Speaker 1: Hey, Tato, seven's morning.
Speaker 2: So here we are.
Speaker 3: It's almost Christmas. A week from today, it's Christmas? How about that? A week from today, I'll be fifty five years old. Ben, it's over, Johnny fifty five in a week fifty five.
Speaker 1: So high Wave fifty fifty five, Man fifty five?
Speaker 4: What are you gonna do for your birthday? Celebrate Christmas?
Speaker 3: I'm going to coconuts. You can't ask me if I want to go to coconutsers?
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Is that you know that coconutsers?
Speaker 1: He asked me about nine times a day.
Speaker 4: I guess that's just mispronounced. You know that rise shirt?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that I currently have on one of the bars is like coconut thiasers or teasers.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you don't know how How is it spelled? He doesn't know how to spell teasers?
Speaker 4: How can we see it? How is it spelled? Let's see it, We show us. Why do you think it's now?
Speaker 3: I get it now, I know why you're saying it. It's yeah, it's a bar, a very famous bar coconut teasers.
Speaker 5: When AJ made the shirt, he just wins, like looked up all the bars that were popular when Hawk's band was touring and said, the word is teasers.
Speaker 6: You just thought it was pronounced as it's spelled, But it's spelled correctly.
Speaker 7: You actually are just joking and not hang on coconuts.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, are you trying to Oh you're a herb's cute.
Speaker 4: On the back.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, coconut teaser. It's spelled incorrectly. Like that's probably how the bar was. Actually, Wow, how would you say the palomino?
Speaker 1: Hey, do me a favorite before you try to put that shirt back on? Taking nap because you wore yourself right out.
Speaker 5: No, it's I don't long story, It's really not it is.
Speaker 1: Why is it a long story?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What what's so long about this story? You just told it.
Speaker 1: Because of the splinter in your heel?
Speaker 4: Is that is that been rectified yet stolen your foot?
Speaker 1: No it's not.
Speaker 4: It's a different type of splinter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you about splinter the rat.
Speaker 5: What's the long story? So yesterday you woke up yesterday I was at Maynard's doing your game and my wife goes to bed, so I said, hey, I so I don't have to come in. So you're all propped up because she, you know, had her wisdom teeth taking out, Would you grab a sweatshirt for me out of the closet in our room and so I can wear it tomorrow? So I have to open it up, turn the light on while she and the dogs are sleeping.
Speaker 1: She brought her friends over.
Speaker 4: Like, amall, this doesn't fit me?
Speaker 5: No, it's probably a four X, but it doesn't fit well. And it took me a while, and I didn't want you guys to see my I got, so I tried to no matter what I got.
Speaker 6: So, but the headline here is that that is not a normal sized shirt that you would wear.
Speaker 4: No, I would never wear that. Then why does she give it to you?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: I think no, I think she was doesn't realize how rapidly I gained way.
Speaker 6: Is it maybe just a subtle note like try to fit into this as quickly as possible because we're going to costa Rica.
Speaker 4: You are? We are? I just didn't know if you and her were No, she is? Yeah, you're right. That was a worthless story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all my stories are pointless and dumb, So I'm sorry. Amount of breath taking my shirt off?
Speaker 4: We were in? Was that Nick Madden's office? Where were we? We were in Barb's office.
Speaker 5: A day or two ago, where Saw starts telling a story with about six details that everybody knew immediately had nothing to do with the rest.
Speaker 4: Of the story, and he goes, He goes, I'm sorry, I add too many details. I'm trying to get better at that.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 5: We're like, and of course every thing he said was like, so I went to Costco because I needed rice because my wife.
Speaker 4: We like rice. We like to eat it for dinner.
Speaker 5: We're like, for God's sakes, we understand how people eat.
Speaker 4: What happened, I'm sorry, I'm trying to get better. I hadn't too many details.
Speaker 1: I like, he talks to you like there might be a trivia game.
Speaker 5: It sounds like it's an Agatha Christie novel and they're red Herring sending us down the wrong path.
Speaker 4: And he was eating but he ate rice? Is that normal? I'm not sure. I'm going to write that down and save that note for later.
Speaker 1: I appreciate because often I'm like, I wonder why his wife likes rice?
Speaker 4: Right, Oh, it's just to survive.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she has to eat. God has got that. We would probably need to know later on. Yes, painting a fuller picture for all of us. Maybe not, it's not relevant today, but it might be relevant.
Speaker 4: Oh it's a sweatshirt. Did we think his sweater story was pretty? I'll actually confused. I mean it was relatively short. It was relatively short. I wouldn't take it off.
Speaker 1: I thought he might have a bron does your does your wife still have the job row?
Speaker 4: Yeah? The job?
Speaker 8: Ra?
Speaker 4: How many days? Two or three days with the job? Ra? Think today is the last? Say she has to wear it? Have you ever heard of that?
Speaker 9: Ben?
Speaker 4: The job raw? Yeah?
Speaker 6: You wear it around your jaw and you it has like ice packs.
Speaker 4: For after you get your wisdom teeth out on what's called the job ra? Yeah? We didn't have those things when I was I got when we were young. No no job, no job raw. So one more day? Yeah? Then where does it go? I don't know? The garbage? What a waste of a job ra? What are you sticking the freezer? Leaving the freezer? Yeah? Put it on once in a while, just for a goo over my head. Wrap it around your sack?
Speaker 1: Yeah, do that?
Speaker 4: I mean, it's not wrong. I'm sorry, I'm not good at this.
Speaker 2: Sauce.
Speaker 4: Sauce what would that be called if that's where you put it.
Speaker 2: A ball bra.
Speaker 5: Man a sack stash, A stash sackash.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man.
Speaker 7: I like ball brat a literation too, Yeah ball bro, Yeah, so does Tommy.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That way you don't have to do like cold plunges. You just get all the benefits just by wrapping those suckers up in the Yeah ball bra. Yeah there you go. Yeah, all right, let's two fan five. Let's pay off this tease.
Speaker 10: Time for five on the power Trip builders and remodelers.
Speaker 4: Thank you, heys philis Remodelers.
Speaker 5: The coconut teaser that I had before the break Ben was that Justin Jefferson has one hundred and sixty eight yards to go to get to a thousand, and it sounds like KOs does not want to have that come up short on his watch, doesn't want to be responsible for an offense.
Speaker 6: I couldn't get just In to one thousand. Can't blame him. You take this going. Justin's one of the all time greats. One hundred and sixty eight yards to go over the next three games. Power trop Betts posted on two I did in fact check this, but he's pretty good, he's pretty connected.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's pretty connected.
Speaker 6: I believe he said JJ is averaging forty four yards a game when McCarthy's the quarterback. Three games to go Giants, what is it? Lions and Packers? Yeah, does Justin Jefferson get one hundred and sixty eight yards total in these last three games?
Speaker 4: Yes? Yeah, I'm definitely taking the over on that. Take the over. Yeah, is this week?
Speaker 5: His sauce one of sauces strong takes was this week is the week he really has to rack it up, Like this has to be the big week at the three.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, against this defense kind of like we talked about, like they literally have nothing to play for, and I don't think their defensive line is going to be as formidable as it has been in the regular season, like early in the season. So you should have even with their offensive line injuries, you should have time to throw the football. And I think that maybe we should be putting him in the in the nailor spot, so Naylor's run the Naylor's running the disc routes and pulling coverage and leaving Justin Jefferson wide open. Because if we're if we're now in this quote unquote progression read offense that everybody is talking about even Kirk Cousins had a great breakdown of that yesterday. Then don't put Justin on the deeper routes because it's never gonna get there. Is he gonna take too long. Put him on the short intermediate routes that were where McCarthy's gonna see him and get the ball out quick. So I'm sure that they've already probably done that.
Speaker 1: I bet they are.
Speaker 7: I'm sure they are, But I know I'm like being really simplistic with it. But if you're like really trying to get him over that thousand mark threshold, then find ways like that to give him the ball creative.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, last week eight targets, so they wait to him but only two catches.
Speaker 7: Well, and the thing is, he did drop that touchdown. I'm not I'm not putting any of that on McCarthy Like I was. I personally was was standing in the back of the end zone to watch that play unfold. And he turns his head right when the ball's kept like still in his hand. It's coming out of his hand, so he had plenty of time to pick up the ball from the release, Like, I don't care if that ball is coming one thousand miles an hour. Like, you're one of the best wide receivers ever. You catch that ball and it wasn't from it wasn't from five yards away. I mean that ball traveled probably twenty five yards to.
Speaker 4: Get to his hands.
Speaker 7: So yeah, it's a flat out drop. So I mean it's not always on McCarthy.
Speaker 6: And McCarthy's seen his receivers have a handful of those. No pun attended this year, right, Addison's drops and McCarthy passes. Hockinson has, Jefferson definitely has. They've had a lot of drops. Hasn't helped, Right, We've said it a thousand times. You got to help the kid out, especially when he was struggling. Now that he's playing a little bit better.
Speaker 3: Sure, speaking of jaj, play you some audiocens I loaded it in JJ Max says the game is finally slowing down for him.
Speaker 11: Obviously the more reps you see, the live bullets, But like I talked about, the overall understanding of the offense, it slows everything down tremendously because you're not using that extra thinking of you know, the balls snapped, I have it in my hands, is he running that route? So it eliminates those split second kind of miscues and processing that's helped tremendously throughout the year.
Speaker 4: There you go, Yeah, I like it me too well.
Speaker 6: You talk Vikings with Tom Pello Sero in the second dot Com Tom, thanks for our friends at Bellbank. After this, more with Ben Lieber. One more segment to go, Power Trip Morning Show. After this on the Family.
Speaker 1: Do Do Do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, welcome back Power Trip Morning Show. You know your little Power Trip Morning Show. I'm gonna talk about it over and over again because you know why not. December twenty seven sink Cloud Pioneer Place tickets available Chris Hockey Band. We've been leaded about five or seven shows a year and this is one of them. Tickets available sink Cloud.
Speaker 4: What time will that be?
Speaker 3: We go on to seven thirty on Saturday, December twenty seventh, Come on out watch it. We'll put together some very special songs, special set list.
Speaker 4: So that's be fine.
Speaker 3: I wonder you should have asked character in the break if dot Com Tom is with us yet, because he joins on the old stream yard.
Speaker 4: You know we got him.
Speaker 6: She's good at this. Plus she knows how to work technology. She gets it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, he looks like he's gonna curb somebody today. He does.
Speaker 4: He does. Yeah, he would never do that.
Speaker 3: You think that's true, But it's Christmas time and he gets very aggravated this time of year.
Speaker 10: I was just thinking, No, you caught me when I was going, huh, all these years of knowing you Hawk, and you've never invited me to play with the band. That's hey, he plays guitar some friend.
Speaker 4: Wow. Yeah, he's the guitar player for any remember point. You know, I nailed it.
Speaker 3: I don't even have an excuse all the I'll like, I'll say this. December twenty seventh, sat Clown Pioneer Place. You're free, It's a Saturday. Come on down, you can play guitar.
Speaker 2: I'll be wide open on a Saturday, and I bet you will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look at you, the number one dad sipping Tom.
Speaker 4: You've played on stage at First Avenue, correct.
Speaker 10: First Avenue, yep, Seventh Street, Entry, among other places.
Speaker 4: It's pretty cool, pretty pretty, so many places. He's just like some other places. You know, I got a laundry list of places. I mean, are you gonna star?
Speaker 2: What would what would top that? In the Twin Cities?
Speaker 10: Like I'm not playing, you know, not like US Bank versus First ALF.
Speaker 2: I'd rather play First Aff.
Speaker 4: No, First ALF is this spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there aren't many places on the planet I'd rather play than First Avenue.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Maybe Red Rocks and that's it. Yeah, that's about it.
Speaker 1: That'd be it.
Speaker 4: Have played Red Rocks yet, I've not.
Speaker 10: I've not played Red Rocks. I've been to the Palladium, have not played there. So Willie Nelson and Bob Dylan there, but no, I've not not been on stage. But short list, you.
Speaker 9: Know, let's do it together. Tom, how are you and the yuke? Can you play the ukulele? It's more or less the same thing. I would just need to work on my dainty finger work.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh you mean both brother Yeah, I love dainty finger works.
Speaker 4: Yeah. What kind of.
Speaker 1: Actra plays on?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Fender strat?
Speaker 1: Oh you like the strat?
Speaker 4: Very cool?
Speaker 1: What do you got?
Speaker 10: I don't know how I could say. I bought it twenty years ago, same one all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, you got a cool pedal or two on his bicycle?
Speaker 10: Got it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I got one of those you know, whatever you call him. I don't even know all the terms, you know, I just show up in rock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, man self taught. He's a purist, self taught or not self taught.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I never never had a lesson.
Speaker 6: Wow, right, all right, let's talk Viking to the Giants. Let me let me ask you quickly because we don't need to dwell on it because we just debated it the last segment and yesterday. But justin Jefferson obviously has not had his best season, probably a little frustrated, even though he's been pretty classy about it publicly, trying to get to a thousand. Do you think he gets to one sixty eight over these last three games? One hundred and sixty eight yards to go.
Speaker 10: You'd hope, although the recent weeks would suggest that that's not a lock by any stretch. They're going up against one of the worst defenses in the NFL this week with the Giants. You know, I don't think that, you know, Kevin and the rest of the coaching chaff are oblivious to not getting a football as much here.
Speaker 2: You know, you're not going to force it to them.
Speaker 10: I mean, they've never been that type of an offense, but certainly out anticipate they've got some things to try to get the ball into in justice hands start this week.
Speaker 7: How do you assess Let's just let's forecast, as you mentioned that the Giants have won the worst defenses. Let's just forecast that McCarthy goes out and has another really solid game. How do you look at the last three games then against those defenses, like is that all part of the formula or do you look at it like, hey, the kid is actually starting to figure it out regardless of the defense he's playing against.
Speaker 10: Well all season, I think if you go back the Vikings, regardless it was a quarterback, they've beaten up on, you know, the bad defenses, which is what you should do. They put up, you know, a bunch of points on on Cincinnati. Obviously Detroit's been not the best defensively this season, and obviously they got to win against them. Washington's been terrible. You're doing what you're supposed to do. You still have to go out and execute it. Here getting concerned if they weren't scoring points, you know, on some of these opponents. Dallas in the you know, in the same boat there and the Giants is certainly gonna be on that list as well. When it comes to JJ, I feel like every week we've talked about this, the entire season, it's just everybody breathe, let's just see kind of where this thing goes. And you know, I certainly, you know, keep seeing people, you know, writing it was such a disaster and the move and they blew it not bringing back Darnold or Daniel Jones. And I've been through that many times in terms of, you know, the efforts, particularly on Daniel Jones that they made to bring him back. But you know, this is kind of the JJ McCarthy that they were they were hoping to see. There's a ton that they need to work on. Mechanically, you're not going to do all that at once. But playing his unique, you know style, he's gone out and he's been effective. You know, when he's been good, it's been really good. And so to see him stack a couple of performances for the first time in his career is certainly a positive. He's four and four as the starter. I know it's not been perfect, but you know, for a guy who has missed a lot more time than he's played still over his first two NFL seasons, you know, he's had eight games out there. He got hurt in two of them and finished off the games, but you know.
Speaker 2: Four wins four losses.
Speaker 10: This is kind of just the ride that you're on with the young quarterbacks. So let's see how he finishes. If you go and you take care of business against the Giants, which is not a given. They still do have talent on that team. They're still playing hard. They just haven't been able to close out any games. But if you go take care of business, then all of a sudden, it's all right. The Lions the Packers in these last two, both those teams, you know, Penny, whatever happens to this weekend with Detroit, but both those teams probably are going to have a lot on the line in those games.
Speaker 2: You know, finish strong, play well in your division.
Speaker 10: All those would be, you know, a nice springboard moving forward, even though I would expect that the constitution of the quarterback room has altered at least someone in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 5: Tom, We've seen a lot of ups and downs with Christian Darisod this season. Do you think that with the status of the team and not being in the playoffs, do you think they're a chance they shut him down for the rest of the year.
Speaker 2: They haven't done it yet, Sauce. You know, with Christian Darisaw.
Speaker 10: And I'll choose my words carefully on this, but there's a lot of times the players when they come off of significant injuries, and it becomes as much of a mental thing as a physical thing. And I'm not implying that his knee isn't having, you know, after effects from the surgery. However, you know, there's also something to be said for all right, if I'm not one hundred percent, do I feel like I can push myself forward. If you're just getting out there every week and it's a grind and you don't feel quite right, that can weigh on people here. And so with Darisaw, this back and forth that you've seen in terms of he's playing, but he's not full. Now he's full, now, he got to ease off him. Now he's out again. That has all the classic hallmarks of a guy who right now isn't really confident in his body to get through games. When Darisaw is on, he's still one of the better left tackles in the NFL. But you know, from from everything that I can tell and just watching him play and knowing the dynamics of these situations, it seems like this is also you know, Darisaw may have some reluctance to really continue to push forward, as you said, in a you know, a season where they're not going to make the playoffs here if he feels like he's not one hundred percent, and so everybody's involved in those in those decisions whether or not he's going to be on the field, We'll see, does he decide to get back out there for a couple of division games, does he not play again. I don't know that it's gonna be a full shutdown again because he doesn't have an acute injury right now. He just doesn't feel quite right, and so everybody's gonna have to make some decisions about whether or not he's on the field.
Speaker 7: Do you have any insight when we're sticking with injuries? You know, we have Ryan Kelly's banged up again, Brian O'Neil's banged up again, and we also, you know, everybody knows the news about JG and mattelis like, are there other injury concerns that we need to be made aware of and who do you think is going to be actually available for this game this weekend.
Speaker 10: It's a good question, because again, you know there's there's guys who are going to fight through things. You know, like Brian O'Neil is a perfect example of he's always going to want to play, He's going to want to be on the field. But at some point it's like, is that the best thing for the organization?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 2: Moving forward?
Speaker 10: To be quite honest, based on where the Vikings are right now in the standings, I haven't checked on on those injuries significantly through the course of this week. You know, certainly again that they're going out there to play. There's still jobs on the line for players, for other people. You know, you're still going out and you're trying to finish strong and what's been a really, really frustrating season where everything kind of went sideways.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 10: You know, we'll monitor, you know, certainly, just see kind of who's on the field, but I would anticipate anybody who's healthy, anybody who's one hundred percent is going to be out there. It's just you know, the Grenards of the world. It's like, you're fighting through things and at some point, you know, all right, let's just have the surgery and let's move forward to twenty twenty six.
Speaker 7: You know, I want to ask you two about Harrison Smith. I think that, you know, thankfully, he got a lot of flowers for the way that he performed this last game, more so just the way that he helped move that defense around pre snap. But you know, know Pa was talking about how he's what one sack away from from he and Rendez barb would be the only two guys with a number of sacks interceptions. All that being said, great milestone, it'd be awesome to have that in the record books. But like, if the season ends right now and he's he's done, is he's is he a lock for the Hall of Fame regardless of these like kind of outrageous numbers that he'd put up with, the would tire Rendez Barber.
Speaker 10: I try to be as objective as I can, but I have some bias with Harrison just because I've covered him his whole career.
Speaker 2: I've gotten to know him. You know, he's one of my favorite guys.
Speaker 10: To catch up with in the locker room or pregame. You know, in my mind, he's a Hall of Famer because of the numbers, Like the numbers don't lie. He's had production unlike most safeties in NFL history. I wrote a story, you know, back when I was at USA today and this is probably a decade ago, and the entire premise of the story was fans media don't have any idea about safety play because they're the guys who aren't on the TV, Like you don't know unless somebody's got a stick, they've got a nickname, they've got funny hair, they're the honey Badger, Like nobody knows who the safeties are. Harrison was a really really good player way before people nationally caught up to the fact that he was a really good player, which is why it took him a while, you know, to make a Pro Bowl. But in terms of the impact that he's made on the game, talking to other people about going up against him through the years, I mean, ask Aaron Rodgers about Harrison. Smith asked the quarterbacks to me, if I were a Hall of Fame voter, I'm not. If I were a Hall of Fame voter, that would be a core part of what I'm doing, because the bar for the Hall of Fame to me has always been were you the best at your position in your era?
Speaker 2: And for how long?
Speaker 10: Even Philip Rivers where there was a great you know, debate about Philip Rivers and okay, he's coming back and playing for the Colts. That's going to kick back. Is his Hall of Fame timeline, his semi finalist. Now it's five years. He got to wait five years. I'm like nothing against Philip, who's a bit of really really good player, but you know, is he a lot first ballot Hall of Famer? For how long in Philip Rivers's career did you say he's the best in the NFL? He played in obviously the same era as Peyton Manning and as Tom Brady. He was in the same draft classes as Eli Manning, who won a couple of Super Bowls. Philip never went to a Super Bowl. You know, numbers wise, he is, you know, in the top ten in a lot of categories. You know, certainly there's a nur argument and I think the Philip probably will be in the in the Hall of Fame someday, But that's a really really high bar to clear. You know, with Harrison, I do think that he clears that bar. I don't think that there is a lot of safeties in his era. There might have been ones who were better known than him. There might be ones who you know, had more ads and things like that than him. But in terms of if you just went around and you actually pulled the players that guys went against, I don't think you're going to find a lot of safeties that people would say better things about, particularly over the link of time that Harrison has played than Harrison Smith.
Speaker 5: Hey, Tom, what's the off season plan for Joe Burrow and Tua.
Speaker 2: Joe Burrow?
Speaker 10: I don't think that there is a plan sauce right now. You know, the Bengals, for one thing, they don't trade their guys.
Speaker 4: They don't.
Speaker 2: They just don't. That's not how they operate.
Speaker 10: They don't go and make big deals and you know, move on from people if someone's upset. I mean, take Trey Henderson. Trey Henderson requested a trade and was trying to get out for two years, and they turned down offers for him, and they never traded him. With Burrow, you know, if he suddenly became available, would there be interest. Of course, he'd be the number one trade target in modern NFL history. I would anticipate that there will be some calls to the Bengals about him this offseason, but it's hard for me to imagine, And Burrow said it himself, yesterday. It's hard for him to imagine he's not the quarterback in Cincinnati in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Frustrating year.
Speaker 10: A big part of it comes down to Joe Burrow, as it's so many recent years, hasn't been on the field. When your highest paid player, your best player, isn't out there, it's really really hard to win football games in.
Speaker 4: The NFL with Tua.
Speaker 10: The news yesterday that we broke that they have benched him and are going to Quinn Yours for the last several games, that is a strong indication that Tua has played his last down in Miami. They owe him fifty four million dollars fully guaranteed in twenty twenty six. I thought all along, logically the most likely thing, even after they fired the GM Chris Greer, was to let Tua and McDaniel come back in twenty twenty six, let the new GM evaluate both of them, and then kind of have the opportunity to start fresh in twenty twenty seven. But now it doesn't seem to be going in that direction. This is much more like Russell Wilson at the end of the twenty twenty three season, where similar timeline benched in December, and by March they opted to release him. There was a lot of talk at that time about can you trade Russ. They'll be talking about can you trade two? And I would not rule that out. But if you just take into account the salary cap implications, it's much cleaner. It's not great, no matter what. Okay, moving on from a guy who's due fifty four million fully guaranteed and close to one hundred million dollars total in dead cap, that's not ideal, no matter what. But what the Broncos did was they ate most of the cap hit in twenty twenty four. Russ is still on the books on their cap in twenty twenty five, but they went clean, break, move on, eat the money they basically paid him to play for the Steelers last season and now will be off the books entirely in twenty twenty six. If the Dolphins did the same thing with Tua, release him in March, most likely before the third day of the league year, when another three million dollars to become fully guaranteed. That what that does is you eat the bulk of the all the cash and the bulk of the cap. In twenty twenty six, you push the additional dead cap into twenty twenty seven, you go and you get a new quarterback and you start over. I do think that there's going to be a consideration and they'll see if they can trade Tua. But remember this, there's no such thing as a post June one designation for trades, and for people who understand what that is, it's basically, if you release a player after the start of the league year in March, you can call him a post June one cut, and come June one you get cap relief by it pushes some of those cap hits in twenty twenty seven. That doesn't exist for trades. So if you trade Tua, whatever money the new team doesn't take on all that slams your cap immediately. Un Plus you wait until after June first to make the trade. It's just it's messier. It's not impossible. I would say the most likely scenario sitting here right now is Tua is released in March, and then the question becomes one, who is the quarterback in Miami in twenty twenty six. They'll get a look at quinn Ewers over the next three weeks, and then two, where is Tua playing?
Speaker 2: Is he a starter? Somewhere.
Speaker 10: Given his concussion history, his injury history, the fact that he did not play well for most of this season. He leads the league in air session with fifteen. There's this particular type of system where he can be effective. And I certainly could see a world where the forty nine ers sell high on Mac Jones and bringing tuas the backup, and then in a year it's like, hey, he was with Kyle. Now he's healed. You know, that's that's certainly possible. But but it's a real question in terms of where Too is playing. If I had to say right now, especially since they devoted him all the way to number three, I believe that it's most likely to has played this last down in Miami.
Speaker 6: And he also let Tom go. Anybody else got a question for leaving? Thanks, He's always got better things to do, He's.
Speaker 3: Got live He's got ye job man, Tom. Do you have any availability for next Wednesday instead of Thursday? Since we will not be here on Christmas Day?
Speaker 10: Oh, I'm sure for you Hawk, I can figure it out.
Speaker 1: We'll figure that out, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can find a spot for me on the guitar.
Speaker 3: You know what, I got auditions. I'll let you know when the auditions happened.
Speaker 4: Appreciate it.
Speaker 10: You gotta I gotta try out.
Speaker 4: You got to wear a guest spot. That's right, you got to try out. Thanks Tom, Thanks Budy. Appreciated Buddy.
Speaker 1: Bye bye.
Speaker 4: All right, there he goes.
Speaker 1: That's right. Let me do let me let me give some love.
Speaker 3: Here from Kyle Brugantese his organization this week, the charity for Bell Bank and the Pay Forward program, Wags and Whiskers at www dot wagsmn dot org. Wags and Whiskers Animal Rescue of Minnesota is an animal rescue organization dedicated saving the lives of homeless animals and educating the community on responsible pet ownership. Thousand dollars from Bell Bank. Thank you Kyle, and thank you Wags Minnesota dot org and thank you Bellbank. Nominate your charity at cafan dot com. Just type in the keyword Bell.
Speaker 4: And don't forget.
Speaker 6: Wags also as an acronym for wives and girlfriends, right like the wags of a sports team.
Speaker 4: So these are wives and girlfriends.
Speaker 6: Of professional athletes that have you know, beard issues yea, So they should be shamed.
Speaker 1: Do you have an alternate website for me?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know itall your hands up, we have breaking Minnesota Timberwolves news.
Speaker 1: Don't tell me he's out for the season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention? I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story.
Speaker 5: Hall of Famer Kevin Kevin Garnett is reuniting with the Minnesota Timberwolves and Links in a new all encompassing role involving business community efforts and content development, and his long awaited number twenty one Jersey retirement will also happen.
Speaker 6: Okay, Oh that sounds great. I was nervous he was gonna be in the personnel department. Oh that's great.
Speaker 4: What you just said? You don't want him there? Nope, No, but he's gonna do great in whatever role you just said. But what are you gonna do? Yeah?
Speaker 6: All right, welcome back. He definitely deserves his freaking number in the rafters. Yes, overdue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I'm glad to see him makeup. I don't like bad blood tweeting by yep and Glenn Taylor was Taylor and somebody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Glenn Taylor was too busy roasting chickens alive to put that number twenty one in the rafters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he needs all the fabric he can get, you know.
Speaker 4: Yep, now it's time for.
Speaker 6: It's walking by my friends at a Wolf River Electric and a Wolf River Electric dot com go solar with Wolf River Electric. The New York Post did a story on women who find Santa irresistible?
Speaker 4: What now? WHOA? I just have the headline. I don't know the details like that Santa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think just in general, shaft still doesn't walk.
Speaker 4: That's a red flag.
Speaker 6: If if you're really if your gal that you're dating is really into Santa.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna disagree.
Speaker 6: Like if they are asking you to dress up as Santa, that sounds like daddy ish.
Speaker 1: I can come up with a list of only about three things I won't dress up ast.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, and it ain't Santa.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have questions.
Speaker 4: I can think of the one. I'm trying to think what the other two might think. Yeah, I hope the one is the one I'm thinking of. If it's if he didn't make your list.
Speaker 1: Now that's the lady, I'm gonna question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you want what man?
Speaker 6: A mega church in Houston apologized after they brought in real camels for a Nativity event, and one of them kicked a church goer in the head. Jesus remember remember when Jesus, Yes, he was also in the Remember yesterday when we were talking about the Campbell fighting camels, we were like, are camels mean? Ill tempered? And you know, We're like, well, they might spit on you. They don't like you.
Speaker 4: This one kicked somebody in the head.
Speaker 1: You the doctrine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and also with you God, I wish it was Joel Olstein so bad? Uh, wouldn't that be great? A bunch of people were having dinner at a thing on who wrote this? A bunch of people were having dinner at a fancy restaurant in Wisconsin where.
Speaker 4: Name one.
Speaker 5: Rocky Rococos You great spot, Well eat repizza?
Speaker 6: Okay, I'd love A bunch of people were having dinner at a fancy restaurant in Wisconsin whenever that means on Sunday when a raccoon fell through the ceiling and.
Speaker 4: Bit a guest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that happened.
Speaker 6: How does this make the news? That happens every Sunday at a Wisconsin restaurant? What are we talking about here?
Speaker 1: I've got a news audio of this. This is no kidding, I really do.
Speaker 8: Rec We don't know how this raccoon got there. It was quite a large raccoon driving there as this thing was brawling, kissing, scratching and when it gets really cold, not uncommon to get these calls for raccoons.
Speaker 4: They did all the right things.
Speaker 8: They got medical care for the person that got bit. He was taken to the hospital. And I felt like I owed that to the person that got bit, because his entire process for his treatment relies basically solely on do we get this anem or not?
Speaker 1: So they got him.
Speaker 6: I mean that sucks because the guy had just ordered half priced motsticks after nine pm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that poor guy. Damn it. What a waste. I bet that hurts.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: How weird is this? This is how things are? A change in meets Aus and Christopher.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, listen, sure you guys saw this yesterday, But the Oscars are starting in twenty twenty nine, the Oscars will no longer be on ABC.
Speaker 4: You guessed it, They're going to YouTube.
Speaker 6: Wow, the Oscars will air on YouTube starting in twenty twenty nine.
Speaker 4: Get spanked? What? Pat? Why would it?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 5: Two things mister Z does not like rotten tomatoes and the Oscars. Yeah, he ranted about this yesterday. Showers Yeah, a shower.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think he's allergic to water.
Speaker 1: Sorry, mister, I don't know why I said that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, true, this is this is creative. You know we're coming up on season fifty of Survivor. Yeah, so Survivor is going to hide immunity idols in all fifty states and then give the country clues to find him.
Speaker 4: There will be one immunity idol in every state.
Speaker 1: Do you get to be like on the game if you find one?
Speaker 6: I think there's a prize or something related to it, but I don't think you get to be on the That's sweet chat out on the bit.
Speaker 4: That's Condoms the winner here.
Speaker 6: It is the winners of each state will get a free trip to la to have some kind of Survivor event. The grand prize has not even been announced yet. Condoms, I don't think so. Computer laser maybe maybe maybe, but crack. This is this is straight out of Michael Scott in the office. But this apparently actually happened to a driver in Toronto's Okay, after he followed his GPS down a boat ramp into Lake Ontario on Tuesday night. Boom followed the boat ramp right into the lake.
Speaker 4: How do you do that? Don't you see the lake?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you would think so. Maybe it was dark, but still yeah.
Speaker 6: That's you know Michael Scott did in the middle of the day and he was like, GPS is telling me to go and Whit's like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: There's a lake there, and he drives right into the lake standing he had a little chicken. Oh, had a little chicken.
Speaker 6: Okay, well you can have chicken at TGI Fridays. And they are getting in on the unstoppable six seven trend.
Speaker 4: This is freezing, man.
Speaker 6: What kids kids meals come free with a dessert between six and seven.
Speaker 4: For the rest of the month. See embrace six seven. Yeah, that's funny. You want to ruin it?
Speaker 1: Embrace it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well said like Facebook. Yeah, we've tried.
Speaker 6: We say six to seven all the time, hoping that our eleven year old stop using it, and it has not worked at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well she doesn't know who you are.
Speaker 6: We're trying to make it as uncool as possible though, and it's not working. And I think a lot of parents are trying to do this or to say it as often as possible.
Speaker 4: So the kids hate it, they still love it. They don't care. They got tidy whities on.
Speaker 6: Pap A thirty three year old woman Paul, puts your hand on. A thirty three year old woman from Texas got arrested after she hid razor blades in loaves of bread at two walmarts in Mississippi.
Speaker 1: That's I'd be terrible. Why that's terrible.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna shoot you. And I do love bread, but I don't love eating razors. All your hands up, razor blade, lady would hawk.
Speaker 1: She's probably trimmed up.
Speaker 4: And I hope they weren't used razors. Man.
Speaker 6: I hope you guys didn't see this because I want you to guess. But if you saw it, fine.
Speaker 4: Help him pick up women.
Speaker 6: A sixty three year old guy in the UK named David Purchase, he broke a world record by singing Christmas songs for how long consecutively?
Speaker 4: Hundreds of thousands, mum.
Speaker 6: World record like seventy three hours, did not stop? Yeah, didn't lose his voice? Eighty hours, let's hear it? Yeah, all right, you guys overshot it by a little bit, but not too bad. Forty two straight hours. He's saying six hundred and eighty four songs got bron out thirty eight songs, thirty eight songs basically cycled through the thirty eight last Christmas jingle bells.
Speaker 4: Something called step into Christmas. I don't know what that means. It's probably terrible.
Speaker 1: Here he is talking about his feet, and let's.
Speaker 4: See how big a blunt I can fit into this one?
Speaker 5: What what is path talking about?
Speaker 6: I never know what percentage of Americans say they will be asleep for sure by midnight on New Year's Eve eighty sixty two.
Speaker 4: Well, you guys be well, you know for sure I'll be You got a gig, so you'll be awake.
Speaker 1: I'll be a wake him.
Speaker 6: Louie's gonna be in bed by seven. You're not gonna make it to midnight, zero chance. I remember last time I did, forty four percent of Americans say they will definitely be asleep by the time midnight hits on New Year's Eve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, me and Max are going to hang out.
Speaker 5: Well, how do you feel about this one? I may have been up last New Year's Eve?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he was.
Speaker 4: Brand new and my son Yeah, good point.
Speaker 6: In nineteen ninety five, Seinfeld coined the term regifting right, because Elaine got a label maker from Tim Wattley.
Speaker 4: They no kidding, Yeah, I didn't know.
Speaker 6: Do you remember who Tim Waltley was played by The Breaking Bad exactly? Brian Cranston was doctor Tim Wattley. So Elaine got got him a label maker. He hated it, claimed it didn't work, so he regifted it, and the word started to be in circulation.
Speaker 4: Now that's a word that everybody uses, right, regifting.
Speaker 6: What percentage of Americans say it is at least somewhat okay to regift forty yeah, forty five, sixty one percent say somewhat okay, twenty two percent say it's completely okay.
Speaker 2: Was it Kurt Bills?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Was it Kurt Bills?
Speaker 6: I think it's okay if you admit that you're regifting it, like yeah, Look, we get a lot of cool free stuff from the station once in a while. If I ever quote gift some of that stuff to somebody else, I will fully admit I got this for free. I paid zero dollars, but I think you would like it. I'm not going to wear it or I'm not going to use it. I got it for free. I make it very clear I didn't pay for this but you can have it, So that's that's regifting. But it's but I'm not trying to take credit for something that I didn't pay for.
Speaker 4: Is that makes sense? That's free gifting?
Speaker 5: Though we all got free autographed Chris Cook footballs from Superstar?
Speaker 4: Do you endorse throwing wis I don't believe I regifted that.
Speaker 5: Oh we all three got one, right?
Speaker 6: My guess is that year some goodwill was like, why does this football have random sharpie scribble all over it?
Speaker 4: They're bare chested? Pat? Are you? And last but not least?
Speaker 6: Maybe you heard about this, but Martha Stewart claims that Nick's starred Jalen Brunson accidentally fractured her toe at the end of a game back in May.
Speaker 4: She blames her open toe shoes.
Speaker 5: Wow, so he must have stepped on a foot because she's sitting in front row and she claims that Jalen bruns and broke her toe would be terrible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that sucks.
Speaker 3: That'd be very painful. Yeah, it's not as bad as the splinter and buying your foot.
Speaker 5: By the way, I think I'll be okay. Howard Rosie's toes. He sits court side.
Speaker 6: Of a lone oh, man, I hope it hasn't happened to him him yet, cat o day.
Speaker 4: I heard about those seats. I heard about Oh he definitely did. He did get those.
Speaker 5: Charlie Swanson charges him for those seats, I believe, so, yes, Oh he wouldn't sit there for free.
Speaker 4: Oh that's nice to Charlie.
Speaker 6: Look old school Chris hockey Man would be pumped. We got a NASCAR driver right now, William Tomorrow he might be the next big thing. Yep, local kid with a bright, bright future. Yeah, something like nineteen. That's sweet. So William, so watch would be on the show tomorrow. He's playing initials. It'll be fun to meet him, and then we can just watch that star just sore. Right, let's see him be a NASCAR Cup winner at some point, at some point go to the day ton of.
Speaker 4: Five hundred celebration party. Yeah, not too much to ask.
Speaker 5: All of our actor friends won't put us in movies, so maybe, uh, William at some point, well when the Daytona and bring us.
Speaker 4: Down to a party or something. Who that'd be sweet. So that's tomorrow, and I think we're like, what are we at one one hundred and six?
Speaker 1: I think I think it's something like one hundred.
Speaker 6: And six thousand dollars tomorrow, So Tommy Olsen tomorrow, Creestal tomorrow, Marnie tomorrow, Parish tomorrow, mister Z tomorrow, and future.
Speaker 4: NASCAR star Williams Sawallas tomorrow as well.
Speaker 6: Powertrop Morning Show five thirty to nine, nine to noon is next.
Speaker 4: Hey already have a running Forday
Speaker 1: You rabbit to have a Merry Christmas, baby girl, Thank you, Kara,