Speaker 1: So much, and now it's our turn to give back with iHeartRadio's Think and Teacher powered by donors Choose nominated outstanding public school teacher who goes above and beyond for students. They could win five thousand dollars for classroom supplies and resources. Now nominate now at k iHeartRadio dot com slash teachers.
Speaker 2: This is emotional and every time I play it, it's emotional and I hate to do it to you guys sorely in the morning, But this is Ryan Donaldson, former Minnesota Viking employee, talking to his fourth grade science teacher.
Speaker 3: Thank you, welcome.
Speaker 4: Wow, he was so excited the emotion, thank you from both of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well it was three o'clock in the morning and Ryan was drunk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ryan, you got to quick drunk dialing your fourth grade teachers at three I mean, I don't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Heart, what has done that? Did you have a teacher hawk.
Speaker 5: That mismagins a fire down blow?
Speaker 4: Oh my, hey, saus, I just want to see what it's like to be Brett fare for a second. Can you pretend to be a long time Power Trip listener and you're interviewing me on some podcasts? You started a podcast, and you want to thank me for all of the years of me working on the Power Trip, and I want you to do it like Ryan did it to Brett, and then I'll get to say thanks.
Speaker 6: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Wait, I'm thanking you as Corey or yeah, no, no, no, I am Corey from the Power Trip.
Speaker 6: You're a Power Trip listener.
Speaker 4: You have your own podcast, but you're thanking me for all my years of doing the Power Trip and how much it meant to you.
Speaker 3: Go Hey, Corey, thank you for all the memories. I really appreciate everything you've done. The Initials game changed my life. Thank you man.
Speaker 5: Welcome.
Speaker 6: Oh that felt condescending. Yeah, my part, not yours.
Speaker 3: I didn't mean it. Yeah you could feel it weird. Thank you You're welcome.
Speaker 5: Welcome.
Speaker 7: Didn't even say your like he was like he hesitated, Like do I gotta say?
Speaker 6: Doesn't it all?
Speaker 3: I guess doesn't it sound like Brett's shrugging his shoulders like welcome, okay, like whatever, do it again?
Speaker 4: Imagine I'm shrugging his shoulders thank you. Well, whatever wasn't welcome.
Speaker 3: I guess that like Barrero set up, like, hey, Ryan Donaldson really wants to ask you a question.
Speaker 2: No, I think it was a It's one of those things where there was a bunch of people on different phones from different places in America doing the interview, and everybody got a question. Ryan happened to you get to ask a question, and he was so excited he said, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 5: And Brett's I used to getting thanked.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we welcome.
Speaker 2: Just asked me a question. Is the press conference that's how it works. Yeah, yeah, I miss r D. Yeah, Ryan's the best good man. Were you on the team flights when Farv showed up?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, I was on the first one.
Speaker 6: Were you on the one when he decided I'm just gonna wear jeans?
Speaker 5: That was the That was the first time he ever walked on a plane. I never forget.
Speaker 2: It's like I've told you a couple of times, it was like watching a cartoon character walk on the plane. You can't believe that real person. Brett Favre. I mean, I'm on a plane with Jared Allen and Ben Lieber and all these guys that are stars, you know, and then Brett fav gets on. You're like, oh no, that that's a cartoon character.
Speaker 6: Was on that team? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Were you on the flight where Jared Allen was in the same row as Brett Favre and Jared was like, Hey, could you pass me that bag of pretzels?
Speaker 6: And then he did, and Jared Allen was like, thank you. And then what did Brett say? Again?
Speaker 2: I happen to have my cell phone recording that entire conversation. Yeah, yeah, thank you, that's Jared.
Speaker 6: Well, that's cool. It was such a it was a you know what it was, man, go a long way.
Speaker 5: It was a team building moment.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah. Do you have the audio of the I don't know the name of the team, but the.
Speaker 3: Volleyball team that got that five million dollar stadium because of the money Brett stole allegedly.
Speaker 2: Here's the volleyball team. Yeah, in Unison by the way, Yeah, thank you, welcome, it was sunny.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 3: Do you have the sarcastic statement from the citizens of Mississippi about how they had their tax money go towards Brett Favre's speeches and then they were like sarcastically thanking him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he doesn't.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can tell he didn't know they were being sarcastic.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 5: See, that's sarcasm. I hear it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, welcome Brad. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's get all fat and sassy with the news.
Speaker 3: Is camfe In News with Chris Hockey, presented by the Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 5: You know I love him. The Saint Paul Saints. Saints Baseball dot Com is the website.
Speaker 2: They're still playing baseball down at cchs Field. Let me be back on the twenty fifth, which today's twenty first time. He's just four days from now. See I just felt seven oh seven start at the time versus Toledo. Actually it's an ay twenty five starting time.
Speaker 6: I was wrong.
Speaker 2: I keep saying, no, no, okay, it's on the twenty fifth day. It's the seven or seven. I was right the first time. I almost shove my mouth.
Speaker 5: Here we go. Here's the news, ladies and gentlemen, not just any news, the news.
Speaker 2: More Americans are growing concerned over the use of artificial intelligence and daily life, according to the Pew Research Center, which showed fifty two percent of respondents saying they're more concerned than excited about AI. So you go, we talked about it a lot, but the kids don't seem to want it.
Speaker 4: No, it's interesting very anti yep, which is interesting, extremely anti.
Speaker 2: Here's something for you. At least one US Army unit is using Grand Theft out of Six as a tool to encourage re enlistment. A unit in Georgia is offering some active duty soldiers a four day pass to play the most anticipated video game of the year when it's released in November. According to the division, the offer is available to soldiers who re enlist for a minimum of two years between now and number and fourteenth. You'll get four days off to play GTA.
Speaker 3: Here's the counter argument. Let's say you're like, I don't know if I want to re enlist, I could either do two things, sit around all day and play GTA six or enlist and then sit around all day for four days and play GTA six.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what am I missing here?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, Like welcome.
Speaker 5: If it was, maybe it's a tipping point for me.
Speaker 4: But if it was, like, hey, re enlist and you can have access to it three months ahead of time, right, the Rockstar Games is going to give it to us in whatever August or you can play it way ahead of everybody else and you got to serve for two years.
Speaker 6: I'd still say.
Speaker 3: That's a terrible reason to join the military. Right, come on, but what's the if it's just Hey, you get four days off?
Speaker 6: I mean.
Speaker 4: What am I missing here? There's got to be something else that's not enough?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 7: You want to do something else for four when you get four days off in the middle.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I'm doing that too.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, but G six is gonna be pretty sweet. Twenty three hours and fifty five minutes. That's not enough?
Speaker 6: Fair? Can I ask a question? Can't wait?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 5: Yes? Sure?
Speaker 6: Have any of you pre ordered it? No?
Speaker 3: But I should soon, Hogs Steady, No yet, No, zachis uh no, I thought one of you would have.
Speaker 4: No, I mean I will before it comes out, and then you can download it early, right.
Speaker 5: I'm busy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can preload it or preloaded.
Speaker 7: Exactly What platform is it coming on?
Speaker 5: All of them?
Speaker 6: Yeah? All of them? PS five Xbox what are we at? Xbox? What now?
Speaker 4: Sixty one? Xbox one? What are we in series? Whatever the hell? Whatever it is. I'm losing track of the names. PS five is a lot easier, sweet done deal.
Speaker 2: Mid Dot's doing something good for us, reopening Highway to eighty before the Minnesota State Fair.
Speaker 4: Can they work on three ninety four? Can they get these ramps fixed?
Speaker 2: See?
Speaker 3: Lord, I go fifty five on my way here in the morning. Is the ramp on still closed? And the utica still close? The ramp to three ninety four is still closed. So I go down towards Minnich. Is it Minnetaka Boulevard?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And then I take it left and then I come right back up to three ninety four and then take it east from the south side. It adds like four and a half minutes to my drive. It's a pain in the ass.
Speaker 6: Were you here the morning Hawk ended up in Fridley?
Speaker 3: No, I was in Vegas, but I heard the podcast when Christ ended up in down to Minneapolis and wanted to burn the entire city day.
Speaker 5: I am so lucky.
Speaker 2: I thank God and the universe and everybody who's listening for protecting me that day, because I was doing one hundred dwn tiny streets, so angry that I was hoping to crash and die.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: The day you got sent down the wrong road, Yeah, that's all okay.
Speaker 6: No, I thought you do that every day. Yeah.
Speaker 7: The Caliro twelve, I mean it's out where we just when we get on out, there is just awful, just a mess.
Speaker 6: I have to go to it if a McDonald's, Now.
Speaker 5: There's nowhere you can go where you're not going to sit and try it.
Speaker 6: There's no easy way out, that's the truth. Well there is great point. Oh there's no shortcut home. There is definitely not.
Speaker 4: And look that these people are doing much more difficult work than we do. I'm not saying that they don't, but like it's really frustrating when you drive past a project and you're like, I don't think i've seen anyone move in four weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so did you have to shut this down today? Could you leave it open until you're ready actually work exactly?
Speaker 3: It's like, I know you've got a million projects you're working on, but this one's just sitting here, which means, like you just said, how about you wait until those ones are done and then tear this one down work on it.
Speaker 6: I don't get it.
Speaker 5: Me neither.
Speaker 6: I don't get it. What is the what is the goal here?
Speaker 4: The goal is to open three ninety four as quickly as possible. Yeah, but the that is priority number one. I do wish they were four four.
Speaker 2: I wish they would would stack them a little differently, so there was one router maybe two that didn't have any instruction, instead of every one of them being a disaster.
Speaker 4: What would you argue is the worst stretch in the Twin Cities right now? Because I do think some of that area four ninety four has been seemingly under construction for decades.
Speaker 6: Well, i'll tell you down by Bloomington. Yeah, since I was a kid, I can give you.
Speaker 5: The opposite of that, though.
Speaker 2: If I drove to Tco the other day from Rogers expecting to be in traffic hell, and you know right there we're we're talking about. I'm on four ninety four making the circle down Tonaton Prairie down there, and you get there one sixty nine, I'm like, okay, well the traffic's not stopped.
Speaker 5: What's going on? Got there one hundred traffic still wasn't stopped. What's going on? So you're going that direction. They fixed it.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of lanes and you're like, okay, this is what I was hoping for. It took them nineteen years, but they did it, and now I'm benefiting from it.
Speaker 5: Other side, pure hell, oh, pure hell. On the other direction just logged.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, man, the as you just said, Perry three three ninety or yeah three ninety four out to like the Wyetta area when that was like one lane. Yeah, hideous. It's tough to drive on two lane roads though.
Speaker 5: That's exactly where that happened.
Speaker 6: By the way, he was probably going to let Wisetta.
Speaker 5: He was probably going to Woodbury. This is wrong at this point nowhere he was going anyway.
Speaker 6: Boy.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so TO eighty will be open at least during the fair. So that's good because that's my secret back way in on my motorcycle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you always take that right. But your motorcycle, I.
Speaker 4: Go Snelling, Doye, I go, you get north. It just depends on which side of the city I'm coming from.
Speaker 6: I go Stell, but I almost.
Speaker 4: Always go just either up Snelling right by all ons Field or down Snelling by the Rosedale mall.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Every time I leave my place in Rogers to go to the State Fair, I call everybody I know and tell him goodbye.
Speaker 3: Have you ever turned around because the traffic was so bad you got so frustrated.
Speaker 5: I don't go there unless I have to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a good point.
Speaker 5: I can't wait, I know you can't. I'm glad it makes you happy.
Speaker 6: Will be there? What a week from Tuesday.
Speaker 4: A week from Tuesday, by the time the mike's crack at six thirty, I'll be one bucket in.
Speaker 6: And you'll have some cheese curds.
Speaker 5: You can have cheese curds anywhere, but not like those.
Speaker 6: No, He's right, they're elite.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 6: There's a whole bunch of great cheese curds.
Speaker 5: Just turns poopy in the end.
Speaker 6: Your dad's proud of you.
Speaker 2: It does though. It just turns poopy, that's all. It's all poopy in the end. Don't matter how good it.
Speaker 5: Tastes, right, it's just fuel. You can you fuel anywhere.
Speaker 6: Sauce.
Speaker 4: What are your favorite cheese curds in the Twin Cities? Not stay Fair related?
Speaker 3: Good question, Thanks, thank you. Maynards has good chees I was gonna say Malone's or Maynards is definitely in the conversation those are, They're good. Culver's has good cheese curds. Oh, speaking of food, did you guys see the parlor Burger place took our audio and video yesterday and put it on their social media about us talking about their Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they I think they should pay us in they are great.
Speaker 3: Why it just ends up, Poopy, Yeah.
Speaker 6: It just ends up turns. Your dad would be so proud of you. He would be, He should be.
Speaker 3: He should be proud of all of you, all of you, proud of Cory.
Speaker 6: All Your dad should be proud of you individuals.
Speaker 5: Oh that makes more sense.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hawk's daddy is proud of it.
Speaker 5: No, no he's not.
Speaker 4: And it is hard to botch cheese curds, but you can. But the breading, the breading is the difference nine times parish you got a spot best cheese curds.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was like Malones, I was thinking the same thing. Yeah, that's a That's my go to for sure. Waffle fries and cheese just outstanding. You get it.
Speaker 2: You seem to get something, man, Your dad would be so proud of you.
Speaker 4: Your dad or my dad, all of our dads, my two dads. Poopy was the other guy and my two dads because obviously it's Paul Riser, right, Who the hell was the other guy? What happened to that guy wasn't a Paul and my two.
Speaker 1: Dads it was and uh does Greg again?
Speaker 6: What happened to that guy. Right. Did he ever work again? He never worked of again.
Speaker 3: He was in Hawk's favorite show in the seventies and eighties, b J and the Bear Man.
Speaker 5: That was a good show. I'm b J McKay and this is my best friend Bear.
Speaker 6: Oh I didn't know. You knew that.
Speaker 5: I did. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: He was also in one of Hawk's favorite movies in eight Journey to the Center.
Speaker 6: Of the Earth. Yeah, Brandon Fraser, right, this is way before.
Speaker 3: This is a no one you've heard of it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Really, Hawk, you love this movie? Right?
Speaker 5: I did. I was a kid. I remember watching it very well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Corey, you probably know him as Roger in the show nine to one to one.
Speaker 3: Oh great show, right, Hawk, I'm not seeing that great show.
Speaker 6: He was in one hundred million BC. That looks like it went right to DVD. No.
Speaker 3: He went into another one of Hawk's favorite movies from nineteen eighty seven, Stripped to Kill about a Killer Stripper late.
Speaker 4: So really, what we're saying is the peak of his career was my two Dads.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he's in literally nothing I've ever heard of. Okay, Oh, Blending Christmas Hawk in twenty twenty one. You like that, right, I sure did. Yeah, Yeah, who did he play? He played, Uh, you have to go a little ways to find him. Oh, he played William.
Speaker 6: What do you think William was all about in that Christmas movie? I think he was doing probably getting it onto Christmas tunes. Interesting choice.
Speaker 4: So also do sports after this, and I promise that'll be the last reference.
Speaker 6: To the cast of My two Dads.
Speaker 3: On Friday, August twenty first of twenty twenty six is the Power to Moony Joe.
Speaker 5: Hey, it's Chris Hockey the Power Trib Morning Show. It's a big old country out there, and you want to see it. Did you know that Jefferson Lines has been your number? Okay, here's the thing.
Speaker 2: There's lots that haven't gotten to today that I meant to that I loaded stuff in I forgot. Like, here's Chelsea talking about the Padres. You know they're going to play the Dads on San Diego.
Speaker 9: We're in this stretch where we're playing good teams, and we're playing teams in the National League, which is you know, unfamiliar to us, but just expect us to go out and continue to battle and have good games out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's happening a PJ. You know they've been doing camp down for the Gopher football squad.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize it.
Speaker 2: I don't know how long training camp is for the Gophers, but it must be forever.
Speaker 10: Three weeks in, everybody's ready to just go play ball. They're still you don't want to peak too early, right, and you also just don't want to be unprepared. There's a balance to that, and so for us, we've had three really good weeks of training camp, really three great weeks of football, and now we're going to see, especially just getting the environment or kick off the time, what the stadium is going to look like, especially guys who have not played in here.
Speaker 2: I know that it's different, but can you imagine spending three weeks doing nothing but football and then you remember, oh yeah, I start class on Monday too.
Speaker 5: I am so grateful every day that I don't have to go to class.
Speaker 6: Has that changed in the NIL era?
Speaker 5: I doubt it.
Speaker 2: I don't think it can not if they're going to continue the hoax that is pretending that.
Speaker 5: Matters, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I mean, they're no there are some who care.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying there are none who care, you know, But.
Speaker 3: I skimmed it yesterday but is there something about now they're allowing guys to go back to college that get cut from NFL teams.
Speaker 5: That's an interesting thing.
Speaker 6: It is an interesting thing because think about it like this.
Speaker 2: And you kind of said it wrong by the way. He kind of sat it wrong. It's not the get cut by NFL teams. It's ones who they've been granted another year of eligibility.
Speaker 3: Sure, but they're like, okay, but but they're at NFL camps.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But the question is like, well, if they get cut.
Speaker 4: And they don't make the NFL roster and they still have college eligibility left, could they go back and play and make them nil money.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's super interesting because like, let's take sports out of it for a second, right, Like the whole point of going to college is to find a way to build a career, right, sure, and learn. So if you, after your junior year of college take an internship and you're like, man, i'd love a job here, and then they're like, after the three months here, like it's just not working out skills. Right, Well, if that company had offered you a job and it was a high paying job, even though your quote senior year is still sitting there, you might be like, man, I don't know if I can pass this up. I know I don't have my degree yet, but like this, this is the job I want when I'm done.
Speaker 6: Such yourself free.
Speaker 4: But if they say, hey, end of internship, like this, it's not going to work out.
Speaker 6: We don't have any spaces. Well, you go back to college.
Speaker 4: So it's hard to make analogy sometimes with the real world in sports because it's different.
Speaker 6: But I kind of see from a legal perspective if.
Speaker 4: These college kids are saying, well, I did try out for an NFL team, but I didn't make it, so I would like to go back and keep playing college football. I haven't, like, you know, I haven't signed a deal with the Devil. I just tried out for a team and it failed, so I'd like to come back. And legally, there's some judges going, yeah, I think they should be allowed to go back. Strange it's changing every week, right college football.
Speaker 6: The landscape of college football.
Speaker 4: I'm sure it's way more complicated that I just made it sound, but that's the gist of it is.
Speaker 6: These guys are like, well, if I.
Speaker 4: Don't make this team, I want to make some money playing football and that's my only path is to go back.
Speaker 2: Let's do some more sports already started, because Sock is going to talk about it. He's going to talk about it thanks to our friends at Circa Casino.
Speaker 5: Hell ye, time for a fan five on the power trip.
Speaker 4: Well maybe at Circa in a week casting one week from today, and what Thursday as well though, right, yes, sir, Yeah, we lent next Wednesday. Yeah, sitting in the sports book, holding hands, doing radio yep, yep, finding some cheese.
Speaker 5: Curds, looking at the slot machines longingly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe between breaks, running up those stairs maze.
Speaker 6: Yeah, with sauce down there. Hockey, Yeah, for the break.
Speaker 5: I really don't you're doing sports. I'll be right back. I gotta go to the bathroom yep.
Speaker 6: Then you'll just hear it in the background. Hawks, daddy.
Speaker 3: We had two preseason football games last night. The Raiders beat the Texans twenty two to twenty and then the forty nine Ers be the Chargers forty one seventeen.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I haven't watched that one a second time yet, but I watched the other one twice.
Speaker 6: All right, good, great man.
Speaker 3: We have three tonight and that includes the Packers at Butthole Eyes's team, the Broncos at eight pm.
Speaker 5: Yeah. We play Butthole Ees next week.
Speaker 6: Yeah we do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Denver a six point favorite tonight, which is abnormally gigantic for a preseason What am I missing there? What's going on there? I would Is it just that does he take it super seriously or something? Yeah, it's Butthole lies because if you're looking at the rest of DraftKings lines, it is like one and a half, one and a half, one and a half, three, three and a half, three and a half, and then boom, there's a sixer and it's the Nuggets. The Denver Broncos are six point favorites. What's going on there?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Right, you're one of my gambling friends. Text me and tell me why that game is abnormally.
Speaker 6: Leaning towards Denver.
Speaker 3: Don't the uh the Sharps don't the football Sharps bet a lot on preseason football.
Speaker 4: I think so, but I don't. Yeah, I've heard that a thousand times. I have no idea if that's true. Probably is it the Sharps or the Sharks. It's the Sharks. When it comes to West Side Story and the Ocean, it is the sharps when it comes to knives around your house and no.
Speaker 3: It's on a keyboard, right, yeah, and you're witped. Thanks, Oh what do you think it is?
Speaker 6: It's I think it. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I could see it both ways. Well, which one do you think it is? More the sharps? But also, like if you're a gambling shark, you would like find the blood in the water that is preseason games, and there's probably an easier way to get an edge because let's say, for example, the Broncos are going to play their starters for a half and the Packers are going to play their third string guys, that's something a shark would circle.
Speaker 6: So you have to be pretty sharp to be a shark.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: See there's that too, man, you get it? What's a whale? Nord went i?
Speaker 3: On Saturday, the Links battle the Mystics. Tonight, hogs Daddy had six thirty. Olivia Miles is probable after hurting her ankle on the game on Wednesday. The Links are three and a half point favorites and they have the best record in the WNBA.
Speaker 4: So somebody on Twitter told me, and Ifisa is not playing tonight, is that accurate or is that just somebody on Twitter guessing.
Speaker 5: No, I didn't read that, but that could be the case.
Speaker 6: Let me look this up here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ESPN says she's out for Rest. This is just a random Rest game because they're cruising to the number one overall.
Speaker 6: See is that what this is? Looks like I would guess, yeah, she's out.
Speaker 5: I think they were like, you know, we were winning without you. Just take a night off.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Injury report on ESPN dot com again says that Olivia Miles game time decision the Fisa Collie, you're out, and the game opened up as the links with a six and a half point being a six and a half point favorite.
Speaker 6: Now it's three and a half.
Speaker 4: So yeah, with Thepheas out and Olivia is a maybe we'll see.
Speaker 5: Would you see that? Uh Nefisa stood up in the press conference and went, I.
Speaker 3: Know, Rest of a wicked great Did she really?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yep, No, Paul, that was sarcasm. That was a character he was doing.
Speaker 5: Didn't get it, just let him believe it. She did. She's a big fan of Cavo the Bear, who I remember the name of the band, the Elephant.
Speaker 6: I saw the Bear, I saw those guys. Case, are you Okay.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I say words because I can't remember the right ones.
Speaker 6: I think there was a band called Cavo. Yeah, and the Champagne great song.
Speaker 4: So I think you, I think you. I think what you did is took Cage's the Elephant. Somewhere in the back of your mind, You're like, there's a band named Cavo, And then you were like, thirty minutes ago we talked about BJ and the Bear.
Speaker 6: That's true, Cavo and the Bear. You what can I do therapy with you? Can you just go and help him? Please? Or Zach love and the Bear.
Speaker 4: Do you have somebody in your life that has a zero radar when it comes to sarcasm.
Speaker 6: Like they don't get it. They it just it never hits.
Speaker 3: They always think you're being Yeah, my mom, really, she's got no radar for sarcasm.
Speaker 6: My mom's the best.
Speaker 3: She's not the greatest woman in my life that.
Speaker 6: L zero sense of humor zero even my dad.
Speaker 5: So you inherit that from her?
Speaker 6: Oh zero, And I love her.
Speaker 3: She's the best genetic zero right, very something and of course very nice.
Speaker 6: She's the best.
Speaker 3: I'll see something and she'll be like, what my mom sarcasm?
Speaker 5: I think she had lost the ability to laugh from your giant headcare.
Speaker 3: Goal to go for football team will play their open earth thirteen days from today at seven o'clock pregame at five at Huntington Banks Stadium. They are forty three and a half point favorites against Eastern Illinois.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's a lot of points, man, Yeah, three I have.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they don't in a shot, they don't.
Speaker 3: I mean they did last year. Who is the team they just destroyed? Who did they destroyed last year?
Speaker 5: The Megan Markle Marions.
Speaker 6: But yeah, they don't really blow teams out.
Speaker 1: Below below Northwestern State, Yeah, sixty six to zero.
Speaker 4: But that team is I mean, before your mom gave birth to you, she was like Chandler Bank, stop starcasm and condescension.
Speaker 3: And then after you she was just like enough joke, not everything is funny, isn't funny?
Speaker 6: That was hell the day of the laughter.
Speaker 2: She was before before you were born, she was Chadler Bank. After she was Matthew, Oh.
Speaker 3: My god, oh my god, Rosie. I mean yeah, but like her mom didn't have a sense of humor.
Speaker 6: I never met her dad. That's the one that never take another lover. You are correct, She didn't sound like she wanted to have any fun either. Yeah. Now, my my grandma Mickey barrel of fun.
Speaker 5: She's so fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's uh Peter's mom. Yeah, Peter's funny. Yeah, Papa's funny.
Speaker 5: He does funny things on the internet.
Speaker 4: What if we find out that your mom, at eight and a half months pregnant, was doing stand up and acme crushing, just crushing.
Speaker 5: She was like it inspired Bill Cosby.
Speaker 6: You mean his comedic work. I hope now, wow.
Speaker 5: Inspired Bill Cosby.
Speaker 3: Jesus, The Twins will Battle The Pod raised in San Diego.
Speaker 6: Tonight Counter pre lip goes for your Twins.
Speaker 5: San Diego. I bet that's a nice stadium there, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been there, yeah, five or six times. It's wonderful. It's always fact. The area around it is awesome. By the gasoline district, yeah, it's awesomest I think, yeah, gas lamp so yeah, maybe that's a gas lamp district.
Speaker 6: It's awesome, is it? Gas light? Gas gas lamp, quarter, gas lamp.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like it's like Nicolette, only just stunningly beautiful and in Sandy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's awesome. Restaurants, great food, everybody. Everything's a patio because it's seventy three and Sonny every day.
Speaker 6: It's awesome. It's the comedy vibe down in San Diego. Is it solid? Yeah? I think Schwartzen does comedy there a lot. Does your mom do open mic? Not anymore? Not anymore?
Speaker 5: Poor open mic?
Speaker 6: Oh sauce? What would it take? Like I saw acting in the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: They've been posting like all the people that are trying out for funniest person in Minnesota contest? Right, would you ever do that? Would you ever jump up on stage and try? I think I can because I've gotten paid to do standing.
Speaker 6: You have to be completely I think amateur.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think that's I tried it once. I did it once.
Speaker 4: So if it's if it can only be like you've never truly done stand up. You're starting from the bottom and working your way up. Is it too late for your mom to give it a shot?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I just got an email from ACME this and they've seen your comedy. You can go ahead and try.
Speaker 6: I might have been paid.
Speaker 5: He ain't been funny yet.
Speaker 6: I did it once. I lost in the first round. Two. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Some guy that was not funny, And I was real loud about it. You were real loud about it?
Speaker 6: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the guy wasn't funny. The guy that they picked there were judges. The guy that they picked over me wasn't funny, all right. So a guy that just absolutely bombed no laughs, zero out of ten. Yeah, smoked you. Yeah, Yes, I was pissed. I'd like twenty five people there. Well it's not a popularity. That's a little bit though, that's part of it. Well, but how many people did this guy have?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and did they vote for him?
Speaker 6: How many? How many traders did you have in your group? I would guarantee you sham Polly. I know I'm here for you.
Speaker 3: But that guy's funny guy is better than you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that middle aided lady.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that lady that gave birth to you was significantly better.
Speaker 5: Right, and she didn't say four words.
Speaker 3: Oh so that was the last time you tried?
Speaker 6: Yeah? When was that? What year?
Speaker 3: Approximately probably twenty years ago. That's before I got here.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Interesting, Viking's news man.
Speaker 5: We have a young man who's gonna be a star on the cusp of greatness. The guy that they took a flyer on is panning out huge exhausted.
Speaker 6: Something on Twitter that almost nobody in the world.
Speaker 4: Does, especially a sports talk radio hosts, and that is admit they were wrong.
Speaker 5: Yeah I love that.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 5: We'll find out after.
Speaker 6: This from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 1: Also on YouTube, check out the kfe and YouTube channel for videos in depth takes, initials and password games, my Ugly Face, more behind the scenes content and more. Search camfein on YouTube and hit subscribe today. I don't know why Nick Madden put that in the copy.
Speaker 5: That's that's well, I don't know why. You know, Well, maybe you did have talk with him.
Speaker 6: He'll be here in a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, I speak of that. I haven't seen anybody show up. Where's everybody at? Are they playing coy? No?
Speaker 4: They're rolling at eight o'clock, you know, like quarterfinals, we get in.
Speaker 6: People are ela. It's like, let's we haven't seen you.
Speaker 3: Maybe in a year.
Speaker 4: Let's let's catch up. Let's talk for the semis. You know your Kelsey Cook or some you know, big Netflix star. Sure show up early. Everybody else can roll in right before the game. We got Mark to talk to you, right. We got parishes as funny as Kelsey.
Speaker 1: Plus, we got to keep Sweatburg and Tatum away from each other.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got contents last time.
Speaker 5: I remember this. Yeah, yeah, can she beat him again on the power trip? I did buy. It's over, guys, not just the joint practices, but training camp. It's over, Johnny.
Speaker 2: Here's Ko on yesterday's second team what I just call it joint practice and.
Speaker 5: Looking forward to the end of training camp.
Speaker 11: It's great to just get, you know, different techniques to play against, different looks for our defense, different ways of trying to you know, play the game. And then maybe they get from us great work for our preparation. I thought, you know, they're a really good football team. Physical, you know, you can see they're put together a really good roster. It's great work for our whole, entire, whole entire team. That's proud of the way our players competed, you know it. You know, there's kind of we've we've done enough of these now to know exactly what the what the expectations are in the standards, and it can rise to a level intensity that I think is really really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lots of intensity on here's Ko a little bit more on what he saw from my our quarterback and him throwing in the two minute drill to our superstar wide receiver JJ.
Speaker 11: We threw a similar concept in twenty four against the Packers at home, kind of versus a similar look. They actually had Justin doubled on the play and it's you know, it gives Justin the chance to.
Speaker 6: Split the double.
Speaker 11: They actually played it kind of outside in the you know, not to get to.
Speaker 6: In the weeds.
Speaker 11: Normally that when we line up Justin inside, it's more of an inside out double. And he did a great job kind of just holding his speed and setting a good angle. Thought it was a great We kind of lost late on a little interior game there and Kyler drifted off the spot and just the touch. You know, it was kind of a weird location in the field. I think we're kind of plus thirty five or something. I don't know exactly where we were, but no huddle, call him to get it, orchestrated with the clock run in there, got the drill off with a screen to start, you know with get a positive play and then to later we're in the end zone zone.
Speaker 6: So there you go.
Speaker 2: A good stuff yesterday, better stuff from our offense yesterday. A couple of things that I've read about practices yesterday. That also made me feel good for the second in a row. Jordan Mason looking like he is just on another level this year. That'll be great for us offensive line pushing people around yesterday, which is good. But as we go to our reporter, Paul Stanley from The Athletic also known as alec lewis.
Speaker 5: Talking about the one player we're all very very excited to hear about coming into his own and that would be Dallas Turner for.
Speaker 8: The second straight day in joint practices against the Baltimore Ravens. Turner turnstile Pro Bowl tackle Ronnie Stanley. His lengthy arms caused problems, his relentlessness made second efforts effective. His output generated so much noise on one of the practice fields that every now and then and players peered over to see what caused the commotion.
Speaker 5: How about that?
Speaker 6: Can I ask a question?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is that like an option on athletics stories where it can be read to you on anything?
Speaker 5: It's every computer now has it?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: You highlight something right click and then hit speaking and to read it to you.
Speaker 6: That lady's a worse reader than I am.
Speaker 5: Impossible.
Speaker 6: That was not a lady, that was Paul Stanley from Kiss.
Speaker 5: I don't know why you called him curls.
Speaker 2: Paul continues with Alex Article from the Athletic listen to this crap. So that was that wasn't Paul Stanley. That was me saying, oh crap right there, because my computer blanked the bed. Anyway, basically said uh that everybody's going crazy for Dallas tern but.
Speaker 5: Not just that.
Speaker 2: Also the other kid that I mentioned to you guys, t I d Tirian Ingolis Lanister brilliant is looking great and doing some great things as well. Our defense is gonna be great. But Dallas Turner becoming the player we hoped he would be. I mean, we took a chance getting rid of Grenard, but Brian Flores ain't done. He knew he had something in Dallas Turner. It's starting to happen, ladies and gentlemen. Dallas Turner could be our LT.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he's not talking just on the field.
Speaker 4: Okay, he might have just made the preposterous statement tournament, but then you said Larry Turner, and now that's that's very possible. All right, repeat take but look we're talking boy Kings football. Dallas Turner last year game log zero sacks, one sack, the zero zero zero half a sack, zero zero zero.
Speaker 6: That's not a great start. Then he hit his stride right.
Speaker 4: Three straight games he goes one sack, one sack, two sacks. Then the five games at the end where we won a bunch of games where we weren't didn't matter because we were like out, but like we kept winning zero zero zero, half a sack, two sacks. So he finished with eight eight solid. Right, that's solid. It's it's not Miles Garrett. It's not those kind of guds whatever. Fright that stretch though, where he goes one, one, and two, it wasn't just like that, all right, he got four sacks in three games. He did seem to be everywhere for like a month and change where he just was really disruptive and he was a force. And that's when everybody was saying, this is the breakout. He's finally figured it out. Look at the difference he was talking more in the locker room. It looked different. It looked like he had figured it out. Now, what I've been saying since that month is that looked awesome. That's still a really small sample size, and like you said Chris to let go a grenard because you're you're going all in on Dallas Turner.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of pressure. He hasn't done it for an extended period of time. That doesn't mean he can't do it, but man, he has a pretty high bar this year because they're expecting a ton out of him because they think that was not a fluke.
Speaker 4: They don't think that was a mirage. You got to do that for seventeen games, though, not a month. Don't look dominant for a month. You got to look dominant for four months. That's not easy to do. We'll see if he can do it.
Speaker 5: He looks more, he looks like a different version of himself. He's huge now.
Speaker 9: Mark.
Speaker 5: I don't know about your early career in the NHL, but did you have a moment where you were like, oh, I can do this now, Because that's what it felt like watching him in the locker room last year. Mark.
Speaker 2: You could see him becoming willing to talk to the press because he was feeling good.
Speaker 5: About where he was as a player.
Speaker 7: You can and I love to hear that because you can tell, like from when a guy just finds that confidence where he belongs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it does. It takes time.
Speaker 7: Everybody's a little different, takes however long it takes them to adjust to the game. But like, yeah, when you're saying like he's talking in the locker room and he's not just the the media, but if he's being more vocal in the room around all the veterans, that's a that's a big time sign that he's he's ready to go. He understands that he's part of that team. He understands what he can bring to that team.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's almost like you're the first round draft pick. People are expecting big things from you, and now you're you're in the locker room after a game and you played four snaps and you didn't play well in all of them. You don't want to talk to the press, No, But when you're out there and you got the shot, and you played a whole game and you did some good things, let's talk.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about it.
Speaker 6: I have us fun to see.
Speaker 2: This is one sentence from that article. I'm going to let Paul Stanley read it to you, but I think this might be the most important.
Speaker 5: Part of the entire article. Paul, Paul, what you My computer's not cooperating. I'm sorry one of us.
Speaker 2: Okay, he said, Turner showing was perhaps the most important storyline of these joint practices, at least among those unrelated.
Speaker 5: To the quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: So how that's a huge statement out a few days of playing against a very good AFC squad.
Speaker 6: With Trey Hendrickson exactly.
Speaker 2: That storyline is the one that Alex Smith points out as maybe the most important outside of the quarterbacks.
Speaker 5: I love it, man, That's huge. That's huge for this team.
Speaker 6: It's huge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is because the issue, though is they don't have a lot of depth behind that position. Yeah, they might add something, but like von Miller signed with the Cowboys, who's the other It doesn't matter. But like there, but if you can get nine to ten plus sacks from Dallas Turner, that will help immensely.
Speaker 4: Well you say eight and a half plus, because yesterday you tweeted I was one hundred wrong about Dallas Turner.
Speaker 6: He will have eight and a half plus sacks this season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I stand by that. He the first couple of years he just looked lost. He looked like the game was too quick for him. And all the people that had his back would say, but he's twenty one. Yeah, Jared Verse, who was dominating for the Rams, is like three years older than he was, and then he started to like he is finally he's twenty three now, like he's finally kind of figured it out and I was dead wrong.
Speaker 5: About Well, good for you. I'm glad you mentioned that you wrong.
Speaker 3: I thought he would He looked like a bus the first couple of games and then this is some kind of bust last year.
Speaker 6: It's very impressive.
Speaker 3: He made that that the sack he had against Caleb Williams in that Monday night Chicago game outstanding.
Speaker 6: He's got the talent, man, and he's going to put it together.
Speaker 2: As Ben mentioned, there's some things he does that aren't going to be in the stats that are going to make other people look good too, and that's huge. Hey, speaking of admitting you were wrong, listen to this, Marco. This is this is pretty cool. This is from Bring Me the News dot com. The headline reads as Fellows Kevin O'Connell admits he thought about he's thought about the Vikings passing on Kyle Hamilton in twenty twenty two. Now, if you don't know what I'm talking about, here's the story. Watching the Baltimore Ravens of the past two days of joining practice at the Vikings TCO performed center, it was hard not to not his number fourteen. Kyle Hamilton, the rangey six foot four safety, is always around the ball, whether he's firing downhill from near the line of scrimmager or covering the receiver down the field. Just twenty five years old, Hamilton's been an all prone each of his last three seasons, including two first team selections. The Vikings could have had him heading into the twenty twenty two draft, the first under head coach Kevin O'Connell and Quaisio Difomenza. Safety was among the Vikings obvious needs. Harrison Smith was aging a bed and Cameron Bidham hadn't proven himself yet. The Vikings held the number twelve pick, and when their slot came up, Hamilton was on the board, But instead of picking the notre name star Koisy Defamnsa made a now infamous decision that still defines his tenure in the Vikings.
Speaker 5: What did he do, Saucy?
Speaker 3: He traded back, didn't get the amount he should have gotten, and took Lewis Seene, who is out of the league or maybe on a practice squad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he traded from twelve to thirty two in a deal with the Lions. Hamilton went to Baltimore at fourteen, and of course Lewis Sene broke his leg, and even before that wasn't doing much.
Speaker 4: So I can think about what with saus has said and Hawk said when they combined the two forces. You traded in the division for a worst player, leaving an unbelievable player on the board, and you didn't get the proper compensation. That's like literally going over for four you trade in the division, you have to be right. Oh he was wrong, like on three different accounts, like three different ways he missed.
Speaker 3: And that was Jamison Williams. Correct, is that the Jamison Williams. So, I mean just nothing went right in that trade. There was no part of that trade that was good, not one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just well.
Speaker 4: In fact, Sauce said fourteen hours ago on Twitter, biggest whiff in Viking's draft history. And then he got into an argument with a guy named Alexander.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but sometimes I let it die.
Speaker 3: But like there have been some people in good pal of mine that's working on one of them. We said, some really awful things to me. So once in a while, I'm like, but you move back in the division, you don't get a first. If you're gonna move twenty spots in the first round, you gotta get future first.
Speaker 6: Correct.
Speaker 3: That's ridiculous, especially with the division team, when at the time you could have also used Williams who Jamison Williams who went to you also passed on Jordan Davis who's a monster for the Eagles, and you go back, you don't get the right amount of draft picks, and then you take a kid who I know he had the injury.
Speaker 6: He wasn't cracking the starting lineup before he got hurt. But it's a major whip.
Speaker 2: He was a starter and the captain of the defense in Georgia. Yeah it is.
Speaker 6: But you're right, I get you, you can't.
Speaker 3: But my whole point on the Kyle Hamilton thing is, how can you watch Kyle Hamilton if you need a safety, how can you watch Kyle Hamilton play? Who people were saying before the draft he's the best player in the draft in a draft that included some very good players, and you passed.
Speaker 6: Well, this is this.
Speaker 4: Is I'm not trying to throw anybody into the bus because I don't know who's still there and who isn't. But that's not just crazy, right, that means somebody one of the scouts completely whift maybe multiple scouts. Yeah, yeah, I just thought that the gap between Hamilton and Lewisen wasn't as big as the rest of us.
Speaker 5: But well, I was there yesterday.
Speaker 2: You guys weren't there yesterday, but Tennebe was there yesterday. Did in fact Dallas Turner pop when you were watching yesterday from the booth?
Speaker 12: It's hard to know because the defense, first team defense is on the other side of the field, and I don't have Pia's binocular so we kind of just paid attention to Kyler and our Psyche that was right up close. Yeah, so I didn't really see a whole lot of Dallas. I have one observation from the show from earlier today, though, Please go on.
Speaker 6: You guys are.
Speaker 12: Talking earlier about the the guy from the Sopranos, Yeah that you know, he's an actor. It was offered three million, you know, basically, HBO paid him three million dollars not to play, not to yes, and then Mark Parish chimes in, he goes, I wish someone would pay me lots of money to go away, and I'm thinking to myself.
Speaker 6: The Minnesota wild literally did that. That was his joke.
Speaker 3: That was a joke to the people who don't understand sarcasm.
Speaker 6: Yeah, him and your mom.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well it was just like awkward, dead eraffortim like, what's going on?
Speaker 6: No, we smiled. I got a couple of giggles. Well, good joke, don Mark, thank you, Thank you, Tenna. Just try not to make the preposter statement.
Speaker 4: One other Vikings related question, because you're right the joint practice yesterday Tennessee. Who who was the dude you in common were talking about that, that like six or five guy with.
Speaker 6: The knee problem?
Speaker 4: Guards he Who was the guy you guys talked most of the show about him?
Speaker 6: Who was that? Yeah, Mark Rosen, Oh that's a Viking.
Speaker 3: No oh, Because it seemed like his knee problem was significant item.
Speaker 6: He had to take the cart off the off the field though the cargoes realiant crazy the other day when we were out there, did not take No, he walked all the way back. Yeah. Yeah, he doesn't have legs. I don't know if you guys know that. I noticed. Do you know anyone who's gottennee surgery Hawk.
Speaker 5: I've met a couple of people. Yeah interested, yep.
Speaker 6: Will you tell ten of that directly? Can't wait.
Speaker 4: We'll do a fan five after this, and then fifteen minutes from now, Brandon Maleski takes on Tatum Everett, zach Alberson and Greg Sweatberg and semi final number one of the Initials Invitational for twenty twenty six and one of you listeners gets a crag at one hundred and twenty two THO five hundred dollars one twenty two five with the Saint Paul.
Speaker 6: Federal Credit Union Initials Jack Bought. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the Fan from the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by GenZ Ryan Heating Cooling