Speaker 1: Like the falls on home run perfect. I'm ready to go.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the World Series, Dodger Fans.
Speaker 3: Is playoff time when your favorite show.
Speaker 4: I love you, you know I do.
Speaker 5: Thirteen wins is all a take on that happen.
Speaker 1: It's heave for you.
Speaker 6: Welcome to a World Series edition of Dodger Talk. Get in on the action at eight six six seven.
Speaker 7: This guy eats Breeze, sleeps Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers World Series Baseball. It's brought to you by l A County Public Works.
Speaker 8: Recycling beverage Containers is a triple play and.
Speaker 6: My Children's Hospital LA creating hope and building healthier futures for over one hundred twenty four years.
Speaker 9: Now we go to your award winning broadcasters of the world champion Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Here's your host of Dodger Talk.
Speaker 1: It's only been fourteen years.
Speaker 7: Every day, David Basse.
Speaker 2: We are live at Dodgers Stadium. After Game three finishes, after six hours and thirty nine minutes and eighteen inning marathon. Freddie Freeman the hero, a walkoff home run in the eighteenth inning to give the Dodgers the six to five win and a two games to one lead in the World series. He hit it off Brendan Little, so Nestor Cortes and Brendan Little in the same Freddie Freeman club. Freddie Freeman hitting the walkoff grand slam off of Nestor Cortes last year in Game one of the World Series, and Brendan Little serves up the walkoff home run to Freddie Freeman in this year's Game three of the World Series. We're gonna be with you until two A M. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number will climb. Another hero of tonight's game, an unlikely hero of tonight's game, coming out of the bullpen the last release pitcher Dave Roberts had at his disposal. Pitching the last four innings of this game, does not give up a run, allowed just one hit, had five strikeouts, and somehow, some way had something left in the tank to be able to get through that top of the eighteenth inning to set up Freddie Freeman's heroics. Honestly, this game should not have gone to extra innings. I'll just put this out there right now. This game should not have gone to extra innings. The Dodgers made key mistakes to force and give the Blue Jays extra outs and basically give up runs. The Dodgers should have won this game in nine innings. I mean, Freddie Freeman, I know, it's one of those plays in the third inning where you're challenging Addison Barger to make a perfect throw to the plate.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 2: Freddie Freeman was thrown out to end the third inning when they had Max on the ropes. Tommy Edmin had a key error in the top of the fourth inning which allowed a run to score in that inning, and that turned into the go ahead three run home run by Alejandro Kirk in that situation, and then you know ta Oscar Hernandez Hill advised over aggressive base running trying to take a third base after there was a wide throw to first base from the Blue Jays shortstop Andres and Menez. Vladimir Guerrero Junior saw Teoscar Hernandez trying to take extra ninety feet through him out at third base for the last out of that sixth inning, and a poor throw by Taoscar Hernandez in the seventh inning to home plate, Vladimir Guerrero Junior was dead to rights if he just makes a throw online instead, it was way up the first base line and Guerrero didn't even slide cleanly. So those were the things to me that stood out that forced extra innings. Now, I mentioned the era by Tommy Edmond on a routine ground ball by Bobaschett which opened the door for a go ahead three run home run from Kirk Off a glass now in the fourth inning. But Tommy Edmund made two incredible defensive plays in this game, starting with the ninth inning where he made a great play moving on every play where he was able to make a great throw to get David Schneider home at the plate on a relay from ta Oscar Hernandez, and to save the Dodgers in that situation on a double by Nathan Lucas that Schneider was trying to score on. It was a great relay throw by Tommy Edmund in the tenth inning.
Speaker 1: And then in the ninth inning.
Speaker 2: Dalton Varshow hit a line drive that deflected off Freddie Freeman's glove. Isaiah Kanna Filefa tried to take third base, but Tommy Edmund, moving on the play, backing up the play, made a great throat to Max Munsey for the second out of that ninth inning. So he made up and then some for that era in the fourth inning, being able to make two of the biggest defensive plays in extra innings for the Dodgers. And how could we forget about sho hey o Tani. An incredible night for an incredible player, the best on the planet on base nine times tonight. He has four hits in the first nine innings of tonight's game, all of them extra base hits, two doubles, two home runs, He scores three times. He hits the game tying home run in the seventh inning. It just had that feeling that he was not going to allow the Dodgers to lose this game, no matter how many It felt like the Blue Jays had the momentum. Otani responded, and that's the reason why Blue Jays manager John Schneider intentionally walked O'tani four different times in extra innings tonight, never giving him an opportunity to be the one to beat them. Let's head downstairs right now to hear from the Blue Jays manager himself, John Schneider.
Speaker 10: Hey, John, eighteen innings obviously not the result you guys wanted for you. What stands out, I don't know, A turning point in that game.
Speaker 11: What what do you go to?
Speaker 12: It's a lot, man. I love the way we played, I love the way we fought. I think every single player had the right intentions on both sides tonight. You know, there's there's a lot of things you look at. You know, we had chances to score, They had chances to score. Yeah, a lot to digest, you know what I mean. But I think turning points obviously walk off Homer. But man, I give my guys so much credit for playing the way they did, and Eric Lower pitching the way he pitched that that's pretty unbelievable. I know Client did the same thing for them, but a lot of unpack in that game. But I couldn't be I couldn't feel, you know, as good as I do right now by the way they went about it.
Speaker 10: It looked like Bieber was in the bullpen at the very end. How close did he get to coming into this game?
Speaker 12: Uh, fairly, you know, I think Little had at least two innings in him and kind of go from there. We were trying to navigate that a little bit and knowing that after him it was it was gonna be Shane. You know, That's why Eric went as long as he did, and you know, you got to you got to figure it out sometimes on the fly.
Speaker 11: But he'll be ready to go to more for throwing.
Speaker 13: You're right, Bill, I'm wondering in the I think it was the seventh thing. He guys had a mound meeting before a time he came up, could have walked and then chose not to. Obviously you're willing to do that later on. I'm wondering why it didn't make sense in the seventh and why it made more sense to you later on.
Speaker 12: Uh, yeah, Mountain visit. You know, it's it's we're trying to pitch around him, you know what I mean, and you trust Sir Anthony to to make pitches, to do that, and sometimes for pitchers it's it's hard to do that, you know, when you're you're kind of trying to throw a ball and didn't put it where you wanted to put it. But you know, he had a great game, he's a great player. But I think you know, after that, you just kind of take the bet out of his.
Speaker 13: Hands and not to give away secrets, but that's pretty much what we should expect going forward.
Speaker 14: Yeah, far back on your left, Keegan, John what do you make of ol Tony's entire performance today and how did that match up against what you guys were kind of game planning for with him bullpen wise.
Speaker 12: You know, his performance was really good. You know, he's arguably the best player on the planet. You know, I think he kind of react in real time a little bit. You know, again, man, they got they have a really talented lineup.
Speaker 11: You know, It's it's.
Speaker 12: Not the easiest thing in the world to just walk him and face Mookie and Freddy, you know what I mean. So every situation is different. You know, you got to you gotta really execute at a high level against him. And I think the first couple of games we did, you know, I know he hit the homer off Fish in Game one, but I think that we we executed pretty well minus today, you know, and he's he's a great player.
Speaker 11: And took some took some really good swings today.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's Blue Jays manager John Schneider basically intimating that, yeah, anytime first base is open, uh show, hey, Otani is going to get four fingers, And who could blame him? After Otani carried the Dodgers offensively through the first nine innings, Oscar Hernandez also homeward for the first run of tonight's game. It was a deep shot to left field, a big bat flip for Taoscar Hernandez, and uh, you know, the Dodgers obviously are going to ride show, Heyotani and Mookie Betts has taken so much pride when opposing managers intentionally walk Otani in front of him. Well, tonight it just didn't work out for Bets. Betts was just one for eight tonight and in those situations coming up after Otani, he just couldn't deliver that game winning hit. But he better be ready because John Schneider just laid it out right there. He is going to intentionally walk show, Hey Otani and Mookie Betts has got to be ready. Eight six, six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Blue Jays six to five and eighteen innings tonight thanks to a Freddie Freeman walk off home run, the second consecutive World Series Freddie Freeman walks it off for the Dodgers. Not a Grand Slam this time, but all he needed was won a home run over the center field fence in the eighteenth inning. To give the Dodgers a two games to one lead. I guess we're gonna have to add this to the calls next year. Where were you and Freddie Freeman hit his walk off home run in the eighteenth inning.
Speaker 7: Let's go out to Sam. We know where he was.
Speaker 2: He was at Dodgers Stadium tonight. Hi, Sam, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 15: Hey Dave, what are you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm doing great.
Speaker 15: I got a couple things to say. I'm still speechless from the game, a couple of things I want to address. I mean, I can't cover all bases because it was eighteen innings, but what I was thinking in the first I would say five or six innings. I mean, I've been listening past couple of Dodger talks and your appeal for the fans to get riled up. It was really so far. I even videoed a couple of moments where there was even two strikes two out, maybe five thousand fans waving their towels, even standing up. It was just really dead in there. And I don't know what we got to do to get the ravine rocking again. But that's one thing I wanted to say. Shout out to Will Kline.
Speaker 2: Of course, Well I will say this Sam, as far as the fans go. George Springer's first at bat, I was, I love the way they showered him with booze. I felt like the game tone was set right there. But yeah, it's it's tough when not a lot of action is happening and you know the PA is blasting and trying to get people riled up. It doesn't happen organically all the time like that. But go ahead about Will Klein because he certainly was a hero tonight.
Speaker 15: So the hard part for me is, like I don't think it has to get to like two strike two out, but like I think glass now was in a jam and he had first and third one out. I mean, if he gets his two strikes in that bad that's a huge at bat too. You got to get up for him then, Like it doesn't have to be you have to wait till the two strike two out and nobody on or whatever. But the fans got to be I mean, jam's a jam. This is a random question. Well on one more thing and then one more thing real quick?
Speaker 11: Why was?
Speaker 15: I mean, I understand what's your one thing?
Speaker 2: We got calls you are as you are emotionally exhausted as the players. Sam, catch your breath. I'm going to come back to you since you got one more thing and one more thing. Hold on, all right, Let's go out to Sheldon, who is at Dodgers Stadium tonight. Hi Sheldon uh Man, what a night for you to be at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 1: Hi Sheldon Sheldon.
Speaker 2: Okay, Sheldon missed their flight and missed coming on the show. Let's try uh Art to Meo Art to MEO, You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 1: How you doing.
Speaker 16: I'll do a great Dave, what a what a win.
Speaker 17: I was there at the alser at the stadium.
Speaker 18: I got to witness another eighteen eighteen and any World Series game because I was there in twenty eighteen as well.
Speaker 15: To Max Bunty, walk it off.
Speaker 7: You were here for.
Speaker 2: Both eighteen inning games? Did you stay for both eighteen innings?
Speaker 15: Of course I did.
Speaker 18: How are you gonna leave a World Series game early? Anybody that left the game early, A shame on you. I was also there for Game one of the World Series last year when Freddy hit his Grand Slam. So I've been very blessed to see some pretty cool feats happening at Dodgers States.
Speaker 7: Look at you, Look at you. You're like Brad Paisley.
Speaker 2: Brad Paisley performs the national anthem and there's a walk off home run in the World Series. That's three in a row for Brad Paisley as well. Art DeMeo.
Speaker 15: You know what.
Speaker 18: And he crushed it. He crushed us that national anthem, loved it, loved the whole game. And appreciate you for all you do, you know, for US fans and getting some insight, scoop and everything. And listen to you all the way there. Listen you know, I listened to to Sachs and Kates in the morning.
Speaker 15: It's you. Afi seven just Is crushed it all the way around.
Speaker 1: So thank you, Hey, thank you.
Speaker 2: I mean that guy lives Breeze Dodger Blue right there. He's got a lot of Dodgers in his life. Manny was at Dodgers Stadium tonight. Hi, Manny, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 15: What's going on DV No.
Speaker 19: I was not at Dodger Stadium. I was actually working tonight, but I.
Speaker 1: Called it so that you're coming from the game.
Speaker 19: No No, I told the guy who took it from y yeah, Colling, what's going on.
Speaker 17: I just want to say I was I'm a.
Speaker 19: Blue collar worker, and you know, I was working in a very very big bar, and I clocked out of work at ten o'clock and I said, I got to finish this game. And and lo and behold Freddy Freeman once again.
Speaker 17: Just this is the reason why he's.
Speaker 19: Going to have his statue up at Dodger Stadium years from now.
Speaker 17: This was a really crazy geam.
Speaker 19: Oh definitely, Oh my gosh, the Freddy Freeman last year of the game one, he does it again this year. I mean, it's something he's come to do a lot. But this game had so much up and down, and like you said earlier, the Dodgers left a lot of me end the meat on the bone today and they had a lot of you know, a couple of errors, the oh gosh, Tommy Edmund booting that ball, you know, leading up to a still.
Speaker 2: I feel like the Dodgers have played their best baseball in this World Series. And I think that's a scary thing for the Blue Jays, considering the Dodgers are up two games to one and they got Otani on the mound tomorrow. Yeah, it's I agree with you. And look, that's a good thing if you're a Dodger fan, because there's still a lot more room to get to that ceiling between now and two more wins. So thank you for the phone call, Manny. It's one oh seven in the morning. We are alive at Dodgers Stadium. After Freddie Freeman's walk off home run in the eighth inning, eighteenth inning gives the Dodgers a six to five win.
Speaker 7: We got a full boarder calls.
Speaker 1: That is so.
Speaker 2: Cool at one a m and many of you hanging in there with the Dodgers in this World Series game. And yeah, just to see those guys you hear about you hear about the hyperbolea being emotionally spent, physically spent. I witnessed that on the field. But there's a game tomorrow night, Game four. They got the right guy on the mound that carried them tonight show, Hey Otani through the first nine innings. Let's go out to KC kse. Were you at Dodger Stadium tonight.
Speaker 20: Dave, Yes, Oh my gosh, I was there in twenty eighteen. I went to actually the Freddie home run last year. This one tonight, I'm going tomorrow night. I saw me right back at the stadium in a few hours. But hey, unbelievable, the ups and downs.
Speaker 21: I was emotionally spent, so I don't even know how they're doing it. But hey, one tactical question, Dave, I mean, do you sit pa has at this point?
Speaker 17: I mean, he's such a liability up there.
Speaker 21: I know he plays great defense, but just kind of curious what you think, buddy, And hey, you do a great job.
Speaker 17: I super appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Kate.
Speaker 2: See, I absolutely believe you said Andy Paez tomorrow he led off four different innings. If he gets on one of those times, Otani's doubles, home runs turn into go ahead home runs and doubles, not just tying home runs and doubles. You gotta get a guy in the nine hole that will get on base. And we saw out of necessity Tommy edmund kick out to center field and extra innings and Miguel Rojas at second base. If they can do that tonight, I see no reason why Dave Roberts can have Miguel Rojas start second base tomorrow night and Tommy Edmunds starting center field. And if you're a little concerned about ed hold on, I'm not done with the first one. If there's any reasons why Edmund's ankle, there's any concern about that in centerfield later innings take him out of the game more moving to second base?
Speaker 7: All right, what's your other question?
Speaker 17: Sorry? Yeah, Dan, super subs or creakers? Come on, I'm a valley guy. Which one?
Speaker 7: Look at you, Casey Man. That's tough, But I'm going with Dan's.
Speaker 17: Yeah, me too. Number eighteen, Sweet Caroline.
Speaker 1: I'm going sweet Sweet Caroline.
Speaker 17: All right, buddy seel okay.
Speaker 7: Thanks a lot. The guy's very excited.
Speaker 2: Eight sixty six nine seven two, five seventy is the phone number. How about tonight Clayton Kershaw getting into the World Series in extra innings in the twelfth inning a basis loaded jam, relieving image shean. Everybody in this stadium was on their feet for Kershaw when they realized he was coming into the game, and then everybody was pulling for him to be able to get the Dodgers out of that jam with the game on the line in the twelfth inning, facing the left handed Nathan Lucas, and he was able to get a ground out. Another great play by Tommy Edmond A shovel pass out of the glove a'la Chase Subtley to Freddie Freeman. It was a little it was a little worm eater. It was hit on the ground very slowly, but luckily Edmund was able to get to it, and Kershaw got the Dodgers out of that jam. The only batter Kershaw face tonight in extra innings, Nathan Lucas and everybody was pulling for Kershaw to get out of that jam because of that false narrative around his postseason career.
Speaker 1: He did it.
Speaker 2: He was feeling good about himself and certainly feeling even better after the Dodgers won this game in the eighteenth inning. Let's head downstairs to hear from Kershaw on sports and at LA.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I'm going to start with the book, linb. You know, I think what he did tonight above and beyond, you know, above and beyond anybody can expect out of somebody that's literally never done that before. So all the respect and credit in the world for him to get going out there putting up zeros, and I had a lot of guys step up all the way down Robo Enriquez, all these guys coming out of the pen, putting up zeros for us, and and then yeah, Freddy does what Freddie does?
Speaker 11: You know, So I'm just glad he's on our team. We saw you.
Speaker 22: There with the bases loaded, what we sent a unique position for you to come in.
Speaker 1: Can you describe what it was like?
Speaker 22: Yeah, you know, she I forgot to even say she threw the ball. Un believable tonight too, you know, going two plus innings for us, and yeah, just trying to come in and get one out. Definitely something that haven't done a whole lot, but you know, you just try and do your job and what's asked of you, and thankful to get a little roll over there. And yeah, it was a big out for us. I thought it was gonna be a bigger out, but we played like nine.
Speaker 11: More innings, so it was a kind of cutaway of you. It looks like you got emotional in the dugout. What was going through your mind after you came out. I was just excited. I don't think I was emotional. I just got excited. You talked about you talked about Freeman.
Speaker 14: I mean, everybody remembers what he did last year, but to do a similar thing again, How did you describe that Clayton, he.
Speaker 11: Just uh, he's the guy you wont up.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 11: Freddy just keeps taking the moment.
Speaker 22: He just we keep putting them, putting them in good moments, and he keeps coming through for us. So, like I said, I don't know what else to say other than he's he's the guy you want up.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 22: That's there's no other way to say it. So just I'm just really glad he's a Dodger.
Speaker 9: Okay, we look at what it took from everyone on this team in the moments of October that bring magic. What did what did this one feel like for you?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I mean we didn't even talk about show.
Speaker 22: I mean show if it got on base nine times, you know, and just uh, he's about to pitch in like I don't know, twelve hours, fifteen hours or something.
Speaker 11: So it's pretty pretty pretty.
Speaker 22: Unbelievable all the way around, full team effort, everybody will Smith catching eighteen innings. Uh, I mean, I could just go down the list.
Speaker 11: So you know, we.
Speaker 22: Realize their job's not done. We got two more of those guys are gonna be ready to go tomorrow. They got a good picture going, so we're going to sleep as fast as we can get ready to go.
Speaker 23: Even though Yama motive didn't wind up pitching, the fact that he was wanting to go out there and and and.
Speaker 11: Do that with did that show. Yeah, yeah, I didn't even mention Yama.
Speaker 22: I mean he uh, he went up and forced the issue, said he could do it, and yeah, just that's that's unbelievable. You know, that's he just through a complete game two days ago, cross country travel, getting at four in the morning, one day rest basically and go out and say you can pitch. So that's uh, sometimes that's what you need to win a World Series. And we've got a lot of guys in here willing to sacrifice to do that.
Speaker 11: So that's pretty awesome.
Speaker 23: The fifty one on your hats? How did that like kind of come about? Yeah, just something that we talked about, and you know, I'm new to the bullpen.
Speaker 22: But Vess uh, he means a lot to all of us and he was a huge part of this team, a huge part of that bullpen, so we just wanted to do something honor him.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Yeah, we saw it with Blake trenon SAT. We noticed that right away, and yeah, that's pretty cool. That the relievers put fifty one on their cap to honor Alex Vesia, who obviously is dealing with some personal stuff that is not allowing him to be part of this World Series. But he's been such a big part of the Dodgers season all year long, including the first three rounds that come on. They're not going to forget about him. He's a big part of that bullpen and a big part of this Dodger team, and they're going to try to do this without him in the World Series and bring back a second consecutive championship. And I can't say enough, even though he never got into the game, Yamamoto volunteering and pushing the issue as Kershaw just revealed to go out to the bullpen to be ready for a possible nineteenth inning after throwing a complete game two days ago only having a day off. I mean, that's stuff of legends right there, and that stuff that we saw with Oral Herscheiser eighty eight Kershaw pitched on three days rest.
Speaker 1: It's something he would be willing to do.
Speaker 2: That just says a lot about who Yamamoto is and how badly he wants to win, even though he has a ten year contract worth over three one hundred million dollars. And I know there's been a lot of talk about the Dodgers payroll, the salaries. The difference is the Dodgers have paid guys that are winners, that they don't just hand out these big contracts to anybody just with talent. They've picked the right guys, from Otani to Mookie Beds to Freddie Freeman, Clayton Kershaw to Yamamoto.
Speaker 7: That's the separator.
Speaker 2: Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers get the walk off win in eighteen innings thanks to Freddie Freeman six to five over the Blue Jays. Let's go out to Long Beach. David, You're on Dodger Talk live from Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 1: How you doing, David Good?
Speaker 11: How are you?
Speaker 1: Couldn't be better?
Speaker 24: Oh yeah, great winter tonight, Great wednesdnight. And I gotta tell you, I think I probably went through almost speak quarters of a bottle of Pepto bismo listened to this game. I mean, I'm listening on the iHeart Radio and I've been following all eighteen innings.
Speaker 17: And I have to really talk about that.
Speaker 7: On the iHeartRadio app all eighteen innings, David.
Speaker 24: All eighteen innings. That's amazing, all eighteen innings. And I mean, that's how dedicated I am to this team.
Speaker 15: I got to.
Speaker 24: Admit, you know, we had our chances. We were swinging at some bad pitches, but we got the jump done. Bottom line, we won. That's that's all we got.
Speaker 17: We got to w that's it.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 17: One quick question.
Speaker 24: I don't know if you can look this. I don't know if you can look this up, but was there a record set as far as men left on base in a single World Series game?
Speaker 1: That's a great question.
Speaker 2: I mean, the Dodgers left eighteen men on bass and the Blue Jays left nineteen men on base, and it kind of felt like guys were, you know, starting to wear down, but yet they were still trying to swing for the fences instead of you know, taking pitches. But that's where the mental fatigue starts to blend in with the physical and emotional fatigue. So look, it's a it's a hard game. These guys are throwing hard.
Speaker 1: I thought the.
Speaker 2: Dodgers were going to get to Eric Lower they just weren't able to. I mean, he's had their number in the past, but Yeah, that's a great question.
Speaker 1: We'll look up.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I felt like there could have.
Speaker 2: Been some better approaches and extra innings instead of just trying to swing for home run derby at times. But luckily the Dodgers got that one swing from Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 1: So nobody's complaining.
Speaker 2: Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We have a full board of call, so I'm trying to get to all of you. A very exciting night at Dodgers Stadium where the Dodgers win Game three of the World Series in eighteen innings, six to five. David Another David in west Lake. You're on Dodger tog. How you doing.
Speaker 16: DV.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot for taking my call. I'm doing great. Thanks for so late, man, I'm good Man. You and Collin should get overtime for being on till two in the morning. That's fantastic. Thank you for that. I just wanted to say a couple of things. I have a little Freddy story and then. But first I just wanted to say that baseball is such a beautiful game. It's so poetic. It's like the narrative of this team in the postseason was that the bullpen was our achilles heel and that we better not let the bullpen come in because we're gonna lose when they do. And it just so happens that, ironically the bullpen might have just helped us win a world series tonight. I think that's how important this game was to win. And just a huge shout out to every single guy, every single guy, every every single player in that bullpen that came in and just threw zeros. It was just a masterclass of just heart and soul. And the Freddie story is that when I when I when I got a chance to meet you DV on the field, I got a little a little meet and greet with Freddie and he signed my hat and I vowed that I'm I'm I wasn't gonna wear the hat. I didn't want to get it dirty. But for some reason, tonight, before I went to my buddy's house to watch the game, I said, you know what, I'm gonna wear the hat. And just so happened that Freddie went yard and did another walk off, and and just I just want to say Freddie is not not just a great player, but he's such a great person. And and I was so grateful that he took the time to sit down with us and and and and sign my hat and and and we talked baseball a little bit. And he's just amazing. And just shout out to to to the whole Dodger squad tonight. Uh they may have just uh took care of business for this year. And and I'm so proud to be a fan. Thanks Tevie.
Speaker 2: All Right, David, thank you for the phone call. Well, there's still a long way to go in this World Series. If there's one thing for certain, the Blue Jays are not going away without a fight. I think that's one thing we've learned in the first three games of this World Series. The Dodgers are not just going to sweep these guys like they swept the Brewers. These guys are our pesky group of guys that put the ball in play, force mistakes and have two boppers in Vladimir Guro Junior and George Springer. Haven't heard what the exact injury was for George Springer. Maybe we could find out if anybody reported that our guy Julian McWilliams from CBS Sports is in the house. What do we got right side discomfort? I got right side discomfort too. Oh, he's going for an MRI. Julian McWilliams reporting from the Dodgers radio booth for CBS Sports HQ. That's the benefit of when we give him rent free in the booth during game free the World Series. So George Springer certainly will not be in the starting lineup tomorrow night for the Blue Jays in Game four.
Speaker 7: That's a huge loss for them. So basically, uh, they.
Speaker 2: Got Kirk, they got Guerrero, they got var Show, and the Dodgers have got you know, not allow those guys to beat them. And I guess Bobashett as well, who's playing with a bad leg as well bad knee.
Speaker 1: So the Blue Jays are banged up.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers, I will say, are not one hundred percent either, but they're still on the field, so that's a win for them. So George Springer going to get an MRI with right side discomfort, had to leave his at bat in the seventh inning, So the Blue Jays were without Springer, they were without Alejandro Kirk, who they pinched ran formed the twelfth inning, and the Dodgers went with Will Klein and it was a very ordinary lineup outside of Vladimir Guerrero Junior and extra innings eight six, six in two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Sam who is at Dodgers Stadium tonight. Sam, where were you sitting and come clean? Did you stay for all eighteen innings?
Speaker 15: Yes, Dave, this is me. I was on at the beginning of the show. I need to have one more question. I was there question?
Speaker 1: Sorry, Sam, I forgot it.
Speaker 15: Was one more qua.
Speaker 17: Yeah, why was kek?
Speaker 15: Was he hurt? Why was he pulled? I understand maybe they wanted to bun over. Miguel Ross is a better bunter, but I didn't knock your key a shot to knocking that run with nobody out on.
Speaker 2: Second, Yeah, that's exactly that's exactly the reason why. I mean, there's less than two outs, there's nobody out after a Tommy Edmund leadoff double. They're playing for one run, and nobody's a better bunner on this team than Miguel Rojas, and they went to they pulled the trigger on that, wanting to get Edmund to third base and get a couple of shots at a floor. So that's the reason why. But I can understand you know October KEIK and all that, But key K, he didn't have an incredible night tonight. He had a big leadoff single to help the Dodgers come back in this game. But yeah, they were they were looking for the bunt right there. Kei K was two for five tonight or yeah, two for five with the run score. But yeah, that's a fair question, Sam. But Dave Roberts obviously was playing for just one run in the twelfth inning. All right, thank you for the phone call. Eight six six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Unfortunately, the Dodgers were not able to get Tommy Edmond in after a great bump by Miguel Rojas. But like we mentioned earlier, Andy Paez has struggled in this postseason. Has not drawn a single walk, and he led off four different innings tonight, could not get on base to turn the lineup over to be on base for sho hey Otani, and we saw Tommy Edmund finish the game in centerfield with Miguel Rojas at second base. The final six innings of tonight's eighteen inning affair. Look if Tommy Edmund's right foot ankle is good enough to play center field and extra innings and he comes back tomorrow morning and says I could do it. To me, that makes the most sense to have Rojas started second and have Edmund start in center field.
Speaker 1: It really does.
Speaker 2: But I don't know the condition of his right ankle, his right foot, if he's gonna come back tomorrow and say, ah, it's really not feeling great after those six innings in extra. So that's the dilemma Dave Roberts has. But if his right foot, right ankle's responding and he's not limited as far as how much ground he could cover out there. I mean, he went back on a fly ball at the track and extra innings and caught it.
Speaker 7: So if he's physically.
Speaker 2: Sounding, can you know, do the job in center That's what I would do.
Speaker 7: It's it's no indictment on Andy pie Has.
Speaker 2: He's had a great year, but he's not the first rookie to be overmatched in the postseason. He was zero for five tonight and like I said, let off four different innings and couldn't get on base. It just it's just not working for him. He's four for forty eight in this postseason. At some point you've got to make the call and say, you know what, it's just not working. Have him as a thread off the bench for one swing if necessary. Eight six six nine, eight seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Blue Jays six to five and eighteen innings tonight. Let's go out to Santa Paula. Adolfo, You're on Dodger Talk live from Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 1: Where were you watching tonight?
Speaker 25: I'm watching. I was watching the game at my cousiness house in Santa Paula. Man, you know what awesome win Freddy is the man. Kudles to both bullpens. That was amazing. Both lineups are awesome.
Speaker 15: All the time.
Speaker 25: Vladimiro would come up, Oh man, we keep dodging bullets. We keep dodging bullets. But hey, we got Klein the man. You know what, Tommy Edman, rub some vapor up on that. You are playing center field.
Speaker 17: My bud, Mighi.
Speaker 25: Roja second base. We got this, We got this last thing. Kudus to my wife, I told her I'm off at four forty five, driving from off cart, I told her be ready. Cars in a driveway. Fan listen to the first pitch on a m five to seventy and then watch adding second two through eighteen at my cousin's house. Beautiful game, baby, Let's go Dodgers.
Speaker 7: All right, Adolpho, thank you for the phone call. That's a great story.
Speaker 2: Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers walk it off thanks to Freddie Freeman in the eighteenth inning with the six to five win over the Blue Jays, and our caller wanted to know whether or not it was a record of how many men were left on base tonight.
Speaker 7: Yes, in more ways than one.
Speaker 2: The nineteen men left on base by the Blue Jays the most in World Series history. The eighteen men left on base by the Dodgers the second most in World Series history. A combined thirty seven men left on base tonight. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We're gonna take more of your phone calls all the way to two am. But when we continue from Dodgers Stadium, we'll check in with Jose Mota. We'll see if he has a voice left. His partner, Luis co Chito Gruz, I don't know. He was emotionally drained too. Calling eighteen innings. Dodgers, Freddie Freeman, Will Klimb, show Aotani and the rest of the twenty six beat the Blue Jays six to five and eighteen innings on a five to seventy l I Sports.
Speaker 6: Dodger Talk is available on AM five seventy LA sports dot com. Hand on the iHeartRadio app. Back to more Dodger Talk with Dodger insider David Vasse.
Speaker 3: We'll count on Freeman, Little delivers Freeman.
Speaker 7: It's one high in the.
Speaker 1: Air, straight away center field.
Speaker 8: Marshal at the walk, Freddy Freeman, Mister World Series ends the marathon at midnight.
Speaker 2: Great call from Stephen Nelson Tonight, Rick Monday and Stephen Nelson on the call all postseason right here on AM five to seventy LA Sports. The Dodgers have a two games to one lead after Freddie Freeman's heroics tonight and certainly the heroics of Shoho Tani and Will Klein and the rest of that Dodger bullpen. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run Forecast. Go to AM five to seventy LA sports dot com. Use the keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jewler's gift card predicting the number of home runs in the next game. Daniel s Jewlers own the dream. We have a full board of calls. We will get to you between now and two am. You will hear our conversation again with Freddie Freeman and also you'll hear from Mooki Betts.
Speaker 6: But first it's time to go around the horn with Jose Mota.
Speaker 2: All right, Jose Mota, what a night at Dodger Stadium. They talk about keyk Hernandez being mister October. I feel like Steven Nelson had it more accurate that Freddie Freeman is mister World Series.
Speaker 17: Now, well, Dodger, He's a mister World Series.
Speaker 4: He also understands what it takes to win and to not get out there and be caught in something that he mentioned.
Speaker 15: It is very.
Speaker 4: Important that brain fog that really comes in in games like this because you're so exhausted, and managers has always told you, like hey, as a game goes along, don't get cut up, not anticipating not being focused, because a lot of times games like this are lost not on plays like this for home run, but on mistakes being made, especially with the bat or making poor decisions. But overall, Freddie Freeman once again shows his class does not allow one at bat or frustration to carry into the next one. And with his father fred that present behind the plane, it couldn't just be a better story. I mean, what a finish again, some.
Speaker 2: Of those swings that Freddy was taken in his previous two or three at bats, it felt like he was just missing. And also the marine layer was cutting down those fly balls. Did you feel like he was getting good swings and it was only a matter of time for him to deliver.
Speaker 4: I did, and mainly because the foul ball. The foul balls to me tell me a lot, and Freeman has always told me that. He guys say, if I'm cutting to the ball and rolling, I'm being too rotation. Let's not good. But if I'm staying in, even if it seems like the ball beats me, I can make more justice from there. That's why it is important to watch guys like Freddie Freeman, Dave, if you know quite well, watch him want vp outside consistency, stays with a with a swing, understand when he does things wrong, and does not get cut up in any lonch Agles any exit of velocities, just being a good hitter, a pure hitter, and that's what he is who he is. Butternly is the game progressed. The wall is not caring. You cannot let that get into your head. Just put out there your best swing, your best at bad, your best focus, and things like that will happen more often than not.
Speaker 2: Jose, how incredible is it that Yamamoto would volunteer and insist on going to the bullpen just two days after pitching a complete game. I mean, we don't hear a lot from him, but that just speaks, volumes those actions.
Speaker 4: That just speaks to you about how he's built, and you know, speaks a lot about their culture, about the team unity and the thing that they learn as they grew up playing youth baseball, about not being all about you but what your team needs and if you're ready, you're ready, no excuses being made. But I mean, Dave goes, this goes back to feel mean, if you go back to the sixties and Sandy Colfax and drives of those guys, I mean, checking the ball and a game, an important game after two days of rest, it was like nothing, it was part of it. Now modern day baseball doesn't allow you to do that. Medically, you're not permitted to do that. But there's times in what you got to throw all that out and say, who do I have here, how's my team built? And who are the best candidates for me to uther and challenge to take the baseball or ask around a volunteer to do that. But it was just refreshing in this day and a states to see somebody that stature the largest contract for a picture ever to say it's not about Healthale and I was about my team. I understand my body, I know who I am, I know what I'm risking or not risking. I feel good, Give me the baseball, and obviously you may should. All hershows to him, he was like, oh, I got a pitch, Tod, Let's go out there and get it done. Even though Tommy didn't want to pitch. At one point he went to the bullpen and convince him and got some big outs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I thought of when I heard Yamamoto was warming up because I couldn't see the bullpen, and then all of a sudden, Buster only said, yeah, that's Yamamoto. That's the first thing that came to my mind. How about show Heo Tani Tonight, Jose Mota. It felt like in the first nine innings of tonight's game, especially when he tied the game up with that home run in the seventh inning, that he was going to wield the Dodgers to a win tonight, no matter how many mistakes they made.
Speaker 4: Here's one thing about show here. Remember the last season, game number two, he got hurt and he almost was playing just you know, with half of his body with a shoulder issue. And I know that his mind coming into this little series was I need to be better and it's not about health. I needed to go out there and produce. And Dave, he always asked me about this, and you mentioned it yourself too. Is he brought again a different club to home play. It was the one that's looking for the home runs, the big, big old' swing cements and the pitch selection, which is a key like Freddie and his swing and the foul balls. Showy in his takes, the way he takes pitches, the way he's just stays inside of it. The velocity of the swing needs to be cut down sometimes and that is exactly what we saw today because everything was pretty much under control. When we see a guy hit a ball opposite field left center field on the first pitch against reliever, it tells you a lot about where he is, what he's looking for, and exactly how he feels in the battle slide, because it was one on which you let the ball get a little bit deeper and trust that if you make a pitch selection with your head and say I'm got to keep my head in this direction, this path right here, things are going to happen. And for him, I mean, he back spins the ball as better than anybody I've seen from the left side going the other way, And that was just another example. He does not need to swing very hard. He's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first extra base hit since September twentieth to the opposite field to left field tonight. He's pitching tomorrow. He kind of got checked on in extra innings. It looked like he was cramping, but obviously he was fine to stay in the game. How do you believe that plays into tomorrow because he's not just going to end.
Speaker 7: He has to pitch tomorrow as well.
Speaker 4: Right, that was a factor. Obviously it's going to be a factor tomorrow. The one thing we're going to watch for a show. Here is make sure that in situations like this, even though nobody's ever done it before, you know, play eighteen innings and then be the fisher the next day too. Is his mechanics.
Speaker 2: Can you say that again? I mean just say that again. Nobody show him that play eighteen innings.
Speaker 1: Start there.
Speaker 4: He got them based nine times. Okay, he scored three times, he got costealing one time, and tomorrow he is Oh tonight, he is your starting pitcher.
Speaker 1: He loves to sleep. Maybe he'll sleep right at the same time.
Speaker 4: He can't sleeve on. Look at four o'clock if you want to. But I just want to make sure the mechanically he is not cheap his body and compensating for things that are not there. So he needs to be in line with his body lined up to home play to make sure the legs are there.
Speaker 7: All right, that'll be something we'll keep an eye on.
Speaker 2: Jose sleep fast and can't wait to get back to the ballpark for Game four, Otani's first ever World Series start on the mound.
Speaker 4: Great job, David, wait to wait, you hit waited out. You're a teammate and you are great report. I know we know more now about what Kika did, and what they're doing for will climb down there and will climb my god, tip my hat, My goodness, you need those guys like we did last year with certain guys in that bullpen.
Speaker 1: I'll standing what a team effort. Thanks ose Hi.
Speaker 2: There he goes Jose Mota, part of the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast all eighteen innings with Louis Cruz and certainly amazing when you take a step back and you just realize what Otani is attempting to do. Eighteen innings played, It's now almost two am. He has to turn around and pitch and be the game four starter, and he's expecting out of himself a great performance. The Dodgers need him after using every single reliever, some more than others, but somewhat of a short bullpen considering these three games are consecutive. Not ideal for either team to have an eighteen inning game at the beginning of a three in a row here at Dodgers Stadium, but that just re emphasizes the Blue Jays needing Shane Bieber to give them length and the Dodgers needing a guy that was on base nine times was thrown out stealing hit two home runs, hit two doubles, scored three times. Was all over this game tonight to start and be a dominant starting pitcher tomorrow. It's just incredible what they're asking and what he is going to demand out of himself tomorrow. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five point seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Heather, who was a Dodger stadium tonight. Hi, Heather, where were you sitting?
Speaker 18: Hey, Dave?
Speaker 9: We Oh my gosh. We flew out from Utah this morning, me and my family to come to the game and we were sitting in the top deck. We had great seats, great view. That game was unreal. I've never been to a World Series game in my entire life, and that game lived up to every single expectation I had and more I've I've called it many times and told you how much I love Freddy Freeman. He's my favorite player of all time, and I think the lucky stars that we got him from the braves and for him to deliver that Hollywood ending performance. And I looked at my family and I just said, Freddy's got to do it right now. He's got to and like the earlier callers said, it was just so poetic. And the one other moment that I just had to point out was I've never seen Clayton curse. I'll pitch live and I'm going to get a little emotional. That was an incredible experience for everybody in Dodger Stadium to see Clayton curse I'll go out and pitch in his final season in a World Series game, and it was just magical tonight.
Speaker 26: That's all I can say.
Speaker 9: It was just absolutely magical.
Speaker 1: It really was, Heather.
Speaker 2: And when I got back up to the booth after being on the field doing those interviews, first guy I ran into was John Smoltz, and the first thing he told me was, I'm so happy for Clayton Kershaw. I wanted him so badly to get out of that jam for the Dodgers because of just the false narrative over his postseason career, and everybody, whether if you're a Dodger fan or a Blue Jays fan or can't stand the Dodgers, you got to be a Kershaw fan and rooting for him. In that spot in the twelfth inning, with the bases loaded, Nathan Lucas he was able to battle and get the left hander to ground out to the right side and get out of that jam. And I feel like everybody was super excited, but also some of us that are really close to it maybe a little relieved.
Speaker 7: That he was able to get out of that.
Speaker 2: But I had to remind myself, we're not talking about, you know, some guy that they just added to the roster. This guy is one of the all time great pitchers ever in the game, not just because of the talent and the stuff, but the competitiveness. He was not going to allow Nathan Lucas to beat him. He was going to be super stubborn in that spot. And he had been warming up since the first or second inning. I saw him doing his yoga, usual pregame routine in the bullpen, so he was anticipating coming into this game at some point in time, and the previous three innings he was really warming up, ready to come in, but really happy for Kershat to get into the World Series number one and number two, to be able to deliver in his role, to be able to get one left handed hitter tonight in the twelfth inning with the game on the line, bases loaded, if he walks Lucas with the full count, the.
Speaker 1: Blue Jays may win this game.
Speaker 2: So there was no margin for error when Clayton Kershaw came into that game, and certainly even less with the full count and two outs and the bases loaded.
Speaker 7: So think about that as well.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like, Okay, if he walks him, he gets another guy. No, if he walks him, runs in and the Blue Jays may win that game in twelve innings. Let's go out to our guy, Craig. I Ray Craig in Long Beach. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Craig, Craig, you're still awake. Oh, Craig, you fell asleep. He's still there. I think you're snoring. Are you snoring?
Speaker 1: Craig? Clear the throw? Craig you there?
Speaker 26: Oh yeah something?
Speaker 2: Oh there you I thought you were asleep. I thought we heard just snoring.
Speaker 1: Craig.
Speaker 26: I you know what I got. I gotta hang up. I got it.
Speaker 20: Sounds like I gotta to two uh calls on the line.
Speaker 7: Okay, talk to you later, Craig.
Speaker 2: Geez, you got two calls on the line at one forty five.
Speaker 7: You held on for twenty minutes. That's wild.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is what life with Ben mallers like in the middle of the night right here. All right, let's go out to Sid who is at Dodgers Stadium tonight.
Speaker 17: Hi?
Speaker 7: Sid, I hope you got home safe.
Speaker 26: Let's go with Dodgers David. How awesome is it to be a part of this organization. You're blessed to be there live. We're blessed as fans the Google Yemen organization putting together this great winning team.
Speaker 17: We were there.
Speaker 26: We left the house in China over here early in the morning. We stayed the whole eighteen We're in the top deck. We were going crazy. We heard you last week saying the Dodger fans weren't representing. Let me tell you, man, we were representing up there. How awesome is it to be a part of this as a fan to be able to witness such a great historical team like the Dodgers right now, and we're able to witness that right now with Freddie on these Hall of famers. Man, what a great organization. We're so fired up here man. My brother got me and my brother my son tickets and we're just ecstatic. We're ecstatic and we can't wait for another championship. Let's go come to us them listen Monday. Yeah, Hey, we love five seventy Man, you guys want If it wasn't for you guys, man, we wouldn't have a connection out here on the streets. Thanks for everything you guys do. What a great game, huh, David.
Speaker 7: Great game, Sid, not as great as that phone call.
Speaker 2: I would say your phone call is as great as that game ending walk off.
Speaker 7: Home run by Freddie Freeman. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 2: Love it and continue to bring that love and passion all over Southern California and especially when you guys come back to Dodger Stadium. Yeah, all right, thank you for the phone call, Sid, appreciate that was awesome. Let's send it right there. You know you don't want to go too far. That was a great call, and you don't want to go too far. Hey, I can't follow that up with another phone call, So why don't we share the conversation and interview I had with Freddie Freeman moments after he touched home plate and that walk off home run in the eighteenth inning tonight.
Speaker 1: What can you say about this one tonight?
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is all This is all pitching right here. Our bullpen was absolutely incredible. I mean you can go down the list everybody, but Will Climb four innings, that Guardo two innings.
Speaker 11: It just it's just on and on and on.
Speaker 5: This was uh, this was incredible, with a lot of opportunities early in the game that didn't come through.
Speaker 11: But glad we ever get this one.
Speaker 7: Freddie, what can you say about Will Klein?
Speaker 1: He set the stage for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was uh, I mean four innings. I don't know if there's enough words we can really describe what he did today.
Speaker 11: Especially in your.
Speaker 5: First World Series game. Was that his first one day pitch? Yes, I don't know. This game is so long, I'm starting to I'm starting to lose it. But Will Kline, I think he threw like seventy pitches one ending guy and he goes out and does that there's got me win and goes, oh, y'all Motor Warriors.
Speaker 11: So glad we were able to keep.
Speaker 7: Him down before I let you go.
Speaker 2: How does this feel compared to last year's walk off rand slam?
Speaker 5: Well, this one, I mean they're about the same. I guess you know it's you had to walk off on round the World Series.
Speaker 11: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: So I'm just goat up to one now, eighteen innings, Freddy, thank you for standing.
Speaker 11: Thank you, David.
Speaker 2: There he goes Freddie Freeman, as you can hear in his voice, emotionally drained, physically drained after an eighteen inning marathon he had.
Speaker 7: I don't know, I.
Speaker 1: Mean he was.
Speaker 2: He was emotional, you could hear it in his voice, and how couldn't you be after a game like that, in delivering the way he did. Eight six, six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Frank, who was at Dodger Stadium tonight. Hi Frank, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 4: Hey David.
Speaker 16: Uh yeah, man, love the energy that last.
Speaker 11: Caller and uh.
Speaker 16: Energy, Yeah, you're I was gonna say, I don't know if I'll you know, I don't really have the budget to buy World Serious tickets. I was gifted tickets today, you know, I'm so grateful for that. But I don't know if I'll ever go to another World Series game. But I surely know I'll never go to another one like that. So me and my sixteen year old flun we got to go. We're massive Dodger fans. It's that's how we Uh, it's one of our best things to do with baseball, and and uh, man, what an unforgettable and uh memorable experience, and it's so happy. A lot of us are sharing to sing sentiment on the way to car and the parking lot is, Man, you know you feel a lot better Ivan won that game like that, you know, that long, that many hours, then if you had lost it. And so we're so excited to have been there and got to share that experience with so many cool Dodger fans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Dodgers have the momentum in the World Series right now, but it can change quickly. And the Blue Jays are not going anywhere, but they're they're at a disadvantage being down two games to one and going to be without George Springer at least for tomorrow night, as he's gonna be undergoing an MRI on his right side. He tweaked it during his bat in the seventh inning. He couldn't continue. And the Dodgers have a lot of momentum with shoe he Otani on the mound tomorrow night, and certainly, you know they they did use a lot of different relievers and look the Dodger bullpen. A lot of people have not believed in them, has have discounted these group of guys. But at Gardo at Riquez, Emisian, Roki Sasaki, Jack Dryer, Justin Robleski, Anthony Banda Kershaw, I mean those guys can deliver for Dave Roberts. In these next two games, Dryer only needed to get one out trying and did give up the game tying hit. He only got one out, one out, Kershaw, one out. I mean Enriquez, he did pitch two scoreless, So you know, maybe he's off off limits tomorrow. Sasaki through twenty nine pitches and an inning in two thirds tonight. But trust me, if if three outs are needed, I don't see Dave Roberts hesitating going to the rookie right hander tomorrow night. You heard Stephen Nelson's call. How about Joe Davis saw him walk out? I mean I had a wave time and say, hey, Joe, you remember me? You know we worked together, you know with his fancy Fox friends. Now it's like I never existed. But here was Joe Davis on the call on Fox. We remember his call last year, Gibby meet Freddie. Here was this year's walk off home run call from our very own Joe Davis on Fox Sports.
Speaker 18: In Los Angeles, Collins, it's a five put a simple cool fur.
Speaker 1: Show's going back, all right.
Speaker 2: There is Joe Davis's call walk off home run for Freddie Freeman. There you have it and certainly a great you know, that was the Chino type of energy right there. And I love Steven Nelson's call. He had a great call for us on five seventy l E Sports. He should be very proud of his call.
Speaker 1: Let's go out to.
Speaker 2: Jennifer who was at Dodger Stadium tonight. Hi Jennifer, you're on Dodger Talker.
Speaker 9: Hi David, thank you for taking my call. I was at behind a home plate screaming as two trying to say hello to you earlier.
Speaker 7: Oh and I can't believe I missed that, Jennifer. I'm sorry. Petros was in my way.
Speaker 16: I know, David.
Speaker 21: I've been asking you for the past couple of years how my boys feeling, and you always.
Speaker 25: Come through, and you always give me the polls, and I just want to say thank you. You called me off the edge when I thought the.
Speaker 4: Giants were gonn sweep them and take over the divisions.
Speaker 9: You've calmed me off the edge since twenty fifteen when I started listening regularly.
Speaker 21: And I just want to say thank you, and I want to know how my boys are feeling into the game tomorrow.
Speaker 1: They're gonna be ready to go.
Speaker 2: They'll be feeling good, Jennifer, be ready for a three games to one lead in the World Series. It's gonna be tough for the Blue Jays to pick themselves up, also knowing there without George Springer, but they're not going anywhere. I think we've all learned that it's not going to be easy and the Dodgers have got to be ready for another fight tomorrow night.
Speaker 20: Ah what it came to be at.
Speaker 16: Thank you, David.
Speaker 17: I can't wait to listen to this again all my way to work tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you, Jennifer. I appreciate that loyal listener right there. Eight sixty six seven two five seventy is the phone number you know before or after game one. Since we're talking about Yama Moto, I wanted to bring this up considering Yamamoto went out to the bullpen tonight and was ready to come in for the nineteen after pitching a complete game, the second consecutive complete game of his postseason starts. Remember pitched one in the National League Championship Series. Game two comes back. Game two pitches a complete game against the Blue Jays in their house, and then tonight ready to go for the nineteenth inning.
Speaker 7: On one day's rest.
Speaker 2: Here was Jeet, as New Yorkers call him, Jeet, Jeet, You're the greatest, Jeet, Jeet, whatever you say, it's the gospel, Jeet.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Derek Jeter on Fox Sports.
Speaker 2: Here is Derek Jeter, who is a great player, but maybe not so great at a broadcaster and not really knowing the people that he's covering.
Speaker 1: Yamamoto threw a complete game.
Speaker 11: He's not gonna throw on tomorrow night, He's not.
Speaker 7: Can we play that again? That was after game one.
Speaker 1: Yamamoto threw a complete game.
Speaker 11: He's not gonna throw on tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: He's not.
Speaker 7: Oh really, really, Jeet, hey, Gita, Jita, really he pitched one?
Speaker 2: And I have been told you did not have Amya Kopa after game two and his complete game?
Speaker 1: Did you have one? Tonight?
Speaker 2: Jet, Hey, Jita, Gita, you're gonna say that you were wrong about Yamamoto. Any of your guys go out there on one day's rest ray to pitch the nineteenth inning after pitching two consecutive complete games in the postseason. I mean, this is La Jeter. What you did in pinstripes means nothing here. This is the new Dynasty.
Speaker 1: Buddy.
Speaker 2: He used to call everybody buddy, never knew their name buddy. He pitched two complete games, Jeet, and was ready to go for the nineteenth inning. So how about a public apology on the pregame show tomorrow on Fox Sports, just saying you're wrong, you were wrong about Yamamoto and you underestimated the type of warrior and competitor.
Speaker 1: He is on the mound. That'll do it for us tonight on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you guys staying up with us until two am tomorrow or later today show.
Speaker 1: Hey O Tawni.
Speaker 2: After a historic night being on base nine times, having two doubles and two home runs, will be starting his first ever World Series game, Game four, against Shane Bieber, who is also warming up for a possible nineteenth inning that never came. Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck begins at four o'clock, first pitch at five oh five. Coming up in four hours. Tim Kits and Steve Sachs will be with you with more Dodger talks. So you know, I could say we could stay here until six am. What do you guys think want to stay till six I guess not. I could talk more about Jeter being wrong and never apologizing to Yamamoto. I mean, Yamamoto was on the set. I didn't hear him say like, I didn't think you could throw a complete game again?
Speaker 7: A jeet find me tomorrow. I got the receipts.
Speaker 2: Thanks to Colin Ye back at our burbanks to videos, thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Dodgers Stadium, and thanks to you loyal listeners, loyal Dodger fans hanging in there for all eighteen innings and some radio magic on Dodger Talk Live from Dodgers Stadium. And thank you to Freddie Freeman for ending the game after six hours and thirty nine minutes, the second longest game and World Series history by time. Freddie Freeman, you can call him mister World Series.
Speaker 1: That's for sure. Once again.
Speaker 2: The final score tonight from Dodgers Stadium after eighteen innings, the Dodgers defeat the Blue Jays six to five.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to you in a few hours.
Speaker 7: Sax and Kate's coming up at six am.
Speaker 1: See y'all, just don