Speaker 1: Hey, come on your little Patrick morning shots. Criss over there for one more semi here.
Speaker 2: Hi, Christ see these listeners get it. Whenever somebody comes in to watch the show, when they bring us donuts or in this case, like bagels and coffees and stuff, it's like, yeah, it's like, that's how you do it. Yeah, we like to get bribed. Yeah we do right, Yeah, sure you can watch the show. Just bring us coffee. Love it. Yeah, home runs.
Speaker 1: That's all it takes.
Speaker 2: It's all it takes. Bribe us. We're easy. Marnin's on her way in. Yep. Belinda as well on her way in.
Speaker 1: Zacho will be here to play initials game as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir.
Speaker 1: The Crease, though, is here for one more segment.
Speaker 2: I think to do one more if there's space space. This is Camp News with Chris Hockey. Hi, and don't forget Crease one hundred and eleven thousand dollars an hour from now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, think of how many onlyfan subscriptions. Someone could get.
Speaker 2: All of them. There's only forty seven hundred or whatever in the Twin Cities, right, you could pay for all of them. I'd pay Rosie does. He's based on his Instagram I.
Speaker 1: Paid, not because I use them. I just want to help people, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you never look at their picture. You just donate the money and go on. It's almost like a GoFundMe. It certainly is there. I felt a go what so, yeah, that's an hour from now, one hundred and eleven thousand dollars, let's hope. But it goes off today. I have two days a day.
Speaker 1: Two different stories that are also from the start Tribune. Because if I'm a pay for some bitch, get some use it. By the way, I didn't know I was paying for it till this morning. I saw they'll show it.
Speaker 2: That app you have must have failed you then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's a long story.
Speaker 2: What's the start? You be in a month the digital version.
Speaker 3: The key is you just you after your subscriptions up. Then you use a new email address so you can get a good deal.
Speaker 2: So you just cancel new email address. Cancel new email address. Good point for the rest of the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's fourteen dollars a month or something like that.
Speaker 2: It's too much. Doesn't the company pay for it? Every time I click on it over here?
Speaker 1: Somebody must have fired.
Speaker 3: That's like one and a half only fan subscriptions probably right, don't know, don't know what the going rate is these days.
Speaker 1: A now defunct company, and this is a sad but in a weird way story. I'll tell you a minute. A now defunked Minnesota company abandoned a hunt No, abandoned one point four million chickens in twenty twenty four, leaving them to starve. That's terrible.
Speaker 2: In white year twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Four, the pure prairie poultry hard to say, went to funct and followed twenty twenty four and then failed to pick up or send feed for the chickens. One point three million birds were euthanized that would have otherwise become food. No question, Why didn't you still make them food?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Right, I mean I'll volunteer his tribute. Right, there's popcorn chicken, there's chicken nuggets, there's chicken strips. There's a lot of ways to do this, chicken fries if you want to go that direction. I mean, Canes would have taken it.
Speaker 3: See, I'm sure there were some rule that prohibited it, because if the company wasn't there to process it and go through.
Speaker 1: All of the right, that's a lot of chickens to just you know, kill a waist right now, and they were going to die anyway, but somebody got to eat them if you did it, you know. But I feel where you're coming from.
Speaker 2: Who counts them or do they all just so? Is it like, here's how many chickens fit in a standard like a couple of square feet and let's just multiply it by the amount of space we have, and it's one point three million chickens. I would hate to be the guy who counts your chickens, you know, before they hatch, before they hatch in this case, before you euthanize.
Speaker 1: It right right, and you know, you don't want anything to starve. That's the worst way to die. So that's the one thing I'm surprised about is that they didn't find a way to make them food. But the other thing that surprises me is how much the company was fined for starving to death one four millions.
Speaker 3: And that probably is the reason the government did not have someone else take over those chickens. Let's hear this, fine, what do.
Speaker 1: You guys think it is? What do you think the company, which no longer exists, was fined for leaving one point four million chickens to.
Speaker 2: Die, Let's say three in a three meal. Corey, I'm trying to figure out how much I would charge per chicken to find got be at least a buck. That's good logic. I like that. Let's go. Let's go eight million.
Speaker 1: Thirteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh, never mind, but my theory was long.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm throwing things over here. Thirteen thousand dollars, why even find them? That's what those chicken not only they starved to death, but you're telling them their life. They weren't a cent per chicken.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: That sends a terrible message to the chicken community.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what the pluck?
Speaker 2: Right, well done. I'm sure Glenn Taylor would have paid thirteen thousand dollars to take up one point three million chickens.
Speaker 3: How many people were gluing themselves to that building in protests?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: I missed a little girl. That was one of my favorite bits in the history of sports.
Speaker 1: I just gotta I see a further girl from g Taylor that said I would have paid double that to light the place on fire.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, weird. So that's a weird story. Here's another story. Autonomous vehicles Weimo are coming to Minnesota, but lawmakers are struggling to clarify the legal limbo that could threaten their arrival. Ramo Weimo, the robotic taxi backed by Google, announced it was coming to Minneapolis late last year as it grows beyond the southwestern and West coast roots. Its vehicles have been traveling in the city with human drivers since then, collecting data to get ready for the driverless cars, but Weimo's expansion has put pressure on lawmakers to change state law this year. Locke is currently silent on the legality of self driving vehicles. So it's not that there's a law against it. There's just no law for it. Either write it up. But are you yes, four or against? Weimo?
Speaker 2: Personally indifferent because I haven't been a part of it yet. I haven't tried it, so I'm indifferent to it. Opinion.
Speaker 3: I'm fine with it, but there are some things that need to be worked out. Have you seemed recently like where there's a police intervention and there's a Weymo that just is in the middle of it all of a sudden and imagine meeting person. There was the one where there was a stand on and the Waimo's just sitting there. And if you're like, I'm just trying to get to Tom's watch bar and I'm in the middle of the potential shootout.
Speaker 1: Right, there's a way to naked gun make that funny? Yeah, I mean sure, you're like, you're just riding along in your way Mo, going to see grandma and suddenly you see the lights in front of you and you hear the gunfire. But Waymo doesn't. He's just trying to get your Grandma's.
Speaker 2: There should be like a button to push to be like play by.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there is an emergency button. I do remember that because I rode in a Waymo past a casino to wave w wave at it. Yeah, talking talking stick And it is very odd to not have a driver. And I never got comfortable, but I'm sure you would after a while.
Speaker 2: But do you see the wheel moving and stuff, right, it's.
Speaker 1: The weirdest thing, right, And they they purposefully have the voice be very comforting that talks to you. Welcome, Chris Hockey. We're going to be taking you to your place. Please on your seatbouty, you know your pants on? Right? Yeah? Well, luckily I didn't say that, but it is disconcerting when that's happening, But I have read a lot of stories. Man. The one guy was stuck in it for three hours as it drove in a circle in a Walmart parking lot, and he couldn't get out.
Speaker 2: The best because the emergency stopped button.
Speaker 1: He kept hitting it wouldn't stop, so he called him and then took him forever to get that thing to stop.
Speaker 2: Then you just kicked the window out and just climb on the window.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, speaking of laws and things that we're waiting for, I saw a breakdown of this potential bipartisan sports betting bill that keeps getting thrown out, right, and if we're making progress, and is this going to be the year? Are we finally going to break through and have legalized sports betting in Minnesota, especially with the prediction, poly markets and all that kind of stuff, right like it's happening anyway, let's just figure this thing out. I forget the guy's name, the one guy that did a couple of minute video and breaking down. I don't know. I don't even know what side of the alleys on. It doesn't matter because he was talking about this is a bipartisan thing. We're trying to get pushed through, and he was talking about what we need those with some consumer protections to make sure that this is fine and what's going to work, and he said twenty one years old would be the minimum. And I don't know if it's always had a problem with that. I'm one of those guys that, like, I have a real problem with I can go into a casino at eighteen, I can go to war at eighteen, but I can't sports bet in Minnesota till I'm twenty one. I just I don't understand that. And I understand you don't want everybody in high school, senior or of high school to have gambling apps on their phones. I get it, But those are the same eighteen year old kids that could be seniors in high school that go to casinos, that go to the gas station and buy lottery tickets. They can gamble a thousand other ways. I don't understand how we get to pick and choose what kind of gambling is appropriate for what age, because the twenty one thing doesn't make sense to me. Either the gambling in the entire state should be twenty one or sports betting should be eighteen.
Speaker 3: But the difference is that's already the law that right now you can go into a casino at eighteen. This likely is in effort to get a couple more votes to get it to pass. If you have people that are a little uneasy about it, and you say, what if we eliminate the whole high school thing being a possibility? Right, unless you've got a super super, super super senior, then right then at twenty one, do we have your vote? That's a lot of times what it comes down to. It's not necessarily so it's not even like it's what can we get passed?
Speaker 1: I'm glad you use that word logic because that's what I was about. That's why I raise my hand. I wonder what the logic was behind the magical year twenty one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean? Like, why not? And even number? Why not twenty? Right?
Speaker 1: And the research shows that your brain fully is, you know, around twenty five, your brain is finally fully developed. Why twenty one? I wonder where that number came from?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I understand that can't be right because Sauce's brain isn't fully developed yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's a good point.
Speaker 2: He's forty what three? Right?
Speaker 1: Right, it's a big head though, Man, it's a lot.
Speaker 2: There's a lot to like, right, Yeah, that might be a lifelong cheer of pet project.
Speaker 1: But I wonder what that why? I understand eighteen, like you said, that's probably when kids are graduating Fro high school. What twenty one I wonder why.
Speaker 2: Is it's like the oldest cliche thing ever go you can go to war, but you can't buy a beer. You can go to war, but you can't. But it's like, I know, that sounds like an easy trump cart, but it's an easy trump cart because it doesn't make any sense. How can you send a kid overseas to fight for their life and fight for their country but they can't have a drink or sports bet Like it seems like it's those two ages should definitely overlap. That makes no sense to me. But whatever. But again, and you know this, Creasey, I love that you answered it that way because that makes a ton of sense. But as you know, because you were in the legislature, almost all of the gambling laws are made by people who don't gamble and don't understand the loopholes. They don't understand. It's just I don't think they consult the right people. And I know the casinos are involved, the tribes are involved, but man, almost always the gambling laws are made by the people that don't understanding.
Speaker 3: Which sometimes is okay, because it's good to have a fresh perspective without any Like I love to gamble. I know the ins and outs of it, right, so that I would be useful in this discussion. But it's also good to say I am concerned because I can see this from the outside outside the cloud going this is a danger. This is a danger. This is a concern. Let's avoid those. So it's good to have both you.
Speaker 1: Thank you for saying that, dude, because honestly, I am for legalization one hundred percent right, because people should be able to make their own but there should be some rules too, because gambling addiction is a giant problem, and I think everybody involved in the industry would agree. Let's protect people from themselves. There are things they're the same way we do with drugs, in the same way we do with drinking. Protect people if you can, you know, so, let's use our big brains and reason and make it legal, but put some stuff on it that makes it so you can get help if you need it. I don't know, but you know, I.
Speaker 2: Like doing it the right way. I like that, and I'm pretty sure this guy did that. There are some kind of you know, kickback to help gambling addiction problems. The other problem, though, to me, the difference is always the gray area with what defines gambling, right, Like, the stock market is gambling. It is there's no safeguards. I can go to the gas station. No one's going to stop me from buying unlimited amount of scratch offs out of the machine event, right, So there's it's like, why do some forms of gambling have safeguards but the other ones are like, well, stock market's investing, that's gambling. It is. Yeah, you might not think it's the same thing as a scratch off or a roulette wheel, but it is ultimately gambling. It's educated gambling, but it's gambling. And that's important.
Speaker 3: That hypocrisy is to do it right the first time, because you're not going to go in and tighten things up after the fact, especially when there's revenue attached.
Speaker 2: Correct, right, you got it. It's the same thing we said about weed for a long time is you've got to make sure that you don't make the same mistakes other states have made, and we've already made mistakes with Weed, and I'm sure we're going to make mistakes whenever this freaking bill goes through too. Hopefully as soon as possible, we'll see. All right, we'll do sports in a second. Marnie should be here in a minute or two. Belinda Jensen in like ten minutes. We'll play Initials at a fifteen. It is in the power Tom, What don't you on the fan? All right? Marnie's here, bonus cresol.
Speaker 1: No one cares.
Speaker 2: Melinda should be here in a second. She's texting you. Is that what's happening?
Speaker 1: When she text me, I'm marsy yah, she'll text.
Speaker 2: Menie Gelner from She's from Marnie Gelner dot com. Right, yeah, that's right. You have a similar website or what's the name of that. It's not Marnie dot com if you're.
Speaker 1: Talking about that. There's a Chris Hockey dot com as well.
Speaker 2: It's so weird, man, Am I the only one that doesn't have my own name as a website because my website is Initials Game dot com. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, I'll tell you what's weird is you're the only one that doesn't do speeches through Kayla Criso, which you can book me dot com. Yes, got you, this is rolling advertisement.
Speaker 2: I do do corporate initials events though, I do do that corporate initials events through initials game dot com. You got it, buddy, Look at that? Look at you. How about your Wolves, Marnie, We're looking good. It's about time. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like we've been waiting for this version of this team all season.
Speaker 2: And when we see it, man, it's just sosa. Was there place? Was rocket? That was my first Wolves game in years? Where were we sitting?
Speaker 3: I was like seven rows behind Parker and Taylor.
Speaker 2: I saw you walk by.
Speaker 1: Hell was she pemp Strutton?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you couldn't hear me though, I was like, but it was loud in there. So yeah, dang, well, thanks for texting me. Let me know all eight of the in five Street.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And we moved into third last night because the Rockets lost to Golden State while Steph.
Speaker 2: Curry is still hurt.
Speaker 4: So that's a bad loss for them, and that's a great dub for us. And now you got the Orlando Magic who on tomorrow tomorrow afternoon. That's a scufflin team.
Speaker 2: It's a two o'clock game. That's weird.
Speaker 4: Amazon Prime picked it up, but we are also still doing the game, so I don't I don't know why they have a two o'clock Saturday afternoon that does seem like an odd watch time. But my point is it took this long to just finally claw into fourth because it's so jammed up. Now you finally leap frog to three. This is when you go, Okay, do not let this position go?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, five and a half behind Wenby and the Spurs a billion games behind. Okay, see with nineteen games to go. But still I can live with our glass.
Speaker 4: I can live with the three seed because we were living in that six. We were even in seven for a while, Like six six seven is a tough place in the last.
Speaker 2: I got a hardcore basketball question for you, since we're asking hardcore basketball questions. The Spurs and Wemby again beat Detroit last night, right, and Detroit's awesome. We get it, they're a great record, but it seems like the Spurs own them. Jason Tatum expected to make his season debut tonight, and the Celtics are Yeah, the Celtics are. Celtics are forty one and twenty one this year without Jason Tatum. That's insane to have one of the best top five to ten players in the league and they're forty one and twenty one without them because Jalen Brown's obviously playing close to MVP level. Anyway, here's my pointer, or here's my question with the Celtics being the question mark. I know the the Wolves are the third seed in the West, but doesn't it feel like, yet again, the NBA champ is coming out of the West. Like, I don't think Detroit can beat okay See in a seven game series. I don't think they can beat Wemby in a seven game series. I don't think they can beat the Wolves in a seven game series. I don't know about Boston yet because I don't know how Healthy gat them twice in the next month, though I believe right, but I think the top three teams in the West, it would all absolutely work.
Speaker 4: The Detroit Pistons, Yes, it does seem that way, but it also feels like it would be fun to see them in a best of seven because I don't think it's a four to zho sweep guaranteed, and the first month, maybe two months of the season, I would have said, nobody's touching. Okay, See it's a four to oh sweep for the whole the whole playoff series. But now we've seen, Okay, they are beatable, and I don't know if Detroit is the team to do it. And I just time I'm okay, Yes, I'm just saying in the East, Boston, Detroit, whatever, it's.
Speaker 2: Not a given it.
Speaker 4: Yes, I feel like the champion's going to come out of the West. Also because the competition in the West has been tough for all seasons.
Speaker 2: So these teams are primed.
Speaker 4: They've just gone through the bigger battles, sorry if that's offensive craze all season long, and are just more prepared to play that those kind of tougher games. So, yes, is the champion coming out of the West in my opinion, Yes, But is it a given.
Speaker 2: A kickbokh, No, But it's like an eighty five percenter. Sure, But I bet there are some four to three series. There's maybe there are a couple of game sevens, that's all, And that's what we want. This guy's got grease onlesspurs I got biased. I want my dad to be right. My dad's almost eighty eight and he told me, like when I was very young, three things, don't lie, don't mess with married women, and don't bet serious money on sports. And I always say two out of three ain't bad. You picked one, and well, if lying's one of them, you don't even know what I'm lying about. But also the don't bet serious money on sports is subjective. But my point is is he got the Spurs at thirty five to one, and I got him the next day because I'm like, all right, I'll swat this with you at thirty to one. I'm not making a lot of money on this. He's not making a ton of money, but it's a it's a what a ton bet? Yes, that's a fun but it's it's four figures for both of us if we hit. I just want him he'll be eighty eight by the time the NBA Finals rolls around. I just want him to be like I got one.
Speaker 3: Well, it is not like he picked five teams we're talking of. You said this was like he said he spotted them and said's ready.
Speaker 2: Was the first or second week of the season. He goes, I think Wemby's ready because he had watched like one National TV game. He's like this team's not three years away. They're ready. And I'm like, I'm in Vegas if you want me to. He's like, put some money on him for me, and I'm like, all right, I got to sweat this thing with you. So yeah, I have definitely I'm betting with my head and my heart because i want my dad to get it, and but also now he's just right. The Spurs are prime to do it this year because they've also not just owned Detroit, they've they've kicked a hell out of Oklahoma City too. Like they are well again. And when Wemby is on, he's the most unstoppable force in the NBA because of his size. How do you defend it? If he does a turnaround jumper, you can't defend it. He's seven almost five, right if they say almost like another eNTRI he's almost seven to five. The only one that can stop him is himself or an injury.
Speaker 4: For your dad to be able to see that is incredible.
Speaker 2: At eighty seven, and it was like the one day he didn't ask for the twins, Scuttle Buddy's ready.
Speaker 1: Furthermore, your dad gets mentioned at such positive lights.
Speaker 2: What is that way? What your dad doesn't no my.
Speaker 1: Dad doesn't like that.
Speaker 2: I disagree on a daily basis. Sauce talks about how proud your dad must be. He does say that, like like when you did the news report in the bathroom that he goes, your dad must be so proud. What's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: I guess you're right? Never mind, Hey, did you guys see that the lights went out at the UH Georgia? Noheard about it, Okay.
Speaker 2: Because it's not the Excel Energy Center anymore.
Speaker 1: Exactly did you guys known that Zach was the one who leaned up against the switch and turned the lights off during the game.
Speaker 2: That's a true story.
Speaker 1: No, no, against the witch and turn the lights off in the arena.
Speaker 3: That would be so that would take the whole light digital. There should be a video of him doing that.
Speaker 2: You can. That's a great baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Get Luckily it was five to nothing Minnetaka, so the game wasn't in jeopardy at all.
Speaker 2: But the lights This game is over right.
Speaker 1: But there was a college hockey game I believe. Let's see if I have the date here UH on February twenty eighth at Grank Sceine Arena. Game was tied three to three in overtime, Yukon was on a breakaway and the damn lights went out.
Speaker 2: On the breakaway.
Speaker 1: On the breakaway.
Speaker 2: That's somebody who has money on the game.
Speaker 1: And Yukon wound up wound up losing in a shootout later. But so you and and you've got to see as the kids he breaks away, he's going down the court. What do you call ice? What have you got? And the lights go completely black. The entire arena goes dark, and of course they turn the lights back on the kids, like, come on, man, let's good.
Speaker 2: Before the first round matchup against the Dallas Stars, Bill Garen is going to have some kind of a switch installed where he can just flip the lights off if if Dallas is on a breakaway, the crazy thing has to do it.
Speaker 1: It's happened twice at least now during games, and I can't find any story that tells me what happened, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's a conspiracy.
Speaker 1: I just yeah, I mean, I just wonder if it was, you know, just somebody in a boot somewhere accidentally leaning up against the light switch.
Speaker 2: How torn must Sauce be Minnetonka and a Dinah both moving on? Yeah, they're both in the class two way semis. Yeah, he claims he cares more about a Dino, Yeah, Bandwagon. He seems like a Dina guy. He does Minnetonka, Rosemont more Head and a Dina Moving on four, Yeah, he lights on, Are those are those two? I guess we can ask that when he gets here. Are those today or tomorrow? The semis?
Speaker 1: I think there's a round of semis today?
Speaker 2: But is that the other class though? Is that Class A today in class two eight tomorrow? I don't know. Zach gets here, you can fill us in, You'll fill you. Yeah, there might be a schedule online. We could click ay clacking, No time for that.
Speaker 1: He doesn't look at him.
Speaker 2: He's busy. I'm busy. My dad's texting me other sports bets he wants to make, and he wants sports Betty law to go through.
Speaker 1: My dad is not texting me anything. My dad isn't either, Okay, he's with the Lord. Yeah. I just don't want people think my dad's texting me what Sauce says. He's always texting me.
Speaker 3: What my father in law text me often, and I'm always like, this took a lot of work for him.
Speaker 2: He's not much of a text. Yeah, so like he took five at a time to say nice joke.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: That means a lot to me, right effort. It's not like the t nine days.
Speaker 2: Burb just texted me Georgia. Ha ha ha ha ha. No one got it. Yeah, I guess we did. Hawk said the lights went out and I said in.
Speaker 1: Georgia, oh god, oh I got it.
Speaker 2: Well now you did. No, he got it, just didn't laugh. Oh so Barb like that joke though, Yeah, because she's my miguel. Yeah. And it was club Yeah, are you playing password?
Speaker 4: Guys pulled the room and three out of four said yes, No, I'm not playing password today, but I am playing password next week.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, look at you.
Speaker 2: We'll be cheering for you.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Uh you're playing Initials in like forty five minutes against Melinda Jensen, zach Alberson and Chris Hockey Chreas. We got an extra bonus segment out of you. We appreciate it. Man.
Speaker 3: I love you guys. I will see you next Friday. Go to my website John Cristla dot com and book me for your next event. John Chriesla dot com. Love you, guys, gool.
Speaker 1: Wolves, love it bye body.
Speaker 2: All right, more with Martie gallan'er in the Power Trip Morning to after this. I'm the fan. We got that right.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to partrim Morning. Sure here we are. I'm ahead and hit this because one is going to be in a minute out here. But it's time for.
Speaker 2: The power of.
Speaker 1: Dragco exs. My top story for the Vikings today is that Blake Cashman's a good dude and I'm looking forward to having him as a power to the Powers Tip Morning Show. Had dinner with him last night. Thanks to the people of the movies. We were down at No we would have of course we love that place too, uh, but we were down at what Hex place? Calling again, I told you, thank you, which is delicious, great people. Thanks to the people a Delta as well. But spent some time talking to uh to Blake about being in the defense but not just that. He won four championships, state championships at Eden Prairie and high school. Unbelievable. He was a walk on at the University of Minnesota, which I didn't know, and of course ended up uh being a great linebacker for them, and then got drafted to the Jets. Went from the Jets to Houston and then got to come home. What a great player, got a baby on the way in May. He would be a perfect member of the Power Morning Show. And we're going to have him on soon. But talking to him about Flores and playing in that system but being the guy who wears the green dot was fascinating. I can't wait to talk to him about it on the show. Good talker, Good dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, our free agent class from two years ago slightly better than our free agent class from one year ago. Absolutely, the one from a couple of years ago with Cashman and Grenard and Van Ginkle, like, that group was legit and they had an impact immediately and they continue to have an impact, so much so that Grenard wants to raise and the Vikes might have to trade him because of it.
Speaker 1: Right, That is the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then the last year's classes the opposite. We're moving on from her Grave, We're moving on from Allen. Most of the signings last year did not work Ryan Kelly obviously because of injury and concussions. Yeah, although that's not definitive yet, but I think it's a stalemate, Yeah, because I think the Vikings want him to retire, and I'm sure Ryan Kelly and his agent are like, no cut us, so you have to pay. You know what I'm saying, like, yeah, if you retire, the money's different than getting released or cut or whatever. I don't know how that works, but maybe there's some kind of a stalemate there. I don't know how that works, and.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it is something to do with you know, your agent is supposed to be on the lookout for you. So if there's a way for it to be more profitable or just better in the long run for him not to retire and he's waiting on, you know, maybe they're working that on. I'm sure. But that kind of thing brings me up to something I was going to ask you about when it comes to Grenard. I think maybe nobody is their perception is screwed in this way. But it's obviously not a situation. But they think Gernard can't be a great viable linebacker in the league, and they probably think he might be better than the person who's going to replace him, as even by a wide margin. The situation is he does want to market correction in his contract. He's signed here on a sweet deal for the Vikings to come prove himself, and now he wants a raise, and it just looks like maybe the Vikings just don't have the money to give him the race even donate, even they know he so richly deserves, you know.
Speaker 2: So look at his twenty twenty six cap hit is a little over twenty two million. Right. He signed a four year, seventy six million dollar deal with the Vike, so under twenty million a year on average though, right, right, And we just saw yesterday the former Viking that we essentially swapped with, even though it was separate deals. Right, we got Grenard and then Daniel went to Houston. Yeah, in free agent deals, Daniel just got a one year, forty million dollar deal. So if you're Grenard going, all right, maybe Daniel's maybe I'm not saying Grenard thinks Daniel's better. I hope that he's confident in himself. But even if he's honest and he's like, all right, Daniel's having a more productive year than I am, he's not worth twice what I am, right, right, So that's just Grenard going like, all right, can we get closer to thirty? And the vice we don't have the money to get close to thirty now, the CAP's a myth. You can sign whatever you want to whoever you want, and however much you want on that you can just move money around. Well, look at the Cowboys. The Cowboys basically took their three biggest contracts and said, let's just fudge the numbers, and now they're all under the cab. Yeah, you just got to move money around. It's not hard.
Speaker 1: After watching that documentary on the Cowboys on Netflix, I'm pretty sure Jerry Jones doesn't care what the rules are. No, he'll just do it and let the NFL sue him.
Speaker 2: Done that.
Speaker 1: It's fascinating.
Speaker 2: But it's like Belinda Jensen on Caro Levin for the last three decades. She doesn't care want, she doesn't listen to rules, she doesn't follow the bosses, and now goes rogue retiring. It's just been amazing how much she cusses on the air. Yeah, because what does she caring? What are they gonna do?
Speaker 5: Fire?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. Hi, Blinda, good morning, to see you again.
Speaker 6: Good to see you.
Speaker 2: At Glinda, Marnie Martie, Blinda.
Speaker 1: I hear the nervousness in her voice. You're nervous right now, aren't you about this game coming up.
Speaker 6: No, I'm not nervous. I did my homework.
Speaker 1: Oh I went.
Speaker 6: I know I'm absolutely gonna fail.
Speaker 5: But I did go to Maynard's with my son Tanner, and I played it on Wednesday night with Meat.
Speaker 2: Sauce Hot Sauce, who was a host.
Speaker 6: He does a great job.
Speaker 5: But he even said at the end, he goes, we need to make sure these questions are not so tough.
Speaker 2: They're tough. Yes, it's the trivia mafia. People make him tough. It's it's trivia. You know you got to you gotta earn it, but you gotta earn it. But the bar was packed.
Speaker 6: It was a super fun night.
Speaker 2: That's awes fun what you just said. You believe you're going to fail. Your buddy leeve Olsvic also has very little faith in you.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: We were in Abbot's office a couple of days ago and she predicted zero points for you.
Speaker 1: She said, she said some terrible things about great friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks, Lee, you said your son would do better, but that that Belinda's getting a zero. Yeah right, I.
Speaker 5: Mean I brought him along for good luck. So is he good at this game? Are you his head?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 6: He plays with his friends, and he has a great time on Wednesday night.
Speaker 2: I knew he seemed smart, cool man like that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that place was packed the other night. That's fun. Yeah it was.
Speaker 2: You get the waffle fries, I totally did you have to best waffle fries in the Twin Cities. It's not even close.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, And then that firecracker wrap thing, I don't even know for it bigger than your head.
Speaker 6: It's like amazing, let's.
Speaker 2: Go not bigger in Sauce's head, but I mean very true.
Speaker 1: Yeah. How was the reaction to your and it's been overwhelmingly positive and so much love. How was the reaction to your retirement announcement made you feel?
Speaker 6: Yeah, my uh my.
Speaker 5: Door code doesn't work anymore, so I think I'm supposed to leave. I'm not really sure now, Yeah, no, I'm good. I actually we announced last Monday here on this show, and we coil Monday, I guess it was. And then I decided to move, and so I haven't actually been to work for a bit. So when I get back, hopefully it will work. I'll be able to get in and do the show and the whole thing. So no, it's been great. You know, this code auction that I did that I'm doing. It's as of yesterday fourteen thousand dollars, so I know, the community really just stepped up. So all that money's going to the ICA Foodshelf. So that's fabulous, that's awesome. Yeah, people are really nice. I appreciate it for old coats, I mean for my coats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was really cool.
Speaker 1: That is great.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you heard us praising you, and it's going to be awkward to praise you in front of you again. But Chad Hartman, our friend chat Hartman, a couple of days ago on Twitter, said that Belinda Jennison is the most beloved weather person in the history of the Twin Cities. And we were debating that on this show. No doubt you're a mount Rushmore person. But isn't it awesome that you're in the conversation, Like when you think of the names like Paul Douglas and you know, Ken Barlow, all these decades of people that have had long careers in the Twin Cities. If you're not number one, you're definitely in the conversation for number one. Nice.
Speaker 5: Well, he's right, though, hopefully the forecast has always been good for people who knows. Yeah, I mean there's there's a there's a there's a nice history of people here if you think about all the people that have done it, Dave.
Speaker 2: Dall and Dave Doll the conversation as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, a lot of people, so Mike Fairborne, Yeah, and you can go back to you know, I mean there's a lot of them.
Speaker 6: So yeah, pretty, it's very nice. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I've seen Dave Doll at the casino a couple of times. He likes to play cards. Well, he just moved up the charts. He's number one on my list unless Belinda likes to play cards.
Speaker 5: Well, I like I like well, I like the dice a little better. Maybe I wish they had craps in the state. That would be fun.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about this?
Speaker 6: You know, slots are kind of fun.
Speaker 1: I probably do blackjack though.
Speaker 6: If I was going to sit at a table.
Speaker 2: Come to Vegas with a power trip, we party. It's super funny. I've degenerate gamblers. Every one of us, that's like a couple of us have problems. Yeah, for sure, that's true.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you look at me, but you're right. Yes, that's right.
Speaker 4: That's right, yeah, Bell, question for you, Okay, I don't really have I don't have a fascination with the weather, but I feel like I pretty much always know the forecast, as in maybe a two day, three day basic I've I just always know.
Speaker 2: I'd like to be prepared.
Speaker 6: You feel it in your bones, sir, I feel it in women.
Speaker 2: We're in shorts.
Speaker 1: Leave it long? Since?
Speaker 2: What app do you use? Not because you need to know.
Speaker 4: If the cumulus clouds are going to come in from California in five days, but if you're just like.
Speaker 2: Is it gonna be hot and sticky?
Speaker 4: Or because we all on our Apple phones, you have the built in just basic weather app that's kind.
Speaker 2: Of on our homepage.
Speaker 4: I use that one, and then you're right next to it the Weather Channel.
Speaker 2: It makes an app. Those are my two.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't it be weird if she answered your question by saying, you know, right before I go in the air, I look on the WCCO app.
Speaker 6: Well, I was.
Speaker 5: I thought maybe the forecast would come up, even though I haven't been working.
Speaker 6: I did look.
Speaker 5: The care app has a good little seven day I'm looking at right now. Did you make that this is the seven day that I just got from my team.
Speaker 6: So there's that no to do.
Speaker 5: The forecast six to seven, six to seven days out, you are looking at a bunch of computer models. There's no app for that because all the apps are obviously computer driven. But then if you go to an app like CARO, leven or CCO or KSCP, then the meteorologists in that building will come up with their forecast and then their seven day will be on that app. So I would advise maybe going to that because then it actually has some human you know, sure connection and there's actually humans doing that forecast because for sure, the computer does a great job let's say twelve hours out, twenty four hours out, but then after that it just can go awry. So that's why when you look at these apps, you see all these different forecasts and you're like, Okay, which one do I want to believe? Well, let's believe the sunny one, right, But yeah, so.
Speaker 6: That there's that. There is that.
Speaker 5: So there's there's a bunch of computer models that actually we all pay for with our taxes, and they're all government models. There's the American model and a number of them, there's twenty five of them.
Speaker 6: So we look at those. That's what we do.
Speaker 5: We look at all those and then we look for trends, We look for patterns, we look for you know, sequences, and then we from there come up with the forecast.
Speaker 4: So you're telling me I should ditch my weather apps and I should be looking at the care eleven.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, the computers apps are fine to glance at, but then if you want to see if they're correct or not, then go to a forecast that's actually a human max gotcha.
Speaker 4: I have also heard whether people say that a seven day forecast is like it's because we as consumers and people, we want a seven day forecast, but really even five is a stretch to be accurate. And if you think about it, like today is Friday, your ability to tell us what next Friday is that's not really humanly possible.
Speaker 2: We should not expect you to know. I expect her to get Friday.
Speaker 5: That's ridiculous. Friday at eight thirty am. That's people actually do want. There's a trend, sure.
Speaker 4: But to say, like what we Linda said, it's gonna be thirty five next Friday.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 2: I can't hold you to that. Well, it's a full week away.
Speaker 5: It's obviously trying to harness the chaos theory.
Speaker 6: It is the cast theory.
Speaker 5: So the atmosphere is you know, fluid, it's liquid, so yeah, you know the butterfly effect.
Speaker 6: If butterfly flaps.
Speaker 5: Swings in Australia, it could be a windstorm in California three days later. So I mean that's you know, sort of exaggerating, but not really because obviously every single day matters, like what happens upstream of every other spot like here. So I would say that it's gotten better and better, but I would say past four days, then you're more in a trend or in an in a like a an area of forecasts like let's say four or five degrees. But the forecast, I mean, the the apps are getting better and better. Not the apps, but the models are getting better and better. Since I've been there, I've been doing this for thirty six years, there's there's a lot more. The grid is tighter, the forecasts are better, the severe forecasts are better, the hurricane forecasts are better.
Speaker 2: So that's good.
Speaker 6: But still it is the cast theory.
Speaker 5: And we still have a dartboard at Caro leven once in a while, just throw it art, you know.
Speaker 2: That's pretty awesome.
Speaker 6: That's how it goes.
Speaker 2: A lot of stand up comedians do a bit somewhat similar to this, But why do people care so much about what the weather at the airport is?
Speaker 6: Exactly? Nobody lives at there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So why why do a lot of podcasts say like, yeah, at the airport, it's.
Speaker 5: Well this because that's where they are actually recording the high, the low, the snow, the rain, the climate. They're they're forecasting or they're recording the climate at the airport because that's where the Weather Service is.
Speaker 6: So that's why the forecast, and that's where the balloons go up.
Speaker 5: They have two balloons a day, two hundred and seventy three spots across the US. Our National Weather Service here in Minneapolis, they still record everything at MSP, but it's in chan Hassen, So the balloon goes up from Chan.
Speaker 1: They still use balloons for real. Yeah, twice a day.
Speaker 5: Wow, they have to, Yeah, because so there's a balloon that goes up from here to the ion sphere. It records everything every tenth of a second, every parameter, and then that's a profile of the atmosphere in two hundred and seventy three spots and then that is the that's the raw data that goes into the computer models that they extrapolate from.
Speaker 1: Can I be dumb? How come I don't ever see it? Is it a giant balloon?
Speaker 6: Is this does super giant?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: You should go see it sometime.
Speaker 5: It pops and then there is a parachute and it comes down, and it's a light little box that has a radio, a radiosnd in a radio transmitter that's transmitting all the information back to the weather service, back to the computers. And then if you find it, they say please return it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please return? How high up before it pops?
Speaker 6: I on a sphere?
Speaker 2: Which is how high?
Speaker 5: I have no idea. I can't think that much this right, I had better get my act together.
Speaker 2: But like higher than planes? Are we talking like?
Speaker 1: Oh yes?
Speaker 2: Like fifty thousand feet yeah, sixty thousand feet?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: And then it pops and just falls down over the parachute, and.
Speaker 5: I think it's two I think it's two hundred and seventy three spots.
Speaker 6: To do it twice a day.
Speaker 1: It seems archaic.
Speaker 5: No, it's no, it isn't, because that's how you get a profile.
Speaker 2: The atmosphere like a real I get it.
Speaker 1: But you know, I mean, I would way, that's that's amazing. I can't believe I didn't know that.
Speaker 6: That's how they get it.
Speaker 5: And then that's the raw data that goes into all the models, and then all the models have different algorithms that have the forecast that goes out.
Speaker 6: Two, four, six, eight, ten days.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's really something.
Speaker 5: And then if there's bad weather, they'll send it an extra balloon, like they'll send up a one o'clock balloon because they want to get a profile the atmosphere to see if anything's changed since the one that went up at I think it's seven am and seven pm or six am and six pm.
Speaker 1: Forgive me if you just said this, because my mind was blown. How big is the balloon? Like like big as this room or big as me?
Speaker 6: No, it's half as big as this room.
Speaker 1: No kidding, that's fascinating to me. Yeah, I'm sure, Zach m But.
Speaker 2: Zach knows all about weather balloons. I'm sure you're a weather balloon guy. I love watching them every day. Was it four o'clock in the morning they launched or something?
Speaker 6: I just thinking, I don't know the times you watch.
Speaker 2: The stream of weather balloons getting just watch videos of them launching weather balloons, because I'm a giant nerd.
Speaker 5: If you call, if you call the Weather Service and you have a kid that's into it or something, you or any of you, you can go watch them do it.
Speaker 1: That is really fastic. You have taught me something valuable.
Speaker 2: I'm just imagining somebody finding that thing and when it's just please return this, and I'm not returning, and I'm going to put it on eBay. So Zach buys it.
Speaker 5: It's a little teeny cardboard boxy Zach wants it. A little radio in there, radio transmitter.
Speaker 1: There are some guy somewhere whoits as fed as she's got fifteen hundred of the men's garage.
Speaker 2: If they launched it from the same spot every day, he's just hoping that the weather's identical, so it keeps popping in this same place.
Speaker 5: He's collected the chans and ones usually land in northern Wisconsin because kidding travels east.
Speaker 2: Well, they're never going to find those. No, Why how do they even get the radio signal back to the Weather Service if it gets there because they don't have Wi Fi. Right, Yeah, that's a problem.
Speaker 1: Brilliant man. That's really cool.
Speaker 2: That is really cool. See we learned something. See the show hasn't been a complete waste of time.
Speaker 6: Well there's my knowledge for the day. I'm not sure how I'll do in a few minutes.
Speaker 2: So we learned that Minnesota has more serial killers than we thought. Yep, we learned that the guy that inspired the guy from Jurassic Park is in the Epstein Files. What else did we learn? They dined in Minnetonka and are moving on in the state high school. Yeah, the dockey tournaments, Zach? How was the How were those four games? Yes? Today? Electric or not? One solid? Not great? One very great? Yeah, right in the middle. There there are good parts and bad parts. All right, why don't you break down what we got when we come back after this more with Belinda Jensen Marnie Geller will play Initials in about fifteen twenty minutes, one hundred and eleven thousand dollars potentially up for grabs with the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union Initials jackpot. That's in a couple of minutes right here on the fan