Speaker 1: On air at AM five to seventy LA Sports and on demand on the iHeart Radio app.
Speaker 2: This is the Petros and Money Show. You are one of the kind, hosted by.
Speaker 1: Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade. Look at him and the voice of the Bolts not Money Smith. The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 3: On the home of your world champion, Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Poetry is written with tears, fiction with blood, and history with invisible ink.
Speaker 3: Bummy us, Petros and Money A five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app, making our way until seven pm. One hour is in the books. A big thank you to Don McLean. Very next segment, David Bassey wild offensive affair out in Goodyear, Arizona against the Reds, a walk off in the bottom of the ninth for Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: I didn't like what Ellie day La Cruz did that he did to gritty and I didn't like seeing it, and I didn't like that on the outskirts of the desert in a meaningless game. I didn't like what he.
Speaker 3: Did in place. Time and place is what Kate's called for and only Kate's cares. In our very last segment, Ellie de la Cruz doing the gritty.
Speaker 2: I don't like what he did.
Speaker 3: In a fourteen to thirteen contest against the Dodgers. Not right.
Speaker 2: David Vasse will join us next. Matt is going to talk about the NFL. There's some more bird news and we did have just as we referred to, and only Kate's cares. The schedule is as follows. Tonight seven o'clock Dodger Talk STU. Tomorrow is a flex alert. We started two Clippers versus Spurs tip off at six thirty. It's not involved. If it was the Spurs, he wouldn't play Warriors. Big I thought the Clippers played the Pacers last night.
Speaker 3: When will you stop charging us more for vegan milk?
Speaker 2: That's an echo park. Sunday Big ten College hoops here on m FI seventy. Tim Kates, We'll be on the pre aff and post for number three versus number eight at ann Arbor, Michigan, Michigan State tip off at one thirty. Yes, it is a Midwestern contest. A lot of beer a lot of vaping. Very cold is over lakes, pure Michigan ladies and gentlemen. All right, we'll take it somewhere else in the world. Matt with the word of the day. How his words? The word of the day. Today's word of the day is gator. Now, I've never been to Gainesville, and I'm sure that there's something in Gainesville that's cooler than everybody in the swamp at a Florida game singing. I won't back down between the third and fourth quarter. But if there is something cooler in Gainesville, the home of Tom Petty, I don't know what it is. New Florida coach, Matt. Do you remember who Florida hired to be their head foods smaller two lane guy? Yes, John Sumraw Bingo, well done, some rall. The new coach at Florida did a photo shoot and when he was standing out there doing the photo shoot, they brought out a live seven foot alligator to make it cool. Like here, I am the coach of the Gators, and I am standing with this alligator because we play in the swamp. Now, a seven foot alligator. I know Ronnie's scoffing in there because it's not as big as a big gator that Troy Landry would pull out of the water in swap people to catch and choot. That's more of a twelve ten foot gator.
Speaker 4: I'll go gotta get that fourteen foot getter now, Pacha.
Speaker 2: But some raw did a shoot to look cool in the swamp where they live. Gator some rawl said, hang on, what am I doing here? I'm pretty certain i'd look like Chubb from Happy Gilmore if the alligator had gotten close to my hand.
Speaker 3: That is a quote from the new coach at floor Latable by the kids. They do love the Happy Gilmore.
Speaker 2: I guess some raw got a little too close to it, and it hissed and snapped a couple times during the photo.
Speaker 3: Shut right, tell me a seven foot gator is not able to keep his temple in a photo shoot.
Speaker 2: So I'm the head coach of the Florida Gators. Who are you snapping at? Would you snapping? Will must champion such a weir. The alligator's name was Helen Uh from a nearby gay gator farm. A gay gator farm, no straight? I just why are you done it?
Speaker 3: I'm stuttered, man, I'm sorry? Are you gay?
Speaker 2: You know I have a speech at pediment. You want to make fun of that too, You want to make fun of that? Said what I didn't say gay, I said gator. You said gay first. If you want to be like a Georgia fan and be like, hey, we're taking on the gay tours, you be that way.
Speaker 3: But I'm not patty like that, whether it comes to the sec not be.
Speaker 5: Where does the USC basketball play at the Gay and Center?
Speaker 2: Right about that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Saturday, free tickets get him from the Sons of Westwood back to the game.
Speaker 2: Talk about gay sons of Westwood. Those guys are pretty gay. Other men of Westwood. The USC wan's gay too, the Sons of Troy. When the Sons of Troy beat the men of Westwood, they grease each other up and go slip sliding. Jesus, I was just talking a gay gator. Yeah, Okay. Matt sum Raw was the coach at Troy and then Tulane, and it is amazing he survived this long in the South without being eaten by an alligator. Anyway, if we lived in Florida, I'm sure we'd see these pictures. Unfortunately, we do not live in Florida and we don't follow the football program very very closely.
Speaker 3: Be cool. If you did what that one coach did with a shark and get all naked and laid with it.
Speaker 2: That was also a Florida coach. And that was not That did not happen. That was not him. That that was not him.
Speaker 3: That was definitely him.
Speaker 2: That was the Colorado State coach. I covered that guy. I forget his name starts with an M. I think the guy that he f the dead shark, But that wasn't him. Like for years, every time I mentioned that, people would feel we'd be like, you're wrong. It was a different, weird white coach. It wasn't a coach at all. But I do have to be I do have to say if I was an adventurer and I fought some giant, thousand pounds shark and pulled it out of the water, I might take off my clothes and pose with it and lay with it. Yeah, it was to stop me. If my friends are into it on the boat.
Speaker 3: Hey, take off all your clothes.
Speaker 2: Take off your clothes, and you made missionary position on top of this shark.
Speaker 3: You think it'll look good. I think will look awesome. Do the gritty next to it?
Speaker 2: That goes too far? Time and place for the gritty that shark gave us life. It's one thing to lay on it's sexually, it's another thing to dance over it. It is time for the number of the day. Up, number of the day.
Speaker 3: All right, number of the day is I don't know five. What's it been since our last taste test? Five years felt like it was.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't remember. I gotta be honest, I do not remember the last one. I truly remember, like legitimate.
Speaker 2: The last time we had McDonald's in here was a big rib and it was a terrible fifteen years ago or something. Well, we had the the Dorito's tacos were a big hit.
Speaker 3: Oh, there we go. That's probably what about ten years ago. Yeah, you know, it's been a while, been a while. So today I made a comment the other day about Rodney eating on the air. So Matt brings in four different cheeseburgers for us. This thing on air, anybody can do the whole Let's let's try a big arch and see what it tastes like.
Speaker 2: But the true cats bought two big arches and a shamrock shape.
Speaker 3: Unbeknownst to us that we mine was twenty seven eighty four for one Big Mac quarter pounder with cheese, Big Arch and cheeseburg.
Speaker 2: What is the thought process behind the four burgers.
Speaker 3: I think we you know, as experts, that we are in the world of quick serf. Call it quick serve, don't call it fast food. I think it's important to recognize presentation taste as they compare to stay that we've become used to throughout the course.
Speaker 2: I guess yeah, I do know those other ones, and I'm not as familiar with the Big Arch, So.
Speaker 3: I think if you take the bite of the Big Arch, I'd like.
Speaker 2: To apologize to you, Big Arch, I was not familiar with your game.
Speaker 3: Then you can taste it against the bite of a quarter pounder.
Speaker 2: Now for context, the Big Arch up until this week has only been available in Germany, the United Kingdom, and Canada and some other places in Europe.
Speaker 3: And I would assume it's done very well. I don't know. Yes, it's a rival here on our show.
Speaker 2: Now it's here in America. Up until last week, you could only get it in California on an app, the McDonald's app in Corona, and now it's opened up to.
Speaker 3: Everybody, picked up right up the street in Burbank. So right off olive, here's the big Arch. So what do you want me to do? Well? I think you take the bite of the big Arch first and then I cut it into thirds. If you want to grab a piece out of their, throw it on the plate, all right, Martha Stewart, freaking weirdo.
Speaker 2: You didn't cut it all the way.
Speaker 3: Through, man, grab it, get it out of there, pull it apart like.
Speaker 2: Well, mad If it's gonna be a taste test, it's got to be balanced.
Speaker 3: Right, Kate's get your get your piece of the big Arch. There you go. Now there's there seems to be more going on with the Big Arch. Hey, what do we got? Appearance?
Speaker 2: Idam not? The CEO of McDonald's looks like it looks like a burger bathed in mac and cheese. It's an accurate description.
Speaker 3: That's kind of what it looks like. All right, here we go. It's a lot of meat.
Speaker 2: That's an excellent McDonald's burger. But I like all the McDonald's burgers. I'm an American man.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of meat, all right now.
Speaker 2: Now what see.
Speaker 3: If it tastes better? Well, see if it's better than the Big Arch. Again, poorly cut. That's on me. There you go, Kate's quarter pounder.
Speaker 2: The big Arch seems to have a species spice that the the other two lack.
Speaker 3: Quarter pounder is more like a whopper. It's got the mayo on there.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, they would argue that the Whopper is more than.
Speaker 3: Big Mac.
Speaker 2: Do I need the extra brand on the Big Mac? Matt? Can I remove.
Speaker 3: The remove the centerpiece of the bread, all right? Cheeseburger as well?
Speaker 2: Now, like if I'm at McDonald Like if the chips are really down and I'm at McDonald's right right, I don't know if the big Arch is enough for me to stray a single.
Speaker 3: Oh that's see, that's what we're kind of. Yeah, getting that here. That's all right, Kates. It might will be like a casse roll or something. Sorry, it's all right. These things happen. This is live ham handed idiot, Tim, This is live video. This is not TV. Okay, When those things are produced and they shut down and.
Speaker 2: They wax and make the food look all different and it's all gussied up, this is the real thing. McDonald's CEO.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I look at Matt. He's like he's like a toddler.
Speaker 3: Over there.
Speaker 2: I do like get mad a sippy cup with a Shamrock shake in it.
Speaker 3: I feel like that Big Mac, the Big Mac, and.
Speaker 2: The cheeseburger are more dry than the Big Arch and the quarter pounder with cheese.
Speaker 3: There is a dryness, especially that cheeseburger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I like, you know, it is almost like eating a little cardboard And that's what McDonald's is all about, cardboard and plastic.
Speaker 3: All right, one through four? One through four, the quarter pound is still number one, Okay, the Big the Big Mac.
Speaker 2: Is number two, the Big Arch is number three. Cheeseburger four cheeseburger, and they're all excellent. Ok I'm an American and I'm here for the Golden Arches and Ray Kroc.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go Big Arch, one quarter pounder, two Big Mac, three di and fourth is the cheeseburger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that two cheeseburger meal used to be the go to. And now when you just kind of run it up against these, it's like not happening now.
Speaker 2: Forward, you open up a sweet and sour and you dip that cheeseburger in there, you got you got a little bit of a more of a.
Speaker 3: You know what I think? Moving forward, when we're all in studio because of the alliteration Taste test Tuesdays. Matt, it's Thursday. I know, I know it's Thursday, but taste tests Thursday doesn't quite roll up the tongue like taste tests today.
Speaker 2: I'm not if we have to have the sea Dog from Wienerstance and I'm eating on a Friday. It's lent So maybe maybe.
Speaker 3: We got plenty to get to, I think, and we can get recommendations through the textoso of things we gotta try that people want to answer.
Speaker 2: Ready to get to. We haven't done this in ten years.
Speaker 3: Now We're gonna do it, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Hey, write a parody song when when.
Speaker 3: We're all in the studio together on Tuesdays, taste test Tuesdays. Right, I thought that was successful.
Speaker 2: Rock This is a song of the Day.
Speaker 4: Today's song of the Day is called Knock Yourself Out, a tune off the nineteen seventy debut record titled East Bay Grease from legendary soul band out of Oakland, Tower of Power bringing the funk with that powerful horn section, not a crunchy groove and Thursday as the Petros and Money Show lights one up for a four hour cruise down the Boulevard of Great Sports Talk, taking the scenic Great sports with Spring Training Dodger Talk with David Vasse, bringing you all the latest news and information concerning your back to back World Series two ampion Dodgers.
Speaker 3: It's coming up at seven.
Speaker 2: Social Media Matt was here to record the taste test. We're gonna finish this burger.
Speaker 3: You're gonna watch three guys eat food. If the audio wasn't enough while they try to keep the segment going right, not easy, mouthful of food. We'll be back with David Basse.
Speaker 6: Live from Spring Training.
Speaker 1: Problem Petros Papadakis, that Money Spire, This is Petro, Send money on demand, Petro.
Speaker 3: Some Money and five seventy eight Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app seven o'clock ton ip we will have Spring Training Dodger Talk, but as is custom, a preview of what's to come between seven and eight right here on your Dodger Station.
Speaker 2: Davidsse Live from Spring Training, the Home of the Dodgers, off with an inside look at the Dodgers. This is the Vasse Report with David Vasse. David Vasse our guest, our hero live covering spring training handling his business. Dodger Talk tonight. I'm going with the Will Smith even though it's just a meme of Will Smith. I don't think we'll want to believe he is joining him. But World Baseball Classics going on, but so is the Dodgers camp. How's it going, Dave, It's going great.
Speaker 7: We were talking about Goodyear yesterday and that's where the Dodgers were back today. They lost fourteen to thirteen to the Reds. But the only guy that's going to be in the starting lineup where was in the starting lineup in last year's World Series was Max Muncy and good Year, And I guess you could stretch it to Alex call So guys like Freddie Mookie, Kyle Tucker, they didn't go to Goodyear today.
Speaker 2: What about Espinal? Santiago Espinal, big day for him in good Year and now he might make the team. Dave, give us the skinning.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, I started to get indications about two weeks ago that Santiago Espinal had an excellent chance of making the team with Keith a Hernandez and Tommy Edmonds starting the year on the injured list, and it's not so much about second base. I know, you know, broadcasters are referring to second base, but it's mostly about third base and spelling Max Munsey against teams that have tough lefties, and maybe even an insurance policy if something pops up where months he needs a break. Second base is in play like it was today, But the strategy of the Dodgers is mostly to have Espinal on the roster for his defense said third base, and you know, maybe catch lightning in a ball as far as the offense goes so far in spring training. But yeah, he's going to make I feel very confident in saying that he is going to make the opening day roster, considering uh, key k and Edmund not going to be on there, and for the reasons that I just mentioned. Do I think he's gonna hit two home runs and drive in six runs and hit five hundred. No, but he's going to be a really good fit to the Dodgers bench, which at the end of last year was problematic.
Speaker 3: Is the first place we didn't expect him to have two home runs, But Dave, what about the other uh, what about the other candidates for that spot? You mentioned what the end of the bench looked like last year. Guys like Rhurt Vett and Call. Uh, what do you suspect it'll look like, especially in the absence of the guys you just mentioned to start the season.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so Alex call will be on that bench, Dalton Rushing is the backup catcher, and Santa th Iago Espanov will be part of it, leaving one spot available, and that's going to be either has Sung Kim or Alex Freeland. And I know Kim is left for the World Baseball Classic, and Freeland's had a decent spring training. He's been more mature, more professional about his at bats and just the way he's carrying himself this spring. But I still believe because Freeland has options, and the way Kim impressed in the first three weeks of spring training on the backfields and in games, and with him being able to play the outfield whenever needed, that gives him the edge to win that spot. And I haven't seen who's replacing Zach Gallon as the Diamondbacks opening day starter, but I would venture to say there's a very good chance it's either Miguel Rojas or Hay Sung Kim starting at second base on March twenty sixth, at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm paying pretty close attention to all the games, Dave, and I don't feel like can you mentioned it again today? They didn't even make the trip that I'm seeing a lot of Freddy Freeman or Mookie bats now. Maybe you know last year with the early travel internationally in the year before that, I was used to seeing them because they were getting ready for those early regular season games played in international and international waters. But what is happening right now? Why aren't we seeing them as much? Is that stranger? Is that how it usually is?
Speaker 7: No, I feel like, for everything that you just mentioned, coupled with the fact these guys have played more games than any players in baseball the last three years, the Dodgers have the luxury of not rushing them into the season. Mookie was the last position player to show up. He came into camp with a great mindset physically mentally in a great spot that I haven't seen them since twenty twenty, and the Dodgers have mapped out number of ad bats for their players because it's six weeks of games and preparation the week before the game start. So with none of these guys going to the World Baseball Classic or having to rush to go to Tokyo or South Korea. It allows them to spread out those at bats and then ramp up as you get closer to the Freeway Series. So you're starting to see those guys play back to back games and staying in the game longer, but you're not seeing them rushed to their forty seven or fifty at bats this spring.
Speaker 2: Dave Walker Buehler was out there for the Padres. Did you monitor that?
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 7: I know, it's hard to see Petros. It's hard to see Walker Buehler in that uniform. It's one thing to see him on the East Coast in Florida and Boston, then you see him in Philadelphia, never get into a game in the NLDS, and here he is having to earn a spot on the Padres roster and he's going to They're very thin, and if they can get any semblance of the Walker Buehler we saw before he injured his elbow, they're going to have a really good picture on their hands. And interesting enough, he spoke to reporters after his start today. Here's what he had to say about where he's at this spring and help wise, where he is now that he hasn't been since he came back from Tommy John surgery.
Speaker 8: I going to get some rhythm back in the delivery, I think in years past, you know, I just was kind of stuck in this rehabvish throw and have had a really tough time getting out of it and had a really good offseason, you know, have had a really good spring training in terms of kind of talking through the delivery and getting my arm back up to the height that I want it to be. In terms of arm angle, I think I've been down about eight or ten degrees for the past two or three years from where I was when I was really good. And you know, I don't think you can force that kind of stuff. I think the delivery has to do it. And I feel good with where that all is right now. So now we're kind of refining and hoping to get a few miles an hour out of it, But other than that, I feel pretty good.
Speaker 7: That was from ninety seven point read the Fan the Padres Flagship Station and can you believe Bueler said his elbow all of a sudden stopped hurting him four weeks ago, so it's been bothering him ever since. He came back and all of a sudden he was saying he took supplements or was doing a different workout, and it just stopped hurting four weeks ago, which is hard to believe that he's been out pitching and doing all these things, winning a World Series in Game five for the Dodgers with his elbow still barking.
Speaker 3: We speaking of most Padres day, we saw a combined twenty seven twenty yeah, twenty seven runs between the Reds and Dodgers. The Padres scored twenty seven runs on their own in that game that Walker Bueller threw and against the Mariners. Can you recall the most runs ever scored by a team in a spring training game that you were in attendance?
Speaker 7: I feel like I have seen a twenty spot and I feel like at some point you got to roll the game. Right at eighth inning, the minor league guys are in there. Do fans really want to stay for that? Are they staying at the Peoria Sports Complex for that?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I feel like if there's seven any double headers, it's got to be a mercy role right at some point?
Speaker 2: Is Justin Turner on a team, Dave.
Speaker 7: He's not he is not. Yeah, he was hoping to down with the team. I don't know if it is or not, Petros, but sometimes the game does retire you. He made it very clear at his golf tournament back in November he had every intention of playing this year, but for whatever reason, it hasn't lined up with the team, and he's posting on his Instagram that he's working in the batting cage, still just waiting for that call. He hasn't made any sort of official announcement that he's retiring, so you know, maybe somebody gets hurt on a team and they need Justin Turner to come into camp. But yeah, he did not get a non roster invite like Walker Buehler, like Chris Taylor, and no team has brought him into camp. And he's forty years old. There's not any forty year old position players that I can think of right now that are going to be playing next year.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know where it's going for him, but he's had a great career either way. He just loves the game, and I hope he stays in the game because he has a lot to offer. You know, when he was a Dodger, everybody was talking about post playing career managing. I don't think that should change just because he's been removed from the Dodgers for the last few years.
Speaker 3: Should be playing for the team USA and WBC. You know, put up a big couple of big hits. The next thing, you know, somebody's.
Speaker 7: Going with.
Speaker 2: Years old dude.
Speaker 3: But what about speaking of that, Dave, since you had the Reds today, why you mentioned the dr yesterday that it's kind of Japan, the US and Dominican Republic as the three real contenders for this thing. Do you know why Ellie de la Cruz isn't on the Dominican Republic team? What's going on there?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was his choice, I believe, to stay back. I think he wanted to focus on the Reds this year and he passed on it. And maybe there was a position logjam. You know, a lot of these guys, it's an ego thing. I'm better than that guy. And you know, there have been instances where guys have said, you know what, I'm not moving or coming off the bench for the World Baseball Classic. I should be the starter. So a lot of those factors play into it. And Ellie hit a monster shot off Cole Irvin today, by the way, and he turned down a three hundred plus million dollar contract extension by the Reds this offseason. He also is represented by Scott Bors, so he certainly will be checking in on free agency when he's eligible in a couple of years.
Speaker 2: You got a problem with the gritty dance that Ellie da La Cruz did headed toward third base after that, Jack.
Speaker 7: Not if he's in a Dodger uniform.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: So the prospect of him being in a Dodger uniform leads you to not being offended when he did it in a Reds uniform. Is that work to understand?
Speaker 7: Dave, Yeah, there's that potential. I mean, he's made it clear that he loves La even though g you know, his first year here he said he was LA's his city, even though he was never born here or lived here. But he loves LA. So I don't know, he's such a He's one of those stars that belongs in a big market, whether it's La, New York, Chicago, Boston. He's buried like Otani was buried in Anaheim, and he's buried in Cincinnati. He deserves and baseball would be better if he was on, you know, a team that was going to the postseason and had a chance. And I hope the Reds give him that chance because the Reds are a really good baseball town. But you know, outside of them sneaking into the Wildcard game, they haven't consistently done it. But I just would love to see a guy like Ellie who every kid thirteen and younger love. I would love to see him in the postseason and on a on a real contender every year.
Speaker 2: Here's Elie, Dana Cruz. What is it about playing this Los Angeles Dodgers team for you?
Speaker 3: That's my city, this is my sitter. Yeah, I said, I say that shot, LA. That's my city.
Speaker 9: That's my city though, and I like playing against I love playing in LA.
Speaker 3: How do you feel that this is your city?
Speaker 9: I mean, my friends time en joys what's here in LA. And also I play a lot of JTA when I was a little.
Speaker 2: Kid, and I like this city. And that's what I say.
Speaker 3: There you go good enough for me?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 7: Well, you Grand Theft Auto. He was racing the streets.
Speaker 3: Of l A on the video games. We appreciate you impressive version of LA and that Grand Theft Auto you know.
Speaker 7: Around a big guest starting to show tonight at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: You know, is it Will Smith.
Speaker 7: We'll see what we'll see what materializes.
Speaker 3: No, no, I said a big guest, I said, a big guest, Thank you, Davel. No, she's not. She's gonna tell his wife. I wonder his last name is Zilla. That'll be on the show tonight. He is big. I mean he's hurt.
Speaker 5: He'll still check in with Dave Dog.
Speaker 2: If he's slow to come back though, he's scared to show his face like punts of tawny Phil.
Speaker 3: That's right now.
Speaker 2: I am if I want you to I am if you want me to be done. All right, more reaction. Well, actually, there is a very unfortunate story out there. Stay out of the wind, kids. We'll be right back on a Crunchy group Thursday on AMPI seventy l A Sports.
Speaker 1: Petro's papadakiss that money, Smith, This is Petro Send money on demand.
Speaker 3: Petrol sand money. Being the food influencers that we are, you can see the video now at A five seventy LA Sports. It has posted social media. Matt was in here recording our first taste test in quite a while. The Big Arch made its appearance on The Petro Some Money Show on Monday.
Speaker 2: Matt brought a bunch of other burgers to compare for McDonald's. He had like a whole burger rack.
Speaker 3: The cheeseburger, the quarter pounder with cheese, the big Mac, the big Art.
Speaker 2: There have been some people that have said, of course, no one's ever happy, But there were some people that said, why didn't you do a double cheese?
Speaker 3: That's a fair question. Come on, Matt, Sorry, I just figured, you know, what are the three main burgers at McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Why did you do it?
Speaker 4: Matt?
Speaker 3: Do you think I got that wrong? Is it not? The cheeseburger, quarter pound of cheese and big met I think you got it wrong.
Speaker 5: We had a couple extra of the archburgers. Ronnie had one of them.
Speaker 2: Ronnie has not eaten it yet.
Speaker 5: Corrections or attractions.
Speaker 2: He just petrust that thing during the break.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what. It took me about maybe three and a half bikes to finish it.
Speaker 3: That's a big burger.
Speaker 5: Three and a half Petros.
Speaker 3: And that ceo about thirty five bikes still be.
Speaker 2: Eating and did Brian Blackmore at the Other One. Food critic Blackmore.
Speaker 3: The one Dicky did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard that he did wark report black Mark, and I also heard.
Speaker 3: That he didn't really care for it. Yeah he didn't love me. You didn't love it.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying I ask you didn't love I'm loving it and I'm growing like a rooster. I I liked it. I thought it was good. Little species spies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me walk in like a rooster.
Speaker 2: Me, Matt, this is a terrible story. Now, I would say this, of these long form stories that come out, I you know, how much patience do we have for them. There's a few that I've read over the years. Number one story, no, like you know, like these big esp I remember the the Ranaiah tuiasa Sopo story about you know, the Guyney Kakua.
Speaker 3: That one I read, This one is that long who was our guy at Yahoo McDonald make the guy that would do all those Yahoo stories about Reggie Bush and we used to put him on.
Speaker 2: I remember, yeah, long form. This was a long form story that's been going on for months. Trouble in Bakersfield. Oh no, now I know what you're thinking, Tim. You just want to talk about that casino that they built right there off the ninety.
Speaker 5: Nine ns been there.
Speaker 2: The road Runners Bakersfield last place in the Big West Conference, in which sport basketball all of them actually, but yes men's basketball. Rod Barnes, the head coach, got an anonymous email tip alleging that his temporary assistant coach, Kevin was also working as a pimp, a pimp, a pimp, and a sex trafficker across four states.
Speaker 3: Well that's not good.
Speaker 2: Barnes forwarded the email to the proper authorities, which triggered an investigation and then criminal charges against the assistant coach. He was, in fact a pimp slash pimp. Not only was he a pimp allegedly, he faces eleven misdemeanor and felony charges like pimping ain't easy, possession of an automatic firearm, oh no, large amounts of meth and weed with a tent to sell. And child porn. Oh and child porn with a person as young as four. Oh God, Baker's Field May's who played at cal State Baco back in the day. For Rod Barnes pled not guilty. This has all led to devastation as you can imagine throughout the Bakersfield road Runner athletic department.
Speaker 3: Very proud athletic department coach.
Speaker 2: Barnes was there for fourteen years. He took the Roadrunners to the NIT once. He took them to the NCAA tournament once. The AD is now stepping down because this has all happened. This is a very ugly situation.
Speaker 3: How do you not know this guy was pimping in four states.
Speaker 2: It's even worse. There's a problem with the softball program. The head softball coach and an assistant named Davenport. They have been investigated and reported for sexually harassing their players and having sexual inappropriate sexual relationships with the players on the softball team. So I didn't hear anything about women's basketball, Matt, since you're worried about the distinctions between the sports.
Speaker 3: But he does feel softball men's basketball like there is a lack of institutional control in Bakersfield.
Speaker 2: Now the pimp coach is awaiting trial. Barnes is left in disgrace.
Speaker 3: Oh, he stepped down as well.
Speaker 2: He stepped down in the summer. He hadn't been there all year. This has been happening for months. In ESPN just put out an explosive, gigantic Bakersfield is a mess, long form story, but for those of you that.
Speaker 3: Are unfortunate for that fine city.
Speaker 2: San Joaquin Valley Times. Imagine how the car Brothers feel. Could have been a long form piece about how great the Car Brothers are, but instead those pistachios too. Terrible situation with softball and men's basketball and poor coach Barnes, who did the right thing and this guy did as a background check?
Speaker 3: Who ran the background check?
Speaker 2: The ad? Oh no, the ad as also It was step down, but a crazy situation. One of the wildest stories I've read, even wilder than the Genie Buss got rid of her whole family story, which was the last long form.
Speaker 3: Story I read. Hey, you shouldn't have been born. My parents had a deal. Listen.
Speaker 2: I talked to Carolyn was her name. I talked to my mother, Yea, and she said that she had a deal with doctor Buss and you should have never been born.
Speaker 3: He could do his horn, but he couldn't produce any offspring. You should not have been born, Jesse, seems a little harsh. Here's a few billion dollars to forget about it. I'll take it, but remember, you shouldn't exist. Look at your hand. It should be disappearing. Earth Angel earth Angel.
Speaker 2: So if you want to be horrified, check out that Bakersfield's story. It sounds, i mean, without the child porn part is the very I mean, pimping's bad too, but it sounds and sex trafficking.
Speaker 3: We don't like it.
Speaker 2: But it sounds a lot we don't like when you cross state lines. Pimping. We got a problem with that petrock. Somebody show doesn't like that. And now you get into wirefraud. But here we don't like it. You know, we're not talking about a good cop. We're talking about a dirty cop, cop that evolved, got involved in the rackets. The point is, it did sound a lot like nineteen nineties athletic department life to me until I ran into the kiddie point. Yeah, that's all I'm trying to say. We shall return with more petros and money. We will have these.
Speaker 3: And every team's got a recruiting coordinator that's a pimp. It's just the way the world works these days. It's nineteen nine.
Speaker 2: Coach gives you a lot of money to take the black guys to the Black Strip Club the Barbary Coast down in the Crenshawe district. That's one thing Coach is running a multi state pimping operation, has math with intent to sell automatic weapons, automatic weapons and child porn. Coach might be a bad guy. The coach that sends you to the black club just tried his best to relate.
Speaker 3: To the players. Wants the kids to have a good time.
Speaker 2: Wants to sign that recruit. Stay up, everybody will be right back on this crunchy groove. In Thursday, it's the Petros and Money Show on a five seventy LA Sports hang in their Roadrunners