Speaker 1: This is the Tri State Chevy Dealer's Postgame Sports Talk presented by R and L Carriers. Postgame Sports Talk is brought to you in part by Pellow Windows and Door making life brighter. Pella Now pay Later Carrier and your local carrier dealers turn to the experts. Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tove Sheldon five one three five one three, top h Postman Law Injured call eight four to four Postman Others promise Postman delivers R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider and by your Tri State Chevy Dealers the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for nine straight years and now post Games Sports Talk.
Speaker 2: Hi, Hello, and welcome to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk show here on seven hundred WLW and ESPN fifteen thirty. My name is Austin Elmore. Happy to be with you and let me be the first to wish you a happy victory Friday. That's right. For the first time in a month, the Bengals are back in the win column, and they do so on a Thursday night against their bitter rival and a Hall of Fame quarterback in Aaron Rodgers and the Pittsburgh Steelers. They picked off Rogers twice and old Man Joe Flacco comes away victorious and what they were calling the Icy Hot Bowl. Some we're calling it the Unk Bowl, the Old Man Bowl, whatever you want to call it. A couple of forty something year old quarterbacks were lighting it up at pay Corpse Stadium tonight, and boy, oh boy, was that a fun football game. I'm sitting there, I'm at the edge of my couch and I'm like leaning towards the TV screen, and I have this pit in my stomach. And if you're a Bengals fan, you know that pit that's in your stomach. You know that feeling when you're like, I don't feel good about this. It's not gonna end. Well I don't, and you just you can feel it coming and you're just waiting for the next shoot a drop and you're waiting for the next gut punch. Except it didn't come. Joe Flacco kept coming, he kept driving down the field, he kept leading the Bengals. He was not afraid to throw the ball up. He was aggressive, He got the ball out quickly, and he led this team to a victory. Jamar Chase was outstanding yet again. He set a Bengals record for receptions in a game with sixteen. T Higgins had one of the smartest and best plays you'll ever see from a wide receiver when he caught a twenty eight yard pass and slid down inside the ten yard line. Because he knows well as everybody else, you can't trust the Bengals defense, and the Bengals brilliantly nestled the clock down to about eleven seconds and Evan McPherson kicked a game winning field goal to give the Bengals a thirty three to thirty one win. Cincinnati now three and four on the season. They break that four game losing skid. They are two and zero in the AFC North and are right back in the conversation, Right back in the conversation. Why well, because they play the Jets at home next week after the mini bye. The Jets are winless. Then they play the Chicago Bears at home after that before the bye, and then they have a chance to go into Pittsburgh and beat the Steelers again. This is the time in the schedule where you start. You gotta start getting hot, you gotta start heating up a little bit now. Obviously Flacco was wonderful, and what he's done over the course of ten days, sin say, hard to believe, like legitimately hard to fathom. But also we got a good report on Joe Burrow prior to the game today that his rehab is going well, he's on schedule, he intends to come back in mid December. He was on the sidelines tonight in a walking boot, had the hat on, had the headset on Joe Burrow. Sighting Joe Burrow still possible that he comes back at the end of this season. And if you can keep yourself afloat the way the AFC is shaping right now, there's no reason to believe that the Bengals can't make a run. Well, I take that back, there's one reason to believe the Bengals can't make a run, and that is, by god, the worst defense I have seen in quite some time.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I've seen and you've seen some bad Bengals defenses over the last couple of years. It's hard to find a group worse than the twenty nineteen Bengals. That's still the worst defense I've ever seen. Only twenty four Bengals defense was pretty atrocious, and the twenty twenty five defense is not much better. I mean the inability to tackle slow off the line of scrimmage. Pittsburgh could have run a toss to the right side every play tonight and won the game if they wanted to. That's how slow the light the linebackers were. That's how bad the tackling was. That's how awful the defensive line was. Now, obviously Trey Hendrickson not playing is going to have an impact on that. Shamar Stewart playing his first game in a few weeks is gonna have any He's not gonna be one hundred percent. Not gonna expect him to show up and be Trey Hendrickson. Not going to be easy. But Barrett Carter left a lot to be desired. Demetrius Knight left a lot to be desired. Nobody really played well on the defense except for DJ Turner. Another couple of pass breaks up for DJ Turner, press passes broken up. He tried to say for DJ Turner the league leader in that category, and the Bengals may have a budding star in DJ Turner on the outside. On the opposite end of that spectrum, one of the storylines going into the game tonight. Cam Taylor Britt, he was a healthy scratch. He got his ass benched by Zach Taylor and the Bengals coaching staff because of how atrocious he has been. And Josh Newton, Marco Wilson, dj Ivy in on the last play of the game, they all got a shot over Cam Taylor Britt, who has put together one of the worst performances of a Bengal ever so far this season. So there's a lot going on with this team right now as they head into the quote unquote Mini by which is obviously being off this weekend, and then getting back to work ahead of the New York Jets in the Bengals Ring of Honor game next weekend. I want to hear from you five one three seven four nine seven thousand, if you were at the game tonight, if you watched the game tonight, if you listen to the game tonight, if you were stuck at work and you were scrolling on Twitter during the game tonight, I don't care. Anybody is welcome on this show at five point three seven four nine seven thousand. You can also tweeted me at Audie Elmore a U T. Y E L M R. Now, I'm gonna say something here that might be an unpopular opinion. It might get a couple of people all riled up. I'm not trying to hurt anybody's feelings here, but I have to say this because I believe it to be the truth. Zach Taylor was excellent tonight. Zach Taylor had one of his best games ever. When it comes to play calling. He had great feel, he had great balance, He kept the defense guessing. He used a lot of different motions, bunch formations, quick passes, slants, took advantage of man coming, took advantage of zone coverage, and ran the football effectively. Did Zach Taylor? I thought he had a brilliant feel for the game tonight as a play caller and got into a rhythm and a comfort level with Joe Flacco, and that allowed the offense to flourish. And more than anything, they effectively ran the football. That's important. When you run the football, you unlock everything else. This is a huge, huge step in the right direction for the Bengals. Well, take a break, we'll come back and we'll get to your phone calls. You're listing to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk Show right here on ESPN fifteen thirty and seven hundred WLW. Welcome back into the Tri statee Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk Show, ESPN fifteen thirty, seven hundred WLWI, Austin, Elmore. A reminder for you on this beautiful victory Friday morning, that postgame sports talk is brought to you in park by a door and window company where they sell the best and service the rest. The Bengals window might be opening again with Joe Flacco leading the way. Flacco tonight thirty one of forty seven, three hundred and forty two yards, three touchdowns. Bengals offensive line did a good job protecting him as well. Just two sacks for fourteen yards. Now he got the ball out quick. That's a good thing. You got to live like that in the National Football League, especially against TJ. Watt and Nick Herbig and Alex Heighsmith and all those guys that Pittsburgh has on that defensive line. Great offensive game plan from the Bengals tonight, especially on a short week. Let's go to the phones five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifteen thirty. We have full lines right now as we inch towards one o'clock in the morning. Let's start in Cole Rain and talk to Joe. Joe, you're on postgame sports talk. What's up?
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks for having having me and you've got a great show.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Man.
Speaker 5: Hey, listen, you could coach the Beangals.
Speaker 4: Brother, you could coach the Bengals with that offense with Higgins and Jamar Chase.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you can team.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you what what they got here is you got a guy and Joe Flacco who didn't have anybody's row to. Really basic Cleveland receivers weren't that great. Now he's got somebody can throw to.
Speaker 6: Jamar needs somebody to throw him.
Speaker 4: The ball, and he can need somebody to throw him the ball, and that's working. So oh no, it's working. On a defensive end, Let's face it, Pittsburgh didn't play.
Speaker 3: Any better than the Bengals.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: And honestly, I tell the Bengals got to do is match the other defense through the season. If they can do that through the whole sentire season, to have Flaco beyond point like you was tonight, I mean, that's face.
Speaker 3: You're right. He throws the ball quick.
Speaker 4: He's does an amazing job.
Speaker 5: And getting getting it out quick.
Speaker 6: He has like three seconds gone.
Speaker 4: He's got to keep throwing that and if he does, I see the Banks maybe sneaking in the back door.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: I mean tonight it being a decent Pittsburgh stewer team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did, and obviously, I mean they got some good players on that defense. They haven't been great at all this year, and I think it's it's you know, part of the conversation in Pittsburgh is they've spend one hundred and forty million dollars on that defense and they're still struggling to get stops. And you're right the point you made in Joe thank you for the phone call, the point you made about the guys that Joe Flacco is throwing to. I mean, he never had weapons like this in Cleveland, didn't have weapons like this in Denver, didn't have weapons like this in Indianapolis. I think back to that twenty fifteen season when he had Steve Smith and Tory Smith as wide receivers in Baltimore. That had to be like the next closest thing. And even then, that's that's not the same as what you got with Jamar Chase and T Higgins. Higgins and Chase combined for thirty three targets tonight. Thirty three of Joe Flacco's forty seven attempts went to Jamar Chase and T Higgins. That is unbelievable. Let's go to Covington and talk to Liam.
Speaker 8: What's up, Liam, I'll tell you what I am fired up, man. It's fun to watch fun football. I'm yes, fun, It's supposed to be fun. Yeah, I can't believe it having fun.
Speaker 7: And I took I.
Speaker 8: Took some kids in this game. This was their first NFL game ever.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 8: It's like, so I had to tell them when we kicked that settle for that field we I'm like, they're gonna score and they think it's over. They're like, oh, we want, we want. I'm like, no, be ready, and we're marching down. I'm thinking, Jeremy Hill, We're gonna fumble the ball. I'm like, I'm thinking every work Stase scenario. GJ what tripstack Joe Flacco interception after an awesome game?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then none of that happened.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it doesn't feel real.
Speaker 8: I couldn't even accept it, Like I almost wasn't even happy. At first, I'm like, no way, this shocked, but the joys finally thinking in an hour later and I'm just fired up.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 3: I love football, love I.
Speaker 2: Love football too. And that's the thing, Liam, Like I was, I was having that feeling as I'm leaning into the couch and I have that pit in my stomach of like, how is this gonna go wrong? And I had this brief moment of clarity of like, this is what is so beautiful and so great about being a sports fan. And if you're in the stadium, those moments are even better because you're just surrounded by sixty thousand people all feeling the same way you are. And now you got those kids hooked on football. You're out there spreading the gospel of football. Liam, great job, they have.
Speaker 8: A great night. Keep on the show off and show fam.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Liam. I appreciate that. Let's go to Loveland. Let's talk to Brent. Brent.
Speaker 10: What's up, Hey, how you doing, buddy.
Speaker 2: I'm fantastic. It's a victory Friday.
Speaker 7: Brent.
Speaker 10: Heck yeah, man, I tell you what. Look, you're right about Taylor. Like I've seen numerous times where we put this team for to bed and those guys, he's figured out ways to do it. Like we're all ready run him out of town one season after another. But they figure it out. And you know, you got the Steelers like spending all that money on defense, and the Singles spend all this money on offense. Like the thing that impressed me the most tonight and really the last couple weeks is the offensive line. Like it's so maligned, but they've been running the ball and they've been protecting the quarterback and you know they're they're making it happen. And this defense, also much maligned, just has not been able to make the stops when it matters in the last few weeks. You know, not enough last week. But they did tonight like they did tonight, and we got a new season on our hands. You know, we're back in it. We're back in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, you couldn't have said it better, Brent, and thank you for the phone call. You just gotta find a way. You gotta find a way to win, and that's what the Bengals did. And the defense has I think everybody agrees the defense has a long, long, long, long, long long long way to go. But they showed up tonight. They forced a couple of turnovers of Aaron Rodgers. They forced a punt which I still can't believe. Mike Tomlin punted on like fourth and four towards the middle of the field, down by a score. I still can't believe that he punted in that moment, but he did. And you mentioned the running game, and to me, it's the key that unlocks everything. How about this statistic. This is from Paul Dayner, Junior of the Athletic This is the Bengals yards per carry by game this year. Week one in Cleveland two yards per carry, Week two against Jacksonville two point eight, Week three two point five, Week four three point five, Week five five point three, Week six three point four, and tonight at one point it was up over ten yards per carry and it finished like that. You run it like that, you're gonna be fine. Really, if you run it more than three and a half yards per carry every time, you're gonna be just fine. And that's what the Bengals have got to be aiming for, because when you have even the slightest threat of a run, it forces the defense to step up, It forces them to bring guys up in the box, It forces more man coverage, it forces more blitz, It plays into the hands of your playmakers on the outside. Even the slightest threat of a run opens up the entire offense. And I thought Zach Taylor did a masterful job of balancing that tonight. RPOs, quick game, quick slants, the mesh concept at the end of the game that left Jamar Chase and Jamar Chase wide open, nobody near him got them into Pittsburgh Steeler territory. What I've seen also more from Zach more motions, more bunch formations, things that cause havoc for the defense and can create separation, huge, huge in getting the offense going. In A tip of the cap to Zach Taylor for that. Let's go to Middletown. Let's talk to Bobby. What's up, Bobby?
Speaker 4: Hey, are you?
Speaker 2: I'm fantastic man.
Speaker 11: So I think there were two takeaways from the game. Chase Brown in the first couple drives had that terrible drop, you know, probably would have had a fifteen to twenty yard game, but he bounced back after that quite amazing. And then I think another underrated thing was on the third and eighteen. Maybe at the time it didn't seemed like it was the right thing to run the ball, but it turns out it made him waste of time out and ended up you know, saving that because Aaron Rodgers. You don't want him on last drive with the time out giving him a little bit of clock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just.
Speaker 11: Joe Flack goat.
Speaker 2: Bobby, thank you. Yes, we're all whacko for Flacoh, Joe Flack goat. When I was in Green Bay last weekend, they were saying go flat Co instead of go pack go. I mean, yeah, you brought up a good point. I kind of entirely forgot about all the drops Jamar. Chase was targeted twenty three times tonight. I think he had like three drops and he had one that I don't know if it counts as a drop, but it was a one handed effort that it's not out of the realm of possibility for Jamar to make that play like we've seen him do that before. There was one that hit him right in the hands that nobody could believe that he dropped, so even you know, listen to the postgame show Dave Lapham talking to Chase Brown afterwards, and Chase Brown was like, I feel like we left so much out there. We left so many plays out there that we went back, and I thought that was a good point from him. Also, speaking of the drops, andre Yoshivash had another one and then he you know, catches a small pass and you know, it's a bit of a Bronx cheer from the Bengals crowd. And then later on in the game, third quarter, big moment on a third down, andre Yoshivas thirty nine yard reception. Again on a beautiful play design using Jamar Chase and t Higgins to draw the defense. Andre Yoshivas gets a mismatch down the middle of the field and Joe Flacco hits it. That stuff right there is when you're in a rhythm and you're in that flow state as a play caller and you're going with that stuff. Like Zach Taylor was, let's go to Matt in Springfield. What's up, Matt, Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 7: Man? How you do?
Speaker 2: I'm fired up? Dude. I don't know about you, but I'm fired up.
Speaker 7: I am at a good feeling.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: Even earlier day, I was like, man, Bengals are gonna win this tonight. Man, their backs against the wall. And I mean Joe Slacker looked really good against the Packers in that second half, you know, so, I mean, think about it, he was there for five days and hopefully get in the second half of that Packers money.
Speaker 2: Come on, really, I mean yeah, like the first half against the Packers, it looked like a dude who'd been there for a couple of days. And there was a couple, you know, like get your feet wet drives in this game. But outside of those, I guess maybe six five six total drives, the Bengals have gotten points on almost every other drive.
Speaker 7: You know what's crazy, too, is the office looks a lot better under center too. You know, instead of always being a shotgun, the way they were under center tonight a lot was I mean, it was a breath of you know, fresh air. It opened up the run lanes so much more. I mean, Joe Burrow's gonna have to do that when he gets back. It can't always be shotgun. Sure, that's why Joe Burrow's getting hit. The way is Look how good the line blocked tonight when you were under center. I mean, it takes a lot of pressure off of the line, you know, I mean, it really does. So that's what they're going to start doing because the run game open up to night and when you have the run game working, everything else works hand in hand. And yeah, that game Flaco sewing for almost four hundred yards. I mean, that was a fun game.
Speaker 2: The Unk bow Man, the Huns ball man. It was so much fun. It was like a track meet between those two old dudes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was. It was definitely fun. And yeah, man, I'm happy to see Cam Pitt at brick Get bench. Maybe he might come back and it might let a fire under him because I mean, he was not playing like that, you know, last year. I mean that something's going on in his head. So hopefully this bench in might you know, reading not a fire. But DJ Turner he's becoming a star. Dude is becoming a star. But good stuff, man, I'm feeling pretty good. We could be five or four going into the bye weeks. Everything works out. Let's not lay no egg against the Jets or.
Speaker 2: The finger works works for me, Matt, thank you, yeah, thank you. Yeah. There's so much to get to between now and two thirty. I'm late for the news. We got to get the news in but this we still got an hour and a half to go. Don't leave now. It's victory Friday right here on the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk Show on ESPN fifteen thirty and seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: This is the Tri State Chevy Dealer's post Game Sports Talk presented by R and L Carriers. Postgame Sports Talk is brought to you in part by Pello Windows and Door making life brighter. Hella Now pay Later Carrier and your local carrier dealers turn to the experts Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tove Sheldon five one three five one three top h Postman law injured called eight four to four Postman Others promise Postman delivers R and L Carry Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider and by your Tri State Chevy Dealers the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for nine straight years. And now postgames Sports Talk.
Speaker 2: Hi, Hello and welcome in Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk Show here on seven hundred WLW and ESPN fifteen thirty. I a Austin Elmore with you until two thirty this morning. On a victory Friday, following a Bengals thirty three thirty one victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers. The key to success as far as I'm concerned, tonight was the run game for the Bengals. Chase Brown eleven carries for one hundred and eight yards. He finally goes over one hundred yards on a game this season. Samajp Rynd had seven carries for thirty one yards. Joe Flacco ran at five times for three yards, including a little scamper. Flacco had a little scamper that we haven't seen since the likes of Ryan Finley around here. I mean, the place went absolutely bonkers when Joe Flacco late in the game on a It was like second and long if I want to say second and ten and Joe Flaco just keeps it on a zone read and runs for the first down. Take a listen. This is what it sounded like with Dan Horde and Dave Lapham when Joe Flacco tucked it and ran it himself.
Speaker 12: Flaco in the gun, two receivers out to either side. It's a handoff, no Flaco running with the ball, then he'll run for a first down. What a call by Zach Taylor as he has a forty year old quarterback who.
Speaker 2: Is not fast at all.
Speaker 12: Take a handoff and keep it on a zone read for a twelve yard The.
Speaker 13: Red Sea parted for him. I mean they bit on that run fake. Mike Tomlin's not happy about it. They bit hard on that run fake. Everybody did. I'll tell you what. High Smith Who high Smith? He came down the line of scrimmage. He was gonna tackle p Ryn for a loss. He was all pumped up. Flacco takes it up the field.
Speaker 2: Facial shades of Ryan Finley against the Pittsburgh Steelers on a Monday Night a few years ago. That was incredible, and Joe Flacco postgame talking with the Thursday Night Football crew from Amazon Prime, basically said that wasn't what was supposed to happen, Like there was another play called and there was a miscommunication on where this guy was at and the lineup and the play clock was running down, and I just said, oh screw it, I'll just do it. And he saw the way Alex HeiG Smith crashed down the line of scrimmage, just pulled it and ran. I mean, that is incredible for a forty plus year old quarterback to tuck it and run like that. That was awesome. And that play call, that drive I thought was a really important drive in this game because Zach Taylor didn't change who he had been all night long. He was incredibly aggressive in that moment. So it was the Bengals ninth drive of the game and Mike Tomlin had just punted it back, and I'm thinking to myself, Okay, you have a chance with the lead here to go put this away, go win the game on offense. And you're also trying to like run the clock down a little bit, and you know, Milk, it as like a four minute offense type of situation. And to Zach's credit, he didn't just run the ball three times in punt. He put the ball in the hands of Joe Flacco. He trusted him to get the ball in the hands of Jamar Chase. That was the deep ball down the sideline to Chase that he got one paw on it and wasn't able to bring it in. Then it was the Flacco tuck and run that a couple of run plays did work. Another incompletion. I think this was when he got sacked on that drive as well, and it was third and eighteen. They handed the ball off, tried to drain some more clock, and then punted it back to the Steelers. That was the moment, That was the sequence I circled as Okay, they had a chance to win the game on offense, but they didn't and they punted the ball back. But I appreciated how Zach Taylor remained aggressive and then even later on another opportunity, Zach remained aggressive, kept throwing the ball to Jamar Chase and t Higgins. I think Zach deserves a lot of credit for his game plan tonight. And listen, I've been if you listen to my show down the Hall on Sincy three to sixty on ESPN fifteen thirty, if you listened to that, and if you follow me on Twitter, a couple of weeks ago, Zach Taylor lost me. I have long been a Zach Taylor apologist. I have believed in Zach Taylor. A couple of weeks ago he lost me, and I still think he has a long way to go to earn me back. But tonight was a good step in the right direction. Tonight was a really, really good performance from the Bengals head coach. Phone lines are open at five, one, three, seven, nine, fifteen thirty. Before we get to the phone lines, let me remind you that postgame sports talk is brought to you in part by M and P Logistics. From first down to the final mile, M and P delivers, you can depend on it. Let's go to Scott on his way back to Greenville from being at the game tonight.
Speaker 14: Scott, what's up, Hey, I just want to talk about the fact that Joe Flacco and his I don't know what five six out routes to Jamar Chase.
Speaker 15: They could not stop it.
Speaker 16: It was amazing.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I've never seen anything like that. He was unstoppable. I would agree with you, Austin. You know Zach, Zach called a gutsy, gutsy game finally for once in his life. We haven't seen that in a really, really long time. It doesn't matter what Joe was out there.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 15: I was really proud to uh to see uh Joe just beat Joe and and just keeps from it to Chase. I mean, they couldn't stop it. It was it was amazing. I don't how many games dealers being those games I've been to and and we've been let down, and uh, much like you, I was biting my nails hold on the seats for the little life of me and thinking that this is this is not gonna end well, but they just kept going back to that same route and it was. It was amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really was. To have that type of chemistry and that type of timing between two guys that have known each other for ten days, that's incredible. It is.
Speaker 15: It really is a testament to two professionals. Yeah, and I I think you just you have to part away. I think Taylor Solid, you have to you have to admit to that tailor saw that they had, like the professional chemistry it was. It was already obviously already spoken last week about about that.
Speaker 2: What was it was there?
Speaker 7: Well, they appreciate each other.
Speaker 2: Take me inside pay Course Stadium tonight. What was the energy like in there?
Speaker 15: Uh? The energy was we were all over the place, right, I mean, I mean it's the squealers. Who who wants who doesn't want to see the squeelers lose? It was? It was, it was electric, but it was there was very Uh it was nerve wracking at the end when we're down by down by a field goal and uh more or of us and uh we just thought this is this is you know, this is Aaron Rodgers, this is Uh, this is what the squeelers do. And we've we've had many times we've seen this gone down. And now you throw in, uh, you know, Lord helmet to get Aaron Rodgers in the mix.
Speaker 2: And uh, you know, did you call him Lord helmet? Is that what you called him?
Speaker 15: Yeah, Lord helmet. We keep the Lord helmet and uh, you know, the good forces of of you know, the sport defeated Lord Helmet. And I'm really happy that we feed the Lord.
Speaker 2: That is unbelievable. Scott, Thank you for the phone call. Safe travels man with you. Aaron Rodgers was not happy, apparently before the season because the helmet that he's worn for years has finally been It failed the inspection tests in the standards for NFL helmets and so he had to get a new one. And it does look like he's wearing something out of a superhero movie. Makes his helmet does his noggin look pretty big? All right, let's go out to la Let's talk to Brian. What's up, Brian?
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 12: Body?
Speaker 5: You fired up or what?
Speaker 3: Buddy?
Speaker 2: Dude, I'm juiced. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight. To be honest with you, I'm fired.
Speaker 5: Up, absolutely jacked up. Okay, first of all, I would be lying to you hand up when we When I heard we got black O, I was devastated. I thought our season was absolutely over. We were putting a statue back there. We were gonna be screwed. And I am eating my words as we speak.
Speaker 2: What does all this say about Jake Browning?
Speaker 5: Oh, I was so okay. So I was at the bowling it was bowling night tonight, and that's the first thing that I said was, Man, Jake Browning must feel horrible because this makes him look we at first when he was when he was anointed to take over after Joe got injured, we said, Jake Browning is the top thirty two quarterback in the league.
Speaker 2: Sure he was.
Speaker 5: Absolutely did not play like it, didn't even play like a top sixty quarterback in the league. Was absolutely horrible. I feel like he also made our O line look even worse than it is and poor on those guys, I mean they're not good whatsoever, but he made them look so bad. And the fact that a forty something year old Flaco can come in and dice up they're not the steel curtains, but dyce up the Pittsburgh Steelers is absolutely wild and gets my blood blowing.
Speaker 2: Buddy, what kind of blood was flowing when you saw Joe Flacco take off running.
Speaker 5: Well, it was a lot of baka red bulls was flowing. But when he ran the naked it was like shout out to little giants that annexation of Puerto Rico or the fumble Rouski. It looked like nobody on the planet knew what the hell was going on and they just stood there and just in all this guy was I'm pretty sure that he was running in slow motion and was still able to pick up twelve yards wild. That that fired me up. I was so happy. Often you're a boss man. I support you the whole time. I'm a huge Sincy three sixty fan. I'm so happy that you know you get to take over. You're doing a great job. We do miss Tony, but you're killing him, brothers. So I appreciate you all the way off from La, I listen to you guys are morning.
Speaker 2: That's very kind, Brian. I do appreciate that a lot. Thank you, man, thanks for calling in.
Speaker 5: Of course, have a good day hooday.
Speaker 2: Indeed, that is Brian out in La. We still got phone calls to get to. We've got John, We've got Allen, We've got Josh, We've got others all coming up next. This is the Tri State Chevy Dealer's postgame sports talk show on a victory Monday on ESPN fifteen thirty and seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: Flaco in the gun chase, one of three receivers out to the right, Placo is reading catches the shotgun snap Blitz coming. Blaco throws a fade and it is called punning inside the ten and going into a slide his t Higgins. That's brilliant, Patty run into the end zone. It would have been a touchdown. We all would have been excited, but it would have left plenty of time for Rogers to answer. By going down, he forces the Steelers to call another time out.
Speaker 2: Brilliant That was the word used by both Dan Hord and Al Michaels in that brilliant moment when t. Higgins caught that deep pass and slid down to drain the clock. And that is our delivery of the game, brought to you by RNL Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make RNL Carriers your global transportation provider Flacco to Higgins twenty eight yards and a slide. Let's go back to the phones. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand is the phone number. We go out to the West Side now to an establishment called Lenny's where I'm told Mike and hundreds of others have flooded it after the big Bengals win over the Pittsburgh Steelers. Mike from Lennies, You're on postgame sports talk. What's going on? Hey, Austin, who day to you? Indeed, what's the vibes like over there on the west side?
Speaker 3: The West Side That Lenny's is pretty strong right now from the time that, uh, throughout the game and instance the game ended. So it's been pretty good.
Speaker 2: But what was what was the atmosphere like at the Paid Course Stadium for you tonight?
Speaker 3: Uh, the atmosphere was, Uh, it was very similar to We made comments in the stand like the the playoff games, and uh, you know, the crowd was in it and uh, you know a lot of Bengo fans. I mean you could see not many Steeler fans there and everybody was extremely excited.
Speaker 2: I was going to say on TV they talked about how there's far fewer Steeler fans there than you normally see. That's a good thing.
Speaker 3: Uh, yeah, it's it's a great thing. We didn't have to see the tows and a lot of white and it was great to see.
Speaker 16: Uh you know.
Speaker 3: One of things I was gonna say, uh, you know, I know, uh you know, you've been a little uh you know, questioning Zach. I thought it was great. I thought it was great that Zach was uh, you know, aggressive throughout the game and just you're to try to win the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm right there with you. It was aggressive from start to finish. Mike, it sounds like you're having a good time. I'm gonna let you go.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, no, what on one quick question? How do you think this does for the trade deadline?
Speaker 2: I don't think it does anything. I don't think the Bengals, I don't think it moved the needle for them. But they should be going after somebody on defense, uh safety, that'd be nice, maybe another pass rusher. Because Aaron Rodgers had all day he was he was making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches back there all night.
Speaker 3: He had a lot of time. But it was it was great to see the team come up and uh, you know, make the place when they had to. So whode Austin, and thanks for everything you're doing.
Speaker 2: Who he Mike, thanks for the phone call your body. Oh. I love the good people at Lenny's. I love the good people at Lenny's. That made my day. Let's go from the West Side down to the a town Atlanta where Josh is standing by in Georgia. What's up, Josh?
Speaker 16: Oh great Austin.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: You fired up?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 16: I am absolutely fired up. I mean we've been we've been a group for sixteen years.
Speaker 3: We have.
Speaker 16: Man, when when we're in the Super Bowl, we had six hundred Bengals fans in the group and to have watched this game with only about fifteen to twenty people and watch us pull us out, Holy moly.
Speaker 2: What do you guys go to? You have like a bar there, like a Bengal specific bar in Atlanta? You go to?
Speaker 16: We do, and actually we are on the Bengals site as the official Bengals bar of Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, wonderful. Well that's that's exciting.
Speaker 16: We appreciate the Bengals as highlighting us as their bar. Yeah for Atlanta. I've been doing this for eleven years now, So we do appreciate support from the Bengals and putting us on their website as noting noting us as the bar in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, man. Well, uh who Day to you a victory Friday?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 16: Enjoy it absolutely. I mean it's been a freak. It was a freaking fun game to watch, Yes, Kent, but we we pulled it out.
Speaker 2: Yes we did. Josh, thank you for the phone call. It's starting to make me a little nervous. Here are people calling in from establishments across the country. Let's go to Cedarville and talk to John. John. What's up.
Speaker 17: Hey, Austin.
Speaker 2: Hey, Man, call will be recorded.
Speaker 17: Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm good man.
Speaker 7: Hey.
Speaker 17: Last game, I commented about Joe Flacco getting the taste of the weapons he had there.
Speaker 7: At his leisure.
Speaker 17: Uh huh, tonight, I think we've got to taste of Joe Flacco. And I want to say right now that who Day cream sure does taste sweet.
Speaker 2: That the Whoday cream sure does taste sweet. Is that what you just said?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 18: I did.
Speaker 2: I can't. I don't think i've ever heard that one.
Speaker 3: John, Well, you know what.
Speaker 17: Victory we've been lating on it. Yeah that, yeah, I wonder comment on the defense. Okay, I don't know how many games in a row the opposing team's first possession they go down and they score. I'm curious to know was there any Did I call any blitzes?
Speaker 2: You know, it didn't seem like it didn't seem like he called a lot. I don't know for sure. We have to double check the stats in the morning, but it seemed like there were very few blitzes called. Uh, And I thought that that that has to change, because they just weren't getting any semblance of pressure on Rogers at all.
Speaker 17: Well, you had your you have your defensive down line then giving you a hundred percent and uh, if they need a little bit of help, I'm sure you can find a safety or a corner or some a linebacker someone just to you know, add that extra Uh. Sure, Russia, you get the line of scrimmage, you know, and you got behind the line of scrimmage, and you got beyond the line of scrimmage. Well, you don't want that offense to penetrate beyond the line of scrimmage. If you hold them for three downs, they kick the ball. Or if you don't get a turnover, humble or interception or whatnot. I mean, you got to help those down linemen sometimes, especially when you know they're giving you one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you, John, And thank you for the phone call. I appreciate it. Yeah, I think it goes without saying. I mean, you're happy that they won. Everybody's happy that they won. But getting pressure on the quarterback is a major issue. And without Trey Hendrickson it's even it's an even bigger issue. And if he were to miss time, if this back injury or this hip injury nags and he's not able to play, I mean, they're in major trouble. I mean, it's just in Pittsburgh doesn't have a very good offensive line coming into this game. They did not have a good offensive line, and the Bengals really did nothing to pressure them at all. We'll take a break, We'll come back. This is the Tri State Chevin Dealers postgame sports talk show on ESPN fifteen thirty and seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: They play here, third down in five, the Bengals at their own thirty eight o'clock running two thirty five left third quarter, Cincinnati nursing at three point lead, twenty to seventeen. Blacko from the shotgun looking throwing deep down in the middle of the field.
Speaker 2: Yo c Bosh with the catch.
Speaker 12: Beautiful throw by Flacco. Yos beating Darius Slay and he's tackled at the Pittsburgh twenty two. How about thirty nine yards on thirty five man.
Speaker 2: That What a throw by Flacco.
Speaker 13: Yosi Vash is to the left side of the formation. He's slot receiver inside of Jamar Chase just runs a post down the middle of the football field. Joe Flaccoll puts it on him.
Speaker 2: What a throw. Unbelievable accuracy. That was the call. Joe Flacco with a thirty nine yard completion to Andre Yosi Vash, who got involved in the action after a rough couple of games for Yoshi. He comes up big and the Bengals offense comes up big in a thirty three thirty one victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers. Let's quickly look at the receiving numbers for tonight. Jamar cha sixteen catches for one hundred and sixty one yards and a touchdown along eighteen He was targeted twenty three times. Twenty three times. Jamar Chase was targeted. T Higgins had six catches for ninety six yards and a touchdown. He was targeted ten times. Yoshi three catches forty nine yards and four targets. Noah Fan four catches forty four yards. He caught all four of his targets, including a twenty five yarder. They got the Bengals deep into Pittsburgh territory. Chase Brown had two catches for minus eight yards. Blew up a couple of spring screenplays did the Pittsburgh Steelers, and as a whole, thirty one receptions for three hundred and four two yards and three touchdowns were the Bengals wide receivers. Let's go back to the phones five three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand getting your reaction to the Bengals victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers. Let's go out to Batavia and talk to Alan Allen. What's up, Alan, Alan? Are you there?
Speaker 19: He can hear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're on the air. What's up?
Speaker 18: Oh wow, man, I'm sorry, I let's fall asleep. Hey sorry man. But first off, I want to say Liam, who caught earlier about bringing bringing the kids to the game, that was awesome. Yeah, you know, I got to experience that when I was younger. The other thing I want to say is last week Yoshi Vash really was a disappointment and I'm a huge, huge fan of his, and I don't want to say tonight he he came back and made it better. He still got a ways to go in my book, but good catch on his part, and hope he keeps on going. So and loves for go Yoshi Vash and thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Alan, go get some sleep, man, Thank you for the call. And yeah, Yoshi still has a long way to go. I was ready to start calling for Mitchell Tinsley to maybe get a few of those snaps. And Yoshi had another drop a pass that certainly is catchable by his standards earlier tonight on a third and eleven that stalled out a Bengals drive that they ended up having to punt. And you know, I think making a few big catches. He had a six yard catch, he had that long thirty nine yard catch. I mean that sort of stuff right there that can give you some confidence, and it can instill some confidence in Joe Flacco. It can really help that relationship and get Yoshi back on track. And so you know, a little bit goes a long way, especially for wide receivers. You just start feeding them, start feeding them, and the next thing you know, they're right back to being their productive self. And I think Jamar is a great example of that. So go out to coved Dale. Let's talk to Mike. What's up? Mike?
Speaker 6: Hey, Awdie, how you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm good man, what's on your mind?
Speaker 6: So I went to the game tonight.
Speaker 20: Yeah, and.
Speaker 6: My voice is still recovering. But oh my gosh, what a game. It seems like every time that the on offense call, heyke, all right, where's Jamar? And every time that he threw, every time the Flaco threw the ball, there's Jamar right there. I don't, I don't. I am just overjoyed.
Speaker 2: It's amazing how it can seem so simple and yet he just it seems like he's uncoverable. Like I'm ready to say, I think he's the best wide receiver in the history of the Bengals franchise. And that's saying a lot, like there's some really great ones, but I've never seen a receiver consistently win the way he wins body control, hand control, strength, yards after the catch, and being able to do it in such a myriad of different roles. He's moving around all over the place. Sometimes in the backfield, he's in the slot, he's in most and he's outside. Like I've never seen a player like Jamar Chase. He's so oh good, Oldy.
Speaker 6: I just want to say, I appreciate you and Uh in the role that you're doing tonight. And it's it's late night. I've had some pops.
Speaker 16: I'm a big.
Speaker 6: Fan of the since he since he three sixty r I p Tony.
Speaker 2: Uh, he's still He's still alive. He's still alive.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm happy to hear.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 6: Hopefully we'll see on the Bearcats broadcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it seems there. Seems like he's going to be there.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Do we know that that's his job?
Speaker 2: I believe. I saw Scott Springer report that he's going to be doing Bearcat games for the rest of the year. I believe so. I mean, I don't know that for sure. I haven't talked to Tony about that directly, but I would assume that that's going to happen.
Speaker 6: Well, I'll tell you, you and Tony get me through every single day, and it was it's it's Uh, I've been nervous to call into that daily show. And I'm cheers to you tonight. Thanks for having me on, Mike.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the phone call. I appreciate the kind words man, and for always listening and who day to you. Indeed I appreciate that. Yeah, man, it's uh, it's difficult, but thank god we have football. Let's go out to the west side. Let's talk to John. John is here, Hi.
Speaker 3: John, Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 20: Man?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 2: Just out here getting it done, sitting in the dark room talking about football. What about you?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 19: It was a lot of fun in the jungle tonight, man, a lot of fun, great atmosphere.
Speaker 6: Shout out to the Steelers.
Speaker 19: Fans that there wasn't many of them.
Speaker 6: They were really cordial.
Speaker 16: I think it's because they're.
Speaker 19: Probably our neighbors, probably our friends.
Speaker 6: Good crowd, great time.
Speaker 19: I just have one one comment on any that didn't want to pay Jamar Chase and t Higgins like they are going to be quiet tomorrow or they're just going to celebrate and act like they didn't say it. Because those dudes are special, I mean so special. Really gets you excited for when joe when Joey B Does come back. But Flacco's great man was up in Green Bay last week. A lot more fun tonight, and yeah, keep it going man, big fan.
Speaker 2: And today, well John Houdai, thank you. I appreciate that. And yeah, I know it's funny the Bengals, you know, go through this stretch where they lose a few games and Joe Burrow gets hurt and all of a sudden people are saying, oh, well, the Bengals never should have paid t Higgins. They never should have done that the way that they did. That's not necessarily the case. The Bengals should have done a lot better job drafting and developing offensive lineman. They should have spent more money because they had plenty of money in the offseason to be able to to spend up to the cap more than they did. And maybe, just maybe their offensive line coach hasn't worked out the way that they expected him to. But to act as if you can't have those two dudes on the team, I mean, they are as good as anybody in the NFL. And that is a hell of a one to two punch that you can scheme so many different things off of. And while the offense a lot of times this year has been broken and a lot of that has to do with quarterback play and offensive line play. You can't ignore the mismatches that those dudes create. I mean the Steelers, for example, they went out and signed Darius Slay and Jalen Ramsey and Juan thorn Thornhill and Deshaun Elliott. They spend one hundred and thirty nine million dollars on that defense for the sole purpose of facing Jamar Chase and t Higgins twice a year. Baltimore did something similar. Cleveland did a really good job of this with the type of corn that they acquired. Now they just traded one in Greg Newsom to the Jacksonville Jaguars, but they did a really good job of building that defense against the Bengals. Baltimore, it hasn't worked out, but they took a safety in Malachi Starks with the first pick in the draft. Their first pick in the draft, they signed jy R. Alexander in the offseason, like teams build to try to beat the Bengals, to prepare for the Bengals because of that's that's how good those two guys are. And ideally it's supposed to have a trickle down effect to the run game. And that's what's supposed to make the offense work. And let's not forget how good this offense was a year ago with Jamar Chase and t Higgins and Joe Burrow, Like that's what it's supposed to look like. Tonight we are reminded of just how good those dudes are and what that offense is supposed to look like. We'll take a break, We'll come back. More phone calls five point three, seven four, nine, seven thousand. We have a lot to get to still. This is the Tri State Chevy Dealers post game sports talk show on seven hundred WLW and ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 12: Darnell Washington motions two big blockers on the right side for Pittsburgh. My action faked by Rogers looking to throw it deep, launches it high and deep edit is stepped off foot Bengals intercepting Jordan Battle on his feet and running it back. He's at the forty middle of the field of the forty five the fifty the forty five of Pittsburgh and tackled at the forty.
Speaker 2: Four yard line.
Speaker 12: Howe Jordan Battle with his third interception of the year.
Speaker 2: Man Dan Horde and Dave Lapham on the call as Jordan Battle picked off Aaron Rodgers one of two interceptions for the Bengals secondary Let's check on Cincinnati's defensive secondary coverage. Brought to you by Coversinc dot com, local health insurance experts for over twenty years. Two interceptions, one you just heard from Jordon Battle, the other on a great play fighting the ball away from DK Metcalf that DJ Turner made. DJ Turner has been awesome for the last month or so. He was awesome again tonight and did a great great job of shutting down at times DK Metcalf and he leads the league. DJ Turner leads the league in passes defensed, believe it or not. Other Bengals with the pass defense outside of Battle and Turner, well, Geno Stone, believe it or not, had one. He doesn't usually find himself anywhere near the football. Logan Wilson had a great play diving to his left and breaking up a pass and DJ Ivy at the very end that hail Mary by Aaron Rodgers, he batted that to the ground. That is the defensive secondary coverage report brought to you by coversince he dot com cover since he has you covered with affordable health insurance plans for over twenty years. A developing story in the Bengals secondary is what happened prior to the game tonight. Cam Taylor Britt was a healthy scratch. He was benched. He did not play, He was not active. He was on the sidelines, big chain around his neck, big bright orange sunglasses, and apparently he was out of the locker room relatively quickly. Did not stick around to celebrate much with his teammates after the game. Cam Taylor Britt certainly going through something right now and not performing well by any stretch of the imagination, and the Bengals have seen enough not even giving him a shot, which is kind of amazing. But that's our secondary coverage. Let's go back to the phones. Let's go to Jeff in Owenton.
Speaker 9: What's up, Jeff, Hey, it was actually really a whole lot of fun to watch forty year old Joe Flacco hands real weapons which he's never had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean it's really never been that that good of a group of guys around him in his entire career.
Speaker 9: Yeah, not even close. I mean when they won the Super Bowl, he didn't have anything like weapons like that, and he didn't. He didn't have an O line is as good as the Bengals O line, which is terrible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he didn't even have that then.
Speaker 9: So he's been through it, and I hope he can convey a few things he's learned over the years to it or other Joe, because Joe tries to make things happen when there's nothing there and that's why he spends so many games in the eye. Yeah, No, you got to learn when to chuck the ball away.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think he can be a little bit better at that. But also I don't want to take away from what makes Joe Burrow great. I mean, what he did last year single handedly keeping this franchise afloat was a lot of because you know, he was out there making plays happen.
Speaker 9: You got to balance it. You got to balance it where he's getting hurt every season. That's been pretty tough to watch. Yeah, I'd like to the Bengals call in maybe another outside group to draft for them, because they're totally I've drafted right before they do, and nine of the last eleven years, my players that I drafted have ended up better than the players they draft. That shouldn't happen. That should never happen. There shouldn't be fans out drafting them. They have a lot more resources than I have. Yeah, so that's very annoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hear you, Jeff, And it's a huge part of the the questions of this franchise moving forward, and thank you for the phone calls, is they have to be better at drafting. They just absolutely have to be. Uh. What we're not gonna do is create this narrative that Joe Flacco and Joe Burrow and you know, Joe Burrow is part of the problem that that is complete bs and I know that we're gonna have clowns like Bill Cunningham. We're gonna come on this show or come on the station in a few hours and talk about how there's a quarterback controversy and Joe Flacco's better than Joe Burrow and blah blah blah blah blah. We're not gonna be doing that. If you know anything about football, you know that Joe Flacco played great tonight. Joe Flacco's had a really good career. Joe Flacco can't carry Joe Burrow's jockstrap. We know that, all right, not even close? Are there things Burrow could be better at Yes, that was a freak injury. What happened to his wrist, it was a freak injury. What happened to his toe? Those have nothing to do with him trying to escape the pocket. The Bengals, for the most part, bear the responsibility of what's happened to Joe Burrow. They started a guy named Michael Jordan, who was awful. That was blown up so bad in Washington his rookie year, Joe Burrow had have every ligament in his knee rearranged. That's not his fault. Those major injuries, those freak injuries, really are not his fault. Now, the calf injury, okay, the appendicitis that happens to people all the time. It's honestly been bad luck more than anything else. Let's go to William and Lexington. What's up William?
Speaker 6: Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 21: Thanks for making my calling.
Speaker 15: Good Good.
Speaker 21: I'm on the way back to Lexington. Actually I'm I'm staying safe, but seventy five south. I'll try to be brief. But I decided to buy tickets today while I was at work. Uh, just just like this afternoon, and I met a friend that lives in downtown Cincy that I went to college with. I ended up driving directly from work to the game, and I wore my suits to the game unintentionally, but I just the atmosphere was amazing, Like I just couldn't Like I thought the Bengals.
Speaker 16: Are gonna win.
Speaker 21: I will admit I had some money on them, but that's neither here nor there. But like, if you're I'll put it this way. I'm kind of a bandwagoner. I'm from Western Kentucky, but I like the Bengals, and especially since Burrel's been around, they're so fun to watch. But man, if you're a lifelong Bengals fan, you got to love what you got right now. Like you have a fighting chance to win the division.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's all you can ask for. Two and zero in the AFC North. You still play the Browns again in week eighteen, and who knows is gonna be starting quarterback for them that day. Baltimore does not look like a tough team right now. I mean the way that their defense is playing, like it's still right in front of you, like the path is there.
Speaker 21: Yeah, yeah, it's it's exciting. So I might I might mess around and come up for another game in no.
Speaker 2: Well, let me ask you, William, what about today made you just kind of get this you know this hair to to say let's go.
Speaker 21: Well, I should have said it earlier, but I started mister Joe Elite Placo on my fantasy team, and boy does that work out. Uh, But I just had a wild here about it. I was like, I don't like the Steelers, Like they're overrated, to be frank, I mean they're not. They're gonna probably make the playoffs, but like they're nothing to write home about, Like they're a beatable team. And the thing that impressed me about the Bengals tonight is they had they had the running game to offset a little bit to keep, yeah, to keep the Steelers off balance. So if they can keep that, like they got to improve the pass rush. But if they can, if they all turn the ball over and they're a little balanced, they can win games for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm right there with you, William. Thank you for the phone call. Safe travels back.
Speaker 21: Thank you, take care?
Speaker 2: Yeah that is uh. William went to the game in a suit. Nothing wrong with that, you scull of wild hair. Come down to the old pay Course stadium. I like that we started this segment talking about Jordan Battle and that interception of Aaron Rodgers. Well, that was also our Guilty Windows window of opportunity. Not often Aaron Rodgers has given you gifts. DJ Turner and Jordan Battle took advantage that deep ball throw that Battle intercepted. That's a terrible pass from Aaron Rodgers. I mean, that's just not up to his standard at all. But the Guilty Windows Window of Opportunity brought to you by Guilty Windows, the key to quality windows, that true rusting the pros Guilkey Windows. We'll take a break for the news. We'll come back half hour to go on postgame Sports Talk here on seven hundred WLW and on ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 1: This is the Tri State Chevy Dealer's Postgame Sports Talk, presented by R and L Carriers. Postgame Sports Talk is brought to you in part by Pellow Windows and Door Making life brighter, Pella Now pay Later Carrier and your local carrier dealers turn to the experts. Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tove Sheldon five one three five one three, toph Postman Law Injured call eight four to four Postman Others promise Postman delivers.
Speaker 2: R and L Carriers.
Speaker 1: Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider, and by your Tri State Chevy Dealers, the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for nine straight years, and now post Games Sports Talk.
Speaker 2: Hi, Hello, and welcome in to the final half hour the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk Show right here on seven hundred WLW and ESPN fifteen thirty. My name's Austin Hellmore. It's been such a blast the last hour and a half plus celebrating a Bengals victory victory Monday thirty three thirty one Cincinnati over the Pittsburgh Steelers. Tonight on Thursday Night Football, the Unk Bowl, the Icy Hot Bowl, A couple of forty year old quarterbacks with one hundred and ten thousand passing yards and seven hundred and seventy five passing touchdowns between the two of them getting together and putting up some big numbers in front of the nation Tonight on Thursday Night Football, Fun, fun, Bengals game and another primetime win over the Pittsburgh Steelers. For head coach Zach Taylor, we are going to go over a couple things including the drive of the game and the injury report. But before we do that, let's go to our friend dick In Dayton, who's been holding for a while. Hello, Richard, what's up.
Speaker 20: Well, Good morning, Austin, Good.
Speaker 2: Morning, Good morning do you Dick? When do you sleep?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 20: No, I was, uh, you know, and I just fell asleep, but I thought i'd call. I just was with my friends. But it's a good day, Austin. It's a good day. I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: Anytime you win, it's a good day. Dick.
Speaker 20: Oh, to beat them, yeah, I'm won, you know, over the years and stuff. You know, Austin, I like this packo and I had a feeling. Remember I told you yesterday about the game. Yeah, I thought they would. I was pretty close. I was closed.
Speaker 2: You said twenty four twenty seven to twenty four is what you said.
Speaker 20: That's what I said.
Speaker 8: Good time?
Speaker 20: Yeah, Oh, Austin, I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: What do you think? As Are the Steelers the team that you hate the most? Dick?
Speaker 20: Yes, yes, well yeah, I remember when I was in college. I know the Mangos pulled off one I think it was in nineteen seventy nine. They were like and I remember Kenny Anderson beat them, but they never had much luck. But to beat the Steelers is an accomplishment for Zach Taylor, and on a national TV audience often, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, always is that those winds are a little bit sweeter, I think.
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: But where did you go to Where did you go to college? Dick?
Speaker 20: Where did I go to college?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Where where did town?
Speaker 20: Dayton?
Speaker 3: Miami?
Speaker 20: Jacobs?
Speaker 2: Oh nice? Okay, all right, yeah I went there?
Speaker 20: And I have you heard of Saint Claire? I took some classes there and you know, history and music, you.
Speaker 2: Know, wonderful. Well, I didn't know that. I learned something about you today, Dick.
Speaker 20: Well, hey, did Dave called? Dave from Dayton?
Speaker 15: Is he called?
Speaker 2: He hadn't called in tonight?
Speaker 20: No, Oh, I haven't seen him for a while. But that day when he came, it was I was such a pleasure to meet you guys. You know, what a beautiful state, what a beautiful studio. Yeah, maybe I'll see you again, Okay, yeah, all.
Speaker 2: Right, we'll talk to you again soon, Dick. Thank you. Yeah, that is Dick from Dayton. Always loved talking to Dick Man. He's uh, he's something else. All right, let's highlight the drive of the game brought to you by the BMW Store. There are over three hundred and fifty BMW centers in the United States, but there's only one store, the BMW Store where Passion Loves Company. Now there's several drives that you could choose from, but for me, the most important was the first drive out of halftime for the Bengals. So they get the touchdown drive, they finally find their rhythm and they score to make it ten to seven. They're trailing Pittsburgh by three. Then first play of the drive was that Jordan Battle interception we talked about earlier. Bengals turned that into a touchdown in three plays and take the lead fourteen to ten. Then they get another interception from Aaron Rodgers and have the ball right before halftime. They turn that into a field goal, So all of a sudden, the Bengals go from down ten to nothing to up seventeen to ten, and they get the ball coming out of halftime. So to me, immediately, the most important drive of the game, no matter what happens, was going to be get points in that opening drive in the second half, make it a two possession game and force Pittsburgh to chase you for the entire second half. And that's what they did. The Bengals came out and put together a fourteen play, sixty three yard, seven minute and five second drive. Now they didn't score a touchdown. It ended in a field goal by Evan McPherson, but that made the score twenty to ten, up to possessions and showed half the clock off of the third quarter. That to me is such a critical drive by this team. Started off with a five yard reception by Jamar Chase, then a three yard reception by Jamar Chase. On third and two, it was a five yard run by Samaj p Ryan, followed up by a seven yard run by Chase Brown, then a sixteen yard reception by Jamar Chase, then a fourteen yard reception by Jamar Chase, a three yard run by Chase Brown. Flacco then threw an incompletion, then a six yard pass to Andre Jose Vash and then on fourth and one, fourth and one, Joe Flacco quarterback Sneak gets the two yards, then another two yards from samajp Ryan incompletion, incompletion field goal. But the Bengals were up to ten after taking advantage of two interceptions that they turned into touchdowns, taking advantage of what we call the middle eight, those four minutes before halftime, in the four minutes out of halftime and getting points and making things difficult on the Pittsburgh Steelers. That to me is the drive of the game. Brought to you by the BMW Store. They're over three hundred and fifty BMW centers in the US, but there's only one store. Finally, let's review today's Postman Law injury report, brought to you by Postman Law. Injured Call eight four to four Postman. Well, the big news prior to the game was that Trey Hendrickson not able to go. Hendrickson had an MRI. He's dealing with hip and back injuries. Ian Rapaport of NFL Network reported that the MRI came back mostly clean, but it was just too quick of a turnaround with the soreness and the pain that Trey Hendrickson was dealing with, and they're hoping that the many buy will give him enough time to be ready to go again. The New York Jets in the game tonight, there was really only one moment where there was an injury. DJ Turner left with muscle cramps. He did return to the game. I believe Demetrius Knight left the game momentarily went to the locker room, and then he came back in. But for the most part, the Bengals were unscathed. Tanner Hudson is dealing with a concussion that he suffered last week against the Green Bay Packers. He didn't go tonight. Shamar Stewart was back recovering from that ankle injury. He played most of the game tonight, So from an injury standpoint, the Bengals seemed to be pretty good. Prior to the game, they activated off of the injured reserve list guard Lucas Patrick, who, if you remember, was the opening day starting right guard. He was one of their offseason acquisitions formerly with the Packers the Saints, and was the starting right guard on opening day in Cleveland. He's been dealing with a calf injury, and he is active and back on the active roster. Unfortunately, earlier today, though, the Bengals did put Mike Gisiki, the tight end, on the injured reserve list, and he will be out for at least four weeks. There is hope that it's not a season ending injury. It's a pectoral injury that he suffered against the Green Bay Packers. So Mike gisiki on the injured list and it will be a while for him as they wait the test. And Ian Rappaport reported that the MRI was maybe not as bad as they had originally suspected. Meanwhile, the biggest story is Joe Burrow. Joe Burrow was seen tonight at pay Course Stadium. He was on the sidelines in a walking boot and had a backwards hat on, had the headset on. He was talking to Jake Browning and Joe Flacco there on the bench and was at least a part of the process. Today, Ian Rappaport reported that things have gone well for Joe Burrow's rehab. He said that he's on track. He's still planning on coming back in mid December and has been telling people that he will come back if he can and if he's able and if the team is in it. And so there's been no setbacks. Everything has been going to plan with Joe Burrow and that turf toe injury that required surgery after that Week two loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars. That is your Postman law injury report. Others promise, but postman delivers. If you're injured, call eight four to four postman. That's eight four to four postman. All right, Bengals do have that many buy to heal up from the bumps and bruises and cuts and scrapes of a game against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Difficult AFC North game, and obviously on a short week on a Thursday, that is never easy to do. But the Bengals did find a way to win tonight. Let's take you back to the final few plays of the game. Let's start with after draining the clock for a little while, this is what it sounded like when Evan McPherson hit what would eventually be the game winning field goal.
Speaker 12: Here we go, a thirty six yard field goal try for the lead, with eleven seconds left in the fourth quarter and the Bengals down by one point. Money Mack is ready. He takes a deep breath, waits for the long snap back to Rico. Rico puts it down. The kick is up. It is gosh have the Bengals have a two point lead with seven seconds left on the clock.
Speaker 2: Nice. Gotta love it.
Speaker 13: Joe Flacco, Welcome to Cincinnati, my man.
Speaker 2: Joe Flacco did a really good job of taking his sweet time backing up, killing a couple of extra seconds, and getting that down underneath ten seconds by the time the Bengals kicked the field goal. I'm not gonna lie. I was a little bit nervous in that moment because if you've watched the NFL at all this year, you have seen a ton of blocked kicks. There have been blocked kicks everywhere across the NFL. So Higgins goes down on the slide and the Bengals are forcing the Steelers to use their time out. I thought, on third down, you should actually run a normal play, or at least your best run play, and try to score a touchdown. That way, you at least give yourself some protection from losing on a field goal and only being up too. But the Bengals decided to drain as much clock as they could and then kick the field goal and eventually kick it back to Aaron Rodgers, and the other part I was nervous. Number one, you get the field goal block Number two, Aaron Rodgers is really freaking good at Hail Mary's. I was in Green Bay last week and I was at the Packers Hall of Fame, and it's really cool. It was a great experience. And you kind of turn the corner and there's already basically an Aaron Rodgers room. They have his MVP Trophy from twenty eleven, they have one of his record breaking footballs in there. They've got jerseys and helmets and all this other stuff, and they have this wall that is basically dedicated to all the hail Mary's that Aaron Rodgers has completed over the course of his career. The Thursday Night famous one in Detroit a few years ago to Richard Rodgers. He did it twice in a playoff game against Arizona. Like Aaron Rodgers is the king of hail Mary's, he does it all the time. So that was also in the back of my head. I was a little nervous about that. And so Rogers had a quick completion to move the pocket and move the ball the line of scrimmage up a little bit just to get them into hail mary range. This was the final play of the game.
Speaker 12: Three defensive backs begin retreating about thirty yards down the field. Three seconds left, the Steelers sixty yards from the end zone. Rogers catches the shotgun snap. Now he'll run around, allow his receivers to get downfield, and he launches it into the end zone and it is broken up incomplete. No knocked the way by Djivy have. The Bengals have knocked out the Steelers on Thursday night by the final score of thirty three to thirty one. The AFC North gets tighter and the Bengals outlook gets brighter with a tremendous closing finish and a game winning field goal with seven seconds to go.
Speaker 2: How about that Money Max?
Speaker 13: So many heroes in this football game, offensive, defensive, and special teams when you include money Mack. All I can say is Bengals beat the Pittsburgh Steelers two division wins, two to zero in the division. That could be a factor as the season progresses.
Speaker 2: Unfold.
Speaker 13: Bam Bam bam, Bengals win thirty three thirty one.
Speaker 2: That's great stuff from Dave Lapham and Dan Horde. The AFC North gets tighter, the Bengals outlook gets brighter. That's awesome stuff from Dan Horde. Speaking of that Bengals outlook, what's next, Well back home against the New York Jets next weekend and that is the Ring of Honor games. So Dave Lapham and Leaping Lamar Parish will be honored as they are put into the Bengals Ring of Honor that day against the Jets. Then they're back home the following week, first of three. This game tonight was the first of three straight home games for the Bengals. They'll take on the Bears on November the two. Both of those are one pm games. Then the Bengals have their bye week. Out of their bye week, they make a trip to Pittsburgh to play the Pittsburgh Steelers. Then it's back here in Cincinnati against the New England Patriots before a Thanksgiving night trip to Baltimore to take on the Ravens. By the way, I will be here following Thanksgiving Night football in Baltimore. I'll be right here for postgame sports talk deep into the black Friday morning, looking forward to that. Bengals then follow up that many bye with a trip to Buffalo to take on the Bills. Not going to be easy. And then oh, by the way, the Ravens come to Cincinnati. So that stretch of of Steelers, Patriots, Ravens, Bill's Ravens. Yikes. Then they are in Miami and for what right now is scheduled as a Sunday night football game. I would imagine that game gets flexed out, but that is at Miami on December the twenty first, and the Bengals wrap things up at home with two home games, one against the Arizona Cardinals and one against the Cleveland Browns. The dayton times of those games as always Week seventeen and eighteen in the NFL are t b D. All Right, that does it for me. I really appreciate you listening. Always fun to talk about a win. Always fun when the Bengals win football games. I had a blast tonight. If you liked what you heard, you can hear me weekdays twelve to three on ESPN fifteen thirty. I host a show called Sincy three sixty. I also host the Ball Don't Live Podcast. It's a Bengals podcast available wherever you get your podcast. And of course you can follow me on Twitter or anywhere on social media at Audielmore aut Y E. L. M Ore. That does it for me. Thanks so much for listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame sports talk show on ESPN fifteen thirty and on seven hundred WLW