Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair are making plans again.
Speaker 5: It's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 6: Now your pregame host of the World champion La Dodgers, Tama Cats.
Speaker 7: Hi, everybody, and welcome in two of my Wrongo Casino Dodgers on dech on this Friday afternoon, June the twelfth, as you're back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers forty four and twenty five on this season first place a top the National League West. There are eight games up in the division. After taking two or three in Pittsburgh, which could have been a sweep if not for a late inning collapse on Wednesday, the Dodgers roachup continues now with the start of a three game series in Chicago against the first place White Sox.
Speaker 4: Roki Sasaki on the mound.
Speaker 7: First pitch from Raitefield on the south side is coming up at four forty between then and now. We got a lot to get to here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vassi goes one on what with Aj Prizinski from Fox. We got your Dodgers' magical moment. Charlie Steiner will stop by. Kirsten Watson will be here in just a little bit. In a few minutes, we will head out to the gallpin Ford broadcast booth and check in with Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 7: Last night in Pittsburgh Showhi Otani gave the Dodgers the early lead, and then Otani came out of the game. Well, Justin Robleski got the start on the mound. He'd pitched into the fifth inning, not before giving hip four runs on six hits and turning it over to the bullpen the rest of the way. Mentioned at Otanium the third inning, his second at bat, a solo home run to right center field that gave the Dodgers a one nothing lead. They weren't done a few batters later still, the third Kyle Tucker added to that lead.
Speaker 9: Piz a third Freeman at second once he can get a big lead at first, and Tucker lifts one of the ear to shadow left. That ball's gonna drop in for a hit. Pie Has comes into score Freeman, who is on the run on contact right behind him. It's a two out, two run single for Kyle Tucker and the Dodgers lead it three to nothing.
Speaker 10: You don't have to hit it hard all the time, man Tucker followed that lead. It's just a little flair.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Kyle Tucker with the two out flair, giving the Dodgers a three to nothing lead, and then the fourth Freddie Freeman added another well.
Speaker 9: During this series, the Dodgers have scored twenty three runs on twenty nine hits. They've had four home runs. Pitch to Freeman, he lines at to left field. That's a base hit. Otani will score rounding second on his way to third as Piez and Freeman with an RBI base hit makes it a four to nothing ball game.
Speaker 10: So we mentioned the said that Freddy Freeman, when he is faced killer is nine for eighteen. Will now make it ten for nineteen. He's been on base all three times.
Speaker 7: Well, the Dodgers adding one more in the fourth. After that Freddie Freeman RBI. That was a wild pitch that allowed Andy pott Has to score from third. This is the Dodgers scored three to third two more in the fourth. They were of five to nothing in cruising until well. The wheels fell off for Justin Robleski in that fifth inning as the Pirates put up at four spot to make it a five to four game. In the seventh, the Dodgers would tack on two more. An RBI ground out, a wild pitch gave the Dodgers some runs, and a satify in the eighth from Miguel Rojas put the Dodgers up on top of the Pittsburgh Pirates by a score of eight to four. But the Pirates wouldn't go away no. In the eighth inning, they tacked on two more in the bottom half of that inning to make it an eight to six game as the Dodgers, Tanner Scott would have to get the final four outs. Three strikeouns looked really good coming out of the bullpen as the Dodger close it down with an eight to six final. Justin Robleski had to leave the game after getting hit by a line drive and then an altercation at first base, and of course, show Hey Otani had to leave the game as well with left knee inflammation. More on that coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. He is not in the lineup tonight against the Chicago White Sox. Will have more coming up in just a couple of minutes. With the win, the Dodgers go to forty four and twenty five. They now have an eight game lead over San Diego and the NL West. And now the roachup continues to the south side of Chicago. Rookie Sasaki on the mound in the series opener against the first place Chicago White Sox. First pitch coming up at four forty and with more we head out to the galloping for broadcast booth this way, c Good afternoon to Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 9: Beautiful night here in Chicago on the South side at Rate Field, where tonight the White Sox will welcome the Dodgers. The White Sox have been one of the biggest surprises in all of Major League Baseball. They come in tonight in first place in them American League Central Division thirty six and thirty one, the third best record in.
Speaker 8: The American League.
Speaker 9: Meanwhile, the Dodgers are eight ahead of the San Diego Padres in the National League West, forty four and twenty five the overall record. The Dodgers have won seven straight against the White Sox, holding them to only fourteen runs in those seven games, an average of two runs a game. But this is a different White Sox team. Will venable managing them and they have found their way to the top of the standings in the American League Central Division more than the White Sox coming up. But the story of the day will show Hey Otani play. How is his left knee well? The update from the manager he says show Hey is fine ish and he will not be available tonight. He will not be able to pinch hit tonight. They did get some imaging on his left knee.
Speaker 8: It came back.
Speaker 9: Clean, and Dave said that as long as he's fine tomorrow, he'll be back in the lineup.
Speaker 10: Well, they're going to work at very cautious obviously, because they did not want to lose him for a long period of time. So in in his stead would be Santiago Espinal, who'll pinch hint for show Hey Otani. Yesterday over in Pittsburgh, and that may be the highlight as far as Hey, at one time, I actually pinch it for show, Hey Otani, So Espinol will be in there. The Dodgers kind of adjust their lineup and we see Chucky Robinson in the lineup. He will be behind the plate doing the catching and batting night for the Dodgers.
Speaker 9: Chucki's got plenty of big league experience. He was with the Angels for a little bit. But Robinson's going to make his first start this year. Last year came up, played in one game, got himself a World Series rank.
Speaker 8: So he's going to get that one game here tonight.
Speaker 10: At least absolutely. And Alice call will be the leadoff hitter tonight and the Hippie at the top of the order and play in left field. And for rookie Benz, you know, this is his thirty fifth game that he's played. Of course, missed a lot of time with the oblique. We're starting to see some better swings from rookie. It is not really translated to a lot of bass hints. He did have a bass hit in last Knight's Bowl game. Also was robbed of another base hit, which, by the way, there were some terrific defensive plays on both sides of the field. In that series in Pittsburgh, the Dodgers went two out of three, and one thing one advice I give don't take the White Sox for granted at all. They started off the season six and thirteen, but since that time, since the eighteenth of April, they've gone twenty nine and seventeen.
Speaker 9: They've had three straight one hundred lost seasons. No team has ever made it to the postseason coming off two straight, but this White Sox team is on a collision course.
Speaker 8: With the postseason, you know.
Speaker 10: And to somewhat like the Pittsburgh Bymers, they scored a lot of runs. They've scored over three hundred three eighteen to be exact, Dodgers are three hundred and seventy three and if we look at it recently, they've also had some pretty good pitching, both in the starters and out of the bullpen. So again, the Dodgers have to play very good baseball. It was a late arrival last night coming in with all the storms. O'Hare Field was actually closed down. Dodgers had to get a different airplane, one of the two that they flew into into Chicago, so didn't get to the hotel until about three o'clock local time this morning.
Speaker 8: Rokie Sasaki gets the start. He's three and three.
Speaker 9: Anthony Kay, who was going to pitch last night against Atlanta.
Speaker 8: They were rained out. He's been pushed to today.
Speaker 9: He is five and one, counting you down to the first pitch here in Chicago.
Speaker 7: Tim all right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans get that game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's at Shakey's dot com. We're off and running here on Morago Casino. Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 1: Coming up.
Speaker 7: You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. David Vats checks in of course throughout the hour. He goes one on one.
Speaker 4: Tod aj Perzenski from Fox.
Speaker 7: Charlie Steyner will be here, got show Toddy and Rewine, and we'll hear from Kirsten Watson when we return. That's all coming up as we lead job to Dodgers and the White Sox from rape Field in Chicago.
Speaker 4: First pitch come up before forty. They should be with us. I'm sim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunts a game on your home.
Speaker 1: For La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers and White Sox Rookie Sasaki Anthony Kapitchi matchup in this series opener battle of first place teams. First pitch from the south side of Chicago's coming up at four to forty.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewide.
Speaker 9: Payoff pitch, and Otani swings hits the ball deep to right field, heading back toward the wall.
Speaker 1: It is gone right over the wall.
Speaker 4: In right center field.
Speaker 9: Show hey old Tani home run number thirteen and the Dodgers get on the board first. It's one nothing on a frozen rope. Home run to the right center field gap and just over the wall at the three seventy five mark.
Speaker 7: Show Hey Otani with his thirteenth home run of the season. That solo shot coming in the top half of the third inning, and Otani went two for two on base twice with a couple of walks. But of course I had to leave the game with the left knee inflammation. As the Dodgers held on to beat the Buckos yesterday and Pittsburgh eight to six.
Speaker 1: This is Kirsten's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 7: Hey Kirson now joins us from the South Side of Chicago.
Speaker 4: Brought to you by Cars for Kids.
Speaker 7: Dont now Cars for Kids dot org. All right, Kirsten, show Hey Otani not in the lineup?
Speaker 4: What is the latest? Yeah, So with shoe Heyotani.
Speaker 11: Last night after the game, Dave Roberts made it clear to us that, first of all, when it came to that left knee inflammation, he was feeling it more, a little bit more behind the knee. Dave had thought maybe more hamstring related, but he did have some imaging this morning here in Chicago, and that revealed that there's no there's nothing to report in regard to the imaging, just some more wear and tear on that left knee. Of course, that's the knee that he's landing on he's coming down the mound. Even when Dave was asked, can you point to anything that maybe led to this knee inflammation or to bothering him? And they literally they said, he said, he talked show Hey and there was nothing to point to. So it does it wasn't a move we thought potentially it was a move that he made when he was attempting to steal second. Obviously we saw him running the bases. He was a bit aggressive in the game yesterday, but they said it was nothing there. It just kind of started bothering him and due to how they were being a little bit more preventive and being one step ahead at deciding to remove him out of the game, he isn't a very good spot. Dave said that if this was a game not in the regular season early June in Chicago, then if it was a higher stakes game, then he would have been in the lineup. So they do feel good ultimately as to where he's at, but they're going to give him today. Potentially tomorrow that is on the table as well. He might be down tomorrow, but they're kind of just gonna read and react. But as of right now, he's continuing to feel better, which is a very good sign.
Speaker 7: That is a great sign, and again it's June the twelfth. There's no need to rush back and try to play a game tonight. If you're not one hundred percent or close to one hundred percent, this is a long season. If the Dodgers need to show Hey more than anyed anybody else.
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 11: And even with that, Dave was saying, you know, they feel good about him making his next start, which is going to be on Wednesday. And it did come up that, you know, shohe of Tani actually did have knee surgery back in twenty nineteen. So when he was born, he was essentially his kneecap and layman's terms, his kneecap is like in two essentially, so they cleaned it up a little bit and that is something that naturally could lead to wear and tear, that could lead to some inflammation. And so Dave he was asked about that and he was saying, you know, he didn't hear anything in regard pointing to that surgery back in twenty nineteen. So at this rate, they're very much just more of this might just be the natural wear and tear, and sometimes you feel a little inflammation. We all feel here and there. So they do feel that this is not something that's going to lead to a high concern or anything like that. But because like you mentioned, they're so focused on the long game that it's more of okay, if you feel something, now, let's give him a few days to then allow himself just to recover, get some treatment on it and feel better. And they have, you know, the opportunity in the depth with their lineup. Yes, of course they are down a couple of guys. No Will Smith, who's on the il A no show Hey. He did say that, if you know, for more of the cat and mouse game show Hey is technically available off the bench if need be. It sounds like they want to stay away from him, but they just are more you know, they've got the option. So Santiago is in as the DH and then Alex call is going to be batting lead off, and we know Alex Fall he will do anything in his power to get on base. So hopefully the guys behind him can help get the offense going.
Speaker 7: No doubt, different looking lineup, hopefully they can continue the winning for the Dodgers. Thank you, curious, we'll check out with you after the game. Still they come here on Moronggo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vastego's one on one with A. J. Perzenski from Fox, one of the good guys talking baseball on a national level will get you an update on the injury situation, and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. Leading up to Dodgers and White Sox from Chicago on this Friday.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kates is the back.
Speaker 7: To back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is my raw long Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue All season.
Speaker 7: Long Long Brogo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Friday afternoon as we lead up to Dodgers and White Sox from Chicago Morono Casino Resort.
Speaker 4: And in Spa.
Speaker 7: It's a Grand Slam for a good times. Rookie Sasaki on the mat, first pitch at four forty.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 7: Presented by UCLA Healthy, Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Showeo Tani not in the lineup with the left knee inflammation. We'll here for the managers coming up in just a second. Will Smith on the IL with the sore neck. Tascar Hernandez, Kiki Hernandez both on the IL. Tyler Glastow on the IL at the lower back spasms could start throwing soon. Blake Snell in the sixty day IL with the loose bodies removed from his elbow. He's continuing his throwing progression. Brock Stewart is actually in Ontario with the Tower Buzzards on a minor league rehab assignment. Tonight, he has scheduled to pitch out of the bullpen. Tommy Edmund is with Triple A Oklahoma City. He is on track to be activated and play for the first time this year on Tuesday when the Dodgers return home.
Speaker 4: All right, let's return to Chicago and check out with the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: Skipper questions for Dave Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 8: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 12: He is doing He's doing fine today. I think that we got we got some pictures. Uh, there was no findings. It's just the normal wear and tear. I thought initially it was a hamstring.
Speaker 2: It was the knee.
Speaker 12: So it just kind of got upset, swelled up a little bit, and so I think we were kind of getting ahead of it smart getting him.
Speaker 2: Out of the game, which I think was prudent.
Speaker 12: And then with the travel, it's just just to give him an extra day, and my hope is that he's in there tomorrow, but if not, he'll need another day.
Speaker 2: But it's something that I think that we can.
Speaker 12: Manage, uh not an eye situation, and just seeing him today, he feels fine ish. But again, just giving him extra day is the smart thing to do.
Speaker 11: Do you have a better idea as to when this happened?
Speaker 2: There is no incident, we don't know.
Speaker 12: He doesn't know, and I was like, I asked him if it was during the pitching, was it, you know, when he was hitting, when he was trying to steal a base, and there was no one, you know, incident, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think that's maybe a good thing.
Speaker 6: Would you say when you say the knee, like, is there a specific part of the knee?
Speaker 13: Is it something that is related to the twenty nineteen surgery that he had or he said that there.
Speaker 12: Was some soreness in the back and then that's where the swelling is at. But that's where a lot of the swelling with the knee kind of like builds. But again, his range of motion today is good and so if it was another you know, time in the season, he'd be in there tonight.
Speaker 4: All right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 7: So it sounds like show hey, O, Tani is okay, and it's just now day to day moving forward with that inflammation in the left. When we continue here on Rogo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll get into more with David vas as we lead you up to first pitch from the South Side of Chicago, Dodgers and White Sox on this Friday. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Dodgers and White Sox Rookie Sasanki on the Mount Todgers Baseball brought to by al Ponto, born in La. Made for your game, Dale Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, salsas and hot sauces.
Speaker 4: Right to your table al Poto Gourmet in a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck, I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 4: All right, DV.
Speaker 7: According to Dave Roberts, sounds like they avoided disaster or potential problem with his knee and Otawani.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And it seemed like Dave Roberts was unsure where the issue was Otani's left knee last night after the game, because he said it was in the back of the left knee. He thought it was a hamstring issue more than a left knee issue. But then again today, as you heard him say, now that's where you know, the swelling starts to really show itself in the back of the left knee. So it is Otani's left knee. And I did see video of Otani arriving at raid Field in Chicago today and he was not limping. He was carrying a carry on type of suitcase, so he was all smiles and that's a good sign. But like I said last night, Tim, this is the right move. You gotta protect O'tani from himself. He's gonna want to be in there. And after what we saw him do two nights ago, throw one hundred and two pitches, come out of the game last night with left knee inflammation, there's no reason for a team like the Dodgers that airs on the side of caution. With everybody less than Otani, don't need to push it with show. Hey, and in fact, you know, it might be the right decision not to have Otani play any of these games in Chicago, because you can't afford to lose Otani for four to six weeks for a left knee issue that that knee, his kneecap was operated on in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it just doesn't make sense. David is brought to you by a Ford. They got American values. For American values, go to your southern California Ford dealer today for offering employee pricing to everyone by for Now dot com.
Speaker 4: Dave Roberts is not going to be in Chicago all weekend.
Speaker 5: Huh, Dave, Yeah, he's not after tomorrow night's game. Tim remember earlier this week he told us that he will be flying to Palo Alto to attend hit graduation at Stamford, which has taking place on Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 12: You know, the job is going to get done with it without you, and so for me, I encourage my coaches to enjoy, you know, graduations, things like that. One of our coaches had to leave for a surgery for their daughter, and I it certainly welcome that because there's nothing more important than family, and it also I think when you get to do moments with your family and other things that are really important, I think you do your job better and then you feel better about the people you work with and.
Speaker 5: For You've done this before with your son, Cole. I'm curious, when you're at your daughter's graduation, will you be looking at your phone a lot? How are you able to be present in the moment.
Speaker 2: That's a great question.
Speaker 12: So I don't know what I did for Cole's graduation, but Emmy, it is going to be a day game, and I think they are going to overlap, so I think I might just try to put my phone down be completely present.
Speaker 5: So Dave Roberts will be there where he needs to be on Sunday, and he'll rejoin the Dodgers Monday at Dodgers Stadium after a Saturday night's game in Chicago.
Speaker 7: Love it all right, David, appreciate what check back you with you just a little bit. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll hear from Charlie Steiner. But up next you Dodgers, Magical Moment, Dodgers and White Sox and this outside of Chicago. I'm Tim Kas' is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Networks.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game.
Speaker 1: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Dodgers and White Sox started a three game series from Chicago. Rookie Sasaki on the mound, first pitch at four forty.
Speaker 4: Not a boat, a hot dog?
Speaker 5: Who wants a hot dog?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment Ditch Magical presented by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 7: We go back to July second, last year, Dodger Stadium, Dodgers in White Sox at night.
Speaker 4: Clayton Kersh, I'll never forget.
Speaker 9: One ball, two strikes two Capra settle than fifty thousand on their feet at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 1: One two pitch, strike.
Speaker 3: Three, cold is pig got a little slider, strike out number three thousand for Titan history at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 8: They will stop the game.
Speaker 9: Hershaw doffing his cap to the crowd, This adoring crowd here at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 8: As Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 9: Enters the three thousand club, just the twentieth member and only the fourth left hander.
Speaker 8: In the history of the game.
Speaker 9: With three thousand strikeouts, every one of them coming in a Dodger uniform.
Speaker 7: Last year, Clayton Kershaw recording his three thousand career strikeout, getting White Sox their basement. Vinnie Capra to strike out in the top half of this sixth thingning this Hofey magical moment brought to by Hoffey hot Dogs, Hoffeye Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hofey hot Dogs Local and so great. Will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We want to hear from Charlie Steiner. It leads up to Dodgers and White Sox. I'm Tim Kasis, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers on you a network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers.
Speaker 2: On Tack.
Speaker 1: On your home for the blue all Season Law.
Speaker 7: Kiss the Dodgers and the White Sox from Chicago, Rookie Sasaki, Anthony Cather, pitching man Shiptime. Now for the Verizon startup is we are thirty five minutes away exactly from the start of the game. Now, Varians and you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your so Cal Verison store today. We say hello to Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 14: All right, tim after the Dodgers took two of three in Pittsburgh. Tonight is game seventy on the season, the first of three with the White Sox, the suddenly very good White Sox, the suddenly first place in the American League Central Division White Sox at thirty six and thirty one, Dodgers with an eight game lead on the Padres, nine and.
Speaker 8: A half over Arizona and Mope.
Speaker 14: I guess the headline story coming into the game, it's no.
Speaker 8: Show, no show, Hey O, Tommy.
Speaker 14: Today Alex call leading off in left field.
Speaker 10: And with the Otani it was the it was the hamstring that there was the issue, Dave Roberts saying that he didn't really know about it until the sixth inning and last night, and they believe it was when Otani was maybe trying to take off and steal second base in the fourth inning. But you know, they're really cautious about what's going to happen. Sotani not in the lineup. Alex carlb will be in in left field. He will lead things off, and it's going to be Santiago espinhom who, by the way, now can claim in his career. He actually pinch hit for sho Hey Otani and he'll also be the designated hitter tonight.
Speaker 14: So okay, no Otani.
Speaker 8: So what does that mean.
Speaker 14: He's homered in the last two games, in his last twenty six games, hitting four to twelve, seven home runs, twenty four RBI, is a five away on base percentage pitching on the season, he's six and two a one point six EER. So he's the most dangerous hitter they've got and at the moment, he's the best pitcher that they've got.
Speaker 8: Got to be really careful about.
Speaker 10: Him, absolutely, and you know, you bite the bullet on the on the cautious side to begin with, rather than to leave him in there, even if it's kind of iffy fifty to fifty, because if you re injured or injured even more now you're talking about a longer time span that you would be lost, and that the Dodgers obviously do not want to do that at all, don't even want to approach that subject. So they're going to be very very cautious about it, no reason not to be. And for this Dodger bone club, I'm going to take the same position here in Chicago as they did in Pittsburgh when I said, do not take the Pirates lightly. They score a lot of runs. Well, obviously with the numbers you're talking about. With the Chicago White Sox leading their division, do not take them lightly because right now they are feeling their roads and for very good reason, including the fact there's only one team in baseball that has a better home record than the Chicago White Sox. That's Tampa and the White Sox have gone twenty two at eleven here in their home ballpark.
Speaker 14: They're won seven in a row at home and eighteen of their last twenty one at home. You know, here are the White Sox thirty six and thirty one.
Speaker 8: They're no longer a pushover. They're a good young team.
Speaker 14: Very anxious to see how they play over this three game series.
Speaker 10: And Charlie, how about the fact they both trained in the same facilities in Glendale, Arizona. Came a back raune Glendale and for the White Sox trying to make Major League Baseball history. No team has ever made the postseason after even two consecutive one hundred plus lost seasons, and for the White Sox it's been the last three so as it stands, right now it's the first place White Sox against the first place Dodgers.
Speaker 14: And tonight's pitching matchup Roki Sasaki, who has turned things around his last couple of outings against Anthony K. Sasaki's last start last Friday, no runs two, hit the career high ten strikeouts.
Speaker 8: Down in Anaheim, and in his.
Speaker 14: Last four starts he's two to zero and a one forty eight er. He has found evidently what he had lost the early part of the season.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, I could be a soon to watch what happens tonight because with the rain and you know, O'Hare Field was closed trying to come into Chicago, so it was a late departure out of Pittsburgh, could not land. They had to get a different airplane because the plane they were going to fly on was going to leave from O'Hare field. Well, that didn't get airborne. They had so substitute that. So they didn't check into a hotel until about three am local time. And you know, this is a family trip, so we'll see how well rest of the troops are. They're raring to go, hopefully.
Speaker 14: Talk about the last three years. Over the last three years, the Dodgers won two hundred and ninety one and one hundred and ninety five, nearly one hundred games. Over five hundred in the last three years, the White Sox had found one hundred and sixty two and three hundred and twenty four.
Speaker 8: Yet here they are early in.
Speaker 14: The season, a little past a third of the way through it, and they're in first place, a half a game in front of the Cleveland Guardians. Anthony Cape five and one four point four to oho Era is going.
Speaker 2: For the White Sox tonight.
Speaker 10: We're gonna find out what happens. Because one of the things that Kay has been able to do, he's undefeated at home. We'll find out how he's going to work. Here's the thing that's really weird. Ka has hit ten batters already this season. Dodgers thinking about crowding the plate a little bit more. We'll find out.
Speaker 14: Puck a love So it's the Dodgers in the White Sox, a rematch of the nineteen fifty nine World Series, when the Dodgers, behind Larry Sherry, beat the White Sox to win the World Series.
Speaker 1: That was then.
Speaker 14: This is now game one of the three game series coming up.
Speaker 4: Tim all right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 7: Dodgers Baseball's presented by Uniclow Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit uniclow dot com. Slash you still to come here. On Dodgers on Deck, We'll dive deeper to this pitchy matchup Rookie Sasaki Anthony Kit the leftander going at it.
Speaker 4: We'll get to the keys of the game.
Speaker 7: But up next to go high and tight with Aj Perzenski, former catcher now analysts for Fox.
Speaker 8: So lead you up.
Speaker 7: Dodgers and White Sox from the South Side of Chicago. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Dodgers and White Sox from Chicago. Rookie Sasaki, Anthony k the pitching matchable dev deepen to the numbers coming up. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast.
Speaker 4: When it's game night, it's Group Knight at Shakey's dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player it's an engagement of endearment. This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: We're joined right now by a man that you see on Fox Sports and you also see on foul Territory ten to noon Pacific time during the week days. He's a World Series catcher, and he certainly has a lot of experience with a few different teams during his nineteen Major League six And that's the one and only Aj Perzinski. AJ, thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it.
Speaker 13: No, probably happy to be on you know, since I saw you in Milwaukee. I hope you've gotten better because you really suck to doing poll tabs.
Speaker 8: I know, right Who know?
Speaker 5: Aj Prasinski and I could bond in Milwaukee just being able to try to get some poll tabs, which are essentially traps of baseball cards and lottery tickets combined into one, right, Aj.
Speaker 13: Exactly, I don't think you have to be from the Midwest, even though what a pull tab is, I think I think that might be the only place where we have them. But yeah, so basically, like an instant scratch off lottery ticket that you pay like a dollar for and you win nothing out of by like fifty of them, you win like zero dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, instead of looking at your phone, you're pulling these tabs and you're coming up with nothing.
Speaker 13: Exactly.
Speaker 1: But they're fun.
Speaker 13: They're fun. They are fun.
Speaker 5: I'll say that they were fun and you got you got to see the Dodgers in Milwaukee and obviously keep tabs on. Are the Braves the only team that could possibly stop the Dodgers at this point in October?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 13: I think most of the Dodgers are still the best seam going. But I think the Phillies now with their starting pitcher on Christopher Sanchez, Zach Wheeler, Aaron Nola, pass Soizardo and the back end of Duran and the rest of that back end Brad Keller, are healthy in their lineup because they can hit homers and they have guys that have been there. I think the Phillies are a threat. I think the Brewers are a threat. I think if the Brewers can go out and find one more pitcher. Listen, you have Mizz and Kyle Harrison going. That's pretty good one two punches. The back end of their bullpen with the Reve and McGill and some of their other guys, they mix the matches great, But if they can go out and find a hitter, a legitimate hitter. And this is not a knock on Bryce Terrang and Christian Yelich and some of the other guys that they have William Contreres. But if they can go out and find a hitter, and when I say hitter, I mean a guy that is a force, like I don't know who that could be, but if they could find a guy that is an absolute force where the Dodgers or any other team goes man, we got a really game plan for this guy because he could at any point can hit a homer against us and change his game. I think they could be dangerous just because Pat Murphy knows how to handle his team. He knows how to mix a match with the best of them. So there are other teams in the American in the National League that could derail the Dodgers. And let's not forget the Dodgers for the last few years have been considered the greatest team in history in there about four inches away from losing the World Series last year. So it is possible. Is it likely? I don't think so, but it is possible.
Speaker 5: AJ you had a lot of stops in your career. One of them was in Atlanta while Freddie Freeman was playing there. What was your experience as a teammate with Freddie Freeman and did you ever believe that he would be going strong at age thirty six? Did you see that when you were playing in Atlanta?
Speaker 13: Fredy Freeman was the monster back then and a great I mean you guys, Dodger fans have gotten to know what a great person. Pretty. Yes, there was never a doubt Freddy was always special. I mean every coach I talked to that knew Freddy. I knew the hitting coach for the Braves before I got there. He told me all about it.
Speaker 2: He's like, this guy's a monster.
Speaker 13: This is like two thousand, a couple of years before I even went and played there. He's like, you got to see this guy and what he can do with the bat. And then when I got to play with him and see it on the first hand basis, it only it only made it more. It just amplified it even more to a point where I'm like, man, this guy really is special. Getting to play with him for two years, seeing him on a daily basis, the way he goes about his work, it has not surprised me at all that he's got a chance to get three thousand hits. And you know, the one thing about Freddy that was so funny is that when I when I played with Freddy, all he cared about was he just said, I'm like, Freddie Man, you're going to go to the Hall of Fame probably one day with it you as good as you are.
Speaker 8: And he would laugh.
Speaker 13: He goes, you know what all I want is one ring. He's like, you have a ring. I don't have a ring. I haven't come closed at the time in Atlanta at getting a ring because we weren't very good. And now I look at Freddy and I'm like, Freddie, you got like ten rings.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 13: It feels like I feel like you're winning the ring every year. So one thing about Freddy is Freddie wanted to win all times and he's kind of proven out the way. He'll play through paying, he'll play injured, and it just shows up every day wanting to make his team better. And that is a big thing for Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 5: No doubt, and he always is. Aj Prasinski is our guest. All right, you have a strong connection to the White Sox. What can you tell us about the change in Miguel Vargas. Everybody knows about Miguel Vargas being one of those hyped up prospects. And the trade that the Dodgers made with the Cardinals and White Sox seem to have paid off for the Dodgers and White Sox more than the Cardinals. So it wasn't even trade. But how has Miguel Vargas come into his own? Did you see this coming?
Speaker 13: I don't know. I mean, I think the biggest thing that happened to Miguel Vargas is he went to a place in Chicago where he gets to play every day. Right, you got to find a place who can get to play and you get to develop In LA. That wasn't going to happen because they were trying to win World Series. They're trying to do all these special things, which obviously they're doing. But you got to trade into Chicago. Listen, say what you want about LA. There's a little more pressure on your trying to win, and there is in Chicago when you're losing one hundred and twenty games. So what it allowed for the Gov Martins to do is he made some adjustments in the swing He didn't have to go up there saying, man, I want to, I want to.
Speaker 2: I got to get a.
Speaker 13: Hit because I want to play tomorrow, right, So if I don't get a hit, that I'm not going to play and then I'm gonna get platoons and I'm gonna have to do this.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna to do that.
Speaker 13: Chicago, they're like, hey, just go out and play every day. It makes some adjustments and learn from it, and that's been a good thing. Some players need that and then they find themselves after a couple of years. Not everyone is ready the day they get to the big leagues. You have to make that adjustment. But go Martins has turned him into a heck of a player, and he's got a chance to do something that hasn't happened in like ninety years, and that to be a starting third baseman from the Chicago White Tux in an All Star Game.
Speaker 8: And if you would have told.
Speaker 13: Dodgers fans out a couple of years ago, they have said no chance. Even maybe White Tauks fans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, Aj.
Speaker 5: And could you imagine Max Munsey's starting at third base for the National League and Vargas starting for the American League in the All Star Game.
Speaker 2: That would be pretty cool. Yeah.
Speaker 13: Well, I love Max, so I hope Max gets every everything he can get.
Speaker 8: He's one of my he's.
Speaker 13: One of our favorite guests on foul Territory. He's awesome. I love Max to death and I wanted to of course I want.
Speaker 2: Him to start.
Speaker 8: Of course you do.
Speaker 5: He's a connection to foul Territory. AJ Prasinski World Series Champion, All Star, nineteen year Major leaguer, and you could see that backwards hat in that beautiful beard. Tend to noon Monday through Friday on foul Territory.
Speaker 13: Thanks Aj, Thank you, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Tim.
Speaker 5: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 7: All right, thanks a lot, dav, Thank you AJ. Two good guys talking baseball right there. Some quality baseball chatter, no doubt.
Speaker 4: So he leads you out to.
Speaker 7: First pitch, Dodgers and White Socks up. Next, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Wrongo Cassino Dodgers Hunter on your home for La Dodgers Baseball it's.
Speaker 7: The Dodgers and White Socks on the South side of Chicago, starting a three game weekend set. First pitch coming up at four.
Speaker 1: To forty and now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: Brought to you by her Toyota Dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 7: Anthony k on the mound for the White Sox, thirty one year old left handers five and one with a four to forty ERA. Former first round pick of the Mets in twenty sixteen, straight into the Blue Jays and made his major league debut in Toronto in twenty nineteen, played there until twenty twenty two, Cubs and Mets in twenty twenty three, then spent the last two seasons pitching over in Japan. Signed a two year deal this past offseason with the White Sox.
Speaker 4: Has been really good.
Speaker 7: Making his twelve start this year, he throws a slurve, a forcing fastball, sinker, and occasional changeup. He has recorded a career high and wins this year start, strikeouts, innings pitched while posting a career best for forty erra this season, he is four to zero with a three twenty two ERRA and thirty one strikeouts. Over his last seven starts, he has held left handed hitters to a one to fifty five average compared to a three hundred average against right handed hitters. Tonight is his first career starts against the Dodgers. Rookie Sasaki on the mound for the Dodgers three in three to four h three ERA. Twenty four year old right hander making his twelve start this season. Last time out, Sasaki shut down the Angels last Friday in his first career scoreless start, delivering seven innings and giving hip just two hits while striking out a career high ten, but got a no decision out of that. Before that, outing five and a thirty innings, one run, three hits, seven strikeouts in a no decision against the Phillies. Rookie Sasaki the last month has been really good. His last four starts, Sasaki a one forty eight RA, twenty nine strikeouts, only five walks combined, and in a two to zero record while limiting the opposition to a one fifty three batting average. More of that police, He's facing the White Sox for the first time now today in his career. Rookie Sasaki Anthony k the pitching matchup. It's the Dodgers in White Sox from Great Field in Chicago, as we are fifteen minutes away for first pitch.
Speaker 4: Keys to the game are next.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim Kason's the back to back World Series champion Dogers your network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack.
Speaker 1: On your home for the blue All season.
Speaker 4: Long Dodgers Road Chick continues.
Speaker 7: After taking two of three in Pittsburgh against the Pirates, the Dodgers now head to the south side of Chicago for a three game interleague series against the White Sox. As the Dodgers going to action tonight first place stop the NL West White Sox going to play first place atop the Al Central. As we get you ready for the start of the game. Brought to you by Sapporo Beer. Great Moments start with Sapporo Beer. Whatever your taste preference, Toporo has you covered with a variety of crispin refreshing loggers, including the light and non alcohol beers. If you prefer Soporo, Good Wi Sushi, Great with Baseball. Back out to the booth one final time, Tim never Rickmondy guys.
Speaker 9: Thanks again, Tim as we look forward to this ballgame here tonight at Rate Field in Chicago.
Speaker 8: It's going to be a beautiful night for a ballgame here.
Speaker 9: Roki Sasaki seems to have figured some things out, and his last four starts he's two and oh with a one forty eight ERA.
Speaker 8: He has been really really.
Speaker 10: Good lately, and the last start that was on Friday against the Angels, and that may be his best outing only two hit, seven scoreless innings, struck out a career high ten batters in for Rokie Sasaki, I think part of the puzzle, it looks like he's maybe sold. If he gets ahead in the count, it's a one thirty eight batting average against. That's what he did on Friday, That's what he's done the last four starts. But when he falls behind in the count, it's a three eighty one batting average against. So yeah, throw strikes, get ahead.
Speaker 9: Anthony Kay was supposed to pitch against the Braves last night, been pushed ahead today with the rainout that the White Sox had with Atlanta. Last pitched on Friday against Philadelphia, got a no decision. He allowed six runs in four innings. He's looking for a bit of a bounce back.
Speaker 10: Tim, He's kind of strange also from a standpoint runners in scoring position. He's really been good, only a one eighty two batting average against right handed hitters, have hit three hundred for the season. They've hit nine to the ten home runs off of off of k. But the thing that really sticks out for me is puzzling. He's already hit ten batters already, he's hit ten, So be careful in the batter's box that crowd the plate.
Speaker 8: Maybe not.
Speaker 9: It's a battle of two first place teams in the beginning of an interleague series here in Chicago, the Dodgers and White Sox coming right up, Tim.
Speaker 7: All right, Dodgers, as we said, going to play first place atop the nl wes. Dodgers start the night eight games up over the San Diego Padres, nine and a half games up over the Arizona Dimebacks. Diamondbacks in action right now in Cincinnati, taken on the Reds of that game's in the bottom half of the first sitting. Meanwhile, the Padres and Baltimore to take on the Orioles. The O's three to one lead already in the second and he will keep you up the day on what's happening in those games.
Speaker 4: David Vasti's got you cover.
Speaker 7: On the post with all the reaction highlights in Dodger Talk as well, enjoying Dodgers and White Sox, two first place teams square it off next right here on your Back to Back world, the Champion Dodgers Audio Network