Speaker 1: Is it gonna get real cold? So when he says, like, like we haven't had in thirty years, what about the cold? Because right now it's not bad. It's ten, which is not good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's only going to like basically go down.
Speaker 1: Like all the weekend or forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ever, ever until about July. But no, Yeah, it's like maybe it'll.
Speaker 3: Get a little bit warmer, but then this afternoon's going to drop down and then I think we're seeing like highs, well not highs in the negatives, but lows in the negative.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I think it's a high of.
Speaker 1: Zero, murder, a high of zero tomorrow of zero. Wall.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: I've got to go. I can't say where I'm going because that would give away when I'm getting somebody for Christmas. No, I'm not, Bailey. Turn your turn your headphones off and I'll tell you. Okay, oh yeah, okay, plug your ears, plug your ears.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay.
Speaker 1: So I got her a care of cat cat slippers cats because she loves cats, and a cat trivia calendar, like one of those desk calendars. Back to us, Bailey, there we go. So don't tell her, don't text her and tell her what it is. Hate it. Bailey is a good performer. So when Bailey opens it, she'll be like wow.
Speaker 2: Awkward because she hates getting gifts.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 4: I do hate getting gifts, but I'll still smile about it. I'll be like, wow, thank you.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the ad where it's like, well you drew her dad in the Christmas gift exchange? And Dad's sitting there all grumpy in his chair and he's got a box on his lap and he opens it up. It's one of those fairy gun massagers and he looks at the sun like, this is the stupidest gift. And I thought, what an a hole of a dad? You don't I don't care if he gives you a dirty plate, you go, wow, this is this is a beautiful dirty plate. And then later you go, what the F is this? But you haven't seen that commercial? No, you gotta watch more TV.
Speaker 4: Well you have regular TV and you don't haven Ese don't have regular TV with I don't.
Speaker 1: I got Hulu. Don't you watch local channels on Hulu?
Speaker 2: Na, No, we don't watch local channels period.
Speaker 1: Why aren't you watching local channels? You're missing America's Funniest videos With Alfonso you're missing Alfonso Robero on Friday, on Saturday Sunday night, I.
Speaker 2: Miss on Hulu. What I can watch that on Hulu?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you watch local channels on Hulu.
Speaker 3: Somebody who listens to the show is giving me their Hulu login. But I think I got logged out and now I can't get.
Speaker 2: Back in, So.
Speaker 1: Sorry about that.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the.
Speaker 3: Year of the snake, because that's what twenty twenty five is. And if you haven't heard anything about this, it's probably because you have a different algorithm than me.
Speaker 2: But I want to.
Speaker 3: Talk about it because basically, twenty twenty five is what they call a snake here. It's also a nine year, which means when you add up the numbers in twenty.
Speaker 2: Twenty five, the equal nine.
Speaker 1: Ooh.
Speaker 3: So a nine year equals completion, a snake here equals shedding.
Speaker 2: So what is the snake here exactly? They say it's.
Speaker 3: Everything that's false, expired or outgrown is going to fall away. And then a nine year brings completion, closure, endings that feel final, things run out of life force likeles complete themselves, old identities dissolved, And I have never related more to anything in my life because let me tell you, it was a year of endings and a year of new things that have come about, but mostly it was a big year of endings for me. And I'm wondering if anyone else was experiencing this, because they also say that a snake year, a nine year is a pretty difficult year too, because when things end, usually it's a sad thing, you know, like for the most part, unless you needed to end it.
Speaker 4: Right, unless it's like an era of your life that you're right, okay, goodbye life.
Speaker 3: But I know you, guys said when I asked you about this, if you have heard about it. Dave was like, I have no idea what that is. But Bailey, have you heard I don't know.
Speaker 2: I haven't.
Speaker 4: I heard it like on maybe like a clip, like one singular clip talking about it. But it is definitely more of a your algorithm kind of thing than a my algorithm kind of a thing. And I don't say that with any kind of hate.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know at all.
Speaker 3: I know that it sounds woo but like I feel like when I see all these explanations of it, it really does make sense to me because it has been a very different year than I've had in the last like handful of Yeah.
Speaker 2: So for me it makes sense.
Speaker 3: And I know it's like according to Chinese calendar and stuff like that, where it's like, okay, you you're relating to it because you might have specifically related to you that year, But have you ever related to the Chinese calendar on anything else?
Speaker 2: Probably not.
Speaker 1: That's a good point. Yeahs you'll read your horscope and be like, yeah, kind of yeah, yeah, I guess yeah.
Speaker 3: We apparently like according to all of the stuff that I've been seeing, you're supposed to just be releasing things this year. So if you feel like twenty twenty five took you, buy the hair, ran you down the road, toss you around a little bit, and spitch you out it because it's the year of the Snake and it's a nine year.
Speaker 4: I looked it up for twenty twenty six and it says twenty twenty six is the year of the horse, specifically the fire horse, and that brings in themes of bold action, freedom, passion, and progress after the Snake's focus.
Speaker 1: That again, that's interesting.
Speaker 4: Yes, So it says the year of the fire Horse in twenty twenty six, bringing themes of bold action, freedom, passion and progress.
Speaker 1: Bold action, freedom, passion and progress. Yeah. Now the thing about this is like it it cannot apply to everyone. Yeah, I mean maybe twenty twenty five was a wonderful, beautiful year for you and it doesn't apply. But it's kind of fun to play with a little bit.
Speaker 5: Why not.
Speaker 1: Take what resonates and leave what doesn't, says this text, And I think that is kind of true and that resonated with you.
Speaker 4: That was my favorite part of going to like any Chinese restaurant though, is the like a place mat that they have with all of the different animals on it so you could see, like which animal that like you were? Yeah, you'd be like, ooh, I'm the horse, tiger tiger I think remember.
Speaker 2: Is it based off your birth month?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think you're a horse too. No, not your birth month, your birth.
Speaker 1: Year really yeah, birth year.
Speaker 2: Just because I have a horse, since it doesn't mean that I.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't say, I wouldn't say you have a horse face, But there the wreath around your neck is very flattering. It's very flattering. And I love her new saddle. I love that the saddle really works on you. Thank you all right, We'd be back NonStop. Commercial free. In a second on Katie B. We're gonna talk about we got a Christmas wish. We have a debate. Some people are one side of this and some Susan and I disagree on this. We have from the word go. She insists on I do it this way. I'm like, I don't do it that way. I didn't grow up doing it that way. And this is something every budy has to decide on. I don't want to hear what you think coming up on that. We'll tell you what that's all about. Christmas Wish. Stay here on KDB on Katy w B. We are back one hour commercial free on kt B Vaanson Jersey with the family. He's such a family oriented kind of a person. He's like, oh man, I love my family, love this, love to see my dad, love to see my mom, my little sister, blah blah blah. So he's off with his family in New Jersey and I.
Speaker 3: Haven't talked to my dad in six months, nine big seven zero.
Speaker 1: So I did call him, did you How did the conversation go in? How far into the conversation did you bring up weather? Because when you talk to your parents, unless you're like really really close and a lot of people aren't good. It's like it sure has been cold, and oh, it's only going to get cold. Or how long into the conversation did weather come up.
Speaker 3: It was probably like five minutes in, but only because he was telling me about his plans for like that day and then the next day.
Speaker 2: And then he was saying, like, we it was the day we.
Speaker 3: Got hit with the big snow storm, and then they were getting hit with it the next day in Wisconsin. So he was talking about all of his plans for his birthday and then how he had to do this and that that day because tomorrow they're going to get a bunch of snow.
Speaker 1: That's the way it is. That's how it is. We are going to go right to the big debate. Yeah, and this is something Susan and I disagree with. I wear my shoes into the house. I wear them into the house. Susan does not like that. I wear him into the house. She'll be like, see you made much spots on the floor. Ah, And I'm like, that's the way I grew up. I mean, we grew up ot in the middle of nowhere, and I don't know why, but we always wore our shoes in the house. And sometimes when you go to somebody's house, you see like other people's shoes by the front door, or you look at the homeowner's feet, and if they're in their socks, you take your shoes off. I was at my cousin Vicki and Jay's a couple of weeks ago in Colorado, and I would have thought I would have pegged them is definitely take your shoes off in the house. They were wearing their shoes in the house. I'm like, yeah, I love this, Jenny. Where do you fall shoes in the house or.
Speaker 2: No shoes off? Please?
Speaker 3: Please, don't thank you, especially at this time where you're tracking your snow and your dirt and your mud and your gush and whatever all over the place.
Speaker 2: Take your shoes off.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, but I don't want to clean my floors constantly. And I yes, I do have mostly hardwood floors, but I also have carpet and rugs that you'll be standing on.
Speaker 1: So take your shoes off, baby.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's just ingrained in me at this point, like anytime you go to anyone's house growing up, you have to take your shoes off, which I feel like is a very Minnesota thing.
Speaker 1: It must be a minute in Colorado. Nobody took their shoes off now and it wasn't not a disrespect. Yes, that's just the way it was. Now.
Speaker 4: It feels like a novelty when you walk in and you go to take your shoes off and they say, oh, don't worry, you don't have to.
Speaker 1: Take your shoes off.
Speaker 2: And then you're like, heck.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, because your shoes usually like finish your outfit, especially if you're going to like a holiday party or something and you're dressed real nice and then you have these beautiful shoes on. But then like you take them off and you're wearing these like dopey socks, like, oh, man, well now I look like an idiot.
Speaker 1: That is the truth. Because we'll go to like the neighbor's holiday party and like, you know, there's thirty people there, there's thirty stacks of thirty pair of shoes stacked by the front door, and.
Speaker 4: That's kind of ugly in my humble opinion. All right, well you got a stack of coat, stack of shoes.
Speaker 1: We ask people on Facebook, do you let people come into your house with their shoes on? Deb said, leave your shoes on. I don't want your socks to get dirty. Got mostly tile floors, and I work hard outside. If we cook our shoes off every time, we wouldn't get anything done. Cheryl Keller says, I have brand new carpet, so take your sho shoes off summer and winter. Liz says, leave them off, put them by the door, please, and thank you. Another one, Chelsea, no shoes in the house. My kids crawl on these floors, yeah, which I guess. Megan says, you know, it's not the end of the world. Floors can be cleaned. That being said, when people come over for a significant time, they take their shoes off. Short time we keep them on. We usually are standing around the island anyway, so it's surrounded by laminate. When I go to other people's houses, though I do ask, you feel little bit weird asking should I take my shoes off, knowing that it implies that you don't really want to yeah. But if they go yeah, if you don't mind, then it's kind of like fine.
Speaker 4: A lot of people are texting and saying that they have like inside shoes, or they have little slippers that they put on once you walk into their house. So many people are saying, I have inside shoes that I take my outside shoes off and I put on the inside shoes. But if I'm hosting a party, I'm not providing inside shoes for everybody.
Speaker 1: If you should, You said that sounds those little sack things, a little stretchy things like the zero res guy wears when he comes by your house.
Speaker 4: It's not a little stretching SOCKI things, and then we can all slide around.
Speaker 3: This specifically says have you ever been to a men's urinal with your shoes on and then walked in your house disgusting pee and pooh all over your house floors?
Speaker 5: Ew.
Speaker 1: That is a very good point. It is a bunch of text messages. Alexis is from the South. I'm not sure if she means Albert Lee or Dallas, but she says we don't take our shoes off unless they're muddy. Maybe it is kind of a regional thing. Another one says, there's a bunch of text messages shoes must come off. Think of all the germs you're tracking into the house every time you walk into the bathroom or pump gas. I do not want poop, spit, and gas in my home.
Speaker 5: Spit.
Speaker 1: There are a lot of good points on this one. Text messages, Yes, we have three great Danes and they make the floor more dirty than shoes. Plus it's only heard wood floors, so it's an easy cleanup. So Carinne says, go ahead and wear the shoes in the house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, someone else is. If it doesn't snow, leave the shoes on. Otherwise you will go home with hair on your socks from all of our pets.
Speaker 2: Like, I totally get that.
Speaker 1: This one says, I clean homes. Take your shoes off. The mop water tells all I know when people don't take their shoes off because the mop water is that dirty. What do you think? Do you take your shoes off or do you leave them on? The big debate?
Speaker 4: No, I want little inside shoes now, I can keep like cult.
Speaker 1: White like little slippers by the doors.
Speaker 4: I do own a pair of slippers, but sometimes like you're wearing them inside and then you end up thinking, oh crap, I gotta go to Walgreens really quick and get something, and then you wear your slippers out so talk they're outside.
Speaker 3: You've never done that before, but I know someone that I used to live with who did would do that. And just completely forget that they were wearing their slippers. And I'm like, how do you forget? I don't forget, you just forget comfort. Yeah, I mean, may Doe wear my sleeper, my sleepers, I wear my first all year round, our year artist.
Speaker 1: Somebody says, I'm Asian, and it's really common for people to have slippers out for themselves and for their guests, so they can take off their shoes at the front door and slip into slippers easily.
Speaker 4: We wanna go to like a bougie house where they like, please take off your outdoor shoes and put on these indoor shoes. And they're all like ug slippers. They're all fancy, and we have various sizes. Please pick whichever one's best to you. Thank you for coming to our home.
Speaker 1: Let us know what you think. Send me a text at KDWB one. All right, we're gonna do Dave's dirt. We're gonna get done to finish with Dave's dirt, We're gonna get right into a live Christmas wish. Alyssa is next door doing a Christmas wish in just a moment. But we got some dirt to catch up on. Let's get started and show one on one point three kd WB Kelly Clarkson is gonna do this song on Christmas Day at an NFL game. I love this is my probably my favorite current Newish Christmas song. And by the way, a little fun fact, the nineteen fifty two the Catholic Church condemned a Christmas song that is now a classic. You probably could guess it if you thought long enough. But in nineteen fifty two, the Catholic Church condemned a Christmas song that you actually hear all the time. Anybody want to take a guess? It's a tough one. If you had a list in front of you, you would be a come up with it.
Speaker 2: I really can't stay cold outside.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that's a good one. That's a good one though. That's a good guess it is I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus.
Speaker 2: Yeah there, yep.
Speaker 1: The church initially thought it condemned or condonned adult tree, and so they can they banned it or condemned that song. And now it's like, okay, the Santa Claus is you know the story.
Speaker 3: Okay, we all remember this guy named CSI. He had a song called Gangnam Style. I do have a little clip we could play of a song.
Speaker 1: Open Gam Star Gungam Star.
Speaker 2: THI is in trouble right now.
Speaker 3: South Korean law enforcement is investigating him for illegally obtaining obtaining the psychotropic drugs of Xanax and ambient so we couldgo. Detectives raided his office and conface scated his personal phone. Management said that they did cooperate with everything, but a doctor did prescribe the drugs to SI, but apparently he cut corners and obtaining them, which it's like, if you got the prescription, why are you doing that? But according to South Korean laws, I was required to personally visit the pharmacy. Instead for three years, he sent his manager to pick up his drugs. So he apologized for his clear mistake and explained that he's been treated for a chronic sleep disorder. So it sounds like South Korea is just a little bit more stricter than probably we might be around here in the United States. Like, if you have a manager that I guess I don't know about that, would you be able to send me to go pick up your drugs?
Speaker 1: Usually it's like his spouse or a family member, like I could send my wife or my daughter possibly to pick up a prescription. But if I have, like you know, Bailey drive through the CBCVS drive through, they'd probably be like, uh no.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Dave's meds.
Speaker 4: They'll be like, Bam, get out of here, give him to me. We've been talking a lot about Taylor Swift because it's her birthday tomorrow, she's turning thirty six. But a more important birthday in my humble opinion, also tomorrow is Dick Van Dyke. He is turning one hundred years old. Tomorrow is wild. So PBS has a special that's coming out called American Masters. It literally comes out tonight about Dick Van Dyke, and I was nervous about it, or not about that special, but about his birthday because he did write a book over the summer called one hundred Rules for Living to one Hundred, which was published already, and it feels like a little premature before you've turned one hundred.
Speaker 1: But he made it.
Speaker 4: He made it well, he'll make it tomorrow, and I fingy's crossed that he will make it to tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I believe it. I believe in him. This is really interesting. Time magazine always says their person of the year. Years ago, they used to call it Man of the Year, and then in the last few decades they changed it to Person of the Year. This time it doesn't go to a single leader, celebrity or public figure. They say the architects of AI are the person of the year. These are the people who imagined, designed, and built today's artificial intelligence system. They say that twenty twenty five was the year AI's potential roared interview becoming impossible to ignore. In his statement, the magazine praised the innovators for delivering the age of thinking machines, for wowing and worrying humanity, and for transforming the present while transcending the possible. And we have a rule here on Katie wd Be and all the iHeart stations that there's no AI. We don't do AI anything. We just don't because you don't want to hear an AI disc jockey. You don't want to hear AI music. Yeah, everything that we do is guaranteed human.
Speaker 2: And you can tell because we mess up occasionally too and.
Speaker 1: All the time, all the time. So that is the dirt is brought you by six one two Injured Himer and Lammer's injury Law. Let's get started with a Christmas wish and leave in the magic of the Holidays Dave Ryan's Christmas Wish. Hello, Alissa, Hi, You and I talked on the phone the other day, right we did. We talked a lot about about your Christmas wish? And how you know this person is a couple, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, Brian and Caitlyn?
Speaker 1: Okay? And how do you know Brian and Caitlin?
Speaker 6: My husband and I went to.
Speaker 1: High school with Okay, gotchau and they are facing some seriously challenging times of their life and we want to help them out with a Christmas wish. So we're gonna do it live right now. You're not going to cry or anything, are you.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna try really hard.
Speaker 1: It's okay.
Speaker 2: We have all these napkins just in case it does.
Speaker 1: It does happen, Alyssa. Let's check in with our boys at Brandon. Brandon just came from the gym. Brandon was doing squats with a one hundred pound kettlebell. Doing squats with one hundred pound How many did you do? Brandon? Wait, I gotta push his button?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How many? How many kettlebell squats with a one hundred poun kettlebell did you do this morning, Brandon, did not keep Jack, did not keep trap. Just boom. It was so easy. Boom. Basically, what I'm saying is that Brandon is like, he's gonna do your moving for you. You don't want to move, You're do your moving. Things are heavy, You're gonna drop something, You're gonna break something. Brandon. How many moves do you participate in a week? Are you? Are you back in the office crunching numbers, Brandon, I'm more in office. But back in the day, Brandon, you used to do a lot of the moving. Maybe correct? Oh, yeah, gotcha.
Speaker 2: When he was in college and had muscles.
Speaker 1: Brandon, thanks for what you do, and thanks to College Muscle Movers for delivering all of these wishes far and wide, hither and yawn. Brandon, thanks for all you do, and have a good day. Stand by in case we need you. Okay, thank you, my friend that is Brandon from College Musclemovers dot Com. Let's make the phone call to the wish e right now. And there's still time for a couple of more Christmas wishes. We're pretty much locked up most of them, but there's still a couple that are kind of like, you know, we're deciding whether they're you know, like just the exact family that we want to help in that type of thing, the top one, then the bottom one. Then okay, gotcha. So with Christmas wish we get the person. Yeah, Hi, Hey is this Caitlin? Yeah, Caitlyn. Hi, surprise, It's Dave Ryan on the radio over KDWB, and I'm here with your friend Alyssa. Say hi, Alissa, Hi, Caitlyn.
Speaker 7: Hi.
Speaker 1: Caitlyn has told us a little bit about your family and some of the challenges you're going through, and she nominated your family for a KDWB Christmas wish, a kind of a surprise. Yeah. Do you know what a Christmas wish is? Have you heard it on KDWB before. Oh yeah, Well she has told us about your situation, and we said, my gosh, we really want to help out this family with a Christmas wish. So your friend Alyssa wrote a very touching letter to us describing your challenges. Can she read this to you and on the radio, Caitlin, Yeah, okay, whenever you are ready, Alyssa, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Bringing cookies later. Sorry.
Speaker 1: Oh so you lied and said because we got to get the sures to stay home. The wish used to stay home and answer the phone. So you like the old a white lie that said, I'm gonna come bye with cookies. No cookies better than cookies, Caitlyn, I promise you.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, okay.
Speaker 6: Brian and Caitlin are more than friends, their family. For over twenty years we've shared.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, it's okay, take your time. We got plenty of time.
Speaker 6: Major milestones, but nothing prepared us for the real, rare terminal illness that their daughter Lany faces. Christmas wish for them, My Christmas wish for them is simply time. Time to enjoy leaning and keep creating memories to hold on to her forever.
Speaker 1: That's okay, You're doing great.
Speaker 6: In the midst of COVID, Delaney Jane joined their family. When she turned six months, they noticed she was falling a little behind hitting normal milestones. By nine months, she started to regress, losing the ability to set up, and a year she had a seizure in their home, which spiraled into a journey of countless appointments and tests. As they witnessed waited for answers, their baby continued to decline. Shortly after her second birthday, Lane was diagnosed officially within ad It was a diagnosis they never expected and forced them to accept in more in the life they hoped for for their sweet little girl. Laney is now five and continues to regress. They don't know how long they have left with her, as the disease is progressive and currently has no cure. Brian and Caitlin have chosen to focus entirely on love and quality of life, shifting away from constantes and hospital visits and concentrating instead on making every day they have left with me meaningful. Caitlyn left her dream job to stay home and care for her full time. Despite the daily physical, emotional, and financial tolle I've never heard them once complain. They remain incredibly positive, finding unexpected silver linings like extra cuddles and with You're saying how much joy Lay brings to everyone around her as a mom, especially during the extra chaos of the holidays, when I find myself fading into the background of carpool's laundry and the hustle of everyday parenting hurt drug. Thinking about everything you're doing for her, your strength, you're devotion, and your ability to keep showing up with love. It's something people will never see you or understand. I want you to know that I see you as a person, as a friend, and as the best of all. My Christmas wish for Brian, Caitlin and Lany's brother, Beckett is the most precious gift of all time. Time free from the burdens of everyday chores and stress, so they can simply be a family and continue creating a legacy of beautiful memories with Laney.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Hi. I know it's emotional, and you did a good job getting through that. That was a hard one to get through. Caitlin, I can't even imagine having little and she was about what five or six months old when you noticed something was just not as it should be, right, Yeah. Yeah, And now she's five and she has continued to regress, And from what I understand, you're kind of foregoing a lot of the tests and appointments and trips to the doctor just to enjoy and spend the time and create those memories with your lovely daughter. Yeah.
Speaker 7: But yeah, lady has been on.
Speaker 5: Hospice for about a year now, and we're very grateful that she is still with us, And like Alyssa said, she just with a neurow degenerative disease that you just kind of watch things decline and yeah, it's not easy, but we have people like Alyssa and our world that kind of keep us going.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and then you have you have a little Beckett is beck how old is Beckett?
Speaker 5: Is? Eight?
Speaker 4: Is?
Speaker 1: Eight? Is that Beckett in the background?
Speaker 7: It is?
Speaker 1: What's up? Buddy? Hi? Beckett?
Speaker 7: I'm second grade?
Speaker 1: Your second grade? Well, look at that, you're in second grade? Are you ready for Christmas? Beckett? That is awesome. I'm sure Santa will bring you some really cool stuff. We are going to bring your family some cool stuff with that. That's what Christmas wish is. And we know that we cannot take away the pain and the all the things that you're experiencing, but we want as Christmas wish. I think it serves us three things. Number One, it takes away from the daily challenges and pain for just a few minutes to let you smile a little bit and to be on Katie WB and hear all of these things that might make your and your family say a little bit brighter. Second of all, it lets you know that you're loved and supported, even if there were no gifts there, there would still be a lot of love and support. And I think another thing is that it really serves the purpose of is letting people realize, like you did, Alyssa, that when you have a problem with your you know, your low tire pressure light coming on, or you've got a driveway you have to shovel that things kind of fade with the perspective. And I think that's one of the things that does. But let's get back to those things that we want to help you with to make your Christmas a little bit brighter? Can we do that? Beckett? Listen up, buddy, because we got some things for you. Do you want Beckett to hear these things or do you want to keep it a secret and have Sanda bring it for under the Tree?
Speaker 7: No secret, you want.
Speaker 2: To hear it?
Speaker 1: Beckett, listen up, buddy. We got some stuff for you. I'm not going to tell you everything. I need to keep a couple of things secret, but we have We have a car Lego set. We had an airplane Lego set, a Transformer Lego set. Do you like legos, Beckett?
Speaker 7: I love them.
Speaker 1: We got a dog man and a Captain Underpants book. Do you like Captain Underpants? Okay, I'm gonna keep some of the other things secret, so you there'll be some secrets left and surprises on Christmas, So Beckett you can keep wondering what that might be. So Beckett stand by. You're taking good care of your mom and dad and your little sister. Yeah, okay, let's talk about Delaney. She's five, and we've got just some things that we hope she'll enjoy with a little help from mom and dad and Beckett. We got we got a squish mellow. We got an Aria aerial dress and shoe set, sleep beauty dress. We got some barbies and accessories that you can play with, and some other things too, clothing and some practical stuff for little Delaney. And where is is Delaney? Obviously there with you right now.
Speaker 7: Yes, she's right here, Hi, Delaney.
Speaker 1: I know that she's not always responsive, but I just want to give you a little shout out and let you know that we're thinking about you, Delaney. For Brian, that's your husband. Where's Brian, Brian? Brian. We got some things for you, guys, just to kind of like enjoy creating some memories and kind of taking some of the load off of you financially. Because I can't even imagine what the financial burden must be. So we got some things that are going to just help and send some love and the message that you are cared for. We had a three hundred dollars High V gift card for Christmasy snacks and things down at High V. We've got a five undred dollar gift card to Dick's Sporting Goods, so mom and dad can pick out some new clothes or whatever you want from Dick's Sporting Goods. Are you guys a basketball family? You like the Wolves? Okay? Good? We're gonna send to see the Wolves take on Golden State on Saturday, January second. And from what we hear, Alyssa is gonna take care of watching the kids while you're at the basketball game. And we got one hundred and fifty dollars gift card if you get a chance to go to Woodhouse Spa. We know it's a little bit of a drive, but it's worth it. It's Woodhouse Spas if you get a chance to go there. This is interesting and fun and I don't know where it came from, but I like it. It is a Coleman Atlantis air Jet large square four to six person inflatable hot tub and we're gonna yeah, wow, it's got it's got one hundred and forty air jets. We've ordered it. We're gonna ship it over to you. So it looks like and probably Brian can set that up and you can help him out, and Beckett will enjoy that too. That sounds kind of fun. And then just some self care kits. And there's more, because there's just a lot of smaller things for you. Two hundred dollars visa gift card from Plugs Electric and Forest Lake, A two hundred dollars gift card to Great Clips good at any location thanks to Great Clips. Oil changes from Valveline, Broadway Pizza gift card and listen to this one. I hope you get a chance to take advantage of this. That's a thousand dollars thousand dollars gift certificates a Great Wolf Lodge so you and your family can enjoy a staycation. And I hope that works out for you considering the challenges that you have. And one hundred and one dollar gas station gas card from Holiday Station Stores thanks to our friends at Holiday and all of these things maybe won't change your life, but maybe let you know that you're appreciated. Make his smile a little bit. You and Brian put the kids to bed, get a glass of pino and sit in the hot tub and enjoy that. And I hope that that she's laughing. That's good, she's giggling, she's laughing. And I think the message is we just want to make your Christmas a little bit brighter and let you know that you are loved and supported.
Speaker 7: Okay, well yeah, that's how we feel right now. We're really overwhelmed and.
Speaker 5: So we just are really grateful for.
Speaker 7: This is a lot, and thank you Alissa for thinking of us.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 6: Love you guys, We love you too.
Speaker 1: Give Laney a big hug for everyone who has listened to your story and from everybody here at Katie w B. And also thanks for letting us jump into your morning and do something to brighten your day a little bit and let you know that you're cared about, and also to give people the message, hey, be grateful for all the blessings that we have and thank you for spending time with us here and have the best possible Christmas and enjoy all of these things. For you and Caitlin and and uh oh backet little beget bye back, have a good day, buddy, bye bye, Merry Christmas you guys. I'll let you say, okay, thank you, Beckett. I'll let you say goodbye bye, guys.
Speaker 6: Enjoy everything, love you and have a merry Christmas. O.
Speaker 7: Well, thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Katie w B.
Speaker 1: You're so welcome. Bye back at Christmas Wish on kde w B. Christmas Wish on k d w B. We're gonna do no phone screen your Friday in a second, but I'm gonna do some thank you because this was a big Christmas wish. And you know what, I just made the connection a minute ago. The reason they got the hot tub was because little Laney, that's one of the few sensory things that she really can respond to and relate to his floating and they used to put her in the bathtub, but now she's too big, she's five for the bathtub.
Speaker 4: So now they got the hot tubs as you can float around in that.
Speaker 1: I love that. Yeah, that makes sense. I just thought it was something for mom and dad to go relax in. But that totally makes the connection. Thank you for helping us set that up. Some Thank yous for because we just there's so many people we have to think and I'm not going to sit here and not acknowledge the companies and the people who have helped out. Megan and everybody would House Spas and Eden Prairie High V shop this holiday season, don't forget to sign up for high V perks and get even more discounts and deals thanks to Amy and everybody of Valveeleene. You don't think of a Valveleene oil changes. It's kind of like getting a haircut. You don't go you know what I want to do. I want to go get a haircut. It's the same with an oil change. You just got to do it. Broadway Pizza donated two thousand dollars worth of pizzas. Every Christmas Wish is proudly presented by Holiday Station Stores. For every fuel purchase now through December seventeenth, Holiday will be donating a portion do Christmas Wish. So when you fuel up, do it at holiday Shout out great clips. I was just over at the other the state of the location in Shoreview the other day. Shout out to Emily who did the What do you think of the haircut? You like it?
Speaker 4: I mean, it looks kind of like it was before, but a little bit shorter.
Speaker 2: It's actually I feel like more short than you normally.
Speaker 1: Would you say I look hot? No, that was too.
Speaker 2: Quick the spirit of Christmas.
Speaker 1: Maybe okay, thank you.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: Great clips are easier with online check in. I do it all the time. I have the Great Clips app. And it's like, you save your spot in line. It's like, oh, what's the weight of the salon closest to you, Oh, twenty four minutes check in Boom. Then it sends you a message that says, go to the salon you're up next. Shout out to Plugs Electric in Forrest Lake p l U g Z Electric Safe Home. Start at Plugs Electric two hundred dollars visa gift card and we appreciate that one. Also Youth Link and a Choice Bank for helping us all the finances and it is all tax deductible. If that inspired you and made you realize, my gosh, I think that's one of the things about anything in life is you compare yourself to people who are going through something much more tough than you are, and you go, man, I've got it pretty good. The fridge needs cleaning, the fridge is disgusting. Oh my gosh, who made this mess? And then you think about like how healthy your kids are and all they track mud across the carpet. Well, I'm glad that they're able to track mud across the carpet, so you're kind of put things in perspective. It is KTWB and you can still donate on KTWB dot com, slash wish and nominate as well.
Speaker 2: Just sat up because we keep getting asked this question.
Speaker 3: We are going to be doing another Treasure Island match day coming up on Tuesday, so from six am to ten am, Treasure Island is going to match any donation that comes in, So we would love for you to donate at any time of course, but I know a lot of people specifically wait for the match day, so just has that that's coming up on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Okay, good to know. Thanks for all the comments on Christmas Wish. I'm glad that it touched a lot of hearts and makes you really count account your blessings. Okay,