Speaker 1: Oje in the Morning show. Uh, bring this story up. I was just reading it on Reddit. I like to start my day on my toilet looking at Reddit and seeing what people are talking about. It's honestly something that gets me, uh, feeling good and nothing gets a good poop out then looking at other people's stuff or am I the a holes on Reddit? So tell me if you guys hate the idea that restaurants will put an automatic twenty percent on your bill for a tip.
Speaker 2: Do you guys hate that idea?
Speaker 3: I don't mind it because that's probably what I'm giving anyway. Unless the service is like amazing, I'll add to it.
Speaker 4: But you say, like already included on the check, gratuities on the check.
Speaker 2: But they don't tell you all the time. See I always check.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, you got to because you got to look for services. I saw it, by the way, when we were in Chicago last week. The restaurant that we went to in Chicago, I saw on the bill that we had there was a twelve dollars Detroit clean fee.
Speaker 2: Basically it was there was it.
Speaker 4: They call that some kind of Detroit clean fee, but it was like it was not tax or anything like that. It was like a fee that they have for that. Did you also know this? Just notice in Chicago they give they charge you for bags.
Speaker 2: Did you say that?
Speaker 1: If you know if you go to a store, if you go to a store, they'll say, would you like this in a bag? I'm like looking and going why would I not wanted a bag? I bought like four bottles of water? How am I going to carry four bottles of water like in my arm?
Speaker 3: Like they charge the charge?
Speaker 2: H and M does charge.
Speaker 3: It's like I noticed one of the restaurants we went to in Chicago they already had like a twenty five percent tip added and it was like additional tip.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, okay, So you guys tell me that you you like it, you like the idea.
Speaker 2: Of that, because I don't mind.
Speaker 4: It's okay, but it will dictate how much I'll add on top of it. If you're already getting twenty then I'm not about to put another twenty percent of So do you if you see that right away, do you then automatically just go you're you know, and you pointed out to them, or do you say that's their business, that's their business. I'm just gonna control what I can control, which is how much more I put on it.
Speaker 2: So listen to this story that I read, and read it.
Speaker 1: A customer removed the twenty percent tip, actually removed it, said I'm not paying it, and his reasoning behind it was honestly not great.
Speaker 2: It was actually bad.
Speaker 1: The restaurant server story is on Reddit right now, sparking a big debate about the whole idea of putting the actual tip on there. But the woman shared to Reddit that she served a family at a large table and the father crossed out the four hundred and fifty dollars built in tip.
Speaker 2: Wow, how much of it?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, No, it was a four hundred and fifty dollars bills built in tip.
Speaker 2: So what would that twenty percent pag A four hundred and fifty dollars bucks? Is that ninety dollars? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Claiming brain on bread, claiming poor service, even though the only mistake was from the kitchen. He later told the manager her piercings were trashy and that she shouldn't work in such a nice place. The case has highlighted the experience that people have where they feel like bold enough to be able to talk about somebody's apparents, but also brought up a lot of people talking about the idea of twenty percent on there and people putting twenty percent or restaurants putting twenty percent.
Speaker 3: He was just I do find myself because twenty percent is just standard to me. Even if I have the crappiest service, I still feel obligated to put twenty percent down.
Speaker 2: Do you guys feel that same way, like you had you better be at least twenty percent?
Speaker 1: Really, you don't do it at least twenty percent even if it's bad service, you got put twenty No, I don't really.
Speaker 2: Which I hate that I do that way.
Speaker 4: Oh you just said bad service. If it's a great experience, yeah, my floor is twenty percent. We may go higher if it's bad start. I'm not about to feel guilted into doing it if.
Speaker 2: It was really bad service. Would you not tip at all? No, I'll always tip if.
Speaker 5: They're having a bad day at work, just like we have bad days on the radio, and you're still getting.
Speaker 2: Paid the same.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not getting paid extra. The tip is extra.
Speaker 2: No, the tip is how they make their money.
Speaker 4: Going with your analogy, I'm not getting anything extra. They're getting extra by my tip. No, but I think what ann saying that the tip is that what they do for their analogy is if I come to work and do my job on the radio, I'm getting paid.
Speaker 2: That's my salary. If they go to work and they do their job, they get paid. I'm not getting aything. But what if you have a bad day, That's what I'm saying. I'm not getting anything extra all right. By the way, Kevin never has a bad day day, He's good. What's up, Lisahi?
Speaker 3: Hey, so I'm in Toledo and we have our burger review guy and he was at Jay Alexander's doing review and they charge for the carry out.
Speaker 2: Oh how much I was? It was just under two dollars from what can I tell you? Just say a lot? Can I tell you something?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 1: The containers at Jay Alexander's are really like nice containers.
Speaker 2: I know it's weird to say this, they.
Speaker 5: Really they really are.
Speaker 4: But I'd rather just have a basic container.
Speaker 2: Not be charged for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't use dirofoam stuff. They use like these plastic, nice little containers and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I always get myself when I'm eating there and alex salad. I love their salads. That's really good.
Speaker 4: That's the thing though, if Jay Alexander in particular, just using them as an example, So that's what we're on. If they want to provide a certain experience, that should be on them. I should have to pay for them to provide me a good experience. That should just be what they do. Crystal, what's up. It's moch on the morning.
Speaker 2: High, good morning.
Speaker 3: Sometimes when they have the built in tip, they give you crappee service because they know automatically they're going to get that twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that's the case. That seems very It's interesting. I bet you that there's a little bit of truth to this. You know that they know they're already gonna get their tip I don't.
Speaker 5: Want, and you're waiting for and then you're waiting for water or next to the coke or bread.
Speaker 2: Or whatever you need.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they already know what they're going to get out of it. Taylor, what's up, it's moje on the morning.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to say, I totally agree with you, Kevin, because honestly, like you got that waitress job knowing that that's the amount your bake, you are making extra money based off your tips. So if you're gonna be rude, or you're not gonna make sure I have my silverware or extra napkins or make sure my drink filled, Like, No, I'm not obligated to feel bad about not giving you extra money because I came here to be served and you're not doing what I asked you to do.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's it's interesting because I always thought that they don't. They only make like a minimum couple dollars an hour or something like that, like a nominal fee. I thought that the tip was their money.
Speaker 5: Because I worked as a waitress myself, and that it's one of the deal. You come in making a certain amount of money, you aren't essentially supposed to make up for that. And at the end of the year when you do your taxes, what happens. Does the government makes up for any money that you would have potentially made the makeup for the minimum wag?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Morgan disagrees with you? Morgan, what'd you want to say?
Speaker 2: Hey, I actually the same thing you said a minute ago to de kech with. They don't make a lot of money at all. You may have a day where you make almost nothing. Yeah, that's not I'm.
Speaker 4: Not arguing that. That's I understand that. What I'm saying is if you give bad service, just because you make a lot of money on the tips that I provide doesn't mean it I actually feel obligated to tip you higher.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm say. Agree with Thattity, Yeah yeah, one perc