Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers discip continue it's not fair are making plans again.
Speaker 5: It's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 4: Hi, everybody, and welcome to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, Happy fourth of July, America as your Los Angeles Dodgers. Fifty eight and thirty one on this season, first place atought the NL West.
Speaker 6: They have a.
Speaker 4: Fourteen game lead in the division. After yet another comfort behind win last night against the Padres. Tonight's on America's Birthday, the Dodgers hope for some more offensive fireworks. Yoshinobu Ya on the mound, first pitch from Uniclo Field. The Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morago Casino Dodgers on Deck, including hearing from Dodger reliever Evan Phillips, who is with the team, isn't expected to be on the roster on off the il tomorrow. That is great news for the Dodger bullpen. We'll hear from him coming up in forty five minutes. We'll check in with the Dodger manager. Coming up in twenty minutes. We'll get a preview of this pitching matchup. David Vastia course joins us throughout the hour. We got your Dodgers magical moment. We'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA, and we've got your Otani rewind All coming up, including a check in with Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday in the Galloping fod broadcast with Well.
Speaker 6: Last night, the Dodgers were down.
Speaker 4: Early and what was a pitcher's duel, only to win it on a one swing of a bat from ta Oscar Hernandez show, Hey Otan he got to start. The right hander had some command issues early that led to Gavin Sheets's RBI single in the first and just like that the Padres had a one nothing lead. Then the Padres added to that lead in the fourth thanks to Jackson Merrill.
Speaker 2: Meryl flies the ball straightaway center field. Pajz is at the wall and it's gone.
Speaker 1: Jackson.
Speaker 2: Merrill goes deep for a second straight game, a solo home run here with two outs in the fourth inning to double the Padre lead.
Speaker 4: Two out solo home run to the center field for Merril off otanium. The Padres were up two to nothing. Meanwhile, Michael King was dealing and having his way with the Dodger hitters. He retired the first eleven batters that he faced. The first hit that he allowed was a single to Freddie Freeman with two outs in the bottom half of the fourth inning. In the sixth, Padres added to their lead Exander Bogart's a two out RBIs single, San Diego up three to nothing. The Dodgers offense could not figure out Michael King until the seventh Mookie Bett's lead off walk Max Munty a single to right that would be it for King. In came Adrian merrohone. He got Kyle Tucker to ground out. However, Jay Croninworth mishandled the ground ball. Everybody was safe, bases loaded, nobody out. Dodgers down three to nothing for taoscar Hernandez.
Speaker 2: Three nothing Padres in the bottom of the seventh but the Dodgers have him loaded and nobody out. Tao against the left team won to hone.
Speaker 1: First pitch, here's Hammard.
Speaker 7: This his way back and it is good.
Speaker 8: Grand slam Tioscar Hernandez Tayo on time in the Dodgers lead four to three.
Speaker 6: Why wait?
Speaker 4: First pitch for meda hon Grand slam for Teoscar. That is the top tier play of the game, brought to by our Arco quality, top tier gas for less. Dodgers flipped the scoreboard. They take a four to three lead. The Dodger's bullpen took the leader, ran with it, and Gardo Nriguez, Kyle Hurt, Tanners Scott combined for three score listenings to close it out. Well Scott picked up the save, Kyle Hurt got the win. Adrian Marroholme took the loss after giving up that grand slam. Dodgers went in four to three. They're twenty seventh come from behind whim this season. They improved a fifty eight and thirty one on this season. Their lead now in the division has ballooned to fourteen games.
Speaker 6: Ahead of the Padres.
Speaker 4: Tonight, they look to celebrate their independence atop the division as they look to hand the Padres their eighth straight loss.
Speaker 6: On this fourth of July.
Speaker 4: Happy Birthday America, Number two fifty Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound, first pitch at seven ten and with more we head over to the gaping Ford broadcast booth as we say hello to Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday. Guys, all right, tim, Happy fourth of July. The Dodgers certainly have reasons to be happy.
Speaker 9: Twenty seven games over five hundred, ninetieth game of the season. They're fourteen in front of San Diego and Arizona, and then there are whoa begotten Padres. They're under five hundred for the first time since April the eighth. They've lost seven in a row. And last night when Jade Cronerworth made that error in the bottom of the seventh, you knew something bad was going to happen to them and something good for the Dodgers. And to ask for Hernandez was the Grand Slam home run hitting hero.
Speaker 10: And Charlie, what we see is this Dodger buclub. They're twenty seventh, come from behind victory and they did it in find fashion. And you start to just flip back a couple of months ago, on the twelfth of May, it was the sandingg of Andres who led the Western Division of nash League exactly one half game in front of the Dodgers in that West.
Speaker 11: But that was then. This is now.
Speaker 10: If the Dodgers fifty eight and thirty one, they continue to roll along, they are twenty eight and fourteen.
Speaker 11: As you mentioned.
Speaker 10: For San Diego, they now dropped below the five hundred mark of the season, and they're trying to avoid their eighth consecutive loss.
Speaker 9: Since the eighteenth of May. As you pointed out, the half a game behind. Since then, they went twenty nine and twelve coming into the game today on the fourth at July, weill San Diego's got the worst record in baseball since then fourteen and twenty six. You know, there are no other teams in the National League West over five hundreds except for the Dodgers. Yeah, the Dodgers have done it in all facets really of the game. If you look at last night alone show Hey Otani and more coming up on Otani as we find out he's not in the lineup tonight, and he did feel something in a swing in the right biceps last night in his final event. Then he was pinched it for by Miguel Rojas. But for Otani, he went five innings. He really labored.
Speaker 10: It was one hundred and ten pitches and that's really unlike show.
Speaker 11: Hey.
Speaker 10: Otani says, it did not really affect his pitching, but that's something the Dodgers are going to be watching very closely in how they handle it right bicep.
Speaker 11: He's also got the knee issue.
Speaker 7: That's what happens.
Speaker 11: You work pretty near every day every day.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and the skill level is off the charts. I mean, I have a hard time even trying to wrap my head around. The fact is it's hinting is difficult enough, and it takes a lot of effort, and it takes a lot of stamina to be able to work and work and work, And then there's the pitching aspect of it as well. The workload is very high. He's unique, there's no question about it. But now they're gonna have to decision what they're going to do. O'tani says he's available to play tonight, but the day is saying oh no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 11: Need to We'll just kind of take it easy.
Speaker 9: Right now, and congratulations in order for Dodger starters at the All Star Game Otani, Bredy Freeman, Max Munsey and Andy Pa. Pa has of course his first time in the All Star Game and what a season he has had to this point.
Speaker 7: We'll talk about that a lot over the course of the afternoon.
Speaker 4: Back to you, Tim, all right, thank you, Charlie's We tell you Dad the first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game to a me a lot at Shakey's Pizza Parlor or your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's at Shaky's dot Com. We're off and running on this fourth of July edition of Casino Dodgers on Deck live from Unico Field at Dodger Stadium. Coming up, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We will check in with David Vasia. Course throughout the hour. We got your magical moment. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But up next you're Otani, you Ree Ryan An, We'll check out with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA. That's all coming up as we lead you up to first pitch. Dodgers and the Padres happy fourth of July.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 4: This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and Padres on this fourth of July. Yoshinobu Yamamoto goes for the Dodgers wandhy Peralta will be the opener for San Diego.
Speaker 6: First pitch coming up at seventen.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewinde.
Speaker 10: I didn't get the third out and just hold it to one run. The Vinders don't have to feel good about it.
Speaker 11: He's one more strike.
Speaker 2: Here's his two swing and a miss, strike three, another fastball, bullying Jackson Merrill. Three strikeouts for show Hey, but one run for San Diego. They'll try another three to two swing and a miss strike three. Back to back cays in a one two three second. Old Tani with five strikeouts his first time through the order. I win two on Tatis swing in a miss got him with a fastball above his own with Old Tani, that's his eighth strikeout.
Speaker 6: Show Hey, Otani.
Speaker 4: Last night on the mound, six Indians gave a three run, seven hits, struck out nine at the plate. He was zero for three as the dh before coming out of the game with bicep soreness. More and that coming up as the Dodgers come back and beat the Padres last night again four to three.
Speaker 3: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson, Hey.
Speaker 6: Karson now joins us here.
Speaker 4: Dodgers Stadium presented by Cars for Kids.
Speaker 6: Pick up that car.
Speaker 4: And donate it right now donated Cars for Kids dot org. That's Cars with a K. It's the Fourth of July celebration. Lots of fireworks the first two games of this series, and certainly a lot of excited Dodgers head into Philadelphia next week.
Speaker 12: Can you believe?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 14: The All Star Game is now around the corner, and we officially know who the All Stars are going to be. So I think the most exciting and the one that everyone really has been rooting for, Andy pa has is going to be in his first All Star Game. He has had an excellent season in center field. The defensive work that he's not only continued to elevate his game, but then we've been seeing just the consistency he's been having at the plate. The numbers are out of this world and he's now stepped into batting second in the order, and so he feels really good heading into this game. And then you've got Max Munsey. The big thing with him is getting him to be named as a starter. So it's really exciting for him. It's been the He's the first Dodger a third baseman since what Ron say. So we're gonna see so many Dodgers in the All Star Games. So it's going to be a very exciting time. And we know that yes for Showhy not in the lineup tonight, but just the fact that he's going to be out there in Philly. No decision on if he's going to be pitching, but at least hopefully as a dh.
Speaker 12: Which would be really special for the fans to experience.
Speaker 4: Dodg has made a roster move a couple of hours ago, an interesting one, and that involves a catcher position.
Speaker 12: Yes it does.
Speaker 14: So Eliezer Alfonso Junior has been activated. And you know, Dave Roberts was sharing today that the decision came down to a few things. You know, with Will Smith, he's still taking a little bit more time and longer than they honestly expected with him being on the il with that neck inflammation. As much as he has resumed to base activity, he's been playing catch.
Speaker 12: He took some swings in the cage the other day, so he is feeling better, but.
Speaker 14: He's not in a position in which he is either game ready, ready to go out on a rehab assignment, and ready to really push his body.
Speaker 12: So as much as he's.
Speaker 14: Still kind of in this holding period, the good news is that he is starting to progress in the right direction. But it's been made very clear that he's not going to be.
Speaker 12: Available before the All Star break.
Speaker 14: He's going to need to rehab assignment, so it's going to take time for him to get back.
Speaker 12: So it does create opportunity.
Speaker 14: For Elie Sir to have some big league time. He'll be making his major league debut, he'll be in the lineup tomorrow, an opportunity just to kind of get some reps up here in a little bit.
Speaker 12: Of a runway.
Speaker 14: So it'll still be Dalton as the leading catcher while Will is down, but it creates opportunity for Elliott Aser to get this experience as well.
Speaker 4: All right, most important question, what's your favorite thing about fourth of July.
Speaker 6: Is it the fireworks?
Speaker 4: Is it the barbecue, the food, the hot dogs and hamburgers to celebrate America?
Speaker 6: What is it that you like most about the Force?
Speaker 12: Honestly, it's one of my favorite days. I love all the things. I love to wear the red, white, and blue.
Speaker 14: We love a theme, we love an activity, we love fireworks. Those are my favor work. I love fireworks, the best fireworks. And you know what, I'm a little jealous. I only can see like the second half of the show. Besides through the interviews underneath. I have requested a live feed though into the clubhouse. We can just put him on the screens in the clubhouse, so then we can at least experience them as well.
Speaker 12: And I love a hot dog on the fourth of July, love it, So that's my favorite. I'm a hamburger and a good drink. I love all the things.
Speaker 4: Fourth of July is a great haul and it's a great day and roll for the Dodgers has some celebration after a game tonight. They can get all enjoy the fireworks together, all right, Kierson, We appreciate it till they come here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. David Vesse goes one on one with Evan Phillips.
Speaker 6: Will dive deeper this pinching matchup.
Speaker 4: But up next, we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, as we lead you up to Dodgers and Padres on this fourth of July.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kaanson.
Speaker 4: This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on dech.
Speaker 1: On your home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 4: Long, Morogo Casino Dodgers on deck and use live from Unico Field at Dodgers Stadium. As we lead up to first pitch on this fourth of July, Dodgers and the Padres, Morogo Casino Resort and Spa. It's a grand slam of good times. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 4: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Good news.
Speaker 4: Evan Phillips will be activated tomorrow, coming off the injured list, coming off with Tommy John surgery. He'll go one on one with David Vesse coming up in about twenty five minutes. So that is great to hear Will Smith on the IL with the next inflammation, Blake Trinin on the IL with the right elbow information showy Otani not in the lineup tonight, Dodger fancy he's got the bicep tightness.
Speaker 6: More on that in a minute.
Speaker 4: In fact, let's go downstairs and get the pregame thoughts of the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 1: Anything else with Daun.
Speaker 5: Questions for Dave?
Speaker 11: Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 15: The dugouts with Dave Roberts got treatment last night. Today feels considerably better. So obviously he's not in there to start, and we'll just kind of see how the day goes as far as availability tonight.
Speaker 12: You hopefully to be back in.
Speaker 1: The lineup tomorrow or do.
Speaker 11: You want to get to the best I think I'm hopeful.
Speaker 15: I'm hopeful just if things turn the way they we would expect that he'll be there tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We saw that Elixer, I was like an say, made what was I mean for? He?
Speaker 15: Just so Will is like we said yesterday he threw hit. Feeling a little bit better, but you know, just given how long it's been how long it's going to be. I can't see him being backed by the break, So it just gives Eliza a little bit of runway and for us to put eyes on. And he's had a good start so far, so we're excited to give him up here.
Speaker 11: What went into that decision was walked.
Speaker 15: It was just more of we didn't know initially how long Will was going to be down, and so kind of the easy fixed with Chucky, and then I think as it became a little bit more extended, we just wanted to take this opportunity to put eyes on life.
Speaker 4: All Right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts on the catching situation. When we continue here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we check in with David Vasse as we lead you up to Dodgers and Padres on this fourth of July.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 4: This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and Padres on this fourth of July. Dodgers already the winners two straight nights and come back fashion over San Diego as their leading the division's balloon to fourteen games over the Padres. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mountain Tonight, first pitch coming up at seven ten. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Al Poto, born in la and made for your game day. L Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to your plate, El Pozto Gourmet and a.
Speaker 3: Can joining Tim kaits On Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 7: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse, all.
Speaker 6: Right, Davie very exciting.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers get four starters in the All Star Game, five total, with Yamamoto going in as well. Feels like Justin Robleski deserves to be going to Philadelphia, right.
Speaker 5: He should, But Yamamoto is not going to be able to pitch because of the way the Dodger rotation lines up, So that may be an opening for Robleski to be added. And obviously I don't know other teams rotation plans, but there's opportunities for him to be a late ad.
Speaker 7: But then you're.
Speaker 5: Talking about six Dodgers on the All Star team, and I don't know how well that would go over.
Speaker 4: Well, one guy who I know is very excited about going to his first All Star Game into alert deservedly so is Andy pa Has.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I just talked to Andy pa Has.
Speaker 5: He held a press conference, and he was disappointed last year that he wasn't selected to the All Star Team. But he's really excited this time, and even more so to be reunited with one of his Cuban brothers in baseball, and that's Miguel Vargas, who was selected as a reserve to the American League All Star Team. Those two played together as kids in Cuba, they played together in the Dodgers' minor league system, and they're both going to be in their first Midsummer Classic together, Andy on the National League side, Miguel Vargas on the American League side. So he's really excited about sharing the experience with Vargas as well.
Speaker 6: David is brought to you by Ford.
Speaker 4: FORDA celebrated the fourth of July with employee pricing for everyone. That's American value for American values. Don't wait, hurry into your Southern California at Ford dealer today or visit by Ford now dot com or drive home your best deal. David, You look at this Dodgers team and they made a move earlier today at the catching spot. Is this a hint at maybe Will Smith's next issue could be longer unexpected?
Speaker 5: It could, but it just means that the Dodgers wanted a little bit more of an upside in the backup catcher department. They saw what they had and Chuckie Robinson Alisia Alfonso, twenty six years old, can really hit. Chuckie Robinson was not known for his bat and I had a chance to catch up with the man that is trying to make his major league debut sooner rather than later.
Speaker 7: After today's call up.
Speaker 16: I went and grabbed my phone and called my family down there in Minnesota to let them know what's going on, because they were being expected for this like a long time ago, especially like all the difficult that we've been going through, especially with my family and my sister, my little sister, after the earthquake stuff and all that. I got to my dad, I let him know that it was coming here, and he was really, really, really special.
Speaker 5: Alizia, what is the status of your family? I know you're still looking for your stepmom.
Speaker 11: And your sister.
Speaker 7: What's the situation there?
Speaker 16: Still the same like stand by, you know, like we haven't found them yet. My dad found my sister mascot yesterday. She was alive, so that's a good good thing. So we were still expecting that to found them soon and hopefully they're they're alive because my sister, like three weeks ago, she she told me like, brother, I have a beautiful dream with you. I'm not gonna tell you what was it because I want, I want, I want that d dream to come through and then I will let you know what what what is he? And now she's over there, I don't know. Hopefully I can, I can look at her again. I'm pretty sure that dream was something about this, about what's going on with me right now in my career, and I want her back that way, she gonna watching the playing in the big leagues because I'm pretty sure they dreamed that she was going to tell me about was something like this about this.
Speaker 5: So our prayers and thoughts are with Alisia Alfonso and his dad, Alisia Alfonso Senior, that they find his wife and their daughter and Alisia's sister in the rubbles with the earthquake in Venezuela. Good news on that front, Tim, Just to leave it on a high note, Miguel Vargas. Miguel Rojas told me earlier today that his wife and kids were able to fly out of Venezuela and they made it to Miami safely earlier today. So that's good news for the Rojas family. But are their prayers and thoughts are with Alsia Alfonso and everyone that has been affected by those devastating earthquakes in Venezuela.
Speaker 4: Certainly an emotional couple of days and long looking ahead here could be very emotional for that family.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much, David.
Speaker 4: We will continue here on Rogo Casino, Dodgers on deck, and when we do, we'll get you your Dodgers magical moment.
Speaker 6: Don't forget.
Speaker 4: Dave's going to go one on one coming up with Evan Phillips, who's making his return from Tommy John surgery. Expected to come off the il tomorrow. So that's coming up at about fifteen minutes as he leads up to Dodgers and Padres on this fourth of July. I'm Tim Katson's the back to back World Series Champion. Dodgers Audio nowhere.
Speaker 3: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and Padres on this fourth of July. Yo Juinobu Yamamoto on the mound, first pitch coming up at seven ten. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Disney and the all new action movie Mowanna. This summer, Mowanna and the legendary Maui along with Poa and Hey Hey, they set sail on the adventure of a lifetime. See it on the biggest screen possible. Disney's live action Mowanna only in theaters July.
Speaker 5: Tend all, who wants.
Speaker 3: To hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment.
Speaker 6: It's magical.
Speaker 1: By Hawfy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 4: Well, as we get closer to the All Star Game, which is in Philadelphia, of all places, about a week and a half away. Today, the Dodgers had five different players announced they'll be going to the Midsummer Classic, four starters, including Joshinobu Yamamoto as the fifth. We'll see if more Dodger players get added to Dave Roberts National League roster.
Speaker 6: We go back to nineteen ninety six, the.
Speaker 4: All Star Game was being held in Philadelphia as well, and mister Philadelphia Mike Piazza had a homecoming.
Speaker 1: Goodbye, absolutely crushed.
Speaker 4: Well, Ted, if you're watching, whatever you told twelve year old Mike Piazza, he listened very carefully.
Speaker 12: Mike, he told this, But for the game, the dreams come true.
Speaker 4: But could you ever have dreamed of this type of scenario winning the MVP here in phillip I really can.
Speaker 17: I mean, I'm just I'm trying to keep keep myself calm down, but I'm very very happy and just very excited. It's tremendous honor growing up in this ballpark, and you know, just to be just to participate here is one thing, and then to do.
Speaker 7: Pretty well is another is another thing.
Speaker 4: Mike Piazza returns home to the Philadelphia Airy area where he was born and raised, and he goes two for three with the home run and RBI double. He was the MVP of the nineteen ninety six All Star Game in Philadelphia. You heard Bob Costas with the call Hannah Storm talking to Mike Piazza afterwards. This Hafey magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, Haffy Low so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Haffey hot.
Speaker 6: Dogs, Local and so great.
Speaker 4: When we continue here on Morongo Causeino Dodger's on deck, we'll check in again with Rick Monday and David Vese coming up.
Speaker 6: In ten minutes. You're gonna hear from Dodger reliever Evan Phillips.
Speaker 4: So lead you up to Dodgers and Padres on this fourth of July.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Katz's the.
Speaker 4: Back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: On your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Padres on the fourth of July, Game three of this four game series. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the Moundwandhi Peralta will be the opener for San Diego. It's time for the Verizon startup as we are thirty four minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your So Cal Verizon store today.
Speaker 3: And now joined by David Basseying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Well, it means a little something extra.
Speaker 5: Fourth of July, the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of our country, and of course Rick Monday celebrate his fiftieth anniversary of saving the American flag here at Dodger Stadium fourth.
Speaker 7: Of July, I have a little more meeting this.
Speaker 10: Year, Rick, Well, I think it does hopefully for all of us as we move forward. This has been a festive night already at Dodgers heading six different bands that performed.
Speaker 11: Out in centerfield.
Speaker 10: We have the gigantic flag presented for the anthem from all the branches of our military.
Speaker 11: And this is kind of a festive vay.
Speaker 10: This is more than just barbecues and getting together with the family. This resonates, I think, across the country for two hundred and fifty years what a country has been.
Speaker 7: You're going back to Cooperstown.
Speaker 10: Going back to the second trip the flag was put on display last week or last month, and going back awards ceremony just during the induction weekend, and we will get back to and do some areas. But it has been just a great time and Hall of fame for those again it had never been to Cooperstown and Hall of Fame. I would suggest if you follow baseball at home, it is a trip that has to be on the bucket list of oh for Josh Robins now the president of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and his entire group there, they do a wonderful job and the history of baseball when you go through there.
Speaker 11: Again, I've said this, I'm gonna say it again.
Speaker 10: If there are negotiating issues with the basic agreement this coming up, they should have to go to the Hall of Fame and sit them in the rotunda with the table there and say, okay, guys working out, knock on the door when you've got it work out, let us know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I should solve all the issues that they have and bridge all the gaps.
Speaker 7: Rick, that's a great idea.
Speaker 11: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: Hey, how about Max Mounsey becoming an All Star starter at third base for the first time in his career and the first time the Dodgers have had one at the hot corner since your teammate Ronsei.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the Penguin, and that goes back to nineteen seventy seven. We have been talking about Max Munsey for the entire season. It's a different look physically that he has. He has dropped some weight and I think that allows him a to have better range. I think he's quicker quite frankly at third base. What he does from an offensive standpoint as well puts a thought in the dugout, no question about that. So congratulations to Max BUONSI really happy also for Andy Pajes. If you look at Patjes from last year to this year, he's made strides, leads and bounds in I think being more selective as a hitter. There's no question of what he's done from a defensive standpoint, including well, the game's saving cats that he made in Game seven of the World Series last year. A lot of players in that particular ball game. But really happy for young players the name players ask no question about it. And to all the All Stars, congratulations A big, big deal.
Speaker 7: It sure is.
Speaker 5: And nobody says ambassador and a great All Star than Freddie Freeman, who's going back again.
Speaker 7: He's been there before.
Speaker 10: And that's his goal. He wants to be there, and I think from a player's standpoint, you always want to be there.
Speaker 11: Let me pick your brain here for a second.
Speaker 10: We talked about the EBS system you know, the umpires in their challenge and the picture of the hitter or the catcher can challenge and they go to review. By my numbers, the Dodgers are fourth best in the percentages, but that's still only about fifty eight. Sixty percent is the top. Pittsburgh Fires have only done forty percent in being accurate, So why did the Pirates even say, hey, well, we want to challenge it.
Speaker 11: But umpires. For example, last.
Speaker 10: Night working the plate was the crew chief Trip Gibson. Do we rated ninety six percent accuracy. So if you talk about the umpires, you got ninety six up here and mid the upper nineties for all the umpires. The lowest I've seen all year long was eighty nine percent and that was just a bad night, and we all have bad nights. But it kind of lopsides from one side to the other. You know, I think it shows just how good the umpire is.
Speaker 5: And not to mention when an umpire doesn't this sometimes it's by a centimeter a millimeter exactly that they get dinged against.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but you know it comes down to, is if the the best team as far as percentage and challenging. The Cincinnati rend sixty two point two percent, then Arizona, which kind of surprised me a little bit sixty one and a half, then to Detroit Tigers at fifty nine point six, and then followed by the Dodgers at almost fifty nine percent themselves. So there is a method to the madness that we're seeing it more and more. You talk to the players, you talk to the coaches, but there is a mindset and not really a plan written in you know, inc. But they do have an idea of what they want to do.
Speaker 5: They want to keep it in high leverage situations and they if they can leave as many challenges for their catchers laid in the game, that's a difference making part of the game. So that's their plan. You have a plan. The Dodgers have a plan. And happy fourth of July.
Speaker 10: Rick, I thank you agin saying to everyone else and please have a happy one and hopefully a very safe one.
Speaker 7: Rockets regulaire tonight from the Dodger offense.
Speaker 11: Right, Rick, absolutely let them fly.
Speaker 7: Let's send it back to you.
Speaker 4: Tim all Right Bank DV Dodgers Baseball present of by Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit uniclod dot com. Slash you still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. Before first pitch, we'll get you a preview of this pitching match up. Charlie and Rick love the keys to the game, but I'm next to go high and tight with Evan Phillips, who's getting ready to come off the injured list for the first time this year. As we lead you up to Dodgers and Padres on this fourth of July, I'm Tim Keats is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 9: As we were.
Speaker 3: Saying, this is Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Lead you up to Dodgers and Padres on this fourth of July. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound. First pitch coming up at seven ten. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 3: David, now, what will likely be vass A fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 6: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: Happy fourth of July, we are with America's super reliever, actually the Dodgers super reliever, Evan Phillips, who has emerged from Oklahoma City forty days, forty nights on a rehab appearance on the verge of returning from Tommy John Rehab. Evan, Happy forth, and thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 13: Yeah, happy forth. What a great day to be back.
Speaker 11: Yeah right.
Speaker 5: You get the flashy new hats, flashy jerseys, and you get the music behind us.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's hopefully going to be an exciting night.
Speaker 18: I get to see my family tonight for essentially the first time in a month.
Speaker 13: So yeah, I'm really excited to be back.
Speaker 5: I'm sure your youngest is doing a lot more things than they were doing before you left.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 18: I was telling my wife, Millie's got to slow down with the whole like growing up things.
Speaker 13: She's getting way too big, too fast. It's crazy.
Speaker 5: What was it like being away that long in Oklahoma City trying to get fine tuned for your return?
Speaker 18: Yeah, you know, I'm physically speaking, being being in Oklahoma City. I tried my best just to really immerse myself with the team and lean into those teammates down there that I have and you know, be a soundboard for guys answer questions as needed.
Speaker 13: You have to want to ask questions. I tried to.
Speaker 18: Open myself up to that, and then, you know, on my side of things that rehab wise, just trying to stack good days, you know, just one thing after another.
Speaker 13: Once I started getting into games, my mindset was.
Speaker 18: Just you know, initially really focused on recovery and keeping my arm in good shape.
Speaker 13: And then about the halfway point really.
Speaker 18: Started to flip the script into you know, starting to dominate outings and execution and uh scouting hitters to a certain extent, getting ready for what I'm gonna.
Speaker 5: Have to do here.
Speaker 7: How close are you to returning?
Speaker 5: Dave Roberts had talked about this homestand but you being here is a great sign things went well.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 18: I did pitch last night in Oklahoma City, so I don't believe I'm back to it tonight for this game.
Speaker 13: But I'll be ready when whatever they need me.
Speaker 18: I think they might have a plan in place, but whenever they tell me, i'm you can clean up and get back in the pen, I'll be ready to go.
Speaker 7: It's been a long road, Evan.
Speaker 5: At this point, what feelings do you have so close to being activated and being back in that bullpen.
Speaker 18: It's a lot, I think rehab is it's very time consuming. My brain has been so focused on this process for so long. I sure hope when I do get back on the mound for the first time, I'll I'll be able to really take it in and I appreciate what this last year has meant, hopefully for the rest of my career. Right, So it's going to be probably a little bit emotional for about five seconds, so give myself and then be right back to work.
Speaker 5: What was the process like for you? What was the journey like for you to get back here?
Speaker 18: Well, you know, I kept on telling myself that it was pretty chopped up, right. So I had surgery in June fourth of last year, and for the first couple of months I wasn't really able to do a whole lot, you know, just kind of in your slaying in the brace, you don't get to do much activity as it is. So as soon as I got out of the brace, the postseason was coming around, so I was starting to physically do more, the team was doing more, and.
Speaker 13: I got a pretty good.
Speaker 18: Distraction to have right chasing another world series ring, So that was a good distraction, and then rolled right into the offseason when I started playing catch and dealing with free agency was interesting for sure. But I just feel like there's been chunks of rehab that have made it go by a little bit faster.
Speaker 13: We welcomed our daughter in March.
Speaker 18: My son turned three in April, so there's just been big events early across every every month or two that I've helped keep this thing going at a decent pace.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a lot of life events to go along with the baseball light.
Speaker 13: Yeah, without a doubt. You're like my wife and I we I think we.
Speaker 18: Try to do a good job of really leaning into the life aspect of being a baseball player, not just the baseball side of it, and having that healthy dynamic at home.
Speaker 13: I think it really helps us a lot.
Speaker 5: I can't tell when you go through that whole year timeline. When I saw you the first day your sling, the mood was obviously not as great as it is right now.
Speaker 7: Did your mood start to get better.
Speaker 5: As you got closer to throwing and getting closer to this Yeah, yea, I think.
Speaker 18: It kind of went in waves, right, So I kind of felt helpless in a sling.
Speaker 13: You know, that's when you really feel like you can't do much.
Speaker 18: And then once the activity really started to ramp up, my throwing started to ramp up. I think the hardest part was around spring training when I was really starting to look the part again. But I just had so much tolerance to rebuild, you know, So that was probably the hardest. Was You're watching games on TV feeling you're feeling really good, but not quite to the point where I can come contribute, so, you know, chipped away at the those know mile markers, and you know here we are.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: I feel like I speak for your teammates, I speak for the fans. When I saw Evan Phillips, when I first saw you in the clubhouse at Dodger Stadium today, I was really happy to see you because not only the picture, but what you stand for as a person, as a dad, as a father, as a friend. And certainly we're happy to have you back and looking forward to you officially being activated.
Speaker 7: So thank you for the time.
Speaker 13: Yes, sure, anytime, Dave, thank you.
Speaker 7: There he is the man.
Speaker 5: Evan Phillips has been our guest, and you're gonna see him on the mound at some point in this homestand he'll receive a gift card to the Capitol Grill in Burbank. He's back an upscale, relaxed spot with the great bar, great steaks, and the super reliever in the house. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 6: Tim, all right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 4: DVI excited to have Evan Phillips coming back real soon here to join this Dodgers' bullpen. As we lead you out to first pitch, Dodgers and the Padres are getting ready for a big national anthem here at the ravine with all the branches of the military getting ready to undo a large flag in the outfield here at Uniclow Field, the Dodgers Stadium. As we are getting closer to first pitch, well we come back. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. This is Moroco Casino Dodgers on deck on the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunts the game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and Padres on this fourth of July. First pitch from Uniclofio the Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 3: And now before the Dodgers hit the Dina, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: Brought to you by your Toyota Dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 4: The Padres goal with an opener at Wandi Peralta, thirty four year old left hander out of the Dominican Republic one and one with a two thirty eight er ray. It'll be his fourth time this year that Peralta has served as the opener. He'll be followed by Griffin Cannon, who will come in. The thirty year old right hander out of Orange County pitch at UCLA for is up eight season out in his Big League He's one and five with his seven h nine r ray.
Speaker 6: Yoshinobu Yamamoto the.
Speaker 4: All Star Yes name to the National League All Star Team, one of five Dodgers. They've got four starters that are gonna be in that lineup. That is unbelievable. The third time that has happened in La Dodgers franchise history, the first time since nineteen eighty By the way, Yamamoto, twenty seven years old, third season with the Dodgers, making his sixteenth start last time out, six innings, two runs, five hits, four strikeouts in a win over the Padres last weekend. In four starts of the month of June, he was three and one with a two twenty two er ray. Yamamoto against the Padres a career record of two and three four sixty eer ray. This is his third time facing them this year, thirteen innings already underneath his belt, three runs, twelve strikeouts and a win and a loss. Both those games, by the way, at Petco Park tonight, and getting the start here at a sold out Unico Field at Dodgers Stadium. As we lead out the first pitch, we are fifteen minutes away. Dodgers and Padres. Keys to the game are next. I'm Tim Katis is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Dead on your Home for the Blue all season long long.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and Padres on this fourth of July. Yoshinobu Yamamoto Wandy Peralta is the opener for San Diego. First Bitch coming up at seven to ten. As we get you ready for the start of the game, with the poral starts.
Speaker 6: Great moment, Start with Saporo beer.
Speaker 4: Whatever your taste reference Soporo has you cover with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beer. Soaporo, good with sushi, Great with Baseball. Back over the booth one final time before first pitch, Charlie steiner Rick Monday, guys, all.
Speaker 9: Right, tim, The Dodgers and Padres get ready for the third game of the four game series. After the Dodgers come from behind dramatic win bottom of the seventh last night, Deo Hernandez the Grand Slam four to three over the Padres. Padres have now lost seven straight the Dodgers of fifty eight and thirty one fourteen. In front of the Pods and Diamondbacks, Yoshinobu Yamamoto gets his starts with the Dodgers.
Speaker 11: Tonight is sixteenth of the year.
Speaker 10: I'll tell you what, Charlie, Yamamoto has been very business like when he has been on the mound. A couple of numbers just really kind of stick out. First of all, in June four starts just a two twenty two e r A three to one. In the month of June you'll look at the batting average against his below two hundred. Do you look at the count when he's ahead in the counts just one forty one. The only thing that really sticks out that has been problematic for him, the highest DRA that he has of any of the innings that he's pitched this year, it's been in the first inning, where the ERA is surprisingly enough, is almost at five.
Speaker 9: By the way, Yamamoto this year, on top of the great pitching he has had, he has received five and third runs per game. Talk about run support. He's not giving up anything.
Speaker 11: He gives his ball club a chance to win.
Speaker 9: And so far when he starts, they do as eight wins at two sixty seven ERA, opponents ending just a ninety four against him.
Speaker 7: Lineups in first pitch, coming up, Tim all Right, first.
Speaker 4: Pitch, right around the corner. Dodgers fourteen games up in the NL West over the San Diego Padres, who are now officially under five hundred on this season.
Speaker 6: Can they make it more? We'll find out next.
Speaker 4: Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the Mount Dodgers Padres.
Speaker 6: Happy fourth of July.
Speaker 4: Everybody, I'm sin cakes in this the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio, No, there's that Boshim