Speaker 1: And he's y d Eve, come on, come and do you see your father?
Speaker 2: Then you see me? You asked for too much? What you want?
Speaker 3: What you what you want?
Speaker 4: Petro some money. AM five seventy l A Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app four hours today, four hours tomorrow, and by four hours, I mean three and a half a three to six thirty show going into Clippers Pacers basketball, but three plus hours No Dodger Spring training baseball this week on AM five seven the LA Sports.
Speaker 2: Well, you get it run run on Saturday, but during the week days you will not have it. But you will have Dodger Talk tonight David Vasse has Daniel Hudson. If you listen to our whole show and then you listen to Dodger Talk and you look up, it's eight o'clock and it's like, wow, it's almost bedtime. And I stayed sober, and it's like, hey, wait to go, okay, right now, it's time for the final hour. Fun fact in fact, it's yeah, we're three.
Speaker 4: Fun fact brought to you by Concordia University Urvine CUI dot edu slash coaching. It is a fact a coach has got more influence on others in one year than the average person does in a lifetime. Make the most of that opportunity to impact others by finding out more again at CUI dot edu slash coaching, sticking with our word.
Speaker 2: They say the same thing about sports talk radio.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: It's a fact. Sports talk radio host has more influence over people. We're in your car, bring yeah right in your face. Come on, set the tone for you to walk into that house feeling good about you, breathing like a panther right in your face before you go into the house.
Speaker 4: World Baseball Classic again, depending on how you want to pronounce it, Uh, Chessia, Checkia, the former Czech Republic, the former Czechoslovakia, the Czechs. They like to be known as Chechia now as opposed to ce Czech Republic, not Chechnya.
Speaker 2: That's a different place.
Speaker 4: I guess Chesna is the way they say it in their native language, but it's very confusing. Chessnut chess, chess chesna. A couple fun facts about check ya, they're not winning. The word robot was born in check Ya. Check Writer Carl Kappik, in his nineteen twenty play ru Are, saw the first use of the word robot, and you would fit right in there.
Speaker 5: Pee.
Speaker 4: Because Chechia is the most well read country on Earth. The average Czech citizen reads thirteen books per year.
Speaker 2: I did know that about Prague. They'd like to read very literate society.
Speaker 4: Check ya there it is, check check ya.
Speaker 2: What about chesna?
Speaker 4: Check ya? That's the they say. The English like to pronounce it check ya, but the locals call it get no. Check here, check here.
Speaker 2: Keddy, Chesney live and Chestna okay. Quick hits to the ms. Quick hitch, Come make it quick, y'all. Yeah, Dodgers of the spring training game today and goodyear versus the Guardians. Rokie Sasaki couldn't get an out in the first inning. He walked three and he gave up a grand slam. He threw two pitches before Dave Roberts pulled him. Sasaki would come back out and pitch a second innings and was great putting up zeros.
Speaker 6: You know, spring training, when a guy sucks in the first inning, you.
Speaker 2: Can pull him and then he goes back.
Speaker 6: You can pull him out and let him restart the second In fresh well, that's kind of cool. It happens all the time during the regular season. You know, you get lit up in the first inning, four runs, grand slam.
Speaker 4: Won't take a breather. Yeah, let's let's reset. Okay, maybe have some of the the gum that's there on that big tub.
Speaker 2: Hey, Rochi, you did great? What time did you get here? Right at the second ending? Why no reason happened? I got my booms ripped off and they pulled me out of the game. Now is that kind of went back in? Does that count as two starts? Like, Hey, in his last start he got really roughed up, But this, this most recent start, he really locked it up. Like for everybody else, it counts as one game, but the second inning for him in the second start is really the first.
Speaker 4: Exactly right, he was really good in his last start.
Speaker 2: I feel like that would really upset a lot of stat guys if people worried about this stuff, if they didn't just end the game and a tie and stuff.
Speaker 6: What think of it? This way back in the eighties, we used to say, psych, he goes out there, gives him four runs? Psach kinda come back out?
Speaker 2: Does the hand thing on his hand goes over their dugout? Does the psych chumps back to the mouth, clear the decks the reset button of baseball.
Speaker 4: What do you think, Roki, you want to go back out there?
Speaker 2: What the hell do you think.
Speaker 4: It's climb back on that horse. Here's Dave Roberts after the game.
Speaker 7: You know, I just think he was just missing off the plate armside, you know, got behind a little bit. You know, I think menzar to hit the Grand Slam. There's a walk in there. But you know, for me, I think the takeaway, curiously is the way he bounced back. You know, it was a long ending. We had to take him out of that first inning, had to chat with Mark Pryor. Came back and then was able to strike the split, work ahead, fastball, played up, you know, and then that third inning was just as good. So really good stuff.
Speaker 2: Other Dodger news, Tommy Edmond is progressing and his recovery from ankle surgery and taking BP Lawyers. World Baseball Classic News starts at two am with Chinese Type A versus Australia. The clock set got my alarm set? USA plays Brazil. I'm not sure where Team USA thinks they're going to go, but I know where Brazil wants to take them, take them down deep end. On Friday, I'm under in Houston and their full first pool play game, Logan Webb will get the start. Trek Scooble will pitch Game two against Britain, and then Paul Skeen's is set to face freaking Mexico.
Speaker 4: L Tree talk about Skiens on the mound, Team Mexico pool play.
Speaker 2: Let's go those Mexicans don't have a chance against Skiing, No chance, it's over.
Speaker 6: How about Mike Trout's not even a starter for Team USA. He can't even sniff the outfiel When you got Aaron Judge, Roman Anthony and Byron Buxton out there starting, that sounds.
Speaker 4: Like he could maybe start over one of those two guys. Maybe Bucks didn't center field, you know, I would assume maybe the whoever the Angels manager is now after Ron Washington, he's.
Speaker 2: Been saying a lot of weird stuff. Trout, right before the World Baseball Classic said he was going to use a turo for a bat against Mexico, and a lot of people were offended. So keep him on the pitch.
Speaker 4: Sticks against the Chinese.
Speaker 6: About Great Britain when it faced Great Britain, what's he gonna use?
Speaker 2: Bad bel English breakfast to Roch Marczi.
Speaker 4: A full banger.
Speaker 6: Oh they got Italy in the final pool play again.
Speaker 2: Oh that's it's a huge well back in against France against Italy. It's a giant sausage. Braves outfielder Jerkson Profar has been suspended for the entire twenty twenty six seasons. So irrelevant he tested positive. Yeah, that's Will Smith said, and then he hit a jag.
Speaker 4: You're so irrelevant, Jerkson.
Speaker 2: I did that. I did that interview. He tested positive for a performance enhancing drug for the second time in the past year. Double up. Profar will forfeit the entirety of his fifteen million dollar salary and will be ineligible for the postseason.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, you can maybe get past that.
Speaker 2: He's also out for the upcoming World Baseball Coat. Yeah, very Are you kidding me? He was supposed to be on the Netherlands. If I had known that, I would have never taken the drugs replacing him. You're on Vanders Slute, horrible murderer.
Speaker 4: I believe he is imprisoned. He might have killed himself.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they might have. They might have sloot. They might have let the slute finish it off in prison, or as you would say, Matt, call it, call it yourself. Still alive, all right, the Sliss still in prison, still in prison, Yeah, let us sloote out.
Speaker 4: No, it's never been the same.
Speaker 2: The Lakers are thirty six and twenty four. They're the sixth seed in the West, one half game behind Denver and only a game and a half behind Minnesota. For that, I know, I read this yesterday. The Lakers. They host the Pelicans tonight night. You know, they won two in a row. Here's Luca after the win Sunday versus the King.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it was two obviously, two great wins.
Speaker 4: Uh cret.
Speaker 3: You know, we just got to go game by game. Obviously there's a lot of noise outside.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I tried to not pay attention to that. You gotta go game my game, and that's too games. I think we play.
Speaker 4: Agree, that's one way to put it. They did play great. They dominated their opponents by double digits.
Speaker 2: In the game, he made a wild shot after falling down, and he said his teammates referenced it being on and one.
Speaker 4: Like shot going back to the nineteen nineties mixtape days, was skipped to malou In Jamal Crawford. He was asked about it after the game.
Speaker 2: Luca have a bit of a lighthearted one.
Speaker 8: I didn't know you were efficient out of the N one mixtapes. What was your experience kind of growing up watching those and do you have a player there that you kind of like or imitate your game from.
Speaker 3: I was a kid and I couldn't be on internet. Maybe you know Iverson did he do it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 8: No, no no, it was like street ball kind of things.
Speaker 2: And oh no, no, no, no, I don't know. I didn't watch. I didn't watch.
Speaker 4: This is a very uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: See.
Speaker 4: Now, that's how you do it, Lebron. When you say something and people are like, oh, you were into the end one and then you get schooled on what the end one is and you're like, oh, yeah, I guess I wasn't.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite line from The Godfather? Honestly, guys, I can't never seen them.
Speaker 3: So they would say on the bank. So that's why I said that, come too, you.
Speaker 4: See, not hard, very easy to just tell the truth.
Speaker 2: And I don't know. The Clippers are twenty nine and thirty one, they're ninth in the West. They got to win over the Warriors last night. Draymond was unhappy Warriors Dayneterhauser knocking all over.
Speaker 4: And needing fewer all over them man.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow night they host the Pacers.
Speaker 4: Who is that white guy?
Speaker 2: It's pitiful, other terrible.
Speaker 4: Who's this giant white guy, It's just swatting everything away?
Speaker 2: Love that guy. He's a darker hue than you and I'm at slightly. Bengals defensive end Trey Hendrickson is not being tagged and will now become an unrestricted free agent. Matt There's a lot of NFL news out there.
Speaker 4: He is the best defensive end on the market, had been franchise tagged before. He will hit the market and is expected to command a large number char I shouldn't say. Chargers Bears Pro Bowl center Drew Dolman announced his retirement. He was just signed to a big free agent deal last year. He was one of their big free agent signings twenty seven, prime of his career and said he's going to retire, so kind of weird, but whatever. Rams head coach Sean McVay spoke to the media today. He said there is in fact dialogue between the team and quarterback Matthew Stafford. We talked about this in the past about his contract. He has way underpaid after having won the MVP. Dak Prescott is making sixty million bucks a year. Stafford is expected to make forty. So they will try to give him a higher salary while also trying to get his number against the cap to go down. They'll do that with void years in a multiple year deal.
Speaker 2: UCLA, Matt has got another big one tonight and they're gonna lose. How do you know that? Well, you know what, I don't know that you're right for a million dollars. I knew you were gonna come out here and ask me about offense. You do have to make shots to win.
Speaker 5: Are you asking a question or ben.
Speaker 2: No making a statement? I'm just trying to read the story. Welcome to college basketball, buddy. Well, you would know then that UCLA is nineteen and ten. They're eleven and seven in the Big Ten. How do you know that? That's the record? They host Nebraska to night in the final home game of the season. It's written down terrible, terrible. Well it's not terrible. It's not favorable, but the Big Ten and a lot of good teams.
Speaker 7: I don't really have a lot to say.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Well, yeah, I understand you should have beat Minnesota. Losers talk about we were winning at halftime and you were, but then you'd lost. Well, got a TV buddy, I watched it yes on television on FS one. The Bruins will face USC on Sunday.
Speaker 6: Who hates nil more? You think Eric Musselman or Mick Cronin. After all the money spent on this Baker guy who's now gone, there's.
Speaker 2: Only a million dollars, and you kick them off the team before the tournament in Gillerinas attacks you will his son still on the team.
Speaker 6: And then you got Meg who, like every other we's complaining about these guys not performing and not living up time.
Speaker 4: I think Mick is beyond an il mix. Is very unhappy with college basketball, but.
Speaker 2: Just life in general, except for take making a left on sunset every day, which makes it very happy.
Speaker 4: The schedule, the travel, the conference.
Speaker 2: The two things I like doing making a left on sunset and I like making baseball analogies when I'm talking about that, But what do you think the Dodgers are doing that? Why do you think the Dodgers do that? I don't know. Coach Okay, look, I hope that Cronin beats the mayor tonight. But the mayors doesn't go down easy. It's hard to take on the city.
Speaker 4: What about coach Krzyzewski. Much like Mick Cronan, he didn't like the NC.
Speaker 2: He's not making his snarly face that he used to make when he said this.
Speaker 4: He's tired of a tournament expansion. He says it's been a big mistake. Capable teams right now than ever before. Way too many have nots it is not their fault. Stop messing with something that's gold.
Speaker 2: It's gold.
Speaker 4: That's the quote. And in other college athletics news, no surprise here after a judge ruled that Trinidad Shambliss can go back and play college football at his alma mater after being declined three separate times. The Mississippi State House just passed a bill that will exclude nil earnings from state income tax. You you school janitor, you're gonna pay the state what you owe the state. You construction worker, You're gonna pay the state what you owe the state.
Speaker 2: But not this special young quarterback from Farris State.
Speaker 4: No suh. He will go through Scott FREEESA knocking Louisiana. Say the same thing, young man, Not can Alabama say the same thing your apps.
Speaker 2: Our literacy level is low, but our integrity is high.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you now to our neighboring state Arkansas, Missouri, Texas, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia. They will tax those nil dollars of yours, young man, but will not.
Speaker 2: Hey will tax your strong workers.
Speaker 4: I stand here on the floor of the State House today and I do declare we will have the most friendly inile policies of any SEC program ever.
Speaker 2: Have I been more proud to wear the homespun garments of the great State of Mississippi. Okay, we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Petros Papadacres that money snare. This is Petro send money on demand.
Speaker 4: Patrocean Money in five seventy el sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app Dotcher Talk coming up just after seven pm. No Clippers tonight, but we will have it tomorrow tip off at seven thirty against the Pacers.
Speaker 2: We have our dear friend, the one and only Tom to LESCo, joining us on the Petros and Money Show. Serious XM NFL. He learned it all from us his media career. Just kidding. Longtime GM of the Chargers with the Raiders as well our longtime friend and informational pillar, Tom Telesco. What's cracking, Tom? How are you? Yes?
Speaker 5: Everything I know in media is from Petrow some money And if you want to listen to this Friday, nine am to twelve, Channel eighty eight Curious XM, we'll talk all free agency, all draft, everything you can handle for three hours.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 4: Look at that plugged straight out the gate. Very wait for the host to get to it. I heard it yourself.
Speaker 2: I heard you have a parody song about Max Crosby to the Rolling Stones, Angie Crosby cross Man. Anyway, we appreciate you plugging that, Tom, because it is it is a wild time. Is this supposed to be a more active year than normal?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: I mean this is just the way it is that you get this little week between the combine and free agency. But you know next week there's gonna be a lot of action going on. There's just there's so much cap space amongst the teams right now now, a lot of a lot of players, a lot of big name players had already signed back to their clubs last year with early extensions. But there's gonna be a lot of big names on the market next week, there's gonna be a lot a lot of changes and then you know, and then you're transitioning into the draft right away. Just watching the combine last weekend and the amount of prospects and the and the positions that are strong. But yeah, there's gonna be a lot going on in the month of March. And this is every year, this one. The league is so exciting because you know, from a fan standpoint, you have a chance to see some some some real action from your club. And the big thing is, like, there's so much money out there available, so these players will get some pretty big contracts next week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, cap went up over three hundred million bucks. Every team seemingly has money. To Petro said it. You spent time in Vegas. You're the GM of the Raiders. You know Max Crosby very well. It seems to be the biggest name out there. Uh seems like today was sort of the first day we got multiple media folks saying, yeah, it feels like this is going to happen sooner than later. Your thoughts does he get moved, and your thoughts on that decision by the Raiders, where they're at, the division they play in, and whether or not that's kind of how they should be approaching, you know, their franchise player.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I can definitely see the logic behind it. They have to add so much talent to the team and sometimes you may have to move an asset that you know is very good to acquire a lot more assets and younger assets moving forward. Now, you would ask me us a couple of weeks ago, I didn't think it was going to happen. Nothing, aboudies it more than a Raider than Max Crosby. And you know Max bill is his name with two exes, So I mean, what more rable is that to have Max with two xes? Right, So, but I just didn't see it happening. You know, it kind of feels like something may happen. But the hard part from the Raiders is just getting true value back for a player who's an all pro player at a premium position. So if you get back to first round draft picks, it sounds like a lot but in the end, they're just lottery tickets, and odds will tell you that a team, if you have two first round picks, you'll hit on one out of two, and then one of the odds you have to hit on a pass rushers who's an all pro. So to me, if that trade goes down, you're looking at two first round picks, and I would want a starting player in return as well. Will anybody give up that much for him? I don't know, but I guess it seems like it's coming to a head before the league year starts, and we'll kind of see where that lands. If we asked me last week, I got it said, I didn't think it's going to happen, But last couple of days it seems like it's more progressing that way.
Speaker 4: You certainly know, you know what difference a quarterback makes, having been with Philip Rivers justin Herbert and then in Las Vegas, not necessarily having that franchise quarterback to lean on your thoughts on Fernando Mendoza felt like being at the combine in Indianapolis. Tom A lot of people were surprised when when he weighed in at two thirty six and kind of checks that justin Herbert, Josh Allen size box six, five thirty six, I think is what it was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was surprised too. I thought he would be more in the two twenty range, and he's you know, he's over sixty four two thirty five. He's a really thick lower body, and that's franchise quarterback. And you see with Justin I mean, even with the good offensive lines, you take hits back there, so you got to have some size to handle that. And Mendoza has that, and the Raiders for a long time since since Derek karr Leff, had been looking for a young quarterback, a young franchise quarterback to build around, and they're probably gonna be able to have that. Now, it's going to take some time. There's still a lot of holes that have to fill, certainly on defense. This past year they had a lot of one year contract and a lot of older players, so they're gonna have to loop some masssets on that side of the ball as well, but then continue to build around for Na Mendoza and upgrade the offensive line. So a lot of work to be done there. So that's why you can see why they probably are entertaining a little bit moving Max Crosby for a lot of picks and maybe other players because they have a lot of holes to fill. The biggest thing is don't fill the biggest hole with the quarterback this year in the draft, the one.
Speaker 2: And only Tom Telesco, our friend from Serious xam our GM brain on the Petros and Money Show. Tom. When the NFL combine happens, is there typically an overreaction from the GM types or does it just confirm something you usually already knew.
Speaker 5: It usually confirms that the whole notion that players are rising and falling at the combine really is not true. I mean usually the player is on the board where he's been a lot of the players that test very well, like the tight end at Oregon, Sadik, like everyone knew he was going to test well, So I don't think it's going to change anything.
Speaker 2: I figured he would test well when he would like hurdle it over like seven guys against in a big ten game. You know I'm pretty good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, track background and these an outstanding athlete. You can see it on the field. So most of these players that ran fast and tested well, they're players that were known to test well already. And as you saw this year the com a lot of players that knew they weren't going to run fast just didn't run. And we'll see if these players end up running or testing at their protags at their schools or not. I think that's part of the reason why there were so many fast times, because all the fast guys said, we'll run and the guys that don't run this fast that, you know what, I'm gonna wait on this one, so we'll see. But and then every now and then you get a player that does test better than you anticipated, and then you'll go back and you'll meet again with your scouts, kind of go to the tape again, so if you missed anything, and sometimes you do, sometimes you don't, but sometimes we'll give you a cross check as well.
Speaker 4: What the Rams have two first round picks, Tom, they got thirteen. I think twenty nine is the other one, or maybe it's thirty. But just kind of when you're that close to making Super Bowl, when you have a quarterback that just won the MVP and is I think thirty seven, Like, how do you how do you best use those draft picks? Do you do you trade one of them for We were talking about this yesterday at corner, Like maybe McDuffie if he's on the market, do you get more you know, there's some guys that are twenty four, twenty five years old, or are you cooking more at players like that with your first round draft picks. What's the proper way to use those when it feels like this is a team that is all chips to the center of the table for this year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'd keep pushing them in. But you can keep pushing them in by still using your two first round draft picks at positions that you feel they can come in and contribute right away. And that's maybe the one difference where there may be say he's got two players at assimilar position. One's more of a project that may take a couple of years, and other guy's probably a little bit more ready made. They may go a little bit more ready made player, but they don't have a ton of holes. But in the holes it to have, I think they can fix in the draft. Me corners one of them. This is a pretty good corner draft. There's no doubt they could use one. This is a really good receipt for draft and that at least in the first two rounds, maybe the first three rounds, and they can use another receiver next to Puka, and then you know Davonte Adams, who get a little bit closer to the end, but they add another receiver for that group. It's really deep at the tackle position, so it can line up for them where they can add some players without having to go trade for a veteran, which also brings salary into it. And I'm assuming with with Matthew Stafford, he'll probably have another contract adjustment this year is my assumption, So that's going to take up some cap space. So you know, would they look at the potential starting quarterback for down the road, that road that they draft this year? You know, the only one that fits that is ty Simpson. Will they know that road? I don't know. You know, they may just kind of push the can down with another year with Stafford and just kind of go from some position position players right and take a player like Simpson in the first round with one of their two first round picks. So we'll see if I can see them using their two foot their two ones on position players.
Speaker 2: What's going to happen to guys like to on Kirk Cousins. You know, there's so.
Speaker 5: Many teams right now that don't have to starting quarterbacks that we saw Kyler Murray is going to come out next week, Kyler Murray, You're gonna be able to get at the league minimum, which is for him. I think this over like one point five one point three million dollars. You're getting a starting quarterback at basically basically for free. Two will be the same way if he's released, because he has so much guaranteed money, and Cousins would be a little bit wary just on the age. You've actually played pretty well at the end of last year. But there's a lot of teams that need quarterbacks right now. There's really only one legitimate first round quarterback this year, and that's Mendoza, and we know he's going to go to the Raiders. There's not a lot of our places to go unless you want to sign with Lake Willis, who looks interesting but just has a really small body of work. So those guys are all going to find homes, and more than likely Kyler Murray will probably start somewhere this year, and two will probably compete for a job somewhere to start as a bridge quarterback. More than likely.
Speaker 4: Tom to LESCo with US, longtime general manager of the Chargers with the Raiders, spent time with the Colts for a long while when they were winning Super Bowls with Peyton Manning. You drafted Ion in the first round. He's up this year. Bradley Boseman retired. I assume they're going to cut their losses with Makai Beckton. If Zion's number is too big to bring him back. How hard is it for a team that also, I think is knocking on the door of that Super Bowl. That's where they think they are to find three interior linemen in the same offseason.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's some other teams going through just the same way. The Browns are going through a similar situation with more than three. They're looking at probably four or five new starters the way it is right now, Zion john says he's going to get paid and get paid a lot, and it's just it's a flying demand. There's so few good offensive climemen available, a lot of teams need them. So we'll see where that shakes out with the Chargers. This is a pretty good draft with interior linemen. It's not as strong as tackle, but you can find guards the second, third and fourth round. You can find centers in the third and fourth round. Now, the question is do you want to play with a lot of rookies on the offensive line in the year where the Chargers like they're so close, you know, to being a Super Bowl contender. So do you want to go that route. Look into your offensive line with a good guy in department like they have there. Especially on the pro side, you can find some players. There's gonna be some players released between now in the beginning of the league year. You know, if you find one opfensive lineman, that's that's kind of a cat casualty. You sign one of those guys, you find one UFA, you draft a guy, and all of a sudden, you know you're ready to go. So you're going to have to attack it a number of different ways, maybe the possible trade. So when you have that many players in one position group to add, you just have to look at look at it from a lot of different perspectives. It's going to be greden seed, cap cuts, trades, and then draft and you'll put it all together that way.
Speaker 2: Fabulous perspective. Always from Tom to LESCo, our friend nine to noon Serious x M NFL Radio for that good free agency talk that we all desire from a man who keeps it straight and real and always very informational. We sure appreciate Tom Telesco.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Tom, always a pleasure, guys, Thank you, And.
Speaker 2: That's Tom te LESCo with the latest, and we'll be back with your dead and a live guy Birthday of the Day, and then we'll get to David Vasse with the mysterious Daniel Hudson.
Speaker 1: Petros Pappadakis, that Money Smith. This is Petrosen Money on Demand and.
Speaker 2: Five seventy LA Sports You're Home of the Dodgers will feature Dodger Talk with David Vasse talking to Daniel Hudson.
Speaker 4: The Reliever, the World Tour.
Speaker 2: The Reliever Okay, sucking down in nine got that that footage knick, get out, it'll ruin the tour tour, the World Tour.
Speaker 4: You full limit is unlimited on that world tour.
Speaker 2: Well, we are an unlimited source of entertainment. On the iHeartRadio app. You can podcast the show or you could be streaming it live in the moment on the app app is the best quality of sound and the most availability as far as the podcast goes. Tomorrow, Matt and I will start at three again and we'll go to six thirty. The Clippers are taking on the Indiana Pacers who have zubots but barely.
Speaker 4: They are a centerpiece of the tanking and anti tanking discussion in the NBA is so they barely have zoobots. They like, they're not playing them. They are telling all their starters. I think that Hammy could use another couple.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you who's not gonna like that, Matt, and that's the owner of the Phoenix Suns. He's got a real problem with tanking. He doesn't like it.
Speaker 4: I don't like it.
Speaker 2: He didn't like giving mel Tucker ninety million dollars only to have him beat off on the phone with that chick. Really bad scene. Yeah, that guy. I'd be pissed if I.
Speaker 4: Was that gotches life in college sports.
Speaker 2: I guess, like, you know, you hire a guy, you pay him all this money. He has all these slogans and recruits his ass off, wiggle him away from Colorado away. It wasn't even that good. And next thing you know, he's polishing the bishop on the phone with a rape counselor what's going on? What's going on?
Speaker 4: I'd say something that wouldn't be believed if it were written in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: But it's true, you know what, it's true. He couldn't believe this if it was in Hollywood, and it is. Jean Harlowe speaking of Hollywood, Matt a big time star from before our time. Oh Jean, Jean Harlowe, carpenter from Kansas City, your favorite town. She would have been one hundred and fifteen years old today, but dead. How long? What year do you think Jean Harlowe died?
Speaker 4: I'll go ninth when she would have been howled today?
Speaker 2: One hundred and fifteen.
Speaker 4: I'll go nineteen eighty.
Speaker 2: She's been dead since nineteen thirty seven. I'm sorry? What yep?
Speaker 4: Jean Horlow correct Harlow since thirty seven, the.
Speaker 2: Biggest star in Hollywood, basically ever, the one that inspired the look, has been dead since thirty seven. She died at the age of twenty six, twenty six. Her dad was a dentist, she's her nickname, and her mom was the daughter of a really rich Kansas City real estate guy.
Speaker 4: Kansas City real estate some of the finest real estate in all the land.
Speaker 2: Her nickname was Baby. The mom divorced and her and Jean came to Hollywood. Not for Jean to become an actress, but the mom thought she could make a run at him. Happens at thirty two. Mom was told listen, Gallia too old, but your daughter there, Well, it was over. They went back to Kansas City, and then she went to Ferry Hall School in Chicago. She ended up married to an Air, a very rich guy from that school, at seventeen, and in nineteen twenty eight she moved back to la as a young socialite rich girl and became an extra in movies. Her husband disapproved, so she left him. Howard Hughes signed Chase My Dream. Howard Hughes signed her, and she ended up marrying an MGM executive for her second marriage. Her first movie, Hell's Angels, ended up being nineteen thirty's highest grossing film of the year. Her huge rack and blonde hair made her a star. MGM loaned her out and she did more stuff Jimmy Cagney in The Public Enemy, Clark Gable, and Iron Man. She's basically Matt the original platinum blonde chick. So if you ever see a woman with platinum blonde hair and red lipstick, you think Marilyn Monroe, But originally it's Harlowe who inspired Marilyn Monroe. Because Harlowe was such a big deal and so well liked. She dated a mobster named Abner'swilman, who bought her a red Cadillac and a bejeweled bracelet. He gave her his townhouse and his racing horses. She basically destroyed her hair every week with bleach and ammonia and luxe soap flakes, which made women do that all over the country, like the Kylie Jenner poofy lips.
Speaker 4: That's why we had a whole generation of bald women.
Speaker 2: In nineteen or in her twenty first birthday, they bought her contract from Hughes. Louis b. Mayer bought her contract from Howard Hughes, and she became the world's biggest star with a really quick run till she was twenty six. Her look was the inspiration for Madonna, even Gwen Stefani. Every once in a while, I could see that there is a Jean Harlowe cocktail equal parts sweet vermouth and rum. She got sick when she was fifteen at a summer camp, one of those weird Midwestern summer cap things. She got scarlet fever and it came back in her twenties, when she was campaigning for FDR and when she was filming what would be her last movie with Clark Gable Saratoga. She is very sick. She died of kidney failure at twenty six in nineteen thirty seven.
Speaker 4: I think it's just you look at her and it's you know, it's like our high school years. We looked like we were thirty. Well, harletwe looks like she's forty.
Speaker 2: She played a hard, hard edged She wasn't like. She didn't play like an innocent, giggling woman, right. She played like a hard etched gangster girlfriend type of chick, hence the platinum blonde hair. Yeah, you know, only twenty six, but married four.
Speaker 4: Times, living hard.
Speaker 2: Her last husband was the great actor William Powell. Oh from the Nick and Nora. I love the thin Man Sure movies. I've shown you the thin Man movies, yes you have, and the books dash O Hammett.
Speaker 4: You know they wear the hats with the nets over the eye. They just look old, like I'm looking at a photo of her and bid headed woman and she looks like she's fifty.
Speaker 2: Harlow's been played, Gwen Stefani played and the Aviator, the Howard Yes Movie and Sharon Stone and Echo.
Speaker 4: For Stefani, that launch her acting career. That one shot she got was she.
Speaker 2: I don't think she was like a cameo. She didn't speak, it's probably for the best, and don't speak that.
Speaker 4: I just stand in the best.
Speaker 2: Sharon Stone also played there. Okay, yeah, uh so anyway, Jean Harlowe. Very interesting story. And to think that that look is still a big thing. You know, they'll dress up Billy Elsh like that or something and slapp her on the cover of the magazine or even punk. Ask Kim Kardashian, who's hanging out with Lewis Hamilton and.
Speaker 4: Has the private Jett has it left? Has her private jet left for Australia? Is it in round the Kardashian Express. I thought you'd get that tail.
Speaker 2: Not least right to the quarteres. It's only Tuesday.
Speaker 4: I need your support, Kim. The bound it's a lonely place in Melbourne. Uh, you're a live guy. When you got a finished power metal band called Stratavarius, you bet your ass. Petro said money, You're gonna give you a look at the alive guy. Birthday of the Day, Hit me cakes, Happy sixty Temo Tolkien, turn it off sweet, Oh yeah, listen to it man. Guitar World has listed Temo in the top fifty of fastest fingers. What that's where you want to be listen to the Shreddy Finish power metal rock opera. Timo started playing guitar at seven. Parents said he was obsessed a shoot his schoolwork to practice seven to eight hours a day. Lost his father when he was just twelve, very sad. Pops decided to call it himself and just hopped out the window of their apartment. So bit of that event to deal with when dinner.
Speaker 2: Was he beaten in the street.
Speaker 4: People don't know, still don't know. He started playing with bands shortly thereafter, Antidote, Thunder Roadblock, but they were not getting traction. This is like part four of the rock opera. Oh yeah. When friends in a band called Blackwater call to see if he was interested, he agreed. They worked through some things, ended up renaming the band Stratavarius. Demo was their lead vocalist. He played all lead guitars, He played all rhythm guitar.
Speaker 2: He saw a slide rule in the corner and I thought, wow.
Speaker 4: He played bass guitar. Basically he was the driving force of Strata Varius. Everyone else was along for the ride. Huge in Finland and really most of Scandinavia. Give me a little more volume here when I make this statement, and I know hard to believe. He gigantic in Japan.
Speaker 2: This band, this overly dramatic finished.
Speaker 4: Band, Stratavarius, gigantic in Japan, top ten, number one import every time they released a record, put out four records before he started getting bored. So he went solo in ninety four. His first solo album.
Speaker 2: The first six rock Operas had my attention, but I'm now born.
Speaker 4: These seminal classical variations in themes, primarily instrumental. Follow up had lyrics very personal. He did have a nervous breakdown right after recording it. Ah, So Stratavarius broke up. He was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. He took a year off old recovery. Strata Aarius gets back together.
Speaker 2: You know where there's high drama, there are.
Speaker 4: Low lows, certainly I mean high highs low los. Oh, listen to the bass. I know what I'm listening to.
Speaker 2: On the way home, man crashes off bridge.
Speaker 4: He put Strata Areas back together in five. He left again in eight.
Speaker 2: He opened up the studio, holding up the devil hornes out of the window of his Mazda.
Speaker 4: I can't get enough. He was trying to talk to the neighboring cars.
Speaker 2: Can you hear this? Can you hear this? Listen to this? How good is this? Uh?
Speaker 4: He opens up a studio, he starts producing, started a new project, Avalon. It was the best of the best of power, metal, of death, metal, of metal, metal that Scandinavia had to offer. He released on May seventeenth, twenty thirteen, a story set in twenty fifty five. Earth has been destroyed by natural catastrophes and a small group of survivors decided to set off on a journey to find a sacred place known.
Speaker 2: Is the Land of New Hope.
Speaker 4: It turned into a trilogy, Angels in the Apocalypse Part two.
Speaker 2: You might have diven dove a little deep in this pool, Matt, I got into it. Listen, you might have swam a little bit too long in the moonlight.
Speaker 4: When I hear there's a trilogy that includes the Land of New Hope, Angels in the Apocalypse and returned to Eden, I'm excited.
Speaker 2: You know. I don't think our ideas are grandiose enough. Guys, we gotta get we gotta really, we gotta make this bigger. How do we make this bigger?
Speaker 4: He ended up doing fourteen His discography here fourteen albums with Stratavarius three. When I'm saying that's not enough, people are still clamoring for more. He did three with Revolution, Renaissance, four with Timo Tolki's Avalon, one with Symphonia, six solo, the latest of which was in twenty twenty four. He has written four books. He has been married three times. He has one daughter. He is sixty today. Dramatic piano.
Speaker 2: Do you think Ronnie would be okay with us just playing us out?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: I mean, Matt, you did a lot of research, you know.
Speaker 4: I got into it, man, I got into the UK.
Speaker 2: Steve Bush would mind, you know every once in a while.
Speaker 4: You know, then, I mean, it's a rock opera.
Speaker 2: Great night, everybody, and remember keep your eyes on the horizon and bent to it again. Take it from our friends at Strata Areas. You too can shred your way through the week. It's only Tuesday.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to get to my car and put it back on.
Speaker 2: Roll down your windows, show your neighbor that you're rocking out sixty three way we're talking to you. David vassays coming up back world will go