Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: KFI AM six forty Bill Handle here on a Tuesday morning, October twenty eighth. Some of the stories we're looking at. Unfortunately, Hurricane Melissa has hit them. Jamaica with a vengeance. One hundred and seventy five mile an hour wins Category five, devastating Jamaica. But that was assumed that was going to happen. Here's the fun when Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton is suing the makers of Tilt All, saying that tailand All failed to warn consumers about the risks of taking the drug while pregnant.
Speaker 3: What risks really? I think that since.
Speaker 2: You have x percentage of women who were pregnant who in fact unfortunately delivered kids who were were autistic, and most of them at some point in their pregnancy eight pizza, I believe that Ken Paxson must sue all the local pizza makers in the area of which women had autism, because pizza is equivalent to autism. Thailand all equivalent to autism. Texas is nuts. I mean, it doesn't stop. None of this does all, right, tell you what does stop, unfortunately is tech Tuesday with rich Dmurrow.
Speaker 3: Wish we could do that forever because I have so many questions.
Speaker 4: Good morning, rich Oh thanks Bill. I thought you said it's going to stop. I was like, oh, wow, no, no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well unfortunately it's going to stop because we are limited. When we talk about these lawsuits for crazy those are not limited. The amount of time we have together is limited. That's where I was going. You know that anyone can sue for anything. I mean, when it's that kind of high level thing, that's a whole nother world. Yeah, this is the Texas Attorney General doing. It's not just some crazy ass guy out there. But anyway, let's get into our stuff because I think this actually is more fun.
Speaker 3: So let's talk about fake AI receipts. Now, what is that about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this is something that's been kind of going on.
Speaker 3: For a bit.
Speaker 4: And now there's a report from the Financial Times that businesses are getting tricked by these AI generator receipts. And we know that if you do expense reports, Number one, they're annoying. Number two, they require a lot number three, A lot of it's automated because these companies have seated control to these giant concurs of the world and things like that, and employees are now apparently submitting ultra realistic fake expense receipts thanks to AI.
Speaker 1: And so one of these.
Speaker 4: Software companies ramps As they flagged over a million dollars in fake receipts in just ninety days. And they look real, so the AI can even make them look like they're wrinkled paper. They can put signatures on them, and people, you know these AI companies, they put like a water mark in them so that you can't really submit them because the software will figure that out.
Speaker 1: So what do the employees do.
Speaker 4: They just screenshot it or take a picture of it with their phone and they get around that. So this is a huge issue I think for companies, and it's something that I if you're an employee and you're doing this, I don't know why you would do this, because you don't want to get caught doing this would be yeah.
Speaker 2: But I have a question, why can't anybody use existing technology and just put in a fake expense report or are you talking about providers that putting that in there and getting money sent to them for products they didn't send into the company, didn't sell the company.
Speaker 3: I don't know who is doing this.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it's the employees that are going on company travel and so they are they're padding. It's it's kind of a new way of what's been going on forever, which is patting the expense report right, except this time it's ultra realistic. And because I think the idea here is because AI is fact checking the expense reports before they go for payment. Majority of the time, you know, I think that AI just looks at the receipt says, oh, that looks good, and it passes it through. So but even SAP concur which you know, they scan a lot of these receipts, one of their executives said, you can't even trust your eyes anymore because these receipts look so good. And so my question is, if you're an employee doing this, you're going to get fired. So probably not a good idea.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, it's just another way of stealing money.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming, right, you pitch in a fake report, which people do all day long and until they don't. What you're saying is AI just makes it easier for an employee to rip off the employer bottom line.
Speaker 4: It makes this It makes it very easy and I remember seeing a story about this a couple of months ago where this was just starting to happen, and this was before the AI image generators have gotten so good now, and I remember trying to generate one of these receipts and I could not believe my eyes. I mean, it was so good that it's like, oh my gosh. So I think for maybe here's what I think happens. Maybe employees tiptoe into this by saying, oh shoot, I forgot to get that receipt or I need that receipt, and so maybe they recreate it, and then all of a sudden, you know, some other people just realize that you can just make this very simple.
Speaker 2: Okay, Rich anti recognition glasses. I don't even know what that means other than I don't recognize you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So imagine you put these glasses on and you try to use face ID on your phone and it does not work. That's what we're talking about here. So this is a company called Zenny Optical. They've come out with over the years a bunch of glass for like blocking blue light and things like that. But now they've got this new technology called zeny id Guard, and it blocks infrared facial recognition systems from tracking you. So I thought this was kind of cool, kind of interesting, kind of a sign of our times.
Speaker 1: So the coding on these glasses, which is.
Speaker 4: A subtle pink so that you know, you kind of signal to other people that hey, I'm blocking this stuff, reflects up to eighty percent of near infrared light, which is what a lot of cameras and biometric systems use to identify faces. And you can test this out very simply by trying face idea on your phone or something like Windows Hello on a Windows PC, and they will not work. So the idea here is that you wear these glasses, you can walk around town and facial recognition cameras that are trying to capture your biometrics are just not going to work, so you can.
Speaker 1: I don't know if.
Speaker 4: You're completely anonymous when you wear these, but it's just one step in kind of protecting your identity.
Speaker 3: No, there's entire industries that are anti.
Speaker 2: Where technology comes up with something and then instantly there now is a group, a small group or a company that say, oh no, no, we're going to fight that, and it's it seems like it's one industry following another industry.
Speaker 3: So if you don't want your face right, if you.
Speaker 2: Don't want facial recognition, you walk around all day with, if you don't need glasses with these playing lenses with no prescription, and then you're theoretically fine, I have that right.
Speaker 3: Yes, huh. Isn't it easier just to wear like ninja ninja masks and you know what those costs? Six those cost six bucks.
Speaker 4: It's simpler than the ninja mask because this still lets people see your eyes. But it's just you know, look, I think when it comes to what you said to your point of any industry that pops up, there's always going to be a reactionary industry. And I think that you know, is this a bit of a ploy to get people to spend money on these glasses they may or may not need. Is this really protecting your you know, your facial identification?
Speaker 3: Like who knows?
Speaker 4: But the reality is that we see this stuff happen all the time, and you know, it's one way that people can feel more secure if they feel like they're getting id'd in too many places.
Speaker 1: And I think it is interesting we've heard.
Speaker 4: Over and over bill that they use this facial recognition in places like concerts.
Speaker 1: If you look and this is you know, because I love technology, So.
Speaker 4: Anywhere I go, if you look at like small print on signs at places you go, a majority of them are now mentioning that they are using some sort of automated facial recognition or facial tracking at grocery stores and different retailers that you go to. So when you walk in there, yeah, they're they're figuring out like, oh, okay, this person comes in. They may not have a name to you just yet, but they know who you are based on the fact that you come in there three times a week. And eventually they could layer that with some sort of third party database and figure out, hey, this is Rich he's in here every Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Hey, are we reaching the point where you know?
Speaker 2: For example, China uses face recognition basically for every single citizen.
Speaker 3: They know what every single one of.
Speaker 2: Their people looks like with technology, which I don't understand because they look all the same to me. But you've got an entire country doing this. Are we heading in that direction? You think where we're all going to be somehow surveilled.
Speaker 4: I think it's already happening. I think that it's already happening. And I mean, look, when I travel, I go from my car to the airport, to the security to the next country without speaking to a human being, or in most cases, without even showing any idea. I mean, when you go to LAX and you park on the parking you know structures there, it reads your license plate. If you've already prepaid, it opens the gate. You go into the LAX, you've got facial recognition, You walk up to a camera, it snaps a picture of you. It says, okay, you're rich Demiro. The gate opens up, you go in. When you enter the other country, you scan your passport or your face, and it just says, hey, okay, come on in. So we're already living in a society where the government already knows who you are. They've got your biometrics, they've got your face, and you know, we've all sort of agreed to this. And it's I think the private companies that are catching up to this, they probably have more information than the government.
Speaker 1: Because we've handed it to them.
Speaker 4: So I think, you know, we're going to see a renaissance of people saying I want to reclaim some of my privacy.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure that's going to be possible in the future.
Speaker 2: Now, I mean, how do you do that without legislation, without laws that tell these companies and these organizations you cannot do that anymore short of that.
Speaker 3: And you're right. It just occurred to me.
Speaker 2: I just came back from Europe a few weeks ago, and as I was getting off the airplane and there's a line for American citizens and people who have a foreign passports, and literally I have my passport in my pocket, and as I'm taking my passport out, uh, the TSA person or in this case, the customs and the customers people say no, no, just walk through here, just look at the camera.
Speaker 3: And I was kind of floored. And there's my picture ugly.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's is there such thing as a good looking picture on driver's licenses or any of this, any of these programs.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't mind mine, but they don't let you take another one. I mean, I you.
Speaker 2: Can in yours, because yeah, you can for your driver's license. You can say, well, you take another one. I'll let you look at it, just in case will.
Speaker 1: Because they wouldn't let me look. They just said that's okay, you're.
Speaker 2: Good, No, no you ask hey, can I take a look. Do you mind if I take a look, because it's a digital Tay.
Speaker 1: You're gonna come up the system.
Speaker 2: They got to get people, Yeah, I know, But then they have to take the picture because what if someone blinks, what if someone has their eyes closed?
Speaker 1: Well, they looked for that.
Speaker 4: They they all they're looking for is just to make sure that the measurements for biometrics are fine.
Speaker 1: They're not. They don't care if you have you know, if you look good.
Speaker 3: No, what I'm talking about, No, No, I'm talking about I'm talking about. Yeah, I think we're on different pages here.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about the driver's licenses photos. That's where I was going. Okay, okay, we're going. I'm glad we missed each other. And two ships passing in the night. Rich, we'll catch you at this Saturday, eleven am to two pm right here on KFI.
Speaker 3: You have a good win, all right, thank you? You got it. A Trump story I want to share with you.
Speaker 2: When the president ran for president, he said he was going to bring down prices.
Speaker 3: That was part of his campaign.
Speaker 2: Inflation was too high, prices are way too high, and he said, I'm going to cut food prices in half by the first year. Now, that is I don't believe that. Of course, that can't be done. That's hyperbole, There's no question about it. That is everybody gets the pass saying stuff like that. However, he was serious when he said he was going to bring down prices.
Speaker 3: They have not come down.
Speaker 2: Inflation is here and where it's really showing itself is the food prices, particularly.
Speaker 3: Beef prices, and Neil and I have talked about that.
Speaker 2: Meat has gone through the roof, and even the President has expressed frustration with the high prices that we're paying for in grocery stores, particularly meat. And he's promising quote a deal to bring the price down. And what does that mean, Well, to bring something down, you boost supply.
Speaker 3: Right, the more supply, the cheaper it gets.
Speaker 2: So since the dairy herds or the beef herds are at a minimum right now, they've really shrunk over the past several years. He is purchasing eighty thousand tons of beef from Argentina. That's quadruple the typical quota.
Speaker 3: And man has there.
Speaker 2: Been backlash from farm state Republicans and agricultural industry groups who are really on his side and feel very burnt by this.
Speaker 3: Policy.
Speaker 2: Remember the election was fueled by the concern over high costs, and guess what we have right now high costs, big costs. So this is a lose lose for the president on this one. Why because it's the best interest of the country to bring down prices. If we're now paying what I think, six dollars and thirty cents average price per pound for hamburger meat, I mean I never remember.
Speaker 3: It being that high.
Speaker 2: Have you kneel six dollars and thirty cents for hamburger meat?
Speaker 3: No? Not my recollection.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's pretty high. So he is saying, okay, we have to increase supply. That's how we get our prices down. So it's he loses, he loses, no matter what. He keeps Argentina beef where it is and the price is here explode. He brings in beef and the prices decrease, and the the farmers, they heard the beef farmers are their prices go down? And there were some of his biggest supporters. It's a mess. And last week he said on truth Social you wanted to prod cattle ranchers, that's very funny to get their prices down. While crediting is tariffs in Brazil, another top beef exporter, and that's going to help the US cattle market.
Speaker 3: The cattle market's a mess.
Speaker 2: However, the ranchers, for the first time in years, have made some money. It's a very volatile industry. And they have been losing their shirts. Oh, they've been losing their jackets made out of hides. And he said, the prices are up so big that we'll have to make a determination. But the ranchers are going to be very unhappy because they have suffered for many years. And when you look at the economy going south, where our dollars are buying less and inflation is here not crazy like it was under Biden years because Biden it hit it nine percent at its worst. It's still high and it is climbing. Wages are not keeping up with inflation. And if it keeps on going like this, and there's no reason not to think it won't, there's going to be a real issue in terms of.
Speaker 3: Price in the economy. Now.
Speaker 2: The higher the cost of meat, the better off it is for the ranchers. And the high cost of meat is one bright spot in the struggling agricultural sector.
Speaker 3: Also another bright spot.
Speaker 2: It looks like China and the United States, with of course President Trump leading negotiations, it looks like a deal is in the works, so China begins again to buy soybeans from them, from US farmers. I think that's the biggest export of grain that we have in this country, of soybeans, and China just cut it off, just said not one soybean, not one will be bought, and it hasn't been. So now it looks like a deal is going to be cut, which we'll talk over the next few days, because the President is on his way to meet the ping Master or the ping meister Jijiping that's what they call him. As I said yesterday, the pingster el I do el Pingo is what they call him. Okay, very southern California.
Speaker 3: What is that.
Speaker 2: It's called The Fields. It's a dating service, but it's almost like one of those five minute dating things where you sit down, you go that speed dating. This is a little bit more complicated. You have a group of people in a gathering dark.
Speaker 3: Okay. Ali Hoffman came up with this. It's called The Fields.
Speaker 2: She has a master's in psychology with a focus in spirituality.
Speaker 3: For Columbia University.
Speaker 2: I didn't know you could get a degree in spirituality from Columbia.
Speaker 3: What does that tell you where we've gone?
Speaker 2: Anyways, it's actually a singles mixer, and what it does is employ various touch based techniques in the dark to get any participants to learn more about themselves, to chip away at defenses, and maybe just maybe fall in love. She says, it feels so hard out there. We're really believing that it's our fault. It starts at the beginning of a mixer saying that I don't believe that's true.
Speaker 3: I think there's some macro level forces that are.
Speaker 2: Affecting us, that are creating what we're in right now, and I'm here to unwind.
Speaker 3: A lot of that. So as difficult as it is to date, and it's not easy, I mean, frankly, you go on these dating sites and everybody lies about who they are what they do.
Speaker 2: If I ever went on a dating site, which I never have, I'd be honest, you know, I'd send a picture of who I am right now. I never walk on beaches. I hate romantic spots. I have no desire to be alone with you. No, I don't let I hate trees, I wouldn't do well, but people end up not doing well anyway. So she has come up with the fields, and everybody sits in this dark room and starts sort of groping. And that connection. I mean, it's so weird. And this thing is growing like wildfire. You're supposed to reach out and touch someone and somehow connect. Now I can think of all kinds of things. Would I ever do this? No chance? Because there's the connection. What's that? I go?
Speaker 3: I really don't want to share that.
Speaker 2: Not very impressive, bill, Okay, I don't need that for my self esteem.
Speaker 4: Didn't you used to do that in a movie theater with a popcorn bucket?
Speaker 2: I did? Sometimes it was with a hat. The other thing about the fields, which is so weird. This thing has exploded across the country. It's even gone international. In the Philippines, for example, they call it the peels and it seems to work. I guess it seems to work. I don't know how. What happens is well, just give you a cost.
Speaker 3: You're ready for this.
Speaker 2: The level two, Level one is well. Level two is around two hundred dollars per person. Level one, another version doesn't involve the survey of personalized matching that only costs ninety to one hundred dollars, although they do give a huge discount for people who have lost one arm in a traffic accident. Now Level two, on the other hand, is much more connected, and what it's about is guiding people back into real, authentic connections with each other.
Speaker 3: Do you know why don't I think of this stuff?
Speaker 2: Why don't I come up with some crazy ass philosophy or exercise. There's that restaurant where it's totally dark and all the waiters, the waiter persons are blind.
Speaker 3: You know about that, don't you? Nil?
Speaker 2: It is completely crazy, and it's just how do they not spill the soup in your lap?
Speaker 3: I have no idea. Well, it's set up. They memorize the space.
Speaker 1: It's not like you go in there rearrange everything.
Speaker 3: Oh you would do that? Just do fun? You do that?
Speaker 2: Just yeah, that's what you do for fun. All right, guys, we're done enough of this.
Speaker 3: Coming up.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be Gary and Shannon and I am taking phone calls right now starting in just a moment for handle on the Law off the air for future broadcast. You can call me at eight seven seven five two zero eleven fifty, still listening to Gary Shannon through the phone. Eight seven seven five to two zero eleven fifty. No commercials, no breaks, no weather, no traffic, and no patience. Put all that together and we go through them pretty quickly. Eight seven seven five two zero eleven fifty. As we watch the horrible Hurricane Melissa going through Jamaica right now. Tomorrow morning, we're gonna have some really bad news I'm sure to share with you. So the number one, let me give you some really bad news when you ask me a legal question. You know how I love to do that. Eight seven seven five two zero eleven fifty. Back again tomorrow, wake up call with Amy and Will Neil and I jump aboard at six and then.
Speaker 3: It all falls apart. Why not? And Cono? Yeah, yeah, Cono, you're pointing at yourself. Yeah, and Cono's here too, will be Yeah. Excitement level beyondbelief. This is KFI A M six forty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app