Speaker 1: So question for you. In the movie Kate Pop Demon Hunters, they speak with such a great American accent. Are the actors all like from like South Korea, Asia and they speak perfect like, you know, South Korean and then they learned an English accent? Or are they American artists that do the vocals you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Because they have no accent, I think they're South Korean.
Speaker 3: But I think in South Korea you're just like bilingual from the get.
Speaker 1: Of course, but there's no accent when they're speaking, you know what I mean. Usually, I mean, okay, you get somebody like Kate Winslet, who, like I don't know, a lot of British actors will play American accents and they do it where it's like, oh, I really had no idea.
Speaker 4: Well I know one of them. Her name is Audrey Nuwa. I don't know which one she plays, but she grew up in Jersey. She just is totally around the corner.
Speaker 1: But then they launched perfectly into South Korean in part of the songs, in part of their language, and it's like flawlessly, and it doesn't sound like some American from New Jersey who phonetically learned how to speak South.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's okay, girls, Well, I think Genu, who's like the leader of the Soger Boys.
Speaker 2: He has an accent, he sounds I mean that's yeah.
Speaker 1: I think so. Yeah, I guess I don't know.
Speaker 2: Now I'm gonna do something.
Speaker 1: Go look it up. It is Friday, it's KATWB. Supposed to be a nice weekend. No snow. It's gonna be seventy sixty nine degrees today. Yes, is that true? That is nuts. I love global warming. Thank you global Warming. I'm gonna go burn some more rubber tires in my backyard to contribute to global warming thing. I'm very excited about this one. Yes, you're welcome put the snow off as long as we possibly can go global warming. I have a question for you. I'm gonna send you to McDonald's. What are you gonna order? It's called the menu game on KATWB, A little menu game. Jenny, you're gonna go to McDonald's. What are you gonna order? Don't think about it too hard.
Speaker 2: I don't have to.
Speaker 5: It's chicken McNuggets with some honey to dip it in.
Speaker 1: Okay, Bailey, you're going to McDonald's. What are you ordering?
Speaker 2: I'm getting a mcdouble with a large fry.
Speaker 1: Okay, Von, You're order going to go to McDonald's. What are you gonna get a mcgriddle? It's an extra sausage patty. Okay, mine's gonna be twenty piece nuggets, hot mustard sauce fries. You're going to Taco Bell, Bailey, what do you get a Taco Bell?
Speaker 2: The five sided thing? What is that?
Speaker 1: Spy? Crunch wrapp Supreme cliche but still legitim.
Speaker 2: Mine's also cliche, chicken chicken case dia, Okay, cliche.
Speaker 1: I'm going to get the Nacho's Bell Grande and a seven layer burrito. But if I'm going to pick one, then it's going to be the seven layer burrito. Jenny.
Speaker 5: I'm going to do crunch rap supremu as well, but I'm going to ask them to give me as many fire sauces as they allow.
Speaker 2: I love fire sauce.
Speaker 3: How was someone with your stomach capabilities? It's like, give me all the fire sauce.
Speaker 2: Give it to me. It seems like a perfect storm.
Speaker 4: Have you seen the pie? The new pie that they have, Blast Pie. It's a big green pie. It looks disgusting, but it's supposed to tastes like the Baja Blast drink.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh god, you're at the mall. You're going to Panda Express. I'm gonna get the beef and brock. I'm probably not gonna get the wantons are a little bit gross and dry for me. So I'll get his spring roll or an egg roll at Panda Express or Lean Chin one of the other.
Speaker 2: I'm doing orange chicken. I'm pretty basic.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get something like tofu or just lots of vegetables, because for some reason, sometimes meat gives me the weirds, and it definitely gives me the weirds in a Lean Chin or a Panda Okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, never had Panta Express or Lean Chin. Okay, Chinese food. Go to a Chinese buffet. What are you getting? Chicken? Fried rice with fried scallops?
Speaker 1: Okay? Well probably? Oh okay. You go into Burger King. I know nobody goes to Burger King anymore, but you're going to Burger King. What are you going to get at Burger King? Bailey Cinny Minies?
Speaker 2: Remember when they introduced Cinna Minis.
Speaker 3: It was like in the nineties and my mom worked for General Mills at the time, so we were like at the like first day of Cinna Minis, like the opening. Okay, Cinna Minis. They're tiny little cinnamon rolls. They're delicious.
Speaker 1: Okay. I'm gonna get a probably a double whopper or no, a bake the bacon double cheeseburger, and you switch my order to a bacon double cheeseburger. Yeah, Jenny, I do not know. I truly don't know. Nobody goes to Burger King anymore. It's a sad, sad tale.
Speaker 4: For lunch, I'd probably get the chicken fries. I don't think they have them on the menu anymore, but they used to be so good they do. Yes, Okay, chicken fries.
Speaker 1: Then you go into Perkins for breakfast, vont What are you going to order for Perkins by breakfast? Had Perkins and.
Speaker 4: So long since I've had Perkins, always something fresh and new, Bailey.
Speaker 2: You go first socle back.
Speaker 3: The skillets where they have like you know, I don't know, sausage like kill bassa in there and then and mixed it all up.
Speaker 2: That stuff so good.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I'm gonna get two eggs over hard. I don't like running yolks. I'm gonna get sausage patties toast and then probably pick the grape jelly out of the little holder that's there on the table.
Speaker 3: So America, Yeah, amer breakfast, and I'm proud to be on America.
Speaker 1: I am proud to be an American, Jenny.
Speaker 5: I probably would do an American breakfast because if there's a brunch place that I don't know, I would fully trust getting like I don't know, Benedict, probably.
Speaker 1: Eggs, Benedict, I could be I love that one. That's a good one. Okay, But I'm making.
Speaker 2: The country sausage biscuit breakfast. It looks so good.
Speaker 1: Now I'm he just now googled it. I'm surprised he didn't say do they have look at charms there? Because I'm just a basic guy.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: You can take me to Olive Garden for the longest before I would get the chicken trimp Alfredo.
Speaker 2: I get chicken.
Speaker 1: Tenders, and that is our final visit. On the restaurant menu game, you're at Olive Garden, what are you gonna order? I'm gonna get spaghetti and meatballs, and usually at Olive Garden it is not little meatballs. The size of a golf ball. It's a meatball the size of a grapefruit. Yes, that is a that's you know, you'd a real Italian restaurant where a get meatballs the size of your fists with spaghetti.
Speaker 5: Jenny, I'm doing the same thing and as many garlic sticks.
Speaker 2: As I can shove it in my mouth.
Speaker 3: Yes, baby, I'm getting the endless soup, salad and breadsticks with the zipatiscana soup and like fifteen hundred bread sticks.
Speaker 1: Okay, good for you.
Speaker 4: Get some breadsticks, and then I'll do the chicken alfredo, but let me get.
Speaker 2: A grill trip added into it as well.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't think it's going to become a game show on a or anything like that. We call that the menu game, and we hit how did you do? Did you do well? Did you come up with something for every single restaurant? I hope you did?
Speaker 2: Makes you hungry? Up, brumers and half truths. You've got Dave's dirt on, Katie W. B.
Speaker 1: The youngest person ever to be inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame is Are you ready? It is Taylor Swift. Now she is a nominee to be inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame next summer. Now, if she's selected, she's thirty six, she would be the Hall's youngest inductee by more than a decade. She's qualified to be on the ballot. I guess you have to be like songwriting for twenty years or whatever. Her first single, Tim McGraw, meets the twenty year deadline. She wrote that, oh we get a clip.
Speaker 2: Favorite as.
Speaker 1: She wrote that when she was fifteen in the summer of two thousand and six. And another requirement has said, who attend the ceremony because they don't want to induct you? And then you can't you're like about of town that weekend. So the CEO said, if their schedule doesn't allow, they defer the election to another year. Each nominee selects five songs that represent their songwriting talent, so basically she kind of has to nominate herself. She chose Blank Space, Anti Hero, Love Story, The Last Great American Dynasty, and her ten minute video version of All Too Well, so they show her different styles. So I mean, she's definitely worthy of induction. But most songwriters, I'll be honest with you, don't hear of them, like Amy Adams you've never heard of her. Jack Antonoff, they're the ones who write like all the songs for the pop princesses. Sabrina Carpenter doesn't write her own songs. There's a long story behind that. We've talked about that in the Minnesota Goodbye. She claims to write her own songs because it makes her sound more credible. It's Amy Adams and Jack Atanoff who write her songs for because they're such elaborate, complicated songs.
Speaker 2: We not talking about. Amy Adam was an actress.
Speaker 1: You're a different what y no no no, no, no no. And that's the thing. You've never heard of these people. But it's kind of like Max Martin. Max Rtin wrote every pop song from like nineteen ninety eight to twenty fifteen. It's amazing, but you've never might have heard of him. But anyway, so there is the Songwriting Hall of Fame. Taylor Swift, youngest inductee ever.
Speaker 5: We were all sitting around planning our show for today yesterday when this video popped up and I showed you guys it. It was all the cast from Wicked walking the spread carpet and all of a sudden, this over enthusiastic fan goes up to Ariana Grande and like kind of wraps her arm around her, and Cynthia Revo literally jumps into action.
Speaker 2: Immediate was like, get off of her, get off of her.
Speaker 5: Well, anyways, they were in Singapore promoting the movie and Cynthia separated the guy from Ari and then security obviously tackled him and carried him away.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: The fan's name is Johnson When he's also known as Pajama Man on social media. After he was sprung from jail, he posted his own picture of the count encounter for his nine thousand followers. I thought he was going to be one of those douchey social media people who are is like, I'm gonna do this so I can get so many views, but I mean nine thousand, like in the grand scheme of things, isn't like influencer status, and he's like I have more than No, I'm not saying it like that.
Speaker 2: I just assumed.
Speaker 5: It's like when people do stupid YouTube stuff.
Speaker 1: I totally agree. It's like you look at how many followers, is like you expect one point six million and it's like nine thousand. Okay, he'll probably get more. He'll probably got quadruple or more with this though.
Speaker 5: Was the charity they have did jump into action right away, but they were walking down the red carpet like arm in arm right. I don't know the whole cast, so I think security was just like a step behind and Cynthia was able to get.
Speaker 2: In there right away. Whether it's big long fingers, I would like nervous get out of here.
Speaker 3: So yeah, speaking of Wicked, right now, it is outperforming the first movie based on ticket pre sales. It's supposed to be the biggest pre sales like record for a PG film, as reported by fan Dango. It comes out next Thursday. I believe next Thursday. I'm excited VOT and I are seeing early.
Speaker 5: You can here let me it's a little plug for this because we actually have some pre screening passes you can win on the contest page. So if you go to katiewb dot com slash contest, you can sign up for the pre screening for a chance to see it on November eighteen.
Speaker 2: Ooh nice, that's super duper exciting.
Speaker 3: What I think is interesting too is that Amazon Prime members can screen it like in theaters.
Speaker 2: Days before the original official release. So if you have Amazon Prime. I don't know, look into it. I love this.
Speaker 4: We always play the genre game on our show, and Jimmy Fallon stole it from us. But the Jonas Brothers were on last night. They had to sing a Lantis Morisset song ironic in a Broadway style.
Speaker 2: Here it is.
Speaker 6: It's like christ oh ready free, but you've already it's the good Bush.
Speaker 2: That's Joe, but just didn't.
Speaker 5: Okay, I like, have you guys seen the clip of Joe saying bing bing bong?
Speaker 2: No, Oh my gosh, we have to talk about this.
Speaker 5: They were promoting something I'm like, a pretty big like good Morning America something. Joe looks like he's stoned out of his mind, and so he's sitting there like doing his part of whatever he's supposed to be promoting. At the end, he goes big bing bong and then Nick looks at him like, what the hell did you just say? And then Joe starts resting his head on Kevin at one point.
Speaker 2: I did see that, Yes, it is kind of weird.
Speaker 5: And then he looks like he's out of it a little bit, and then they do address it, like on another interview I think I saw yesterday and He's like, I was just being quite quirky and blah blah blah blah, Like I was just a little tired, that's all it was. And we're like, yeah, you're a little tired. I just smoked some weed.
Speaker 1: Wow. Speaking to the Jonas brothers, starting today, their movie is going to be a Very Jonas christ Very Jonas Christmas movie. Premieeres on Disney and Hulu. Supporting casts with the Jonas Brothers include Kenny g and some other people that I haven't heard of, Priyanka Chopra. Okay, I knew. I knew that from somewhere. Also television this weekend, One Battle after Another, now available for home viewing on Apple TV, Amazon Prime. That's the one with Leonardo DiCaprio, DiCaprio and Benicio del Toro, Sean Penn and it is a weird, intense long movie. I liked it more than I like most movies. So there's that. Saturday Night Live this weekend features host Glenn Powell from The Running Man, Olivia Dean, and then Jimmy Fallon is going to host a special Tonight show following this Sunday Sunday night football game between the Eagles and the Lions Go. Lions. Fallon's guest this Sunday include DJ Khaled, So that'll be this Sunday after Monday Sunday Night football.
Speaker 3: Is he?
Speaker 2: Another one? Is that? Okay? I say that all the time now because of Jenny.
Speaker 5: Another one, speaking of music, Lewis Capaldi is my boy and he's got a new song out.
Speaker 2: It's called The Day That I Die.
Speaker 3: Does this song.
Speaker 5: Whether you're going through like love, heartbreak, or lost, listen to Lewis Capaldi. You'll find a song on his albums because they're all very emotional. And also Miley Cyrus has a new song. It's called dream as One.
Speaker 4: Dream Bailey, you remember you thought Miley was gonna have Album of the Summer in the summer.
Speaker 2: She did have some good songs on that album. They were good, but none of them even charted like at all.
Speaker 5: I know, but I think that that has to do with some like record label politics, honestly, whatever it is.
Speaker 3: Kelly Clarkson's staff says that she's recovered from being in a deep funk after her ex husband Brandon Blackstock passed away. She was having kind of a rough time. She was canceling different outings, different performances, but her staff has said, you know, I think that she is rebounding. She's emotionally rebounding, and they say it's like the old Kelly is back again. She's been dearly missed. She'll stop by and make conversation, ask about family members, gossip and make jokes.
Speaker 2: Well, of course they'll say that. They're not gonna say like, oh, she's doing she's but they did say that.
Speaker 5: And I also figure like Kelly's got to be annoyed with the amount of people who like quote unquote have worked for her and then like she's not doing well right, like her kid's father died, Like she's allowed to go through an emotional rollercoaster and still like attempt to work because that's what we have to do in our lives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much, and I'm excited about this.
Speaker 4: There is a new Netflix series that's supposed to be based on a fictional Minnesota high school hockey team. There's no name for it yet, but they're shooting it currently in Canada.
Speaker 1: That sounds cool. Actually, no, not Mighty Ducks. That actually sounds kind of cool. All right, that's the Dirk brought to you by six point two Injured Heimer and Lammer's injury law. We're going to be back with we got new Megan, what I want you to hear it. It's new music, probably the most promising new song of the week. I'll play that for you coming up in a second. And also we're gonna talk to somebody who was told not to do something. She did it anyway, and now she wants to talk to you and say, if your friends tell you not to do this, you need to listen.