Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and I'm Demand on the iHeart Radio app.
Speaker 2: This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 1: You are one of the kind hosted by Petros Papaday guests.
Speaker 2: Left school after sixth grade.
Speaker 3: Look at him and the voice of the Bolts not Money Smith. The answer is on money.
Speaker 4: There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming.
Speaker 2: This is the Petros and Money Show on the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: I don't crack use the under pressure.
Speaker 3: Puss, puss puss every damn night.
Speaker 1: That's that's not cool, not not much.
Speaker 3: Look at him, he's crazy. Man, Wow, man, break down now.
Speaker 4: You won't apologize to him?
Speaker 5: No, nichol iSER said that cannot play with him, cannot win with him, cannot coach with him. That's my mom, dude, My mom's a pamp mister un limited.
Speaker 2: Yo. Scandal begins when the police put a stop to it.
Speaker 6: Tommy, you show some money A five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Off Day Dodger Talk with David Vase at seven pm two hours from now. Joe Kelly will join them tomorrow Dodgers early one. We'll be on two to four because at five point fifteen PM, first pitch from the galpin Ford broadcast booth, it'll be Dodgers the Cardinals, Dodgers losers in seven of their last.
Speaker 2: Twelve unacceptable behavior by the poison Blue bit of a mess. After everything that everybody said and done, how could you do this? Bill Plask looked like and he's laughing at us. He's laughing. Plash g is at the top of the two. He called it, saying they're not going to win another World series. Can't happen? No, and look at that. You lose a series or two, two or three in April. And how are we supposed to look at that?
Speaker 6: Well, we're supposed to look at it by asking Emmitt Shean, Roki Sasaki and Justin Rableski to stop the bleeding, to be the slumpbusters. We turn to you, Emmitt Shean, Roki Sasaki and Justin Rableski for a weekend series in Saint Louis against the hapless Cardinals. That's the answer that bird won fly. We'll see what happens tomorrow again. Flex Alert, Matt and I start at two.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to follow the show on all the social media compartments around the world x Instagram, follow AM five, seventy la sports always great news coming out of that outlet, and of course podcasts the show on the iHeartRadio apps. Stream it live or podcast it later. It's all right there on the iHeartRadio app. So now it's time for three Things Thursday. One three things, and I doubt that we're talking college football for three Things Thursday, but it does stand to mention Bob Chesney, UCLA head coach Spring game Saturday, will join us next on this Crunchy Groove Thursday. I don't think this is a college football three things, matt Less, it is.
Speaker 6: That certainly alters three things. I don't feel like a fool. I was gonna start with Wake Forest weight training, but all right, I heard they're getting Bob Chesney's coming on in the next segment, so let's just scrap it.
Speaker 2: They are getting after it, which in Winston Salem, Matt there, they're in the woods.
Speaker 6: They're doing all that off the desk, and let's just figure it out from here.
Speaker 2: Every player has been given an axe, a special Wake Forest Act.
Speaker 4: So we're the Deacons we are.
Speaker 2: I don't like it. What do we do? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Let's make them a demon Okay, we're the demon Deacons.
Speaker 2: I like it. No, what I don't know?
Speaker 4: Give them a motorcycle. Okay, I really like where this is going.
Speaker 2: Um Pike him looked like an ex president.
Speaker 6: Yes, but a psychotic one. He wears leathers and he comes in on a chopper. Okay, what's his face look like? Do you remember what the cavity looked like in the Yuckmouth commercial.
Speaker 4: Yes, let's make it look like that.
Speaker 6: Three things be. I did not think we would be going here today, Yet here we are. I had faith in what James Worthy was selling yesterday. I wanted to buy it all up. And he said the Lakers got to win this one. Those were his words, not ours. He said, I really think the Lakers got to win this one. So if they didn't, it turns out they didn't. We now have to look at history.
Speaker 2: Yes, must win is what we heard. Matt must win that James Worthy said, must win.
Speaker 6: Yeah he did not, and we even we even led him to the water and said, hey, do you want to drink from this? They really should have lost Game three is this series a lot tighter than it looks? And he said, yeah, that's why this is a must win. They very well could be down and should be down three to two, had again the Rockets not lost their mind in the waging twenty eight seconds of Game three, giving up a six point lead while they had possession. Yet this series is now three to two. The Lakers let it three to zero. Lebron goat conversations were happening, and by pulling his team out of the first round against a depleted Rockets team without Kevin Durant, would that enhance his legacy as the greatest of all time in NBA history. That's what was being sold today on the last day of April, with his team ahead three to two, shifting back to Houston for a Game six tomorrow. This is what they're staring at. Four teams pee in the history of the NBA postseason, four have come back to just force a Game seven.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 6: Just have managed to win the next three games after losing the first three game and force a game seven. The nineteen fifty one New York Knicks in the NBA Finals against the Rochester Royals forced to Game seven and lost in nineteen ninety four and the Western Conference Semis against those great Karl Malone, John Stockton Utah Jazz squads. The Nuggets, after going down three zero, won the next three force to Game seven, in which they lost.
Speaker 4: This is for the Petros and the money, and money and the money.
Speaker 6: The two thousand and three Portland Trailblazers in the first round were down three zero.
Speaker 2: Those the Trail Gangsters.
Speaker 6: Those were the Trail Gamesters against I believe wouldn't no, that would not have been the three js. I think they would have already broken up Jim Jackson, Jamal Mashburn, and Jason Kiddo.
Speaker 2: It's a tall order, man, It's a tall order for the Rockets.
Speaker 6: And most recently the tw twenty three Celtics against the Miami Heat lost their Game seven as well. So what I'm getting at is the Rockets have an opportunity to do something that has never been done in NBA history, and that has come from down three zero to win a series for the first time in the history of the NBA. Teams had been down two zero and won five game series. They have never been down three It's happened in hockey, It's happened in baseball. It has never happened in the NBA, and there are a lot of people that think the Rockets are set up to do just that. A team full of young talent that lost its mind in that game three Jabari Smith reed Shephard arguably two of the best players on the court last night in a hostile environment, shock full of celebrities like Macaulay Culkin and Brenda Song. Yeah, Brenda Salt, superstar. I saw Dominican su there when they put him on the screen, I was like, I guess that's where we're going.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 6: And Dominican Suit, who I believe has been retired from football for about five years but was a hell of a force at Nebraska and of course in the Rams.
Speaker 2: You never forget him. He was great in the.
Speaker 4: Leagues, exactly right.
Speaker 6: He was there as well, all the fat, out of shape kids of Jack Nicholson. And I'm trying to think of who sat next to him. It was Jack, and I'll be damned if I can. I can visualize him, the old man and the sunglasses with the white beard. But their kids are now it's onto the next Jets. It's two generations later. Like their grandkids are now going dressed up like Luca and Lebron and their headbands and their high socks. Super cool hipster guys. Very disappointed in the effort. Last night, the Lakers jumped out to a quick lead. It looked like Austin Reeves was the elixir they needed in his return. Hot start for Austin Reeves on fire from the field. They jump out by eleven and then what does Reeves do? How about one for nine in the second half? Team could not hit a three pointer to save their life. They go ice cold from deep seven of twenty seven and if you take it back to the last game they lost, they are shooting twenty five percent from beyond the arc.
Speaker 4: And this is why you.
Speaker 6: Gotta be careful as you celebrate Rob Polinka for the exchange Ah gave gave Vincent who's been future? Just a puke of a signing and you get back Luke Knnard twenty seven, Game one, twenty four, Game two. Last night, Oh for thirty one minutes starts comes off the bench in the second half, Reeves gets to start thirty one minutes, zero for four from the field, zero for four from three guys, a ninety percent free throw shooter, He even missed one of those finishes with one point in thirty one minutes. Marcus Smart does this, peaks, valleys, valleys, peaks, misses everything, makes everything, three to seven from the three point line. Lebron James the goat. If this doesn't cement him as the greatest ever, then you just got blinders on and there ain't no change in your mind. Zero for six from three, missed two critical free throws down the stretch.
Speaker 2: At least he realized late in the game that the threes weren't going and he needed to do something else.
Speaker 6: Yeah, seemed like Austin Reeves and Lebron James looked at each other and they're like, should.
Speaker 4: We just keep shooting him?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know you're on a four on one break, Austin, but effitt Man, let it fly?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: What about the next time?
Speaker 6: Don you know what, I'm gonna throw this to you, Lebron, Why don't you take it from the right wing and see if you can shoot it with that guy's hand in your face. Even though Aton's wide open, don low and he's made four consecutive baskets.
Speaker 2: All right, let's give that a go.
Speaker 6: It was a disheartening performance. And I do subscribe to the idea that James Worthy had that it did feel a little bit like a they kind of really got to win this one because of how wacky that Game three was, And you can really make the case this this series should absolutely be too too, were it not for two freaking hiccups and total brain farts from two young players. And those two Jabari Smith might have been the best, probably was the best player on the court for the Rockets, played his ass off reach. Shepherd got his revenge on Lebron, poked that ball away late.
Speaker 2: After Lebron bunked him with a forearm in the.
Speaker 6: Chest after he bonked him, had the two handed flush, and everyone was like, oh, white guy like that.
Speaker 2: Before that, he had the he had the short range, Don McClain, and then he had the flush. Yeah, before that the mid range where we really took it to uh to Lebron, he went to the king. He showed he showed no respect for the throne.
Speaker 6: He said, you may be a king, but I am a shepherd, and I am a shepherd of basketball goodness.
Speaker 2: I was there when Christ was born.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 6: I may be but a shepherd, and you may be a king. But that does not mean I can't lead these men. He led them to a victory and against.
Speaker 2: Skid maybe dark strong and shining in mine, maybe lily white.
Speaker 4: It's not good.
Speaker 6: It certainly looked fine in the first half rosterling names. Then he went absolutely ice cold. He still managed to get at the free throw line. They kept feeding the hot hand for a while and DeAndrea Eyton got away from it. Three pointers betrayed him. I don't know how i'd feel about this thing going to a game seven if I and by the way, kudos to the NBA playoffs. We got. You got a Nuggets team that was down three to one that looks like that's gonna end up getting to a game seven with the injury to the ant man. You got the Lakers and Rockets that I think if you were to pin which one of these are going to a Game seven between Nick Hawk's Celtic Sixers, Raptors, Caves, Pistons, Magic, most people would probably say, yeah, I think the Rockets have the best chance to win their game at home. All of these teams, all of these series look like they're going seven. After olm Bead's return, Celtics Sixers is now three to two, Nicks Hawks is three to two, Calves Raptors is three to two. Piston's Magic after a hell of a back and forth in the early one yesterday, is three to two. So kudos to the NBA for having a hell of a playoff start after a miserable end of the season. And that brings us to our second thing, real quick pee three two one, not contact, but three two one lottery odds launched yesterday, we talked about anti tanking, how the end of the regular season is unwatchable for three quarters of the games.
Speaker 4: All teams are doing is trying to lose.
Speaker 6: With two way contract players and G League players being called up in the hopes to increase the percentage that they will secure the number one, two or three overall pick in the NBA lottery, your odds drop dramatically if you are outside of the top four, where you have a fifteen percent chance. Well, Adam Silvers had enough and he has said he wants this approved immediately. May twenty eighth, Board of Governors will meet and he will seek approval on what he's calling three two one.
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 6: Thirty seven lottery balls allocated to sixteen teams the teams with the three worst records would each receive two lottery balls, giving them a five point four percent chance at the number one pick. Teams that finish with the fourth worst through the tenth worst record will receive three lottery balls eight point one percent. So if you have one of the three worst records, your odds are not as good as the teams that had better records than you four through ten, and then the nine to ten seeds would each receive two as well, and the loser of the seven versus eight playing game would receive one. For all intents and purposes, it's what they call flattens the lottery odds. Your best chance to win the number one pick is eight percent versus five point four percent versus a one to thirty seven chance if you win the seven versus eight play in game. The teams with the three worst records can pick no lower than twelve. Everyone else could put anywhere from one to sixteen. Teams cannot get the number one pick in consecutive years, and they cannot pick in the top five and three consecutive drafts. Those are basically the changes that they are instituting.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 6: I think it leads to competition between teams that are absolutely terrible but would be playing their asses off. If you're in fourth place, you certainly don't want to lose an extra lottery ball by sliding to third place. If you're playing one of those teams and they're trying to get a victory late in the season, it certainly feels like it would at least scuttle, slightly scuttle the tanking that teams did this year that led to egg on the face level of embarrassment for Adam Silver, saying he's lighting the ass that he's got. You know, he can't he can't get a handle on this, and that's why it feels like he really kind of came over the top and brought some lumber to this thing, and says this is the only proposal that's going to be offered. He expects it to be approved and they will run it through twenty twenty nine.
Speaker 2: Well, good luck to everybody involved in the lottery. I hope that the Clippers pick doesn't go to the Thunder.
Speaker 6: I think that's that's pretty much already insured. I think this would be for next year. Oh that's a cool upper for this year. I mean, I thought it'd be pretty damn cool if it worth this year, and you'd really f the teams, and who knows, maybe it is and I just didn't read far enough down the article. Whatever final thing, Pete, I would love And this will be super quick, because we discussed it yesterday and I'd just like to follow up on that. I would appreciate, and I would assume we'll get it, and I would assume not everybody will be excited about it. A certain sect of me basketball media society will not be excited by it, but I will be. I would like to ask if, in fact the Lakers do make history, If in fact they do become the first team to give up a three to zero lead and be eliminated from the postseason in a playoff series for the first time in NBA history, I think we should reinstate some goat talk, and I think we should talk about how this impacx Lebron's legacy.
Speaker 2: You know what, well now, yeah, you say that now, but you didn't want it. You didn't want it, well, you didn't want it when they were gonna want the Kevin Durantles Rockets. The fact that the Lakers beat him in the first round this is this is it.
Speaker 6: This is the c metal epoxy. This settles it makes him the goat. You know, I think we should bring that goat talk back. I think that's a great idea. I think let's re examine it.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I mean, let's just wait till after the Thunder series and then we'll talk about who really is the goat.
Speaker 6: The King made history. Guys, you always talking about the histories making the man made history.
Speaker 2: Well, let's get into it. But king was humiliated by a h I heard last night. Let's get it. We'll be back with Bob Chesney, UCLA head coach jonais Nax on the Petro Somebody Show on A five seventy LA Sports. This is Petros and Money on demand demand.
Speaker 6: Petro Some Money AM five seventy LA Sports. We are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Remember download the app.
Speaker 4: That's free.
Speaker 6: Subscribe to the Petro Some Money Show podcast also free. Click on that AM five seventy LA Sports tab and you can not only get the Petro Some Money Show live anywhere in the world, but if you love the Dodgers and you live and are or are in just in the Greater Los Angeles area. Dodger games can be heard on the iHeartRadio app in the AM five seventy LA Sports tab. All you need is a signal to be in the Greater LA area and Dodger games are wherever you are.
Speaker 2: Joining us right now on your Toyota SoCal Celebrity hotline is the UCLA head coach, creating a lot of positive buzz in town for UCLA football. Today was their last spring practice. Saturday is the spring game at the Rose Bowl noon kickoff. It's free and open to the public and eighteen thousand fans have already RSVP. That's pretty good. It's going to be like a four quarter game offense versus defense, which is you know football. Joining us now is Bob Chesney. We were worried he was going to fall in with the wrong crowd, but he's done the opposite. He's gotten to work and he's changed the atmosphere around UCLA. Bob, what's cracking coach? And thank you for joining us? How are you?
Speaker 3: What is that? My good brothers? I am excited to be here with you.
Speaker 7: We got our spring game, as you've noted, coming up on Saturday, and just excited.
Speaker 3: To get to the Rose Bowl.
Speaker 7: And a lot of these guys will be their first time out there, my second time, so really really excited to do that, staying in a hotel Friday night, getting the entire game day experience in rolling from there. So we just want to simulate everything and get a feel for it before you know, we break from these pads and head into the summer.
Speaker 2: I mean, in yesteryear, when I played college football thirty years ago, the spring game in the late nineties was a real blood bath. I mean, yea after it pretty hard. Obviously that's changed over the years and how to handle these games. Everybody has a different philosophy. What to show the fans. Some people won't even do a game, they call it a showcase. What is your philosophy and in showcasing your guys getting a game day experience before the camp gets rolling and the summer program starts.
Speaker 7: Yeah, our philosophy is to get out there and compete and to do a lot of what we're doing on a day to day basis.
Speaker 3: Here. We want to be a little fun, We want it to be a little.
Speaker 7: Bit entertaining, and at the same time we want to accomplish a lot of football and just see exactly where our guys stand, what lessons they could carry over to that with them, and also do it in front of a lively crowd. And it sounds like we're going to close to twenty thousand people there, and I think that's a big deal for Spring.
Speaker 3: I haven't been part of one of those.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you mentioned the crowd, and as a former frat guy, Petro's former college football player, and I can relate to this as a former frat guy. Coach Pizza would do it for me, kind of walk us through the idea of how you want to get these fans out, how to get this fan base engaged with a great brand like UCLA football, and how that whole process is going.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, I think it's going really well. I think that there was a lot of work that needs to be done on the front end, which I was willing to personally do to get out there, and you know, not only the support other teams, but to support the community. We were just about everywhere. I went to every single game, as many of them as I can, sometimes two or three in the same day, went down to Compton and worked at a food bank down there for a day, and you know, just we've been at the children's hospital across the street here, just trying to do everything we can to make sure everybody knows that you know, we're here to support them, and in turn, I hope they do the same.
Speaker 3: But that's not a prerequisite. We're doing it because it's the right thing to do.
Speaker 2: Bob Jessny, UCLA ahead football coach, coming fresh off a college football playoff appearance with James Madison and a good looking team, physical playing football the right way. I think a word we probably overuse in the business of covering football is probably culture or what does that actually define? As kind of nebulous, But there's no different There's no doubt that there's a different atmosphere around UCLA, and you would expect that with a new coach and a regime. Is that something that just naturally happens when you put the work in and the energy that you put in, or is it something you have to really keep track of every day and kind of coach your whole staff and coaches on how you want things done.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes to both.
Speaker 7: I think initially you assemble the group of men to accomplish this mission, and you hope they're in our interview process that we're all on the same mission. So that had to be the initial part of it, and that had to be clear, and then we had to just come up with the standards and the processes we're going to live by on a day to day basis and then hold each other accountable. And I think you know that's within the building. Then you get outside of this building and there's another way.
Speaker 3: To conduct yourself and carry yourself. And as the most.
Speaker 7: Populated team on this campus, it's important that we do things the right way and that we lend a helping hand where we can, and that we're you know, not just football players, but we're engaged in a lot of other things outside of here. So yeah, it takes a lot of energy, takes a lot of commitment, and that's usually what happens with the Rebirth Right is that people get a little bit excited about it, and it's just you continue to stoke that fire or do you let it kind of die down. And for us, we're going to continue to stoke this thing and make sure that we're injecting as much energy as we possibly can into this community and into this program, and in turn, you know that we'll pay itself forward.
Speaker 4: And pays itself in recruiting, you know.
Speaker 6: There we're we've been this our twentieth year doing the show, and there would be shows on signing day where it would be completely focused talking about fax machines and players from southern California high schools going to UCLA or anywhere else, kind of walk us through that's been going. I know, you had a bunch of high school coaches out for a while and one of the practices and just kind of how that connection has been with the local high schools.
Speaker 7: It's been great, And I think that was probably the biggest knock on me. Rightfully, So I'm not a West Coast guy, so how is it going to build these relationships? And just like any relationship, where does it begin at the start? So we had to start it somewhere. So that's something we were able to do with getting out, you know, into all the different local high schools and then at the same point in time, opening up all of our practices for anybody to stop by media, you know, high school coaches sitting on meetings if they'd like. We did that, and then we moved ourselves forward into you know, having a coach's clinic carright one hundred and eighty different coaches here from four different states, and they had an opportunity to, you know, watch our coaches work through the like a typical clinic which gets done on the board with video. But then we went out on the field and everything we cliniced on, we actually showed them us doing it with our own, our own team. And then the next morning, you know, we had practice, and night before we all hung out here, had a couple of drinks on the patio and just got a chance to spend quality time together. So it's not always just the quantity of that time, but the quality that matters the most.
Speaker 3: And I like to start that we're off to for sure.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm sure holy Cross had a whole different vibe than Salve Regina. And then you know, James Madison, and you've been climbing ever since you started as a coach on this kind of upwardly mobile trajectory, not kind of, and I'm just wondering. You never know where you're going to land when you land, and the power for which is what we call it. Now, there's some unbelievably great things about UCLA as a school and an institution. There's also some challenges and a lot of things you have to kind of check where you don't have to do that at other places. How have you found that the balance of being at UCLA and just kind of adapting to a new environment.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, every day I drive in, I really do think, like, man, how lucky am I that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you feel that way?
Speaker 2: But he's not happy like you, coach, you know, he's not all smiling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he got his own thing. I got my own thing. Let us leave us alone.
Speaker 7: But ultimately, you know, for me, just think about this for one second, Like if I'm one of our football players, I am entrenched in an athletic department here that has six first round draft picks to the w NBA. Right, we'll have the first pick in the baseball draft and probably the third pick in the baseball draft is their number one in the country as well. You have a water polo team that won the whole thing, and nine of those guys will be on the Olympics team. You have a gymnastics team with a gold medal winner on it. You have a beach volleyball team that will be the Olympics team. You know, you just go through the list of people in our athletics department. You're walking every single day with Olympic athletes or first round draft picks, Like that's elite. And I'm not even talking yet about the people in these classrooms, not talking about the few your CEOs and the doctors and the lawyers and the engineers, you know, and all those people like you are. You are, you know, surrounded by greatness. And I think the thing to me is understanding, you know, the environment they're in. It's not just them as a football player, but embrace all of those things and understand how elite everything is at the most applied to you know, college in the entire universe. Right, those are all things that matter a whole heck of a lot. And I think our guys understand how, you know, blessed they are, and they enter it with a lot of gratitude. So whatever the negatives might be and whatever things we got to work through and improve, we'll improve those. But you know this is there's greatness on this campus. And it's important that we get that football team back to that same exact place, coach, just.
Speaker 4: To kind of drill down on that team. And look, we saw it.
Speaker 6: We saw it through the college football playoff and the team that raised the championship trophy. But I guess the one group that would love to know how you kind of take an approach to it when you have as many new guys on an offensive line that are getting to work together, in some cases for the first time, and how we always hear about important chemistry, synergy and getting that particular group to really feel comfortable with one another. What are the challenges if there are any, and and kind of how do you get that group right when they're all kind of new and getting to feel each other out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's always challenges there.
Speaker 7: I think that there's two guys that have three guys that play together at JMU, I think there's you know, there's some familiarity there. I think that provides you with this luxury when you know coach Smith, our offensive line coach or coach Kennedy Roc leave the meeting room. You got three guys in there that know this playbook inside and out and can have separate meetings on the side and just really help bring these people together. But we do a lot of people from a lot of different walks of life that played a lot of different styles of football that you are all now here, you know, with one goal in mind, and I think it's important that they attack that every single day. But it is it takes a minute to get to know the guy to the right or left of you, and often you know, just is just like on the D line or any other really physical position, you end up in the spot where one of those guys that you were really gelled with is not there anymore, right or can't be there for a couple of weeks, or you know, a game at least. So you have to be able to, you know, do a really good job of communicating clearly. The standards got to be really high, and you've got to make sure that on a day to day basis, regardless of who is in there.
Speaker 3: There's trust.
Speaker 7: And I think that trust again comes from their football acumen in the classroom for them to be able to know that they're answering questions the right way and we all feel the same way about it. And then you get out on the field and there's tough moments where you know, you dominate those, or you survive those, or you lose those, and at the same point in time, there's just constant growth, and that constant growth leads to more trust, and then you just keep you know, spiraling that forward as best you can with that group. And I don't think there's ever I don't know how many times there's five that start the first game and are totally intact all the way through out the entire season. So it is important that we also, you know, rotate a bunch of guys through there and get everybody the experience that they need so that when their time is.
Speaker 3: Called on, they are prepared.
Speaker 2: Bob Chesney before we let them go, you cla football coach, And speaking of the water polo team and the basketball team, Corey Close and Adam Wright, the two coaches will be guest play callers at the spring game. I don't know what they're gonna call, hook and ladder, maybe a Bob play, a little week side zone.
Speaker 4: We like you blitz every day.
Speaker 2: No, I heard Corey Close.
Speaker 7: Adam's got a playbook. Adam was at practice today. He's got a playbook. He already sent me four different plays that he needs installed. And we'll do that tomorrow morning.
Speaker 3: He'll come over and.
Speaker 7: Do that with his side of the ball, and then I'll call Corey later see if she wants to do the same. And it's all it's all part of it, a little bit of fun. So we actually have a sheet with you know, eight calls on it, you know, four run, four pass, and then on the back is the defense, you know, a couple of blitzes and they just pick at it and then our our offensive coordinator defense corner called in through the helmet communications. But a pretty cool moment for them to be out there, to be able to select a play and us be able to go, you know, execute it.
Speaker 2: Attention to detail right there with Bob Chesney before we let you go. Coach, you do have going through and through the summer when the coaches can't be out there. Sometimes it's a real convenience to have a quarterback with some experience, and you do have that in Niko Iamalayava. What's he been like to coach? All reports have been that he's a great kid.
Speaker 7: He's a great kid. He's a great kid. And again, I think for everybody on this team, but him in particular. He got here late in the summer last year and then by week three his head coaches, offense coordinators, quarterback coach were all gone. And I think that trying to lead a team through that you know, the situation is really a challenge, especially when you don't have enough hours logged with them yet because you weren't with them in the spring and all summer long. And I think now he's very comfortable in this position. He's very comfortable as being the leader of this team. And I love to watch him come out here every day and compete. And you know, he makes a play, he lets the defense know about it. Right when the defense makes a play, they let him know about it. But it's a cool back and forth and it's fun watching him. He enjoys this game. He loves this game. I think he loves the people he's doing it with, and I think those are things that definitely show in his game. So I'm excited to get a chance to get out there and watch him go on Saturday.
Speaker 6: I gonna be exciting on Saturday. Go to UCLA Bruins dot com the sports tab. You can get your tickets there already eighteen thousand of RSVP twelve pm kickoff, open and free to the public.
Speaker 2: So again, you this is gonna be worth another seven thousand. Coaching depend on twenty five, no doubt about it.
Speaker 3: We'll see I will actually see I know exactly what our numbers were.
Speaker 7: Now that I'm on your show, we'll see what after him.
Speaker 3: We'll see if you actually packed that type of punch or not.
Speaker 2: We'll see. We'll see. Don't make them too good, coach, USC won't want to play anymore. I'm sorry. Have a great night and have a great spring game. Coach.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you, all right, Thanks guys, Go Bruins, man, Wow, so is.
Speaker 4: That the thing now? Go Bruins. At the end of the call or whatever, fight on, guy can actually talk, iz.
Speaker 2: I don't think, are you. I don't think that I would leave his hanging Matt at the freaking Tarantula Hill holding our puzzo's in a four hour show.
Speaker 6: No, that guy would pick us up and drive us to Tarantula Hill and talk to us the entire way about the promise that is ahead for UCLA football. You can hear the belief, you can hear the excitement, and it's contagious.
Speaker 4: More damnit.
Speaker 2: I'm worried, Matt. I'm worried they're gonna get too good and s he won't want to play them anymore.
Speaker 6: And then that doesn't make sense. Whych whylch play doesn't make sense to plan too close, too close. Yore day was too far.
Speaker 2: This is too close.
Speaker 4: It's not worth it.
Speaker 6: We want our guys to feel you can't travel anywhere, our guys to feel the rigors of travel.
Speaker 4: He's gouts too.
Speaker 2: Closet, but he continues on a crunching groom. At Thursday on A five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: Your Home of the Dodgers, Southern California's most listened to the sports talk show This Money on to Man Petro.
Speaker 6: Some Money A five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. We got off day, Dodger talk coming up tonight, Dodgers Cardinals tomorrow, and Kate's Next week, we got a big Dodger event.
Speaker 8: Yeah week from today Thursday, May seventh, you can go out to Downy Hunday look at in seven five five zero Firestone Boulevard of the City of Downey and you can me Pitcher Alex Vesia from four to five pm and join our guide David Vasse, who'll be out there for a special broadcast. Prize is being given away so much more Downy Hundai. It's about the experience. Details on all of our social media outlets at Anfi seventy la sports dot Com.
Speaker 2: All right, it's time for some reaction.
Speaker 4: Remember fine brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers.
Speaker 2: We make it easy. Quick hits coming up next and your final hour fun fact. And right now it is time for some secret text usos. This says, Hey, p I'm white and I'm from insinitis. I was listening to the podcast over the weekend when you played the CB four song. I believe that was in reference to Makay Lemon's snakelike behavior in front of the microphone. Amazing. However, my twelve year old son was listening as I dropped him off at his friend's house. He got out of the car and started singing, I'm black y'all, and I'm.
Speaker 5: Black black y'all, and I'm bleck y'all, and I'm plucking it black, and I'm bleck y'all, and I'm bleck y'all, and I'm fleck y'all, and I'm plucking it black and I'm fleck y'all. I'm blacking black, plucking and black black.
Speaker 2: I'm plugging it.
Speaker 5: Bleck you because I'm bleat and I'm black and I'm blessing I'm bleck y'all, and I'm plucking to black, and I'm fleck y'all, and I'm bleck y'all, and I'm fleck you, and I'm blacking to black, and I'm fleck you.
Speaker 2: And nobody has the c before CD. Send it in to the station thirty four hundred West Sola, fourth floor.
Speaker 6: If you have it on cassette, if you have it on CD, anything, CD, just shoot it my way, would you?
Speaker 2: Thank you? Morning?
Speaker 1: Pe.
Speaker 2: I met Philips before the Dodger game. This was yesterday and I saw a short latina, ordered a pickled egg and a glass of Chardonnay at ten fifteen am. My first thought was interesting order. My second was dark nipples, great sports. Though well, I don't know. I didn't see her, but chances are with that pickled egg, pickle your egg, would you know that? Get some vinegar. That's your Dodger's analyst. When the burden becomes too much. All she did was vomit up a fat non fat David Vese talking point from Dodger Talk. I could do what she does. Put me in pal. Hey, you don't talk about Isabelle like that. She is a great Dodger analyst, and she needed those cooler heads because you. Later last night, Matt, I was at that event in Redondo Beach with Fortunate Youth and Annie Snead and some other local influencers doing the beach life merch drop and somebody asked me, God, can you believe the Dodgers loss and two out of three to the Marlins? And I said, hey, calm down, It's a long season. And would I have been that measured if we hadn't talked to baseball analyst Isabellemara at the group home.
Speaker 6: She sh'd tell uh Tim Kates to calm down. She told me to calm down. She told you to call I would have been measured like that. No, you carried that into the streets.
Speaker 4: Thanks is he?
Speaker 2: I carried that the world.
Speaker 4: You know I'm gonna carry this out into the real world, is he?
Speaker 2: Thank you? This comes from the state of Iowa, and says Lebron talks about Akron like Matt talks about Iowa. I just wanted to thank you and Matt for getting this cook damn Stap song stuck in my head. You have a good debt.
Speaker 5: Indeed want strike couns be ship store.
Speaker 2: I can't stop thinking about it.
Speaker 4: Cheat the feel here the I'm trying to.
Speaker 2: Come on, Marlins, crown.
Speaker 3: Me crown.
Speaker 2: You know, I was thinking and it's irrational, you know, tossing and turned in. It's like it's hoping and dreaming enough to soar. I don't think I think you're gonna die.
Speaker 4: No, but you're gonna permit games and triple plays dead there, you.
Speaker 2: Know, stolling me.
Speaker 5: Perfect.
Speaker 2: Come on, this builds a beautifully.
Speaker 4: This is not an exaggeration. Yes, well, it's just the biggest rock band in the world.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I believe the.
Speaker 6: Album that had Higher on it sold twenty million copies.
Speaker 4: That's the state of music in the early two thousand.
Speaker 2: God, it's good.
Speaker 4: God, it's awful.
Speaker 2: If you talk about the NOD, forget don't forget about two other friends of the show ex baseball coach for shamanad Mark Gubaza and ex Eagles football coach Ben McEnroe Petrosen money friend. Yeah, he was texting us about the NOD as well. Of course, the current coach, coach Machuka, was there, and he has not publicly apologized for the behavior of some of the lacrosse dads. Earlier this week and there's one thing you don't do. You don't go to Las Vegas and talk to Moe Green like that. And you don't go to freaking village Christian and say anything about the wall and get out without an armenia and taking potshots at you. Now what happened? Not much. A glass was broken, A glass was broken at the squads, a glass was broken at the at the don cucos and cooler heads prevailed throughout the night, though, and we have no real beef with the nod that.
Speaker 8: Broken class, by the way, still under investigation, thoseation.
Speaker 4: If in any leads, please come.
Speaker 2: Jim Kates blacked out, got up, thought he saw a ghost of a nod. Dad threw his schooner overhand like he's trying to peg a guy at second when he was a catcher for the Burrows Indians, and then goes, hey, you girls want to have some ice cream?
Speaker 3: Dad?
Speaker 2: Are you okay? Problem solved?
Speaker 4: Problem solved, exactly right?
Speaker 2: All right. We'll be back with more petros and money on AM five seventy LA Sports, your home of Dodger Baseball. We got another hour and we will set it up next with the final hour. Fun fact