Speaker 1: All right, let's go back out to the phones. Eight sixty six two five seventy is the phone number. Let's start out with Dave in La. Lead us off, Dave, You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: I've been listening to the Dodgers for over two decades and Los Angeles is a city of champions, and I am Dodgers all day. And the one question I just can't understand is if we're a city of champions, how are you the voice of the Dodgers for all these years. I just don't understand it, because well, you just don't seem very qualified.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, I think I recognize that voice. Can you laugh for me, Dave in La? And then it'll confirm if it is who I think it is.
Speaker 3: Ah, it's Dave Roberts. What do you do with Dave roy?
Speaker 2: Hey, Dave, I'm on my off Dave right now. And I heard you were having a party in Downey right now, Downey Hyundai. And Sam is a good buddy of mine. So I've never called into Dodger Talk, but I had to say hello, And I wish you and all these Dodger fans a good time. Man.
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 1: The three time World series manager for the Dodgers, Dave Roberts, calling into Dodger Talk as we are out here broadcasting from Downey Hyundai. The fans love Alex Vesia, Dave, but they certainly love you. I'm sure you feel a lot of love these days whenever you go out, and the city of LA really showing you the love that you deserve.
Speaker 2: No, I do, and Alice Vessi is one of my favorites as well. And I'm telling you that there's nothing like the Dodger fans. And I know we got a big one with the Lakers tonight, but I just love what you do. I love our fans, and like I said, I love Sam, I love the city of Downey and greater Los Angeles. I just love what you're doing for our fans. And you keep everybody connected, Dave. So I hope you know we got to bring a third championship. We got to go for that three peat this year though we need we need our fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who wants that three peat? The manager set in the tone on Dodger Talk for that three peat. Yeah, everybody wants it. Everybody's still hungry. And the way that we connect Dodger players and their manager, Dave Roberts, is by showing their true selves. Vessie, it was on earlier people got to see that side of him and Dave, we are going to do it with you every week, a pregame interview with Dave Roberts, and we'll share that after the games as well.
Speaker 3: So I'm really excited about that.
Speaker 1: Courtesy of our guys Sam at Downey Hunday and of course our friends at Wellness Wellness Care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking forward to that. Dave. I think for me is you know, I think people you know steaming manage and get to know a little bit of me as far as pre and postgame, but this will be a it'll be different. So you and I have a conversation once a week, and I just want to give the fans, the listeners more of an inside scoop, a peak behind the curtain. And I think that's what my hope is. You know, it's been eleven years from me managing the Dodgers, so I want to do something special for you, and obviously I've known you for a long time and for our fans as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've known Dave since he played and he's one of the best people you'll ever meet a guy that you know when you talk about local credibility, Dave Roberts, you have that UCLA playing for the Dodgers. Maury Will's your mentor. It just seems like you're the best fit for this city, for this team. And that's part of the reason why you and Andrew Friedman have been together this long. Marriages don't last as long as you and Andrew Friedman.
Speaker 2: You know what it's what LA is all about, you know, loyalty, consistency, and passion. And so I know, personally speaking for our whole organization Andrew in particular, players in particular, is we just feed off the passion from our fans. And I know you get it every night. Man, you defend our players. You're the voice of the fans, and so you know, and you hear that passion every single night on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Dave, And since I have you on the line, and Dave Roberts has surprised us with the call. Mookie Betts has headed out to Oklahoma City for rehab games over the weekend. Do you feel like Dodger fans if they came to a game on one of those four against the Giants. They may see Mookie Bets in the lineup.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you know, if he's going to go on his rehab assignment, So that's exciting for all Dodgers. So he the plan is, if it goes well, he'll be back joining us on Monday night. So the hope is that we get him for three of those four games against the hated Giant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, baby, we love to hear that. That'll be great.
Speaker 1: And you know, before you called in, I was going to get into defending my guy, Dalton Rushing. Don't you think it's crazy that articles are being written about how he has to defend his character. I mean, what can you say about Dalton Rushing and just who he is as you've gotten to know him. It feels like it's a little misrepresentative of who he really is. All these stories being and people talking about him.
Speaker 2: Absolutely Doan's a great young kid. He's going to be a great Dodger for a long time, you know. And I like the fire that he plays with. Obviously, you know, when you're in the heat of the moment, there's things that you say and probably you know, would love to take back, but it certainly not meant to harm anyone. Or disrespect anyone. He plays with that fire that I think has made him the player that he is. Maybe at times we all can temper certain things, but he's going to be a great Dodger for a long time, and certainly a lot of the stuff that's being said about him has been overblown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go, Dave.
Speaker 1: If anybody else asks you about Dalton Rushing, I'll step in during those media scrums.
Speaker 2: How about that feel free too? Thank you very much. I appreciate that, David.
Speaker 1: Hey, Dave, I don't know if you know this about me, but I do the infrared sauna at least twice a week.
Speaker 2: Well, I've noticed, man, your skinless good, your weight loss good. So I was wondering if you've found that fountain of you. So, like I said, I've known you for thirty years, So the infrared sauna has got to be the key. I thought it was rest and diet and things like that and hitting the weights, but it's the infrared sauna, I guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I was watching your interview with John Schneider while I was in the infrared sauna today, and I'm just wondering when Schneider told you you actually you were better than the guy asking the questions, because you got the best answer out of John Schneider. You asked him when he walked show Hao Tani four times in tention during Game three of that eighteen inning marathon, was it about him pitching the next day? And when you said in Houston you were watching Otani and just decided it would be best for him not to lead off in DH and just pitch. I was wondering if you heard John Schneider's answer in your head when you were watching Otani the night.
Speaker 2: Before, you know what, I was, you know what? And I felt that, you know, it was one of those things that he was on base eight or nine times that game in Game three in the World Series, And I've always wanted to ask him, if I had an opportunity after that game, if that was with some intent behind it, And I think he answered truthfully, and like you said, you never want anybody on base. But I do think that it was a tax on show Hey the next day, and I think it kind of sparked something in me to keep an eye on him and his workload and not try to take for granted and feel that although we think that he is superman, that he still is Clark Kent and is human at times, and we still got to be mindful because we got a lot of baseball left to play.
Speaker 3: No doubt.
Speaker 1: And Dave Roberts always has his finger on the pulse, a lot of information that he has that we don't have that goes into his decisions. And can't wait to do this once a week with you.
Speaker 2: Dave.
Speaker 3: Thank you again for calling in.
Speaker 1: I love I love the surprise, and certainly everybody here in Downey loves Dave Roberts and Downy Hunday loves you very much. Our guy Sam is right here in Avesia, Jersey, and he's starting the wave out here at Downey Hunday for you.
Speaker 2: I love it. Well. Tell us Sam and all those Dodgers Ansai said hello, and I'll see them out there at some point soon the summer.
Speaker 3: All right, Dave, thanks a lot. We'll see you tomorrow at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 2: Take care of Dave. Bye, guys.
Speaker 1: There he goes Dave Roberts. Dave in La trying to surprise us right there, and Dave is going to be brought to us all season long by Downy Hunday and of course our friends at urgentcarekit dot com. Heading into summer without a medical emergency is a risk. You've heard Dave talk about it. Be ready with an urgentcare kit, say forty five dollars at checkout with the code blue at urgentcare kit dot com slash blue. Urgentcarekit dot com slash blue