Speaker 1: And rock.
Speaker 2: We have three hours to talk about what happened at Bay Court Stadium yesterday.
Speaker 3: What we do, what we do, and plenty of time to hash that all out, and there's a lot to hash out. But we're right now. We're waiting on Corey Bowman. He's supposed to be joining us right now. The talk obviously look a huge election, right and the biggest thing on the ballot is safety, right. I mean, in our great city downtown July twenty sixth, the event that got some major national headlines, two people beaten within an inch of their life and a subsequent cover up by by city hall. You know, multiple people shot on Fountain Square a couple of weeks ago, and then just last night had seven people shot in Cincinnati. There was a time where you're like where that was like, oh my god, like breaking news. Everyone stopped. And now I hate to say it, but it's almost like, oh, it's kind of what's expected. Yeah, sixty ninth and Vine, like around Carthage someone was shot around one thirty two people shot in a speedway down the road. Oh tr there or four people seven people shot in Cincinnati. So again there's there's no question what's on the ballot here this year, and it is I think people are clamoring for public safety for people that the people that just want to go downtown, of course, the people that live there, that the businesses that are down there that are singing folks stay home more and more and more because they don't want to deal with the mess that's downtown, right, And that's that's kind of where we are.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what gets me, man, is that it used to be yeah, yeah, your your punk stuff, you know, your punky kid behavior, blah blah blah, vandalism, Maybe maybe somebody would rough you up and try to take your wallet or whatnot. But now everybody's getting shot, getting shot. It's a big, big problem. And a guy that's hoping to do something about it joined us right now. His name is Corey Bowman and he is running for mayor of our great city. Corey, welcome to the program.
Speaker 3: How are you.
Speaker 4: Doing great?
Speaker 5: Thank you guys so much for having me.
Speaker 3: Very good. And we were just giving a rundown while we were grabbing you, Corey. I mean, I mean, this is becoming like an everyday thing. You look, last night, seven people shot in Cincinnati. It's becoming we're almost numb to it. I hate to say, you know it was nowhere we should be, but seven people shot last night. We had the violence that happened in late July, and it's been an ongoing thing down there. What is I guess what is your reaction? Your response when you see this time and time again.
Speaker 5: Well, I think exactly what you just said, We've become numb to it. There are certain comments that I've seen, even on social media, that they'll just accept it, and they say, well, this happens in every city. Crime just happens. I don't believe that that should be the case. I believe that we can do better as a city. And one thing that I've been doing ever since the wee can happen is being on the own call with public safety representatives from the state trying.
Speaker 3: To get a handle on why we're not.
Speaker 5: Accepting the full package from the state, from the Ohio State Patrol to be able to keep our streets safe. And to be honest with you, it's very just frustrating the information I'm getting to be able to know that we're not taking advantage of everything that we can to keep our streets safe.
Speaker 3: So Corey, again, these instances people see them that this is not like you can't hide them, and people are aware of it, you know, thankfully because of social media helps that out. But when you say, you know, the state and even the federal government want to help out, but the leaders of our city refuse that help, Well, what do they say, take us through some of those conversations of what's going on? What's their justification for not wanting help on something that is clearly a problem. Everybody knows it.
Speaker 5: Well, I think so a lot from a federal level, a lot of people are trying to say that, hey, we're calling in the national guard. We don't have violent riots on our streets right now. I believe that the city run properly, can manage the crime of itself. But this is a thing that is most important in the short term right now, is that we are twenty percent understaffed as a police department. Not only are we twenty percent understaff, but from city hall, they haven't over the course of the four years of this past administration, they haven't been able to be free to do their job to enforce the low level crimes, which actually de escalate everything to the high level crimes. And then obviously we've talked about the judges, how we have to put pressure on the judges to hold criminals accountable. But when the Ohio State Patrolled comes in with the package that they are offering openly to the city, what it does is that they have the ability of bringing all of our complement levels up. What that means is that if we have eight hundred officers on the streets and we need a thousand, that that brings it up to that thousand. On top of that, we have helicopter, We have everything available to us. The nights that osp Ohio State Patrol is able to help us, we see a decrease in crime and we see criminals taking off the street. So we have the ability of requesting that anytime, and I believe that we need administration that thinks proactively. So I'm sitting there thinking, you have Halloween, a holiday weekend on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday, which you have a home game of a Bengals game. You have a lot of things going on in the city. That would be the time where I think you need to accept help from the state to make sure our streets are safe. I talk with the public safety representatives and they are saying that there was no help requested and basically everybody was left to themselves on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and we had shops fired and victims every night on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Speaker 2: So we're talking to Corey Bowman and Corey why wouldn't the administration accept this kind of help because I have heard this said before and I don't get it at all. There's an obvious need.
Speaker 5: Well, I believe so when you look at other cities, what the representatives are telling me is that when they go to Cleveland, when they go to Columbus, when they go to any of these other cities, they get welcomed with open arms and they're able to see massive results. I'm talking about like seventeen twenty thirty arrests, people getting off the streets. But then whenever they come to Cincinnati, they are told that they have to go through so many hoops to be able to help the officers on our streets. And I believe that is coming from the mayor and the city manager's office that don't want to allow this help to be on our streets to the fullest of its capacity because they're playing political games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's no secret. And I say this all the time, Corey, like everyone knows how to get the violence under control, and that is you got to enforce laws. You got to have the presence of people to be able to willingly do that. And you look at Nashville, all right, they're on track for their lowest murders in sixty years. Okay, Why, well, you can point directly to the fact that they've added forty million dollars to the police budget. They hired two hundred and fifty new police officers. And guess what crime goes down that This is not hard to figure out. Why can't we seem to get this here here in the city. And what do you think you can do as mayor to help help solve this?
Speaker 5: Well, you got to take the politics out. You've got to take these culture wars out, you got to take this social agendas out, and you've got to show people that when it comes to our streets being safe, that affects every community, that affects every family, that affects every child, and the majority of crime is being done by a very small amount of people. And so when we have the officers on the streets, not only to take the high level crimes, but as they are able to de escalate, approach properly, and be able to do their job, and they're not willing to do that right now because they don't believe they have the full backing of city Hall. So I think that that's the biggest thing about Cincinnati. Cincinnati needs leadership at the top that is going to be tough on crime. We talked about lateral hiring over the summer. They tried to hire cops. We did not see a good response when it came to the lateral hiring because nobody wants to work for the police department that's under this current administration. And so if you have strong leadership up top, the lateral hiring is going to go through the route because they're going to know that Cincinnati PD is held to the standard and they want to work for the leadership that is at city Hall. On top of that, you've got to be able to put pressure, I've said it before.
Speaker 6: On the judges.
Speaker 5: The judges need to realize that this catch and release policy is not working for our city. We've got to hold the criminals accountable because the majority of these crimes are being done by repeat offenders.
Speaker 3: So that's what you're saying is even if there's people that would be willing to become police officers and get involved, but they're they're reluctant. They don't want to do it because they know they're not going to be supported from the top down. They know that they're going to be you know, criticized at every turn. Did they do this right? Did they do that right? There's not a universal message coming from city all down of the number one thing we got to do is stop crime and that means having consequences for people to break the law. That that message has never been uttered by a f tap heer of all or anybody down there. That has never been said of, hey, we got to have a universal thought here, if you break the law, you're going to be punished. And so yeah, anybody that wants to sign up as to be a police officer that they don't want to because they know they're not going to get supported. They know if they do arrest someone, they're going to go to it in front of a jud just going to let them write out. It's a it's a huge problem. It really is a pervasive, huge problem. But I think it all starts with the mentality of city Hall. And that's what's just so corrosive right now.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, and this is another thing that people need to be aware of. Right now, we're twenty percent understaffed. You have probably about eighty to ninety officers that are going to be eligible for retirement next year. Now, this is how it happens in the police department is that when they hit early, when they hit the opportunity to retire, the majority of officers they want to continue on working because their pension gets filled up even more, the pay is good, and then also they get a chance to continue on doing their job properly. It's called taking the drop. Right we have eighty to ninety officers that most likely the majority of them won't take the drop. They'll elect to retire early because they don't want to deal with the consequences of what's going on in the police department right now. And that's not trying to bad talk the police officers that are currently working. They're working their butts off. They want to protect and serve, but the conditions are unbearable right now.
Speaker 2: Well, and we're talking to Corey Bowman and guys. When you see the mayor and the situation that's going on, with the police chief right now, why would somebody want to become a cop? Why would you It's like getting higher. I don't care what job it is. If you hear that the management situation is a mess, why do you want to work there?
Speaker 5: No, that's exactly true. And then let's look at what's happened with Chief Fiji, because we've always felt a lot of people called for the resignation of the firing of police Chief Tigi, but we always felt that this is coming from the top down. Now with all the litigation being exposed, we're seeing that they handcuffed her hands as well. But then when they don't see the results that they want to see based on their policies, they're going to use her as a scapegoat to justify them being able to continue on as normal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, she's a scapegoat here. Let's blame her. Even though there's never been one message, there's no correspondence, No lawyer will ever find a document, a transcript, can't call anything of the mayor or anybody at city Hall calling Chief DJ say listen, damn it, you gotta start cracking down more. I need more cops on the streets. I need tougher policies and more action. You'll never You'll never find that. And and I would say, Corey, whoever the next mayor is, that's the number one thing that's got to happen. I mean, that's the figurehead, that's the one that's the ultimate message, the CEO is. It's got to come down from that person. Until that happens, I think we're gonna be, you know, kind of where we are. Well, Corey, listen, we're running out of time here, but uh but I know we've got a big election coming up here tomorrow. Just you know, I how are things looking campaign wise? And what can folks do if they want to, I guess, get behind and support you.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, I mean obviously, like it seems it's very late in the game too, But if you go to Coreybowman dot com, every little bit helps, the donate button actually goes in within one day. And so for us, every fund right now is going toward more and going toward more exposure. But we've got one day left until this critical election. We have to get out and vote. And what I would say to any potential voter that's listening right now is that we have done our homework. We know what it's going to take to bring public safety to number one at city Hall. And I would encourage people if you haven't voted in the past because you don't believe candidates are on the ballot that actually represent you. There are twenty seven city council candidates. Many of them are great choices, and you have a choice for mayor Cincinnati that is going to fight for public safety. It's going to fight for the infrastructure, and it's going to be fighting for the budget to be restored to what it needs to be.
Speaker 6: And that's with Corey Bowman.
Speaker 5: I would encourage people get out and vote if you haven't voted in previous elections, and get out and vote tomorrow. And then for those that are maybe on the fence politically. We're not running this on national politics. These aren't red or blue issues. These are right and wrong issues. And I'm telling people vote outside your comfort zone. Got that from a friend of mine that say that all the time. We have to be willing to vote outside our comfort zone if we want to be able to actually see the results that our city needs.
Speaker 2: All Right, with that, Corey Moowman, we will let you go take care.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 5: All so much for having me.
Speaker 3: Look, Corey, thank you.
Speaker 2: The elections tomorrow, see how that plays out.
Speaker 3: That's it, big, big, it's a big one.
Speaker 2: With that, we check in with traffic and what is going.
Speaker 7: On from the UC Health Traffic Center. The Lung Cancer Rapid Access Program at the UC Cancer Center is built to give you a care plan fast. You can meet with the specials in just two days five one, three, five eight five U seee se se well. The Ronald Reagan Highway accident still has the roadway shut down between seventy five and Plainfield. This is eastbound on Ronald Reagan Highway. Carna semi tangled up Burlinger Man. Seventy five northbound off amp to eastbound Ronald Reagan is shut down. That exit ramp closed. Cruise on the scene. The cleanup and investigation continue seventy five northbound of town. This accident has so downs back to Mitchell and we're looking at a wedding at Section Road and Mitchell at Vine with an accident. Also Montgomery at Norwood Avenue crash. Now, the long term work on seventy five southbound Ronder ringg and Highway to Norwood lateral is in place. We've got traffic sewing through that area as well by Rick Shrep News Radio seven hundred double do WELW the.
Speaker 2: Forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center forward and I partly cloudy thirty four for tomorrow, partly cloudy in sixty two. It is fifty eight Now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: For nearly a decade, he was the voice of sports Radio in Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: Welcome to sports Talk. It's my final night here officially as the host of Sports.
Speaker 9: Talk Bob Trumpy.
Speaker 4: I met what I said. I didn't make anything.
Speaker 9: Out a Bengal grate and a broadcasting icon.
Speaker 10: My broadcast career. I didn't know where it was going. I didn't know how it was going to unfold, but my whole outlook on broadcasting changed for the positive.
Speaker 9: We will miss our friend, Bob Trumpet.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed every minute.
Speaker 9: Seven hundred W l W.
Speaker 11: This report is sponsored by Miami Valley Gaming.
Speaker 3: Game Where iconic than this got this day in history ED nineteen ninety the world was introduced to the Iceman. One of my favorite stories about this song is Brian may Right, Queen's guitarist, who was the original riff of this. Of course is under Pressure with you Bryan Bowie and Brian May. Apparently was at a like a club in this version of the song came on. He walks up the DJ and ghost tell was this, like what is this song? And the guy goes the DJ goes, it's the number one song in America. A guy he's like, oh, let me call my lawyers.
Speaker 2: Well, and then the story, you know, the story after that when Ice was on like uh MTV or something, he goes, no, they're not the same at all.
Speaker 3: We should pull that. We should definitely pull that. Yeah, it's the best. It's not the it's not the same lick.
Speaker 2: It's like, there's goes.
Speaker 3: It's not the same song. Yeah. So the track was initially released as the B side to his cover of Play That Funky Music, which actually was he did a good cover of that song because I had the CD, and of course became the A side after DJ started playing the song all over the place. So he's like wildly successful. Now he's got like TV shows and it's like, what the hell, well, good look man, I feel like he went I mean, and good for him. Man, there's nothing like more than people who fight and fight and fight and just somehow end up on top because he was like he went from like the most like kind of oddly revered guy in like nineteen ninety then to like there's no bigger joke on planet Earth than Vanilla Ice to now he's like respected, you know what I mean. And because he you know, he didn't just you know, turn into a total clown and made something of himself and he's doing.
Speaker 2: All right, Hey, look he's found his niche man didn't. Uh. That's funny though, but it's true to go from like you're saying, just hard scrabble, make it, make it work for you. That went away. Now, Okay, what can I do?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: I could fix house? I can you know I can work on houses. Give me a TV show?
Speaker 3: Well, and he knew most of all he was he was a personality. He was an entertainer, you know, and how else would he pull off the gangster white rapper thing. He's an entertainer. He knows how to act. Well, you know he did.
Speaker 2: And you see some of these other people who were on whatever some of those show is like, what's the one where there the so called celebrities or they make him do special forces drills or something like that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Or celebrity big brother crap like that. Yeah, I think he did that for a little while, but you know he's made something of him.
Speaker 3: So guys own show. But I'm telling I know you don't like that song. That song hits. I do like that song. It's a guilty pleasure of mine. I like. I would say my dad, who's probably never listened to a full rap song in his entire life, would go, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's Ice Ice baby right.
Speaker 3: It was that pervasive culturally of a of a song and has been forever that everybody knows that song hate rap.
Speaker 2: Hey, look if I've still been going to skate to a skating rink when that stuck came out, I guarantee you I'd have been skating around to that one. Uh, let's talk to Justin and Fairborne. Hey, Justin, what do you got on Vanilla Ice?
Speaker 12: So so, I think there's a more to a story. Like I heard a story that should Knight threatened and extorted Vanilla Ice out of the right Set song by holding by the neck over a balcony until he gave up the right Step song.
Speaker 5: I don't know whether it's true or not.
Speaker 3: I've heard that same thing. I thought. He held him from like his foot and dangled him over the over the ledge and yeah, it was so good. And I forget what it was. Yeah, it was either rights to the song or wanted him to sign with death Row. I forget. But that was another, again, very iconic interaction between two power brokers of the hip hop world.
Speaker 2: Remember solely, this is my weekend. Yeah, Commando said, you were gonna you were going to job me. I anyway, the Commando callback.
Speaker 3: That's your favorite movie.
Speaker 2: But I love that movie. I'm not kidding you. I can watch that I bet you I've seen it twenty times. I can watch it twenty more and not even break us away.
Speaker 3: It always it always comes through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it's just you got to pick out the little nu once. I tried to. I tried to count one time how many people that Arnold kills in that movie, and it's it's nearly impossible, right everyone, well, really legit everyone. And I think he gets like a scratch or something. I mean he's kind of heard in it. Yeah, but people are dying right and left, and or he just go.
Speaker 3: I mean, as you know, a seven year old kid when he goes in the military outfit store and he just starts grabbing this gun and that gun in this grenade launcher whatever it was, right?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and uh, well that's what I want to know. Where that military's supply shop. Obviously it's in LA but I.
Speaker 3: Was saying correctly. It wasn't like it was like a like a shop, yeah in La. Right, Yeah, that has a rocket launchers.
Speaker 2: But somehow or another he knew the code to the secret back room where they have rocket launchers and grenades.
Speaker 3: And what's his name in that movie?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 3: Oh crap, god, some of the c.
Speaker 2: No, it's I want to say Falcon, but it's not Falcon.
Speaker 9: Okay, now, just.
Speaker 2: Because I'm trying to remember the Australian guy talking to him, John John John. But what's his last name?
Speaker 4: I forget.
Speaker 3: I can't find it right now anyway. But yeah, that's that's a movie, hits man. See that's had a young Alyssa Milano in it before she lost her way.
Speaker 2: Yeah she was, she was just a little kid. Yeah, and uh but I we need to bring back that do that topic again sometime. Movies that you can watch over and over again. It was last night we were bored, just sitting around and I put on Dodgeball. I can watch that movie over and over again.
Speaker 3: It's funny because because I've put that one, I usually put something on the fall asleep too. I'll make it five minutes us. But yeah, I've been putting it on last two nights, just you know, just to kind of kind of have it.
Speaker 2: Well, what's funny is I got about a half hour into it and I fell asleep.
Speaker 3: Yeah. By the way, his arnold's name and commander is John Matrix.
Speaker 2: Matrix, I got what a what a just a solid badass red Blood in America.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, John Matrix.
Speaker 2: Let's talk to Bill and Union. Hey Bill, what do you got on Vanilla eyes?
Speaker 8: Yo?
Speaker 2: Jump Bill?
Speaker 1: Bill?
Speaker 2: Bill's yeah, Bill ain't there. Let's talk to Jim and Crittenden. What's going on? Jim Critden knows all about the thought it was Crittina But at Cincinnati, Jim, what's going on? Buddy?
Speaker 5: Damn movie? You're a thing that's commando?
Speaker 3: Well yeah, we knew that we were. We couldn't think of our olds like character's name, and we franced John Matrix.
Speaker 13: Didn't marry killed everybody anyway?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, uh with that, we check in with traffic and weather.
Speaker 9: What's going on.
Speaker 7: From the UC Health Traffic Center. The Lung Cancer Rapid Access Program, a UC cancer center is built to give you a care playing fast and you can meet with a specialist in just two days called five one, three, five eight five U see see see still have Ronald Reagan Highway shut down the eastbound between seventy five and playing Field because of that earlier accident. The exit ramp seventy five northbound, the off Rampty eastbound Ronald Reagan is closed as well. Seventy five north A bout of gold breadth traffic is stopped and go from Mitchell with an accident and we picked up a crash seventy five southbound on the Collector ramp to Donaldson. That's where we've got police on the scene. The left lane is blocked here seventy one northbound Filling and Smith edwards the Breadbank and seventy five heavy southbound Asir Charles to the Brent Spence Bridge and seventy five southbound O. Reagan Highway to Norwood. Latteral about a five minute drive. My Brick Shrimp News Radio seven hundred WTLW.
Speaker 2: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW Weather Center Ford at I partly cloudy thirty four for tomorrow, partly cloudy in sixty two it is fifty eight Now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: This report is sponsored by Ohio Secretary of State.
Speaker 14: Ohio's election is November fourth, and you have three convenient ways to vote early in person voting, absentee voting, and voting on election day. Find everything you need at votohio dot gov.
Speaker 2: So what if you could up to five hundred thousand dollars in cash out of your home right now and drop your mortgage rate to four point nine n ap rock When it's dark when we drive home from work, that's six o'clock.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's it man, it's daylight saving. Now did it mess you up? Did you? Is your not rhythms all at a whack?
Speaker 2: No, it's like a toy dev's.
Speaker 3: Hormones and they all all out of killed her.
Speaker 2: She's her home been whacked for twenty years.
Speaker 6: Dude.
Speaker 2: Come on now, But now I told you I got a great night's sleep and still woke up at like six o'clock yesterday when it felt great.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, So the other way is harder.
Speaker 2: I hate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's yeah, that one's a little a little different.
Speaker 2: Let's uh, we're talking vanilla ice for whatever reason?
Speaker 3: Was it ninete this day in history nineteen ninety Ice Ice Baby became the first to wrap record to top the US singles chart.
Speaker 2: Let's take to Mike and Moore Parensburg about it, and Mike, what do you got on Vanilla Ice?
Speaker 9: I'm just thinking a Ford got a boost because.
Speaker 15: You know how many white Mustangs five point oho was driving around that year?
Speaker 4: There was a ton of them.
Speaker 3: That's right rolling in my five point zero. Yeah, down, so my hair can blow The girl he's on standby waving just to say, Hi, did you stop? I just drove by. I can do this all day yet all day don't.
Speaker 2: Let's let's start to Dan Downtown. Hey, Dan, what do you have on Vanilla Ice?
Speaker 1: I saw the Iceman at a Newport on the Levee party on the river.
Speaker 4: He was the.
Speaker 1: Headliner and Rocky I don't know if you notice that he was in the heavy metal for a while, and he all these baby burmers came down to see him saying Ice I staated and he's sang that as his lead song. And then he announced that he was into new music. And he did a whole set of heavy metal music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he did Ice Ice Baby to a Metal Remember him doing that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the entire crowd cleared out. They were they weren't there to see that, but uh, I thought it was an interesting part of his musical.
Speaker 3: Career, interesting to say the least. See.
Speaker 2: Uh, no Ice to me was the bon Jovi of ramp.
Speaker 3: Now wait a minute, now, now, now you're making it personal. You're you're you're trying to upset me. How is he the bon Jovi of rap?
Speaker 2: Everybody knows who he is, but nobody cares.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Wow, we just talked about everybody cares about the iceman. He's loved, revered.
Speaker 2: Uh I got it. You gotta lie, was so said. I don't have a soft spot in my however, bon Jovi. I do Ice though, just because like we were talking, he's a scrapper. He's made to work for him.
Speaker 3: You know that was cold head fingers, That was cold well like ice ice, that's it. If you can't take the heat, get out of.
Speaker 2: The kiss, roll it in your five point I got a.
Speaker 3: Dude with my rag tough down so my hair can blow ahead.
Speaker 2: Now did the did that get you heavy with the Chicks back then? Or what was the again?
Speaker 3: I mean when I came out in nineteen ninety when it was huge, and it was huge for like two years. I mean I was ten eleven years old, so I wasn't really in the Chicks at that point. I thought was a good song.
Speaker 2: Yeah did you have the hair?
Speaker 3: Because it was right about the time that came out. And then Can't Touch This by mc Hammer, Like those two albums came out around the same time and were that was kind of the mainstream hip hop explosion and that led to those low cross pants that EMC Hammer wore and sure you know the yeah you know white dudes were had the high top hairdo like Vanilla Ice.
Speaker 2: And I was going to ask you did you have that? Because I can't really see Mighty Mike Boy letting you rock that hair.
Speaker 3: Dude wasn't going to have that. Or if I asked for the hammer pants, that wasn't That wasn't gonna go down on the West Side Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: I can see you strolling onto the campus of SADEX with your hammer pants and your kid and play hairdo going on, uh like like ice Man, that goes so cool.
Speaker 3: So now I'll tell you what though, Like in reality, the dude could really really dance, like you know, if you're into that thing or not, Like like the dude could absolutely. I mean there's you know, videos see all the time of him, like you know, back in the day, and the dude could just do it.
Speaker 2: He could move. What don't he like one of the uh.
Speaker 3: Like a backup dancer or something.
Speaker 2: I thought, No, I wouldn't. I thought when he was a kid he did that. What he had I don't even know, break dancing, throw down some cardboard and spin on your head. Was he one of those guys?
Speaker 3: I thought?
Speaker 2: I thought maybe he was.
Speaker 3: He was, Okay, he's you know, he's fifty eight years old now, yeah, Texas Texas guy about that? And uh, well, I don't know if he was.
Speaker 2: I know he was in like like dirt bikes and stuff real big too, remember that, Like that was that was part of his thing. See I and I got buy me. But I stand by my bon Jovi comparison, uh musically, not personally because John boud Jovi, I'm sure he's a very nice man.
Speaker 3: Which is always what you say about a guy you don't like.
Speaker 16: But I.
Speaker 3: Don't care, Oh gosh.
Speaker 2: Not caring anymore? Are you to that point? We're gonna be talking about your Cincinnati Bengals after the news right now, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: News, Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 17: Zach Taylor, the loss to the Bears is the four o'clock report.
Speaker 3: I'm Matt Reese breaking now.
Speaker 18: We're always spent every single waking moment is trying to find a solution to play better and be able to go win games.
Speaker 19: And that's that's where we're going to continue.
Speaker 17: To Bengals head coach Zach Taylor. The day after the embarrassing loss of the Bears forty seven to forty two, Coach Taylor saying in his news conference afternoon, this cannot be a loss season for the Bengals and need to come out of the bye week rejuvenated and find a way to win.
Speaker 19: We'll just continue to get back to work and keep grinding.
Speaker 6: Do you feel like the solutions are still in this building?
Speaker 19: Absolutely? Absolutely, I do.
Speaker 17: Despite the thirty nine thirty eight loss of the winless that's the week before and yesterday's loss in which the defense could not shut down Chicago coach Taylor vouching for the defense.
Speaker 18: We have great, great conversations. Everyone's on the same page that we just want to win and we wanted to look good when we're winning.
Speaker 17: Bengals three and six, eight games left and the season. Next game is at Pittsburgh on November sixteenth. And we checked the roads now on this Monday afternoon latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 7: From the UC Health Traffic Center, the Lung Cancer Rapid Access Program the UC Cancer Center built to give you a care plan fast meet with a specialist in two days called five one, three, five eight five UCCC. And on Ronald Reagan Highway between seventy five and Plainfield, we have the roadway still shut down because of an earlier accident between a car and a semi that has for seventy five northbound the off ramp to eastbound Ronald Reagan to be shut down as well. We have Gilbert at MLK with a crash and police are there in an accident on the Collector ramp of seventy five southbound the off ram to Donaldson in Kentucky. Now on two seventy five, traffic is sewing at the comb Sale Bridge where was we have the ongoing bridge work and at the Carrol Cropper Bridge two seventy five westbound is seeing delays back to the Petersburg exit in Kentucky. I'm Rich Repners Radio seven hundred, Double D Wall, Double do now.
Speaker 20: The latest forecast from the No Fear Dentist Weather Center advanced dentistry.
Speaker 9: The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you. No Fear Dentist dot com.
Speaker 17: Plus guy SAIDAI dropping down to thirty six mostly sunny tomorrow, fifty nine for the high, partly cloudy tomorrow night, forty eight, sunny, sixty seven on Wednesday, sunny fifty eight on Thursday. No rain in the forecast over the next few days, and our temperature right now in Cincinnati is fifty seven degrees. A name released now the person killed in the wreck that occurred on the Double A Highway near Kentucky seven oh nine in Campbell County, north of Alexandri. She is sixty two year old Shirley Yearie of Falmouth. Police say she was killed after a semi apparently ran a red light and the vehicle that Yurie was driving was hit. Douba was closed for about four hours during the morning rush hour. Elderly woman struck by a vehicle in Price Hill Sunday morning has been identified as seventy two year old Shirley Woods. It's in a marked crosswalk on West eighth and Trenton Avenue. A driver of the vehicle that struck her as eighty two years old. Not known yet whether the driver is going to be charged, but Cincinnati Police did say it does not appear that speeding and impairment played any part. No arrests reported yet. And then mass shooting and over the Rhine over the weekend. It happened near the Privy on Elm nightclub on Elm Street near Findley Street. Four people injured. A gun was found near the scene by a man who contacted Scott Sloan and video that gun has been posted to seven hundred wylubds. Execount Trump administration now on board to partially fund snap benefits as the federal government shutdown continues. A White House says in a court filing today, money will cover fifty percent of what households currently receive. Administrations under court orders to pull the money from emergency funds money for that food assistance program or food stamps dried up over the weekend for about forty two million people, including about one hundred thousand people in Hamilton County. Federal government shutdown also causing more delays at airports because air traffic controllers are working but not being paid and have been calling in sick to work to do other jobs.
Speaker 21: Major delays stacking up at America's airports, and it's far from over at Houston's Bush Intercontinental Airport, with the line for TSA security extending outside the terminal, the airport's saying the wait time for security could exceed three hours.
Speaker 17: Man's ABC's Goobadidez. There are a few minor delays and arriving flights at Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport, another aggravating factor for air travelers East Coast bracing for a storm system moving into the Northeast and mid Atlantic.
Speaker 9: Seven one hundred WLW Sports is.
Speaker 22: A Bengals update bought to you by Good Spirits at Party Town with thirteen locations in Northern Kentucky. Bengals fall to three and six after another excruciating loss. Bengals line tonight at six oh five. Here on seven hundred WLW College basketball opening night Western Carolina the Bearcats six thirty, seven hundred WLW. Marris takes on Xavier at six forty five fifty five krc NKU opens against UC Claremont is six thirty on the Project. Also tonight, Old Dominion in the Miami Bradhawks, Canisius takes on Dayton. It'll be Franklin meeting right State and number eleven Louisville up against South Carolina State Bill Edison seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Sports on Wall Street.
Speaker 17: At the close, the Dow down two hundred and forty six points, SP five hundred up ten nasdek up one hundred and three four oh six. Next news coming up at four thirty matt Reeese News Radio seven hundred wyl double D.
Speaker 11: This report is sponsored by Miami Valley Gaming.
Speaker 23: Get to Miami Valley Gaming is December twenty seven for a chance to win a four one thirty five.
Speaker 14: Must be twenty one Ohio Problem Gambling Hope hundred five eight nine.
Speaker 2: It's got worse that was well, do you see? Unacceptable?
Speaker 24: Is not?
Speaker 3: It hasn't been acceptable And yeah, they give a five hundred and seventy four yards of offense a second straight week they've given over five hundred plus two or eighty three rush yards. Now, you know, if this is Derek Henry in his prime. Sure, if this is you know, some of the great running backs that that are out there, you can say, okay, but that was not the case. DeAndre Swift was out of the game. They're down. Two of their top three running backs are out. Some guy named mona guy who I honestly got fortis clothes, did not know who he was or where he played college before the game started. Like Jim Brown hit one hundred and seventy six yards rushing. And then their third string guy I read this, a guy named Britton Brown was on their practice squad. They literally brought him off the practice squad because two of their top guys were hurt. He's essentially their you know, fourth, fifth, sixth, sixth, sixth string running back. Yeah, and and he runs for He had that twenty two yard touchdown, ran five for thirty seven yards. And it comes down to what we've all seen and know. It's it's it's tackling, it's it's personnel. And yeah, again, just when you think I can't get worse, it does.
Speaker 2: Well that touchdown at the end, I mean just there was zero, uh nothing. They'd run into a guy spin waltz into the end zone yea, and a sprint to the enzone.
Speaker 3: A new thing, like, oh my god, the impossible has happened. We got an on side kick quarterback whose arm is literally dangling from his body, goes down on there and scores a game winning touchdown. We just gotta at some point, don't you. I mean, you like, get a penalty or something before you just you just let a guy just stread you right down in the middle of field. But I don't know, I mean talking about with Willie. But let's go. The Bengals have a few options and none of them are good. Right Number one is you start benching starters and I'm not sure that's what needs to happen. And I'm talking hit the waiver wire every Monday. You bring in five or eight guys off the street that you know have shown they can play, and you get them, you give them a shot, and maybe you strike with one. And that's what this this defense. By the way, hey, the burst everyone's bubble is not going to get fixed in one off season. It's impossible with with with drafting and free agency, in one off season, you cannot build this level of defense into something that's formidable unit. Not gonna happen. But now maybe you get a head start on that. Now you try to find some guys, bring in some different bodies, and again maybe you catch you just catch fire with something. Maybe some guy that was overlooked comes in here and he happens to be the right fit, he happens to be a better tackler, and maybe that's one more piece you don't have to get next year. With already an impossible tasks, you do that means fire coaches. But I'm not sure how much is on I don't think is the brun of this is on al Golden. I actually feel sorry for him. He had a great gig with Notre Dame. They go to the National Championship game last year, they're they're gonna go to the playoff likely again this year. A great situation. But now he's here. You know, you hear people say, well, we've got trade for somebody who's gonna trade. Right, you can't trade Trey Hendrickson. He hasn't played the last two weeks. He's thirty one years old. You're not gonna get anything of I'm not gonna get a first pick. You're not getting the second round, but you probably won't get a third round pick for him.
Speaker 2: That's what I was going to ask you. Do you trade him? You just answered that.
Speaker 3: I mean, if he's on the top of his game, you do. But he's not. He's hurting. Now, maybe something happens, he comes back, he gets healthy, he just starts ripping the cover off the ball. Okay, maybe things change, but you're still It's the reason why I remind folks why there was the argument of even though he was the best player on this defense last year, why it doesn't make sense to give him a ton of money, guaranteed money for a one or two year contract because of his health concerns, the fact he had been injured, the fact that he is going to be thirty one years old and we are living it. We're living it right now. All the fears of boy, maybe it's not a good idea to sign him is exactly why you got You're paying a guy who's your best player on defense and you can't you know, he's not on the fields, who's not producing, and you can't trade him, so you're stuck.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the sad part you pointed it out there, and the way this team is drafted, it's not like you even if you hit a home run in next year's draft with all just go all, you know, all in on defense, even if you hit a total World Series Grand Slam, you're still not going to it's not going to come around in a year.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, realistically, to think that this defense next year is going to somehow, some way, draft free agency, some guy on a practice squad happens to turn into an all pro, I mean, what's that going to be? Like three or four guys maybe and even that again, and that's the pie in the sky, ask right for that to happen, So that I think, that's what if you want to think about it, and I encourage you not to. That's what makes it even more depressing, is is the fact that digging your way out of this in one offseason is gonna be tough.
Speaker 2: Let's get your thoughts five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred, the big one. Let's get to Eric in Liberty Talonship. First up, Eric, what's going on? Buddy?
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, what's going on? So Bengals.
Speaker 15: I can't believe, like, well, it wasn't Bengals when we actually got the onside kick that couldn't believe that. I'm like, oh my gosh, one's really going our way. But then they turned the other page. Listen, the secondary they should be called the Chippendales.
Speaker 4: They don't.
Speaker 15: There's no arms going around anything. The front, the defensive line there, I get they're doing. They're trying their best, but the secondary.
Speaker 3: Rock you Now.
Speaker 15: You can suit up now and they would bounce off of you. And I'm not I'm not saying that's a big big you know, because I'm rock, You're in shape, But I'm just like, you're not gonna You're not gonna take somebody down.
Speaker 6: You're not gonna take.
Speaker 15: A tight end down length. And now they're wearing they're wearing shoulder pads that most of us wore back in sixth and seventh grade.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean the fact is, I mean, equipment aside is you know, they just haven't shown themselves to be to be good good tackler.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 3: I've said this before with Lance. I think the fact that there's you know, there is a especially the linebacking corps, a lot of new guys and part of being a better tackler is knowing where you fit in the scheme with confidence, like where you're supposed to be? What gap do you have? What gap does the guy next to me have? What guy does does the safety have? And having confidence because you know, lack of confidence is what creates mistakes. Can do I have that? Do I have this? Do I have that? I don't know? And that you know where you don't have the confidence go and make a sure tackle. That adds to the you know, the the inability to tackle well well.
Speaker 2: And you know I brought it up there recovering the on side kick. I thought, what's the last time I saw that?
Speaker 3: I mean it's like around two percent. I think there's something that's crazy for that happening. And you get all those things and I mean you get a I mean they got that. That's I think the hardest part is is they get the kickoff return to open up the game. So you're getting you know, massive special teams assist. You get another special teams assist by getting the the on side kick. Later on, you know, Joe Flacco is puts up over four yards passing. Everything was there and I still couldn't get it. Give forty seven.
Speaker 2: Points and still lose. And I was wanting to say this earlier. You got to feel good for Joe Flacco because man, it's obvious that he's having a blast throw into these guys. Oh yeah, I mean Higgins and Chase. Obviously, those guys make it easy to you can cherry pick. Okay, if somebody's open over there, Yoshi's opened some blah blah blah, our Chases kind of sneaks out of the backfield. Yeah, that's cool. But and you pointed it out, jamar Ches should be the happiest guy alive because Flacco just has got a target on his back, bigger in the state of Idaho. Dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm saying, does he want Joe Burd to come back? I'm not certain about it because you know, again he's said what the targets have been since since Flacco has been there, it's been twelve, twenty three, nineteen. Yesterday it was a low of eight. He's still but he still had six receptions for one hundred and eleven yards. Yeah, And I mean for Flacco, he's in a great situation because he comes in there's no pressure there. You know, there's no real expectations, so he's just letting it rip and letting all of his experience shine through and having a great year. Good for him.
Speaker 2: Let's talk to Chris and Columbus. See Chris, what's going on?
Speaker 13: Hey, thanks so much for taking my call. You don't know what a privilege it is for me to be on seven hundred WLW. I grew up in Dayton ri t Bob Trumpy, the first guy listened to you on the radio. I'll never forget listening to the episode when he brought Chris collins Worth him.
Speaker 19: I mean, this is history.
Speaker 13: We love you, Bob, we miss you.
Speaker 16: You were.
Speaker 13: Is he going to make the Ring of Honor? Because if he's not, we should.
Speaker 6: Get rid of the Ring of Honor.
Speaker 13: He needs to be right in the middle of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And he's he's, I mean, such an iconic guy. I got a pleasure to meet him a few times. I mean, he is. And Will he's explained this and we should have. Maybe we'll have him talk about it more tomorrow. But I heard Will explain it. Like you know, back when Trump he started in the eighties and nineties, there wasn't sports talk radio, and he went to the people in charge and said, hey, I want to do a three hour sports show, and they laughed him out of the people do want to listen to this? People talk about sports for three hours? Are you crazy? Well, he hit the you know, went and found the advertisers, and I mean literally created this medium that is employees, all kinds of people, and all kinds of people listen to every day. So I mean, I mean talk about a historic thing that he did and helped create. It's amazing.
Speaker 13: Well, he's a great guy. I want to say this. I think that they can fix the defense enough in one season to be competitive next year. This offense, look what this offkins can do. Burrow needs to learn a little bit from Flaco. Flaco gets rid of the ball constantly, quickly, he processes, and then Burrow has a better arm now. But he can do it. All we have to do is get the defense improved. But if let's they fired.
Speaker 3: Duke Tobin, that's not happening.
Speaker 13: He The definition of insanity is what repeating the same result the same action expecting a different results. If we don't get rid of Duke Tobin, if the Brown family doesn't have pride in their team and understand and analyze what's wrong with it, it's starting with Duke Tobin. Look at the draft picks, all these defensive draft picks. The two defensive draft picks that.
Speaker 4: Were good we let go.
Speaker 13: So I mean, look at they fixed the Denver Broncos defense in one to two years. New England's defense in one to two years.
Speaker 6: It can be done.
Speaker 13: But if you don't get rid of Duke Tobin and hire someone that knows how to draft defensive players.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and sorry about that. That's that's the thing is they are loyal. The office is loyal to a fault and there's never been any inclining, never any publicly anything. My boy, if that guy don't turn around, you know something's gonna happen.
Speaker 16: No.
Speaker 3: Nothing. So that's why it's hard as a fan, because you know, the the chance of things making wholesale changes aren't gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Let's talk to Elizabeth and Anderson Township. Elizabeth, what do you have?
Speaker 25: Well, My thing is I've been born and raised here in Cincinnati, and I.
Speaker 26: Just feel like we're cursed.
Speaker 15: It's like ever since Jeff Cook on forward.
Speaker 13: It's just been a nightmare after a night there.
Speaker 15: It's just very bizarre to me.
Speaker 3: We need to sacrifice a live animal.
Speaker 16: There.
Speaker 13: It's just it just seems like, you know, we just can't get it done.
Speaker 3: I agree, And and that's what's even crazier is is this fan base despite the fact that outside of you know, like you know, about three years there, you know where they went to a super Bowl in an AFC title game. It's been pretty bad around here, and this fan base still right still stands by this team. I mean, my guy, like, what a luxury this organization. They should pinch themselves, say, my god, is if we're being honest, how bad things have been over the past twenty thirty years and we still got fans that want to be I want to support us. This is a miracle. We got to reward that with something. By the way, ed real quick. Yadi Scheffler, who follows me on Twitter, says, we're tying the Bengals and the Vanilla Ice together here and in great job. Nine years after Ice Ice Baby came out, Duke Tobin took over duties as director of Player Personnel. Coincidence, but that's how long he's been the player of personnel. Like Vanilla I's was still like a somewhat new memory.
Speaker 2: Did he I'm trying to remember if Vanilla Ice had a second album. I remember when he tried to go medal and I'm assuming he had a second rap album, but I don't remember it.
Speaker 3: Let me find this out. He's been in a bunch of movies. Let me see if here, I'll find it here. Yes, this is important. I'm gonna I'm going to prioritize this.
Speaker 2: In the meantime, we will check in with trapping the Rick. What's going on.
Speaker 7: From the UC Health Traffic Center. The Lung Cancer Rapid Access Program at the UC Cancer Center is built to give you a care plan fast. You can meet with the specialists in just two days. Called five one, three, five eight five U see CEC. Good news along grond Reagan Highway. It's reopened between seventy five and Plainfield from that earlier accident. Seventy five northbound off empty eastbound Ronald Reagan has reopened as well. Seventy five north of Galberth. We've got an accident cleared now in the clearing stages. Actually and delays to Mitchell about a twenty minutes slow down through that area. Seventy one moving a bit better northbound Norwood Lateral. That crash just cleared. Seventy four west bound of two seventy five accident here has police on the scene and thanks for the tip call. And then seventy five northbound at Donaldson in Kentucky accident here is in the clearing stages. Got about a seven minute delay from right around US forty two. My rich Rap news Radio seven hundred wd WELW.
Speaker 2: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for and I partly cloudy, thirty four for tomorrow, partly cloudy in sixty two it is fifty eight Now news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: For nearly a decade, he was the voice of sports Radio in Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: Welcome to sports Talk.
Speaker 10: It's my final night here officially as the host of Sports Talk Bob Trumpy.
Speaker 4: I met what I said. I didn't make anything.
Speaker 8: Out a Bengal great and a broadcasting icon my broadcast career.
Speaker 10: I didn't know where it was going. I didn't know how it was going to unfold, but my whole outlook on broadcasting changed for the positive.
Speaker 9: We will miss our friend Bob Trumpy.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed ever a minute.
Speaker 9: Seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: This report.
Speaker 3: He is sponsored by Low's You Want Black All.
Speaker 2: Right back with Eddian Rocky coming up here at the top of the hour. After the five o'clock news, we'll be having our usual Monday conversation with our good friend Dave Lapham.
Speaker 3: Yes, so somehow this turned a show turned into a discussion about Vanilla Ice.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: The reason is because on this day in history nineteen ninety Ice Ice Bain he climbed to the top of the charts, and we discussed eurlers very famously. He ripped off the baseline from under pressure by Queen and David Body and also very famous. He explains an interview that's not the same song, and I think he describes it very well. Here Austin hit it.
Speaker 25: We sampled them from him, but it's not the same baseline Like he does.
Speaker 3: Ding ding dinging do ding ding.
Speaker 24: Ding ding.
Speaker 6: That's the way there's goose ding ding ding.
Speaker 3: Clear as mud right.
Speaker 2: Speaks for itself.
Speaker 3: He basicallylaim there was like an extra note on the end of the third verse kind of thing. Yeah, So, and I didn't know this, looked this up. So by the way, he wrote that song when he was sixteen years old in nineteen eighty three, is that right? Yeah? And held on to it, you know that long and in terms of you know, sampling that baseline. Obviously, Queen and David Bowie got no royalties initially from that song. And then you know, David Bowie and Queen had their people calm up and say, hey, uh, how we're gonna work this out and settle out of court of course, uh with his his his real name is Rob van Winkle, by the way, required to pay financial recompense to both bo and the members of Queen. Also written in the language. Bowie and all the members of Queen were given songwriting credit for that song. So if you look up a Google Ice Ice Baby or Wikipedia and you'll see under writers you know, Brian May, Freddie Mercury and the whole smash right, which is pretty funny.
Speaker 2: Well, the whole sampling thing, there's Well, the one that always got me was George Harrison back in the day, My sweet Lord. Did you ever hear about that one?
Speaker 3: No, but that's a fantastic song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my sweet lord, great song. Basically one of George's, if not the first song. I think it was his first hit single after the Beatles broke up. But anyways, giant song, and he was sued by the writers of the song He's so fine. You ever heard that old song?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: He's so fine, just one of those girls groups from the early sixties. And they said that he subconsciously plagiarized it. Now how I was like he did it?
Speaker 3: Was not like guilty by reason of insanity, kind of like I did it, but I didn't.
Speaker 2: They said, right, you did it, but I don't. We don't think you know you did it, but you did.
Speaker 3: It, and that held up. Yeah, he only because he's George Harrison, and I bet he had a whole team.
Speaker 2: Of right lawyers. But yeah, no they Yeah, the writers won and it was I think they might have. I don't know if they added their names to the songwriting credits or what.
Speaker 3: You see this a lot in Instagram these days, and I think a lot of it is because of ai Is. You can find like similar basslines, whatever, and a lot of this A lot of songs. You know, they'll take it off. You know, a dance record from nineteen seventy six, some obscure band no one's ever heard of, and you know ever listened to it. They they lifted it, change it a little, but not quite enough, and boom, it.
Speaker 2: Is that you remember that song Bittersweet Symphony from a few years now that that string thing is sampled from like the London Philharmonic play the Stones real, so that's from the London pheld Harmonics version of I Want to Say Last Last Time. But regardless, it's an old Stone song and they sampled that string thing out of there. And now I don't I can't even imagine what's how that you know, equates to a Stone song. But anyways, somebody heard that sued that band and Jagger and Richards are on that song.
Speaker 3: Now, wow, that's amazing. I saw on again on Instagram the other day the Iron Maiden song The Trooper, which is one of their more famous songs. I mean, like almost word for word, like this guy they seemingly ripped off off to some other you know again obscure metal European band that never made it, never nothing, and it's like that's sounds we're almost word for word of what you reversed to the song Trooper is. Yeah, but back then you could kind of maybe you can kind of get away with it to some degree, but it's harder now. Well, the whole.
Speaker 2: Rights thing, I don't, I don't get it at all. I don't you know with well, I told you that my wife is saying you should do a podcast where you have like you and you have Rocky on as a guest, and you talk about your favorite ten albums or whatever and you play songs from that. And I was like, well, that's the only problem with that is it cost me about two hundred and fifty thousand dollars in rights. Right, yeah, I don't think I'm gonna make that guy of money of commercials.
Speaker 3: But it is like, there's nothing new under the sun. How many how many singular songs have been made since let's call it nineteen fifty five, right, nineteen sixty right rock and roll started? I mean, there's no arrangement of notes that hasn't been done, so it's always similar.
Speaker 2: Maybe you know, because I've heard that there are only so many combinations of notes and it's a finite number. I forget what the number.
Speaker 3: I think didn ed Sheerhan He was brought to court and then he kind of make that case and he you know, like just yeah, right, and he played the guitar in court and being like, you know this song, if I play like this same notes, it sounds like this song. If I play these notes like this, it sounds like that song. And yeah, and to the point about George Harrison, you could see like you heard a song you don't remember where or when. But yeah, I really like that that groove, that beat, well let me kind of morphat around.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's what I just always love that. We know you didn't mean to, but you did. Very funny. Let's go back to the phones. And I wanted to get to Phil. Phil has been holding a little bit. Hey Phil, where you want to talk about the Bengals?
Speaker 9: What do you got?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 27: I wanted to ask Rocky a couple of questions. I agree with the caller you hit about Duke Tobin. They need to get somebody who knows how to evaluate defensive talent. Did Zach Taylor have any previous head coaching experience before he came to the Bengals.
Speaker 3: No, I know he was an assistant with UC for a while and then he went he was with the Rams. But the answer is no. I mean Austin correct me if I'm wrong, like I don't. Yeah, there was no, and Rocky did.
Speaker 27: This is going to hit you pretty hard, probably, but I'll ask the question. Hang up and listen to your answer. Is Marcus Freeman ready to be a head coach in the NFL?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think he probably likes his gig a Notre Dame pretty good. But you see more and more college coaches jumping to the NFL just because it's a little less headaches dealing with all the you know, the transfer portal and nil and raising money and blah blah blah blah. You never say never. I think if Freeman won a championship at Notre Dame, I think you But but I think he's, in my opinion, he's too close to doing a very hard thing, which is winning a national title at Notre Dame.
Speaker 2: Your assessment, he's your coaching gig, college or pros. I think I gotta say pros these days.
Speaker 3: Just there's a little bit of an offseat. I get. I talked to college coaches every week and there's no downtime none, you know, and lease see NFL. Okay, you get into February March, and I know the combines coming. I get all that, but there's a little little more time, and you're also not dealing with the problem with like the portal one and all that in college football is in the fact that these guys are getting paid. It's like there's contracts don't mean anything. You know, when you signed Joe Burrow to a five or six year deal or whatever it was, you know he's going to be here for six You can't just at the end of the season say you know what, I'm going to play for the Ravens next year. Well, now in college you can kind of do that. That's gotta be maddening dealing with that, and it's especially hard for the smaller schools.
Speaker 2: Let's talk to Joe and Fairfield. We're all over the place. Here are we talking about vanilla ice? What are we talking about?
Speaker 6: Joe?
Speaker 25: You guys were talking about beats being lifted by musicians from other.
Speaker 9: Songs and such.
Speaker 25: Yes, the infamous song by Snoop and Doctor Dre. The next episode was originally done by the act to play Ducky in n cis David McCollum.
Speaker 3: What really.
Speaker 9: If you If you look up.
Speaker 25: David McCollum's original song from I think It's the nineteen sixties or something called The Edge, you'll recognize the beat right away.
Speaker 2: We try to try to pull that here, uh and and Joe, are we waiting David McCollum, wasn't he? And the man from Uncle is that that guy?
Speaker 25: I believe?
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, Elia, kurriyokin and uh and thanks Joe, So you got it.
Speaker 3: I'm sending to Austin right now the edge. We'll see if it sounds like wow, dead one. I assume they gave this guy Craigs. This is too much like that song to not have to you don't know the actor. Austin play the next episode by Doctor Dre and Snoop Dogg. Now next, if you can find the clean version, I mean it's it's dead on the beat, in the in the like kind of that that intro piece there down even down to that Oh yeah, yeah, right on it. I did not know that. But but Doctor Dre sampled a lot of stuff though, right, Those guys never shy about that.
Speaker 2: Didn't They pretty much started all more or less.
Speaker 3: I mean that's kind of yeah, how rap was created. They just sampled a bunch of songs and they you know, mix them up and scratch records and put together something.
Speaker 2: I always wondered to be able to do that, and I never could.
Speaker 3: I know, my buddy, well, my buddies. I was in junior high at the time, but he got a set of turntables for Christmas, and he he was going to do it right, he was gonna just stretch scratching records. And man, it's a lot harder than than it looks.
Speaker 2: I could throw I could throw that cardboard down and spin on my head. I'm telling you right now, son at break dancing, That's what I'm saying. But you play a little bit, you know there, scratch and sniff or whatever you call it, scratching record.
Speaker 3: He's like one of the best, supposedly one of the best guys the turntables ever. Kid Rock, I've heard that. Yeah, he's like a master of like twelve instruments some something insane. But that's like that's that's like, there's nobody better on earth at that whatever that is than him.
Speaker 2: He grew up like he's a rich kid from Detroit, right something like that. His old man.
Speaker 3: Was rich, but I know he was.
Speaker 2: I think his old man ran a bunch of car dealerships or something, Okay, but so you know he had time to.
Speaker 3: Super talent and super dedicated. That guy's got a great story and he literally started from absolutely nothing and just like never took no for answer. No, I'm gonna make it at this And he was.
Speaker 2: He was a breakdancer too.
Speaker 3: He was just like me with don Or imagine that.
Speaker 2: I don't even think about it.
Speaker 16: With that.
Speaker 2: We check in with traffic and weather. What has gone on?
Speaker 24: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the kid's dad owned the dealership. He didn't run it, he owned them.
Speaker 24: That's what I thought. Yeah, yeah, that's the matter right there. Yeah. From the UC Health Traffic Center. The Lung Cancer Rapid Access Program at the UC Cancer Center is built to give you a plan that is a care plan that is fast and that can be obtained in two days called five one, three, five eight five U se se se seventy one northbound Ron Reagan Cross County Highway. The accent down their shoulder hair is being cleaned up, and we're seeing the delays because of the construction on seventy five southbound run o' reagan Highway to Norw's Lateral. That's a ten minute drive through that work. We've got to links back to Shephard. Seventy five is heavy southbound from right around Western Avenue to the Brent Spence northbound seventy five Mitchell to Paddock, Sagish and a ten minute trip. Now I'm seventy five to seventy five between Moss Teller and Loveland, Madeira. I'm Rick Shrampnews Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW Weather Center Ford to I partly cloudy thirty four for tomorrow, partly cloudy in sixty two It is fifty eight. Now news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 20: U see tips off its season training clause with the Catamounts in a e line feud. Will the basketball Bearcats whip Western Carolina or start the year off with a loss? Get the call live today at six thirty pm on seven hundred WLW or stream seven hundred WLW on the iHeartRadio ad.
Speaker 11: This report is sponsored by Miami Valley Gaming.
Speaker 23: Get to Miami Valley Gaming not December twenty seven for a chance to win a Ford F one fift thirty five must be twenty one bills.
Speaker 9: Enter it now.
Speaker 2: All right back with Eddian Rockey and Rock as we like to do this time every Monday after a Bengals game, we chat with this fellow, right heil, our good friend Dave Lapham and day or I was gonna say, Dave, what can you say about yesterday that hasn't been moaned about all day to day?
Speaker 4: Really not much.
Speaker 6: I mean it's been hashed over pretty pretty darn well.
Speaker 28: Yeah, you know, the bottom bottom line is the uh they've lost three in a row excuse me, two out of the last three and uh, and they've given up a top points and so doing. I mean, even in the victory three weeks ago against the Pittsburgh steel was thirty three thirty one, you give up thirty one points and still win the football game, which is remarkable against Pittsburgh. And then you lose to the Jets thirty nine thirty eight, you lose to the Bears forty seven forty two. I mean, you're scoring over forty points, over thirty three points every single game, but you give it up over thirty one points every single game. I mean, it's just offensively, they're they're getting some things done. Joe Flacco has been a godsender, really, I mean, yeah, that's a heck of a heck of a pickup. And he's understanding the offense, is understanding what needs to be done. He understands who to get the football to. He's been around a long time, he's been around eighteen years. He's seeing the good, the bad, and the ugly. He's seen it all. So if the defense can come around a little bit and just I mean make a stop at some point in time, I mean when the game's on the line one time, you know, get a three and out, you know, make them, make them pump the football at some point in time during a key drive during the during the football game. It's uh, it's mad being really to watch, and you know it's gonna the worm has to turn because they're nine games in and they're three and six.
Speaker 6: They've lost twice.
Speaker 28: As many games as they've won, so they're gonna have to turn it around pretty quickly because they're running on time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and lot with the defense, of course is the big issue. But that there's not a ton of options right, Like like no, you know Pro Bowl players are all of a suddenly you're just gonna show up, you know, the the you know concept of trying to trade for somebody to get better talent. I don't see that happening. But but at some point, don't you have to like start benching some starters lap, don't you You can't just roll the same guys out there for three straight weeks that that just flat can't get it done, don't you. I mean, hit the waiver wire and just bring bring in ten guys every Monday for workouts and just try them and plug them in and get something. And maybe you catch a diamond in the rough. Maybe you just swing and you happen to hit on somebody that no one else really saw. But don't you have to do something. Let I think you have to.
Speaker 28: At least, you know, you know, like you said on Mondays, bring people in and let everybody know that. Look, everybody's job's not safe around here. You can't feel comfortable. It's what you're doing is not good enough. And you know if you can't, if you can't do a better job, we're going to get somebody that can. I mean, the national football is a competitive environment. If you can't cut the mustard man, you're going to be cut by the wayside. So yeah, I mean, I just think Al Golden and the coaching staff on the Bengals defensive side of the football, they just have to get more out of what they've got on the roster. Beside, I just don't I just don't see the brown blackburn family doing what we're talking about.
Speaker 6: I don't I don't see them making wholesale changes, you know during the season.
Speaker 28: Now in the off season, that's a horse of a different color potentially, you know, some heads were all but during season, I just don't see it.
Speaker 2: We're going to Dave Lapham and lap of Rock and I talked about this a little while ago. What do you see the future of Trade Hendrickson in this city?
Speaker 16: Do?
Speaker 2: What is it to be?
Speaker 28: Yeah, that's a that's a good one. That's a million dollar question there. And I think you know, he's he's been hurt. He hasn't been able to do everything he wants to do physically, and that's going to be frustrating to him. You know, he's playing playing banged up. There's no question about that. He's kind of hinted about, you know, Trade. I do think that he really likes Cincinnati. The Cincinnati Bengals kind of saved his career as such. And you know, he was doing a well down in New Orleans, but not like he did when he came to Cincinnati by trade. And you know, he had his two best years he's ever had seventeen and a half SAX seasons back to back seasons and he's still, in my mind an incredible pass rusher and they're missing him. They're missing the consistency that he can give off the edge in terms of pressure in the quarterback and at least making the quarterback after most of them are right handed, you know, worry about their blind side or committing resources to getting him blocked, you know, putting a have to slideer guard and a tackle uh to to Trey Hendrickson or put a tight end over there, or you know, have a back stay in and chips so uh sometimes you have to do you know, more than one of those things. He's a guy that he's a guy that commands you know, three people's attention for sure.
Speaker 3: Well what is the prognosis? Obviously a bye week right now helps, but what are what are you hearing? Is this a guy that after the bye week he's expected to be back in full strength or is this something that's going to take a while, Like what are you hearing?
Speaker 28: Yeah, I don't know, they've been pretty quiet, you know about that about that injury. I know it's a shoulder issue, shoulder separation, and I don't think it's a you know, one where there's first second, third degree, you know, complete complete separation with the bones, you know, stick out through the skin kind of thing.
Speaker 6: It's not it's not like that, but it's it's.
Speaker 28: A it's an injury that you have to you have to fight through the pain. You know, it's a it's not a comfortable feeling, and you know, and you're using your hands in your arms in the past, rush and grabbing and pulling people all that sort of thing. So I think I think that for the if they can get in a in a in a groove and you know, start start to roll a little bit as a as a football team, I think he could make a major contribution for him down the stretch.
Speaker 6: I really do.
Speaker 2: And Lap we were also you had mentioned earlier Flacco and Rock and I talked about this a little while ago, don't you think, I mean, Flacco right now looks like he's having the time of his life. I mean, obviously it'd be better if they're a winning but he's loving throw into these to these receivers. Man, it's he's having a blast.
Speaker 28: It looks like to me, you're I mean, you know, who wouldn't want to throw to Jamar Chase? You know if you're a professional quarterback. I mean that guy's having a having another phenomenal year. I mean he's, you know, coming off a season where he won the Triple Crown in terms of you know, catches, yards and touchdowns. But shoot, he's already got seventy eight receptions for eight hundred and thirty one yards and you know, I mean six touchdowns.
Speaker 6: And he said.
Speaker 28: He's having a hell of a year. And you know, then you got t Higgins, who would be a number one on most teams, but he's the one A with the Bengals, and uh, you know, he's he's putting up. He's averaging fifteen yards per reception, and he's got six touchdowns himself. He's got a forty four yard you know, touchdown reception. So I mean Flacco still has a howards or hanging off that right shoulder. Man, he's still got He's still got plenty of juice throwing the football, and he's very accurate throwing it distances down the football field. I mean, he's he's got plenty left. And I think next year I would I would sign him. You know, I think he's just signed a one year contract. I'd sign him again. And I'd say, okay, I get the two best quarterback two quarterback situation on my roster. That's the best in the National Football League. I got a one two punch that nobody else in the league has at the quarterback position. I got a you know, a guy by the name of Joe Barrow who is an MVP candidate every year, and then being backed up by Joe Facko. Man, you'd being high cotton at that position.
Speaker 6: No doubt.
Speaker 3: Lap At what point? And we're actually already seeing it, you know, after the game, Jamar Chase I was a quota saying, man could not get one effing stop you Chase Brown? After the game? You know what the f like, At what point is is there a mutiny? Lap? At what point it does the offense, you know, almost go to go to fists with with the defense or saying, look, man, NFL guys are prideful guys, right you play in the NFL like no one wants to be embarrassing. Right now the offense is saying, you guys are embarrassing us, and how come you're not fixing it? What point does it does it turn bad in this locker room?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 28: I mean, you know you hate to see a locker room, a divided locker room, you know, and just by what's going on, I mean the offense, like we're talking about scoring thirty points a game and defense giving up over thirty points a game. It's easy to see who's going to be pointing to blame it who. And the offense is I mean, the offense right now is saying that defense. Come on, man, get something done. Do something. I mean is you got to make personnel changes, you have to make schematic changes, whatever you have to do, do it, because right now what you're doing is not cutting it, man. I mean, it's you're getting shredded, getting shredded out there on a weekly basis. And you know, we're not perfect, but we're playing a hell of a lot better than you are. And you know, let's see if we can balance this.
Speaker 6: Thing up a little bit.
Speaker 28: And you hate to see, you know, teammates pointing fingers at each other, you know, individual t mates.
Speaker 6: That's and the way.
Speaker 28: Some of the guys are talking, it sounds like that's what's going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no doubt, Lap I don't know, it's it's just it's just hard because this this defense, it's it's amazing, but it's it's gotten worse. And and the tackling, and you know, that's something I always had pride in my ability to tackle. And you're not you're not singing that. And I understand how hard it is to practice tackling during the season, but it's always been hard to practice tackling. But for some reason, this just it's it's not happening. And I don't know if it's you know, with young guys on defense, the young linebackers, uh, you know, with with Carter and Knight and maybe not knowing being fully confident in the scheme, and sometimes that can make you a little hesitant if that's part of the issue. But man, the tackling the basic fundamental of defense, and of course the basic fundamental of offense is blocking what you know a lot about. But the basic thing is is the thing we're worse at.
Speaker 28: And I think you've hit on where the biggest problem is. I mean, honestly, the biggest problem is the lack of tackling defensively, I mean mistackles, not finishing plays. Man, that's something that you're taught at the peewee level, the Pop Warner football level. You're taught how to tackle, and you're taught how to go through their techniques and fundamentals of it.
Speaker 6: And man Paul Brown was a sticker on it.
Speaker 28: He had a drill called the routine tackling drill, and it was form tackling. Everybody ever, quarterbacks, everybody ever started every single practice with the routine tackling drill. And Paul pep is you know, old school, there's no question, but he was successful time in won a lot of football games.
Speaker 6: He's one of the foundation.
Speaker 28: Founding fathers of the National Football League, and he believed in the principles of in the basics of blocking people, in tackling people and getting people on the ground.
Speaker 6: There's no question about it. You know, I know, I know.
Speaker 28: There's all kinds of advanced metrics and uh you know, scouting, ways to break film down and everything that goes along with today's modern NFL football. But bottom line is, at some point it boils down to who can block, who can tackle.
Speaker 2: Let me ask both of you guys this question, uh the if and it looks at the next what four or five games are really that's a tough road to hoe right there. Do you do you play Joe Burrow when he's available to come back the rest of the season.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's gonna be ready to come back their lap, is he.
Speaker 28: I think I think he'll maybe work his way back, you know, at some point.
Speaker 6: But I don't I don't know how.
Speaker 3: Soon that is.
Speaker 6: Rocket.
Speaker 28: I haven't really gotten a good indication or get an indicator on that. Uh, he is down there though he was on the field on the sideline, you know, giving feedback and his input on an opinion on things. Joe Flacco's he came off the football field in this last game against the Chicago Bear, so that, you know, that's a good sign.
Speaker 6: He's always been engaged.
Speaker 28: It's not like he's uh, you know, chuck doubt mentally and and said, I got nothing to do with the football team. I'm hurt, I'm done. It's not it's not anything like that. But man, like, uh like get he was saying, you got to go to Pittsburgh, you got New England Rabel doing a hell of a job there, you gotta go to you gotta go to Baltimore, and you got to go.
Speaker 6: To a Buffalo back to back weeks there. Man, those are those are tough ones.
Speaker 28: Uh. Then you get Baltimore again at home, going to go down to Miami against Tula, Arizona, Man and Cleveland. So I mean, if the Bengals somehow can be in it in the last couple of games of the season, I don't think that.
Speaker 6: Those are our.
Speaker 28: Teams Arizona in Cleveland, that that the Bengals, if they aren't a nice one, that they should say, oh geez, we can't beat these guys. But you know, it's pipe dream stuff right now because you just lost a football game you should have won, could have won. I had one, couldn't finish it and fall to three and six. So I'm sure a lot of Bengal fans are like, are you crazy? What the are you talking about? Playoffs?
Speaker 3: You kidding?
Speaker 6: Meet playoffs?
Speaker 3: Come on, man, Yeah, that's that's tough one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right with that lap, We'll let you go. What do you got coming up tonight?
Speaker 28: Yeah, we got you know, Lance and I are do Bengals line of course, And we got interviews from from a bunch of players coaches as well, talking about the you know, what went right, what went wrong? And whytt why it was that way, what the Chicago Bears did to to get the Bengals. Uh on their heels a little bit, and uh why it took so long to recover in some instances. So hopefully though they'll they'll be able to get this thing. Like we said earlier, turned around sooner rather than later, because you can't waste any more weeks.
Speaker 2: All right, with that, lap We'll let you go, buddy, Thanks so much.
Speaker 28: Guys, have a great one, appreciate the opportunity.
Speaker 2: Our good friend Dave Lapham. And with that we check in with traffic and weather, what is going.
Speaker 3: On and from the UC Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: The Lung Cancer Rapid Access Program at UC's Cancer Center is built to give you a care plan fast. You can get a specialist in two days five one, three, five eight five u SECCE the number right lane bocked on seventy one northbound after Ronald rig and Cross County Highway. Now this is about a half hour delay. Now with Sotown's back to Norwood Lateral, we've got to seventy five southbound between Ronald Ling and Highway Norwoo Lateral with about a ten minute trip. But that's because of the ongoing roadwork the long term project two seventy five westbound at the Carrol Cropperbridge ten minute drive here with traffic come backed up to the Petersburg exit in Kentucky and southbound. We're so back to US fifty in Indiana and about a ten minute drive on seventy five North Mitchell de Paddock, my Rick Shremp News Radio seven hundred double d WELW.
Speaker 2: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather Center Ford and I partly cloudy thirty four for tomorrow, partly cloudy in sixty two it is fifty eight. Now news Radio seven hundred W LW.
Speaker 29: You send ours raking the leaves from your yard, only to have to rake them again and again and again. If only all the leaves could fall at once. Well, now they can call tree Shakers. Our specialized staff of x NFL linemen, sumo wrestlers and women's shot putters can shake your trees bear in minutes, freeing up your fall. Tree Shakers toss the rake and give it a sham.
Speaker 20: Tree Shakers a sponsor of the seven hundred WLW talkback button on the iHeartRadio app you.
Speaker 11: This report is sponsored by Our American Stories.
Speaker 3: This is Leehavi, host of Our American Stories.
Speaker 7: On our next episode we'll be telling the story of lawnmower.
Speaker 2: Racing all right back with Eddie and Rocky just a little while longer and rock this is kind of a cool story. Yeah, scary story if you're this fella.
Speaker 3: Scari Yeah, Ron Daily. He disappeared early October. I was hunting and hiking around a severe On Nevada mountains on a hunting trip, and I guess you know, according to him, he got lost. Now I can test he just wanted to get it away from his wife for a little bit. But nevertheless he was found and with the latest and an update on the story, Alex Stone from ABC joins us, Alex, what is the latest with this?
Speaker 26: Hey there, guys. Yeah, I'm pretty incredible that over twenty days ago, he goes out was supposed to be a day trip, never came back, and there's been this big search and rescue effort in Fresho County, California that went on for him, but there were no signs of him until this weekend when some other hunters they were in the Sierra Nevada and they came upon him in the woods and he's doing amazingly well. He was in the hospital over the weekend being watched but going home today and his wife got a phone call when he was rescued. She could not believe it. She's telling us, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 16: I know you're worried. I loved you so much.
Speaker 26: And she says that he kept apologizing for not coming home over those twenty days and messing up his truck.
Speaker 18: He lost his tuck.
Speaker 11: He lost his truck.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 29: But he said, I go out here, I ran.
Speaker 26: Out of gas.
Speaker 11: I lost my truck.
Speaker 2: I said, I don't.
Speaker 25: Care about your truck.
Speaker 16: I just so cat.
Speaker 26: So he's been in the hospital. His daughter recorded him for us, telling his story, and he says it was quite an ordeal. He ended up on a rock crawling trail that a jeep trail that his truck wasn't made for, and he didn't mean to get on that trail, and he couldn't get out of it, and there was snow. He got stuck. He was unable to get out from his hospital bed, saying this.
Speaker 16: I just backed up the checked my truck up and made it little, took the passenger seat out and throwed it in the back. So I had The place was laid down very uncomfortable. My heads are killing me.
Speaker 26: Yeah, so he laid down in the truck. He was there for quite a while. He had about two weeks worth of food. He waited for rescue, was living out of the truck until Saturday. He decided he had to get out of there. He was gonna die. He was out of food. He's been out for like a week, week and a half of food and water, And so he hiked and said that he had to make a move.
Speaker 16: Either try to walk out, then you're gonna sit here and die. I got on my card, mom, and I started walking in. And it was the toughest walk I've ever.
Speaker 26: Done in because every time he thought he had gone over a mountain, there was another one there and another one there. He kept wanting to quit, but he said he had to keep going. The sun went down, and that's when he made a prayer to God, saying, hey, help me out.
Speaker 16: I got my head down, my hands and I'm praying Lord, Lord, you got to send somebody up here to me. I can't hardly walk anymore. Lord, you gotta help me. Father.
Speaker 4: God, Light though it.
Speaker 26: God, And he says those were hunters coming up the road, yelling his name that they knew that there was a hunter named Ron who had been missing for quite a while, knowing you'd been lost. They got him food, they got him water. But he says it was that prayer. It was answered almost immediately. He was able to get a call out to his wife and say I'm safe.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I'm just crazy to go. God, thank you Lord for bringing these men into my life. It's saving my life today. Lord.
Speaker 26: Yeah, so it was those hunters who got him. He's generally okay, he's recovering now. He does have some injuries, as he talked about how hard it was to walk, and he hurt his hip and different things. But he's thankful to the hunters. You know that they went into the remote wilderness and on Saturday happened to be driving up that dirt trail and they found them. But he's going home and he's safe.
Speaker 2: That's crazy amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, because yeah, you think, okay, I know where I'm at, or the woods aren't that big. I mean, you get out there and you go for days and days and days and not see an absolute soul. So this guy is tremendously lucky.
Speaker 26: He's very lucky. And then he got to the point, you know, he kept thinking, I'll sleep in the truck, I've got some food, I'm gonna be fine, obviously no cell phone service in the Sierra Nevada, and thinking somebody would find him. And then after about a week of running out of food, he thought, this is my time. I'm either going to die right now or I got to start hiking, and he hit the not even a trail, you know, he just he started hiking through the woods and he was able to find help or they found him.
Speaker 3: And they often tell you, like in situations like that, whoever they is, you should stay in one place and people will find you. I disagree, man, I'm gonna go to If I'm going to go down, I'm going down swinging, you know, I'm going to pack all the food I got and try to make a go at. It looks like maybe by luck or circumstance, it worked out for this guy.
Speaker 22: Yeah.
Speaker 26: Absolutely, he made that choice, had that conscious decision he was going to do something, and otherwise those hunters would have never found him. And they were able to find him and immediately get him food, water, satellite call out, so his wife knew he was all right. Pretty amazing ending it could have gone the other way. After twenty days, search and rescue was kind of done.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 26: It was just thought, well, we don't know what happened to him, and they saw no sign of him, so it was he was kind of on his own.
Speaker 3: That thought.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask you, what about search and rescue. That would seem to be not easy to find a truck in a situation like that if you knew the general area where the fellow was.
Speaker 26: Yeah, this year and about are so remote when you get deep in there, and I mean it's a huge mountain range, and they search and rescue Presno County, the Sheriff's department, they had been searching for him. They had helicopters up and droans and people on the ground and they couldn't find any sign of them. And then they would kind of rekindle their efforts every now and then and go deep in there. But he was pretty deep and he was down that I guess this rock crawling trail that they never thought he would go down in the vehicle that he has or had that was made for the specialized jeeps, and he had accidentally gone down there and gotten deep into it. Nobody was able to find.
Speaker 2: Him down there all right with that, alex Uh. Luckily this has a happy ending. Thanks so much, buddy, you got it. Thanks, nice happy end of that story.
Speaker 6: Rocket.
Speaker 3: Yes, what do you got another news that we're talking about? You know, AI and robots and all that and how you know, AI is going to take a lot of white collar jobs and maybe some of the jobs that are left or some of the more blue collar things, right and lifting stuff and repairing pipes and electricians and all that sort of thing. Here's something might throw a little wrench in this. And this is pretty wild, but scientists have created artificial muscles which give humanoid robots never before seen strength.
Speaker 26: Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I apparently the after reading this. The hard part about like you know, creating whether it's a suit or a robot that can actually lift things, is has to do with the elasticity of whatever. Like a fake muscle is made out of like where it's if it's if it's too loose, it's not strong. If it's too strong, it's not limber enough, right, unlike like real human muscles. So that was that was always been the you know kind of the problem. You know, researchers managed to overcome these limitations by engineering a composite muscle that becomes stiff when bearing heavy loads, but softens when it needs to contract. Report that in its stiffened state, this artificial muscle can support roughly four thousand times its own weight. Then when returned to a softened state, it can be stretched up to twelve times its original lengths. You're talking to some crazy space stage kind of material. But thanks to the work by these folks. And this is and I believe in South Korea. I believe there's where they're they're doing this, not North Korea, South Korea. Yeah, they think that Like the if you if it was a robot that had this technology, it could have the strength of close to twenty men. You could lift the same amount of things that twenty men could could lift.
Speaker 2: We're done for dude, done, we are. It's over. I uh, I want to pal. I succumb to my robot overlords.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: I want them to know I'm on team bought.
Speaker 3: That's because you don't want to get vaporized. Correct when I start picking who stays and who goes?
Speaker 2: What are your nuts? Robot that's the strength of twenty men, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And has the brain power to know everything about every subject ever written in human history. Right, that's a tough comment. That's that's tough to beat in the marketplace. You know you're competing against you know, other people out there have this skill. That skill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm only kind of beat you up at it if it wanted to get us vaporize you with its brain just right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's pretty toughty.
Speaker 2: Tough, so rocking other medical news, this happened in Bangkok, where, of course, all good things happen. Pity A. Mulan was arrested as he conducted his new medical procedure in the back of his vintage Toyota Corolla Wow. Mulan is also known as shang Yai Modify, allegedly offered genital enhancement treatments to men in the back of his Toyota, even though he's not licensed go figure to do so. He promoted his business on TikTok, offering enlargement circumcision and implant and pearl implantations, saying he learned how to do the surgeries by watching stuff on YouTube.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure he had like a multimillion dollar off of space with clean utensils and everything right in the back of his toy in the back.
Speaker 2: Yes, I became interested in this kind of work, so I studied and developed it as a side hustle to supplement my income.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a side hustle is like a lemonade stand, or you know, I'm gonna on the weekend, I'm gonna pour asphalt and redo driveways, make a couple of extra bucks. This is something different.
Speaker 2: Mow lawns, yeah, you know, leaves and stuff like that. Authority has found no sterilizing equipment in his makeshift operating room in the curl.
Speaker 3: If somebody's gotta go, the sterilizing procedures do.
Speaker 2: But they did find local anesthetics, surgical blades, needles, and other equipment. He has been charged with practicing medicine without registration and authorization, which could land him in jail for three years. So I want to know how stupid you actually are to climb in the backseat of this dude's Corolla and let them operate on your junk. Just say I got this.
Speaker 3: You know, I was a little skeptical, but after talking to the guy, we had a ten minute consultation.
Speaker 2: I'm on board, and I want to I want to know what is it, what's on YouTube in Malaysia.
Speaker 3: There, Yeah, I haven't trust me. I haven't looked up some things on YouTube. I have not gone there yet. Well, and maybe that can be our You do better than this guy. Least at least you've got like a condo we can run and run the business out of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I got an extra room.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Or look, you've got to pick up. At least we can do in the back of the pick up some more room there, way more room than the back of a Corolla. Guy that's fourth rate.
Speaker 3: Tell them what goes to people's heads.
Speaker 2: Stretch out here and use your eyes and bite on this piece of wood. You'll be fine.
Speaker 3: Be fine.
Speaker 2: I just watched the latest video, and I know exactly what to do.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 3: I was having a lot of trouble with this particular procedure, but I just just got this one video. Now we're good. You're in for a treat, my friend.
Speaker 2: Hold on, wait till the lady's going to hold of you. We check in with traffic and weather. What's going on.