Speaker 1: Your keywording. Gonna give it to you early. Your keyword right now is bank. Go to ktwb dot com. You know that keyword. I hope you play this every time you hear us. Do it because the more you play, the better your chance to win. If you don't play, you have zero chance to win one thousand dollars. So it's a it's a boring game to play. It's boring, but it's simple and it's one thousand dollars. Go to KDWB dot com. Type in in the little box that pops up the keyword bank, B A n K. You got a thousand dollars. Unless you're like, you don't need one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: That's chicken feed to me. I don't need that. If you don't need it, then don't play. But if you want it or you need it, then stop bitching and go to KTWB dot com and play the game and know the keyword bank. Let's do the dance party on KDWB. Bitcoin. You use your thousand dollars to buy bitcoin. Invest in bitcoin. That's what you're gonna do with that. You can do whatever you want with your thousand dollars and is trying to peak your interest here. I use that keyword bank. Go to KDWB dot com. Maybe win one thousand dollars, put it in bitcoin or smart or maybe take a trip up north to the north Shore, the north or the North Shore, or do what Jinny did. Spend one thousand dollars on a camper van that doesn't run right. So that's that's kind of a cool idea.
Speaker 2: It's really fun. Yeah, it doesn't work at all.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not working right now in the camper van.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not because it's old or anything like that. It's because I got rear ended. So none of my electricals working. I'm trying to get the damage fixed. And I called many audi auto body shops yesterday and everyone's like they're like, yeah, we can get you in for an estimate. And I was like, Okay, it's a camper van. B Oh, no, we can't know, we're not we don't do camper vans. Wow. My lesson to start the conversation with, I have a camper van. Yeah, you do estimates on that. So it's just damage and it just sucks about the electrical because it still runs with the damage but the electrical screws up my fan and my heater.
Speaker 2: And you know she is. She is a love hate relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love her so much, but I hate her when I'm not out venturing with her.
Speaker 1: By the way, your neighbor just texted, she's on fire right now. So just yeah, just what't surprise me? Thought I would let you know Jenny's been on Reddit.
Speaker 3: We do regular confessions on the show, but right now we're going to talk about some drunk confessions people heard on Reddit. Early two thousands, I picked up my friend from the bar because he was too drunk to drive. As soon as he gets in my car, he blurs up my then girlfriend and I are getting you a PS two for Christmas.
Speaker 2: So he couldn't he couldn't hold in what he was getting him for Christmas. I thought that was all right.
Speaker 3: Another one, an older cousin called a group of us together and came out as gay. He was genuinely surprised, and I think upset when we not only accepted it, but explain that we've known this for a decade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so these are drunken confessions.
Speaker 3: Shortly after my friend and his girlfriend got engaged, she got very drunk at a part and went around saying to everyone, I got engaged, and then in a sad voice to Peter, Yeah, Peter. They did not make it to the alter. This person says, my boss texted me by accident when she was drunk and she was asking for narcotics from her dealing.
Speaker 2: Oh no, yeah, wow.
Speaker 3: My boss told me about his secret son. He's been married for over forty years and they have three kids and six grandchildren.
Speaker 2: But he had another son that was someone else.
Speaker 3: But apparently that son passed away in his thirties, but nobody know it was about that other son. This all came out when they were drinking. Now this one is a doozy. My work colleague, So this person is a male. His work colleague is a female. Confessed to him that she was lonely. She saw him as a safe space at work and she really wanted to peg him.
Speaker 1: Whoa god, Wow, that was a drunk confession.
Speaker 2: That was a drunk confession.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't expect that.
Speaker 2: This is so weird.
Speaker 3: So I turned twenty one in Santa Cruz and really liked hanging out at a bar. It's called the New Jury Room. It's crossed from the courthouse, so that's why it's called that. But some of the regulars said that it used to be called just the jury room because supposedly a regular there had gotten really drunk confessed to a string of murders to the others in the bar, and some of them were courthouse employees, and they compared his story to facts of unsolved murders and it was true, so he got caught.
Speaker 2: So now it's the new.
Speaker 3: Jury room, not the old jury room where a steal serial killer hung out. Damn, this one made me laugh so hard because if you consume protein powder, you get this. My roommate drunkenly admitted he's been stealing my protein powder for two years and replacing it with.
Speaker 2: Cheap generic crap.
Speaker 3: I've been paying premium prices for chalky garbage because some protein powder does legitimately taste like chalk. The premium stuff is actually very good. And we'll end with this one and says, my partner and her mother got pretty drunk at a family event. My partner ended up confessing to her mother that we were swingers. Her mother confessed that she and her new partner were swinging too.
Speaker 1: Is that you?
Speaker 3: So this is the path they ended up making to never go to clubs in each other's estates to prevent anything unpleasant. So apparently they lived in different states.
Speaker 1: WHOA, by the way, you write your own stories like mom walks out do boys? All right? Use that keyword bank on KDEWBT on comm to whin You're thousand dollars and we'll be back. It's Black History Month and a second. Bon's got another Black History Month spotlight artist coming up next on KDWB. This time, I'll give you a little preview. It's for real, Yeah, babe, do that next on KDB. I had no idea Pharrell wrote all those songs that is amazing.
Speaker 4: So many him and the guy Chad Hugo in the Neptune Neptunes and that was just a couple of them, like the Drop It Like It's Hot Milkshake. All those he wrote produced kind of did a little in the grip like his.
Speaker 1: Little producer yah yah producer sounds like, oh that that's really good. Yeah, I had really no idea. Did you know Ferrella is like fifty one years old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he looks young though, did you the He does wear sunglasses a lot though, And I feel like sunglasses can make.
Speaker 2: Anyone look young. I should try that, Yeah, you should.
Speaker 4: You look good with your glasses though, me and Bailey tell you that all the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you face shade, honestly, Well, not just sunglasses, but just cover your whole face with one big shade.
Speaker 2: Well, to cover up your face, so you look like a shade, like a.
Speaker 1: Or a paper bag.
Speaker 5: Or a paper bag. Yeah, wide brim hats.
Speaker 1: Telling Bailey a little while ago, I said, you know what, thank God that I have you in here to remind me what a piece of garb a gi am. Yeah, and she said yeah, and like you're welcome. Yeah, you're so welcome. Yeah, because I was trying to work on a commercial a little while ago and kept screwing it up, and she's like, you're stupid.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, because in the commercial we kept talking about how how sharp your mind was, and then you would flub it and you'd be like, you know, my brain is getting to work.
Speaker 1: I'm so sharp. God do it again. My brain is so short. It's good to hell. It's good to have a friend this and this is what we call our friends. This is what we call our friends. Somebody who's constantly honest to remind us what stupid people. We are keeping you humble. Baby, got to somebody's got about doing doing yoga. I kind of want to do yoga, and I love to see I know, out out of nowhere, I'm thinking about doing yoga. Okay, do where do you start to do yoga? Do you look on YouTube? Do you buy a yoga book? Do I got to go to a yoga gym?
Speaker 5: No, go to like a yoga class. I'm sure there's like yoga for beginners. You know, you might like like hot yoga. I went to a hot yoga class.
Speaker 1: I did it once a yeah, and I I won't say it wasn't my thing. It was. It was difficult. It was not a beginner yoga.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say.
Speaker 3: You probably went to Warrior sculpt which is like hit yoga. That's what Steve used to do all the time, because I did that with him, and he'd have to like stop ten minutes in because he sweat so much of the entire floor was dripping in THO.
Speaker 1: I did p' id x yoga, and yoga was the toughest day on p' idy x. I want to do a relaxing, meditated I yoga where you're like you know, you do the child's pose, then do the cat pose, do the child's pose again, then you have a little sip of water, you take a break, and you go home.
Speaker 5: You seem like someone who would be interested in tai chi.
Speaker 1: I actually liked that. To go laugh at me, I downloaded a tai chi app and I paid like nineteen dollars for it. I used it one time because I couldn't follow the movements, but I.
Speaker 4: Would like to do I'd be more determined to figure it out. Yeah, or at least try it for free before you put the money down.
Speaker 1: I don't like it then, and it wasn't bad vaunt. It was like kind of relaxing, but then the movements got a little bit more complicated and I'm like, eh, was like a good time for a burger.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is what you're looking to do, like specifically relaxing or do you want to just move your body?
Speaker 1: Stretch? And I move my body all the time, but like stretching and relaxing. I like it would like to stretch because when I've ever I bend over to feed Bernie, I'm.
Speaker 5: Like, and he looks at you, like just my foodle Man took on a meditation retreat and then let us know, like keep a journal.
Speaker 1: I think that'd be fun.
Speaker 3: Dave would make fun of every person at a retreat like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, yes, that is.
Speaker 3: Woo wo to the top notch your sound bath, like Megan, every person there.
Speaker 1: Sound bath sounds lit? Have you seen those? Bud Dave? I had a sound bath in Hawaii. It was the stupidest thing I ever spent. It was a free sound bath, but afterward you're obligated to tip the moron that gave it to you twenty bucks. And she's like, oh yeah, we have a different bowl over here, and to tap the bowl and then you just absorb this. She okay, how long is this? I felt because bad for it because we're at the pool in Hawaii last year, exactly a year ago, and she's coming around and nobody's really taking her up on it, you know what I mean. It's like everybody's like, no, that sounds stupid. So I'm like, yeah, sure, I'm like this is gonna cost me twenty dollars. But she's working, she needs some money. She's not doing it, you know, because she loves it. But whatever, So it's like, Okay, I'm gonna tap this bowl and this bowl and this bowl and won, and then she's of course, how did you like that? And then you want to make her feel good. It's like when your kid makes a macaroni art and a necklace. You go, all, that's beautiful. Wow, So you give them a good review and it's like tips are not mandatory, but they sure are appreciated.
Speaker 5: It like the iPad around, It starts at twenty five person.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, man, I think I gave her twenty bucks.
Speaker 3: Out of If you don't like sound bath, you're never gonna like yoga.
Speaker 1: Really no, I've done yoga before. Yoga's practical. It stretches you. But if Phyllis brings along a can of crystals and is like, well, the courts one is the healing energy one and the one is the one that spirit shut up with your rocks and your crystals, Helen.
Speaker 2: Well, Helen, what did Helen ever do to you?
Speaker 1: Brought along crystals?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm glad she has a collection, has something to call her own.
Speaker 1: Do you guys want to talk about that? Gallantine's Day is.
Speaker 5: Today's Gallantine's Day. Happy holidays to women with friends, because today's Gallantine's Day, which is like you know, an unofficial holiday where you hang out with all your girlfriends. I did a Gallantine's Dying last Saturday, and literally all we did for three hours was sit around and gossip.
Speaker 2: It was awesome. We didn't have a TV on, there was no music.
Speaker 5: We literally ate cinnamon rolls, we had Bloody Mary's and we gossiped for three hours.
Speaker 2: It was fantastic. I loved it.
Speaker 1: It's also Fred at the thirteen. Not a good day to do the old pull and prey method. You know what I'm saying. Do you know what I'm saying? My finger? Oh yeah, don't do it. Not to give it today, not today. Oh so, Happy Gallantine's Day, Happy weekend. We get some stuff going on for you for this weekend. Let's not do that. We don't have time. We're gonna do. We're gonna get right into Dave's dirt on KATIEWB.
Speaker 6: Seventy two percent of the following gossip is made up by Dave.
Speaker 3: It's Dave's dirt on KADWB.
Speaker 1: Actually not made up at all. I'm just gonna go over some things really quick that are going on this weekend. In case you're looking to get out of the hat. It's going to be gorgeous this weekend comparatively today forty five, tomorrow fifty one, maybe some snow next week, so go enjoy it while you can. The RV Show is going on this weekend through right through Monday. Golf Show is also at the Convention Center this weekend. Harlem Globe Trotter's Target Center on Sunday at three. World's Toughest Rodeo is the Grand Casino Arena over in Saint Paul today and tomorrow. A lot of polar plunges. There's one in Rochester, Waconia and wood Barry. We were at Lola's Lake House last night. They had all the tent set up for the polar plunge. That looks kind of fun. Love it. Big Rock, Big Rock under the license this weekend. Zoo after Hours is at the Minnesota Zoo for Valentine's Day. Blue Group I've always wanted to see the Blue Men group. They are tonight at the State Theater in Minneapolis. Guys and Dolls opens to chan Hassen Dinner Theater tonight, Happy opening Night.
Speaker 2: Break a Leg again, Yes, Break a Leg.
Speaker 1: Minnesota Roller Derby is also to tomorrow at Roy Wilkins Arena Auditorium that is in Saint Paul.
Speaker 3: So there's been a GoFundMe started for James Vanderbeek and you might think, why does the celebrity like that need to go fundme? Well, basically it's up to two million dollars. And what James Vanderbeek said before he passes like he's uspent his savings on cancer treatment and he had less than you might expect from starring in such such a successful show like Dawson's Creek because there was no residual money.
Speaker 1: From Dawson's Creek paycheck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a.
Speaker 3: Really bad contract and he so he said, I saw almost nothing from that. Steven Spielberg donated twenty five thousand dollars. Apparently Dawson and Dawson's Creek idolized Spielberg, so that was sweet, funny. A lot of other celebrities have donated just a ton, like Zoe's Heldonna pledged to contribute twenty five hundred, but it's just sad. It's to help the family out and like leftover medical bills for a celebrity, which is crazy.
Speaker 5: If you're looking to go to the movies for Valentine's Day, this weekend wuthering heights that come out.
Speaker 1: Out good you think it does.
Speaker 5: I've only heard like hot takes that are on the bad side of it on like TikTok wait, mostly people who are like upset because it doesn't align with the literature necessarily. But some reviews have said that it is made for the Bridgerton generation and it is influenced by the esthetics of soft peorn in high fashion. It's a movie with its sites firmly fixed on gen z okay, so we'll see. Honestly, I kind of want to see it only because every single shot that I see from this movie, like in a trailer, looks like the cover of a romance novel that you find in CBS.
Speaker 4: So I kind of want to see exactly You ever thought you'd hear the kids Abot version of Shaboozie's a bar song, Well today you're going to.
Speaker 1: They partnered with him, and I think butchered it. But y'all love it. Everybody in the place sing it with me. I love how they changed the lyrics around. That is so sweet.
Speaker 5: We're having milkshakes at this bar.
Speaker 1: I like that. Okay, what do you want to cover here? This is an Olympian figure skaters. They're Americans, Madison Chalk and Evan Bates. They lost the gold and they took silver. They were on the today so yesterday. So here's kind of the drama of not winning that gold.
Speaker 6: It was a little hard, but I think the most important thing is the feeling that we had when we finished our skate.
Speaker 2: We were so happy. We knew we left it all.
Speaker 6: In the ice. We skated with our hearts and I wouldn't change anything about how we skated, or our preparation or what we did to get to this point.
Speaker 1: Yang good for them.
Speaker 5: If you're watching the Olympics today, it's the women's hockey quarterfinal, the men's halfpipe, the women's snowboard cross, and then Iliya Malinin is trying.
Speaker 1: To go for gold.
Speaker 5: As a figure skater. He's the one with the big old cheeks and you could do a backflip.
Speaker 1: He's the quad God, good god, he is able to do a quad axel or quad jumper spin or something like that. It really is amazing. Great hair too, he does have really cool hair. All right, that is it. You guys, have a great weekend. Thank you for being here all week. In long the Cardi B tickets on KATIEWB when we come back on Tuesday. We're not here on Monday, and hopefully you've got a longer weekend too. We got the Ultimate tickets, so starting at like seven oh five and then every hour, every half hour, every half an hour, you have a chance to win tickets. Everybody from Noah Khan to Ed Sheeran to Bruno Mars MGK. This is off the top of my head, so I'm gonna miss some. But it starts at seven oh five on Monday. I know that's a long ways away and Tuesday and nobody's going, hey, I'm really looking forward to Tuesday. Hey wait yeah, make it a little bit easier, Onya. So thanks for listening. Check out the Minnesota Goodbye Podcast fifteen delightful bonus minutes of The Dave Ryan Show on the iHeartRadio app.