katie WB. So vont is twenty four years old, indeed and has the taste buds of a ten year old.
Speaker 1: Excuse me.
Speaker 2: If he could live on chocolate chip cookies and twizzlers, he probably would chicken nuggets. Yeah, yes, but then you have very very adult taste in sectional furniture. Now, for some reason, you have four dollars in your checking account, no savings account. Yet you want an expensive you want to go to Gabbards. Isn't you want to go Gabbards and get a four thousand dollars sectional?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just I want you to walk into my house and then it's just couch. There's no where to walk. It's literally like a like a a whole couch.
Speaker 1: Do you want one of the sectionals that curves. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I went to yes, an L shaped or what I've been, but I found is called a stationary sectional. Stationary means I don't want it to be like reclining. Oh you don't, No, I just want we're looking for a sectional for our apartment because if you remember earlier this year, our puppy Ava, God bless her, but she ate up part of our couch. That couch is still sitting in our apartment, but there's a blanket over the part because we're just like, we're gonna get rid of it soon, so we just covered it up. No reason to get it upholstered. That's one of our couches, and the other one it's we had another couch issue. I just don't have good luck with couches.
Speaker 6: Oh isn't that imagine set in your apartment?
Speaker 3: Nope, I think it's a different one from the time you came to visit. Oh okay, But all that to say, we're just over our couches and we want to get a new couch. And before I have the couches that I have now, since before I live with the before my girlfriend lived with me, so it was just me. I didn't really care. Now she's there, and our dog's there, and Alyssa's dad is coming to visit this weekend. So we want to just have, you know, functional and comfortable furniture.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I'm willing to invest some money in it, but we just cannot find a couch that we're in love with.
Speaker 7: I understand wanting comfortable and functional furniture, but von to, at twenty four years old, you do not need to be spending thousands on the sectional. You can go on Facebook marketplace and find something great for like probably four hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh no, yeah, And I'm not even a fan of the couches I have now, and I spend more than four dollars on those. Oh my gosh, mo to you.
Speaker 1: Jenny is misfrugal pants over here? Am she?
Speaker 2: Jenny is the kind of person that would drive by somebody's front yard looking for a free couch.
Speaker 6: That's that's what's in my front living room right now.
Speaker 1: Are you serious? A free couch?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I was sitting on the curb.
Speaker 3: Are you serious?
Speaker 6: I got it.
Speaker 7: From by myself, tossed it in my camera van and loaded it and everything and brought it into the house and then I washed everything deep clean the crap out of it.
Speaker 6: And that's what sits in my front living room.
Speaker 1: You're a thirty five year old adult.
Speaker 7: Do you know how expensive it is to furnish a house. I had to like refurnish some things in the last year, and so I didn't have the money to spend. So yes, free couch, free ninety nine.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 1: You can barely tell where the dog had puppies on it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that's what you can't.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm not a post to the people that do that. That's just not what I want to do, and that's not what I list to do.
Speaker 7: You can find quality, Okay, look at I went to marketplace. My internet was going slow, but I found something Slumberland couch. It looks almost brand new, three hundred dollars send me the link.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, see, but we went to a couple of different furniture stores, the Slumberland, the Bob's and the Ashley, and I know some of those are like discount furniture stores, so they're not you know whatever, But I just I've found something I was not happy with with each couch. I don't know how picky I am or if it's just you know, my back has a bunch of issues. I do have scoliosis.
Speaker 1: You know you don't. Are you making this up?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: I went to a cairo a couple of months ago and they said that I in my lower back. I have like signed to scoliosis.
Speaker 6: Really for you when you were a kid.
Speaker 3: No, but a couple of years ago, and this is a real story. I went to a Cairo and they told me that I this is a real story. I swear sprained my back and shifted my pelvis and I don't think I ever fully recovered from that. Now, don't look at me and ask me, well, how I shifted my pelvis. Just know that I shifted my pelvis.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you, and I hope I don't make anybody angry. I know that some chiropractors are super ethical and they will tell you the full God's truth. But I think that some chiropractors, like anybody who's a mechanic or a repair person or what ever, they might exaggerate to get you to come back.
Speaker 3: And I do feel like pain in my lower back often. I don't know if this particular cairo was doing that, but you'll find that. Yeah, everywhere a cairo or a mechanic or a doctor or like some type of specialist, a dentist. Like when I said that I had think my wisdom tee taken out, a lot of people swiped up in my story and were like, no, you don't know, you don't I was like, but the dentist said, I do.
Speaker 6: I would listen to the dentist.
Speaker 7: But also there's a lot of people texting invont with some suggestions for couches. Let me go, Look, you do have a Costco membership now because we've got that for you for your birthday, so you could go there. They do have some great sectionals there, or just look online because they might not have them in store right now, but look online.
Speaker 3: Other people are saying Ikea. You know, I've only been Ikea once. It was the first thing I ever did when I moved to Minnesota.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Akia has some great couches and sectionals. You could You really could get a new sectional from Ikia for way less, honestly than what you're probably saying.
Speaker 6: Interesting and they're comfy.
Speaker 3: Well, if you want to give me some Rex for a couch. Somebody said lazy boy has some gun I'm not looking for recliner, so if they have, you can't believe you don't want to recline.
Speaker 6: Dave has a sectional with like reclinings.
Speaker 2: My side reclines, her side reclines. We both face the TV. It's the best. Let me not rule it out. Let me if I could find a nice one, maybe somebody else. Textas said Vaughn, do not buy a new couch to fit your apartment now. If you don't plan on staying there for a long time, it may not fit where you move to New'll.
Speaker 3: Be it for a minute.
Speaker 2: That could be, But I can't believe you didn't buy another couch and let Ava chew up the new couch.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you this weekend we bought a rug spontaneously, and I was nervous because the last we got rid of the rug we had because Ava. It was like an area rug because Ava pooped and peede and threw up and all the and it was just too much to call zero res. I've thought about it, but I was like, no, she did hell to this this rug.
Speaker 1: See, so let me just bought.
Speaker 3: A new one this weekend. And me and a listen are like, Ava, don't chew do it.
Speaker 2: So when he says, vaant get leather is so much better with dog hair and so comfy.
Speaker 3: I have seen that it's better with leather or better than dog Here.
Speaker 6: Is she gonna scratch that up easily?
Speaker 3: Man, I don't know. It's so tough having like a dog in the house and then just try to find new furniture, new things. She remember she put up my dining room table when we first got her, like the bottom of it. The leg is messed up. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Man, here's a recommendation. Get the one with a USB port in it so you can charge your phone while you're laying on the couch to watch my Seriously, I will tell you this. They start They stopped working after a year or so. But the first Yeah, you buy a couch or a chair with a USB plug in it. After a while, it's like it's not working anymore. But something to think about, all right, good luck, vant it is one. At one point three KDWB, let's get into Dave's dirt now the news that has Hollywood talking Dave's dirt on KDWB and Kim Kardashian went in for an MRI. I'm not sure what brought it on. I don't have the details on that one, but the doctor took a look at her MRI and said that the frontal part of your brain is less active than it should be. Now, we don't know what that means, but she said that cat just can't be.
Speaker 1: It just can't. I'm not accepting it.
Speaker 2: So I'm not sure if it's a serious thing or whether it's just an another Kardashian publicity stunt.
Speaker 1: Really not sure.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm not sure that Katy Perry has been an illegal battle over her home. She bought it back in twenty twenty, and she had sought five million dollars in damages and lost income based on Santa Barbara's California rental rates for how big the house is. So she paid fifteen million for the home. It belonged to someone named Karl back in the day, and he tried getting out of the real estate contract with her, and his attorney argued unsuccessfully. The combination of age, frailty from recent back surgery and the.
Speaker 6: Opiate it opiates opiates, opiates, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Opiates he was taking several times a day rendered mister Westcott of unsound mind. So there was some weird stuff going on, but the court did rule that Katy Perry deserved two point eight million for lost rental value.
Speaker 6: However, the judge reduced.
Speaker 7: The award by one million under the belief that Katy Perry gained at least that much investing that the fifteen million during this lengthy.
Speaker 3: Rich people prone, all right, it must be nice. Are at An is calling out body shamers people that have been talking about her and Cynthia Rivo from what you're wearing, to your body, to your face, to your everything.
Speaker 7: There's a comfortability that people have.
Speaker 3: Commenting on that that I think is really dangerous, and I think it's dangerous for all parties.
Speaker 2: And I'll be honest, I'll admit it. I've looked at her and said she doesn't look healthy. And I think that if you don't admit that you've thought the same thing, you're not being honest with yourself. Yeah, because you look at like a younger, healthier looking ari on a grande and now she's got like the bulging kind of an eye thing and she just doesn't look healthy, just like you if your sister. You hadn't seen her in a couple of years. And she came over and she looked that different, you'd be like, are you okay? And I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I mean, I don't think we're saying she's a terrible person, what an awful I just think that she just doesn't look very healthy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's some skeptics, but then there's also people that I think we're a little bit of both honestly, that are just noting it and ayre like hmm, this is interesting. But then there are some people that are like, yo, if she don't look well at all.
Speaker 7: So I think the argument a lot of times though, is like commenting on somebody's weight, Like what if she does have an eating disorder and your triggering something within her because she does have any eating disorder by.
Speaker 2: Comment to her, you know what I mean. I don't go on her on her Instagram and go, you look like you need to eat a sandwich. I don't do that, but I will look at it and think, oh, she doesn't look her good.
Speaker 3: And also, at the end of the day, are in a grande is a celebrity. You are in the public light, so anything that you do is kind of open to be discussed.
Speaker 2: Real, Okay, So I'm watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, and there's a commercial on for Capitol One where John Travolta is playing Santa and he's got his sleigh and he's decking it out and he sings this song from Grease, Grease Lightning. Now listen because you might have noticed this one. There's a line in the actual song that's kind of naughty, but they leave it out. Let's see if you can find it.
Speaker 3: Ooh, honestly, could be prostomatic tinsmatic one point five percent cash back on it's Chris Lightning, Please the lights lad.
Speaker 1: Then you're burning up the quarto? Agree?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 1: And then you coast them through the last jobs.
Speaker 3: You Want Spring?
Speaker 2: Now, the next line says something naughty that is in the actual song from the from the movie, but they don't sing it in this commercial. So now you hear the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Is not in your Father, Man of the Cortis and do that he lamb job you want Spring?
Speaker 1: They left out that one little part, and.
Speaker 7: It's so I mean, now that I hear it, Yes, it's very obvious that they just skip right to the chorus part. But Madame, so I missed this because I totally didn't realize that the Packers were playing at noon on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 6: But Eminem joined.
Speaker 7: Jack White during the halftime show, which was like such a huge deal because Eminem never performs anymore. He only ever just like pops out of nowhere, like I think Ed Sheeron was in Detroit within the last year. And then Eminem joined them on stage. But Jack White did two songs before introducing Eminem and then concluded with the unofficial stadium anthem of seven Nation Army.
Speaker 6: And then guess what happened with that game? Oh, the Packers won? Whoa go Pack Go?
Speaker 3: And what the Vikings do?
Speaker 2: So the Vikings they they it was rough. They have not been shut out since two thousand and seven and oh fifteen, maybe something like that.
Speaker 6: That seems.
Speaker 2: So Jaj McCarthy's out, I think for a couple of weeks. So Max Brosmer, who was a former gofer, was filling his first NFL start, and this poor kid, I just felt so bad for him, he just he just I listened to a lot of it on the radio, and then when I got home, I watched it and it was just not good. Justin Jefferson had two receptions for a total of two yards.
Speaker 6: That's so yeah, that's sound good. I am seeing an article.
Speaker 7: My internet's going real slow today, but it does say that he might be clear JJ McCarthy might be cleared from his concussion as soon as today.
Speaker 2: Oh really, yeah, exact he might be to please on concussion protocol. Yep, exactly. Dua Lipa is hyping up Team USA for the twenty six tier twenty twenty six Winter Olympics.
Speaker 6: On such a cool place and when the Winter Olympics, you rid, it'll get even cooler.
Speaker 7: But these incredible women take the well stage.
Speaker 2: The Winter Olympics starts on NBC in February.
Speaker 1: I want to say, you know they're.
Speaker 3: Sending Alicia Lewis from Caro Livin there. Oh course, I think that's so good. Cool, that's so cool.
Speaker 2: I want to go to Milan. You know where Carson is right now? Whereas the Parson's in Madrid. My son Carson, he the tour manager for Thank You, David Kushner, and he has been in Zurich, Barcelona, He's in Madrid today. Luxembourg is like all these incredibly exotic cities and it's like, wow, does he ever.
Speaker 3: Bring you back souvenirs like a keychain, like got the the for you dead.
Speaker 2: He brought me something from Thailand. I think, like a little statue of a little pyramid from Mexico. But I really don't. You know, he didn't have a whole lot of money, so it's not like, you know, you don't need to buy me a souvenir.
Speaker 7: He's like kind of constantly on the go. So then what he goes to one country, then the next, to the next, and then he finally sees you a month later, like, oh.
Speaker 6: Here you go.
Speaker 2: Literally, they do the show and then as soon as the show's over, around midnight, they tear the stage down, load up the tour bus, get on the tour bus, drive all night, sleep on the bus, wake up the next morning, and they might have a few hours off. Then they got to go to the venue at noon, and then they get to set up and do the whole thing over again. Once in a while, he gets a day off, yeah, and he goes out and like he was in a church and somewhere in Madrid or Barcelona the other day and it was like that's wow, that's really cool.
Speaker 7: Can I make a complaint, because yes, I'm bringing up Morocco. I get to once a day.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I was there like a week ago, and I bought some souvenirs and I bought a bunch of gifts as well. But I got this one mug and I made mold wine on Friday night.
Speaker 1: Mold mold wine, not mold mold wine.
Speaker 7: And so it's a warmer drink. So you put it in a mug, and I'm drinking out of the mug. I hear like like this cracking sound, and I look and I'm pretty sure the mug was like cracking because of the heat of so immediately we threw the leftover mould wine into a different mug. But I'm so salty because I got two mugs, imagine like set.
Speaker 6: And now I'm like, should I give those those presents?
Speaker 7: Like should I like keep some of the other stuff I got for people and give them the mugs that don't actually work as mugs, you know, like here it's just for display, you.
Speaker 1: Know, don't put anything hot, don't use it. My crack up, Hi, I love it all right.
Speaker 2: That's what dirt brought to you by six point two Injured Himer and Lammer's Injury Law. We'll be back if you miss Christmas. Wish we'll get a chance to hear that again, and that's coming up next on KDWB. Nt us for anything, then send us a text at KDWB one