Speaker 1: Morny lady, gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: I'm like a dog in heat. I woke up yesterday morning with a spring of us to start later.
Speaker 3: Please, I could never know what the day with us Florida.
Speaker 2: Listen up, the radies just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key. Demograh super duper.
Speaker 1: That's nice, right a gondo gay, Yes boy, that is good news.
Speaker 4: It is the third day of February twenty twenty six. Good morning, everybody. Welcome to Tuesday and the Patrick Morning Show. Johnny bones on his way in that he heads straight on down. Well, he's headed to Florida eventually for some spring training. That means, you know, he's like the groundhog. Marty Malarney good Arnie will be here as well, and he cast one thousands. Let's get her started with some comedy from Monroe Martin on eating healthy part trip morning shod. No, it's a Tuesday morning. You might be Tuesday tireds. We're gonna be that audible caffeine and we hope let's try to make it a good day. Shall we come on in. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 5: I believe that you can only eat as healthy as the store is surrounding your area. I live in Bedside, Brooklyn, so I don't have a chance at all. No matter what store I go to, that's always a froud refrigerator dedicated to Arizona ice tea. As on the ice tea was designed to kill the lower class thirty two ounces of the straight diabetes for only ninety nine cent. I drank one a pet out cake. That's how sweet it is, red velvet. I've never even seen the animals eat health there around my way, like I've never seen the rope, like a squirrel eat an acorn or a nut. I seen a squirrel eating peanut eminem and.
Speaker 6: I was very concerned.
Speaker 5: I was concerned because he ate all the chocolate and left a nut.
Speaker 2: I was like, Yo, you gotta swung on a sugar.
Speaker 6: You're gonna lose your tail man.
Speaker 1: Oh God, no, Jesus. The fever sign is wee fee is on your side walls. You hear the distance under this line, then you stray.
Speaker 7: Bed three twenty twenty six Power to the Morning Show on Cory Code.
Speaker 2: That's Chris Hockey, that's meat sauce.
Speaker 3: Paul Lambert, there's Zach Halberson.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 7: It's Tuesday, this Tuesday, so we're gonna rip, We're gonna complain.
Speaker 2: Hi Corey, Hi.
Speaker 6: Sorry.
Speaker 7: Yesterday we had Ben Lever to break down the Quzy firing, and now.
Speaker 2: We have John Bondas to talk about Derek Falby. I assume they did an emergency podcast. Yes, they did do it.
Speaker 6: I did. Yeah, it was excellent.
Speaker 3: Are they exciting that they started it with woo.
Speaker 2: Emergency? Yeah?
Speaker 3: The emergency song and they have is outstanding. How does it go? It says, uh, it's an emergency, and then some other guy goes, what's that and then the other guy goes, it's John and a g.
Speaker 7: It's pretty good. But it's not those two guys themselves singing. No, it's they hired somebody.
Speaker 2: Some guy. Yeah. I think his name is Stuart.
Speaker 4: John Attorney general.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, Gleaming got replaced. Yeah. Doesn't Rosie know him?
Speaker 4: Probably he knows Rosie.
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah, a good point. I think Sauce knows. You think Sauce knows the attorney general?
Speaker 2: Yes or no?
Speaker 4: Sure, Yes, I think he does. He does. Of the state of Minnesota.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying of the United States.
Speaker 4: Then if he does, he knows more than me.
Speaker 6: I do not.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just wonder.
Speaker 4: You know the state of Minnesota, right, you.
Speaker 2: Know the state of Minnesota attorney General. Yeah, it's is a key that list. Look at that, all right, you go, and it does.
Speaker 7: It does feel like the Attorney General of the United States changes every two weeks.
Speaker 3: But this one I almost tip my hand. But they've been in there for a little chunk of change. Now.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, idea, you're close.
Speaker 6: It's right.
Speaker 2: Gender.
Speaker 4: What's her name is.
Speaker 2: Starting there? Do you go?
Speaker 6: The bee?
Speaker 2: Yes? It does start with the B. Yes, the B, the B. Okay, got it?
Speaker 4: Got it gone for me?
Speaker 2: That'll do it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that'll do it. The Bee will be here in like five minutes. John Bone should be walking home, not doing the other one.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Marnie will be here too later though, you guys.
Speaker 4: Ever watched Peaky Blinders?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: I never did.
Speaker 4: No, it's real, good man. I'm watching it now for the first time. Second, for the first time. I've started a few times, but it's per damn serious, man. You know, like an episode or two and you're like, Okay, I'm gonna need a shower and a bath and seance.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: It's real good though, real real good.
Speaker 7: So when it first came out, my wife and I gave it a shot, and I remember the first episode. I couldn't understand what they were saying. And she likes watching it on with subtitles.
Speaker 2: I hate that. I'm not I'm not there to read.
Speaker 3: So shows that require subtitles I struggle with unless it's like a.
Speaker 2: Foreign film where there's no choice.
Speaker 7: But when it's supposed to be English, I'm like, I can't understand a word they're saying. That's tough. That was really tough. So we never went back to it, but I've heard it spectacular. Everybody loves Peaky and.
Speaker 4: They're about to release a movie right you know, which is if you don't know what Peaky Blinders is, it's right after World War One. It's an Irish gang who is led by.
Speaker 2: Jillian Murphy.
Speaker 4: Thank you, that's his name, and their gang I mean literally and it's uh, it's it's incredibly large scale. It's sort of like Game of Thrones, only modeled after real people, like the Peaka Binders were a real gang. This is these are modeled after real people. But Thomas Shelby is the main character. And it's just the storyline's great and it's hard to follow, but it's fascinating as well, and it's character studies and blah blah blah blah. But anyway, long story, longer. Last night I was watching and Thomas Shelby's talking to Winston Churchill and and Winston Churchill is he's, you know, he's a jackass. And I don't know if he was in real life, but in the show he is, and blah blah blah. He asked him. He asked, Thomas Shelby says, you know, basically he rips. Tomas Shelby says, you're born. I'm sure your mom is born in a tent, and he said, no, my grandma was born in tent. My mom was born in a boat. But in is it's cool. He's like, I know you're Winston Churchill, but you can bite my nuts right right. Didn't say that, but you get it. And then Winston Churchill says, do you have a gardener? Mister Shelby doesn't matter?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 4: Yesked him. I just did. Here's what Thomas. Thomas Shelby's answer is, and I can't get it out of my mind. Listen, to this answer, three generations.
Speaker 6: Of men with no ambition who happier than I will ever be.
Speaker 4: Talking about his gardeners, He's got three of them. They're all related, and it's three generations of men with no ambition who are happier than he'll ever be. And I'm like, damn, yeah, damn right, damn.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. Your therapy for the day.
Speaker 4: It's just like like what a moment, like like like what a like a yeah, boy, there's a lot of I went to bed thinking about that when last night it's like, wow, that's really something. So what is you know, what is happiness?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Like the pursuit or the enjoyment? And can you have one without the other? Apparently you can?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well again.
Speaker 7: I listen to my guy Conan's podcast all the time. Conan is extremely famous, extremely rich, extremely accomplished, and all he talks about all the time, especially with comedians. When comedians are on that podcast, they talk about how they're constantly disappointed, constantly doubting their own abilities and their careers. They're just never happy because there's always somebody else doing something better and it always pisses them off. Yeah, just because of competitive jealousy. It doesn't matter how accomplished you are.
Speaker 3: They're always not happy because they're not you know, next or the biggest?
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 7: I doubt a gardner cares correct, Right, that does sound freeing ryeah.
Speaker 2: Repetition. But I don't like yard work. Yeah me either, I kind of do.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I hate it. I like mowing the yard at a lot of people like mowing the yard. I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's a waste of time.
Speaker 3: But I understand people like it for the therapeutic process.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you throw in some headphones and you just cruise for an hour or two.
Speaker 4: But what if you wrote music just because you liked writing music. What if you wrote stories just because you liked writing stories. What if you did morning radio just to make people happy? Sure, they still.
Speaker 2: Hate you, but or at least half of them do.
Speaker 4: Yeah. What if you did morning radio because it was fun?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What if you had no ambition? But then would you just be stagnant and never accomplished?
Speaker 2: To think?
Speaker 4: Hell, I don't know. I got to think about this more. I went to bed. I've been going to bed at a set time. It's one of my normal my new little two minute improvements. Good for you, and it's helping. What time, Yeah, well, I turn everything off at ten pm.
Speaker 2: It's off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I go to sleep, And I thought I would lay there and stare at this at the ceiling. Yesterday took me three minutes of fall sleep. Last night took me seven songs.
Speaker 3: Got bad?
Speaker 2: Good for you.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to change things.
Speaker 2: I'm going to bed earlier and earlier these days.
Speaker 4: What you saying, we're old, we have no ambition.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well but Chris, to have ambition, you need to be offered incentive, and that has changed over the last ten years.
Speaker 4: You're right, And so I can either I can be frustrate a little ball of anger, or I can re aim my efforts. And That's what I'm trying to do. That's what I'm trying to do. Like next now, this weekend. Next weekend, I'll be in Montreal for the first time in my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what can be wrong about that?
Speaker 4: Nothing?
Speaker 2: Hookers are there, Yeah, Yeah, I have ambitions them. They have apparently an awesome poker room up there.
Speaker 3: You should stop buying because my guess is it's attached to something else that you would like that's not poker.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The prostitutes call their home the poker room.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they do. I'm sure I think you'll learn. Montreal's awesome.
Speaker 3: I've heard it's outstanding weekend.
Speaker 4: After that, I'm in Buffalo, and I love Buffalo.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's like what thirty minutes west of the Twin Cities. Beautiful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like that city too, but this one's actually in New York.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'll be great for it. Man.
Speaker 4: See, I'm trying things.
Speaker 2: Boss speak some French in Montreal.
Speaker 3: Right, second largest French city in the world, only French. Wee wee?
Speaker 2: Where and uh, where are you staying when you go to Buffalo?
Speaker 4: Don't ask I'm gla I'm staying there, but I'm only waving at people. And I walked through the casino into my room.
Speaker 3: Can I guess Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino.
Speaker 4: Seneca Alleghany. But you're right, go to.
Speaker 2: Falls to you?
Speaker 7: Isn't that right over the border in Niagara Falls to your casino?
Speaker 2: The used to have a WPT there there. I don't know if it's really if.
Speaker 4: I go to the falls view because I went to the casino before I got there, and.
Speaker 2: The view of the falls was.
Speaker 7: Hopefully Superman takes fifteen minutes to change clothes and dive off the thing and save you last thing.
Speaker 4: Also, I'd be like, like, what's his name? Tim Connors? From say what's his name?
Speaker 2: Phil? Connah? Phil?
Speaker 4: I'm all out of ambition. Don't drive angry.
Speaker 3: Somebody's gonna say Chris is famous? Last words were.
Speaker 2: Any whose sons of bitches? Superman?
Speaker 3: Because if not, I'm all out of ambition. Ye should have been a gardener.
Speaker 2: Bye, I don't care so good. It's such a good scene. That's a weird way to start to show today.
Speaker 4: You know what, It's sad that Bonies is not here yet because he loves this kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: He does.
Speaker 7: He does like when we're depressed and ready to give up on Tuesdays, Yes, he does, which is like clockwork.
Speaker 2: It is every Tuesday we hate everybody and.
Speaker 6: Want to leave just a bit outside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, just a little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I feel pretty good today.
Speaker 2: So what time do you think you go to bed?
Speaker 6: On average?
Speaker 2: About eight eight thirty?
Speaker 3: Damn, that's pretty crazy. Yeah, damn, that is really early. Yeah, that's if you're getting a full eight hours. That's the healthiest thing of any of us. And would you nap those too?
Speaker 2: No? Oh, you stopped napping. Stop since Louis. Yeah, how's that going?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: No more nappy? I mean it's going on right.
Speaker 4: That wasn't a ringing indoors.
Speaker 7: As a father, and in Kelly's case, the mother of a one year old, you're supposed to sleep when they sleep so they don't drag you out.
Speaker 2: So you don't nap when he naps. No, damn.
Speaker 3: Half the time he naps like on my shoulder, like I hold him and he falls asleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a perfect time to sleep too. You can fall asleep.
Speaker 3: Because I don't think I'll be doing that when he's fifteen hot not that's weird. Yeah, good point, but you know what I mean, Like, he won't be doing that when he's twenty five. That's even weird. I don't sleep on my dad's chest. No, that would well one of the four of us does?
Speaker 4: Three men?
Speaker 6: What three lady?
Speaker 2: Three generations of men with now ambition who happy other than I will ever be.
Speaker 3: So I think about that when Louis has a son. Yeah, three generations of men. Yeah, no ambition Because lawyer Lambert tried. Yeah, I can't say Dob because Dobb's in the same generation as you. I don't care if Dob tries you. Yeah right, But lawyer Lambert tried. He's a lawyer, Yeah he is.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 4: He didn't just try, he did.
Speaker 2: He did something. He succeeded.
Speaker 3: I doubt he gardens. I mean I tried for a while. You've tried planting your seed?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Or once?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Now here's you at about six forty five?
Speaker 2: He didn't happy. Yesterday.
Speaker 4: Man, I've thought of that and I've tried it, and man, am I just worthless by about six pm?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yesterday ambition though it gets me all down.
Speaker 3: I put up a new gate in our basement to keep Louis from trying to wife there. No, no, no, is it a gate or a cage?
Speaker 2: It's a gate?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 6: Did that?
Speaker 2: Played a little Madden? This is all while he was sleeping? Fire away?
Speaker 3: What else could I do? We went to Target? Yeah, big day. Yeah it was fun the gated and Target. Yeah, man, that is adulting. Good for you outside of the Madden. Yeah, it was adulting job. Yeah, it's fun. Who knows what we have in store today? Who knows? Maybe Lowe's or Home Depot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. We'll have time for is sorious?
Speaker 3: Is Robin Williams said in his last movie when Ben Affke's character said I don't know what I'm gonna do tomorrow, and Robin Williams said, how fun.
Speaker 2: It's a good way to look at life. It's right, He's.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, how exciting, I think is what he actually.
Speaker 7: I am definitely an a gardener. You know what else I am not. I am not a builder nor a remodeler.
Speaker 4: No, you're not, but you know who is. Builders are remolers and builders remillers dot com who bring us the first segment of this power Tabody show.
Speaker 2: On every day.
Speaker 4: Thanks builders and remodelers.
Speaker 7: Bonus should be here shortly. Martie Galloner later lots to talk about between now and nine o'clock and the power grim Orn too.
Speaker 2: On the fan.
Speaker 6: In one of a kind performance for one night only, Dave Chappelle returns to Minnesota February sixteenth at Grand Casino Arena, and we're taking your talkbacks for tickets. Use the talkback feature in the iHeart Radio up tell us why you belong in the crowd. Winners will be selected all week long at the details at KFA dot com. Keyword contests, christ you know I Name a skip on Thursdays, right, we go to commercial and sometimes we come back because Tommy tells us something that blows.
Speaker 3: Our minds, and then we're all unnerved and the listeners are pissed because it's like, boy, you can't really tell tell us what you just said, so now you're just pissing us off by teasing us that he said something disgusting or amazing.
Speaker 7: Again, it's a little bit different the rest of the week. For example, Zach and Sauce and I just spent four and a half minutes discussing and debating how strange the name Hota Copy is so different vibe during the commercial breaks from Tuesday to Thursday, very different.
Speaker 4: Well, what kind of last name is codby? Yeah, three men with no ambition.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 7: But how we got there was the Savannah Guthrie story, and then we started talking about how weird Hoda Copy's name is.
Speaker 2: But man, terrible, terrible.
Speaker 7: Right at first she was missing, and then the report was that there was a crime scene connected to the missing person story, and then.
Speaker 3: There was the press conference. A guy who just flat out.
Speaker 7: And said, look, this is not the kind of person that has dementia like quality. She has her faculties, like she didn't just wander off, And now everybody's saying it's pretty clear she was taken again, sir, well, so now, I mean I the chance that this ends up good is not very high, which is terrifying, so horrible. So yeah, we transitioned to a very very serious story into Hoda KOTB.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was our commercial break.
Speaker 4: Hey John Bonus, Bones, boy, the smeller coffee wakes me up. Yeah, it's so good, just as much as the taste of it. Yeah, I'm all Pavlovian over here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, thanks John Bonas, Yeah, thanks, Bones.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna miss John.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, John. Do you leave today?
Speaker 6: When do you leave?
Speaker 7: He leaves at seven thirty. He got a bail early to catch a flight to get the hell out. He's even wearing toys driving you.
Speaker 2: I forgot.
Speaker 7: You have the Counanan trail. You're following in his footstep.
Speaker 3: What the.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're going through Pennsylvania and then down the east coast of Florida. Correct, just like Andrew Canannan Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Florida.
Speaker 2: That don't worry about it. He's not a prospect, he's no longer with us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 2: You don't know the name Andrew Cananan.
Speaker 4: Uh No, damn, it doesn't tickle your mind at all.
Speaker 3: It is not as interesting.
Speaker 2: Were you here in the nineties? He definitely was, was he?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I was here the latter half of the nineties. But you were in America, right, You had access to the news. I was in Philadelphia, which is apparently part of his path Philly.
Speaker 4: Forget me that.
Speaker 7: You go to a lot of cemeteries in Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: I did that. Well, then maybe you missed him.
Speaker 6: Trail.
Speaker 3: We're just coming up with nicknames the last couple of weeks and bonuses on the Kunanan Trail.
Speaker 2: It's like the Oregon Trail.
Speaker 7: This is the point where he gets to pick his job and his name.
Speaker 3: Don't get dysentery. All right, you're definitely going to catch something, are you going? Let's just see how close this is.
Speaker 7: At any point during spring training when you're down there watching the toy, will you be on a boat house of any kind?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: I don't think so. What if somebody offers to go party on a boat? All right, so there's a possibility you end up on a boat house. Yes, you are at the beginning of the Canan introil. Here you go, right, I am really lucky forward to researching that. Having Christy researched this while we are driving, she's familiar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you had more reason to fear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 8: I heard a pit of the Peaky Blinders discussion. First of all, great show, great show. Did you watch the whole thing?
Speaker 2: I watched?
Speaker 8: Have I made it all? How many seasons are there? I think I made it through like five and a half or four and a half. I've seen all of it.
Speaker 4: I think it's six or seven. Let me look, I should know that because I'm committed now.
Speaker 8: Part of the cool theme about it is that because it's just following World War One, you've got, you know, these various differences in classes, you know, from everybody from the very poor to the very but all these men have were serving in World War One and have somehow made it through that hellish experience, and no matter what class they're at, they can relate to each other at that level because they have all kind of had that shared trauma of experience, like including Winston Churchill and Thomas Shelby.
Speaker 2: Right, you know who's you know, six seasons by the way the news guy.
Speaker 6: No, No, the comedian Shane Gillis has a bit involving Thomas Shelby and yeah, it's very funny.
Speaker 2: Share with the classes.
Speaker 6: It's just about no, it's just about how you don't really like know exactly what side he was on, and like how he just knows way too much about the Confederates. It's you know, I just was laugh because I only that all other time I've ever heard that name, and I was like, oh, that's right.
Speaker 7: Is he related to Don Shelby. Rose would like to have him on his podcast, which is still going strong.
Speaker 2: By the way, Chris, you doubted that.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm gonna get it.
Speaker 4: Down to Capitol girl and make things better.
Speaker 2: That's kind of you.
Speaker 6: I got a text from Parker Fox last night. It was a picture he watched, and I don't know if we talked about yesterday at all, but the nineteen eighty Miracle documentary on Netflix is to must watch regardless of me. It's amazing. And of course towards the end there Mark Rosen does make a brief appearance, and so he goes he sent me a picture and he goes, it's that Rose go yes, and he goes Wow, unreal, how do he get down there? And I'm like, well, press pass. But also I wonder if this Parker know that, like I mean this.
Speaker 4: Is he might not know he was on TV?
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, did.
Speaker 2: They not get Channel four and Fairbone?
Speaker 4: Welly seriously might not.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I want to ask him next Semi's in, which is probably what tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I mean, Rosie hasn't been off Channel four for that long four or five years.
Speaker 4: Definitely knows him the radio show.
Speaker 6: Really yeah, I don't know if he knows about the TV side.
Speaker 8: I bet Yeah, when was Rosie's I don't know time Losers meaning for forty five?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's the truth.
Speaker 6: Once I thought you met life.
Speaker 8: Actually yeah, I heard that discussion too. Yeah, we can dive into that in our little therapy session side therapy session or purpose drive curbous ambition drive. It's where the ambition becomes almost a vice. We know, of course it does, you know, especially if you have OCD. Yeah, well, I mean yes, even more so. Right, Yeah, I'm the advice I am currently unpacking a little bit is admiration, which is similar to ambition.
Speaker 6: You know, are you chasing admiration?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it got it.
Speaker 8: And What has triggered that is I find myself less willing to make videos than I ever was to jump on the air or jump on the or wright or anything like that. And I think it's because I'm a little too careful. I know I'm not as good at it, and when I try to do it, I'm much more interested in being perfect and saying exactly what I want to say, et cetera, as opposed to just being open and vulnerable and talking, which I think is also something that people respond to and reaches people and it forms community, which are the things I'm interested in. So I am I worrying too much about being admired right right? Which is a weird, weird advice to recognize and self awareness?
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, I'm.
Speaker 4: Having time getting motivated to entertain people when they're so rotten to meet for twenty four hours a day.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's no for real, honest on both sides.
Speaker 4: Just I can't turn on email or or any kind of social media without being told how bad I am by everybody, even people I agree with by the way, I agree with them when they tell me I'm rotten too. But it is hard because and I have to keep reminding myself. This small amount of people that are rotten me is a small amount of people compared to the amount of people that listen to this radio show. I have to continue to remind myself that, because when I come on here and I think I really want to be great today and make people laugh if I can. I want to be a positive influence on people, I.
Speaker 2: Think, Yeah, but those people.
Speaker 4: For no reason. Yeah, but I'm fighting my way through it. Johnny Bones, yeahs Bones.
Speaker 8: This is the sort of thing that one thinks about when one's going on a road trip to Philadelphia on the I think we're gonna we're actually we're swinging through Chicago to get Gino's East Pizza.
Speaker 2: Pretty sure he did that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you might have got Geno.
Speaker 8: And then I don't know, make it maybe as far as South Bend today, maybe a little further. And then yeah, tomorrow, we've got to swing through Cleveland to stop by Slimon's Delhi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, that's such a great life.
Speaker 8: And then and then I don't know, Pittsburgh. Maybe I love Pittsburghsburgh great. Pittsburgh's great.
Speaker 3: The first guy Coudanan killed was named Jeffrey Trail.
Speaker 4: That's weird.
Speaker 2: That's insane.
Speaker 6: That is really weird.
Speaker 4: Man, I said, sorry.
Speaker 3: For didn't shoot like a cemetery worker. I think that was in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, By the way, can't make this up.
Speaker 7: Absolutely stopped the Chicago on the way killed.
Speaker 2: Uh Genoa sus he was in Chicago.
Speaker 7: He killed seventy two year old Lee Miglin, a prominent real estate developer. So yes, if you're stopping in Chicago and then going to Pennsylvania and then going to Florida, are.
Speaker 2: You cause playing? Are you going to dress?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Am I missing somebody? If I do? Did he wear twins up gear? I don't know? Did you design this tripper? Did your wife?
Speaker 3: Yeah, since you don't seem to know who.
Speaker 7: Caunanan is, you're not gonna understand this question. But did you pack any versace on the way or does your wife wear versace?
Speaker 2: I can't believe I don't know who this person is.
Speaker 6: I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: Don't either, you're super smart, I don't know. You don't know this? Damn well?
Speaker 8: Anyway, walk in Chicago. I say it all the time. I'm ill suited for a morning show. This is example what a.
Speaker 2: Uh front page sports is?
Speaker 7: Next This is the power to a morning show, the home of the Kunanan Trail.
Speaker 2: I'm the Fan.
Speaker 6: Cafe and welcome some great shows to Mystic Lake Amphitheater. Leonard Skinnard and Foreigner will be there August sixteenth, MO. The group will be there in August twenty first, and you can get the complete show details on our upcoming shows on the concert page at cafe dot com. Keyword calendar.
Speaker 4: Correct me if I'm wrong or don't care at all and don't look it up. I don't believe there's an original member in either one of.
Speaker 6: Those bands, Leonard Skinner or Foreigner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not that they're not great. They still play the hits and they are. They have the rights to play ass Foreigner and the rights to play is Leonard Skinner. The lead singer is the brother of the lead singer, you know. So I mean that's something I don't believe.
Speaker 2: Frank skinnerd yep.
Speaker 4: I don't believe there's an original member in either of those man, damn.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, man, Foreigner has some absolute.
Speaker 7: Hey, speaking of concerts, you know, last Friday at First Avenue, Tom Morello was playing right, yeah, yeah, and exactly teas for a couple of days that there was going to be a special guest.
Speaker 2: A lot of a lot of people guessed.
Speaker 3: It was going to be Bruce. There's a you know, past connection between the two of them. They're fighting the same cause, so one and so forth.
Speaker 7: So a lot of people correctly predicted Bruce Springsteen. But the dark Horse And I love this article, Chris. I think you're going to want to read the Rolling Stone article. All you have to read is the headline, and you're going to get excited. Okay, the headline Rolling Stone talking about Tom Morello's show last Friday, simply says, Zach Dala Roca.
Speaker 2: This is the moment you were made for.
Speaker 7: Yeah, basically like if you were ever gonna get your s together and get Rage against the Machine back together?
Speaker 2: Where are you right? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Because there were people going is is if it's not Bruce on Friday?
Speaker 2: Could it be Zach?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Could it be Rage against the Machine at First Avenue last Friday? I mean if that would have happened and I wouldn't have been there, I would have been so mad.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love Tom Morello. He's one of the greatest guitar players of all time. He's one of my all time favorites, but it's not Rage without Zach is Man.
Speaker 3: So what is Zach doing? That's a great question. He's been he.
Speaker 2: Just I don't know.
Speaker 3: He's been doing side projects and weird stuff the last twenty years, and they've obviously had some weird moments with chemistry.
Speaker 2: But back to COVID.
Speaker 7: Remember they were going they had a re to her Up and Running and it got scrapped because of COVID. I had, Yeah, I was going to go see him at Target Center. That would have been the third time I've seen him. And then that show got scrapped and never happened.
Speaker 6: Well, then they announced another and then it got scrapped again, got scrapped for no, gone.
Speaker 3: No, it got scrapped the second time. Oh I thought we were in Vegas the second time they were here.
Speaker 2: Nope, they never played here, never played either way.
Speaker 7: I don't know where Zach is, but now I know where you are. You right there at the other Zach. Hey, you're Zach Dala Halverson. I need Zach Dala Rocca. You know what's crazy too about Zach Dala rocause you know how old he is. Doesn't he feel perpetually twenty five years old? Because he's got the anger. Yeah, he's fifty six.
Speaker 4: He's fifty six, one year older than me. H, that's nuts. Yeah, that's crazy, man.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Somebody wake him up.
Speaker 8: I mean that's partly because he's been out of sitan, out of mind for so.
Speaker 2: Long exactly, so in our minds he's much much younger.
Speaker 4: This is for you, Zach de la Rocca.
Speaker 6: I have missed you so much.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's kind of you.
Speaker 3: Hush, This is for you.
Speaker 4: Johnny Bonus, my name is skip.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 7: Hey, can you imagine not just a rage against the Machine reunion tour? What about an actual full length album in like twenty six or twenty seven, because they haven't done that since what Battle of Los Angeles?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: Everything else?
Speaker 3: Was that the covers album which was right around that time too, But they haven't had a full length album in twenty seven years.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that like ninety nine? Yeah? Battle of Los Angeles somewhere in that range.
Speaker 7: So they have not put out an album in the twenty first century. And they're in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. So you just talked about Foreigner and Leonard Skunner maybe not have any original members. How about being a band that's in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and they haven't done music in twenty seven years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's nuts. That is what are we doing? Nuts when you put it that way? Yet, what are we doing?
Speaker 6: Rage? Come on, man, man, Well there, Wikipedia literally says was an American rock band.
Speaker 2: Right past tense. That sucks. Let's go anybody have his number? Somebody call him?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 3: Did they I can google it. Did they make so much money that they don't have to do anything?
Speaker 6: I mean?
Speaker 2: But Tom also had audio slaves?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good point again, so.
Speaker 7: It's not like right, yeah, everybody bud Zach right because it was. It was basically rage and Chris Cornell. Oh yeah, the phone number for him, don't call He'll scream at you. California jacks out. Yeah, that would make sense. Why you not going to do what you tell him to do? You know, it's four o'clock in the morning. I'll give it a couple of hours.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty tired, all right, come back.
Speaker 2: To Ben Man. Just call him and play his song wake Up into the phone.
Speaker 4: I think he saw the crowd out in front of it Woodstock nine and I went, I gotta quit this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's too many people.
Speaker 3: That's not what he was saying.
Speaker 8: No, that's way to go for He may have he may have found peace and you know, not performing in front of it a man.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe he's cool now maybe or maybe doing like seals and cross songs.
Speaker 7: Yeah, maybe maybe he's all whisciated Woodstock ninety nine and said I can't top that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe that's what it was. I don't think so maybe done at all.
Speaker 3: Maybe his mind is bone that bonus doesn't new Andrew Canan right.
Speaker 2: Maybe you know Fred Durst.
Speaker 7: Frederick is his middle name, So his first name, I believe is Williams. So Billy Durst doesn't sound as awesome as Fred Durst.
Speaker 4: No one knew that but you Yeah, no one but his mom will or Willy Durst wasn't will Durst?
Speaker 2: What was the guy who?
Speaker 7: From Will Durst? I think is an actor?
Speaker 3: Who is the guy who? Who was the guy though that did the the jinks? That was something durs Fred Durst? No, that's that's from Olympus. Oh no, no, my wife was just talking about it yesterday, the jinkskuy. If only there was a website where we could look this up. That is Robert Durst. So Bobby Durst and Billy.
Speaker 2: Durst go on tour?
Speaker 7: What Westborland on guitar, Bobby Durst on drums or the tambourine or something?
Speaker 3: What a documentary that was ross time now for Front Page Sports.
Speaker 7: Set it by Holiday station stares Hey, thanks, Holiday by two. Monsters get one free for a limited time and you can mix and match any flavors you want, including ultra punk punch only for a limited time at Holiday Monsters by two get one free.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, Monster and Holiday are the absolute best. Big fans of both.
Speaker 2: Yes, same uh. We got a bunch of news.
Speaker 7: And a bunch of games and stuff to talk about, Bud John Bonus, We haven't seen you since the big news on Friday?
Speaker 2: Right, Sports, Right, you don't.
Speaker 7: Get unbelievable breaking news to that level happening twice in the same day.
Speaker 6: Did you?
Speaker 8: Did you hear Folvey's reaction when he heard the quasy was fired? No, it was it was during the press cons I did not know that. So we are You know, if you first have a half our interview with Tom pol Ed, then we've got a half our interview with Folvey.
Speaker 6: They're not together.
Speaker 8: They brought in separately to the zoom room and uh, I don't know. We're maybe halfway through the interview with Flvey and Levelly. Neil's little icon hand goes up because this is unsoue right, and he comes out of the camera and says, I just gotta I just gotta get your reaction to Uh. I don't know if you heard this, but Quasy was fired as gonna kind of get your reaction to it, and Folly's like what the Levell kind of explains it a little bit and quick. The first words out of Fallvey's words is.
Speaker 6: Uh, are you messing with me?
Speaker 2: Wow? Like you just yeah, this is this a joke? B a level moves that would be a classical level.
Speaker 8: Some Body tweeted for the exact is. Initially Chief tweeted it churned out they've known each other twenty years. They have like a personal connection before they were in this market together. Really but yeah, the first the initial reaction was.
Speaker 2: Are you messing with me?
Speaker 6: Oh? I didn't know that.
Speaker 8: Apparently he and Connelly and Queasy have a like a text strink together where they just kind of check in with each other and stuff, and they had been texting that had let them know that he was leaving the Twins, and uh, Quaysy had given him a very supportive text back.
Speaker 3: And then the next thing, you know, said again, what does Bill Garon have to do to get on that test?
Speaker 2: Well maybe maybe he is. I don't know, Billy doesn't.
Speaker 6: He don't have to.
Speaker 2: Tell Billy talk.
Speaker 6: Was great. The moot point, Yeah, it's a moot point.
Speaker 7: That is correct, all right, But your reaction to Felvey, it's an Again, do you believe it was mutual?
Speaker 2: Because yes, I do. I do believe it was mutual.
Speaker 6: In that.
Speaker 8: But you know, some even in a mutual breakup, somebody's got to say, what are we doing here?
Speaker 2: Right? And I think that somebody was pretty clearly fall they that he's had enough.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so this has been and partying of the ways absolutely okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, uh it was.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 8: I mean, and I think, you know, it's similar to being in a relationship or similarly like if you had a I mean, I've been in this position where you know, you are in a job for a long time, you have a new boss. Suddenly that boss has got different visions than sort of you had, the previous boss had than you had. Then the you know, then you've got for the organization or something, and it becomes pretty clear like yeah, this ain't gonna work, you know, and then you know, it's before you end up getting let go, you end up saying, you know, I'll just find something different, I'll find something that I want to do. And I think that's kind of what happened here. And that's that's my, uh my take on the whole thing. So and I think that's borne out by plenty of evidence behind the scenes as to what went on. Uh And and I mean you could also look at a both of their demeanors of the press conference, because you know, when this sort of thing happens, one side is gonna it can go either way, right Like if the organization side of it is real upbeat about the future something like that, and the candidate is, you know, yeah, well I did my best, you know, or not even in the press conference. I mean, that's one that's one sign of it which way it went. In this case, Fallby was I would say, effervescent almost and Tom Polad was very you know, well, we're gonna, you know, we're gonna, we've got to figure out what we're gonna do. I think we're you know, in a good position. I think we can you know, find some you know, we've we've got We've got they and a change at this level usually has transition plan. Dave say, Peter was around for four months when he was stepping down as president. They don't have anybody else to jump in on the business side operations. They don't they don't have a transition plan, they don't have a person hired, they haven't started the hiring process. And he was trying to walk through on the camera what the criteria might be for that.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 8: So yeah, I would say this was fairly sudden, and it certainly came from Fallby's side more than it came from Tom Politz.
Speaker 2: So if I'm reading between the lines, they're in a great spot. Yeah. I mean, I will say this to defend poll at a little bit.
Speaker 8: I guess you know, this organization has been in a a stasis, for lack of a better word, for the last three years. Now that stations is primarily driven by a cut in payroll, because at that point you're pretty limited on what you can do in terms of additions, and that cut in payroll right now looks like it's going to be yet again. From last year to this year about a twenty million dollar cut. Again for like about the third year in a row, that total is about sixty million dollars. Now there's a chance they still end up going and signing some folks, so adding to that a little bit. But you know, the market on that is real limited in terms of the areas that they need to add people. The relief pitcher market has been picked over real well. There is not a there's not a top flight reliever left on the free agent market. There's not even a second tier reliever left on the free agent market, right They're third tier is pretty picked over.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 8: That said, I'm here in rumors that they are they are still pursuing some free agents that I would not necessarily expect them to pursue. So I don't know, we'll see, we'll see if they add more to it. But the bottom line is the my point was has been a little bit of a stasis, and it might very well be that Tom since to that maybe had with some resistance on hey, we've got to make some big changes around here, because I'm I think, you know, I don't know how excited Fallby would be about changes, big changes, And you know, they then they came to a mutual agreement that he's probably not the guy. Falby's not the guy to be wanting to lean into big changes around the organization. So and I don't blame for Tom Pouley for taking a look at the organization saying we.
Speaker 2: Need some big changes. Over on the baseball side.
Speaker 6: I mean, looking across the league now, looks like a lot of people are going to mean a lot of teams are going to be in the same boat that the Twins were a couple of years ago when they lost their TV partner FanDuel just separate ties with nine Major League Baseball team Yes, is there any hope from the Twins perspective that they might be more competitive now with the.
Speaker 8: Well, if your question, if your question is are they going to be getting a windfall revenue from TV now that they've got six team teams underneath Major League Baseball control versus seven, I think the answer is not this year. The answer would be, you know, maybe next year. Majorly, I mean, what Major League Baseball is hoping is that they can take a package of like twenty fifteen to twenty of the baseball teams and sell it to like Apple for a subscription thing or Amazon Prime, you know, get this kind of cash in on the subscription based stuff out there that somebody's going to overpay them for, you know, a full suite of Major League Baseball options. Right, they might be right on that, they might be wrong on that, but it's not happening this year.
Speaker 2: But that'd be an equal split.
Speaker 8: So, I mean, the nice thing so that is yes, I mean the way I think that's the way that would work. The nice thing about the way things are trending on a TV basis is that it is slowly driving major League Baseball towards a national TV revenue split as opposed to the local TV revenue split. The biggest difference we are seeing right now in terms of the large market teams and the small market teams is in their local TV revenue. The Dodgers have hundreds of millions of dollars just from local TV revenue. The Yankees have their own network now all of that, I mean, and the Twins you know, trying to do some of that, but their smaller market and they, you know, they and the cable rug has been pulled out from underneath everybody, including the Yankees, so you know, gradually it looks like it. The hope for all the small market teams is that the big market teams end up losing facing the same problem they are facing in sort of their local TV revenue and end up having to kind of join the party and it becomes a national TV package and similar to NFL, they have to split all of their TV revenues equally amongst the teams as opposed to which is one of the reasons why. Since that isn't happening just yet, I'm I'm less opt well, I'm less optimistic that we're going to go through a CBA negotiation process next year and we're going to come out of it with the salary cap. I don't think the owners are going to stick to that just yet. They're gonna wait until they can figure out what's going out with the TV stuff, is my best guess.
Speaker 2: You are electric. Well done, Bony, Thank you for your honesty.
Speaker 6: Well do well.
Speaker 7: What really matters after this, scores and stats around the world of sports, and then Crystal change your life with something else, including a Giant wild win.
Speaker 3: Last night and overtime. We'll talk about that after this on the fan.
Speaker 2: And all right, welcome back. Six hugs, Yeah, money.
Speaker 3: I know you said you were coming over tonight for the Pro Bowl game. Sure, yeah, you can also listen to it tonight on the fan. But I knew you knew that. I just not correct.
Speaker 7: Tonight six pointy to nine is worst case scenario Radio awesome.
Speaker 6: I love that show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it said on the calendar worst case scenario. You delete the calendar day.
Speaker 7: But somebody told me worst case scenario is on tonight.
Speaker 2: N No, it's Pro Bowl games. Maybe that's the same thing. No, they're both great. Bowl games are pretty much the worst case scenario for the NFL. Someone told you. Somebody told me.
Speaker 6: Talk to somebody.
Speaker 7: Somebody told me that you had a boyfriend that looked like a girlfriend that you saw in February of last Well you just year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well I didn't you say last year February, not this month?
Speaker 2: Jack?
Speaker 6: Oh boy, all the dream buddy.
Speaker 3: Somebody get It's time for what really matters, brought to you by Lasik and Lens.
Speaker 7: Get Lasik, change your life with Ovo Lasik and Lens. Doctor Mark Lobanof and doctor David Whitey is right over here, yeah, right off of three and ninety four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those guys are the best.
Speaker 3: It's by the old Embers Ambers, the one that was in there Fargo, sure.
Speaker 6: Ambers, I think, yeah, that's san grandma and I.
Speaker 2: Used to go there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, your grandma loved Embers. Oh yeah, she the alcoholic or the one that never took another lover b.
Speaker 3: The one that her name was b. Her name was b Arthur Audrey. So she never took another lover. She was widowed at what forty five? Widowed at the age of forty She.
Speaker 7: Was widowed at the not nineteen forty five, she was at the age of forty five. And she would take her grandkids to Embers but not find other lovers.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so. I don't think she had a Yeah, we.
Speaker 3: Would go to Embers or then Byronies used to have a restaurant.
Speaker 2: We used to go there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, a late night restaurant. Yeah, you picked people up when she took you to Embers. Was her hair ever a mess?
Speaker 4: Good question? Good question?
Speaker 2: And did she have a glow?
Speaker 4: Good question? Was she slightly greasy?
Speaker 7: Did she have like lipsticks smeared on the sides of her mouth?
Speaker 4: Like did you everybody say anything about a dipstick?
Speaker 2: Let me zack your hands up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, his Grandma Embers would hawk.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, almost got stabbed at that Perkins over there.
Speaker 2: I thought that was the Maple Grove.
Speaker 4: But he got he got most of it.
Speaker 6: You got most of it, right, Dear Grandma ever gets stabbed at Embers.
Speaker 2: I bet she did.
Speaker 6: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Obos are there Embers anywhere? No, really, campfires. Oh they had such good coffee cake.
Speaker 3: Red oh, red lipstick and she didn't find another lover.
Speaker 2: Come on, this is the color.
Speaker 8: This is where you went in the late nineties for the post bar hookup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you went to Embers. It's Augrey.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 7: She would go to Rosen's Bar down town Minneapolis and then go to Embers.
Speaker 2: Rosen at a bar. Yeah, Charlie Sheen was there once.
Speaker 7: Tony the Minnesota Wild one four to three against Montreal. Chris is going to be there in Montreal in overtime, fries Off the game winner, his thirty second goal of the year. Faber scored the tying goal about midway through the third. Gus bus seventeen saves on twenty shots. Face not great, but that will take the win. The Wild of one four straight and in doing so. Zachary Quinn hughes three assist me.
Speaker 3: And that is a nine game point streak and a nine game assist streak, which ties Carill's franchise record. So if Quinn Hughes gets an assist tomorrow in Nashville, he breaks the record for most consecutive games with an assist for the Minnesota Wild.
Speaker 2: And I believe he's a defenseman.
Speaker 6: He is.
Speaker 7: And about Zachary, maybe you saw this stat you follow this more closely than I do. He crossed the four hundred career assist mark. He's the third fastest defenseman in NHL history to four hundred assists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's good.
Speaker 6: I mean he's completely changed this the whole makeup of this team. We talked about it in December. How you know, the words Cup contender certainly came to fruition there. And I mean he's proven it. He's he's made everybody better. You mentioned Brock Fabers scored yesterday. Uh, he's as confident as we've seen Brock Faber. I mean, this team, it's just continues to roll. And you know, and by the way, I keep keep mentioning the stat on on the Wild broadcast every once in a while, So we they all have chips in their their pads right, that can that you know, the advanced right exactly distance It will track how long they have the puck. Okay, So the second player who had the puck the most most on the ice yesterday, Laine Hudson, had had the put for two and a half minutes the first number one player, Quinn used.
Speaker 7: Let me guess, then, let's guess if second had two thirty You said, yep, let's say Quinn had it then for four minutes and fifteen seconds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, five fifteen, Okay, I'll go under four minutes, four twenty seven.
Speaker 6: So he had the puck for two more minutes than the next player closest to him. I mean, it's just he's just a puck magnant and uh so much fun to watch.
Speaker 7: Like you said, he has completely changed the makeup of the team. The last time I saw somebody completely change the makeup this much was Sausa's grandmother.
Speaker 2: I remember.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, she was disheveled and she was sweaty, extra napkins and water to dip.
Speaker 3: But she was greasyas she was disheveled.
Speaker 2: After she got shoveled, Wow.
Speaker 4: She was creasy, and she walked like she'd been riding a horse. Oh my god, Well maybe she was.
Speaker 2: Maybe she was.
Speaker 3: No, that was my other grandma, my other grandma, my dad's dad fell off a horse and yeah, that's a true story.
Speaker 2: Fell off what a horse? Oh he's better than that. Say how many? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Fell off?
Speaker 2: Or fuck? I think she got bucked off a horse.
Speaker 6: That's hot.
Speaker 2: Careful, So one game to go for a while before the Olympic break.
Speaker 7: They are at Nashville tomorrow at seven o'clock and then again they don't play until the Avalanche at the end of the month.
Speaker 2: A couple of weeks.
Speaker 6: Off to them. I won't be back at grand because any we're enough for like a month, you will be missed. Yeah, fallnessssed.
Speaker 2: What really matters though? Is this all right?
Speaker 4: So here's what happened. I fell down a rabbit hole. Oh no, you guys were talking about baseball, and I like baseball. But I can't, for the life of me remember why I was distracted by this. But something got me going down the trail of baby faces. And we all know baby Face Nelson sure, the criminal with the John Dilliser gay. He has so many connections to the Twin Cities. I just can't believe it. I just can't believe it, including the following.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, if you say that he banged Sauce's grandmother, I'm gonna laugh so hard.
Speaker 2: He banged Sauce's grandma.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, oh at embers right off of three ninety four.
Speaker 4: So there's a building called the First National Bank building in Brainerd, Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I know a place up there you can get laid. Jeezus, what the hell does happened? You can get laid anywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but that that there's a place in Brainerd, I believe you. My guess is there's multiple spots.
Speaker 6: A couple of hookers, one from Lasour and one from Chascas Go bears Bears thirty years of this year, keep going. Sorry, So there's a banking for distance, babyfash Nelson.
Speaker 4: Also, Lester Gillis and his gang robbed the First National Bank in Brander, Minnesota, which is right downtown, right by Cheps in downtown brainer It's a beautiful building right there. I've actually looked through the windows of it before when it was closed, because it's such a cool, old looking building, right, Having no idea the following in October of nineteen thirty three, Babyfastion Nelson and his crew robbed the First National Bank in Brander, Minnesota. The successful heist netted the gang quite a bit of money for back in the day.
Speaker 2: The story is that.
Speaker 4: The Geast was the guy's last name Old I'm sorry, Wendy Degeast is her name. Her father was a guy named Zane Smith. Zane Smith was a teenager who was in deployed as a courier at the First National Bank and Brainer.
Speaker 2: Pull your hands up, Windy de Geest wood Hawk.
Speaker 4: On October twenty seventh to nineteen thirty three, Zane Smith returned from an errand and found all the employees of the bank lined up along a wall. Baby Pilson, baby Face Nelson's gang was robbing the joint they needed the combination to save. Never go to the vault, he trained, He watched point break, he told the Brainer dispatch. Baby Face Nelson crouched down on his knees in front of a huge Pillager. He jumped to his feet and took after me. He took a hold of the top color of my top coat, twirled me around and socked me in the jaw. The blow knocked Smith off his feet. He was dragged across the floor to spot where bank janitors mister and missus La Peterson and guard Bob Titus were located one of the bank employees where they were all corralled, stretched down on the office floor. A baker's dozen of them lay there, and then the tellers arrived, each taken in turn to their own separate vaults. Nelson and his gang escaped with thirty thousand dollars, which is about five hundred thousand dollars in today's cash.
Speaker 2: It's a good haul, it really is.
Speaker 4: Nelson fired his machine gun into the ceiling, ran out to the getway car, and sprayed the building with gunfire. They simply sprayed up and down the street to make sure nobody followed him, said Smith in nineteen ninety nine. The bullet holes are still in the building as we speak. They're still there. And some people bought the building, which at one point was a pawn shop, is now something else. When they took out the false ceiling, they found the old ten ceiling, and the bullet holes were still in the ceiling right there in brainerd from babyface Nelson, how weird is that I got to go see that building?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 7: Hey, you know what we always talk about with a serial killer sauce that like, back in the day, the police didn't have the coordination, we didn't have DNA testing. If you could kill and get away for a couple of days, you had a chance to never be caught, right, Like, if you don't get caught immediately. Back in the day, bank robbing was similar, Right, Yeah, he spraysed the he spraised the building, basically going don't follow me, and if you can get out of town, there's a really good chance he's just gonna get away with it. The only thing that's interesting is the guys back then went wet bandits on it.
Speaker 2: They didn't cover.
Speaker 7: Their faces and were like, I don't want them to ever figure out who I am.
Speaker 2: They would literally.
Speaker 3: Stand and go, I'm baby Face Nelson and tell your kids that I am the one who robbed the band because they're like, you ain't catching me. They would leave their quote calling cards by just announcing who they were. Now again, if your name's Lester Gillis, you better come up with a goddamn nickname. Nobody's afraid of Lester Gillis. Can't be I'm afraid of baby Face Nelson.
Speaker 2: You should be. You sure did he was an intern.
Speaker 4: Here's the weird thing. Baby Face Nelson was given the name Babyface by this lady who he had once kidnapped, said he had a babyface. Right before that, his gang was known as the tape Bandits because they taped people up when they robbed them.
Speaker 2: Again, who's afraid of the tape Bandits? No, I mean Kevin McAllister.
Speaker 3: I guess, yeah, the tape Bandits.
Speaker 6: Baby.
Speaker 8: Take a look at his picture. He does have a baby babyface. Yeah, he looks like a.
Speaker 4: Kid, But I bet you didn't think he had much of a babyface. If you were the dude in Saint Louis Park, Minnesota, what would you like to hear the rest of the story. Yeah, well wait till you hear this sports thing.
Speaker 3: First, the Timberwolves lost to the Grizzlies one thirty seven eight.
Speaker 7: No Ja Moran for the Grizzlies, So a team that had lost six straight.
Speaker 2: His name is no Job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no Job. Well his birth name is Lester, but they no Job the ranch. He never turned on anybody. He always kept his mouth shut.
Speaker 7: So the grizzle had a six game losing streak going in. The Wolves had a four game winning streak going in. But why would that matter? The Wolves lose and Ant scored thirty nine in the loss. They are at the Raptors tomorrow at six thirty, right before the trade deadline on Thursday.
Speaker 3: But what really matters about Lester Gillis is this.
Speaker 4: God I'm trying to find it, tell me more about no job.
Speaker 2: I wonder if that was such a bad loss.
Speaker 3: I found out that Shane Gillis was related to baby Face Nelson.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go. That would be awesome. If that was like his great grandfather or something, that would be awesome.
Speaker 4: On March third of nineteen thirty four, John Dillager made his famous wooden pistol escape from the jail in Crown Point, Indiana. Although the details remain in some dispute, the escape is suspected have been arranged in financed by members of Nelson's newly formed gang, including Homer Van meter Me, Carrol Eddie Green and John Red Hamilton, people he met in Saint Paul, with the understanding the Dilager would repay some part of the money out of his share of the first robbery Bank first bank robbery. Sorry anyway. The night Dilager arrived in the Twin Cities. Baby Face Nelson and his friend John Paul Chase. We're driving through Saint Louis Park, Minnesota.
Speaker 2: He waved to my grandma. She was in the car.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean. She was waving kind of she was skiing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, geez.
Speaker 4: Baby Face Nelson and John Paul Chase were driving through Saint Louis Park, Minnesota. They were cut off by a dude, a local salesman, Theodore Kidder.
Speaker 6: K I D D E R that teddy Kidder.
Speaker 4: Nelson got so pissed off he chased him down, made kid her pull over the curb. When Kidder got out of his car, Nelson shot him dead right here in Saint Louis Park, Minnesota, where we're sitting right now.
Speaker 2: I'm just exactly this guy's got anger. This guy needs. Yeah, he needs to talk to somebody. You know what he needs.
Speaker 3: He needs to pull over, chill out, order a couple of pancakes at Embers.
Speaker 7: Yeah, take your grandmother out for a nice steak dinner and see what happens.
Speaker 4: Says here Sausag's grandma took him to Capitol Grill.
Speaker 2: While she's doing her part.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, how about that San Loois Park, Minnesota, right here where we're at right now.
Speaker 6: That's is there a sandwich named after.
Speaker 2: You're doing weird stuff today. I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 7: Are we one of the Are we one of the bringing guns for some of the best bank robbers in America?
Speaker 4: We didn't breed anybody.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, we were just the resting grounds from grandma. Did the grandma stop for all of the gangsters? And she was the free bred at Embers?
Speaker 2: My god, they loved her coffee.
Speaker 7: You know when you when you shave your beard accidentally, you have a little bit of a baby face and you're a free lunch.
Speaker 2: And road rage. Yeah, it's terrible road rage.
Speaker 3: Oh you get that from your great grandfather, Yeah, Gillis and my grandpa Bill, No, Bill.
Speaker 4: LAMBERTI Lester is a real unfortunately is.
Speaker 2: A terrible, terrible childhood. It wasn't Leicster.
Speaker 7: Kevin Spacey's character and American beauty Lester?
Speaker 2: Something really Lester? Hang on, Lester, don't tell me that's a little close to home, said, The sentence could ended at. Wasn't Lester Kevin space Burn Burns Burnham, Am I close? Yeah, Lester burn Ham Burnham Burn yeah.
Speaker 4: A day after the Little Bohemia raid, John Dillager, this guy Hamilton, this guy Van Meter. We're driving through Hastings, Minnesota, ran through a police roadblock, exchange, gunfire, and Hamilton, one of the gang was fatally wounded in Hastings, Minnesota.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you they're all over this place.
Speaker 3: My god, Why didn't thank everywhere way to go?
Speaker 6: I have an air conditioned climb a controlled car, and I don't go to Brainerd. These guys are driving around the Why.
Speaker 2: They had banks to rob?
Speaker 6: After?
Speaker 2: More of what really matters? After this on the fan.
Speaker 4: Zax od day, guys, be real careful.
Speaker 2: He's on one's a weird to day. He's a weird that's bonus.
Speaker 4: He just just said did you just fart? And he said I did.
Speaker 6: I took one for the team, man, I know you left one technical well, he said, somebody farted and I figured it was you. But I'm like, I don't want him angry as you you took, so I jumped in front of the fart. Well, you're like baby face.
Speaker 2: Now just like hawks down? Where were you and I needed?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Pick guy? Would you catch a grenade for him?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Would you step in front of a train for him. No, no, he would move Zach out of the way if a train showed up.
Speaker 7: Let's do more of what really matters, scores and stats around the world of sports. In between, Crystal, change your life for something else that has nothing to do with professional amateur athletics.
Speaker 2: You got that right, John Bonus.
Speaker 7: Remember back in the day, we let you do what really matters once and everything you did was a baseball story from one hundred years ago. Yes, and I'm like, you know, this is supposed to be non sports, but it was all right. It was interesting, it was yeah, and I.
Speaker 9: Appreciate it baseball, which is what it was. Yeah, oh boy. We had heard these rumors for weeks. We were even excited about it, and now it's official. The NFL announced that the Saints will officially play a game in Paris in twenty twenty six at France's National Stadium, Paul Saints Unfortunately.
Speaker 2: No, okay, that was awesome.
Speaker 6: Which two teams are they playing?
Speaker 4: I'm told you he's weird today. I know what's going on.
Speaker 3: I'm on drugs, which ones? Yeah, yeah, now you're going to get it talking to from a black of sleep. Wait what, I'm sorry sep wow, black and plural is what he said.
Speaker 6: It was very good.
Speaker 2: I'm not exactly sure what that means. Hey, in a second, I wanted to quiz you.
Speaker 10: Get happy February?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 7: Group trivia, group trivia. Right, there's five of you. You guys are relatively smart men.
Speaker 2: About four of them are modern NFL. We all know London.
Speaker 7: There's a million games in London, right between the two or three different stadiums one, two, three, four seven. There have been seven others so far, seven other international cities that have hosted NFL regular season games. So Paris doesn't count. Games that have not played even though they've been announced. Do not count. Give me the seven other cities that NFL games have been played in internationally. Dublin, Dublin is one, Hamburg, Germany, Mexico City, Mexico City is one, Dublin is one, sal Polo is one. So you have three of the seven. Berlin, Berlin is four.
Speaker 2: They playing Madrid? Do we area say Madrid? Madrid is five? You're missing too, Jacksonville. Did they play they played in Barcelona? To didn't they?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: I thought they did.
Speaker 8: I thought they played they played in Portugal? Yet is that next year.
Speaker 7: These are both in the same country. Kettemy Germany right, Frankfurt.
Speaker 3: Frankfurt is six and Munich and Munich welcome you guys. You guys, Munich, So Mexico, London, Mexico City, Munich, Frankfurt, South Paulo, Dublin, Berlin and Madrid.
Speaker 7: The NFL has already announced it. This year we will have games in Melbourne, Australia. Yep, Rio again. I shouldn't say Rio again, Rio, but Brazil again, Munich, Madrid, and then three games in London. So it'll be eight total, and that is the most ever. I believe this year we had seven. Next year we will have eight. I think Hot tried to log into his email. I just got on with the side of my Is that correct.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to brain dispatch.
Speaker 2: He's gonna just flipped it off. So no, it's eight eight games this year.
Speaker 6: Oh I see gotch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, eight games Melbourne, Rio, Munich, Madrid and then three in London.
Speaker 6: That'd be sweet. I love the internet.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Same when you were really really hoping the Eagles were playing in Melbourne and they are not.
Speaker 2: One of the times you can go anyway though. Bonus, No, we're not going to that one.
Speaker 6: We'll go next time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, hey, so remind me we the Vikings are at the Saints this year.
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 7: That had nothing to do with the place schedule that we were in.
Speaker 6: Correct?
Speaker 2: No, No, we were playing them. I think we're no matter what.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: No, I think it does matter. I think, well, whether it's homer Away matters, like if you're third or fourth, you know what I mean? Yeah, I think that's right. Gush, darn, I can't remember.
Speaker 3: There's something about that we were locked into the Saints no matter.
Speaker 2: What, because we start talking about November.
Speaker 4: Are we locked into the whole division no matter what?
Speaker 7: Somebody look it up or somebody from the Vikings Texas. But I'm pretty sure we were at the Saints no matter what. It could be, right, which which, of course, that's why we were rumored to be one of the Paris possibilities, is that that could be.
Speaker 6: I think you were right because I remember looking up the Vikings opponents before the end of the season as we were talking about Paris, and that they were the one they were. We've been talking about this for months now. Yeah, I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 7: But the second place schedule, third place schedule, fourth place schedule, there's got to be a division or two that's still variable, right, How does that work?
Speaker 2: We should know this? How do we not know this?
Speaker 8: I mean it's possibly we knew in November because we knew we were playing that NFC South and we knew we weren't going to be first, and we knew they were going to be last.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but they announced like the opponents for the twenty sixth season at one point, right remember that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, and at Saints's one of them?
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, yeah, I do remember that.
Speaker 2: Definitely something the Power to Morning Show should know.
Speaker 3: Who used I used to know we would know if Norda was away killed text us he knows?
Speaker 2: Well, really it was.
Speaker 10: Released in October. That's the article that I'm finding right here. Most of them are from January, But why I see one from October twenty twenty.
Speaker 7: So does it What does it say about variables in terms of like the two or three teams that are impacted by what play schedule we play?
Speaker 2: It doesn't say doesn't say that, who knows, We'll figure it out. What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 4: I do know it was on this date in what year that the music died Buddy Holly Richie Allence Big Bopper plane crash fifties or sixties.
Speaker 3: It feels like late fifties fifty maybe really early sixties, but it feels like late fifties.
Speaker 2: Fifty nine is a good guess. I'll just go right on the dot and say sixty.
Speaker 3: He also sixty one five.
Speaker 4: It was nineteen fifty nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Rising American rock stars Buddy Holly, Richie Allens, and JP the Big Boppa Richardson, along with the pilot who's forgotten, were killed when they're chartered beachcraft Bonanza crashed in Iowa a few minutes after takeoff from Mason City on a flight headed two Warhead Minnesota. Investigators blamed the crash on bad weather and pilot error, and the fact that it was nineteen fifty nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've played that spot right, I have.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The crash site, no, no, no, where they where their last show.
Speaker 4: Was, yeah, God, Surf Ballroom, thank you, thank you, yes, yeah, the Winter Dance Party. After mechanical difficulties with the tour bus, Buddy Holly chartered a plane for his band to fly between stops on the Winter Dance Party tour. However, Richardson, who had the flu convinced Holly's band member Waylon Jennings to give up his seat, and Richie Allens won a coin toss for another seat on the plane. So Waylon Jennings, who was I played, I believe played bass for Buddy Holly would have been on that plane, but instead lost coin toss to Richie Allence who died on the plane.
Speaker 3: Wow, what's the most you ever lost in a coin toss?
Speaker 6: We played?
Speaker 2: Corlis Well played whoopsies? Hey, can I do a sports story? Boy?
Speaker 6: You want an answer? We'll see.
Speaker 2: You're on my side.
Speaker 3: And here with what he called a sports story is the fans sauce. This is breaking news from Adam Schefter. Patriots owner Robert Kraft, like his former head coach Bill Belichick, was not selected for entry into this year's Pro Football Hall of Fame class, so neither he or Belichick will be in it. And it says one person is the reason Robert Kraft isn't going to be in, and it said Labelly Neil didn't vote for Robert.
Speaker 7: That's got to be super stressful, right, I know you just went through all the stress of parcels.
Speaker 2: Not getting in.
Speaker 7: And now as Robert Kraft himself he's got to be so pent up and stressed out.
Speaker 2: If only there was a way for him to just I don't know, relax.
Speaker 3: And I got a massage last.
Speaker 2: Night, Valentine, you bring your punch card? Did you have to call my dad this time?
Speaker 4: Check?
Speaker 6: And I did not?
Speaker 4: I did not. Credit card. I will say this, I did not, But I will say this, great massage credit card number one, number two. I love getting massages. I got to do it more often. But I gotta tell you, Marnie, as a guy, there's two things you worry about. Erection, right and and how bad does she her life right now? Having to touch this disgusting money?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: I lay there the whole time feeling bad for the whole time.
Speaker 3: Okay, but don't you think you sign up to be a massage therapist when you're when you know your job is to touch other human beings.
Speaker 2: I think you know you're not going to touch you know, every day?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: It's like if you're a proctologist. Yeah, you know how.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know what you're signing up for. You're dealing with fecal matter.
Speaker 2: In bucks, that's the deal. The Bung teeser, sure that dealing with matter? No, not this one O your proctology? She was, No, she wasn't. Did she wash your area up?
Speaker 4: Espial on the open?
Speaker 2: Did you go in there thinking he was doing research?
Speaker 3: When those ladies at the salon you went to dared you in there and you were over there before they finished their sentence.
Speaker 2: You're on a list.
Speaker 6: He was doing What would you do without any cameras or anybody else?
Speaker 2: Watch that, lady.
Speaker 10: It would be a really funny like episode of a sitcom. It's like Hawk is actually genuinely trying to get a massage, and as the therapists just really want to be prostituted happy ending, He's like.
Speaker 2: No, I just I just want a massage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, remind me I get a concept for a story.
Speaker 2: Do you know his Do you know his massage story? Maxwell? I feel like I've heard it before, but I don't.
Speaker 6: I can't recall him.
Speaker 3: Does ask you.
Speaker 4: You ever when you get a massage, Mars? You know I'm talking about, well you ever when you get in a massage, they do something and it hurts so bad you think you're going to die, and but you don't want to say anything because you don't want to make him feel bad, and so they just keep wrenching on like your foot, and you're like that. I think I think I'm going to die momentarily. You read that happy. Did you get massages very often?
Speaker 2: I do not. I don't like to be futzed over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like that.
Speaker 6: You know you're not paying customer, right, Chris, Like, if you.
Speaker 2: Don't like, you don't have to. I don't like.
Speaker 4: But this wasn't what happened last night. Last night was a great massage. But I did lay there thinking, oh God, that's the worst part of my body. She's That's why I feel disgusting. I wonder if she quit last night.
Speaker 2: Dudes to give massages, that would probably solve both of your problems.
Speaker 4: I'm sitting right here. What you need she's asking for?
Speaker 6: Tom?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it could solve both of his problems or start new ones.
Speaker 2: I'm laying there, Razor.
Speaker 6: You don't want to have that first problem.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Marty Gelller's here, will do the news in a second.
Speaker 7: Bonus has got to get out of here in like twenty minutes because he's got to start taking the Counanan Trail to Chicago and Pennsylvania, in Florida more The Power Tip Morning Show after this on the fin Yeah and