Speaker 1: Welcome to the Sounders FC Premat Show, presented by Providence Swedish. Sounders FC Soccer is brought to you by Michelobultra ninety five calories and two point six grams of cards. It's only worth it if you enjoy it. Seattle Sounders FC is presented by Gallagher Benefits and HR Consulting, helping businesses, communities and people face their futures with confidence, and by Delta Airlines, proud to donate one soccer ball for every mile round by Sounders FC players this season through Rape Foundations One Mile one Ball program. The Provident Swedish Premat Show starts now.
Speaker 2: Welcome into Loomin Field for Seattle Sounders Portland Timbers number one hundred and twenty four. After a one to one draw between these clubs down in the Row City back in May, the two heated rivals will face off a kin here tonight for the Sounders, just three matches left in the MLS regular season and with this game a chance to try to keep the Timbers out of the playoffs as well. It is still possible. The intensity, the passion, the fire, It will be here tonight as it always is for the greatest rivalry in American soccer. We welcome you to the Center's FC pre match show presented by Providence, Swedish official healthcare partner of Seattle Center's FC. We'll mention that tonight's match is presented by Emerald Queen Casino, the entertainment capital of the Northwest. Here in the broadcast booth, Jackson felt alongside former Seattle Center center back Shane O'Neil. We are counting you down to kickoff. It will be Danny Jackson, Steve Zachwani, Michelle Ludko on the sideline for Sounders Timbers.
Speaker 3: Shane.
Speaker 2: Always fun when these teams face off, and I imagine being part of this rivalry for a while. Either's there's nothing quite like it in soccer in this country.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, this is one of the if not the premier rivalry in the country in MLS, and it's a date we all look forward to. And it's kind of a game where you you throw the tactic Ford out a little bit. It's just there's just so much intensity, fire and that fight that's gonna be the determining factor in tonight's game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so many factors.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It's always funny.
Speaker 2: We always talk about how no matter how these teams are doing at a certain point, you know in their seasons, really the ultimately you just wash away all the stats, you wash away all the records, None of that matters. What matters is the intensity. What matters is who wants it more, the fight that exists between these clubs. We know that Seattle plays in a lot of finals and this is certainly one of the biggest games on their calendar every single year. Obviously Miami, seventy thousand people were in the building a few weeks ago. This club has a lot of big, big games here at Luminfield. For the Timbers, they don't play in as many big games.
Speaker 3: This is their.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl every single year when they come to Seattle. This is the match they care about the most. This is really if you were to ask a Timbers fan, I bet give me one match every season ye want to win.
Speaker 3: They're not thinking finals like we are.
Speaker 2: They're thinking at Seattle and we gotta match that intensity here tonight, Shane, you're laughing, I'm not joking. This is everything for Portland. They don't play in League's Cup finals. They play in MLS is back finals. They don't go and win two MLS Cups. We have two MLS Cups. They don't have a CONCA CALF Champions League trophy.
Speaker 3: We have a CONCA CAFF Champions League trophy. They don't have.
Speaker 2: Four US Open Cups. We have four US Open Cups. They want to be us, they ain't us. For them, this is facing the big dog, this is facing the big brother. We are on top. They try to knock us off every year. That's the reality of the situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, obviously I respect the commitment there, and you know, credit to Portland though for a few years there they had a great run. They got to a couple of MLS Cup finals. Obviously winning one. One MLS is back as you mentioned in Orlando, so, you know, trying to be a little bit you know, neutrality to the commentary booth. I feel like Portland for a club, you know, not obviously the size of Seattle have certainly held their own and punched above their weight at times. So and the thing I love about tonight's game is there's big stakes, you know, for both teams here going into the playoffs. Portland beat these points to secure their spot and obviously Seattle want to get into their groove going into the postseason that we haven't quite seen yet since since the league's Cup finals. So it's a really important game.
Speaker 3: You couldn't be more right.
Speaker 2: I mean, shoot, Portland looks at Seattle and sees them at forty six points. Timbers are at forty four points. This is a game where quite literally, the Timbers could jump the Sounders with a win here tonight at lumen Field.
Speaker 3: So lots of stakes here for these games.
Speaker 2: Quickly, Shane, let's jump back because there's so much time and there's so much to preview when it comes to Sounders Timbers.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look back because this.
Speaker 2: Is kind of part two of Rivalry Weeks. Because last weekend, Shane, we had the Vancouver white Caps year and they took a one nothing lead. Sounders got two goals inside a ninety seconds from Jackson, Reagan, Albert Rusnak. They take a two to one lead.
Speaker 3: But then the white Caps score on a set piece on.
Speaker 2: A corner kick editor into the back of the net and it finishes two too. So I think the question that we asked during the postgame show that I'll ask ye here again is did you see enough in that game where the Sounders were able to kind.
Speaker 3: Of get out of the post Leagues Cup Championship.
Speaker 4: Ango, Well, you're probably sick to here and me saying this, but I feel like I've talked a few times about these cold Christie Knights in Seattle and Vancouver was the first one of those that started to feel like the playoffs.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: The second half of that game really started to feel like a playoff like atmosphere, and the Sounders played with a great intensity and vigor for about twenty five minutes, overwhelming the white Caps after they took that lead, and so we really felt like things were kind of pulling together and then obviously you give up a set piece goal walk out of there to two, Like we talked about on the broadcast. Though, Vancouver white Caps are a hell of an opponent. They're going to be an MLS Cup contender, So I think it was a great preview of what the playoffs are gonna hold. You're gonna have tough battles with tough teams, and tonight's no different. Portland is gonna propose some real threats, particularly from one or two of their.
Speaker 2: Really key man Yeah exactly, And when it comes to the playoffs, Sounders are kind of looking pretty squarely at somewhere between the five seed and the seven seed. So it's sort of a question of, you know, all right, what are those teams who are gonna be looking at in that first round LAFC, Minnesota, San Diego and Vancouver. And as we kind of approach the playoffs, three matches to go. Today it's against Portland next Saturday here at Lumenfield, it's RSL in a rescheduled game. Originally Salt Lake here at home was gonna be on the weekend of the Elite's Cup Final because we were playing their Messi in Miami and got that three to nothing win. That game got rescheduled against RSL to next Saturday, and that's the penultimate game of the season and then Decision Day, the final game at New York City FC. That is two weeks from today. But let's take a look at Shane at what the Sounders are doing today.
Speaker 3: Before we give you.
Speaker 2: The starting lineup, there is a couple of injury notes to share with you, so very quickly, let's dive in to the provident Swedish team health reports. Yamar Gomez Andrade is the major new name to report. According to Brian Schmitzer, Yamar Gomez Andrade is going to miss four weeks with a hamstring strain. That was four weeks from last weekend, so could be three weeks. The hope is to have him back for the playoffs, but Gomez Andrade not available for head coach Brian Schmitzer here as we round out the regular season.
Speaker 3: Alex Holdan also picked up.
Speaker 2: A knock in that Vancouver game, but I can tell you very good news. He is good to go and he is starting today. We'll get that full line up here in a moment.
Speaker 3: Also, Ryan Kent hamstring injury will keep that deep from the MLS Cup playoffs.
Speaker 2: Steuart Hawkins out with the quad and Paul Ariola out with the acl tair. We'll mention that that team health report consented by Providence Swedish, the official healthcare partner of Sound as F see okay. Here is the Delta starting eleven. Stephen Fry is in gold a back four of k new Who on the left, Alec Troldan on the right, Jackson Reagan and he will be next.
Speaker 3: To Kim key Hee coming in for Yamar.
Speaker 2: Christian rolled On will be a holding midfielder alongside Albert rusnack Up. The line you're attacking midfielders. Pedro de la Vega returns he is starting on the left. Heyesus Ferira is gonna be in the middle, and then it will be Paul Rothrock out on the right wing with Jordan Morris up top.
Speaker 3: Shane. That is about as first choice.
Speaker 2: I mean, that is the best eleven players I think you could put on the fields here tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, obviously you drop Albert Russknack back a line. He's he's gonna be in that position next to Christian, and I think that's the one area that is gonna be interesting to watch. Obviously, that's a lot of attacking firepower on the pitch. Now, how do you balance that off in defensive transition moments? You know who's going to be doing that dirty work. I think Christian's gonna have to play a little bit more in that sixth role. Make sure he's sitting sort of balancing off Albert if he does drift forward, because obviously you know you got Hayesus and dala Vega on. That's a lot of attacking options there. So gonna have to be really mindful in transition, especially without Yamar, who's one of the best I would say transition center backs in the league. So just something to be mindful of. It's a very attack minded lineup.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 2: And one of the things that we talked about with head coach Bryan Schmeenzer yesterday is the freedom and the versatility. I think of that threesome of Christian Rolldon haes Wu's Fera, Albert Rusnak, and when you talk about the aggressiveness and the attack mindedness, you think that Christian Roldan of the three of them, is going to be the one who.
Speaker 3: Naturally sits back.
Speaker 2: But having Albert Rusnak in that lower position, I imagine Shane there is a pretty good amount of flexibility probably for him to get up the field and play alongside Hazus Ferira.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 4: The other thing too is the ability to play those splitting passes from deep. Albert Rossnak is such a fantastic passer of the ball, and so to have a guy in a position like that, I mean, especially when you guys got guys like Jazus Ferrara in between the lines, you need players who can pick him out. And to have Albert Rossnak going deep like that, I think it's gonna be a big coup for the Sounders here tonight, and it's you know, the other thing too that will be interesting to watch is Jordan Morris.
Speaker 6: Getting going, getting him up and running, and.
Speaker 4: Having guys like like again Albert finding Jesus who can then slip those balls into Jordan. I think it's really nice that the Sounders have so much attack and talent on the pitch to get him up and running.
Speaker 3: Will you tell me if I'm off base a little bit? But it didn't seem.
Speaker 2: Like Jordan Morris made enough runs in that last game against Vancouver. He got his first start in a long time in that white Caps game. And I, for one, maybe you can tell me that I'm dumb, but I, for one, I'm kind of looking at that saying to myself, I need Jordan to make more of those runs.
Speaker 3: So cycle more of those runs.
Speaker 2: Going, going, going, and get in behind those defenders over and over again to try to open up some space, but also try to get some balls behind their defense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and obviously from a player's perspective, I might take you know, you also have to think of it as he needs that service too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he needs to know.
Speaker 6: That the ball.
Speaker 4: If I'm a striker. I don't want to be making all these runs off it. I don't think the balls come true, you know what I'm saying, And so I think for him. The other thing, too, is when you're out for a scene, if you don't out of time, that first game back is always tough. It's tough on the body, it's you know, it's tough to get up to speed. So I think tonight, you know, he's got all the attacking prowess around him. I think it's gonna be a really really good day for him, And like you said, making those runs, it's a lot easier when you know that ball is coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, we'll see what Brian Schmizer's lineup produces on the offensive end.
Speaker 3: It's so attack minded.
Speaker 2: Hopefully the Sounders are in for a very very fun day here today against the Timbers. It is the one hundred and twenty fourth occasion of Seattle and Portland playing soccer.
Speaker 3: Will of course give you the full rundown.
Speaker 2: Of this series against Portland in the long history a little bit later on in the pre match show, we'll also here from Paul Rothrock.
Speaker 3: He has some fun thoughts on Portland, who.
Speaker 2: Also have our players to watch Keys to the Match, and coming up next, we're gonna talk about these Portland Timbers and talk about the intensity of the rivalry. Shane O'Neill, former Sounders center back here, certainly can shed some light on the intensity there. We are live here from Loomenfield, the pre match show counting you Down to kickoff Sounders Timbers. It's coming up here Sports Radio nine to fifty km.
Speaker 8: At Columbia Bank, our business is about rooting for yours. Our dedicated bankers are experts at helping you navigate financial solutions centered around your small business. As a top ranked SBA lender in Seattle, our customers trust us to put their needs first. We believe that when small businesses grow, our communities thrive. Columbia Bank is the official banking partner of Sounders FC. Visit Columbiabank dot com to learn more. Columbia Bank member FDIC Providence in Sounders FC are proud to continue the Community Assist of the Match. The Community Assists of the Match will help elevate individuals and organizations who stand tall for justice, equality.
Speaker 9: And community well being.
Speaker 8: Each match, Sounders FC and Providence will probably recognize one exceptional nominee during an exclusive halftime feature. To nominate a hero in your community, please visit soundersfc dot com slash Community Assist for a chance to be recognized as our Community Assist of the match.
Speaker 10: This is Paul Rothrock with Seattle Sounders FC. I'm a big fan of our charity, Ray Foundation and how they use soccer as a vehicle to inspire kids to be well, to learn, and to have fun. Raive is on a mission to build small fields for free play across Washington. Rave met its twenty six fields by twenty twenty six goal early and is now working to build twenty six more fields and communities of need right in time for the twenty twenty six World Cup. Join Raves twenty six more fields by twenty twenty six movement today by visiting Rayfoundation dot org slash donate.
Speaker 11: It's the little things that make us the happiest. The thermometer finally reading sweater weather, your jack O lantern somehow surviving all the way through the season, that email finding you cozy, that subtle hit of pumpkin and false spice in.
Speaker 9: Your mcafe copy.
Speaker 11: Try our sweet Fall drinks like Pumpkin spice lattes, caramel lattes, caramel frappees and more at McDonald's. Price and participation may vary limited time only.
Speaker 12: Hey, they're Sounders fans.
Speaker 13: All of us at Sound Transit love when you take the train to the match, but we want to remind you to use crosswalks and obey traffic signals near tracks. Trains are quieter than you expect. Travel in both directions and approach at varying speeds that are difficult to judge. The amount of time you might save by ducking or going around a crossing gate isn't worth risking your life for. So next time you're buy a track, play it safe that way.
Speaker 9: We all went a message from Sound Transit.
Speaker 14: Quarterback Jordan Love isn't just on Green Bay's team, He's also on the American Family Insurance team because like us, he believes in dreaming fearlessly.
Speaker 15: Just chase your dreams and don't let nobody holds your back.
Speaker 14: And we help protect those dreams with the right.
Speaker 9: Coverage so you can dream fearlessly.
Speaker 14: American Family Insurance get a quote and find an agent at AMFAM dot com.
Speaker 16: Product's not available in every state. American Family Mutual Insurance Company SI and at Operating Company six thousand American Parkway, Medison, Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the home of Sounders FC, Seattle's sports Radio nine fifty KJR, Imason.
Speaker 2: Roman Field and the Providence, Swedish prematch show Seattle Sounders Portland Timbers. Tonight, beautiful night here in Seattle for soccer, Beautiful night here in Seattle for all sports, and of course for the Huskies as well with their comeback win over Maryland earlier today. Trying to make this a big sport to stay here for our city.
Speaker 3: Let's continue the pre match show here at.
Speaker 2: Luminfield by talking about the horrible, ugly Portland Timbers. They are eleven, ten and eleven here on the season. They entered the weekend seventh place in the Western Conference with forty four points.
Speaker 4: They are six.
Speaker 2: Points above tenth place Dallas, which is the first team outside the playoff picture, so it is still.
Speaker 3: Possible they missed the playoffs.
Speaker 2: But more importantly, they're only two points back of Seattle, which means a win here today would have Portland to jump Seattle for fifth place.
Speaker 3: Talk about motivation.
Speaker 2: Forty one goals scored on the season is thirteen less than Seattle they're definitely having a little bit of a down year offensively. Forty three goals conceded though is five less than Seattle in one more match. They've done much better there this season.
Speaker 3: But Shane, we can.
Speaker 2: Talk about all the stats, we can talk about all this and that what really matters is the fight and the intensity in these games. What is it like as a player on the Sounder side as you experienced facing the Portland Timbers, especially here at home.
Speaker 4: Well, there's a couple things first and foremost, it's interesting how obviously Seattle's core has remained so similar. So there's that the whole team knows the seriousness of this rivalry in the Darby match, and the coach as well. You know, it really runs through the team. And it's interesting how Portland is sort of going through that transition now, especially as Diego char is probably on his last legs of his career, where that sort of core players that you remember, you know, the Valeris and and all these guys, it's sort of being phased out now and so it's gonna be interesting the next couple of seasons and even tonight, how do Portland, you know, managing these big games without sort of those those sort of you know, lifeblood of the club type players who are always have been integral for the last you know, decade or so of this club.
Speaker 3: You know, it's funny. We talked with Brian yesterday ashe Metzer and.
Speaker 2: One of the fun questions that I asked him was do you have a former Timbers player that you hated coaching against or playing against the most? And he named a bunch of different guys. He named, of course Will Johnson and stands out obviously for any Sounder fans. He talked about Gavin Wilkinson back in the day and back when Danny Jackson was playing the strategy that was involved in making him mad Steve Clark. You know. He also talked about when he was young. He remembers taking a bust down to Portland in the middle of the day for a game against the Timbers reserves when he was eighteen years old. He said, those early games were hard heart games, bloodbaths, and you know, those reserve games where players wanted to prove that they belonged. The intensity has been there, Shane, throughout the years. And I imagine that when you arrived in Seattle, when you arrived in Seattle.
Speaker 3: Then having the experienced this rivalry for the.
Speaker 2: First time, that natural hatred that all players wearing the rape green must have in these games, you do got a manufacture if you aren't from here, and then a lot of players aren't from here, you do got to manufacture that fire and that hatred for these games.
Speaker 4: Well, the cool thing about this game that is so unique to you know, this league, is there's history. There's real history in this game. And that's what's really unique about it. You know, people talk about l TRAFFICO or all these and it's like that game. How's talking about manufacturing exactly exactly what I'm talking about here. You feel the history of the club, but that is that goes through the whole club in all aspects. It's not just this game. But obviously this game is sort of a culmination of that for both clubs, and you feel that history and so you know that this is this is a real Darby match.
Speaker 2: Well, let me just give you that history right now while we're on the subject. I was gonna wait, but let's just get this right now, because I will mention Vancouver's already one Cascadia Cup. That's over, that's done with. But that doesn't take anything away from this game here tonight. Overall in MLS play, this thing is even in MLS play fifteen, fifteen and eleven since Porland joined MLS. The all time record, though, this is what you're talking about, the history, the all time record dating back to the mid seventies, Seattle is on top fifty seven forty seven nineteen. Let's expand that. Let's get win number fifty eight here tonight. I will also mentioned the last time these two teams played was back on May seventeenth to Providence Part where Albert Rusnek scored in the thirtieth minute in a.
Speaker 3: One to one drop. All right, let's get a break here on the premat show. We'll come back.
Speaker 2: We'll give you our players to watch. We're gonna hear from Paul Rothrock as well. We still have to get the keys to the match. Lot here coming up here on the Premat show ahead of Sounders Timers number one twenty four. It's coming up on Sports Radio nine fifty KJRM.
Speaker 8: At Columbia Bank, our business is about rooting for yours. Our dedicated bankers are experts at helping you navigate financial solutions centered around your small business as a top ranked SBA lender in Seattle. Our customers trust us to put their needs first. We believe that when small businesses grow, our communities thrive. Columbia Bank is the official banking partner of Sounders FC. Visit Columbiabank dot com to learn more. Columbia Bank remember FDIC.
Speaker 17: I have to confess I was very excited to call nine one one finally a good one, you know. Like, and I realize that while what I'm about to say is true, it sounds suspicious Tom, like my wife fell down the stairs.
Speaker 18: From this multiple Netflix specials.
Speaker 19: Comedian Tom singar O brings this new tour Come Together live at the Emerald Queen Casino Event Center Saturday, November twenty nine.
Speaker 18: Got tickets now at Emerald Queen dot com.
Speaker 20: Wants the same expert advice from the pros at a discount tire store while shopping for tires online, Meet Treadwell your personal tire guide.
Speaker 7: Treadwell is an online.
Speaker 20: Tire buying guide that gives you personalized recommendations based on your location, driving habits, and tire performance. Just enter your vehicle info, zip code, and driving routines, and then Treadwell will match you with the perfect tire for your vehicle. Shop for tires with treadway at Discount Tire dot com. Let's get you taken care of.
Speaker 21: AH mcvalue at McDonald's has any size soft drink for a dollar forty nine.
Speaker 7: What was that?
Speaker 22: I feel like when you just say ah after you drink, You're missing an opportunity.
Speaker 23: Check it out AH.
Speaker 21: Dollar forty nine for any size Coca color, diet Coca Okay.
Speaker 7: Here goes sprite to.
Speaker 21: Any soft drink, any size, AH dollar forty nine.
Speaker 12: This deal is awesome.
Speaker 23: Price and participation may vary. Cannot be combined with any other offer.
Speaker 8: Providence in Sounders FC are proud to continue the Community Assist of the Match. The Community Assists of the Match will help elevate individuals and organizations who stand tall for justice, equality.
Speaker 7: And community well being.
Speaker 8: Each match, sounders FC and Providence will probably recognize one exceptional nominee during an exclusive halftime feature. To nominate a hero in your community, please visit soundersfc dot com slash community for a chance to be recognized as our Community Assist of the Match.
Speaker 5: Hey Drew Johnson Scott.
Speaker 24: Here build a customized Renter's policy with American Family Insurance so you can protect your tandem bike on the go. Fee Oh, he is struggling with that two seater. Life's better when you're under American Family's Roof Ensure. Carefully, dream, fearlessly, get a quote and find an agent at amfam dot com.
Speaker 25: Some exclusions may apply. Products not available in every state. American Family Mutual Insurance Company sign It's Operating Companies six thousand American Parkway, Madison, Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the home of Saunders FC, Seattle's Sports Radio nine fifty KJR.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Luminfield and the Providence, Swedish prematch show. Jackson Felts, Shane O'Neil counting you down to kick off before Danny, Stephen Michelle have the game here for you on Sports Radio nine to fifty KGr AM.
Speaker 3: In a moment, we will hear from.
Speaker 2: Paul Rothrock an interview that I did earlier a couple of days ago at training talking about this sound Timbers rivalry. But before we hear it from Paul Rothrock, let's get some Sounders players to watch.
Speaker 3: Shane, who are you looking for tonight?
Speaker 4: I'm really interested to see how Pedro del Vega does you know, obviously he's been dealing with that little bit of knee todonitis. Obviously in that league's Cup run he was instrumental and he was absolutely electric, especially in one on one situations, his bursts of speed to get away from defenders. So I'm really curious how how is that looking now? You know he's had a couple of weeks van the shelf getting reintegrated. Now how does he look with that sharpness and that's trying to speed?
Speaker 2: Certainly have to be curious about that level for Pedro. I'm curious to see about Albert Rusnak on he's playing next to Christian Rolldon in that holding midfielders slot that typically Obed Vargas is in. Obed's away with Mexico at the U twenty World Cup. So for Albert rusnak how much does he stay? How much does he go? Because he's gonna want to get up the field a lot. I think him play next to Hayes Ferreira play aggressively, playing more towards than usual in spot that he is in up a line, so he's gonna want to do that.
Speaker 3: I'm interested to see how much Albert.
Speaker 2: Does that versus behaves a little more like oh, but where he does stay back a little bit on the defensive end, especially when Portland has the ball, So his spacing and his positioning and his decision making of when to go. I'm really interested to watch that today from Albert Rusnak Now. Paul Rothrock is of course another player to watch in this game, and a couple days ago I had the chance to go talk to Paul, who started this conversation by talking about coming out of the two to two draw against the white Caps.
Speaker 10: I think the last two games especially have been frustrating because I feel like we've played better than maybe the result.
Speaker 4: Showed. But I thought there were some positives.
Speaker 10: Like you said, I thought our intensity in the game was a bit better, and you know, I think people who were watching that game and we're in the stadium, it felt a bit more like a playoff game, and I definitely felt like we matched them, if not had some of the better moments of the game. And yeah, still giving up some sloppy goals and we've we've got to we've got to.
Speaker 5: Clean that up.
Speaker 10: But I think the response from having two guys get injured in the first half was good, and then the response to the goal. You know, we scored almost immediately off of both kickoffs, and I think the the chat this week has been just how can we how can we bottle up that energy a bit more and and carry that forward and and see that more consistently with us? You know, I think we were better once they scored on us. We were better once we scored that goal as well. So how can we bring that intensity throughout the majority of the game.
Speaker 3: Well, you just mentioned Portland, there is somebody from here.
Speaker 23: What are your feelings on the Portland Timbers.
Speaker 10: I'm excited for this game, I'll say that. And I've never been a big Portland fan. These games you know lot to me, And yeah, I don't want to use any expletives on the expedives on on on live camera, but I'm really excited to play those guys.
Speaker 3: And you definitely dont want to give money Bolton board material.
Speaker 2: You know, It's funny. They definitely get up for these games. They treat them like the super Bowl. You guys play in a lot of finals. Is the energy sort of like that? Can you compare it all as another big game on your calendar?
Speaker 10: I think it's a massive game. I think last weekend gave us a taste for what it's what it's going to feel like. I think there's going to be even more just because it's Portland and it's a good time for a game like this for us to change the mojo a little bit and get us going.
Speaker 9: You're playing Portland.
Speaker 3: I guess what would you rather score at.
Speaker 2: Home, in front of your own fans or in their house to shut up their fans.
Speaker 10: That's a good question. I haven't scored against Portland yet, so with Dream Scenery ending their season in a ninety is minute Winter.
Speaker 2: Rock, I would be a dream for him to score a winner in the ninetieth minute tonight. Yeah, I wouldn't end their season, but boy a late goal to be the Timbers. We haven't beaten the Timbers here in this stadium in quite a while. Would love for that to happen here tonight. Sounder Dan's down on McDonald's Up to Danie when the sound you'll win a free mix chick in the following day with a minimum two dollars purchase exclusively in the McDonald's tapp We'll come back. We'll wrap up the premat show for Sounders Timbers. It comes up soon here on Sports Radio nine fifty KJR.
Speaker 20: AM want the same expert advice from the pros at a discount tire store while shopping for tires online, Meet Treadwell your personal tire guide. Treadwell is an online tire buying guide that gives you personalized recommendations based on your location, driving habits, and tire performance. Just enter your vehicle info, zip code, and driving routines, and then Treadwell will match you with the perfect tire for you. Vehicle shop retires with Treadwell at discount tire dot com. Let's get you taken care of.
Speaker 17: I have to confess I was very excited to call nine one one finally a good one, you know, like, and I realize that while what I'm about to say is true, it sounds suspicious Tom, like my wife fell down the stairs from.
Speaker 18: This multiple Netflix specials.
Speaker 19: Comedian Tom Singara brings this new tour Come Together live at the Emerald Queen Casino.
Speaker 18: We've been center Saturday, November twenty nine.
Speaker 19: Got tickets now at Emerald Queen dot com.
Speaker 11: It's the little things that make us the happiest. The thermometer finally reading sweater weather, your jack O lantern somehow surviving all the way through the season. That email finding you cozy, that subtle hit of pumpkin and false spice in your mcafe cot try our sweet Fall drinks like Pumpkin spice lattes, caramel lattes, caramel frappees and more at Dons. Price and participation may vary limited time only.
Speaker 26: Sound is fans looking for behind the scenes content, interviews with your favorite pleasant coaches and expa x's and o's and that assists, make sure to check out the sound Is FC podcast with the Captain Brad Evans and myself stee Zac Kwani.
Speaker 8: Whether you're a diehard Sounder, faithful, a lover of the beautiful game, or thinking of attending your first match at Lumenfield, this show is for you, with weekly episodes available wherever you get your podcasts. Check us out as your source of Sounder soccer across the sound Join the Put Goal Sounders.
Speaker 27: Gallagher knows what's essential to our community is being there for one another when it matters most, facing the future with confidence together. It's why we're proud to sponsor Seattle Sounders FC. Through every challenge, Gallagher consults with employers from around the globe to better drive outcomes for their organization and employees. Because no matter what new normal comes next, Gallagher is here to help you face it. Allagher Risk Management, Benefits, insurance and consulting. Visit us at AJG dot com.
Speaker 8: Sounders FC is proud to partner with Regent's Blue Shield, a health plan that's been helping keep Washington healthy for over one hundred years, and now two proud organizations are coming together, uniting under a shared mission. Both Sounders FC and Regent's Blue Shield believe that play is not a privilege. We will work hand in hand, leveraging the power of soccer to make a positive impact on children's lives. Sounders FC and Regent's Blue Shield champions on the pitch and in the community.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the home of Sounders FC, Seattle's Sports Radio nine fifty KJR.
Speaker 2: It's a light show here at Louminfield, the flu in, the green lights flashing from the rafters as players are getting ready to walk out here and getting ready to face off in the one hundred and twenty fourth occasion of Seattle Portland in soccer.
Speaker 3: This rivalry which dates back so many.
Speaker 2: Decades, five decades in fact, and here we go again for this best rivalry in American soccer.
Speaker 3: Before we get you to kick.
Speaker 2: Off with Danny Stephen, Michelle Shane, what are your keys to this match?
Speaker 4: Defensively, it's all about containing Christopher Veld. He's a new player from the summer, but he is the guy Norwegian coming over from the Greek league. And you know, obviously the last few years Portland have had a key guy a Vander before that, Diego Blarry.
Speaker 6: He is the key guy.
Speaker 4: You gotta shut him down offensively, Fluidity in their movements. Obviously with Russknack, de la Vega Ferrara, how can they get that interchanges in fluid movements to get Jordan in behind.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, you know, it's funny you look at big soccer clubs around the world, especially Man City and the way they operate, having flexibility and fluidity when it comes to talented midfielders there. Certainly you know Christian Rolldon is going to stay and he's gonna do his job. But allowing Christian Albert Hayes, Who's to have that flexibility in the fluidity.
Speaker 4: That's gotta help absolutely, And obviously it's also it helps a lot to have guys who can play those splitting passes between the lines. That's what's gonna be really important, because you know, it's all well and good having.
Speaker 6: Dale Vega Ferrera rock Rock on.
Speaker 4: The pitch where you need guys who can get them the ball consistently, and having russneck and roll down back there is going to be really instrumental.
Speaker 2: And Jordan up top to feeding him for sure, and that's gonna be such a massive key.
Speaker 3: All Right, the first fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: This is a home game against a rival who wants to come in your house and jump you in the standings. Two points back are the timbers of the Sounders. How do you treat this first fifteen minutes to do the Sounders.
Speaker 3: Let's let's go on both ends. Start with defensively.
Speaker 4: How do you treat the first fifteen minutes defensively? Well, they kind of go hand in hand if I'm being honest. Okay, you want to go along. You want to get Jordan, you want to get Paul in behind, and you want to get the back line up and you want to make sure you're defending in there and put the pressure on them because obviously, at the end of the day they need these points to make the playoffs, so they're gonna be feeling a lot more pressure sure than Seattle is. So I would say play long, get the lines up, and make sure, especially with Kim and Jackson, a lot of communication there. Obviously, Jackson and yam Or have a great relationship. Make sure that communication is buttoned up early on.
Speaker 6: I love it all.
Speaker 3: Right, We'll be back for the halftime show.
Speaker 2: Next up Danny Jackson, Steve Zachawani, Michelle Luca As we are just two minutes away from kickoff at Emerald Qan Casino Pitch at Lolomingfield. Today's countdown to kickoff has been presented by Emerald Quin Casino, the entertainment capital of the Northwest. It's the one hundred and twenty four occasion of Seattle versus Parland and soccer, and it kicks off next on Sports Radio nine fifty km.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Providence, Swedish premat show Sounders FC. Sucker is brought to you by Delta Airlines, proud to donate one soccer ball for every mile rand by Sounders FC players this season through Rain Foundations one Mile one Ball program by Discount Tire get thirty percent shorter average weight time when you buy and book online discount Tire dot com and by Providence, Swedish official healthcare partner of Seattle Sounders FC, Don't Go Anywhere, kickoffz Next.
Speaker 8: Now Providence in Sounders FC are proud to continue the Community Assist of the Match. The Community Assists of the Match will help elevate individuals and organizations who stand tall for justice, equality and community well being. Each match, Sounders FC and Providence will probably recognize one exceptional nominee during an exclusive halftime feature. To nominate a hero in your community, please visit soundersfc dot com slash Community Assist for a chance to be recognized as our Community Assist of the Match.
Speaker 9: This is Paul Rothrock with Seattle Sounders FC.
Speaker 10: I'm a big fan of our charity Ray Foundation and how they use soccer as a vehicle to inspire kids to be well, to learn and to have fun. Raids on a mission to build small fields for free play across Washington, Rave matt It's twenty six fields by twenty twenty six goal early and is now working to build twenty six makes more fields and communities of need right in time for the twenty twenty six World Cup. Join Raves twenty six more fields by twenty twenty six movement today by visiting Ray Foundation dot org slash donate.
Speaker 17: I have to confess I was very excited to call nine one one finally a good one, you know, Like, and I realize that while what I'm about to say is true, it sounds suspicious.
Speaker 28: To I'm like my wife fell down the stairs from.
Speaker 18: His multiple Netflix specials.
Speaker 19: Comedian Tom sigar Up brings this new tour Come Together live at the Emerald Queen Casino.
Speaker 18: We've been center Saturday, November twenty nine.
Speaker 19: Got tickets now at Emerald Queen dot com.
Speaker 14: Quarterback Jordan Love isn't just on Green Bay's team. He's also on the American Family Insurance team because like us, he believes in dreaming fearlessly.
Speaker 15: Just chase your dreams and don't let nobody holds you back.
Speaker 14: And we help protect those dreams with the right.
Speaker 18: Coverage so you can dreamlessly.
Speaker 14: American Family Insurance get a quote and find an agent at amfam dot com.
Speaker 16: Product's not available in every state. American Family Mutual Insurance Company SHI and are Operating Company six thousand American Parkway, Madison, Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Sounders fcsucker. Sounders fcsucker is brought to you by Michelobultra ninety five calories and two point.
Speaker 9: Six grams of cards.
Speaker 1: It's only worth it if you enjoy it and by Provident, Swedish official healthcare partner of Seattle Sounders FC. Now time for Sounders FC sucker.
Speaker 29: Good evening Sounders fans from equc pitch here at Lumenfield where your Sounders face their art drival the Portland Timbers in this final Cascadia Cup game of the season.
Speaker 7: The Timbers currently sit in.
Speaker 29: Seventh position and have still got not confirmed their spot in the postseason. The odds are heavily favoring Poland to clinch a playoff berth, but there is still some work to do, and is Phil Neville continues to tinker with his lineup and formation he knows at one point Tonight solidifies their chance for an MLS Cup run for your Sounders, they qualified for another playoff run last week, their sixteenth postseason appearance in their seventeen years in MLS, but they are limping somewhat into October right now, winless in their four games since their league's cup triumph. The players know a win against the Timbers is just what they need and it might just be the perfect time to play Portland to get back on track. It's the biggest game on the MLS calendar. It feels like playoff time in Luminfield. Tonight is one hundred and twenty fourth game between these great rivals.
Speaker 7: It's good versus Evil, It's Seattle and it's Portland.
Speaker 29: I'm Danny Jackson alongside former Sounders winger Steve zac Quan, who's played in a few these games over the years in his career, and Michelle Ludker down.
Speaker 7: On the sidelines.
Speaker 29: Before we get to Stephen Michelle for their initial thoughts, let's get you the delta. Starting for your Sounders, Stephen Fryin gole. Alex Rolldan will start in the right. He limps off last week through injury but has recovered.
Speaker 7: Kinky Heat will step in for Yama in that starting lineup.
Speaker 29: Jackson, Reagan knew Who, Christian Rolldan will play alongside Albert Rusnak, who drops a line as obed continues to play in the You twenty Youth World Cup, Paul Rothrock on the right. Jesus Ferrera will play in that ten Pedro Dolovitch gets a chance right back into this starting lineup on the left hand side, and then Jordan Morris up front for Portland and Phil Nevill crap owing gol a back, fourth Masquera, Simon Miller, Smith, Ayala and Peritis. In the middle of the park, Anthony DaCosta and Velder are playing. You're attacking three and then Kevin Kelsey up front and it will be Portland who will get the kickoff. Here Sounder's attack in their traditional left side as we're looking at it the north end in this first half, Portland attacking the goal to right the south end and here we go, big Cascadia.
Speaker 7: Cup game and it's all to play for Sounders. Need to win.
Speaker 29: Soda Portland. Steve zac Quani. How do the Sounders get three points?
Speaker 26: Yeah, they don't get much bigger than this, and I think for the Sounders you can field the energy of the proud use that to your advantage. It's been a bit of a load since the Least Cup triumph. But if ever there was a game a team to win and get us off kick started again, it's this opponent. Come out on the front, foot play fast, play forward early and often I think the Sounders really set themselves up for a good trance at three points tonight.
Speaker 29: It comes Portland in the cream kit. Sounders are playing in there saily sheet kit tonight, which is dark green with some flashes of teal across the shirts. As the ball goes down the left hand side and Smith attacking down the left aboard the left back just venturing.
Speaker 7: Forward into the channel.
Speaker 29: Good block out by Melick all On, good early test for him and his body as he comes back from that hit injury. The Brian Schmidtz said it was less serious than they initially thought. Came off in that first fifteen minutes alongside game on and it was a bit of a change for the sound It took a little bit of time to get back on track against Vancouver. As the Costa comes into the hole, ball flicks up on his hand.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be a free kick for the Sounders.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 26: I think if you're a sound is henok at the Timbers team, you kind of know what to expect. They won't want to have much of the board. They're good on the board, but they're very happy to see possession. And Bran Schmets and my pregame chatter who told me the same. Look, we have got to have it off the board, but it's what we do. A bit can well be aggressive early and we're seeing that right now from Sounders.
Speaker 7: Here is a player that can unlock this.
Speaker 29: Back line and it's Sermon alongside Miller today Zuper rich Out there comes to Christian worldn called up for the US men's national team as Christian for this upcoming camp. You will leave after this game, miss the RSL game. So we lost for the Sounders, but definitely something's positive. The ball gets almost flicked in by Pharrera Lot slashing run by roth Rock behind the back four Paul able to snuff.
Speaker 7: It out and they come away with it on their left hand side.
Speaker 26: Yeah, and the Spanish mens, he's going very attacking today in the sense that you know he's trusting Albert Russknak by dropping him back a line next to Christian road On that allows him to get Pedro de la Vega Hey, sus Frere up and Albert Russknack or on the team at the same on the pitch at the same time, and it's gonna go through forever and Rusnick.
Speaker 5: They have to really figure out not take up the same.
Speaker 26: Lane the same spaces, can they when one's on the left hand side, can one be on the right hand side.
Speaker 6: Just really occupy those.
Speaker 26: Portland defensive midfielders because you don't both have to work in similar spaces, but you cannot occupy the same two spaces.
Speaker 29: And as Portland build it with some as you mentioned Sermon as a player that made his debut for Portland in the last home game against Portland, which not this time last year. It's Portland playing into the cost got some space top of the box, right hand side available as Moscao's course, scored some wonder goals against the sound at the top of the box. The Portland timers having now they float it out to the right hand side with my scared with clips it in towards the baxstick. It's gonna be too far for the assistant referees flag on this near so it goes up and for the first time this evening, we're gonna throw it down to Michelle Loveka.
Speaker 3: Good evening, Michelle, good evening you guys.
Speaker 30: Earlier this week we had a chance to talk with head coach Brian Schmitzer and we asked him about the preparation of his team and the messaging from the coaching staff to his squad getting ready for today's match, and he said, you know, they were a little bit more detailed oriented in training this week. They watched more film than usual, and he was a little bit more firm in the messaging. The biggest thing though, he pointed out about this rivalry is, yes, the Sounders have two more home games to close out this season, three games in total, where the Timbers only have two more opponents for the end of the year, the Sounders and then next they head to San Diego, and Brian Schmitzer would like nothing more than to be a part of ending the Timbers season for the year, and a loss tonight and a loss at San Diego would do that for Portland.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Michelle.
Speaker 29: Yet, Brian Schmetzer was definitely telling some stories in our production meeting and of course in his press conference yesterday, and he's been through many a game against Portland, but during my time, of course, twenty plus years ago, during his time as a young whipper Snapper playing back in the eighties of course, and now because of course cause the Timbers as head coach of the Sounders, and they mentioned that Horton.
Speaker 7: Timmers have had his number over the years. Sounders certainly have done well away.
Speaker 29: From home, but at home it's been a bit of a struggle against the Timbers.
Speaker 7: Steve.
Speaker 5: It's one of those stats that if I didn't read it, I would have believed it.
Speaker 26: I think it's been eight years Finish won a game here at home against his Portland Timbers stem and it's really shocking. But I think the reason is the way Portland have played historically is very good in transition and they've had you know, Valeria there for a long time. Of course, the Bastian blankle for a while. They've had finishers at the other end who've punished a Sounder seam that want to play on the front to when I play it open. So we'll see tonight if you've kind of learned from that for the Sounders, don't over possessed a Levs off two exposed and so I think the lesson's have been done. And you mentioned Timbers season on the line today. I think this is a massive.
Speaker 6: Game for both clubs and really free.
Speaker 26: A point, yes that's them well, but you kind of if you get three points, you really put a dent in the other side aspiration for the season.
Speaker 29: Yep, seventh position for the Timbers coming into today's game Sounders in fifth.
Speaker 7: It comes Jordan.
Speaker 29: Morris left cord of the box for the Sounders, wins the ball, brings it back to Ferrara's got some chance to play in that number ten spot with Albert Roznecks still in the field playing alongside Christian of course did that a couple of years ago. It goes into Jordan Morris, back to gold. It comes to La Vega on the six, it goes and it just scooped up in the airby big frame of sermon.
Speaker 7: Looked like come of the hand to strike by Ferrera. Sounders still have it.
Speaker 29: It's gonna be new whips it in Heady clear by Miller scored a wonder goal fro about twenty five thirty yards against Vancouver just a week or two ago in Vancouver.
Speaker 7: Won one tie for the Timbers.
Speaker 29: It was back to back Cascade games for Vancouver Wednesday Saturday.
Speaker 7: Last Saturday. Of course, the Sounders more goes in.
Speaker 29: Here's a good ball from Reagan just skips through and it was Alex rolled On coming off that right hand.
Speaker 7: Side and Crayper comes off his line and cleans it up.
Speaker 26: Yeah, but I like this balance from the Sounders where I've mentioned a couple of times you expect to have possession, but when can you go, Darren, when can you.
Speaker 5: Have hard runners in behind? We had it right there from Alex rod On.
Speaker 26: Great idea, but Jackson Reagan didn't quite put it off a bit too much in the way of the past. But if you want to see the sounds mixed up and because the Timbers are just waiting for you.
Speaker 5: To overpossessed and trying to catchy in transition.
Speaker 29: It was a long ball, just like the Sound is almost unlocked the attacking threat that Jordan, Morris and roth Rock can bring. But Paulard also look at the ball over the top as the Sound has held a high line, but it skipped through over the end line.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be a goal kipe for Stephan Frye. The chance to answer is one hundred and twenty two clean sheets of.
Speaker 29: Course, before goes in flicked forward by Morris, well played by Morris. Now the ball comes into Christian, rolled on right hand side by Jordan.
Speaker 7: It comes Jeorde towards the end line, cuts the ball back. There's a sliding Smith.
Speaker 29: He's asking for a handball, This says the referee on the far side.
Speaker 7: We're just ten yards away or so.
Speaker 29: It's gonna be a corner kick unless the referee get something in his airpiece. But we'll take the corner kick right now. First chance from a set piece for the Sounders.
Speaker 26: They had some good outside run by Jordan Morris there, Christian slips them in. I was kind of hoping Jordan would maybe try to lift that cross there.
Speaker 5: We're seeing a replay now and it's our first look at it. I think that'd be.
Speaker 26: A harsh call if given there defindage of sliding gets a good block on it. But Jordan Morris is trying to play across the gold from that proximity. Maybe you lift one to the back post, give your players a chance to attack with a head up. But as it is no review, no check. Will be a corner kick for the Sounder.
Speaker 7: It almost felt like he wasting hours.
Speaker 5: Very House had to pause because it looked like he was coining for v But it'll be a corner kick for our.
Speaker 29: But it will be a corner kick from the Sounders right outswinger the right foot of Albert rous And one I'm.
Speaker 7: Up in the air.
Speaker 29: Now it's drilled into the nearest post, headed clear by Portland, picked up by rolled On.
Speaker 7: Now you knew who just a little turned away.
Speaker 29: From fresh from Belder the new signing from Olympia Kosts signed in August Norwegian International. It's a good impression so far as the ball goes in Delvega top.
Speaker 5: Of the box.
Speaker 7: As a chat strikes, he's saying it's.
Speaker 29: A handboard, just screwed up on his hand and he was trying to bring it down off his chest Dela Vega, but came off that left hand side and had a chance to.
Speaker 7: Bring it down and shoot. But you free kick for poland they get us underway.
Speaker 26: Yeah, it's a different dynamic only Dela Vega there, I think you know, I mean missing the past few weeks had such a good summer and you can see sort of the quality for no We've been waiting for a while since he ever signed. But this season really in that middle stretch was a big part of the reason why this sound of season really turned around and was headed towards where I said it.
Speaker 5: Now, now back in there, we'll see how fit he is for today.
Speaker 26: But he does give you just a different sort of quality on the left hand side, and he's made a good start to the game so far.
Speaker 29: Yeah, bright, refreshing as Dela Vega certainly had a chance to get a good preseason under his belt, got four goals in preseason, came off that preseason like.
Speaker 7: A house on fire.
Speaker 29: Smois goals in Concacat Champions Cup, and of course let's not forget that wonder goal probably one of the best goals you've seen at Lehman Field against Cruises, all in that seven year old drubbing and League's Cup mastertill finish, there comes Poland now can they break through the stubborn Sounders back line. So far, as the ball goes center, a great step by Jackson Reagan, clean on Belger, swins the ball, now look for pression, then just gives it away. Ball goes in, flicks away by Paradus, who's trying to clean things up. Dela Vega's showing short who just a lot of step home and maybe should have played it down the line, ask it for a foul as it gets wrapped up by Kelsey, flicks a ball clear. Jackson Reagan did the hard work and then just run himself into a bit of a dead end and pauland will have it.
Speaker 26: And that's one of the things as much a mess of recently is because at of the theme of they've been their own worst enemy and some of the goals given. I think if some of the balls in Miami, obviously in Austin, big mistake there as well, just sort of like team's aren't really breaking them.
Speaker 5: I'm not having to work too hard.
Speaker 26: So if you clean up some of the defense of the deficiencies, some of these no one point games or games that we're losing do a turn into three points.
Speaker 5: But you could can't take too many chances back there because you will be punished at this level.
Speaker 29: Tenth minute here Lumingfield Cascadia match up biggest rivals in MLS Portland Sounders.
Speaker 7: Nil nil on Sports Radio KJR.
Speaker 29: Or goes into the middle, little pressed by the Sounders Portland break that press. Now they have it on the left hand side with Smith to Anthony, who has been a rich vein of formist.
Speaker 7: What's flicked for by DeCosta. Here comes Smith towards the end line well read by Jackson Reagan.
Speaker 29: It's a little run by Velda is asking for maybe some kind of handball and much off it jumped up and it was cleared by Jackson. Good defending so far by Jackson. He's been solid reading the play. He's very much in control of his game, and he's gonna have to be even with Kim kihe and all the experienced Kim has, He's gonna have to be the leader back there, and he's started to put that on his shoulders.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're absolutely right, Daniel.
Speaker 26: I think Jackson he's really grown into that role and he's had to roll even more.
Speaker 5: Kim is not the first choice at this point.
Speaker 26: It is Jackson Reagan and so without yeahday he's got to take you.
Speaker 5: This ship role. I think it's a big, big test for him.
Speaker 26: He's obviously had a fantastic season again, but tonight act, you're not expecting that in a big playoff game, first choice that Kim he would be in there, it would be Jackson Reagan. And so I said, good test of not just playing well for himself but leading a backlund, which is a whole different board game.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 29: Tonight's match is presented by Emerald Queen Casino, the entertainment capital of the Northwest.
Speaker 7: Go Sounders. Sounders are able to tip sing out of the game.
Speaker 29: Somewhat that was spoken about with Phil Nevill and bryansch match without just having ice in your veins. As Phil Neville mentioned in his press conference, it's been in many a derby during his time and Manchester United as a player, and of course Everton as well, so Merseyside Derby, Manchester Derby of course, and sure he's spoken about that during his build up to this game for his young team. All goes over the end line. It's gonna be a goalkick for Portland down to our left, of course. A big weekend for sports in the Seattle region started off so well. The Huskies football coming from twenty zip behind against Maryland out the East Coast and somehow.
Speaker 7: Clawed that back.
Speaker 29: Guts and persistence as head coach of the husk is mentioned in his presser as well, just talked about the resilience of his team on twenty four to twenty on the road to their.
Speaker 7: First ten win on the road.
Speaker 29: Of course, next door to us, Mariner is playing in the first game of the playoffs. Huge course for the Mariners. Busy afternoon around here.
Speaker 7: Forty plus thousand next door looks like a fort to.
Speaker 29: A full house here as well for the Portland Sounders games mentioned three for both clubs tonight.
Speaker 7: But as we get sound the real business end of the.
Speaker 29: Season, Steve, if we look at a run in RSL is a makeup game because it was rescheduled due to that league's cup final, and then of course going on the road to New York and that kind of strange East versus West matchup for the last game of the season.
Speaker 7: Sounds are solidified it.
Speaker 29: But they can certainly solidify their fifth spot with a couple of good results the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: YEA, two home games.
Speaker 26: I think if you're coming into this stage of the season, it's very much in your hands of how high you want to finish at this point, two of them at home, you've got to feel confident, You've got to feel good about teeth in the Sounders. Of course you mentioned the extra thing. He'll be able to kind of put a dent in Poland's home. But funny South Sounders tonight's absolutely must win, I think just for mo mentum and morale and definitely definitely get a club.
Speaker 7: Turn out of pressure. I knew who is pressed on his back line.
Speaker 29: Eventually gets some pressure for Kelsey and it goes all the way back to step Friend fry.
Speaker 7: Jackson Reagan at square across the kid Key.
Speaker 29: He of course even the match between these clubs fifteen to fifteen and eleven mls, but Sounders have the benefit of four wins and the total one hundred and twenty three games leading up to this one hundred and twenty fourth game between these clubs.
Speaker 7: Scrawldar tries to slip it through and it's picked up now quickly by Pawland on the left hand. Signer is du Coss striding forward, knows when sound has committed numbers.
Speaker 29: Now they have to retreat it get back behind the boards defense Stephan Fryer's goal and they did a good job as they hold the top of the box, forced Portland.
Speaker 7: To go back.
Speaker 29: Ayala plays it into Anthony mentioned seven goals his campaign so far, cho as a regular free again just a little giveaway by kim Key even picked up now by Farrera. Good one touch ball down the line rock Rock has as he breaks through on that right channel, cuts in sign got some time and space.
Speaker 7: Looking up plays at square.
Speaker 29: It's near signe to as the soundersch the goal to our left, brust neck counseling, scroll rolls it into Perrera, Oh black and run by.
Speaker 7: Rolled on, It comes, rolled on towards.
Speaker 31: The end lighte the Vega scores for the Sounders. He's back in the line up, back on the score sheet, and the Sounders.
Speaker 12: Are right where they want to be.
Speaker 31: One nil up against the Timbers.
Speaker 5: Wow, what team gold, What team gold?
Speaker 6: De La Vega's gonna get older credit here.
Speaker 5: But this is as good as it gets from a team perspective. Heyces Frearro all over it. In the end, lovely little possible. Alex Rodin, who gets there, makes a wonderful cotback and then a.
Speaker 26: Vega on his return from close.
Speaker 6: Race could make no mistake and give these.
Speaker 26: Fans somebody to cheer about. Is it deserve these from the Sounders who made a good start here?
Speaker 5: It was such a good team goode one nil.
Speaker 29: Well, as the Sounder celebrate and they walk back into position, we're gonna throw it down to Michelle.
Speaker 18: What a way to get back into the mix.
Speaker 30: For Pedro delav he has missed the last four matches out with ten nighters in his knee. That is his fourth goal of the season. He's was hoping to get back in the game against Vancouver, but after a couple of injuries and early substitutions, he wasn't able to get any minutes. So definitely are positive here to see for him as he's seeing his first minutes in over four matches.
Speaker 7: Thanks Michelle. Yes, three goals in League's Cup.
Speaker 29: That was his fourth goal in MLS regular season. He just gets involved with Mosquerra Colombian against Argentinian right there.
Speaker 7: Matchup, but Steve.
Speaker 29: Fidela Vega to get back on the score sheet, to be involved.
Speaker 7: You'd mentioned he'd looked right starting.
Speaker 29: This game and we're just over fifteen minutes into it, but he's been involved a couple of different times.
Speaker 7: White plays right time.
Speaker 26: Yeah, you just think for the sound is to be successful, which key guys really have to find their very best form. And he's in a top of the list because you saw what he adds during Leeds. Carpaid very well of moments.
Speaker 5: That he did have. But I think for President Vega, it's when he's.
Speaker 6: Flying, when he's getting touch. He's a different player than you've.
Speaker 5: Been at any stage of his career and the Sounder so far and then getting a goal like that in this kind of game would do. Wonders what he's confidence.
Speaker 29: Yeah, I'm just looking down kim Ky heat after the sound has scored, was stretching out his calf. We know that he's had some issues with the calf that's been It's caused him to miss games throughout the season. It doesn't look particularly comfortable. We're sort of jogging across this near side, a little bit.
Speaker 7: Of a limb in his gait.
Speaker 29: Who cuts the ball away from Felder crossed the half way down this near sight now rolls into Jordan and picks up by Della Veg and knocks down the line.
Speaker 7: Someon's going to roll it back to cray Poe.
Speaker 29: A little bit firm in that bad pass forces craypo to launch it long picked up by the Sounders.
Speaker 7: Now can the Sounders really get a grip of this game?
Speaker 29: We're seeing the Sounders go up goals but conceded soon thereafter.
Speaker 7: And Steeve, you and I have been on a cause before.
Speaker 29: We said the first five minutes after this goal is so important.
Speaker 7: Somehow the Sounders don't listen to us.
Speaker 26: Yeah, my mind is going right there is This next five is going to be so key. You've got expect a bit of a responsible Portland. I think Field never has been up off his bench ever since that boat barking instructions trying to get he seemed going you're gonna expect a bill for response. Is how can you manage that? The emotion of trying to get a second and really stick the knife in, but it also to stick being happy with one nil and kind of finding control over the game. But the sound is so far it's been good, says the sounders have scored if had the board India tech and half which is where you want it, and just got pick the right time to slow the game down and then find you more miss to attack.
Speaker 29: Kim Key is just gonna hold back here, I think, just to con serve himself somewhat. As we mentioned, get to Michelle and a second. Maybe Michelle's got a bit more information, But the boy's gonna get clip towards the back set towards Jacks egg and hits it down and bounces right in front of Cray posim to gather it up as he tries to look for some options playing out of the back. We're gonna throw down to Michelle.
Speaker 30: Yes, kim Ky, he is starting tonight his tenth starts this year for the Sounders out of his fifteen appearances in for Yamar, who will be out for the next four weeks with a hamstring injury. Branchmetzer is saying that he was confident and Kim taking a start today. You have to remember he was a starter in eighteen and nineteen when he was with his first stint with the Sounders. He only missed one regular season start in those two years. But I do want to know for the last ten minutes or so that Jonathan Bell and Kilanie Coosa Rienzi have been warming up, which is unusual for this time of a match. We're keeping eyes to see if there's any more movement.
Speaker 7: There hasn't been any indication.
Speaker 30: Other than them warming up, but we could maybe potentially expect something soon.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thanks Michelle.
Speaker 29: Of course you mentioned last week it was two players who had to get subbed down the first fifteen minutes, and Yamar and Alex rolled on.
Speaker 7: But here come the Sounders.
Speaker 29: As Ferrera connects eventually with Jordan Marris's bull's gonna get flicked in, blocked out by Smith Rothar asking him for a hand balls. The ball goes out in the far side it's gonna be a sound as throw. And yes, we looked to our right hand side as Kilanie and Bell continue to get warmed up. See if I would imagine it's more of a lightful od switch with Belle. Yes, you have to slide Jackson across to the right from his left spot, but you know, Klannie could go in and Alex could maybe slide in. He's played there once or twice.
Speaker 7: But what do you think?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think look at how the goal came.
Speaker 6: Alex assists.
Speaker 26: I think he's given you a lot in an attack of sense right now, and dot think Jonathan Bell has ever put a foot rung when he's been caught upon.
Speaker 5: That's the obvious choice is to bring on Bell.
Speaker 26: And maybe, yeah, you slag Jackson a bit, don't convince him a little bit. I think it's just less adjustment in that way, having to put Alex at center back, which he did, well, just lose what he's given you so five minutes.
Speaker 5: He's been a very good start to the game.
Speaker 29: He certainly has assist for Della Vega, and here's Gore early on. Here as we take towards the twenty minute mark, just perhaps the twenty million mark, I should say sound is leading one goal to.
Speaker 7: In Ill against the Tien.
Speaker 29: But here comes to Delaveaga, goalscorer flicks it intervals with us and that ball bounces around, eventually scurries through to Craper who quickly rolls it out to DaCosta, who has been lively.
Speaker 7: In these first twenty minutes or so for Portland.
Speaker 29: Here's a new signing for Phil Neville, Portuguese DP from long In, France, signing the pre season just before the season kicked off in February.
Speaker 7: So Phil Nevil's had some established players.
Speaker 29: Of course, Miller came from Miami, where Phil Nevill coached before its stint now here in the Pacific Northwest. But Chara in a lifeblood of this franchise, certainly in Portland Timber Sounders games.
Speaker 7: He's been ever present.
Speaker 29: He's on the bench as he comes towards the twilight of his career.
Speaker 7: And they come as sound as pressed they almost went off.
Speaker 29: Ayalo eventually scurries through and finds the ball to Da Costa did actually quite well getting out of pressure there.
Speaker 7: And here comes Velder with the ball right corner of the box.
Speaker 29: Support is Moscow and drops it back to Velder comes across square or cut with his left foot, now rolls towards the endline.
Speaker 7: Miscommunication goes off the end line.
Speaker 29: The crowd like that, it's gonna be a goalkick sound as leave one milk.
Speaker 26: Yeah, I think we haven't seen too much attacking west on the Portland Timbers here. That's the Sound has got back really well defensively inter the block very quickly.
Speaker 5: It's what you've got to be wary of.
Speaker 26: By open twenty two to twenty three minutes here schmess and he's I've got to be very very happy with what they've seen so far.
Speaker 29: Yeah, four game windless streak. As we've mentioned coming out of League's Cup. As it seems like Frony mentioned the Sound has happened won here in Seattle in an MLS game. So it's twenty seventeen, but they have gone on the road and won six times since that last win for the Sound is here, so they've had no problem going to Providence Park and getting results.
Speaker 7: We can remember some of those games and goals. Of course over the years.
Speaker 29: You can go back a little bit further to Steazac Corney's time in both sets of shirts.
Speaker 7: I should add.
Speaker 29: Ball goes down little step over by and the top of the box to Timbers, and Velder tries to find some space to turn a strike. Good block by Jackson. RAI has been the right place, right time defensively already a couple of times in this game. As the ball goes back to Velder, you sign it from just a month ago as new that's a little weak new body's body, and it was good defending.
Speaker 7: Velder went down too easily.
Speaker 29: Assistant referee right next to the action puts up her flag and it's gonna be a free kick, but a little soft Yeah, knew.
Speaker 5: Who read him well?
Speaker 6: And this kind of gotta be game.
Speaker 5: You quite expect that kind of challenge out at least if you're calling those kinds of fouls, it's gonna be calling a lot of things around the evening.
Speaker 26: You who read Velder very well, try to give a little turn. Who shoved him a little bit?
Speaker 6: I don't think it's a foul.
Speaker 26: But he gives the Timbers a great chance to put in a dangerous board from a set piece, and the Sounders now have to be very good defensively.
Speaker 29: Hill pet you get on this right hand side, it's gonna be Felder the new Man with his right foot just a couple of yards in from this near sideline, ten yards or so from the end line. Sound as a hold in the top of their six yard box. No movement yet with kim Key.
Speaker 7: He referee pulls it in.
Speaker 29: More goes in headed clear by now good head of the top of the box. Fines Moscuero just scoots a shot in. We've seen him strike the ball, of course from distance a couple of shots and similar range at Providence Park.
Speaker 26: I mean the shot comes in. Stephan Fry picks it up. Were twenty four.
Speaker 5: Minutes in and who takes off on the counter attack and listen.
Speaker 26: It's very entertaining to watch. But I don't think he needs to go one der up. Just take a shape, give Steph some time to get it bought out.
Speaker 7: He might give Brian more grey hair, so he just be a bit more gray hair. I don't need any of that help. Paul goes in to roll down deep on the right hand side, flick forward by kim Ky.
Speaker 29: He finds Ferrera well brought down by Ferrera striding across the half way like Jordan Morris holding his run de la Vega.
Speaker 7: To his left.
Speaker 31: Keep going forever strikes it out just over the top. It just opened up for him as the.
Speaker 3: Back four for Paul and.
Speaker 29: Backed off when they backed off, and eventually from about twenty three yards he took a shot, went over a goal kick.
Speaker 7: Sounders lead one nil see exact one.
Speaker 26: I think he's been the best play on the pitch Forerra. I think he's playing that number ten roll really well. He's been the bridge between the fence and attack. On that occasion, maybe could have slipped Jordan. I don't mind it. He drives, he's direct in the end, gets too much underneath it, but just the touch to bring it.
Speaker 5: Down and think about it up. It's not always gonna be.
Speaker 26: On a statue, but the things he does for this team attacking wise, it's really fun to watch. He's come into his own second off of the season and he's been He's proven to be a great signing she mets on before the game.
Speaker 6: Some players he had a change.
Speaker 5: Of scenery and he's a guy who had to get out.
Speaker 26: Of Dallas kind of roll and find him off as a man. He's done that here and what an addition he's been. He's been so good and it's open twenty five minutes, but he's been good for the last three months.
Speaker 7: Walkouts to his right inside to Moss.
Speaker 29: Squerer comes back to Hayala crafted left foot as he.
Speaker 7: Kills the ball to the far side. Anthony picks it up left one of the box, a little step.
Speaker 29: Over Paul Rofork doesn't fall for that one. Levin men behind the ball for the Sounders, they defend the top of the eighteen yard box, just stuck step out now as a Sounders put some higher press on the ball with Jamal Miller for Paul and Kazi. Paul goes into Kelsey Lit'll drop off to parade Us little step over.
Speaker 7: Belder picks it up, stumbles, doesn't win the free kick. Russneck's is going to drop the ball back. Has been quie the.
Speaker 29: Efficient so far as Rusneck golaying alongside rolled down mentioned his name to him times. But it's doing a good job, just kind of filling space the right times.
Speaker 7: The board goes over the top by Perrara. Little miscommunication and both those players have talked.
Speaker 29: About how much they've looked forward to playing together. Now they started to get some time on the field together. We've already seen the connections in the past couple of games.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and this why it's time so important, because it takes time.
Speaker 26: To get on the same page. On that occasion. Jordan Morris comes short, Hey Houston's long. That just takes time on the training ground in match practice and you kind of find that riven. But two great players when they do get going, it's gonna add such a dimension to the sound as attack well.
Speaker 29: Tonight's match is presented by Emerald Queen Casino, the entertainment capital of the Northwest Coast. Sounders Stephan Fry has it it's gonna be a goal kick just in the middle of his six yard box twenty seven minute here at lumin Field Sports Radio KJR, of course mentioned Maren is playing next door to us, that the fans have found a way in the traffic and bedluck going around as part of the city is the ball gets clipped long as Sermon sees.
Speaker 7: It well, just cushes a header to Mosquera.
Speaker 29: Sounder is leading one nill and this score up and it is presented by eqc.
Speaker 7: Ian Smith has it fast side the left.
Speaker 6: For Portland.
Speaker 7: As a Sounder starts to find their way in they've been solids and scoring that gold.
Speaker 29: Della Vega opening the gut the game up with that really good incisive play down the right hand side.
Speaker 7: To cut back for Delaveaga in.
Speaker 29: The sixteenth minute and he just roofed the ball in the top of the net in.
Speaker 7: His first start for a number of weeks.
Speaker 29: It's that type of guile that the Sounders might need to unlock some teams to get to the business end of the season.
Speaker 7: Steve he just brings something a little bit different.
Speaker 5: He does he does all right.
Speaker 26: Then you think Pedro has a little bit extra quality, depends how fit he is, but you want to get him minute. You want to get him up to match sharp. And the same with Jordan Morris as well. You need those guys firing. You know what's happening around the league of teams that you think might win it off. The team of the Woman is lifc. They've got two.
Speaker 5: Guys who are at three on fire, So if you have.
Speaker 26: To go through them, you're gonna need the likes of Patrol and Jordan being at their very best.
Speaker 29: Yet, Son Bawanga, that's one two punch offensively in MLS right now, just playing They've played together for years and it comes new striding forward just where he wants to be attacking down the left hand side, makes his way into the Porland half of the field. Sounders then just turn it over and keep possession with Christian rolled on. Really good chance for Christian to make that square of twenty six. I would say in the summer, just able to play a position in the middle of the park. It's so important in today's game just to dictate and play, especially at the international level. You know, the games can sometimes slow down to be a real tactical affair.
Speaker 7: If you can organize.
Speaker 29: And you can also cover ground like Christian does and play the ball out and he just gives them all away away from pressure.
Speaker 7: Good step by Portland.
Speaker 29: Sounders pick it up though, with Jackson Reagan who's been efficient now on the back line as well.
Speaker 7: Sounders so far playing well.
Speaker 29: Bryan Schvetzer should be satisfied with his team's performance at.
Speaker 7: Least verse thirty minutes.
Speaker 26: Steve, you haven't been too troubled. No, Stephan Fry hasn't really been caught into action. I think since the ball the game's kind of settled down.
Speaker 5: It's not outright dominance. The Timbers are having some woman's.
Speaker 26: Coming forward, but yet to really penetrate that sound as back line and defending quite well, but maybe you're seeing a bit too much to a totally At the moment, you're gonna edge your line up a little bit and taking the game.
Speaker 7: It goes pauland know it's good cover by new.
Speaker 29: Kind a combination of Reagan and kim Kyhe just kind of bobble through them inside the eighteen yard box.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be a goal kick. But now who read the danger really well.
Speaker 29: Came across, did just enough to put off the Bortland striker bar goes over goal kick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's what gonna happen. You're defending well.
Speaker 26: If you keep allowing teams to come on top of you and keep attacking you, at some point things may break the win.
Speaker 5: Something can happen. And now o the Timbers getting inside the box In the end, not a great finish.
Speaker 26: The sound has recovered quite well, but a danger signs on there and at one nil definitely staid a dangerous situation.
Speaker 7: Referee just beckoning Fry and Jackson regan just to speed things up a little bit. As Fry gets the ball from Reagan and just drills it down.
Speaker 29: The sounds right hen side but it scoots past roth Rock picked up by smith Well sound as FC soccket is presented by prominent Swedish official healthcare partner of Sounders, FC good Tea for today by the sound is Faithful down to South end a bit of a score up date before everybody on oh bed and the Mexican twenty national team two draws against Brazil and Spain. Morocco had beaten both those clubs, so Morocco is sitting on top of their table with six points. But Mexico manages to pull out a one nil win against Morocco today.
Speaker 7: They sat now in second position.
Speaker 29: Brazil just win the one point looking away by Russneck and then picks up by Jackson. There's to find the ball that breaks the line with Dela Vega goes away.
Speaker 7: It should have turned away and gone.
Speaker 29: Forward, but he goes back, just keeps the ball, drops the ball to rolled on, then gets it back from rolled down across the halfway line farst side the right.
Speaker 7: The Sounders have it with roth Rocks.
Speaker 29: Continues to play great Formers pulled roth Rock, solidifying his cult status with that goal third goal in the league's cup final, and he was asking for help down the left hand side, but everyone's kind of shifted across to the right as Delaveaga made his way.
Speaker 7: From left to right because Sound has maintained possession.
Speaker 29: Break the line now with Reagan drop by Alex rolled on to his brother Chris, who just gets away from trouble through the legs of paraders.
Speaker 18: The ball goes down the right hand side.
Speaker 31: Then a roth Rock get there and put the way he does across the six good defending. My Miller just took it off the toe of Morris, but the Sounders still have it on their right hand side with rolled on Flix towards the back stick, and there's Dela Vega across. It goes punched away by Cray po heading clear boy Smith finds Anthony.
Speaker 7: Blows down by Rolled on far side as we're looking at it.
Speaker 29: But Poland managed to work their way from pressure with Al who just clips with his left foot to this near side to Mosquero standing.
Speaker 7: Right in front of Phil Neville on the Portland bench and now they're gonna attack. Why the sound of stee Yeah, we.
Speaker 26: Have seen it too often, but there is another gear to the sound of team, especially on the right hand side. When Alex rode on overlaps hit times allows rough From to really push your head. The sam is gonna overload the left hand side and then find mismatches on our right hand side.
Speaker 5: It's where the gold came from. And now o casion across from rough Rock just cow just in time before Jordan Morris got there.
Speaker 26: But you do feel good because you see there is an extra gear. The game's sort of in neutral right now, but as Samas can't turn it on and the tiam.
Speaker 6: Is having a very hard time keeping up.
Speaker 29: When they do, something becomes Anthony now on top of the box has to flick it forward heading clear boys really works himself through the discomfort is obviously feeling with that half feels tight to him as continues to stretch it with the game. When the ball is away from him, all goes along. It's a pin iala. Now Sounders needs to me trying to get a grip of the game. With possession fifty to fifty, So farms in the Sounders and timber Sounders leave one nil more goes in more now played into the cost on the top of the box that's left foot all the same what a safe by fry.
Speaker 31: The Costa made his way into the eighteen yard box, snapshot with his left foot. It was heading into the net, and then it was frying flung himself to his left, strong left hand corner kick good as a goal, and.
Speaker 5: What's saying that is an unbelievable left hand. He gets to it and foys on for sure gold the cost of us well gets in the box, strikes it well to get that much of a pond behind it. If there were any question if thefil fries back, that's just been answer.
Speaker 7: What's the same, what's a say?
Speaker 29: Indeed, here comes falling down from the corner kick, it's gonna be elder towards the six headed clear. Now strike scoots through again, top of the box. It is with Sermont back to Mosquerra. They'll didn make it a running behind.
Speaker 7: It's gonna scoot.
Speaker 29: Through and assistant referee on this near side and Steve zach Quarney, I feel it at them, you're running down with her.
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm playing this game. But I also you mentioned the possession.
Speaker 26: I'm a bit surprised by that. Yeah, it's not being the dominant kind of fallout. They're just gonna sit back. I think Phil Neville might sense, Hey, our season's a bit we kind of pen on ha it's called.
Speaker 6: San Diego and needing something.
Speaker 26: We've gotta get all pay against them. We've got to get something done tonight. And now being a goal behind, I think there is some urgency because then even at least a point to kind of keep things interested for themselves.
Speaker 29: Well San Diego, yes they're in, but as a brand new franchise. Saint Louis did it a couple of years ago won the conference.
Speaker 7: San Diego right.
Speaker 29: Now with one game left against Portland, they sit on fifty seven points. Minnesota and sit ahead of them with fifty eight points, so there'll be lots to play for for San Diego.
Speaker 7: That's not just a throwaway game for them. They want to get a win and give themselves the best chance to win the conference. And they're in all your season in MLS, So that's not what pauland want to see.
Speaker 5: Not exactly, And it's why they're playing with the urgency.
Speaker 26: They're not just sitting back on for what they would do a little bit more on the front foot than expected. And I don't think they'll never will be two things and where all behind one or two upset because they Shone flashing a little bit glimpse to say, obviously forced the great save.
Speaker 5: I'll step and Fry, so they're very much fet in the skin.
Speaker 29: Kelsey tries to hook the ball from the right hand side of his left, but it's gonna scoop through to and they need about thirty yardsenal goal takes us Strikers skips in front of Fry, who goes to his right lets it go past. It's the advertising hoardings which the crash you heard. It's gonna be a goalkick for Sounders. But yes, pauland Timbers are just inching ahead in possession. They've got five shots and they'll be the sixth shot that they've taken. Only two of those on goal. But the Sounders have a four shots, one goal from those four. So Sounders will certainly look to try and pick out a little bit more possession in.
Speaker 7: The second and half.
Speaker 29: As we get to the final ten minutes of this first half, Sounders leading one nil. You know, an EQUC pitcher lumin Field you mentioned, Obed gets the result that he needs sound As we're maybe hoping that the team wouldn't do so great, and they get Obed back.
Speaker 7: But it's like he'll be saying a little longer down.
Speaker 29: In Chile for that U twenty World Cup Readbaker Whiting of course there as well.
Speaker 7: I've got great results so far. Will flips through as Smith looks like he pulled down Roth Rock's not.
Speaker 29: Saying anything the thirty three asand plus fans want to see some decision from the referee.
Speaker 7: But Rock Rock fell down, got back up.
Speaker 26: I think it's a tangle of legs, not really a foul dead six and one half dozen at the other death and you can always tell at.
Speaker 5: A first reaction not real a pill from rough Rock.
Speaker 6: It's a referee rng.
Speaker 29: Stition, right hand sight, good read again by New back winding. The sound has done a really good job reading the play Jackson has.
Speaker 7: Done a few times Kim Gehee and this time is New.
Speaker 5: Played very well.
Speaker 26: This club's success, the reason you has been built on the foundation of defending, and that's been in question this season, I think more so for personnel reasons.
Speaker 5: Haven't we had a stable.
Speaker 26: Back five when include the goalkeeper up out of the season, different players missing at various times again tonight also Yama, But again we're talking about the playoffs and you've got only a few chances now to really find you and get it right and defensively. Tonight at least the Sounders the setup has been very good, absorbed. A lot of pressure happened, allowed too much from the Timbers. Of course, the danger would always be there, but the Sounders can be very happy if they're opening thirty eight minutes or so, how they defend them as a group, and then the back four and goalkeeper in isolation as well.
Speaker 29: You have best defensive record in twenty three with thirty two goals against, tied with Nashville Lash years sitting their own with thirty five goals against this year forty seven goals against, so not quite as tight as it has been. Years have some uncharacteristic mistakes by the Sounders, as see second money mentioned a two minutes ago. Just those goals they've been giving up the wrong times and the wrong ways. The worst enemy at times, Mosco just gets in the face of Ferreira.
Speaker 7: Unnecessary by the Portland Timbers right back because the Winter's free kick. Farrera are just having a wood of the referee. Nothing there. Portland have it well.
Speaker 29: This copyrighting audio casts of Major League Soccer may not be retransmitted, reproducibor rebroadcast.
Speaker 7: Without the expressor and consent of Major League Soccer.
Speaker 29: You tick towards the end of this first half, Sounder is leading one nil and a packed house flags waving to our right.
Speaker 7: The north, then full all the way up to the top.
Speaker 29: For the Sounders and for the Timbers they've met a handful of times towards the back end of the season last year of course as well. You've seen the Sounders has mentioned struggle somewhat at home to get winning results against the Timbers, or so many memorable games, not just in MLS play, but US Open covers well, that red Card game where I think they're down to seven men by the end of that one, like the two fourteen fifteen. So there's been many a game in those one hundred and twenty three games prior to today that have given us memories.
Speaker 5: And I think you can speak it as well, Thos Rabies.
Speaker 26: That's really carried over no matter what league they're in, right, whether the Sounders are they're both in USL, the A League, Sounders an MLS dead. It's always felt like that, asked Branch since before the game. Is this still the one, he goes without question, this is still the one you wake up for, you got for, and the fans certainly in foot voice as well.
Speaker 5: Great to go from the timsaw has to be said.
Speaker 26: And I think the game has been a free flowing game, no nasty challenges, very kind of It's flown by really and the Sounders.
Speaker 5: Of course will be very happy that they're leading right now.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll just say you just mentioned about the fans.
Speaker 29: You know, when I think about this game, players come and go, coaches come and go, the fans are the same. Yeah, it's the fans kind of energy they bring to every single game down there in Providence Park as well, but here of course as well as is tonight. It's just a different feel when these two teams play against each other. Yeah, all goes down the right hand side, just gonna scoot over that endline for a Portland Gold kick. As we hit the forty minute mark. Five minutes to go, we'll see what the referee ads are.
Speaker 7: Not much to speak of. It's been a nice open game so far.
Speaker 29: Much of the game has been played in and around eighteen to eighteen yard boxes.
Speaker 7: A couple of shots on golf each team.
Speaker 29: But let's say Crapo and Fry, other than Fry's wonder save from that left hand, which is a sure goal how much to speak of to the Bland. But here they come down the right hand side now with Velder towards the endline.
Speaker 7: Good block by New through the legs.
Speaker 29: Of New, who's DaCosta has it right on the end line in front of the assistant referee on this near side Portland's right like around the corner by DaCosta ll scare keeps it going. There's a poor ball by Muscira, got it all wrong. Should have played it earlier or played it in himself.
Speaker 7: He didn't either. Over the end line it goes sound as lead one nil gold kick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thankfully for the sound as he took the bad choice. That mustcarem. But I think if you'll never will be encouraged.
Speaker 26: The Timbers are attacking, the showing glimpses their final piece has yet to come. But just a little bit of concern for the sounds, just how easy they getting behind, even on the stephand side at times no one really beats me who won on one directly, but off the board runners runners in behind. It can cause problems, which it has so far and so good choice in.
Speaker 5: By Stephan Fried. He's gonna take a long goal kick.
Speaker 26: Just relieve the pressure, get aborting to the attack and half this edge our lineup and start playing more of the territoria game.
Speaker 5: Inside the Timbers half well.
Speaker 29: Head forward it comes rath Ug inside the eighteen, Gray Pop comes out of good save by Gray Pop.
Speaker 7: Della Vega has it towards the end line Rosa b. Moscaro and it.
Speaker 29: Goes headed clear boy sermon, good powerful header by the New Zealander, picked up now by the sounds.
Speaker 7: Good quick free by Della Vega. Vers next available inside the eighteen.
Speaker 29: Here's use And I tried to go through the likes of sermon cleared by the Boland central defender out on this near side for a sounder's throat. Good incisive played by the sounders. It was Rathwick just scurring himself through. It looked like a lost cause, but he got there first and Craiger had to.
Speaker 7: Make it safe.
Speaker 26: Yeah, and it's been three or four times when a sounder just turned up the notch and the timers can't live with it.
Speaker 5: I think for the sounders it's not been there enough. It's been a good half.
Speaker 26: Bump whut to add a final attacking, third change of pace getting multiple runners, dynamic attacking.
Speaker 5: Anytime that's happened, the Timers have really struggled.
Speaker 4: To keep up.
Speaker 5: On that occasion, be brought up by the goalkeeper.
Speaker 7: I almost got caught in trouble, but cleared by serving.
Speaker 29: Then a deflective ball by the cost that goes out on this near side for a Portland throwing well. September fifteenth through October fifteenth, it's Latina Heritage Month. Support Latina owned businesses throughout the month for a chance to win Sounders prizes. Visit Intentionless dot com to find a business near you get into the final two minutes of this first half of whatever the referee will add on after Sounders League one nil referees just gonna force Moscerra back.
Speaker 7: Sounders will take that all day long. As the game just delays itself as Oscare has to bank track.
Speaker 29: And now he's gonna throw it down. The line throws it up in the air, headed forward by Kelsey, but picked up by the sound as little ricochet off Kelsey again from Carrera.
Speaker 7: Now Smith comes down their left hand side, Anthony.
Speaker 29: Available fast side the left across the halfway and then he goes closed down by Roldan, who hasn't missed the beat so far back the lineup after concerned was that he might be out for a little while after come flipping off the first off last week against Vancouver, but he starts he must should.
Speaker 7: Be back for the playoffs.
Speaker 29: Aaul goes in to Anthony, guarded well by Kiffy, He who not like he was struggling somewhat, but looks a little fresher now as it's on the left hand side, all towards the end line. He goes to Smith, here's gonna clip it in with his left foot. Baul bounces around, almost collected by Felder. Scarre plays the ball in quickly turn away for pressure paraders.
Speaker 7: It comes roth Off making a run against Miller. It's got the run on Miller does rath rock well heavyer.
Speaker 29: The touch goes a little bit wide towards the end line, goes down by Miller now slowly down.
Speaker 5: It's a great ball.
Speaker 7: It was almost right on the foot of roll Don. It's good defending by Paradus. It's gonna be a corner kicks and the Sounders fans like that. Sleeves.
Speaker 6: That told, that's precky.
Speaker 26: He's off his feet, he's crapping as loud as anyone here. And that's poor rough Frock in a nutshell so industrious, great.
Speaker 5: Running off the board.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's touched a bit heavy, still rescues it, still makes something out of it.
Speaker 5: And as you said, putting a great board towards Christian Rodan in the end, just couldn't quite get there clear away.
Speaker 6: The Sounders have to.
Speaker 26: Settle for a corner kick, but finishing the half strung here as a seeker.
Speaker 29: Second ball, Sounders heavy worst night corner kick right hand side wake up date for next door to two Tigers Mariners at a second before the halftime break, headed clear both top of the box with rolled up. He said, I'm really well. This right foot scoots him back to a rossneck. Two minutes about it. Time to look down the fourth official. Sounders have it and kim kiehe can't give anything up now, giving up Lake goals in the first half and games in the last couple of weeks, so Sounds keep a bit tight in the locker room. They leave one nil off of Della Vega gold in the sixteenth minute.
Speaker 7: Here comes Rock Rocks just wriggles away needless foil by ayala, that's gonna if film never fits down there.
Speaker 29: It's give me another chance of the sounders to deliver a good ball in from a dangerous position.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a silly foul. Rough Rock really was stuck.
Speaker 26: Didn't have too many options going no it really, But again, as I mentioned, he seems to just make things.
Speaker 5: Happen all the time, and do so again.
Speaker 26: Now occasion I pull rough Rock and it gives Albert russ Napkin off about a minute left him at a time a chance to get something pretty livery has been locased of far, but can you find his quality here? Give me Shrimner something to run onto him.
Speaker 6: He's the only one staying back right now.
Speaker 5: Jackson's up there.
Speaker 26: Jordan's of course put in the air as well. We've got numbers around above. Tim has keeping a high line on the eighteen.
Speaker 5: But the Sounders of a chance to.
Speaker 26: Add to a second here to their lead as.
Speaker 5: Long as Albus Sliffley's good give your run as a chance.
Speaker 7: Sounders lead one nil, one minute to go.
Speaker 29: This score update is presented by Providence swed If you one arm up in the air, by Rusnik.
Speaker 7: He whipped him with his rife.
Speaker 29: De leave me to the sex and Jordan Morris made it just got a heavy touch with his head, goes over the top. It's gonna be a goal kick that should see out this first half.
Speaker 7: Pauland slowly put the ball to the top of their six.
Speaker 29: No rush by Paul, and they want to see this one out as well. Get in the locker room and what's Branch's magic is gonna be a half time stave?
Speaker 26: Yeah, I think it's a more of the same, but more like you know, I like what we've done. We've defended well again. It's a a tough game to read. It a Darby game. You kind of come up all the plans you want. It never really called the where you think and I than the Timmoth surprised me a little bit. But how adventurous they being in possession. Their quality. He's lacked in a final pot of course, but you do want that second get in take a brief up, just give me a little bit more second half if you certainly have the quantity to get a second goal.
Speaker 29: Good first half of the Sounders. Efficient is probably the word of the day for the Sounders. They look good at times. They challenged Crapo in the Portland goal and they managed to execute. In a sixteenth minute delivery by rolled on on the right found Della Vega as he gets his first start in a good number of weeks, comes off that left hand side and from about ten yards out roots the ball into the net. Sounders got one nil, and we'll take a short break, Jackson feltz. We'll be with Shane O'Neill to give you the feedback on that first half. At a halftime here at EQUC Pitch at Luminfield, it sounds one Timbers nil.
Speaker 8: At Columbia Bank, our business is about rooting for yours. Our dedicated bankers are experts at helping you navigate financial solutions centered around your small business. As a top ranked SBA lender in Seattle, our customers trust us to put their needs first. We believe that when small businesses grow, our communities thrive. Columbia Bank is the official banking partner of Sounders FC. Visit Columbiabank dot com to learn more. Columbia Bank member FDIC.
Speaker 13: Hey, they're Sounders fans. All of us at sound Transit love when you take the train to the match but we want to remind you to use crosswalks and obey traffic signals near tracks. Trains are quieter than you expect, travel in both directions and approach at varying speeds that are difficult to judge.
Speaker 12: The amount of time you might save by ducking or.
Speaker 13: Going around a crossing gate isn't worth risking your life for. So next time you're buy a track, play it safe.
Speaker 9: That way. We all wand a message from sound Transit.
Speaker 17: I have to confess I was very excited to call nine to one one finally a good one, you know, like, and I realize that while what I'm about to say is true, it sounds.
Speaker 28: Suspicious Tom, like my wife fell down this.
Speaker 18: Stair from this multiple Netflix specials.
Speaker 19: Comedian Tom Singer brings this new to our come Together live at the Emerald Queen Casino Event Center Saturday, November twenty nine.
Speaker 18: Get tickets now at Emerald Queen dot com.
Speaker 8: Providence in Sounders FC are proud to continue the Community Assist of the Match. The Community Assists of the Match will help elevate individuals and organizations who stand tall for justice, equality and community well being. Each match, Sounders FC in Providence will proudly recognize one exceptional nominee during an exclusive halftime feature. To nominate a hero in your community, please visit soundersfc dot com slash Community Assist for a chance to be recognized as our Community.
Speaker 7: Assist of the match.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Sounders FC Soccer. Sounders FC Soccer is brought to you by Delta Airlines, proud to donate one soccer ball for every mile rand by Sounders FC players this season through Rave Foundations one Mile one Ball program hand by Providence, Swedish official healthcare partner of Seattle Sounders FC. Now time for the Sounders FC halftime show.
Speaker 2: Forty five minutes in the books here at Luminfield, and you're Seattle Sounders leading the Portland Timbers by a score of one to nothing. Pedro de lo Vega finishing off an excellent team goal in the sixteenth minute, Stephen Fry also coming up with a massive save in the thirty fourth minute. Your Sounders are on top right now against the Timbers one and nothing. We'll mention that Sounder's EFC Soccer is presented by Providence, Swedish official healthcare partner of Sounders FC. Jackson Felts and Shane O'Neil here in the booth for the halftime show. Shane and exciting, lots of energy, lots of intensity they were in the first forty five minutes in the Sounders lead.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, this game has that playoff feel again, so much energy on both sides. It felt early Seattle was really on top of the game, and credits to Portland. They hung in there, you know, Finn Sermons having a fantastic first half, Kamal Miller made some big plays, but they kind of crept back into the game, had a bit of momentum going into the halftime, but ultimately Sounders up one bill. They'll be feeling really good, Shane.
Speaker 2: That goal from Pedro dalea Vega, we've kind of watched that whole thing build up together and sort of as we were kind of our physical gestures as it was coming, We're yep, yep, yep, yes, and sort of take us through that play and what worked so well and why I think everybody in the stadium probably saw that build and saw a goal was coming.
Speaker 4: Of course, and it all starts from that run from Paul rothrock in behind, which he's done over and over again in his time here in Seattle. It stretches the back line of Portland and then obviously Albert Russnik gets on the ball, he finds that space for Jesus in between the lines, who slips Alex rolled on a lot of the things we talked about before the game, Albert to Jesus slipping Alex. He cuts it across and what a finish from dalea Vegas. So he looked really lively in that first half. You know, Pedro is one guy that we keep on.
Speaker 2: He was your player to watch great caw obviously, and we know that it's been an adventure for him, you know, frankly these last couple of years, and specifically in these last few weeks dealing with tendonitis in his knee and knowing that the pain Pedro de la Vega must be in and the pain he's trying to overcome. And Brian said that he needs to see how much you can get out of Pedro de la Vega. From my eyes, it looks like Pedro de Levega is back to his league's cup self.
Speaker 6: What do you see?
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, there's there's just an electricity when he gets on that ball. You know, he's got that burst he's got that ability to find players connect combined, and he looks really, really at it tonight and back to his best, no question about it.
Speaker 6: It's not just the goal.
Speaker 4: It's the way he's receiving the ball, the way he's turning, the way he's coming at players. He looks really sharp.
Speaker 2: Well, there's the enormous cheer for the crossbar challenge. We have a doink and we have a winner there in the crossbar challenge. Oh so make a love ultras ninety five calories and two point six grams of carbs. It's only worth it if you enjoy it. Sounder's up one nothing here at the half against Portland. We'll talk about what's available off the bench for Brian Smester and some keys to the second half. That's next to your on Sports Radio nine fifty KJRM.
Speaker 8: At Columbia Bank, our business is about rooting for yours. Our dedicated bankers are experts at helping you navigate financial solutions centered around your small business. As a top ranked SBA lender in Seattle, our customers trust us to put their needs first. We believe that when small businesses grow, our communities thrive. Columbia Bank is the official banking partner of Sounders FC. Visit Columbiabank dot com to learn more. Columbia Bank member fdic.
Speaker 7: Hey Drewan Jonathan Scott.
Speaker 24: Here build a customized renter's policy with American Family Insurance so you can protect your tandem bike on the go fee Oh he is struggling with that two seater. Life's better when you're under American Family's roof Ensure. Carefully, dream, fearlessly, get a quote and find an agent at amfam dot com.
Speaker 25: Some exclusions may apply. Products not available in every state. American Family Mutual Insurance Company sign its operating Companies six thousand American Parkway, Madison, Wisconsin.
Speaker 27: Gallagher knows what's essential to our community is being there for one another when it matters most, facing the future with confidence together. It's why we're proud to sponsor Seattle sounders FC.
Speaker 23: Through every challenge, Gallagher.
Speaker 27: Consults with employers from around the globe to better drive outcomes for their organization and employees. Because no matter what new normal comes next, Gallagher is here to help you face it. Gallagher Risk Management, Benefits, Insurance and Consulting. Visit us at AJG dot com.
Speaker 8: Sounders FC is proud to partner with Regent's Blue Shield, a health plan that's been helping keep Washington healthy for over one hundred years, and now two proud organizations are coming together, uniting under a shared mission. Both sounders FC and Regent's Blue Shield believe that play is not a privilege. We will work hand in hand, leveraging the power of software to make a positive impact on children's lives. Sounders FC and Regent's Blue Shield champions on the pitch and in the community.
Speaker 21: AH Mcvalue a McDonald's has any size soft drink for a dollar forty nine.
Speaker 4: What was that?
Speaker 22: I feel like when you just say ah after you drink, you're missing an opportunity.
Speaker 18: Check it out AH dollar.
Speaker 21: Forty nine for any size Coca color, diet cocne Okay.
Speaker 18: Here goes sprite to.
Speaker 21: Any soft drink, any size, AH dollar forty nine. This deal is awesome.
Speaker 23: Price and participation may vary. Cannot be combined with any other offer.
Speaker 26: Sound is Funds Looking for behind the scenes content, interviews with your favorite pleasant coaches and expa x's and o's and assist, make sure to check out the sound is FC podcast with the Captain Bratt Evans and myself Steeve ze Kwani.
Speaker 8: Whether you're a diehard sounder, faithful, a lover of the beautiful game, or thinking of attending your first match at Lumenfield, this show is for you, with weekly episodes available wherever you get your podcasts. Check us out as your source of Sounders soccer across the Sound.
Speaker 5: Joined to put Goal Sounders.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the home of Sounders, FC Seattle's sports Radio nine point fifty kJ R.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Luminfield.
Speaker 2: It's the halftime show where the Seattle Sounder is currently leading the Portland Timbers by a score of one to nothing. Gosh, it'd be great to get the first win over the Timbers in quite some time in this building. Here tonight we will see what happens. I will say that two things, This cyprited audio cast in Major League Soccer may not be retransmitted, reproduced, or rebroadcast without the express written consent of Major League Soccer. Also that tonight's match is presented by Emerald Queen Casino, the entertainment capital of the Northwest.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at what Brian Schmenz has available.
Speaker 2: On his bench tonight That includes Jul Paulo, Jonathan Bell, Danny Muzzowski, Snyder Brunell, Danny Leva, Colonikoza, Rienzi, Georgie Manongu, Osase de Rosario, and the backup goalkeeper Andrew Thomas changed first up. Looking at that bench, who on that can help Brian Schmitzer. And maybe the better question is, at this point, with a one nothing lead, with the players on the field, with no midweek match, when does that first sub even come?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would imagine it doesn't come for a little bit of time here because Seattle has looked really, really good in that first half, make no mistake about it. Obviously, Georgia Minongu stands out as somebody who's gonna be really, really dynamic and dangerous, and we assume that dal le Vega's not gonna go ninety, so I would imagine we'll see that switch at some point. The other guy that i'd love to see get some minutes just to see what he's got before the playoffs is Jo Polo. I mean, obviously such a quality player and you'd love to be able to kind of get him a few minutes in a big game to kind of see, okay going into the playoffs here like, how's he looking, how's he feeling coming back from his injury?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think you just spelled that out right there, Joel Paulo for Pedro de la Vega. Because you have Albert Rusknat come up, you have Hay Suce Frera split out right, you have Paul Rothrock on the left, you have JP next to Christian that he just writes itself right there. Let's jump to keys to the second half. Shane, what are the Sounders need to do to get three points tonight?
Speaker 4: Well, I think one of the keys will for sure be just keep it clean. I felt like Portland only got their opportunities from kind of cheap giveaways, maybe lackluster moments.
Speaker 6: If you keep it kind of tight, keep it.
Speaker 4: Buttoned up, focused, especially in your passing, I think they'll be okay. Obviously, I talked about Veld before the game, knew who hasn't clamped that guy. He hasn't done absolutely anything, and I feel like Portland has in terms of actually breaking the Sounders down. I feel like it's only come off of giveaways.
Speaker 2: Seattle leads Portland one nothing second half with Danny Stephen Michelle. That will start next on Sports Radio nine to fifty KJRM one the.
Speaker 20: Same expert advice from the pros at a discount tire store. While shopping for tires online, meet Treadwell, your personal tire guide. Treadwell is an online tire buying guide that gives you personalized recommendations based on your location, driving habits, and tire performance. Just enter your vehicle info, zip code, and driving routines, and then Treadwell will match you with the perfect tire for your vehicle. Shop for tires with Treadwell at discount tire dot com. Let's get you taken care of.
Speaker 8: Providence and Sounders FC are proud to continue the Community Assist of the Match. The Community Assists of the Match will help elevate individuals and organizations who stand tall for justice, equality and community well being. Each match, Sounders FC and Providence will proudly recognize one exceptional nominee during an exclusive halftime feature. To nominate a hero in your community, Please visit soundersfc dot com slash Community Assist for a chance to be recognized as our Community Assist of the Match.
Speaker 13: Hey there, Sounders fans. All of us at sound Transit love when you take the train to the match, but we want to remind you to use crosswalks and obey traffic signals near tracks. Trains are quieter than you expect. Travel in both directions and approach at varying speeds that are difficult to judge. The amount of time you might say by ducking or going around acrossing gate isn't worth risking your life for.
Speaker 12: So next time you're buy a track, play it safe that way.
Speaker 9: We all wind a message from Sound Transit.
Speaker 14: Quarterback Jordan Love isn't just on Green Bay's team. He's also on the American Family Insurance team because like us, he believes in dreaming fearlessly.
Speaker 15: Just chase your dreams and don't let nobody holds your back, and we.
Speaker 14: Help protect those dreams with the right coverage so you can dream fearlessly. American Family Insurance. Get a quote and find an agent at amfam dot com.
Speaker 16: Products not available in every state. American Family Muture Insurance Company. Sign to to operating company six thousand, American Parkway Medisine, Wisconsin.
Speaker 8: At Columbia Bank, our business is about rooting for yours. Our dedicated bankers are experts at helping you navigate financial solutions centered around your small business as a top ranked SBA lender in Seattle. Our customers trust us to put their needs first. Believe that when small businesses grow, our communities thrive. Columbia Bank is the official banking partner of Sounders FC. Visit Columbiabank dot com to learn more. Columbia Bank member FDIC. Sounders FC is proud to partner with Regent's Blue Shield, a health plan that's been helping keep Washington healthy for over one hundred years, and now two proud organizations are coming together, uniting under a shared mission. Both Sounders FC and Regent's Blue Shield believe that play is not a privilege. We will work hand in hand, leveraging the power of soccer to make a positive impact on children's lives. Sounders FC and Regent's Blue Shield champions on the pitch and in the community.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the home of Sounders FC Stle's Sports Radio nine fifty KJR.
Speaker 29: Welcome back sound As fans to EUC pitch here at Lumenfield is the players make their way back out on the pitch. Saw the second half and for the sound as it was a good, solid, efficient first half capped off by a pedro de la Vega goal in the sixteenth minute, assisted by Alex Roldan, and the Sounders went into the half time break one nil up against their fierce rivals, the Portland Timbers on a night for Seattle Sports two too. Right now across the street between the Tigers Mariners in the first game of first playoff series of the Sounders.
Speaker 7: Can they get three points the winners.
Speaker 29: Eluded them in the four games after league's Cup final. Where they want, of course that game here three Nila gets a packed house and it's gonna be looks like an enforced change for the Sounders. We'll get it down to Michelle Lucuina just a moment to give us a bit more perspective and detail on that one before we get you the lineup coming out for this second half of both teams. But the Phil nevill and is Portland Timbers team, they've got two games left here and next two weeks against San Diego in decision Day.
Speaker 7: So here go.
Speaker 29: The Sounder is getting a second half kicked off here. They're attacking the goal to our right in there, say the seat kit of dark Green with Teal before ricochets off to Jordan Morris. Can they find a quick goal as they did just a few weeks ago Georgie Meningo, and it introduction to that second half at Austin where he.
Speaker 7: Scored in the first minute.
Speaker 29: Of course, well less adventurous change for the Sounders, So wild Timers are gonna work their way through the back line for the first time this second half.
Speaker 7: Give us a bit more information. Throw it down to you, Michelle, Yes, thank you.
Speaker 30: Danny you obviously indicated the substitution for Kim Key Heat coming up, Jonathan Bell coming back in. I'm going to pause right there.
Speaker 7: Danny Yah, roll down the left, turn side. We'll get right back to you, Michelle. As Anthony has it down left hand side to Smith as he gets.
Speaker 29: Chaperone towards the corner flag ands clipped Away's could be a throwing for the Sounders and bat.
Speaker 7: To you, Michelle, thank you.
Speaker 30: I talked to head coach Brian Schmener and he indicated to me that kim ky Heat is dealing with some tightness in his calf. They are assuming at this point that this is similar to an injury he's had previously, but we don't have any further details than that, other than tightness in his calf.
Speaker 14: And they're going to continue to evaluate it.
Speaker 30: But something to watch for is that Jackson Reagan is one yellow card away from yellow card accumulation resulting in a one match suspension, so it'll be interesting to see how that factors into the last forty five minutes to play here today.
Speaker 29: Also, yeah, thanks Michelle. We'll have every right from the bench on his left hand side. They're attacking the north end. The gold to left sound is in their.
Speaker 7: Traditional south end direction for the second half.
Speaker 29: As Bell gets his first touch of his introduction to the lineups, we'll get back to step and fright. Check your touch type to step Frod fright on the goal line. He managed to get the ball clear. The ball goes across the six yard box asking for m Bull bounced off Russ next chest, nothing given by the referee. Sound has come out with Perera.
Speaker 7: Good ball by Parata's left foot down his right hand side, running behind by Jordan Morris and it comes rock rock across. It goes strong with his right foot almost fans.
Speaker 29: The top corner does delevate round of reports by Cee Zach Marney next to us, but the sound has broke. Well, it's gonna be a goal. Kick, they leave one nil.
Speaker 5: And it was it was an important attack because you're right, I mean Jackson Reager's Stephen Fry no favors of that back pass, the fight at him that Stephan Fry deal with it well on the.
Speaker 26: Other and Sounders with a good attack Rock Frock maybe could have sliped Jordan Morrison, chose not to and then found it a Vega.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 26: Normally I say take up time to compold yourself, but Dela Vega has a flare for the spectacular with a decent attempt.
Speaker 5: On that on the left hand side, trying to curl the top corner just missed out, sounds.
Speaker 29: Run off side, nothing given by the assistant referee. Quite young Anthony. Here comes Anthony off that left hand. So I go square two.
Speaker 7: I'll eventually goes up.
Speaker 29: He just I mean, Rosneck's response is the same as what we are, just shrugging his shoulder and thinking.
Speaker 7: It's ten seconds. Put your flag up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and when it's that obvious you can kind of see it. Let me just call it.
Speaker 26: I mean, I get when the bulls closer to the gold, something may develop. You may need to give yourself more time. But yeah, now, occasionally I think it was quite obvious. One thing, you know, Schwetzawa says, go to change games in this situation, goals change plans because they had a sort of an idea of the la Vega and.
Speaker 5: They won't shore how fit would it be. But he's got a goal.
Speaker 6: He's probably a half time.
Speaker 26: He says, guys, look, I feel good and I've consulted with a medical team and they put him out there. We'll see if he has another ten to fifteen minutes in him, But it's a good signed seat that pager can push beyond just forty five.
Speaker 29: Minutes, because it feels like sometimes Steve, these players are so kind of evaluated based on data and stats, not like the old way we used to play, like do you feel we'll keep going yet exactly?
Speaker 5: Going exactly?
Speaker 26: And I see that seems have taken place and that which is good. But he's been very good for the Sounders, and I just think this game now, the Timbers are going to give you a strong put second off. His first ten to fifteen is going to be very important. Can you build a cushion, can you find a second bold to start to put this game slowly out of reach? The longest days one ye. We've been sending all season long. Anything can punish you at any moment.
Speaker 29: Quick goal kick by Portland's The ball went over the endline miscommunication between rough rock and rolled arm. But Sanders pick it up from the clearance from Timbers and they drop into their defensive shell. Now Sanders have some possession coming out of this second off Jonathan Bell and now breaks the line well with Rossnak now turns on the half turn place for Rare. I got a pocket of space on the left hand side, said the ball out to della Vega. Now rolled on looking up, head up, goes forward back to Della Vega, to new who is new, goes all the way back to Stephan FROI we'll throw it down to.
Speaker 7: You, Michelle.
Speaker 30: Thank you, Danny yeh, says I indicated earlier.
Speaker 7: I talked to head coach.
Speaker 30: Brian Schwenzer on his way back out, got his initial thoughts on the first forty five minutes of play, and he said overall he was really pleased.
Speaker 7: The biggest areas to work.
Speaker 30: On were possessions, and they've had some, you know, close possession in the back of the field near Steph and Fry by the goal and He's like, I don't want possession there, I want it on.
Speaker 7: The opposite end of the field.
Speaker 30: So they really talked about getting Kayesus and Albert to drop back more and then really trying to catch them into one on one situation with either roth Rock.
Speaker 12: Or Morris up the field.
Speaker 30: And he said the biggest message he pushed to this team is that this is a ninety minute match. We're forty five minutes through it, but we've got forty five more to go.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Michelle.
Speaker 29: Sound As lead one nil fiftieth minute here at Luman Field.
Speaker 7: Three games remaining of this campaign for the Sounders that made the playoffs.
Speaker 29: Ball and timers up two games, including today, and there's last games against second place San Diego inaugural season. So no easy thing to go play. San Diego's assistant referees flag on the far side. Go is Avin Smith, the broading left back eats off side. It's gonna be a free kick for the Sounders deep in there's half the field. Actually it's played a little bit further up the field. Referee doesn't pull it back. Stephen Fry checks now Jackson Reagan's touch. He manages to deal with it. Ball down like good one touch ball here comes Morris, got a chance, Millers can't do anything else.
Speaker 7: Botro Kinnie's body between ball and player does pretty well.
Speaker 29: It comes Morris tries to back into Sermon froms off Sermon's knee, Ballard clean things up.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 26: I like your point there from a showing to him to Schmiss because I had a feeling of that in the first half where the poussession was okay, but it was it wasn't good territoriy and know if it was in the back half of the field, I'm sort of building at the back can get more possession in the attack and half really put pauland under under pressure here. The game hasn't gone as I thought. I thought seen close the fifty five to sixty percent possession, the teams have given a good shaped possession two surprising me.
Speaker 6: It's not just being.
Speaker 26: Transitioned, so much more of a back and forth game than expected. But I agree with watching metts Stal with Michelle. I think you want to see the Sounders having possession in the attack and off a lot more, and that is going to include Russnik and Ferrera finding a lot more touching.
Speaker 6: On the board.
Speaker 29: Headed clear by Jackson Reagan for a long ball played forward by Portland back line and then the clearance Vyn who goes up in the night sky flick forward by Morris. Elvaga comes back really well, turns out a pressure takes it off Ayala's foot. Here comes rolled on, getting harried now and pushing the back here comes rolled on, keeps going, finds Ferrera rock rock to the right, gets it right corner the Engen yardbox gets his head.
Speaker 5: Up across the six.
Speaker 29: Played well by Miller, really good defending by the Portland center back, and then Kelsey just shrugs off Jackson Reagan. Nick comes Poland in transition three versus three Norn behind and a heavy touch by Anthey the wrong time, trapped well.
Speaker 7: By Knew who goes to to fry. He throws it out quickly in their games really.
Speaker 5: Opening up now, Yeah, this game might be a little too open.
Speaker 26: And I think to your point in branch Mens is up off his bench instructing these guys.
Speaker 6: Just where's my balance?
Speaker 5: You know, we're selling five forward and defending with five.
Speaker 26: That's not what I want. I want a little bit more balanced. The tim was there got through a little bit too easily. Indian Anthony's touch was too strong, pushed it too far. But all evening I've says the danger is there. One will not be enough is my feeling game because I think the tim is us showing enough glimpses in attack. Maybe not the quality yet, but they are certainly getting into some promising positions for them, and they'll be slightly encouraged with how this game's gone so far despite being one nil down.
Speaker 29: Yeah, it was good play by Kelsey, just kind of road the challenge of Jackson's trying to nip in and win the ball, and Jackson went to ground. It was Paul and we were able to spring into the counter as the balls not back to Jonathan Bell pressed now by that man's.
Speaker 7: Kelsey ball all the way back to Steph and fry Well. Wherever you're headed, Discount Tire wants to get you there safely.
Speaker 29: Shot for Tires with Treadwell your personal tire guy at Discount Tire dot Com. Fifty fourth minute here at Lumenfield Sounders one timbers niled in this one hundred and twenty fourth game between these two great rivals, and this scrupny is presented by EQC Sounders.
Speaker 7: Have it in their back line.
Speaker 29: With Jonathan Bell introduced at half time for injured kim Key, Hugh managed to work his through way through forty five minutes look like he made have to be pulled joined that first half.
Speaker 7: He looked uncomfortable at times, but he looks his way through it well.
Speaker 29: Good board by Della Vager from that this near touchline inside it goes.
Speaker 7: Ferrera has it right of center.
Speaker 29: Now drills the ball to the far side, off to the chest of raft Rock, and it's gonna be off side.
Speaker 7: And Steve, you're a left wigger. You could talk about saying right across that line, that's gonna drive a.
Speaker 26: Coach the biggest pet peete when it's gonna be a crossfield plus a dagonal the balls in the air for a few second, it's going forty to fifty yards sometimes more. There's no excuse to be offside roth rockn order. The moment Ferra pits his head up, you check your line, am I onside because he receives that he's one one and he's off to the racist, So he really bells out the defenders there because the Timbers were not well positioned and Indiana Sounders what could have been a promise of situation just ends up being a freaking for Portland when it.
Speaker 5: Should not be the case.
Speaker 29: Good play by Rosneck far side the left to shepherds the ball out of play. It's gonna be a sounder's throw with New who quick up day across the street. Tigers go up three to two. Top of the eleventh. Somaron has got a little bit word to do. Now I'm quite hearing any sounds coming from over there. The sound of the s sam with the Sounders faithful is too loud for us to hear that packed house over the team Morble Park.
Speaker 7: But here come the sounders. Can they find a second?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 29: Whipped in by a rath Rock headed clear by Smith, picked up by rolled on left of center outside the eighteen yard box.
Speaker 7: Back to rath Rock.
Speaker 29: It goes a little shimmy shake of his hips and then plays the ball back to New who then rolled on to New who sounds looking for the opening Here is Alex rold On makes a little run, but Frera turns out of pressure well and they's hustled off the ball by Paradus and Ia, the two defensive midfield players.
Speaker 7: Good step by checks and he doesn't win the ball has happened a couple of times now.
Speaker 29: It comes Anthony down the left hand side inside the eighteen yardbox.
Speaker 7: Bell shepherds it well back it.
Speaker 29: Goes, and then Sounders well, Christian rolled on cleans things up Forrera's gonna make a run down the line. Little cutboard by Christian de la Vega just scoots in front of Kelsey and the Sounders able to withstand another counter attap.
Speaker 7: It's happened a couple of times.
Speaker 29: Now where Jackson stepped missed the ball and it's allowed Paula to go forward.
Speaker 26: It has them both times. Anthony's the one who boats me, has to let his team down. But the danger signs of there. I think that one day will be sad. A couple of times now it's not the strongest lead to happen to Timber's getting out of the counter attacking ow a few times. They're gonna take one more chances. In the end, they've got a risk losing by two or three for the risk for getting back into the game because they cannot let it go to Fountain the last day for themselves. As we mentioned, San Diego also will still have tough to play for and inside it's the Timers win today. They leap from the Sounders.
Speaker 6: They've got a point about the Seal Sounds.
Speaker 5: Of course, Sounds have a game in hand, but that should be enough of an incentive to.
Speaker 7: All in behind. Kelsey runs through. He's gonna scoot it. Just what if the post.
Speaker 29: Fry came out assess a referee flag came up. Eventually it looked like it was a yard or so offside. It's gonna be a free kick for the Sounders.
Speaker 26: But yeah, Schmat's he's yelling to album something you mentioned moments ago.
Speaker 5: Just settle it down.
Speaker 26: The game is way too open right now, and that is not the way that the Sounds one is going to be going.
Speaker 6: That's suster.
Speaker 26: The Timber is way more it's way to open, and the tim is not mine. They're gonna keep running, take their chances. They've gone behind three times now, a couple of times offside, a couple of times bad touches for example. But it's a little too open.
Speaker 6: Not enough control through the middle right now.
Speaker 5: And I hate to say it. May see these moments you do miss a guy like Albert Fargus, power.
Speaker 29: And pace of obed through the middle, just showing something. The maybe is Anthony just knocks rough across the ball.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be a.
Speaker 29: Thrown from Portland on his nearside. Let meshure about Jordan Morris. You know he's had a couple of starts now going back from that shoulder injury.
Speaker 7: Of course, he was down for a good while. It takes a player some time to get back in the swing of things. Look at you coming to them. Over Here is Morris down the right hand side.
Speaker 29: It's good defended by the Sounders and counterpress all goes back to Jackson, will step forward. Here comes Jackson top of the box, cuts into rusnock back.
Speaker 7: It goes to John fa Bell just as he sees that corny Mansions putting the foot.
Speaker 4: Of the ball.
Speaker 7: And if it's not forward, go back. Just keep possession.
Speaker 29: And what Sounds need to do is just control these games. They went up to a nil of course against the Galaxy. It's given away by Dela Vega. And then here come balland again Sounders all over the place right now in transition, and Paul's gonna scoot group board bounces. Good play by Alex just cushions his head and then flicks it to Delava, goes back. So Jordan Morris ruin himself back in the game, thinks the game's kind of gone around it. It feels like today he.
Speaker 7: Needs a god.
Speaker 26: I figured we did the game against Buston when he came on, had a chance right away. You thought, if you could put that one away, he probably gets two or three.
Speaker 4: More over the next few games.
Speaker 26: But he's such a streaky players a confidence playoff and I think he just needs a goal. Doesn't always have to have his best game, always be involved, but as a striker, missing the chance of the year that he has missed was gonna really get him going and ramped up in time for the playoffs. Which we need is seeing the board in the back and in any fashion play haven't.
Speaker 29: Of course, he got sixteen gold men in all competitions. Danny Maussosi is sitting on the bench. Azage de Rozzari, of course had a wonderful League's Cup run goal in the semi final goal in the finals, so he's chomping on the heels of both those two players. So manche Metz has got some options playing in that number nine position up fronts gold On steps in, it's gonna be a free kick for Portland. We'll get to Michelle Luck in just a second. We will let this free kick play out right now, as the timber starts to send the big men up as sermon the big New Zealand that goes up, Kamal Miller just drops the ball. Now he's gonna make his way up the field and it'll be new Man Velder, the number ninety nine, just about.
Speaker 7: Ten yards in from the Bortland bench and this near.
Speaker 29: Sideline, got a chance to whip it in with his right foot. Sounders holding the top of their eighteen yard box and they lead one nil here thirty minutes to go near at lumin Field Sports.
Speaker 7: Radio KJR, Sounders holding their box.
Speaker 29: It's gonna be whipped in by Belder and it comes good delivery, curling headed wide and then over the end line by a Sounders player, and it's gonna be a corner kick for Portland.
Speaker 7: Down on this left hand side. It's gonna be Velder again. He's gonna run out and play this cornerkick with his right foot. It's gonna be an in. Swinger's got some good whip on this delivery.
Speaker 29: As Belder, the Rwegian international signing from the Olympia cost just a few weeks.
Speaker 7: Ago one I'm up in the air.
Speaker 29: Now it gets whipped with right on top of Fry's a good solid poch by Fry inside his six collected again by Mos Squerra. The Sounders will step or does all the way back to Craper. It's gonna take his opportunity to knock it long now down for far side the right who reached the ball that was picked up top of the box, rolled across to Kelsey with his left foot down the line.
Speaker 7: It goes toward Felder.
Speaker 29: There's gonna be another corner kick, Michelle. I promise you're gonna get to you. We'll get you right there. It's gonna be another corner kick from Portland again. It's gonna be on the left hand side again with the right foot of Veelder, saying, set up us just a moment or so ago.
Speaker 7: Sound you have to defend this.
Speaker 29: Six yard box of the well whipped in ball by Velder just a minute ago, felt well by fright with the punch. Now it goes near and short put clear by rolled On finds the coss it.
Speaker 7: Brings down brilliantly with his right foot. Balls at square to Anthony Cuts the wall to the top of the each and yard. But ayala to Kelsey.
Speaker 29: We've been fending by rolled on again, but it's gonna scoot over the end line.
Speaker 7: Third corner kick.
Speaker 29: In a row for Portland on there left hand side again it's Pi Veelder again with the right foot. The costa goes short, this time marshaled well by Ferrara. Sounders need to stand strong leading one nil, needs there. I'll try bilder tim but Pau gets whipped in short again. It comes off de la Vega. It's gonna be a fourth corner kick.
Speaker 7: In a row. So far, so good. Ben don't break is the message for Brian Schmitze to his men.
Speaker 29: They work on set pieces. Now goes short. This sign to the coosa to Anthony. Now whipped in clos down well by rolledn It just scoots around, thinks it well by Anthony.
Speaker 7: He's gonna head it forward and then cleared by Morris who's gonna pick it up on the far side. Got left, we'll step over, no pressure.
Speaker 29: For he's gonna go back and as the Sounders built through the back, we'll throw it down to you Michelle.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Danny.
Speaker 30: We've got some substitutions about to come in here. I've learned that it's Georgie coming in from Pedro de la Vega, who got to Steve's points earlier. He was kind of on a minute watch here for today's match. He got more minutes than originally fought by the Sounder staff coach telling me at halftime it was very impressibly what he saw from Pedro in the first forty five.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna pause right there, Danny, Yeah, thanks, Michelle, get right back to you. It's about four corner kicks in the row.
Speaker 29: It comes to the costaf w Pennans gonna bounces awkwardly in front of Stephen Fry.
Speaker 7: He's gonna marshal his troops out and Michelle will throw it to you.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 30: The other substitution that's coming in is Danny Mussovski. We can surmise at this point that he will be coming in for Jordan Morris. While I have not had that confirmed, I believe Jordan's time will be done for tonight, only in his second start in the last five straight appearances since he missed nearly two months from that shoulder separation to Steve's point earlier. How meeting he is of getting a goal.
Speaker 7: He has not scored since he.
Speaker 30: Set the record for all time goal scoring for the Sounders back in March, and today it was a hard one for him to even try because in his nineteen appearances across his career against Portland, he's only scored once.
Speaker 5: It comes here.
Speaker 7: Can he get on the board before he goes off? Clips him by nude rules. The fo post skips through govern too far from Rosnack's able to collect. Now skip to towards the bank.
Speaker 29: Post skips all the way through to new Wren's sitting with his left foot headed clear picked up right corner of the box.
Speaker 7: Point Alex rolled on. He's gonna cut the wall back to Jackson Reagan.
Speaker 29: Good florid attack right now for the sound It's gonna find their second goal. Rold On just strides forward a couple of step ups inside the eighteen yard park on top of the box. It goes to Rosnack. Got some time, then it gets carried out. It's gonna be a challenge Revere. He's gonna pull it back.
Speaker 7: Waited for a squad second for the advantage. Nothing there.
Speaker 29: It's gonna be a free kick for Patland and the subs there will make their way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think your subs something needs to change.
Speaker 26: It's been a little topping, as we mentioned, and yes these are attacking changers.
Speaker 5: But it's a different dynamic Georgie. We know it already when Georgie.
Speaker 26: Comes on, and let's just see what happens to say, whether Roth Frock stays on the left or comes across the.
Speaker 6: Right hand side.
Speaker 26: But Georgie's direct dynamic, gonna try to make things happen. And I think Jordan Morris his evening's off Misofsky.
Speaker 5: Just finds golds. He's been finding golds.
Speaker 26: Of course, we know he's on the verge of breaking that club record quite surprisingly me to Ruth.
Speaker 6: Yaz and old Kamie.
Speaker 26: Martin's in all competitions, so he'd be happy to get a gold as well. And of course it looks like rough Rock will he's coming across to the right here, I'm not.
Speaker 5: Sure because Georgie.
Speaker 6: Has also still on the right.
Speaker 26: Yeah, Rothrock' still on the left. Georgie will play on the right, and of course Miss will go right up top. But Fresh legs a little different dynamic. K from the sounders Mussovski not as adept as getting behind us Jordan Morris. So maybe Ferrera has the gap and support him a little bit, but he just gives the Timbers defense a different look to look at him.
Speaker 29: Yeah, highing form of course, confidence seeping through DOWNI Massovski right now, but right now the sounds after the defense right hand side, Look a couple of steppers overs by Felder the far side the right. You're asking for deflection of Felder. An unfortunately quick update, not a good update for Mariners and Seattle sports fans. They go down three to two against the Tigers across the street from us, so they lose that first game of the playoffs.
Speaker 7: So we've got lots of opportunities to come back.
Speaker 29: And if you listen to the pundits, I'll say that Marinas are one of the favorites to left the World Tiers this year.
Speaker 7: Hasn't been spoken about for many many a year here in Seattle.
Speaker 29: Of course, the Sounders have shown the way in terms of putting trophies in their trophy cabinet, noting the trophy was the league's.
Speaker 7: Cut triumph force, the only one.
Speaker 29: There was a louding the Sounders of all competitions that they can actually win.
Speaker 7: Paul and habit ball.
Speaker 29: Now sound is defending a one goal lead with twenty five minutes to go of this all important Cascadia game.
Speaker 7: All down to the right hand side.
Speaker 29: Skips through top of the box, finds the Castle was able to roll his foot over the ball and elude Musovski's pressed out of the right hand side to mascare three fallen timbers in the box. Now Hadding at four cut by Kelsey strike, Oh, just wide. I'm not sure if Frey had it covered. He was scrambling to his right. It smashed crossed advertising boards. It's gonna be a goal kick sound as they lead more nil sieves that quany but again Paul and showing they've got some threat in that attacking third.
Speaker 26: Yeah, Sounders living very dangerously there. Of course that shots from distance. Fry probably sees it all the way closer than I would have liked. But there's been waves of attach on the timbers in the second half, a little bit more than would have expected. It hasn't just been free transition. If us sustained it, Hopefy Georgia here and Danimsasi can give the Sounders a bit of life in the attack because they're needing something.
Speaker 6: You need a spark right now because on the.
Speaker 5: Two the tim has looked slightly more likely right now to be next.
Speaker 6: On the board.
Speaker 7: Certainly two look down on my stamps board. Sounds do have a bit more possession, but it's all gonna have been dangerous. Here come the sounders pointing is.
Speaker 5: Danny Masoski, Oh could.
Speaker 14: Be a foul.
Speaker 29: Well, like you've got pushing about my mill. We'll see if bar says something. It was obviously got the stride on Miller helps the ground. It's good defending if it was cleaned by Miller. Either way, the horse not in the back of the net walland have it inside. They're attacking half the field now Ferrera steps in. Referee is going to add the advantage that pass it down in my shoulder by Massovsky. Double foul given. Eventually show off the first or the second. He'll Neville just remonstrates the referee screen.
Speaker 26: And I think he wants the advantage because he's like, you could always come back, and especially if you're not booking the player, which he might, but I don't take he's booking, Hey, Susia.
Speaker 5: He's having a.
Speaker 26: Word with him and he's having to word, give me advanceae. But we saw the last sound of attack there what Georgie and Danny can bring George again and ran inside good cross Early on Danny looked like he got cooked to me, and not surely if you've got a contact on that, because sound has been certainly thought.
Speaker 5: So referee did not see it that way.
Speaker 7: Ferrera's down, He's not good. That's not good.
Speaker 29: Maybe in the awkward challenge of that's not gonna be a good sign. So let's get you the bench for the sounders to open up my.
Speaker 7: Line up here.
Speaker 29: So John tavell on, of course you mentioned a halftime for kim Key Missofsky just came on, got Andrew Thomas, Jo Paolo, Danny, Lavor, Snyder, Brunell, Georgie came on. Of course for de la Vega. Klan is still on the bench, Derosario or the other options.
Speaker 5: So he looks like Lev. He's coming back from warming up, stripping down.
Speaker 7: It'll be a like for like switch.
Speaker 26: Yeah, and then you push Albert upper line back into probably he's more natural number ten position.
Speaker 5: It's a shame if a sus does have to go off.
Speaker 26: He's been attended to here by members on the Sounder's medical staff here, if you're in a fine forms, I didn't have a good game tonight, becoming key to everything that the Sounder steam wants to build and is building. But he went down there and it didn't look good, similar to Kim Key in the first half. And player knows they know thanskip the Sunds and that's not breaking the game here because the Timbers were building momentum.
Speaker 6: But it does look like Danny.
Speaker 5: Leva will be coming on for his final twenty minutes plus change well.
Speaker 29: Tonight's match is presented by Emerald Queak Casino, the entertainment entertainment capital of the Northwest goes Sounders as this is walking off on his own, marshalled by the Sounders medical staff and Chris Cornish.
Speaker 7: There's definitely a hobble in his gait as he walks off the field.
Speaker 29: Danny lever, We'll see what happens. You know, we've seen Danny playing that number ten. Brian Schmidtz has talked about maybe that could be his better position. But certainly Rosnek can slide up alone, Massovski can play in that hole.
Speaker 7: Maybe there'll be some change up between the two players. What Sounders FC.
Speaker 29: Sockey is also presented by a properent Swedish official healthcare partner of Sounders FC.
Speaker 7: Twenty minutes ago of this game.
Speaker 29: This Cascadia matchup between Bland and Sounders one hundred and twenty fourth game between these clubs going dating back to nineteen seventy five, is the fiftieth anniversary for the set for the Portland Timbers.
Speaker 7: This year the.
Speaker 29: Sounders, Vancouver white Caps, San Jose Earthquakes all celebrated their fiftieth last year, and their changes confirms Ny Labor for Farrera. Here it comes to Paul a good step again by Jackson. Reagan plays it into the Labor. We'll see if he plays more advanced. But here comes Labor across half right line. He goes, He stops to making a little running behind delaveagas Dela Vega. Labor cuts the ball back right in from the Sounders bench. Here comes down He down the right inside, He goes to Georgie picks the ball up five yards from the end line. So Labor keeps the ball moving nice and quickly. The message that you say to any young kid, if you've got time on the ball, you don't have to take it, keep the ball moving, and right now the Sounders have a goal lead to preserve something they've struggled with over the last number of weeks.
Speaker 7: Paul without a win since that league's cup finals.
Speaker 29: Mentioned and they haven't beaten the Timbers here since twenty seventeen, so this would break all sorts of bad records for the Sounders. Good step by roll Dard. She fights with Ayala now eventually comes away that it's there's Alex Roldan who stuffs Ayala for his brother Paradus of course chops at Alex goes down inside the center circle. It's gonna be a free kick for the Sounders. I don't like there was a reasonable yellow car, just says Fererra got it a few minutes ago, and the note's gonna be a free kick for the Sounders. There's Alex Roldan backs up his brother Christian, little high five between the two players. Lots of games going on around the Western Conference and the Movers and Shakers right now, and some results that are going in the Sounders favor, one of them being Austin. One Saint Louis three Saint Louis of course out Austin, who are sitting right below the Sounders fighting for contention to push up the West Western Conference standings.
Speaker 7: They went down three to one today.
Speaker 29: Houston to San Diego four, so they now move into top spot again above Minnesota.
Speaker 7: But it comes Georgie down the right hand.
Speaker 29: Side, cuts it away from Smith, just fours to the ground, and it's just to keep possession the ball. Great player by Georgie inside the eighteen yard box and then good defending by Smith who just shepherded Georgie out. It felt like it was going down a bit of a black hole there. Maybe you should have cut the ball back, but good play initially by Georgie, and it was good defended by Smith.
Speaker 26: Yeah, it's good recovering you and you got to give the defender credit there. But Georgie that's why he does well. And then he recovered so well, And you're right, he's just got to get the cross off. Once you beat the defend up, you just need to get half a step in front. You gotta get the crossing there. But he's certainly come on and adding as Bob and your original instinct was right, Daniel Labor's come on. He's playing in an advanced position to Albert Rossnak is gonna stay next to push year roll down. What move up the line is that Danny Labor sort of in that number ten role after calling to close it came out for the Sounders.
Speaker 29: What's gonna be interesting against RSL, which is as you're there was supposed to be a week off international break, you've got obed likely not going to be here now with Mexico advancing to the next stage. Chris, you're all on with the US men's national team. You know you're getting down to their boats numbers. JP, of course is on the bench, has not yet seen really time on the field after coming back from that knee injury which we thought it was an ECL and it wasn't. Went under the knife and they found out that the ACL was intact. Great news for the Sounders, great news for JP. Here's an option ball down line here it comes.
Speaker 7: Now cuts the ball towards the near corner of the six hook.
Speaker 29: Clan by Miller has done that a couple of times as the big es central defender for Portlands.
Speaker 7: SCAA tries to flick it around the corner.
Speaker 29: Picked her now by Parade it's far side the right strides parades Moscare in support go square into.
Speaker 7: Velder Anthony to his left.
Speaker 29: He gets it as a turn scurry collects the ball left corner of the eighteen yard box, marshalled well by Alex roldand Sounders back or step to the top of the eighteen yard box. Anthony has it, wriggles, free dress and cut the Balls's been disappointing as Anthony and those attacking areas a couple of loose passes loose touches are the wrong time for the leading goalscorer for Portland and it's gonna be in the hands of Stephen fry Steves that corny get here in the final fifteen minutes.
Speaker 26: Yeah, I think that's one of the Sounders at times are defended at there's been a Timbers then themselves down get into the one into.
Speaker 5: Really good positions.
Speaker 26: If they had a little bit more quantity tonight they could have really caused a sound of some serious stroug when they haven't as of yet. Of course, still time fifteen minutes here plus whatever we again at the time and it is still only one nil. Still with that early goal from Della Vega. The difference between the two sides here, it's certainly not been a vintage Sounds performance, but sometimes in a derby game, a rivalry game, this is what it takes.
Speaker 5: This is what you need.
Speaker 26: You don't want to be limping over the line off the Sounders have in the last five ten minutes from trending in the right direction. Tim is still carrying a thread, but their quality hasn't quite been there so far.
Speaker 7: Tonight, Steve, I'm just looking down.
Speaker 29: So it was a late equalizer of a Vancouver late winner for Austin in the final minutes of that one, skipped by Miami of course, a La Galaxy coming out of League's Cup. It was a two two tight towns Is leading two nil, gave up a late equalizer in that one. There's a little anxiety start to see it because they start set one, they'll leave fifty minutes to go.
Speaker 26: Hey, it does because you want to get that first one since the League Cup final, which was such a more.
Speaker 5: Meant to stay here to see and have at once Sis. That's on a player's mind.
Speaker 29: So can you get that victorys it goes Maso, can he tie things up?
Speaker 7: Be defended by Sermon just stood up really well and won the ball cleanly off Massoski.
Speaker 29: You had the ball top on the box, just couldn't quite create some space to take the shot.
Speaker 7: And here comes the Timbers. Now Sounders are retreating, getting a left men behind the balls.
Speaker 29: Mussoski just has a nibble file giving up quickly taken by Portland. Diallo with his left foot scooted out to this near side to Dacost who has been roaming across that number ten role as he's sit now moves Ala plays it back to Miller.
Speaker 7: Pull and the patience in their possession right now.
Speaker 29: Now the right hand signs Felder, well, this copyrighting audio cast of Major League Soccer may not be retransmitted, reproduce, or rebroadcast without the express written consent of Major League Soccer. That'll leave us at the end of the game, Shane O'Neill Jackson felt, till we're back to break everything down. Hopefully it's a celebration of sorts as the Sounders have continue to solidify their fifth position in the Western Conference, and we'll get to some more results coming out of the Western Conference today that changed things up in the top four of all goes over the top for Musotsky. Chasing things down does.
Speaker 31: Well turns just plays its square and Rock up wide open and the crowd urging.
Speaker 7: Mussosia played that boy, he didn't and it was good defending the end.
Speaker 5: But what a check he's got to play.
Speaker 26: I mean, it's so obvious that he almost caught it as if he had passed, because it's supposed to pass that situation.
Speaker 5: Masoski.
Speaker 26: I understand being a striker. I like selfish franklers, but there's some situations you do want the games asking for you. That's the yellow card and Msoski.
Speaker 5: Rothrock has a simple finish and he plays him across what I missed opportunity, and that's what Georgia gives you. Puts you under pressure and now get.
Speaker 6: It sounds a good free kick and a timmers player going into the book.
Speaker 7: Well Smith now stretching his calf muscles.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's a good sign.
Speaker 7: Well yeah, be think about it. You playing against Rothrock, who's like relentless.
Speaker 29: Then Dellabager comes across and does some stuff during his time on the film.
Speaker 7: Now he got Georgia. I mean, it's a defender's night there.
Speaker 29: I mean Smith has not played a ton of minutes in the last month or so. There's gonna be a triple change right now for.
Speaker 7: Port of Timbers. Chara is gonna make another appearance for the Timbers. So we'll see the changes. I all is gonna come off Chara on Mike for like switch Kelsey off.
Speaker 6: Year on.
Speaker 7: That's gonna change.
Speaker 29: Lassiter is gonna come on the field. We'll just get a confirmation of the player going off, and it's gonna be Ian Smith. Yes, so it's gonna laugh back. He's gonna come off the field to come to stretching his car muscles, probably thanking Phil Neville under his breath. Goodness him off the field, but here comes sound is now go short to Georgie. He'll step over by George to ten hours in like whipster to the middle to Alix, rolled on available to the back Rath Crock he goes there, more bounces rothrock plex.
Speaker 7: It set into the sixth headed clear, more bounces challenged well by Rusneck. He turned his baths to some referees. Flag goes up. I didn't think it was a foul, but it's gonna be an off side. It's gonna be a free kick for Courtland.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll just see he's a juble change field nev surely going for it.
Speaker 26: See what that changes, not just the shape but exactly where he slots his players in and their approach, sending two up top at the moment. Here Diego form a teammate of mind for more opponent, even in his advanced age. He's gonna bring you so much energy.
Speaker 5: The Sounders fans greeting him with a nice chorus on Bruce, which is appreciation for how great of a player he's been. It's probably in his last day.
Speaker 26: Say, but he gives you a lot of cover, lot of energy which allows you to send numbers forward.
Speaker 5: That's why he's come on ye most minutes.
Speaker 7: And he played in these two games to these two teams. I should say, Diego Chara or goes inside to rolled On.
Speaker 29: Can Sam's frying a second goal. Here as we get in the final ten minutes of this Cascadia Cup game between the Timbers and Bawland one nil, Sounders fans on their feet, full voice. Today good play by Rusnak finds rolled On striding forward left hand side.
Speaker 7: Is roth Rock gets it inside the eighteen yard box, says roth Rock. Good defended by Sermon.
Speaker 29: He came across, just cut out the pass that roth rot was maybe looking forward to try and find a teammate, forced Rothrock to say the shot, and they covered the shot deflighted corner.
Speaker 5: Gay, Yeah, we absolutely right.
Speaker 26: I think Rolick does the right thing there because he first he looks up when the runners isn't quite there. The defenders come in across. If you waste any longer, the space opportunity will be gone. So in the end goes for Bold. It takes a deflection sound, a sett for a corner, and it may come down to this. We'll just be a set piece, a moment of magic to get our second goal.
Speaker 7: It comes George Witten towards the back stake.
Speaker 29: It's gonna ski it all way through it as a roth Rock again relentless as we said, likes the ball and it's near side the right. Witten now by a really good delivery, had good shape and headed clear by sermon, but only finds the foot of Georgie just drops the shoulder on the left corner of the eten r box goes back and square to lay a good quick ball into rolled on out to the right to Alex right corner. The box ball comes in edit clear again by the thick frame of Sermon, who's been solid again as you mentioned, made his debut for the Timbers this time last year in the Timber Sounders last game of the season matchup, and he's been ever present in the back line.
Speaker 7: For Portland this year.
Speaker 29: As Finn Sermon and well Nevel was saying that they identified the search for a new center back in the offseason, but Simon stood up and didn't have to do that. As Paul goes into Lesovsky, Miller just pulls up Danny Nothing.
Speaker 7: They fell down under the challenge, but he did have really asked for anything hard want to give the referee.
Speaker 29: Fans asked for it, of course, and Pautland billed on their left hand side. Shar I guess his first meaningful touch Matta Miller down the line. It goes Willie Runner of DaCosta, headed away by Roldan victor by Anthony Foal given by.
Speaker 7: The referee on Christian Ordan.
Speaker 29: He's to slow things down a little bit and as they slow things down on the back line, we'll throw down to Michelle.
Speaker 30: Just a quick follow up on your note there about Diego Chara being the player who's played the most games and minutes of any player in this MLS series between Portland and Seattle, thirty six matches he started in and coming into today's match he had logged three thousand, two hundred and eleven minutes against the Sounders.
Speaker 7: That's incredible.
Speaker 29: One of players don't have that many minutes in games in their professional career, I said against one.
Speaker 7: Club, por goes forward one and well by Miller, who's played really well tonight as Mom Miller times a community of rattics.
Speaker 29: Paul whips in the necessary for the news, steps in the right ansize belt of his white foot team. Strike in the end by the Norwegian right corner of the box, easily collected by Fry, as you mentioned, coming up for the sound as a Ray Grea back at home an Emerald Queen casino pitcher.
Speaker 7: Luminfield to take on.
Speaker 29: Rail Salt Lake on Saturday, October eleventh at six thirty pm Pacific. Watch the match via the mlscson passing Apple TV and listen on nine fIF am l RA thirteen sixty am. The prominent Swedish pre match show starts at six pm. Here comes pauland seeking out and I Gualaza's rock up brilliantly comes in, gets clipped wins the ball and here is another double substitution for pauland throwing everything at this game, try to find a result.
Speaker 7: They know how important this result is.
Speaker 29: That last game of the season is against San Diego, who's sitting on top of the MLS standings. It's going to confirm comes off Da Costa, off Fernandez on, and then it's gonna be Felipe More of course, who scored goals against the Sounders in years past and Chile, and he's going to come on the field.
Speaker 7: We'll just confirm who's going to come off.
Speaker 29: Looking down, Steve, tough to see that one, but we'll get that to you in one second.
Speaker 7: As we kind of big Rimer reason on. That change.
Speaker 29: All goes along by the Sounders, challenged by Masoski, heads it inside, flick clear by Sermon, dropped off by Fernandez, Ora making a run in behind. Striding forward is Anthonys plays the ball in cut back, cleared by Roldan, then it picked up by Fernandez and gets that ricochet off Bell. It's gonna be a corner cake Bell that's gonna sprint over and take it. Final five minutes or so of the ninety Sounders needing one nil, here at Luminfield. First win for the Sounders that they can retain this lead since twenty seventeen.
Speaker 7: Here at home against the Timbers.
Speaker 29: One of up in the air by Feld that's going to drive it in this sign toward the middle of the six Paul bounced around, headed back back in, inflected top of the box. Find lassito back It goes to Shara. It's gonna clip it in or run made headed clear.
Speaker 7: By new headed back in, who goes.
Speaker 29: Up again, wins the headed ball all bounce around, finds Sermon, just pokes it out to this near sight.
Speaker 7: It's a lassiter, a scare available.
Speaker 29: Lastly goes inside on his right foot, rolls it out square to screw all the way across to Fernandez. Little drop on the shoulder Fernandez wore comes back. It's gonna float in. Disappointing delivery. There's gonna be a goal kick for the Sounders. Five minutes to go here the Sounders Timbers one nil Sounders and the score thing is presented by Properdent Swedish. This is one of those games's gonna roll up your sleeve time. You've mentioned GP many many times. He's down there about to come on he's the type of player you want.
Speaker 5: To try to close this one else smarts up.
Speaker 26: Yeah, sure, as to see women could see it being rough throat with and I don't know how exactly branch Fresser your adjust Maybe he just gets more bodies in the middle back. You want to get a calm presence. A guy's good in possession, good on the board, a.
Speaker 5: Guy's not gonna panic, not afraid to get stuck in which you might need as well. JP.
Speaker 26: He can still give you a few quality minutes. One of the best players in club history, of course, and bringing him on in this situation, I think it's needed. Putlands Senning five subs on. They're certainly going for it, so I'm not sure what the call is saved referee. It looks like it's going the Timber's way.
Speaker 5: And JB it's gonna before We're about.
Speaker 6: To find out here.
Speaker 29: Yeah, well, Rougher it is rough Rock and I will see another great shift, no industrious, and I think rough Frog is always gonna give you that.
Speaker 5: Quickly becoming a fan favorite.
Speaker 26: I heard he was the most popular guy at the Men in Blazers podcast in midweek and that least cup Gold. Of course, that whole week, the rough rock past mess situation, not a bad conbot to the and he's end up to it. And I think again today you see, you see he's just a.
Speaker 6: Guy who's gonna get things done in his own way.
Speaker 5: But this time certainly makes sense.
Speaker 26: Jap's gone in there centrally, JP, Christian and Labor sort of a three in front of that back four russknack in front of them, and then kind of let Georgie and Missoski make the runs behind.
Speaker 29: It comes that man misofsk making that running behind takes it go strike forward towards his white strikes.
Speaker 7: A good defending by sermon, just got enough. It deflects into the side netting.
Speaker 29: Oh no, that's a oh I mean, and there's Musosky throwing the ball and he's at the assistant.
Speaker 7: He's gonna be very air.
Speaker 5: You can't do that. Presidents there, he's been spoken to. But I understand the frustration that is a preachers there.
Speaker 29: I mean, if I'm sermon, I'm thinking I want to call it because that's that's a great defendant.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that is as bad of our scorn as you can get.
Speaker 14: There.
Speaker 26: Listen, it's been a well rough game, a system of freezing on well as well. You siffinitely can't miss them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Sounds playing almost like a box right now in front of the back four.
Speaker 29: As the ball gets scootered out to listen near side the left foot pauland the lasted ten yards from the end, they'll step over against Alex Good defended by Alex's.
Speaker 7: Forced lasses to go back to Chara.
Speaker 29: Referee gives a call to pauland from Masoski that's not gonna help his frustration level. Sounders to have eleven men behind the ball just camp down on top of their eighteen yard books have to grind this one out. Two minutes to go of the ninety Paul get out far side the right for Portland clows down by Danny Lade against his toe in ricochet and then there's an assistant.
Speaker 7: Referees flag up from the far side. It was the pass.
Speaker 29: There was the initial pass that got deflected, but it was a player in an offside position. That's going to allow the Sounders to burn off some more valuable seconds.
Speaker 7: So let's get you some of the results.
Speaker 29: As we mentioned, Minnesota's getting a really good three yearl win against lowly sporting Kansas City you've got a big rebuild it in the off season.
Speaker 7: You mentioned Austin one, Saint Louis three, Houston two, San Diego four. We kind of work our way up here.
Speaker 29: There's a number of games tomorrow, Vancouver, San Jose, LAFC, Atlanta tomorrow that should shake things up again.
Speaker 7: But the Sounders really control their destiny here in terms of where they landed the conference.
Speaker 29: They currently sit on fourteen nine points, five points off Austin in sixth position, five points off Portland and seventh position. If they can hold this, a good step by Alexis puts the ball into a Rosnak. Well, it's the ball in short, stepped in by Lassiter for I's gonna come out. It's not gonna quite get there, just about us by inches before I comes out. Just picks the ball up just inside an eighteen yard box. This is kind of when you need for Bryan sch.
Speaker 7: Metz just grind it out. It's not been the perfect performance in any way, but I've done enough to this point. Five minutes about it time.
Speaker 29: It's gonna get the ball of players up for it, and they've got plenty of time to find something in these final five minutes.
Speaker 7: But Rice Retch has made his defensive marks by bringing JP and Steve and it's.
Speaker 29: Kinda knocked out in the middle of the park and hopefully let the speed of newho Alex and the outside defense.
Speaker 26: Yeah, exactly, and now I'm gonna suit your level and if this holds in his post game, Noels will say he feels hard done by depending on off front four and they did well. But I think Stephi Fry makes a big left handed save in the first half which I think was.
Speaker 5: Just that was a huge saying it's it's as big as the golds Night.
Speaker 6: I mean, that was fantastic saved there.
Speaker 26: Yes, the shots a bit central, but at that paced cross range, what's a safe he made. It's a game saving save. And I think how sad of that is. Timbers have not tested Stephan Fry enough. What the Sounders have to do now is play the corners, win fouls, walk to everything, just take up frustrating the Timbers a minute. I's already gone off to crop there just from that throwing there, and I've think on your way to what would be a massive free points what the standings as you mentioned, but de morale I went after the leafs coup and then it really sets you up next week to get the win against or Lake, and then you see New York.
Speaker 5: You take weights, but it is in your old handrew.
Speaker 7: Distin the referee is not gonna.
Speaker 29: Youself on the Christmas card list, Hernie Sounders fanners.
Speaker 7: He gives the ball right back to Portland from a throwing things a deflection. I didn't see it, but he did. Sounders flick the ball up in the air. Good headed by Christian, rolled on because that's.
Speaker 29: Well by Rossnack. Clicked around the corner by JP. Good play by the Sounders midfield out for leftown side. He goes Sir Georgia just over three minutes to go of the five Sounders have the opportunity to close this one out almost player.
Speaker 7: Can await team, just be ugly and just see things out. As JP goes down, throw his arms up in the air.
Speaker 29: Good step by Christian, rolled on right hand side available as Labor Besoski takes a shot all down, nothing given by the referee. Advantage given, but maybe he should have been something given inside the eighteen to two. Georgia goes good play it cleared by Sermon, finds New gets his body between ball.
Speaker 7: And play it well, and then he shrugged off.
Speaker 29: It comes new good smart play plays ball and her role guard to Rosnow sound hassessing the ball.
Speaker 7: Well in the attacking third of the field.
Speaker 29: Two and a half minutes to go up the five sound As leading one Gold to nil here and loom in the field. This would all but solidify their fifth position in the Western Conference going into the playoffs.
Speaker 7: I'm not gonna have home field advantage. We should set them up well for whoever's gonna come up next. But here come the tim But it's.
Speaker 29: Good play ball, bouncing around more strikes it right down the middle. It's got great defending by the Sounders and it found the foot of one of the talisman for Portland. But can only strike it down the middle and saved by fry Win. The final two minutes should have been a goal.
Speaker 26: That is as big of a let off as you can expect. You can't defend like that in the final couple of minutes of a game that means so much against a rival who means so much.
Speaker 5: It sounds a couple of times I felt and arrangement to something saying go to the corner. I know you want a second goal.
Speaker 26: Just take it to the corner just point time I can awaiting exactly and you're trying to find goals, get crosses.
Speaker 5: It gives them transition and more inside the box there.
Speaker 26: I mean he puts that either side of Steph Fry and we're looking at two point shopped again, headed.
Speaker 29: Up in the advice I meant from a long throw by rolled on down the line picked up by Paul and Miller's lasseter left hand side, plays it square into Shara Good, plot it down by rolled on.
Speaker 7: It's gonna scoot outside the eighteen, doesn't matter. Pray Pro knocks it down the line picked up in the middle of the park.
Speaker 29: By all of this, Rossneck says it got the ball and that's gonna be a yellow carch are going across having a word with Ross Neck.
Speaker 26: And it's taken ninety four minutes to see the kind of tackle that I has to see in the.
Speaker 5: First two minutes when it was rah On.
Speaker 6: I mean, he's taking that.
Speaker 5: You're gonna you're gonna hit someone in this kind of.
Speaker 26: Again to send a message. So he's taken night four minutes way its coming. Russnagnosways doing and the sound is just probably get putting in one more chance to knock the ball into the box. You defend this, you get through this, your home drag safe.
Speaker 29: Sounders want to see see out this final thirty seconds. Portland play still on the ground now gets pulled up by Craig pro. It's gonna be a free kick. All the big men are up Sounds holding the top of their eighteen yard box. This is probably the last opportunity of Portland, just depending at the refereees on anything else for that will stop it from an injury.
Speaker 7: But Craypo has got it for Sound.
Speaker 29: The Portland goalkeeper just inside his half of the field, Sounds holding about three yards outside their eighteen yard Boxfry just sitting outside is six just for any long ball that comes in that he can challenge. There's a lineup of Sounders and Portland players just outside the eighteen yard boxes.
Speaker 7: Oh maybe a red card.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not good.
Speaker 5: Once bought them one inside days not a player that you even want.
Speaker 29: Well, we just talked about what's the one player that's could all lay in the middle of the parking.
Speaker 7: It's ourself.
Speaker 5: Oh this is not good. Yeah, So referees reviewing now that Albert Russnak challenged there I believe on on Fernandez it was a rash challenge.
Speaker 26: You're trying to stop the counter attack, but came in studs first, ye from behind, and you always take a risk. And if they recommending that review, it's gonna be a very interesting gay for the.
Speaker 29: Sound Rossnak just taking a big breath of their hands on his hips. He stands outside the eighteen looking over his left shoulder to the referee, and it comes the referees' decision.
Speaker 7: I'm not quite sure what it is record that's a red card. So the referee was not gonna be in the good graces of any Sounders fan. And now he's gonna have to run out of the stadium.
Speaker 29: He has the red card to Rosnik and will at least to one game suspension.
Speaker 7: Now, Brian Schmittze's plans for ourself. First of all, I got to deal with this game. Put this one to bed. But Rosnik, you should be back for the New York game.
Speaker 29: But will that mean anything? At that time when the Sounds were he locked up fifth position. Wow, and that's not a good one. That was just an unfortunate red card. Referees getting screamed out by sermon.
Speaker 5: That's a couple of minutes.
Speaker 7: You have ask some added time. More comes in now to the back post. Jackson has to be strong. He does.
Speaker 29: He heads the ball away, whipped it by, cleared by Jonathan Bell. Danny Labor's gonna chase it down. The foul needs to be given.
Speaker 7: He just pushes it back and Lassiter another chance to proport it to Lord. Just one in.
Speaker 29: Sounders now down to ten men. Red card on Rosneck leading one goal to nil. With a minute past.
Speaker 7: The two minutes past the five war comes in top of the eighteen yard box, drops it in and it comes Anthony twenty.
Speaker 29: Five yards out. Has to go back to Moscarra to clip it in towards the back post. The cross comes new brilliant defending. Should be a foul, nothing given by the referee. Gods fought by Bell. It comes Labor one be one with Moscerra and Danny Massovski one on one with a goalkeeper.
Speaker 7: Takes a touch around. He goes to finish a tackle. Diego Tomorra, what tackle?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 7: Mask just delayed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the funds are claiming for a fight.
Speaker 6: It's not a foul.
Speaker 5: That is one of the best tackles I've seen in my life and the game's still going here. It's like, what a game one ending?
Speaker 7: Belda has it. It's gonna whipping him with his.
Speaker 31: Wife for really good delivery, are good defending, brilliant header?
Speaker 5: Well that's a references rusted.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: The game's off in trouble, his lusting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's lusty, wanted more time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's gonna run across. He got take a breath, he's gonna give to a high five and a half.
Speaker 5: You caught himself in time he lost to death.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what an ended all? What a tackle about Charley.
Speaker 29: He was It was a wonderful challenge Withsoski had a chance maybe to pull the trigger, just maybe he could feel the heavy breathing of Chari.
Speaker 7: Come behind him. He didn't, and he was Chari who went down. There's Portland players on their paunches.
Speaker 29: Knowing that today's game was all important when we think about the standings, but for today it was all Sounders when it comes to the result. They haven't won here since twenty seventeen. They get that monkey off bare back and they get another.
Speaker 7: Clean sheet for Stephan Fry. He's one hundred and twenty third clean sheet in his career. And the Sounders first win here.
Speaker 29: In eight years at home against their rival the Portland Timbers, and he was a sixteenth minute winner in the end by Della Vega on his return to the starting lineup.
Speaker 7: It seems that quite your final thoughts, Well.
Speaker 26: We came into the game saying, just get a win by any means. The Sounders did that didn't make it easy, made it interesting. Honestly that my mind goals the next week because you're missing so much in the midfield. Albert's redcard doesn't help. We'll see weapons during the week.
Speaker 6: You can maybe reviewed.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but Albert Christian oldbed likely will not be there. Chance for others. But that game still mean something. It is good. You've backed this three points in the bag, You've beaten a rifle, You've got a monkey off your back.
Speaker 6: The eight year drought is over.
Speaker 26: Good win for morale. But certainly didn't make it easy, but well deserved by the Sounders.
Speaker 29: Well, let's get you the standings before we jump off air and go to break San Diego. With their win go to sixty points, number one in the Western Conference and their inaugural season. Minnesota continue their great form and run this year they said in second with fifty eight points, Vancouver in third with fifty seven, and then we.
Speaker 7: Dropped down to LAFC with fifty three points.
Speaker 29: But they have three games in hand On Diego and Minnesota, so they can leap frog to sixty two points. Seattle sit in fifth, gets forty nine points. Now after that win two games to go, so they can creep up to fifty five point two with two wins out of the next two. Austin have two games remaining. They sit in sixth position with forty four points. Portland one game left on forty four and then Dallas on forty one, Salt Lake at forty, Colorado at forty. They kind of have the positions of eight, nine and ten, so mathematically those teams can certainly catch Portland. They have two games remaining to Salt Lake and Dallas pauland have one they go to high flying San.
Speaker 7: Diego, so that's gonna be a tough one for Phil Nevill and his team.
Speaker 29: But for now, we want to thank everyone involved in today's broadcast. Terry Ryan here in the boot, Travis Muger back at the studio, Keeley Dunning, Kevin K. Jordan Thompson has always for their information and guidance here in the booth, Michelle Ludker, of course, down on the sidelines for all her great insight and information, and of course the Sounders legends, Steve zach Quarni here next to me in the booth. Good win, solid win, efficient win for the Sounders against their great rival, the Portland Timbers in this one hundred and twenty fourth match up between these two great clubs. And next up for the Sounders is another vital home game, the last home.
Speaker 7: Game of the regular season versus Real Salt Lake.
Speaker 29: And that's next Saturday night, another Western Conference rival as we head towards playoffs. But don't leave us, Jackson felt, Shane O'Neil will be back to break everything down. I'm Danny Jackson, thanks for joining us this evening from EQUC Pitch here at Luminfield where it finishes the Sounders one and the Timbers nil.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to Sounders fcsucker. Sounders fcsucker is brought to you by Michelobultra ninety five calories and two point six grams of card. It's only worth it if you enjoy it, and by Providence, Swedish official Healthcare partner of Seattle Sounders FC. Stay tuned. The postmat show is next.
Speaker 11: It's the little things that make us the happiest. The thermometer finally reading sweater weather, your jack O lantern somehow surviving all the way through the season, that email finding you cozy, that subtle hit of pumpkin and false spice.
Speaker 7: In your mcafe CP.
Speaker 11: Try our sweet Fall drinks like pumpkin spice lattes, carmel lattes, caramel frappees and more at McDonald's.
Speaker 23: Price and participation may vary.
Speaker 7: Limited time only.
Speaker 8: Providence and Sounders FC are proud to continue the Community Assist of the Match. The Community Assists of the Match will help elevate individuals and organizations who stand tall for justice, equality and community well being. Each match, Sounders FC and Providence will probably recognize one exceptional nominee during an exclusive halftime feature. To nominate a hero in your community, please visit soundersfc dot com slash Community Assist for a chance to be recognized as our Community Assist of the Match.
Speaker 17: I have to confess I was very excited to call nine one one finally a good one, you know, like, and I realize that while what I'm about to say is true.
Speaker 28: It sounds suspicious, Tom, like my wife fell down.
Speaker 18: This stare from this multiple Netflix specials.
Speaker 19: Comedian Tom Sgara brings this new tour Come Together live at the Emerald Queen Casino.
Speaker 18: We've been Center Saturday, November twenty nine.
Speaker 19: Get tickets now at Emerald Queen dot com.
Speaker 8: At Columbia Bank, our business is about rooting for yours. Our dedicated bankers are experts at helping you navigate financial solutions centered around your small business. As a top ranked SBA lender in Seattle, our customers trust us to put their needs first. We believe that when small businesses grow, our communities thrive. Columbia Bank is the official banking partner of Sounders FC. Visit Columbiabank dot com to learn more. Columbia Bank member FDIC.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Sounders FC postmat show. Sounders FC socker is brought to you by Delta Airlines, proud to donate one soccer ball for every mile rand by sounders FC players this season through Rape Foundations One Mile One Ball Program Seattle. Sounders FC is presented by Delagher Benefits in HR Consulting helping businesses communities and people face their futures with confidence and by Provident Swedish official healthcare partner of Seattle Sounders FC. The Sounders FC postmat show starts now.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: For the first time in too long, your Seattle Sounders have beaten the Portland Timbers at home, a one nothing win here at Loominfield. Pedro dale Vega scores in the sixteenth minute, speaking of sixteen, let's head down onto the field as Michelle Ludka is with number sixteen.
Speaker 4: Alex rolled on.
Speaker 30: Thank you Jackson, Alex A big three points for your squad here tonight.
Speaker 7: What worked well for the team?
Speaker 32: I think defensively we were super disciplined. You know, they're they're a really good team going forward, and I think we tried to contain them as best as we can and find our opportunity to maybe in the counter. And you know, we got one early in the in the first half, but we didn't really put our second chances away and so it became a difficult game because we put it.
Speaker 7: On ourselves that way.
Speaker 3: But luckily we were able to keep a clean shape.
Speaker 30: First regular season win against the Timbers at home since twenty seventeen, and your first ever here, what does it feel like to break that drought?
Speaker 32: Yeah, I mean we were due for a win against them here. Obviously there are are rivals, we know this. The history of this rivalry is huge, and so in front of our fans, we want to give them everything we can, and so we were due for it, and luckily we were able to get it in the most crucial of times with the last few games coming up.
Speaker 30: Pedro de la Vega had the lone goal tonight of the match and you, of course were on the assist of that. How crucial was the timing of that, not just for the tempo of this match and the outcome, but also for the return of day la Vega.
Speaker 32: Yeah, I think it was good for both the team and him. Obviously we were under it a bit in that first half and we were able to get that goal.
Speaker 7: And personally for him.
Speaker 32: He's a talented player and we need him to come forward, especially here in the playoffs, and we hopefully he finds his stride and momentum going into the last few games.
Speaker 30: Alex, thanks so much for the time. Congratulations not only on the cyst the big three points and.
Speaker 7: Best lect the rest of the season.
Speaker 3: Thank you Jackson back to you.
Speaker 2: Hey you Michelle al shouldan down there with Michelle as the Sounders celebratory here today a one nothing win over the Pearland Timbers.
Speaker 3: We welcome you into the.
Speaker 2: Postmatch show, Jackson Feltz and the former Sounders center back Shane O'Neill here for the next half hour breaking this thing down. Shane, that was a heck of a match for a game that endeds one nothing. This game could have ended with a much higher score line. What a game and what a win for the Sounders.
Speaker 4: What a win, Like you said, everything you could have asked for in a Seattle Portland derby match. Absolutely electric, great atmosphere as well, and such big plays made by players on both sides. I mean, a really impressive performance from Seattle to keep the clean sheet. But again you gotta tip your hat to the Timbers as well. They kept it super competitive and it was it was a great spectacle.
Speaker 3: Well, as we watched the whole game together, you know that I will never.
Speaker 2: Tip my hat to Parland Timbers. You know my feeling is on them from the last two hours watching this game together. No, I mean honestly so this game was absolutely wild down the stretch I could have maybe should have been a penalty shout for Seattle there late. I see by the look on your face you don't agree with that the center back of cars. But overall we saw some interesting decisions from the referee.
Speaker 3: I think that Sounder fans here in this building would agree with that. But overall, I think what you can.
Speaker 2: Look to, Shane is a second half, and we can talk about the first half, we can talk about the whole game that second half.
Speaker 3: You and I kept looking at each other and saying.
Speaker 2: Portland's on the front foot, Portland's feeling it, Portland's gonna score, Portland's gonna score. And I think the question is, despite the fact that they had so many promising moments. I have written down here, huge counter for the Timbers, they blow it. Huge moment for the Timbers, they blow it. Eighty third minute, huge counter for Portland, they blow it. They had so many opportunities and the Timbers failed over and.
Speaker 4: Over absolutely, And we talked about this against Vancouver. This felt like a playoff game. I've had that playoff intensity, that playoff bite, and so for the Sounders it you know, all you can ask for is three points in this game. It doesn't matter how it looks in the second half. All all you want to do is get out of these games three points and start building that momentum. Like you said, obviously Portland they had a couple of chances in the second half, especially on the counter, and they just couldn't execute, whether it was the final pass or getting the shot off. But credit to Seattle, they saw the game out and at this point in the season, that is all you're looking for.
Speaker 2: I feel like only you are gonna be able to answer this question as an impartial observer. We're I'm just gonna beeep pulled by the curtain. I love pulling by the curtain. Shane here.
Speaker 3: You know you're not from here and you played here, but you have this great impartial eye of telling it how it really is.
Speaker 2: And I mean, Diego Chara comes onto the field there in whatever it was, and I'm saying I hate Diego and you're like, he's an MLS legend and I'm like sure, but me like, I'm a fan first, I'm a fan only I just put I have a microphone in front of my face. I hate Diego char And it's one of those things where because you're impartial I think you're gonna be able to answer this question. Did the Portland Timbers blow a chance to get a point in this game? Or did the Sounders win themselves two extra points in this game?
Speaker 4: Well, I think you can honestly, I think you can look at that question both ways, because down the stretch knew who made some huge plays. Stephan Fry came up massive in the first half for this team, there was just a lot of plays. I mean, Massovski's running in behind. Obviously there was a few chances there probably should have put this game to bed, if we're being honest, I mean it should have been two nil good night. But I think Portland they held their you know, you can hold your heads high after this performance, but they really lack that that cohesion in the final third. It's a team that you can tell is sort of there's a there's a bunch of decent parts, but I'm not sure they kind of all interconnect their together. No, there's not, there's not that cohesion, and so I think, you know, obviously there's a few details there. But again you have to remember Yamar's out, so you know that's a big piece for Seattle and Jonavan Bell and Kim. Yeah, absolutely, guys stepping up so for for Seattle as well, because Kim had to come off at halftime, so Bell comes on, and you know, to keep that clean sheet is very important. And I knew who down the stretch was really really massive. He hit a huge performance.
Speaker 2: He certainly did, and and you got to credit Kim and John stepping up in those performances. Speaking of players stepping up, Travis, once you get that first highlight ready because it's time for our Toyota Man of the Match, you could easily go with Pedro. I'm not sure what it was in the stadium here Pedro scores the goal in the sixteenth minute, but I'm not gonna go Peter Dale Day and I think Shane we agree on this one because there were certain moments in this game, including a massive save in the thirty fourth minute.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 2: Stephen Fry came up massive for the Sounders on multiple occasions, including this great play.
Speaker 7: Bull goes in. Bull now played into the cost of top of the books that left.
Speaker 5: Foot all save.
Speaker 21: What's a save?
Speaker 31: Fine Fry the custum made his way into the eighteen yard books snap show with his left foot.
Speaker 7: It was heading into the net and then it was Fry who flung himself to his left, strong left hand, caught a kick. There's a goal.
Speaker 2: Tonight's toyert to the man of the match is Stephan frye your logo Toylet Dealers are proud to present tonight's man of the match and for Fry for the entire defense Chaine. But we'll talk about Fry specifically here. He was vintage Stephan Fry today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's two weeks in a row now. He's made an absolutely massive save. Obviously at the end of the Vancouver game. He's got that one where the ref's kind of in a snapshot right at the end. And this was, I mean, for viewers who are listening, this was sort of a half volley from inside the box on Dacosta's left foot. He smashes it and he it's just a reaction, unbelievable reaction with his hand to push it over the bar. And I mean, like, like Danny Jackson said, that was as good as a goal, because I mean you're looking at it and you're saying, oh, this is one one and he comes out with a massive save.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would have been in a thirty fourth minute Sounders taking the lead in the sixteenth and know what a difference this could have been, but instead it is a save and the Sounders hold strong defensively with some great step up moments in this game and win this one nothing final score over the Portland Timbers. Folks, I'll let you know that Delta Airline's part one soccer ball for every mile ran by Sounders FC players this season through Ray Foundation's one Mile one Ball program. Also Sounder fans sound Transit will liket to remind everyone to obey all signs and signals when around train tracks. Light reel trains are quiet and come in bote directions, so stay away and play is safe. Learn more about safety and security on sound Transit by visiting soundtransit dot org. Slash Ride dash with dash us Sounders one Portland zero Just the way we like it here at Luminfield will continue on the postgame show next on Sports Radio ninety Sports Radio nine fifty kh A R A M.
Speaker 8: Sounders FC is proud to partner with Regent's Blue Shield, a health plan that's been helping Keith Washington healthy for over one hundred years, and now two proud organizations are coming together, uniting under a shared mission. Both Sounders FC and Regent's Blue Shield believe that play is not a privilege. We will work hand in hand, leveraging the power of soccer to make a positive impact on children's lives. Sounders FC and Regent's Blue Shield champions on the pitch and in the community.
Speaker 20: Want the same expert advice from the pros at a discount tire store. While shopping for tires online, meet Treadwell your personal tire guide. Treadwell is an online tire buying guide that gives you personalized recommendations based on your location, driving habits, and tire performance. Just enter your vehicle info, zip code, and driving routines, and then Treadwell will match you with the perfect tire for your vehicle. Shop for tires with Treadwell at discount tire dot com. Let's get you taken care of.
Speaker 8: At Columbia Bank, our business is about rooting for yours. Our dedicated bankers are experts at helping you navigate financial solutions centered around your small business. As a top ranked SBA lender in Seattle, our customers trust us to put their needs first. We believe that when small businesses grow, our communities thrive. Columbia Bank is the official banking partner of Sounders FC. Visit columbiabank dot com to learn more. Columbia Bank member FDIC.
Speaker 21: AH mcvalue a McDonald's has any size soft drink for a dollar forty nine.
Speaker 7: What was that?
Speaker 22: I feel like when you just say ah after you drink, you're missing an opportunity.
Speaker 23: Check it out AH.
Speaker 21: Dollar forty nine for any size Coca color, diet Coca Okay.
Speaker 7: Here goes sprite to.
Speaker 21: Any soft drink, any size, AH dollar forty nine.
Speaker 12: This deal is awesome.
Speaker 23: Price and participation may vary. Cannot be combined with any other offer.
Speaker 10: This is Paul Rothrock with Seattle Sounders FC. I'm a big fan of our charity Ray Foundation and how they use soccer as a vehicle to inspire kids to be well, to learn, and to have fun. Raive is on a mission to build small fields for free play across Washington. Rave med it's twenty six fields by twenty twenty six goal early and is now working to build twenty six more fields in communities of need right in time for the twenty twenty six World Cup. Join Raves twenty six more fields by twenty twenty six movement today by visiting Rayfoundation dot org slash donate.
Speaker 14: Quarterback Jordan Love isn't just on Green team. He's also on the American Family Insurance team because like us, he believes in dreaming fearlessly.
Speaker 15: Just chase your dreams and don't let nobody holds your back, and we.
Speaker 14: Help protect those dreams with the right coverage so you can dream fearlessly. American Family Insurance. Get a quote and find an agent at amfam dot com.
Speaker 16: Product's not available in every state. American Family Mutual Insurance Company. Yes, I'm a operating company, six thousand American Parkway Medicine, Wisconsin.
Speaker 17: I have to confess I was very excited to call nine one one finally a good one, you know, Like, and I realize that while what I'm about to say is true, it sounds suspicious Tom, like my wife fell down this.
Speaker 19: Stair From his multiple Netflix specials, Comedian Tom Sgara brings this new to our come Together live at the Emerald Queen Casino. We've been center Saturday, November twenty nine. Got tickets now at Emerald Queen dot com.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the home of Sounders FCS Sports Radio nine fifty kJ uh.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to lumin Field Seattle Sounders with a one nothing win tonight over the Portland Timbers. As we mentioned, the first time the Sounders have beaten Portland in quite some time here at Loomin Field. Just tremendous scenes and everybody exiting this stadium happy. Unfortunately, our friends to the South not exiting their stadium happy. But there is still game two tomorrow for the Seattle Mariners. But for the Sounders, they will have their next game coming up a week from tonight right here against Rialso we'll talk about that later on here tonight, but let's continue talking about this one nothing win for the Sounders over the Timbers. It's time for our Emerald Queen Casino play of the match. Let's go back to the sixteenth minute when peder dalea Vegas scores a great team goal.
Speaker 29: Brushneck has it, scrolls it into Forever Oh Black and run by Rolldog.
Speaker 7: It comes roll Don towards the end light.
Speaker 5: They dummit.
Speaker 31: Scots for the Sounders. He's back in the line up, back on the scores shit and the Sounds are right where they.
Speaker 7: Want to be, one nil up against the Timbus.
Speaker 2: The play of the match is presented by Emerald Queen Casino, the betting capital of the Northwest.
Speaker 3: Shane, what a play there, and we did it at halftime. Let's do it again.
Speaker 2: The breakdown of that pass by pass and how many people were involved to make that goal go in the back of the net.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it starts with the running from Paul Rothrock. I mean it's his calling card. His just the the intensity at which he runs in behind a defense. As a former center back, I can attest to it being a total nightmare to deal with. And so he gets in behind. Obviously Portland have to drop off. He finds I believe it was new who who finds Albert in between the lines and it was it's Albert's turn and pass into Haesus, which kind of sets the whole thing in motion. Alex Roldan great overlapping run, Jesus puts a nice pass in front of a nice weight for him to cross it and Dale Vega comes in and just smashes it home. Beautiful finish, and yeah it was. It was an unbelievable team goal.
Speaker 2: I mean that you look at team goals over the course of twenty twenty five, that'll certainly be up there. A great goal and obviously any goal that beats the timbers is gonna be remembered fondly, but that especially show so for all of those great moments. You know, Shane Pedro, Delvega plays, you know, sixty five minutes in this game and then comes off for Georgie Menungu and you know, pakam with Brian Schmester before the game, the conversation was just about seeing what he can give us coming back from that tendonitis in his knee and working through the pain that Pedro's working through and to get sixty five minutes out of him and a goal and the effort that he put in, it seemed.
Speaker 4: Like a great day for Pedro. It was. He was fabulous. I mean, he just had that spark and that little bit of electricity to his game. You know, obviously he can get away from a defender so well. He scores the goal, and remember early in the second half, he had that shot from just outside the box right over the bar. It really lifted the crowd. So was he was on it tonight and I just it was just the way he was moving about the pitch. He had that little bit of burth that you were hoping to see out of him, because when he has that, you know, change of pace and ability to drive it, guys, it changes the whole game for the Sounder.
Speaker 3: It certainly does.
Speaker 2: And you know, you look at him and going sixty five and you wonder if he can pull off another sixty five.
Speaker 3: And kind of keep that going, keep building on that missing.
Speaker 2: Albert Rusnak next week, we'll talk about that coming up in the next segment. But it seems like this team has the has the horses to be able to fill in for that seamlessly.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about that.
Speaker 2: But you know, for the overall this team, you know, we we spent in the last few weeks, Shane, you know, it's kind of been a i would say, running joke a little bit, saying, all right, the hangovers over, the hangovers over right? Yes, yes, yes, And we felt like the hangover was certainly over after Vancouver, but if there was any more doubt, it's absolutely in the rearview mirror now. And a win like this against your rival, coming after the last few games and being able to hold on to a one nothing lead all the way through, you know, from the sixteenth minute on.
Speaker 4: A win like this can catapult a team absolutely, and I think it's that next man up mentality that will be so important for this team tonight. You know, guys like Bell coming in and having a solid performance in the second half. Obviously Kim in the first half getting a nice runout. We talked about Knew who you know, he's kind of it's been a little bit of a hectic season, but he was massive down the stretch for the team. And so, you know, having guys come in and step up and step into new roles, obviously Russknack dropping back and still getting the win in such a big match and such a I mean, this was a great spectacle and so to get that win in this game, I think it's gonna give the team a ton of confidence.
Speaker 3: It certainly will.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite reads. I absolutely love this anytime the Sounders win. It's been a minute since we've been able to do this, and I'm so happy to be able to do this again. Right here, Shane, you know, the Sounders have won today, and when the Sounders win, you meet and everybody out there gets.
Speaker 3: To win tomorrow.
Speaker 2: All you have to do is down with McDonald and then tomorrow you can redeem your free McChicken with any purchase of two dollars or more at you locally owned and operated McDonald's restaurant, so you can do what I do. I've given this tip to all of the broadcast partners here. I've had people tell me what a great tip.
Speaker 5: This is.
Speaker 2: What you do is you purchase the Oreo mcflury or frankly, any mcflurry, and then you get the McChicken for free. Now what you do is you get some buffalo sauce on the side of the mcfluury, so you create like a buffalo McChicken, and then you have the mcflurry on one side. That's the cold, it's the sweet, and then you have the spicy McChicken that's the hot. I mean that combination of one after the other, and then McChicken comes free. It is absolutely heaven and you can get it when you down the McDonald's app today and check out the deals waiting for you, including that free McChicken tomorrow with any purchase of two dollars or more. Trust me on that it's a great tip. Sounders win one. Nothing over the timbers. We will talk about what's next. It will be RSL a week from tonight here at Lumenfield, and it will also be without Albert Rusnak will tell you how the Sounders can make up with for his absence next on Sports Radio nine fifty KJR AM.
Speaker 26: Sound Is fans looking for behind the scenes content, interviews with your favorite pleasant coaches and expa x's and o's and that assist, make sure to check out the sound Is FC podcast with the Captain Brad Evans and myself Steve za Kwani.
Speaker 8: Whether you're a diehard Sounder, faithful, a lover of the beautiful game, or thinking of attending your first match at Lumenfield, this show is for you, with weekly episodes available wherever you get your podcasts. Check us out as your source of Sounders soccer across the.
Speaker 5: Sound Join the put Go Sounders.
Speaker 8: At Columbia Bank, our business is about rooting for yours. Our dedicated bankers are experts at helping you navigate financial solutions centered around your small business. As a top ranked SBA lender in Seattle, our customers trust us to put their needs first. We believe that when small businesses grow, our communities thrive. Columbia Bank is the official bank partner of Sounders FC. Visit Columbiabank dot com to learn more. Columbia Bank member FDIC.
Speaker 13: Hey, they're Sounders fans. All of us at Sound Transit love when you take the train to the match, but we want to remind you to use crosswalks and obey traffic signals near tracks.
Speaker 12: Trains are quieter than you expect.
Speaker 13: Travel in both directions and approach at varying speeds that are difficult to judge. The amount of time you might say by ducking or going around a crossing gate isn't worth risking your life for. So next time you're buy a track, play it safe. That way we all win.
Speaker 9: A message from Sound Transit, Hey.
Speaker 24: Drew Jonathan Scott. Here, build a customized renter's policy with American Family Insurance so you can protect your tandem bike on the go. Fee ooh, he is struggling with that two seater. Life's better when you're under American Family's roof Ensure. Carefully, dream, fearlessly, Get a quote and find an agent at amfam dot com.
Speaker 25: Some exclusions may apply. Products not available in every state. American Family Victual Insurance Company a sign It's Operating Companies six thousand, American Parkway Madison Wisconsin.
Speaker 8: Providence and Sounders FC are proud to continue the Community Assist of the Match. The Community Assists of the Match will help elevate individuals and organizations who stand tall for justice, equality and community welping. Each match, Sounders FC and Providence will proudly recognize one exceptional nominee during an exclusive halftime feature. To nominate a hero in your community, please visit sounderzfc dot com slash Community Assist for a chance to be recognized as our Community Assist of the Match.
Speaker 20: Want the same expert advice from the pros at a discount tire store While shopping for tires online, meet Treadwell your personal tire guide. Treadwell is an online tire buying guide that gives you personalized recommendations based on your location, driving habits, and tire performance. Just enter your vehicle info, zip code, and driving routines and then Treadwell will match you with the perfect tire for your vehicle. Shop for tires with Treadwell at discount tire dot com. Let's get you taken care of.
Speaker 13: Hey, they're Sounders fans. All of us at sound Transit love when you take the train to the match, but we want to remind you to use crosswalks and obey traffic signals near tracks.
Speaker 12: Trains are quieter than you expect.
Speaker 13: Travel in both directions and approach at varying speeds that are difficult to judge. The amount of time you might say by ducking or going around a crossing gate isn't worth risking your life for. So next time you're by a track, play it safe.
Speaker 12: That way we all win.
Speaker 9: A message from sound Transit, you're listening to the home.
Speaker 1: Of Sounders fc SLES Sports Radio ninet fifty kJ I.
Speaker 7: Had there it is.
Speaker 2: We were not ending tonight's show without a little taken care of business. As the Sounders took care of business against the rival tonight, they built the bonfire, They burned Portland down, and they win one nothing tonight over the Timbers of Peter DALLEVEGGA goal in the sixteenth minute is the lone goal. It is the winner for the Rave Green tonight here at Lumenfield in their first win over the Timbers in too long.
Speaker 3: I don't even want to admit it.
Speaker 2: Wrapping up the postgame show here, Jackson felt Shane O'Neil time to take a look ahead at what's next for the Sounders and it is Real Salt Lake next Saturday, October eleventh. That is going to be a six thirty game and a Provident Swedish premat show of six o'clock right here on Sports Radio nine to fifty KJR AM SO nine to fifty AM at six pm next Saturday evening.
Speaker 7: Folks.
Speaker 2: You can also watch the match via MLS Season Pass on the Apple TV app and listen in Spanish language on l Ray thirteen sixty. Also mention that Sounders FC Soccer is presented by Provident, Swedish official healthcare partner of Sounders FC.
Speaker 3: All Right, Shane.
Speaker 2: In this next game, Albert Rusnak gets a red card in the what was about ninety second minute. I think we first off, this is gonna probably anger a few fans. I think that was a fair red card.
Speaker 4: Yes we I haven't seen the replay, but yeah, it seemed like.
Speaker 2: It reely bad tackle from behind and it just kind of screamed to me where I looked at you and instantly they gave a yellow and we kind of looked and I said, that looks like it's a red, and yes, it ends up being a red. So no, Albert Rusnak. So way I see it with Obed Vargas right now on international duty. Is doesn't change too awfully much. Jordan Morris up top, Pedro on the left, Paul on the right, Hayesusfrera in between him, and then Christian rolled on next to Snyder Burnell. Danny Leva, what do you feel about that spot?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, Christian will be gone with the US whnty.
Speaker 2: The ladies and gentlemen, that's the answer. It's Danny Leva and Snyder Bernell going to be in a holy midfield.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. I missed that one. Yeah, you're right, so thank you for that.
Speaker 2: So Danny Leva and Snyder Burnell probably together there underneath the threesome of Pedro, Hey, Susan, Paul.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, I think you've got a lot of options if we're being honest, like I know it doesn't sound like it, but Alex Roldan has played down there in the past.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 4: Obviously you can kind of change the lineup depending on what Kim's substitution was there as a precautionary or something you could play with a three back. Obviously, you can mix and match and ultimately kind of like we talked about earlier, the next man up until Danny Lava looked great out there. He was buzzing when he came on. Obviously, I'm a big Danny Lava guy, so I love to see him get run and so I think if he slides in there, I think he would do great. And let's let's call it what it is. Ray Al saw it Lake at Home a team that's been, you know, kind of languishing all year. It looks like they might sneak into the playoffs if they get a couple of results down the stretch here. But RSL at Home is a game that you're gonna want to put together a statement performance going into the playoffs. So for me, I think, you know, obviously Christians a huge loss, but I still look at that game, you know, getting guys like Jordan up and running, and you know, I see it as a big opportunity for a young kid like Schneider, Bernell or Danny Lava to have a big performance because you've got so much experience around you and it's just such a solid team.
Speaker 2: If you have Kim and Jackson and Alex and knew who behind you Injesus and you know, Paul and Pedro ahead of putting Danny and Snyder in that of those spots. I think absolutely. But you look at up standings right now. You mentioned salt Lake. Right now, they're in ninth place right now forty points. They are just right over Colorado on a tiebreaker of wins, so they are just trying to hold onto that playoffs spot. Sounders right now, with this win, they've pretty much locked themselves into the five seed.
Speaker 3: Funny enough, they're at forty nine points.
Speaker 2: That's five points above sixth place Austin, and it's I mean it's four points below LAFC in fourth, but LAFC have two games at hand, so effectively, with this win, the Sounders are now the five seed. I mean, I'm comfortable just wrapping it up saying the Sounders are the five seed. Now it's just a question who's gonna be the four seed? Who do the Sounders face there in the first round? But two games to go, Real salt Lake next Saturday here at Luminfield, and then decision Day is at New York City, So six pm Providence Swedish premat show next Saturday night here at lumin against Salt Lake.
Speaker 3: I want to think everybody with today's broadcast.
Speaker 2: A great job back on the board track Us Smoger in our studio, Terry Rein, our technical director here on site, our broadcast producers, Keey Junning and Jordan Thompson. A great call today from Danny Jackson, Steve Zachawani and Michelle Ludka on the sideline. I want to thank Shane O'Neil. Shane, it's been an absolute honor. It's been awesome broadcasting with you, Shane O'Neil here on preapp post.
Speaker 3: My name is Jackson Thoughts.
Speaker 2: We thank you all for listening here tonight to the entire game as the Seattle Sounders have finally once again beaten the Portland Timbers at home. Peter dal le Vega scores and the Sounders win one nothing. Have a very good rest of your weekend, everybody, and CBS Fox Sports Radio is coming up next.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Sounders FC Postmad Show Sounders FC Sucker is brought to you by Michelo Vultra ninety five calories and two point six grams of cards. It's only worth it if you enjoy it. By discount tire get thirty percent shorter average wait time when you buy and book online at discount tire dot com and by Providence, Swedish official healthcare partner of Seattle Sounders FC. Tune in next time for more Sounders FC Sucker