Speaker 1: And big guy, Big Sports Weekend coming back here in the big town.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, and for your Cincinnati Bangles aid somehow please got a fine boy. They get back on the winning side here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but unfortunately, uh the Patriots and look who have won eight straight, playing really really well under Mike Brabel, and it's gonna be a tough one.
Speaker 1: And here to discuss whether us. He's a senior reporter from Patriots dot Com. Also hosts the Patriots Catch twenty two at Patriots dot Com. Evan Lazarre, Welcome to the program.
Speaker 3: How you guys doing good?
Speaker 1: So things are humming right along in New England? And is it Brabel? It seems like that fever's taken hold up there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, he's He's done a fantastic job. And you just see a great mix of you know, football acumen and extus and O's with alpha leadership style that he had as a player come to fruition. And he's got a great staff around him with Josh McDaniels and John Striker who's kind of his right hand man. And so it's just a great combination of minds right now for the Patriots. And it's a well coached football team and you see it in the results in the record, but he also can kind of feel it day to day that you know, the culture in the locker room in the one eighty that they did from the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: And Evan, it seems like it's a team that has taken on the identity of the coach, right Rabel, tough guy, you know, Ohio State, former Patriot and all those great teams, you know, gonna win on toughness and discipline and all that, and it seems like how they're playing right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Would agree with that to an extent. But I think the biggest difference between the teams that Rabel played on here and this Patriots team is just how explosive their offense is in the passing game. Is they're an offense that with Brady was always super and always ahead of the chains, and they weren't in really any bad situations in terms of down and distances and stuff like that. You know, this Patriots team might have a negative player two on first and second down, but then on third and twelve, Drake may makes a play. You know, he just makes a play down the field is deep. Passing numbers are absolutely off the charts, they're top five in the league and exposed to play rate on offense. So I would say that's the biggest difference in terms of the style of play between this team and maybe the teams that was either quarterback by Tom Brady or played for with you know, Raybol. And it's been really cool to kind of see that development from McDaniels too in this offense that they're they're throwing the ball down the field a lot more than maybe what we've seen in the past.
Speaker 2: And yeah, seems like Drake May, you know, now in his second year, has really come on in what ways has he gotten better and improved and really leading this team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's you know, we're a good place to start. You just said leading this team. I think that's been a huge area of emphasis, you know, from an intangible standpoint with Mike Rabel since the day that he got here, was developing Drake May into a leader. And Rabel's the first one to tell you that he's not going to come in here and teach Drake May quarterback mechanics and footwork and be breaking down you know, progressions and things like that, like he's going to leave that kind of stuff to Josh McDaniels, but the actual leadership element of it is something that he has pushed heavily with Drake May. And you see Drake May really taking on that role just as a second year quarterback, as a twenty three year old kid, he's really stepped to the forefront and a team captain and is doing all those types of things. Then, as a player, I would say the biggest area growth for him is remaining a passer for as long as possible. I think as a rookie, he's such a great scrambler that he had a tendency to maybe leave some pockets early and just start scrambling around. Where now he's using his legs to extend plays and buy time in the pocket while keeping his eyes down the field and then making these big throws down the field off platform, which I think is a really big area of emphasis. And then also growth is just you know, knowing that, Okay, I can just move a little to my left or a little to my right, or step up in this pocket to keep myself protected and then hurt team still with my arm and not rely so much on the scrambling.
Speaker 3: And Evan remind me I feel like I recall in the twenty twenty four draft that May was taken in. Weren't the Patriots offered like three first round picks for their selection, maybe by the Vikings, And I guess, you know, at the time, it's like, boy, that's you know, a pretty hard thing to turn down. But I guess now look looking pretty good that decision.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was definitely trade chatter, both of the Giants and the Vikings. The Giants were at six, I remember that off the top of my head.
Speaker 3: They ended up taking.
Speaker 4: Malik Neighbors there and then the Vikings, I want to say, we're at like eight, and that of course was JJ McCarthy. So there was some conversations there about trading down, but I remember it might have been on hard knocks the Giants side with them trying to negotiate a trade for the Patriots third overall pick. And I remember at the time the Patriots general manager Elliot Wolf just saying we didn't have a quarterback, then we would be having a different discussion. But we need the quarterback and Drake May is sitting there or Jayden Daniels whatever it ends up being, So we're going to stick and pick the quarterback. And good things that they did, because you know, it's it's really been you know, we're able deserves a ton of the credit, but you know, Drake May is the reason why the Patriots are nine and two.
Speaker 1: Evin Lazarre from Patriots dot Com as our guest and Evan, you guys got to dealing with a few injuries, especially a big one on the d line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, So that's really their first big injury, i would say, of the year, which is a big part of their record as well. The Patriots have only placed two players on injured reserve during the season, so quite a bit different in what's going on with the Bengals. Right, So, Milton Williams is now on injured reserve with a high ankle sprain. He's going to be out at least the next four games. And he's just been every single thing that they hoped that he would be when they signed him as a free agent back in March as the highest paid free agent.
Speaker 5: In the NFL last offseason.
Speaker 4: And he's been terrific, terrific motor, excellent pressure player, you know, third in the league and pass rush win rate among interior defensive linemen, good against the run, hustles, on every single play, you know, sideline the sideline through the whistle kind of player, and that was a big thing that the Patriots also in one of their team identities is effort and it's a big part of the Mike Rabel message and Milan Williams was really bringing that to life on the field. So replacing him is not going to be easy. You know, They're going to probably do it by aggregate and have a couple of different guys that are going to try to fill in there. They still have Christian Barmore on the inside is a very good player as well, but that was supposed to be a duo or a tandem there on the inside and has been for the majority of the season. But they'll be without Williams for this game against the Bengals, but also, you know, just looking big picture, two games against the Bills and the Ravens after their bye week as well, So some really big games coming up that Milan Williams will miss.
Speaker 2: So for Bengals fans listen to this that are obviously going to tune into the game. You mentioned Drake may mentioned a couple of pieces on defense, But what's another strength of this team? Evan as you watch them week in and week out. What's another place you think this team really has it well.
Speaker 5: I think it's a couple of places.
Speaker 4: You know, their wide receiving core has been a lot better than they expected coming into the season. Now, maybe you give some of that credit to May and McDaniels and McDaniels scheming it up and Drake putting the ball in great places. But Kayshawan Boody sounds like he's going to be back this week. He's been missing the last couple of weeks, and he's kind of May's favorite down the field, deep threat, you know, outside the numbers type of receiver LSU guys just like Jamar Chase, so he has that kind of skill set. And then Stefan Dicks has obviously been fantastic. You know, everything I said about Milton Williams applies to Stefon Diggs too. He has been exactly what the doctor ordered for them. Veteran, steady, presidence, leader on and off the field, and productive.
Speaker 5: So he's been a.
Speaker 4: Home run signing as well. And then I would say, you know, on the defensive side of the ball, they feel pretty good about their cornerback tandem and Christian Gonzalez and Carlon Davis, And I know, you know, last year in the opener, you guys saw Christian Gonzalez and Jamar Chasco toe to toe and he's an all Pro caliber corner and Carlon Davis is a pretty good number two corner. So they have that ability with those two guys to match up against the opponents receivers and Tie Higgins and I'm sure going to see uh plenty maybe of both of those guys honestly, depending on how the Patriots decided to do things without chasing there. So I think those sort of twosomes, if you will, have been real strength of this team, both you know, Williams and Barmore, Gonzalez and Davis, you know, Diggs and Booty like that's kind of been the bedrock of the team outside of Drake May.
Speaker 1: Evin Lazar from Patriots dot Com is our guest, and Evan wants the chat up your guys way as far as to who's going to be playing quarterback for the Bengals on Sunday, because honestly, here in Cincinnati, we don't know either.
Speaker 4: I know when you guys are asking me all these questions about the Patriots and I want to ask you guys questions, like the heck is going to be a quarterback for you know, everything right now with the Patriots is pretty much status quo. You know, they had the Thursday night game against the Jets, and then they had to make bye week coming off the Thursday night game, so everybody's getting a little bit healthier. They had a little time off. Like, there's not much to talk about in terms of changes or anything like that outside of the Williams injury for the Patriots. So all of our eyes are are focus right now on you guys and what's going on with Joe Burrow. So I would assume that it's going to be him right like, it looks like everything's trending towards Burrow coming back this week, which gives this game definitely a little bit more juice.
Speaker 5: I think that was.
Speaker 4: As much as Patriots fans. I think we're reveling in the fact that Chase wasn't going to play and that this was probably going to be one of those games where they could chock it up to a win and keep this thing rolling. The Patriots do need to get battle tested here a little bit against some better teams and they will, you know, against Buffalo and Baltimore, like I mentioned, after their bye week. But now all of a sudden, this changes the whole complexion of this game. And this is another one that you can really be a little bit battle tested by. So there's so much talk around here, guys about the easy schedule that the Patriots have had, and pretty much every single metrics says that they have the easiest schedule in football, and the Patriots fans get a little bit sensitive about that, and you know, people are kind of poking the bear when it comes to the easy schedule conversation.
Speaker 3: But going into Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: And beating Joe Burrow is not an easy win. So I think there's both, you know, a positive and negative aspect of it in that sense.
Speaker 2: No, and people mention that, but I mean at the time you beat the Bucks, you know, they were playing pretty good. And I still think they're a good team. Beat the Bills. They're a good team with maybe the best player in the NFL on it. So I wouldn't say it's been a completely easy schedule.
Speaker 5: No, it hasn't been.
Speaker 4: You know, those two games definitely stand out, but they've also cleaned up against some really bad teams. Now, to their credit, they've made the really bad teams look really bad. And that's what you want to see when you're a good football team. And one of the things that Mike Rabel said at his introductory press conference that was sort of the first that for the program when they hired him, was taking advantage of bad football. So the Patriots have passed that test. You know, They've beaten the Tennessee's, the New Orleans and the Cleveland's, the Jets, you know, those types of teams, and they've been able to win the games that you also were kind of more coin flip games, like the Bills in Tampa Bay. So they've passed every test so far. So you know, it's not that you know they haven't, but I think that a lot of people now are like, all right, well, you got to this point, you're probably gonna be in the playoffs. So hopefully when the division, you know, now the goalposts have moved, let's win playoff games, right, you know, now that everybody's getting a taste of it, everyone's a little bit greedy.
Speaker 1: All right with that, Evan, we will let you go, man, Thanks so much for talking.
Speaker 6: To us anytime.
Speaker 3: Guys, enjoy the game.
Speaker 1: Thank you Evan Lazarre from Patriots dot Com. So, yeah, we don't know either. That's that's a fact, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we find out more during the course of this show.
Speaker 1: We will let you know as soon as we know. But right now we got traffic and weather. What is going on?
Speaker 7: Going on from the UC Health Traffic Center. Are you one of thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes? Get personalized education and treatment options from the experts at ju see health earn more at UCHealth dot com. Seventy five southbound between Union Center and two seventy five crashers taking up two lanes. We've got about a ten minute delay through the area and with emergency crews on the scene. Also Kilby a suspension bridge row. We picked up an accident to a US fifty east point of Kilby a crasher as well. Seventy five is so in southbound Western Avenue to the Brench Spench Bridge. Northbound seventy five Mitchell to Pattock is about a ten minute trip. And in Kentucky Alexandria Pike at Washington getting reports of an accident here and thanks for the tip call. I'm Rick Schrend produced Radio seven hundred doub LW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW Weather Center, Ford and Eyed clouds the lower forty five four Tomile rain off and on all day the higher fifty four It is forty five Now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: Is it true Tom Brenneman names his pants and his favorite is called Percy?
Speaker 6: That is not true.
Speaker 8: Is it true that as a child Tom Brenneman hit under the covers and listen to the radio and he's incredible hulk jammies.
Speaker 6: Well, that's one of those yes and those sort of things.
Speaker 8: It's a true Tom Brenneman. Busy's buns to start your day.
Speaker 6: Right, That's true and I'm proud of it. Join me for the latest news traffic from Chuck Ingram, weather from Jennifer Ketchmark, plenty of laughs and a whole lot more.
Speaker 8: Tom Brenneman tomorrow morning at five am on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: This report is sponsored by Macy's Backstage. Macy's Backstage is a whole department inside your Macy's store where you can find so many holiday It's.
Speaker 10: Time to get super sure coming soon.
Speaker 1: All right back with Eddiot Rocky all.
Speaker 2: Right in this saying history Vember twentieth, nineteen eighty two. Certainly it'll go down in history is one of the most famous, unbelievable endings to a football game. Of course, talking about cow eating Stanford. Right, and here was the radio call, im.
Speaker 11: It'll probably try to swim it, and he does. Row comes blows of the Bears have to get out of bounds. Rogers along the sideline on. Otherwise they're still in deep trouble at with Bill.
Speaker 6: They tried to.
Speaker 11: Dull a couple of the ball is still as they get a the Rodgers, they get a crack.
Speaker 3: Out of the party.
Speaker 11: They're down on the twenty all the band is out of the band. What oh God, come out some mighty sensational traumatic part running exciting, Twilley finished in the history of Palace Football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you've never seen really anything like that before. The pitches back and forth and what's going on.
Speaker 1: I remember seeing that and thinking, well, there has to be some kind of penalty or some thus happened. Yeah, no, knocked the tuba play over and run into the end zone and often forgotten. You know the Stanford's quarterback was John Elway. Oh wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's funny. I was reading up on it, and he said, when he's been asked about it, you know, when the band coming on the field and all that, He said, Yeah, each year it gets a little funnier, he total reporter. But it sure wasn't a lot of fun at the time.
Speaker 2: So that's probably again, maybe the one of them, certainly one of, if not the most famous, but I think more any kind of I guess a more recent improbable play that happened in terms of last play of the game, seventy eighth Iron Bowl, November thirtieth, twenty thirteen, all versus Alabama.
Speaker 3: Here's how it sounded.
Speaker 12: Well, I guess if this thing comes up short, he can feel it and run it out.
Speaker 13: All right, here we go.
Speaker 12: Fifty six shorter, it's got no does not have the leg, and when Chris Tavis takes it to the back of the end zone, he'll run it out to the ten fifteen, twenty twenty five, thirty thirty five, forty forty five, fifty forty five.
Speaker 6: There goes dis Oh my god, this is Luver's gonna win a football game. BLOB's gonna win a football game. They ran the best fail dog back. They ride it back out one hundred of dime yards.
Speaker 3: They not on the table, up the tails a dime ball like.
Speaker 1: Cow I didn't know LA used to do at Wow, that's impressive, that's great.
Speaker 2: I remember being in the car listen that, honest to God, and that's like kind of right when I started doing college Wogans around twenty thirteen.
Speaker 3: There right, and uh they're listening. No way, no way.
Speaker 1: That's why my dear late buddy Vick Henley was Auburn grad. His brothers played for Auburn, and I called him right right after that happened. I'm just sitting there. I still can't believe it. I'm gonna go get drunk, but.
Speaker 3: To be fair, he was gonna get drunk.
Speaker 1: You know, it's sad drunk instead of extremely happy drunk.
Speaker 3: So anyway, just stay in history. The band is out on the field.
Speaker 1: If you haven't for whatever reason, you've never seen that looking up because it's pretty pretty damn funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so rock.
Speaker 1: Speaking of funny, but also sad and stupid. This happened in uh, Montana, where a lot of crazy things happen. You know, a guy James Howard is a fellow's name. He is driving his Chevy Suburban on Missoula Highway there when he rear ended a Volkswagen carrying two people. A high webtrol sir arrived at the crash scene reported seeing Howard with a large Budweiser can in his right hand, which when he walked up the side of the car, the guy was holding it and then he put it down on the console there, you know, in the cup holder. Howard. Cops say, handed over the beer can, Sir, what's that? He picked it up and he said, uh.
Speaker 5: What.
Speaker 13: All this?
Speaker 1: And he hands them the beer can and the cop says, sir, it's a beer. He goes, oh, no, that has urine in it. Yeah, like that, like that was going to get him away with it. Uh. He further explained that he rear into the vehicle because he was attempting to pee into that beer can while he was driving.
Speaker 3: We've all tried it. I've all done it.
Speaker 1: Into what can no can at ay bought a works. I was going to say, you got to get the big mouth thing that I need the big mouth. But it helped frame.
Speaker 3: I knew there was a jug coming I did.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: But yeah, this guy had a history of he said, of course the old I just had one beer, just one. He was the police reportedly smelled, said he smelled of alcohol. His speech was slow and slurred, and his pants were wet with urine.
Speaker 3: I guess when that way he wasn't lying.
Speaker 1: Now, look, when you get pulled over by the cops, that's a really bad look.
Speaker 3: It's bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now they got the body camera on. The whole thing's just right insult injury.
Speaker 1: Well I would at least have pride enough to say, well, I guess when I hit impact, that's beer on my pants. I go, I peel it all up for myself.
Speaker 3: This is no good answer either way. I add my beer or it really doesn't look this.
Speaker 1: It's not as bad as it looks, right, Yeah, at least I'm not that. Let's talk to Doug in Mount Washington. Ay, Doug, thanks for calling. What do you have?
Speaker 14: But I call you guys way too often? Man, But I we'll talk about what I do for a living. But a piano bottle, God.
Speaker 5: I don't know, four or five times a day? Way here, it's just wait, Actually, what have I got right now? Hold on? I have water?
Speaker 14: Is zero sugar like Rocky said Gatoray bottle? You know what I mean, if you can have you got a dart whatever? But no, you know, I actually have my dad's who died July nineteenth. I have is what's that thing called with a handle on it that they give you one that's down to the end.
Speaker 1: Oh, the thing that you used to pee in the bed when you're.
Speaker 14: In I can Yeah, but I be hipple thought, but yeah, I cap it.
Speaker 5: I was like, I thought that was kind of funny, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Why to reuse that? I don't want to let it got waste.
Speaker 14: When he was added chemo treatments and whatnot. So I was like, I'll keep that.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, look a little and thanks Doug. And a lot of people hand down bibles or you know, yeah, like an old uh a watch? Yeah, to take the sun take my portable urinal with you.
Speaker 3: And for some reason I have I have this vision like on his death, ben sun mean close to me. The something I have that I want to give to you, I want to bequeathed to you. Hopefully you will use it well as I have here it is and yeah, you think it's going to be like a lightsaber or something. Yeah, lightsaber like a pocket watch from World War One. Yeah, no, it's my pea container.
Speaker 1: That's we had the lineage thing done, you know, the family treat back in the day, and found out my great grandfather, I think I've told that story before, allegedly, I say, allegedly apparently killed a guy in eastern Europe someplace, and he kind of made his way to like Ireland and then to America. And he's on his deathbed. He had never really admitted that he had killed this guy. And he's laying there in his deathbed and it was like his son leans into him and says, father, did you did you kill that man? Back in Poland? And the guys are like, come here, and he leans in and he said, mind's your business and died.
Speaker 3: Wow. Is that badass taken it through the grave? Can tell anybody.
Speaker 1: And by the way, here's my pea bottle.
Speaker 7: With that.
Speaker 1: We check in with traffic and weather. What is going on?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 7: So recycling right there too from the the Health Traffic Center. Are you one of thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes? Give personalized education and treatment options from the experts at you See Health are more at uceehealth dot com. We've got a mess on seventy one southbound approaching Red Bank. Thanks for the calling this too. The accident has traffic stop and go from Montgomery Road. It's about a ten minute delay through the area with a cruise on the scene getting this handled. Seventy five southbound which a Union center and two seventy five about a half hour delay here because of an accident with two lanes taken up, and so it turns back to Sunday. Kilby at suspension bridge to two seventy five still slows with an accident cleanup. And we have Madison at Torrance Parkway now with a crash and heavier traffic. Seventy five north bound Mitchell to Paddic about a ten minute delay, and seventy one northbound Smith edwards the Stewart is also about a ten minute trip. I'm Rick Shrimp's Radio seven hundred double LW.
Speaker 1: The Forecastle seven hundred WLW, Weather Center, Ford andned Clouds. The lower forty five for tomorrow, rain off and on all day the high of fifty four it is forty five. Now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: He's roughie boy, It's Lens mccamist and it's a whole lot of Orange and Black during the Roundtable show tonight at six on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 13: The whole Festive Bengals.
Speaker 9: Covering this report is sponsored by the James Cancer Hospital.
Speaker 16: The best outcomes for treating cancer come from early detection, The James Star Fitness Guide.
Speaker 3: P J Street, pjstre Rock and Roll.
Speaker 13: Here.
Speaker 2: So, I'm not sure if you've heard about this, but about this kid in Indianaho's on the verge of breaking Derrick Henry's high school rushing record, which is an all time record.
Speaker 1: I saw it mentioned a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so a game coming up this weekend and he has a chance of breaking it. So again, the kid's name is Miles McLoughlin. Okay, and this is in Knox, Indiana, Knox Community High School.
Speaker 3: Smaller school.
Speaker 2: I think it's like less than a thousand people, and there's not hardly you know, it's like even like a small town. It's a town of you know, like less than four thousand people combined. Right, So smaller deal. But to McLoughlin, star running back Knox Community High School, it's just three hundred and sixty five yards away from tying Henry's high school record.
Speaker 3: What is Henry's record. Well, Henry carried the ball in high school.
Speaker 2: One thousand, three hundred and ninety seven times for twelve thousand, one hundred and twenty four yards and one hundred and fifty three touchdown.
Speaker 3: I tell you all the time.
Speaker 2: Go online, go on YouTube and just YouTube Derrick Henry Juley high School. And he looks like the same guy right now, except just running against high school kids.
Speaker 3: Is it just pushing him to the ground as he's running, falling off and they're grabbing him. He's just just.
Speaker 2: Running over him, running around him over in the whole deal, and in the amount of carries, I mean to get fourteen hundred carries in high school. The coach wasn't concerned about wearing the tread off of Derrick Henry. Correct, we're gonna ride him, yeah, sixty times. A game with the playbook was like three like three plays long. Yeah, but uh but no, this guy And what's interesting is this guy now he's not like as big of a you know, and he's he's a zero star right now. He's five ten and one ninety but and he plays quarterback. But in like a like a wing t kind of thing with a double wing kind of offense and they just they just run the ball. I think he's thrown like a couple of times this year, right, So but uh, nevertheless, I think that's pretty cool and and and so I looked it up Knox, Indiana as it's actually just a little south of South Bend. Okay, you know, so it's you know whatever, caute four hours away, right, so yeah, so pretty cool more.
Speaker 1: Or less of like halfway between South Bend and Indy say kind.
Speaker 3: Of, No, it's definitely. It's definitely way north of Indy. It's it's closer to South Bend. Closer I'm talking, you know, yeah, I don't know, forty miles kind of Oh, okay, I'm fifty miles A.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought you did a couple of hours.
Speaker 3: And it was it was cool because Derek Henry was asked about that.
Speaker 2: I don't even know. I don't think it was this week. It might have been a couple of weeks ago, but he was asked about it. Hey, did you hear this?
Speaker 3: Kids?
Speaker 2: You know, kind of on your heels of breaking this record and his credit he said, go break it, son, you know, records.
Speaker 3: Are made to be broken. I hope he gets that. Hope his team wins the state title.
Speaker 2: So I thought that was cool because you know, sometimes you could be like I wanted to write my high school record.
Speaker 1: Well then like the old uh, at this stage of the game, it's almost kind of funny, the old seventy two Dolphins getting together anytime a team goes undefeated, and yeah, twelve and oher and they all get together and head drunk and right as soon as they get beat, they smoke cigars and drink champagne. Well yeah, but there's how many of them can there be left?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Surely, probably sixteen of them left?
Speaker 6: Oh man?
Speaker 1: Anyway, Well again, God blessed are they? I assume they're in the playoffs now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are moving to see what it says here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're He's quarterback for Knox Class three A state semifinal Friday against U Fort Wayne Bishop Leures. So you know, okay, he's three hundred and sixty five yards now. He's run for four hundred plus in five games this year, so this is like definitely possible.
Speaker 3: I guess who's going to get fed the ball? Yeah you think, well, I think that was going to happen either way. Give it to that kid and get out of the way.
Speaker 1: Well, come up, we do have PJ after the News, but at four thirty five rock big time guest.
Speaker 2: Yes, we've got Steve Speck from Saint Xavier High School, the head coach over there. He's going to take a break here and give us a little of his time to talk about the big game tomorrow Friday, about getting that move to pay Corps and just how cool that is for these high school kids, and a little bit on the matchup should be great.
Speaker 1: And I believe that during the news they were reporting this, so far they've sold what was that, like seventeen thousand something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ye're about seventeen so yeah, yeah, and that was you know, almost like twenty four hours after it came open.
Speaker 1: So a few hours ago too, so it was by now.
Speaker 2: And recall I think it was maxed out about sixty five hundred for Mason, so it's already gone correct. And and oh double they'll I think they'll touch twenty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it makes sense. Yeah, coming up, we will have PJ. Street, but that's after the news right now. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: News Traffic and Weather.
Speaker 8: News Radio seven hundred wl W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 17: President Trump calls them traders who need to be put to death. This is the four o'clock report. I'm Matt Leeks breaking now the White House defending President Trump's reaction to a video from several Democratic lawmakers. That video was directed at members of the military and video says they can refuse illegal orders. In reaction, the President writes on social media o their words cannot be allowed to stand and calls it seditious behavior from traders.
Speaker 18: President Trump on Thursday called these Democratic veterans and national security specialist traders who should face the death penalty. Trump also reshared a social media post that was responding to an article about the Democrats and calling for them to be hanged. In another post, the President said quote seditious behavior punishable by death. Press Secretary Caroline Levitt was pushed to explain these posts.
Speaker 19: To signal to people serving under this commander in chief, Donald Trump, that you can him and you can betray your oath of office. That is a very very dangerous message.
Speaker 18: Karen Travers ABC News to a White House.
Speaker 17: All right, your drive home now, the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 7: From the UC Health Traffic Center. Are you one of thirty million Americans impacted by diabetes, give personalized education the treatment options from the experts at you see health more man u see health dot com. Well, we have seventy one southbound approaching Red Bank with the accident here taking up the left lane. It looks like the left shoulder affected as well and worse stop we go from Montgomery Road. We have that crash cleared on seventy five southbound Union Center to two seventy five. Still about a twenty minute delay with traffic recovering from sinn Day Road to Kilby between suspension bridge and two seventy five accident Here Madison Road at Torrents Parkway a crash and on seventy five were sling southbound. As you make your way between Ronald reag And Highway and Norwood Lateral. Also southbound seventy five Freeman to the bread Spence in northbound seventy five Mitchell to Pattock is stopping. Go seventy one northbound Smith Edwards distorted by a ten minute trip. I'm rich Repnews Radio seven hundred double d wellw Now the.
Speaker 6: Latest forecasts from the No Fear Dentist Weather Center.
Speaker 16: Advanced dentistry the thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck.
Speaker 6: We're here for you, no fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 20: A few hit and miss showers will start to move into the Tri State overnight, but a lot of us likely not seeing rain until we get into Friday morning, with a low near forty five. Also some foggy areas for the morning commute. Tomorrow afternoon, we keep a cloudy with rain continuing on and off throughout the day, and high near fifty four will fall to forty two fierce Saturday morning as the rain ends. From your severe weather station. I'm nine first Warning meter reblogist Mark Stitz News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 17: Forty six degrees Right now. Bengals game day forecast built by American Home Tech. Your roof's first line of defense starts with US American home Tech dot Com. Sunny high of fifty eight for the Bengal and the Patriots at pay Court Stadium this Sunday. This news brought to you by Aedoor and Window Company and Express Pro Tire and Auto. There are new details out on the fiery crash of a ups jet a couple of weeks ago in Louisville. Not the final report from the National Transportation Safety board, but it does provide details on what's been found so far.
Speaker 21: The report includes still images from an airport surveillance video showing the left engine and pylon separating from the wing as the plane began to take off from Runway seventeen r. A fire ignited on the engine as it flew above the fuselage and then landed on the ground. The NTSB report says investigators found evidence of fatigue cracks in addition to areas of overstressed failure on parts of the pylon that attaches the engine to the wing. There were no missed inspections or scheduled maintenance. Fourteen people were killed in the crash, three crew members and eleven people on the ground. A final report with a proper cause of the crash is not expected for at least a year.
Speaker 17: On Pole Miles, their collaboration on crime fighting will continue at a new level. Cincinnati Police, Hamilton County Sheriff's Department, and the Ohio State Highway Patrol moving forward with more partnership. Hamilton County Sheriff says her deputies just completed a fifteen day sweep of the downtown Cincinnati area, where they made fifteen arrests. Recovered six weapons, three stolen cars, and issued over two hundred warnings. Latest on the Elder Saint X game tomorrow night at pay Corp Stadium, HSAA says they sold almost ten thousand additional tickets as of last check, in addition to the seven thousand originally sold when they were going to play the game in Mason. They're pumped up at both schools. Alex McClatchy plays for the Saint X Bombers.
Speaker 3: It's definitely one of the bigger ones I've ever played in. It's unbelievable. I mean, I can't wait. You know, Elder, big rival playing at pay Corps.
Speaker 6: Over in Price Hill.
Speaker 3: Here's Joey Carter. He goes to Elder, this is the game that everyone's always and he wanted to play in.
Speaker 2: Especially it's such a stadium like pay for It's just electric.
Speaker 17: The head coach at Saint X, Steve Speck, is going to be talking with Eddie and Rocky after the news of four thirty. Is Joe Burrow going to play Sunday at pay Corpse Stadium. It looks possible. Here's segment seven hundred at WLW Sports.
Speaker 22: It's a Bengals' Day brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town with thirteen locations in northern Kentucky. Joe Burrow on the practice field again today, Zach Taylor this morning with Tom Brenneman.
Speaker 13: Will he play on Sunday?
Speaker 23: One day at practice isn't going to lead to that decision yet, So what's the time we have at our disposal and come with the best decision we can.
Speaker 22: Bengals and Patriots on Sunday. Preview the game Tonight on the Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Toe Rown Table Show presented by Postmittal All live from Long Necks and Hebred at six oh five Here on seven hundred WLW. College Basketball Tonight NKU in Central Michigan at six thirty on ESPN fifteen thirty. Bill Dennison seven out of WLW.
Speaker 3: Sports Big Ouch, Shohn Watson.
Speaker 17: You the down close Down three hundred and eighty seven points s to be five hundred down, one hundred and four NASDAC down five hundred and eighty six, four oh six seven one hundred w DLW. I'm Matt Reese, next news coming up at fourth.
Speaker 24: This report is sponsored by One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning. As TEMs begin to drop, it's time to get your heating tune up. With one hour heating and air conditioning, they will get your system ready for those chilly nights ahead.
Speaker 1: Twist fellow right Jop.
Speaker 3: Yes, our good friend PJ Street and PJ.
Speaker 2: It's that time of the year, Holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's and for whatever reason, that's usually an excuse for everyone to just throw the feedbag on now and take it off.
Speaker 3: Like January fifth.
Speaker 1: Eat drink, drink, eat, eat, eat, drink, drink drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, repeat, yes, So how can we get out of this cycle here?
Speaker 7: PJ.
Speaker 25: Yeah, I'm gonna today, I'm gonna teach everybody you know, how to navigate the holiday eating without gaining ten pounds of regret.
Speaker 13: Come January second, and let's start here.
Speaker 25: If we look at it logically, there's thirty seven days between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day. And you know, despite what people tell themselves, it's not stuffing your face on Thanksgiving or Christmas Eve or Christmas Day that causes you know, this weight gain and ruins all your progress. It's the other thirty plus days in that period right where you say, I'll screw it, I'll restart in January so you know, if we look at it logically, over those thirty seven days of the holiday season, there's really only seven that actually matter that that I feel that you can justify, you know, being really indulgent with food and drink. You know, you got Thanksgiving obviously, Christmas Eve, you got Christmas Day, you got New Year's Eve, and then you know, look you might have three or four like other you know, work parties or events.
Speaker 13: So you know, that's seven to eight indulgent days total.
Speaker 25: That's really only about twenty percent of the whole holiday season. If you stay on track the rest of the time, then you're golden. But if you eat like it's Thanksgiving for five straight weeks, you're going to be in a bad spot.
Speaker 3: Gotcha.
Speaker 2: So is there any I mean other than just having this sheer willpower to do it and any tricks we can use or things we can do to kind of.
Speaker 3: Make sure we don't you know, because there's a lot of pressure too.
Speaker 2: It's like every get together, right as everyone has the food and has the drink and has this and that.
Speaker 3: Any ways to kind of meander around that.
Speaker 25: Yeah, so let's just start here and again, remember it's a holiday, it's not a hol a month, right, So one or two meals don't make or break your results. Here, what does to your point, Rock, It's the daily grazing, it's the stress eating, it's kind of abandoning the gym and rationalizing.
Speaker 13: Every choice with well, you know, it's the holidays. So to win this battle.
Speaker 25: You got to pick your battles right, enjoy what you love at those five to seven key of during the holiday season, and then you need to be mindful of your nutrition the rest of the time. You need to stay in the gym. You need to keep your steps up. And I just see that most people just waste calories on junk. They don't even like this time of year. So you really got to identify what you really really love, right. It might be the pumpkin pie, it might be you know, Grandma stuffing, it might be the prime rib on Christmas. But I just see people grazing and grabbing it. It just crap, it's not even that good. So that's the first point, you know, And then the first tip I'll give you is you got to pick your battles. And then number two, you really need to keep your routine between these events. You got to stick to the basics the walking. You got to stay in the gym, you got to keep the protein up, you got to keep the water up. And you can't get into the mindset that you're going to spiral out of control just because you overrate at one Christmas party or something like that. Number three again, you got to keep your workouts is non negotiable on your calendar. If you're travel in your swamp, which of a lot of us are during this time of year, that's cool. Just realize that a twenty minute left or a one mile walk still counts. Something is always better than nothing. And again, you can't fall into this. I'll just start fresh in January trap. You know January first promises don't fix you know December fifteenth damage, right, So if you show up now in coasting the January, you know you can coast into January without panic or having to do some stupid crash diet, which I'm sure we'll discuss come January. And then finally, let me give you some stats on holiday weight game. You know, you hear these stats like people gain ten pounds during the holidays.
Speaker 13: Well that's that's not really true. The average American gains about.
Speaker 25: One to two pounds between Thanksgiving to New Year's But and that doesn't sound like much.
Speaker 13: But yeah, you think it's a lot more.
Speaker 25: But here's the catch, guys, most people never lose it, and that holiday weight just accumulates year after year after year. There was a really cool study in twenty twenty two in the journal Medicine. It's found the holiday weight gain is the number one contributor to the annual weight creep in US adults. So, you know, one to two pounds compounded, you know, by thirty years, that's how you end up, you know, with a size forty two waist and fifty pounds heavier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we but everything you're saying makes sense, PJ. But we all know, just like you said, you eat crap that you don't ordinarily eat, but simply because it's around. It's yeah, look, there's a point at my house there aren't cookies laying around on the counter all the time. But guess what deb feels like she needs to make five dozen cookies to send to friends and whatnot. And so guess what I'm walking by the kitchen counter. Oh, look a sugar cookie? Have it at one of those in a minute.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, I'm the same way, and I assume a lot of people are. It's like, if it's not in my house, I'm never telling my wife, look, go to Kroger's and get four pies and ten bags of cookies. All that. I'm not saying that. But yeah, if it's all of a sudden there, guess what, it's a little bit harder to say, just say no to it.
Speaker 13: Well, Rocky, it's a great point.
Speaker 25: One of my favorite quotes is, you know your environment is stronger than your willpower. Right, So if you're to your point, if you're buying all the crap just because it's the holidays and near being festive, and you know your you know your willpower is only going to go so far up the stuff laying around the house that that's a that's a terrific point.
Speaker 3: No doubt about it.
Speaker 2: Anything else in terms of I guess, workout wise, any any and anything, folks you have to focus on during the holidays.
Speaker 25: Here my one. That's a great, great, great question. Uh, rock here's my one thing. You need to walk after big meals, right, and before a big meal, you want to make sure that you're you know, you're hydrated, and you drank a lot of water, so after every big meal, if I can give it, if I can give people one tip, you know, workout, physical activity. Watch the holidays, if you stuck your face instead of laying on the couch and watching football, which let's.
Speaker 13: Be honest most of us are going to do.
Speaker 25: Go outside, you know, even if it's a five minute walk around the block, you know that that can go a long way and just kind of help you kind of reset things a little bit.
Speaker 6: Got you.
Speaker 2: So BJ on a completely different note, and we did this topic on a few weeks ago, maybe two months back, about fasting and all that, and I think I remember telling you I was gonna even though you've said, look, there's not like a ton of different benefits of it, but I was gonna at least try it. So I'm going to do that at some point in the next couple of weeks. So give me a challenge, give me a fast challenge. How should I do it? How many days should I go? And I'll report back with the results.
Speaker 25: All right, Rock, you're a tough You're a tough dude. So let's go with an alternate day fasting approach for a week. Yeah, right, we'll see, right, alternate day fasting. Okay, so you can eat on you know, you can eat on Monday, gon't eat on Tuesday, and eat normal on Wednesday, back and forth, just for seven days, because I'm curious to see how you feel and what you observe doing that.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be very cranky Pjack and tell you that.
Speaker 1: So, but you're not eating anything? Are you drinking juice or what exactly?
Speaker 3: Area? What can I drink? Can I drink coffee at least?
Speaker 5: Or not?
Speaker 13: Coffee?
Speaker 7: Water?
Speaker 13: Zero calorie soft drinks, gatorade zero?
Speaker 25: All that stuff's fair game, or you know, Or you can do the typical uh what is it? The sixteen eight fast where you just eat in an eight hour window. But you're up to the challenge. Rock, We're gonna go alternate day, alternately fasting for you.
Speaker 3: All right, so Monday, all right, just for weeks Monday.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Yeah, you're on the hot seat now. Millions of people are going to hold you to this.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right. I gotta find the days, but I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I find that the eight sixteenth thing, that's pretty much the way I eat Anyways, it tends to be that we.
Speaker 13: Talked about that, Eddie, I'm the same way. I guess I do that. I mean I have a big dinner o'clock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I have a little some pretty light breakfast and then fairly big lunch and then maybe a snack, you know, after I get home from working. That's besides of it.
Speaker 3: All right, So to be clear, so to be clearing this real quick. So I can eat Monday, I can eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, whatever, But I go to bed, I eat absolutely nothing until Wednesday morning again.
Speaker 13: Right, correct, Okay, that's correct.
Speaker 3: All right, just getting make you and I'm just getting the parameters out there like a challenge. All right, we're gonna do this.
Speaker 2: I feel most bad for my wife because, hey, cranky bitch, I'm just telling.
Speaker 25: You you might want to you might want to wait till the first week of January to do this. Yeah, maybe during the holidays a little we're gonna ruin the You're gonna ruin the holidays at the Boyman compound.
Speaker 1: R hobbling around the house like quasi moto, kind of biting at the air.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, if if I will find out more, PJ, are you and what you can deliver, Where can they go?
Speaker 3: What can they do?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 25: You know, if you want a plan that works even during the holidays, I've got you covered. My coaching program is under four dollars a day and it's built for real people who want real results, even with stuffing and pie on the table. All right out more Revifitnesssystems dot com.
Speaker 1: Boom, PJ thanks so much, buddy.
Speaker 13: Thanks fellas go x Yes sir, thanks PJ.
Speaker 1: Or a fitness guy, PJ Street.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna do this man?
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, I just so happens. I have a news story here, and this sounds exactly what you're gonna end up doing, buddy, exactly.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Throwing caution in his clothes to the wind, a sixty six year old man was spotted outside his home chain sawing wild but ass naked.
Speaker 2: According to the police, I like to do my best chainsawing. I feel comes when I'm nude.
Speaker 1: That's the thing who decides. Let's see, should I go out and garden naked?
Speaker 23: Ah?
Speaker 1: Well the grass naked?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 1: How bottom I get out the chainsaw? And that mean that's exactly what Paul Severson did. This happened a couple of tuesdays ago, he was charged with a disorderly conduct and in connection with the louge nude displays outside his residents. Now this again, keep in mind this happened a couple of weeks ago in Florida. You might think, no, in Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Ghee's the only thing is with being that cold, it kind of helps from the you know, constricting, I.
Speaker 1: Got no idea. After interviewing multiple witnesses, as sheriff's deputy observed the nude Severson when he appeared from behind his shed in his backyard, the cob advised him that he couldn't be naked outside with children around and people driving by. Neighbors reported this Severson often did yard work wild news with the one I witness sing the suspect was chain sawing all the time. Well, butt ass naked. Now if I see you naked in your yard one time, I'm like, oh, yeah, he's done. He's been out there. You know, tendon is trimming the hedges while he's naked. No, I'm not waiting for it to happen again. No, I'm telling somebody.
Speaker 3: Has their thing. I guess this is uh the skuy's apparently.
Speaker 1: But what how can that be a thing because you you can't possibly think that people are just gonna go, oh, well, that's just old Paul.
Speaker 3: He's he's chainsawing. He's no big deal.
Speaker 1: He changs on again.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean with chainsaw and if anybody's I think chainsaw is one of the funnest things in the world to do.
Speaker 2: But I mean there's a lot of you know, you know, salt dust and stuff getting thrown ashing wood chips, right, Well, I hope.
Speaker 1: He would at least be I'm sure he was wearing goggles.
Speaker 3: Yes, get a splinter somewhere. We don't want a splinter at.
Speaker 1: But naked chainsawing, I'll tell you, man, that's uh, that's down. That's down on my priority list.
Speaker 3: That's that's it.
Speaker 2: Real quick, you're ed and Austin just text me this because we've been asking about his Burrow gonna play? Is he not?
Speaker 3: Well not, you know, didn't tell the whole story.
Speaker 2: But Joe Burrow listed as a full practice participant today, Joe Flacco listed as a limited participant in practice. So I guess, second straight day, Joe Burrow a full participant in practice. So that's it's it's in closer to he's gonna play.
Speaker 1: Here we go, and now will you would be all day tomorrow screaming you gotta got hurt? What if he gets hurt? Oh yeah, you know how it works.
Speaker 2: And he was one calling for him the other day to play. Now that he's gonna play, he's gonna say he's gonna get hurt.
Speaker 1: How the hell could not happen with that? We chick in with the traffic and weathers.
Speaker 7: From the year the Health Traffic Center. Are you want a thirty eight million American impacted by diabetes? Give personalized education treatment options from the experts at GC health. Littlemore at uc health dot com. Problem on seventy one southbound and Reading has cleared. An accident here that was affecting a couple of lanes on the right hand side and actually was blocking the ramp as well. But that's all been cleared. Traffic is moving better now. Seventy one southbound approaching Red Bank, left lane blocked with the accident and cruiser their right shoulder taken up. On seventy four. This is westbound at Cole Rain. We've got the lanes back to seventy five Vine at Paddock and Kilby as suspension bridge to two seventy five, but still the scenes of accidents and about a ten minute trip seventy five on northbound Mitchell de Paddock, my Rick Shreptnie's Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW Weather Center, Ford and Eyed clouds the lower forty five four tomorrow rain off and on all day, the high of fifty four it is forty five. Now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: Right, mister Pinna, I'm going to show you some images, and you tell me what do you see?
Speaker 3: Looks like a butterfly listening to Scott's Loan show.
Speaker 6: And this one I see a rocket ship?
Speaker 3: A rocket ship, yeah, bless enough with the planet Sloan I see.
Speaker 6: And this one that looks like a fish swimming.
Speaker 3: In a mountain pond.
Speaker 13: Very good.
Speaker 17: Yeah, but the fish is angry because he's not listening to Scott Sloan.
Speaker 6: Scott Sloan, please listen responsibly.
Speaker 17: Join me, Scott Sloan Tomorrow morning at nine o'clock on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Might be best for us to discuss some strong medications.
Speaker 24: This report is sponsored by One Hour Heating and Airic Kenny sing As Tim speaking.
Speaker 1: All right back with Eddie and Rocky and Rock a very very special.
Speaker 2: Guest, very special guests in a very big game. It's Elder v. The Bombers of Saint x Friday night, seven pm, pay Course Stadium.
Speaker 3: It's going to be bigger than Montana.
Speaker 2: And to help kick this thing off and preview the game, how about this the one the only Steve Speck, head coach of Saint Xavier High School.
Speaker 3: Steve, how are you?
Speaker 5: Rock? I'm doing great. Anytime I get to talk to you, guys, it means good things are happening at six hundred West North End Roads.
Speaker 3: Very good? Uh so, Coach, I guess first question is your reaction to the game getting moved to pay Corps.
Speaker 13: What are the team?
Speaker 3: How do they feel about it? You feel about it?
Speaker 2: What's been kind of the organizational things you've had to change to make that happen?
Speaker 5: Well, I've done very little organizationally. I just try to get these kids ready to play. But I'll tell you what, Rock, You know, you know me, We've known each other a long time. I'd play this game and in the parking lot of at Denny's Restaurant. You know that's how sky high I am about this. But the reality that we get to go to pay corps and play in a professional stadium. For these kids, what what memories?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's what I was going to ask you, a coach. How do you get them to it, to keep their keep their head on their shoulders. I mean, and they're walking in there, and you know, it's one thing to talk about, it's another thing to walk in there and look up and like a holy cow, there's fifty thousand people here.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what you want them to You want them to walk out there and say, holy cow, there's fifty thousand people. I'm to walk out there and say holy cow.
Speaker 3: Okay, absolutely, but you're.
Speaker 5: Dealing with you know, you're dealing with kids. And we try. We worked really hard to pass a few weeks to focus on being completely present wherever you are, wherever you go. Just focus on being your individual best at that moment, and it's going to be the same thing Friday night when they walk out and take core and look around.
Speaker 2: Coach, just in general, what is the hardest thing about coaching high school kids these days?
Speaker 3: Is it different than it was ten twenty years ago? Similar tell us.
Speaker 5: The kids aren't any different. Rock, It's no difference between you know all take you Kobe Clapp or or our linebacker's on his way to Notre Day, and there's no difference in Kobe or you. Back in nineteen ninety seven. You know, he's a young kid that's excited about life and his future, and he's gonna do stupid things and make stupid mistakes. But that's what you're supposed to do when you're a kid, or an adult for that matter. I continue to do stupid things. What has changed is society. You know, the advent of the Internet and social media. Everybody has instant access to everything. People can hide behind screen names and attack kids. They're just growing up with an awful lot on their plate. And when you talk about trying to be completely present, it was a lot easier back in nineteen ninety seven when you were a senior than it is in twenty twenty six, twenty twenty five for these kids, I can tell you that much.
Speaker 1: And Coach, let me ask you about you brought that up about social media. Does that involve a certain amount of and I guess, for lack of a better word, parenting to get these kids to hey, look, shut off that noise. You don't need it. I know it's tough, but I'm sure it's got to be almost impossible.
Speaker 6: With these guys, well, it is impossible.
Speaker 5: I was really impressed with my five captains. I talked about you, Kobe Clapper, Aiden Reader, Grant Hester. Let's see, I talked about Aidan Brayden Riley and Daniel Bolmer, and we had a meeting a few weeks ago about how we wanted to approach the playoffs, and they took it upon themselves and said they said, no more cell phones in the locker room. So they completely outlawed that. I didn't push it. They did it to try to help themselves get off that crap. You know. It's like any I tell the kids, look, you're gonna I'm not gonna you know, baby, this is life and you guys, this is the world in which you live. But I'm going to tell you this much. If you're going to read the good stuff about you, you better be prepared to read the band stuff they're going to say, because they're gonna throw it all at us, good and bad. Just I just I don't get involved in that. I don't have much of an online presence. I just try to stay away from it all.
Speaker 2: Absolutely coach Steve Speck is our guest head coach Saint Xavier High School and coach for those listeners out there that maybe don't know a lot about this year's Saint Xavier team. You know, look, you guys start off four straight, then you lose two straight to to Molar and the Elder, and then you rattle off five straight, including a huge win over Moler last week. Just to describe this team and give folks an idea of what this team makeup is all about.
Speaker 5: Defense Defensively, we came into the Iraqi with some really talented kids and we moved some really good offensive players to the defensive side of the ball, knowing that it was going to take time for our offense to develop and grow up. We have a starting quarterback, Jackson Fry, as a senior his first year in the system, and he's really grown over the year. And you know, it's one of those deals where you had young kids and experience, had a lot of spots and you were really keeping your fingers crossed that they would be they would grow up by week five. Unfortunately for us, it took us until about week eight to really start clicking offensively. But the defense has played really solid, and the offense is playing at a very high level now when they peaked when we needed to going into the playoffs, and I'm excited about this run. We played great, and I mean a great Elder High School football team tomorrow night, and it's going to be a great battle. But nothing's going to come easy, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask you, a coach, scout out that Elder team for us, what do you know? What do you see?
Speaker 5: I think their quarterback is as good a young quarterback as I've coached.
Speaker 13: Against in a while.
Speaker 5: I thought Man the quarterback for Mueller was off offul special. But don't lose sight of Cayden that step at Elder High School. I think he's only a junior. He can create with his feet, has great speed, he throws a great ball, a very catchable ball, and what a competitor. I love watching film with that kid. I hate preparing for him, but I really enjoy watching him play because he plays with a youthful exuberance you want to see from kids. You tell, you can tell he loves this game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no doubt.
Speaker 2: I actually Steve watched Kadan staid the quarterbacks highlights of the Princeton game and pretty good. I think he's you know, three hundred yards you know, I mean it was. He had a one heck of a night. A really really good athlete that can take off and run, can throw the ball.
Speaker 3: Well, he's going to.
Speaker 5: Be a problem, no, no problem. And you know, flip that to the other side of the ball and you have the same type of player. And Derek Iran, what a talented young man. I'm sad to see him not going to UC and flipping his commitment to Virginia, But you know what, a great talented young man, plays with a lot of passion. And ironically, his little brother is a every deserves season sophomore safety for US. He's a backup, but he plays on all our special teams. I'd like to see those two getting after it, maybe a little bit on some specials during the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw that the Uran brothers going at it, and I'm sure the uh, that's gotta be an interesting dinner table that.
Speaker 5: I thought the same thing, Rock, How crazy is that? And I think your older brother graduated from LISAL.
Speaker 2: I think that. I think that's actually accurate. Yeah, how about that full full circle?
Speaker 23: What what?
Speaker 3: What else?
Speaker 2: About the older team coach, What else are some of the things you guys got to take care of?
Speaker 5: Well, it's always, Uh, every Doug Ramsey coach team is incredibly well coached. Offensively, there they do some things that are very unorthodox. They'll give you a lot of formations, a lot of unbalanced set, a lot of movements and shifts, and they create mismatches. Uh. They've got a tremendous wide receiver in Jackson Ruth. He's a reminds me a lot of our our slot Alex McClatchy. He's maybe five and seventy pounds, but great quickness, really good speed, excellent route runner, and he really makes things happen running back, solid plays beyond a really big offensive line. I think they have one of the better left tackles that I've seen at the high school level. So offensively they pose a lot of problems with personnel and with schematics, and defensively rock they're a classic ben but don't break team. They don't give up very many explosive plays. I look watch film and it's very seldom you see receivers getting behind the secondary. So offensively, you've got to be patient. You've got to chip away, take what they give you, and be able to do it for a sustained period of time in order to come away with points.
Speaker 2: Steve guests and Steve, you've won four state titles. Compare this year's team and the makeup of the strengths the weaknesses is maybe some of those great state title teams you've had.
Speaker 5: Wow, I I that's a tough one.
Speaker 1: Rock Uh favorite kid.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's really hard because it's easy, you know, hindsight's twenty twenty, and it's easy to look back on the great teams that I've been blessed to be a part of and say, this is what made those teams great. These guys are still developing, you know. It's Uh, I don't know that it's fair to compare them to anybody. After the smoke clears and the season ends, I think I'll look back with a lot of pride I have. I'm awful proud of these kids. I'm awful proud of how hard they've worked, where they started, where they are now. And you know, that's one of the things I'd love to say, is you know, in nineteen ninety seven, I could have said I'm so proud of Rocky Boyman and his crew. Let's see where they are in thirty years from now. And I'm awful proud of where you are now, Rock, you know, I'd like to think that forty years from now we can look at all the kids and say, that's that's why we're successful. Look at what these guys are doing with their lives.
Speaker 1: So Coach, you got to also hats off to the Bengals and how and the county and everybody that's pushed for the saying, including my partner. Yeah, we're pushing.
Speaker 3: This through a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Bengals doing a solid is it's cheaper parking and whatnot, and at ticket prices are low. I mean, no excuse not to go to this thing, right, No.
Speaker 5: Absolutely what a great venue came the whole Brown family. Mike Brown's been fantastic for the city. You know, He's been great to Saint Aegor High School me in particular. The whole family's been great. Troy Blackburn, who's a ste X graduate in nineteen eighty five, has been great, you know, Zach Taylor's been off just everybody with the Bengals and the fact that they're going to open this up to high schools again because they've done it in the past. Is just phenomenal. I'm so excited for the city of Cincinnati and everybody, the community of Elder, community of Saint ax just a high school football community to be able to come out and witness the game at pay Corps. Really, I'm so appreciative of the Bengals in the county and everybody that got involved in rock you pushing this obviously was huge.
Speaker 2: Well look I saw today that so tickets went on sale yesterday at ten am. As of like twenty four hours so ten am today, I think are close to seventeen thousand had been sold, and you know there's gonna be many, many more.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a huge game.
Speaker 2: And coach, I'm certainly very very proud of you, you know that, and for all the things you do for all those boys at Saint X and youth football and high school football in general.
Speaker 3: But go have a great game.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a titanic battle out there that a lot of people are going to enjoy.
Speaker 3: But best of luck here on Friday, guys.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it. Thanks for having me on and thanks for taking time for all the great kids that play high school football in the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Coach you the best, thank you.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Uh, what a great guy, and what a great job. Obviously he does a great job. Man, He's one of the best.
Speaker 3: The best.
Speaker 2: So he was the defensive back coach. He came into Saint X my senior year. He was my secondary coach, right, so that's where I first got to know him, Like, this guy's unbelievable, right, and then I go to a Notre Dame. A couple of years later he becomes a defensive coordinator. A couple of years later he becomes a head coach.
Speaker 3: And you know, so I tell people all the time, you know, if you know me, you know my dad is far and away the number one male influence in my life, just in terms of you know what he means me. And I'd say the second person on that list is Steve Speck for just for all the great things he's done for me and for just young men in general. And uh, great guy. And again and Doug Ram he's a fantastic coach at Elder and that should be a great game and be real funman to watch.
Speaker 1: So what was what was Steve's background before he came to Saint X. Just curious because I so he local guy.
Speaker 2: He played, he played at Saint X and then he Oh god, where'd he go to college? I'll think of it here in a second. But then he came back coached, and I think he was he coached a little bit for that year or two that Urban Meyer was was here, and then he went off in the business world and you know, made money and all that, and just like many coaches, says, this is great, I'm making a lot of money, But I meant to coach football, right, And so he let all that go, came back in and he's been doing it again ever since. You know, he came back in my senior year nineteen ninety seven. He's been there and in one way, shape or for him ever since.
Speaker 1: Crazy crazy With that, we check in with traffic and weather. What is going on?
Speaker 7: Well from the uc Hell Traffic Center. Are you one of thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes? Get personalized education and treatment options from the experts at uc health. Learn more at ucahealth dot com. Good news seventy one southbound approaching Red Bank. That problem has finally cleared. All lanes are back open now. We do have the shoulder blocked on seven two seventy five westbound and Mosteller. It's on the right hand side this crash seventy four westbound of Coal rain accident blocks of right lane. Traffic is heavy from seventy five and we've got seventy five southbound from Montareing and Highway to Norwid lateral with about a twenty minute trip because of the ongoing construction. We're sewing from Glendale Milford. I'm rix Shramp news Radio seven hundred double d WELW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center forward and eyed clouds the lower forty five four to mile rain off and on all day the high of fifty four it is forty five. Now, news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 16: Open up our live stream on the iHeartRadio app and take a look at the screen. You see that little red circle with the microphone on it. That's our talkback feature. Push it and send us your thoughts on the current topic, something you think we should discuss, or Ladies, how much you love hearing my dreaming man voice. Yeah, the talkback feature. Check it out on seven hundred wlw's live stream on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 9: This report is sponsored by all State. Some people just know you could save money on car insurance by checking all State first. Those people are probably saving a car load of cash right now.
Speaker 1: Ay round about this time, rock and you know what that means.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's time to win some money and Christmas ride around the corner and the kids don't want this, they want that Neil Alectra's walking around cash.
Speaker 1: Say it has got money on the bangles. Let's talk to our good friend Jason Hoffin right now. Jason, we do last week. I always like to ask you that, first off.
Speaker 6: We did good.
Speaker 23: We went four and two with two pushes, so four two and two. And yeah, as you mentioned that Christmas fund is getting stocked up. And let's continue with this week.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, let's just start with a game tonight, A pretty good game Bills at Texans. But Bill's favored by six. Seemed to be that big, it'd be a lower line. But your thoughts.
Speaker 23: The Bills are the one team in this league that it's almost like the Joe Burrow Bengals at the end of last season. If Josh Allen is not Superman, they don't win. They've only won games this year where he scored three or more touchdowns. He accounts for seventy plus percent of their touchdowns, and the Texans are led by Dinko Ryans. Honestly, I don't like the six points here. If I had to take a spread, I'd still take the Bills because I think Josh Allen's going to be Superman tonight. I am more intrigued by the over than I am anything else.
Speaker 3: That over is what was forty five, I believe.
Speaker 23: Yet it opened at forty three and a half and it's gone up to forty five. But I'll take it as long as it stays under forty six and a half.
Speaker 3: All right, Now, another good game the Pittsburgh Steelers, who got the win over the Bengals last week against the seven and three Bears, who have won three straight. Yeah, that's uh. And they're favored by two and a half. The Bears are.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 23: I like Aaron Rodgers, who can be the unofficial mayor of the city of Chicago. I think he's going to play this week. And let's be honest, the Bears have to come back to reality at some point. You can't keep getting away with Cale Williams just doing crazy things in the fourth quarter and somehow winning. So give me the Steelers solid defensive performance, run the ball, control the clock, and they win out right and cover the two and a half.
Speaker 1: All right, Another game up north? How about Vikes at pack and Packer by last I saw six and a half.
Speaker 23: Yeah, I'm all over the Packers in this one for one main reason. Reports came out earlier today that the Vikings have inquired already about what it would take to get another quarterback or shoot, what's his name from the Falcons Kirk Cousins back in Minneapolis. Yeah, possibly with off season, which shows that they have zero trust in JJ McCarthy. And yeah, I think it's heading toward a dumpster fire there to end the season. So I'm all over the Packers.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, Vike's were a team early in the year, everyone had huge expectations, and look, once again it comes down to house a quarterback playing and JJ McCarthy, you know, just hasn't played well enough. Like you said, they don't seem to have much confidence in him moving forward. Another one, how about the Rocky Boyman Bowl, Colts at seats all got We've got the Chiefs minus three and a half and uh an over under of I'm seeing forty nine and a half.
Speaker 5: So number one.
Speaker 23: I like the under here and the reason why is the gent that leads the defense in Innieapolis is the Patrick Mahomes defensive whisperer. That would be Louis Ana Rumo, fired from the Bengals last year. They have that Chiefs defense humming, so I like his team coming off the buy to scheme up something against the Chiefs here. I also like the Colts. As much as I hate to say it, I like the Colts to win this game and put the Chiefs on life support for the rest of the year.
Speaker 2: Wow, that'd be interesting. Yeah, we have lost two straight, so Colts could could really.
Speaker 1: I just written an article that there down remember Field was in SI or USA today or something talking about the Chiefs. They haven't been in this matter shape in a long time. This is late in the season.
Speaker 3: I always feel like they'll get it together.
Speaker 2: But but you lose three straight though, that's that ain't go, specially with how good the Broncos are playing. Let's see, uh we got oh yeah, we got the one one I I saw here Browns Raiders the Battle of two and eight teams here right that I Eddie's Brown's I'm seeing what I over under of four minus four with the Raiders.
Speaker 23: Yeah, welcome or congratulations NFL fans, this is your stinker Bowl of the week. Unless you're a dedicated fan of either team. If you watch this game, you're an absolute sicko. So I'm gonna taken.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll be watching.
Speaker 23: Yeah, but I'm gonna I'm gonna take the Browns just because they have the better complete roster, I think. But the main play in this game, I don't care what the number is is the under because I don't think either offense is going to put up more than a touchdown or two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this has a real twelve to ten possibility, right twelve? Yeah, and Sudor Sanders is this going to start? Does that correct? That's the last I heard.
Speaker 23: Yeah, they put that out this morning. He's going to start.
Speaker 1: Well, good luck to him. He's two hundred thousand dollars poorer after he got his house Rodways playing last week. Oh yeah, how about the next one? Eagles at Cowboys Eagles by three with an over last I saw forty seven and a half.
Speaker 23: Yeah, the Cowboys have snuck up on some people. They're making a playoff run right now. Jerry Jones does not look as dumb as everyone made him out to be when he made that Micah Parsons trade earlier in the year.
Speaker 6: A great call, Yeah, Cowboys.
Speaker 23: The Cowboys are playing some stout defense up front. They slow down their best at slowing down what Philadelphia does the best, which is run the ball. I like this to be a close game. I'm gonna take the Cowboys plus the points here.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, now here's an interesting one just from a line standpoint. The Tampa Bay Bucks at the La Rams, and I'm seeing Rams minus seven, and of course they're eight and two and maybe one of the best teams in the NFL. The Bucks, though, they've lost two straight, but I mean one was to the Pats and the other was to the Bills. They've lost to some some good teams here, and I thought Tino was really playing well for most of the year. What do you see in this one with the Rams minus seven?
Speaker 23: I don't like that line at all. I'm gonna take the Bucks plus the points just because the Rams only go as Matthew Stafford goes. And I think the Bucks defense is going to dial up something this week too. I won't say stop, but maybe limit the Rams offense, and I like the I like the Bucks to keep this with them a touchdown. So I'm gonna take the Bucks plus the points.
Speaker 1: All right, and one more before we get to the Bengals the Monday night game, just because we always have to do the Monday night game. Panthers at forty nine ers seeing the Niners by seven here.
Speaker 23: Yeah, the Panthers are one of the surprise teams this year. If you remember, before Michael Pennox went down, they beat I believe it was either thirty to three or thirty to ten. They beat the Falcons. The Panthers they're turunning upward, and I like them to go in there and again another game where they may not win, but they'll keep it close within the touchdowns. So I like the Panthers plus the points here too.
Speaker 3: In one college game here, we gotta get the Bengals, right. Sorry, yeah, sorry, I skipped ahead there, go ahead Jays.
Speaker 1: With the Pats of Bengals and at the Pats by seven and a half.
Speaker 3: Last I saw.
Speaker 23: If you can tell me that Joe Burrow is going to play safety and quarterback and slow down Drake May on Sunday, then maybe I'll take the Bengals, but right now, until this defense shows that could stop Elders Doug Ramsey's offensive, Elder, I can't take him in any game, no matter what the points are. So I'd have to got Patriots. As negative as that sounds, you tell me if you've seen anything that leads you to believe they're going to slow down one of the best offenses in football.
Speaker 1: And what do you think about that over of fifty as the last I saw. That's a big number man.
Speaker 23: That I don't like that solely because Jamar Chase isn't playing. If Jamar was going to be able to play and not suspended, I would take the overall day. But I don't know how they manufacture offense with t Higgins and then andre Yosavashan after that, roll the dice on who you might have plan wide receiver.
Speaker 2: All right, a few college games of interest? How about this when USC at Oregon. USC's eight and two, of course they got beat by the Iris. Would they play at Oregon? I mean, if USC could go up there, and I don't think they're going to do it, but if they could do that and beat Oregon, hey, that hurts Oregon's chances and be you know, keeps USC alive in this thing. But I'm seeing Oregon minus nine and a half.
Speaker 23: Yeah, Oregon almost every year is due for one home loss. That is just bad for their season. They already had that against Indiana when Indiana went there and just beat the crap out of them. I don't dislike USC, but I just don't see them covering in this game. I think Oregon wins by ten or fourteen. And yes, Rock, you're irish. Put it on them, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: And let me ask you, there has to be a line on it. I don't know if you know it or not. Well the Saint X Elder line. Is there a line on that? I'm just scarious, you know, I don't have that stuff works.
Speaker 23: Look, so you can't leave that on high school football. But there is if you, if you follow people in the X verse, twitter verse, whatever you want to call it, there is a gentleman of Cleveland. His handle is Golfer Underscore eighteen spelled backwards, so it's free flogged underscore eighteen. He puts out weekly high school lines. Now he does it on a he does it on a yellow legal pad, and it's hilarious. We all have fun with it. But the line on this game, with Elder meeting st X by ten earlier and year at Saint X a couple of key injuries to Elder, the line here should be st X minus three and a half. But given the weather weather predictions, I don't know I'd go under on this. I think it's gonna be one of those crazy tough nows GCL South battles that we all love. I'm gonna go st X wins fifteen to nine.
Speaker 6: Wow, crazy bring.
Speaker 23: The three yards and a cloud of dust type.
Speaker 1: Battle, puddle of mud.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah it was. It wasn't on turf for sure.
Speaker 1: Uh, all right with that, Jase, We will let you go, buddy, Thanks so much.
Speaker 23: Hey Jens. Let's go make some money and have some fun this week.
Speaker 3: Grace, Thanks Jase.
Speaker 1: Jay stuck to you next week. And yeah, that is if they were playing a uh dirt tomorrow, good lord man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little little wet, but there's me warm so cold and rain come out, just regular rain and good time with you. That's fine.
Speaker 1: So you're not gonna be able to make it the game though, but little well, it depends on the weather.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, a little bit, you know, we've got five year old and stuff. But yeah, I had good, good chance. The Rocks will be there, lots of uh, you know, extended Boyman family will be there.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I gotta get the fam out for that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's it's just so fun to see that the the communities come behind it. And we talked to Coach Spect earlier and it's like the fact that the Bengals have really made this happen in the county. Everybody came together and including you, got behind this thing and everybody pushed and had it, had it happen. I think it's great.
Speaker 3: No, it is good. Yeah, a game like that deserves a big venue and you know, for the kids to play there, and even the fans come down, you know, and there's probably people that can't can't make it to a Bengals game, right, we can go down to pay Corps and still watch a really really good football game, enjoy that great facility.
Speaker 1: So cool, big weekend here in the big town with sports. We got uh the Bearcats and Cardinals. Yes at Heritage smoor night yep, at Heritage, we got the football game at Paul or at Paul Brown pay Corps. Then on Sunday. We got the Bengals game, Big big to get out and support your city. Come on, you can't walk down the street without tripping over a football or a basketball player. Come on now, right with that, we jick in with traffic and weather. What is going on going on?
Speaker 7: From the UCA Health Traffic Center. Are you one of thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes? Could personalized education and treatment options from the experts at you see health Learn more at ucehealth dot com. Police on the scene of an accident at you seventy five. This is westbound and Mosteller. It's off on the right shoulder and our cleanup continues. Southbound seventy five is still sluggish as you make your way around the legg And Highway down to Norwood Lateral about a twenty minute trip. Heavy traffic from Glendale Milford and seventy five northbound Mitchell to Paddock about a ten minute drive. Or stop and go southbound seventy five to two from Western Avenue to the Brent Spence and winter In at West Goldbreath. An accident and vehicle fire still being attended to there and seventy five makes that seventy one southbound Fields hurdle two Red Bank is still about a twenty minute trip, still some residual delay from an earlier accident. My bricks ship Produce Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for nied clouds, the lower forty five four tomorrow rain off and on all day the high of fifty four it is forty five. Now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: Ruddie Boyman and Lance McAllister have all the hooday you can handle during the Roundtable show tonight at six on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best wingles covering.
Speaker 9: This report is sponsored by super Sure.
Speaker 10: Do you own a small business? You need to hear this. A seismic shift is coming. It's time to get super sure. Not kind of sure, not pretty sure, not a little sure, but super sure.
Speaker 13: It's so exciting.
Speaker 1: Super Sure coming soon.
Speaker 6: Another summer is ended and you may have noticed that your energy is lowering. Your workouts aren't as productive. Perhaps you aren't sleeping as well and feel foggy all the time. Maybe even your sex drive is off. This is Jeff for Tri State Men's Health and if you're experiencing some or all of these symptoms. It's likely you have low testosterone and if that's what's going on with you, don't wait. You need to call us at Tri State Men's Health and get treated for your low TEE because living with low testosterone is no way to live. With our low T treatments, if you're like most guys, your life will change considerably. Improve sleep, better energy, greater gains in the gym, better mental clarity, and your sex drive will likely improve as well. Plus most men see these results in just a few weeks, so call us. Your initial visit is just ninety nine dollars and includes PSA and T test and a medical consult And if you start on testosterone the day of your appointment, your visit is free. Call eight hundred nine hundred nine to sixty five four or go to Tri Statemenshealth dot com. We have six offices in the Tri State area to serve you. Try skateboard Buyers, Build Black Friday, shamp.
Speaker 1: All right back with Eddie and Rocky a little while longer. We got to get you out of here, Hoskin.
Speaker 3: Yeah sir, right, A big round the table show about it.
Speaker 5: We do.
Speaker 1: We always like to talk to our friends at ABC in this case, it's Christian Cordero and Christian Surprising jobs report today, yes or no.
Speaker 26: Yes, a lot of surprises today. Agreed to be with you guys. So we started off with a lot of really good news.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 26: The latest report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics showed one hundred and nineteen thousand jobs added in September, which far exceeded expectations and was a higher trend than what we had seen in previous months so far this year, on average, it was about one hundred thousand. There's a couple of caveats to that, but overall, really really strong news. One of the caveats, of course, being the fact that September feels now like a little while ago in the sense that a lot has happened or not happened within the jobs market. So but overall, you know, it seems like the fact that it beat expectations was taken with open arms, so to speak.
Speaker 3: I think it's a pleasant surprise, Christian, because even those probably isn't realistic. But I just feel like, and Eddie and I talk about in the show all the time, everyone feels like AI is taking every job right. Every day. It's more and more and more, and it's probably not that harsh of a situation, but I know it is happening. So the fact that, yeah, one hundred and twenty thousand jobs added in a month, that's pretty decent.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 26: And on the AI point, you know, Nvidia released their earnings today and they showed some blockbuster earnings indicating or at least suggesting that there is still this really big appetite for growth. You know, it kind of calms some fears that maybe there's a bubble that is going to soon burst. That very well could happen in the future, but it doesn't seem like something that's necessarily concerning investors right now. It is worth saying, though that the Dow, you know, it started off really strong today and then it gave up a seven hundred point game. So I think kind of the overall name of the game right now is uncertainty. And there's a lot of people who are feelings whiplash a bit. But you know, you take the good news when it comes.
Speaker 1: Christian Cordero is is our is our guest, And Christian, what's the big the big new or whatever the new economic news is going to be? What would be the report would be waiting.
Speaker 26: For next Well, we have a FED rate cut that's expected, or at least a rate meeting within the FED that's expected in the next couple of weeks. And it's going to be really tricky because by and large, you know, people weren't expecting the FED to perhaps have one more rate cut by the end of the year by a quarter of a percentage point. And we know that that affects the cost of borrowing money so overall, you know, loans and debts as consumers look to buy high ticket items. But because the jobs market performed better than expected in September, it's a little counterintuitive here maybe, but that doesn't necessarily help the case for the THAN to cut rates. So they might, you know, FED chair to Repel might be hesitant going into this next meeting to cut rates because the jobs market is not indicating that that is necessary.
Speaker 4: Usually rate cuts.
Speaker 26: Come when the market or when the economy in certain parts of it are performing less than lower than expected. But you know, and it's a combination of a few factors, jobs being one of them, inflation being another, so on and so forth. So because of the September job support that might affect a lack of rate cuts in the next meeting.
Speaker 23: But we'll see is there.
Speaker 1: A particularly strong sector that's being reported here? Is it just across the board, because we're always talking about rock and IRA is talking about seems that more and more trade jobs are becoming fashionable, as like Brock was saying, AI takes.
Speaker 26: Over more and more sure And I mean you also think about the costs of going to college, right, and a lot of families realizing that that's not really worth fit and they're probably right in many cases. It's hard to boil it down to, you know, are these certain kinds of jobs or the other, but we can kind of categorize it into industry. So jobs that were added by and large included the healthcare industry, food services and drinking places that you think like overall, food and restaurants, and social assistance. Job losses in September occurred in transportation and warehousing, and in the federal government. And that last point, it's important to note that the government shut down didn't start until October first, right, So that's where there's a little bit of hesitancy in reading too much into the September jobs report, because we know in October it was a really top jobs market, and we're still in November right now as it's starting to rebound.
Speaker 1: All right. With that, Christian, we will let you go, thanks so much, Thank you, all right, Rock and other employment related news. Now, this is something I've always wanted to do here because since I've worked for this company which started backing, well if you counted all you know, accumulated time I started working here with at EBN in nineteen eighty five, I had that little break in here a little bit. But I think I have about four thousand sick days or something. I don't know. I think I've taken and all that time, I think I've taken like maybe three sick days really, and that's like not being a.
Speaker 3: See you taken me.
Speaker 2: Whenever you are going to retire, you could just retire like four months at hour, I mean.
Speaker 1: Just retired a year twenty eight. Yeah, right, this apparently that's what this woman's doing. A court in Germany has ruled that an unnamed teacher there who has been on sick leave for sixteen years.
Speaker 3: Hey, if you can keep getting away with it.
Speaker 1: They she must now prove that she is indeed sick. Since two thousand and nine, the female teacher has been drawing her full salary in spite of not working at all.
Speaker 2: Hear that little time sometimes, you know, there's there's some paperwork and it just kind of misses people and it just keeps on going.
Speaker 1: When the education authority and whatever the I can't even say it, Germany demanded that she take a medical test, she sued them.
Speaker 3: How dare you question whether I haven't been sick for sixteen years?
Speaker 1: But the court ruled her case truly incomprehensible and ruled that the employer had the right to call for the test. The president of the state's teachers' union called her behavior quote completely abysmal. Now see whit you can't do anything about that, you know what I'm saying. They can't as a union say you're out.
Speaker 3: Well, unions get funny, man. You know, they protect their own at all costs. And you know I understand that to some degree. But here these stories all the time. That's you know, like, folks, are you know, drawing social security? That's what Trump has gone after with dojohon. If folks you're receiving social Security, they've been dead for you know, fifteen years kind of thing, or haven't been born, you know, I mean, all kinds of things get get caught up, and there's little glitches in the system, and if you know how to kind of play it a little bit and you can get away with it. You know, if you act like everything's normal, you stay under the radar a little bit and get away with it.
Speaker 1: Sixteen years though, man, that's big.
Speaker 3: That's that's a lot. I mean, I can understand, okay, a couple of months go by, but.
Speaker 1: Hey, now this is a story I meant to do, but he kind of got away from us. Over the Labor Day, people in Colorado hiked up a fourteen thousand foot plus mountain. When they got up there, you know, you're like, we've achieved the side. When they got up there, they found a guy sitting in a camping chair wearing an ice cream cone costume and sunglasses with a fake mustache.
Speaker 5: He was an.
Speaker 1: Unnamed man who had hauled up ice cream sandwiches in a pack with dry ice.
Speaker 3: Now there's something you don't expect you you would.
Speaker 1: See, you think. One hiker dubbed him legend dairy Oh for yeah, for rewarding climbers with this sweet treat. Ice cream was just kind of what we wanted, said one of the climbers. Griffin said he later said this guy that they're talking to, Blaine. Griffin said he saw the man zooming down the mountain once the ice cream was gone, but he'd had taken off his ice cream cone costume.
Speaker 3: What a weird thing. So those hiking people are weird, though in a good way. But you know, a little out there, I should say, not weird.
Speaker 1: But think of that. You know, you're you think you're this is one of the proudest achievements of your life. Yeah, and here's some dude that climbed up there with with a backpack full of ice cream sandwiches wearing an ice cream costs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like you're making a mockery of your achievement.
Speaker 3: You've worked your whole life.
Speaker 1: Again, I was really proud of myself now that that guy's up.
Speaker 3: Walked up here one day. Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 1: That's why exactly what would happen to me?
Speaker 23: I would?
Speaker 1: Well, deb was telling the stories. She tells it before she ran a u when we were in she did it with team and training here in town, and she ran a marathon in Bermuda and the thing in Bermuda was that it's so small. It's twice around the island, and she had run the New York Marathon not too long before that, so she was in no shape to do that. So she got so she got to the halfway point. We're out there cheering her on and she's she's crying and hobbling. I was like, dude, stop now, stop now, yeah.
Speaker 5: And she.
Speaker 1: I was like, there's no shame here, and so she'd be like okay, and there was a bar right there. We took her and bought her a beer, and she said, well, I'm gonna go back to the hotel because we're gonna because the NFL playoffs were on. She goes, I'll run back to the hotel and take a shower and I'll be back. So she comes back and it's like whatever an hour later, and so we're sitting at this bar and all of a sudden, people outside are like yeah, yeah, going nuts, and so we all run out there to see what was going on. And here was like this eighty seven year old lady on like with a cane, who was finishing the twenty six miles and I'm looking at her, going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a one in a million.
Speaker 1: She probably does this all the time. With that we had to traffic and weather. What's going on.