Speaker 1: And is me cover cover one condition you woul dance with us.
Speaker 2: Everything you see your father, then you see me?
Speaker 3: Why you many? Ehhh? What do you do for work? Humor is Mankind's greatest blessing. Ct up Saying Money and five seventy l A Sports will be back on tomorrow from three to seven.
Speaker 4: Matt is scheduled to join us from his tour Whoa Whoa Whoa What Tour, the World Tour.
Speaker 3: Tim Get to Pitch Somebody Show on Demand and the Patch of Somebody Show podcast. Listen to today's show, listen to past shows and interviews, all available free for the iHeart Radio app right there, and David Vasse who joined us in the last hour. We'll be back at seven o'clock from Camelback Ran with Blake trining for more Dodger Talk excitement, so Dodger fans stay tuned and of course, all day today we have the honorable host of Dodger Talk and Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck, the one and only Tim Kids.
Speaker 4: Producer shows I'll cim Baseball us Everybody anyway, don't forget to podcast our show and follow us on social media.
Speaker 3: We're going to talk to sliwa next about the Lakers, but right now brought to you by our friends at Concordia University irvines Masters in Coaching and Administration program. It is the final hour fun Fact in effects. Yeah, with three fun fun fact Rimmer has it. You're gonna tape another interview this week for the Well.
Speaker 4: I just finished this episode eighty four last week, which posted on Friday. Derek Olsen, who talk about that a little bit. He is the.
Speaker 3: Elizabeth Olsen who's friends with Essay.
Speaker 4: More on that coming up. I don't think they're related, but I will find out. But he is the beach volleyball coach at the University of San Diego, which hasn't even started yet. They don't launch until twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 3: But what we're doing just staring at the sam.
Speaker 4: Putting the program together. He was the head coach at Oregon and the head coach at Cal before that. So all right, great interview. Check it out podcast. Well you don't even have to. It just shows up if you podcast depend on somebody what trust me?
Speaker 3: Listeners love it. Fun fact about Glendale, Arizona. That's where Camelback ranch is. Would you like to know a little something about Glendale, Arizona, the place the Dodgers call home.
Speaker 4: I would love since I go to Arizona all the time, going there next week as.
Speaker 3: Well, and the Dodgers call Glendale, Arizona home really year round, but especially in the spring. Glendale used to be home to a military airfield that trained Allied pilots, Thunderbird Field. At first, it was a collaborative Hollywood project for airlines and Hollywood types, built with investors like Jimmy Stewart and Henry Fonda and Carrie Grant. And when World War II happened, the Army swooped in, made a deal and started training World War two pilots. When it ended, basically so did the airfield. Now it is the home of the Arizona Christian University Firebirds.
Speaker 4: How about that? I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Well, you should visit Thunderbird Field.
Speaker 4: There is an airport nearby, because there's always planes taken off by Campbell back ratch, but a different airport, I assume.
Speaker 3: I would assume. So that's what I read. Okay, you know what why it's no longer in use? All right, I don't know where the airfield is now.
Speaker 4: That's a great fun fact Petros. I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: That's what I read.
Speaker 4: Quick hits, TMS quick hits. I'll make it quick, y'all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, first full team workout today, camel Back Ranch here is Dave Roberts earlier today.
Speaker 5: So obviously we've got the pictures here. They've been doing fine work, and the catchers and they've been taking patting practice. Position players all arrived are here now, which is good. But I think as far as as we get geared up for Saturday, you know, there's probably gonna be a few guys are regulars that are not going to be in the game, and we have a long way to go, so I don't know how the lineup's going to look in the first few days of spring training and and or how the pitching is going to be, which Mark has got to handle on that. But yeah, just kind of seeing where guys are at. Today's exciting day. We've got a lot of live BPS, so hitters will take them at bat We'll see a lot of different arms and that'll be fun.
Speaker 4: With the guys who are going to be a part of the World Baseball Classic, I mean, do you want to get them out there early or how are you trying to kind of play that out game wise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: They're they're, they're ramping up. You know, Uh, they're, they're, they'll be ready. I'm not sure, you know, I'm at a loss which guys exactly are going to be going to the Classic, But there are I know, hey songs doing stuff and Yamamoto has already thrown alive and show heyes, take us in a bet and he'll be ready. So they're on their way.
Speaker 6: Have you put eyes on ta Oscar here arrived today? And do you feel like the work that he put in during the off seats in signals a message to you?
Speaker 5: So he poked his head in on my morning meeting with the pitches and catchers and he gave me a hello. So I saw that he as a beard. I haven't seen the body, but I heard he's in great shape. So obviously, I think for me, the defense really really ticked up from that series in Denver we had in the summer, and for me, that's the bar. He's gonna move to left field this year, which he's excited about. And yeah, I just I think he's just shown the ability to be a good defender out there, and he's obviously a run producer. So I'm excited to see what Tayo can do this year, very very excited.
Speaker 6: Do you feel like guys like him and Mookie after down years offensively have something to prove to themselves first this season?
Speaker 3: I hope.
Speaker 5: So I think that, you know, the great players, whatever criticisms or expectations people have of them, the great ones expect more and are more critical of themselves. So I would like to that question. I would like to think that Muki has something to prove for himself and Tao as well.
Speaker 4: Tato, is that one of those things where as things kind of got rolling with Tucker, you guys kind of reached out to see if you'd be open to left field or is that one of those things where you kind of did that and afterwards kind of gauge where you're at.
Speaker 5: We made the we made the sign, and then I ended up reaching out to Tayoe and said, this is what's gonna happen, and he said, gave me a big thumbs up and he'll be ready to go. So I think it just speaks to the guys that we have in the room, and if winning is the most important thing, then it doesn't matter the role the position and guys just have bought him.
Speaker 3: What is the vibe.
Speaker 2: Energy like coming into our camp now back to back instead of just you know, defending, Now you're going for a three people.
Speaker 3: What is the what are the guys feeling and coming into this.
Speaker 5: I think it's, uh, it's kind of this is who we are, this is what we expect. And I say that in the work each day guys are excited obviously see each other, which every camp is the same way, But I think for me it's I would expect us to go about each day the same and I think we're as good as anyone at doing that while keeping the long term goal in mind. So honestly, nothing has changed from two years ago to three years ago, to last year to this year. I think we're focused on, you know, being as good as we can be each day.
Speaker 3: More on that. At seven with David Vase, of course Angels, Mike Trout says he's going to move back to play center field this year so we can get hurt after like one inning.
Speaker 4: Oh, come on, he plays all the time. Penchils don't say that after a four year stretch in which he appeared in only forty one percent of the team's games and suffered a litany of injuries. Is right, ca his back, his neck and his back his handmade bone. Oh that's the bone that everybody broke last week during batting practice.
Speaker 3: Remember, Yeah, it's actually very prevalent. In fact, I know you knew that from your baseball time and being the bought Dodgers host and all that. Most recently, Trout hurt his knee. The only fish in the world that has a knee is Mike Trout. Trout and the Angels are moving him back to center field, and they have him also in the plans to continue to DH That makes sense. Trout said he also wanted to play in the World Baseball Classic, but insurance prevented him from playing because you know, he's so injury prone. He said that that was a disappointing I mean, as a baseball man, Caatese, is there anybody whose career has been more disappointing in Southern California when it's all said and done, more than Mike Trout.
Speaker 4: No, all those MVPs Rookie of the Year All Stars, he still doesn't win a championship, still done nothing in the postseason, and he's been hurt the last half decade.
Speaker 3: Only one postseason he appeared in right.
Speaker 4: I think his rookie year or second year in baseball when Mike Social was still there. But imagine calling the insurance companies. All of them are like, yeah, we're trying to get insurance for Mike Trout for the WBC.
Speaker 3: Nice trust, you better call Sweet James at eight hundred nine million. Okay, On to the NBA. The Clippers are twenty six and twenty eight. They are holding onto the tenth seed in the West. They're off until Thursday when they host the Denver Nuggets. We're going to talk to Slee Wah about the Lakers in the very next segment. They're thirty three and twenty one. They're the fifth seed in the West. They're off until Friday when they take on the Clippers. And Lebron held his own press conference at the All Star Game, the only guy that doesn't and was asked about his future.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I want to live. Well, I know you guys that know, I don't know. I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I want to live.
Speaker 4: Just wants to live, man, I want to live now. On Saturday, it was media day for all the players at All Star weekend. It was announced then Lebron will be having his own press conference on Sunday, and everybody freaked out it's coming. He's going to announce his retirement. The tour is officially started for the second half of the season.
Speaker 3: So Lebron, what do you what do you plan to do? I want to live?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I want to live. Thank you, And I know you guys know, I don't know, so, my dear, I just want to just want to live.
Speaker 4: That's all follow up question. Why are we having a separate press conference then? For you to know? No, no, no, no, non't ask him that. Don't don't disrespect the king like that. Tired of getting nailed by the king. I had to look it up. It has now been four All Star Games in a row that he has decided to have his own press conference.
Speaker 3: We'll ask Alan Sleewah in the next segment about whether or not it's time to say goodbye too. I want to live, Lebron James, Yeah, I mean I want most of us do all.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: College hoops petros the top twenty five rankings came out earlier today, and no surprise, the Michigan Wolverines, the number one team in the Country.
Speaker 3: Oh, brilliant. They might not even make the tournament after all that.
Speaker 4: They lost My thirty on Saturday, Michigan reaching the top spot for the first time since well about thirteen years ago. Houston moved up to number two, Duke moved up to number three. Arizona, which lost twice last week, dropped down to number four, followed by Yukon, Iowa State, Purdue, Kansas, Nebraska, and Illinois around at the top ten. Ucla, as you mentioned, took one on the chin to Michigan on Saturday. They go to East Lansing tomorrow night to face tom Izzo and Michigan States. Well, do you have any college basketball games on the horizon, Tim, I think I got one in a week or so. I'd have to check the schedule. I don't have anything coming up for the next couple of days or this weekend.
Speaker 3: So the Raiders your team, Tim, Yes, Big. You have to sit there and hold your tongue and bite your teas and Matt's like they did. Waste They had worst in the last thirty years. Nobody's been wasted.
Speaker 4: The radio, Well, I think they made some of the great hires this offseason. They hired Seahawks quarterbacks coach Andrew Jinoco as their new offensive coordinator. They also announced the promotion of d line coach Rob Leonard as their new DC. The Raiders now have one of the youngest coaching staffs in the NFL.
Speaker 3: They have swall ass Deuce Grooden all Swoll and the strength coach like four foot five all Swoll.
Speaker 4: Clint Kubiak, is thirty eight. The OC is now thirty seven, and the DC, the defensive coordinator, Rob Leonard, is thirty eight. Their three main guys are all under the age of forty.
Speaker 3: They're all peak spring water. Women's hockey USA beat Sweeden five to nothing to advance to the gold medal game.
Speaker 4: They're just absolutely demolishing.
Speaker 3: Sweden. Is where IKEA is. Ronnie went to the biggest Ikea on Earth and got lost in Burbank the weekend.
Speaker 4: There's no shaming.
Speaker 3: I think that was Saturday.
Speaker 4: There's no Saturday. There's no shame in getting lost in the NIKE It's very confusing.
Speaker 3: So they beat Sweden. They're six and oh so far they've outscored their opponents by a combined thirty one to one. Men's hockey all so dominant. Crushed though crowds five to one win over the Germans as they closed the preliminary round play with the perfect three and oh record. The Americans will try to carry that momentum into the quarters where they play the winner of Sweden versus Latvia. It's a collision course between the USA and Canada at both the men's and women's side.
Speaker 4: How about this that happened earlier today the men's slalom. A skier for Norway at l McGrath was the leader going into the second round. All he needed to do was finish his clean run down the mountain and he was gonna win gold. But disaster struck before he even got going full the gold. Norway almost poetic between runs about the privilege of the pressure.
Speaker 1: I am nervous.
Speaker 4: I'm incredibly nervous, this is.
Speaker 1: What he said.
Speaker 4: But I love it. That is my motor. Oh no, so quickly what grath is out and they are cuss a goal for Switzerland. Oh shocking conclusion.
Speaker 7: To it.
Speaker 4: Already crazy slalom day INFORMEO. Yes, McGrath had trouble with the gate early in his run, realizing his shot for a gold medal, a bronze medal, a silver medal.
Speaker 3: Were over with.
Speaker 4: He just stopped to shut it down, got out of his skis, threw his poles, shocked his poles, and walked off the slalom course and went over out of bounds and just laid in an adjacent trail in the snow by himself to reflect on how bad he had done here. He is afterwards.
Speaker 1: I just needed some time for myself. And it's hard to think that.
Speaker 8: You know, the next time I'll be able to ski the Olympics, I will be twenty nine years old.
Speaker 1: And not twenty five.
Speaker 8: And and I gave myself the absolute best opportunity you could today and I skid so great and I still couldn't kind it done.
Speaker 1: So that that's what really hurts now.
Speaker 4: I feel bad because his grandfather did pass away right before the Olympics started, so he's been kind of going away, but he was one run away from winning the entire thing.
Speaker 3: That's very sad, brutal. We've seen this in the past and the Olympics. You know, a guy's gonna win the raids and they get bunked in the leg and they fall over.
Speaker 4: It is a way to go out, just say screw its. You gotta finish, I'm walking off the course. It reminds me of Kimmy Ryking and crashing in Monaco and then getting onto a yacht and drinking, walking off the race and taking his helmet off and just rolling out went gold.
Speaker 3: Screw this all right? Well, uh, that's the second best story. The best story for the Olympics. Well, the third best story. The best story of the Olympics is that they ran out of condoms after three days. The second best.
Speaker 4: Story is the guy that tried to get his girlfriend back the Is that another Norwegian guy? I think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, We're having a bad Olympics. We'll be back with more Petros and Money. Alan Sliwa will join us next with the latest on the Lakers as they get ready for the post All Star break run, and we'll talk a little about the All Star Game as well. Petros Papadakis not Money spar This is Petrosen Money up on.
Speaker 4: Demand Petrosen Money Show on this Monday night, President's Day. Hope you enjoyed your nice three day weekend. Back to the grind tomorrow, but four hours of great sports talk for Eat Sports continues until the top of the hour, and then David Vase live from Camelback Ranch and Arizona. First full squad workout today for the Dodgers as they get ready to their back to back championships. First spring training game is coming up on Saturday against the Angels and timp and you'll be able to hear that game right here on amfi seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 3: They were still keeping an eye on the pro hoops world. It was a big weekend in Los Angeles. Well, at least Sunday was Palpable joining us to discuss it all. He's got a show on YouTube, he's got a show on the iHeartRadio app. He's right here on AM five seventy. He's our Laker correspondent, Alan Sleewah on your Southern California Toyota neither celebrity hotline here. I don't I want to know first, sleiwa, how many like were you out with Drew Ski at Craigs at three in the morning? Like what what kind of All Star weekend were you able to cobble out for yourself as a basketball pundit?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what day it is at this point. You know what I mean?
Speaker 7: When you spend that much time out on the streets and so much.
Speaker 1: Booze and everything.
Speaker 7: I just it's exactly my personality. So you can only imagine Pete. You can only imagine.
Speaker 4: I can imagine like on Andrew Biningham's shoulders somewhere in a club with arms flailing in the air, maybe wearing a tank top. Uh did you go to any of the events?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Sleep while, I mean it seems always such a corporate vibe. But were you were you out and about at all?
Speaker 1: You know, I didn't go.
Speaker 7: I've gone to I've gone to previous All Star events in the past when they were in La gone to the one. This was a while back. They had one out in Vegas years ago. If you remember that got flew.
Speaker 1: Off the bar.
Speaker 3: They threw a guy off the Ghost Bar.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was that was a little extreme. But yeah, no, and here here's the here's the.
Speaker 1: I will tell you.
Speaker 7: And just kind of looking back at that time, there was a time where you're like, yeah, the NBA is never going to Las Vegas and then as in they'll never be in Vegas with a team or anything like that, And it's entire weekend they're talking about expansion with Seattle in Vegas. We know it's eventually gonna happen, but I did not partake this weekend having the past. They're always fun to do, but I was I was okay to take a step back in these events.
Speaker 4: What did you think of the overall weekend slee while from Tuesday afternoons skills competition. Everybody wants to call out the crowd. It's a made for TV event, certainly, but yesterday this US versus the World for twelve minute games, it was kind of cool. I was kind of into it yesterday.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Listen, I think think about how much negative press the NBA has got about the All Star weekend for years now, and if there's some time to give them credit for they do try different things, and I think they're open to saying, Okay, well this isn't working, let's try something different. I liked what I saw yesterday.
Speaker 1: Maybe I liked it.
Speaker 7: Because there were certain players that competed, and I just kind of liked the concept. I like the concept of seeing what that world team look like. I like how they separated the two USA teams, kind of the younger generation the older generation. I like the twelve minute quarters. It kind of kept everything fresh. Yeah, and then you obviously got to the championship game, and the championship game was what it was. But I thought it was competitive. I thought it was different. I thought it was new. I know there's a you know a few old heads that like the old format. The problem with the old format is they don't care about the old format, as in the players don't. So at least this gave us a little bit different of a look, and I thought it was more competitive.
Speaker 4: It is kind of sad that we're like, hey, they played, I know, like that's kind of crazy. Here's my problem though with the Weekendsley was Saturday, I'm watching Duke play and there's Cooper Flag sitting courtside at Cameron Indoors, one of your young superstars in the NBA, and Michael Jordan's obviously got his NASCAR event. But where's Barkley, Where's where's the whole gang? Where where's Larry Bird? Where's the NBA greats this weekend on display? I just felt like there was none of that this week and outside of just the games in the current players.
Speaker 1: It's fair.
Speaker 7: I guess I've I've dropped my expectations so far down when it comes to NBA all Star weekend that I can just try to enjoy the weekend knowing that I'm not going to expect too much. I didn't expect much, expect much from the dunk contest, and you know what, there was nothing to get too excited about. I think whatever are whatever the past was is how we used to think of the All Star Game. That's just not it today. And Petro's what you just said about you're complementing the players for you know, caring or whatever the case is. It's like, yeah, that's that's kind of the world that we're in. Or they keep I keep seeing people send me out, Well what if they throw more money to go do this? I'm like, how about you just do your job. You're already getting paid hundreds of millions of dollars. But that's that's not exactly today's NBA.
Speaker 3: Alan sliwah Our guest on the Petros and Money Show. The man knows his stuff when it comes to basketball, and he has a very very legible, straightforward delivery that I, for one appreciate. The Lakers are in a certain place coming in on to Friday where they play the Clippers. Not exactly the worst team that's going to make the playoffs and certainly not the best and they're kind of right there in the middle. But Austin Reeves is back. What are your expectations going forward for what the rest of the season entails.
Speaker 7: I think they're going to be competitive. I think you know, exactly where they're sitting right now in the Western Conference is probably where they'll eventually be. Do I is there a chance they can get up to the fourth seed or maybe even the three? Sure everybody's within a game and a half of each other. They could also be in the playing tournament, which I'm not expecting that to happen. I think it's more likely that they kind of stay exactly where they are. Expectations I think in the second half of the season is I just want to know what they're ceiling is, and maybe the only way we're going to find that out is when Luca Lebron and Austin Reeves play more than ten games. That's how many games they've played the first fifty two how many games or fifty four games? What does it look like when they're all on the court together. What does it look like if Aighton's having a good game, if Marcus Smart I don't know if I know their full ceiling and their full potential yet because of some of their injuries, but I also kind of know what they are. There's probably a good chance that anytime they play a team against or anytime they go up against a team that's over five hundred, they're probably going to struggle, which is obviously not a good sign for the playoffs. And they'll take advantage of teams that are below five hundred to kind of help them with their with where they are in the standings. But we have a pretty good idea of what they are. I'm just curious. Can we get a ten to fifteen game stretch where Luca, Lebron and Ar can play together and what does that look like.
Speaker 4: I think the two big things Leewar be healthy going into the postseason and just be one of those top six teams right stay out of the play in tournament. And if this team is healthy, as you mentioned, they haven't played together the big three very much this season. If they're healthy enough, all three of those guys and Marcus Martin Kruez for the PL I think it's intriguing to see what they can do in a series.
Speaker 7: I think it's intriguing, but I do think there are Let's just use this example. You say, stay top six. I think they got to be better than that. And what I mean by that is I think home court would help them a ton. If they can get home court in that first round, that could be the difference of advancing in the first round or not. I'm just going to give an example here. Let's say they took on the Rockets in the first round. Houston has home court versus Lakers have in home court. I do think that matters. And you know, this team has been so inconsistent and times they've shown that, yeah, they can hang in times. You see the greatness of Luka Doncic or you know, some of these other individual players. But I think every small thing matters for the Lakers. They kind of need everything to go their way to make a little bit of.
Speaker 1: Noise in the playoffs.
Speaker 7: So I would try to be a little bit greedier than just hey, get in and avoid the playing tournament.
Speaker 1: Because I think home court would really help the Lakers.
Speaker 3: How long? And everybody interprets news differently, negatively or positively, but it's always news. How long do you think the Lebron farewell Tour is going to be because you know it's going to be more than one season. So how long do you think it's going to be?
Speaker 7: I think the over unders four four right now, kidding, but you might not be. I actually I think it will be. You think it's going past the year? I think a year sounds A year sounds right. I mean the problem is.
Speaker 3: It's like already sort of happening, right, and we're like in it, but we're not any when I know you will know like, how long is this going to go on?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm hoping this. I think you know I've said this before somebody that Look, I think Lebron kind of brought the course back in some weird shapeway or form. He kind of got the Lakers back on course. Now it's been a roller coaster ever since he's been on the Lakers. They can either win a championship, compete, or not make the playoffs. I mean, they've kind of been all over the place. But I do hope that this is it for Lebron as a Laker. And that's no disrespect to Lebron, but twenty three seasons in the NBA eight with the Lakers, I think this kind of idea and concept of him going to Cleveland and playing his final year there and letting everybody know before the season starts that this is it, this is my final year. I think that's the right way for him to go out. But yeah, you know, maybe he is playing twenty five seasons and we are doing this for a couple more years, and I guess it shouldn't surprise us if that ends up happening.
Speaker 4: Sleeve what my guy Kendrick Perkins said this morning that the NBA may not be ready for life after Lebron James And I thought about that.
Speaker 3: For really Kendrick Perkins question.
Speaker 4: He just brought it up, and I got thinking about that. Lee Will, I think he might be right once Lebron Well, I say this, I think Kendrick says because he's so polarizing, and every time he plays, win or lose, whatever he does or doesn't do, it's talked about the next day. NBA fans are reacting to it on social media. You take Lebron out of all, this is the NBA ready for that? I mean, what's the daily conversation?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think the concept is interesting because he's been in the ecosystem for so many years. Literally twenty three years. He's been the ecosystem, probably even before that, when they were talking about him in high school and the hype was already starting in ESPN was already carrying some of his games. I think life will go on, and you know, I think there's some people out there. I'll use me as an example. I'm a huge NBA fan, was a fan well before Lebron, will be a fan well after Lebron. I'm kind of ready. I mean, I'm telling you guys here, I'm ready for that chapter to change with the Lakers. I think for the NBA just in general, you got a lot of great players that are out there. Okay, maybe they're not going to be as polarizing as Lebron, but how many more years do you want to you know, how much more juice can you probably possibly get out of that Lemon So I would say that I'm okay with that page turning on. It might be an adjustment for maybe a little while, but they'll catch on.
Speaker 1: Don't worry. They'll be talking about other players.
Speaker 3: Close the book. Alan sliewill the best of the best when it comes to straightforward NBA Lakers analysis without the poison hatred of some people like myself.
Speaker 4: Ain't that the truth?
Speaker 3: Well? What can you do?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: I speak my soul. He's a YouTube and on A five seventy and of course on the iHeartRadio app. Thank you, Alan, have a great day.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Here it goes and we'll be back with your dead and a live guy birth the other day and then live to camble Back Rants because Dave's back. Who's back at Campbell Back? Matt's on the tour? What tour? The world Tour.
Speaker 4: On demand mercifully coming to an end? Is Pettersen money on this I'm a Horse Monday. David Vasse coming up next for the first Dodger Talk live from Campbell Back Ranch. Blake Trinan will be on with him. We talked to him in the last hour. He's also on Spectrum Sportsnet. We are your home, back to back World Series Champion super Champions, your Los Angeles Dodgers, and don't you freaking forget it every moment right here on AM five seventy, LA Sports and the iHeartRadio App. Make sure to follow us on Instagram and Twitter and all of those different things so you can stay up with what we've got going on, because what we've got going on is the best great sports talk.
Speaker 3: That's right. It's all right there on the iHeartRadio app. A big thank you to Ronnie Fassio at Ronnie Fassio on X who is our engineer, will post the maybe almost already posted it now. Sometimes he's right there, right there, right after he plays his last song.
Speaker 4: Well, the final song just played, so right I see him typing right now.
Speaker 3: And then at Tim Kates on Twitter. Tim has a very interesting style on Twitter. Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 4: That's a backhanded slap right now.
Speaker 3: No, it's not.
Speaker 4: That is a slap.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you're very active and sometimes not so active. That's all I'm saying. What your ted, Guy Berts, And a big thank you to Alan Sleewah and Vassa. And we'll be back on tomorrow for another four hour show. And Matt is supposed to be on. We'll find out he's on the tour. What tour?
Speaker 4: Oh, the world tour.
Speaker 3: Otis Blackwell ninety five years old today from Brooklyn, New York. Grew up learning to play the piano. Otis Blackwell is a very interesting character in the world rock and roll. At twenty one, years old. He wont a talent contest at the Apollo and Harlem. Even though you're extremely white, you are aware of the Apollo and Harlem, are you not? Tim?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 3: Do you ever watch show Time on the Apollo after Saturday Night Live?
Speaker 4: A few times? Two times when the show ended, it was pop right on?
Speaker 3: Maybe leave it on accidentally in your case. Lotus wrote the songs that laid the foundation for rock and roll. His first release was his own song Daddy Rolling Stone in nineteen fifty five. As a songwriter, he wrote Fever, which was a huge song for Peggy Lee. That one doesn't do anything for you either, Tim, if it's not warrant or striper from our childhood or kid in play.
Speaker 4: Peggy Logy, you give me fever? Oh man, you kiss me Fiva fever? Yeah, he wrote Fever. He has an extremely profitable association with Elvis Presley. Otis Blackwell wrote, don't be cruel? Does that ring a bell?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: I could hear that Elvis sound? He wrote, Yeah, return to Sender. Yes, he wrote all Shook Up, Big Elvis hits No just hold on He wrote him, performed him in an Elvis stole.
Speaker 3: He wrote them for Elvis.
Speaker 4: He wrote four Elvis. Okay, He's in the Grammy Hall of Fame for Great Balls of Fire, which he wrote for Jerry Lee. Leuk Fever is also a Hall of Famer. This is not a joke. This guy is in every single music hall of fame. In the late eighties, Vernon from Living Color put on a huge tribute concert for him in New York, Okay, second out to nine. His own records never cracked the top forty. So yes, he can write him.
Speaker 3: But this song sold and still sell. Here's the craziest thing. Otis Blackwell. We never met Elvis Presley in versus Stop? What does that happen? Wrote the songs, gave him to the studio, the label Sun Records. Elvis was in Memphis probably when he was recording that stuff. This guy was in Nashville. I don't know. I never met him, it was said. But Madonna, the La Punk Band, X, James Taylor, the Who, Bob Dylan have all recorded Otis Blackwell songs and he and I believe met some of those people in person.
Speaker 4: Very cool man who shaped a lot of our musical history.
Speaker 3: Correct. That's why I said, laid the foundation for rock and roll I love it. Well, there you go, Tims Blackwell.
Speaker 4: Well, that's a great dead guy. Birthday of the day. I think you're gonna enjoy.
Speaker 3: Really wanted the a live guy.
Speaker 4: Well, I had a Coppola, I had August Cool.
Speaker 3: You cannot.
Speaker 4: I mean, I wrote it all out during my compass name yesterday, wrote it all out, And why.
Speaker 3: Didn't you just do it for Wednesday? Damn it?
Speaker 4: I probably could have. I literally erased. Still, it was on a Google doc and I erased dude and wrote the alive guy for today.
Speaker 3: You got to check first, because hey, you got to get up pretty early in the morning to beat me to the dead and a live guy. You can ask your brother on tour.
Speaker 4: What tour the world tour?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 4: All right, Petros beat it out my good friend Eric Burnsey Burns, who's fifty.
Speaker 3: Years old, former Petro somebody again.
Speaker 4: Great UCLA Bruin, great guy by the way, and beating out Keith Gretzky. Yes, the brother of Wayne Gretzky.
Speaker 3: He still live in Canada.
Speaker 4: I'm not really sure about that. I'm sure he does. Happy birthday to somebody who has been talked about on this show more in the last I don't know, four months than they have been in their entire career, and their career has really taken off in the last ten years. Happy birthday, thirty seventh birthday to Elizabeth Chase Olsen.
Speaker 9: And I also do like the two hours of the postgame show that follows because I have Spectrum and so they do like a whole separate thing, Like you changed the channel from Fox to Fox Sports whatever it is one or something, and then you go to Spectrum.
Speaker 4: So you actually like watching postgame analysis?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 9: Wow, Well, specifically for Spectrum, there's a guy named David Vichet who interviews the guys and he's kind they like, I can't tell if they're bullying him, okay, but he's very funny. But I don't know what's I don't actually know what their relationship is.
Speaker 4: Yes, that Elizabeth Olson, who then went on Channel seven's late night show and had this to say, literally.
Speaker 9: A Spectrum so that I can watch all the content. I love watching the David Day stuff so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So Elizabeth Olson born and raised right here in the San Fernando Valley eight. She is the younger sister of the Today she's thirty seven years old. She's the younger sister of the most popular Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, twins from of course Full House. They have gone on to live very mysterious.
Speaker 3: Lives they have.
Speaker 4: They're real weirdos after their two geckos. She began acting when she was four and her sisters were six, and on Full House. As she got older, though, she took to ballet more than acting, wanted to actually get out of Innerta a business altogether, but decided to go to NYU after graduating from Campbell Hall High School right here down the street, and she spent a semester at Moscow Art School in Russia. Wow Wallet NYU, Sh'd get some roles in off Broadway plays and the hunger for acting was there again for Elizabeth Olsen, who, immediately after graduating from NYU landed a role in Godzilla opposite Brian Cranston and a Aaron Taylor.
Speaker 3: Johnson That's the Original Godzilla.
Speaker 4: The same year, her in Dakota Fanning also the eight one eight co starred as teenage girls in Brooklyn in the film Very Good Girls. A year later, twenty fifteen, things dramatically changed for Elizabeth Olsen when she got the role in Avengers. She has gone on to be in every single Avengers movie that has come out since the sequels. What is she in there, Wanda Maximov Scarlet Witch? Oh yeah, okay, yeah, she's an Avengers, Age of Ultron, The Avengers, Captain America's Civil War, Avengers Infinity War, and Avengers Endgame. It made her a megastar. She branched off after that, produced and started her own Facebook series, in which she was nominated Petros for a Critics Choice Best Actress in a Drama Series Award. The show was only two years, called Sorry for Your Loss in twenty eight and twenty nineteen on Facebook. Most recently, I didn't know Facebook had shows. I didn't either. Most recently, she appeared as Joan in the romantic comedy Eternity, which we almost watched last night. My wife wanted to watch it alongside Miles Teller and Caleb Turner that was released in November and is now on on release. She and actor Boyd Holbrook, who was in the series Narcos, had a relationship from twenty eleven to twenty fourteen. She then started dating musician Bobby Arnett from the band Milo Green, got engaged and since July of twenty nineteen. This is going to be devastating to David Vassie. Since July of twenty nineteen, they have been married. They got eloped, they eloped, They didn't get eloped. They eloped in twenty nineteen after months of dating. They live here, curently here. They live here in Los Angeles. She of course watches David Vachet all the time on Spectrum.
Speaker 3: This guy really funny. Her and her husband have actually something's wrong with him.
Speaker 4: You're gonna like this. Her and her husband actually wrote a children's book called Hattie Harmony Worried Detective Oh Hattie Harmony Opening Night, Its experiences with anxiety in children's books. Son. Happy thirty seventh birthday to Elizabeth Olsen, who has still not been on Dodger Talk with David Vachet.
Speaker 3: Vachet's up next. I mean he's not Blake Trynon who sprayed the champagne in his face and said, hey, Dave, you wanted to exclude.
Speaker 4: She's mentioned David Vachie twice on late night TV shows and has not been on Day. We gotta change this.
Speaker 3: Che David from campale Backs and Giant everybody. We'll be back tomorrow,